Speaker 1: Now your host Ken Brew on news radio seven hundred WL Jumbies.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is Saturday, and it is you and me just as we like it. This is a countdown to UC football in the regular season finale at two thirty. You see at TCU it has not gone the way that you see has wanted this year.
Speaker 3: But nevertheless, a.
Speaker 2: Win today against TCU eight wins and that may mean a better bowl bid for them than one of the bowl bids that may go to a seven win team. So there's a little bit on the line today. You see as a slight underdog in this game. As I said, all the play by play coming up beginning at two thirty today on seven hundred W wel W. Of course, in Columbus, we're just minutes away from I shouldn't say Columbus, which it wasn't Columbus. In ann Arbor, we are just minutes away from the kickoff.
Speaker 3: Of the game.
Speaker 2: The game Michikin is hosting Ohio State. Ohio State going for that unbeaten regular season, that number one seed in the College Football playoff. But it's Michigan and it's always a turn in the side for Ohio State. Last year it was for Ryan Day. Somebody asked him this week, you know, coaching in these games, it's got to be fun, right, Like I say, fun is kicking ass, and that's what we want to do on Saturday.
Speaker 4: So we're preparing to do that. And that's it. Like there's nothing funny about this at all. But the fun part is winning. So we'll save the fun for being in the locker room and celebrating after the game.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see if it gets that far. For Ohio State.
Speaker 2: They are about a nine nine and a half point favorite in this road game at ann Ardor. Keeping our eye on that and a lot of other things today and certainly what goes on in the world and in particular the United States and in particular the Trump administration. Donald Trump came into office in January, and he promised that he would attack the economy and make it more affordable for you and me. And in some instances he has. Price of eggs they've gone down, I mean, the staples of groceries have gone down. Other things remain inflated. The price of beef has continued to escalate. So there's good and bad when you go to the grocery store. When you go to the gas pump. It is not the inflated prices we saw when Joe Biden was in office. Gasoline is now coming down to the mid two dollars range, and in some places around the trist did it's even lower than that. But the GOP has kind of lost its way. There was the ill advised lawsuits against James Comy and Letitia James. James and Comie are still within legal jeopardy for the crimes they allegedly committed, but nevertheless it looked like it was a sham kind of prosecution with a prosecutor that was helicoptered in at the last minute before charges against Comy could be filed. The time clock on what he did was running out. And now it seems like as the federal government regroups, a lot of people are standing there thinking about, well, what did we just do?
Speaker 3: Not the least of which is Pam BONDI.
Speaker 2: Isn't the main focus in any off of your election, which is coming up in less than one year. Isn't the main focus supposed to be on the economy. We're not at war anywhere, although stand by for Venezuela. We're not at war anywhere. The economy is what should being attacked and not necessarily political enemies are people that have done the president wrong in years past. Standing by the way, it is one of the sounder voices in politics. Someone who's not given to hyperbole, not given to overstatements. Somebody that served our country in the United States Congress for several terms, knew where money went, how it should be spent, and then got tired of Washington, came back home, and he's working for a lot of causes up in the northeastern part of Ohio. Good guest of our program, and that, of course, is former US Congressman Jim Ornacy.
Speaker 3: Jim, how are you on this glorious Saturday.
Speaker 5: I'm doing well, Ken, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well as well. And it's always good to hear your voice.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So these cases against Jim Comey, former FBI director, and Leticia James, the current attorney general from the state of New York, tossed out of court. The Trump administration had filed what would seem to be kind of shaky of prosecutions against both of them. The judge was a Clinton appointed judge, and the person that was in charge of prosecuting these cases for the federal government was somebody that would appear to have been helicoptered in at the last moment. He basically ordered Pam Bondy to do this on an Internet post, on a truth social post. And the minute I saw, I thought, wait a minute. So he's ordering a legitimate attorney general to file charges that at the very least seems shaky, and he's doing it in a public setting, and I just I think he put her in a bad position as well.
Speaker 6: Well he did.
Speaker 5: And again, remember because there's some now talking well they're going to come back and foul. They can't come back and foul against comany. The statue's limitations has run out. But that's why they hurried up and fouled. I think it was within twenty four hours of the statue of limitations running out. So this is all bad theater. It looks bad for the president. And it's one of the reasons why I keep saying if you look at the polling, and I will say, Republicans are standing with President Trump. I saw polling this week that showed he's an eighty seven percent with Republicans today and that's what he was in November. But the independence they have deathly walked away from him big time. They are now down to twenty seven percent. They were almost seventy percent back in November last year. And that's what's really going to heart hurt the Republican Party. And then I must admit, I mean the calling of the reporter Piggy on the airplane is now turning women against him. This is all not good for the Republican Party coming up in the midtmbes.
Speaker 2: I think the Republicans have lost their way, to be honest with you. James Carvill, who was anything but a Republican, said back in the nineties when he got President Clinton elected, it's the economy, stupid, and that's what this is. Look, if you're invested in the market, you're doing pretty good. Market is doing well, but a vast majority of the American people are not invested in the market, and so on main street it's a little bit better, but it's not much better. I don't think the mainstream media helps. They're not telling some of the good stories that are going on. Price of gasoline falling all over the country, and the fact of the matter is, although not down to where anyone would like it, the price of groceries have fallen since since Trump took office. But it's not happening as quickly as people thought it would be. And so now we're hearing affordability. That's the message, that's the that's the buzzword now really from both parties. But I think the I think the Republicans, Jim have got to drill down, double down, and just over sell what they're doing from an affordability and an economic standpoint, and then keep working at it, because at the end of it, if you're at peace, that's what's going to get you elected in any election, is affordability and how much things cost. And I think they've kind of dropped the ball on this, don't you.
Speaker 5: Well I do, But I also would tell you that, look, gas is coming down. The one thing about gas prices, they usually they go up when the economy's booming. They come down when the economy's starting to falter. So the decline in gas prices is not a good sign, even though it's a good sign for someone paying for gasoline. But the problem is food prices they have not come down. And you look at beef. We got a serious issue there with costs. Now we got President Trump going to bring in Argentine beef, which is also I read this morning, are going to make many of the farmers in this country mad because now they're competing with Argentina beef, which is going to drive prices down. They're already struggling because of these tariffs. So I think in the end, Republicans exactly right, need to find a message that they can hang their hat on and move forward on, because right now they afforded the ability issue. For let's say that if you're above a certain class of income, you're doing pretty well, and if you're below a certain class of income, you're doing okay, because Medicare, Medicaid is still pushing. It's the middle class. It's that middle of the person who's working forty hours a week and can't make ends meet. Those are the people who are going to make the Republican Party pay if they don't see if it doesn't look like they are making ends meet come next November.
Speaker 2: All right, much to your disliking, I want to put you back in Washington, DC, just for a moment, and put you back in Congress. No, it's the last place you want to be. Well, what would Let's just say you're there and you're a Republican and your party is in the majority barely in the House. You know, what kind of house do about things like affordability? Does it all fall on Trump? Is there anything that somebody that might have some gravitas that would run, you know, ways and means whatever it may be to get the country back on the affordability track. Everybody seems to want to blame Trump because he's the guys sit at the top of the mountain. But what can be done legislatively that might address some of these things.
Speaker 5: Well, the sad thing is if you really want to start, especially in the House and Senate, starting to look at affordability, You're going to have to take on some of President Trump's positions. And that's the problem. Right now we have a Speaker, Mike Johnson, who is tied one hundred percent of the hip.
Speaker 7: I hate to say it, but you know, the House and the.
Speaker 5: Senate are supposed to be standalone bodies that represent the people that elected them, and today we.
Speaker 7: Have a House and the Senate. Especially in the House, you have.
Speaker 5: A speaker who basically is taking the position that I am not going to go against Trump. He helped me get elected, he got me the speakership, and we're not going to do anything to go against him. It's one of the reasons why you're seeing so many discharge petitions.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: Many of your listeners might not know what a discharge petition is, but when the members of the House, when the speaker is not allowing their bills to come forward, you put them out as a discharge petition you have Once you get two hundred and eighteen members to sign the petition, it has to be voted on. And that's what happened on the Epstein bows that was a discharge petition. But there's also other discharge petitions now being lined up. When it comes to healthcare, this is a big issue. I'll tell you if the Democrats have done one thing good in the last four months, because they've done a lot of bad things as well. But the one good thing is they have centered on healthcare. Have said that we need to help the individuals who can't afford healthcare, and we need to come up with a plan. And they're not talking about while Obamacare is a bad plan, they're not saying that. They're just saying, hey, we need to come up with the plan and we need to extend subsidies, and we need to make sure people can afford their health care and pay for the healthcare. That is a great message and Republicans need to come up with a response to that sooner than later.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a messaging problem. First of all, you have to oversell your message. Your message has to work, but you have to oversell it because the mainstream media, you know, always defaults to the Democrat side of the argument. But if you coming up with a message would fall to who would that fall to?
Speaker 3: Johnson?
Speaker 2: Who would it fall to to come up with a message and then implementing that message?
Speaker 5: Well Johnson? Yeah, yeah, normally what happened. Look, I served under Bayinner, served under Paul Ryan. They both served under Banner under Obama, Paul Ryan under Trump. But we also basically our message was coordinated but different when needed. The best example is we were not supportive of tariffs, even though Trump was supportive of tarifs from twenty sixteen to twenty twenty, and we made that clear that we weren't supportive of tariffs. It's not a Republican issue. It's a hidden tax. It's a problem. The House isn't doing that right now. The House is basically just say staying quiet on tarifs, even though when you look at Republican values and principles, they do not support tariff. So there's a perfect example where the House can take a position different different from President Trump and coordinate things going forward. But what we have right now is the House and Senate that is totally willing to challenge Donald Trump. President Trump, and I think that's one of the reasons Marjorie Taylor Green finally stepped away, which was shocking in itself, one of the greatest supporters of President Trump, but she's stepping away as well.
Speaker 2: Jim and Acy, former Ohio Congressman, our guest here on seven hundred w welw okay. We're less than a year I'm sorry away from the midterms. In your opinion, Can the Republicans get their act together and get that messaging out attack of affordability and keep control of the House, Because you and I both know, Jim, if the Democrats get control of the House, the first order of business won't be affordability. It won't be healthcare. It'll be impeached Donald Trump. They'll find something and he'll get impeached, and it will consume this country. For the rest of his presidency. So can the Republicans get their act together in time?
Speaker 5: Well, one thing I always say can about elections is there always one or lost in the last sixty days. So absolutely, there is plenty of time. The problem is they can't let themselves get dug too deep in a hole, staying out of office and not coming back. Speaker Johnson not bringing the House back for almost fifty or sixty days, I think that was a mistake that put them deeper in the hole. They're going to have to do some things between now and November to convince the American people that we should not replace the Republican majority with the Democrat majority. Now, I will also tell you that normally the midterm after a president election, after a new president is elected, is usually an absolute disaster for the party in power. Go back to twenty eighteen. We lost the House two years after President Trump was elected. The first time we lost the House, we lost the Senate, we lost governor seats across the country. It becomes is a issue in an uphill battle that we will have to face again.
Speaker 6: In twenty twenty six.
Speaker 5: Not impossible, but I think we're already starting in a hole. Because it's a two year cycle after President Trump's been elected.
Speaker 3: People.
Speaker 5: The one thing I really do hate about our process.
Speaker 6: I love our process.
Speaker 5: It's the greatest in the world, but we do punish the people in power, and sometimes we don't give them enough time to correct things that they're doing wrong. And I am concerned that the Republican Party has an uphill, automatic uphill challenge come November of next year, but not an impossible challenge.
Speaker 2: And this is why Mike Johnson needs to resign immediately and Jim ord Aci should be appointed Speaker of the House. You know that could happen, john I could be appointed Speaker of the House.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: You you know Washington, you probably get your old apartment back out there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what's funny you say that. The funny thing that I probably wouldn't survive very long to speak without either, because I would tell people they're not going home until we get something done, and then they would probably want to impeach me.
Speaker 2: Jimmer an Acy, it's always great hearing your voice. You stay well and we will visit down the road.
Speaker 7: Thanks, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Ken, You have a good day.
Speaker 2: You bet you too. Put them in No it is the economy stupid? And all of these other things are just nonsense. Your plates pull, Comey's going to walk. Can't do anything about it. It was just the way the lay of the land is. You might get James on something else, but focus on the economy. That's what gets you elected, that's what keeps the majority in the House. You lose the majority of the House, the impeachment nonsense will begin, and we will be right back to twenty eighteen again. It is twelve twenty five, it is Saturday afternoon. Michigan has taken a three to nothing lead on Ohio State in the early minutes of the first quarter. We'll keep you abreast to that and a lot more to get to next on seven hundred WLW on the show today as we cruise into this second half hour of the noon hour, twelve thirty seven on News Radio seven hundred WLW. Two National guardsmen were shot this week in Washington, DC. And there seems to be a problem in this country with people who have come here illegally, this time from Afghanistan, where there was no vetting. It's very difficult to vet goat farmers from the hills in Afghanistan because a lot of them don't have birth dates to begin with. There's no documentation. They all just have a year that they were born, and other information is kind of scarce. But over and above that, when they were extra douited from Afghanistan and dropped off in these pods around the world before they wound up in the United States, there should have been some face to face interviews and there were none. Another horrific failing of the Biden immigration policy, Well, there was no policy. Just let everybody in the country, we all know why they were doing it. And now we have the National Guard shooting at allegedly the hands of an Afghan that came to this country illegally, was allowed to stay here illegally. Asylum has really little to do with it. You can present yourself to the government and say, hey, look I'm at risk if I go home. Okay, you get asylum. I mean, the law is as simple as that. It's as simple as that. And then they just scatter into the countryside and who the hell knows where they go. Well, this guy drove from Washington State to Washington, DC to shoot two National guardsmen, and the Democrats are again at war with Ice. Christineome Is going to appear in a commercial this weekend asking people, if you want to be an ice agent here you call Well, of course, George Soros funded NGOs have their own commercial against it. I don't know why the Dems are lining up on this side of the equation other than they think that at some point, somehow, some way that these people are here illegally are going to get registered to vote and therefore will thank the Dems and therefore will vote democratic. Nevertheless, there are real tangible effects to you and me and everyone else, including these two poor guardsmen that was shot. One's dead and the other one is in critical condition. Michael Less from invest dot org is going to stop buying talk. And then the FBI is investigating the seditious six, those six nitwits that won and put a video together about basically telling people in uniform in this country you don't agree with something that the president, the commander in chieved, or maybe one of his department heads tells you, oh, I'll worry about it, just lay down your arms. So the FBI is involved. Now I hope someone is held accountable, at least one. It's actually one of those six that's running for president. See if that's affected anyway. That's on the show between now and when we break for U see football. You know I mentioned it was twelve thirty seven, but as you and I both know, it is five o'clock somewhere.
Speaker 3: One for you, one for me. Oooh, that tastes good. That's one for the ages, yestery or for the aged op top again you sega, Alan, we'll drink it.
Speaker 1: I've just got time for one more round.
Speaker 3: Set them up, my friend.
Speaker 8: Then what happens, then I'll be gone and you can let some other.
Speaker 3: Booh sit down keep the chair of one until then.
Speaker 2: Uh TCU is the venue for U see that's coming up. The broadcast begins at two thirty. The game begins at three thirty. This is a very big game. Here is Brendan soaresby the you see quarterback on that.
Speaker 9: You know we've been preaching all week inting four looks a lot better than seven and five.
Speaker 6: So it's kind of a.
Speaker 9: No crap statement, But you know, we know what's at stake, and we also just know there's limited opportunities that the guys in this locker room.
Speaker 3: I said that Saturday night.
Speaker 9: You know you only play with with one team one time, you know, and you only have so many opportunities with them.
Speaker 3: So it's about playing for the.
Speaker 9: Guys in the locker room to finishing strong for them, especially our old heads.
Speaker 3: And you just never know in this world.
Speaker 9: So we just got to find a way to go out there and find a win for those guys and this staff and everybody that's pouring in the season.
Speaker 3: That's coming up later on.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, up in Michigan, it is six nothing Michigan on Ohio State. But the Buck guys, as they say in the old neighborhood, are fixing a score here.
Speaker 3: Will keep you apprized of that.
Speaker 2: If you are out shopping today, God bless you, it's probably a zoo at some of these malls and stores shop mom and pop today. That's what this is all about, Small business Saturday. But if times are tough for you financially, there are other ways to save money on holiday shopping this year. And with that we bring in Terrence Bradford, financial visionary educator, creative of A Check for Life, that's a television series that empowers every day Americans to build lifetime income streams and achieve financial freedom. This guy was also at one point in his life known as the Wall Street Rapper. Find out what that's all about. But here's a guy that can help you save some money. And we also want to point out that Dante King is going to join the show now. Dante King is somebody that I think is a guy that understands inside out how things work, how businesses are put together, and quite frankly, how all of us cannot only save money, but can also help us learn a bit about life. And that's all very important too, because quite frankly, if we don't learn enough about life, then my goodness, what does that tell us? So all of that is out there and for your consumption as we cruise on on this Saturday afternoon, one week one week from last night, it's the Crosstown Shootout and Xavier University wound up warmed up for the Crosstown Shootout last night by coming up with an eighty eight to sixty seven win over Texas A and M Corpus Christi. There were a lot of good stories here for Xavier last night, not the least of which was the six to nine forward brand new to the team, Philip barrovisan six' nine, forward and he came up with this line last. Night fifteen, Points i'm, sorry fifteen, rebounds ten points, played twenty seven. Minutes that's that's gonna be a full handle FOR uc when they meet on On friday. Night here Is Richard, patino not just on the win last, night but what his new found Forward philip Boro. Beachinen Boro beachinen came up. With, okay coach.
Speaker 8: Twenty six assists on thirty one made. Baskets that was certainly a, huge huge bright. Spot just proud of the way that we're, playing with the. Unselfishness we're giving up a shot to get a great. Shot you, Know philip battled his butt, off played a great. Game really proud of. Him so there's a lot of things we're doing very.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 8: Confidence it's just growing and growing and, growing and you, know.
Speaker 3: Handled our business.
Speaker 8: Tonight still got to get better on the defensive side of, it toughness, wise but certainly did a lot of great.
Speaker 3: Things, yes they. Did friday night is when they.
Speaker 2: Meet crosstown Shootout monday Against Saint francis is the next up For. Xavier that's at The Cintas center And monday at the Fifth third it's you see Against Tarlean state and then they. Regroup so all that's on the show between now and two, thirty college graduates now comprise twenty five percent of unemployed. Workers this is just out a new study By. Bloomberg one point nine Million americans aged twenty five and over with at least a bachelor's degree. Unemployed as Of, September Verizon communication is about to let go thirteen thousand. Employees it's shrinking its. Workforce so if you are just coming out of college or thinking about going to, college you might.
Speaker 3: Want to think.
Speaker 2: Again Dante king is a human resource management, consultant and he is standing by to join us to talk about this what's going on here with not just A, verizon But amazon And target And starbucks all letting people. Go Dante, king how are you on this Glorious.
Speaker 6: Saturday i'm doing.
Speaker 7: Great thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 3: On, Well i'm glad you're.
Speaker 2: Here, Now, look is this an impending blood baths for those that work in the white collar?
Speaker 10: INDUSTRY i don't think that we are in a blood bath just, yet BUT i would say that we are in an opening. ACT i think the indicators that we're seeing right now kind of is what THE us saw in prior labor transformation dating back to the industrial automation that occurred you, know the beginning of the nineteen sixties throughout the nineteen, eighties and then you have the outsourcing waves in the nineteen nineties through the twenty. TEN i think the difference now is the SPEED ai allows companies to shrink departments in weeks rather than, Years so we are not at the. PEAK i think we're entering WHAT i would call a multi year restructuring cycle where companies reassess every role FOR ai.
Speaker 2: Compatibility what jobs maybe, globally not, specifically but what jobs are most threatened at this point by artificial INTELLIGENCE.
Speaker 10: Ai so historically recessions hit blue collar works.
Speaker 6: FIRST i think this moment is.
Speaker 10: Different employers have discovered THE ai is more efficient and cheaper for many, administrative analytics and level professional.
Speaker 6: Tasks so companies.
Speaker 10: Are actively, asking you, know why pay for a full team WHEN ai can do thirty to sixty percent of their. Workloads so this is impacting areas such as, MARKETING hr and, recruiting finance and, accounting business, operations project, management things of that. Nature so it's not just eliminating, jobs but it's eliminating certain tasks that are aligned with certain, jobs which reduces the need for a full time.
Speaker 6: Staff.
Speaker 2: Yeah BUT i was always told me here If i'm, Wrong, dante that it's if it's garbage, in it's garbage. Out if it's high level, in it's high level. Out THIS ai, thing it's only as good as the information or the disciplines are that are injected into the.
Speaker 3: Process if they're not, good then the outcome is not.
Speaker 2: Good and the FEAR i think a lot of people, have other than maybe they're going to lose their, job is that there's some, wizard like in The wizard Of oz sitting behind a curtain just programming all of this stuff INTO, ai and at the end what may come out is nothing more than a bunch of garbage and some sort of bias that that particular person or those particular people may have at the inception of the of the. Process is that too draconian or is there something to?
Speaker 10: That, NO i think you're, right AND i think it will disprofessionally attack black and brown professionals who already face barrier in, recruitment, advancement and. Sponsorship they may experience higher displacement, rates longer periods of, unemployment et. Cetera because these tools often rely to your to your question on under on data sets that underrepresent certain types of, people so underrepresenting black, professionals which may reinforce discriminatory hiring patterns over value in some, instances white coated communication, styles writing, patterns and. Backgrounds because it depends on what the tools are programmed. With technology is not, neutral and without guard, RAILS ai will accelerate racial inequality in the labor market and other types of inequality.
Speaker 2: Potentially see and that's and that's and that's my. Point that's that's where are the guardrails on all of? This who's writing heard on all of? This it doesn't seem like there's. Anybody it's like the great. Unknown it's like it's, like you know How apple will sell you storage cloud, space it's in the. Cloud, well where's the? Cloud who the hell is watching the? Club where is the? Cloud it's something like you can't put your hands On it doesn't seem. Tangible so who's writing her all this stuff that may be discriminatory in terms of people from a racial, standpoint or maybe discriminator discriminatory on other levels as. WELL i don't sense anybody's writing her on any of, this do you.
Speaker 10: For historically it would be, regulation it could be the, government you, know because YOU i think it's important to, understand like you cannot outstore humanity and so you, know companies and teams still need, leaders culture creators and ethical decision. Makers and so if you've got technology producing decisions that are particilarly, discriminatory that that's.
Speaker 6: Just going to be bad on on off.
Speaker 8: Side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No i'm a hundred sent with, You dante on, that one hundred percent with, you all, Right so LET'S i, mean that's that's an issue the most the MOST i guess the most current issue right now is we've got one in four people with college degrees that comprise one quarter of the total unemployment number in our, country about two Million americans aged twenty five and over with at least a bachelor. Degree we're underemployed or, UNEMPLOYED i should say In. September so what does that tell you about? College you, know The american? Dream The american dream, Was, oh you, know Here's. Dante dante's a smart. Guy dante's got to go to. College he's got to get a, Degree he's got to go to, work he's got to earn a, living he's got to get a great. JOB i, mean every single, parent regardless of where you, lived was telling their kids that up until five minutes. Ago so should we now be telling our kids who might be, thirteen fourteen years. Old you, know you may want to rethink this college thing because at the end of that journey you may not be making any. Money maybe we think about something else to go. Into is it time to start having conversations with parents so they can have conversations with their kids about.
Speaker 10: THIS i think, So AND i think that question that we're going to need a new tagline to sell education in this, country because you're, right just having a degree a loan does not promise or guarantee anyone that they will be able to take advantage of. OPPORTUNITY i would also say that there will need to be a focus on and an emphasis on areas like strategic decision, making, leadership more human centered skills or skill, sets interpersonal conflict, management creativity and, innovation, ethics compliance and human, overtight so things that are specialized and. Needed but you, know just going to school and, deciding oh this is my, PASSION i want to enter into an industry of building skills set around something that is either outdated or won't yield a return that fits. Me you have to at this moment in, time people have to really make a tough decision and thoughtful decisions about where they want to which direction they want to.
Speaker 3: Go you know who are not out of?
Speaker 2: Work people that are, electricians hvac, folks. Plumbers try bringing a plumber out to your house when you really need, one and see how much it's going to cost. YOU i, mean those skill sets are the ones that always seem to be in. Demand AND i suppose there was a time in this country where, oh he can't go to college or she can't go to, college so you should find a trade or go quote unquote work with your. Hands, well guess who's getting the last laugh on all of. That it's the people that work in those trades and know a skill and can provide some thing that, you me and everybody else. NEEDS i think this is a going to be a real resurgence for those that run trade schools and those who think that they can go into those schools and learn a. Skill If i'm a high school guidance Counselor Dante that's What i'm telling my kids that come to me at ages, thirteen, fourteen and fifteen about what they're going to do with their, lives that better start ramping up a little, bit don't you.
Speaker 6: AGREE i think that's great. ADVICE i think that's great.
Speaker 10: Advice we saw someone of a collapse in the, trades or we've seen some of a collapse in the trades over the last twenty thirty forty. Years you, know people had not been entering in those areas for quite some, time not not you, know recruitment wasn't.
Speaker 6: High SO i agree with.
Speaker 10: You there are you, know governmental programs that are available where various cities and counties bring in interns and they will provide those types of. TRAININGS i myself worked previously at The city And county Of San. FRANCISCO i was preview the program that they operated that they had and offered to local. Communities SO i agree with, you AND i think that is at our proper guidance at this.
Speaker 3: Point Dante.
Speaker 2: King so when we go to At Dante king twenty twenty On twitter or find you On facebook dot com Slash Dante King, official what do we?
Speaker 3: Find what are we?
Speaker 2: Getting what are we getting these pearls of wisdom from, You, Dante, well.
Speaker 10: You'll get some of these pros of wisdom and other pros of. WISDOM i have author to books on kind of the evolution and concepts of race and racism and how they functioned in this country historically into the. Present so if you go To Dante king dot, com you can find a lot of my work, There.
Speaker 2: Dante king dot, com all of your, work AND i would imagine some other information about you and about what we're talking, about good. STUFF i would guess that as this, progresses more and more people will be coming to you for more and more advice and stay. Well yours is a voice we need to. Hear thank you for your time on this, Day Dante, king and hopefully we can visit down the.
Speaker 6: Road thank, You, KEN i appreciate. You you. Bet.
Speaker 2: Yeah if you're if you've got a college aged kid coming out of high, school you need to rethink whether or not that college degree is going to be as valuable as learning a trade and making money. Immediately real dilemma for some. Parents it is twelve fifty Seven News radio seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 1: Wlw your Host Ken brew On News radio seven HUNDRED wlw this Past wednesday And WASHINGTON, tc.
Speaker 2: Two guardsmen on, patrol Two national guardsmen on patrol was shot ambushed allegedly by An afghan that was allowed into this country illegally by The body administration during the airlift after the embarrassing retreat by The United states back in twenty twenty. One, allegedly this gunment traveled From washington From Washington state To, washington D. C and basically assassinated these two people that were trying to keep the, peace particularly in this holiday weekend In, washington D. C and one of those two, Guardsmen Sarah, beckstrom died as a result of her. Wounds the other is still in the hospital fighting for his. Life and, again we talk a lot about illegal immigration and how it is yet to show the full force of what the ramifications. Are but this is a reminder of what happened as The biden administration let in unvetted people and now have people that are not in this country legally running amok all over the, place waiting for or wanting to do god knows. What AND i thought it'd be a good idea to Get Michael. Letson he is with a group called he leads a group called invest dot. Org gets stated mission is to raise money, for among other, things bulletproof vests for every single person in uniform serving this. Nation and it's great to be able to touch base with them. Again And, michael how are you on this Glorious.
Speaker 11: Saturday can appreciate the opportunity so much to be with. You and, yes we honor the service, unit Specially saray who lost her life On Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: DAY i can't tell you how UPSET i am about, this And i'm trying to temper my words as much as, Possible but these are two people that could have very easily been with.
Speaker 3: Family from What i'm.
Speaker 2: Told Sarah beckstrom volunteered for this particular. Mission she was only In National guard uniform for a scant number of, days and she, said, Look i'll take the night Before. Thanksgiving other, families other guardsmen may want to spend the day with their. Family i'll serve for someone else as well as my. Country and she was gunned. Down she was gunned, down and it was a targeted. Assassination it was a small weapon. BASICALLY i, mean they allegedly and you got to keep saying that that this alleged gunman just walked right up and popped both of these people at a metro, station a subway station In, washington D. C we talk a lot about people that are coming into this country, unvetted AND i Think afghanistan to me stands, Out, michael because how do you vet a goat.
Speaker 3: Farmer in the hills Of.
Speaker 2: Afghanistan the vast majority of people in that country don't have a birth. Date from What i'm, told it's a birth, years so there's no there's no starting. Point and, then of course the people that would do the vetting inside of that country probably are as corrupt as the people that were coming over here on that airlift in twenty twenty. One it was a fool's game and a fool's, errand and unfortunately Now i'm afraid we're getting played as the.
Speaker 3: Fools can you comment on, that, Please, no you're exactly.
Speaker 11: Right let's take a look at what. Happened of, course we know that this, gentleman among many others, well came in under a program that buy pot together for supposedly bringing in and assisting those who have an assets or assisting. Us the problem is that those assets were playing under THE. Cia THE cia should have vetted, them and they didn't quite, frankly didn't vet hardly any of them at. All in, fact let's just be very realistic on this particular. Person he has AN id and he is IN, theism has an asset under THE. Cia but did THE cia vet or we're getting. PLAYED i thought About durga's hrs before he came, here but he assisting both The taliban and to quote, unquote you know how medium we've had let said they were supporting us and led us to. Ambushes you, know, SO i, MEAN i know THE cia knows the answer to that. Question it sounds like crickets right now coming from THE. Cia we're not getting that information AND i guarantee it will be buried and deleted as to continue to press. Forward the whole issue is very. Clear we did not vet anybody come across their contrary to the lies coming out of The biden administrations and their press secretary gen we have. Time they're just there and there is no ability to fully vet The what they could have, done, though is looked at the people who wanted to come and look at their performance and to see whether they were playing both. Sides vidiam had at this, Opportunities, vidiam.
Speaker 6: We're actually sent over.
Speaker 11: HERE i believe there are still in the sleeper sales all across the. Country poise they're ready to Attack.
Speaker 6: Adam on them.
Speaker 11: Almost notice that's what we're facing against.
Speaker 2: NOW i don't doubt that there's a story That i'm raising here that A Bronze star recipient by the name Of Mark lucas has detailed how THE us Military's afghan, allies the people that were allegedly working side by side with, us were quote unquote, untrustworthy perpetrated barbaric cultures of pedophilia and abusing.
Speaker 3: Women he gave that interview just this.
Speaker 2: Week and you, KNOW i don't put it beyond this country and some of the agents that work for THE cia to use anything that they think may bring back information that they would think would be beneficial to those who they answer. To and so when you're dealing with that kind of an, element you have to expect that the kind of an element may come back at you at some. Point and so here we were In august of twenty twenty one with those planes rolling down the, tarmac and he's saying they were just throwing people in. Airplanes they weren't vetting. Anybody everybody there were nine Thousand afghans were working side by side with. Us well, great, well who were they besides working side by side with us for, five, six seven months a, year whatever it may. Be it just it strikes, Me, michael and you just touched on. It we don't know who any of these people are that were airlifted into this, country and any of these people are that just storm the southern.
Speaker 3: Border where they, are what they're up, to why they're.
Speaker 2: Here AND i don't think That trump and his administration can address this to any great significant means in the next three, years do?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 6: Yes and?
Speaker 11: No let me tell you the position that we were talking about in the. Administration. NOW i think it's signed to reverse policies and everyone on the cant should be deported period and we're going to deport you and that's.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 2: Yeah but But, michael you well know that standing in the way of that philosophy is some liberal judge somewhere that is going.
Speaker 11: To, say, yeah you hit the nail on the.
Speaker 6: Head but you, know.
Speaker 11: Here's where we'd have to come full circle of this.
Speaker 6: Country who's running the.
Speaker 11: Country is it the activist liberal judges who are not elected by, us by the, way or is it our commander in, chief the president of The United. States that's a question that has now come to a head that has to be. RESOLVED i, agree you can't continue to kick this can down down the road any longer.
Speaker 2: Some knitwit judge in a black robe sitting in some god forsaken district Anywhere Rhode, Island, Massachusetts, washington D. C that thinks they run this country and that somebody that has to smack them down is The Supreme, Court and just say enough of this. Nonsense This court is growing weary of these district judges thinking that they not only run the, country but they are the complete enforces of every law that are on the, books or they imagine are on the. Books AND i don't sense that coming out of The Supreme, court do.
Speaker 11: You, no not at. All The Supreme court gave you a little feel good rually told their people, done don't do it.
Speaker 6: Anymore and what?
Speaker 11: Happened they turned out all did it again next. Day did The Supreme court do anything after?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 11: Nope absolutely.
Speaker 7: Not.
Speaker 3: Nope didn't do a damn.
Speaker 11: Thing, No and they're almost helpless to do. So and here's one of the things that people don't Under it just came about with the, president and people have not. Understood course made free media is not seeing a worry about, it but the significance the president is looking at canceling ninety two percent of the executive orders and everything that were done under The biden administration because they were done by autopin and because of the fact that guide open requires presidence and the presidence of mind to do, so they, said, well what's that guy to? Do this, conversation you realize a lot of these, judges the judges were appointed in that process and so their apartments were immediately, determinated including our Newest Supreme court justice. Member but now you talk about really ready In, kaine that's going to do. It but here's WHAT i want The american people to. Understand if you're scared of Raising, kine they just.
Speaker 6: Go ahead's the rid of the white. Flag we will not.
Speaker 11: Win this war unless we fight, back to fight back.
Speaker 2: Aggressively, yeah you, know and the left is making a big deal about, well you Know. Biden you, know he might have come in under The biden, administration but The trump administration granted him Asylum, michael you can go to any immigration office in this country and SAY i don't want to go back to my. COUNTRY i feel threatened back. There IF i go back, THERE i THINK i might be. Killed, okay you got. Asylum they have no. Choice that's that's the law in the. Book they have no.
Speaker 3: Choice it is.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 11: Uh, oh it is time that we have realizing the loss of. Life who one very possibly the other day is still. Fighting you know, TODAY i just got a brief a few minutes. Ago he's in very critical. Condition he is, fighting he's on the you, know to. Survive this is how they're going to. Repay are trying to Make americans. Safe, look, folks they're not just The afghanis and Some allians that we're UNDER h one AND b program In. Minnesota we need to be deporting millions back and we're going to need to vet you if you want to come, back you're going to be an asset to this country or you're not welcome.
Speaker 2: Here, WELL i know that he wants to block all immigration right, now and particularly third particularly immigration from third world. Countries but we need to get we need to get a handle it in this. Country and you, know it's a funny thing about. Crime you can be ideologically opposed to what something is going on inside The trump. Administration you can have all the ideology you want about he's, wrong he's, wrong but the minute that crime touches your, life you'd be a complete idiot not to, think, well wait a, minute maybe my ideology is. WRONG i, mean you're you and me and anyone else is just one fortuitous moment away from being touched by this. Stuff now that's not to scare. Anybody it's just, say we've got people in this country from sworn countries that are sworn enemies against The United. States how many military Aged chinese men entered this country through The Southern?
Speaker 6: War?
Speaker 2: Right and when was the last Time xijingping let anybody out of his country willingly without.
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Exactly but WE i, mean it's just it's just, Absurd and you, know we we have people THAT i don't think people are, Bad, MICHAEL i just think they're misguided AND i think that they're they're wrapped up in this ideology that in the long run is going to be just absolutely horrific for this. Country and we'll see If trump can can do what he wants to. DO i JUST i just don't held out any hope knowing the kind of judicial system we have because these NGOs they just run to the most liberal activist judge they can, find and then they file their lawsuit and then they, say all, right well we'll just see where it. Goes and if he gets held up on, appeal if he gets held up at The Supreme, court well we'll just flood The Supreme court with all this stuff and they won't be able to handle. Everything it's it's nauseating really the way it's it's degenerated in this.
Speaker 3: Country, legally.
Speaker 11: For military, tribunals we cannot the jutial system cannot handle what it.
Speaker 6: Has it is.
Speaker 11: Corrupt remember a tribunal cannot be utilized for civilians uns it as amount of national, security, FOLKS i don't know how much of a national.
Speaker 6: Security you can. Get much more you can get.
Speaker 11: When they're killing our own soldiers on our own.
Speaker 2: Streets, well he can't get he can't get judges, Approved he can't get as judges, approved largely because of The republicans in both houses The, senate WHICH i mean some of the laziest, people as you, know are are Senators republicans And democrats and The. House you, know even though he's got a slim majority in The house and a somewhat better majority in The, senate it's been. NEUTERED i, mean it's just the way we go out getting judges approved in this country is so. Laborious BUT I i JUST i just on, this on this. TOPIC i know WHAT i wanted to talk to you about something else completely, today but when, this when this popped, UP i JUST i got to Get michael on talking about.
Speaker 6: This.
Speaker 2: NOW i don't know if these people that were, Killed Sarah bestrom and the other, Guardsmen, ANDREW i don't know if they were wearing bulletproof. VESTS i hope they. Were maybe they. Weren't maybe it was a target that the vest did not. Stop but your sworn mission is to make sure that every single police officer has a bullet anybody serving in uniform in this country has a bullet proof. Vest and people in big stuff might, say, well oh, yeah our cops. Do, well maybe some of these smaller towns. Don't and SO i want to just one more time get that out, there BECAUSE i know you'll take any amount of donation. Anywhere it's a great time of the year for donating and if it's ten, bucks if it's if it's a, dollar if it's a thousand, dollars you'll take it at invest dot, org will you.
Speaker 6: Not there's no question about.
Speaker 11: That and we wanted we're going to do the next few weeks in honor of the, sacrifice supreme sacrifice played By, sarah and honor for memory and honor of the, family and to make sure this doesn't happen to any future not just, guards but any future law. Enforcement you remember how we talked about how this. Works were bringing in other active, military whether it's guard or active military. Troops they serve as security for the law. Enforce if they're not actually the force of the law, themselves you get too local to state whatever it is law, enforcement you drop them, in surround them with ten to twelve guards people or active, military and put them back on the street and you deal with. That you could multiply your teams exponentially that, way to multiply your. Assets you put them all over the city and look what happens if we have it IN, dc crime.
Speaker 6: Just, DROPS i mean hit rock. Bottom but they're fighting back.
Speaker 11: Now AND i think we've did honor and make sure they have The seria equipment to come home to their, family just like they didn't have on this tragic.
Speaker 3: Day invest dot.
Speaker 2: Org IT'S investusa dot, org, right that is, CORRECT investusa dot.
Speaker 6: Org.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Listen, michael it's always great catching up with. You you stay well and we'll visit down the. Road thank you for your time, today, Though.
Speaker 11: Thank You, God Bless, God Bless.
Speaker 3: America let's, Win, Okay Michael.
Speaker 2: Letts Alejandro mayorcis In november of twenty twenty, one remember, HIM dhs?
Speaker 3: Secretary what is what? Did what job did he?
Speaker 10: Do?
Speaker 3: Oh we opened the, Gates, yeah on them.
Speaker 2: All so May orcus admitted in front Of congress that not All afghans were being vetted in person refugee. Interviews, well they weren't vetted when they Left afghanistan and then they weren't vetted by in person. Interviews of, course you didn't hear a lot about that in mainstream, media did.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 3: Anyway it is one twenty six on This saturday.
Speaker 2: Afternoon Ken brew seven hundred WLW o our recovery of The university Of cincinnati's regular season finale football game AT. TCU uc needs to win to get to eight on the, season you get to eight wins on the, season maybe The bowl is a little bit better to go to than if you only finish with seven.
Speaker 3: Wins that's an hour. Away up in Ann arbor, now with one.
Speaker 2: Minute and fifty three seconds to go in quarter number, Two Ohio state, Ten michigan, Nine julian saying To Jeremiah, Smith, Yeah smith is playing. Today so Is tate saying To smith touchdown pass the difference in this game ten to Nine Ohio state minute and a half to go in quarter number. Two, meanwhile In, louisville The cardinals are up twenty to nothing ON uk final seconds first. Half kentucky needs a win to get to Be bowl, eligible and right now it does not appear to be happening for The Kentucky. Wildcats we will keep you up to date as we progress. On so there are a lot of ways to save money this holiday. Season and if you're out there shopping, Today god bless. YOU i know that there are crowds. Everywhere it's also small Business, saturdays so remember your mom and pop neighborhood stores on a daylight today as. Well but if you are looking to spend, money just big box items or things that would be delivered By.
Speaker 3: Amazon know this The Conference, BOARD.
Speaker 2: I don't know what The Conference board, is but it has done a survey and it reports that the average consumer plans to spend between nine hundred and ninety dollars this holiday, season about nine hundred and ninety to eleven hundred. Dollars that's about a seven percent drop from last. Year so if you're looking for gifts that may not cost you a, bunch let's get. Creative Terrence bradford is a financial visionary who wouldnt want? That, educator creator of a check For, life which is a television series that empowers you and me to build a lifetime of income streams and secure financial. Freedom he was also at one point known as the The Wall Street. Rapper she worked on the street and could craft a. Phrase, anyway here's a guy that can help us save some money right, now who is flashing euphemistically speaking online number. Two let's bring him on. In Terrence, bradford how are you on this Glorious.
Speaker 12: Saturday i'm doing, great and thanks so much for the opportunity to come on.
Speaker 3: Today i'm glad you're.
Speaker 6: Here what is a?
Speaker 2: Visionary what is a financial? Visionary you can see into the. Future is that what that Means?
Speaker 12: Terrence maybe, slightly but it's more about me trying to shape what the future looks. Like oh, Control and, Yeah i'm trying. To i'm on a mission to try to help one million people and never run out of money when they.
Speaker 7: Retire that's my.
Speaker 12: Goal it's a very lofty, goal BUT i believe THAT i can make it, happen and if and WHEN i, do it's going to change the.
Speaker 3: World COULD i be on the? List is there like a waiting list for?
Speaker 6: This because that's.
Speaker 12: Good, absolutely whatever you're, READY i can walk you through it and you actually will be set where you'll never run out of.
Speaker 6: Money we can talk more about it off. Line IT i love. IT i love.
Speaker 2: It so, anyway so everybody is out we hope spending. Money we want the economy to do, well but it seems like everybody is spending less money or will spend less money this year than they have in years. Past but you've come up with seven ways to save money on holiday shopping this, Year SO i guess number one is know how much money you, have Right you don't want to blow the budget On. Grandma if you've got like six or seven other gifts you got to, buy, Right that's, Right.
Speaker 6: That is absolutely.
Speaker 12: Right what happens is sometimes people have locked your goals for their spending and they want to get versus what they actually have the capability of.
Speaker 6: Buying so you definitely want to know what you have first so that you can go from.
Speaker 2: There so, okay so first of, all know what your finances. Are the last thing you want to do too is probably kick the can down the. ROAD i, mean you don't want to be buying things in Late november Early december that you're still paying for In april And may next.
Speaker 3: Year, right.
Speaker 12: That's exactly, Right and unfortunately a lot of people. Do, right they've loaded up the credit cards with the things that they bought In November december when they bought things late and the prices went up on. Them and then you turn around your mid year of the following, year you're still paying for last.
Speaker 3: Year you're thinking about what you got to Buy christmas in twenty twenty.
Speaker 12: Six, yeah, Exactly it's coming up in three months to do it all over.
Speaker 2: Again it's called the circle of poor financial. Life OH i like, That, yeah, well feel free to use. It this is something ELSE i think that we're probably late to the game to talk. About but keep holiday money. Separate in other, words if you're if you're you've got a little account over here that you're going to you're going to buy gifts, with don't touch that for like a vacation In. JUNE i, mean it's not like a slush. Fund it's not a government slush. Fund it's it's it's your money to. Spend but you got to leave it, alone right.
Speaker 12: Exactly if you can put it into an account that you're not going to, touch or if you have the actual physical funds themselves in an envelope or something of that, nature we actually you, know been, saving just don't touch.
Speaker 6: It be. Disciplined that's the hardest.
Speaker 12: Thing and people don't have disciplines with their, money and you can see it with their, finances with their, health things of that. Nature so have the discipline to keep it separate so that you can accomplish what you want.
Speaker 2: Later, yeah because we live in a society as you well, know that want it and want it right. NOW i, mean that's the whole you Know amazon. Phenomena you, know you don't want to buy a gift and get it five days. Later you want it on your doorstep three hours.
Speaker 3: Later we want an.
Speaker 2: Instant, gratification and then we don't understand why long term we're in rough.
Speaker 3: SHAPE i don't know how you fix that.
Speaker 2: Though how do you fix if if somebody doesn't have discipline in that area of their, life then then how do you fix that without them hitting a wall and learning a tough?
Speaker 12: Lesson the challenge with it is the first thing they have to do is make a decision, right and, unfortunately for a lot of, people that decision is sometimes made for them right versus them proactively making that.
Speaker 6: Decision but the first thing you do is make a. Decision then the.
Speaker 12: Second thing is make a, plan put it into, writing print it, out keep it on your, phone and then just stick to. It and what you have to do is when you look at the, plan look at, it you, know, daily and reward yourself mentally when you accomplish the things that you set out for.
Speaker 6: Yourself, right you saved the extra twenty bucks you, know way to?
Speaker 12: Go can you save the extra twenty bucks that was? Working you did a great, job. Buddy like what you tell your brain it's. Amazing can what you tell your brain the things that come from that later can.
Speaker 6: Actually happen for. You you know a lot of people call it. Manifestation so what.
Speaker 7: You have to do is you have that discipline manifest the things that you.
Speaker 6: Want but you have to take that first step of making the.
Speaker 3: Decision, yeah, well positive.
Speaker 2: Reinforcement everybody wants a pat on the, head whether it comes electronically or through their OWN i, KNOW i totally get, that AND i like this one. Here it's just trim a few daily, Habits. Terrence we have become a coffee, society and of course the coffee industry knows, that and that's why it costs you seven or eight bucks to get a cup of coffee.
Speaker 3: That wanted, to Like starbucks or. SOMEPLACE i, mean think about.
Speaker 6: That the.
Speaker 2: Absurdity like my, parents your, parents they'd make instant coffee or something like. That we're running out spas seven eight dollars for a cup of.
Speaker 12: Coffee, ken WHEN i was in the third, grade Now i'm dating On i'm fifty one years. Old so WHEN i was in the third graders in the, EIGHTIES i used to come into school early because my, TEACHERS i was the coffee, monitor SO i had to come. IN i had to get the coffee grind and put them in the, machine get the little, filter put in the water and make their coffee so.
Speaker 6: That they would have.
Speaker 12: It, so, yes when we don't do that, anymore you know people you know and that, industry the multi multi billion dollar, industry and congratulations to. Them but if you could just cut out one cup of coffee a day or a, week or twice a, week.
Speaker 6: The difference that you will make financially piece stuff will be huge over.
Speaker 3: Time let's just do the.
Speaker 2: Math if a, couple you, know nobody goes in there and, SAYS i want a cup of, coffee you, know they want a lot toe you this a latte that with cinnamon.
Speaker 6: And all this other.
Speaker 2: Nonsense you, know you're. Right, literally if you go in, there it's it's it's at least seven it could be more than. That and of course you're not going to just sit there and drink. It you're going to eat something with. IT i, mean they really got, you they really got you coming and. Go but if you, could if you could cut, down that's for a, week you're talking fifty.
Speaker 3: Bucks fifty bucks that goes into that.
Speaker 12: Account that's exactly, correct and over time that adds up and if you if you even take the next up of taking that money and investing it and throw a compound in just on top of, that it starts to really make a.
Speaker 6: Difference.
Speaker 2: Absolutely so we got shopping going on a Cyber monday is coming, up AND i guess some people wait and they literally this is called like panic. SHOPPING i used to buy suits at a certain, store you, know and they would always be on. Sale it's always thirty percent. Off AND i always, said after a, WHILE i, said you, know that's probably just what the real prices of the suit. Is it's not necessarily they just jack it. Up, yes they just jack it up thirty percent to make you feel like you're getting. Something but but the, truth, yeah if not this, year you, know maybe start your shopping In august In september next year so you're not just coming down to the wire and overpaying for.
Speaker 3: THINGS i think that makes a lot of, sense don't.
Speaker 6: YOU i?
Speaker 12: Agree one thousand. Percent they call it when you wait till the LAST minutey call it a pan. Attack that's what you're basically. Paying and the retailers know that and they take advantage of. That and, unfortunately year after year after, year.
Speaker 2: A million of the people still continue to do. It Terrence bradford's our. Guest we're talking about ways you can save money on your holiday. SHOPPING i can't let you go with a what you were The Wall Street? Wrapper, WELL i, mean what did you? Do, yes, sir show up on the floor and just put on a. Show what was that all?
Speaker 12: About so for, years this is going back to the early two, thousands around two thousand and, three two thousand and, FIVE i was trying to do What i'm doing, now which is help people with their.
Speaker 6: Finances BUT i was trying to do it through.
Speaker 12: Music SO i went on tour With Russell simmons And susie ormand or there Get Your Money right.
Speaker 6: Tour fortune magazine did a piece.
Speaker 12: On, me and WHAT i would do IS i would talk about investing through rap. Music SO i would tell, people you, know put down your tech and invests and buy some text and.
Speaker 6: Invest you, know lines like, that and you, know your coke is illegal every.
Speaker 12: Day of the, year my, COKE i buy twenty dollars a share like stuff like that to try, to you, know relate to people in the street and let them know That Wall street was just like the streets and you, know it can be acceptable to everybody could take advantage of.
Speaker 6: It what's it was a long long time? Ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah what what Was Russell? Simmons?
Speaker 6: Like what was? He?
Speaker 3: Was he a good?
Speaker 6: Dude russell was a was a good. Dude he was really.
Speaker 12: Interested he was starting his you, know rush car at the. Time he's interested in doing financial literacy and helping people with. It and he was an, innovator you, know Starting Depth Jam records and giving people from the hood of platform to you their music to to become famous Like, hellokoja, right Jay, z you know all these you know famous rappers that grew from your.
Speaker 6: RUN, dmc, Well.
Speaker 12: Rundi he actually ironically wasn't signed To Depth. Jam that was his, brother but they weren't signed to Death. Jam but he was an innovator and he gave a lot of people the great platform to.
Speaker 3: Uh you, know become very. Successful all, right, MAN i want to talk to you. Again so Look i'm hanging.
Speaker 2: On the runner and we're going to visit about all things life and financial down the. Road Terrence, bradford thank, you financial visionary he sees the.
Speaker 3: Future thank, You.
Speaker 6: Terrence thank you so. Much ken have a great holiday to you and your. Art thank.
Speaker 2: You, YEAH i mean keep money separate for your holiday. Spending that's something you got to do all. Year set a. BUDGET i mean that makes, sense don't you? Know overspend and you, know then give a little something of yourself if you you can't afford the right gift or a gift you want to. Do you, know experiences Say i'll do something for. You doesn't all have to be done with a credit. Card Terrence Bradford The Wall Street wrapper up in Ann arbor right now seventeen to, Nine Ohio state at the half Over, michigan and In louisville at the Half cardinals TWENTY uk. Zero it is one fifty one as we count down TO uc football seven HUNDRED wlw