Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Patrick Morton. Sure here we are seven or six. Vike's lost, but everybody else won, I mean the wild one and the Wolves one. Rudy Gobert had a big game, according to Ant Rudy Gobert.
Speaker 1: Yes he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, five blocks for Golbert, Yeah, twelve rebounds, nineteen points.
Speaker 1: He was nine of ten.
Speaker 3: That's the Rudy we need, yep, which means those weren't eighteen footers.
Speaker 1: Those are dunks and layups. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're real tall. Just stand there and put the ball.
Speaker 1: In the hole exactly.
Speaker 3: Don't ever, yeah ever, shoot from beyond about two field way.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, get him the ball above his shoulders. Yep.
Speaker 3: And then Rudy, don't ever dribble, Nope, don't try and make it go Bert?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. And how about this Marcus Johansson. I had to like, I thought, maybe this is a misprint. You how many games he's played in in the NHL A thousand, a thousand games?
Speaker 1: No, I can't.
Speaker 3: I mean, it feels like a long time, but also it's flown by at the same time, so it's kind of weird, but very grateful for it and fun to share with you.
Speaker 1: Guys in here.
Speaker 2: Has he been in the league since the fifties?
Speaker 3: Saw, it's approximately how many Let's just assume he's played full seasons. Approximately, how many seasons has he played? It's a good question, Yeah, asking about that.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is who we're talking about, Mark twelve and a half. Not a bad guess. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Thanks, here's my guess.
Speaker 4: That's funny every time, every time. It's so good. You're probably gonna get sued for playing that slammer. But that's a great tune.
Speaker 2: It's worth it. Yeah, it's worth it to play that piece of comedy.
Speaker 5: Gold.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: This is Camp with Chris Hockeys, presented by the twenty twenty six i HF World Junior Championship.
Speaker 2: Tell me about it, bout it.
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 7: Right, hold on, you can't feel that. You can't feel him behind you right now?
Speaker 1: Presence? Yeah daddy, Yeah daddy. We have so many studios.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, zacho directo.
Speaker 1: Hi everybody.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's coming up fast World Juniors m N two six dot com. There's some great volunteer opportunities. We have to be a part of this wonderful event. Well, you get some nice benefits. Let's just say that yes, oh good, pretty good, bends Benzinos.
Speaker 7: I have a feeling that's that that question right there? What you just did? Hawk, Yep, you could do one of those men on the street things. And I bet you'd fool a lot of people if you use the word volunteer and then ask me how much you would get paid.
Speaker 1: How much do you think you should get paid for that?
Speaker 7: I think people would just gloss over the fact that it's a like volunteer, right, and they'd actually ask you or be like, no, I think that I should be paid twenty bucks, Rosie.
Speaker 1: That's basically what happened to the intern program here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh mom, everybody, I like your shirt us Yeah, I mean, holy like matches your nation going on?
Speaker 1: Always colors? Get up? Did you take this right off the mannequin? You got to put your foot together? Okay, I guess so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to get my fit together.
Speaker 1: You look great, thank you?
Speaker 3: And your shirt in your head match your skin tone even to camouflage. Yeah, I don't know where you you know what again? In your shirt ends versa hat. Your shirt and your teeth coffee teeth baby, Hi, Muslin must and I hung out together.
Speaker 1: We did. I was so happy that you showed up.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: We were at the vf W and Sello with Jared not.
Speaker 1: Let Oh what if yelled at you Johnny Randall, Johnny Radold.
Speaker 2: Yep, he's there, man, forget out four.
Speaker 1: Straight days and it was a blast.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's the best. I don't think he's going to return to text now for a little while.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's on a break.
Speaker 1: Yeah you should. Yeah, makes the heart grow fonder.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's see, you know, I just really want to talk about the vikings. I can tell you about the news, but it's cold outside and things aren't great, and there's the news. All right, thank you Vikings. Here we go, all right, Ben. Earlier in the show, I was reading these guys some stats from some overall fantastic Hall of Fame quarterbacks when they had their fourth game in the NFL. For instance, I mentioned Steve Young, I mentioned Marie. I mentioned Brett Farr, who was not great in his first ever or his fourth ever game as a quarter back in the NFL. From what you're seeing out of JJ, are you thinking that we're seeing the normal growing pains for a young man who was on his fourth start in the NFL. Do you think he has the goods and we're just got to give him a little time to figure it out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I'm not. I'm certainly not pressing any alarm buttons here. I mean, yeah, I went back and looked at I mean, look at Peyton Manning's first year stats as a rookie. I mean they're they're horrible. I think he threw what five more interceptions and needed touchdowns. A lot of a lot of rookies look this way. It is more it's more of a non to have guys like c. J. Stroud and Daniels go out there and perform them the way that they have. So, you know, Drake May was pretty awful last year. Now he's lighting the world on fire. And I'd love a complete one eighty from this year to next year. But it's a different game. It's a different it's a different caliber of athletes, it's different timing all of that stuff. It's it's a hard game to translate college football into what the NFL is, and every guy goes through it, and some guys, unfortunately, it takes them several years to figure it out.
Speaker 1: So am I pressing the panic button?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: But I still need to analyze the game as such, and I can't. I personally can't look at the game and be and throw up every loss to like, well, rookie quarterback, Yeah, that's part of it. But to me, again, it was it was the decision making that I didn't love. It was the presnet penalties I didn't love. It was our defense not being able to take the ball away I didn't I didn't love, although our defense played well enough to win. I think despite all that, I think there's other factors in this game that make it an annoying loss versus, oh, this is just normal growing pains. We're going to go through this with a rookie quarterback. The other factors that we can control is where we failed and that and that sucks.
Speaker 2: Check this out. Peyton Manning fourth start of his career the twenty seventh of September nineteen ninety eight for some New Orleans. The Colts lost thirteen to six. He went nineteen for thirty two for three h nine, one touchdown, three interceptions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's a lot of yards.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of yards.
Speaker 1: You're guessing.
Speaker 7: You know, what's what's behind those three interceptions is a bad decision. Making like like I feel like that we saw with JJ. You know those two interceptions. I know that they kind of work like punts. I know that we want to throw that out there, like okay, I mean the first one's like all right, you know, I guess that's just a pun. But the third and one you can't do that, even if JJ stays on his feet. Why throw a fifty to fifty ball on a down in distance that's actually I think it was less than a yard. I think they said it was third and one. It looked like it was less than a yard. So, but is that on JJ then or Koc?
Speaker 3: Because that was the call was to isolate one on one and go deep to JJ because they were going to go forward on fourth if it was incomplete.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's the said in the press or afterwards, right.
Speaker 3: So that is that more on Koc or McCarthy then, because that was the play to vomit?
Speaker 7: I mean, I would have liked to see just a straight up if you're going to go forward on fourth down anyway.
Speaker 1: I mean, again, why the fifty to fifty ball.
Speaker 7: I think that if you look at the percentages, either it's a different type of pass play or it's just a run play and just move just and then if you fail and you're going to go on fourth anyway, like you're telling me that our quote unquote rebuilt offensive line can't get less than a yard.
Speaker 2: Here's what CAMC said the third one.
Speaker 9: I mean that ball's already left his hand when Justin and Humphrey's feet get tangled up. Things like that happen in football. And I'll take Justin Jefferson one on one down the field in zero coverage, you know, as much as we can possibly do it, especially when you're gonna have the ability to then take that shot and then with the field position we're at, go, you know, go get that yard on fourth down.
Speaker 2: Here's JJ on the same play, zero.
Speaker 10: Coverage, one on one, and I have the greatest receiver in the world, so I don't care who it is out there. I'm going to give him a chance.
Speaker 1: And you know, I didn't see him fall.
Speaker 10: It's just one of those things where you know he catches it and it's great, he doesn't it's incomplete, or it's an interception and it's a punt. You know, there's different things where that could lead to that outcome. But ten times out of ten I'm gonna give him a shot.
Speaker 8: Guns n' roses, Yeah, be nights song patients what everybody has to have, Yeah with JJ McCarthy. But here's the thing that I'm wondering about, and you'd be better at doing this.
Speaker 1: It is like breaking down film and stuff like that. And KOC is.
Speaker 8: He like, is it a platform thing for McCarthy with some of these saled balls as he's moving out when he moves he does not really have the greatest accuracy, especially when he's rolling out where he's scrambling out of the pocket.
Speaker 1: But is it? Is it platform?
Speaker 7: Is it arm angle?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 8: Because I mean he is missing by a bunch. I mean it wasn't he close on a lot of those shows? And I mean what twelve targets just four receptions for jets, I don't know, and then all the batted balls as well. It just feels like there's there must be something to what he's doing and how he releases the ball that that maybe can be correctable.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm I certainly am no quarterback guru, and I couldn't tell you fundamentally how to fix things.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: It's much like a pitcher. It's like I don't. I don't know all the nuances of pitching and throwing mechanics. I honestly don't think that the outside the pocket throws.
Speaker 1: I think that's very correctable.
Speaker 7: I think that's just a matter of like as much game simulation as you can get, being juiced up, you know, trying to make these throws in real time.
Speaker 1: I think that just takes time. You know, it is.
Speaker 7: Concerning because if you're gonna miss, I don't want you to miss high because that means it's overthrows well hospital balls, and then it's it's bigger, bigger possibility for for takeaways and turnovers and interceptions.
Speaker 1: So I don't love that.
Speaker 7: I think I'd rather like see him throw it in the dirt where nobody can get it. But I think when it comes to the tip balls, it seems concerning. But I think at this stage of your career, to change, to change your arm angle, it's one thing to every once in a while. We saw yesterday with Lamar dropping your shoulder down and throwing a side armball. That's a lot of people can do that. That's just like you use. That's just a tool use every once in a while, based on game situation. But to change your arm slot, I don't know, man, I don't think you mess with it.
Speaker 1: I think you. I think you.
Speaker 7: I think you work on the lower half fundamentals. It's like how many coaches try to change Philip Rivers, you know, when you're twenty two years old, going to be twenty three years old for him in January? Is that really something that you can just fundamentally change, Like, No, that's just his throwing mechanics.
Speaker 1: It is what it is. Now find a way to figure it out.
Speaker 7: I mean, he is, what six' two sixty, three probably shouldn't be having bad at balls at that, height you, know with the frequency he. Is but look At Baker, mayfield look at some of these shorter. Quarterbacks they find a, way given their short, status to not have bad, balls bad at the line of. Scrimmage and you know, what if that's what we have to live, with that's what you gotta live. With you gotta find other ways to be. Productive SO i really don't think it's one of those things that you press the alarm and, say this whole offseason we're going to change his. Armslot good, luck because it's like we got to work on other fundamentals when it comes to, footwork which you can change much, EASIER i, think from like a mental foundation than your arm.
Speaker 8: Slot and as a, fan it's just frustrating to watch him like throw an absolute dime to nailor not only that sixty two, yarder but then also the touchdown as, Well and then then you, see, well.
Speaker 7: Don't forget about the touchdown THAT jj. Dropped, yeah that, throw, YEAH i mean that was a great. Throw is it a challenging throw because you see, color you see, Safety you got to you have a guy in your, back and then you see a safety in front.
Speaker 1: Of you got to make that. Catch AND i, mean you want to.
Speaker 7: Be the best of the, world you gotta make tough in traffic catches like that on a fastball down the. Seam that was a great. Throw that changes a little bit the complexity of the game and how we feel ABOUT jj when he throws a dart like that and that should have been a.
Speaker 4: TOUCHDOWN i think the other thing been to your point and everybody's point is what you do with the his arm angle and all that is, Whatever BUT i think there has to be at some point the things that are easily correctable not to Quote Christian, ponder but just the speed at which he throws the. Ball you clean that up and there's like four or five more receptions that are probably first. Downs Like brady said in the game he did two weeks, ago not every, one not everyone has to be a. Fastball if you could throw a few change ups in, there that changes the whole, Game that extends. Drives there's more chances at. Points there were so many times where it's just, like, dude he's six feet from. You you don't need to throw it one hundred and ten miles an. Hour you change. THAT i think they see some more sustainability on the.
Speaker 7: Field, YEAH i definitely think that that has been a theme that they have talked about from the time that he's gotten, here is layering the. Football, yeah and you know we Saw, LOOK i think if you want some, optimism which we all should have some optimism because, hockey as you're laying out this is this is his fourth.
Speaker 1: Start you, know there's THERE'S.
Speaker 7: I, mean we're going to go through a bunch more games this, season and we they walk away from the season and be like we saw some, good we saw some. Bad we don't really know what we saw to this, guy but every snap is. Invaluable so case in point is that the player that we talked about and we saw, Yesterday Lamar. Jackson Lamar jackson has been fighting this this this narrative that he can't throw the, ball he's not a great. Passer well what is he like leading the league now and pass? Efficiency and you know it's TIME. Mvp you, KNOW i know that McCarthy is not the athletic quarterback That lamar Jack Lamar jackson, Is but you're telling me that guys can't fundamentally work on their game and improve every single. Year And Lamar jackson the last couple of years has been a candidate FOR mvp because his ability to be a dual threat, quarterback the fact that he can run and he can throw the. Ball And Lamar jackson also had the narrative that all he threw were. Fastballs SO i know that we live in a very tunnel, vision small world. ANALYTICS i talked about it last, week every game as six percent of the, season and so that's why it feels so magnificent wins and, losses and, yes we can be frustrated about throwing this game.
Speaker 1: Away we gave The ravens that. Win that's.
Speaker 7: Frustrating but to sit here and in this moment in time be, like, oh we're going to be hyper critical OF jj. McCarthy i'm not here for. That i'm not going to do. THAT i expected this to happen for the first. YEAR i don't expect us to jump off sides eight. TIMES i don't a. Cadence, YEAH i don't expect us to false start eight. TIMES i don't expect us to lose a football and a kickoff where you basically hit the butt of your own, player you, KNOW i don't expect our defense to not take the ball. Away, like those are the things that like are so frustrating that we can break. Down but as far as like WHAT jj McCarthy's, Doing, LIKE i like a lot of things that he's. DOING i love the fact that he's fearless, Man like you want quarterbacks that are. Fearless, YEAH i love the fact that he's fearless.
Speaker 2: And that nailor throw down the sidelines on the first. Drive holy, balls it's.
Speaker 7: Perfect and the thing, is you, know you can rip you can Rip koc for going on third and one in a deep shot and all this other.
Speaker 1: Stuff but you look at.
Speaker 7: Conceptually, okay take away some of the throws that McCarthy. Missed he's sailing the ball. Inaccurate are those guys open one hundred? Percent they're? Open so are you? Mad would you be mad if those are? Completions all of a, Sudden you're, like how does he design these plays where these guys are open all the? Time Naylor's naylor's big pass play was because we run a phantom pick By ja and he runs it perfectly so he doesn't get. Called so it's like it's a it's a well coached route in which you run a pick play where you don't actually touch the player in man. Coverage that needs to be applauded as. Well so there's a lot of good mixed in with some of the.
Speaker 2: Bad, WELL i need to know About Dallas turner's sack and what he's supposed to. Do we can talk about that at a. MOMENT i need to know About Adam dielan's block and what he's supposed to. DO i want to know if they want us just to go with two hand touched football from here on.
Speaker 1: Out that's What i'm sasol.
Speaker 3: Walk us through. Sports we'll talk More vikings as. Well this is the powers you're wanting to.
Speaker 1: Us so.
Speaker 6: We've got your shot at tickets To sunday's divisional battle all week long by showing us your purple preset set kfan as a preset on the iHeartRadio. App screenshot it then posted with hashtake kfan purple preset to your social media and make sure to follow and take kfan as well when it will BE dm Just.
Speaker 11: Friday get the full rules Of kafe dot com quor. Contests, Dude i'm not gonna lad. YOU i took that what's in this? Book at what's in that? Book and they said you can't show people your purple. Preset it actually said that really in the.
Speaker 1: Rules, yeah AND i don't think it's supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Purple and you said YOU i should send you a picture of.
Speaker 1: It, yeah just send it to the D. M, Yeah Zach.
Speaker 3: Comedy, hey, earlier remember how we were talking about the richest Person bends, ever you, know shaking shook hands with Right sure part of bets her buddy fifty two minutes ago posted On, Twitter good, dude he's the. Best have none of you shaken hands With? Ziggy Even i've done THAT i have. Not, yeah anybody say one point two? Billion he's worth?
Speaker 1: Sure? Individually, yeah so, yeah that's probably.
Speaker 3: The, richest is probably the richest person you've Ever.
Speaker 7: Yeah then, Collectively i've shaken hands with pretty much everybody in that.
Speaker 1: Family so. Fair yeah you've Met Taylor? Swift, Correct, yes she's a? Billionaire is she?
Speaker 9: Not?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes good.
Speaker 1: Point. Yeah have you shaken her? HAND i have shaken her? Hand, Okay well there hugged, Too did you? Hug did you Hug? ZIGGY i did? Not, okay SO i.
Speaker 8: Held him a little longer THAN i probably you embraced. Him, yeah you don't put your hand behind somebody's. Head, okay that makes it.
Speaker 2: More don't tell me what to.
Speaker 1: Do, YEAH i caressed. TONIGHT i need your sweet. Caress and who sings? That oh, yeah, god that's a great to my goodness.
Speaker 2: Breathe flash back to seventh grade high school dances or something just happened.
Speaker 1: There we heard the, song but we were getting.
Speaker 2: Pop yeah you were gonna go break. Yourself yeah, Starts.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go working sessions for a little bit to make. POPCORN i get, sold.
Speaker 2: Got to get the butter on the popcorn.
Speaker 3: Because you, guys run your friendspcorn.
Speaker 1: Man it's depressing. Anyway, anyway, no un rich, people it's.
Speaker 2: Fun i'm gonna give you guys a full. Report by the, WAY i ordered something From facebook for like the first.
Speaker 1: Time facebook market Market.
Speaker 2: Facebook just an advertisement on On. Facebook they got. Me it's a muscle matte luxury mattress topper that is four inches, thick and it looked like a. Cloud it's on its way to meet right. Now what you call it a muscle matt luxury mattress topper which is four inches?
Speaker 1: Thick what's the muscle? PART i don't, know but it looks so.
Speaker 2: Comfy is it one of those sex? Pillows it's about to. Be BUT i took a chance Because i've been looking at this, thing and you know how it, is like if you have her over for too, long it sends it to you about four hundred thousand more. TIMES i finally got sick of, it said all, right, fine SO i paid one hundred and forty dollars for.
Speaker 1: It that's not, bad thank. You, yeah that's not too.
Speaker 2: Bad that so HERE i, GO i.
Speaker 1: Thought but the bridge of a queen song just broke.
Speaker 2: Out all, right here we go we'll just sports you ready their saucer Dog yeah, man, okay.
Speaker 12: And five on The Power trip presented by All around Your TimberTech deck building.
Speaker 2: Contractor we can Do vikings news.
Speaker 4: Decks but they lost twenty seven Nineteen week ten ends with The Flickers rosie hosting The eagles tonight On Monday Night. Football The packers are one and a half point, favorite.
Speaker 3: And The eagles beat him twice last. Year they beat him in the playoffs and In.
Speaker 1: Brazil. Yeah oh, YEAH.
Speaker 2: I owe you fifty.
Speaker 1: Bucks.
Speaker 2: Ben i'm so. SORRY i forgot to pay you till.
Speaker 1: Now oh that's. Fine, DAMN i forgot that we made that. Bet that's The Oregon iowa. Bet, yeah what a. Game that was a great.
Speaker 2: DAY i am such an. IDIOT i gotta listen closer BECAUSE i didn't know THAT i was given. Points. Idiot that's, Okay, no it's not, okay you'll win it back still, THOUGH i STILL i was. RIGHT i thought that The oregon would, win and they.
Speaker 1: Did, cerinly, yeah.
Speaker 4: Barely speaking Of, oregon The gophers battle them This. Friday oregon is eight and. One the game is at eight In. Eugene oregon is a twenty four and a half point, favorite come on boy twenty four and then started it started at like twenty one twenty.
Speaker 1: Two so there's been a lot of money coming in On. Oregon who?
Speaker 2: Else story are money?
Speaker 9: To?
Speaker 1: Uh, tommy thank?
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 4: Uh The gophers are owen three on the road and they've been outscored twenty to one ten on the.
Speaker 1: Road, man the over under is let's see what the over under? Is forty four and a.
Speaker 2: Half oh my, GOD i can't believe we have talked about. It how about that kid making that catch on That indiana, again.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable, yeah most incredible catches they.
Speaker 8: Had, yeah the same, Drive, yeah, Exactly, yeah run on the boundary in the one in the end.
Speaker 1: Zone elite college. Football.
Speaker 3: Elite those two games, specifically, Though indiana And Penn state And oregon AND i were both.
Speaker 1: Awesome they were.
Speaker 2: Great how do you control your body like that to get that foot down and bounds in slow?
Speaker 1: Motion it looks like it's the, matrix.
Speaker 3: Right it looks like the guy's using the forest to have that one foot hover so it doesn't hit the.
Speaker 1: Line, yeah just in time for the back foot to still.
Speaker 3: Tap it's, like how did you notice slightly keep that other foot elevated because instinctually it should be let's get those two both down as quickly as. Possible but he somehow didn't push the wrong foot.
Speaker 1: Down The Gust johnson. Call Gus johnson, call is there?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 2: Okay see you, later that's what you're talking? About, yeah hold, on let me try it.
Speaker 1: Again hello? There, no he left there you?
Speaker 12: Go?
Speaker 1: Okay what's? That was The Gus johnson?
Speaker 13: Call?
Speaker 1: Yeah that Was it was not worth.
Speaker 2: RECORDING i don't know Who's Gus, johnson the.
Speaker 1: Guy that was the play by play. Guy the call was. Unbelievable he lost his.
Speaker 3: Mind and here with his recreation of The Gus johnson call is the Fans Paul, lambert he was.
Speaker 1: Like, cot he.
Speaker 2: Lost his, mind you lost his.
Speaker 1: MINE i don't do it here with the, refla but he just did as a.
Speaker 4: Fan it's, God i'm gonna find.
Speaker 1: It it's. Unbelievable there's no way he's going to be. That, yes there's so disappointing when we hear the real. ONE i can't even. Speak it's such a good.
Speaker 2: Play oh my, GOD i almost peed. Myself that's BECAUSE i do have ut.
Speaker 1: Right this was The indiana.
Speaker 12: Game this was.
Speaker 13: Up you can't skin drove it out was the, love but the first one to.
Speaker 2: Touch i'm watching. It it's. UNBELIEVABLE i can't believe.
Speaker 1: That oh my, goodness it's a. Touch he caught it.
Speaker 2: Early and on the field is upheld touched. Down i'm. Sorry here Comes.
Speaker 12: Menza it up his boys continuous boys continues to go up through.
Speaker 1: It he starts with The John.
Speaker 7: Travolta you, know it's like you got drugs at the same time.
Speaker 3: That we've actually heard the real call a couple of. Times, sauce one more? Time what what is?
Speaker 1: It one more? Time no better you? Recap thank, You maxill use the word and then do the.
Speaker 14: Rest you're called. Suck okay, me you forgot what it.
Speaker 1: Was what do you want me?
Speaker 9: To?
Speaker 1: Oh it was a BAD.
Speaker 2: I can't believe.
Speaker 9: That.
Speaker 2: Dude you're still right because he homvers his, yeah pinch above the.
Speaker 3: Grass, yeah it looks like he's stepping on an invisible.
Speaker 1: Incredible it's. Outstanding it's like.
Speaker 2: That scene a vision quest where the cook is talking to to loud and, swaying and he says that for for five, seconds another, person another human, being made of the same. STUFF i made of is able to make his body do.
Speaker 3: That that was the exact REFERENCE i was going to make when the cook talked to loud and swaying from vision.
Speaker 2: Quests that scene got. Me i'm telling, YOU i loved that scene so. MUCH i cried every TIME i watched. IT i still, do coming.
Speaker 7: From the guy that comes up with, movies movie scenes that like from thirty years ago and.
Speaker 1: Like h, yeah.
Speaker 7: GUILTY i don't know if you guys saw, this but AFTER i was looking at That indiana, catch the next story Was gopher secure top juco. RECEIVER i know the number one junior college receiver in the country committed The Gopher Drake.
Speaker 1: Linds he needs a target her. Too let's go As Derek Sally JUNIOR.
Speaker 3: Dsj let's GO. Dsj well there you, go uh the wild beat The. Flameing, sorry Sorry, haim real quick before we move. On speaking Of, derek even though he doesn't like to be Called, derek could there have been a cooler dude Than Derek sheldon On? Friday?
Speaker 1: Yeah like an awesome.
Speaker 3: Guy he was just as awesome off the. Air so everything we heard about like the guy that he is was. Accurate but he fit right in he's taking shots At sauce like a plus.
Speaker 1: Radio what is?
Speaker 2: It by the, way and he's not. INCLUDED i don't want him to be. Included. Sauce you don't say a? Word what is it About? Sauce everybody who walks in, here especially, athletes loves.
Speaker 3: HIM i think it's like a rescue. Dog you feel like you need to take care of.
Speaker 2: It, Literally there's something about his face or his, demeanor the way he, acts like Like John randall could they're like, Brothers like what is it? About and you're one of?
Speaker 12: Them?
Speaker 2: Ben what is it About? Saucy you guys LOVE.
Speaker 1: I don't. Know he's this. Nice he dislike his approachable and nice.
Speaker 2: Guy IT'S i, mean by the time he doesn't Have shelton La.
Speaker 1: Fields you feel bad for?
Speaker 8: Him kind?
Speaker 1: Of, no not at.
Speaker 2: All i'm telling. YOU i couldn't, believe like we were all. Invisible it was like he was the prettiest girl in the. Room it's.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable he's the future bench coach of The Minnesota. Twins over, There paul meets As.
Speaker 3: Lambert but man, again, look let's just let's just cut right to.
Speaker 1: It we all know the uphill. Battle Derek shelton's face and the sau faces you're dealing.
Speaker 3: With, up you got the pole, ads you got the. Payroll sauce is your bench. Coach this isn't a winning, formulae but, MAN i just, Again i'm at the point of my.
Speaker 1: LIFE i don't. CARE i want to cheer for good. People.
Speaker 3: Man that seems like a really good, dude SO i want him to win all the. Time so best of luck to. Him super cool that The twins And mitch and everybody got him to come in On.
Speaker 1: Friday hard guy not to cheer. For, Man Derek, shell what a cool.
Speaker 3: Dude shelty he likes he dropped.
Speaker 1: Us, yeah during one of the commercial, breaks.
Speaker 3: He's, like look when somebody Says, derek actually Like i'm in, trouble so please make It shelty instead Of.
Speaker 1: Derek we're, like, yeah you gotta do. Whatever yeah that.
Speaker 2: Works have him ON, Tcl he'll love.
Speaker 1: You oh, yeah we're gonna try to get him on for. Sure he was, great high energy.
Speaker 2: And how about dude calling to give him crab To jeffers was.
Speaker 1: Listening that was so. Good that's.
Speaker 3: Awesome sounds like we Have jeffers booked For initials in like two months as.
Speaker 1: Well he is and again he won a year.
Speaker 3: Ago we got to have him get back in the ring and see if it was a fluke or. Not all, Right Vikings News neck would you say though the wild one?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Two sip and The wolves Dominated ueen.
Speaker 1: All, Right Viking's news next With Bet Lever MICHAEL. J. Mussman the Third this is The power To money show on.
Speaker 12: You take to.
Speaker 6: We all remember that one teacher who made a, difference who believed in, us challenged, us or just made learning. Fun now is your chance to say thank you in a big. Way With iheartradios think A teacher powered by Donors, jews you can nominate an outstanding public school teacher who's gone above and beyond for their students to win five thousand dollars to stock their classroom with whatever they. Need help us say thank you to the educator shaping our. Future nominate your favorite teacher now At iHeartRadio dot com slash.
Speaker 1: Teachers this is listening your stab count right?
Speaker 3: Now this?
Speaker 2: Noise oh dang it yeah, moved, yeah knew you. Did some moved in?
Speaker 1: It which.
Speaker 2: The third one they'll move to the THIRD Ha Talk Good morning show.
Speaker 1: A, Movie Francis haw.
Speaker 2: Movie that's exactly.
Speaker 1: Right anybody see.
Speaker 2: That, NO i probably. DID i don't. KNOW i was Into archie farts and stuff for a.
Speaker 8: While sure does that make sense with the cadence thing though THAT i know that Like brian O'Neil jumped a couple of, times you Had darrisaw JUMPING. Jj the thing, is so if they changed the ca let's say that they. Did and obviously they must have because they even talked about. IT i can't talk about it at the, podium but everyone isn't everybody else in on, it you know What i'm.
Speaker 1: SAYING i mean the old line and everybody went. There everybody needs to know that They're i'm sure they didn't. Go, hey just You, Jjy Sorry.
Speaker 3: Russ in the last thirty, seconds every one of us was making actual jump. References Van hale And Criss cross White man can't and sausage.
Speaker 1: Is like dusty.
Speaker 5: Coat sauce was just what you're, Doing step, Saved, Lombard.
Speaker 3: Dozy they were just saying stuff for listen as we're trying to do a.
Speaker 1: Bit you Didn't it was a great.
Speaker 2: Bit he didn't catch that. Part he did.
Speaker 4: NOT i did, Not, Sorry, anyway what must was saying by to my point.
Speaker 8: Is that there's no way That kaosi just went up to McCarthy and, said, hey let's just change this.
Speaker 1: Up, well we won't tell. Anybody they all, KNEW i.
Speaker 8: Know they practiced, It SO i don't understand why it's such a.
Speaker 7: Thing, yeah, Well i'm hoping, that you, know everybody after the game was probably pretty protective about what they should, say what they shouldn't. Say i'm hoping this week as they as they get into it and they kind of move on to The bears game and it's like you loosen up a little, bit we'll get a little bit more insight on like where the miscommunication. Was but like when we're looking at the eight false, starts didn't McCarthy himself have a false?
Speaker 1: Start, yes, yea, yeah yes he. Did, So like what really is going on?
Speaker 7: Here where the quarterback is even unsure when the ball is supposed to be, snapped you, know like that's you, KNOW i don't know when it happens eight. Times obviously O'Neill had, two and you mentioned several that had like one a. Piece it's, like, okay something clearly was, off even when the quarterback wasn't sure these.
Speaker 8: Are backups making these. JUMPS i, mean these are you, know pro. Bowlers they are making the. Jump and as.
Speaker 7: We talked about yesterday during the during the, BROADCAST i, think you, know at the end of the, game when you look at, it after all eight of those false, starts the very next play was a pass, play AND i have to think that that's that goes outside of the flow of what they normally would have called in that.
Speaker 1: Situation every one of, them every single.
Speaker 2: One, wow, dude that's a.
Speaker 4: Tell.
Speaker 7: Huh every single subsequent play after a false start was a pass, play and you can't tell me you know several of those happened on first and, down and now you're first and. Fifteen it's, like, well my guess is we probably had a run play called and we jumped off, side so now we feel like we got to pick up a few more yards is to get back to second, Manageable so now we have to go to a pass. Play so it shows you just how much five yards on a prestap penalty can change the whole course of the play call and what that drive is supposed to.
Speaker 8: BE i just didn't like the fact that we had eighteen rush. Attempts that's. It eighteen to the forty two pass.
Speaker 2: ATTEMPTS i think.
Speaker 1: It's WHAT.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 7: Exactly, YES i think IT'S i, think and off the look back of my, NOTES i think it's even less than that because of those, eighteen you're counting the scrambles that that McCarthy. Had, yeah SO i think that we had thirteen actual rushing plays between our two running.
Speaker 1: Backs.
Speaker 2: Okakes, YEAH i finally remember the teas from literally an hour and twenty minutes. Ago tell me About Dallas turner's sack and landing on top of. Him to, me and, Again i'm not a, player AND i understand protecting, quarterbacks but there looks like there's nothing dirty about. THAT i, know to the letter of the, law that's that's. Illegal but that, sucks, man that's a perfect. Hit, well the letter of law has to be. Changed, yeah that's the. Thing it's, like you, know that's a great football. Play AND i Know corey, YOU i know that you're on the other side of, this AND i think the thing, is, like you are. RIGHT i, mean the rules in there for defensive, play defensiless players can't be driven into the ground in the manner that that we Saw Dallas turner do.
Speaker 7: It BUT i JUST i disagree with the. RULE i, mean football players are football. Plays THAT'S i think that rules should be put in place just like regular, society like egregious egregious, driving pile driving a quarterback or defensive player into the ground should be called and sh be.
Speaker 1: Managed that's a football.
Speaker 7: Play these these officials have to understand what are football. Plays he, hits the guy takes some off his feet and literally the same motion and, momentum he's lifted off the, ground both of. Them and on the point of, Contact Dallas turner was off the. Ground, yea he didn't take an extra, step he didn't. Lift there was another, GUY i think it was in the game last. Night there was A chargers player that that lifted up the ball. Carrier, yeah and basically sue plexed him into the. Ground, right that's a. Penalty that seems like that should be a. Penalty that's what that's what it's there. For although it's, like, well he's not, defenseless but he he is when you lift him off the. Ground SO i think those penalties would look LIKE wwe moves that that could be officiated a football play where you're running through somebody and you're off the ground and the player comes off the, ground there's no Other physics tells us there's no other way to fall on that.
Speaker 1: Guy you're just going to fall on top of, Him.
Speaker 2: Ragola or whoever the guy. Is they have talking about, rules, said, well you're supposed to roll off them as you're going. Down i'm, like you can't.
Speaker 1: Do that are the main, Trick that's the.
Speaker 7: Thing so we want to look At we want to look at every single catch frame by frame by, frame whether it's a, touchdown whether it's a big a big, play and we're going to say ball hit the ground and moved a little, bit therefore it's not a. Catch LIKE i thought the play, yesterday the interception that was It roquon, Had, YEAH i thought that was an. Interception don't, care don't care that the ball touches the, Ground it did not, Move it did not assist him in in the in the possession of the. Football they got, overturned luckily for. Us BUT i hate the. Rule, right we take it frame by. Frame if you take that hit frame by, frame both players are off the. Ground there's you can't you can't physically roll off of the. Guys you can't physically turn your body trick style in mid air and turn and roll the player to the. Ground it's. Impossible it's.
Speaker 2: Bs and now let's talk About Adam dilen's crackback. Block and by the, way this is fucking just brought to. Buy my friends At radcot we all Love do we Love? Radco do we?
Speaker 1: Not we? Love? Okay?
Speaker 2: Cool thank You.
Speaker 3: Radco so THE tv, broadcast we're trying to figure out what the call, was and then they Brought Mike pereira in and he just Definitively he's, like that's definition textbook crack. Back he's, like it can't be offensive pass interference because it was behind the line of scrimmage And adam was either going parallel or even slightly backwards to make the. Block he's, like this is case. Closed he's, like that's a. Crackback so feeling was. Pissed he's, LOST i mean super. Pissed But pereira On, fox and Again i'm not a reules, EXPERT i don't. Know he said this is opening, shut this is. Textbook, listen you disagree with that, too and ALL.
Speaker 7: I THINK i Think pereira And blandino are the two best in the in. Football the others on the networks they need to.
Speaker 1: Go they're.
Speaker 7: Awful they're awful ON. Tv they're they're always getting the calls wrong at least what's going to happen on the on the. Review but usually What blandino And pere say usually agree. With and the thing, IS i have to agree with. HIM i don't know the run THEY i thought they they changed a crackback. RULE i thought that this is WHERE i think maybe it needs to be. REITERATED i thought you could set a legal, pick a basketball pick like. THAT i thought that they're trying to get, again get rid of the rule where a defensive player on the end of the line of scrimmage doesn't see a guy coming from outside outside the, box like takes a running start and takes somebody.
Speaker 1: Out.
Speaker 7: Again Juju smith shoester To Brian branch which which which was also a block in the back, right that's an egregious punnalty that should be. Called that's an egregious penalty that should be. Penalized when you're standing there as a basketball pick and the guy runs into.
Speaker 1: YOU i thought that that was a legal.
Speaker 2: Play CAN i tell you What Adam dilan said To, yeah he's been guestling after the. Game, yeah the referee Told adam even after the, game because the guy talked To adam after the game, said we're gonna have to talk to the league and find out what we're supposed to tell you guys about, that Because feelan's point, was they told him you have to just let yourself get run. Over you're not allowed to do anything. Aggressive you have to stop and let them run you. Over that's the only thing you're allowed to. Do And adam's like that guy six three two, fifty you want me to just allow him to hurt. Me that's and the ref said To, adam we, agree we need to talk to the to THE nfl about. That but by the letter of the, law you're not allowed to do. That you have to stand there like it's a basketball pick and allow yourself to be run.
Speaker 3: Over so the fact that he has set up as a wall and knocked him, OVER i got a little.
Speaker 2: Too, aggressive.
Speaker 7: Apparently, yeah well the thing is like that to, me that that was the the typical that's like teaching tape on a basketball. Pick if you if you look at him on a basketball. Court his feet are planted in the, ground he's not, moving hands are down by. Waist that's a that's a legal, pick. Right the other the other step to that, IS i think a couple of years ago when they implemented, this they, said you could do that same, thing but you have to have your hands out and almost just like shield the. Guy you can't like launch into. Them you just have to have your hands. Out no shoulder, throat no shoulder, throws all that. Stuff so, again that could be the gray. Area it's not that he didn't see. You it's not your. Positioning it's that you had a shoulder that was that was thrown in. There if you would have led with your hands and stood, THERE i think that could have been. Legal and AGAIN i could be. WRONG i think that there's a fine. LINE i don't love the, call but also not super familiar with the tech technical aspects of that particular play from.
Speaker 2: There, yeah see how he launches.
Speaker 1: Himself, YEAH i mean kind, of but you're also bracing for.
Speaker 2: Condoct i'm just telling you that's What dylan. Said the rest told him after the. Game if you were just stood there and not launched yourself like, that we wouldn't have called. It it's a hell of a.
Speaker 7: Block, HELL i don't even think it's a, launch you, know like we use these words so, flippantly like that's not a. Launch that's not a. Launch that's like bracing for impact and like you're absorbing the hit because the guy wasn't.
Speaker 8: LOOKING i, mean the guy wasn't looking at. All if he was actually looking and saw feeling come, up there's no way that'd be a.
Speaker 1: Penalty i'm NOT i just know.
Speaker 7: THAT i just, again it were over with, You we're over officiating the. Game, like, sorry the. Game, sorry the game can be. Violent sorry the. Guy, sorry some guys get. Hurt, sorry you signed up for this this, Crap like you're affecting games because you're the NFL's gone. Soft and it's like you can hear it in the. CROWD i mean the penalty On Dallas, turner fifty five thousand people are, like what are you talking? About that's a football? Play what are we watching? Here and what else is he gonna? Do what else can you?
Speaker 12: Do?
Speaker 4: That that might have been the best play of HIS Nfl that was our Standing The swim movie did around that.
Speaker 1: Guard that was an outstanding. Play it's a. Designer it's a design pick. Play it's a it's a.
Speaker 7: Twist it's No i'm, Saying i'm, kidding it's it.
Speaker 1: Was it was perfectly.
Speaker 7: Executed you have you have to rush like that and then and Then gink has to he has to flow off, off you, know each other like.
Speaker 1: That that's a.
Speaker 7: Twist and it was, perfect, perfect and then he gets flagged for that because it's too.
Speaker 1: Aggressive was that a that was third? Down, right wouldn't have made it like a long field?
Speaker 4: Goal?
Speaker 2: YEAH i tell. You they gave us so many opportunities to beat.
Speaker 3: Them.
Speaker 2: Yesterday there were so many moments WHERE i said to, myself is it possible we might still win this?
Speaker 3: Game, well they had the balls down when it WHEN i mean, that although that two minute drive was a, mess.
Speaker 2: The the right before halftime wasn't, Pretty, no.
Speaker 1: But thirty two seconds we took. That, yeah that. Was we're having more and more of those this.
Speaker 4: Season, yeah they had The, yeah very very weird use of getting the ball. Back and As Bill belichick always did in Those patriots, years is double.
Speaker 1: Up you.
Speaker 4: Score even if you get a field, goal you get the ball, back, Right you could score ten points or.
Speaker 1: Fourteen, well that's amorting.
Speaker 5: Thing it was.
Speaker 1: Weird it's, like come, on get up on the. Ball there was a lot of that at the plan when they were down two. Scores you're, like what do you why are you? Huddling? Right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yep but even even in that final drive where like WITH jj took a little too much time to get the ball up and going and then he does like a four yarder To, Hawkinson it's, like that's an.
Speaker 1: Incompletion is better than? That what are we?
Speaker 3: Doing, yeah so just little decisions like. THAT i don't think that was super. Clean but again it's his fourth. Start yeah, Right like that's that was not a good to minute drive when the game's on the.
Speaker 4: Line but you got A bears team coming to town that gives up a lot of. Points let's see how that.
Speaker 3: Goes, yeah all, Right more The vikings discussion With ben And moss and the hours of morning two after this