Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio While Friends.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros In Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by petros Papadacus, terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Patrose, Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: I don't crack. He's the under pressure puss.
Speaker 1: Puss Puss.
Speaker 4: I didn't come here to rescue Rambo from you.
Speaker 2: I came here to rescue you from him.
Speaker 3: Really, really, I can't tell you how many like Big time interviews I've turned down.
Speaker 2: I'm that serious.
Speaker 3: Want to be pull a rubbit over my head.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Nothing in this world is harder than speaking the truth, Nothing easier than flattery.
Speaker 3: Don me Yukes Spetrosen Money AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app going until seven o'clock, giving away a pair of tickets to the Castro Rising Stars Contest. Out it into a dome this Friday. That'll be tomorrow. We'll do that before the end of the show. NBA in town for the All Star Game all weekend long USA Versus the World. You hear from James Worthy in the six o'clock hour. It was great. You won't want to miss it. David Best will join us in the very next segment.
Speaker 5: All right, Matt, I mean you could even call this three Things Thursday. I have three stories for your one.
Speaker 3: And only k here Bunsters.
Speaker 5: Well, first, I'd like to read you this text about talking about how much I eat. Right, shame on little man, Matt money Smith, ripping on bigger guys for being honest about the fast food order. Hey, little man, why don't you disclose your Internet search history?
Speaker 3: You freak Yeah big tas dot I t O.
Speaker 5: You like somebody with big t's and then the real extra like so it's like blue.
Speaker 3: Boo right, yeah, yeah, bla bonger boongins dot us chattermite grinder.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then this brings us to this, hey pee, every time you play that nine o two and oh clip of the Hot Chick asking the black guy to dance. I just pictured Tim Kates shaking his head and disapproved it. What's happened, that's not that would never happen. Tim Kates is all for listen. Earlier in the week, I got excited playing a nine o two one oh clips from an episode where they have to dance with the Crenshaw kids and the cops were there, and the cops were making it turning, and Brandon Walsh made it cool and David Silver was cutting the beef topping and they had a great time, and it solved racism. And I was trying to make the point that we used to deal with these things in a very quick one hour half hour format with commercials, and not sit there and worry about it for the rest of the week and just have for our black and white front.
Speaker 3: It was like the Red House. Let Aaron Spelling take it on and fix it for right. Every day in our lives was like the Red House.
Speaker 5: Now, some people say some idiots misluck misguided people at the Red House square black people and white people buy.
Speaker 3: Furniture, and expanded people too in all people.
Speaker 5: Some said that I perhaps went to the well one too many tempos and doubled up on that nine O two one oh that solved racism with a dance at West Beverly High with some people from Crenshaw. Now, first, I would say, that wasn't even our hour, okay, two days in a row, that was the two o'clock out. Second, I would say, much like Tim Katee shaking his head, why don't you think about your own self and why it makes you so uncomfortable hearing it two days in a row myself?
Speaker 3: Could it be that you're a racist? Now?
Speaker 5: I enjoyed every second of it, and I would hope our listeners want me to be happy and could allow me a few minutes to reminisce to a simpler time. We did the better Off Dead quotes for Matt yesterday. Why can't I enjoy a little nine O two and oh on my day off? However, it wasn't my day off, and you're supposed to be here. However, it has been suggested, Matt that we move on from that one nine oh two one episode, because they're right.
Speaker 3: Wasn't wait wait oh it just listen out to it? Why are you doing it?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: We're gonna move on, I said, we're gonna move on.
Speaker 1: I thought you did.
Speaker 3: People want to hear it to get No. Well, since you played it, I mean you gotta start if you want to know how it's finished. We're dancing.
Speaker 2: I think it's too paralleled by beer.
Speaker 3: I really wish somebody would dance.
Speaker 4: I just didn't see this coming.
Speaker 7: No one could have. Man, are you out of your mind? Brandon?
Speaker 3: Anybody could have position those shelves around the floor. And how do we turn up the lights the rest? Okay, you're only making things worse.
Speaker 8: Hey, that's enough, Brandon brand I'll say you're the genius who invited these guys.
Speaker 3: Gay Greg shot.
Speaker 5: Now there's gonna be a fight, David, just keep playing. Yeah, it's not really a fighting. West Begley guys messing around.
Speaker 3: We're get the show shut out of here. Hey hey, hey, hey, they're both guards. Let them go goes to West Beverly. Just around like we always do. Man, you guys getting.
Speaker 1: Everybody's face since we got here.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: No, man, it's not all right.
Speaker 5: And here comes some chick to saving dance dance, and now Donna Martin's gonna dance. How's another black guy?
Speaker 9: Come on, there's a dancellor ourself.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're gonna dance with your dates. That's a third day and arrives. How Sailor's dancing? Nobody looks more awkward up there than silver Here cuts Andrey and Zucker to talk to Brandon. Now that the party soccer man expect, now that the parties.
Speaker 2: Were picked up, So Brandon and Beverly Hills of dance.
Speaker 3: No, he don't dance.
Speaker 4: You know me better than that.
Speaker 3: What does this mean?
Speaker 2: I'm forgiven?
Speaker 10: Maybe maybe I just want to torture.
Speaker 3: The black guy is gonna go turn it up, kill each other. How would you know that don't man is going and I'm not going.
Speaker 9: I'm black, relaxed, my mothers kill each other.
Speaker 3: How would you notice that another ma you wonder like a Jedi? Because of a petition?
Speaker 5: All right, okay, people did suggest that we should move on from that. Now you listen to it, and you hear the impact of the the white kids at Beverly Hills say being the white savior to the blacks and Crunshaw and you say, how could it get better? Petros, how could it get better? Well, I take you to save by the Bell.
Speaker 3: The college years, they decided to take it on as well.
Speaker 5: Not exactly that, but half the college years, Ac Slater a ka Mario Lopez. Mario Lopez meets a Latina activist, like a Latina Chicano power chick okay, brown and proud like kid Frost okay, and Slater, who's tan, very tan twelve months out of the year, does not recognize the fact that he might be a Mexican Slater.
Speaker 3: Correct, his name is Slater and his first name is a c. Well, but why why is his name Ac? Why did it change to Slater? And was it changed? Oh my, and here's this lat Well. She's got to wake up the sleeping Asteca inside Ac Slater. Now listen to her.
Speaker 9: Okay, you know, Jesu, I just said it's a beautiful day. Oh le's span what.
Speaker 7: Boy? You really don't speak Spanish, do you?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: See so there sounds like Dora. She's a hot chick who sounds like it's.
Speaker 3: The voiceover girl for Dora.
Speaker 5: He meets Dora. I know at thela no, and Slater doesn't know anything. But the Chicano power chick looks at Slater and sees his rippling Aztec muscles and goes as soon as teca it's parasa he is for us, but Slater does not know, right, he doesn't know. So now Slater's got to figure it out. And he's at lunch with her, of course, sharing a horse shata, and they what it's on the show Peter Engel produced this. Now here she is telling him, Hey, maybe your last name isn't.
Speaker 3: What is this Slater? Bs, you look.
Speaker 4: At your name, Mexican Slater, Albert Clifford.
Speaker 7: Slater, Slater's an Anglo name. You're Latino.
Speaker 4: Just so many of my family has changed it.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, just like that, How does she know that he's Latino?
Speaker 2: Come on, you're Latino?
Speaker 3: How how did that? I mean, how does she know you're Latino? What if he's not? Well, he just said maybe somebody changed it. I mean he's surrendered immediately. Well you've told me I'm Latino. I suppose somebody changed it.
Speaker 5: So now he's with Zach Mark, Paul Gossler, Zach Morris, a white man, and Zach is like, what just because you're with this freaking chick, you got it. You're not gonna come with us to Big Bear.
Speaker 7: Don't you think it's time to stop denying your roots?
Speaker 3: There on that now a tasty lick.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now Slater looks off and he goes, perhaps perhaps perhaps.
Speaker 2: Slayer Chicano studies. Why do you care about that?
Speaker 4: Because on Chicano Case you never noticed.
Speaker 3: So now he walks out.
Speaker 5: Now this wasn't available because I was gonna have to buy the episode because he walks out, and and Zach Morris, like he always does, and say by the bell, looks at the camera and goes says what we all thought.
Speaker 3: I always thought he was Italian case you never noticed. All right, take it easy.
Speaker 5: There, you've been Chicano for two days and all of a sudden you're gonna seize our job, as Zach Morris. So now Slater tells us what happened, and you tell me, You tell me if you buy this.
Speaker 3: You meet a girl and you this isn't about a girl.
Speaker 4: It's about me.
Speaker 8: Till two days ago, I didn't even know my real name was Sanchez. My dad changed it twenty five years ago to get into the military academy.
Speaker 4: Can you believe it? Felthy had the hidest heritage to be accepted. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 5: What about your grandma? It's her name Slater too. Do you have an abuela.
Speaker 3: What's his name? Albert Clark, Albert Clifford Slater. Clifford Slater, Dad really did everything you possibly could to cover that up. Now, what should I call you?
Speaker 5: Cliff My name is a girl, and.
Speaker 3: It's not about a girl.
Speaker 8: Till two days ago, I didn't even know my real name was Sanchez. My dad changed it twenty five years ago to get into the military academy.
Speaker 4: Can you believe it?
Speaker 3: What heritage?
Speaker 5: Except talking about Annapolis or v m I or West Point or the Laino. I mean, what are we talking about? Am I a.
Speaker 3: What? Now? Here's the question? You're laods Slater? Get a piece of that torta or not?
Speaker 2: I would?
Speaker 7: You're Latino?
Speaker 5: Come on later, you got a little whiff of that Latino. Now you're gonna do Chicagos.
Speaker 3: Shut up, it's about any girl, and this isn't about a girl.
Speaker 4: It's about me.
Speaker 3: Talk Latino.
Speaker 8: Till two days ago, I didn't even know my real name was Sanchez.
Speaker 7: You're Latino.
Speaker 3: So we solve world problems here. Okay.
Speaker 5: It's not just a black white thing. It's also a Mexican and white thing. Okay, didn't even know, he wondered, porque Am I Tan, okay.
Speaker 3: All on your all year long. I keep this beautiful, Tan.
Speaker 7: Don't you think it's time stop denying you?
Speaker 5: I'm swarthy as hell. I mean, how south of the Italy did you have to be from?
Speaker 3: Slater?
Speaker 2: Why do you care about that?
Speaker 4: Because I'm Chicano case you never noticed?
Speaker 3: You didn't notice? Heyho, you didn't notice? You just you're really gonna take it out on Zach Alfred.
Speaker 5: Alberto Anyway, I understand the pushback that I received from playing the nine to two one oh episode, and I understand the pushback that we're receiving for playing the Same by the Bell, if there is any we received well, because I received pushback with the Golden Girls over the years and the Facts of Life.
Speaker 3: All the fact the sex episodes. Yeah, y loser, Virgil Unity. You know you're gonna get pushed back on that, Natalie Christian right.
Speaker 5: The fat one, I love the fat one losing a virginity, just that plump one getting rolled right in, you know. Okay, No, anyway, I'm glad that a C. Slater figured it out in the episode of Saved by the Bell of the College Years.
Speaker 3: Can we refer to him as a C. Sanchez moving forward.
Speaker 5: Please Slater. Slater's war Alberto Kadoks Sanchez, because that's why you're lain because I'm Grecono.
Speaker 4: Because I'm Chicano.
Speaker 5: I mean, you grow up your whole life in a wrestling singlet, doing a hang loose and hanging out at Bayside High and acted all cool, and then in two days some Chicano chick gets you to flip your whole Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: What I am like, Okay, Slater, That's what college is. It's not about it's about finding yourself.
Speaker 5: I found out I was a really stupid short yardage tailback and co. But I was poor white, trash happy town in Northwest.
Speaker 3: We did go to Pepperdine exactly.
Speaker 7: Stopped denying your roots.
Speaker 5: We never deny our roots. And that is for all of you a holes that push back against nine O two one. Oh.
Speaker 3: All right, next story, Matt, what what?
Speaker 5: Maybe I should look back into my heritage? Cue the guitar. That's racist, totally racist. Jesus, thank you, Kate, Yeah, Ronnie, back off there it is again. Seriously all right, Matt. It's popping off in Rotterdam, Netherlands. And have you ever been to Rotterdam? It's a place where techno music had a big turn. The agro hardcore techno movement started in Rotterdam. That's my kind of techno here it is.
Speaker 3: This is what it sounds like here turning out a glam had I was not prepared for this. You gotta wait for the beat of drums.
Speaker 2: Okay, now we're talking.
Speaker 3: This is actually a tennis story.
Speaker 5: People are very upset in Rotterdam, and by people I mean the men's players on the tennis tour. They're very upset about the balls. Some are even upset that they've questioned whether or not the balls are even round. No, but it's interesting. I looked into this and asked a couple of tennis types that I knew. But I guess ball speed and court speed are two things that are supposed to match up when you're.
Speaker 3: Doing a tournament, no matter where you go, I guess, and the.
Speaker 5: Ball speed and the court's speed in this situation are significantly different. But what it's brought to us, Matt, other than this awesome technoi is.
Speaker 3: Very distracting soundtrack to the story.
Speaker 5: We have another Medvedev meltdown, Daniil Medvedev over the balls. Also Arthur Pheelies and Alex Demnauer. They have all attacked these head balls. Also Taylor Fritz has attacked, and Zegrev. They've all gotten after the head balls.
Speaker 3: The head. The head is a brand, it's got that arch with the dot, the head tour xt ball. They hate the ball.
Speaker 5: The tournament is in Rotterdam, it finishes on Sunday, and the ball will not changed. And nobody is more displeased. And we love it when he is displeased. The Russian Daniel Medvedev. There's many meltdowns and explosive combative personality tickles us here in the world of great sports talking makes us happy.
Speaker 3: You great sports talk, You shut your f's up.
Speaker 5: So here is Daniel Medvedev, very upset about the ball.
Speaker 3: This bos of horrible hold on. I believe he said, delete these balls from the effing life.
Speaker 1: This bos a horrible dete there who runs.
Speaker 2: Its becoming apologies for the language, and.
Speaker 3: I start yelling at the Johns. You has nothing to do with the balls. One and a half.
Speaker 1: Second, it's just not an I have much pain in my elbow and I have a flight.
Speaker 5: Okay, don't have much pain in my elbow, not a flight.
Speaker 3: Because The balls are made for.
Speaker 9: For people who love to please, people who love to please with a little bit of a little bit of saliva.
Speaker 5: The balls are made for people that love to please with a little bit of sali.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How do you say puck time?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Luck, luck, luck Now, Matt, I guess if you want to gargle on the uh the rod of the rotterdam open, then you go ahead and do it. But I've got a flight to catch.
Speaker 5: For the men's and the women's tour, they do have no control over the balls. Each tourney cuts its own deal with Wilson or Dunlop or pen or head, and the balls are basically the same size and weight. But obviously the players are pissed off if it's off by one gram, and they can tell oh, yeah, that's why. Week by week the balls can piss players off, and medeev our Russian friend knows that the ump he's yelling at and tell him that his shoulder hurts and he has to leave or elbow. Has no control over.
Speaker 3: The ball I've got to catch.
Speaker 5: They will change out balls if there's a dead ball, five in a row if necessary. But these are all the same balls.
Speaker 3: Is this the only professional sport that there's no uniformity in the ball they use.
Speaker 5: Where there's supposed to be. Yeah, there's separate deals for every tournament has unit right, But yeah, every tournament has their own ball uniformity. So I would say, yeah, it's a very unique situation. It does make you think of Tom Brady's deflated balls and the Lane Kiff and Matt Barkley lesser known to fate deflate gate in the PAC twelve, both real situations in their time.
Speaker 3: She's thinking about Eric's balls and Billy Madison when he fell off the bench, his things were weird looking.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking about Albert Clifford Sanchez. I lived my whole life thinking I was a white guy in Malibu, and all of a sudden, this hot Latina chick flips with the whole scrip up, and now I'm doing Chicago studies.
Speaker 7: Slater's an angler.
Speaker 2: You're Latino?
Speaker 3: How do you know Latino?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Say yes me and Migo, We'll be back. This is Petro, Send money on man, Petro, some money and five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. NBA all start twenty twenty six in LA. We of course still have tickets to the Castro Rising Stars game. That's wonderful, But the bigger story p is Dodger Baseball. They're out in Arizona, pitchers, catchers, and spring training baseball will be here on February twenty first, the one and only.
Speaker 1: David vase Live from Spring Training, the home of the Dodgerfall, with an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the vass Report with David Vasse.
Speaker 5: Like Brandon Walsh seeked the truth at West Beverly High, David Vassa is a seeker of the truth and stories for your back to back world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. You may have seen the k CAL CBS feature on him yesterday. You could hear him on Dodger Talk tonight with a detailed interview with Reggie Smith that you can enjoy. And he joins us now from Spectrum Sportsnet from the MLB networking right here on a five seventy, the best of the best, David vass on your Southern California Toeyo to Dealer Celebrity Hotline.
Speaker 3: Hello Dave, Well, thank.
Speaker 10: You, petros. I appreciate that very sincere introduction, and I'll be leaving for Arizona tomorrow. I am actually at Sportsnet LA. That's where we're going to have access Sportsnet Dodgers at six o'clock and Dodger Talk will originate here at seven o'clock and Reggie Smith will join us at seven point thirty. Legend of Dodger Baseball?
Speaker 3: What are the storylines? Dave? Yeah, what do we have? I know we've got our own storylines for Dodger Baseball. We dug into him a little bit earlier. But it's Spectrum Sportsnet, the home of the Dodgers on the television side of things. What are the storylines? What are they keeping an eye on as you get ready to make your way to Camelback Ranch.
Speaker 10: Well, today was a busy for the Dodgers, busier than most Daves has been most days have been during this offseason. They first yesterday signed Evan Phillips back for a one year, six point five million dollar contract. That was not as much of a slam dunk as we may have thought it was. When the Dodgers did not tender Phillips a contract, I had scouts from other teams reaching out to me about what type of guy Evan Phillips was, and my understanding was the Rangers were seriously considering a run at Evan Phillips, but comes back to the team that he obviously wanted to stay with. And then today another Dodger reliever who was designated for assignment last week, Anthony Bonda, was traded to the Twins today for international pool money. He was traded for pool money, and he was a fan favorite, but had thrown a lot of games the last two years for the Dodgers one hundred and thirty six games, including the postseason one hundred and twenty nine innings. And then today key K Hernandez announcing that he is back with the Dodgers, and the Dodgers also extended Max Munsey for another year. So it was a busy last two days for the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Why did I think that the KEYK thing was already done or what did they intimate that that was going to get done? Or was it a foregone conclusion or was that something that just got by me like so many other things.
Speaker 3: No, no, not at all.
Speaker 10: You must have been listening to KEYK and I before Christmas at the Polo Ralph Lauren event at the Citadel where he basically said it's not a matter of if, but when, And that's the way it was going to play out, considering Key K cannot play in a game because of elbows surgery, probably until the All Star break at the earliest, so there was really no urgency and there was some roster maneuvering that needed to be made before they could sign KEYK.
Speaker 5: Around this time, most of us speak, he was an unknown guy when he started, and we were all here doing the same stuff. Think of Max Munsey as a young guy.
Speaker 3: He's not. He's gotten old before our eyes right.
Speaker 10: Now, yes he has, but in the process has become one of the most reliable playoff performers for the Dodgers. Despite a lot of Dodger fans coming after Monsey at different points in time of the last two seasons, all of a sudden, now everybody loves Max Munsey. As I always say, they always come crawling back. That's my mantra in life. And Max Munsey is thirty five years old but holds the Dodger postseason record for the most home runs hit thirteen home runs. Think about all the great players that have played for the Dodgers, it's Max Munsey that has hit the most postseason home runs, including a big one in Game seven of the World Series, and Max Munsey was the longest active tenured Dodger up until Keik Hernandez signed back with the Dodgers an hour later. And Keik has the distinction of playing in every single World Series during the Andrew Friedman era for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: How much of the Munthie thing, Dave was a product of, you know, kind of what happened this offseason. I know you mentioned Boba sheet a few different times. Was this just kind of, yeah, you know, maybe we went out looking and we couldn't really get anything to line up, So let's just sort of get the old bird in the hand squared away and then we'll figure out something else down the road.
Speaker 10: I would say that's part of it, Matt. But the other part is similar to this season, Max Muncie has taken a big time team discount. He did that to stay with the Dodgers this upcoming season when he agreed to an extension a couple of years ago and agreed to just a ten million dollar club option. Well, next year, he's only going to make seven million dollars, and then if the team wants to keep them around for twenty twenty eight. It's a club option for ten million dollars. So unlike some of the other Dodgers that we have seen move on for thinking they were going to get bigger money, and they did, but they wanted to make that big money with the Dodgers, Munsey has done what others have been reluctant to do, and that's to take a team discount to a certain extent. And that's a big reason why they were able to make this happen and the reason why he's still here.
Speaker 3: Your favorite national baseball reporter that lives in a small market was at it again today. I don't know why he felt it wrote a whole novel. Yeah, it's like no our man, Jeff Passes reposted the Dodgers broke baseball. There's going to be a lockout. We won't have baseball in twenty seven. It's all the Dodgers' fault. It's almost the same article that we talked about two months ago. Dave, why do you think it's research seen today? I'm sure you read it. There's quotes from anonymous gms and executives. Why cast this dark cloud over baseball before the seven season even gets started?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it feels like the replay of the Petrosen Money Show hour of nine o two one zero days. The last two days I felt like, I mean, I felt like Passing took a page out of your book. He just wrote the same story that he wrote back in what October or November, And you know, I feel like, if you want to be transparent, he should write that he was the Royals beat writer. He lives in Kansas City, and you know he's he's feeling a narrative for the small market teams. I feel like that's got to be consciously or subconsciously part of the narrative here. But look, I thought Scott Boris said it the best Matt a couple of weeks ago. This is such a unique time period for Major League Baseball because of Shoho Tani, not only what he does for the sport and transcending it as you know, the level of Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods has, but also the fact that he signed an incredibly team friendly deal, deferring the majority of his contract each and every season to allow the Dodgers to go out and sign a Kyle Tucker. So you know, I just feel like there's a lot of jealousy, envy, and overreaction. If you take a step back, this is something that is not going to last forever. Even Andrew Friedman has said as much that they are taking advantage of this time, having the greatest player arguably ever on their team, making two million dollars against the luxury tax every years.
Speaker 3: Popping off in the gym right now, Dave, there's.
Speaker 10: Passing David Silver aka the baseball David Silver.
Speaker 9: That think it's too argalized by fear, really wish summary with Dan.
Speaker 4: I just didn't see this coming.
Speaker 5: No one could have.
Speaker 3: Man, don't do this to me to partake. You just give it a rest, Okay. I like to envision David young Davids on the couch with a full account chocula between his legs. He's watching this.
Speaker 10: I would love How about about change it up and maybe play when Dylan says Brandon's life when he falls off the cliff while they're hiking.
Speaker 3: Right here, Brandon looking at me right here would be.
Speaker 10: There you go, Petros Or maybe when uh, when uh, when Brandon was in the hot tub with uh with what's her name?
Speaker 3: Tat yeah, Tat Tiffany Ambertheasner, Kelly Taylor. It was not Kelly Taylor, it was whatever. Valerie. Valerie was her character's name. Yeah, when they're bobbling movie.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, all right, Dave, Okay, thank you for all of that. I felt like it started out great and then started to, as it always does, get into the gutter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's where you belong. What's on Dodger Talk tonight?
Speaker 2: You jerk?
Speaker 3: Reggie Smith?
Speaker 10: Uh, Tanner Scott and Reggie Smith are going to join us tonight on Dodger Talking All these moves.
Speaker 3: A detailed interview with Reggie Smith.
Speaker 10: Oh sorry, sorry, Oh, I can't wait for Who's coming on next? Daniel Jerem I talk about the Bolts draft.
Speaker 3: No, Dave, you should know better. It's going into a forty five. It's gonna be a textoso Come on man.
Speaker 5: Okay, sorry, Actually, sweet James, we'll try to snackt Ted's beard.
Speaker 3: And Sam Darnold coming on next even better next week. A safe drive to Phoenix, Dave, Yeah, have fun out there, Dave, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 10: Enjoy the cushy studio, Go sit on a cactus.
Speaker 1: Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 3: On demand, Petros and Money Am five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We have all the power, even though some don't want to acknowledge that we are your home back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodger Baseball pitchers. In keech of the report on Friday, David Vassey on route first spring training game coming a week from Saturday on the twenty first. Remember anything you miss you can always relive through the Petros Money Show podcast that is on the iHeartRadio app in the AM five seventy LA Sports tile. It is time for Sweet James. Order in the court, Order in the court. It's time for justice with Sweet Chair.
Speaker 5: There is nobody that brings it harder in the justice world than Sweet James. There is nobody that cares more about injured people and accidents than our dear friend, the one and only finest lawyer in the history of the world, Sweet James.
Speaker 3: At eight hundred and nine million. That's eight hundred and nine zero.
Speaker 5: Zero zero zeros zero zero there there in twenty four seven or Sweet James dot Com expanding.
Speaker 3: Every day in the world of the law. What's cragging, Sweet James? How are you?
Speaker 2: It's a way for pleasure to talk to you. How are you guys? Great?
Speaker 5: Everybody's doing okay around here. Matt's got a turtleneck.
Speaker 3: On long slave, I'm embracing my inner stud Lance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and and he wants he's uh, it's gonna look like the Vinnie Bong signor picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be beautiful, but such wearing a beret and doing the Rushmore looks we have to call it.
Speaker 3: That's a good idea. I'm gonna curate that look. Thank you, Sweet James.
Speaker 5: Oh no, okay, gosh, Harvard's my backup. The sarbone is my number one.
Speaker 3: Sweet James. I mean you're a man.
Speaker 5: Who grew up in the snows of Kilimanjaro, I mean Salt Lake City, And uh, do you watch the Winter Olympics?
Speaker 3: Do you enjoy that type of thing? Do you enjoy winter?
Speaker 2: Occasionally? Occasionally I watched the words and go, yeah, I can do that, that's it. But I left to think I can Yeah, that's got it all right?
Speaker 3: Do that in my sleep? Did you see the skiing?
Speaker 5: Come on, you see that Lindsay von Lady destroyed her leg and had to get like seven surgeries on her leg. Oh my goodness, do you ever visit people in the hospital and they have a bunch of pins ticking out of their legs and you have to act like I do.
Speaker 3: Oh, I like that. We can work with that. I see what you got going there. We can work with that right there. Okay, hey, Sweet James, let's get to our producer, Tim Kates. We were having this discussion the other day. Uh. He obviously has a couple of girls in school, one now finished in the Phoenix area. He likes to drive the Phoenix. They have the automated cameras that have given him speeding tickets in the past. And Sweet James.
Speaker 5: You know, you can't drive to Phoenix without seeing Sweet James billboards the way, so he.
Speaker 3: Knows the whole way.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: He has decided to ignore the citations that have been issued, so we believe there is at least one, if not multiple bench warrants. Two he's got two of these tickets that he has ignored for years.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: He dips into Phoenix like a cartel guy dips into the US.
Speaker 3: Nice. Oh yeah, so much so, James that he rents a car. He does not drive his own car with that plate. He rents a car when he goes and then comes back. So can you share with us and everyone listening, Like, what what are the risks that Tim Kates has taken on? What would happen if he were to be pulled over and had to hand over his license and registration?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, mister case a man.
Speaker 6: As a youth, I did similar things and guess what, I got my car and pounded it got towed. Yeah, yeah, that can happen really easily. Yeah, you're gonna get in trouble, buddy. It's it's it's worth a piece of mind to pay the fine and do you know what, go in and you can talk him down. You can wave all those fees and costs and uh a late sieve. So they'll they'll work with you. They just don't want to bit of their money. But what if you get it done? It's good ahead.
Speaker 5: What if he's like been evading the law for ten years.
Speaker 3: Like what we're talking a decade here, we're talking about he's.
Speaker 5: Been on the run for longer than he remembers. You know, I mean that he's a friend of the devil.
Speaker 2: He's a renegade.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, Like when it's been so long, is there a statute of limitation on Kates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is for infractions and the like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's the statue shoe like a one or two years, so he might be clear.
Speaker 2: If it's a.
Speaker 6: Minor infraction, mister means might last a little bit longer. So you know, watch yourself there, Kate.
Speaker 3: Well, like going seventy and a fifty, let's say he's going seventy five in a sixty. Is that is that?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: He don't even have to worry.
Speaker 2: About fraction in fraction in fraction.
Speaker 3: So drive your own car, no worries, you're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, that terms not fast to do.
Speaker 5: So however, wow, look at that statute of limitations, Kates, thank you, James, I appreciate that. Well, that's a weight off his show. Right now, let me ask you this. We were hoping stony lonesome. Well, well, you know, you never know. Right, Let's say that all it takes is one over zealous sheriffs, certainly right in Pima County or something to get after Kate's asked. Now, let's say Kate's is driving in Arizona and the cop pulls up behind him and bangs and and hits the lights, and he's thinking, oh my god, they got me it's the jig is up. Is it more advantageous for him to uh to try to escape that situation and to try his luck or would it be benefit? Like, how bad of a situation if they actually get him? Should he try to escape?
Speaker 2: At least? No, I don't have to. We don't have to read a.
Speaker 6: News article about Kate's getting in trouble and some ice cha crash. Okay, exactly, exactly all right, and those the girl cactics that are protected he getting.
Speaker 2: You get in trouble. So yeah, don't don't do that.
Speaker 3: Stay on the road. Another one for you, sweet James. I don't know if you were interested in the Seattle Super Bowl parade, but obviously the city freaking out Seahawks, you know, win another Super Bowl championship. It had been a decade, so the whole city is poured into the streets. There was an interaction between a portly lady on a bicycle and the many parade goers that were blocking the bicycle lane to give her the bike lane. She's like, I need to get to work. Mf orst. She was very she said, but I need to get to work. She so, you know, they sports team, but I need to get to work, and they pointed out you can just go a block up and there are literally no people or cars and that will take you to your work. If she runs into somebody, it's not a vehicle, but it's still a bicycle. Is that misdemeanor? Assault? Is that felt? Because she's carrying some weight. Now you know she's got a little bit of momentum. You might have, you know, a couple hundred pounds running India there like what are what's what's the recourse here?
Speaker 6: And depending on how poorly she is, depending on the damage she causes, there's sometimes there's a damage limit. But to tap demeter, I'm gonna get turg it turns into a felony.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So let's say I get knocked to the ground and I cut my eye and I need one stitch.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good. They call those a wobbler.
Speaker 6: Depends on the DA if you want to go ahead and put up the jerny other way, there is.
Speaker 5: A big lawsuit. Now this guy's lawyered up. I don't know if he called you, but the guy inside the mascot in Washington, d C. G Whiz for the Washington Wizards, Uh, well, he was decleted basically by the Jackson Hayes Lakers backup center just knocked a over. T's over at the uh over at the Arena in d C.
Speaker 3: And he is gonna sue.
Speaker 5: How much can you sue a big basketball player knocking you over when you're in a big mascot outfit.
Speaker 2: Okay, here me out on this one.
Speaker 6: So it depends on his injuries obviously, And if it's like a you know, like a few grand when you want to do that to like the Philly fanatic.
Speaker 2: Or something like that could be like, uh, there's to.
Speaker 6: Be a business like working at the mascot of a team you hate.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, I mean take a free shot at this guy.
Speaker 5: But but according to James Worthy, mascots exist to get socked.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I would not fight Greedy though he would stab you. I think he would be bad to fight with. But he's gonna get something. Obviously, he got he got. He got done pretty hard there.
Speaker 6: So and it's a it was a highly advertised there's some uh, there's some shame.
Speaker 3: Attach amiliation, emotional stress. There's a lot of shame amiliation. A test here as well, the.
Speaker 5: One and only James Burgater everybody eight hundred and nine million is a number that's eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com, the best lawyer in the world and one of the best guys in the world. Could I see your Sweet James, have a great night and we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: You love you boys.
Speaker 5: There we go, Sweet jam Petro somebody on Amphi seventy l a sport one hour ago