Speaker 1: This is Rover's Morning Glory. Rover, I'm the smart one. I am never having sex again. Charlie, this guy's gonna hut me down. And Jeffrey, Oh my days every day look screaming on Roverradio dot Com. Rovers Morning Glory starts now, go morning. What's happening? It is Friday, July thirty first, twenty twenty six. Good morning, Controver's Morning Glory. I'm Rover. Douge is here morning, sir, Charlie is here?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: Sinceor is here? A Crystal is here? Hello? And mister Jeffrey and little Rock is finally in the firebox yo, and alive and thinking the Lord would be alive and doing fine, alive and doing fine, just not on time.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm only only about three seconds late, so better than being an hour and a half late. Yeah, true, okay, we're three hours later. You were with us as well. Eight six six Yo, Rover.
Speaker 1: It's the number eight sixty six nine sixty seven six eighty three seven. That's how you reach the show. Give us a call at that number. You can text I set that number that comes into the studio in real time. You can text the word menu to that number as well, it gives you options to set your name, your profile picture, to set your location, to even make a video call into the show if you text the word menu to eight six to six Yo Rover, we'll get to your email here in just a moment. We have a lot to discuss this morning.
Speaker 3: What is it to I think Schnitzer and I are probably on the same page.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, why is that we got an alert this morning? An alert? And then Jeffrey wasn't here. I thought maybe something happened to him. An alert? What kind of alert did you get?
Speaker 4: What was on our life three sixty app which this is something new. I've never seen this before.
Speaker 5: Hah, but it pops up a.
Speaker 1: Report of man swinging hammer at people near Jack Casino. Uh huh. So this was at five oh six am. So did you think and then Jeffrey right down the street from us? Yeah, yeah, you thought Jeffrey might have been attacked by a guy with a hammer or jeff a guy. He was the guy, But I didn't think that immediately. Well, we know that he doesn't react to anybody swinging a hammer. We saw the time that the guy had a was it a hammer or was it a baseball batter, a crowbar? Are you smashing a windshield in? And there's surveillance video of it. Jeffrey's just completely oblivious to this car that's being completely bashed in right behind him, completely oblivious and it's so loud. The guy's screaming, and Jeffrey's completely yeah right now, yes, hello hello.
Speaker 5: Oh if that was at five o six this morning, I was still doing my morning routine.
Speaker 1: Oh man, maybe so well.
Speaker 5: Anyways, if I if I, if something happened to me, you guys, I don't know how you guys would react, so good point.
Speaker 1: What do we notice?
Speaker 5: Uh, Kevin skull crack like like like a hardwelled.
Speaker 1: Egg, you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I'm just bleeding from my brain or something where I'm in the hospital. Probably didn't sensive care under have you sedation and.
Speaker 1: All that crap. Oh yeah, okay, any who.
Speaker 5: I also like to point out that there are four out of state vehicles at all of our heart parking spots like this place.
Speaker 1: A number of vehicles that are in the spot. Maybe that's why he's late. Maybe I did have a conversation with Keith Hodgkis about the parking situation here, and uh, he said, those spots are ours. Yeah, those are part of their lips that they pay for that. And I said that, so what I know that, And I just wanted to verify and maybe get it into his head that you're paying for this, this should be something that you guys defend. And then he told me that in his parking garage wherever he lives, that he you're you're not supposed to park for more than a certain period of time in some area or something, and they put a big sticker on on his car and it was impos pssible to get that sticker off because he stayed too long. Stayed too long, that was the punishment in garage. So he thinks we should get some big stickers and start putting out. Jeffery, go out and put the stickers on exactly. Okay, if you still have that, you have that security officer outfit I bought you a while back.
Speaker 5: Uh, it's not mean once it's in stories.
Speaker 1: We left it here in the firebox. I don't know where it's at.
Speaker 5: So anyways, I'd rather let Reels train the security guards do that.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think they're doing their job. That's the problem. They need to get neither are you, so I guess you know. Well, first of all, I'm not a security guard. Number one, you don't appear to be a radio host either. You can't turn on the microphone and you don't talk. Microphone is on. I's tried, dude, that's okay. Wait let me wait approximately four minutes and then we'll get the no microphone. Let me redece some email. Kevin Wright's were over. If you don't renew your contract, please work on getting those old CBS episodes onto the gap. Many people want to listen to the classic content and we don't have access to it. I'm a listener from the ninety two to three days and first time emailer. This would keep so many people around. Well I'll work on that, Kevin. But that's assuming that I wouldn't renew the contract. Maybe I'll renew a contract with CBS and then we'll have access to who else I do have access to the iHeart stuff. I mean, that will be a battle, but it's in the contract. And then they'll say they'll they'll come up with some sort of loophole in the way. Well, it's your contract, it's in your contents. Yes, exactly. Let's see here, I.
Speaker 5: Would venture to say, you own is just as much content from here.
Speaker 1: As you would have in CBS. Well, let's do the math. Yeah, okay, how long was How long did we work at CBS? You guys worked at CBS.
Speaker 5: My understanding is you worked here from two thousand and three at the time you guys came on the air, til about two thousand and eight when it came to our radio station.
Speaker 1: Right, So that's how many years? That's five years, all right? And then we came here you said in two thousand and eight, correct, all right? And how many years has that been?
Speaker 6: Ah?
Speaker 5: Me, See, I've been here fifteen about seventeen years, so two.
Speaker 1: Thousand and eight to twenty twenty six. Yeah, it's seventeen years, seventeen years. Perfect.
Speaker 5: Well let's say that's the only reason why I know that math is because I came to station two years I came.
Speaker 1: Here two years later. Ah. So that's how you do math. You don't actually use the numbers, numbers, but espaised on where you were what you were doing. Ah.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's a big help though, So I'm making sure I'm giving out accurate numbers here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just different kind of math, not Roman numerals, Sloman numerals, right, funny bja aga, it's never changed them.
Speaker 5: I think if you don't renew your contracts, it's to go and operate a food truck also be a stand up comic.
Speaker 1: At the same time. Oh, you just ruined his whole gig. That's what he had planned. He was going to do the big unveiling. Yeah, yeah, he's got to roll He stepped over my things. I couldn't. He rolls up the back door and he, uh, well, Jeffersons are going to be a stand up comic with your food truck. So yeah, he's gonna roll up the back door and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, backstage, folds out a couple of lights on my piphone. He does a stand up routine, and when he's telling down, he goes and runs his hood truck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back to the drying board. Then run my spot here.
Speaker 5: Yep, I don't know you you want me to talk of what your poison?
Speaker 1: Here? Dude, boy, what's the deal with tofu? Yep? That's Snitcher's stand up routine. I mean, I mean, I have to say this.
Speaker 5: This does have a deadpan delivery. You have a bedpan delivery? Uh No, I don't use bedpans. I use to totally, thank you very.
Speaker 1: Except when you're peeing in a coffee cup or crapping your pants. I mean that quite some time. Dude. When was the last time you peed in a coffee cup? I probably can't remember, Probably can't remember. A week, No, it's I probably. Like I said, I can't prop probably can't remember, right, I'll answer for you. Then A four days four days ago? Nice? Five days ago? No, But you don't remember. So how do you know that that's not true? Because I know I just don't. I don't remember. I don't keep tracking that kind of miniscule stuff. Let's see here, here's an email. Oh, we get so many of these. Dougie is an idiot? Is the subject two being sized? Turns right? You're over. I am definitely not on team Dougie because she is an idiot almost all of the time. But I was listening to a Friday Leftovers and she mentioned that her package wasn't delivered on Friday because of the air quality. I was actually talking to someone that delivers for Amazon. He said he refused to work on Friday because the air quality was so bad, and he wasn't the only one they called off, so she might have been right for the first time in her life. That was the Canadian Wildfeare air quality. Yeah, I didn't notice any interruption and deliveriesman Brian writes Rover. Maybe this was brought up before you talked about your sister's wedding, and I'm curious it didn't sound like Dougie was there. Don't they all vacation together and aren't they like family. Why wasn't she invited? M good question. Why weren't you invited?
Speaker 3: Well, it was a super small wedding. I was surprised some of your uncle like your uncles, weren't invited. So it was a really really small How many people do you think were there at twenty five? I mean it was really small. I would say, your other sister, now that's going to be a part.
Speaker 1: I would say, I don't know how many people were there, Maybe about forty okay, fifty, not max, probably less than fifty forty. I don't know. But Dougie was not there. No, No, my family knew it was either me or her. They chose chose me. Colin writes, I got married last year, so I'm definitely no marriage pro But the wedding is still fresh. On Thursday show, you mentioned not sticking to the dress code. I'm a rookie of weddings, and even I know that's a no no. Keep it short. You're likely Gea's father. You're definitely on the spectrum. And if you google our wedding venue, our picture shows up. First. Let me all right, let me see what the pictures ah look at that day. Now, what's the point of it's the point of like out this kind of crossing it up. Yeah, I don't want to be a talk slot. So he both in the Google search of the name of the place and the result the name of the place, he has put a black line through it. But it's the thinnest black line. It's just very easily you can read cannon distillery talk slot. Okay, interesting. Ps, We're off to Jamaica tomorrow to celebrate our birthday. So I will send Charlie any and all cannon ball videos. Oh nice, cool, So this is the guy that sends you cannon ball videos? Must be And then what was the name of the place where they got wedding? Where they got married? Cannon Cannon Distillery. Does that have something to do with the cannon balls. Maybe it's just leading up to the wedding. It's been doing it for like a year or two, sending me cannonball videos. Hmm, Rizzo rights, you're over. I know you are super pumped about this Idaho murders documentary. But HBO released an in depth Idaho murders documentary a long time ago, and Prime has one two. Netflix is just going to repeat stuff. I'm guessing the HBO one was from the Girls who Survived. I don't think I've seen that. I very rarely. Netflix is my go to app. The interface is good, it's snappy response. I don't load up HBO, man, and I'd never watch Prime, even though I have it. I can't tell you the last time I opened Prime. What's on Prime? Maybe during football season there's a game on Prime and I'll watch. But HBO will open occasionally, but not too often. It did watch?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Did I watch something on h remem oh Man? I started watching that that pan am one O three on Netflix? Jesus Christ, is that terrible? Don't waste your time on that. Yes, it's bad. I got through the whole first episode, and I'm gonna have to watch the whole thing. But then at the end it wanted to auto play the next episode. I go, don't do that. Then I went to the show and I figured there's three episodes. Oh my god, there's like eight episodes of this nonsense. It's it's just a bunch of people standing around just with like these pensive looks on their face as you know, the player they're overseeing the damn. It's just a lot of sighing and lips. Yeah, and occasionally, you know, like you know, a cops he's really had a rough day, or after he's seen a baby's shoe and he puts his fingers up and rubs the corner of his eyeballs. You know, he's he's at his breaking point. What's the one on? Peacock had said, way better with Colin, Yeah, maybe all I have to watch both. There's a lot of panham one hope three. We'll just stop watching the Netflix one clear now can't now. I actually ended up watching your second episode when I got into bed last night. I can't can't stop. I know, my wife's like, why do you finish stuff that's bad? I don't know, I can't help it. Dustin says, I watched Obsession for the first time today, and I can't get over how dark the movie is. You can't see it. I can't remember who said that on the show, but they weren't kidding. I think Crystal said that there was a complaint about it was a game of Thrones or something. Oh yeah, the last couple last season. Yeah, couldn't see anything. There's just shots that were just the screen was just black. Yeah, that's a complaint. And then what's up with the sound? Makes on a lot of things where you go, I can't understand what they're talking about, right, Like I put some titles on everything too, Yeah.
Speaker 3: How did they put the they go in the editing room or they're they're filming it.
Speaker 1: How do they not see what we see? I think, well, oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Or here, like there was a scene in a movie where they did a voiceover but the actor's lips blatantly weren't moving.
Speaker 1: How did they not see that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I see that occasionally from time to time, Like sometimes they'll change a line in a movie for whatever, and you can tell that they it sounds a little bit different and it's it doesn't match up, and so you could just tell like why they why did they change that line exactly.
Speaker 3: And if they're are they watching in person and not on the camera, and they don't say, can someone.
Speaker 1: Turn a light on? I don't that's a or hero? What did they just say? I'm assuming with the audio they're in a room just they got to think blasting with eighty two speakers so they can hear it. But like if you're listening on a flat screen TV mounted to a wall with those dinky speakers, you can't make out what the hell they're saying. Danielle writes, Hi, crew, I'm usually listening a few days behind, but I got word from a friend that I was mentioned on the show because you had a company outing to a Guardians game. Oh is this Danielle? Yeah, ohtoogie. She's a she's actually not the general woman for the Guardians. Now you'll see her out there. I saw her. We were at the games. She's out there on the field. And nice Dougie mentioned me as a highly accredited worker. That's in quotes. What does that mean exactly? She's a highly accredited it's.
Speaker 3: Got a great job. She works for the Guardians, she does work for them. She's on the field. She's very very important.
Speaker 1: Dougie, I appreciate the recognition, but I'm disappointed that you still don't comprehend that I'm a videographer slash camera operator. Years ago after Holy Moses Matrimony, that's where Jeffrey got married, remarried or renewed his vows to his wife, where I captured video of the events. You claimed I was the photographer when I corrected you after the event, you got snippy. Shortly after this happening, I applied to be the show's producer, but I was overqualified for this low paying position, but was passionate to apply. The infamous and incapable Alex was hired. Yes, Alex, the guy who lasted one week longer than that. It was good radio. I'll tell you that personally, Duchie, you did me a huge favor. That's my eleventh season as a camera operator, and I couldn't be happier. That's awesome. Although I would have loved to challenge you female to female, clearly one thing Caitlin couldn't do. Rest in peace, Kate, God, that was rude. I ventured to your section to find your big forehead for its debut on the JumboTron, but you were gone, lame.
Speaker 3: That's really nice, the worker of the Guardians being so positive.
Speaker 1: All she wanted to put you on the jumbo tron.
Speaker 3: Oh, they all have a photographer wanted to put me on the jumbo tron.
Speaker 1: Rover, whether you say it or not. Let me know where your seats are. Yes, I'm going to the game tonight. As a matter of fact, I'll look for your bald head if I can. That's me. If I can get there, I'll be careful. I will blind people my bald head on the JumboTron. It just got my ticket. Somebody sent me the tickets, and you.
Speaker 3: Know what I've always wanted to do. Yes, have you ever seen the seats like in the right at the the dugout?
Speaker 1: They got rid of those, Oh did they? What do you mean? Like the blow ones, the ones, the moodel that, Oh did they two years ago? The remodel. Let's wonder how you got them. I never even saw him for sale.
Speaker 3: No, I always see people. I would see some of the people here in them too. How do you get how do you get in that?
Speaker 1: That's cool that they redid it. But do you have good seats for tonight? Well, yes, we do, right behind home plate. I believe third row behind home plate. Danielle, if you want to get my big bald head on the jumbo tron, I think it's going to be. I'm going to be the one wearing the I Hate Dougie shirt. Oh, you could sell those at the game tonight.
Speaker 3: I hate shirt popcorn hot dogs.
Speaker 1: Wait, I think it's going to be beautiful. Danielle will be wearing one. He might be also. You know the you know the.
Speaker 5: Hard camera, that the hard camera, what do you the stationary camera?
Speaker 1: Basically, I'm sorry, I'm not aware of all the technical lingo. Yes, go on, so hard camera.
Speaker 5: Well, that camera the one that points, that's behind the pitchure that watches the pitch. You might be actually being that shot, because if you're only third, three rows behind home plate, you might be. You might be very nut shot. You know, it depends on how I don't have a camera's position.
Speaker 1: They I have the what is it the MLB whatever they call it. I don't know to watch all the games. And so when I watch a game, some o those pop them on in the background or whatever, and they've changed the seating behind. I think they did that two years ago or a year ago or whatever. I don't know, but yeah, you don't really see anybody. Maybe they I think they were like, that's distracting to have all those people that you're seeing behind home plate, so you really don't see anybody behind home plate. Now that the wall is huge behind home plate, so you don't really you don't see anybody. But I think that was kind of distracting. Like you'd be watching a game and you just see all these people bob their heads bobbing around in like this little sort of like undergrounds. I don't know how to even describe it if you don't remember, but it was like behind on plate, but it was it was like almost like a dugout like down there, so you just see the people's heads. They were kind of sitting below field level, if that makes sense, see the top half of their body, and then you'd see them dicking around and talking or on their phone or whatever. I agree, get to get that out of there. I don't need to see I don't need to be distracted by people back there. Matthew Wrights, Hi, Rover, I get. I just got my cchls chl. What is that? Oh okay? And I must have something to do with the guns and was wondering what guns you have and what holsters you use? Thank you? CHL. Was that concealed handgun licensees that? Maybe it's in a different state. I don't know what they call it there. Maybe that's what it is.
Speaker 7: CHL Chill Canadian Hockey League.
Speaker 1: Sea Holding Latino, Latina. If you're Crystal, let's see here, what do I well? You know that is a if you watch a movie or a TV show, these dudes are walking around with these guns kind of like just they'll put a gun in the back of their pants with nothing, and it doesn't really work that way. You can't be walking around like that. And guns are generally they're not real comfortable to carry around all the time. So I have a couple of different solutions depending on what the situation is. The one that I honestly like, it's kind of the dorkiest one, but I like these belly band holsters and it's like a I don't know, at velcrows, it's like a almost like a girdle really and you put this around your waist. But you have some options. You want to put this, you want to carry your gun up front, you want to carry it in bag, you have some options I what you want to do, and it's just you can also kind of slide it around if you get in the car, and then you can and then you're not sitting on the thing, and it's, uh, that's kind of what I like the most now in hot weather, though you might sweat a little bit. And I also have I also have some what they call pocket holsters. Depends, it depends on what I but like in the movies, it's always looks pretty sweet, like they have weird things that they're doing, and they're like, some guy will be carrying a gun on an ankle holster. How could you do that? Some dude's gonna some dudes to try to kill you or rob you, and you're like, excuse me, let me, let me bend down and get gone out of my ankle. That's usually the extra one.
Speaker 7: They usually have a couple on their backs inside their jacket and then when they you know, they get searched and the hand those over, they keep the ankle one and then they use that as like to plant it on the guy like he had a weapon or something.
Speaker 5: In a case of a chick cleavage hoster, you know, the gun right between the breasts.
Speaker 1: I do kind of like die Hard. I have I just duct tape it in between my shoulder blades so I can just reach.
Speaker 8: Oh at something i'd something Quick did in Harlem Nights when he blew out, He blew Jasmin Guy's brains out, and that's that scene where and remember it was laying like this.
Speaker 1: And he when he when he got.
Speaker 5: To Dominique's apartment, he was, you know, getting undressed anything like that, and he discovered it. She kept a gun under the pillow, and he was saying, he was kind of laughing, goes at the he thought.
Speaker 1: Oh, we have so much of comming. I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I thought I was the one when it's up a gun under the pillow. But he he then he thought, okay, this tick's gonna try and take me out.
Speaker 1: So so so they go through the.
Speaker 5: Whole steamy love scene and he goes like this, and he goes so Jasmine Guy pulls the gun out, clicks because he took the pullet ont he goes, well, this is personal ooh, right between the eyes and blank range.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a reference. It's the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: David says, it's Charlie chilling with my boy's up. Don't know what this is. There's a picture or something. Oh, he is up, He's up. He was that rubber fast. Uh he's a performer. Uh not recently. That must be an old pick, but he reposted it. I don't know what. Okay, Heather says. Charlie mentioned he's been adding lots of electrolytes from the new drink machine he has. He considered that this is causing his recent bathroom issues, not the DIARYA electrolytes can act as a laxative, depending on the ingredients and the amounts. Just something to consider. Really love the show, really for bad diary is she says. I don't know if that's true, but I didn't know it's weird. I went to that World Cup game, now that i'm thinking about it, and I went to the World Cup in Miami. It was hot, real hot, very very hot, and it was so hot that I heard that they were considering Now you know they're not going to do it, but oh, we might have to cancel a game it's too hot, okay or whatever. And then when you arrive at the stadium, they had all these stands and they're handing out free water, and then this little packet of electrolytes that you jump into the water and normally wouldn't. I wouldn't drink that because it's coming out of a big tank. And then I go, oh, but I did for I wanted to see what the electrot package was like. And it tasted just like lemonade. It was delicious. I don't know what it was called, but it was really good. So I drank that. Then I got home from that World Cup game and I had explosives. Oh really, Oh man, I thought it was Yeah, I don't know, it was bad. Maybe it was the electro lazers I got me. Carmen has just looked this up. What's what violation? What is this? This vehicle is parked illegally and is here by subject to towing and impoundment. Your license number was recorded? All right, Jeffrey, there you go. You gotta go go put these on all cars that are illegally parked.
Speaker 3: How did he get I can make copies of those and then we can laminate them.
Speaker 1: I think he did that. I think that's what he did. I don't know what looked like stickers. Oh that's oh that's not a bad idea, that's for sure. No, I'm not doing it. Yeah, don't make Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Don't do it, you guys, why not, Then you're gonna have to pay for their car.
Speaker 1: Why would you have to pay for the building doing that? It doesn't it's our spots. Wants our spots. The building isn't doing it. They're not taking care of their business. It's time to take back our spots. Were gonna take action, you guys. Oh yeah, all right, we're gonna start stickering cars around this place. I've got to take a break. We'll be right back on roverage Morning Glory. Hang on. They both think we're stupid. I don't know if you're acting stupid. We'll get back to rovers Morning Glory.
Speaker 6: Most crump in history.
Speaker 1: I saw that the I've heard this story sitting around for a couple of weeks, but I never got into it. And I saw that there was an update to this story, but just recently, like yesterday or the day before, so sort of change things a little bit. But there's a school district in upstate New York, the sale MANCA. I'm probably pronouncing that wrong, Central School District. They listen to what they did, this is so strange. They purchased a sixty thousand dollars humanoid robot from a company called Realbotics, and they said that they were going to call this robot Sally. And now it doesn't move around, it just it just sits in a chair or whatever. It like stands there just just whatever position you put it in. That's what it says, that long dark hair, and that Sally was going to become a teacher in their school and was going to you know, they're going to use it in in the school district there and uh, and people went bonkers over this. I don't know, do we have any video or pictures of this or anything, because I remember seeing this picture and it was really strange. It was a stark haired robot. I think it was holding a book or something. And my first reaction was, damn, that robot's pretty hot, seriously. And it turns out that Realbotics was a company that up until like a year or two ago, they were all about crypto and it was I think there was I think there it was like what was the name of the company before that, It was something like queens dot com or something like that. It was some sort of kind of scammy crypto site. And then then they pivoted, and they go, oh, we're going to get into robots because this crypto thing isn't working out for us, and so well, we'll get into robots. So they they they changed their name and they bought a company that makes sex robots, and then they said, well, we also want to branch out from sex robots, so we'll try to come up with some other robots that we can sell. And they came up with this idea to sell robots to schools. Now, how in the world a school would buy a sixty thousand dollars robot and go, oh, yeah, this is a great idea. What's that robot going to do? It's just I mean, I don't know it's the point of having the robot not just a speaker. I think they I assume maybe they were going to let students say, see when the when the story and people got outraged, you saw this story of this robot reading to the little kids. But that I don't believe is exactly what it was going to go on. I think it was. I think it's going to go to high schoolers, and I think that they were going to I think that they were going to like supposedly teach the high schoolers about about robots and robotics. So maybe it wasn't as bad as it seemed. But the picture that came out when they when they told this story that we've hired or that we've bought this robot. Do you have the picture of that? It was this dark haired.
Speaker 4: Robot that we find it because there's only blonde ones in that article. I found it, but I can't download the stupid things found.
Speaker 1: Out, but it can't downlout it. What is it? Like a weird format? Sometimes like images now on the internet. Are these really weird formats that anyway? Yeah? Yeah, look at this. Oh that's pretty cool. Isn't that weird? It's real and like the kids are all smiling and looking at her. But this was going to be for high school kids, not for these little kids. These are like six year olds or something. And people started going crazy, you're taking jobs from teachers and oh okay, and you're uh, you're you're you're gonna make our kids. It was is it gonna spy on kids with Chinese technology? I mean, they all sorts of weird stuff was coming out. I didn't realize this for high school kids, they're going to ruin the machine. Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I's a little sticky. What's this? You know? I aren't it? High school boys are? But so yeah, I thought it was for little kids, but it's not. It's it was for high school kids. And if it's if they're actually going to have a robotics class, that's not that bad of an idea, I guess. But people definitely did not like it. You have a your eyebrowser all furled right now? What are what's your problem with it?
Speaker 3: With the Oh, if it's giving extra attention to I didn't know it was for older kids. But if it's giving extra attention to kids, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Uh? Well, it's a robot number one, but but there there's still that contact.
Speaker 3: And the way that our society is going, isn't it going into robots?
Speaker 1: But not at this speed? So like this is not ready. This is not ready for prime time. This is a pretty useless robot that can do very very limited things, and to spend sixty thousand dollars on it, it probably is a waste of money.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing that you said with the people, you're taking it away from a teacher, a person, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think they're going to replace teachers with these with a robot. I don't think. But people were saying that it denigrates teachers and it minimizes the impact that they're having on children in a classroom when you put a robot in there, and so there's feel like a robot can do it. There's like no interacting, there's no what do you mean? Maybe there is like maybe they talk to the robot and then AI talks back.
Speaker 3: And I know for my daughter in high school, she has a lot of teachers that she absolutely loves. She'll go to their room, she'll have interactions, she'll do high fives, like they're like yet like they.
Speaker 1: Have personal relationships. So if you do put a robot in there. I hated my teachers when I was in high school. I hated every single I mean just every single one, almost every single one. I had a cool Spanish teacher. She was kind of young and kind of young and hot. She was probably in her early twenties, and what do you give me a dirty one?
Speaker 3: I think the only teacher was because she was hot.
Speaker 1: No, but she was cool because she was like kind of you know, she was closer to our age and so she was kind of cool and wasn't like real up tight and was you know, just she was like kind of like one of the kids almost. She was really cool.
Speaker 3: So that the rest of the teachers, if you go down that road right there, How are you relatable to a robot?
Speaker 1: What do you mean how you start talking this through?
Speaker 3: How are you relatable to a robot that doesn't get to know your personality?
Speaker 1: And dobot doesn't need to take the whole summer off. Robot doesn't take off one hundred thousand and six sick days. Robot doesn't have a page, she doesn't have a union. That's going to require all sorts of concessions when it comes to pay in vacation, your astirement and taking a way the human contact with their children. Like that's one of the things that I'm very appreciative of. Well, the way some of these teachers are sleeping with their students, my got it. I mean the number of stories that come out too much the charts believable, and they're all chicks. Like you think of these like when you think of a teacher sleeping with a high school student, you're always thinking of like a creepy dude. I were not anymore. I hear a teachers slept with student. I think, woman, exactly what is going on? And I just saw a story a week or two ago, and I could not believe this story. I don't even remember which one because there's so many of them now, but I think as a newer one. This teacher was so good looking. She is a really attractive woman, and she was sleeping with a I don't know how old the kid was. Didn't say I don't know a teenager is what it said. And this woman was, oh, what's the story behind it? Because I wish I could tell you which one it was. He could find her picture, but uh oh what was it?
Speaker 6: Was?
Speaker 1: The story? Ah? Man, I don't remember, but this chick was so like, she was really good looking, and I go, what is this? Why is this thirty year old sleep with with a fifteen year old boy or however old the boy was? Like, what's going on here? I can't figure this out? And this has never happened when I was in school. Like that Spanish teacher that I told you was hot, she was probably like twenty four. Never did I have any idea that or like even the slightest hope that she was going to put out to me because it just didn't happen back then. Now it's a weekly occurrence. I'm reading about a teacher. Can you find the teacher that just had sex with a teenage student just in the past week or something? If you do a if you do a Google search, it was a teacher teenage boy sex. Let's see here, you look at it. She has dark hair. I mean, oh my god, there's so many of these that come out. Yeah, maybe able to find it. Even what was she doing this lady on the left? Maybe, No, No, she's really she's really attractive. She's and it was. And then and then I read the story and the kid these boys are so dumb they can't keep their mouth shut, and they and the teachers are so brazen, Like you go, what are you? What in the so anyways, you're not gonna have that problem with with robots, Doc.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But the more that we talk it through, it's almost as if you're doing a disservice to the children, like this should almost be banned, Like you shouldn't be allowed to do this.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, I mean, eventually, once the robots get good enough, they'll be able to be used in nursing homes and schools. We're far from that. I don't think that that's coming anytime soon. Where I mean, look, I have robot vacuums and they barely work. So having a robot walk around at school and be able to do high functioning things, I'm not I don't think that's right around the corner. And we just have one so far one. Oh, as far as I know, as far as I know, that's the only story. Did you say? Changed so much outrage? People are like, these things be around our children?
Speaker 9: And is this her? Because here's a Facebook picture. Oh Jesus christ Man, she is hot. What you do sin are in middle school kids? I don't think that's her. The girl that I saw had shorter hair. I think I'll have this Florida.
Speaker 1: I don't even.
Speaker 9: Remember eighth grader. Oh my god, you're kidding men?
Speaker 1: So gross? What go back to that picture her in a bikini. This is a knockout. This is a look. That's a sexy grown woman with a twelve or thirteen year old. Yeah, she's twenty six, twenty six years old? What is she doing? I mean a fourteen year old? Do you know how many guys would kill the bee with this chick and she's going with some little boy. What the Oh my god. Anyway, speaking of robots, I saw that. Did you see the headline the other day that it said the US government has banned humanoid robots and power inverters which are used in like solar eras and stuff from China. Did you see that headline a couple days ago? Yes? Okay, she goes on, all right, how many humanoid robots are being sold into the United States. I don't know the answer to that, but apparently it was more than what I thought. It's not only humanoid robots. I'm reading something here that says that the administration announced that it's banning advanced robotic advices from entering the United States. And every story again it was all about humanoids, but they're worried about Chinas buying on us and things like that. But now I see that it's not just humanoid robots. It is any robot that travels over the ground, is software controlled and weighs more than four point four pounds. Crucially, that includes a doc. Now, what would come under the category of that everything? Your robots like your Yarbo would be an example. Yarba would definitely be an example that is weigh over four point four pounds. The vacuum robot vacuums, yes, I have all come from trying to every single one of those. I don't think any of them are made in the United States at all.
Speaker 5: I think sounds like to me China is finding a way to use ordinary commercial items in an effort.
Speaker 1: To spy on us.
Speaker 5: Disguise it as a commercial but a naturality going to use it. It's a piece of spike equipment disguised as a simple piece of you know, like a vacuum cleaner, lawnmower.
Speaker 1: Where the case may be, so all the sales are going to end, well, it doesn't say that in here. It doesn't give me any explanation in the article I'm reading about when does this kick in? How are they going to enforce it? I guess you remember there was I think we might have even talked about it. Dji, who makes the drones. They had a robot vacuum that they were going to release, and I saw a press release or I saw a product announcement or something about it, and then it never came to market. Because I'm always like, oh, I wonder how good that robot vacuum is going to be, and they make good drones. Well, it never came out, or at least it only came out for a very short period of time. They don't sell it. Whatever happened with that, Well, it turns out that they had such incredibly poor security that one man was able to access seven thousand Dji robot robot vacuums around the world. He just like, there's no security on him at all, so he can drive him around somebody's house. He can he can watch video feeds of what's happening in the house. Could you take pictures? Oh my god. Yeah. And sometimes I'll be in the shower and you know, it's a glass wall right there, and my wife will run that robot vacuum, and that thing's just it's staring right at me every passage. It's going right at the shower. You know that that's going somewhere to China. There's nothing there to see in your sor.
Speaker 10: You don't think this will happen with the humanoid teacher robots and somebody hacks into it. Maybe a pedophile watching kids all day long, just even that, just watching the times and stuff and yeah, I mean in secret that they it knows when it can say dirty things to them, or groom them in.
Speaker 1: A way anything.
Speaker 10: The flock cameras and watching people and stalking them, I just don't see I see people doing that as well.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be that, it wouldn't be on the top of my priority list of things that I would be worried about. Have you ever seen those robots freak out? They're strong?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're way stronger than they could be. There could be small and you're like, oh, okn't do that much damage now that things all metal you obsess.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it hits you. I was also even thinking little kids. This has to be at high school because little kids are afraid of mascots. They're afraid of that kind of stuff. So you can't introduce them right away to a robot in classroom.
Speaker 1: But maybe that's where you get. You get them used to robots, you acclimate them as children, and then later in life they'll be completely comfortable around robots. We're gonna need robots. You know, there's not enough healthcare workers we're gonna have to replace. We're gonna have to replace, not even replace supplement healthcare workers with robots at some point.
Speaker 10: Well, and it's also yeah, and it would be a nice tool if this did work, to have an assistant in the classroom when the teacher's busy or explaining something and you have a question that you could ask the robot and maybe it might explain it in a different way that you're understanding.
Speaker 1: Like if I, if I had a robot working on this show, it would be here on time. It wouldn't be oh, Jeffrey, it wouldn't be thirty seconds late. Funny, because what do you put the way to put that in my face?
Speaker 5: You know, with all this robotic technology and everything, you know, it's at some point I have a feeling that we don't wind up being replaced by robots.
Speaker 1: That's not just me, but everybody any day. Now, Doug, what do you have coming up in the Chizzy? Coming up in the Chizzy?
Speaker 3: There is a baseball card that sold for eleven million dollars.
Speaker 1: Who's one of a kind card? Is it? I'll tell you coming up next, all right, we'll get to that in just a moment. Our number is eight sixty six Yo Rover eight sixty six nine six seven six eight three seven.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: We could keep the people who are on the phone, Chrystal, I'll get to them when I when we get back, we'll get to the shoosy. Hang on