Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and on demand on the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros, Papaday guests left school after sixth grade and the voice of the Bolts, not Money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show on the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: I don't crack use the under pressure.
Speaker 3: Chris Puss Puss every damn night.
Speaker 4: Booth Ball Boothball.
Speaker 2: A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.
Speaker 5: Dong Mey Yukes s Petros and Money A five seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You're home of the back to back world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. No spring training games will be played here. They will be played on the field and on the telly. But AM five seventy LA Sports will have our next Dodger game on Saturday.
Speaker 2: AA Dodgers. No, there's no Dodger games that don't get on air, and they will all be catastrophe.
Speaker 5: Now there are some that will not be on spectrum because they're on like the Apple TV or something or nationally.
Speaker 2: We at them all.
Speaker 5: But in spring training we get to choose which of these Dodger games we want a simulcast, And for whatever reason, this week we have chosen none Saturday.
Speaker 2: Though for Rogan, yeah, Saturday five oh five. I'm sorry, but I believe it is the clamoring Matt for the Rogan and Rodney Show.
Speaker 5: We love all our leadens. P would just like Dodger spring training baseball a little bit more, that's all. Even when everybody's gone, Even when we're running a split squad and there's no Freddie, Will, Mookie, Tommy, Edmund, Max Muncy, it's writer Ryan that's pitching and not River.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 5: Still gonna take that leading, Still gonna go ahead and take that leading.
Speaker 2: Well, if that's what you're gonna go ahead and do, you might as well go ahead and do it. Okay, but I don't make that We're not gonna do this has been scheduled talk. It's coming up right now after we play that. It's the top story of the day of it.
Speaker 5: You know something I was reading on the internet earlier, got up underneath my skin goes along these lines here, if fill in the blank, play.
Speaker 2: I don't like what anything gets under your skin a tall man. I don't like that at all. The old uh if pick a player did that, oh, the internet would milt?
Speaker 5: Or why wasn't it a big deal when they blew the fourth quarter lead? But when Lebron does it, he's the worst guy Evernet. When Lebron did it, it is endless. You can plug it into almost any NBA setting when it comes to the Lakers. And the funny thing is is for the folks that are trying to now full circle, come to the Lakers defense. This is the NBA. It speaks to the individual nature of the sport. There is a very political argument type of feel to it, a two party system approach. Don't worry about what we're doing here, imagine what they would do if they were here. Or don't worry about how we did it, because if they had done it, then think about how you would be reacting. It is just a non stop straw man argument and it's truly maddening. Now the NBA is puffing its chest a little bit because their numbers are up NBC taking the NBA away from TNT. The latest numbers say that when THEA and by the way, I'd like to point out the last three weeks the NBA has been sandwiched in between or is following a lot of Olympic coverage. So I do find the timing of their chest puffing very convenient, especially as it pertains to NBC and what was a wildly successful winner Olympic season for them.
Speaker 2: You don't think it's John Tesh.
Speaker 5: Well, they did have John Tesh show up and do the fake dribble and the round ball run, which I do appreciate.
Speaker 2: Now I'm okay with that. Do you think that's that's why the ratings are up. I could see it because NBC and Tesh. Or do you think it's because of the Olympic ski jumpers.
Speaker 5: I think it's yes. I think people want to see what that Poots looks like in that suit for them ski jumpers. I think they want to see Tesh's comb over, bouncing the air, basketball, hopping around on stage in a silk blouse, and they want to watch the NBA two point six million viewers on NBC. It is up ninety seven percent from what they had last year on TNT. But again, it's not surprising. We've got to pay for everything. All our live sports are behind a paywall now for the most part, and because NBC is free TV and TNT is cable and a lot of people are using streaming services, they've cut the core. There's no bundle anymore. TNT's probably not part of the package they have, so not all that's surprising. What I'm getting is the NBA is not dying now. It is not what Kobe Shack NBA and certainly not what Michael Jordan NBA were, but it has not continued to dry up on that vine as it had been the previous few years. ESPN and ABC are up, Amazon Prime, no surprise is down.
Speaker 2: Because the closer we get to the end of Lebron Levna, the more irrelevant Gabron lames it, the better the NBA product has to be. Well.
Speaker 5: I'm hopeful that the end of Lebron will put an end to what has become so tiresome when it comes to the NBA. I have my guy, not even a team, a guy, and I will defend him to the death. Lebron's sexuals exactly right, the two party nature of it. Well, if this were Kevin Durant, you'd be freaking out right now, And if this were picked somebody else, you'd be fart and confetti. The individuals don't belong to that look like they're all independent contractors. They all have their sect of supporters who mobilize and attack specifically when the media or an online anti player campaign begins to trend. So I don't know if that was a great fingernail sketch of where we're going with this, Maybe these details make some more sense to it. The Lakers are mediocre. They are not great, they are not awful. They're here, They're there, That's what they are. They were pretty quiet after their three game losing streak. They were humiliated by the Celtics. They lost on poorly executed final second play versus Orlando. It was a comedy of airs and missdefensive assignments to fall to the Suns again in the game's final few plays, basically foregoing good execution in the most critical moments. But hey, you take on a Golden State team that's reeling without step, you bludgeon them. On Saturday, followed by a contest that really was FATA compley more of an exhibition against the Kings the following night, and now the Lakers, all of their supporters, the assembled media, the shoulder programming, which is, I don't know, at lea least three or four well advertised podcasts are coming for you, coming for you because hey, Lebron's playing pretty well.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, well, I mean all you have to do is look at their schedule and you say, well, they're likely to win these games proom, so then we can expect prum.
Speaker 5: That's exactly right. P They point out, this was really JJ Reddick that was driving this bus yesterday. You know, I haven't had Lebron for eighteen games. Lucas missed twenty percent of the games this season. Austin Reeves has barely played in half of our contest, just thirty four. That is a combined fifty six games missed by our trio of all stars. And we're only two games back in the lost column from the three seed. And we got to take all this incoming. What about the Nuggets? Why not pick on? They're five and five in their last ten, four and seven in February, Joe gets shot just thirty percent from three They got beat by the same Warriors team the Lakers just destroyed.
Speaker 2: Why aren't you.
Speaker 5: Picking on the Nuggets. They've got the MVP of the league over there, and yet they're getting a free pass. I don't care about the Nuggets. The Nuggets are in Denver. That's up to Koa to talk about them and figure out if they want to flap their gums about Jamal Murray and they.
Speaker 2: Have sharp teeth when it comes to those.
Speaker 5: Nuggets, exactly right, or maybe they just don't care. It's very possible. One of it just Broncos year round.
Speaker 2: My man.
Speaker 5: We used to talk about the Broncos every day for hours on end, and the competition would talk about Nobody cared about the Nuggets. Nobody cared about the Abs, even when they had Joe Sackett and they were winning coach Zackic and Patrick Wall.
Speaker 2: Nobody cared. Well, Matt, I have to say, I know what you mean. I don't care about the Nuggets either. I don't care. I don't care about JJ Reddick deflections. Lebron hasn't played a full season in years. He's old.
Speaker 5: Luca complains about fouls. It's untoward and not enjoyable to watch. You Seenkic. Haven't you seen how much Jokic complains about files. But all everybody wants to do is just crown him the MVP every year. Well, yeah, because he's a really good player, and he's actually pretty fun to watch, and he's kind of a badass, and he plays really hard every single night. Oh and he does play every night as well, is the other thing he does. So maybe that's why a little bit of a tendency to act like a bitch a little bit. I'm not trying to act like a rotten I'm on Rodney Pete's side here. Well, it's okay to be on his side from time to time if you want to be. No, it's not, Uh, the Rockets. Everybody's everybody's crowning the Rockets. Now they beat the Wizards, the Magic, the Kings, and the Jazz, but they lost to the two playoff teams they played in that stretch, and yet everybody's putting a crown on them. You want to talk about Lebron not playing defense, Apparently you haven't been watching KD.
Speaker 2: That guy has played defense in a half decade. I don't care.
Speaker 5: We're not talking about the Rockets, just like we didn't talk about KD on the Suns.
Speaker 2: This is what your brother Saddana tries to pull on those jackasses in the morning. He tries to say, you guys don't know what it's like. I do NBA games, I travel around, I know what the.
Speaker 3: League is like.
Speaker 2: Is that what it's like. I sit here and talk about the Lakers, It's like, yeah because it's La.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because people barely care about the NBA as it is, and I don't give a good goddamn what Sengoon and freaking Kevin Durant are doing in Shuston. Now, if I with that guy that squeezed that chick's boobies in Boston and got fired and had to sit out a year before he was a head coach again, Doka exactly.
Speaker 2: Who's a good coach? A great coach? Now? Now listen, if I want to talk about the Middle American Conference, I'll do that right.
Speaker 5: College football is different, different animal.
Speaker 2: Now, if I want to talk about a basketball officiating, the difference between the Middle American Concert Conference reps and the Big Ten reps and how they try the MAC against the Big Ten and they get royally aft, I'll talk about that.
Speaker 5: Violence on the court, will always be welcomed on the best Rosy too.
Speaker 2: Also the basketball aggression, that's our duty.
Speaker 5: JJ Reddick has been accused of being a bad coach or doing a bad job, but everybody is quick to point out, well, such a bad job that they are two games back of the three spot right now, but they will not mention, well, yeah, but you're also two games up from the playing oh so kind of yeah, two games that way, but then there's also the two games this way thing.
Speaker 2: It feels like the Lakers are in a place where you could argue that the glass is half full or half empty.
Speaker 5: A lot of people are coming after Steve Kerr this week with Jonathan Kuminga having been traded to the Hawks, and he's lighting it up, and they're like, this guy doesn't know how to develop young talent. He lets Draymond run the team.
Speaker 2: What did he do?
Speaker 5: He inherited a near championship roster from Mark Ja signed Kevin Durant. Ever since then, it's been one issue after another.
Speaker 2: Draymond seems like the Billy Bob Thornton character in Tombstone that was ruining that bar, you know, the oriental Yes, he's just screaming, chasing out all the good business just there screaming, and everybody and wider had to go in and humble him and kick him out and pull him out by his ears.
Speaker 5: Exactly right, and throw him out. Feels like that's coming for Draymond.
Speaker 2: It feels like like he's become that what that Billy Bob guy was at the Oriental and Toombstone indeed, is what Draymond?
Speaker 5: Who is our wiader? Where might we find him? Who could it possibly be?
Speaker 2: This guy's chasing out all the classy business, comes in here, yelling, waving his gun around.
Speaker 5: JJ's the one, like we said, doing the bitching right now. And he's said, look, this is coaching one oh one right. Everyone's against us. You know, look at us, guys, the same number of losses as teams in the three seed. We've missed fifty six games from Austin, in In, Luca and Lebron, and everyone wants to come after us.
Speaker 2: Is he going to speak it into existence to the point where they'll actually beat teams they're not supposed to beat.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you brought that up before I get to that, though, I do want to point out maybe it is okay to take some shots at Lebron. In his back to backs, we have talked about this. He has played Warriors front end of King's back end back to back, Blazer's front end, Raptors back end of the back to back, King's front end, Atlanta Hawks back to back. He did not play against the Spurs after the Thunder in a back to back. He skipped the second game of a back to back when it was the Celtics. He also skipped the Spurs when it's the second game of the back to back. On January seventh, after playing the Pelicans in a thirty three minute thirty point eight rebound, eight assist effort in a blowout, Maybe you don't log thirty three minutes there and you save a little something for the Spurs. Uh, it's okay to call that out. Well, I don't feel that.
Speaker 2: I don't see what the point at all, just given those stats is. I don't. I don't. I'm not making my cherry picking. I'm not making any correlation there. What's the difference between playing the Celtics.
Speaker 5: And the Kings the Pelicans, here's a good thing you mentioned it be about their schedule.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're gonna find out who you are real quick. Oh, I'm afraid.
Speaker 5: We're gonna find out who they are in short order. The month of March is a perfect potpourie of crappy team followed by playoff team all month long. So if they hammer the Pelicans tonight, Pelicans in town, you do what you did to be Billy, Oh.
Speaker 2: God, it's going to be very awkward. And the chick Herd press road.
Speaker 5: You do what you did to be billy.
Speaker 2: You're a snake.
Speaker 5: You're a snake.
Speaker 2: You're a goddamn snake, and you know it. You're a deaf and snake.
Speaker 5: After they hammer the Pelicans Thursday, they get the Nuggets, right, they hammer the god awful Pacers on Friday. On Sunday, they get the Knicks Minnesota on Tuesday, then a terrible Chicago Bulls team, and then the Nuggets the Rockets twice in Miami. They will have to deal with the Pistons before playing bottom feeding Indiana and New Jerseys.
Speaker 2: Lebron scared of that, Isaiah Stewart, He's probably.
Speaker 5: Not gonna play play in that game now, Calves and Thunder. After that, Pistons will punch you, punch you square in it. He wants no part of that So let's see. If they just build up their record on terrible teams, puff their chest out and call us all a holes, and then losed games to the playoff teams, we'll know exactly where they are headed, regardless of what their final regular season record is.
Speaker 2: But how about not complaining about media coverage? Right, you're the Lakers. Everybody says this about us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you have Lebron James, Luka, Doncic and a hole for a coach, and you are the Lakers. I don't care what's going on with lou Dort and him being the dirtiest player in the NBA. It was really dirty. I'm so happy the brothers jokich one in the stance. I think they might have each grabbed like two limbs and just torn him in half.
Speaker 2: Not since medieval times. Such a terrible public execution.
Speaker 5: Put him on the rack. We don't care, and we do care about Jabron Lames playing against the Kings and a freaking back to back chasing another triple double?
Speaker 2: Did you see that they put the Serbian hobble on dirt?
Speaker 3: Do?
Speaker 2: I don't care. We don't care about the Lakers and their mediocre record.
Speaker 5: We're such simpletons.
Speaker 2: No doubt We'll be back with more simplicity. David Vasse, camel back rats popping off, what is the latest, the Dodgers always making news. Tight game tonight or in this afternoon against Cleveland and Goodyear. This is Petro Send Money to Mad Demand.
Speaker 5: Petro saying money and five seventy ely Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Our next Dodger Spring training broadcast will come Saturday, first pitch at five o five pm.
Speaker 2: As you're home of.
Speaker 5: The back to back World Series champion Dodgers. We do, however, have Dodger Talk all week long peak.
Speaker 2: David Vesey will be on top of it. He's got Daniel Hudson tonight plus all the latest and the nuances from the Dodgers spring camp, which is their first actual spring camp without you know, something weird going on. Well, I guess this year is kind of weird with the World Baseball Classic. But at least they don't have to go abroad. Especially David Vasse, that's our that's our concern. He is with us now live from Spring Training, the Home of the Dodger with an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the Vasse Report with David Basse, Bruce Springsteen, Baboovoo dolls, of course, light Rocky and John Travolta, not in that order. These are things that David Masse loves. The Dodgers fighting it out in Arizona today, Rookie Sasaki yanked and then reinserted. The hell of a deal man. Some people can do that.
Speaker 5: They give me a reseut real. You get it right back up and get a breath.
Speaker 2: Here, it's Davidse on your Southern California Toyota Dealers Celebrity Hotline with the latest. Are you concerned about Rookie Susaki? What was that day? It was kind of weird, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: In spring training they call that rolling and inning where they do want their starter or pitcher to get the work and if they're throwing too many pitches is in that inning, they can take him out of the game and then bring him back to finish whatever they were trying to accomplish in that start.
Speaker 3: So Roki Sasaki certainly needed that.
Speaker 6: He couldn't throw a strike in that first inning, gave up a grand slam, and came back in the second inning and was able to settle down and throw strikes and get three outs without giving up a run. But this goes back to what we talked about last week in his first start.
Speaker 3: Where he only went one inning.
Speaker 6: You know, you can say whatever you want, he's trying to work on something or he and his own words, he was happy that he just didn't get hurt, and it seemed like talking to the Japanese media, what he was trying to convey was that he was treating it just like a workout start. But at some point you've got to start easing concerns about who you are as a starting pitcher and easing concerns that when the season does start and you have that type of inning. The Dodgers aren't We're not going to repeat what they did last year where their bullpen was compromised in Sasaki starts and even in glass Now starts to begin the year last year that put them behind the eight ball. So that's the reason why you guys keep asking me about a name that you haven't heard of. There's a guy from the Oakland A's that's in camp that may make the opening day roster because of the uncertainty with Roki Sasaki, where Otani is, where Yamamoto is coming back from the World Baseball Classic. His name's Cole Irvin. He's a veteran right hander. Was with the A's and he may make the team coming out of camp, just to give them some coverage.
Speaker 5: Well, I know what we talked to you about Stone yesterday, Dave, But you know, we know a lot of the names that contender, Shean and obviously Landon Nak. But I think there is there like anyone else. Is it this guy from Oakland? Is it one of the converted relievers like our guy Casparius last year that gave him. Is it Robleski? Is it something like that that we might be keeping an eye on.
Speaker 6: Well, Robleski now is very much in the conversation because of the injury to Gavin Stone. So that takes him out of doing what he did so well the second half of last year, and piggybacking Otani starts doing something like that for Sasaki or any other starter. He very well looks like he's going to be part of the Dodgers' first five starters. Landon Nak, He's he's at a cross, you know, at a at a point in his career where you know, it doesn't look like he's going to be a viable starter for the Dodgers, So he's going to have to be one of those guys that shoveled back and forth. Bobby Miller now is viewed as a reliever and embracing that role. He just barely threw off a mound today, so the options are limited as far as that goes, and that's why Roki Sasaki needs to prove that he can be a starter.
Speaker 2: Is there a Gavin Stone Boner update? Anything new on the Showholder, I have.
Speaker 6: A Gavin Stone update for you, Petros, So I'm not sure about the other guy you just mentioned.
Speaker 5: Stone Bone Stone bone man, that's what it is.
Speaker 6: Dave Roberts said that Gavin Stone had an mri ct scan and it just showed inflammation.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 6: Whether or not that's just part of what it showed and he's not disclosing all of it. But nonetheless, it's a setback that's going to prevent Gavin Stone from being part of the starting rotation to begin the year.
Speaker 2: But not as bad as we thought, Like you know, inflammation is better than you know dis Look.
Speaker 6: I'll hold out judgment on at Petros. Sometimes we're told things that the full extent is not disclosed, so I hope it is.
Speaker 2: I hope has not been told. That's unfortunate.
Speaker 3: You never know.
Speaker 2: Let's see new favorite player, Dave.
Speaker 5: I did not see the game yesterday, but I saw the highlights of what was like a six hundred foot home run for Kidds. The third talk to us about I think he was part of a deal was that the Dustin May deal. They got this guy, and then I start poking around. He's a former first round pick. He looks like a man's man, like a real giant standing in that batter's box. Who is this dude?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've been talking about him since day one is spring training. He was part of the Dustin May trade and the Red Sox had a surplus of outfielders. He was part of the Rafael Devers trade. He was a first round pick out of Florida State, and certainly is the guy that has a lot of confidence in himself and is going to start the year triple A and maybe the first position player outfielder at least that is called up if somebody gets hurt in that outfield. So he's closer to a finished product than host Wade, Depaula or Zayir hope and being a college baseball player from Florida State, A guy that has already been traded twice before making his major league debut is something you don't see all the time, but certainly is valued. If he was taken in the first round and was part of the Dever's trade, and the Dodgers may have pulled off another type of steal of a trade if he pans out to be at least a fourth outfielder.
Speaker 2: David Vesse Tonight, Dodger Talk Hast Daniel Hudson. The Dodgers don't have big problems because they have so many great things going for them, but also they have such weighty expectations they have to win it all or be a disappointment. So that being said, Dave, moving into these moments of getting the season started, how concerned are you about how thin they are with the starting pitching. How big of a deal is this to start the year out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not as deep or ideal as you thought it would be when you go into opening Day, but obviously the Dodge care more about their starters pitching their best when it counts the most. But look, you can't take it for granted. The first half of the season.
Speaker 3: I mean, you look back.
Speaker 6: At last year, the Dodgers lost all six games to the Angels and would have had home field advantage in the World Series if they would have won.
Speaker 3: Just one more game last year.
Speaker 6: So for the whole Eric Carros narrative of oh it's early, you know the wins don't matter as much in April as they do in July and August, Well, they do matter, and you can't take that part of the season for granted. So it's not ideal, but hopefully Yamamoto and Otani come back from the World Baseball Classic feeling strong to start the year with no setbacks.
Speaker 5: With a return of Tanner Scott, with the addition of Edwin Diaz. What does it do to the bullpen, to some of our World Series heroes, unexpected World Series heroes Dave, like Jack Dryer, like Will Klimb, and how do they all slot in?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean Jack dry and Will klin are going to be part of this to start the year, and it just takes Honestly, it's not about Diaz and Scott. It's more about the starters. Where it seems like the spring rotation is in a place where you can hope that they would give you deeper starts than the majority of last year, and you don't have to tax guys like Dryer and Will Kline.
Speaker 3: What it does set up.
Speaker 6: Though, is Dave Roberts, for the first time since Kenley Jansen was the Dodger closer counting out backwards, having a guy like Edwin Diaz, and that just seems to free up Tanner Scott to not have the weight of the contract, the weight of the pressure of being the Dodger closer, to be able to look like the guy that we saw in Miami and San Diego. And then you got Alex Vesia coming back after not pitching in the World Series. He's looked like Alex Vesio so far this spring. So the Dodger bolt, in my opinion, with the bounce back season from Blake Trining, who is in a much better place with his arm than he was all of last year, to me, could be the sleeper really good part of this team.
Speaker 2: David Vase, is he paying attention to Team USA? They bludgeoned the Giants, beat the snot out of them. That guy Romany, the twenty one year old from the Red Side, Roman Anthony Okay, Well, what are we doing there, Dave? You know, we got to be pretty excited. He set that alarm to watch curisaw.
Speaker 6: No, I'm locked in Dodgers Dodgers Guardians today. I just saw the highlights of the Anthony home run. That's all I saw of it. That's all I saw that game.
Speaker 5: All right, you didn't see Goldies hit because Goldie had a hit.
Speaker 2: Very I missed that one.
Speaker 6: I'll look at the replay. Maybe all DVR the games moving forward.
Speaker 2: It's a good idea, Dave. DVR, like David Vasse report, like, you're gonna watch the whole thing very closely. Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you guys are gonna want me to break it down every day.
Speaker 2: And guess who's coming up next?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 2: Yes? Then why does he like it more than us?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: Like, The consensus around the snarky social media is that Aaron Judge's inspiring speech fell flat to Team USA.
Speaker 5: Well, they hung fifteen on the Giants earlier, Dave, so it certainly seemed like it inspired them.
Speaker 2: Barstool said that this speech by Aaron Judge will inspire you to take a brisk walk.
Speaker 6: Bet MGM said it was bottom five speech of all time.
Speaker 2: Wow, bottom five of all time. Look, the Patino speech in any given Sunday isn't real, okay, but.
Speaker 5: The one in Teenwolf is yes, and the one in Hoosiers that's right.
Speaker 2: I love you guys.
Speaker 6: How about Rocky Balboa on the streets outside of Adrian's trying to inspire his twenty somethings Son, and.
Speaker 1: You're sacrifice with the brothers in the treasure with here sing the day.
Speaker 2: That's what thing I want us to do nowhere down beat up a little bit man, man, you know, Len, We're gonna lay it on the line. Can we do that?
Speaker 6: Nobody's bringing into anybody in the World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 3: They're gonna shut it down. Judge.
Speaker 2: Mike Crotcher's on fire after hearing that. We love you, Dave, have a great night. Looking forward to Dodger Talk with Daniel Hudson.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, guys, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: David Best.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 2: Coming up next, we have entertainment.
Speaker 1: News Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 2: This is Petro Send Money on demand.
Speaker 5: Petro Saying Money five seventy alight Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio IPIG. Thank you to David Vast say no Dodger Spring training game here on AM five to seventy tomorrow, but we will have it on Saturday, Dodgers Rockies with the first pitch at five o'clock.
Speaker 2: Matt, you know, as your show of rack heard for eighties nostalgia, eighties and seventies cartoon nostalgia. I mean we go, we go back to the thirties in the world of cartoons, Matt. That's how the depth and breadth of our cartoon knowledge is unparalleled in sports talk radio.
Speaker 5: In this world, you want politically insensitive cartoons from the fifties and earlier were the place, even war propaganda cartoons, any kind of car like, we love deliver it the two I mean, from the Wacky Races to Scooby Doo.
Speaker 2: We have cartoons for you, and we get very unhappy, especially I mean, I'll say it myself, I get very unhappy when the cartoons of yesteryear are brought back and bastardized. I don't care what you do AI with the Smurfs and some dumb movie. But he Man really upset me that what Kevin Smith did to he Man, making it not about he Man at all, but about Tila Right and her friend. It was.
Speaker 5: It was a storyline that we see cut could not have envisioned.
Speaker 2: It was not a storyline that I was looking for.
Speaker 5: I wanted more man at arms action. If you're gonna go down that path they made. They made all the Prince Adam man at arms, all the men we grew.
Speaker 2: Up loving and rooting for in the he Man saga over the years, all the homoroticism of Swall asks what we want and Fisto and all those guys, all of it was gone. All of those people were humiliated in crying heaps. And who's the star? Tila and her friend who's also a muscular woman with a severe haircut.
Speaker 5: Not what we signed up for. If you want to do that, No, it's not what I was Tila. You licensed Tila, give somebody else he Man.
Speaker 2: Don't say he Man is back, say he Man inspired Tila's story, severe haircut? Tila right? Because it was horsecrap.
Speaker 5: But you do have Masters of the Universe coming out in June.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the live action and I'm not I don't. I saw a trailer for that and it looks like a flop as well.
Speaker 5: Jared Leto is playing Skeleton exactly.
Speaker 2: According to Deadline, Matt Paramount Studios is in early development, Yes, okay for a project to make a G. I. Joe movie.
Speaker 5: But now we've had this before. Yes, we did with the Rock, Yes, did not go well.
Speaker 2: There was the Snake Eye spin off. Yeah, a throwback style eighties style action film quote unquote is what they're saying that stays true to the spirit.
Speaker 5: We can get behind this of the animated series. Is it going to be animated or is it going to be live actual?
Speaker 2: Going to be live action? But the nineteen eighties G I. Joe animated series played as unapologetically pro American patriotic. Laser up your ass, Cobra.
Speaker 5: Nobody dies, You just get lasered pretty hard.
Speaker 2: People right on the border of day, right on the brink. The Joes are framed as clear cut heroes protecting our country from Cobra's chaos, a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world. When Cobra and doctor Mindbender whatever tries to put together all the DNA of all those sun su and all those guys his Cohn to create Sir Pantor who stops him? Sergeant Slaughter actually doesn't stop him, but he's there to.
Speaker 5: Try he's there with his forearms. G I Joe is there, Harry forearms.
Speaker 2: The vibe was classic Saturday morning eighties action. Bold characters like.
Speaker 5: Are we gonna get voiceovers?
Speaker 2: Like this organization? I would like to hope so gotta be? I mean they're got I need an Ara one Gi Joe will, great characters like snow Job, like Flint, like Lady Jay, like Scarlet, good versus evil, and a clean, kid friendly sense of heroism that always circled back to doing the right thing and letting Cobra get away so we could have another.
Speaker 5: Episodetainly, there was a moral at the end of each episode. There was a lesson to be learned.
Speaker 2: You know, when people have rights to a movie, they put stipulations in it, like you can make my movie and I'll sell it to you, but but my daughter plays ponelo Pe, you know, like one of those like the characters must be played by my daughter, you know, or something like that. If this was our movie, which is not, I feel like it should be, because that's how passionate I feel about the eighties cartoon which runs twenty four hours a day on YouTube and you can just watch it and pick it up in any of the storylines like the surparentib Oh, yeah, it's wonderful. If I had a say, if I was going to be like, you could make this movie, but but this person has to be cast, okay as this gi Joe guy, and it wouldn't be about me. I wouldn't want any residuals. It would just be about to do the right thing. Casting Dave damashek as Shipwreck.
Speaker 3: I'm running away from home.
Speaker 5: My parents are me.
Speaker 3: Will you good?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, but I'll show him. That's right, You'll show him how I mean, you can be race.
Speaker 4: Isn't it better to try to solve problems instead of running away from him?
Speaker 3: I could try talking to my parents again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tell him how you feel and remember running away. He's nowhere now I know, and knowing.
Speaker 2: Is half of that Joe. And it's very interesting. You know, people thought that it was going to be Pat McAfee, sports talk radio guy breaking into the Hollywood Ashuley he's hiring an agent, and guys like Travis Kelce, you know, Taylor Swift's boy toy hiring an agent, getting involved in Hollywood. But it was Dave damashek as Shipwreck. In the live action G I Joe BOVI Sports Talk. Yes he he edge them out photo finish damasheck, buy a chin get behind that as shipwreck. All I had to do was paint this tattoo on my chest.
Speaker 5: Pally nice bike.
Speaker 3: Maybe we could borrow it for stealing, all right, for permission later.
Speaker 4: It looks like you're asking for trouble. Now, how would you like it if someone took your bike?
Speaker 2: I would I would like.
Speaker 5: If you get caught, I definitely end up the truck going now.
Speaker 4: I remember taking something that isn't yours, just isn't right. Yeah, I know, and knowing is half the battle.
Speaker 2: GI Joe. You know you want Aaron Judge to inspire people like we were talking to David Vasse in the last segment. Maybe you get him on that twenty four to seven G I Joe nineties loop that'll do it or YouTube loop eighties loop. G I Joe did make it to the nineties, but man, do I love G I Joe. It did make it to the nineties, but it got all fluorescent and dumb. GI Joe. Coming up next another hour of great sports Talk.
Speaker 5: M