Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 2: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papada Guess terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pie. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papade Gusts and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: And condition everything you seeuse you see your father, then you see me, You'll feel me. Yes, he's what you.
Speaker 2: Pretty cool. The Legends of FC Barcelona and Real Madrid are going to be taking the pitch at BMO over there at BIMO Stadium. It is the BARSA Legends taken on the Real Madrid Legends live this Sunday afternoon. We already gave away our tickets earlier, but you can still purchase at we are House of Heroes dot com. We're also going to carry the game on KFI AM six forty that has kickoff at two pm. So again already gave away those tickets, but you can still purchase them at we Are House of Heroes dot com.
Speaker 3: Welcome back.
Speaker 5: It's Petro sand Money on AM five seventy LA Sports our final hour, your HOMA back to back World Series Champion, LA Dodgers teams and players and information.
Speaker 3: Also David Vasse.
Speaker 5: We'll have Dodger Talk at seven o'clock, which starts with Max Munsey as his guest. Last night Blake Trinan, the hits just keep on coming from Camelback Ranch, and our next play by play endeavor, the first Bring Training game will be here Saturday versus the Angels first pitch at twelve ten. Right after that you can get over to the Burbank Sports cards and see Browny James and the voice of King him out.
Speaker 2: Did you do you know if did Bessy have an exclusive with Blake trining or was that just part of a it was.
Speaker 5: An exclusive media tour? Yeah, Dave, do you want an exclusive? It wasn't exclusive, okay, But our next play by play endeavor before the Dodgers open up is the Clippers versus the Nuggets.
Speaker 3: Pregame at six thirty tip off at seven thirty. Thank you for your patronage, everybody for.
Speaker 5: Listening to A seventy and podcasting the Petrosen Money Show on AM five seventy LA Sports on.
Speaker 3: The iHeartRadio app. You can stream it.
Speaker 5: The early bird gets the stream and if you're later you can podcast it without some of the different uh frills coming up. Now it's time for the final hour fun Fact.
Speaker 2: In effect, it's the yeahwer three fun Fast fun Fact, brought to you by our friends at Concordia University in Coaching and Athletics Administration. Olympians, high school legends, college and professional coaches have all participated and earned their Masters through the Concordia University of Irvines Masters and Coaching Program. You will join them as one of the five thousand plus that have worked their way through that program. Visit now at cuy dot edu slash coaching for more information. Your final our fun Fact p as your nautical show of record and I, as a wee lad, was guilty of this because it's just the way that they made it look with the jib and squids and the old school diving gear. Maybe it's outdated and I'm doing this fun fact for our older audience. But I think the ride was finding Nemo, and it's probably something else. Now, I don't know. Twenty thousand leagues under the sea misleading. The book title is referring to the distanced traveled by the team under the sea and not the depth. If in fact the depth were twenty thousand leagues, it would have put Captain Nemo through the entire planet Earth and about fifteen percent of the distance to the Moon.
Speaker 5: And you doubt Nemo's ability to do such things just because Nemo is not just any captain, Matt. I mean, that's a ship unknown to mankind, right, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's just why I assumed it was twenty thousand leagues below the service. But in fact that's wow.
Speaker 5: You know, there's more than just one thing. Being a nautical man myself and a real seafarer, I have to say there's more than one thing in that book that a suspect. Okay, okay, and Nemo's boat is big number one A okay, Now that has a big ass window.
Speaker 2: Like that, it's a giant window.
Speaker 5: Yeah, come on, he opens that window, everybody gets sucked out and explodes like that. Terrible incident with the Titanic.
Speaker 2: Guys, guys, did you hear did you hear the sound effect? Listen to this here it is, this is the moment.
Speaker 5: Oh, thanks Tim, Tim Cage. They only got two more hours of air. They've been dead for seven days. Tim, I didn't know at the time. All right, you're right, revision in the studio every day. Yeah, and we were also out here washing our mail during COVID.
Speaker 3: It's time for quick.
Speaker 5: It's everybody, let's seems quick, hitch, I'll make it quick. Y'allah five that's what they run out of airpe think about it. You'll be interviewing Dan Wiki to Dodgers with a full team workout Today. This morning, Dave Roberts did his annual team meeting where he riles up the guys. It includes several players addressing the team, Kyle Tucker, Eddie Diaz, and then Roberts that he thought it would be powerful to hear why they chose to sign with a yo yo yo yo yo yo o yo lawyers. But here's Dave Roberts earlier today rallying the troops.
Speaker 6: We play for something bigger than ourselves, and it's like that's something that you guys all got to wrap your heads around because in this world, in this day, it's always about self promotion, yourselves. But if you can play for your teammates and play for something bigger, what do I tell you, Miggy the game honors you. Where's Miguel at the game honors you? You guys got to believe that you're the best option in every moment, in the biggest of moments. When you're a Dodger. People want to take us down, they want to beat us. And I said it earlier, is it's a game seven. So I think that we've got to look ahead and say that this is going to be harder than it's ever been, and we got to work even harder. And so my ask as a team, as an organization is to push ourselves even more. We already got the talent. I don't think there's any more talent. There isn't any more talent in a major league clubhouse than in this room. Guys, we got to be prepared to play through October. Put your skin heads down and let's go through October every single day. Stay hungry, stay obsessed, let's get after it. Put those blinders on, all right, guys, Thank you very much for listening. I'm very very grateful for every single one of you, guys. No one better in the organization, in baseball, in sport. So we're very lucky to wear this uniform, guys, and so I wish everyone the best. And let's have a great year. And this is our our journey, our trek to a three pe kik. All right, let's do it. All right, guys, have a great day. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm ready to run through a wall for that guy.
Speaker 5: Hey, in your bids many years from now, will you remember the day you fought play your freda.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if he is preaching the gospel of no alcohol, but as a man who owns Recht, you know, one of the owners of Red Stitch Winery, you know, hearing that that Dave is off the sauce, I know.
Speaker 3: I doubt it. Yeah, one sweep padres sweep you once in.
Speaker 2: Like May Buehler shuts him out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're getting right back to the pinot. We call that the Lebron effect.
Speaker 5: Lebron announced, Oh yeah, no longer ranking and doing chocolate chip cookies.
Speaker 3: I'll drink it all. Lebron, you bastard. Send it my way, literally a bastard.
Speaker 5: Former Dodger Walker Buehler has signed a minor league deal with the Padres spring training invite.
Speaker 3: Just wants to make the team. I just want to be on a team.
Speaker 5: Times have change for Walker Buler from being the Dodgers ace and winning a World Series. Here he is with the San Diego media this morning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it feels a little weird. I imagine five years ago it would have been a lot more weird. But uh, you know, this is a crazy game, and this is a great opportunity for me to again be a part of a really talented baseball club, and uh, you know, that's what I'm here to do.
Speaker 1: The rivalry obviously so heated between the Padres and Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Do you have any let yourself think about what it might be like to be on the other side of it?
Speaker 7: Uh no, Yeah, We'll make the team first and then try and get back into that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gonna make the team.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Kind of reminder of all the people that said, how could you, how dare you let Walker Buehler walk after what he meant to this team and winning that World Series?
Speaker 3: He w gassed, he was done, He's cashed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know it's uh.
Speaker 5: Cast cast like a weed bowl of shake and an old metal pipe cash like hitting between some high.
Speaker 3: School girls boobs and a guns n' roses concert.
Speaker 5: Tony Clark, executive director of the MLB Players Association, has resigned after an internal investigation revealed he had an inappropriate relationship with his sister in law, who had been hired by the union in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Come here, girl, come here, Let me see now there is Let me come over here.
Speaker 2: Bring there is another story.
Speaker 3: Bring them haunches over here.
Speaker 2: There is another story that is not nearly as salacious as her haunches on me that he has been under investigation for financial improv ris. So yeah, okay, that had been going on. There was investigation over Runch and Haunch, and then the Raunch and Haunch came down on the door.
Speaker 3: Bringing them haunches over yonder. The Clippers are twenty six and twenty eight.
Speaker 2: I think they could win it.
Speaker 5: They're holding on to the ten seat in the West. They could certainly keep going there.
Speaker 2: You saw what Kawhi looked like in those twelve minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 5: They're off until Thursday and then they host House Nuggets the Lakers are thirty three and twenty one. They're the fifth seed in the West. They're off until Friday and they'll take on the Clippers. And Tim Kates with his gentle hands, got it out of Alan Sleewy yesterday, who said, I believe it is time for Lebron James to move on from the Lakers when the season is over. And speaking of that, so it's Tim Harris and LA Lakers CEO Genie Buss sounded doubtful about Lebron Lames returning to the Shakers next season. According to Alex Sherman of CNBC, you.
Speaker 8: Know, I never say never, but you know, he certainly hasn't given an indication as to you know what what will.
Speaker 2: You know, he's earned.
Speaker 8: The right to decide how his career will go. And you know he continues to impress, you know, getting a triple double again last night.
Speaker 3: Stars, So stay in the game for too long. He's a great player, Shut up?
Speaker 2: WHOA if he's earned the right. I have decided, Genie, that you can give me fifty five million dollars to play for you fish. I'd like to have earned that right. I have earned the right to nuclear franchise completely control and.
Speaker 5: The triple doubly had the other night yelling at Austin Reeves when he got a rebound.
Speaker 2: JJ, can you bang a time out and talk some sense into this fool? For God's sakes, trying to get my triple doubles? So gee, I got I need two rebounds here. I've been on the court for eight minutes. We're up twenty six. I need two rebounds and this fool keeps taking them.
Speaker 5: What U c l A CFO Steven and Steeney, one of the principal drivers of the UCLA to Sofi Stadium is out. This is getting messy. Not because he hooked up with his sister in law and wiped himself on the curtain.
Speaker 9: You guys that told me you wanted to go to the Sofar, He said, okay, I'm thinking of the Sofar, And now you say you don't.
Speaker 3: Run me in a round.
Speaker 5: This is a big win for the Rose Bowl in its efforts to keep the Bruins. This was one of the Sofi sofires. According to Ben Boltch of The California Post, this guy might have been his own worst enemy, with recent quotes to The Daily Bruins citing financial mismanagement.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know it was a reporter. I thought it was some kid.
Speaker 9: What do you want from me? You say, I'm making a story. Sound like the Fedasian girl over to talk to me.
Speaker 3: I didn't know who you are. How am I supposed to know what to do?
Speaker 2: You say you want to go to the sofa. I say, okay, we go to the.
Speaker 3: Sofa in the stadium in the campus. And now it's on a me that was up. Oh, Matt, IMG is.
Speaker 5: In business with the cartels. They're in bed at the cartels.
Speaker 2: Matt, Yeah, it's unfortunate. The US Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control, oh, fact of those of US in the no announced that IMG Academy is going to be fined one point seven two million dollars.
Speaker 5: I don't know why I need my OLA factory censes to be able to interpret the story.
Speaker 2: Two students parents are linked to Mexican drug cartels. So two students one nearly a two gay dollars.
Speaker 5: Five finding myself in the cartel.
Speaker 2: The IMGCT is continued tuition transactions for the two students racked up eighty nine violations of counternarcotics sanctions. The two students enrolled at the Juggernaut Sports School between twenty eighteen and twenty twenty two. The release and reports not share the student's information, their names, what sports they played. It is just a fine from the federal government's US Department of the Treasury's Office of that's two ov's in the same title Foreign Assets Control the Olfact.
Speaker 3: And there's a story about Ronda Rousi, who certainly roused our Ola Factory census when we interviewed her. She's stamping.
Speaker 2: She was a little right. We did a show from the Fox lot and and she had on a black leather jacket and when she sat next to us, she that they cut that off. She just get here from a workout or what's going on. UFC Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey is going to return to Mixed marsh And remember, folks, we've done this a long time. This is our twentieth year and that was one of our earlier productions. She has been out for a while. She is an older fighter, but she is getting back in the octagon. As they like to say, it's been a decade since almost a decade here. I have thought she will face fellow Combat Sports trailblazer Gina kran No Jit corun Way.
Speaker 3: She won a Sulfi two.
Speaker 2: On May sixteenth at the Intuit Dome. It is a blockbuster showdown. MMA Legend's gonna headline the first professional MMA event promoted by No, not Dana White, but Jake Paul. What are those Jake Paul's most valuable promotions and that will be streamed live on Netflix. Rousey considerably younger than us. She's just thirty nine, but she has not fought in nine years, and thirty nine in ufc age might as well be seventy. Kurana was forty three, jeez, and turned to acting over the last decade as opposed to getting her face punched.
Speaker 5: In Susy Right. She was in Yeah, the Expendables.
Speaker 2: She was in con Air too.
Speaker 3: She found herself in the city. We'll be back with more.
Speaker 5: Petress in Money on Ami seventy LA Sports. It's our final hour and David Mass We'll have Dodger Talk at seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: Petros papadakas that money Spire. This is Petro, Send money up on demand.
Speaker 2: Petros some money and five to seventy ELA Sports, your home of the back to back World Series Champion Los Angeles Dodgers about to get into a baseball conversation. And guess what Dodger talk coming up at the top of the hour. David Vess is out of Camelback Ranch. He will have Max Munsey with him, so be sure to stick around at seven when Vassa and Max Munsey have Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Are we bringing on Jim Hill right now?
Speaker 5: Oh footsteps in the dark, celebrating fifty years. Fifty years man coming up playing it Texas Ay and I let's go Hobelinas. Played for the Chargers, Dodgers, NFL champion, the Packers, and the Cleveland Browns. And by champion we mean greatest guy out at a broadcasting legend fifty years KCBS. He's been his address for quite some time. We love him and Rocky, we love brother Jim. On your Southern California toyo to neither celebrity hotline. We are here to congratulate Jim Hill, fifty years, man of greatness in the city of Los Angeles and telling great stories.
Speaker 3: What's cracking, Jim? How are you?
Speaker 10: H boy? You guys are entertaining all just by yourself, just listening to each other, aren't you?
Speaker 3: I want to live.
Speaker 10: Let me let me let me say this before we get in, before getting further. I just want to say thank you to both of you for what you do. We are going through some really really crazy stuff right now, not only in our city but in our country. And because you two have mastered not only the English Dictionary but the English language, you're able to appeal to all ages and what is in what, and when you are sophisticated with one group, you are very plain with another. So everyone understands it. It's very important, and you two guys are ahead of everybody else. It seems like it's very important that we communicate with each other, that we understand each other, that we protect each other, and that we try to help each other in any and every way we can, because if not, if this thing turns south, it'll turn south in a minute, and it will really be it'll really be nasty, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: That's very kind.
Speaker 3: Well, we love you, brother jam May.
Speaker 5: We just try to keep people going with our very very sophomoric brand of sports talk radio. But thank you for the compliment. And God bless you, Jim. I mean, you've done this for so long. Anybody who has a twenty five year career after playing years of professional football.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's a great career.
Speaker 5: What has kept you doing other than being, you know, such a youthful guy, in such great shape and still looking great? What's kept you wanting to tell LA sports stories for fifty years?
Speaker 10: Get up early, go to bed late, work like hill in between. That's the key.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody does it better. Well.
Speaker 10: I appreciate what you gentlemen say, and and your and your listeners are are very very smart. But you know what, though, when you really really have a passion for what you do, it's like you guys, You guys have a passion for what you do. I have a passion for what I do. It didn't make any difference to me what time. If I have to get eight hours of sleep a night or two hours of sleep a night. There's a job to be done. And when you think about all those who are out there that don't have job that all you have to do just drive down the streets of LA and drive under these tunnels. You'll see them. And if that doesn't, if that doesn't shock you and wake you up, then nothing will. So I know how lucky I am. I know, I'm very fortunate to be working for a wonderful company, and I know great people like you two guys. You'd be surprised at how and how you two have been a positive influence on me, not by just us talking, but by you doing what you do, and it makes everybody think. And when you start to think, you get really really smart and intelligent, and that's what we need more of. We need more thinkers. So your station is very lucky to have you, and we as listeners are very lucky to have you.
Speaker 2: You know, Jimmy, we're lucky to This is our twentieth year, which you know, it seems like forever, but then as we talk to you, it seems like nothing. And over those twenty years, we've had, you know, a few moments we had. We had Kobe call the show when he was upset with the with management and Andrew buying him and the Jason Kid thing, and he came on our show to kind of air those grievances we we've had, you know, sort of these these seminal moments. What in fifty years can you think of of something that's that stands out? I don't know like that, you know, just like, oh yeah, I remember being in this place at this time, and man, that was that was a heavy moment in in these this fifty year run that I've had.
Speaker 10: No, I hate to be I had to be quick with it like that, but uh there the thing that the things that I remember the most is is is being around young people, young kids, and going to schools and talking to schools and having question and answer sessions with our with our young people. Because when you look at you look at our young people and you look into their eyes, and you you see that they are the future of our country. Not only do you really think about making them better individuals, you think about making yourself a better individuals. Because our young people have a have a fascinating look on this thing that we call life. And sometimes they even they've even opened my eyes to some subjects. So I try not to get to philosophical or too or too smart with everybody, because here's the thing. Young people know when you when you when you feed them a bunch of bs, Yeah, they know it and and they let you know that they know it. So I I'm just I'm just happy that I that I have, that I have the position and the good fortune that I have here. But I also I also am really thankful to know you two guys. And here's the reason why. Whether whether when I'm listening to you, I have agree with you or not, you have your you have your your your point of view, and sometimes people fail to realize that you're right and they're wrong. There are a lot of times I've listened to you and I've I've thought about a subject and then I've started listening to you and I said, Oh, they don't know what the Oh yes they do. They know what they're talking about on this. So you have you have a gift. You you two have a have a gift sent by the the Big GM and the sky. And thank you for everything that you do. And for God's sake, don't stop doing what you do and don't stop being the way that you are.
Speaker 3: We love your brother, Jim. The Tiger Woods interview.
Speaker 5: We saw on the fifty year l a t v KCBS special that ran the other day. The we have, I mean, just so many great memories. But I got to ask you, Jim, is it who was the hardest guy to tackle back in the day, in the old and the old professional football when the men were really men.
Speaker 10: No, let's don't say that. Now, that's don't say when men were really men. Let's don't go that way.
Speaker 3: That it's just.
Speaker 10: Anytime you you you step on an athletic field, and it's there's competition and then there's contact. That's the wonderful thing about sports. And that's the wonderful thing about professional football. There are different ways to attack this thing, what we call professional football. What happens is it's a copycat league. And when one team sees how successful another team is, they want to be like that other team. But they forget they don't have the personnel that that other team has. So you fail while you try, while you try sometimes, but it's it's wonderful, uh, watching them and what even and the other thing that I that I really enjoy. It's really wonderful when I listen to you got you gentlemen, and how you and how you really you talk about Tillett like it is. That's exactly what you do. And your and your listeners are very smart and they know and they realize that you guys are just telling them the bare truth. And sometimes we can't stand the bare truth. We want to turn away from it. But your listeners are smart enough that they want the truth and they get it with you too.
Speaker 2: We bring him on to celebrate him, and you want to know why everybody loves Jim so much? He insists upon celebrating us. That's just the way he's always been. You're the best. Congratulations Jim on the fifty years. We're so happy we could bring you on and share with everyone. You know why we love you so much, why everyone in town loves you so much. And man, it's an incredible accomplishment and we cannot heap enough praise upon you for putting that in and knowing what you mean to all the folks here in town.
Speaker 10: I you know, I appreciate it. Uh. I didn't want to do it. I tried. I tried not to acted like I lost your number.
Speaker 2: But here we are.
Speaker 10: It meant to be. Yeah, things are meant to be. Meant to be. But thank you. But it's more important that we thank you too. It's more important that we we we we celebrate listening to you because you have a gift. The big person up in the sky reached down and touched you to and gave you a very very special gift. And that gift is to think. That gift is to make sure that we understand what you're talking about and to analyze it. So thanks a lot, guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 5: What a washing session with the great Jim Hill fifty years. Congratulations to brother Jim. Wonderful stuff. I would like to avoid the Civil War though. The Dead and Alive guy at the end of the day is coming up next, and then David Vassaying with Dodger Doc Max Munsey at seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: This is Petro on Demand.
Speaker 5: Coming up next, David vass say, we'll have Max Monchy Monthy for their football Coming up next, David vassay, we'll have Max Monsey for their push up conversation.
Speaker 3: Waste amount to push it? There it is, I mean, you know, just say the truth. Waste amount to push it? Say smell because that's the truth.
Speaker 2: Podcast Long Levers Not His Weakness.
Speaker 5: Podcast, The Petros and Money Show. On the iHeartRadio app, you can listen to all four hours of Matt Live from New York on tour and enjoy World Tour. Well you're supposed to say what tour Matt, But that's okay. It's all there on the on the iHeart Radio app. I understand you know it wears you down. You know you you missed your levers and you are your cues because the tour what tour, the world tour? There we Go wears you down to a nub Okay. But podcast the show on the iHeartRadio app and don't forget. We're off and running from Camelback Ranch. First spring training game here on a seventy is Saturday versus the Angels. First pitch is at twelve ten. Matt's got the dead Guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. At times we can be a sports show. This particular space we not typically but almost always avoid it, find some interesting people outside of sport to learn a little bit about craft, some favorites over the years. But today thought I would get into sport because the man's name has become a verb. And I guess maybe because I'm sitting in the middle of Manhattan right now. But to get Wally pipped and when you dig into Wally the circumstances of the events of his well, I guess being Wally pipped accurate. Uh. He was one of the best players in baseball prior to his being Wally pipped. Sorry, Wally, So here we go a happ one hundred and thirty third to Walter Pitt born in Chicago, raised in Grand Rapids, Michigan parents German immigrants. Uh the Wally Pip story. The headache story likely comes from him sharing in an interview that as a child he was hitting a head playing pond hockey with a hockey puck and that resulted in severe headaches throughout his life.
Speaker 5: I'm having a little bit of a headache right now and I might get wally pipped by Michael Monk. He's been moving around. Just finished his noon show and he hasn't left yet.
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 2: Listen today noon to three on KFI, Tomorrow noon to three on KFI, three to seven on KLAC. Check me out. I'm Michael muk. At the time, of course, being a professional sportsman wasn't a thing, so he went to the Catholic University of America in Washington, d C. Studied architecture, played baseball for the Catholic University Cardinals. Gret graduated in nineteen thirteen, but he was recruited to be a professional in nineteen twelve four And this is in fact their real mascot. I'm not creative enough to have made this up. The Kalamazoo Salery Pickers is where he got his start.
Speaker 3: And he was good.
Speaker 5: I don't know a lot of salary. Kalamazoo is there? Listen, why don't you ask your decordinator, Matt.
Speaker 2: Let's lean into our identity, and our identity is salary. Okay. So as he lit it up in Kalamazoo, the Detroit Tigers permit.
Speaker 3: Corn Huskers in Nebraska. But we here we figured.
Speaker 2: Nothing on us. Pitt being the savvy businessman, he was good student that he was one of more money from the Tigers. Said he would go back to school if they didn't give it to him. They didn't, so he went back to school. But after he graduated, he bounced around. The Tigers still held his rights. So twelve games with the Tigers, then the Providence Grays, then the Scranton Miners, then the Rochester Hustlers, which is where he really took off. In nineteen fourteen, hit three fourteen twenty stranger to that. We were big in Rachatcha. It's one of our to this day, biggest markets week.
Speaker 3: He said that he hit three fourteen and he liked the triple.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, yeah, like it. It's okay.
Speaker 5: You're telling you know, you're a sportsman, telling sports stories, and I shouldn't be getting in the way.
Speaker 2: If Miller and Monk take us out, we know there's a home for us in Rochester, Okay. When Jacob Rupert and Tilan Hast Hustin bought the New York Yankees, they sent five grand to the Tigers for Wally Pitt. Prior to him arriving in New York, the Yankees were one of the worst teams in baseball. They had the worst one of the worst records over the previous eight seasons, so they made Pip their starting first basement opening day nineteen fifteen. They had home run Baker in nineteen sixteen, and the pair was the center of their batting oiter. Pip led the al and home runs in back to back seasons in nineteen sixteen and seventeen. In nineteen eighteen, he was hitting over three hundred when he left for waw one as a naval cadet. That's what you did back in the day. In nineteen nineteen, they added Babe Ruth and Pip would hit cleanup behind Ruth. He was Ruth's protection. That first season with the Babe, he hit three oh one, twenty nine doubles, ninety four runs, ninety seven Ribies. They won the Pennant and twenty one and twenty two lost the World Series to the Giants. In twenty two, he and Ruth got into a fistfight in the dugout after Ruth barked at him for dropping a foul ball and then said we're going to settle this after the game. Pip apparently was the quiet type, so when the game was over, he walked up to Ruth and said, all right, well, I guess we're gonna go huh, and Ruth backed down, and they said that moment galvanized those Yankees pitp hit three twenty nine the rest of the way. They would go on to win the World Series while he helped the Yankee scout. As a matter of fact, it was that found Lou Garrick playing in the Bronx at Columbia, and he suggested to manager Miller Huggins that he should sign Garrick, and he personally took an interest in Lou and was his mentor. When he rolled an ankle, he suggests they call up Garrett to play in his place for four games. He did. Pip got healthy before that nineteen twenty three World Series helped the Yankees win the titles I mentioned. The following year, he led the league in RBIs with one hundred and fourteen and triples.
Speaker 5: So even without Lou Garrig, baseball people would probably still remember Wally Pipp not just for being replaced, but just with being pretty pretty darn good on one of the most famous baseball teams of all.
Speaker 2: Time exactly, and the thing about him getting bench p the famous date June second, nineteen twenty five.
Speaker 5: See I'm paying attention, Matt. You know I'll figure it out. It's crazy story, right salary pickers.
Speaker 2: Did he in fact take the two most expensive aspirn in history after asking out of the lineup for a headache? Probably not. He had already been benched and Everett Scott had his thirteen hundred and seven games starts streak snapped along with Pip earlier in the season here and there because the Yankees were struggling after a solid season prior, they were on a five game losing streak. Garrey did get three hits in place of Pitt, but the following two games he went over and Pip would replace him late as a finch hitter and defensive replacement at first base. The beanball that is always referred to that led to the headache that called him to tell the manager he wanted out. Came a month later, so that was not now.
Speaker 5: The bean ball was from the hockey pond man. That's what you said off the time.
Speaker 2: The famous shot to the head was in July. They said. Really, a common story is that Pip, like lu Gereg, he wanted to make a bunch of money and knew the Yankees weren't going to give it to him. So basically they sold Pip to the Reds for seventy five hundred bucks, a huge sum at the time, and then they handed him forty grand per season, which is about half a million bucks in today's dollars, for three years and how was that. He retired three years later as one of the first ever hired writers at Sports Illustrated. Died in nineteen sixty five and seventy one.
Speaker 5: That is Wally Pip, so not really the tragic story that everybody makes it out to be.
Speaker 2: For Wally doesn't seem like it. It seemed like making half a million bucks a year for the next three years from the Reds because you kind of felt like, yeah, by time, it's probably up here in New York. I'll just go ahead and tap out and givince them to sell me. Is probably the reason why, right.
Speaker 5: I guess either that or it was rolling up on Ruth fighting like Hacksaw versus Hartman.
Speaker 2: Oh well, it was not near that level.
Speaker 3: Come on, beating out.
Speaker 5: Ed Sheeron, who was actually discovered on it by somebody close to this show.
Speaker 2: Did you know, all? I was the first one to tweet about Ed Shearon. I saw him Buskine at the Metro and I said, Hi, is this man not signed? And it was after that tweet that Ed Sheeron took off.
Speaker 5: So thank you, James Cordon. You know I don't miss him much.
Speaker 2: No, I don't miss him at all.
Speaker 5: I don't love seeing Drewski everywhere that for one other fat comedian. But I'll take that fat comedian over that the Cordon fat comedian any day.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 5: Beating out Ed Sheeran, who was discovered by James Cordon is Isis valver Day. That's unfortunate name Isis Valverde. Is thirty nine years old today, Matt. She's not unfortunate looking. And I did this for you to honor your many travels, for she is a Brazilian woman. She grew up outside of the big town known as Real Dajian Earl, and then she moved to the big town as a team to study theater.
Speaker 3: Remember the time she was.
Speaker 5: Twenty, she started getting Brazilian TV roles. I thought doing this would remind mad of his rich and lush Brazilian homeland. Isis who is attractive, has lots of Brazilian telenovela experience, lots of work on TV Globo, which I heard.
Speaker 3: Was Shannon's favorite TV when you guys were.
Speaker 2: Out, so she wouldn't leave the room.
Speaker 3: I'm on the TV Globo.
Speaker 2: I'm attached to TV Globo. You go do your thing, explore and joy.
Speaker 5: Her first show was Sinha Moco, then Paraiso Troupeical and then T t T known by its international name The Buzz. Lots of Brazilian cinema. Oh another show, Boogie Oogie.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 5: Uh, cinema like Brazilian Western Turbo. The latest one out right now is called Quarto Dope Manico looks like a thriller. Byer mid twenties, she was the most famous woman in Brazil. Isis Valverde, though she did not cross Matt's path has twenty eight million Instagram followers.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess it's pretty big country.
Speaker 3: Huh, it is, Matt.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of Brazilians and each one of them has two big ass chiefs. She's recently tried to cross over into Hollywood, relocating to our own city of Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Oh, look at that. We could be the Isis Show of records.
Speaker 5: Isis Valvae we already are. Recently she did that. She was in the Stallone movie A Lawroom. Isis received alal rum is a Stallone movie, and Isis did receive. It's her first big English Hollywood movie, and she received a Golden Razzie nomination for Worst Supporting Actor.
Speaker 3: But so did Stallone.
Speaker 2: Wow, I would assume he cast her as his love interest right.
Speaker 5: After her divorce from a Brazilian model. She's now married to a billionaire here in Los Angeles and has relaunched herself as a working LA mom. She has a son from the first marriage. His name Octavio. No, I'm just making that everybody gets along, so keep your head on a swivel. Here in La for Isis Valverde a Brazilian temptress, A huge Brazilian star, still working on her Hollywood footprint. If Vick was twenty years younger, he'd already later, I promise. Couple times, oh he would. He used his beard to scratch up her thighs.
Speaker 2: Here it comes you.
Speaker 5: You haven't seen meat like this in a Brazilian steakhouse. Huco's not gonna like it, Joe. Remember the Brazilian jealousy man.
Speaker 3: Oh Yuko was flamed.
Speaker 5: U was not happy, flamed up like Campanella parks. All right, we'll be back with more petros and money tomorrow. She'll starts at three.
Speaker 3: Good luck on the tour. The world too checked out this CONSI