Speaker 1: It's time for another Dave Ryan show for Christmas Wish. We have a very different Christmas Wish today and we're so happy to do this. One. One of our big sponsors partners on Christmas Wish is Youth Link because we've been working with youth Link for like, I don't know, ten years or so. Co Quay is on the phone. Good morning, Co, Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: How are you guys doing that?
Speaker 1: You are the headhun show? Is that right over at Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know about all that, but I am part of leadership team.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Co.
Speaker 1: We've been working with you. We've been working with you guys for a long time, and we want to do a wish for youth Link. So will you take a minute, Co and tell us what youth Link does. I think a lot of people know, but a lot of people might need a little familiarization for sure. For sure.
Speaker 2: So we're a nonprofit who serves young people experiencing homelessness and crisis. So we are our demographic that we serve our youth that are sixteen or twenty four, and so we have a drop incenter and we also have housing services. So young people come into our space to acquire basic needs, have a safe place to be, create community, food, work with case managers, and also build community. And so our space is multifaceted, and we do we do a lot. We do a lot in our space. So a lot of it is around providing those services, those case management services for those young people that we serve.
Speaker 1: And you know what I've got. I've got a twenty four year old son, and you just can't imagine a twenty four year old or a sixteen year old or a twenty year old, you know, homeless. But a lot of them leave home because it is no longer a tenable situation for them to stay at home right Coe for.
Speaker 2: Sure, for sure, And young people that walk through our doors, everybody that walk through our doors has a different reason of why they're walking through the doors. It's housing needs, or it's just to you know, get them, get them on the right path to resilience and independence and being able to provide that with our case managers and our staff within our space.
Speaker 1: How do your about your people, the people to come to you, how do they find out about Youthlink Because I think a lot of people find themselves suddenly. I don't know, but I'm going to guess they find themselves suddenly homeless where they just cannot stay at home anymore for whatever reason. How do kids young people find out about?
Speaker 2: You think for sure? For sure mainly community based right and so young people who are navigating these these these circumstances, they have networks and communities that also provide the resource. We do a lot of outreach, So we're at schools, we're at the libraries, we're at encampments, we're out on the streets looking for young people, actually meeting them where they are physically and being able to provide those resources and bring them back to Youth Flam to be able to access more resources. Our overreach team does a lot in community providing resources on the spot, but the majority of the resources are in houses so we can get them in house and get them connected to case management that the opportunity to grow is a lot higher.
Speaker 1: I think that's so wonderful because you know, you think about I'm not sure what you know, your situation code when you were growing up. My kid's situation they never they were never threatened with anything other than you know, just a regular ordinary kind of a Christmas. Most people listening, So you really can't imagine yourself at sixteen years old kind of trying to find your own way and you really it's got to be very difficult to do. So thankful for youth Link and all the work that you people do over at youth Link as you know, as helping people out that are homeless, that are young. So we want to we want to give you some things to help make it easier for you and your team and the and the youth who go to youth Link. So one of the things we first heard about was the community room could use a gaming area just to kind of get together and whether it's like you know, video games or TV or whatever, they're like a gaming areas for people to come to and kind of congregate and form community.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, for sure, definitely it's not all about the resources. Like a lot of young people come into our space, like I said, because of that community, because of the safe space, because of the place where you know, they feel comfortable, they feel heard, they feel seen. So if navigating homeless stense and housing is a big piece for them, a lot of their a lot of their hours throughout the day are spent you know, in our dropping center.
Speaker 1: So here's some of the things we have for for your community area, the gaming area. We got a Nintendo Switch with four controllers in some games. Now here's the thing about a Nintendo Switch. It's a it's a handheld gaming device, but you can't just play. You can play it handheld, but when you got fifteen kids all watching you play Animal Crossing or you know, Mario Kart, you got to put it on a big old TV. So we got a brand new fifty inch TV to go along with the Nintendo Switch. Okay, amazing. Uh. And then we got a coffee table to put in the room too. But then we heard some you need some furniture for the waiting room. The chairs are kind of the chairs have seen better days, Is that right?
Speaker 2: Definitely, they get a lot of they get a lot of usage.
Speaker 1: So yes, I'm sure. So we got a three thousand dollars Slumberland Furniture gift card to help you get some new furniture so people have a comfortable place to wait when they arrive at Youth Link for the very first time. So three thousand dollars over at Slumberland, we hope will help you guys out. There's a lot of people who and and we really hope you can use this. Basically, we got a Melbourne Clothing company in St. Melbourne Clothing in Saint Paul send us a thousand dollars gift card. Now they specialize in men's clothing and suits and pants and jackets, and we're helping that maybe some of the young people that you start serving, they're maybe getting ready for interviews or they need to dress up to go to this or whatever. So Milbourne Clothing is providing a one thousand dollars gift card and you can spend it on forever you want, whatever you want over there. Thanks to Melbourne Clothing, they did this unsolicited men's quality brand name in private label clothing at everyday value prices. Check out Melbourne m I, L, B, E r N dot com And just a big shout out to those guys because they texted a couple of weeks ago and they said, hey, can you use this? They said absolutely, and so unsolicited they send over a gift card.
Speaker 4: Something you don't usually think about, so it's nice they thought about it for.
Speaker 1: You, right, one hundred and one dollars holiday gas card. You can use that for whatever you want, for staff or for people who come to youth Link three hundred dollars High V gift card to keep the fridges stocked because I'm going to guess people come in and want pizza rolls and you know, diet doctor Pepper and things like that, so high Vs provide that and then everybody loves pizza. Everybody loves pizza. Broadway Pizza Company is going to give you an entire office pizza party. Two hundred dollars in Broadway pizza gift cards for you and everybody over there at youth Link Co.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's amazing time for a pizza party, for sure.
Speaker 1: For sure, it is for sure. So CO, thanks for all you do. We appreciate you and we just hope you have the best possible Christmas. And thanks for continuing to provide services for homeless youth over at youth Link Co. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You have no TIBN. Appreciate you all. This means a lot more than you guys can CO.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad we partnered with you. Guys. We really appreciate the partnership and we'll see you again next year.
Speaker 4: CO.
Speaker 1: All right for holiday, Yes, happy holidays, And that is one of those wishes where it's just different, and we're just happy to help people that again, you'll never meet them, you'll never see them. They will be thank without even knowing about you. But we appreciate all that we are able to do for Youth Link and for being a great partner for the past. My god, it's been ten years already. That's crazy. Little Christmas music for Christmas wish on Katie w b yan on Katie wb Well, we're just kind of screwing around this morning. We play a little game called the Fa La La La La Game, and you can play this the home version available at Games by James. But basically, you're going to call anybody on your in your contacts and you're gonna say deck the halls with thousand of Holly, and you're going to see whether they answer correctly. Fa La la la la, la la la La. I call my daughter Alison right now, Okay, and here we go. Well, yep, she's back at work, though that she may be at work, or she may be working from whom, but she'll play. She'll get it, she'll will get it. She'll play a lot answers if she answers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would be your big debut since the Hollister song.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, I'm gonna say no answer on all right, Jenny.
Speaker 5: You're up next, calling my mother because you know that's my mother. Yeah, she loves her play stuff to this.
Speaker 6: I get you.
Speaker 5: Deck the halls with bows of holly.
Speaker 1: There's our girl. Good good, good good good.
Speaker 3: Okay that she keeps going, Mom, that's all.
Speaker 6: We need us all get out of here.
Speaker 3: He took it too far, like I do all the time. All right, by mom, love you.
Speaker 6: Okay. I'm gonna just see if my sister answers. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I called my mom and I know she would, but I feel like it's cheating at this point.
Speaker 6: My sister's a teacher. She's not gonna answer. Dad. I don't know anybody who doesn't work.
Speaker 7: Hell.
Speaker 8: Deck the halls with bows of holly.
Speaker 6: She got it and you under water?
Speaker 8: No, I was just giving a voice.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you. I appreciate you playing.
Speaker 8: All right, you won bye bye bye.
Speaker 9: All right, I'm gonna call I'll keep the theme. I'll call my mother. She's probably at work, but we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Deck the halls with bowels of holly. You see, like you questioned it for two seconds.
Speaker 9: You were like, awesome, I love you.
Speaker 3: Everyone's like, okay, that's a lot.
Speaker 6: You guys have really scraping the bucket with the continent. At the end of the year, I.
Speaker 1: Can call intern shown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they would be off because they're an hour ahead of us. Okay, all right, gonna call. We're going running a circle. We're going around again. All right, Let's see if this lady answers, it's fally fally be. She might be at the Jason Show already. Hello, tack the house with bows of holly.
Speaker 1: You are so hot.
Speaker 3: Thank you for.
Speaker 4: Jenny doesn't other words. Okay, I'm gonna call Katie Cap. We'll see if Katie Cap responds here.
Speaker 3: She works from home.
Speaker 8: Al all right, we'll tack the halls with bows of holly.
Speaker 6: Mouth lord, when.
Speaker 1: Bye, Katie?
Speaker 6: You think our boss Rich would answer the phone.
Speaker 9: Let's see. Let's call him. You think you'd play along? He says, you're fired. Don't feel me now, Rich, deck.
Speaker 6: The halls with bows of holly. That's richest wife and his daughter. Thank you, guys, I win, thank you.
Speaker 1: By hey, I'm calling a powerful attorney, Jonathan Fogel Family Law. Let me see if you.
Speaker 6: Can get on the board here, Dave. Yeah, again, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If I got to get a win here.
Speaker 6: Ye keeps losing, We'll keep playing to he wins.
Speaker 1: Okay, then.
Speaker 6: Nobody loves you.
Speaker 3: Sorry, everyone's busy. They work. Apparently nobody that we know work.
Speaker 4: No, I'll call someone who I know is going to answer.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 6: Deck the halls with.
Speaker 1: Bows fall he didd you guys, play your own version of this one. Call friends at random, co workers, whatever God.
Speaker 9: Forbid in an emergent see because no one will ever pick up the phone.
Speaker 1: God no kidding. We'll come back. We'll do Dave's dirt to go coming up in a second. On kd WB and on iHeart Radio all over the world they see time for Dave's dirt On KD doubub let's get started. What do you got, Jenny.
Speaker 5: So there's some drama going on in the Beckham family. Basically, it came out that David Beckham and Victoria Beckham stopped following their their older son Brooklyn. But then the other son, Cruise, came to the rescue and said, uh huh, Mom and dad didn't stop following their son. Literally, Brooklyn blocked all of us, like they all spoke up one morning and Brooklyn went in blocked them. There's a lot of drama with Brooklyn and his wife and Victoria and David, just some stuff that happened at the wedding and stuff, and it sounds very petty. And I'm sure I don't know whose side to take because we really don't have a ton of information, but clearly that family doesn't get along.
Speaker 6: How like, uh, we have family beef. He had followed me. You know what I'm saying it like, it's weird what's going on here? Yeah? Very weird in general.
Speaker 4: Timothy Chalome is now featured on sd Kids track. There was a lot of talk going on about him being this guy that was kind of famous on TikTok for being a rapper who only ever shows his eyes, and his eyes matched Timothy Shalomy's eyes, so rumor went around that he was the same guy.
Speaker 6: They are not, so now they have been featured together. And here's the track for Misty Kids shall ceiling trying to stack a hundred million girls got a ballion with a.
Speaker 9: Little wonderful finline hinted a ceiling hinted Swincerland scene I'm living a dream getting the cream.
Speaker 1: I'm living on them.
Speaker 6: I'm doing them. Over the weekend, there was a boxing match.
Speaker 9: It was Anthony Joshua versus Jake Paul and here is I guess they call it the final call of Anthony Joshua knocking Jake Paul.
Speaker 1: F out man.
Speaker 6: I've already won in every single way.
Speaker 1: And here you go.
Speaker 6: Shot knows that much he's gonna puts all right now. Jenny is tall, Davis twenty one, hitch biceps. But if they did a boxing match, Bailey, who do you think would win of David?
Speaker 1: Jenny?
Speaker 6: Yes, Jenny really?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jenny could Like I feel like Jenny's legs are kind of like anaconda's where if they squeeze you too hard you will explode.
Speaker 1: Well, we're talking about boxing, not MMA.
Speaker 6: Well, she would find a way. Okay, she'd find a way. Bailey versus me, who do you think is winning?
Speaker 1: You are wiry and she is lazy? Yeah, so I would say you would win.
Speaker 3: Fink, you would win?
Speaker 6: Why I could tell you that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Does that mean wirey? You're quick? You're nimble?
Speaker 6: Oh to climb something tall?
Speaker 1: And then so it turns out that Matt Damon claims that he was offered a role in Avatar for two hundred and fifty million dollars. That seems excessive to me, even for a Matt Damon role. James Cameron says, uh, not true. We talked about if the offer was never even made. So I still love James Cameron, mostly because he did Titanic, but because he just seems like so amazingly creative. And he did Avatar, which I've never seen before, but I know it's like one of the biggest hits ever. So Matt Damon lied about being offered a role in Avatar safe face.
Speaker 6: I guess.
Speaker 5: Tom Brady shared something over the weekend that was kind of cryptic because his ex wife Giselle got married or at least showed her wedding ring or something to the new guy that she's been with. And Tom posted a photo of him in like some sweatsh that said Forever Young on it, and then he attached the logic song that has the mental health awareness. I think it's a suicide prevention specifically line to it, and that's what the song is called.
Speaker 3: So it was a weird song choice. After Jazelle for the first time posted.
Speaker 5: Something like that, and then he went ahead and he posted a song like that.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, it doesn't seem like he I think there were rumors that he dated Kim Kardashian since him and Gazelle broke up. But outside of that, it doesn't seem like he's been out there. He's decided to sit back and reflect my stead. Yeah, I like to sit. I can get deals from Holiday station stores personally, Yeah, seven dollars meal deal. It's a personal pizza and a drink for seven bucks. So go ahead and get that today. If you're hungry and you need something quick. You know what self care? Self care.
Speaker 4: Bon Yang is getting emotional because Yester or Not yesterday Saturday Night Live episode This past Saturday was his last episode.
Speaker 7: I just feel so lucky that I ever got to work here, and I just wanted to enjoy for a little bit longer.
Speaker 6: Especially the people.
Speaker 7: I've loved, every single person works here because they've done so much to me, especially my boss.
Speaker 5: Oh she is.
Speaker 8: Before I go, do you have any feedbacks for me?
Speaker 6: Well, everyone thought you were a little bit too gay.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? You're perfect from me?
Speaker 6: And that's all Ryegrata and share, by the way, cute.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Kate Winslet is looking back at a difficult chapter of her life. She said, I was a little bit stocky, and when I did start taking it much more seriously and I got a child agent. I remember vividly, a drama teacher. She said, well, darling, you'll have a career if you're ready to settle for fat little girl parts. She says, look at me. Now. That wasn't very nice, was it. It's appalling the things people say to kids. She made her acting debut at the age of fifteen. Is the fat girl. That's a joke. No laughs in the studio, but you know whatever, I take a chance here and there. She said that she barely ate from fifteen to nineteen years old, which is kind of scary.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I feel like that time too.
Speaker 4: I mean, Jenny and I grew up during that time, and that was rough because they were out here like saying, Jessica Simpson and Renee Zellweger.
Speaker 6: Were fat and they were not at all whatsoever. So that was yeah, weird to be alive, all right.
Speaker 1: That is a dirt brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. We'll be back for another magical Dave Ryan Show tomorrow with another Christmas Wish, the last Christmas Wish of the season. Thanks for supporting Christmas Wish, and thanks again to Holiday station stores and Treasure Island Resorting Casino and HIV and Broadway Pizza and Valvoline and everybody who was helped out with Christmas Wish. And we'll be back for another one tomorrow. Check out the Minnesota Goodbye. Kind of a fun one one. Nita has a rant today on the Minnesota Goodbye. Just look for Minnesota Goodbye on the iHeartRadio app.