Speaker 1: All right, it's Mojo in the morning show.
Speaker 2: So Shannon had a new mom's new friend, moms, mom's friends.
Speaker 3: You don't know where you're going with the studio she had.
Speaker 2: She had a date day with her new friends. Okay, well, so your kids changed school, right, So Lucy changed.
Speaker 4: Schools and I this year, and I am trying really hard to get to know, uh, some of the moms of the girls and the boys, but mostly the girls that Lucy has become close with, because I really don't know anybody. And well, think thank you. I mean, you know how hard it is. Josiah changed school this year too, You don't you're thank you? That't but there it is important to me. And some of the moms are really cool. I really really like them. And there's one mom in particular that I'm I'm trying to get to know better and spend some time with. And so she recently invited myself and Lucy to see a movie this past weekend, and there were going to be a few other girls from Lou's school there, and then I think there I had heard and there were there were gonna be a few boys that were meeting up at this movie as well, and so she's like, Oh, I think it would be fun. You know, we'll just kind of keep an eye on everybody and we can meet up at Starbucks with the girls beforehand. And I thought, perfect, this is a perfect opportunity to like hang with her, get a coffee, and then see the movie and you know, do whatever afterwards. Well, this kind of backfired on me. Love this mom, and this has nothing to do with the mom. She's totally cool. I failed to realize that the movie she chose was Avatar, Good One, Fire, and Ash.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: I sit down for this movie, and I was aware that it was a longer movie.
Speaker 3: I did not know it was three and a half hours long.
Speaker 4: And also, as the movie starts, I'm going, wait, a second are there? I remember seeing the first Avatar movie. I didn't know there was a second one.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So the movie starts and it just picks right up, and I'm like, wait, wait, I don't know who any of these people are. And I start to panic because I'm like, I am stuck here for three and a half hours.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the heck is going on.
Speaker 4: And then I'm thinking, oh God, oh god, I'm gonna fall asleep. I'm trying to make friends with this woman sitting next to me. I'm the ugliest sleeper on the face of planet Earth.
Speaker 3: This is going to be.
Speaker 4: Bad, but I made it through the movie. The movie was actually kind of interesting. I could kind of follow, but it was it was I tried way too hard to make friend. It was the longest three and a half hours of my life.
Speaker 2: Can I change topic for one second, because I know we're gonna talk about the movie. I didn't realize that Lucy and her girlfriends but also boys were going to be there too.
Speaker 3: Is the reason why her dad knows about this if he's hearing.
Speaker 2: Is one reason why the moms went is to chaperone, yes, and make sure that the boys.
Speaker 1: Look. This reminds me of this is going back middle school.
Speaker 4: Now, okay, this is middle school. This is sixth grade. So there were four let me think, four girls and four boys, and there was there were two mins boy moms that went as well. Okay, and we also, I am not going to drop off my eleven year old at a movie theater. If you do, there is no judgment. I just know there were going to be other people there, Like I wasn't gonna do that with her.
Speaker 1: You know you know who this is.
Speaker 2: By the way, this is lynn Evertowski for me because the first movie I ever went to with a girl was Lynn ever Toowski.
Speaker 4: Well, let me tell you how the seating went.
Speaker 3: This was so funny.
Speaker 4: So the moms sat in the row, we sat in row F, the kids sat in row E, and it was the four boys a seat of coats and the four girls.
Speaker 2: Wait, they didn't even sit next to each other. No, do the boys and the girls like each other? Like do they have do you know if there's any kind of like?
Speaker 3: I think they're all friends. I know she would kill me if I said this. I know. The boy Lucy likes was not there. He was supposed to be there, but he was not there. He was on vacation.
Speaker 2: Still, damn it. Yeah, so this is is interesting. Was she happy that you were going to be probably.
Speaker 1: Because was there.
Speaker 3: I had to ask her, like, is it cool that I go? And I think she was on the She was like yeah.
Speaker 4: But then when I came out of my room, she was like, is that what you're wearing?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Wait, what were you wearing?
Speaker 3: A sweater and jeans?
Speaker 1: Oh? What did she want you to wear?
Speaker 3: No? I think she was just like.
Speaker 4: You know, she thought you were She's way too cool for me, really, but I'm going to a movie.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to dress up to be relaxed.
Speaker 3: So she's like, I didn't wear my pajama, Like literally my pajama.
Speaker 2: Do you remember going You remember when you were a kid going to like a teenager going to uh.
Speaker 3: So Star Star Star.
Speaker 2: So the craziest with what you're doing right now, with going there and doing it. We never had the parents stay in the movie with us. It was the parents would go see another movie that was running at the same time and just be in the movie because we were too embarrassed about the parents being there. So when I went and went to the movie with Lynn Evertowski, it was my sisters went to the movie that was next door, and I think Lynn Evertowski's dad.
Speaker 1: Went to the movie next door, so they were all in the well.
Speaker 4: I actually ran into Lydia imagine, and Lydia was going to see The Housemaid, which I really really want to see, And once I realized that Avatar was three and a half hours long, I was like, please.
Speaker 3: Take me with you. But it was fun.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, I eleven, I don't know. Maybe I'm being two year protective.
Speaker 1: Guys weren't sitting behind them in row.
Speaker 2: F you think that the boys and the girls would have gotten closer together.
Speaker 5: It's still that week, still that awkward phase.
Speaker 4: Of middle school which I remember in sixth grade there were dances and the girls were on one side of the gym and the boys were on the other side of the gym. It's still there when it starts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it better be wealth.
Speaker 2: Where is your first boy girl outing or girl girl outing whatever it is?
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 5: Probably the movie theaters or the mall. Like we would go to the mall a lot and just want to walk around and go to the food court. And yes, I had an older sister, so she always got to take me. She was like five years older, which was way better than my mom. No disrespect mom.
Speaker 1: No, it's true though you want it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your sister's cooler, right, Yeah, unless there's Kevin as the boy and he's now hot for your sister.
Speaker 4: Speaking of like, let me tell you the pressure of trying to be cool for new mom friend and also try to be cool in front of my daughter's friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I am.
Speaker 4: Not necessarily the coolest person, so I think.
Speaker 2: That's funny though they I would think that they would think that you were really.
Speaker 1: Cool exactly, but I don't think I am Lydia. You didn't call Jim, did you the text or this textan?
Speaker 4: Of course I did?
Speaker 1: Or no? He said he doesn't feel comfortable.
Speaker 2: Two four eight says his first handy was in the theater. Was the first theater where the arm rests went up. Like some theaters, they used to be stationary. You weren't able to move them fair lane. You can move them up and down. All right, let's reminisce about the first boy girl outing that we had and asked that question. And then the other thing too, is because a lot of kids honestly never really out at that age to their parents. But the kids who got lucky were the kids that were gay and they could actually have the the boy boy sleepover, girl girls sleepover.
Speaker 1: You know, uh, let's you hate this as a mom? Don't you turned your topic?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't care. It makes me look less of a tryhard So.
Speaker 1: I thought you did great though. I thought that was that was good.
Speaker 2: You went to Avatar and stuff, and you probably bought a lot of stuff on your phone didn't you.
Speaker 4: I did not take my phone out the entire movie because you what, Wes had Smith, and so I was like, please God. And one of Smith's friends was at our house. I was like, please God, don't let them be, you know, crazy for him. But so i'd know, what the heck your.
Speaker 1: Phone out because you didn't want the other mom looking at you in a way. It's the movies I hate. There was a phone.
Speaker 4: There was a guy in front of the girls who was tiktoking the entire movie, and it was driving me nuts.
Speaker 3: That's all I could see was his phone.
Speaker 2: I thought, Lydia has falling asleep at the wheel, but she's not because she never does. She works her ass off. But these textures are great, but nobody's nobody's picking.
Speaker 3: Up everybody's at call.
Speaker 2: I want to hear the full stories. I'm going to read your text and I want you to please please call or answer your call. Try them all again. Two four eight says I won't go on the air, but my first experience was in the church Van Oh tell them we got a voice of Skuiser. I want to have them on the air with us because these are great ones. Uh three one three says my first kiss was at the Detroit Science Center on a fifth grade field trip.
Speaker 1: That's science, a little biology.
Speaker 2: Six one six says I'm a dad and I would never drop off my eleven year old at the theaters.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: I understand that, and actually Shannon gres the same way. Three one three says m JR. Save the Last Dance, that's my movie I learned. I have anxiety when my crush put his arm around me. Oh my god, that's line three. Hold on, we got style listener. Your name is Anna. Thank you Anna for picking up the call. We appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Good morning. Sorry, I was running my kid into school late.
Speaker 1: I get no, that's okay. So you went to MJR.
Speaker 6: Yes, that had does open and I think I was in fifth grade and we saw Save the Last Dance and my crush put his arm around me, and I had my first panic attack.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. So at that, at that moment, you realize it. Okay, I say the name of mine. You got to say the name of yours. Who was your first crush?
Speaker 6: Oh? His name was Ben Stewart. Such a good guy.
Speaker 7: Stewart?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Benji, Where's I wonder where Ben is nowadays? Do we know if Ben's married?
Speaker 6: I know X. He came into my work not too long ago. He has a longtime girlfriend. I think they just had their first baby within the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question. If you put his hand on your arm at your work, would you be okay with it?
Speaker 6: I mean, I give him a handshaker, a high five. Okay, I didn't have a panic attack anymore, that's good.
Speaker 2: In the movies, did you eventually settle in or did the panic attack last the entire face?
Speaker 6: Oh, the panic attack lasted the entire time, the entire time until I got in the car. My mom picked me up, and I liked him for a couple of months after that, and still continued to have panic attacks.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the call I appreciated. Some of these texts are wild, like that that boy south Park who threw up every time he seen me. These textures are wild.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I say these ones, but some of these are so good all right right, And this, by the way, would give me anxiety. Shannon, knowing that you have a daughter in middle school between between in middle school? Another one here, how do you say how do you say a term for the guy, the guys, the guy saying finger pop in Sunday School, in Sunday School, the lesson there.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, see that school girl. Oh my god, Lacey, are you there, Lacy. I'm here, Hi, Lacey.
Speaker 2: We're talking about middle middle school crushes turning what reminisce with us a little bit here.
Speaker 6: I remember going to see the first Cheaper bout a Dozen at Imagine Canton, and that was my first hand experience both ways, if that makes sense. Lucy.
Speaker 4: Lucy has a chaperone for every movie until my mom asked me after the movie.
Speaker 5: She's like, oh, how was it.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh, it was good. I had to watch the movie later because I was not taking attention.
Speaker 2: By the way, thank god, we're friends with Paul Glands over at the Imagine. We can have security make sure that people like that out of the theaters if our kids are there.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Love that.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second. Wait, the synagogue parking lot. Catherine, are you there, Catherine?
Speaker 1: Yes, Hi, I can't believe.
Speaker 7: You did this.
Speaker 1: That's craziness.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah, you did it in the synagogue parking lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a bunch of mold, so it's kind of a playground area, but they actually have it all roped down now.
Speaker 1: Probably are you a nice Jewish girl?
Speaker 6: No, I'm.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 2: It was just that you lived in an in a town that had a synagogue there, and you went to the synagogue parking lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was like right across the street from my house. Pretty much.
Speaker 1: How old are you were?
Speaker 2: You're going in there and you're doing bad things.
Speaker 5: I was eighteen, so she waited a while, So that's that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm a girl, I'm telling you watch out.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second here, Uh oh, come on, James, are you there.
Speaker 1: James, Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 1: What's going on? James? We're talking about your your first experience? Where was yours?
Speaker 7: To start theater? Watching the American Pie? That was my first experience of a reverse cowgirl?
Speaker 2: Which star this gotta be Fairlands.
Speaker 1: He starts south Field. Yeah wait, wait a second. Your first experience was reverse cowgirl?
Speaker 7: Yess like, you know, set on my lap, but you know.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, talk about a player here. This is unbelievable. Were sitting at the.
Speaker 7: At the top, were at the top.
Speaker 1: It was American Pie too. That's a great movie for that. Huh.
Speaker 2: Stiffler's mom and James all in the same movie, Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Hold on a second, Cheyenne, Hi friend, how's it going.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic, Cheyenne. We're talking about the first experience? Where was yours?
Speaker 6: Well? I gave a handy on the airplane on our way to Mexico for a missions trip.
Speaker 1: Joe, he's on your own, misic, there was?
Speaker 2: And where's the church leaders? Like, where's the where's everybody that's on the missions trip? Are they all sitting in the same row as you?
Speaker 1: Or where are that?
Speaker 6: Oh? No, they're like a head and there's you got a sweatshirt over the lap, you know you sort of like try to be discreet with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, church girls are always the ones that are the you know there. You can't sit there and think that this is all about the Lord. They're doing some other stuff there, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, got Jesus in us something else?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, craziness. What's okay? How you doing?
Speaker 6: Hello? Good morning?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 7: How are you good?
Speaker 6: So what am I seeing him? First experience?
Speaker 7: All that stuff?
Speaker 1: Wait, say the last time you what you saw somebody? Who'd you see?
Speaker 6: I said, last time I've seen my middle school crush, and my first experience is all wrapped into one. He was tied to a bit.
Speaker 1: In middle school. How old were you when you saw your middle school crush?
Speaker 6: I was fifteen, So your first time.
Speaker 1: You're fifteen years old, see him into adulthood. Adulthood also, okay.
Speaker 2: So you fooled around in middle school at fifteen, yes, then you guys, and then as an adult you saw him tied.
Speaker 6: To him and as we've seen him again.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then you tied him to the bed and then left him.
Speaker 3: Yes, why wait?
Speaker 1: And left him? He wanted one of those you know, extra person you know, yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: He wanted to bring an extra person into the relationship, and you were upset, so you just tied him up and left him there.
Speaker 6: He never had a three way. He wanted three ways. Me and her said okay, but.
Speaker 1: Then tied him up and left him. Oh my god, what was his name? What was his name? I want to know?
Speaker 6: Jason?
Speaker 1: Jason, j Hello, Jason? Is he still tied to the bat?
Speaker 2: These are craziness? Wow, Oh my god, Dabo is a dirty boy. Dao, Dabo. You your first experience was in her mom's car.
Speaker 7: While driving while he was driving.
Speaker 2: I got a dump it. Wait a second, so don't swear. But you're in you're in her mom's car. Her mom's driving, and what happens.
Speaker 7: Yes, she's driving. We're in the bag seat, and I'm my fingers are I.
Speaker 1: Know, you don't have to get too draphic. I don't want to hear so you so you so you did some hand things, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, threw up a little couple of signs here and there, and her mar her mom is looking in the rear view. We're just looking out the window, just you.
Speaker 1: Know, we pretending like you're looking at the trees.
Speaker 7: Raising exactly, watching the traffic, gout, go.
Speaker 2: Buy and and so this mom is trusting you guys enough to let you sit in the back seat. See that's a big thing. If you're a parent, you make one in the front, one in the back. You don't let them sit in the same row. Right, What what kind of the car was? What kind of car was it?
Speaker 7: And I cannot remember was That's a good question.
Speaker 2: Either this girl had the most amazing poker face in the world or her mom is just the dumbest person. How do you not know that's happened in the backseat? You're I think you're thinking that she's just smiling and happy. You know what I mean, You're just happy. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: So if if your debos.
Speaker 2: Uh, shout her out day Boat Daughters first, Hey man.
Speaker 7: Shout out to dais Man my high schools.
Speaker 1: We hurt, we love you, the piece of