Speaker 1: This is Bengals Line on the Bengals Radio Network.
Speaker 2: Pay Corps.
Speaker 1: Pay Corp is pround to be the official HR software provider of US Cincinnati Bengals. Kettering ow best Care for the best Fans. Kettering el official healthcare provider of US Cincinnati Bengals. This is seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get it going on this Monday night. If it's Monday, it's three hours of Bengals conversation on the show we call Bengals Line. I'm Alliance Pacallister. He is Dave Blackham. We've always got stuff to sort through. We'll look back at yesterday, we'll look ahead of this weekend as well. And David early deficit ballooned a little bit bigger, but then a spark a glimmer and a rally falls short, ultimately for a third consecutive loss. And work to do right now, no doubt, work to do. You know.
Speaker 2: They just start out so slow, man. They just don't come out of the lock room ready to go. There's not the energy of the enthusiasm. You know, it's just lacking. They're gonna have to find it. They're gonna have to light a fire somewhere, somehow, at some point in the locker room and come out more ready to play. I mean they fell behind fourteen to nothing, fourteen to three, twenty one to three, twenty eight to three at the end of the third quarter. I mean, at that point in time, it's like Katie bar the door. In a lot of cases in the National Football League, and particularly against the team as good as the Detroit Lions, you know you're in trouble. I mean, if you're expecting to have a twenty five twenty six point to win come back against the Detroit Lions, you're sadly mistaken. It's just not gonna happen. Their head coach, Dan Campbell's not gonna allow it to happen. Their coordinators aren't, their coaches aren't, and the players aren't. So you know, they finish, man, they do. They finish every single play. They take every step seriously. They want to be good. They want to be the best in the National Football League. They want to win a Super Bowl for the city of Detroit. It's one of the great football cities, no question about that, in the National Football League. And their fans are loud and proud and they traveled. Yes, they showed up. There was a lot of Detroit Lion blue in those stands.
Speaker 3: Man thirty seven to twenty four the final. Here's instant reaction after the game from the coach.
Speaker 2: With Dave so sum it up. I mean, what what did you see that you liked? What what did you see that you didn't.
Speaker 4: The first half after the first drive really bowed up. You know, they gave up seven points on a really short field after turnover. They gave us what we needed in the first half to be able to contend to win this game. And offense, so we finally seeing drives, protect the football, get points on the board, relieve the pressure off the defense. So possession and so just again, that's when you play complimentary football. Great teams do that. We didn't do good enough job on offense. That starts with me. I'm the head coach. I called the plays on offense. I find a better rhythm for us to be able to help our entire football team.
Speaker 2: So in the third quarter, though you put twenty one points on the board, I mean, third quarter looked like the offense was operating pretty high efficiency level. What was the difference their coach that's the football.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: We overs that shortens some drives for us. Two of them willed directly to points for them, you know, for fields, and so we we are not going to be able to operate that way if we lose the turno bat all the way we did, and so we got to do a better job protecting the football on offense. We got to win field position. There's too many opportunities in the kicking game that we're losing some hidden yards there that we got to do a better job of and reward the defense for being able to bow up and get some stops and give them some confidence that hey, when you do that, the offense is going to go score some points. We're gonna suprint some pressure on the other team. And that all starts and ends with me. I got to do a much better job getting our guys ready on offense score some points early in the game.
Speaker 2: Coach talk the keys of the game is something I do every week, and I talk about the three t's. Where the keys of the game this week and was turnovers, third down, in time of possession, all three of them equally important. I think against an opponent like this, would you agree I would I would and uh, it starts with turnovers. You know, in a game like this, you have to win the turnovers and also and those like they are and today, obviously we didn't do good enough. What do you think about how your defense did play, and particularly you know in the first half when when they when they were needed, they bowed up pretty well. It seemed like they played pretty hard on a down by down, step by snap basis.
Speaker 4: I mean, you look, and it's gonna say thirty seven points or how many points to sport, and fourteen of them came off incredibly short fields. Two of them came off of safety. So there's sixteen points defense right there, and and them to three touchdowns against a really dynamic offense that's that's played at a high level for a couple of years. Now, they're they're hitting their stride. They've put some teams. I thought our defense they fought, they fought, and we got to find a way to get more turnovers. But they stepped up in some big moments and they gave us a chance to hang in the game to where we could get those late touchdowns and feel like we were threatening and make tighten up a little bit and being onsite take away from really feeling like we got a shot here and again just too little, too late from the offense.
Speaker 2: And finally, coach, you're you're a reputation for being taking care of of your players, you know, not beating them up, not taking a whip and you know, whipping their backsides and all that sort of thing. And they respond to that. They love you. I mean, players will go through hell and a gasoline suit for you. Where did that come from?
Speaker 4: Giving these guys and be at their best. I want them to have confidence and there's so much to that that I see within this group. The character is unquestioned on this football team. And that's why I believe two and three with with with twelve games left, that at the end of the day, this team is going to be right in the thick of it. This team is going to be in contention because of the men in the locker room, the men on the coaching staff. We're gonna stick together and we're going to find a way to get this thing done and give that read. They give a stadium a reason to be full again cheering for us.
Speaker 6: And I get it.
Speaker 4: I know where we're at right now. I understand it. I don't blame anybody for that. It's on us win some football games and get that place rocking to where we've all seen it. And I'm extremely confident. I can't wait till the end of the season when that thing is rocking again. But we got to put some wins together to make sure that the fancy that.
Speaker 2: Twelve games left. I agree with you, the season is far from over. I think this football team is going to turn it around and turn it around pretty quickly. And that's the key. Can't waste many more games, coach, got to get a turnaround right now, right.
Speaker 4: That's right. Yeah, two and three is not where we expected to be. We got to pick it up quickly. Thanks very much, treat time as always, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Thirty seven to twenty four of the final and day we alluded to off the top of the slow starts. That's three points in the first half of each of the last three games. It is awfully difficult. And couple that with the defense allowing opening drive touchdowns in for the last five games. That's behind the eight ball from the jump, and that just changes everything, it does.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean, if you fall behind after the first possession at any level of football, pee wee you know, high school, college or the National Football League's difficult. It's difficult, and you know you have to have a lot of intestinal fortitude to come back and for it to happen three weeks in a row. I mean, man, that's a that's a habit that you don't want to fall into. You got to break that habit. You got to break it quickly, There's no question about it. Now, Now you look to the leadership on the football team and who's going to step up. Who's going to be the one to say, all right, enough's enough, guys. You know, let's let's let's put this to bed. If we don't wake up soon, the season is going to be over, you know, and we're going to be like what happened? And you don't want to be in that situation questioning yourself at the end of the season that I do enough? Did I make necessary adjustments in a timely fashion? So they've got work to do, there's no question about it, and they can't be basketful about it.
Speaker 3: After a string of nineteen straight possessions without a touchdown, they string together touchdowns on three consecutive drives. Made it interesting? Did it? Did it provide a spark, a glimmer, something that can be hold forward with this football team.
Speaker 2: You know, I think I think it would with uh, if I'm quarterback, and if I'm Jake Browning at the quarterback position, three consecutive drives end up in touchdowns. I think that it gives him a shot in the arm, you know, a boost of confidence that he can do it. He's done it before. It's not it's not like this is a you know, new and uh, indifferent for Jake Browning. He knows exactly what he's getting into. He knew what he was getting into when he first took over for Joe Burrow due to the injury. And his team is leaning on him, boy, I mean they trust him, they respect him, and they're leaning on him big time. And and he's, uh, he desperately wants to step up and play well and and play to the satisfaction of his teammates and coaches and everybody involved. It just has not clicked yet for him. He's just not in any kind of a good rhythm. His rhythm and timing seems you know, forced, it's just not fluid. It's not it's not happening in a free flow for him.
Speaker 3: And all things considered, and we'll talk more about the defense at length as the show goes on, but all things considered, opposition deficit early, the defense hung in and gave them a chance. They did.
Speaker 2: I thought the defense showed a lot of character. I thought they showed, you know, uh, a desire to win, and and I thought they played well enough to win. I mean, the offense just for uh, you know, one quarter that's not gonna cut it. You know, that's not well enough to win, playing well enough to win. But defensively, you know, for the most part, I mean, they've been okay, they really have. I don't think they've been dominant. They haven't been like a Super Bowl winning defensive unit or anything like that. They have not you know, pitch shoutouts or one score games allowed or anything of that sort. But I think they've probably won more possessions than they've lost. It might be pretty close, but I think they're they're hanging in there and they're battling.
Speaker 3: We are up and running on this Monday night. We've got a lot of ground to cover. You'll hear from Jake Browning, you'll hear from Trey Hendrickson in this hour Yoshi and so much more, or as we make our way through on Bengals Side on the Bengals Radio Network and seven hundred WLW. Hey, We're back on Bengals Line on this Monday night on the Bengals Radio Network at seven hundred WLW on Lance Pacallister alongside as always, Dave Lepham and.
Speaker 2: Lance shopped the Bengals Pro Shop, a fanatics experience at the North Plaza level of pay Court Stadium or online at shop dot Bengals dot com.
Speaker 3: Jake Browning yesterday twenty six of forty two hundred and fifty one yards, sacked, a couple of times, three interceptions, three touchdowns, quarterback rating of seventy one point six. Here's Jake after the game.
Speaker 7: I did not play well enough to win the game, and people on our team that.
Speaker 8: Did play winning football and I didn't.
Speaker 7: You know, it's the three interceptions that put our defense in a tough spot, with our whole team in an awful spot. And so you know, I don't have an answer right away, but obviously need to find a way to take care of the football better and you know, start fast or make better decisions because we're putting our team and these brutal situations due to bad decision making, and so I get to figure it out and try.
Speaker 3: And maybe force plays or you misreading based on you know it's right after the game, But how.
Speaker 7: Would you think most of mine are trying to force plays?
Speaker 8: You know, frustration.
Speaker 7: I wanted to push the ball on the field, and you know, I got to pick my spots better through three picks that were just bad and there's no hiding from that.
Speaker 8: It's just it was bad football for me.
Speaker 9: Can you through the first one?
Speaker 8: Yeah? The first one was.
Speaker 7: Like Jamar had the guy outside leverage on him, so I tried to throw it inside to where his leverage would be and then Jamar beat his leverage, guy undercut it and got the pick. Bad decision, bad ball placement.
Speaker 8: Is there a specific theme it comes to the turnovers?
Speaker 10: Like is there a similar mistake that you're seeing that's happening.
Speaker 7: I'm just being trying to force stuff and it's you know, I think that's just, yeah, trying to force things that aren't there and as a result, just completely screwing over you know, the team, and it hurts.
Speaker 8: There's no way to hide from it. It hurts, and.
Speaker 7: You know I did not play well enough to give our chance a team to win, and it's just brutal.
Speaker 11: When Zach came in here, he took a lot of put Jake in a better position, better position. That's just what you what is it?
Speaker 8: And I don't I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: I haven't spoken with him, but you know, there's no that's that's on me. And you know, I appreciate him saying that, and but I need to play better and there's literally no hiding from that.
Speaker 8: And I don't care.
Speaker 7: If every person on the team says they need to play better, like it starts with me playing better at the quarterback position and not putting our team in difficult situations. And there's no hiding from that. And so that's that is what it is. I mean, I appreciate him saying that, but it's it's not on him.
Speaker 8: It's not me. I need to stop throwing interceptions.
Speaker 6: Where you're at, do.
Speaker 12: You feel like you need to kind of get back and prove again that is your job.
Speaker 8: That's a that's a xact question.
Speaker 7: I mean for me, all I can do is respond and and try to just work as hard as I can during the week to put myself in a position to help this team win games and avoid these disastrous plays. And so you know, that's that's my focus is just how much time can I spend on tasks this week to just double down and try and improve and help, you know, help the team by not but just making better decisions and not putting the team in.
Speaker 8: A difficult situation.
Speaker 7: In the fourth quarter, I mean, I think I got into a rhythm and played better and in the after I mean really after the third pick.
Speaker 8: But I mean, you took three picks in the NFL, you're gonna lose.
Speaker 7: Like there's no I'm sure there's some outliers and we've had an outlier this year, but I need, I need to take care of the ball better. And yeah, I mean gone to rhythm later in the game that you know, kind of made it seem like it was closer than it was.
Speaker 8: But I played I played off all the day.
Speaker 7: I did not play well and I needed and I need to play better. Yeah, I went to extend, so I'm running across the field, and uh, we gave him a chance and on the side mine try to just put it somewhere where only he could get to it. And uh, yeah, I haven't seen the throw, but it was good to score points. We need to stop throwing turnovers. Yeah, I mean I appreciate the uh, the lay up trying to talk about a good throw, but I didn't have enough good throws today and that's why we lost. I think it was just getting too aggressive and not just taking what they give me. And I think some of that's just you know, you get frustrated on scoring points and then you press. Then he fell three picks and you know, that's why we lost the game.
Speaker 6: How much of this.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think there's a decent amount of it.
Speaker 7: That's just I need to, you know, know when the opportunities are to push the ball on the field and know when they're not there and just check it down and be okay with that. And you know, I think a large majority of it is is mental. I mean, so it's playing quarterback in general. You know, I think everybody at this level can throw well. And you know, so, I mean the whole thing comes down to decision making. Whether you know you're good games, you make good decisions, your bag games, you made bad decisions. I made some bad decisions today, and that is I mean, like I said, as nine from it.
Speaker 3: Jake Browning after the game. We've got more of a breakdown of Jake's performance yesterday and going forward a little bit later on. Later on in our second hour, you'll hear from Jamar Chase and Geno Stone. Also Chase brown still ahead. In this hour, we'll go offense defense. Yoh checks in, Trey Hendrickson checks in, We'll get an update on injuries and so much more. Thanks for being here with us on a Monday night, piecing it all together from a lost yesterday to the Lions and looking ahead to those Green Bay Packers come this Sunday at lambeau Field, Oh Boy. Bengals Line on the Bengals Radio Network and seven hundred WLW. We continue on to this Monday night of Bengals Line and the Bengals Radio Network in seven hunderd WLW, Lance but Catlister Dave Lapham. Bengals fall to the Lions yesterday thirty seven, twenty four defensively, certainly things to point out and sort through through the evening, including Trey Hendrickson's day two sacks yesterday, a strip sack in a fumble. Let's hear from Trey with Dave.
Speaker 2: So how about that try a couple of sacks. I know, you're a football player that cares about his football team and you're a team player, and everything goes along with that part of things. But you did get two more sacks. I mean, you're you're sitting You're averaging over a sack a game at this point in the season. Is that right about where your goals are?
Speaker 13: Goals are to win the games, right, And there's a lot to correct on film, and you know, it's just one of those things. We have a resilient group. We're still finding that team identity. There's a lot to be proud of on defense, and there's a lot we need to correct on defense.
Speaker 2: So you know, keep chopping wood, it'll break.
Speaker 13: You know, it's a National Football League. Hard work works. I'm a firm believer in that.
Speaker 2: And you know, all glory to my.
Speaker 13: Lord and Savor Jesus Christ. Without him, I would be nothing. And you know, my wife's done a tremendous job of helping me get ready on Sundays, you know, or Mondays or whatever whatever day we play, you know, So anything that's good on the field is to God's glory, and you know, my wife is God's gift.
Speaker 2: So it's a grind the National Football League, There's no doubt about it. I mean, week after week you're playing against the best players that are in the world. Playing in the National Football League. Not an easy chest, not an easy task, not an easy chore. What do you do to take care of yourself? I mean you keep yourself an unbelievable condition. What do you do to take care of yourself? What's your diet like, what's your workout like?
Speaker 13: Well, you know, I'm very thankful to have a good group around me. You know, Joey, our strain coach, keeps this team in great tiptop shape. He did a great job with Jamar last year and me this year, and you know the rest of the team as well. And you know, I've Sam Hubbard's done a great job of leading by example in that way you know, diet, Like you said, he has a lot of connections and and obviously with taking care of your body off the field as well.
Speaker 2: It was a good example of that.
Speaker 13: So credit to him and a guy back in New Orleans, Thomas Morstead. He was a leader, you know, and uh led by example of how to keep.
Speaker 2: Your body at tiptop shape.
Speaker 13: So it's a blessing to say that that I am.
Speaker 2: You're a captain of this football team. You're an unquestioned leader of this football team. Guys looked to you to make plays, Guys look to you for leadership, for counseling, whether it be on the field, off the field, Bible study, whatever the case may be. How do you How do you like that role? I mean, is it something that that you appreciate and you you you want to do everything you possibly can to be the best you can be.
Speaker 13: Right, well, it's a tremendous blessing and and you know something God wanted me to do. That's that's one of the steps in the journey is to bring the guys along with me. You know, I've done a good job of taking care of my business, but that's not necessarily what it takes. You know, we missed the playoffs over the last two years. You know that's that's not where we want to be. So that responsibility I don't take lightly. It's team vote. It's something that I hold very special to my heart and obviously I want to win as a captain to lead these guys where we're supposed to go. So we got a lot to fix, Like you said, there's some things that are good on tape. You know, pat yourself on the back for a second, and then let's look at the place that we need to fix. Because you know, you've played in this league. You got to forget the good things quick. You gotta forget the bad things faster.
Speaker 2: I love that line. You gotta forget the good things quick in the and the bad things faster because if you don't, I mean, it can drive you crazy. There's no doubt about that. I mean, you know, I was blessed to have a great wife like yourself, you know, and family at a young age and be able to get your mind off of a game, you know, right away and get your mind on other things. Is that something that that you enjoy as part of your life.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, we'll get a We'll get a lap in on Monday and the Cincinnati Zoo, so you know, there's plenty of things to do as a family. To take a deep breath. You know, this is a game, and we're blessed to play this game. There's a lot of people that rely on us in the city to win, and it's a tremendous amount of like responsibility from us, but no pressure in some ways, we know we have the city on our on our side.
Speaker 2: So and and finally final question, responsibility. I know that you feel a responsibility to your teammates, the organization, to the fans of a Cincinnati and they really appreciate you for that. What's your relationship like with the family.
Speaker 13: I love him the blue collar They work hard and like we do. And you know, we just got to get the wins on Sundays to represent that city.
Speaker 2: Well, Trey, appreciate you very much. You're kind to join us. Man, Thank you.
Speaker 3: God bless Trey Hendrickson on a big day individually for him and his Uh, his motor never slows down. He win, lose, draw, He's he's always trying to find a way to make an impact. That he did yesterday, Yeah, I mean he did.
Speaker 2: H Trey Hendrickson is is always a player that everybody in the organization knows is going to show up. He loves to play football. Uh that's that's when he basically you know, uh.
Speaker 3: He can cut it loose. Yeah, it's his time to shine, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean he's uh, he's different than anybody else walked in the streets. There's no question about that. Uh, he is a very very unique specimen in terms of his his body type. He's not like a long, you know, hot, long armed, highly leveraged player. He's he's uh, he's probably maybe six two, you know, and and maybe two hundred and fifty pounds. But he's put together now. I mean he's in the weight room and he's got unbelievable leg strength. He's got upper body strength, his chest, his shoulders, his arms incredibly strong, and he he does make himself as long as he possibly can with some of the moves that he has coming off the football. The thing that he has, though, is unbelievable first step quickness. I mean it's like, man, did I close my eyes? I know I didn't close my eyes? How did he get from there to hear so quickly? And and uh and then he'll he'll follow it up with you know, quick hands and get his hands on you before you can react and recover. And uh, he's he's he's a tough one, man. I mean, he's he's a ball of energy, There's no question about it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, he's a he's a tiger. Used to reference guys like him as a as a rolling ball of knives. You know and and there's there's there's danger there, man, there's danger there. You can't let him roll too fast. You can't let him get up ahead of steam. And that's the thing with Tray Henderson. You've got to get him stopped at the line of screens to make him restart and Dave.
Speaker 3: Every time we talked about Trey, we've also we've always talked about get him some help on the other side, give us another presence to make teams think about that guy. Miles Murphy had a third down sack yesterday, Joseph Osai had a sack, so they were able to create some things beyond Trey, which is certainly something to build on going forward. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I mean, every good pass rushing team has more than one guy. You can always stop one guy. You can double them, you can triple him if you have to. You can put you know, if it's a defensive end, you put a tackle and a guard on him. If need be, you can put a running back on him to chip before he goes out into his pass route. So literally, there are three people that that that one defensive lineman has to beat, and that's when others have to step up, you know, it's like you have to have a bunch of other solid pass rushers, and the Cincinnati Bengals feel like they have that right now. And Jerry Richards done a pretty good job of developing these guys. They were, for the most part, pretty young, and there's meat on the bone and we're gonna get that meat as quickly as possible.
Speaker 3: Still ahead to the offensive side of things, a big day of breakout day for Yosi Yoshi Bosh. We'll talk with Andre and more as we continue. He's Dave Blapham, im Alliance, Pacallister, Bengals Line on the Bengals Radio Network and seven hundred wl W. We continue on on this Monday night and talk at all things Bengals on the show we call Bengals Line, Bengals Radio Network and seven hundred WILW, Lance Pacallister and Dave lap Them. Big day offensively from Yoshi Andre Yosibosh, who had a career high in receiving yards yesterday eighty two yards receiving on five catches. Here's more from the Bengal wide receiver with Dan Horde.
Speaker 14: We just have to exploit the matchups where they are and I think we did that and that's why I moved the ball.
Speaker 9: Well, it looks like they were.
Speaker 15: They don't get spread out very much, and it seemed like they you know, when you guys spread it out and could kid, I.
Speaker 16: Mean, that's our bread and butter.
Speaker 14: We have the best pass catchers in the league, So I mean, I always like when we spread the ball out.
Speaker 16: Definitely.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Yeah, was the fourth quarter of confidence booster?
Speaker 8: Andre?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think it gives us a little momentum into the nice game for sure. I mean, obviously we want to come out with the win, but uh, you know, you've got to take the positives where they are, and obviously you got to be pretty critical on yourself for the negatives, so you know, any you know, just having a little momentium is nice.
Speaker 17: Two touchdowns for Jamar, one for t you had five catches for eighty two yards. It seemed like this was the best example this year of all three of you guys playing a big role. Did you feel that way?
Speaker 10: Definitely?
Speaker 14: And like I said before, it's just us learning when to exploit the matchups and how to and so I hope, you know, we do that more in the future.
Speaker 17: Do you feel like Jake needed this like he needed a big quarter to feel like he can be as productive as he was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 10: Yeah, definitely, I think that.
Speaker 14: You know, like I said earlier, that gives us some momentum as an offense, knowing what we can do, how we can slice nice people. And you know a lot of teams are in worse positions than we are right now, so we just have to take the positives and be critical on the negatives.
Speaker 3: I think back the training camp and Joe Burrow was talking about your ability to make contested catches. You think about the one you made in the second half. Is that part of the growth of your game.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean it's just getting the opportunity as well. I mean I did that a lot in college too, but I think I can do it a lot more consistently now. And I was calling for that. I said, give me the fade, give me the fade. Like they finally did it, and I made the most of it.
Speaker 3: We keep hearing everybody in this room tell us they believe this team can still play competitive football going forward. Why do you believe this team can still be.
Speaker 14: A competitive team, Because, I mean, we see other teams every week, we've trained against each other, in training.
Speaker 3: Camp, and we know what good football looks like.
Speaker 14: We know what good football players look like, we know what a good camaraderie looks like, and we have all of it.
Speaker 10: We just need to put it together.
Speaker 3: Five catches eighty two yards for Yoshi yesterday, and you'd wondered in the first couple of week, it's like, where's Yoshi, where's the impact of the presence? I think in the first four games he'd had two catches on six targets. Yesterday dave five catches on seven targets eighty two yards. His presence was felt yesterday absolutely.
Speaker 2: You know, he averaged sixteen point four yards per catch on those five receptions. He had a thirty yard long reception and that was a thing of beauty. I mean, he made a great play on that football. He's a talented kid and very intelligent. You know, he can play multiple positions. He can play slot, he can play outside. He can play on the left side of the formation, in the right side of the formation, makes no difference to him. He does run very, very good routes. He's got some size to him, probably six' three plus two hundred and twenty pound range kind of, thing and you know long, legs and he can move his. FEET i, mean he's got good lateral, movement he can change, direction he can really break his routes off very quickly and very efficiently when.
Speaker 3: He's making his.
Speaker 2: CUTS i THINK i think he's a he's a future, star you. KNOW i think he already is playing an extremely high. Level and when you Have Jamar chase on one side And Yosi vash on the other side and say To Yosi vosh from the slot and T higgins on the other side outside that that's.
Speaker 3: A pretty good. Trio there's not many teams in THE nfl that can say we have something much, better you, Know and that's. Key and there's a lot when when you're in that, position there's going to be opportunity to clean up and pick up some catches with the attention That jamar is going to, get the attention that he's going to, get you can't give all the attention to all the. Receivers So yoshi can be the kind of guy, like, Hey i'll take the leftovers in this. Play and and he's somebody who you talked about his smarts and his. Adaptability he seems like someone who's always going to be where he should, be so the quarterback doesn't worry about.
Speaker 2: It. ABSOLUTELY i, mean the quarterback wants to know that a receiver is going to be where he's supposed to be when he's ready to deliver the. Football you, know he Doesn't oh is?
Speaker 3: He?
Speaker 18: There is?
Speaker 3: He where is?
Speaker 19: He you?
Speaker 5: Know?
Speaker 3: Why why did it take you so long to get? There you?
Speaker 2: Know and then all of a sudden you're hit and there's a you, know sack or sack fummel or something that you don't want to have a big negative and and, uh his versatility is, huge and when he's inside in the, slot he gets a lot of one on one. Attention you, know it's there's you can't double. Everybody T higgins gets his share of doubles with his size and his, uh contested catch, Ability Jamar chase with his speed and overall. TALENT i, MEAN i think he's the best receiver in the. Game and he can make contested. Catches and these, guys once they catch the, football you, know can make people miss and the yards after, catch yards after contact and uh and and take it to the. House yoshi's capable of doing the same type of. Thing The bengals are blessed at the wide receiver. Position in the scouting, Department Duke tobin and staff have done a pretty good job of uncovering talent for The.
Speaker 3: Bengals still, ahead will update some injuries or take a look at the injury status T. J slaton a nice game defensively. Yesterday we can talk about his performance and some other parts of yesterday's game as we head down the stretch in our first, hour first of three. Tonight thanks for being with. Us the show Is Bengals. Line it's on The Bengals Radio network and right here on seven HUNDRED w L. W, hey we keep moving along on This monday, night heading down this stretch in our first, hour first of, three big hours Of bengals, Conversation lance Pichatalist Dave blapham and a.
Speaker 2: Card, yeah we're gonna talk injury report for The Cincinnati bengals and and, HONESTLY i don't think even though it was a very physical game and there was a lot of licks laid on out there on players by both, TEAMS i don't think The bengals had any injuries they. Had i'm trying to think of a player that went in for the to the tent to have a concussion protocol faircha series, Right, yeah he came back on the football field pretty darn. Quickly Dalton reisner didn't didn't play during the course of this football, game so he was nick he missed him practice. Time you, know he just couldn't he couldn't recover fast, enough so he. Missed he missed time in this football game as. Well MICAH sicki also get hit pretty good at one, point and he was like holding you, know like his his mid section area as he's coming off the football, field and he has bent over and lowering his head and looked like trying to catch his. Breath AND i don't know if he had the wind knocked out of. Him usually you get hit like in the chest area when you get the wind knocked out of you like. That maybe he had some concussion protocol action. Going he might have got dinged a little. Bit but he got up and got off the football field fairly, quickly and he was in and out of that blue tent pretty. Quickly SO i don't anticipate that he'll miss any football.
Speaker 3: Games i'd be. Surprised, Yeah and in terms of well we're Talking mike is sicky there seems to be more meat on the bone. There his impact hasn't been what it was a year. Ago he had sixty five. Catches right now he has eight and he's on pace for twenty. Seven and it's interesting how his impact on the offense hasn't been what it was a year, ago at least early on this. Season and it should be my, OPINION i, mean you, KNOW i don't.
Speaker 2: Know maybe should be too strong because there's only one football and you talk About Jamar, chase you talk about T, higgins you talk About Yosi.
Speaker 3: Vash you know.
Speaker 2: There's three guys right there and one. Football yeah that are, saying, hey how about? Me you KNOW i need, mine feed me a little, Bit but you know four guys that you should be able to distribute the football and keep all of them, happy keep all of them, active keep everybody's head in the game as such where they feel, like you, KNOW i know that my teammates are counting on me to make. Plays i'm gonna go out And i'm gonna make a play AND i can't wait UNTIL i get my opportunity to do.
Speaker 3: So, YEAH I mike a year. AGO i, Mean mike's you think Of mike you think first down, catches he was so. Clutched sixty five catches last year six hundred and sixty five, yards his longest catch this year. Eighteen and he only has sixteen targets in five. Games my, Butler matt tells me that's about three targets a, game which is certainly on the lighter side compared to a year.
Speaker 2: Ago and he's a third down conversion. MACHINE i, mean that guy is the most reliable guy in that. DEPARTMENT i, mean If i'm a, Quarterback i'm, like on third, Down i'm going through my progression for.
Speaker 3: Sure But i'm all got one ie. Sick you, know where is he my safety?
Speaker 2: Net you Know i'm Gonna i'm gonna check it down to him IF i need, to and and he's Gonna he's gonna generate enough for a first, down whether it's just on the catch or, catch make somebody, miss get some yards after, catch yards after. Contact he's definitely a different kind of tight, end a playmaker in terms of he's built more like a big slot receiver than your typical tight End Bob. Trump he obviously made a lot of plays for The, bengals a lot of deep ball plays and a lot of a lot of. Plays Kenny anderson looked At Bob trumpy as a as a clutch third down. Guy think that's the way That Jake, browning you, know And Joe borrow did. Too they look At gasticky as a clutch receiver on third.
Speaker 3: Down got about a minute left in the. EAR i don't want to leave out and we'll talk more defense later.
Speaker 19: On BUT.
Speaker 3: Tj slayton, Yesterday, uh, certainly uh in that interior that the impact he, had eight, tackles two quarterback. Hits they they loved him and saw something and that's why they they signed him and brought him back, here brought him here From Green bay and he gets a chance against his former team this. Week but he was a guy WHO i circled a lot. Yesterday is, like, oh, man he made an impact on that. Play, yeah he was, hustling.
Speaker 16: Man he.
Speaker 3: Was he Was, uh he.
Speaker 2: Was he was flashing all over the football. Field and, uh interesting right. NOW i WOULD i Would, UH i would have already told T. J slayton IF i was act telling you're my, captain you're one of them next, week and, uh you, know maybe we'll have fewer captains because of the impact of you as a. Captain BUT i do think that you, know guys covet being elected by their. Teammates teammates vote and they, vote they vote the. Captains slayton obviously is not a, captain but everybody else there's there's no seven captains for the regular.
Speaker 3: Season BUT i would make him a game.
Speaker 2: Captain anybody that had an impact on an organization left that organization to come to another and then you're gonna go back and play against. Him you know that that that that feeling during the course of. Preparation you know that intensity you're gonna have on the football field of practice in the meeting. Rooms that can get, contagious.
Speaker 3: No doubt about. It All, right that's one in the. Books we've got two. More how About Jamar Chase as we continue to headline our number, two It's Bengals line on The Bengals Radio network and seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 1: Wlw this Is Bengals line on The Bengals Radio. Network Pay. Corps Pay corps proud to be the OFFICIAL hr software provider OF Us Cincinnati. Bengals Kettering Ow Best care for The Best. Fans Kettering Ow official healthcare provider OF Us Cincinnati. Bengals this is seven hundred wl the home of the Best bengals.
Speaker 3: Coverage we begin our number two tonight On Bengals line of The Bengals Radio network in seven HUNDRED. Wlw i'm Lliance pacatlyster alongside as Always Dave, lapham sorting through yesterday and looking ahead eventually To sunday in Lambeau field against The Green Bay. Packers we've heard From, Zach we've heard From, jake we heard From Trey. Hendrickson Also. Yoshi how about we begin this hour with the man who holed in six catches one and ten yards along of sixty. Four it was a beauty two. Touchdowns, yep here Is Jamar Chase.
Speaker 17: Jamorrow what kind of lift did you guys get from the fourth quarter? Offensively?
Speaker 20: Uh just find a way to get the ball on a fill and give the top play made. Us that's the best things we can.
Speaker 17: Do does he give you a boost? Though the fact that after struggling for three quarters you scored on three straight.
Speaker 10: Drives, UH.
Speaker 20: I wouldn't say he give us a, Boose you know What i'm. Saying got to take advantage of every, job even the first couple of. Drives you know we just made a late run at the.
Speaker 8: End you know it's too.
Speaker 15: Late just remind you of what you guys are capable of doing on offense after a couple of.
Speaker 20: Games, uh we know what we Can at end of the, day we just gotta we gotta get. There that's what's all about Getting.
Speaker 15: There's difference in the first three quarters.
Speaker 16: WHEN i thinks are struggling.
Speaker 20: Penalties we have, Penalties we had, turnovers couldn't get the ball over the the the the fifty at.
Speaker 10: All so second half we changed it up a little bit and got, it got the ball moving three weeks in.
Speaker 5: A week to come and ask you what needs to change for you guys to be able to be more productive on. Offense if you could draw it up and change. Something what do you think is the biggest thing that you you guys can, do whether it be players or, coaches to actually make it.
Speaker 10: Happen in our. Carey i'm just a. Player that's more of A Zach Zach taylor.
Speaker 20: QUESTION i just give him my inputs during the game time on WHAT i see during the coverages and what Leverages i'm getting SO i.
Speaker 10: Can make a. Play that's ALL i could, do but you, know anything, else make a change for the for the whole team and. Organization that's not my. Decision what did you see that when you?
Speaker 3: Started?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah what did you see.
Speaker 3: On the field.
Speaker 10: Playing us two?
Speaker 20: Man planning us a lot of man for, real throwing us a little two man in, there and then they throw like cloud At.
Speaker 17: Tea two touchdown catches for you in the fourth, quarter one For. Tea does it begin with trying to get you two guys the ball as much as.
Speaker 10: POSSIBLE i think we've been doing, that you.
Speaker 20: KNOW i think it's just a tough task when everybody know what the hell we, doing you know What i'm. Saying so maybe we got a work harder get it get the ball to. Us we gotta work harder as a unit and make make it look easier For.
Speaker 17: JAKE i haven't seen too many plays that featured better, footwork getting your feet in bounds while you're going out of bounds on your first touchdown.
Speaker 20: Catch i'll just standing to, play making SURE i stayed With, jake scrambled drill and just he just saw me in the back in his.
Speaker 21: Zon you've been on losing street with this team, before but this is the first time you're doing it as a.
Speaker 10: Captain how are you approaching this?
Speaker 20: Differently If i'm being quite, HONEST i feel like my guys answered a little.
Speaker 5: Bit.
Speaker 20: UH i don't think we answered enough. Though we definitely played a lot with a lot of intensity today with nobody. QUIT i love that for, Us but we gotta start off a little, faster, man not just, faster but just just at least get some points on the board before half time does and we can't come out at half?
Speaker 10: Time you know?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 10: What you? Know turnovers was a Fun you didn't celebrate THE.
Speaker 8: Td set a.
Speaker 17: Game it was a lot of.
Speaker 3: Time you didn't celebrate THE Td.
Speaker 10: Chicago. Game mm vo mm my rookie year where you think the rookie? Ye?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Similar that's?
Speaker 6: What why not how they?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 13: What what's a light scort jump fall in the multi jushong?
Speaker 3: Game just not feeling that they just SELL.
Speaker 20: I wanted to jump in the, stands but, uh we're. Losing it's no fun in me jumping in in the stands and doing all the extra who read who rot stuff when we. Losing, uh especially as a, captain you, know the guys look at me to hold my. Composure and be a, leader and at that, moment you, know the best thing to do is just that baverybody up telling him good job and work on the next.
Speaker 10: Possession is that all still fun for you right?
Speaker 8: Now or is it just mostly?
Speaker 10: Frustrating football is always, Fun it's just not as fun when you're. Losing mkay exactly took the.
Speaker 15: Blame also said that he was uh hoping that he could improve at as a play, caller and he took some link blame for the the way the offense has.
Speaker 8: Been do you think that that's?
Speaker 17: It do you think it's?
Speaker 6: Execution?
Speaker 16: Uh who?
Speaker 20: Knows brouh you know What i'm, saying could be the execution with the. Players, also coaches just gotta call, it but at the end of the, day the player gotta go out there and make it.
Speaker 10: Work so it's on both of, us not Just, Zact it's on both of.
Speaker 15: Us he also expressed belief in everyone and believe that you guys can turn things.
Speaker 3: Around do you do you agree right?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 20: Yeah, yah, yeah that's. Right that's WHAT i just said not too long. AGO i believe my. Guys it did great. Today they answered the Bell WHEN i told him about last week were facing. Adversity we gotta keep we gotta keep knocking the true don til they, fall so they gotta keep.
Speaker 3: Playing Mar do you think that it is just a matter of this offense get have one or two touchdowns at the start of.
Speaker 8: The game and getting the vibe of the offense cause you gotta change that will turn it.
Speaker 20: Around, NO i think IT'S i think it's more like we gotta get. It we gotta get more. Explosives we don't have explosives at, All i'll be, honest and and we gotta do. That towards the first, half were in game just getting some ten fifteen. Yards you know that's that's a that's a small explosive for. Us that gets the momentum going for, us and it gets the drive.
Speaker 15: Loom did YOU i think we're gonna score a touchdown on that fleet flicker A u AND t where we're running pre Obviously jake didn't have time to throw it to, you but the police flicker in the.
Speaker 16: Second, half it was supposed to go to.
Speaker 20: TEA i was just trying to grab a, safety but the corner was pushing me so far in the middle of the. Field tryna just grab a safety and go, Out but it was t it was a tough player right.
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 9: Is?
Speaker 11: It is it hard to pamp your frustration down for the first three quarter you're still something good.
Speaker 8: HAPPENS i, mean there's just nothing's.
Speaker 10: Happening played a lot of firing theneat, me, man AND i play with a lot of with a lot of.
Speaker 20: Emotion, MAN I i let his. Game i've always did let his. Game but you know you you you gonna get frustrated in this.
Speaker 8: Game you know you.
Speaker 20: Can you not gonna sit here and tell me you gonna make a mistake and be happy about. It that's that's that's Not that's not how life. Works at the end of the. Day if you make any mistake in, life you gonna be mad at it and try to do it again. Later but fix.
Speaker 10: It ALL i can do is is just LIKE i, said be, positive be a cabinet to my, guys and just keep pushing. Forward the way did the defense have?
Speaker 8: Played what did did that give you some? Hope still something?
Speaker 3: Hope set?
Speaker 10: UH i can't say nothing about our. Defense.
Speaker 20: Man if we that our defense is doing, enough at the end of the, day our defense doing enough for, us we gotta find a way to make make the defense look.
Speaker 3: Better go.
Speaker 10: Ahead, no so you talk about the, exposure where did that come?
Speaker 2: FROM i, mean and you looking forward all? Day how did?
Speaker 1: That how did that?
Speaker 12: Happen?
Speaker 20: Uh it was a double move. Call great call By zach at that. TIME i think that was in two. Man Also corn was playing me, inside so that was a great call at on that.
Speaker 18: PLAYMA i know you guys obviously have a lot of belief and confidence And, jake how much do you feel like those he needed those three touchdowns on the fourth quarter after just the way the last couple of games had kind of gone for you.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 20: Uh, Yeah jake's facing a lot of adversity by himself and just with the team. Period BUT i try to make sure TODAY i tell him to stay in there and keep his head, up don't throw his head, down you know What i'm, saying just as be a.
Speaker 10: Leader at the end of the, day we all got his back and we all need him to be our.
Speaker 18: Quarterback do you think what he did today in fourth till he showed that you know what he did in twenty twenty three is still in.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah the way he still stayed in the game and and and kept. Fighting that's what we need as a.
Speaker 11: Quarterback when you score that second, touchdown kind of put the, ball wrap your arms round and just kind of look towards the. Stands what's going on in your heads right?
Speaker 10: There OH i was talking a little. Trash, yeah, Yeah i'm not gonna say all. That, wait we're gonna be that. Alone we're gonna leave that. Alone the fourth the fourth?
Speaker 2: Quarter does?
Speaker 5: It is that?
Speaker 3: Anything ne and you had on.
Speaker 10: It, no at the end of the, day we still. Lost my f wasn't good. ENOUGH i should.
Speaker 20: HAVE i need to give, more put up more. Stats SO i just put them more for the team to help us get in a position to.
Speaker 3: Win jamar six for one ten and a catch with a toe tap that was like Vintage Chad johnson with the toe. Tap it was and you gave credit they had hoard for The barishnika. Reference that was. Quality it was, very very much so very.
Speaker 2: Quality Dan horde comes up with a lot of what a what a lot of quality comparisons like that sixty four yard Long that was good to. See it's good to see an. Explosion, yeah it was, like oh, wow they still do have. EXPLOSIVES i mean they are, capable and they. DO i, mean you, know we talked About, chase we talked About, higgins we talked About, gesticky you, know we talked About Yosi. Vosh they do have guys that can make explosive. Plays there's there's no question about. It yosi had the thirty. Yarder you, know when When chase is averaging eighteen point three yards per, catch that Is Jamar. Chase like that reminds me of prior years Watching Jamar chase and catching multiple footballs during the course of the game for over one hundred. YARDS i, mean this is a guy that won The Triple crown last, year catches, yards, touchdowns swept all of.
Speaker 3: It that's.
Speaker 2: Rare it doesn't happen much in The National Football. League and The bengals have a guy that did, it and he's uber, talented there's no question about.
Speaker 5: It AND.
Speaker 2: I Know Jake browning wants to get the football to him as many times as he possibly, can because you, know if you get it to, him ten times might not be, Enough fifteen times might not be. Enough get the ball To Jamar chase as many times as it takes to win a football.
Speaker 16: Game.
Speaker 3: David another THING i, like WHICH i think continues to blossom With Jamar, chase and he talked last week about how he addressed the team after the game and talked about wanting guys to play with with more. Passion, yesterday after the big, touchdown he said he didn't jump into the stands to celebrate because he wanted to be with the guy they were. Losing wanted to get to the sidelines with the guys and and. Focus and that is a to, me a voice of maturity that is growing in a, presence especially with With joe now in the locker. ROOM i think there's something To jamar being a growing voice with that.
Speaker 2: TEAM i, AGREE i THINK i Think jamar's maturation is is very evident to his teammates as. Well they look to him as a primary leader on this football, team particularly with the absence To Joe. BURROW i Mean Joe burrow, basically you, Know uh Takes uh takes all of that, limelight you, know uh from a leadership, standpoint not, intentionally. Honestly you, know he's not one of those guys that that chases. Publicity you, know he's. Not he's not that type of. Guy but, boy when you do Have Jamar, chase And Joe, burrow you know in your locker room for, leadership that's. Huge that one two punts that still justic effect is big. Time and they're they're down a, Man they're missing a, man And Jamar chase. Knows, Okay NOW i got to step up and do more In Joe burrow's. ABSENCE i have to be more of a beacon light for my teammates to rally. Around that's the offense to begin the. Air how about we flip over to the defense here From Geno stone and more as we continue With Bengals line of The Bengals Radio network and seven HUNDRED. Wlw we are rolling right along of This monday night Of Bengals line of The Bengals Radio network and seven HUNDRED. Wlw I'm, lance but Count lester he. Is Dave lapham talked offense to begin the r With Jamar. Chase how about we flipped to the defensive side of. Things Here's dan With Geno.
Speaker 17: Stone, gino it sounds kind of strange after the other team scores thirty seven. POINTS i thought the defense by and large played pretty well against that high powered. Offense what did you?
Speaker 22: Think, YEAH i, MEAN i feel like we put it a you, know really well. GAME i just feel like when we get certain situations where you, know something happens in the, game we, gotta you, know help our. Offense we got to get limited them to three points in the red. Zone you, know AFTER i sid to change something like. That SO i think that's our biggest thing right. Now you, know AFTER i started and change something like, that we just gotta start limited.
Speaker 17: Points lions have a lot of. Weapons it seemed like the one thing that hurt or you, know one of the things that hurt today was their their lying. There i'm, sorry they're tight. Ends they do such a good job of getting you moving in a bunch of directions and then they leak it out to the tight end and stuff to.
Speaker 22: Stop, YEAH i, MEAN i feel it's all on us as odd. Discipline they did a really good job with their play action shots and things like. That that's kind of HOW i feel like the porter got opened a lot of. Times so you, know that's one thing we got to do is just get better with our eyes you, know certain certain situations like, that and you, know just get back to you, know daily the daily principals we.
Speaker 9: Got we used to installed day one.
Speaker 17: On The gibbs, touchdown it looked like he hit a gear that not MANY nfl running backs are capable of.
Speaker 22: Hitting, yeah you, know he just kind of cut inside and you know you think you said to hit a gear that you know that as he blessed. With so you know that's something on. Us we've got, to you, know be able to you, know get to the ball, better better angles and things like.
Speaker 8: That so he's got get them.
Speaker 17: Down did the fourth quarter give you guys a, lift the fact that the offense scored three straight touchdowns and really showed.
Speaker 3: A lot of.
Speaker 9: Life, yeah, Definitely, yeah.
Speaker 22: DEFINITELY i mean that WHY i feel, like you, know that, says you, know, defense we gotta get better on that one our second last drop you know or third, whatever thirty last. Drive you, know he's be able to get off the field and can get get the ball back. Again you, know we can't let them go on, score you. KNOW i mean it's a starting the situation of the game WHERE i know we need to. Stop we actually needed at that, time and we did it for the mostly part of the, game and that situation we all got off the.
Speaker 17: FIELD i mean when you get to take away and you force The lions to punt quite a few. Times that really doesn't happen to them that.
Speaker 22: Often, YEAH i mean. Definitely LIKE i, said if you, know, DEFENSIVE i mean we got Timber hagy to. Them BUT i feel like we played a really good. Job we did a really well. Today LIKE i, said just you, know after something, changes we've got to be able to get off the field and let them to their.
Speaker 9: Points we can't let them get seven other least more than.
Speaker 3: Three appreciate your, Time Geno stone talking defense And. Dave all things, considered and we mentioned it off the top of The lions yesterday averaged three point six yards per. Carry, right they go just two of eight on third. Down they don't have a fourth. Down they love going for fourth, downs didn't have a fourth. DOWN i, mean all things, consider if you look at the numbers and knowing what we know about The lions going, in it wasn't a bad from the defense. Yesterday, NO i don't think it.
Speaker 2: WAS i think that effort that they put forth yesterday is gonna win games for. Them you, KNOW i think The Detroit lions are a very worthy. OPPONENT i think they're one of the best. Teams maybe you, know one of the top three or even two two or three teams in The National Football. LEAGUE i think they have A hall Of fame Future hall Of fame coach And Dan. CAMPBELL i think the guy is. EXTRAORDINARY i think he knows what he's. Doing he gets his his players up in the, bit he rallies. Them they respond to. Him you, know it's like he's a. Puppeteer you, know he's got him on the string and uh and they do basically whatever he says and how he says he wants it. Done so, YEAH i THINK i think that that The bengals defense and at all. LEVELS i thought defensive, line particularly on the, EDGE i thought the edge guys rushed the passer. WELL i thought linebackers played. WELL i Thought Logan wilson was very active at the middle linebacker. Position on the back, End Dax, Field Gino, stone those guys Play Jay, Turner, Yeah dj made. Plays he made a lot of. PLAYS i mean he flashed big time all those. Guys so you, know it was it was a combined, effort you, know AND i think in most, cases a combined effort of winning.
Speaker 3: Football, yeah if they can just the the one, bugaboo which is put them behind the eight, ball is giving up an opening drive touchdown in four of the five. Games it's almost like a there's a settling in. Effect they need to settle in on the opening kickoff and get to get it.
Speaker 10: Going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely And al Golden wood would be all for. That he'd like to have him settled, in you, know when he's installing the game player On. Wednesday, Guys calm, down, now, yeah let's do it, now com, convoys you, know we know what we're. Doing everybody knows what they're. Doing in this little package That i've got, Here i'm adding to. It i'm just making a little bit of an adjustment to.
Speaker 9: It nothing.
Speaker 2: Major don't lose your, minds, boys you, Know i'm just gonna put a little tweak in. Here and now you guys should be able to handle. It your, Professionals calm, down you. Know AND i do Think al golden is in the process of learning about his, players you, know and might not like some of the things that he's, learning but he's learning about their strengths and weaknesses and how he, can you, know put things together to combat.
Speaker 3: It by the, way final, NOTE i forgot On jamar in the last Segment jamar with the day he had. Yesterday that's nine career games this from THE. Nfl nine career games with at least five, catches one hundred yards, receiving and two. Touchdowns that ties him With hall Of Famer Lance allworth And Antonio freeman for the most by any player in his first five years in THE. NFL i a tribute note for. YOU i was named After Lance? Allworth is that? RIGHT i was? You we were named After, bambie after A bambi, yes, sir about that little, nugget that's my. Nugget it's not A Dan horne. Nugget that's A lance. Bacalist was your dad At lance All?
Speaker 2: Worth big?
Speaker 9: Time?
Speaker 3: YEAH i, Think but they just like the Name Altimalley and then he, said Yeah Lance, allworth let's go. Him, Yeah so there you. Go now you know your middle name is not All. Worth it is Not it Is. Scott, okay there you, go all, RIGHT i like. IT i don't like all this information Like, darnay you, know DARN i mean you got receivers, everywhere, Man lance Or darnay's got all, right enough of, this we'll. Continue It's bengals line on The Bengals Radio network and seven HUNDRED. Wlw, hey welcome back To Bengals line on This monday, night sorting through a loss to The lions yesterday and eventually looking ahead to The Green Bay. Packers Bengals line of The Bengals Radio network and seven HUNDRED, Wlw Lance, Pacallister Dave epham And.
Speaker 2: Lance as you already, know you can watch Your bengals this season on THE nfl ON, cbs streaming On Paramount plus as.
Speaker 3: Well about that. Bonus about, that let's talk run. Game Chase brown yesterday eight carries twenty seven, yards an average of three point, four a long of just. Six Here's chase after the.
Speaker 19: Game that's far staying locked. In it's it's not hard to stay locked. In but what you want to do is play winning, football and we want to turn the chains. Over we want to get some good drives going.
Speaker 3: Early and.
Speaker 9: You know it's a different game if if we did that.
Speaker 21: Today, JASE i don't have a set in front of, me But i'm pretty sure you're getting hit up for one scrimmage with any other starting running back in THE. Nfl how do you make adjustments to control what you can control to get more effective in the running.
Speaker 19: Game, YEAH i JUST i just watched the. FILM i look for, ways you, know to to get. Better MAYBE i gotta be more, patient MAYBE i gotta break more. Tackles but at the end of the, day then the, Day i'm just looking for ways to get better as a as a running. Back SO i, can you, know help get this team to where we need to.
Speaker 16: Be what have you? Noticed is there an overarching theme to the?
Speaker 3: Turnovers to the?
Speaker 9: Turnovers overarching? Theme? UH i think we just gotta play better.
Speaker 19: FOOTBALL i think that's the, theme is just playing better football and making better decisions.
Speaker 9: As a as a, group and, uh you, know we'll be just.
Speaker 16: Fine true.
Speaker 21: Word my, question are you seeing the same mistake happening over and over, again other different mistakes.
Speaker 19: As far as, Turnovers, YEAH i MEAN i had to fumble today in the past, Game SO i gotta protect the ball. Better we all, do whether that's throwing the ball or running the, ball or catching the, ball whatever it.
Speaker 9: Is we, just you, know we gotta gotta be better in that. Area we're a competitive.
Speaker 6: Guy how hard is it not to come on your.
Speaker 3: Nice little helmet and throw your pads about the losing about you're not running all, WELL i, mean how do you maintain professionalism or it's just.
Speaker 16: Not going your?
Speaker 9: Way get, better go back to work and, uh you, know focus on the next.
Speaker 19: Opponent that's the best thing about this league is you know you got to move on, quickly and you know you're playing Every, sunday so.
Speaker 9: You get another opportunity to get out there and be. Better and that's What i'm focused on.
Speaker 3: Now Chase. Brown after the game and for the, Season Chase brown has carried sixty five times for one hundred and sixty. Yards dave My butler math computes that at two and a half yards per. Carry and obviously it's not all or a lot of it On, chase but they've got WE i feel Like i'm a broken record if there were still. Records they just need to unlock. More in that run, game there were moments they do it's.
Speaker 2: Like then not yeah they tease, You Yeah, No it's like they dangle a nice little run, there you, know and then take it. Away. Yeah it's just. UNACCEPTABLE i, Mean Chase brown is too. Good he's got too much. Skill his skill set is very very strong to be you, know averaging two point four for the season three point four in this football game against The Detroit. Lions then how about targeted eight, times seven, catches twenty one frigging, yards three yards per catch as long as catch nine? Yards come, on, now are you kidding? Me here's a guy that was he was targeted ten, times he rushed eight. Times that's eighteen, Snaps. No, eight eight and eight and eight sixteen, snaps and he had a grand total of forty eight.
Speaker 3: Yards what.
Speaker 2: Three yards per? Play and that's that's real strong. Efficiency and he that's. Embarrassing i'm sure he's embarrassed by. It he knows he's better than. That his teammates know he's better than. That and you know where it falls squarely on the shoulders of the offensive. Line they have to do, more you. KNOW i mean when they when they double team and rub to the next, level gets the movement for the, Guy let him make a, read let him make a. CUT i, mean he's getting. STONED i mean he's getting hit far too. Often he's he's taken shots that running back shouldn't. TAKE i, mean you, know.
Speaker 5: He.
Speaker 2: Should he should be able to get past the line of scrimmage and feel pretty confident that he's going to be free and clear and not get, smoked you, know and make a first cut down on the football. Field And i'm not Sure Chase brown feels like he can say.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah and you, KNOW i look at the first half, Yesterday. Dave the game was not out of. Hand it was fourteen to three at the. Half The bengals hauld run thirty, plays only seven runs to twenty three passes With jake browning at the. Helm AND i look at The lions at the half and they're up fourteen to three and they've run it fifteen times and they've thrown it fifteen, times, Right and it's just those NUMBERS i look at and at the half The bengals had in the only in the seven rushes they'd average four point three yards of. Carry And i'm thinking a little bit, more a little bit more that don't Ask jake to throw twenty three times and a half in any. Game and if it was thirty to three at the, half you'd Understand i'm passing a. Lot it was only fourteen to three at the.
Speaker 2: Half, right, Right and when you look at, It Jared, goff Future hall Of, FAMER i mean he's right, there he's running the cusp of.
Speaker 3: IT i, mean.
Speaker 2: They ran the ball one and they threw the, football and he's good with. That, yeah he's good with. That Jared goff loves teams that established themselves with a presence at the line of, scrimmage with a very, physical tough offensive, line knocking people, around pushing people and running the. Football because then his play action pass, game WHICH i think he's as good As i've ever seen play action. Passing understanding the, concepts understanding the route tree, combinations understanding all of. That Jared, goff he gets it done. Now he gets it done at a very very high. Level and he can spin the rock and it comes out of his hand, beautifully accurately and with some zip on, it no.
Speaker 3: QUESTION i was struck last week Last monday, night or it was Actually, tuesday when you And box did the show and talk With Lomas, brown the long time eighteen year offensive line for The, lines a legend part of the broadcast, team AND i was struck by him, saying when it comes to The, lions their, identity the physicality in dictating on both sides of the, ball and you could just hear it in his voice what he was saying about What Dan campbell had instilled for the way we're going to, Play we're going to be physical. Upfront and how many times he said in the conversation with you, guys we run the ball and we impose our physicality on other. Teams and that's going to be music to your, ears absolutely to any offensive lineman's.
Speaker 22: Ears it is.
Speaker 3: Lance you're.
Speaker 2: RIGHT i, mean The Detroit lions imposed their will in the, opposition and and they do it by being more physical than every opponent they. Face Dan campbell played football that. Way Dan campbell was a very very, physical, tough scrappy tight end who you, know bite your, ankles you.
Speaker 3: Know it's like the, famous that famous. Line this is a.
Speaker 2: Classic but he, he he is a guy that that appreciates offensive and defensive, lineman you, know and he knows that that is basically the foundation of how he's going to win football. Games we're going to Have we're going to bring in the best offensive defensive line where we can find to fit our, scheme to fit our concepts of how we want to do things and how we want them to respond to our. Coaches and there's not no, substitute no substitute for that. Process and we're going to go through. It we're going to get the right, people and on a weekly, basis we are going to execute.
Speaker 3: It And dave with running the ball comes time of, possession and it would certainly help to have the. Ball The bengals are averaging twenty five and a half minutes of possession a. Game they're being outpossessed nine minutes per game by the other.
Speaker 2: TEAM i mean that's over half a, quarter you, KNOW i mean over half a. Quarter they're given up to the. Opposition they're, saying, yeah go, ahead take.
Speaker 3: All this time nine. Minutes your defense has to work exactly. That your offense isn't, working, RIGHT i, mean you want your offense on the field more than your.
Speaker 2: Defense time of possession basically. Is and when we had real good, teams you, know The Super bowl, teams all The Super bowl teams had winning time, possession uh on on a weekly. Basis you, know they didn't leave the defense out, there, uh you, know dangling to be you, know taken advantage of in some, way shape or. Form because at some point in, time these coaches are still. GOOD i mean they're gonna they're gonna, Adjust they're gonna adjust to all week long coaches scheme and game plan and they'll come. Up SO i got, them, NOW i got them with this. One they don't they don't really have an answer for this. ONE i can see on. Tape and then they come up with an answer quickly because that's what they're paid to. Do and they're all they're all, brilliant they all have They're men's Of FOOTBALL iq. People so, YEAH i, MEAN i mean, it it ain't easy in an't easy playing in THE. Nfl and uh and on a weekly, basis you're gonna go out and compete and get her.
Speaker 3: Done take a time out more to get to on This monday night edition Of Bengals. Line we're on The Bengals Radio network and seven HUNDRED w L. W we are rolling right along on This monday night Of Bengals line on The Bengals Radio network and seven HUNDRED, Wlw Lance, Bacallister Dave. Lapham we were talking to offense and the running. Game let's add a little bit more on On jake while we while we can first three. Quarters in the fourth, quarter, HEY i think there was a lot of thought, that you, know go to somebody, else go to somebody. Else at some Point in yesterday's, Game zach has made it clear he's sticking has stuck Behind Jake. Browning there was a, spark there was a lighting of the, fuse hopefully in the fourth, quarter WHICH i would think probably changes maybe the dynamics of let's see if that carries over into this, week.
Speaker 2: RIGHT i, agree AND i think the coaches are thinking that. WAY i think THAT i don't Think Zach taylor Or Dan pitcher have any intention of Replacing Jake. BROWNING i think they have an abundance of confidence IN i think they feel like he understands their. Offense he understands what they're trying to do, offensively how they're trying to do, it why they're trying to do what they're trying to. Do AND i think they feel, like you, know he's a guy that when they introduce game plans to him On, wednesday he's right with, it. MAN i, mean he understands exactly what they're saying and why they're saying, it and who they want to attack and why they want to attack that, person what the weakness is in the, defense how they can take advantage of that. Weakness so they've Had Jake browning around for a. WHILE i think they feel, like you, know it's going to pay, Dividends it's going to pay dividends. Eventually, well eventually has to come. Quickly it has to come sooner because the fan base and they want to lynch. HIM i, mean they want a firing. SQUAD i mean it's like they want to move. On they wanted to move on, yesterday and the coaching staff and the, Organization Paul, brown The brown family and The blackburn family don't necessarily. Agree they don't necessarily feel that. Way SO i Think Jake browning appreciates the, support AND i think he feels like he deserves. IT i think he feels like he's worked hard for this. Organization he's done everything that the organizations asked him to. Do now just has to play better.
Speaker 3: Man, yeah if there WASN'T i think it'd be a different. Story if there wasn't the backstory To. Jacob two years, ago he goes four and, three he wins two games in. Overtime he's THE Afc Offensive player of The. Week don't forget that Against jacksonville he. Could two years, ago he goes thirty two of thirty seven For Craze huerdan and fifty four. Yards if the resume was, blank then this conversation would be. Different that resume has stuff on it that says he's done it. Before it's our job to get him back to doing it. Again, yeah.
Speaker 2: RECALL i mean it's, Like, okay whatever you did back, Then, jake to go out and perform to the level that you. Did bring it, back you, know run it, back do it. Again AND i THINK i think that's what they just can't give up on. THAT i, mean they've experienced. It it's it's hard to. Find it's hard to find quality backup quarterbacks in The National Football, league AND i think he's the best backup quarterback in THE. NFL i still believe that he's had a rough patch, here BUT i think his body of. Work you take all of his, games you, know the season you're talking about where he takes him to The Super, bowl you, know AND i mean he has a player of The. Week you know how hard there is to be a player of the week in The National Football? League are you kidding? Me there's a lot of quarterbacks that played a bunch of years as a, starter all for the duration of their career and never did it. Once you, know it's, like AND i, know you have to have talent around you to do, it and he does Have Jamar CHASE. T higgins and you know a lot of people like. That well you, know but he still has to be the one to get him in the. Football he still has to figure out what the defense is, doing what kind of adjustments they're, making and everything goes along with. It And Jake browning can't do. That Jake browning is a very very intelligent. Person he's a very intelligent football. Player he gets, it and, uh you, know the fan base isn't happy with him right. NOW i, mean you don't have to be five be to the captives realize.
Speaker 3: That one other Thought waller on the offensive side about the offensive, LINE i want to get back to and ask you. About they thought they've got a rookie And Dylan. Fairchild they've got a rookie In Jalen, rivers and before, that it Was reisner for a, bit it Was Lucas patrick for a. Bit so there's a lot of moving parts and. Pieces what does that do to the cohesiveness and rhythm of an offensive? Line and it's got to throw it out of whack because you're just not used. To you're not. Trying there's a whole lot of new. Variables total.
Speaker 2: Destruction, YEAH i mean they can't get in a, rhythm they can't establish a. Timing you, know it's, like, uh there's always. Doubt there's always, like, MAN i, Know i've only worked with him for just a you, know a couple of.
Speaker 3: Weeks here is he? Ready WHEN i make a?
Speaker 2: Call WHEN i recognize something, DEFENSIVELY i see a, TELL i see a tip that the defense is going to do, this AND i try to communicate it and he looks at, me you, know like with wide, eyes like what the hell are you talking? About is that What i'm going to be? Experiencing or is it somebody that's like right on the same page with? Me and uh, yeah it takes. Time, uh offensive line five, parts you. Know you wrap your fingers and curl your fingers and wrap your thumb around. It it's it's just a reflex. Action, well it's good offensive lines when they're playing at the level that winning teams play, at The Super, bowl winning teams play, at it is uh just a, reaction you. Know it's a reflex. Action and The bengals right now are striving for that and it's not there. Yet, yeah and.
Speaker 3: THERE i would think that looking at the tape, today deal in fair trial will probably turn his eyes when he Sees Derek burns on the safety that wasn't that wasn't, Pretty but it would would it be fair to say yesterday the old line was they were? Serviceable yesterday were? THING i, mean it wasn't it wasn't jail, Breaks it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Horrible, Yeah i'd say maybe. Adequate, yeah you, know it would be a a fair. WORD i guess it wasn't horrible like you. Say you, know it wasn't like every snaps, like oh my, GOD i can't watch this. Anymore, JESUS i gotta turn the channel or turn it. OFF a this is like cruel and unusual punishment watching.
Speaker 5: THIS i.
Speaker 3: CAN'T i can't stand, it you.
Speaker 2: Know and then and then you you wonder what the coaches are thinking and and, honestly when when when the, team an offensive line is performing like, that it shakes the foundation of the entire. Offense there's no doubt about. It and it's like what DO i Call when DO i call?
Speaker 3: IT i, mean where do we? Go? What what are we doing? Best? What what's killing. Us how do we correct and get what's killing? Us how do we make it?
Speaker 2: Better there's so many things during the course of a football, game so many adjustments of coaching staff and players have to make and get on the same page and doing.
Speaker 3: So take a time, out come, back final segment of the, hour maybe a quick note on just how that's the A C north, is how nuts THE nfl couldn't be it? Dead there were one, Two there were five games yesterday where a team came back from double digit deficits to win. Games and if you look at THE Nfc, north it's, like hold The ravens are what they're giving? Up how many? Points we'll? Do all? That as we, continue He's Dave. Lapham I'm Lance, Pacatlister bengals onto The Bengals radio network in seven HUNDRED. Wlw all right down the stretch we, go final. Segment we're on the two minute drill On bengals line on The Bengals radio networking seven HUNDRED, Wlw Lance, Pacatister Dave, Lapham, Dave i'm looking at THESE Afc north standings and, man it feels after losing yesterday and losing three, straight you feel one. Way you look at the standings and, say, well they're still in this. Thing steelers are three and, One bengals are two and, Three The ravens are one and four and have given up one hundred and seventy seven points so, far and The browns are one and, four having lost yesterday an international game With Dylan gabriel. Quarterbacking but you look At steelers three and, One bengals two and, three a meeting coming up With steelers in a couple of. Weeks sure the division is helping out this. Cause for The bengals right, now it.
Speaker 2: IS i, mean THE Airc north is uncharacteristically, struggling you, know in the early stages of twenty twenty. Five it's the THE Airc, north in my, opinion has, been if not the one of the most physical divisions in all of. Football And i'm not saying that it's the reason these teams are struggling is because the lack of. PHYSICALITY i don't think the coaches would allow that to, happen because they're some of the best coaches in all of football in THE Aoc north and they've been that way for you, know for for a good.
Speaker 3: Bit SO uh.
Speaker 2: Organizations have been around, Forever, Cleveland, pittsburgh they have been around. Forever baltimore obviously is is is the new the, newest the new new kid on the block as. Such but, yeah it's it's a matter of time before these teams get it figured out and uh and get the train back on the. Track and when the trains back on the, track it is going to be more in because it has ground to pick up and we're going to.
Speaker 3: Try to pick it up as quickly as they possibly, can no.
Speaker 2: Doubt and like you, say it is only you, know four games for some five games for everybody else into the, season so there's miles to go before you, rest that's for.
Speaker 3: Sure we will not. Rest we've got another hour to. Go we'll hear a little bit more From, zach From jake will do fantastic fun, facts Talk packers and Lambeau. Field it's all a O Bengals line on The Bengals Radio network in seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 1: Wlw this Is Bengals line on The Bengals Radio. Network Pay. Corps Pay corp is proud to be the OFFICIAL hr software provider OF Us Cincinnati Bengals Kettering Now Best care for the best Fans kettering el official healthcare provider OF Us Cincinnati. Bengals this is seven HUNDRED, wlw the home of the Best bengals, coverage and away.
Speaker 3: We go our third and final hour, tonight three big hours Every monday night breaking it all. Down Bengals line on The Bengals Radio network and seven HUNDRED Wlw Lance pacallister And Dave.
Speaker 2: Lapham, lance it's time to address The Miami university Of Red Zone report and it recaps The Bengals Red zone. Moments Miami university graduating innovative leaders Like Paul. Brown how about that pe B Miami you. Grad he was a Proud Miami you. GRAD i can tell you that right. Now always talked about The. RedHawks and since eighteen oh, Nine miami has been educating the young. Folks if you have the, passion we have the. Program start your journey At miami Oh Dot.
Speaker 3: Edu thirty seven to twenty four of the final. Yesterday here is more from the, Coach Zach. Taylor that's my.
Speaker 6: JOB i call the plays on. OFFENSE i put this thing.
Speaker 4: TOGETHER i got to be better for this football team because it just hasn't been good. Enough AND i put that on myself and we got to get it. Fixed i'm confident that we're going to get it. Fixed it's disappointing and frustrating again that we've we've scored three points three weeks in.
Speaker 6: A row in the first half that you Can't you're not.
Speaker 4: Gonna when you're not gonna win against these these teams we've been playing against when you do. That so that's my responsibility to get that fixed and find a way to score some more. Points and AND i promise you we we know soon to turn and getting that.
Speaker 6: Done what do you think.
Speaker 9: It's?
Speaker 6: Again put this on.
Speaker 4: ME i got to do a better job getting this into a, rhythm getting this away where we can sustain some, drives put points on the. Board there's some place he's gonna want to have. Back i'm glad he hung in, there made some places forced down the. Stretch three straight touchdown drives at the end of the. Game i'm sure a lot of people wanted him on the bench at that. POINT i could hear. It and you stuck with, him and he comes back and has three straight drives or, touchdowns and that's that's The Jake. BRINNING i know he's. Resilient He'll Sarah diversity in the face you can count on and keep bouncing. Back, obviously there's we got to protect the ball better to be able to beat a team of that. Caliber so we're not going to run from. That but to sit here and Say I'm i'm not proud of our football team for the way that they fought, back that that wouldn't be. True i'm extremely proud of these guys the way that they continue to fight and in the face of adversity when it looks like it's real dim and all of a, sudden there's some hope there that we can get this thing. Done and that's what this team's made of the five games in that's What i'm counting on to get us through this the last twelve games where we can go win some. Games i'm not oblivious to what goes on in THE afc and their. Vision there's gonna be plenty of opportunity there if we can just get through this storm and stick together and find a way to put some better positions on offense together and score some. Points And i'm absolutely confident that we will get this thing turned, around and fans will want to be in the stands BECAUSE i get it right, now they're gonna want to be in the stands AND i look forward to sold out crowds, again back to what we're used, to AND i promise you it's with every BREATH i, got we're going to continue to work to get back to.
Speaker 17: THAT i call the.
Speaker 4: PLAYS i got to get into better. RHYTHM i got to keep out of. Danger there's some THINGS i got to do a better job. Establishing and just when the offense isn't score, points that follows the head coach is the play. Caller that's that's where it ends right there in the, game.
Speaker 3: Because you know you're going to need him going forward as that part of.
Speaker 6: It, YEAH i believed in. HIM i saw the turnovers that were. Happening we got to be.
Speaker 4: Better we can't excuse, him but what we saw with those three straights sound, drives you, know to find a way to. WIN i knew that he gave us our best chance, There.
Speaker 9: So you going, FORWARD i.
Speaker 4: DO i of, course after a game like, that we're gonna look at all personnel to make sure we're doing the right. Thing SO i won't shy away from that because it's a very fair question after the amount of turnovers we.
Speaker 6: Have but to say THAT i don't Think jake can win games for.
Speaker 4: US i Believe jake and win games FOR i do and and we'll just continue to look at everything we Can, personneliz.
Speaker 12: Do you feel like you need to Build jake's confidence back?
Speaker 4: Up, YEAH i think anytime you go through some, adversity there's always a little bit of self. Doubt but but when you've put in the, work which he's put in the, work then you know what to do and you know how to get back to.
Speaker 6: It and it's a good.
Speaker 4: Defense it's an offense that puts a lot of pressure on. You our guys gave us a chance to get back in that. Thing we just came up short at the. END i wish we've done a better job in the first half of again getting points on the, board and we hold him to fourteen on a short. Field so, again there's just there's a lot of THINGS i got to do.
Speaker 18: Better if there's anything you can take away from the fourth quarter where That jake can takeawy should say from the fourth, quarter you know where you guys found something on, Offense you guys were able to score after last.
Speaker 4: Touchdown, YEAH i Mean I've i've had a lot of games like that here where it looks bleak and our guys find a way to. RESPOND i would Say jacksonville falls in that. CATEGORY i thought we were gonna win the game when we were kicking the outside kick that they recovered there at the. End it just felt like one of those those deals where we were gonna find a way to go win the. Game and that's JUST i guess that's JUST i believe from the guys in the locker room That i've seen this happen with us, before and that we're gonna figure it out and someone's gonna step up and make a play and we're gonna go win the. Game and that's that's HOW i felt until till the very end there in the last two. Minutes to stick, TOGETHER i, mean IT'S i don't like giving a message three weeks in a row.
Speaker 6: WHERE i appreciate the heart and we're sticking. TOGETHER i.
Speaker 4: DON'T i don't like. That that's that's not what THE nfl is. About THE nfl is about winning games and and moving on to the next one and create some momentum for. Yourself by different parts of this. Season it hasn't been these last three. Weeks we're allowed to start. Now AND i do believe in these. GUYS i, mean that's that's WHAT i just told.
Speaker 6: THEM i believe.
Speaker 4: It If i'm betting betting on this team to find a way at two and, three five games, in to find a way to be in contention for everything that.
Speaker 6: We wanted to.
Speaker 4: Do there's a lot of football, left AND i believe we're gonna get it. Done different, again it's just the turners certainly hurt us. There there's two turnovers in the first, half so you weren't a chance to get into a. Rhythm the second, half we just got into a, rhythm did a great job protecting the, ball did a great job, protecting got some tough. Yards there's not a lot of easy runs against that, group SO i thought we found some tough runs over the course of that game and just found some. Rhythm and that's just that's The bengals when you when you get in a rhythm on, offense we score. Points and in the first half look at the drive drive, STATS i mean that there just wasn't wasn't good enough for in.
Speaker 12: There you talk about leaving no stone, Unturned what are the things you do the next couple of days to you, know whether it's, scheme whether it's playing, situations what do you.
Speaker 6: Explore, well that's it's still a seven day.
Speaker 4: Week we still got the packers get ready of and that's really no change from every week we have personnel. Discussions what scheme have we been relying on that maybe isn't good enough for? Us so again it's it's difficult to define that in this. Room but, again well we'll address everything we've got address.
Speaker 8: Any hope over the last three weeks or over the last two.
Speaker 4: Weeks, YES i know that we went into two really difficult road environments and turnovers killed us in the first. GAME i mean that game is a completely different game if we don't turn the ball over four times in the first. Half it's that's easy for me to. Say last week we hung in. THERE i did not manage the end of the first. Half, well it should have been exactly like this fourteen to three with our defense trying to get a stop to.
Speaker 6: Come out the second half to keep that a better.
Speaker 4: Game and so again there's a LOT i got to do better as a head coach to make make sure that we can build on some of the things that we are. Doing, Positively i'm just sit here and saying whether people want to, hear our defense has given us what we need in these first half of these. Games it's hard to sustain that over four quarters when there's turnovers and there's punts and there's no points going on the, board especially against teams like that In, denver who can do a little bit of everything and keep you on balance and call all their fun things when they're play. Caller seasons twenty one to. Three what's the worst thing that can happen IF i call this play and it doesn't. Work we're still up twenty one to. Three so we put them in an incredibly difficult. Bind and all they have done is bow up and try to do everything they can to keep our team in the. Game AND i got to do a better job is to play caller to bail them.
Speaker 11: Out you say in the.
Speaker 9: First half the defense is can?
Speaker 6: Do, however on the opening drive and for the five games the opponent has, Scored, yeah so the first drive is, tough but beyond that they've done a good. Job is there anything that you can change for that opening drive to NOT.
Speaker 4: I, mean it's it's something we're aware. Of it's disappointing that that's, again that's not something we can run. From so if we can get a stop on the first, drive we're going to be much better off the way that they have rebounded towards the end of those halves.
Speaker 19: With all the.
Speaker 17: Turnovers is there a scene that you're, Noticing.
Speaker 4: WELL i mean it's it's we're throwing into some some coverages where the ball can go. Elsewhere That's that's the simplest way trying to think through what some of them looked. Like And jake would sit here and say the same. Thing it's not something you we're gonna, hide you. Know and so we got to take care of the. Football and punting is not the worst thing in the. WORLD i don't want to, punt but sometimes we're gonna have to. Punt flip the. Field you could just feel the field position was really never in our favor early in the, game like we're always backed up inside to, ten and so we got to do a Better. Jedi we just gotta win the turner. Battle we've got to dominate, penalties we got to win field. Position we got to do those three things to beat some of these teams we're going to, play and we haven't done any of. That, yeah because these guys have, Heart like our great, players they got. Heart are everybody our. TEAM i mean it's IT'S i look there and there's there's no one giving, up no one feeling like here we.
Speaker 6: Go we're.
Speaker 4: Down whatever the score was when it was at its, worst twenty to THREE i think it. Was and then you're sitting there at the end of the. Game we got a, shot we recover an Onside, kike and they're going to tighten up a little. Bit and SO i am proud of our group for how they, fight And i'm looking forward to sitting at this Podium, sam proud of the way we found a way to. Win that's That's i'm very confident that's gonna happen.
Speaker 18: In the week about you, know urgency and how you kind of welcome a persu. WHATEVER i, know obviously NO nfl team like wants to, lose, obviously but do you feel like you saw some of those freees in that.
Speaker 6: Fourth, order you know that this team has. Character that is something that will carry you through AN nfl. Season we have, talent we have.
Speaker 4: Character our head coaches do a better job managing the first half and giving us a chance to play with the lead in the second.
Speaker 6: Half that's It's it is as simple.
Speaker 3: As Zach taylor summing it up. Up, next a little bit more From Jake, browning who without question took yesterday's Perform it's. Hard you'll hear from him and we'll react as we continue With Bengals line on The Bengals Radio network in seven HUNDRED. Wlw back On Bengals line in This monday night on The bengals's a radio network in seven HUNDRED. Wlw Lance pacallister alongside Is Dave. Lapham let's get more from the. Quarterback tough day for The, bengals tough day For Jake. Browning he talked about it after the. Game you feel like there's anything you can take away from the fourth.
Speaker 18: QUARTER i know you obviously have your frustration for the three packs that you feel like there's anything you can take away for, him and that says, like, hey you know What i've done in the past is still.
Speaker 3: There you, know we just got to find a way.
Speaker 18: To start faster and not have those, turnovers and at least there's something you can take out of.
Speaker 7: That, YEAH i mean maybe, tomorrow but right now it's when hurts AND i feel LIKE i let the team. Down and you, know, YEAH i, mean, yeah we scored some points in the in the fourth quarter and later in the, game but LIKE i, said he tow three. PICKS i, mean right, Now i'm sure there'll be some takeaways from that, tomorrow but right, now this one. HURTS i feel LIKE i let the whole team, down AND i feel LIKE i let the fans. Down and you, know LIKE i, said there's no hiding from. That LIKE i did not play well enough to win the game, today AND i need to find ways to, improve AND i.
Speaker 8: Will you, Know i'm never gonna fold.
Speaker 10: Or anything like.
Speaker 7: That Like I'm i'm gonna spend a lot of time here in the facility this week trying to find ways to get better and put us in a situation where we can win some.
Speaker 8: GAMES i, know.
Speaker 15: Losing sucks a whole, ways but this, one just this one feel worse than the last.
Speaker 6: Two it just sounds where feel worse for.
Speaker 3: You than the last.
Speaker 8: TWO i, MEAN i just feel LIKE i feel LIKE i let the team.
Speaker 7: DOWN i feel like my turnovers put the defense in a difficult, situation didn't allow the offense more opportunities to make. Plays SO i, MEAN i don't know about like comparing. Losses, YEAH i mean it hurts right now for, sure and you, KNOW i think it.
Speaker 13: Should you mentioned that there's obviously a lot of, games ten, games twelve games, left whatever it.
Speaker 3: Is does that give you hope that you have plenty of?
Speaker 17: Time?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Right, YEAH i MEAN i Think i'm looking at one day at a, time and you, know just LIKE i, said just spending as much time AS i can on tasks to try and find a way to make some.
Speaker 8: Better, decisions start faster and play.
Speaker 7: Better and so you, know whether it's you, know a bunch of games not that many, GAMES i think you gotta take it day by.
Speaker 8: Day it's a long.
Speaker 7: Season but you, KNOW i felt like my sense of urgency was was high this last. WEEK i feeling like we got to play, better AND i mean to even higher, now LIKE i.
Speaker 8: Need to play but play. Better took some pretty good shots in the.
Speaker 1: Outside so.
Speaker 8: Fine, mentally just extremely frustrated with my performance.
Speaker 2: Four half.
Speaker 10: Come.
Speaker 8: OUT i feel, like you, know, hey.
Speaker 7: Yeah, YEAH i mean our, Defense LIKE i, said there's a lot of people in the locker room that played winning football to. DAY i think our DEFENSE i put them in some awful, situations and you, know to only give up fourteen points in the first half was h was impressive by, Them and you, know, YEAH i think at any point during the, game it's Not i'm not going to sit out there and, quit and so, yeah you just keep pressing, on pressing, on pressing on and trying to get some momentum on.
Speaker 8: Offense and we, did you, know we, did but it was too. Late and.
Speaker 7: But, yeah, yeah that was the hope going into halftime is double them, up you, know trying to get a touchdown that first, drive making fourteen to ten and then after a pick WHERE i was trying to force something that wasn't there and it was. Stupid is the approach after a game.
Speaker 9: At the time and.
Speaker 7: ANYTHING i, MEAN i think we got a good locker, room AND i, think you, Know benning for a, WHILE i know a lot of the, guys you, KNOW i feel their, support WHICH i, appreciate but you, know as far As i'm, Not i'm not Gonna.
Speaker 8: Everybody's been very.
Speaker 7: Supportive but at the end of the, day this is a results business AND i need to play. Better so you, Know i'm not going to really say anything that teammates about that, LIKE i think they know That I'M i work really hard at this And i'm And i'm it's not lack of, effort it's, just, uh, YEAH i.
Speaker 8: Made some bad decisions and lost the.
Speaker 5: Game, jee where Is mike is?
Speaker 1: Sick you been in this?
Speaker 5: Offense it feels like the last couple of games he's spent a bit of a.
Speaker 10: Non factor in the.
Speaker 7: OFFENSE i, MEAN i Think mike is is obviously a go to target for, us AND i need to find a way to get them the ball. More you, know some of that is personnel, stuff whether he's out there or. Not that's a that's a coach's. Decision BUT i, thought he you, KNOW i THINK i feel comfortable With mike in, there you, know winning versus man and so you, know, yeah they'll find a way to get them ball.
Speaker 10: More like you were Targeting andre a lot?
Speaker 16: Today was that matchup?
Speaker 7: Dependent they were Doubling tea And jamar a, Lot So dre Had dre And mike had the one on ones and so, YEAH i think that's probably where that came from, You.
Speaker 8: Just like, Tonight it's SOMETHING.
Speaker 7: I think something like this hurts and it should BECAUSE i care AND i AND i want to play better AND i work really hard at this and you, know not that anyone should really care THAT i work harder on his performance based, league but, yeah it, hurts and it should and, uh you, KNOW i feel a great responsibility to get back on. Track AND i think for, me Anytime i'm going through something, difficult it's just you, know double down on, work work, ethic and you, know see it all the way. Through and whether it's better or, not you, know that's that's to be determined and and that's the. Unknown BUT i will not be because of lack of effort and lack of dedication to trying to get better and put our team in better situations to Win.
Speaker 3: Dave jake was very hard on, himself AND i would think that goes a long way with his teammates who, one they they love him and respect him to begin. With but it's hard not to listen To jake yesterday and not feel for him and want to be there with him to get this. FIXED i think a lot of people in Watching jake yesterday feel for him because it was a difficult, day.
Speaker 2: Very difficult for him lance and he was totally vulnerable about. It, yes that's the good word AND i THINK i think the fan, base you, know if they're human, beings AND i think they, ARE i mean they can appreciate. THAT i know his teammates. CAN i, mean his teammates were feeling it for. HIM i mean they were their their hearts were broken For Jake browning because he was hard on. Himself there's there's no. QUESTION i, mean probably too hard on, himself to be quite. HONEST i, mean he was shouldering all of the, blame every bit of, it and that's not.
Speaker 3: Fair it's just not.
Speaker 2: FAIR i, mean there's everybody is u is part of the reason you win football games and also part of the reason that you lose football. Games and they all have to accept their their part in, it the responsibility that they that they had in the effort that was put forth.
Speaker 3: Yesterday still, ahead we'll hear From Barrett carter really cool addition of fun facts With Dan. Horden we'll Talk Green Bay packers in Lambeau. Field It's Bengals line on The Bengals Radio network and seven hundred w L. W we continue cruising right along on This monday night Of Bengals line on The Bengals Radio network and seven hundred w L W Lions, Bacallister Dave. Lapham we love What Dan horde does each week with his fantastic Fun, facts a chance to get behind the scenes and learn a little bit more about Different bengals and members of the. Organization this week in The, spotlight the rookie the fourth year rookie line backer out Of, Clemson Barrett. Carter here's fantastic Fun. Facts, no.
Speaker 17: Just take fun facts With dan or time for some fun facts with rookie Linebacker Barrett. Carter born In chicago but raised In, Swanee, georgia Near. Atlanta, BARRETT i read an interview where you, said ALL i want to do in life is make my parents.
Speaker 16: Proud tell us a little bit.
Speaker 17: About, them what they did or do for a, living and what you admire and respect so much about your.
Speaker 3: Folks.
Speaker 20: Yeah, so my, mom she's an interior. Designer slash do it all, mom slash every.
Speaker 16: Everything. Mom she really does it.
Speaker 20: All but she's an interior, designer, helps you, know design people's, houses and you, know people will just hire her and you, know give her money and tell, her you, know just make my house.
Speaker 16: Beautiful and that's what she.
Speaker 20: Does then my, dad he's a financial, advisor a wealth, manager so he's really my personal financial, advisor.
Speaker 16: So it's good to keep that in.
Speaker 20: House but WHAT i really love and admire most about them is just how supportive they. Are like with my sister AND, i they really just let us figure our own lives. Out like they didn't force us to do. Anything they just, said if y'all want to go run through a brick, wall then we're going to support, you like, wholeheartedly with no no, doubts and just they just let us figure.
Speaker 16: Out our own lives.
Speaker 20: Out that's just WHY i love and admire so much about, them AND i hope THAT i can be half as good as parents as they were to my sister AND.
Speaker 16: I so they're the best older or younger sister older she's six years? Older how old AM?
Speaker 3: I twin?
Speaker 20: Two yeah she's six YEARS i have to do that math every, time but, yeah she's six years.
Speaker 2: OLDER i do the.
Speaker 17: Same with my older. Sisters when did it become clear that you stood out among your peers in?
Speaker 2: Sports?
Speaker 16: HMMM i would say my eighth grade year in.
Speaker 20: Football LIKE i played football just always because it was so, fun AND i was also like the biggest one on the. Field SO i was JUST i GUESS i was NATURALLY i don't want to say the, best BUT i was pretty. Good but then my eighth grade, YEAR i was JUST i was pretty, dominant and that after that year it just really showed me THAT i can maybe do something with. This and fast forward to my freshman, YEAR i got my first scholarship, offer AND i was, like, wow like this is really like What i've been working towards every single day and now it's like really becoming a.
Speaker 16: Reality and that really just made me work even.
Speaker 20: Harder just to not just or to just keep stacking offers and just keep any more attention from.
Speaker 16: Colleges SO i would say in my eighth grade and.
Speaker 17: Then going to my freshman, YEAR i, know you played offense early in high school and then got switched to, linebacker and reportedly you were devastated by the. Change have you grown to love? LINEBACKER i, Have and it WAS i literally wanted to quit.
Speaker 20: Football but the next day WHEN i GOT i. SWITCHED i was running back, RECEIVER i switched the, linebacker AND i was almost quit. Football then the next DAY i got my first scholarship. Offer SO i, mean The lord works in mysterious. Ways But i've grown to love this side of the ball so, much AND i love how how hard it. Is like you, Know i'm not saying playing offense is, easy but you, know when you're playing, defense you have to re whatever the offense is doing and you don't know what they're, running and all he can do is go off of your, preparation your, studying your film and just you, know just Your god given. Ability BUT i love that, defense that challenge and how precise you have to be and how on point you have to be with your. Keys AND i embraced that, challenge SO i WOULDN'T i wouldn't change my path AND i wouldn't want to have it any other.
Speaker 16: Way SO i love the side of the ball playing.
Speaker 17: Linebacker you Attended North Quinnett High. School that's the alma mater of A bengals fan favorite tight end Cj. Uzama did you hear ABOUT cj from coaches and teachers and have you ever MET i. Don't we've met before because he came and spoke to, us but like, surprisingly we actually lived in the same. Neighborhood we lived in the same neighborhood back In, georgia but just growing up In. Swanee you always heard that, name and you, know you always wanted to strive to be like those older guys who paved the. Way AND i just have so much respect for, him just what he did in the league and how he always came back to his community and just gave his, time his.
Speaker 16: Knowledge and his wisdom.
Speaker 20: Back and you, KNOW i hope THAT i can be something like that and, more just keep giving back what was instilled into. Me SO cj will always be a legend in my, eyes a big brother and you, know a, great a great man to look up.
Speaker 17: To you were one of the top linebackers in the country your senior year of high.
Speaker 8: School you could have gone.
Speaker 17: Anywhere where did you?
Speaker 16: Visit?
Speaker 3: WHO i?
Speaker 20: Visited clemson, Obviously, Georgia, Alabama, auburn And Ohio. State so those were like my final final, five AND i ultimately Chose clemson just because it was the right fit for. Me you, KNOW i was looking for a place WHERE i can you, know grow in all areas of, life and you, know not just talking.
Speaker 16: About, football but all.
Speaker 20: Areas and you, KNOW i can truly SAY i walked Into clemson aboard AND i came out of Man and that's all THAT i was looking, for and you, know the football stuff is going to handle. Itself but so WHAT i, did WHAT i was able to commissate was is a blessing AND i wouldn't trade those four years for the.
Speaker 16: World but, yeah those are my those are my finalists and the place THAT i.
Speaker 17: Was visiting it certainly worked out. Well you run some great teams At. Clemson your team made it to The College Football playoff last. Year what was the best part of your overall college. Experience i'll Say i'll give one on the field and won off the. Field i'll say this is going to be. Surprising my junior, year at, worst we were four and, Four like at one, point we were four and four throughout the.
Speaker 20: Year and if you know anything About, clemson anything about their, fans they're very passionate about that. Team and being four and four In clemson is not not a sweet place to. Be and SO i would say finishing off that year and winning The Gator bowl in the way that we won, it like it was just.
Speaker 16: Special AND i cried after that. GAME i cried after we won The Gator bowl and it was just such a special win for you, know we were four and, four and we rallied and.
Speaker 20: We finished off the season nine and, four and it was just carry so much momentum to the next. Year so that's on the field and then off the, Field i'll say graduating just because after my junior, YEAR.
Speaker 16: I was unsure IF i was going to leave or go or come.
Speaker 20: Back and it was a really tough decision weighing on my, heart AND i decided to come back AND i, finished AND i set out that was my goal to, graduate Be All, american be a team, captain and that's WHAT i. Did and SO i came back AND i, graduated and that was such a big accomplishment for.
Speaker 17: Me since twenty, twenty college football players have been allowed to wear the number. Zero you were the first player to do it At. Clemson was that a big deal to?
Speaker 20: You, HONESTLY i didn't realize it was a big deal, until LIKE i got To, clemson BECAUSE i committed To, clemson AND i texted Coach, shwini, like what single digit numbers do you all have? Available BECAUSE i were number one in high, school so it was just WHAT i was used to and now he said zero's only. THING i was, like all, right let's do. It and THEN i get To clemson and like they had, There like you, said there was no zeros, before and THEN i was the first one and all like that's like all forever being history just Because i'm the first number.
Speaker 16: Zero so it was.
Speaker 20: Special AND i hope that you know that's just a legacy At, clemson just for decent players to wear that number and just keep carrying on that. Tradition SO i hope that you know that's that's that's gonna become a thing At. Clemson we're chatting With Barrett. Carter you were a fourth round picking this year's. Draft describe the moments leading up to the pick and then the feeling you got when the phone Rang the most, stressful nerve wracking time of my whole, life because the whole process.
Speaker 16: Is so like you don't know.
Speaker 20: Anything like you can you can get all these, predictions you can talk to your agents and acts like what are they saying, Whatever but until you get the phone, call you don't know what's going on in that draft. Room SO i, mean i'd be lying to you IF i told you all IF i THOUGHT i was gonna go fourth. OUT i THOUGHT i was gonna go. Earlier but you, know the lower makes no. Mistakes and you, know WHEN i got that phone, call it was the best feeling in the. World just all the weight on my shoulders were just completely. Lifted AND i was, LIKE i was immediately just, like let's get to. Work LIKE i cried so Much friday night BECAUSE i didn't get my name, called AND i was pissed off AND i was just so, much so many different. Emotions but WHEN i SAW i think it was a a five to one three area, code that's. Yeah SO i saw the five one three AND i Saw, CINCINNATI i was, like let's do, It, like let's get to. Work AND i was just ready from that moment on And i'm just ready to just leave my leave my market In.
Speaker 3: Cincinnati Barrett carter the subject Of Fantastic Fun facts this. Week for more for the rest of that, interview of, course listen to The Bengals booth podcast or go To bengals dot. Com dan does a great job with those each and every. Weekend From Barrett. Carter the fourth round Pick Dimitrius Knight junior some young fresh blood infused into that linebacking core for The, bengals and so far it seems so. Good they continue to develop and show some flashes along the, Way, DAVE i agree with you very. Much.
Speaker 2: LANCE i, MEAN i Think Barrett, carter who wore zero when he played At, clemson by the, way so that's that's kind of a number that that attracts a lot of. Attention you, know not many guys wears. Zero so you have to be, confident you, KNOW i think in yourself and your abilities to wear. Zero AND i Think Barrett carter is very confident in himself and what he can do on a football. Field And Demetrious night we had him on our show during the course of the week here and he was, OUTSTANDING i, mean very very savvy football.
Speaker 3: Players and talk about, maturity, YES.
Speaker 2: I mean he's he's married with. Child you, know it's like he's a he's a family. Man so he's wearing number forty four for The, bengals And Barrett carter's wearing forty. NINE a couple of backers that that are getting after for The Cincinnati, bengals and, they're like you, said they're young and AND i Think LOGAN i talked To Logan wilson about both of, them and he's extremely high on both of. Them he said, that you, know it's, normally, uh young players make a myriad of. Mistakes and every every, game you, know the defensive coordinator and linebacker coach are just getting after him and correcting. Everything and and After wednesday's, Practice thursday's, practice same, thing shortyard's goal, line same. Thing he, Said these, guys, man it's like they're five year of. Veterans it's like they've been around for a. While you, know he, SAID i make. Calls you, know that's my. Responsibility signals come in from the sideline From Al golden and h AND i make the. Calls and these guys could do. IT i, mean you, Know i'm not gonna give it. Up i'm not gonna you, know that's one of my. Responsibilities i'm a captain of the football team And I'm i'm gonna have a big responsibility with the defensive football. Team i'm gonna make those. Calls but to have the comfort and knowing that there are young players that can do it and we'll be able to do it in a very very strong. Fashion when When i'm done playing football And i'm going to be watching The Cincinnati bengals play, football is and that that feels good to.
Speaker 3: Me, YEAH i love the fact final thought on A demetrius. Night and he's a little bit older as a, rookie but the, responsibilities it takes out a whole new light when you're playing for family and children and and and there's just a whole lot on his. Plate and with that comes the responsibility that he's accepted and he thrives on. IT i just his attitude is JUST i love listening to him talk about what the game means to him because he knows the game means supporting his family as a young.
Speaker 19: Guy.
Speaker 2: ABSOLUTELY i, mean the game means everything to him and everything to his, family you, know whether they realize it or. Not and his wife. Does his wife's a football. Fan she understands the game at a pretty high, level he.
Speaker 3: Said and and, uh she.
Speaker 2: Can be pretty critically said as, well and pretty tough on. Him you, know he's got and you know it's, like, okay well you wake up in the, morning you wake up pretty early because you know your, baby uh, crying you, know and and you're gotta heat the bottle up and you go give the baby the. Bottle and that's that's part of the. Responsibility before, long before you even think about what you're going to be down doing down at Pay. Corps then you have to come down here and uh and get beaten up uh in a physical, workout uh in the weight, room and uh then go out in the football field on a Workday wednesday Or thursday and knock heads with offensive linemen and lead lead blockers like big fullbacks and tight. Ends and, yeah it's a very interesting interesting world when you're when you're married and a young football, PLAYER i can, ABOUT i can attest to, it vouch for.
Speaker 3: It you, Know i'm.
Speaker 2: Marry and then, uh right right before week before training camp started and, yeah we got married and uh OFF i went and it, was, uh it was interesting.
Speaker 3: To say the. Least you didn't honeymoon In wilmington and the dorms. Did, no, no, no, no. Noney the honeymoon was, uh the honeymoon was later and. Good, yeah we went south and had a real good. Time there you. Go, well that's a whole nother show or a. Podcast take it. Out i'll take a time to. Continue It's Bengals line on The Bengals Radio network and the seven hundred w L w down The stretch we go on This monday night final couple of segments Of Bengals line and The Bengals radio network in seven HUNDRED Wlw lance But cavlis are along With dave Lap. Them next up The Green Bay packers to one and one coming off of. Bye then when we last we saw The packers on the field Day Monday Night, football they played to a tie forty against The Dallas, cowboys so to one and. One when you Think Green Bay, packers there's a lot of. Things you think we'll get To lambeau here in a. Second jordan loved their quarterback and the new Didition Micah, persons who's certainly somebody The bengals will have to be aware about uh and aware of his whereabouts Comes, sunday no question about.
Speaker 2: IT i, mean he is a guy that can be, here, there, everywhere so. BEWARE i, mean he is an unbelievably gifted. Athlete he's got unbelievable, explosion incredible body. Strength and he's not A he's not a huge. Guy you, know he's maybe six to one, potentially you know, maybe but he's he's, stout he's put, together he's been in the weight. Room, uh he's got immensely strong. Legs he's got uh a thing that in my, mind separates him from the rest is his. FLEXIBILITY i, mean he's like a rubber. Man he can bend man when he when he comes off the off the football and he's got that quick.
Speaker 3: Twitch you.
Speaker 2: Know the other thing he's got is that quick twitch deal where everything's explosive and in sudden and and he comes off that line of scrimmage and and all of a sudden he's got that hand on your show her and he's ripping up underneath uh with a with an arm lift and shrinking the shrinking the.
Speaker 3: Corner this guy, man when he comes around that, corner the bend that he.
Speaker 2: Has it's almost like he's got his head six inches from the ground and he's still. Running you, know how the hell he does it is beyond, me but he. Is he's a unique football, player to say the. Least he's making a lot of money and you know a lot of people around the league think ridiculous, money too much, Money Jerry jones.
Speaker 3: FELT i, mean If Jerry jones thinks it's too much, money it's a lot of. Money.
Speaker 2: Right, so, uh you know he has moved on and uh and he's HE'S i, mean they they signed him to be a one man wrecking, crew and The bengals gonna have to pay a lot of attention to. HIM i, mean you're gonna have to double team. Him you, know every time it's a third down and pass rush, situation you got to put two on him guardian, center maybe a back chipping and get him out of the backfield. Late He, uh he's earned that. Right he's a hell of a.
Speaker 3: Player and uh a quick thought on their, offense we were talking about the lot being balanced To Jordan love throwing the, Ball Josh jacobs running the. Ball they have thrown it one hundred and twenty one, times they have rushed it one hundred and twenty one, times And dave last year was the first time since two thousand and three they actually ran it more than they passed. It so they have no trouble finding their balance now they.
Speaker 2: Don't that's a big part of what they're all. About and that's amazing to run it the exact same number of times that you've thrown it in TODAY'S. Nfl, YES i mean back in the day in the, seventies you know a lot of, teams teams might have done, that but now when everybody wants to just grip it and rip it and get the ball down the field as quickly as they possibly can to as many different people as they possibly, can run as many different formations motion window. Dressing you, know it's, like, man that is one hell of an accomplishment to commit to being that balanced and then staying that.
Speaker 3: Balanced take a time, out final. SEGMENT i got to get your thoughts On Lambo field as we wrap things up after, This It's Bengals line on The Bengals Radio network and seven HUNDRED. Wlw all, right let's do this final segment of the night to wrap Up Bengals line of The Bengals Radio network in seven HUNDRED. Wlw bengals at Lambeau field On Sunday day By mike Count as a, player you won there in nineteen seventy, seven you lost there in nineteen. Eighty certainly you've been there as a. Broadcaster but for someone who's never been to lambeau including, me for those, listening you've never been, there describe what stands out about Lambeau. Field Lambeau, FIELD i mean. Historic some unbelievable games have been played. There The Green Bay packers And Dallas cowboys had so many Battle royales, there you, Know landry And. Lombardi it's, like, WOW i can just close my eyes IN nfl, films you, know boom there it. Is it's a and is it in the middle of a. Neighborhood that's the crazy thing that you're like driving through there's houses in a neighborhood and, like oh, YEAH i mean it's a it's an.
Speaker 2: Institute it's a, cathedral you know. It it's a football. Cathedral uh in football and and uh up there In Green bay is. Religion so, CATHEDRAL i guess kind of makes a little bit of. Sense but, man those people that fan base is totally serious about. Football they take football as serious as Anybody i've Ever i've ever talked to or or been. Around i've got in laws that in laws by marriage that that live up there Because, sandra my Son day's wife is up there and her, dad uh is a Huge Green Bay packer fan and, uh you know lives, breathe you, know uh eats Drinks Green Bay packer. Football there's there's no question about.
Speaker 3: IT i mean.
Speaker 2: Uh and and that's how it is up, There and it's a, big, one big community and the The Green Bay packer players most of them lived there year round while they decide to you, know because it's such.
Speaker 3: They get taken care.
Speaker 9: OF i, mean.
Speaker 3: People give them all kinds of deals on, cars, houses you, know you name. It AND i read this morning a guy a story about A packer fan who's been on the waiting list for season tickets for twenty five. Years when your child is, born you put them on the waiting list for season. Tickets that's that's. Incredible it is it.
Speaker 2: IS i, mean that's that's. Rare that doesn't happen in many places around The National Football. League everybody has waiting. Lists they're a waiting, list and then there are waiting lists that are In Green, Bay.
Speaker 3: Wisconsin all, Right, well looking forward To sunday and a chance to get back on track for The. Bengals thanks for hanging out with us. Tonight it has Been Bengals line on The Bengals radio network and right here on seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 1: Wlw this Was Bengals line on The Bengals Radio. Network Pay. Corps Pay corps is proud to be the OFFICIAL hr software provider OF Us Cincinnati. Bengals Ulti, fiber the Official Wi fi And internet provider of The Cincinnati. Bengals this is seven HUNDRED, wlw the home of The Fest bengals coverage