Speaker 1: Super duper. That's nice. Might a gonogay? Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the twenty ninth day of June twenty twenty six. Hey, good morning to you. Welcome to Monday on the Powate Tip Morning Show. Mon name is Chris Hockey and Ben Leeber's on his way in Saucy. I just saw him. Corey's around the corner somewhere too, and lots of other things. You get to Let's get her started. As the heat rolls in and so does your little Power Tip Morning Show, we'll starve with some comedy from Ryan Hamilton. It's the fourth of July week. Get ready, everybody, come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 3: We have a big parade every year on the fourth of July. It's the biggest event in my town.
Speaker 1: Every year.
Speaker 3: There are five hundred people in the parade and five hundred people who are watching the parade. We have exactly enough people to have a parade. One stays home. They're kind of ruining the parade. Here's what I love about the parade is after it's over, nobody leaves. Nobody has anywhere to go. There's only one suitable street in my town for parade, and when the parade gets out of town, it doesn't know what to do either, and there's this moment of confusion and then it just flips around and it comes back and everybody just watches the other side of the parade again.
Speaker 1: I know. Was it hurt Bills? Yes, there shit.
Speaker 4: Lives, im me the tires, ohre Matt.
Speaker 1: In the tapers.
Speaker 2: Smart and you sold my heart.
Speaker 1: Sole out of my way because I want you.
Speaker 5: To see Monday, June twenty ninth, It is fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Week, Got the power to the morning, John Corey Coop, that's Chris Hockey.
Speaker 5: The area is meat Sauce, Paul Lambert Sam back there on the old stream is the Diz has Zach. I think for the next couple of days. I think he's at the Diz again the this yeah man, the mouse is expensive, but it's for the July week.
Speaker 1: Yeah man.
Speaker 2: At this point in your life, Sauce, Zach is in Disney right now, and then a week from today he'll be in Vegas.
Speaker 6: At this point in your life because if you were.
Speaker 2: Living the dream life that Zach is, where would you excoose to go Disney or Vegas?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Vegas? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 1: Well, I think my kiddo was a little too young to go to the dizz. I don't know.
Speaker 6: For a minute there, I thought you were done with Vegas. I don't know.
Speaker 7: No, i'd go to Vegas. No, no, no, did you think were you done with Vegas for a minute? No, I think you and I are going. That'll be fun.
Speaker 1: I can wander around and follow you until you get tired of me. You're clearly going golfing today.
Speaker 6: What are you thinking?
Speaker 7: Our guy Jason Zucker and Kyle Rudolph's golf tournament is today.
Speaker 1: You are gonna sweat your balls off. It's gonna be hot.
Speaker 7: But it's an opportunity to play wind Song golf Course, which is outstanding.
Speaker 1: So I look forward to the opportunity. If I saw.
Speaker 8: Myself in clothes like those that have to kick my own ass.
Speaker 1: I think they look kind of nice.
Speaker 6: It is interesting you wore them to work.
Speaker 7: Well, it's start. I have to go right there after. It starts at like ten o'clock. It's like forty minutes away. I don't want to change my car. No one wants to see my my cocktail winger.
Speaker 1: And Jesus, who are you often with? I don't know yet I get paired with a group.
Speaker 6: Good for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be fun. I bet, Yeah, it'll be great. Yeah, should come in tomorrow tomorrow, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'll ask him, Yeah, I'll ask him.
Speaker 5: And they made a hell of a run this year. Yeah, they dealed Buffalo Sabers. Yeah, they were in the next for a second. Did they trade for like the fourth overall pick?
Speaker 1: I think yeah, we traded Alex Tuck too, so Washington, Yeah, that's uh. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Did you interview us see the Jackass movie this weekend?
Speaker 1: No? No, I did. Oh.
Speaker 2: The reason that the Tuck made me laugh is they were you know, it's the last film, they say, yeah, so they were showing some of the best of the old films. Oh remember when they they locked them in the room, turned all the lights off and told him there was a snake in there, And okay there in one of the Jackass movies, the concept was they had them all sitting in a room and they showed him the snake, and I forget what they proposed that the bit was going to be, but they told him it was going to be a different bit, and then everybody left the room except for two of them. And then they turned all the lights off and made it sound like the snake was still in there with him, right. Yeah, the thing that made me laugh way louder than anybody else in the theater. It was one of those moments where I embarrassed myself. I'd forgotten the guy who has the big wier is alwayslapping his wing around. Do you remember which one that is?
Speaker 6: Ponies?
Speaker 2: I forgot that in the corner of the dark room, out of nowhere, Pontius is doing the tuck dance just as Buffalo Bill, and.
Speaker 1: They don't know he's in there.
Speaker 6: You didn't even a mentioned that he's in there the entire time.
Speaker 2: He's just in the corner doing the I laughed way harder than anybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forgot because it's Chris. It's so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot of it was.
Speaker 6: Just disgusting, which is cool. That makes me laugh, you know.
Speaker 2: And they showed some of the old disgusting stuff, like when Steve bo was in the portagehn and they shot him up on the bungeies. So have you you've never seen any of them, Corey.
Speaker 1: I saw the original one, but how many jackasses? Okay?
Speaker 5: I saw the first one and Obviously I watched the series when it was on MTV.
Speaker 1: I watched it all the time.
Speaker 5: But maybe I've only seen the first actual film aam because I don't know that snake bit at all. Man, I've never seen that funny concept.
Speaker 1: There's no room, there's no stake.
Speaker 6: They don't know that.
Speaker 7: It's just so I'm sure they were like, hey, were you tuck Dance and these like absolutely, and then they built the bit around that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a whole bit about they called the pole vault where he just was naked and then had to do the pole vault naked, and uh, that was you know, but there was a lot of disgusting stuff there. They they they drank the stuff you gotta take for a colon and then played twister and all of them were wearing nothing but plastic that of course you can see through, but also wasn't very thick plastic.
Speaker 6: So it was pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was funny, but it was also weirdly touching, and because they acknowledged quite a few times during the film that it was the last time they were going to do this, you know, and you could tell that a lot of them aren't buddies anymore.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think they get along with Bam.
Speaker 2: Bam wasn't even in it in any of the new stuff, only the old stuff, and of course Ryan Dunn's dead. They have a lot of the stunts are done by younger people that I wasn't familiar with. But to watch them, you know how they always do the giant shopping cart thing rolling down the hill. I had this moment and I know that's why they set it up this way, where I was watching these old men who are my age, by the way, going down the hill in that cart, and I was thinking, I've watched these people get old, because throughout the film they show really young Steve Bo, really young Knoxville. Back in the they did this bit back in the day where Johnny Knoxville in LA. They weren't allowed to ever run this. They finally ran something they'd never been allowed to film. Johnny dressed up as in a a prison outfit in LA, put handcuffs on and went into a hardware store. Tried to get people to help him get out of the handcuffs.
Speaker 1: Right brilliant.
Speaker 6: Well, the cops came and they didn't know it wasn't real.
Speaker 2: He almost got killed and they got banned from shooting anything in the County of LA for like ten years or like that, and they weren't allowed to show it.
Speaker 6: Tell this movie, but that was a very.
Speaker 2: Young version of him, and I was like, wow, I've watched these folks get old.
Speaker 5: Did Jackass premiere on MTV like right around two thousand or early two thousand.
Speaker 6: I think it was two thousand and three, Yeah, that.
Speaker 5: Feels about right. So we're talking coming up on twenty five years. Yeah, right, I mean it's no Power Trip run. I mean again, we're the first radio show in the history of the Twin Cities to go twenty five straight years.
Speaker 1: That'll be later this fall October first, two thousand.
Speaker 6: Yeah, two thousand, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the first movie I think is O two.
Speaker 6: Okay, maybe that maybe that's what I was thinking of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that show was a game changer.
Speaker 6: It really was.
Speaker 2: And yeah, they did some ridiculous things, like they showed the infamous time when Johnny got hit by the ball and it knocked him out and I think it lacerated his splin.
Speaker 6: They showed a lot of Ryan done Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and you can tell me it was like, these are older I mean these again, I'm fifty five. These are dudes my age. And I had this this momentere I was like, I've watched these people get old the cow they are. Oh my god, I'm that old too, you know. And here I am saying in the theater by myself watching people get pooped done right?
Speaker 1: Last?
Speaker 6: Yeah, did you see the Jackass movie yet?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, mactually just walked in. But no, it's it's funny, man, it's the same stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always good. Yeah, like the tuck dancing bits.
Speaker 6: I'm not kidding, man, I thought of you first and foremost.
Speaker 2: But I just noticed in the corner that he was tuck dancing by himself. I was like that, Okay, that's the little things that make me laugh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna see it. I can wait. Yeah, I was planning on seeing it today. It's worth it, heart.
Speaker 6: I liked it. You know, have you seen all the other movies?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's there's some touching moments too, man, I gotta tell you. And they spend a lot of time showing the old stuff. And man, I forgot how much of a part of that show Ryan Doune was. But he was a big that was a big deal and Bam man the downhill trajectory of BAM because he was the kid who used to go in and beat up his dad, right yeah, oh yeah, yeah, I was just out of nowhere going. They showed us one time, Corey where he's just looking at the camera. He goes today, if you're like beating my dad's ass, he just runs into the back.
Speaker 6: That's like, I'm trying to go to work. I'm like, why did he do that? Why did he think that was funny?
Speaker 7: It was I know he would and he would beat him up when he was on the toilet.
Speaker 1: Just idiots.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, oh wait, exactly your age Johnny Knoxville fifty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's crazy, man crazy. They shot him off a rocket. I mean all kinds of stuff, man, the poop stuff. So it's woof Yeah, that's hard.
Speaker 7: Did it really only make eight million in the theater?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 6: Yeah, probably. I mean they were only like four of us in there. But is that right? You know toy stories out there, there's the theaters were full. That was cool.
Speaker 2: But Supergirl as well, super Girl I had that, dude, does it say bombed?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not doing crazy numbers right now, but.
Speaker 5: It was pretty good.
Speaker 1: You saw it? Yeah, oh you did?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 6: She's good. Yeah, she's good. I don't mean the super Girl, I mean yeah, she's good, like to her core, I mean like the actress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was good in the House the Dragon.
Speaker 6: How did they address her birth? Is she Superman's sister?
Speaker 1: There cousins She's actually technically older than him, but got like trapped in time?
Speaker 6: Basically did they get it on.
Speaker 1: Asking for Tommy?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Has Superman ever been told to keep his distance from super.
Speaker 1: My Superman's parents?
Speaker 5: Like, did Joe l Ever be like Cal once he take a couple of steps back following super goal on Instagram take a deep.
Speaker 6: Breath, buddy, Cal, I was like, I get it, but come.
Speaker 9: On, And then during a commercial break, Superman goes to the rest of the Justice like brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was staying on stage doing sound check on Saturday in Saint Martin, Minnesota. I looked down and there's Tommy Wilson.
Speaker 1: Oh really, just there is?
Speaker 5: He said he was coming felt the same way on Thursday because we thought he was going to be gone for the next couple of Thursdays, so we had Juliet Daniels come in. We're like, oh that, and then boom, Tommy showed up anyway, which was awesome.
Speaker 6: Ya, how do you How was that mix?
Speaker 1: Oh A plus?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Great? Yeah, Jules, Jules exactly shocking. Yeah, I mean Tommy didn't think she.
Speaker 5: Was attractive, not at all. It's not that's not his type, not his type. Then got here at seven and it was all good. Yeah, Tommy seemed very comfortable, dude.
Speaker 6: Sitch an uh and Saint Martin was strong apparently.
Speaker 7: I was told she was yelling that at you a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Brilliant, brilliant. Yeah, what are we get I'm the I'm the king of not responding on text. I get it.
Speaker 5: I don't respond almost ever. But I texted Tommy last night you don't bleep with the Queen because because the House of the Dragon had just ended. I'm like, you don't be you don't bleep with the Queen. I think we learned that tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He didn't respond. Come, I know he watched it. Yeah, I don't know. Maybe he did. Tommy fell asleep. He parties hard on the weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he's he's a wide awake per house of the Dragon, I promise you every day.
Speaker 1: There's no way he didn't see it last night.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, man, And I don't say this often about things like Golden Dragon or whatever.
Speaker 6: Reanera. When Jays comes.
Speaker 1: From the actress, that was some acting. I don't know anybody.
Speaker 6: She was broke.
Speaker 1: That was fantastic, that.
Speaker 2: Was really well done. That's a hell of an episode. Two man, two for two so far this year.
Speaker 1: Yep for two.
Speaker 6: Agreed, and then someone walks in like, oh that's my dad. Thanks a lot at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no again, you don't bleep with the queen.
Speaker 6: Don't bleep with the queen.
Speaker 1: Tommy didn't respond.
Speaker 6: No, well, we'll find out. Hopefully's still with us.
Speaker 5: Yeah he's got that textboss, And that shows something else.
Speaker 1: It really is. Man. I truly think we take.
Speaker 5: Game of Thrones for granted, no doubt you can go. Let's go back to when Jackass premiered. If you would have if this show would have existed twenty five or thirty years ago, not even Game of Thrones, I'm talking specifically House of the Dragon, it would have been the biggest thing in the world.
Speaker 6: That's a great point.
Speaker 1: Biggest, Like we it would have blown our minds.
Speaker 5: We wouldn't believe it. But now it's just like our attention spans are short. We've seen everything. There is a scene see where when it comes to CGI or cool graphics, do you understand the detail on these freaking dragons and how unbelievable almost every scene that they show is.
Speaker 1: And it's like, oh, yeah, how's the dragons last night? We're so jaded. Yeah, it's so.
Speaker 6: Incredible, good man, it's so good.
Speaker 1: And the acting is great. It's not just the dragons. The acting is fantastic.
Speaker 2: I just don't know what there's left to do now. It seems like they wrapped everything up in episode two. I mean I'm sure there yeah, I mean, I'm sure they'll figure some stuff outs. Some people need to have sex with their our cousins or whatever.
Speaker 1: Spoiler alerts. I just wats.
Speaker 5: Episode three, four, five, and six of this season We're.
Speaker 2: On the street is episode six? There's dragon incests?
Speaker 1: Oh, he's it, He's definitely it.
Speaker 5: I love how many Power Trip listeners send us photos of sheep stealers saying this is meat Sauce's old teeth.
Speaker 2: I know, said, I asked a picture of Sauce.
Speaker 6: Oh, I don't.
Speaker 1: Let's get his live reaction.
Speaker 5: Google sheep Stealer and then find a photo of just sheep Stealer's face. Oh buddy, he's a massive underbidy.
Speaker 1: He's looking good. No, he will give him a break. Be nice. He'll kill you. He's a wild drive.
Speaker 6: He can't can't tame him.
Speaker 5: But I don't think in visit line can tame him either. But still, he looks like he needs gut her helmet. Yes on his teeth, gut her helmet, mm dot com. Thanks gut her helmet, buddy. Oh buddy, all right, Max is here, Sam is here.
Speaker 1: That's Chris Hockey. I'm Corey Cove. There's sheep Stealer.
Speaker 5: We'll do more of the Power Trip Morning Show after this. Bet and Labor at seven.
Speaker 1: Right here on the fan. Trouble sleeping lately? Upgrade to the great sleep you deserve.
Speaker 6: Let's keep it clean, ladies and gentlemen, Well maybe not.
Speaker 8: Today is International Mud Day, brought to you by the World Forum Foundation to promote a connection to nature. Web MD says you should go jump in the mud as mud actually has health properties. It boosts your immune system through exposure to trace bacteria and improves sensory development through squishing, patting, and sliding in it. So go find some mud and have a good time, but strip before you go back into the house.
Speaker 6: I'm Bree Tennis, so Zach took the day off.
Speaker 5: In nineteen ninety three, Primus came out with a song called My Name is Mud. My Name is Mud, and it's a hard song to describe the kids that didn't live through it. Because it was a huge hit on MTV. People thought, this is the weirdest thing I've ever heard. Yes, and there's less Claypool just slapping the base way before South Park came out. Man here, let me read the lyrics to the first verse of My Name is Mud.
Speaker 1: Not to be confused with Bill or Jack or Peter Dennis. My name is Mud.
Speaker 5: It's always been because I'm the most boring sons of bitch you've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I dressed in blue, yes, navy blue, from head to toe. I'm rather drive except my patent shoes.
Speaker 5: I make him shine well most of the time.
Speaker 1: Have you seen, I mean, what are we doing here?
Speaker 9: Have you seen?
Speaker 1: Had that song? Slaps in their song?
Speaker 5: But it shouldn't though if it came out today, it would be laughed out of the building, laughed out of the building, but it just hit the right time and the and the video was kind of like what is this? But it was truly like freak show, like you know, Bearded Lady, kind of like what am I watching?
Speaker 1: But it couldn't take my eyes off it.
Speaker 7: Have you seen the internet meme of the still shot of less Claypool And it says if you don't if you didn't respect Christian Bale's early stuff, you can't respect him now because it looks just.
Speaker 1: There's like a image, it looks just like him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like the Goaten new Christian Bale was the lead guy in Primis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Weren't they playing that song when they were throwing mud?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? Yeah, man yeah at uh what was it?
Speaker 6: What suck?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Ninety four? Or well the big mud fight though was Green Day?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Do you have you ever seen have you seen when south Park played Red Red Rocks when Matt and Tray hosted like a giant south Park party at Red Rocks? Yeah, like the fifth then and Primus was there and they told the story of how the Primus theme song to south Park came to be. You guys ever seen that. No, No, it's kind of crazy. Like, here's a couple of dudes that they send the Spirit of Christmas to Primis because they're giant Primus fans, and they're like, look, we don't have a lot.
Speaker 1: Of money, but can you do a theme song?
Speaker 5: And Less Claypool and Primus well, I mean we're Primus, but I mean the cartoon. They watched the cartoon and they're like, this is kind of funny. So they did it not to make money, not to get rich. It was just like, yeah, why not. So they recorded it and the South Park guys loved it, and it basically was the theme song. And then Les Claypool tells the story that the Matt and Tray came back and said, hey, we love it. It's awesome, thank you so much. But it's like a minute and a half long, and Comedy Central needs it under thirty seconds, so could you redo this again? Primus is like, we're touring, I don't have time to keep cutting a theme song for a couple of guys we don't know. So they basically took the exact thing that Primus sent them and just sped it up like crazy. So the original is much like way slower than band.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, it's it's a sped up version. So anyway, kind of a cool bit that they just did it. I think it was very very very little money, very little money. They didn't care they but they're making money on it now. I wonder.
Speaker 5: I wonder long term how much they've made total? Oh I bet a lot. I bet a lot. Because the lead guy in the The Bare Naked Ladies wrote the Big Bang theory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's made millions off that. Yeah, I wonder what AI says? How much? Look this up? How much is Primus made off of the south Park theme? What if they say six bucks?
Speaker 2: Is it possible, like to have AI read your answers to you in the voice of Alan Iverson, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I mean probably. Well. The exact lifetime dollar amount has never been publicly disclosed. The ongoing royalties from the south Park theme song have generated millions of dollars for Primus. The original Oh Man, check this out. If you guys didn't just google us yourself. AI. And this makes sense based on the story.
Speaker 5: When creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone called Primus's management in nineteen ninety seven, to write a theme song. They had a budget of how much How much did they pay Primus for the original theme song idea?
Speaker 1: What would you guess, like a hundred bucks?
Speaker 6: I was going to say twelve thousand dollars for some.
Speaker 5: Say, Max, I can save you twenty six dollars if you'd like seventy four bucks.
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 5: But how cool is that that Primus was a big deal and they're like, yeah, we'll do it whatever.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's nineteen ninety seven. Yeah, they were still a big deal. They could have asked for way more, but it was Eh, that was probably peak Primus. I mean mid nineties was peak Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's another story.
Speaker 7: It put every kid that every Primus kid through college, but they weren't allowed to watch the show.
Speaker 1: That's great. What a what a unique bass player?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, one essentially sounded like him since No.
Speaker 7: He's made for eighty different bands with like I mean, he's in a band with who's the drummer hawk from the Police? Is it Stuart? And I think like Maynard's in a band with them, like they're in like he's in fifty different days.
Speaker 1: Really Yeah? Yeah, yeah, my name is mud.
Speaker 6: That's why it worked.
Speaker 5: In nineteen ninety three because it was hard not to and you had to do the voice too, right my name is where it's like half congested.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The tuning on the bass is so interesting too. It how he slaps the bass and that it sounds like the guitar strings are barely tied down.
Speaker 5: Right, they're just yeah, yeah, next, do you have any idea what we're talking about?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not love to play it for. You have to do it during the break, just.
Speaker 5: To get his live reaction us Claypool slapping the bass and saying.
Speaker 1: My name is Yeah, we got it? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 1: Watching of those rock festivals from the nineties.
Speaker 5: When he started doing that riff, the place would lose their mind. How many in the history of rock music, how many bass players bass players had the crowd.
Speaker 1: In the palm of their hand with one or two notes yea and lose their mind.
Speaker 6: I can't believe the auto talk about it.
Speaker 2: I would love to know, because it becomes with him, it becomes a percussive instrument.
Speaker 5: It definitely is. Yeah, it turns into drums, well said, no doubt. That interview is super good.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen it. I haven't seen that one. It's really good, man.
Speaker 5: No, it's because it's the one where where Rick opens up and he's like, hey, my name is Rick, and.
Speaker 1: Then less Claypool says, that's right. He introduces himself as Mud, and it isn't.
Speaker 2: My name is Mud, the doctor who worked on John Wilkes booth when he was escaping, and that's why it became a thing they call it.
Speaker 6: My name is Mud. The doctor's name was Mudd.
Speaker 2: I'm almost positive that's the story that sticks in my brain there somewhere. That's where that scene comes from, because I think he interests either either he was like blacklisted or maybe even like held on charges or something like that, because he helped out John Wilkes booth.
Speaker 1: See, you learned something every day.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying, man, all.
Speaker 1: Right, front paid Sports. We'll learn some stuff about sports after this. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the.
Speaker 11: Fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: This report is here before.
Speaker 6: So we were watching that as you walked out for you.
Speaker 2: Then my name is Mud, Dad Woodstock ninety four and he starts playing it, and then he stops and he goes, I opened a big ass cannon. Worms there, didn't I give your mud to yourself.
Speaker 6: Throw put on the stage. That's such a slack. What do you think of that Maxiell?
Speaker 9: That bangs, that rips like we were just talking. I mean he could have could have and literally did just say anything over that over that riff because it went so hard.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you, guys, until this moment you guys witnessed it, I had no idea that was about murdering that guy.
Speaker 6: I had no idea that's what the song was about. The Jew.
Speaker 1: No, the guy steps on.
Speaker 9: His shoes, that's but you're too busy bang in your head to even care what he says.
Speaker 6: And you're like, that looks like young Christ.
Speaker 9: Like a country spoken word over like a super hard riff.
Speaker 5: At the end of the the end of the song is so I kissed him upside the cranium with that aluminum bass.
Speaker 2: All bad my name is really says I got to get him in the dirt before he starts to smell, because the.
Speaker 12: Guy stepped on his shoes and that's the only thing he cares about. The rest of him is just blue. The album is called Pork Soda. Yeah, you should listen to most of it. Nature boy is a good tune. It's a good bit.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: They're kind of funny too.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'll care or have ears left to hear and that kind of genre comes around again. But there was a kind of freedom in that little space of time. I mean songs like peaches and you know, there there was a freedom you could write about anything, and there was joy and ridiculousness and you know, some seriousness to it as.
Speaker 1: Well, but self aware, stupid.
Speaker 6: That's good. That's exactly a good way.
Speaker 5: They leaned into the like I love that you brought up the presidency in that I say some of America because they they actually could kind of rock that they were singing about mock fives, peaches and lump.
Speaker 1: Lump, none of those. They're not singing about, you know, famine and war.
Speaker 5: It's they're just let's write a song about how many peaches we have.
Speaker 6: We talked.
Speaker 2: I talked much about it. I talked too much about it, I understand, But like Oasis, you know, what are your words mean? I don't know, man, it rhymed? You know that's what you said right now. I'm like, oh, yeah, okay, cool, cool, good, I get it. That's cool.
Speaker 5: I just think if my Name is Mud came out today, the Internet would tear it apart.
Speaker 1: They didn't have no fun of it.
Speaker 2: They may never even know it existed, right, Yeah, to be honest with you, But it might also be the who knows, I can't predict anything anymore.
Speaker 6: It might be it might have been the biggest ever.
Speaker 10: Know.
Speaker 1: But we just watched the actual video.
Speaker 5: Like I said, was it was on MTV all the time, all the time, and I had forgotten that, like Seed and Grin, that less Clayfold has in his face the first two minutes of that video just he's looking right into the camera like, I know this is ridiculous, but who cares. It's fun, but it works.
Speaker 2: Do you think when he played that, he was like, there's nothing we can do to make this cooler. I'm just gonna say words. Yeah, right, this is going to be a hit no matter what. This this lick and I think it's any It may be six, but it looked like it might have been an eight string base. If it is, I've never seen one of those before. Man, he's that's he's a god.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, really cool. All right, let's do a front page.
Speaker 13: Played what we were talking about Yeah time now for front paid sports presented by Holiday station Stores, it thinks Holiday station stores by two monsters, get one free for them at a time.
Speaker 5: Two for well, actually three for two by two, get one free mixing matching new flavors you wanted, Monster.
Speaker 1: Ultra zero.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, the Holidays is the best rehab. Whatever you want, son of a bitch.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I'm trying to get into by email.
Speaker 1: Oh, two step verification.
Speaker 2: I had to load a new password in and I thought I reknew it, but apparently I forgot it already.
Speaker 6: Sorry, go ahead, I didn't need to curse on the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 5: What do you want to bet? His new password is? My name is Mud sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn it not just put a dollar sign afterwards.
Speaker 5: Yeah, correct, my name is Mud sixty nine. The US place Bosnia on Wednesday at seven o'clock in the round of thirty two. That game is in Santa Clara, California, just a couple of days away, so now it matters.
Speaker 1: So that's on at five pm local time. There no seven here, I think at five pm there, I guess. Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh that gives all of us a chance because then it's eight o'clock on the East Coast.
Speaker 1: Not nine pm on like it was the other night.
Speaker 7: Well, good for them, it's gonna be sweet. If they lose, it's over right, yeah, a right. Their favorites though, they sure are. Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: People are digging it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's something I should have known, but I never realized how long this damn thing lasts.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I saw there's a bar over here that has a sign out.
Speaker 1: It goes until July nineteenth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like playoffs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well it's not that long. That's the longest thing ever.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 6: People are loving it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man. So today you have Brazil versus Japan at noon. That game's in Houston.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow's pictures of the brazil fans.
Speaker 1: Oh right, yeah.
Speaker 5: Germany, Germany versus Paraguay at three point thirty.
Speaker 1: That's in Foxboro, Massachusetts.
Speaker 5: Then the Netherlands versus Morocco eight o'clock in Guadalupe.
Speaker 1: Well, that'll be fun. It's been fun so far, man, it really has been. It's been a joy to watch and all the stars are showing up.
Speaker 6: You know, it was a joy. It was listening to you guys on the radio.
Speaker 2: History really Yeah, I heard you guys, who's the third person on with you?
Speaker 6: And Brett?
Speaker 1: Andrew and Tom? I got Andrew and Tom both in there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's good. It was a good show.
Speaker 1: Thanks Man for nice Joe. What'd you guys talk about? I don't even remember. I know it's not weird. We had fun though.
Speaker 6: Did you preview the psychic?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'm feeling in for Pa this week.
Speaker 9: And when I was working when I was doing my show at Fox nine, and we had a psychic lady come on and do tarot readings and stuff, and I'm like, I'm a skeptical person, so I'm not gonna lie. So you knew some stuff that she had no business knowing dog and it kind of freaked me out a little bit. And so she messaged me the other day and so she could do sports predictions on the radio sometimes rich a.
Speaker 1: Billion, Yeah for sure. Yeah. What's your name Rachel?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: I like it, Tommy, Tommy would like her to.
Speaker 6: My name is Mud.
Speaker 5: Remember when Rosie said he had like an intuitive that he was going to bring in, Oh yeah, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like challenge accepted. He's like, no, she's coming in. She's gonna come in.
Speaker 6: He's checking with that lady for a long time.
Speaker 5: Well, he should find somebody else, I'll tell you, honestly. Wow, I mean right, come on, dude, yeah, come on somebody else. I would say, find somebody that knows what they're doing.
Speaker 1: But nobody knows what they're doing.
Speaker 6: He doesn't.
Speaker 2: He never brought her up again because I think you hurt us feeling good badly, But he honestly, he believes, he does that. He believes that woman's touched.
Speaker 14: That's not the right, my god, you know what by the spirit?
Speaker 1: Touched by the spirit.
Speaker 6: Come on, oh, I need this tiny excuse. I'm out of here, and you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Saw send me that. You sent me that video a week or two ago, but I've seen.
Speaker 5: It before, but it's the best, the Lisa Garrero one, right, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah you.
Speaker 1: Ever seen that video?
Speaker 5: Chris So you remember, you know Lisa Garrera used to be like, hey, was she a sideline gal for a while.
Speaker 6: That's yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: But then she moved into like the world of was it Inside Edition or it was one of those shows, you know, those like tabloid you shows, And she's doing an interview with a psychic and the psychic basically says that her claim to fame is she helps cases.
Speaker 1: She just knows if people are alive or dead.
Speaker 5: She can't necessarily tell you the circumstances, but she can just tell you if this person is alive or dead. And Lisa holds up a picture and she said, you once famously said that this girl was dead. And the girl's like, yep, I remember that case. I worked that case. And Lisa's like, well, you said this girl had disappeared and died, right, She's like, yeah, I remember, And Lisa goes this is me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, how am I dead?
Speaker 5: And she's like, well wait, wait, wait a minute, that can't be that can't be right. And then she storms out of the interview, going like this interviews over whoa because.
Speaker 1: She just obviously gets caught in the weirdest lie of all time. Yeah, it's pretty good.
Speaker 5: It's I mean, it's just come on, what are we doing here? By the way, that's that same gal, that same gal that walked out on Lisa Guerrero has been advising Mark Rosen for thirty years.
Speaker 6: You hurt his feelings that day, You really.
Speaker 1: Did, could good?
Speaker 5: I hope she was listening to Rosie, Rosie, how's his knee coming along?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know, it's still old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 2: It probably feels better than day a week ago today, because, let me tell you, those first three weeks.
Speaker 5: Are what what do they do with a knee replacement? You've gone through it? What what does he have in him?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 6: Okay, wow, mine?
Speaker 5: No, you mean his knee? Oh the rest of it's none of my business.
Speaker 6: Cut it off.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: At the bottom of the this was the femur and the top of the whatever tibula whatever it is.
Speaker 1: That right, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: And then in mine they gave the exact measurements to the machine in the uh in the surgery room, you know, like a plastic printing machine, and it prints out your new knee components right there in the operator.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any idea what it's made of?
Speaker 6: I don't. I know, I really don't. I probably did at one point.
Speaker 2: They have to do it because they don't know for sure how bad like the kneecap is going to be until they get in there and my kneecap. You know, let's say the kneecap is and I'm this is not right. But let's say the the kneecap normally is the size of a silver dollar.
Speaker 6: It's much bigger than that.
Speaker 2: There was so much arthritis underneath my kneecap that basically minds the size of a dime now and the rest of its plastic.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: So when I get on my knees.
Speaker 2: Which I do all the time for chat Abbott, I can't field that I'm on my knees because my kneecap isn't real.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's weird. So this one says.
Speaker 5: Most knee replacements are made of three primary materials, durable metal alloys, medical grade plastics, and sometimes ceramics. Let me ask about the old three D made my knee.
Speaker 1: Oh that's kind of you're dead.
Speaker 5: Most three D printed knee replacements are made of medical grade titanium alloys.
Speaker 6: That's why I can't go through the airport.
Speaker 1: The old Uh do you beep every time every.
Speaker 6: Time a line and get an the other one?
Speaker 1: I don't even go through the And then you have to say my knee is whatever. Then they do the wand on the knee.
Speaker 6: My knee is baked brilliants.
Speaker 5: Like urger. That'll be great, yeah, psychics trash.
Speaker 7: Rachel Rachel and Rosie is listening.
Speaker 5: I would still love her to come in. Oh, I'm sure she's very excited.
Speaker 6: But another news, Max, We're excited.
Speaker 1: When will that be, Max? I'm filling it for Pa Wednesday Thursday.
Speaker 6: That's awesome, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: Vocal maintenance worst PA probably vocal maintenance I got.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I'm being ordered to do that myself soon. The e n T said I need to give my voice a break.
Speaker 5: Well, then your primus impression is not going to help. No, and you're gonna do it fifty times. My name is I need a break, Robot.
Speaker 6: I need a break. I think I got a dance now.
Speaker 1: Oh you would. The Twins beat the Rockies three to two. Kache Clemmons hit his thirteenth home run of the year. Man's going on with that kid.
Speaker 5: They won two out of three against Colorado. They're now forty and forty five. At Houston for the next three and then at the Yankees after that, twelve games to go before the All Star break.
Speaker 1: Hawk and Sauce Yes.
Speaker 5: Hebbie Matthews on the mountain the night from the Minnesota Twins. Sauce is laughing because he knows where I'm going with this. Rebbie Matthew's on the mountain for the twins the Astros picture tonight, Chris.
Speaker 6: Is my name of mud?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: No, what do you me up for that? I don't know what is it?
Speaker 1: Peter Lambert?
Speaker 6: Is it really Papa?
Speaker 5: Sedbie Matthews versus Peter Lambert tonight in Houston? Papa?
Speaker 6: Is anybody watching the kids?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: It's in Houston though, So Papa's in Houston.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's out of town.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Papa, I got this, My god, Papa, Ye locked the door.
Speaker 1: I saw that. It laughed loud a pizza sauce on the mountain? Is it? Ai? Chat button night? Houston? Brilliant? Can I tell you guys a funny story? Why I start? Now? Can you do when we get back as we're.
Speaker 7: It's worth it. You guys will like this story. I promise, I promise, I promise you'll.
Speaker 15: Oh.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you will, Corey, but Hawk and Maxwell love this story.
Speaker 6: Good, good, All right, let's do it.
Speaker 1: That's in a second, and we'll do what really matters. Ben Lieber.
Speaker 5: In forty minutes, this is the power Tram morning to join the fan the global stage.
Speaker 1: Is lit. The twenty twenty six People World Cup is on.
Speaker 6: All right, here we are ARTI mort Show.
Speaker 2: Our name is Mutt, and Sauce has got a funny story for us.
Speaker 6: That's that that Max and I are gonna like.
Speaker 2: You didn't mention whether Sam's gonna like it or not, but you said you don't think HER's gonna like it.
Speaker 6: But we're still very interesting.
Speaker 1: I think I think Sam will like it. Yeah, Sam, I think let's see how it goes.
Speaker 6: Okay, good, he's with us, He's ready.
Speaker 1: Okay. So a buddy of mine over the weekend.
Speaker 7: Playing golf with him, and he tells me the story about how he We were talking about spam texts and spam phone calls and he says I got one on Friday, so the day whatever, it doesn't matter, and he says he got a text from a jail that said his inmate whatever whatever, would like to speak to you. And he's like, I'm not falling for this. This is obviously spam. I'm not giving them any information. I'm not falling for this. He deletes it two seconds later, same thing. Inmate four four four four four would like to speak with you. Please respond when you have a second deletes, it happens again, so he clicks on it finally because he's like, all right, this has to somebody needs me. That is a friend of mine. I have to respond, So he clicks on it. It was a stripper he gave his phone number to twenty years ago, your kid knows, true, one thousand percent true story, who had been arrested on felony theft charges and wanted him to bail her out of jail.
Speaker 1: True, one hundred percent true story. Have they stayed in touch over the last years at all?
Speaker 7: No, but he you know, probably twenty years ago, was hammered, gave her phone number, hadn't had a conversation with her after that night, and she hung onto that phone number.
Speaker 1: Let me let me say the obvious but unbelievably.
Speaker 5: Depressing point of how few people she has in her life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that this action.
Speaker 6: Yeah, here's another thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm gonna, by the way, ignore for the moment when you you for a moment, for a moment thought of explaining d us that Friday happens before Saturday. I'm gonna know that because you went past it. So I'm going to cross that off my papers appreciate it.
Speaker 6: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: I don't remember people I met last year. Yeah, how would he remember that? He even gave this woman a phone number. I mean that must have been quite a set.
Speaker 7: Well he and yeah, I would assume he talked her on the phone because she he was like where and then he put two and two together, was like, oh but yeah he hung up.
Speaker 1: Didn't help her out? But yet? No, no, oh he can yeah.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, that's even worse. Ignoring her is like, oh, man, this is the stripper I gave my numbers. He's twenty years ago. It's way worse to talker and go what's going on? And in jail?
Speaker 1: I need help? Yeah, I'm not gonna help you out.
Speaker 5: It's way way better just to ghost her because she can't possibly think after twenty years some random at a strip club is going to help you out of jail.
Speaker 6: Hold on, let me ask no question.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Do I know this friend of yours?
Speaker 1: Gentlemen, I think you've met him? Yeah? Ok?
Speaker 6: Does he not have any negotiating skills?
Speaker 1: Oh he's got a ton of them. Yeah yeah yeah yeah. Tree no Hea club, Pat Luke, no Seaene beer.
Speaker 7: No, no not no no.
Speaker 10: Zach nope, fuck, nope, Garlar, No, my grandpa?
Speaker 1: No, what's your grandpa? No?
Speaker 5: No, a guy who used to come into the cigar shop I worked at.
Speaker 1: No, No, I have them Sam, No, it was not hot ass Randy? No? Who else? Do we not have it? In the button bar again? Pizzauce?
Speaker 5: No, he's fifting the night for the astros.
Speaker 6: Oh, he definitely would have got. She'd be out of jail right forgetting.
Speaker 1: You should be living with him.
Speaker 5: Oh, the dude you took the medival?
Speaker 1: Who's the guy you took the medieval time?
Speaker 5: Will Bucklet? Yeah, Will Bucklet? No, not Will Buckling. No, Dusty Mon, No, got great guess Dusty Mon.
Speaker 1: No. No, listen, you don't have any more friends. We just named all of them.
Speaker 2: I can't believe your friend didn't negotiate. You know, there are certain things money can buy.
Speaker 7: Well, you said it was a felony, right, yeah, multiple felony theft charges.
Speaker 1: So why did she still have his numble? So her life she didn't go well, she never went to college. I don't think she was raising money for college. I don't think so. Oh Man, tough break for tree.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a tough break for hers that It wasn't me that she met because I just spent the rest of the there because I can't help it.
Speaker 1: How do you get to stream?
Speaker 2: Yeah? All right, well the jail take Benmo, I don't really remember you.
Speaker 1: And did this person find out what the felony charges were?
Speaker 7: Theft?
Speaker 1: Yeah it was theft. Yeah, felony theft so bad? Yeah? Yeah, poor Tanga ray. Oh yeah, so that's my story.
Speaker 6: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Corey.
Speaker 6: Did you like it?
Speaker 5: No, it was worth it, yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was really funny. Yeah. And then speaking to that, don't make it worse you won.
Speaker 7: No, But I got a text message from a number I didn't know that just said I find your behavior offensive.
Speaker 5: I agree, and I deleted it. It was like a spam bit. But I'm like, you know it was spam.
Speaker 6: I wasn't guarantee you.
Speaker 1: I don't know who it was.
Speaker 5: But somebody, somebody you gave your number two years ago, somebody finds my behavior offensive.
Speaker 1: Oh they're not wrong. Whatever.
Speaker 5: What really matters is brought to you by Ovo Lasick and lens Go Get Lasik from the Legends of Lasik, doctor Mark lovan Up and doctor David Whitey, they're the best.
Speaker 6: If your buddy says he gets another call, giver my number.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, yeah, caged. He he'll text me here in a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait a minute, if you're into that, wait a minute. If this friend knows you won't have to be listening and text you right now. We definitely know this friend. You're just not telling us who it is.
Speaker 1: Yep, I think I hit the button. No you did not. I'll tell you during the break. Yeah, what does it start with? No? No?
Speaker 6: With with park Nosen?
Speaker 1: Would that shock you had, that incident happened to him?
Speaker 7: It would surprised me and he said no, yeah, no, he wouldn't say no.
Speaker 6: Was it Srett?
Speaker 1: No, it was not Schmrett.
Speaker 6: Are you sure?
Speaker 1: Over the weekend the NHL.
Speaker 16: We know was not Schmart the NHL draft occurred, and Whyatt Colin, the son of Matt Collin of Morehead, was selected tenth overall?
Speaker 1: How about that? Wyatt Colin goes tenth to the Nashville Predators.
Speaker 6: Man, Well, how about the relations Matt.
Speaker 1: I'm the man. We will talk to h.
Speaker 2: Mister Mark Parrish about it this week as well. But I'm gonna guess he's known that little boy since.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Toddler tenth overall, though I believe he's Is he not going to the Gophers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty sure he is not going to say cloud No, no, no, I think he's a Gopher. Well, somebody check it out. Gopher. No, No, he was he was saying, is that right? Yeah? But I think Wyatt's going to the U. Read that's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Gavin mccannon went number one overall to Toronto and Justin Bieber announced him. What yeah, oh really, I mean the NHL is trying something else, so they had like I think he said something like, mister mckennaugh, we'd love to draft you to Toronto.
Speaker 1: And then the place went nuts.
Speaker 5: Oh sweet, it's pretty awesome. I guess the Beams is a big maple LEAs well Justin Bieber or why Colin both? But what really matters is this, Hey.
Speaker 6: Suscy, yes, sir, on this date, do you remember this? Let me say how good your memory is? On this date?
Speaker 2: In what year did actress Jane Mansfield die in a car crash? We just watched the documentary, which again it's called My Mom Jane, Right.
Speaker 1: Is that what it's called?
Speaker 6: I think so fantastic documentary. Have you seen yet?
Speaker 2: Sixty eight You're very close sixty seven, yeah, sixty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I never went to watch this documentary. Don't read anything about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just watch it because the twists and turns in this documentary will knock you out.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hbo most of the time, Mariska, it's her mom.
Speaker 6: You gotta watch it, you gotta watch anything.
Speaker 7: Normally, Hawk will be like, yeah, this is great. I'm like he was one million percent correct. You can't believe it.
Speaker 6: Can't believe it.
Speaker 7: You can't and stuff happens to them in real time, like they find out that it's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Speaking of documentaries, Sorry derailed the show. So yesterday I was super tired. I played four gigs in four days.
Speaker 6: I was beat.
Speaker 2: I wasn't leaving the couch except for to go see Jackass. And I turned on the Ken Burns channel because I love it. I love documentaries. I'm gonna channel oh yeah, yeah, on whatever I.
Speaker 1: Have one of the streaming services.
Speaker 6: It's it's so good.
Speaker 2: And I just happened to catch the very end of episode I think three of Civil War, and there's my guy, Shelby Foot, and he did the most bit.
Speaker 1: He did it.
Speaker 2: He goes like this, He goes, I got kind of friendly with h Nathan Bedford, Force's great granddaughter before she passed away. She's a very sweet woman. And he goes, He goes, and I called her one day and I said, you know, I do believe that the Civil War produced two legitimate geniuses. One would be your grandfather and the other would be Abraham Lincoln. And then he goes like this, He goes and Miss Forrest said, you know, in all house, we won't big fans a Lincoln.
Speaker 1: He did it.
Speaker 2: He sounds like, you can't why a mine in this house by myself right now.
Speaker 6: That's exactly the moment. He just had this little smirk on his face.
Speaker 5: Like Max, can you can you cancel the psychic later this week and just have me because I'm going to be a psychic right now. Okay, I'm picturing the rest of Chris's day. It's gonna be our long conversations between Shelby Foot and less Clayful.
Speaker 1: You are correct, what's your own name? My name is Mood?
Speaker 5: His name, he said, his name is Mood.
Speaker 1: That's it's gonna be. That's gonna bleed over till five thirty tomorrow morning.
Speaker 5: So that's the rest of the day. The are pay me one hundred dollars for my SAIC abilities. Yeah, correct, that's gonna be so accurate. Yeah, that's gonna be the car ride home. I'm gonna guess Chris is going to answer the phone as less Clay se Man.
Speaker 7: Think of the person that calls in to win that try to win the jackpot on Friday.
Speaker 1: My name is Mud.
Speaker 6: You just wait for that trip out of jail.
Speaker 1: That's all you're gonna think about. People, text you.
Speaker 5: Canada beat South Africa one nothing in the World Cup reaches the round of sixteen for the first time ever.
Speaker 1: How about our Canadian friends.
Speaker 5: That's only the third word World Cup of all time, but first time in the old sweet sixteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Canada one nothing over South that loves Yeah. Take that, Dave Matthews. Yeah, take that Dave Matthews.
Speaker 1: Justin Bieber defeats Dave Matthews in round one.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: What really matters though, is this?
Speaker 2: On this date in the year sixteen thirteen, William Shakespeare's Globe Theater burned to the ground.
Speaker 14: Good what Jesus Willy good Willy?
Speaker 6: I ever called him? Willie?
Speaker 1: Probably his mom.
Speaker 2: Globe was built by Shakespeare's acting company, The Lord Chamberlain's Men in fifteen net and nine from the timbers of London's very first permanent theater, Burbage's Theater, which was built in fifteen seventy six.
Speaker 6: Man, people have been around a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man, building stuff, the Age of the Dragons, yeah, man, And.
Speaker 6: I will still see, say, the end of Hamnet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't be able to watch that and without crying. I don't care if I saw it nine hundred times in a row, I'd still cry.
Speaker 9: No, it's it's hard to even explain to people without crying.
Speaker 1: Without seeing it. These guys will.
Speaker 2: Never watch the film. No, I'm gonna tell you the end of that film is wonderful.
Speaker 9: It's it's one of the most poignant, powerful scenes that I've ever seen in a movie.
Speaker 1: You guys can say that.
Speaker 6: Heart would grow three sizes of corey if you watch the end of that film.
Speaker 1: You don't have time for that, I know. Yeah, my name is.
Speaker 5: Okay, Thanks Less, You're awesome, Ohless.
Speaker 1: Clip shout with the Shakespeare.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, Willie shut out? Will it is on file?
Speaker 1: Willy not to be brilliant. It's already started. It's already started.
Speaker 7: Fellow, of course, he said, good you guys have.
Speaker 1: Soon.
Speaker 6: He's a patron.
Speaker 1: He loves the ur more of what really matters. After this, Ben Lever in a little bit as well.
Speaker 11: This is the power to Morning show on the van from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by the new Samsung Galaxy S twenty six group.
Speaker 6: What it is Welcome back Badge Morning Show.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious. It is.
Speaker 5: He's funny man. Chris Ponius is funny.
Speaker 6: I know I will never do this, but it would be very funny to uh.
Speaker 2: Like, just play the audio. I'm bad Okay, Marty, you got three guesses?
Speaker 5: What is this?
Speaker 6: The sound though, brilliant.
Speaker 5: Lever will be here in about fifteen minutes. Let's do more of what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports, and the Chris will change your life with something else.
Speaker 1: That's right, saw sad.
Speaker 5: Don't know if you followed the golf at all yesterday, but man big names at the top of the travelers.
Speaker 1: Marikawa shot a sixty one. Yes he did. To make a run at it.
Speaker 5: He comes up what one short though at minus twenty Scheffler and Hoblin, both twenty one under.
Speaker 1: They will have a playoff today.
Speaker 5: I guess they didn't do it last night because it was too dark, so they said, no thanks, but how about the top let's go top five Scheffler, Hoblin, Morikawa, Matt Fitzpatrick, Wendell Clark when and actually Batilla, Yeah it was uh, Clark.
Speaker 1: Was in the mix again.
Speaker 7: It was great because it's a it's a signature event, which is weird to have it right after the US Open. I but you know, they take this week off a lot of them do.
Speaker 5: Then the week after that they play in the Scottish Open, and then it's the the British Open as we call it here.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the putt Scott he made.
Speaker 7: To force the over or the overtime, the tiebreaker bit outstanding.
Speaker 5: Man, is such a great what a weird vibe, like your you're golfing all Sunday, you're battling, you're fighting, and they might play one hole today.
Speaker 7: Right that I didn't when I when I was watching that and they said, well tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: I'm like tomorrow, I'm like, wait, what it's one hole y? But I guess they said it was too dark.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so they just ride back to eighteen and play it like I if it were like some of these are like three whole playoffs. I get that it's one hole, but yeah, they they played really well.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: It's fun to watch those guys play great golf. What really matters, though, is this all right?
Speaker 6: Still?
Speaker 2: Full in trying to get in my email over her apologies drives me damned crazy. You think I have state secrets on my phone?
Speaker 6: I do not.
Speaker 17: Okay, Oh Jay Simpson, I just thought you were doing Adam samer lyricks.
Speaker 1: But Hall of Famer racoon he converted.
Speaker 2: OJ Simpson could be dropped from the Bill's Wall of Fame. What I know what?
Speaker 5: I loved all the headlines. OJ Simpson will not be honored at the new Bill Stadium.
Speaker 1: I wonder why. I wonder why.
Speaker 5: J Yeah, why does Darren Sharper have a plaque at US Bank Stadium?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 15: Bill CEO Pete Gwelly says Simpson is not a fit for what the Bill's family and stadium represents. Simpson sent nine seasons with Buffalo and died of cancer in twenty twenty four, but his time in the field would be overshadowed by as many legal problems, including the so called Trial of the Century involving the murders of his ex wife and her friend. Simpson was acquitted of those charges, but years later found guilty and sentenced to prison for robbing a group of people at a Las Vegas casino. I'm Tammy trihello.
Speaker 2: Amazing that that he did go to prison for that, right, right, a million times.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say it again.
Speaker 2: If you get away with that, allegedly you lead a clean life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't even You don't even know the rest of it.
Speaker 6: Like you won the lottery.
Speaker 1: You don't even roll the stops. You don't even.
Speaker 9: As we saw in that documentary, he did the exact.
Speaker 1: He wrote a book said if I did it show, Yeah he did. He did make a prank show.
Speaker 7: Oh j Jackass, Yeah, basically yeah, Orange Jackass, Yeah he did.
Speaker 1: He made a prank show. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then can you imagine if the Bills made a bronze statue of OJ and it just was him with the gloves and the knife, Yeah, trying to get his stuff in one hand and a knife in the other. You can get your photos with it. The best is.
Speaker 7: When he when they those shoes that he was wearing, and he's like, those are the ugliest shoes of her scene.
Speaker 1: I would never wear those.
Speaker 7: And the defense or the prosecuting attorneys had like fifty pictures of him wearing.
Speaker 1: And they didn't get convicted. Convicted and there the shoes are also one of one.
Speaker 9: Yes, he's the only one in the world that had those shoes.
Speaker 1: Brilliant. It's so funny.
Speaker 9: Had documentary when the when they have the legal team saying, We've never had this much evidence like someone before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder if you did it.
Speaker 5: Oh fuck the Minnesota Lynks, what a transition. Yeah, the Minnesota Lynx won eighty five seventy seven over the Dallas Wings. That puts our friend Cheryl Reeve tied for the all time record WNBA record three hundred and seventy nine regular season wins.
Speaker 6: Did she go on the Hall of Fame this weekend or something?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, women Women's basketball or women's basketball Hall of Fame, some women's Hall of Fame. I forget which one was.
Speaker 1: The Nashville on Saturday Night was in Dallas. She continues to dominate stop with the noise page.
Speaker 5: Becker's twenty five points, Olivia Miles and Natasha Howard both twenty one for the links. They're off until Friday now where she can break the record at New York Cheryl.
Speaker 1: Can break the record yep, decenumber one. What really matters, though, is this ess a week?
Speaker 6: Mm hmm okay by straighten up, okay.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: Mel Brooks turns one hundred years old today.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Yeah, good for him.
Speaker 6: I actually he did over the weekend. I guess sorry, what is today's day? Twenty eight?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So is this this week? And he did?
Speaker 2: Of course, major birthday for the comic legend. Melbot's one hundred years old. From Blazing Saddles to History of the World Part One, The producers Young Frankenstein's Baseball So much More. The Oscar Grammy Emmy Tony Winner has written, director, and produced over twenty movies. Been making people laugh since he started writting for Sid Caesar in the nineteen fifties, and he's still going.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: An HBO documentary about his life came out last year, and the Spaceball sequel is out next year. If you haven't seen the documentary Judd Apatow did, it's really I'm not really well done, very well.
Speaker 6: Done world War Two. By the way, he fought in World War Two.
Speaker 1: But what does it say about me? This is I know.
Speaker 5: I was born in nineteen eighty so like all the all the movies that were on USA in the nineties, the decade, not the Nightclub.
Speaker 1: Ye hit me right between the eyes. But do you know how many times I've seen men in tights? Yeah? A lot, a lot, right, I saw.
Speaker 5: And the only reason I've bring that up is I've seen it a ton. How many times I've seen Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein zero zero, That's what I know.
Speaker 1: Oh dude.
Speaker 5: And I've seen Spaceballs a thousand times.
Speaker 1: I love that movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah so, and I've seen History of the World Part one. I love mel Brooks. I just can't believe I haven't seen maybe his two best.
Speaker 6: I think Young Frankenstein is a classic comedy.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 6: It's very very good. I'm not sure you would love it. I think you would, but I'm not sure it's so good.
Speaker 2: Gazing Saddles is a movie that would never ever be made ever again.
Speaker 9: I mean, and it's one of the funniest, it's one of the funniest ever time.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's so good, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 7: Somebody's gonna back to camp and get an s loaded dimes. It's that little little, stupid, little like toll bit where they could go around it on either side.
Speaker 1: I guess we can't cry. It's so good.
Speaker 9: Just the old lady at the beginning, Sorry I called you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's such a good movie, just so wrong.
Speaker 6: It's so good. Oh so good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I maybe have seen men in Tites maybe one time, which shocks me that I've only seen it very young.
Speaker 1: Dave Chappelle in Robinhood Meninites.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, the Hornet's not done dealing. They dealt Miles Bridges a twenty twenty nine first round pick and a twenty twenty seven second round pick to Phoenix for Grayson Allen Royce O'Neill in a twenty thirty three first rounder.
Speaker 1: So that's another huge trade. So think about this.
Speaker 6: They went from thirty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was one of the ones on the Wolves trade too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm sorry, keep your fan of thought. Can I trade? Could we trade a twenty fifty?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I think this is about as far out as you can go, is it like, is it like eight years, seven or eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's as far out as you non consecutive you can't. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So so how about the Hornets two years ago win nineteen games. Last year they win forty four lamellow ball played in most like seventy plus games.
Speaker 1: Miles Bridge is a big part of that.
Speaker 5: So you have your first decent team in a while and you just blow it up. So they're gonna they're gonna roll with Brandon Miller and Konko Nipple and now Nas Reed and Grayson Allen and Royce o'nealan.
Speaker 1: Say, so, they're blowing it up.
Speaker 5: Not that they were like a championship contending team, but you finally got a team that's worth watching. I think the last three or four months the Hornets were one of the hottest teams in the NBA.
Speaker 9: They were they had the best offense post All Star Break and the.
Speaker 1: Second best or third best record, and they're just saying like, let's try something else. Yeah, interesting, especially in the East. You got something going.
Speaker 7: It's also going to be really interesting because I think a week from today all of these trades are official, because I think July sixth is the start of the new league year in the NBA, it's gonna be interesting to see how large of a web this LaMelo trade is because I think it's gonna include Brooklyn. I think it's gonna include the Chicago trade with It's gonna be like a four or five team trade when this is all said and done.
Speaker 1: So well, no, it'll be a week from today.
Speaker 5: If you're anti LaMelo ball trade, if for the Wolves, if you're a Wolf fan that is concerned that this is too much and he's not worth it, and we should have gone in a different direction, We should have tried something else, anything else.
Speaker 1: That that's a pretty compelling argument to go why.
Speaker 5: The hell is Charlotte getting rid of him when they are trending the right way and he played most of those games, So it's like.
Speaker 1: They want to move on from this guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's twenty four, he's in his prime, but they're saying, no thanks, we've had enough. Like that should be pretty concerning. Well, they're not interested, but.
Speaker 1: I don't think it is. That is an argument, right, you can make that argument.
Speaker 7: But I think the other thing is they have Kobe White, who is going to play point guard, and they want to focus this team around con Canipple, So I think that is Yeah, you could argue that, but I think they think that they are going to be better with Kank Nipple as their lead player, and they're trying to sell high. Yeah, and they're trying this is the highest value you could get out of and the Wolves that wanted him for two years. I think it's a home run trade. I think the backcourt of LaMelo and Ant is going to be outstanding.
Speaker 1: It is crazy how many national people hate this trade.
Speaker 7: Well articulate. The only one I care about is Kendrick Perkins. He loves it.
Speaker 5: He thinks it's the best backcourt in the NBA and it'll be fun.
Speaker 1: What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 2: Yesterday on your show, I remember what you guys were talking about that I wanted to ask you about. Man, Yeah, I thought Lesner did retire, and you said he's gonna retire.
Speaker 9: He did. It's a weird thing because the rumor for a long time has been he's going to retire right summerslamwhich is at US Bank Stadium here in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 9: And and then he wrestled at WrestleMania, came back to wrestle at WrestleMania. Basically there's a new kind of monster guy that's plays basically kind of plays the same role that brock Lesner plays now. And he basically he beat brock Lester show like I'm the new big giant guy, you know, And Brocklesner at the end starts crying and he does ah yeah, he does the X symbol too, which, like wrestling, if you know, like the ins and outs of wrestling, that usually means this is not in the script or this is like, this is off script, this is real, this isn't this is happening, and he's crying and he's embraced Paul Hayman, the guy that he you know, he was always with him in his career, and he retired and they treated him like he was retired, and they they moved him to you know, to the alumni section and everything, and then I think behind the scenes they probably slit him a little bit more cash or something because they know that's he's they're coming to Minnesota. Yeah, they want to have a big attraction here and possibly have his retirement here just you know, give him a ceremonious ending. So he came back out of retirement already and wrestled this guy over in Italy, the same guy. And then the rumor is they're going to have a third match that Summer Slam here in Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: Are you going? Yeah, I'm gonna try. Man, It's it's real.
Speaker 9: It's a real expensive ticket to get in, and it's two nights now, but yes, two nights. They've changed a lot of their a lot of their events to be two night things, and so I really really want to go though. It looks like it's going to be a ton of fun. Even if you don't watch pro wrestling, it's so much fun to see.
Speaker 2: In real guess made me interested yesterday, So a compliment to you guys. I had no idea what the hell you were talking about, but I was interested.
Speaker 1: Those tickets are available for everyone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Charlie will take you.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, it's not real, come on, man, fake. The Minnesota Twins beat the Rockies three to two. So the Twins four and a half games back of the Chicago White Sox and the Cleveland Guardians in the Division. Four and a half back. They are just two back of the wild card. And I mentioned earlier twelve games to go before the All Star breaks.
Speaker 1: Eventually, going the hovering score.
Speaker 5: They're hovering, they are hovering, and uh, let's see here. Friday would have been one of the worst losses Man Twins history.
Speaker 7: It was insane and the thing that is going to keep them. What happened, Well, they were up seeven nothing and they gave up eight runs in the final two winnings and needed a bottom of the ninth run in a bottom of the tenth run to win the game against the worst team in base.
Speaker 1: Their bullpen is just so bad.
Speaker 7: But they take two or three, so you know, they get to play Houston Astros tonight, who have.
Speaker 1: Wow Peter Lambert pitching.
Speaker 7: So yeah, you know, if they add, they got to add to the bullpen. But I think they're gonna get blown away by a trade for Joe Ryan, especially if Scoogle doesn't get traded. So we'll see, man, But good for them. The manager is outstanding. I love the manager. The players are great. The pull ads are trash. Talk about it almost to destroy you.
Speaker 1: Why did you say that I almost blew that lead in front of Luda? You can they throws up been trying.
Speaker 6: Well, that was Luda.
Speaker 1: It was awesome, man, it was. It was a lot of ye he actually did like a whole hour set.
Speaker 9: It was like a full set basically the same same thing that we sought to stay fair a couple of years ago.
Speaker 5: What percentage or how many thousands of people do you believe stuck around for the Ludas show.
Speaker 9: It was almost the whole crowd. I mean they're playing the Colorado Rockies soon, right, yes, So like it was almost the whole crowd was there.
Speaker 7: And you could see as the game went on, the crowd got more and more because people are like, we're going like the seventh Indian so we can go to see Luda.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, the news in a second. Ben Lieber will join shortly. This is the Power Trip Morning Joe on the Fan from the one