Speaker 1: On air at am five seventy LA Sports and on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts Matt money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We know we belong to the land, and the land we belong to is grand gone to you.
Speaker 4: Petrosen Money Hey, five to seventy LA Sports. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. After a full four hour show yesterday, we got Dodger baseball back tonight, a big one best in the NL Braves are in town for three. The gaalpin Ford Broadcast Booth will have first pitch at seven to ten PMM at Shean on the Mound against Chris Sale with his six and one and the Dodgers, having struggled a little bit as of late, can certainly have a get right series and overtake the Braves in the standings with a series Sweet Dodgers on Deck at six we will give you three hours of great sports talk between now and then.
Speaker 5: Prog Man It is a Frogman Friday and the Petrosit Money Show. I've got ocean front property in Arizona. From my house you can see the sea.
Speaker 4: I see the sea.
Speaker 2: And on a Frogman Friday, Petrason Money Show sentiments the greatness of the Pacific Ocean and those that protect us from it, Lifeguards, Coast Guards, Harbord Patrol, the US Navy Frogmen. Did I mention lifeguards? Lifeguards? They do a great job Frogmen. We also play great homage to the one and only Lloyd Bridges who've played a great character Undersea Mercenary Mike Nelson and one of our favorite television shows ever produced about seventy five years old.
Speaker 6: Now Sea hunts with tanks of compressed air strapped to his back. Man has a new found ability to penetrate the four fifths of his world that consists of water. He does it for fun, for exploration, and for work. Dave Norfolk did it for work for a career. He was an underwater maintenance man for twenty miles of submarine cable armed with a compact induction device. He checked his cable for wear and tear, for corrosion and decay, and then Dave Norfolk met his dead on the job. Dave died at the hands of two other men who had learned to live under water and to kill underwater.
Speaker 2: They were no.
Speaker 6: Scars, no wounds to testify to what happened. They simply turned off the valve that delivered air to Dave Norfolk and watched him drown helpless.
Speaker 2: Tough way to go.
Speaker 4: That's a real tough way to got very detailed.
Speaker 2: We were gonna try to get Billy Zane to read this for us, but he left with his wallet, chain and white jeans and went down the hall to another interview.
Speaker 4: Ted bub can you stay for one more shirts? Go to commercials. See you later, guys.
Speaker 2: We're gonna play Dodger Pa Man Todd Lights. What are you nuts? We still gotta take that Florida man. You know what that's like these days.
Speaker 7: You got the Navy everywhere, You got frogmen, you got the EC two's with the satellite tracking, you got the bell two nine of salt choppers up the ass. We're losing one out of every nine loads. That's no dunk walk anymore. Let me tell you, forget about money. What do you suggest that's reasonable?
Speaker 2: Dieter role Dodger. Oregon is gonna play frog Man Friday and see that today.
Speaker 3: Oiliers Bulliers, Blier's Biers to.
Speaker 2: Oliers, Blier's Toliers blers.
Speaker 8: Bire diar doar dire.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, fire diar dire.
Speaker 1: B You know you you you know, you know, you know you.
Speaker 2: Good luck to the Dodgers, good luck to everybody involved. Thank you everybody. It's pretty great week. We're very happy to be here in the world of great sports talk, Great sports talk.
Speaker 3: Don McLean, our bff, will join us in the very next segment.
Speaker 2: Matt, we'll talk basketball. The Lakers lost.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you noticed, but didn't cover an officials talk after the game. Yeah, got a little ugly there late. You know, game was tight, they wanted that and one that didn't happen, and then all of it. You know, it was just kind of the last straw. You know, the camel's back.
Speaker 2: But you can't take it. I've taken so much.
Speaker 4: I can't have a white guy dumping thirty one in after the worst outing of his life and you know that guy's getting yelled at by a bald officially short. You know you just can't do that.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, I don't think we should make it about race. I think way too many people are talking about race when it comes to the series and it's running the series.
Speaker 8: I like it.
Speaker 2: Don McClain, a white man, will join us in the very next segment, and then David Vassey, who's ambiguously white, will join us in the four o'clock hour. We will talk to Dave about he's at Dodger Stadium and there's some breaking news out there, right Tim, I think some things have happened.
Speaker 3: When it comes to the Yawyers, well, it all started with the Ontario Tower Buzzers tweeting out that tomorrow Blake Snell is no longer having a rehab start there.
Speaker 10: He was scheduled to start against the Ram who told the.
Speaker 2: Tower Buzzers that they could talk out of school like that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, don't talk on to buzz.
Speaker 4: String your freaking fans along and let them be disappointed once you announce after they're at the ballpark that Blake, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That cheeseburger castro is gonna get.
Speaker 3: Cold instead of pitching in front of five thousand. He's gonna be pitching in front of fifty five thousand people tomorrow night. So Blake Snell is reportedly gonna be the starting pitcher tomorrow night, his first start since coming off the injured list.
Speaker 2: He's producer run shows. I'll see I's ninety six k so we will have the latest there from David Vasse in the next hour from Dodger Stadium. As the Braves are in town and the big pitching matchups and all the stuff going on, we are right right on top of that.
Speaker 3: Something interesting, Matt. You might find it interesting, you might not. Sometimes may be good. Sometimes maybe it But.
Speaker 2: I think it goes without saying that there's one of us that is super interested in hockey this year the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think it's I think a little surprising. Jim Kates is all in the Kates of all the teams.
Speaker 2: He loves these ducks.
Speaker 4: He's been a big duck guy.
Speaker 2: He loves these Ducks.
Speaker 4: And this goes back months.
Speaker 2: He's been trying to make it happen for quite some time now.
Speaker 3: Tonight it's a special night in the Kates household because I happen to know that Logan Everett, the young running back from Village Christian, is going to take out one of the Kates daughters to dinner or something so she'll be out of the house. And then Leslie Kates, the matriarch of the Kates family, gun Girl Gifts, is going to be out with some other moms in the area, maybe to the black Angus.
Speaker 10: Fingers, crossed Denim and diamonds.
Speaker 2: Ruby Gray, Kate's oldest is now married, living in Arizona with the name of a comic book character. And then the youngest Kates also has some kind of outing.
Speaker 10: She's going out with her friends involved in friendship.
Speaker 4: That means probably smoking cigarettes and drinking natty.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's no doubt. Well, a lot of days the kids vate. That leaves Tim Kates tonight, there's no he doesn't have to do Dodger talk, he doesn't have to do Dodgers clubhouse show. He doesn't have to hang around.
Speaker 10: Just a pregame till seven.
Speaker 2: That means.
Speaker 3: Game three. Yeah, it's all noted the game to win for the Ducks.
Speaker 2: Is there a local Burbank bar where somebody wouldn't brand now and we all know to know Tim does not have a lot of friends, Like, he doesn't have a guy he can call, Like I suppose he could call Ronnie?
Speaker 4: What about Jonas Knox? Didn't he give you a Christmas gift? He did? He did?
Speaker 10: Are all close here? I think Ronnie and Jonas are probably close.
Speaker 2: I have a relationship outside of this show, but Kate's Kate's doesn't really have like a friend to call and be like, hey, I'm really into these ducks tonight and we can be the part of this together. And we've kind of been chopping up where he might go or what he might do. There's not a lot of spots in the bank to watch the docks. Well, it's not like somebody's gonna like have the Laker game on. The Lakers aren't playing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but the Dodger game's going on.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, but what about just like a straight sports bar, Like don't you have a super Sports center? Ninety TVs on the way, either BW three or something like that.
Speaker 10: Barney's Beanery Toys.
Speaker 2: Have an idea, Jim, why don't you a lunch a call up to our good friend Adam Osland And perhaps I don't want to hang out.
Speaker 4: To Magnolia Orchid, right, down Magnolia.
Speaker 2: Why don't you want to hang out with Adam the former Tinhorn Flats?
Speaker 10: Well, it's Magnolia corner. Yes, I can get it. I can get behind that.
Speaker 2: Why don't you take Ronnie's advice?
Speaker 3: Well, the last time I went out with Adam, last time he went out with who Adam we hung out.
Speaker 10: He's got a nervous tick where he rips up and tears about that.
Speaker 2: But he got over that.
Speaker 10: I haven't been out with him since that was six years ago.
Speaker 2: Quit drinking, he got in shape, he bought a bunch of cats, and he no longer does that now. If he doesn't drink anymore, I don't know why you'd want to go hang.
Speaker 4: You know, he does drink, but he'll drink the the the beer that has no alcohol, so.
Speaker 2: He'll have us again. He stopped drinking drinking alcohol Adams out.
Speaker 4: What I would do, Kates is I would put on your best pair of acid washed jeans and hit up the now Voyager and just roll the dice and s here.
Speaker 2: They're not going to be watching Kate's Wants volume.
Speaker 10: That was a great reference, by the way, from that Voyager.
Speaker 3: I mean, hats off to you for now Woyarder reference TEP place was awesome.
Speaker 10: I wish it were still there.
Speaker 2: I want to go somewhere where you can hear the the the announcers talk, hockey, talk, puck. Am I wrong?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't want to just watch the barn where you can see and when the Duck score, I want to hear brow him in the background by Patty Wise. I want to look to my left, my right and high five other Duck fans.
Speaker 4: So I don't know if you're gonna find that in Burt. I don't know if you're gonna find it in Anaheim.
Speaker 3: I mean I don't have time to go down to the OC though, because I am on the air till seven.
Speaker 10: Here's top the Buck at six thirty.
Speaker 2: You should go to the Barney's. I think Barney's you can find some like minded dorks and get up on the bar and do the Gordon Bombay speach. Get everybody all lathered up, and Dodgers will be going and people will be like, isn't that the voice of the Dodger pregame show? And you can gee, damn right, it is. Wow them. Here is Kate's Live later denied at Barney's.
Speaker 9: But guys, I've been there. I know how you feel. I wanted to cream that jerk that busted my knee when I played in the miners, and I really really wanted to go after stancing for that cheap shot. But you know what, my knee will heal. And if I become someone I'm not, if I sink to their level, well then I've lost more than my knee.
Speaker 2: Do you understand? Oh? Here it comes Tim.
Speaker 9: We're not goons, We're not bullies. No matter what people say or do. We have to be ourselves.
Speaker 4: You who are you?
Speaker 2: Tell me?
Speaker 9: Dean portman from where?
Speaker 2: Chicago, Illinois?
Speaker 9: Your man from where? Palme, Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I'm a day productions from Minias, Minnesota. Who are you?
Speaker 3: Julie Gaffney from Bengaen Police, Mendoza, Miami, Florida.
Speaker 2: Greg Goldbrook phil a few Punsylvania, Minnesota. Goldberg had some drug problems, right Goldberg did?
Speaker 4: He did?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately I think he's cleaned them up now.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 10: Fulton Reed, who's coming up here in a second, is from Burbank, let's.
Speaker 2: Say it from in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota.
Speaker 10: Full Reed Stillwater, Minnesota. Are from Banks Tyler.
Speaker 9: South Central Los Angeles Charlie Conway, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Kenrew San Francisco, California, Kimer, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Adam Banks and Dining, Minnesota, Dwayne Robbins Austin, Texas.
Speaker 4: Mishelle McCain, Luth Minnesota.
Speaker 9: And I'm Gordon Bombay, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I go.
Speaker 9: Thirteen USA, gathered from all across America, and we're gonna stick together.
Speaker 2: You know why because we are ducks. Oh, haunts, and ducks fly together, that's right, yonh.
Speaker 9: And just when you think they're about to break apart, Ducks fly together when.
Speaker 3: The wind blows hard and the sky is black.
Speaker 2: Docks fly together when the wishes are crowing on the couch.
Speaker 10: There's been in circles in the past year.
Speaker 2: Ducks. You're lao okay, yes, I can see that happening tonight in tim party finger. Yeah. And my name is Rabul and I am frop a cooy Mine. Don't fly together.
Speaker 10: You're Latino, Hey, fool the Dodgers games on, move over?
Speaker 2: Oh come on, dude, this is gonna be a special mind. I want to reach out to our listeners in the in the in the mouth of the valley down here and say hey, hey, don't let Tim Kates do it alone. You guys gotta love the Ducks too. I mean, somebody's got to be into this, certainly not me or Matt.
Speaker 4: Don't we have a stick. Don't we have a hockey stick in the office. Take that with you and just start tapping it, you know.
Speaker 2: You going around tapping it round, tapping like you're gonna have a face off.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Let people know you got the fever. Man, I got the fever.
Speaker 2: I know what's going on in you guys want to fly together with me? Ducks flying together? I think I don't want.
Speaker 3: Tim to have to go about the Bejays that we used to go to there in Burbank. They got a bunch of TVs they do. It's that's an Iceland bar.
Speaker 4: Teams is going down, so they're going.
Speaker 8: That's where you're going.
Speaker 2: See you in the ice Pompey Team Iceland is tough, but we are a Team USA and we are going all the way. I don't know, Matt, I don't know. I just don't want Tim to be part of his own lonely Hearts club, you know, I think he deserves better. With all the Kate's girls out and about tonight, Look, here's a guy that loves the Ducks and he's got nothing. He's got nothing to show.
Speaker 4: I think everybody and I know what Kate's is going through right now because everyone has been there. Many sports fans that are listening right now that love great sports talk.
Speaker 10: Have gone to the bar great sports talk, and.
Speaker 4: Every TV is on the Dodger game, and you're that's You're that sap sitting at the end of the bar with the one thirty two inch little piddley a TV on the court.
Speaker 2: You put it on ESPNU. I went to Oklahoma State exactly.
Speaker 4: That's got the Okie State Kansas baseball game on and no idea, whatever, dude, we'll put it on. It's on the deuce. Here you go enjoy and everybody else is screaming with what's going on on the other TVs. And then all of a sudden, when it's quiet, you yelled. Something great happen.
Speaker 2: Place though, there has to be a Ducks play. I mean, we're in Los Angeles.
Speaker 10: Well not in Burbank.
Speaker 3: It's all King's territory, but they people up here hate the Ducks. My fallback is Phineas in downtown Burbank. Go there by yourself once. Thanks for bringing that up, Petros I did. I watched the national championship game on that Monday night by myself as we were off early the college football champion make any friends?
Speaker 10: No, I sat by myself and a little TC. Anybody didn't talk the waiter. Maybe that was it.
Speaker 3: And when the Oregon score excuse me, uh, Indiana scored. I looked around to high five some people. Nobody wanted to high five. Everybody was watching something else or just doing their own thing.
Speaker 2: Were watching Gray's Anatomy. I heard that's a big Gray's Anatomy.
Speaker 3: I mean Spurs Timberwolves is gonna be going on at the same time. Maybe that game is gonna be on the TV and there'll be no Ducks against the Golden Knights.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you feel bad about yourself if you just went home.
Speaker 10: I mean that's like the old fallback.
Speaker 4: I guess just pete a crack a crack a beer and you know, calling at night, call a pal to come over and watch it with you.
Speaker 10: Who am I going to call?
Speaker 2: That's where that's where we Yeah, we got no friends.
Speaker 3: If I had a pal, I'd go out with him. If you're about that What about that old woman who's lives you saved. I saw her, uh today, we honked, but that was about it. I think she's married happily.
Speaker 2: If you know what, though, if you were more tolerant of Armenians, I think you'd have more friends. And I think that's on you. You're right, you know, that's like being I'm moving to Atlanta, but I hate black people. It's like, okay, well, well.
Speaker 3: You're really kind of you know at bedcates not sleeping, you're eliminating a lot of the a lot of the fan base that you could be friends with.
Speaker 10: I mean, it is a little weird if I go out there.
Speaker 3: Did I to watch the game at a place in like UFC fightings on and like it stared down because I want to put the hockey game on.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be that guy exactly that asks to change a channel to something that very few people are interested in.
Speaker 2: Wat they're one hockey friendly bar in the whole mouth of the valley.
Speaker 10: There's Champs Sports Bar or by North Hollywoy.
Speaker 4: Yeah hit Champs go to Champs still have it on?
Speaker 10: Probably not?
Speaker 2: What about that all women's sports bar that's saying, Oh, we got one right up the street from me. Remember the women's sports bar that was Remember we did the commercial for Dodger Stadium right Silver Lake. Yeah, they just played chick games. But I'm sure you can.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like the Ducks. I mean, what are they going to put on, Kate, you got, like you said, the Spurs Timberwolves thing is on Prime video, so they got to have the Amazon Prime. I guess they probably do now with the Thursday Night football and all that. So yeah, I think you're right, that's gonna be on. The Dodger game is gonna be on? Is it the opening night of the WNBA tonight?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 10: Put that onto?
Speaker 2: Is it opening night tonight? It's night opening night?
Speaker 9: It is?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: Is it really?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 10: There's three games tonight, Sun, Liberty, Mystics, Tempo and UH.
Speaker 4: Are looking for hockey and they will kick you in the d Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd be mistreated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're all freaking out over Asia Wilson.
Speaker 2: They will make your score your scrow to my hat.
Speaker 3: I can always go to don Kuco's. I know my guy Hector will put the game on at least on one and then you'll chat with Hector. Yeah, that might be my guy, my team.
Speaker 2: I do not used to you being such a fan of the export of hockey.
Speaker 10: Well it's like soccer but on skates.
Speaker 2: I see it. No, yeah, it is very interesting. All right, we'll be back. We have a special guest today in studio. This guy Steve, that I met at beach side. Yeah, his girlfriend was working some beach life events and stuff, you know, movers and shakers and stuff. And Steve is a big listener. He listens every day.
Speaker 4: And I was like, thank you, Steve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on by Steve. So Steve bought me a hot dog, and I felt kind of bad because he's like a younger guy, and I was like, I shouldn't let like the younger guy buy me a hot dog, you know, like I'm like ten years older than this guy.
Speaker 4: I should have bought the hot dog. But these young guys make so much money. Well yeah, you know, and that's the thing, the content creator.
Speaker 2: We're going up the stairs, you know. And I knew Steve worked on some cartoon shows. You know, we love cartoons here, no doubt, like Rick and Morty and stuff like that. And I said, well, Steve, what what do you do over at Rick and Morty. He said, well, it's my show. I'm the executive producer.
Speaker 4: Oh well, then I'll take two more hot dogs and a beer, you dirty bastard.
Speaker 2: Oh and I was like, oh, here's what my job works. I'm a sports talk radio host.
Speaker 4: It's my show. Okay, I know that feeling. It's my show. Okay. And we've been on for twenty years. What are you want like?
Speaker 2: Season twenty's are we He's on season twelve of Rick and Morty. He's got his crap greatest shows ever Crapopolis on Fox.
Speaker 10: Oh god, Crapopolis.
Speaker 2: He does another Rick and Morty spin off.
Speaker 4: I think Billy z Ain did an episode of Crapopolis. We just had him in yesterday. He said, I also know billy's Ain.
Speaker 2: There you go, quite very impressive guy, Matt Steve's incredibly he brought us some Rick and Morty stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm jealous. I'm not in the studio today. That's what I get for staying.
Speaker 2: I'll tweet out a picture of him with your with your Rick and Morty skateboard deck.
Speaker 4: Oh heck yeah, I'm a I'll eat the s out of that thing.
Speaker 2: But a very h a very powerful mover and Shaker works right down the hall and uh and by hall, I mean all of the street at the wall at the Warner Brothers studio.
Speaker 4: Oh, we can walk there. We used to go to the Captain a.
Speaker 2: Bit of a solar plexus Ponchos like, so what do you do? You know you work a storyboard?
Speaker 4: Just what are you taking?
Speaker 2: A video?
Speaker 4: A YouTube?
Speaker 2: Can? We'll be back with Donoy. God damn, I don't even produce this show. We'll be back with Tom mclar deck. This is Petro.
Speaker 4: Send money on to Man Demandmandman Well, big breaking Dodger news and we'll del deeply next hour with Dave Bassey. Blake Snell scratched from his Tower Buzzer start tomorrow. Instead, he will make his Dodger debut on the twenty twenty six campaign tomorrow against the Braves. Braves tied for the best record in the NL with the White Hot Cubs and they are in town for three Chris Sale tonight against them at Chan that is set tomorrow. It looks like it's gonna be Blake Snell, So Dave, we'll get into that when he joins us in about an hour. And remember that means we are going until six tonight when Dodgers on Deck will start.
Speaker 3: You know, it is hard to watch those NBA games, whether you're written for the Lakers or you're rooting for Oka. See just Lebron and Sega both laying on the ground, convulsing like they're having a seizure, like they're actually hurt, wasting time while the refs decide a flagrant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, chet, Holmgren had a bad one last night too. I mean it was like you took a freaking breadth the hitman heart shopped to the neck.
Speaker 2: Lebron's laying there holding his wrists.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I show the replay. It's like, you know they're going to show the replay, right, and he's watching the replay like, I hope I landed on that arm and not the other armors.
Speaker 3: I'm holding this ridicular Like when did it could become like soccer? Like when did it become like a yeah to lay there, Vadi?
Speaker 4: I mean, think about it. It was like Vade was one of the Vade you know, was the first euro sort of big man.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess Smit's was there already, but you know, Petrovitch played his balls off. He was tough, as name Petrovitch. Yeah, I mean he was a badass, but Vlade was kind of the guy, and it's it started with him and it worked, and all these freaking people start to think about it.
Speaker 3: There's not even is there a euro on the freaking okc is dort No, well, I.
Speaker 4: Mean there's a Canadian Shay Gilgis Alexander. Yeah, that's the buzzy headed foreigner.
Speaker 2: Felt like a referee Jubi Lee last night. There's no doubt about that. And joining us to discuss it is no want and only Don McLay. He is the leading scorer in the history of u c l A N the PAC twelve. He works at c AA, Big ten Network, Pack twelve Network, FS one and Big Fox. The next ass he kisses will be the first. And now that we're in the NBA playoffs and there's all kinds of officiating talking back, it is Don McClain on the Petroso Money Show on AMPHI seventy LA Sports, on your Southern California Toyota Dealers, Celebrity Hotline, the Baron of Bucks Kenyon, what's cracking down?
Speaker 8: How are you hey? Sorry for the tardiness. We're transitioning into the combine starting tomorrow, so we're trying to get organized and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, I had someone here. I had hot basketball takes to fill the time. Don don't you worry about that. It's great sports talk right earlier, great sports, don't I said, I didn't like the referee jubilee. I don't like everybody lays there writhing around like they're dying, like soccer, and the referees go over to the thing. I want to watch a basketball game. I don't want to watch this. I was annoyed with the bogged down nature of the game last watching replay, tired of lies.
Speaker 8: Well that that is a thing, by the way, and even in college, and they've tried to clean it up. But these you know, and look, there's some referees that are better than others, but they get tricked by these players with the body gyrations when there's any contact, and they act to the contact and they call a foul when it's really not a foul. There's an art to selling fouls, and some guys are really good at it, and they get to the foul line more than others. And you know, I was reading this morning about what Lebron said and what JJ Reddick said, and it's true, like Lebron you know, really doesn't flop. He's been so powerful and so explosive and so strong that he's never had to do that. But he's probably along the way in the last twenty whatever years, has left a lot of free throws, you know, not gotten a lot of free throws because he doesn't do it. And there's guys that live on that stuff. So it's hard. Refereeing is a hard job. I get it, but it's just it is hard to watch. And I agree with you, Pete, like I hate watching guys sell fouls and get to the foul line when it's really not a foul.
Speaker 4: Do you think I know you said you heard what they had to say. Do you think they have a case that last night? I mean, the and one was obvious. You know how they didn't call that continuation for Lebron was wild. I don't get that. And why the other two officials can't overrule the guy that made the bad call in the moment. But do you think the Thunder got a lot more goes twenty six to twenty one in free throws? Do you think they're getting more calls this series? And do you think they have a legitimate gripe.
Speaker 8: I think they have a grive math, but I think every team could have a gripe, you know, in not getting calls or getting calls, or they have a couple guys on their team that sell fouls more so they get more calls. But let's be honest with no Jalen Williams, the Lakers aren't winning this series. So whether you have a gripe about the playoffs or about the officiating or not, they're not winning the series. So even if the officiating completely flipped in their favor, they're still not going to win the series. I mean, they lost both games by eighteen points. That's not they need. Had been different, we would have won. There's there's no chance.
Speaker 2: The one and only Don McClain is our guest. He knows what's going on in the world of basketball. Even with that end one, perhaps the Lakers would not have won last night. Uh, they would have covered and perhaps maybe who knows, the great Don McClain.
Speaker 8: Right, right, you know what, that wouldn't be more important to some.
Speaker 2: That's right, Matt. Matt was talking about it just a second ago with shake Gil just Alexander. But what how would you define like him as a player? What I mean, obviously he's a great player. He's got great body control. It looks like he could open his mouth wide enough to swallow our our twenty five year old television here in the in the studio. But what like, how would you define him as a player? What's he like? He's not like James Harden.
Speaker 4: What does he do?
Speaker 8: He really understands angles, he really understands defenses. His IQ has gotten so much better over the years. Like, I really liked him out of Kentucky. When I saw him at Kentucky, I'm like, that guy's going to be a really good pro. I never thought he'd be an MVP, but I knew that he would be really good the size. He's always played at his own pace, and that's important. A lot of guys get sped up, a lot of guys get physical, and they can't deal with it. He has an answer for anything that the defense has. And what he really understands is if I can get to my spot, I'm going to score. There's so many guys that really and we talk a lot about that this time of year with the guys I have that it takes a while to really understand, just get to a spot. If I get there, there's a very good chance I'm going to make that shot. And he doesn't care about highlight plays, he doesn't care about getting to the rim, he doesn't care about threes. He'll take all the twos you'll give him, and he just lives off that. And it's very unique and it's very unusual for a player to not come But just understand that that I can get thirty without shooting a lot of threes, when everybody nowadays thinks I got to shoot a lot of threes if I'm gonna get thirty.
Speaker 4: Don are you? Like I get it's different for you than for maybe the typical fan, like someone like me that just likes watching basketball. Never thought I would really kind of cheer on a Spurs team, you know, I think about the the era of load management, and of course they were rivals of the Lakers for quite a while there. But it seems very easy to like this team. And I don't know if that's Webbin Yama or if it's just how young they are with Castle and the rest of this roster. Would you agree with that, Like, is there something about this Spurs team that you see when you watch them. That just makes them incredibly likable.
Speaker 8: Well, for years, Matt and everyone talks about the Heat culture because it's I guess more in vogue, but there's been a Spurs culture for longer than the Heat culture. And there's stories for years about how Tony Parker and Jenobili and Duncan like, they don't miss practice. They don't they didn't like, oh my knees hurting today, I'm not going to go. No. Pop was like, we're practicing and we're going to develop this way of we are playing. We're available. If you really can't go, you don't go. And I think it's still there because women, ya ma ain't load managing. If you say that to him, he'll tell you to half off. And so I think that's still a thing in San Antonio that they built that that level of competitive spirit. I guess that we don't sit even in practice, and I think it's carried over to these young guys. So yeah, I think in this day and age of everyone not complaining, but I guess complaining about guys taking time off and load management. I can't play back to backs like the Spurs aren't about that, And I think a lot of people, not just me that's in the game, even just a regular fan I think, really appreciates that in this climate they were in.
Speaker 4: So you got that Spurs team and like we said, just stupid how young they are and how good they are, and maybe that's the one team that can knock off the Thunder. But with with Castle and Vissel and wembin Yam and all these dudes that are in their early twenties, and then you look at the Thunder and it just seemed to it doesn't matter where they picked their guys, you know, whether it's Mitchell and the second round or whatever, like, it just feels like these two teams are going to dominate this conference forever. And that then leads me to look at the Clippers and Lakers and go, what the hell can they do to try to put a dent into those two rosters?
Speaker 8: And oh, by the way, the Thunder might get a top five pick again after probably winning an NBA championship again this year. I mean seriously, so yeah, like they did it the right way, you know, and everything starts at the top. You guys, know that in any sport, any professional sport, college sport, if you got great leadership and people that understand that Sam Presty's the best in the game. He is. He just he gets it. He understands the cap, he understands it all player evaluation, and like Jalen Williams, the one that's hurt right now. There was a story I heard last week about how because we were talking about our guys playing five on five at the Combine or not, and apparently Jalen Williams, you know, from Santa Clara, he was projected as like a late first rounder, decided to play five on five at the Combine and killed it. And I think that year the Thunder had like twelve and like twenty four something like that, and they were planning on taking him at twenty four, but because he played so well, they had to take him at twelve. Well, it doesn't matter. The guy's an All Star. So my point is that Presty really understands player of evaluation and that's why they're probably going to dominate for a long time.
Speaker 2: Are you going to go to Chicago? Don?
Speaker 8: I am, I'm leaving Monday, fortunately or unfortunately.
Speaker 2: I'm going Chicago, had Don. What are you gonna do out there?
Speaker 3: Don?
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't just basketball it up the whole time. I mean, what are you gonna do? You take a boat ride, go to a museum, eat a beef sandwich, beef.
Speaker 8: Oh, I will go to Gibson's because that's one of my favorite spots in the country. I will go there one night.
Speaker 2: Some good people watching the bar.
Speaker 4: There got some good people watching in the bar.
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 4: It gives it's done, that's for certain.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're gonna be watching me.
Speaker 2: Watch me eat this steak.
Speaker 4: Good damn it. Good wine list at the Gibsons there done.
Speaker 2: That's one of the best.
Speaker 8: Did you Oh yeah, don't believe it.
Speaker 3: Could I see your I p a list as well. Thank you, I thank you Don. Nice shot to pop.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Don have a great night, Don McClain and everybody. Did he say the Lakers are gonna get swept? Is that what he said? He said?
Speaker 4: Well, I think you just kind of said it's it's impossible for them to win.
Speaker 2: So I guess that would mean that they're gonna get swept.
Speaker 4: You know, Luca gets some sort of magical vape and it heals his hammy. Oh it makes a cotton candy and nutmeg in that vape and all of a sudden MOHAMMI feels great. Then maybe they got a shot.
Speaker 2: Okay, special vape and maybe Chet Holmgren will get hurt. The Matt Smith the combo. More to come, Petro somebody Frogman Friday. Colin Yees back of the building is very excited to be back, very sad. He'd been off a week. Guy does a show in Vegas and it knocks him out for a whole week. Too much sin what a weenie? Come on more, Petros some money.
Speaker 1: Neck Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 2: This is Petros Money on Demand.
Speaker 10: Reminder.
Speaker 4: You got a chance to win a thousand bucks every single hour between nine am and five pm every weekday here on AM five seven e LA Sports. We call it Bonus Bucks and it's brought to you by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. They got offices in Los Angeles called.
Speaker 2: Sweet Jamesnmweet James dot com.
Speaker 4: You're exit in attorney, and they got a sinister goate gentleman on these billboards now sharing the spotlight with Sweet James.
Speaker 2: All Right, we have some text Alsa. You know who's here, Colin ye No. Steve left from Rick and Morty. Steve the Rick and Morty guy. Yeah, do you lack Rick and Morty?
Speaker 3: Colin?
Speaker 2: There's a whole bag of Rick and Morty stuff. But Colin, yee, he is here, our our Chinese Japanese American friend who is the uh not quite ringside show with Sammy Long on Saturdays here on the station and one show in Las Vegas. Literally knocked the young man out for a whole five days of sports talk radio and he's just now coming back in acting like he did something. How are you doing? Call him? Wait? Wait, is Mike's not on? Of course? Is it on?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Not the right one?
Speaker 2: No, no one, there you go.
Speaker 4: Now you're on it.
Speaker 2: Now you're on?
Speaker 4: Wait Nope. I feel like I went on to day Bender.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, he went pretty hard out there. Yeah, you know the thing that you dip your jaw and any any alcoholic beverages or anything.
Speaker 11: I didn't go hard at all. Now, I did pull one all nighter, which was probably didn't sleep. There was a huge Japanese fight that I'm like, hey, we're a boxing can.
Speaker 4: A pool street fight like fight club. I'm going to a basement like Japanese fighter.
Speaker 2: You and Sammy Long walking in Double Dragon.
Speaker 11: No, there was a super fight, the biggest fight in Japanese history between pound for pound superstar. Now ya, the Monster in no way not the same as al monstro No, okay, but both very similar in their vicious knockout power. Monstrous and djunto Big Bang Nakatani who fights out here in southern California.
Speaker 2: What they did? Did that fight at four in the morning or something? It was at four in the morning. You gotta be kidding me. I'm right.
Speaker 11: Tokyo Dome fifty five thousand, the biggest, the fourth biggest gate in boxing history.
Speaker 2: So you stayed up to watch that I did. And so I was doing my.
Speaker 11: Dodger logs remotely what time we talking. It's probably started those dodger logs.
Speaker 4: Around midnight, okay.
Speaker 11: So I was kind of winding down with the idea that, okay, I'm gonna try and pull an all nighter. And I probably finished the dodge alongs around one thirty two, and.
Speaker 2: Then a very Ronnie Fossil like story.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and then I was like, well, there's nothing else to do, might as well turn on the undercard. The undercart started at two forty and look what it did to your hell.
Speaker 2: It messed me out.
Speaker 4: You blame that. You don't think you were like you weren't running a craps table. And it was touching the dice and then eating some pretzels and putting all those germs in your mouth.
Speaker 2: It was the dice to the pretzels. Yes, what does that ever happen?
Speaker 11: Was that it colin crafts tables. I stayed away from the alcohol. I tried to get to bed all the other days relatively early.
Speaker 2: But you stay up all night one night, it screws up your health.
Speaker 6: It didne brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 2: We make it easy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Tim Kates is looking to get out tonight and see the ducks. Did you hear about that? I told him he could stay here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's not fun. You don't serve our food. Well, he could order like Chipotle or something.
Speaker 2: You when he's drinking his I pa and I went to Vegas. I didn't drink it all.
Speaker 11: I wouldn't judge him at all. He could have as much booze here as he was. Tell Tim that I'll be watching the ducks in my living room in Claremont. He's welcome to come over and I will be bouncing back and forth to the Dodgers. That sounds like a good offer, Tim, but Claremont is it's not as far as Montclair.
Speaker 10: Send me the guy's number. Maybe I'll take him up on it.
Speaker 4: It'll only take you three hours to get there. Maybe for the ninth inning. Yeah, ninth inning, in the very end of the third period. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: Heated rivalry really has Kate's juices going. Yeah, Kates has a bone daddy for some sweaty dudes and pads. That's why Kate's loves the Ducks, right, Kate's that's right. You got me pretty excited about those ducks. Can you name one player on that team?
Speaker 10: H Carlson with two s's carl Carlson Carlton with two asses?
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, Pee, I'm in too, Luca Lake, I'll have Kates over give him my text Tole. So just tell a cheap ass to bring beers. I'm not a low price hole. Looks like that guy will he will let you come over and violate his polo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that maybe it's a chick.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a dude tells coke head Kates, I got him a boys' night out, Bindle Don Cucko's top of the toilet seat.
Speaker 2: We'll do lines together. It's me one line, Jerry.
Speaker 8: Nice.
Speaker 2: If Tim well, this is true, If Tim Kates was less racist, he'd have more friends. But I think that goes for all of us.
Speaker 4: Speak for yourselves. I wouldn't have friends even if I wasn't racist. Everybody hates me.
Speaker 1: Well, they're talking, in fact, no, I'm ass talk back on talkbacks.
Speaker 2: A response, you moron, Kates, this is King's country. Take your sharks and your ducks and shove them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kate's, you ain't gonna have no friends at that.
Speaker 3: Bar Kate's put out the only Kate's care signal to Barney's Magnolia, Finney's, Don Cucko's or wherever, and trust that the petress and money white.
Speaker 2: Boy whack pack will show up for you. Ducks fly together.
Speaker 10: The white boy whack pack.
Speaker 3: But you have to tell people where you're going, and the whack pack can't find you. The whack pack is looking for you too. I'm listening to you idiots right now, and I'm going to the ducks game. Yeah you're going. Kate's is more than welcome to join. Na Kates the lamp let's go send me dog.
Speaker 2: He's got to do the premam show. I'm feeling sick.
Speaker 4: I might have.
Speaker 2: Stayed up all night watching monstrol. I was watching the Japanese fight all night. You know what, Jim, I'll be at MacArthur Park watching the ducks come on down, coke head.
Speaker 3: Kates, that park's wide open now, it worts wide open. Now you seem upset, Colin, what's the matter you upset?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 11: No, I mean it's just Tim. I mean I can't get a lot of texts from Tim Kates a wally pimp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know you miss You know you're gonna get us all sick. How many years did you work every single Dodger game? Maybe like four of the last five years, good amount of them. Yeah, like the first year you do one show in Vegas and you miss a whole week, Like you're gonna get You're gonna get your priorities. Yeah, you're gonna get battered.
Speaker 3: No, I have missed on certain case. You think I've missed on a couple of few years. A wedding and a funeral, Yeah, stuff like that. You know what he didn't miss is when he had one hundred and five fever and actually had COVID and he still came in.
Speaker 2: And Tim was in the same studio. Yeah, great, excellent.
Speaker 11: Well at least this time I thought, what about you guys, I said, I don't want to get anyone sick.
Speaker 2: You know who's really upset about people getting sick is Brian Long. Oh really? Yeah, he didn't like what you were bringing in here. Oh no, yeah, he said it came from China.
Speaker 10: He called education here.
Speaker 4: No, it didn't come from China, Pe, it came from Japan TV. He was watching that Japan broadcast. He was not a TV.
Speaker 2: He's very he's a bit of a He's like Colin's going to kill us all He's trying to wipe us all out. That is what he said. That's what he said to me, Like you just came off that hand to vary his chip. Are you gonna be able to get through the night calling? You're gonna be all right?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Nice and easy. I'm I'm juiced up, I'm ready. Yeah. I slept all Yeah, you got fresh legs off a week. Yeah, I was sleeping all days. Thanks a lot for coming back to the running back room. We've been covering all your reps our legs are tired. My legs are tired, and new le over there is here. Thank you. Great to see.
Speaker 4: Good to see you.
Speaker 2: Fellas ducks fly together tonight. Good luck.
Speaker 4: Some more poison in your body, dude, that's a completely unaccepted.
Speaker 2: Your body's too pure. Yeah, that's why you can't handle anything.
Speaker 3: Eat some cheese sticks and drink some whiskey. Go swim in the sewer with Matt. It's right, Come on down. We'll get y'all square. You'll be down for about a month and a half. Dead and Alive is the last segment of the show Word Number. Song of the Day is next.