Speaker 1: The quest for the free peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth fifth.
Speaker 1: This is world Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: Here we go again.
Speaker 5: We get right running back.
Speaker 1: To get in on the show called eight six six eight seven two five seven days and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you catch your podcasts. And now your host, here's Tim kakes Well.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers SAIV a mixed day in the Bronx. A day night double header saw them when the first one eight to two, plenty of offense. Yoshinobu Yamamoto was fantastic for a complete game, four hitter. He gets the win, his tenth of the year, and the Dodgers come back in the nightcap. It was gonna be tough with the bullpen game, but the Yankees were going with the bullpen game as well, and the Dodgers offensively. He just mustered four hits the entire game, not a lot of traffic on the base pass look like a tired team that was played in the second game of a day night doubleheader, and the credit of the Dodgers bullpen kept him in the game really the entire time. Even though the Evan Phillips solo home run gave the Yankees a two to one lead, is Dodgers still came up in the ninth inning with a chance to do something and just could not get to David Bednar. The Dodgers tonight again mustered only four hits. They had back to back hits in the third. They had a Miguel Rojas hit midway through the game, and then Tommy Evans pinch hit solo home run was the fourth and final hit of the game.
Speaker 5: It tied the game at one.
Speaker 2: Again a low scoring affair, It was one nothing until the eighth before both teams scored and the Yankees hang on a win by a final of two to one, but overall, still really an impressive weekend for the Dodgers, winning two of three. You're gonna look at the numbers, I know, and say, what has happened to Andy Pajez, What happened to Mookie Betts who did not have a hit in this series. Freddie Freeman struggled but despite getting on base with some walks, Yeah, the collective heart of the lineup didn't have a great series per se collectively, but the Dodgers still won two to three and lose a one run game on Sunday Night. Baseball says a lot about what this team it can do despite not having a lot of run production from the guys who are supposed to be driving in the runs, the Pajezes, the Freeman's, the Mookie Betts, who was zero for four again tonight. Kyle Tucker was zero for four tonight, hitting into a double play again the Dodgers see the bottom of the lineup. Alfonso edmund Rojas come through with three of the Dodgers four hits, including the only run score on the Tommy Edmond solo home run eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. The Dodgers again get two of three in New York to start the second half of the season, and now they head to Philadelphia for an important three game series. Now they're still eleven and a half games up in the division. The Diamondbacks one today in extra innings, so it stays at eleven and a half games. The Dodgers up in the NL West. Your goal into Philadelphia now for a three game series against the Fighting Phills, who are only three games back in the NL East. They have one of the wildcard spots right now, but you Looku's right behind them on their heels. There's like five teams fighting for one of those wildcard spots behind the Fight and Phills. So it is going to be a big series for the Dodgers, who are going up against really the heart of the rotation for the Phillies with Christopher Sanchez, who I know struggled right before the All Star Break and then didn't look great in the All Star Game, but still on eleven wins the first half of the season, Zach Wheelers ten to one with a two thirteen ERA, and then Aaron Nola who's really kind of had a bad year, but still Aaron Nola. It's going to be a fun three games for the Dodgers going to Philadelphia and then they head back to New York for a three game series against the Mets. We talked about this, I know David Vasse talked about it as well, right before the All Star Break. Dodger fans, it wasn't gonna be easy coming out of this break, starting on the road, nine games in ten days on the East Coast, two trips to New York with a trip to Philadelphia sandwiched in between a trip to the White House, also on an off day, and three teams fighting for the playoffs and could be all three playoff teams. This is a tough stretch for the Dodgers, and you gonna tell me they had a chance to sweep and still took two to three.
Speaker 5: At Yankee Stadium this weekend.
Speaker 2: Sign me up for that, and still holding on to an eleven and a half game lead in the NL West, so we can get into this series this weekend. What you saw from the Dodgers over these last couple of days. Of course, the rainout last night put the Dodgers in a double header today against the Yankees. But also we're getting close to the trade deadline, and you look at the standings and you look at what a month ago the divisions look like and the wild card races look like.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 2: There's only four teams that were over five hundred in the American League. The National League was by far the better of the two leagues. The Braves, the Brewers, the Dodgers the cream of the crop in all of baseball, and pretty much still are right now. The Brewers and the Dodgers. Brewers at sixty two wins, the Dodgers sixty three wins. But don't look now, teams have started to heat up. We saw what the Red Sox did going into the break, and they have continued that. They won all three games this weekend. The Red Sox win to the All Star Break winners of ten in a row, made that nine in a row. Now they just won four straight over the Tampa Bay Rays. They have won thirteen straight games and there's still six games back in the wildcard. But the Boston Red Sox right now, right there in the AL wildcard race along with the Mariners and the Orioles and the Twins. The point being, this is going to be a seller's market come August third and the trade deadline. The more teams now in the hunt, they are more team now looking around saying, maybe we have a shot to get into the postseason tournament. That's all you gotta give us, and we can get hot and we can go to a World Series. Albeit the Arizona Diamondbacks did it in twenty twenty three, got into the postseason knocked off. The Dodgers went on a heater and got to the World Series to take on the Texas Rangers. So all you gotta do is get in and see what happens. And right now you've got a ton of teams that feel like they have a shot come October, and they could add to their team, add to the rotation, add to their lineup a player or players, and it gives them a better shot at making it till October. So now you got more teams looking to buy and less sellers, so the price is gonna go up. But what exactly is out there at the trade deadline? I think it's interesting to look at which arms, which bats, which bullpen guys are going to be available at the deadline. I was listening to MLB Radio earlier today with Jim Bowden and crew, and they every week they have a GM show front off their show and they bring on gms and presidents and baseball operations from around baseball, and they talked to him and Alexanthopolis was on from the Atlanta Braves and he had a great comment and I'm paraphrasing what he said where he said, you could be talking to a team about a player and that player is okay, this is what we're looking at, this is who it might cost us to get that player. All right, this we're kind of looking at as far as the trade is concerned. And the guy goes three for four with a home run, Well, all of a sudden, that team the next day is like, you know what, asking price has just kind of gone up for that.
Speaker 5: Or the guy goes oh for four and all of a sudden, it's.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, look at this guy's struggling. You know, we're not going to give up as much as we thought to get that player. Looking he went oh for four last night with three punchouts. It can change day to day over the course of negotiation, and things get tighter and teams get squeezed a little bit more as the deadline gets closer and closer, this year being August third, and with more sellers out there, or more buyers out there than sellers, the market's just gonna go crazy. I mean, it's supplying demand. I wasn't an economics major, but I know supplying demand, and there's a lot of demand out there right now, there's just not a lot of supply.
Speaker 5: And you look at a couple of the arms that jump out at you.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants to talk about what the Detroit Tigers are gonna do. What is going to happen with Terry Scougle, Well, depending on who you talk to, They're not gonna make a run and trade them. They're gonna keep them and stay put. They've won seven of their last ten. The Tigers are, you know, thinking about it? Or four and a half games out in the wild card race? Can we get back into the race?
Speaker 5: Who knows?
Speaker 2: So if Terrek Scooble's off the board, what does that fall to? Obviously the next caliber starting pitcher, because there's nobody like Terror Schooble. Is Freddie Peralta going to be out there for the New York Mets. The Angels, in my opinion, could have two of the arms that teams are looking to get and read Detmers and Jose Soriano, a lefty and a righty, both under control until twenty twenty eight, so the Angels don't have to move them. But if it is a market right now where if you're selling, you can get a lot in return, maybe more than a month ago, maybe more than you could in an offseason deal. And you're the Angels the worst record in baseball. Yeah, I'd be out there saying, hey, read Detmers, he's available. Jose Soriano, he's available. Those two guys jump out right away. As far as starters that could be available at the deadline. Position players across the board, Yeah, you know Foster Griffin right handed with the Washington Nationals. Sure, but you take Trek Scoobel off the board, and let's just assume he's not being traded. For the argument's sake here, what else is everybody looking for? Who are they going after? Again, there's a lot more buyers than sellers eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. And if you're the Dodgers, take a step back. Dodger fans, take your panic goggles off and look where the Dodgers are. And it's not worry about Oh, do we need to catcher Will Smith's not gonna come back anytime soon?
Speaker 5: Do we need another bullpen arm?
Speaker 2: What about Tyler Glass knows those backspass Blake Snell.
Speaker 5: We assume he's gonna get healthy.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are sitting pretty had this conversation earlier today. Somebody asked me, Tim, what are they gonna do with the deadline? They need to catch I said, no, they don't get Dalton rushing hitting the bottom of the order. All you need to do is be a really good defensive catcher, and every so off and offensive we do something for you because you got to line up around him. That's the best in baseball. You don't need to go out there and make a move. Why oh we need are starting pitching. Last time I looked, you've got two arms and Snell and Glass now that are injured. Once closer to coming back than the other in Blake Snell. And last time I looked, he's won two Cy Young Awards. And if I were the Dodgers take a step back again. Trade deadline's coming up? Is there somebody better than a Blake Snell? Take Terry School out of this conversation. Is there somebody better than a Blake Snell that Dodger can go out and get. No, they've already got Blake Snell. He's right there making a rehabit start last night, gonna make three more and then come back and help ab out.
Speaker 5: This Dodger's rotation.
Speaker 2: That to me is a bigger move, potentially right around the trade deadline, then going out and get in another arm just for the sake of making a trade.
Speaker 5: Why you got Blake Snell.
Speaker 2: His addition is like getting a trade at the deadline. I'd rather have snell Zilla than somebody else via trade.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, what about another arm of the bullpen? Hello?
Speaker 2: Edwin Diaz is getting close to coming back, made two appearances in.
Speaker 5: Ontario with the Tower Buzzers.
Speaker 2: They're looking for him to pitching back to back games and show that he's healthy, and then he'll be brought back to the Dodgers to close out the games, to go along with Tanner Scott Alex Vesia.
Speaker 5: That's nine outs right there, folks. That looks to me.
Speaker 2: If Edwin Diaz is back healthy with Avesia and Tanner Scott, that's nine outs at the back end of a game. That's nine outs that you don't need your started to get because you've got three shut down relievers.
Speaker 5: Getting Edwin Diaz back here, let's skate. Let's say the.
Speaker 2: Next two weeks he gets back next ten days to two weeks. That to me is better than going out and get another bullpen armed for somebody just for the sake of making the trade. Again, take a step back, Dodger fans, who in a trade as far as a reliever is going to be better than getting Edwin da Is back in ten days to two weeks.
Speaker 5: Who I'd rather take Edwin Diaz come back from an injury.
Speaker 2: That also is like a nice trade and a pickup at the deadline. Edwin Diaz, thank you very much, Back into my rotation. Healthy Blake Snell back here right around the trade deadline, Thank you very much. Those are better than trades. You didn't have to give up any minor league prospects. All you had to do was write them both out on the injured list and they're back healthy and you got two arms.
Speaker 5: Just like that. How about that?
Speaker 2: Okay, key K a Hernandez, a guy who can play multiple positions, come off the bench.
Speaker 5: We know what he means. In September October.
Speaker 2: Who are you gonna find at a trade deadline that's gonna be better than that approven October baseball player like Keiky Hearnettez.
Speaker 5: Nobody and you're gonna get him back in a month or so, maybe less.
Speaker 2: Again, think about who's coming back from injuries and are they are better than what is available out on the trade market. Key K Yes, Edwin Diaz, Yes, Blake Snell absolutely yes, Dodgers are gonna be fine. The Dodgers are gonna be okay because they've got three guys coming back, two arms that are better than anybody. But Tarrek Scoogle out there again. We'll take Arry' school out of the equation because the Tigers may or may not trade him. I'll take Snell and I'll take Edwin Diaz all day coming off of injuries eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seven. We'll hear from Evan Phillips coming up in a couple of minutes. Get out to the phone, though, Shane and Autolonto. Last time I was at Autlanto was watching the High Desert Mavericks, like twenty five years ago. That minor league team is no longer in existence. What did they do with the stadium there at Autolanto?
Speaker 7: Shane, I don't.
Speaker 8: Know, but uh, I went to a couple of games, right, Amosphere, that was a long time ago.
Speaker 5: They're not even they're not even in existence anymore.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, I'm talking about Ontario. I went to the Ontario.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, all right, what's on your mind?
Speaker 7: Shane?
Speaker 8: Okay, hey, let me see if I can say this right. Doesn't the coaches have how they know how to teach play a pitch against in the middle. I don't like that. I know the coaches are really good, but you know, there's a game plan where you know where you throw it in the middle.
Speaker 9: Of the of the the bat. It's really not that hard to to me. You know, these one start from Phillips that are like right down the middle. Uh, hit the corner to left to right or whatever. But why is right down the middle?
Speaker 8: How come the coaches are not We're focusing on that to not throw it in the middle.
Speaker 5: All right, Shane, I appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure Evan Phillips is not trying to throw a ninety two mile in our fastball down the middle of the plate and say here, try to hit it out.
Speaker 5: Of the park Jaschism. He's not.
Speaker 2: He's trying to hit the corners. He's trying to work on location. Hey, let me tell you something, Shane.
Speaker 5: He made a mistake.
Speaker 2: He left one out there. You know what jazz Chism did made him pay. You know what we're not talking about. If jazz chishm pops out to left field and Taoscar Hernandez because he missed a ninety two mile an hour fastball over the middle, of the plate. We're not even talking about it a missed pitch, but hey, tip your cat to jazz chism blowpop.
Speaker 5: It all made Evan Phillips pay. And by the way, I.
Speaker 2: Was referencing to Alanto, where our last callers from the High Desert Mavericks played a ball in the California League at Mavericks Stadium in at Alanto from like nineteen ninety ninety one until about ten years ago.
Speaker 5: And I just looked it up.
Speaker 2: The stadium is still there, but it's used for like motorsports and festivals and swap meets and probably abandoned cars and whatever else they have out there. Coyotes to live in the different bathrooms. I don't know what it's used for exactly, but yeah, it was a minor league baseball team out in Adelanto, the High Desert Mavericks. There's an old documentary that came out called Minor League's Major Dreams. I have it on VHS somewhere. It's a documentary that falls around the ninety one or ninety two High Desert Mavericks baseball team.
Speaker 5: How about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're a baseball nerd, you want to watch that. I highly recommended cool behind the scenes of what minor league baseball was like in the early nineties eight sixty six, ninety seven, two five seventy. Dodges Baseball brought to you by Medello Midello, The mark of a Fighter. Let's go to Kenny and Santakarina, your next up on Dodge Talk.
Speaker 5: How you doing Kenny here?
Speaker 7: How are you doing, Kate good?
Speaker 5: How are you doing?
Speaker 8: I'm doing pretty well.
Speaker 7: I have a name that I think is available. Some people might not think so, but another Ale Central pitcher two first names, Joe Ryan. I think he might be up. He'll follow the the La vibes with his grateful dead kind of mindset out there. Originally being from Minnesota, I can tell you having the pole ads its owners, even if you think five hundred is like being up on the White Sox by ten games, like us, being at five hundred is like we were hanging the banner, especially during our time at Target Field. So don't trust the poll ads, even if the twin's going to run here and he's a great guy, and now that I'm married into the Dodgers, go Doyers and go Joe Ryan.
Speaker 5: All right, appreciate it, Thanks for checking in. Kenny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Twins, our team that is under five hundred. Now they've lost two in a row. They were five hundred right around there at the break. There are four games back in the division. As far as the wild card is concerned, they're only two games back. So we'll see if the Twins think about it, Colin. Was it last year that the Twins basically traded everybody but Buxton and Joe Ryan?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was last year.
Speaker 2: The deadline, it was like last man in the Twins clubhouse, turn out the light.
Speaker 5: They traded away so many players of the deadline.
Speaker 2: And how about that the Twins hovering around five hundred right there in the Al Central? About the Chicago White Sox lost like one hundred games back to back years, taking our guy Rock Schlowski, the number one pick overall out of UCLA fours up their first place in the AL Central. I don't know what that says about that division though. Those teams really just that bad. Probably probably eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the number. Evan Phillips tonight gave up a home run. Is the second outing in a row he has given up a home run. He gave up a solo shot the jass Chisholm in the bottom half of the eighth inning is our College Jason from Atlanto mentioned he wasn't trying to throw the ball over the plate. He wasn't trying to He threw a one to zer fastball right down the middle of the plate and jas Chism made him pay a home run off of Evan Phillips that gave the Yankees a two to one lead, and they go on to win the game by that same final score. Let's head back out to New York. David Vasse standing by with Evan Phillips.
Speaker 3: The pitch to Jazz. Obviously, that's not the outcome that you wanted. But as far as the execution, where were you trying to go with that fastball?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think I just went to a pitch where I had less room for air. You know, I'm trying to throw a strike a situation and get back into the count. And you know, Jazz likes the ball in middle, down, down and end, and it's trying to go away obviously, but just crept back to the middle of the plate somewhere he can handle it and you put a good swing on it. But I think I'm still just getting used to, you know, wanted pitching in games again. But spotlight that understanding. You know, there's other things I can do, other ways I can get them out instead of just you know, being having the passive mindset of just trying to get back into the count.
Speaker 3: How much ship that is part of the equation in the first four games back, just you know, the rest of not pitching for over a year in big league games.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, I think that's evident, right, ree haveb mindsets just to go out there and physically feel good. I tried to, you know, rewire that a little bit my final few games there and on my rehab stint, but you just can't simulate, you know, the major league environment, a major league competition. So yeah, I mean there's some things I can take away that I'll you know, be happy about, but certainly don't feel good about. You can the lost time.
Speaker 8: What are you thinking out there watching the bullpen game building up when everybody kind of keep them things so tight.
Speaker 10: It's my favorite, you know, watching all of our guys, you know, go out there one by one and just you be ready whenever called upon. I think you know, Alex was told to be ready early and then he dominated what the seventh So stuff like that is what really fires us up as a group. And to see us, you know, pretty much, you know, front to back do a really good job and keep our team in the game and give us a chance to win. You know, it goes this way sometimes. But really proud of all these guys. Brocked a hell of a job, kept everybody fresh for the series in Philly.
Speaker 2: All right, there's seven phillips and gave up the go ahead solo home run in the bottom half of the eighth inning. But as he was asked there, Yeah, he loves bullpen games because him and the rest of the bullpen dogs get to go out there and do their work, whether it's one inning at a time, two thirds of an inning, one out, whatever it's called upon for them to go out and do. Collectively. They went out and they did really good job tonight. They only gave up two runs, an RBI single in the first and then the solo home run at Jastism and that was it.
Speaker 5: A lot of zeros put up there, a lot of traffic on.
Speaker 2: The base bass, okay, there was, but a good job by the Dodgers bullpen collectively to get out of jams, get some outs, and then most importantly for brock Steed to come in there and lock it down with the bases loaded. Nobody out in the fifth Innian in a one nothing game. That game could have been busted wide open and the white flag could have been thrown up by the Dodgers in New York. Instead, strikeout, pop out, strikeout to Anthony Volpi, no runs across, keeping it a one run game.
Speaker 5: We'll continue here on Dodger Talk when we come back.
Speaker 2: More of your phone calls eight sixt six, nine eighty seven two five seventy Dodgers follow to the Yankees on Sunday Night Baseball two to one. Your final right here on Anti seventy LA Sports Live everywhere the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: M AM five seventy LA Sports be anywhere at any time and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 5: All love those things.
Speaker 1: Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: We're streaming online. We stream every game too.
Speaker 1: Come find it back to Dodger Talk A five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: The old one.
Speaker 2: Edmund swings in this one high in the ear to deep right field carrying back.
Speaker 5: This one is gone.
Speaker 2: Tommy had been with a pinshit home run and we are tied. In the eighth, Tommy tanks with a bomb the right center field, his second of the year, that tied the game at one. In the eighth, Inda his solo home run off Fernando Cruz. Unfortunately, the Yankees would come back with a run at the bottom of the eighth and they win it by final of two to one. Daniels Jelers presents the home Run Forecast. For your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card, Visit Anti seventy la sports dot com and use the keyword home run, enter your name and you could win. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. Dodgers lose the finale of this three game series, but they won the day portion of the day night doubleheader at eight two victory over the Yankees behind a complete game four hitter from Yoshinobu Yamamoto. Dodgers still take two to three in the weekend set.
Speaker 5: Can Newport beach my buddy? How you doing?
Speaker 9: Ken?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: Oh there? Tim?
Speaker 11: I took a bike ride and I can't figure out how to get home. Okay, I agree with everything to say. The Dodgers pitching is what's going to make them and when they got some of the best pitchers coming back, I understand. I understand also that some people aren't going to hit what they used to. Lookie's hitting, you know, one fifty five his last seven games, but he's a great fielder and he's important to the team. Here's what they don't get. The Oscar six for forty nine is last fifteen games. That's a one twenty two average with twenty strikeouts. Why is he in left field and Tommy Edmonds was hitting three sixty on the bench.
Speaker 8: What am I missing here?
Speaker 2: I think they're going to give Ti Oscar a lot more runway, Can I appreciate the phone call? I hope you get back home after your bike ride. It is dark out there in Newport Beef, so hopefully you got your light on your bike and you're able to find your way home. It's been a struggle bus for ta Oscar Hernandez. He was over the weekend against the Arizona Diamondbacks. He had just one hitting those three games against the Colorado Rockies last homestand what he have one hit against the San Diego Padres in that four game series at Dodger Stadium. It was a tough final home stand for Taoscar Hernandez. He came back Friday night, had a base hit when one for three, you know, fresh start second half of the season.
Speaker 5: But the weekend.
Speaker 2: Overall wasn't great for Taoscar Hernandez, and they've dropped him down to the seventh spot in the lineup. I don't know how much further you can drop him unless you put them all the way down to the bottom spot of the lineup. I can make a case, as you could ken to put Tommy Edmond out there every day in left field, certainly as a switch hitter. Doesn't matter if it's a righty or a lefty. But you got to have ta Oscar Hernandez, you know, producing, and you got to have him out there every day to try to figure this out. I think Dave Roberts is very loyal and he should be to these guys because they've won back to back World Series championships and if they're going through a rut, We've seen Dave stick with guys. It'll change the lineup and move you. He'll drop you down to the sixth spot of the seventh spot. Mookie bets we saw that a couple of weeks ago, right, because a lot of calls here on Dodger Talk, Mookie can't hit anymore.
Speaker 5: Mookie's falling off. MOOKI looks old.
Speaker 2: Well, MOOKI turned things around, and that was because he dropped in the lineup, got some better ab started to feel more confident the play.
Speaker 5: It's it's gonna happen with thea Oscar. I truly believe it.
Speaker 2: He looks a little lost right now, looks a little frustrated and flustered up at the plate, chasing pitches out of the zone.
Speaker 5: A lot of.
Speaker 2: Pitches that are that are just way outside, and he's getting swinging misses on and they're not even close to being strikes.
Speaker 5: I think he needs a zero back in.
Speaker 2: He needs to get right, see some positive at bats, and as soon as he does, I'm pretty confident he'll he'll get back on track. He's too good of a hitter, He's too good of a player to be in a rut for this long. He'll he'll turn things around.
Speaker 5: Him.
Speaker 2: What he does just another weapon in this Dodgers lineup, even if he's hitting seventh like he was tonight. Adam and win here, thanks for being patient. Welcome to Dodger Talk on this Sunday night. How you doing, Adam?
Speaker 6: Hey toom So, I was the biggest skeptical guy. I'm the Kyle Tucker signing him, and then everyone knows he's known for hitting into double plays. Yeah. I made a bit of my dad. Every time Kyle Tucker would hit it into a double play during the season, I would do ten push ups getting hit a double play all first half of the season until these last two games. I think that's just like a crazy staff for someone he's known for double plays. And then I think Tucker and Tay Oscar I know they're gonna turn it on at some point. Those are going to be the two biggest keys during the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, we'll find out, Adam. I appreciate it. Thanks for checking in.
Speaker 2: Certainly, the heart of the lineup tonight, including Kyle Tucker, did not have a lot of offensive production, and the Dodgers, despite that, still right there until the end, end up losing two to one of the Yankees.
Speaker 5: Blake there, he is my guy in Colorado. What's up, Blake? How you doing.
Speaker 12: Glad you have youta.
Speaker 4: You had a lot of people on today.
Speaker 5: Oh, the busy show. Here, busy show, Blake.
Speaker 2: A lot of people got in and we're excited about the Dodgers series in New York the start of the second half of the season.
Speaker 5: But you're my guy, Blake, I always get you on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what did you think about?
Speaker 5: What did you think about the series?
Speaker 12: A lettle disappointment. We didn't get to sweep, but we got you out a tree. We have to see what they do in Philadelphia and New York.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think this Philly series is gonna be big the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: This whole nine game road trip is a tough one and what a way to start the second half of the season. But you take two or three at Yankee Stadium, Blake, that's a good thing, a chance to get a sweep, and they were so close to doing that tonight, very easily could have won all three games. You take that, you take the positives, and you move on to Philadelphiahere you're gonna see really good pitching from the Phillies.
Speaker 5: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I have in Hi. I was doing some scouting this weekend watching the comments. Do you do you think we to call Alex Thomas off and trade call? And do you think we to get the cattle? Because that's backup catcher is not doing so well well yet.
Speaker 2: A first big lead hit tonight. He's you know, he's a good defensive catcher. He's a great guy to play in a game like tonight where you play a double header and you can't have dult rushing catch every game. Will Smith's not coming back anytime soon, Blake. Great to hear your voice, my friend. We're gonna keep movings moving.
Speaker 1: Okay, when when are you going to be on again?
Speaker 5: I'm back on on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Blake, check back with me on Wednesday in the finale of the series against the Phillies.
Speaker 12: All right, okay, talk to you Wednesday.
Speaker 2: All right, sounds good, my friend. Thanks to Blake in Colorado. Uh he did a little scouting there with Oklahoma City comments like that.
Speaker 5: Oh is he final call?
Speaker 2: Wrapping things up on this Sunday night as we get ready for a great week of great sports.
Speaker 5: To off of petrols some money both back tomorrow. It's not busy.
Speaker 4: Well that one to out three, But I have to disagree with you on something and they they had to say that the Dodge that give me a backup past I'm starving. You cannot you cannot prodress, you cannot trust Worth and which he's too emotional. He says, you know, they give me in veteran, they give me investering veteran catcher. I do agree with David and Dann and fortunately freed the Greek women on that. But but we yet it went two our three, So I'll take it. You know, I would have loved to seeing their play yesterday, but what can you do? So I'll take it. They diep got be failing now, and I don't know who's gonna be the picture on Wednesday. We'll worry about that then. But yeah, this take two our three in Philly, and then we can worry about we can worry about the next series. But I'll take it. But hey, the Yankees, all right?
Speaker 5: Is he all right? Let's stay positive shitting?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the probables for the three game series, Shean Robleski and Eric Law were gonna pitch in the three games there against Christopher Sancho, Zach Wheeler and Aaron Nole. Alright, that's gonna do it. For postgame Dodger talk on this Sunday night. Tough one for the Dodgers. They fall to the Yankees my final of two to one, but still take two and three in the Bronx and now they are on a bus chartering their way from New York to Philadelphia for a three.
Speaker 5: Game series beginning tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Well I'm wrong, because you know Dodgers on decad it all started at three o'clock in the afternoon after Petros some money, first pitch from Citizens Bank Park at four to five until then, many thanks to Colin Ye Thanks all you Dodger fans for listening, calling in being a part of the show, and of course podcasting as well. Dodgers fall to the Yankees, and the night portion of a day night double hitters still take.
Speaker 5: Two to three in New York. Now it's off to Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Have a safe rest of your Sunday night solo everybody,