Speaker 1: It is Thursday, February fifth, twenty twenty six. Lots to get you today from Savannah Guthrie speaks to a new crazy twist on the ice protests at ice schools and critics say a new Super Bowl commercial could kill people. Plus your calls, dispatch, his emails, Text Sam More, Sabrina is out? Hello Sea Lange.
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 1: Josh is with us?
Speaker 3: Good did?
Speaker 1: And so are you? You can join us on the show. All you have to do is send us a dispatch. Go to thenewsjunkie dot com hit record on your first dispatch today. You could also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the Newsjunkie. Your message is rolling right at the studio in real time. How's everybody doing on us Thursday?
Speaker 4: Goo?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 2: Josh out of breath.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm good, I'm fine.
Speaker 2: You were technically late?
Speaker 1: You Josh was technically late? Agree, I don't. I don't because it was pasted of the show. It was past the scheduled start of the show. Josh is technically late.
Speaker 3: And you know what that means.
Speaker 1: True, that means there's a punishment in store. Absolutely, yes, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Let's find that old drawer full of mouse traps somewhere. Yeah, let's go. Where are the tasers here?
Speaker 1: Right away? The tasers here. Here's what I want to do. We're gonna punish Josh today because he was indeed late to start off the show here. Granted he only found out he was gonna be on the show about forty five minutes ago, doesn't matter there. These are tiny excuses that don't really matter at all. I want to see if we can break some records on on the YouTube stream today. I want to see we could put up our biggest numbers ever. And what I want to do is I want to aim for when Josh is doing the next episode, as many people as possible go over to YouTube and you can heckle him the entire time during chat. Okay, and we're going to force him while he's doing his version of the next episode, Josh has to watch you're heckling and chat and not screw up.
Speaker 2: We're gonna yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that is going to be what the punishment is today. So everybody jump on board, hang out with us. Today should be the day you crack open that nut. Trust me, go over to YouTube dot com, slash Thenews junkie YouTube dot com, Slash the news junkie. You can bring it up on your television, your laptop wherever you are. Look into the show and watch today and be part of this when we punish Josh in about ninety minutes or so. All right, so jump on board for that real suit. Let's get started as we always do. Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse, let's see what's happening to this great, big, wide world of ours, and we go to well for once, we go from frozen iguanas to a bunch of idiots playing with fire. That's how we start off today.
Speaker 2: I was really open for just iguanas all week.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I got do. I got some iguanas for you. There will be no first segments this week without iguanas. Don't worry, that'll still be here. But right now, we go to Marion County, Florida, where a seventeen year old kid has been arrested. Why he's accused of setting his friend on fire? All right, and I want to know from you on the disk he did something like this. I want to know, dispatchers, what the punishment should be when kids are screwing around like this, but it turns south. Now here we go, there's a there's a bonfire ceiling. Are they on the beach? Where are they? I think they are lakeside, lakeside. They're on a lake. Can't be beach, I guess.
Speaker 6: And they're going to call some like if you have a lake, but like the shore of it is all sand and stuff. Often people call that a beach. I don't know, speechy, I don't know if they're incorrect on that. You know what constitutes a beach? I think ocean. But in this case, they're on a lakeside. Here we go, let's go in. The teenager Bradley Ming has been arrested for this. They got a fire roar in and he's got a giant jug of gasoline.
Speaker 1: Probably the key part there, Josh, where you said what he said to his friend, you want to be on fire?
Speaker 3: That'll get you some jail time.
Speaker 1: And his friend said, no, Now a little secret for you. He did not consent to being set on fire. No. Our second punishment for Josh today is we're going to set him on fire. You want to be on fire? Yes?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 1: Actually good? You have to ask first. He asked permission he goes, do you want to be on fire? And the kid goes, no, no, he was a real seat.
Speaker 5: He was all right.
Speaker 1: So what he does is the fire is about ten feet from him, and he starts pouring the gas or whatever it is on the fire and then makes a line to his friend so that the fire chases up the friend and lights him on fire. If that makes sense, I don't know if I butchered dad, You've got it right. Like if I'm there and and Josh, I said, Josh, do you want me to lay on fire? And he goes, no, please. I start pouring the gas and I light a line in the sand leading to Josh and lights him on fire. And that's what he Oh, yeah, get in the leg.
Speaker 6: You're like, you know, dude, dude.
Speaker 1: I love how he goes back after setting his friend on fire, head to toe, having him run around like, you know, a human flame torch. And then then he goes, oh, put it out, put out my turtlebox, my turtle doox.
Speaker 2: What's a turtle box?
Speaker 1: Don't even know? Let's look look up turtle box. That's what he's worried about. When he goes back, his friend is fully engulfed and He's like, oh my turtlebox, oh my turble, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: You know what this is?
Speaker 1: No, what is it?
Speaker 3: A bluetooth speaker?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: A rugged loud and out, waterproof out or bluetooth speaker. But it's not fireproof unfortunately, So you got to get that turtle box.
Speaker 2: Out of the way.
Speaker 1: That's penalty. Wow. Come on, dude, I mean so I know that will say it, so hold on. Some parents will say like, this is just kids screwing around, but we all agree like that, that's not screwing around his kids. Like you lit somebody on fire, Like you cannot do that. It's not just kids being kids. Are boys being boys? You can't light people on fire, all right? Allegedly you can't, Josh, you just can't do it. Did they say what kind of burns he suffered? Yes, ceil it, he said. The victim was later taken to an emergency room in Palatka, and he claimed he had thrown a water bottle containing gasoline at a fire, which erupted and burned his legs. He lied for his friend, he lied. The victim reportedly suffered second degree burns across much of his body, with bloody discolored legs, and then the video surfaced online because one of these idiots posted it and they said, you lied, you lied to us. That wasn't what happened. There was a friend of yours who did this. In an arrest affidavit, deputies explained they learned from the victim that he and the other boys had taken a jet ski to Kaufman Island, which is where the incident occurred, and out there they were screwing around and he lights his friend on fire as some sort of prank. Zephis biker on YouTube says frat bro and the making right. Yeah, high octane dumb Assari says Ryan, Yes, yeah, I mean, well what's the punishment? But I don't think you could do something light on this, and I think you have to get rid of the fact that his friend might go, hey, I don't want to press charges. I don't consider myself a victim. This kind of stuff happens more than you would think. There's a YouTuber who got into a thing like this. Do you guys know who the YouTuber was who had the construction equipment and then they were spinning it around and he had one of his friends was on like the of the construction equipment as they were like spinning it around to make viral videos, and he smashed his head on it and he's been messed up for the rest of his life since then. Like, this is the kind of stuff that happens, and I think you to be punished. David Dobrick, Yes, that's him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, David Dobrick sued for excavator stunt gone wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and this, I mean this case, it was them sitting on this sort of beach like area. Dude, get in the water, get in the water. Yeah, yeah, holy f indeed. Okay, so are the punishments that would be appropriate here right real quick?
Speaker 6: So I think that I know this doesn't change a lot, but the guy that was stressing about his turtle box, I think was the guy holding the camera, not the guy lighting his friend on fire.
Speaker 1: You might be right about that, yeah, because he's the one that seems.
Speaker 6: Still seems trivial when a person is on fire and you're worried about your Bluetooth speaker.
Speaker 3: They're expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, another indicator or a red flag that you're you're kind of annoying if you have one of these Bluetooth speakers. To begin with he's out there pumping muro man. They're having a bonfire. They need a bluetooth speaker. He is endorsed by Scotti Scheffler. Oh god, well, we've got to make sure the turtlebox is okay. My friend Ah seventeen degree burns all over his legs. That's fine, So we'll take your feedback on that. What should be the punishment punishment when younger, younger guys do this.
Speaker 6: I don't know which model turtlebox these kids had, but it starts. It starts at two hundred and fifty bucks for the Ranger, which is the smallest portable speaker. Yeah, and goes all the way up to the original for four hundred and thirty dollars and the Grande seven hundred and thirty bucks for this turtlebox speak.
Speaker 1: Well, if it's a Grande, I don't blame him. Then if it's a Conda, like I might be screaming it out too. I might be just yelling exactly like this guy would be wearing my turtle doock. Who cares if Josh has burned from head to toe. He was at least forty seconds late today. That's the key thing, right, That's the thing. People will remember whatever you say, and they'll remember this. We start with iguanas once more by by sea Lane demand and the story is the Florida residents in total helped FWC remove more than five thousand iguanas move massacre five thousand farm upstate. Yeah, I bet, mom oh, I bet only a couple of them became tacos. Five thousand total iguanas they brought to these officers during this colds now in all, one thousand and seventy five were brought to the Tequesta office. People brought them in in droves, and this may have been one of their biggest bounties of iguanas to kill. I've got WPTV talking about this. I think let's see what they say about the total here, because that I didn't think it would be that much.
Speaker 7: That's round up bonanza click. More than five thousand cold stun iguanas over the weekend to crust of Office alone received over one thousand frozen lizards. Show that out Wildlife officials temporarily wave permits and turned Floridians into iguana wranglers for the weekend. How the cold weather gave the state a rare chance to tackle its invasive iguana problem.
Speaker 8: One chili lizard at a time?
Speaker 1: What what? What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Chilli lizard at a time? My god, we struggled.
Speaker 3: Through that one a little bit.
Speaker 1: Now you need permits again, just for the record, you can't do it without a permit. Now it's you know, their time has expired. Our show today is going to be a bananza Banza. That's right. I want you to tune in on YouTube. I want to see if we can get those numbers up YouTube. A bonanza of viewers. So make your way over and hang out with us, and we're gonna heckle Josh during his next episode, Boo, which is in a little over an hour. So get in there, get comfortable, start talking with the people on YouTube dot com. Slash the News Junkie. Just search for the News Junkie on YouTube and hit that live stream. We've got a lot for you. On a busy Thursday on the show, we'll get Nanza the latest, the latest on this bonanza show. On the Savannah Guthrie case where her mother is missing. She has made a video and it is a doozy. It is something to hear and that is coming up next on the News Junkie join us with your dispatches, your emails, all the rest. Join us today live on YouTube. Gonna try to hit a record. You're going to try to bust seven hundred concurrent viewers, and I know we can do it. And one of the things we're gonna do is because Josh was so unbelievably late today and really just unprofessional, Sea Lane said it, not me, those are his words.
Speaker 3: Oh really?
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah, because Sea Lanes said that Josh was so unprofessional and deserves a punishment worse than death. I said, no, that's too far. Let's back off. But when he's doing the next episode, why don't we have Chat up in front of him, and Chat gets to roast Josh for the entirety of his next episode, and he cannot close it out. He cannot close it out. So let's get you over there in numbers today and try to see what we can do on YouTube dot com slash the News Junkie or if you're on YouTube, just search for the News Junkie and get that live stream. Okay, it'll be fun, you'll enjoy it. I think you will. You meet some cool people over there in chat. So let's make that a mission today as we do this. Let's get into an update on the Nancy Guthrie situation. This is Savannah Guthrie's mother. We have now entered day five, day five of this woman who's eighty what was eighty five four? I thought eighty four years old? Nancy Guthrie eighty four lasting on Saturday night according to authorities. Now it's five days she's been gone. From what we know, she doesn't have her medication. From what we know, she was stolen in the middle of the night. From what we know, there is demand from somebody to pay off a multimillion dollar ransom that they think that Today's Show host can cough up and they can find this woman. And now it's day five of this search for Nancy Guthrie. The mother of the Today Show host Savannah Guthrie has entered its fit day as her children continue to plead for her save return. What's her question?
Speaker 6: So this might be a Moses thing, because I'm not sure the League guy the legality of this, But this morning, my question is that you know they keep saying, well, she doesn't have a medication, she doesn't never medication.
Speaker 2: It's likely a prescription medication.
Speaker 6: And honestly, chances are that it wouldn't line up that anybody could go pick up he prescription for her because it's likely something she already has.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 6: But if somebody say there was somebody went up to like the CVS and picked up Nancy Guthrie's medication that she needs to stay alive for this, is the pharmacy allowed to be like call the cops and go, hey, somebody just picked up Oh, I don't know moment or is that like a hip hop kind of thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know, that's interesting pharmacy texts. Let us know tips at theewsyonky dot com. Would you if there was a missing person and they had a medication, would you be alerted to watch for that and orould they tell you like, hey, call us if this person picks up this prescription in a way you want them to write, like right, everybody, myself included, I want this woman to be a lot. Even Trump wants this woman to be alive. He's sending over the Feds, He's sending over all these resources and apparently Nancy Guthrie, Savannah Guthrie's mom hated Trump. She didn't like it. But Trump's still like, Nope, we're gonna we're gonna help out here. Maybe he wins over a fan here, but we got ed later on today. Later on today we have a press conference. We'll take that live. That'll be right after Josh does the heckling next episode. And Nancy Guthrie has believed I've been abducted in her sleep from her Arizona home early Sunday. Authority said no suspect or person of interest has been identified in the case. The authorities and Ashley Banfield kind of called out true or whether she was targeted, Yeah, that's true. Are we still looking at that guy? She says she has an impeccable source. Sea Lang. Is she doubling him down on this?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 10: Has?
Speaker 2: She responded?
Speaker 6: After the police said like, hey, we heard what Ashley Banfield said.
Speaker 2: We're not looking at this guy.
Speaker 5: Yeh.
Speaker 1: The police are like, we don't have any suspects right now, and Ashley Banfield is like, I think it's the son in law. I have an impeccable source. All we know is we have this. The Guthrie family, including Savannah Guthrie, has just released a new video and it's it's so rough, it's it's interesting as hell to me. The family is sitting on this little bench. Savannah Guthrie is in the middle. She's got a piece of paper in her hand with I guess you know the script that they're reading from, and this is it's like their family member has been kidnapped by al Qaeda or something, and they really are trying to get this message out there. Let's listen to it. And here she is.
Speaker 5: On behalf of our family.
Speaker 9: We want to thank all of you for the prayers for our beloved mom.
Speaker 5: Fancy this is to us, we feel them.
Speaker 9: Will we continue to believe that she feels them too. Our mom is a kind, faithful, boil, fiercely loving woman of goodness.
Speaker 1: And you know, I did not know before this that Savannah Guthrie, and this will bring it out. And you seems she's pretty religious. The family is very much leaning on faith in this moment, and she's been very religious about asking for prayers, and I just had not known that about her. But I mean, this would have me Pryan too, My God, if somebody had done something similar to the to me like this, I just would be reaching out for anything everything I could possibly reach out to. Now to her right to our left, that's Annie Guthrie, right, this is the sister. I believe that's the sister who actually Vanfield says her husband is the one behind all this. Yes, this has got to be a very awkward time for her. Well, let's see what she says. She has a script in front of her too. Let's see what she said. Savannah more spunky and clever.
Speaker 9: She has grand children that adore her and crowd around her and cover her with kisses. She loves fun and adventure. She is a devoted friend. She is full of kindness and knowledge.
Speaker 1: Talk to her and you'll see so much of this so far has been Savannah Guthrie telling us how amazing her mom is, which I'm sure is exactly right, you know, and I totally understand getting this message out. Eventually, her message turns to the person or persons who have kidnapped her mom.
Speaker 5: The light is missing from our lives.
Speaker 1: This is a sister.
Speaker 10: Nancy is our mother.
Speaker 9: We are her children.
Speaker 5: She is a beacon.
Speaker 9: She holds fast to joy in all of life's circumstances.
Speaker 1: Interesting comment from Dan on YouTube. He says they have a script because this is a deliberate psychological operation. That's probably true, though, don't you like the cops know what's on this piece of.
Speaker 2: Paper, right, Sure they helped them write it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Yeah. I think Dan is right. I think that the law enforcement probably worked closely with them, and this is directly addressed and psychologically constructed in a way that if somebody is out there to try to have an emotional impact on them so that they will keep this woman alive or give her back. I think he's probably right on that. I don't think there's much of a chance that this was some willy nilly thing that the family did and did not tell law enforcement about. Then again, some of the law enforcement has been a little lackluster. We'll see if that changes during the press conference later today.
Speaker 9: She chooses joy day after day, despite having already passed through great trials of pain and grief. We are always going to be merely human, just normal human people who need our mom.
Speaker 1: The brother's not saying.
Speaker 11: Anything, Mama, Mama, if you're listening, we need you to come home.
Speaker 3: We miss you.
Speaker 1: Damn. That's heavy.
Speaker 9: H Our mom is our heart and our home. She's eighty four years old. Her health, her heart is special. She lives in constant pain. She's without any medicine. She needs it to survive.
Speaker 1: This would be tough for me, and I wonder I'm asking you today too, would this be tough for you? Yes, not just I don't mean it in just the simplistic way celane where I might go to have somebody who has been abducted that is your loved one, obviously quite obviously on its face, is a very difficult thing for anybody to ever go through that I would wish on even my worst enemy, except for that one. And I mean, instead my gut would be like angling towards anger instead of this, Like I would want to be like listen, whoever is the m effort who had like I would, It would be hard for me to suppose they're not live. They need to give me like seven takes.
Speaker 6: They want you to read that script and really give you give your heart to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, I really think that this is something that is crafted and in such a way to try to have an emotional impact, to remind people that this person is a human being and not just some way for you to get money in a bitcoin account, which is what they want.
Speaker 9: She needs it not to suffer. We too have heard the reports about a ransom letter in the media.
Speaker 3: Oh damn.
Speaker 9: As a family, we are doing everything that we can.
Speaker 1: We are ready to talk. We're ready to talk.
Speaker 9: However, we live in a world where voices and images are easily manipulated.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 9: We need to know without a doubt that she's alive and that you have her.
Speaker 1: Oh, they want proof of live.
Speaker 9: I want to hear from you, and we are ready to listen.
Speaker 1: This is crazy.
Speaker 2: This is some like this movie crime drama stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it was in a movie, you'd go, well, they're not going to believe that that's this is too far fetched. They're not going to believe that this is actually legitimate. But this is this is all real life. This is what's happening. This is Savannah Guthrie of The Today Show begging for the person who has kidnapped her mother and allegedly wants Big Cooin in this account to release her or to say show me that my mom is alive out there somewhere. You can watch along with we're trying to break a record today for us on the YouTube platform, in particular, go over to YouTube dot com, slash the news Junkie and jump in and take part later in a little more fun something We're going to twist in another direction with Josh does the next episode. Back to this video on it out to us.
Speaker 9: Mommy, if you are hearing.
Speaker 1: This, Jesus man, you are a strong woman.
Speaker 9: You are God's precious daughter, Nancy. We believe and know that even in this valley, he's with you. Everyone is looking.
Speaker 5: For you, Mommy, everywhere.
Speaker 1: We will not rest. Collac says this is like a movie. One hundred percent. Yeah, absolutely that huge vibes, like I'm transported outside of my body to feel for the people who are just sitting here dealing with all of this, because this is indeed real. Your children will not rest almost over.
Speaker 9: Until we are together again. We speak to you every moment, and we pray without ceasing, and we rejoice in advance for the day that we hold you in our arms again. We love him, mom, We love you.
Speaker 5: Mom stays strong, We love.
Speaker 1: Wow. That's that's that's wild. That's absolutely wild.
Speaker 6: And do you think the police purposely picked for the brother not to say hardly anything?
Speaker 1: Maybe or maybe he was just like I can't do it, I can't bring myself to do it right now. Tanya on YouTube says, I don't see how this will ever find their mom, Tanya. I think the idea is to evoke emotions and if the person that has their mom, if somebody does, and to get them, perhaps to release a proof of life video. Hey, here's your mom. You know she's alive and she's with us, and here's proof that she's still live. Right now, give us the ransom money. They can learn more from that that can track these people down further. I think, I know it all seems farfetched, but I think that's the goal here. All right, we are getting towards. Speaking of goals, we're getting towards those numbers. Let's up those numbers, though. Let's up those numbers. Today on you Tube, Moon to the Moon we go, what's today going to be? What do you mean I told you to keep this down.
Speaker 2: To fah, today is going to be bonanza.
Speaker 1: It's a bonanza on the show.
Speaker 2: I didn't keep the sound effect. I just didn't know.
Speaker 1: We just cracked five hundred live current on YouTube, Nanza, but we're usually around we're usually higher than that. Even let's get you over there. Let's be part of this, and especially ahead of the next episode with Josh, we're gonna have a little extra fun. We got much more on the Nancy Guthrie situation. Lots of twists and turns on that got some emails to get into a super Bowl commercial that activists, critics, I should say, are saying could kill people. There's going to be a super Bowl commercial that airs that people said this could legitimately kill viewers. Since there's so many people watching, and I'm gonna play it for you, all right, and we die, we're gonna find out.
Speaker 3: Is that the Jesus commercial again.
Speaker 1: You're gonna find out the super Bowl commercial that potentially could kill people is coming up next in the news junkie. Yes, indeed, there are warnings out there about super Bowl commercials. Most of them are just going to be dumb. That's what's going to happen. You'll have a couple of fun ones, a couple of ones that you laugh at, but only one of them is allegedly going to kill people, at least as far as I can tell right now. And this is a commercial for something I've never enjoyed, not because I didn't like it, but I've just never even tried it. It's a soda called Poppy which is out on the market, which I only remember. Maybe you guys know of Poppy, but I only know it from Shark Tank. It was on Shark Tank and I I think it got a deal and it's exploded in the soda world. Afterwards, they have.
Speaker 12: Yeah, this guy, they have a brand deal with Traders right now, so they're really big.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're they're pretty big. Trader Joe's like the Traders. There's a lot of buzz around this brand. And thankfully, this brand makes me so much more excited than Ben Stiller's brand right now, which I don't know if I can take much more of that. Have you seen Ben Stiller trying to promote his soda just oh my god, let me see if I can find this.
Speaker 3: Glass shot hill loop.
Speaker 1: Ben Stiller has a soda and it's not that Ben Stiller soda. And he has a soda I guess that he's been promoting and it's called Stiller Stillers. The company has raised three point five million dollars and he's doing all these commercials. And I thought it was fake at first, Like I still it gives me a fake vibes, but it's real. And again, I'll get to the other Super Bowl commercial sections. Yeah, I'm Ben and this is my Minnesota stillers. Most sodas either have chow. No, it's not, it's not. Can you stop doing that weird thing? I think he was working great, Ben No. I just just think maybe we should try that other the other idea we had for the voiceover. What other idea? Yeah, hey, I think that's a lot better. None of this is working for the record because the reason I bring this up is because the video I keep seeing is Ben Stiller at the grocery store. Here, he is, here, he is, This is real Ben Stiller at the grocery store. He looks about four feet tall, and he's trying to hawk his soda. But no one's coming up to the demonstration desk to try out. Why we do not talk to Ben Stiller?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And I can identify him immediately. I mean, it's just obviously Ben Stiller, and he's just nobody's yawning, nobody's coming over, nobody's trying out his soda.
Speaker 6: Instead of instead of going over to say hi to Ben Stiller, you're just taping him from a far film, Yeah, recording him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what's happening in this case. It's it's very weird. It is a very strange thing. Anyhow, back to the point, this is less depressing than Ben Stiller's said soda launch. And this is instead the super Bowl commercial that is allegedly going to kill people. And it's the poppy soda commercial from Charlie xc X. And I want to warn everybody if you're watching, and I want you to over on YouTube today. I'm gonna up those numbers today on YouTube YouTube dot com. Slash the news junkie. This is the one that's gonna kill people. Any initial guesses as to why anybody know flashing lights, that's a good guess, flashing, but flashing lights just does seizures in the epileptic mm hm.
Speaker 2: This one's gonna kill people.
Speaker 12: She's gonna get naked and old people are gonna have heart attacks.
Speaker 1: That's another good guess. That's you with two good guesses and Sea Lane with none. All he's done is try to think it out and he hasn't even come up with an answer because the answers have been good.
Speaker 3: I just say, all this guy.
Speaker 1: All right, he started, Yeah, you're getting ahead of yourself a little bit. We're gonna do that during the next.
Speaker 6: Self somebody plugs in that equation somewhere, because there's that a bomb recipe that.
Speaker 1: Would be the greatest if this was like she's in front of a whiteboard, or she's in front.
Speaker 3: Of a code.
Speaker 1: They're on this chalkboard and there's like a Goodwill Hunting style math problem on the chalkboard behind her. If that was the key to developing a nuclear bomb, that this would be all different thing. Josh is onto something. Yes, the flashing lights contained in this could send people into seizures and even potentially be fatal for someone watching the super Bowl because of one of the commercials is all zap crazy on your eye.
Speaker 6: Do we on a regular basis just not have strobe effects on TV for that purpose?
Speaker 2: Like, is there nothing that has Yeah?
Speaker 1: If they do, mostly they'll give you a warning on it. Huh. So here's your warning strobe coming in three two one. Here's the commercial.
Speaker 9: Vibes Sibi vibes, vibes, vibes.
Speaker 1: Vibes. Okay, oh, that's it. It it's a twelve second commercial. And they think that the flashing lights in this commercial are going to send people into seizures and potentially just take the masses and wipe them out worse than COVID it's got to just it's gonna be the biggest extinction event in the history of the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Who is the it really is who is the the group that has come out in uh, you know, in offense of this commercial.
Speaker 1: His name is Frank and he's a guy from Minnesota. Probably now it's probably just four people online, but they're just releasing the commercials. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they released this one. They released the commercial for Poppy Soda with Charlie XCX, who I'm a big fan of. I like all of our songs I like, you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: Can you name them?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah. One is Vibes, you know vibes. Yeah, it's that what this is from. This is an inside joke on that. The other one's chilling on a Sunday, cheering in on a Sunday.
Speaker 3: That's similar to Lord Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're trying to each Sturday. Yeah. They already have Friday last Friday night. Yeah, so you just fill in the blanks. Beware, Charlie XCX's Super Bowl commercial might zap your friend out of existence. It could happen. The other thing people are waiting for is kid Rock has now said in an interview that he has a special surprise planned for his super Bowl halftime show side show thing, the thing that's gonna try to drive some eyeballs away from Bad Bunny and and Kid Rock's like, I got a surprise for you. I'm going to drop during this performance.
Speaker 3: Did he get a new Joe c Uh?
Speaker 1: That would be great? Another little He's like, ladies and gentlemen, it brings out a new little little person. D determined if this performance is going to have an audience, like, are they selling tickets to it? Is?
Speaker 6: Is it just like a who's who of Turning Point USA people.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Did they get President Trump to show up? That would be that would be a big d move. You know, he already said I'm not going to the super Bowl. It's a little far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always California, the stupidest excuse. Yeah, I mean I would guess it's more that. Look, California is not a hotbed of Trump support, and so the people in the stadium might be more apped to give them some booze and stuff.
Speaker 6: And he's like, I don't know about the people in the stadium, because once you're in the stadium, you're you're surrounded by people who have traveled, you know, long distances to be.
Speaker 2: A part of this.
Speaker 1: They've spent a lot of money to be there. Yeah, you know, I'm knowing that those folks are locals, which they probably aren't.
Speaker 6: Some of the people that have the money, that have the capital to be around where President Trump would be at the at the super Bowl would be you know, Trump people.
Speaker 1: It could be him. It could be Trump. It could be Kid Rock shooting more bud like cans. It could be well, I don't know. I mean some sort of surprise is coming our way during Kid Rock's performance, which.
Speaker 2: Paul he said, is he has a surprise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just said he has a surprise, and it's planned for the halftime show. Uh, you know, the the distraction side thing to pull people away who don't want to see bad Buddy in Espanol. And we don't know anymore about it. Now we'll see it might be a letdown, might not be might be another way to kill more people again, an extinction event is on the way as you watch the Big Game this Sunday, So just buckle up, prepare for all of that real quick. Oh should we got to take a break. I did want to get to to a couple of emails, so we'll get to one real quick. Chase emails the show tips at the news junker dot com. Hello news Junkie. I'm a podcast listener and you were discussing the strange things that people eat after listening to the iguana tacos segment from yesterday's show. While they're illegal to hunt here in Florida, sand hill cranes are called the ribbi of the sky. You can hunt them from Texas to the Dakotas. They have a very dark and rich meat that's similar to beef. I just thought I would share. I love the show and thank you for Keemi guns interformed or informed and entertained, says Chase.
Speaker 6: That makes a little sense because I thought that ostrich meat seemed similar to like it was more of a darker steak like meat than like a lighter chicken meat.
Speaker 1: I think it is. Yeah, I've seen ostrich too, and I think it's darker like that. That's the weirdest thing, though, Chase, because I was at Epcot this past weekend and there was a sandhill crane and some guy behind me while we were walking around goes, oh, it's a sand hill crane, and he said, it's the ribbi of the sky. So we have a we have the chicken of the trees, the ribbi of the sky. Is there a filet of the bay? There's one for you. I just can't tell you. I just they're like, see Lane, he is the blank of the blank.
Speaker 3: Oh for me, like PreTect on me.
Speaker 1: I'll let chat tell you see Lane is the blank of the blank and fill in the blank's chat. Well, we take a quick break. When we come back, more of your feedback that is coming our way. Something else happening during the super Bowl halftime show, and six seven's gone and something even worse is here to replace it. So let me just get you ahead of that train that is coming up next on the news junk key. A punishment for Josh is on the way because he was incredibly late today. I didn't look at the clock, but I think it was at least thirty seconds late. I think it was at least thirty seconds late. Wrong, And you definitely came in after well before the intro started. But technically the intro started late, so if the intro would have started at the top of the hour, Josh would have been late. That he benefited from the show starting late. Yes he did.
Speaker 3: He admittedly I did.
Speaker 1: And you were sweating it. I know because you texted Sea Lane and you were like.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, he wasn't supposed to tell you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guess what. We're working together on this all right. Now, we're trying to put us a person down. You had forty five minutes of warning that you were needed here today on the show, and so no excuses are accepted. When the bat phone rings, man, you answer, that's it. You answer, and now you get punished because you were late. Josh's punishment is he's going to be doing the next episode in about thirty minutes, less than thirty minutes on the show, And everybody, I want you to go over. If you've never done this before, I want you to try it out. Here's going to be your first time. Go over to YouTube. It's YouTube dot com slash the News junk the News Junkie with an Ie and watch the YouTube live stream and on chat you're free to heckle Josh throughout the entirety of the next episode. And he's he cannot turn away from it. He has to see what's going on in chat as he's doing the segment. So we'll see if you can stop him in his tracks. We'll see if he's so professional, because he does amaze me with this. Sometimes he may be so professional that he just powers right through it. I really don't like that. Yeah, I don't know what's going to happen, but let's put up some record numbers over there on YouTube. Another way to watch is to go to the news Junki dot com and you'll see the live bar on the top of the website and you'll see the YouTube live stream right there. If you're having any trouble finding it, just search for the News Junkie on YouTube and you should see us live on the show. So everybody jump on board over there on YouTube so we can heckle Josh for the next episode. Meanwhile, I have a question for you before I rant about something Super Bowl related that I think is just a bad, bad idea, real bad idea. But this was a story that grabbed my attention today. Let me bring it up here. Hang on, I got so many clips going today for the show, but this is something that I hadn't heard of before, and I wonder what you Sea, Lane and Josh would do in this case. Experts found a one hundred and fifty year old bottle of alcohol. In Utah. They found this bottle of alcohol and they decided to kick it open and drink it. And I thought, like, one thing, would you take a sip Sea Lane one hundred and fifty years old? I would want to take a sip, But also I would want to go, how can I make the most money off of this? Because in the alcohol world, there is I mean, the alcohol world is rife with inflating the value of the juice based on different factors how it was made, where it was made, what, what's the content of it? But one of the big ones that gets people top dollar is how old is it? How long has this been aged? Trill?
Speaker 6: Now, I know that the aging process happens in barrels, you know, So if it's if it's a bottled it's a bottled alcohol and not a lot's changing there.
Speaker 1: I don't, oh, is that true? So if I just have a bottle of really, really really old alcohol, it doesn't it doesn't really improve it if it's not aging in a barrel in some warehouse somewhere.
Speaker 2: I don't think, Josh, you have any weigh in on this.
Speaker 1: You're an alcohol I know he would drink it. I know that, right, and probably certainly before he gets ready for this the next episode, he'd take a drink of it. He'd sip some of this a bit. Here they are trying it, I believe. Let me see. Let me bring up the clip. This is supposedly them trying.
Speaker 13: Distiller is known for some pretty cool bottle, but perhaps one of the coolest bottles they've ever seen.
Speaker 8: Just walk through their door, and it's over one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Years from an old ghost town.
Speaker 8: I'm in the backup into August, the state historic.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't need you to back up into August. So I just need to see the people drink the one hundred and fifty year old liquor. That's that's what I'm looking for.
Speaker 6: The still spirits age only in barrels where they astract flavors from wood and interact with oxygen, and they stopped aging once bottled wine can continue to evolve and mature in the bottle due to minimal oxygen exchange, although it does not improve indefinitely.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so there's there's a limit on how much better it could get. Then they ended up finding this stuff. It was from an old West Town. It was one hundred and fifty years old. When they picked it up, it was still full and it had the cork in it, and they said, let's drink this son of a bitch.
Speaker 3: Why not.
Speaker 1: You're like, look, twenty twenty six has been rough already. Let's drink this thing now. I want to see if we can see him trying.
Speaker 13: It stealing Isaac Winter as well as Tarah Lindley, the director of Sensory and Product Development.
Speaker 8: They know their alcohol in the chemistry behind me.
Speaker 1: I bet they do.
Speaker 8: Immediately after smelling it, did.
Speaker 1: This you have to try it? I think, yeah, you have to.
Speaker 13: I guess it's not every day you get to taste one hundred and fifty year old alcohol, right, speak for yourself. Drank well, several others in the room did too. With everybody tasting it, they pretty much figured out that it's some sort of beer, but.
Speaker 1: They didn't even know what it was. It was a beer, yeah, they said, it's some sort of beer. It was probably a small beer, is my guess, because that's what everybody drank for a very long period of human history before we started getting potable water in our houses and getting bottles of water, and you know bottles of water like I have here in the studio, like everybody carries around now. They had something called small beer, which was just a very low proof I guess or ABV is that what it is? Beer that even kids drank and stuff, because that way you didn't have any viruses or whatever, and you know, any purities in the drink. So they didn't even know what it was. One hundred and fifty year old bottle and they kick it open, they go, here we go. I think it's some sort of beer. That's what I think we're sipping.
Speaker 8: It had that yeasty taste to it. Getting all of the contents out. They need to uncork it.
Speaker 2: It's an old bottle.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of pressure. You don't want to damnage.
Speaker 8: But they didn't get that cork out. They poured the entire bottle.
Speaker 13: Into little sample containers where they're gonna actually send those to lab.
Speaker 8: Noticed there was a lot of years very kind of true.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, listen to this guy's two hundred and fifty years old, sir, Are you okay?
Speaker 13: They think that actually might be able to be cultured. So if everything is successful, you might actually be able to try this alcohol, or at least.
Speaker 8: One inspired by it. Can I yeah to you toss my history.
Speaker 1: Nice try, pal, Nice try. Josh is the only one on board with that. I'm not. I'm not paying down the road to get something that's an offshoot from this.
Speaker 3: Just want to try it once.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to the show right now and you have an insanely old, hopefully older than one hundred and fifty years bottle of alcohol of sometime, bring it forward. I'll try it on the show. We will. We'll crack it open. Is there a chance of death? Or they didn't even know if this was liquor, They didn't even know what it was when they were drinking this thing. I think a lot of people would probably say no to this, But let us know if you would have sipped on this, if you would have tried this. They did this in Utah where they found one hundred and fifty plus year old bottle of alcohol over.
Speaker 6: To the YT's just say let's yeah, we said one fifty right, one hundred and fifty years, So let's just say it was exactly one hundred and fifty years old on the nose. That would put this bottle at being bottled in eighteen seventy.
Speaker 2: Six, good's pretty old.
Speaker 3: In that year centennial.
Speaker 2: In that year, Colorado became the thirty eighth state in the Union.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh, it's weird to think about it like that.
Speaker 6: In that year, the Law Telegraph Company was founded, which engaged in facility facilitating communications between lawyers in New York City. It was the first company to provide telephone services in New York City.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Stop. What about so your father in law is big into is it whiskey, bourbon? Bourbon? He's big into bourbon. Does he have anything you think that's that old or that would just be No, nobody has stuff.
Speaker 6: I don't think so he might have something in the thirties or forties, maybe maybe maybe a little bit older.
Speaker 2: I don't, but I don't, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you got anything really old that we could try. Hit us up with a photo dispatch of whatever the bottle is on the newsjunkie dot com. Go to the news junki dot com by dispatches, you'll see where you can add a photo dispatch and send a picture of it over and we'll see if we could try that out. I'm I would, I would give it a shot. I think. All right over to the Super Bowl idea. I don't like this. I think it's a I think it's a bad idea, but I guess they're gonna do it anyways, because they don't consult me on these things. But they're doing something to counter program the Super Bowl again. And this year they're bringing back the Puppy Bowl. Now, I want you to remember that the name of this thing is indeed the Puppy Bowl. And now I want to give you the news that's happening this year as this counter programming launches for the Super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 6: Wait, so is the Puppy Bowl counter programming or does it just happen on the same day.
Speaker 1: I thought that Puppy Bowl happens.
Speaker 3: Earlier in the day earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not like counter programming right during it, but it's like the same day of programming, something else to watch. And ABC News says, it's not just puppies this time. What Puppy Bull is embracing older dogs. And the whole idea of the Puppy bol Sir, is that they are all little puppies. They're running around there. I don't want to see some Grandpa ass dogs scooting around on your fake little football field. I don't want to see, God forbid some sort of terrier drop dead in the background as I'm trying to watch this sweet little televised event. But they said there will be a halftime showdown between Team Oldies and Team Goldies, offering a showcase for senior dogs as a reminder that they also need adoption in love, which is true. I agree, I think that's not it's nice. I agree, it's true. Everyone wants the puppy and unfortunately the reality of puppy hood is it's tough, says the lead dog trainer and wrangler. But this year's Puppy Bowl, Puppy Bowl twenty two, twenty two years they've been doing this. They got one hundred and fifty dogs from seventy two shelters across the United States, Puerto Rico, and the British Virgin Islands. They went to the British Virgin Islands to get a couple of puppies. They went to Puerto Rico to scoop up a couple of dogs to bring them over there.
Speaker 6: They actually go there to get them, or can't do They just get a dog and They're like the lineage of this dog goes back to the British version Islands.
Speaker 1: I think they might have gone and got these things. It's Team slick Rick. Well, I no, that's the dog though. When there's a dog named slick Rick, jpaw and Team Fluff and Team Roff are the dogs showing down on this one. The inaugural Puppy Bowl was watched by six million viewers last year. Twelve point eight million people.
Speaker 2: That's not bad thing, that's not bad Puppy Bowl.
Speaker 1: That's more than the Golden Globes. All right, eight point sixty six million watch the celebrities spouting off their nonsense at the Golden Globes, and twelve point eight watch the puppies. Remember that stat folks. All right, we are going to take a Oh I did tell you I have the thing that's replacing sixty seven, which is probably more annoying. I'll give that to you when we come back. We got to get to these emails. There's some heated emails coming in. There are some people who are very mad about something that's taken over their life. And I think this is going to start happening more, and it could happen to you, it could happen in your neighborhood. What is it. We'll get to that. We'll get ready for Josh's the next episode, complete with your heckling and chat over on YouTube and a whole lot more. It's coming up next on the News Junkie. A couple of things I want to mention here. One, Courtney came in and pointed out when we were talking about that bottle of liquor that they found that was over one hundred and fifty years old, that people just drank and they didn't even know what it was. They're like, all right, let's try it.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: From our friend Kevin from Wood Concepts, he gave me these bottles of vodka like forever ago. Yeah, and these are from the USSR, so they're not as old. They're not as old.
Speaker 3: Could be the nineties.
Speaker 1: This could be as young as the nineties, or you know, maybe twenty years old, and now that might be fifty six years old. But it's this mystery vodka that's just been sitting inside this bottle from the USSR from Moscow for all of these years, and we should perhaps try this out if you think about it.
Speaker 6: Some of the expensive like whiskeys and scotches and stuff for aged forty years, and that means they were put in the barrel after you were born.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, this is at all on. Maybe we'll try this out on secret shows later on in the show, we'll see. Okay, here is a story about a neighborhood that is incredibly pissed off. They are upset with something happening in their area. And it's because this has been happening in neighborhoods all over the country, where one particular thing is growing very very fast. It's a sport and it's ruining things. It's ruining things in their neighborhood. That sport is pickleball. And they said the local pickleball place that's behind their homes is loud and annoying and it's ruining everything for them. Now I would say, oh my god, suck it up. It's not the biggest deal. How late are they even open, et cetera, et cetera. But one time I complained because there was this couple, and this couple said the playground across the street is too loud, it's making too much noise. And everybody laughed at this old couple were like, oh, the kids on the swings bothering you. And then we played a news report with what the playground sounded like, and it was the most obnoxious, unbelievable. Everybody would hate it sound you could ever hear. It was so bad. I don't know if we could find that story see Lane to bring people back. But this sort of reminds me of I don't even remember that story. Look Up like a look up. Couple complains playground noise and everybody thought, oh my god, poor you, You're gonna be okay. The playground is too loud with the kids having fun. And then when I played the clip and heard the playground noise, that go, oh my god. In this case, it's a pickleball court in Alfaretta, Georgia. Let's see what's happening after tennis.
Speaker 15: Courts in their neighborhood were converted into pickleball court. Let me turn it up a little bit, say the noise permeates their homes. Channel is Cannis McCowan live now in Alpharetta. At one of those homes, they say, this is the time Cannis when they typically hear that noise.
Speaker 1: How bad is it? Yeah?
Speaker 16: And George, I'll tell you, it's dinner time. That's something they're typically doing right now. They're actually inside doing homework, but they say they're sometimes they're joined by the noise that is coming from these pickleball courts here, when they're hearing those pickaballs hitting off of rackets, pickleballs.
Speaker 17: It's in my bedroom, it's in my office, it is everywhere in my home.
Speaker 16: It's not that bad father home in Alpharetta is glenn Abbey subdivision years ago, with plans.
Speaker 1: Are forever disappearing.
Speaker 3: In the chair, her chair enormous or is she just tiny?
Speaker 1: She's tiny, and maybe that's why she's more.
Speaker 2: Impacted by the house pickleballs.
Speaker 5: House.
Speaker 3: I could hit it to the rest room.
Speaker 1: Even she's just a little ways away from being the lollipop pickleball. She she's very upset by this. So far, it's not that annoying.
Speaker 17: Let's see and how you know, raise our kids here and then have our grandkids here. That dream is slipping away.
Speaker 9: Too.
Speaker 1: She's like, our dream is slipping away, and you're your dream is very sensitive.
Speaker 16: More tennis courts when they moved in recently, the tennis courts were converted into pickleball courts. Despite Carol, her husband and other neighbors.
Speaker 17: How is that my kids are wearing headsets in the house because the pickleball is so loud and disruptive. Well, she's been, you know, personally mentally exhausting.
Speaker 16: But they're not letting the pickleball battle go. Turning to city even county leaders.
Speaker 17: We are doing is reaching out to other people and just not focusing on us, but just making sure that people are aware of this issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got to be aware of this issue. It's not a micro issue just for you that didn't see nobody. You're calling it a micro issue because the Yeah, she's little, but our ears are just as big as the rest of us. She says. It's really really annoying. She says, we can't escape it. What do you think, folks, is she whined about nothing? Let us know, give us your thoughts right now. Send a dispatch over at the newsjunkie dot com. Did you find that random story that I just toought you impossible mission?
Speaker 2: What was the noise? Was it thumping balls?
Speaker 1: I believe it was a swing set or something. There was something on the playground and they were complaining, and then it got to the point where they were gonna show what it sounded like, and it goes. It was like, wow, okay, never mind, right, it's annoying. How could they ever deal with this like it legitimately was that bad? At least it seemed.
Speaker 6: No, that's not the right, that's not The couple hit with noise warning after neighbors complaining about sex quote louder than a lawnmower unquote, which.
Speaker 1: Wow, all right, Uh, let me see complaint. I'll find this well, we'll find it at some point in time, and I'll bring that to you. Hopefully. Playground too loud. It's out there somewhere in news. It's a pretty vague thing.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of noise complaints, a lot of Karen's.
Speaker 1: I think I found it, my mother, I think I think I found it. Hang on if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I'm gonna give this a shot. I think this might be The video.
Speaker 2: School decided to expand their playground.
Speaker 1: They added some musical instruments.
Speaker 16: And some members couldn't stand the constant noise, so they took manners into their own hands.
Speaker 18: Yes, yourmontery is live in Orland Park, w' parents city homeowners across the line Tremont.
Speaker 1: I don't know this is this might be it. If it's the story, it's way worse than people, Joe.
Speaker 19: This playground pits parents against neighbors.
Speaker 3: And when school.
Speaker 19: District I'm here the playground with bills, an xylophone and drums.
Speaker 1: Xophone xylophone, I think you said that right as bills as an exylophone.
Speaker 12: A lot of weird pronunciations from newspeople today with jam yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 10: Orland Park or parents city home across the.
Speaker 19: Line, tramont an xylophone, Erica and Joe. This playground pits parents against neighbors, and when school District one thirty five expanded the playground with bills and xylophone and drums, the sounds alone left some neighbors furious. But what one neighbor did and return lairing explicit music.
Speaker 1: Oh no the playground.
Speaker 19: No, that's different Erry Elementary School and oil in Parks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is different. This is that they blared some offensive music, vulgar music to protest the kids on the playground. And whoever said drown out the xylophones? Somebody said, who could be so upset by kids who were playing on a playground? So easy to find, is it, buddy? Hmm uh. I see so many stories about this, but I don't the problem. I don't see the one if you can find. They sent it to tips at the news Junker dot com. We'll get it at some point in time during the show. Before I get to your emails. I wanted to warn you that apparently the six to seventh thing is totally gone, right, even though Kamala Harris is still using it. She just launched an account for getting zoomers into politics and they named it you know something six seven and I it's like, oh, I thought this was over with, but the kids have now moved on to another completely pointless, useless thing that they're saying over and over again. And it's chicken banana. Chicken banana sounds sounds like something from like Minecraft. Kim Jackie, I want you to play this for Jackson Sea Lane because I think he'll like chicken banana. And this is where it comes from, this this viral video chicken.
Speaker 8: Chicken.
Speaker 1: You understand what's happening now? I like it better than You're right.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: As dumb as this is already, I'm trying.
Speaker 6: To think he's already heard it, like if this is showing up in his YouTube feed.
Speaker 1: He might you might know, and he's gonna start watering around your house going chicken banana. That's the new thing. It doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 6: Variety is good because you know, he's learning new songs as you know, as as the days go on all the time.
Speaker 1: And some of them are some of them are good.
Speaker 2: Some of them you know, a little weird.
Speaker 1: The Finger Family song is super weird. What's the Finger Family? That does sound a bit weird. The Finger Family is like, uh they Coco Melon, Miss Rachel kind of thing, and uh they just look for Finger Family songs. Yeah, buddy, that sounds like I'm gonna be on a list. Well Finger Family song?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Uh Coco Melon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do that one all right?
Speaker 1: Here it is fingers yeah, sure, all right here.
Speaker 5: We are.
Speaker 20: Finger Family, Daddy Finger where all the time, my house, man, you.
Speaker 1: Let this play in your house.
Speaker 2: It's a thing, man, and you're in now he sings it.
Speaker 1: Are you telling me that Jackson is running around your house going Daddy Finger Daddy.
Speaker 2: He doesn't the words as well as you did.
Speaker 1: But yeah, oh my god, but then it gets weird.
Speaker 6: CPS, doesn't it goes mommy Finger sister Finger, whole family Finger, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me the baby fingers at some point, baby fingers at the end. Oh my god, it's I can't even play, my god. Let's get him on this this front instead. This is better in every way. It's the new six seven doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 6: Just as nonsensical as that pen pineapple apple pen thing that was hot for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeh, chicken banana one hundred and sixty nine million views. One hundred and sixty nine million views for this stupid song, and that is causing a lot of kids to start saying chicken banana for no reason whatsoever. Right, it's quite the thing.
Speaker 6: Also, I apologize to all the other parents who use us as an escape and had to hear the Finger Family song. They didn't expect that you've been You've been using us to avoid that stupid song.
Speaker 2: That's somewhat awkward.
Speaker 1: We'll give you all a little bit of this really old stilitch n eye of vodka that's in the studio. This is going to be a game changer for everybody. But Josh's punishment is next. I want you all to make your way over to YouTube, all right, if you've never been before during the stream. Do me a huge favor, just just for this next segment, go over to YouTube. Josh is going to do the next episode. Since he was late for the show today, unbelievably, unceremoniously late for the show today, he has to be subjected to chat roasting him during the entirety of his the next episode segment in just a bit, and so you can go join in on that. He cannot look away. I must, he must look at the chat and he cannot shut it down. But jump on board right now. Go over to YouTube Slash the News Junkie YouTube dot com Slash the News Junkie. If that's too hard for you, go to the News Junki dot com. The live bander right on top, hit play and you'll be involved. But I want to see you in chat. We're gonna see what we can do next. And Josh might be such a damn professional that he just gets through it with nothing. Maybe you trip him up. We're gonna find out that is coming up next on the News Junkie. Jump over. If you're live on YouTube right now. If you've never watched before, I want you to just take a moment, pop out your phone do whatever you have to to bring up the YouTube stream. I want to see if we can put up some numbers here, and I want to see if you can jump in and help to distract Josh from his segment. That's gonna happen here in just a moment. So go over to YouTube and search for the News Junkie. You should see the account live or just put in YouTube dot com slash the News Junkie with an ie, or if you can't do any of those things, go to the Newsjunkie dot com and you'll see the live bar on top, and that should be even easier. Okay, we're getting there, six hundred and forty and rising, six forty en rising, moving forward, Grab your phone, go over to YouTube. I come, slash the News Junkie. Get in on the bonanza. This is we're doing it right now. YouTube dot com Slash the News Junkie. Now before we get into the next episode. I'm so pissed off. Somebody in Chad just said, hey, did anybody else get this sweet mailbox money last night? I said, Selon did he got it? What was that for?
Speaker 6: I was at the mailbox money from Apple where it was like, uh, they said serious buying on you somehow, and they got all the monies I got, Like, I think I got the maximum that people were getting forty dollars cents.
Speaker 8: That's not bad.
Speaker 6: Because they they had a maximum number of devices you could claim. And since I have like all the Apple devices that have SERI, the watch, the iPad, multiple iPads, laptops, phones over the years, and so I just went for the max. I went for I went for the bonanza. Good for you, the whole damn thing. I got nothing, Josh. I then also got mailbox moneys last night, didn't you. But I did get them from.
Speaker 12: Some sort of EpiPen settlement because one time I had an EpiPen, so they sent me nine whole dollars.
Speaker 2: Are you what are you allergic to that you need an EpiPen?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I was just like breaking out in hive. So the doctor gave me one just in case.
Speaker 1: Better safe than sorry kind of EpiPen.
Speaker 12: Surely, Hey, we don't know. So here's a shot that will bring you back to life.
Speaker 1: All right, everybody get in on the action right now. YouTube dot com slash the news junkie, or go over to YouTube and search for the news yunkie. Bring up this stream and we'll see what we can do here. It's time for it. Let's do the next stepisode, because.
Speaker 21: There's a lot on TV and you can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else.
Speaker 1: Are you going to talk about? Bonanza?
Speaker 21: It's time for the next episode with.
Speaker 12: Me't good enough of that?
Speaker 3: Bonanza? Can't tell you else? Tell you else?
Speaker 1: You already got him? Who else you got him? Checked?
Speaker 12: Bring you a bonanza of help? Is that mortgage guy Don?
Speaker 2: That's right, That mortgage guy Don is the one that's gonna help you're trying to refie. I know that there are some there are some stirrings that the rates are getting to a good spot where if you want to lower your payments you might want to talk to that mortgage guy Don. Or if you want to get yourself a brand new house, you want to get a second house, you want a business loan, hold that mortgage guy Don is the guy to talk to you. You want to egg tram?
Speaker 1: That's right?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, you got got trump.
Speaker 6: Excuse me, yes, the reverse the reverse mortgage and we better you know it's better known three.
Speaker 3: Time this guy.
Speaker 2: Uh, I've done that twice.
Speaker 3: Every time.
Speaker 2: Calm down, you're the one getting heckled.
Speaker 3: Here, Well, let me get to the segment.
Speaker 6: So you know, if you got a quote, you want a better quote, you can do the compare quote calculator. Reach out to him at that mortgage guy don dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Josh looks like Jonah Downhill. That's pretty good, Kenny, Kenny, pretty brutal. You can see what.
Speaker 3: Would you should have written for the people at the roast?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: This lady right here?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know who that is?
Speaker 12: Cardi b is correct, cardib Bell callis Almonds? Are is their government name? Apparently she is favored to be the guest appearance on the Super Bowl halftime show with really Interesting, listed at minus two hundred odds. So if you bet two hundred dollars, you can win one hundred dollars. Isn't that nice? You can make a special guest appearance. According to Bett Online, other favorites include Rau Alejandra not sure who that is, Carol g Mark, Anthony I've heard of Carol g Yes, Travis Scott, and also Jennifer.
Speaker 1: Low Leady.
Speaker 3: No, she's just in the article.
Speaker 12: Plus five hundred odds for Jennifer Lopez to show up at the Super Bowl, so probably not gonna happen. Cardi B means the uh most popular pick as she will be.
Speaker 3: There because she's dating stuff on Diggs.
Speaker 1: We're almost at seven hundred over on on YouTube. We're right there, floating at it. They're roasting away at Josh right now. Last push, folks, just pick us up right now. Go to YouTube dot com, slash the news junkie or search for the news yunkie on YouTube. They're being pretty brutal, but he's staying focused.
Speaker 3: He's okay.
Speaker 12: Speaking of pick me up, here's Andy Dick talking about when he was umped over on the street. Well, I came to sat up and I said, where's the vodka. I can't play the rest of the clip because Jamie Kennedy curses, but that was on Jamie Kennedy's podcast. Andy Dick was revealing the first words out of his mouth after someone put narcan up his nose. He says, he said, where's the vodka. The comedian recalled his overdose after smoking an unknown substance on the street on the Hate to Break It to Your podcast with hosts.
Speaker 3: Jamie Kennedy and Andy.
Speaker 12: Has apparently been sober for fifty days now, So we're happy for him.
Speaker 3: Is that not right?
Speaker 12: You're really trying to get me? I see, No, see what you're doing. We'll move on this.
Speaker 6: Guy, Indiana Jones.
Speaker 12: No, Harrison Ford, you were so close, he says Shrinking. The show could be sufficient to end his acting career. Shrinking just started rolling out episodes of its third season and a fourth has been ordered already.
Speaker 2: That's high praise.
Speaker 12: So he was being interviewed. A whole panel of them were and he was asked where do you go? Or, he answers, where do you go from here? The kind of work that we're able to do is remarkable, given the tools we have to work with and the notion that lies behind this series, And if it was all over here, that would be sufficient, said the eighty three year old star, while seated alongside his cast mates.
Speaker 3: He said, this has.
Speaker 12: Been a different kind of job for me, and I've been doing this for a long time. This is very special and it really nurtures me and makes me feel like what we're doing has value and importance.
Speaker 3: I look for that in my life and I'm happy to have found it here.
Speaker 12: So good for him, he'll be happy to retire now if he has to do we have Sean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm here, I'm here, I'm sitting here, and I'm going all right. We just broke past seven hundred and we completely lost the connection with it. We broke it. It's like, what is going on? Yah? Who at iHeart? Which one of you suits is sabotaging this right now? As we skyrocket to record numbers on the on the YouTube stripe? Who is pulling on the levers behind the scenes? Did you lose us at all? I lost you completely? Oh my god? Yeah, this is ridiculous story. Yeah, no, I mean it was probably great.
Speaker 2: The last thing we heard from Sean was no, yeah, perfect.
Speaker 1: When you're being vaporized, I got completely vaporized and severed. They're trying to shut us down. Don't let them do it. YouTube dot Com, Slash the News Junkie, go ahead, Josh.
Speaker 12: Amazon pulled Milania from a movie theater, the film, not the actual person.
Speaker 3: From a movie. Aggressive mix some jokes on it, But Lara, are you taking me?
Speaker 12: Apparently Donald Trump and Jeff Bezos do not have a huge sense of humor.
Speaker 3: When we knew that.
Speaker 12: The Lake Theater and Cafe and Lake oswego that's an Oregon had touted last week's release of Amazon MGM's controversial documentary with declarations such as does Milania wear Prada? Find out Friday and quoting Sun Zou's The Art of War. To Defeat your enemy, you must know them. Malania starts Friday on the Marquee. The manager, Oh yeah, the manager of the theater said the studio was not happy and did not appreciate his take on marketing their film, and they pulled it. And he said that prior to that, to that, the theater sold a whopping one hundred and ninety six dollars worth of tickets to the film.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They're just trying something different.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. And it sounds like he tried it just to because he didn't care about the movie, and then he wanted to just roaster on the you know, the Marquee outside of his business.
Speaker 3: Probably why not. It's Oregon. It's to be expected. It's related to this band. But that's right.
Speaker 12: The woman caught his wife at the Coldplay concert is now going to be a keynote speaker at a Crisis PR conference in April.
Speaker 1: Here it is in front of me.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Story yeah, Yeah, this is the woman from the Coldplay viral video and becos if they actually use the picture of her from the video, like, yeah, like they have some sort of headshot of her in this CEO with his arms around her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be kind of fun.
Speaker 12: It would be funny. When describing her speaking gig. The conference's website states Cabot has experienced firsthand the extremity of public shaming that women have long experienced when in the negative spotlight of the media, one their male counterparts often seem to avoid. During this session, the former Astronomer Chief People Officer and her pr representative industry legend Denny von Muffling share the strategy, both immediate and long term, that has helped Cabot take control of the narrative.
Speaker 1: How are you not distracted by the absolute bombardment?
Speaker 2: Comments in all caps?
Speaker 6: In order to do the next episode, you must be gay.
Speaker 3: I thought about that. That's pretty good. That is good.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, Sea, Len's done.
Speaker 3: It's daddy finger.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: The White House is now quoting this show the sopranas.
Speaker 3: That's right, got some google.
Speaker 12: The White House is talking about bringing back a Christopher Columbus statue or bringing one to the White House grounds in the first place, and when asked about it, spokesman Davis Ingele said, in each White House Chriscopher Columbus is a hero into story, so he.
Speaker 3: Did not direct quote Tony.
Speaker 1: JFK and I they were roasting his accents earlier this.
Speaker 3: I missed that part.
Speaker 1: YouTube dot com slash the news junk.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with the freaking exha anyway? And finally this.
Speaker 12: Lady Jello, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck have once again pulled their fifty two million dollar Beverly Hills mansion off the market. No idea why it's a three page story for no gd reason.
Speaker 2: That's a three page story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, figure that out.
Speaker 2: How many affiliate links are in the middle of all this texts?
Speaker 12: A million and a half at least on the boob Tube. I'm pretty sure the Olympics are starting on NBC. Jimmy Kimmel has some people, so does Stephen Colbert, and also Jimmy Fallon and Seth Myers for you as well. You know, we're very happy that these celebrities get to go on late night shows and so whatever it is they're selling, and that's your next episode for two day.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, goodbye.
Speaker 1: I gotta go. They're got him go. He couldn't do it, so they said he couldn't do it. You said he couldn't do it, and then they tried to stop him, literally in the middle of him doing it. So what's next? iHeart pulling plugs over there, kicking out data connections. And when we come back, A couple bought a house and now they say, we cannot live here. We cannot live in this house. And this story that's going viral, it's because of something they discovered in the basement. I want to see what your reaction would be if this was your house. But I would still live here. We'll see if you would. What is freaking this couple out that's in the basement of this house that they purchased. That is coming up next on the news Junkie. In a word, I tried the vodka during the break. In a word, I would say wrong, something has gone wrong.
Speaker 6: I mean, you don't drink warm vodka. Did you get Courtney to taste it? She likes that she's an expert.
Speaker 1: Look, she knows her way around the bottle of Vodkashaw not you. This is from the US warm vodka Kevin for what God's concepts gave it to us, giving two bottles of this stuff a million years ago. It's like this was smuggled in after the USSR was formed. And I took a sip and it's it tastes like motor oil. Oh yeah, like like something has gone wrong with it. But now it's already in my body. So I don't even know what to do.
Speaker 3: Better dead than red.
Speaker 1: Might I might end up on the wrong side of that here. All right, let's tell you this story because I said that there was a couple that has bought a house on a quiet street in Beaver County. All right, beaver Pennsylvania. We make fun of Beaver Pennsylvania from time to time. We used to make fun of Beaverton organ a lot that Beaver didn't organ. It was that was that was the target we had for a while because we were trying to take the attention off a floor to being mocked too much. And these people bought this house. It's beautiful. I mean, let me show the streamers and you can go up to YouTube dot com, slash the news junkie. This is the house these people bought.
Speaker 3: Nice place.
Speaker 1: First of all nice, right, you guys would stay in this house, I would be It's gorgeous or gorgeous, they say. And it's got a nice little path to the front door of the house. It looks like it's got some age to it. And what what style house is it?
Speaker 2: Draconian?
Speaker 1: Draconian? I don't know if that's right.
Speaker 3: That doesn't sound right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds wrong, but it's an older house. Victorian might be right, Josh, that sounds a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Show is the home alone house because it kind of looks like that.
Speaker 1: It does a little bit. It's like where it's got all these windows along the front and then a central entrance.
Speaker 3: It's Georgian style.
Speaker 1: Georgian. It's a Georgian style home that this couple bought in Beaver, Pennsylvania, and they're pissed off and they don't want to live here anymore. And I tell you what's going on with this house? And I want you to tell me if you if you bought this place, would still just live there. It looks like the Father of the Bride house kinda. It's a beautiful house. Like I just from a glance, I go, this house has some history in it and I love it. The property listing in Beaver, Pennsylvania extolled the countless charms of the colonial revival. There was the grand foyer with a handmade railing, the built in cabinets in beautiful hardwood floors, the covered porch offering stunning views of the nearby Ohio River. This home adorns many wonderful features. The listing red and outstanding details throughout. One detail, however, was notably absent from the listing, the sizeable swastika arranged in permanent tile on the basement floor. They said, the omission has become the source of an unusual legal battle, a disturbing discovery that's weaved its way through state court systems and raised questions legal and otherwise about what represents a material defect in a property. And they said, these people bought this house.
Speaker 6: Oh, you could argue this is not a material defect unless that tile is leaking.
Speaker 1: What they said, what sea lane? What is permanent tile?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: I always I think there's no such thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it said, permanent tile.
Speaker 6: You could always put a layer of flooring on top of it, like you cover. You could cover the tile in acoustic matting and put wood floor over it. Or you could, you know, put any number of like sticker tiles or something you can cover this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody he fresh Rock says, oh mg, just break the effing tile. Yeah, what makes this a permanent thing? And you're so scared of a stupid symbol that you're not going to live in the house, Because that's what the family is saying. I'll give you more. Daniel and Lynn ray Wentworth closed on this five bedroom home in twenty twenty three for around five hundred and fifty thousand dollars. It was easy to see the draw. Anchored in a spacious lodge just a block from the river, the home was idyllic by just about any measure. But shortly after moving in, they're clearing out the basement and they discovered a grim iconography in the tile, a swastika, along with an image of what they think is like a Nazi eagle. Oh yeah, yeah, they said. According to the Wentworst, the tiled areas were covered by rugs during the inspection of the home. H right, and which is all you would have to do, Yeah, put a rug over it. But they're saying they won't even live in the house. Mortified, they said, they filed a complain in Beaver County Court. They said they never would have bought the home had they known about the tiled floor, nor they said could they be expected to live in the home or sell it given its condition and their complaint. They said it would cost thirty thousand dollars to replace the floor. This is just something you'd never expect to have to deal with. The seller, an eighty five year old German immigrant who had lived in the home for nearly half a century, did not share this view. In response to their suit.
Speaker 2: He moved to the US in nineteen forty one.
Speaker 3: What was going on?
Speaker 12: I'm a little suspicious cousins in Argentina.
Speaker 1: I bets names. Albert Torrance. Yeah, and it might have been Adolph before he before he came over here and switched it up a little bit. It's just me his head off Torrence. Albert Torrets said in a court filing that purely psychological stigmas sigmas do not constitute material defects of property, and a seller has no duty to disclose them. I agree with it. Think you mother.
Speaker 3: So good?
Speaker 1: Why? Why?
Speaker 5: Son of a bitch?
Speaker 1: Yes, I knew I only have one chance to get that.
Speaker 2: I'm done today. I am so done.
Speaker 1: He stomped on it, so the audio is no longer good. And I've already said what I needed to say.
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 1: I agree with that old guy, is what I said. What's more, he argued the went Words had failed to identify any untruthful or inaccurate statements he'd made regarding the property. In an interview, Torrance denied the homes previous owner was a supporter. It was the symbol there because he didn't like him, all right, put them into basement the first place. He said. He was reading a book about the Swaska being co opted by the Germans, and he decided to include the symbol of the basement renovation project and placed a rug over it not long after and forgot about it. Come on, come on, I'm not buying a German Man, all right, I don't. Yeah, I don't buy this. So they require you to disclose a lot of things when you sell a house. But one of them is not about hate symbols and stuff like that. No, but this couple is like, we will not live in the house. We will not live in this house, we will not stay under this roof.
Speaker 6: I feel like the couple is being Yeah, a little bit like it's not that big a deal. I mean, I don't want to yeah, but it's it's fixable. And I think maybe the seller obviously wanted to cover these up for inspection and for all that because they had a chance to go and.
Speaker 1: This could be on the inspector.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Also, it's not really the inspector's job to look for, you know, Nazi symbols on the floor or anything. But the problem that the buyer has is they've gone through with it, whereas they could have. They could have in the deal said listen, uh, I uh, will will buy the property for this amount of money with the stipulation that you guys get rid of that Nazi tile before I take over this this house.
Speaker 1: And that would have worked.
Speaker 6: I think there's things in place that they have to like it's part of the contract. Like when you're buying and selling a house, there's stuff that they put in the contract. Like if when you toured the house, uh, there was a there was a washer dryer there, and they're like this does not commute or does.
Speaker 3: Not convey, does not convey convey.
Speaker 1: No, But just like just like you have stipulations in the contract for stuff like that. There, there's other things that if it's part of the contract, it has to be there. For example, when I was buying my current house, in the process, some delivery driver or somebody backed into our brick mail box and destroyed it, right, But that was part of the house, and the company that sold it to us still own the house, they still operated the house.
Speaker 2: They had to fix it.
Speaker 6: They had to pay a mason to come over and lay new bricks and build us a new damn mailbox, because you know, that's part of what's there.
Speaker 1: So So the swastikas in your sunken living room, you knew they were there. You were aware those were installed after we bought it. Okay, yeah, I see, I see.
Speaker 2: I don't have a sunk in living room.
Speaker 1: I've got this couple talking about this.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's not sunk it anymore because I filled it with somebody swast I own it, which is horrific.
Speaker 18: This is her after months of searching.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're doing an interview in these It's so horrific. I won't sleep in this house, but.
Speaker 6: I will do the interview sitting on top of the Nazi tile.
Speaker 1: It's like witchcraft. She's on top of the actual part of the tile that she's so offended by.
Speaker 18: And her husband were thrilled to find what they thought was their dream.
Speaker 6: Hell, we loved the historical nature of it and the fact that there's a opportunity.
Speaker 1: It's definitely historically updated.
Speaker 16: Uh huh.
Speaker 8: He got flair.
Speaker 18: During the home inspections and walk through, they say everything seemed to be okay until ended up buying it in twenty twenty three. But months after moving in, Lynn Ray says she was in the basement with her nephew working to clean up a few things left behind cellar and it wasn't until they removed a large rug and table that they found a very large problem.
Speaker 1: It came down and I was like, there's something tiled into the floor here and show it news.
Speaker 2: Just step over here, and you're like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they censored it out in these people's house because it's too offensive for broadcasts, I guess. And the couple was like, well, we can't live here anymore. We can't did up the tile or say like sea lings and just put something over the top of the tile. For God's sake, It's not that big of a deal, all right.
Speaker 6: I think this is what the most you're going to lose, like from your floor or from your floor to ceiling by just tiling over the tile or putting wood floor over the tile. I wouldn't do wood because it's the basement, but any of that stuff a quarter inch.
Speaker 1: If that, you know, yeah, yeah, this is not enough for you to like get rid of this house or get you know, some giant payout. I just don't think that's going to work.
Speaker 2: They want this guy to pay for the tile. I think this is all a ploy.
Speaker 1: They shouldn't have gone through with the contract, and now that they did, they're kind of kicking themselves because they don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think they have a legal recourse. Like they said, the tile is not defective.
Speaker 1: No, it's working perfectly fine. It's just you don't like what it. Yeah, you know, you know, like what it says on it. I love the German guy going this was. This was against those guys. I don't support those guys. This was I made this sign on my tile as a middle finger to those folks who doesn't do it this ways. First, let us know what you think. If you bought a house, you pulled up the rugs and this is what you saw. Would you still sleep in that house or would you fight it like this couple is. Give us a note on this, Send an email to tips at the news junky dot com or record a dispatch and we'll hear from you here on the show today. Record yours now at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, so mad, so mad? I'm still so mad.
Speaker 1: It could have been the opportunity of a lifetime. People months and years down the road would have been like, why is Sean saying that? There's no context that could ever make that make sense it? But it's a bonanza today.
Speaker 2: There's plenty of bonanza. It's banz.
Speaker 6: I was searching for a different clip because I know, I know I have you saying Nazis.
Speaker 1: Issue no delete those quick break. When we come back, we'll give you updates about these school protests that are going on. We got jury duty queued up here on Congratulations to him. Congrats Adolf Hitler. That's that again, and there are more people clapping. I'll point to the fact that there were more people he was in the studio that day break. When we come back, we've got a lot more on the way up coming up next on the News junkie. Right now. The press conference that I talked about earlier for Nancy Guthrie, who has now been missing for five days, Savannah Guthrie's mom is underway. They are they are doing the press conference right now, and I want to see what's going on because I've heard there's been some pretty explosive things, some responses to some of the reporting, and a bunch of other things that have been said at this press conference. So I've zoomed it back to the beginning. It's going on live right now. But you're not going to miss anything, all right. I'm going to bring this up. Let's see what we have here from the press conference about Nancy Guthrie, the missing mother of Savannah Guthrie. Here's the sheriff. Good morning, all right. I'll have to pull this way up. I hope you don't worry. He's the quietest sheriff in the world. I can certainly make it loud.
Speaker 6: Nobody has taken them aside and been like brother, no beak up a little.
Speaker 5: Bit chaotic, people yelling, so I'd ask that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I got it, Crank.
Speaker 5: I want to be patient with me.
Speaker 22: Pay attention to the questions ask because sometimes you guys want to ask the same question twice and you get the same answer, So help yourself get what you can out of this.
Speaker 5: I'm going to give you one question and a follow up.
Speaker 1: I think they're probably gonna turn up their mics in a second.
Speaker 5: Before we get there. I do have some comments.
Speaker 22: First of all, I want to begin by offering our condolences to our partners at the State Department of Public State.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I thought he was going in a different direction there.
Speaker 22: They lost two members last night in a helicopter crash.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, Oh my god, there was that chopper crash, I guess, and two people die. That's what he's talking about here.
Speaker 22: So if you would keep them in your prayers, Colonel Glover and his team, I'm sure would a great appreciated.
Speaker 1: This guy is so quiet.
Speaker 5: Along the same lines I think you all saw last night. I'm trying to speak up, not yell.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Apparently I talk saw yeah, he does. You heard my volume at three right now. If a normal audio thing happens, it's going to blow everybody's ears out. But hopefully that doesn't occur.
Speaker 2: A way, don't get an email.
Speaker 5: I m I saw last night. The family.
Speaker 22: You know, they just hurt understandably so and so I really want you to know this entire team here, those behind me and our community are hurting with you.
Speaker 5: We really just want Mom back.
Speaker 1: Okay, real quick. They just announced right now the FBI has up the reward to fifty thousand dollars five zero fifty thousand dollars. Consider that some of the reports suggests that there is a ransom for millions of dollars in bitcoin, and that may be strategic that they're doing such small numbers. But the earlier it was fifteen thousand dollars was the reward. Now the FBI is adding in I guess fifty five zero.
Speaker 5: Thousand right now. We believe Nancy is still out there.
Speaker 22: We want our home, our department, our department, the sheriff's department, along with all.
Speaker 5: Of our partners at the FBI, have been working around the clock.
Speaker 1: Kurtsis, how do they not address the audio issue? It's just him.
Speaker 22: We just want her home and get and find a way to all of this, just as you do. But I have other partners out there who have stepped up, and you've probably noticed them in the last few guys off, not the last few hours.
Speaker 5: And you can see more of that.
Speaker 22: I've made a decision to contact our PECRET team and those of you not local, that's our PEMA.
Speaker 5: Regional Critical Incident Team. It's made up of law enforcement officers from this entire valley.
Speaker 1: They weren't on this yet.
Speaker 22: Yaki Police Department, Tucson Police Department, ran A Police Department, Oral Valley Police Department, Pima College Police, this is Tucson International Police Department, so Rita Police, so many of them.
Speaker 5: And they are going to help tremendously.
Speaker 22: And that's really done because we have so much in.
Speaker 5: Front of us still and we're hoping that.
Speaker 22: You know, I know the FBI has committed a very large number of men and women.
Speaker 1: He's got a officer behind him at this press conference who has not come up and said anything at They might say something at some point. I'm going to scoot forward a little bit in this and see if we get to some of the drama that's happened here and here he goes back to the press conference.
Speaker 22: Every one of them, and so we're gearing up. You probably have some questions about what you've seen in the last time we go to questions, I'll gladly answered those at that time.
Speaker 5: Okay, not yet, but it really is.
Speaker 22: About getting our partners out there. To be fair, When we went to that scene the first night, Saturday night, it was just us. Since then, the FBI and others have asked, can we go and see it as well?
Speaker 5: And that's what you've been seeing.
Speaker 22: But it is a very important case to not just me and my team, but this entire community, all of our law enforcement partners.
Speaker 1: This guy's so strange.
Speaker 5: Suspects, I know there's been a lot out there.
Speaker 22: Oh here it is about and I want to be very clear, at this time, we have not identified a suspect or a person of interest in this case. We are working our best to do that. But to be clear, we have nobody of interest or any suspects that you would consider a prime suspect. We're just not there. We're not there yet.
Speaker 5: The timeline, I think we've got it on the board, do we not?
Speaker 1: So the timeline blah blah blah. Let me let me go forward a little bit to maybe where he's asking some questions or answering some questions.
Speaker 5: And at eleven fifty six, as.
Speaker 1: Still going over the timeline, this is the FBI. You might be louder, you might want to hear it down.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Sheriff.
Speaker 23: Hello, I'm gonnat Yankey, the special dating in charge of the FBI's Phoenix Division. First, I want to let the Guthrie family know that our hearts are heavy for them after seeing your message last night. It is clear that you and your family are in pain. Please know that we are doing everything to bring your mother home.
Speaker 1: All right, So he's talking about the message from Savannah Guthrie, the Today Show host who her and her family was sitting down. We watched this at the start of the show if you missed it, and they said we got to bring her back a lot. It was. It was a very emotional video. It was very very emotional, tough to watch actually, the family going through that. But they said to the person who's doing this, we need a proof of life video. We want to see that our eighty four year old mother is still alive. Right now. I don't know if they've gotten that. I don't know if they mentioned that here. I'm going to go forward again a bit.
Speaker 6: Okay, real quick, the you skip the FBI guy, They said that somebody was arrested for impersonating the kidnappers. Really will should I go back to that possibly, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know where in his section of sheriff Department.
Speaker 23: And we're going to start today by announcing a fifty thousand dollars reward for information leading to the recovery of Nancy Guthrie and or the arrest and conviction of anyone involved in her disappearance.
Speaker 5: And this will be the mission.
Speaker 24: Persons with the reward that will be going out.
Speaker 23: The FBI has agents, analysts, and professional staff employees working day and night with our partners at the Sheriff's Department. We have deployed additional intelligence and agents from our Phoenix office. We have brought in our Critical Incident Response Group from Quantico Virginia. Members from our Cellular Analysis Survey team are here and they continue to collect and process digital information.
Speaker 1: I want to hear that part ceiling.
Speaker 24: We are actively.
Speaker 23: Reviewing and analyzing information from all digital sources, which includes banks, social media companies, phone companies, and any other organizations where a digital footprint could have been captured. All this information provides data points and helps put the picture together. And we will be in the community continuing to conduct a thorough investigation with our partners. You heard about us out there last night. We will be back out there today. I would ask the media give our investigators the space to do their jobs while they're out there.
Speaker 24: Next, regarding the ransom letter, Oh, here we go.
Speaker 23: Here, we are aware of a ransom letter that was sent to the local media and then to national outlets.
Speaker 1: Is it real?
Speaker 24: As with every lead, we are taking it seriously.
Speaker 23: We are in communication with the family and while we advise and recommend from a law enforcement perspective, any action taken on any ransom.
Speaker 24: Is ultimately decided by the family.
Speaker 5: Weird.
Speaker 23: Thank you to those in the community that have called in tips. For anyone out there that may have information, no matter how small you think it may be, please report it. You can do so by calling one eight hundred call f or online.
Speaker 24: At tips dot FBI dot go.
Speaker 23: My next message is to those impostors here we go who we're trying to take advantage and profit from this situation. We will investigate and ensure you were held accountable for your actions. We have made one arrest related to an imposter ransom demand and a complaint will be presented to a magistrate and.
Speaker 24: Judge later today.
Speaker 23: You will get more on that from the FBI and our US Attorney's office here in Arizona when it becomes available.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, this is what Cela was talking about. I guess somebody just kind of hopped in and they had nothing to do with this, but they tried to put out like a ransom of their own. Was this related to the notes that the media got.
Speaker 5: Possible?
Speaker 1: It could have been. It could have been that that was a hoax, trying to take advantage of this woman being missing. That's a very honest, but very interesting.
Speaker 2: If you're that crappy of a person, why not you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, opportunity knocks, people would do it for sure. Okay, I'm gonna pause it here. We'll get back to what's going on with the press conference. You don't miss anything in Jury duty. We got these school protests coming up in a bit. We got the final power hour of the show on the way, and it's gonna be an interesting one today, as you might expect. And that is coming up next on the News Junkie. All right, let's go into this. We might as well go face first, because we got a lot going on at once. Let's do jury duty. Court is now in session, so put your phone down.
Speaker 3: And pay attention before.
Speaker 21: We call the bailiff over to whip your ass. Your knowing jury duty with the news Junkie.
Speaker 1: Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only Mo DeWitt of the DeWitt Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred, Call eight hundred, Callmo or going to just call MO dot after an accident. There's lots of attorneys out there, but many of them you shouldn't really put your trust in. You should, however, trust your friend Moe. I've you heard heard her on this show many times, and you know that he'll go up against those insurance companies and you'll end up with a big check before you know it. Check that out. And if your accident has occurred and you're ready to take care of yourself, your family and your future, dial eight hundred Calmo or go to Esscalmo dot com. All right, what are the pieces of info breaking out of the press conference about Nancy Guthrie, Savannah Guthrie from the Today Show's Missing Mother, the ransom letters and all of that. Was that they said her doorbell camera was removed at around one am. I think around one thirty. I'll bring up the actual post. Okay, police say Nancy Guthrie's doorbell camera was removed at one forty seven am on the night she went missing. All right, now, this is what they said at the at the press conference. If if her doorbell camera was removed, to me one hundred percent chance, whoever removed the doorbell camera obviously knows where this woman is and was responsible. It just seems logical that that's the case. Who knows what brand it was? I don't you know. There's a lot of major companies, from Nest to Ring to Blink that make these doorbell cameras, but they should be able to retrieve at least some of the footage. I would think. Maybe not all of them are in the cloud, but a lot of them, I think store stuff in the cloud. And at one forty seven am they said they removed the doorbell camera from her home, which is a pretty big clue as to what's going on.
Speaker 6: So you would assume that they've checked her account and see if there's one last video from that doorbell camera of somebody coming up and grabbing it off the wall.
Speaker 1: I would think so yeah, and that would be item number one. And they said earlier at one of the other press conferences this week, that they were waiting to hear back from the company one of these tech companies.
Speaker 3: All a lot.
Speaker 1: I thought they sent it to everything's at the lab, send some stuff to the lab, and they were waiting back from these tech companies to hear more. Let's see if we learn anything else, because I think the press conference is wrapped up now, but or maybe not. Let's check cameras.
Speaker 5: All right, somebody walks up mine, my wife's.
Speaker 22: If I walk up, she gets an alert, and it's usually something like that.
Speaker 1: All right, they're talking about the doorbell camera.
Speaker 5: A person's detected.
Speaker 1: So to understand them, one, does that mean that it was about a forty five minute span that the suspect or suspects would have been on the property.
Speaker 5: And then also does this essentially mean that you cooperated with the.
Speaker 1: Tech They believe she's still out there.
Speaker 22: By the way, we know that the the tech company that we sent that camera off to. Yes, they've said they've they've they've run out of ways to be damn.
Speaker 6: Wait wait, wait, wait, the doorbell camera was removed but stayed on the scene. They sent the camera off to a tech company.
Speaker 1: They that what he just said he said, they they sent it to them and they said they couldn't do anything, like they couldn't get any of the last footage. That seems like a flaw in the system. That's that seems bad, but maybe it gives some more context. ABC News.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sorry, was what forty.
Speaker 16: Five minutes that somebody would have been on the property?
Speaker 5: Then from yeah, I think those times or speak for themselves.
Speaker 1: So whoever was in the house was there for about forty five minutes?
Speaker 5: Like I say, those are approximates, So yes, I'm sorry, who was.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much?
Speaker 5: Information?
Speaker 1: Is there information.
Speaker 5: Holding because of the active investigators.
Speaker 1: That you're purposely withholding because of the active investigation? He can't tell you.
Speaker 22: This is no different than any criminal investigation that we conduct here.
Speaker 5: Law enforcement has contained.
Speaker 22: Investigations since eighteen sixty five here in Pemcolly. We were always mindful of what.
Speaker 1: It is before that beer that is.
Speaker 5: True release and can release.
Speaker 22: There's there's legal guidelines that that guide us.
Speaker 5: But there's also strategy too.
Speaker 1: So yes, is his answer? Josh was right. The answer is yes, there's some stuff that we are holding back at this point in time. All right, I'll see if there's anything else that drops at that press conference, the conference that's worth our time and playing. Uh and if so, we'll we'll get to it pretty quickly. Right now, let's work in our first dispatches of the day.
Speaker 6: They also said, real quick before we move on to that, that the blood that they found on the porch was indeed Nancy's.
Speaker 1: Okay, her blood, but they don't have anybody else's. Huh.
Speaker 6: They haven't said if there was another source of blood. I just saw of the headlines that were moving by as this press conference is going on, and he's still answering questions. Is that the blood was Nancy's. There wasn't a rest made from the impostor the doorbell cam thing, which I hadn't been talked about much before. And then just this this timeline that they've released.
Speaker 1: All Right, if anything else pops up, just shout out and we'll see what's going on. Everybody's still a suspect in our eyes. Just like that, that'll make it clear. Here we go, here's funny name talking about the Guthrie case.
Speaker 25: Hey, guys, heady today on this gloomy day, true, I have a question what are y'all's thoughts on grown? Ask people calling their mother and father mommy and daddy. Listening to the Guthries plead for their mother's return and she keeps calling her mommy.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: It just gives me the heavy gbies, you know, I think that is solely a cultural thing based on your family and how you do that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 6: But also we talked while we watched the video of Savannah Guthrie and her sister and brother, you know, trying to reach out to the kidnappers, you know, trying to kind of bargain or plea for them to proof of life stuff like that. We did mention that these kind of speeches are stuff that the cops help you write, you know, because there's some psychological chess playing going on here. So they might not be people who call their mom mommy, but they're trying to tug at the heartstrings of this kidnapper if he or she has any, and that might just be another another move, another strategy.
Speaker 1: I mean, it makes sense. Imagine somebody comes up there and give me my mom back, or somebody goes, Mommy, we miss you so much. They're trying to play to the emotions of whoever is responsible. For this, and there's only so much precedence to anything like this. I mean, this is a pretty astonishing case. We're watching one of the big ones in real time. We're watching, unfortunately for the family, one of these like sort of Elizabeth Smart like cases that eventually turns into a docu series. And you'll say, I remember when, I remember when. And we're following it this week and until we get to the conclusion of this one to see what the hell is going on here right now, We're gonna take a quick break. When we come back, we'll get to those protests at school, and email are with some really interesting additional information about the school protests happening this week. A lot of other feedback that we have to get into more on the Gut three case, and a whole bunch more as well, and it's all coming up next on the News Junkie Emails coming in tips to the news Junki dot com. We'll get to those in a moment. What was I right about?
Speaker 6: You were saying that, you know, right now is a time to be kind of weary about anything you see online that goes viral. Yeah, because of the upcoming super Bowl, the super Bowl, right, Yeah, and you mentioned specifically a video that you thought, I don't know, this one seems like it's more than just like somebody having fun with AI.
Speaker 2: Do you remember who it was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was the favorite favor town guy, the.
Speaker 6: Guy fi Yeah, and uh, that is one part of an ad campaign for of all things Bosh, the brand that does like a lot of tools and appliances.
Speaker 1: Never would have guessed.
Speaker 6: That interesting, but yeah, yeah, he posted like a new version of the ad that has him. It's sort of like the Snickers ads where the Snickers kind of you know, turns you into a new person or something. It's like old. It's like regular old guy with no bleach and just a weird combover. And every time he grabs like a Bosh tool or a Bosh refrigerator or something, he turns into what you know of guy Fiertti hell I see.
Speaker 1: I see he fresh rocks on two, which says is Selang saying seiling and the Savannah Guthrie thing is all a super Bowl commercial.
Speaker 6: That would imagine it's not that would take that would take some balls.
Speaker 1: Yeah that as far as you know, it's a very very real situation that's that's playing out The Guy Fierti thing was he posted this clip of him and he said New Year knew me, and his hair was dyed and it was very very I don't know, not his wild and crazy and bleached blonde.
Speaker 6: People have done viral posts of Guy Fietti where it's like they'll photo shop him into just a normal like it's a state of normalcy that's very Unguy Fietti like uh huh, and they're like they're like, look, this is what he would look like without the without the spiky.
Speaker 1: Hair, and if it wasn't bleached, and if he didn't bleach his beard and all that, and you know, so those have been going around for a while.
Speaker 2: I think he's just embracing it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: What did they say? The comments were all these jokes about it was like Flavortown Crier where people because he lest like like a muted version of guy. But keep your eyes out for that stuff. Some stuff you see right now is indeed going to be some surprise for the super Bowl. Meanwhile, the journalists are complaining because the journalists at the Super Bowl in California are in line for the Bad Bunny press conference. This person says, I've been a journalist since nineteen eighty three. There's a line for the Bad Bunny press conference. I've never stood in a line to get into a press conference. This guy says, this is a line, and I'm seeing Bunny press conference. There's a line right there. Who it's a pretty big line. There's a huge line of all these journalists because they probably have it from all over the world.
Speaker 6: I would imagine, wait, how do you even make it through the line.
Speaker 1: It's not like they're going to throw multiple press conferences, is it. I hope not one per journalist. It's bad Bunny, just for you, just one at a time.
Speaker 3: That sounded just like bad Bunny, thank you.
Speaker 1: Where I had to I had to up the uh, you know, the celebrity impersonations today since you and your sopranos one was so bad. That's right, it's me, bad Bunny.
Speaker 3: That's what you sound like.
Speaker 1: I think it's a pretty good tone of soprano. I can picture thank you. I just closed my eyes and I can picture it all right. Some emails rolling in tips at the news Junkie dot Com. Melanie says, I'm watching on the YouTube stream but running a little behind as usual. You just mentioned a letter This is from yesterday one of the school districts sent out and coincidentally I checked my email a few minutes later and it appears today. I also received an email about these ice protests that students are doing at schools. Just wanted to pass it along. It sounds like it's a statewide issued policy. The day before they were first doing the walkouts, we got an automated call from my middle schoolers principal saying, now we ain't doing that good good that they are understanding in a lot of these cases that this is not what should be happening in school. If the kids want to protest after school, if they want to go with their parents, that seems lame. I wouldn't do it if I was a teenager. But if they want to and they think it's that important, go for it. But not at school. School is not for this. And there are people and you know, groups and activists that are actively encouraging this. It's the same people who want the celebrities to speak up. They only want one opinion from the celebrities, but they want the celebrities to speak up. They want the CEOs to speak up because they really liked it when everything was as political as can be. A couple of years back. We're not doing that again, all right, We're not doing that. The kids are in school.
Speaker 2: Oh, but we are doing it. We may not like it, but we are doing it.
Speaker 1: We're not doing it, all right. It seems like they are a few days later on sending these emails out about there being consequences for these protests. Thanks for everything you do to keep us informed, says Melanie. The email from the school says the Florida Commissioner of Education, Anastasios Camotas, has probably nailed that issue a direct student protest students safety and instructional time, and it says all districts should maintain safe, orderly campuses, protect instructional time, and enforce all policies without exception. If kids disrupt school operations or leave campus without authorization, they must receive disciplinary consequences, and staff are prohibited from encouraging or facilitating such activities. They want them to stay engaged in learning at the school, and not learning about this, but learning about actual things, how to read and how to write, something that's being learned by far too few kids at our schools, and I think should be the center of attention and focus when you arrive at school until you leave, learn stuff, and then you go home. So that's her email on that. I did have a couple of tidbits on this front the school in Los Angeles. There was one school where there were going nuts and they all left the school campus of this high school. And here's the overhead footage the students are in this. This is becoming way too common in these protests like this. They're flying the Mexican flag. I don't see any American flags. They're flying the Mexican flag and another one. I can't really see it that well, so I don't know what it is, but there's a secondary flag. It could be there is an American flag nearby that's not unfurled. But you don't see enough American flags at these protests. There's two flags back to back, three three Mexican flags in a row, and four I see they're all over the crowd. You see these more than you see the American flags. This is terrible Opta optics. This is really really stupid. You're in the United States of America, and if you're wanting people to stay in the United States of America, put the United States of American flag out there. That makes a lot more sense to me. But the kids are waiving these Mexican flags at this particular California protest. Here's another one, and this should bring along some penalties. The problem is the only video I see of this is real potato quality. But the allegation is that some of these signs f ice And how would we know. I'm trying to see, Uh, okay, no, I can't ice. I see ice something. I don't see the F word just yet. And the video is such low quality. It looks like students, but I can't even tell if it's just students, to be honest with you, So I don't know. I'm going to rate that one unsure because I can't tell if it's definitely a school, and I can't tell if anything offensive or an F word is on one of the signs. But certainly that should be another thing that they're punished for. It's a really, really low quality video.
Speaker 6: Well, if they walked off school campus and did this, I mean, what's the punishment for having the F word on a sign?
Speaker 1: I mean I think that they should be punished for leaving the campus to begin with. I don't think that you should allow your high school students for any cause at all, no matter if it's aligned with as somebody on the right or somebody on the left. You don't need them doing this. A lot of them have no idea what's going on. Like I gar to you, if I was in high school and I was a freshman or sophomore or something, and I heard that everybody was walking out of class, I wouldn't even care. I would just be like, yep, I'm part of the protest. We're leaving class everybody, you know. So you're gonna have a lot of people doing that. It's just not the place for it, at least I don't think. So let's go to a couple other dispatches here, let me get afresh. So I got all the latest. Here's B Miller talking about that house earlier, where the couple said, we bought a house. It's beautiful, but we can't live in it because we discovered on the tile floor in the basement. There are some very very bad symbols, the worst you could think of, even one of those. Here's B Miller.
Speaker 11: Afternoon Junkies hy So about the Hitler house. That one, Yeah, completely absolutely out of their minds. Being ridiculous and thirty grand. Listen, I'm in Daytona Beach, Florida. I will drive up there redo the entire floor for.
Speaker 1: A third of that.
Speaker 11: All right, you're right therect Now let them know, save them some money, and we'll get rid of Hitler again.
Speaker 1: Congratulations b Miller. He said he'll do it for a third of what they were asking for. The couple said they want thirty grand for this, and a lot of other people were like, hey, I would live in that house regardless, throw a carpet over it. Who cares? And now here's one more flip on this tongue.
Speaker 4: So I was born and raised in northeastern Ohio, all right, and lived there for let's see, about forty years, okay, And so it pre and post Nazi Germany. There were a lot of German immigrants that came and settled in northeastern Ohio Western Pennsylvania. So it's not rare to go into like a thrift store, antique store or something like that in northeastern Ohio, Western Pa. And fine Nazi memory. Really the parents are dying, you know, from that era, and their kids are cleaning out their house and chucking all their stuff and Yeah, it's it's it's pretty prevalent up there.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you'll see stuff like this.
Speaker 4: You know, you know the people who brought it over here with them and continued that thought process. It's it's a nasty but it does exist. And uh, thank yeah. And it's not just this house. I've seen it in other places.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it. Thank you, Flip for the dispatch, then yours in over in the newsyunky dot com. We'll try to work that in before the end of the show. This is uh x swimmer, who says the tips of the news junky dot com. Hey, happy today, X Swimmer Here. I know you talk about the possibility of getting secret shows subs in ad free version of the stream. I would love that. I'm going to work on that and see if we could do it. I noticed it in the middle of a story. It jumps to commercially asking you to skip give it to get back to you guys. I know it's out of your control. Very frustrating. Also, I want to know if I have one of those frownie faces next to my dispatches. Hmmm, I don't know.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 1: The only way you can tell you if you send in a dispatch and it never ever gets played. You're probably on the frownie face side, and they come in labeled they're like brown in color, and I just ignore them because generally you're not hitting it out of the park. Well, have you, guys been a secret show substance almost the beginning? Wiggle wiggle and all the pops. I don't see how you could be a frownie face. I don't see it happening. So I appreciate you, and we'll see who else we have on board before the end of the show today. What we're gonna do right now is take a quick break. We'll get into more updates next on interestingly enough, the Savannah Guthrie story. Some things that we haven't gone over yet that are going down right this moment. This could blow everything wide open. The details you're looking for coming up next on the news, Chunky, you can do whatever you want over at thenewsjunkie dot com within the bounds of US law. I should add that, as you know, just a little addendimie, you can almost do everything you want. New info coming in this is interesting. I'm gonna read this new tidbit and Celand and Josh, you guys tell me what you make of this? All right? So the FBI is saying, of this Nancy Guthrie situation where she's missing. Savannah Guthrie's mother from the Today Show is missing. She's been taken apparently by some sort of kidnapper, some sort of abductor. The abductor is they believe, asking for some sort of ransom and bitcoin. Five days have gone by, Selan, you told me earlier that they said the medication that she's on, like she could be incredibly ill just from being off the medication at this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they said at some point in the press conference that it could be fatal to not have the medication for her.
Speaker 1: What do you take from this? Ceilian and Josh. The FBI is saying, the ransom notes sent to media outlets, that's TMZ and a couple other different media outlets got this ransom note, which they have not discounted, had a first deadline of five pm today. All right, a first deadline in the ransom notes sent to media outlets of five pm today and a second demand and deadline for next Monday. Oh what would the two demands be? I don't know. To me, it kind of went to like, if you don't do it by this time, we're gonna do X. And if you don't do it by Monday, we're gonna kill this person. That's how it reads to me. I don't know if that's the case, We're going to cut off a finger. As far as ransom notes go, you would think there's only one X. So if the worst one is killer, we would assume that one to be the next Monday one. Yes, of course, yeah.
Speaker 6: You know, unless they're bargain hunting and they're just like, hey, the price goes up by next Monday.
Speaker 1: It could be.
Speaker 6: But in the interim, what's the interim con like, what's the interim punishment?
Speaker 1: That's that's the big question. Somebody on YouTube saying, do we know what the demand is? As far as we know, the demand is millions of dollars to a bitcoin address. And we don't know much more about these ransom letters. Nobody has published them as far as I know, not.
Speaker 6: A single organization that received when published it, even TMZ.
Speaker 3: That's pretty wild.
Speaker 1: And I've got this all right. This is the thumbnail that TMZ uses for their story about the ransom note, and it shows Harvey from TMZ holding a piece of paper and then some of it is like censored. But when you watch the video of him talking about the ransom note, he doesn't physically have any notes. And there's some suggestions that this may have been a thing that was emailed. It was I think I think TMZ.
Speaker 2: The guys even said it was emailed.
Speaker 1: Okay, So these people are saying the ransom note was emailed to them and so they printed it out.
Speaker 2: That's the that's one of the reasons.
Speaker 6: Like, you know, we played that one press conference that did not go very well. Not a lot of new information except that it seemed like they didn't have all their ducks in a row.
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 6: And then they asked the question about a ransom note, and he said, we're following all leads. He wouldn't say definitively whether there yes was a ransom note or b was no ransom note. And then two hours later TMZ has a ransom note, and I go, okay, well, either they were trying to hide the fact that they did have a ransom note or they didn't have anything. And now this is the opportunity for somebody to go, am, I'm gonna make a little ransom note here. Hey check GBT write me a ransom note.
Speaker 1: However, they said that there was some details in this ransom note that seemed like the people knew more that say, the details in the ransom note could only be from somebody who actually committed this crime and who had their eighty four year old mother. But when I see this photo of the guy from TMZ holding the ransom note, which is the closest that I can get to it, This photograph right here is the clothes that I can get to it. I don't know if this is AI and they said, hey, for the thumbnail, put a note in my hand and blur something out, because he didn't actually have it in the video.
Speaker 2: He wasn't holding anything in the video.
Speaker 1: He wasn't. He wasn't, So I don't know if they used AI for a thumbnail and to just put the paper in my hand and make it look like it's some sort of censored ransom note. I don't know. This could be a clue into what's going on. Maybe it's not. We'll have to keep a watch on this story and see what happens next. That's the only way to do this. They're focusing on a lot of different rooms in her house. They've removed some boxes of I guess her her property and her contents of her house. There's some of the authorities inside the place walking around and boxing up stuff because the Feds went in.
Speaker 2: This guy trying to hide behind a cactus.
Speaker 1: Yes, filming from from across the yard. As they go through the house and find all the stuff that's now turned into evidence. Then they went inside the garage. I guess this is the authorities wandering around in the garage. There's not much in there. I see a vehicle in the garage. It's a pretty clean garage.
Speaker 5: We see it.
Speaker 1: This guy, this guy filmed with his drone inside the Guthrie garage. Nancy Guthrie, the grandmother or the mother rather her garage. And there's nothing really that you could see in here other than like she keeps a pretty clean garage. She's got a car that's left behind.
Speaker 2: Cleaner than mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that's unusual in a way, but I don't know if it tells us anything about this. And there are a lot of detectives on this case. According to one of the reports last night, let me see if they mentioned this early on. I think they said there's like one hundred officers on the case or more. But let's say this is a.
Speaker 10: Really interesting turn in the case. As you mentioned, TMZ and a handful of local news stations say that they have received what they are calling ransom notes, and they receive those via email. The note, they say, demanded millions in cryptocurrency for the safe return of Nancy Guthrie by a stated deadline. They report the note contained specific information about the crime scene and Nancy that is not known to the public. The Ability Sheriff's Department, in a statement said it is aware of the possible ransom notes and they are taking all tips and leads seriously. The sheriff says investigators have cleared the home for investigator for investigation and turned it back over to the family. They have processed DNA testing that so far has not produced a person of interest. Now, The New York Post is reporting FBI agents spent about two hours at Savannah Guthrie's sister Annie's home yesterday. The Post report Savannah is believed to have also been there. Yesterday, President Trump was asked about the abduction of the Today's show host's mother.
Speaker 1: Is him Zari? Have you've been briefed on Savannah Guthrie. Here is a mom missing in Arizona.
Speaker 5: I think it's terrible.
Speaker 13: Would he commits in more better agents, like helping out on.
Speaker 5: The sure I've been to call it later on. I think it's a terrible thing.
Speaker 22: I always got along very good with Savannah.
Speaker 5: Very unusual situation, but we're going to find out.
Speaker 1: And he says, very unusual situation, and indeed it is. And like I said, Nancy, I guess Nancy had posts a lot of things not very fond of Trump, but he is Carrie's. It's getting involved and they're trying to find this woman. I hope the hell they find her alive. I really do, I really really do. I see people saying nice things that are Jake Tapper, the journalist, says, Savannah Guthrie is exactly who you think she is. Kind, considerate, smart, dedicating, loving, a woman of faith. Her mother is one of the only people I've ever met kinder than Savannah. Whoever has Nancy Guthrie, Please bring her back to her family, says Jake Tapper over at CNN Online. So we'll keep an eye on this and see if there's any updates. I have a feeling we're gonna hear something before too long. This is more about the ransom letter, because that's the biggest piece of evidence to me so far. Let's see what else they say about here.
Speaker 26: We're going to be joined now by Mary Coleman, anchor for KOLD thirteen News and Tucson. Now that is a station that received one of the alleged ransom notes tied to Nancy Guthrie's disappearance. Good, and Mary, I'm really grateful for your being willing to talk to us. And you know we're looking at these live pictures. I know that you are also seeing live pictures as well on your feeds at News thirteen. So before we get to the note, this major law enforcement.
Speaker 1: No, I want to get past it. I want to hear about her talking about them a few.
Speaker 27: Minutes ago, and he said that they are just doing working to find out.
Speaker 26: Just interrupting. Share more information as you've got it. As I know you're breaking so much of this. I wanted to ask you about this alleged ransom notes as well.
Speaker 5: And I know that.
Speaker 26: KOLD hasn't reported the exact content, but you, Mary, have personally seen it yourself.
Speaker 8: What can you share here?
Speaker 1: We go, Good, I.
Speaker 27: Haven't I think a lot of people were questioning the legitimacy of it, and while they're still looking into the legitimacy of it, they're taking all tips into consideration. We do know there are a few things that we can share as far as what the contents were. A lot of it is information that only someone who is holding her for ransom would know, some very sensitive information, and things that people who weren't there when she was taken captive would know. So those are things that are concerning. We immediately sense that information over to the Sheriff's department, and they're of course looking into the legitimacy of it. So Protectives did get back to us and ask us for some more information so that they can start searching for and ikey address and things of that nature to try and figure out who or what people are responsible.
Speaker 1: I figured that would be the case. They're obviously going to try to search this email that sent this over and try to trace back where the IP address was from. I mean, I would imagine that if somebody is sophisticated enough to pull this off, they probably would be sophisticated enough to hide that IP address, But you never know.
Speaker 2: Let's see what else she says about her and.
Speaker 26: You say an IP address. So obviously this was came via email, right, correct.
Speaker 10: It did.
Speaker 27: It came into our newsroom via email.
Speaker 26: So so then who saw it first and what did the station do? I mean, at what point did you all realize, Wow, this, you know, might not be a crank. This you know, this might be this might be something?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 27: Absolutely, well, you know it also included a dollar amount to deadline and again other specifics that that only industries abductor might know. So that definitely raised some red flags. And our new tips come in directly to the news and our digital team and other employees have access to that, so they were the ones who flagged it initially when it came in, and when we saw some of those details, it was queer after a couple of sentences that you know, this might not be a hope. So again, we immediately sent that over to Kima County Sheriff's department and they're still looking into it. And he did reach out to the sheriff earlier and ask him, Hey, any news on this, any news on the legitimacy of this alleged ransom, No tanda, He said, no updates right now, that he's able to share with us.
Speaker 1: All right, they seem pretty confident that this thing is real, and I'm likely to believe them. I think that there's something in this that is convincing them that the person who wrote it knows more about this crime. All right, we're going to take quick break, and when we come back, we're to do the final dispatches, including a very bizarre piece of fake news that we got to snap down because this has been going mega viral out there. It's not real, but it has transfixed a lot of people online. Well, knock that fake news. Now we'll do the final dispatch of stories that didn't make the cut, And today I learned to wrap everything up for a Thursday that is coming up next on the News Junkie, the final dispatches stories that didn't make the cut, And today I learned on the way to wrap up the show.
Speaker 2: It's real fun. Some would even say.
Speaker 1: Bonanza linsa. I would say, we're in Bonanza territory. Yeah, I would say, I'm feeling it. Thank you for being here today. By the way, you're welcome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right on time.
Speaker 1: You were, you were a little bit late, you were you were thirty seconds later. I was and I needed an excuse to have a punishment. Anyways, it just was nice that you serve that up on a on a platform. No matter what, I just had the punishment in mind. What we should do today, Let's see if we can break some records here, and then let's utilize Josh in that process. So that's what I've done. Great job, as per usual. You're the best of the best of the best.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I love ceiling.
Speaker 6: Get you down, I try, I try hard. I've been reading up. We've been talking a lot about these doorbell cameras because of the Nancy Guthrie case.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so they said they like essentially ripped the doorbell camera off and then left it there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you have a battery in your doorbell camera shown?
Speaker 1: I don't not the way mine is hooked up.
Speaker 6: I mean mine is hooked up but still has a battery. Yours is a little smaller though, I think that, so I don't think there's a room for a battery in I'll.
Speaker 1: Tell you, I don't know mine.
Speaker 9: Might.
Speaker 1: I know that you can set them up with a battery and then the battery lasts like some short amount of time, and then you have to keep putting the batteries in there.
Speaker 2: So like, here's the thing.
Speaker 6: Imagine somebody just takes a shovel and just kind of knocks the camera off.
Speaker 2: From the wall.
Speaker 6: Ring cameras generally don't save any video if the power is cut off, okay, because they rely on a constant Internet connection and cloud stores to operate. But the battery powered models would continue to function if the router still has access to the Internet, so there it would still be sending video it until it couldn't until the battery.
Speaker 1: Ran out, until the Internet connection was set.
Speaker 6: Ever so, in theory, that should have still worked if it were a ring camera that does have the battery option Nest cameras, if running on the internal battery during an outage, the camera can record until the battery dies and it'll save an hour of footage internally.
Speaker 2: So maybe they were.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's what they were saying by trying to say that they sent it in somewhere to see if the lab could do anything with the camera itself. And it's completely possible with these million dollar houses that it could be a system that was neither of the main consumer systems have been a custom job any of that. But yeah, it doesn't say yeah, it's there is like things in place where if the power's cut or if it's just ripped off the wall, there would still be ways to get that video.
Speaker 1: All right, real quick, before we get to this thing that's so fake news that's going viral that I'll knock down in a second. Here's the timeline Nancy Guthrie approximate timeline. This is from the press conference earlier. January thirty first, Nancy travels to a local family's home at five thirty pm. At nine forty eight pm, the family drops off Nancy at home and the garage door opens at nine point fifty pm. The garage door closes. On February first, at one forty seven in the morning, the doorbell camera disconnects. At two twelve am. Software detects a person on camera, no video available, no subscription, O yo, man, that sucks. Then it says two twenty eight am. Pacemaker app shows disconnect from phone. That means that her facemaker made it far enough away from her phone. I believe that it, you know, sent off like an alarm. Eleven fifty eight am. The family checked on Nancy twelve o three, a nine to one to one call to the Sheriff's department. Twelve fifteen patrol arrives. So that's our timeline. We'll keep that as we go on on the show. Here here's the fake news. I'll run it here from our friend Frank McDonald as we wrap everything up today. Are fake news alert true indeed, Frankie, these ladies are fake. They're going as viral as can be and matting a lot of followers. But these can join twins that you probably see all over the internet, They're not real. Everybody, Okay, who would believe that people were believing this? There was hundreds of thousands of people starting to follow these conjoined twins who have an account it's Valerie and Camilla on Instagram, and many people were fooled.
Speaker 3: To me, like, come on, rude or crass, they can join ones are never that hot.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right, you know. I'll put this up on see It now so everybody could take a peek. I'm grabbing a screenshot of this now and I'll put this up on see it now. But these are fake. Just so you know, I know your friends, if you have seen these.
Speaker 6: Hilarious that they've managed to fool this amount of people that's good for you, I guess.
Speaker 1: But time doesn't count if there's only one. Okay, never mind, stop stop, all right, we'll later conjoined twins going viral. All right, I'm putting this up on see it now so you can take a peek whenever you get a chance, and don't forget it's not real. When your uncle sees this and gets all excited, tell him calm down. Unc. You know that Sean said they're not real on the news junk.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that one.
Speaker 6: Uncle from the cruise ship death has tweeted them yet.
Speaker 1: I I don't know. We love to get to know you, baby, soon enough. All right, let's get the hell out of here. We're out of time. Let's do today.
Speaker 21: Learn The following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ, so don't get cocky.
Speaker 1: Now it's done. What we call today It is taylarn for a Thursday, February fifth, twenty twenty six. It was a bonanza of a day. It truly was.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. Just certifies up.
Speaker 1: That's right, one more time, sonanza perfect, there he goes. Let's get into it today. Learned this guynm Evin M is correct. In two thousand and one, Eminem turned down rolls for both the movie The Fast and the Furious he was supposed to be a part of, and then the movie Training Day, and he said, no, I think I'm gonna do this movie eight Mile, and it's about my life and career and it's gonna take off. You make it sound like some guy just happens to be writing a movie about his life and love to go about show for it.
Speaker 2: I hope I get the part.
Speaker 1: I feel like a shoe in for this one. He hasn't done a lot afterwards. He's been in a couple of things here and there. Patty Gilmore, Oh, that's right. He wasn't happy Gilmore too. We forgot the interview. Oh, the North Korea one.
Speaker 3: James Franco, he was gay.
Speaker 1: He has not been in any of The Fast and Furious movies as far as I'm aware, though since and finally today I learn this band right here? Oh, Metallica Metallica's correct. James Hetfield of Metallica once went to rehab back in two thousand and one, Nice Better Times because he was addicted to chocolate. Said, I've done this one million times. I just wanted to end on this song because it's glorious. Josh, thanks again.
Speaker 2: You're the best man you got.
Speaker 1: We love you all right. We'll see you tomorrow, same time, same place. Miss ending the show, I didn't mean it. Get the podcast over at the news Junkie dot com. We'll see you tomorrow. Everybody else does Rayne same, ray Sell now
Speaker 5: Mellow sh