Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear more from We've We've been spoiled because we already got to hear a little bit of it when Greg came in and said, you'll never guess what I found.
Speaker 2: Yeah, clearing out the home office and came across this thing that's entitled Greg's Trip to England. Nice it's a journal or a sea be'st calls it a diary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'm.
Speaker 2: Of the year nineteen ninety two. Wow.
Speaker 1: So what's the difference between a journal and a diary? Laden lady?
Speaker 3: You want to be?
Speaker 4: Greg's journal doesn't have a lock on it.
Speaker 1: I think diaries do, yeah, and diaries you talk like a person.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, diary?
Speaker 1: What a day Greg was studying abroad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, cage and how just for the summer? It was fo Yeah, it was one summer. It was about okay, a total of three months.
Speaker 1: What'd you take when you were there, Greg, I.
Speaker 2: Took music appreciation, Jesus and English Lit.
Speaker 5: Did you like go around town at all?
Speaker 6: Or?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I mean it was most of it was.
Speaker 4: I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I lived on campus and I remember on day one. This is back in the days when I would smoke and I said, are we allowed to smoke here on campus? He said, allowed to You're on courage to elliot.
Speaker 1: I think I like it here, So you're just gonna open up to like a random page.
Speaker 2: Well, I went through because some of it starts with the actual travel to England, and then some of it is, and then the majority of it is in England obviously. So on July second, nineteen ninety two, this is how I realized, Wow, I haven't really changed that much, I guess it says, and I'm gonna read this verbatim.
Speaker 7: Okay, and Gina can prove I haven't everything.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting on the floor of the Newark Airport, by far the most crowded airport I've ever encountered. There were no seats, no available phones, and crowds everywhere. I walked past the crew and my next flight to London as they waited to get on board. All spoke with English accents, and they seemed in good spirits. But for now I sit and wait amongst the craziness of this tacky place. So when you do.
Speaker 1: Newark's like Newark sucks, Let's not so when you when you write like that, are you like playing a role in your mind like I'm about to summer at Cambridge. But I think like the way the cadence and the way that you're writing and the words that you're using sound see him in good space. But who do you think would care? How the flight cruising?
Speaker 2: I don't know this. This entire journal I forgot existed, and now that I'm reading it, I'm asking the same question you're asking what you like? Who am I writing this for? This is so stupid in the way.
Speaker 1: That you write it, Like it's like, uh, remember when Andrew Luck was still a quarterback for the for the Colts, and there's that that parody account as if he was like some kind of Civil War general. Yeah, yeah, I remember that, and he would write about the game about and in that way like those letters from Civil War soldiers sounded.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like you're writing out open, like an old.
Speaker 2: Timey style, right, And I never intended for anybody to read this. I don't know why. And then the trip continues. This is from the actual flight five forty eight am July third, nineteen ninety two. I watched a cheesy movie called The Cutting Edge. It was about figure skating rules. I didn't sleep since this time, since the last time I wrote in this quote journal, the man in front of me has been such a nuisance. It's crazy, rocking back and forth like nobody's business, right into my knees. All right, no, no plot twists, know nothing. I guess that was pointless.
Speaker 1: Okay, Are you afraid to fly at this point?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: No, because Memory used to be a traffic reporter and they would go on a plane every day, planes, helicopters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't mean that he wasn't like freaked out by like I didn't know when this crippling Yeah, it really kind of started.
Speaker 2: The anxiety and fear over everything. It just slowly just started building. So at this point I'm in England, this is I guess whatever. July, oh, fourth of July in England, nineteen ninety two. I just wound up at a place called Burger Delight and I had some deep fried cod and bland peas and fries with the worst ketchup I've ever had. I had a pint of beer as well. By this time, it has started to drizzle and the sky was black. When planes flew by, it was impossible to even find them. I took the London Underground over to Trafalgar Square. This place was unbelievable. There were more than a thousand people and five thousand pigeons. It's a place where you can feed the pigeons as they literally climb all over you. I of course didn't do this. I think I did get ish on my sleeve though. From Trafogger Square, I walked down the Mall, which is a wide brick road that leads to Buckingham Palace. The long, long, long walk was pretty much worth it. That's a good point, man. It's like Dad, Okay, now this entry, this will be the last one we get to. We can revisit this in the future, please, Okay. So now at this point I have taken the train out of London. I've gone close to Cambridge, and I'm staying at a hotel for one night before I go to move on to campus. After showering in the matchbox sized shower, I walked around town and I found out that Cambridge is just around the corner. It's nothing what I expected. It's not separate from town. I didn't look around much because I was so hungry. On the way to get a Turkish cheeseburger, two young girls about nine or ten years old turned to me. They crossed themselves. One of the cute girls asked, do you believe in God? I said sure and began talking to both of them. They walked with their arms around each other and giggled a lot. They said something about me, but I couldn't make it out. And as I walked back to the guest house, I saw the girls again. She fancies she fancies you, they said. Oh, it was so funny that I laughed with them. Imagine that, two hours in a foreign city and somebody fancies me. So now I sit watching British TV and I'm actually bored. I drank a kestral Logger, which comes in a black can, and it says very strong on front. I should have believed it. It was so strong that I almost couldn't bear it. It almost tasted like hard alcohol. It's just a hint of ail, quite nasty, but I forced it down. Since it cost one pound sixty five pence, I learned the hard way, and I wasted my pounds. I guess I'm gonna do something now what I'm not sure? Maybe rest or maybe walk or maybe vegg maybe even read.
Speaker 1: Creig What a whirlwind trip.
Speaker 2: Well, there's about another eighty pages or so. The people I met, the drinks I drank, the places I've gone, how I punted down the river cam, how I am classes. Oh, there's guest entries in here from the friends I made. I mean, this thing goes on and on and on. So don't you know what? Whatever?
Speaker 1: What, don't worry turn that dial?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, uh, it doesn't sound whirlwind yet. Yeah, but things are about.
Speaker 1: To go quick setting the state where you're just scratching the surface and what will be an ongoing series of entries from Greg's journal. It's journal unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I'm still looking for the Brady Bunk clog though. Yeah, I think I think it's in my parents attic.
Speaker 1: Yes, please, Yeah, because Greg was so infatuated with the Brady Bunch. We've told the story, yeah, that when he would watch the episodes, he would have composition books and he would yeah, he would like keep.
Speaker 2: The plot was about what happened? Were there any guest stars, were there any bloopers? Were there any continuity errors? What happened? What it aired?
Speaker 4: I didn't. I am not a fan. I thought I was a fan. I'm not a fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a fan.
Speaker 2: I mean, oh yeah, I have the Barry Williams book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that that that exists somewhere.
Speaker 2: I don't think I threw it away. Yeah, it's got to be in a box.
Speaker 3: Too much work.
Speaker 4: I would love your dissertation. I'm sure it's in there on Oliver and Tiger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I probably hated them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, anyway, they're nice. Nice work, Greg with the Yeah, the fact that you brought it in, I know, and I applaud that. I think I give Greg some credit here because Greg is so easily embarrassed.
Speaker 2: And I never thought I would like to share that. I didn't even know. I forgot it existed too.
Speaker 4: I was in a foreign country.
Speaker 3: Somebody all right, she basked this.
Speaker 1: This club is for you.
Speaker 8: You know the problem with the cyber truck, we're supposed to put all the bitches, dude, because.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get a.
Speaker 8: They run up to at red lights to try to get in, but they can't figure out the doors.
Speaker 2: Because they're not smart like you.
Speaker 1: That's true, because you're.
Speaker 2: A cyber truck driver and they're women.
Speaker 9: I will have that man know that. I made sure to take a photo of this.
Speaker 3: I was at the.
Speaker 9: Tesla charging station and what did I see? Sammy in a cyber truck by herself. Female cyber truck.
Speaker 2: Is at least one she's out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah she exists, yep.
Speaker 9: But yeah, it does help with breaking and entering, like besides it being bulletproof and stainless steel.
Speaker 1: You have to know to press the button. And yes, it has to be unlocked.
Speaker 9: Yes, I was thinking about that recently, like cyber trucks, it's with with all Tesla's there's no door handles. But I would really appreciate a self opening door feature elon.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, because minivans have that. I know every once in a while, Man, I'll get an uber or a lift and they.
Speaker 3: Show up with the mini van.
Speaker 1: Don't touch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I got to.
Speaker 1: Open the door like no, no, no, And even they get in and out of this thing, they have to push the button.
Speaker 3: I did get.
Speaker 1: I don't know what Tesla model it was. I was sitting in the front seat and the guy did open all the doors from.
Speaker 2: Think you could do that in the software update.
Speaker 1: From the touch screen because the door opened to the passenger side and then both back doors.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, it is in the app. You can do it, but i'd I'd like to have it right, because like the great thing about it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't the app, it was he did it from the screen, well, from the screen, from the drive screen.
Speaker 5: These like uber drivers trick out their cars. They even put handles on the doors.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what I'm talking about is I would like for it to open as I walk up to walk to it, because unlocks as I walk.
Speaker 1: Up to it because it has a bluetooth. I should A real man should have a cyber truck super manly. Yeah, I mean you are the you are the end all be all when it comes to what is manly? What is not manly?
Speaker 3: Hetero?
Speaker 1: Yeah, one thousand percent hetero. So cyber truck is supermanly. It's about I can't think of a more manly vehicle. Besides, like I don't.
Speaker 9: Know a tank, a tank or like or a bison that you've can lassoed yourself.
Speaker 1: What about Greg's journal like that? How does that rank?
Speaker 9: Well, you know what, it's very British and which and they're expected to be gay, so that's totally.
Speaker 4: Is it very foppish?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like men men journaling, Greg journaling is that manly? I don't hate it. Because it is a record of your deeds.
Speaker 2: That's what I do. Appreciate it about it now because I don't remember what I did forty five minutes ago, but now I can look back at to nineteen ninety two and think, wow, that was my life.
Speaker 9: We think about, you know, obviously, men at war is a very common thing where they would either write to their lovers back home or keep a journal.
Speaker 1: Sea Bass as a manly man, do you agree or disagree? These are things that a man should never do, no matter how long he lives. Shave below the neck.
Speaker 9: No, because if you want attention down there, you got to keep it clean. That's just going to make things easier for everybody.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I think they're talking more about like your chest, your back arms. Yeah, I thought about that recently, things.
Speaker 9: Like that, because I will admit that I fell part of the fad in college of that even though I don't really need to shave my chest, and did it, but I quit that pretty soon thereafter.
Speaker 5: I know the guys that shave everything, well, some guys have crazy hairytae.
Speaker 1: It's coming out the back of your T shirt. You gotta get rid of.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but there's nothing grosser than body hair stubble, not face double body.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah gross, I think And Gina maybe and Sammy you can help on. This is the perfect amount of body hair, not where it's all long and curly engross, but and not's double, but where it's just like one.
Speaker 1: It's not, it's just like a sheet, like a like a like a short haired dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I like body I mean I like chest hair. So yeah, okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, bass King of all manliness. A man should never have a name for his penis. Well, I think it's just trying too hard. You're not You're mis a funny guy at that point.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: A man should never skinny dip in daylight.
Speaker 9: I mean, if it's with chicks, that's okay, but in general example, the last the last time, God has been a long time since I skinny dips. We were at a camp in Alabama with the female staff after hours, and there were three or four of us of each of each sex in the in the the lake, which is pretty gross.
Speaker 1: They can back on it.
Speaker 9: Nothing happened in the lake, yeah, exactly, flesh eating bacteria and that was acceptable.
Speaker 1: But it was after dark and it was a co ed nice all right, uh A man should never consider, even for a moment, a two pay that's so sixties and seventies.
Speaker 4: Or well, hair transplant, that's the thing now right.
Speaker 9: Well nowadays right well. Bill Burr has an old bit about that. He's like he like, I got bald at the wrong time. It's like I was just I was if I waited like ten more years before that they finally perfected the technology. Because the guys who got the hair transplants in the eighties, I think he talks like little ant legs coming out of the forehead. Nowadays, more people do it. A number of celebrities have admitted to it, and it is unnoticeable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dane Tosh just did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then also like there's barbers on he did yeah, he got he went to Turkey. And then but there's barbers on that specialize in the to pay like they'll glue it, right.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I just think that's it's it's just too much or too too much of an effort for too little over a turn, and it is and it falls off, which it will.
Speaker 1: He looks, you look very foolish, looks so painful. Seven one four texting over I'm a contractor, cyber truck in the lumberyard.
Speaker 2: Not manly.
Speaker 1: Well, it's too new these days. I get it. You know, you guys are stuck in your old.
Speaker 9: Ways because a lot of guys still have the they're anti electric for that reason.
Speaker 10: Where's well?
Speaker 9: I mean, even though they had an F one fifty lightning which God discontinued.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was not selling.
Speaker 1: It looked like an F one fifty for the most part, but I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not sure who this guy is. This is an older gentleman. I don't I don't know if we're even supposed to know who this guy is. But uh, he had a he had to take agree or disagree. King of Manliness, Sea Beast.
Speaker 10: Several things a grown ass man should never do. The first is split a check with other men. That is that is the that is the most testicle free thing gets out there when men split up a check. You pick up the check this time, and your buddy should pick it up the next time. If you can't buy your buddy a dinner or a drink or vice versa, or your buddy's dinners, or don't go with them. Yeah, yeah, it gets different if the wives are involved and it's a four thousand dollars meal or whatever, but don't split a check or figure out who got the bread and who got the pizza and who got the beer and who got the scotch. Grow the fuck up, don't split a check. So those are today's grown ass man.
Speaker 2: Thanks. You should not do just one thing.
Speaker 11: But yes, yeah, yeah, he's got other videos and Joe I agree with him after the age of thirty, because when you're at poor as hell and you're you're twenty years old at the waffle house and yeah, you can't be doing that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, if you're all, like you know, established in your careers and you're married with kids and you're passing the bill around and you're adding it up, well, I did have a couple of the months of rellasticks so right, and he's exactly right.
Speaker 9: It does chack when there are dates involved and or it's a trillion dollars. But yeah, for average stuff, someone should just it should be unsaived.
Speaker 4: I love this guy. I follow him. It's Cogdell law.
Speaker 7: And he has another one saying any any man who takes a neck pillow on a domestic flight is a douche.
Speaker 5: Yeah, domestic flight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he loses them constantly.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I just took an international flight. I'm forgot the pillow.
Speaker 1: Here's another, here's here's one more from that, from that same dude.
Speaker 10: Several things a grown ass man should never do. A man that posts food pictures, what the is that?
Speaker 2: Don't know?
Speaker 10: A man eats food, or prepares food, or pays for food, he doesn't post pictures about the food that he is about to eat. And lastly, a grown ass man does not post pictures of his fat ass body on vacation. Guess what that trophy, wife, that you've got sitting next to you where your dad bought is hanging over the belt. That makes your ass look worse, not better. So, unless you're in shape, don't post vacation pictures with their shirt offs. So those are today's grown ass man things you should not do.
Speaker 9: I'll take it to the next level. You shouldn't be posting, okay, vacation pictures at all? What about food pictures? That's I mean, he's when he.
Speaker 7: Said that, I just went through my mind. I don't think I've ever seen a guy post a food again.
Speaker 1: Have you met?
Speaker 3: Although he said that's changed, But he said that's changed now.
Speaker 1: In fact, I was just out with Menace at a at the meal recently and somebody brought that up something, Hey, men's are just gonna get pictures.
Speaker 3: He's like, nah, man, he goes, that's that's done.
Speaker 1: Now that snapchats now not popping, because he used to be like you had to like push all the plates in the center and he'd be.
Speaker 5: Like, oh yeah, anymore, I mean I'll do something like, oh look at them way, Oh yeah I did, Like, yeah, I'll do like like a static photo, but it won't be like in the main feed. It would just be like a story or something.
Speaker 3: Okay, there are rules.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because we said we said it fifteen years ago.
Speaker 1: Who cares? But I think even medice has gotten to the point yet no one cares.
Speaker 5: No one cares that. Oh yeah, you will still want the res but you know.
Speaker 1: Uh here, I don't know who's this guy, Jeff, you found this guy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he talks about stuff that grown ass man shouldn't be doing as well, and he's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Gina loves him.
Speaker 4: I love in the guy in the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the guy in the car. Yeah you know his name? No, I don't let me look it up real quick.
Speaker 12: Yeah, all right, here we go ankle socks, wearing ankle socks.
Speaker 3: No, not the dude, this is girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now hold on, this is uh all right, here we go.
Speaker 6: There's three things I don't think you should be doing as a grown ass man. Let's get right into it. Number one is having asthma.
Speaker 2: Just breathe.
Speaker 6: You're twenty five years old and you ain't out grown ash Yeah, talking about anybody pomp broke can't handle air. That's a grown man, Loki. Number two collecting funkal Pops toys. You're collecting toys as a grown ass man. How about instead of collecting other than this, you collect some paesos, some bread, some dope, some mulah and have an honorable mention for you guys having a skincare routine. Just put some soap on the rag and wash your face.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's mister. Everything cool, Mister everything's cool.
Speaker 9: I mean, obviously he's Jeff a little bit about the asthma stuff, but everything else I think he's don't be.
Speaker 1: Based on some of his other videos that Jeff is playing, I don't know if he is kidding about that.
Speaker 9: I think it's one of those things where there's a reason that you know peanut allergies. If we're talking about that general class of things, skyrock togge skyrocket ted over the past fifty years because you know, people just wouldn't toughen up and breathe through it. What have we learned a couple years ago? And exposure therapy does working? I was anybody who has on a side note of that, anybody who has like, oh.
Speaker 1: The pollen. I can't stand the pollen. Yeah, yeah, get some clarton, Yeah it be fine. Or don't just deal with it? Yeah, don't man up?
Speaker 3: Yep uh.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: I don't know where this chick came from either, but here's a couple of more ankle socks.
Speaker 12: Wearing ankle socks and no show socks is gay? Sitting on a tube float in a pool?
Speaker 1: Is gay?
Speaker 12: Wearing shorts above your knee? Gay eating bananas? Gay using hand sanitizer?
Speaker 1: Gay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Jeff uses like NonStop hand sanitized mostly.
Speaker 9: I will I will push back on the socks thing, because when I see guys with when I see guys with socks up to their calf, I'm like, what do you especially at the gym wearing shorts and a T shirt?
Speaker 1: What are you keeping warming?
Speaker 2: I'll never stop.
Speaker 3: But it's very important.
Speaker 9: You know, I understand that in certain certain neighborhoods that's interesting.
Speaker 1: That's you know, sign But.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but like, but in general, socks, socks that go above your ankle, what for?
Speaker 2: That's the point?
Speaker 12: Eating anything with a spoon is gay. Wearing rings unless it's a Whiting band is gay. Being married is not gay. But proposing on your knees.
Speaker 1: Gay.
Speaker 9: I'm not sure who that is, but she's got clearly different tastes. Then let's say the hardcore Italians in the Northeast might argue on the rings thing.
Speaker 2: The mafia.
Speaker 3: I think it's weird.
Speaker 1: And we see a dude with a diamond ring, but not like a typical like a woman's engagement ring, but it could be a wedding band, but it's got the diamonds in it.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: I don't think a dude wearing diamonds. I think if if.
Speaker 5: It's like small diamonds all the way around, because and it looks like a rapper, Okay, it's kind of cool. But if it's just like a solid band that has a little tiny diamond, yeah, so weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen a guy with that really don't.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And with guy ring, do you bet have a real good reason for it, like it better be yeah, your dad's like marine corps or something.
Speaker 4: You definitely better you have gotten that on somebody's dead.
Speaker 2: Best the ring is a skull as somebody who's legally allowed to represent that side. I don't think rings in general and a guy are good. I think the one giveaway is thumb ring that is diving on top of the d gay like why, Like I don't know, it's kind of like a toe ring like you.
Speaker 9: It's kind of like it's a it's a fashionable accessory and as a man, you shouldn't care about being fashionable.
Speaker 2: And why is it on your thumb? Ye weird?
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe it's the only thumb that is uh, you know, girthy enough like a real man's sized, like finger, you know, to accommodate a man's ring. What you what's.
Speaker 3: Thin little girly fingers?
Speaker 1: If it's just for decoration, it's gay, you know, like.
Speaker 4: It's not holding your finger On.
Speaker 1: Eight seven seven forty four, Woody, you can send us a text over to two two nine eighty seven more Woody show's name.
Speaker 2: They were not what I thought they were I thought the only purpose the Woody Show was to make the outside world disappear.