Speaker 1: Jesse Kelly's show. Let's have some fun on a Friday, an amazing, glorious Friday. We have made it. You survived, and I survived another week with our heads above water, and we have such a great show for you tonight. All Right, I'm gonna do it. I didn't do it yesterday, but you had a bunch of emails and apparently the news is not gonna let it go. I'm gonna address this story about the people in the navy. Are sailors missing some meals or that the food isn't good and to the point, I'm all right, I'm gonna talk about it. Okay, We're gonna get this out of the way. Be prepared to probably be offended, like I always end up doing, whether or not I intend to or not. That's coming. Data centers. It's a big thing in the news now. I hate data centers. I love data centers. Why do we even need data centers? What is the reality of it? We'll talk about that. Somebody who just wants to bomb carg Island, take care of this Iranian thing. Someone wants to talk about pop tarts. Someone wants to know why don't we just number the storms instead of naming them because people get offended all that history stuff. The questions are so good, it's gonna be an awesome show tonight, if I say so myself. But let's begin here in case, just in case, you've been a little unplugged from the news, here's a little, a little synopsis, if you will, of the last twenty four to forty eight hours of fake controversy cooked up by the communists in the media and the Democrat Party. The controversy is this, there are text messages now that have been leaked, text messages from sailors on naval ships over there in Iran, close to Iran, over there in Iran, and they're complaining, complaining about what hey on bored This is boring, this is miserable. The food sucks, We've run out of milk, We've did this. And then reports of and I don't know all the numbers on this yet, so I'm not going to sit here and give you a number, and certainly not going to give names or anything of suicides. People. Remember, there are tons of people on these ships, people who've had enough and just say screw it, and they just go jump off the edge of the ship and they're gone. And they can't take it anymore. Okay, this is a story that's spreading like wildfire. And here's why the communists are using it to bash on Donald Trump. That's the only reason why. Okay, you're getting a lot of this. This is Senator Mark Kelra.
Speaker 2: Her grandson is aboard the Lincoln and he's.
Speaker 1: That's the USS Abraham Lincoln really the main ship in this whole quote controversy.
Speaker 2: Her grandson is aboard the Lincoln and he's struggling as well. He's depressed about the situation he is in. He doesn't know when this deployment is going to end. I'd say the most disturbing thing she told me is she saw a picture of him, and she said, when he got into the Navy, it was already like a skinny kid. He's twenty one years old. She says, it looks like he's lost twenty to twenty five pounds. But the thing that also bothered her the most was the dismissiveness that Pete Hegseth brought to this whole situation. She saw what he said, and she said it was rather disturbing that this is the way that he represented what was going on.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got a bunch of these emails. I'll read this one. The subject is warships not porting oracle. I was not in the navy, but my wife was. He said, she's a woman, so she overdramatizes everything, and by no means do I want to give her credit for anything. But she may have a point. When she mentioned that many of our warships, like the USS Abraham Lincoln, currently at sea over two hundred days in the Middle East is really bad and ships should be porting every thirty to sixty days. She claims that being at sea this long is bad emotionally and mentally for the troops, but also for the ship to not get fully maintained. Your thoughts, Okay, I have a lot of thoughts, and they're all over the place. So here it is first, I when I I my longest. My longest stretch in the wilderness was in Iraq. It was nine ten months. I think it ended up being like nine and a half months. We launched into Iraq during the invasion. We cruised the whole country, fighting our way up to bag Dad. Then we bounced around to various places doing other things. In Iraq that nine month stretch, there weren't really facilities. Then this is before you know, we came in and started setting up bases and internet access. And I've told you this story before. I think it was three weeks two or three weeks before my parents heard my voice. They didn't know if I was alive because there's no phones, there's no there's no nothing. And the only reason they found out I was alive is somebody gave our unit a satellite phone and every guy got to make one five minute phone call and if they answered, great, If not, you left them a voicemail. My parents happen to answer, right, So this is believe me. I'm not crying. I'm just letting you know that's what it was. And it was nine months of either MREs packaged food. I think a couple times we got trays of processed food. They would drop off, you know, a big vat of powdered eggs. But whatever, it was something you were banking on family members to send you hot sauce and doritos and things like that. But there was rough. The facilities for a while were non existent. You were sleeping in the hole. You dug into the ground every night. If you had to answers and answer nature's call. Here's a true story, probably way more information than you want, but you're here with me, so we're gonna tell stories. I are Ammo cans. I don't know if it's still this way, but our Ammo cans they come in cased in a wooden shell. It's like a wooden shell, and you have to obviously remove the wooden shell before you can open the mo can get to the end, but the wooden shell stays intact as this box. And of course there's now a hole in the middle of it because there's no more Ammo can in it with me. So we decided, okay, look, you get you have to use some ingenuity when you're stuck out there. We found some padding I think we'd forget what we cut up for padding, and we put it around the edges of the wood that was our toilet. And there's no privacy in fact, because you're in combat. You don't want privacy. Uncomfortable as it may be. You have to have guys who are there who can kill anybody who's trying trying to get at you when you're trying to drop the kids off of the pool and broad daylight, I had to take this thing in a swampy area and sit down in it in broad daylight. I have never had that many mosquito bites on my nether regions in my life, broad daylight. This is not me you crying about combat conditions. It's not This is me saying this flat out them. We're gonna address the other parts of this flat out. There's a reason combat is made for young men. Young Men are physically stronger than any other demographic in society. Is certainly a lot stronger than old men like me, stronger than women. Young Men have this deep sense of adventure Oftentimes. Oftentimes a young man will do something because he knows it's going to suck and he wants to test himself. I'm telling you right now, that's big part of why I joined the Marines. What am I made of? Am I tough enough? Can I do this? It's weird. It's how our minds work. This is why militaries have been occupied by young men from the beginning of time. And when you leave the comforts of home, heating, air conditioning, good food, red lobster, and you go over to any kind of combat deployment, whether you're a marine digging a hole in the ground, or you're a sailor on a ship out in the middle of the water, not much to do. It sucks. It sucks. It sucks every day. We used to take as many naps as we could, and we all just collectively decided, every minute your napping is a minute you're not here. It's the minute closer you are to get home. Go take a nap. It sucks, It has always sucked, and it will always suck. Genghis Khans Mongols. When they were taking down various empires, they sat around at night and wondered, Oh, man, I wonder what my wife's doing back home. I'll tell you what I could go for some of that soup she makes. Oh my gosh, I'm so tired of eating this dried out. World War Two our greatest generation. Do you think those guys sitting in a freezing cold fighting hole in Europe were cheering about it every night? Nope, sucked. They were complaining all day every day. This sucked. I'm freezing. This is miserable. I want to go home. Mom's apple pie. You know what a long, miserable deployment is the whole history of the world, that's what it is. Now. I'll get to a couple other specifics in a moment. Hang on feeling a little stocky, Follow like and subscribe on social at Jesse Kelly DC.
Speaker 2: From ther Life Back Studios, The Jesse Kelly Show.
Speaker 1: Show. It is The Jesse Kelly Show on a wonderful Friday. As we turn through these amazing ask doctor Jesse questions just now joining us, I'm addressing these stories about the sailors. They're sad, they're depressed, they're committing suicide. Grandma's are complaining, my son has lost Wade, and I just recapped it. Here's the one sentence answer. Long deployment suck. They've always sucked, they will always suck. They are long, miserable things. You can go on a long deployment that actually is one of the nicer ones and sounds nice, and it sucks. Before we ever went to Iraq, we did a six month deployment in Okanawa. It's a very standard thing in the Marine Corps. A bunch of big marine presents over there and the modern military base air conditioning. We had a chow haul right there were a couple of little restaurants. I forget what it was, tag gun and I know Domino's was one. There was I think one other little restaurant on the thing. And at one point in time, we got to go up to Japan proper. We got to go to Mount Fuji where we did training. We went to Thailand the jungle word, so which this is not hot, not combat, and for the most part, your life was never in danger. By the end of it, we all just wanted to go home, not America. Now that's a cushy one. Now, when you talk about a combat deployment, it's gonna suck. And not only is it going to suck, here's something a little different about today. Phones and emails. Apparently we let all these guys keep their phones. They have a computer access where they can email people. And when you do that, troops are going to do what troops have always done. They are going to jot down complaints for mom, dad, sister, wife and anyone else who will listen, and they'll send those complaints back home. When I was in the Marine, we didn't have that when I was in Iraq, so it was the form of letters, which I was really terrible about. I feel bad about that. But when I wrote a letter, it was a lot of Hey, I'm fine, it's okay, and it was a lot of complaining. The food sucks. It's freaking hot. You should see the flies. You know what. Napoleon's troops, right this wrote the same thing. Every deployed troop in history, because it sucks, has penned a letter to mom back home and told her this sucks. And if there are enough quote this sucks letters that flow back home, eventually you're gonna get some over the top mom whose husband can't control her, and she's gonna go marching down to the local newspaper and say, look at this text message Aiden, Jaden and Braden sent me from the USS Lincoln. They don't even have milk for their cinnamon toast crunch. This is an outrage. There's nothing new under the sun. Combat deployments suck. Two hundred days on a ship sucks, as to as the depression, the alleged suicides. I know we're still hashing all that out. You take a thousand young men and women, now, since we have to put women on these naval ships, you take a thousand young men and women. Okay, they're navy sailors, right, They're not Navy seals, certainly not putting down the Navy. You know my respect for the big blue water Navy, but they're not Navy seals. They go through some training, they go through boot camp, and of course they're trained and they work hard. But you think there's not going to be a couple week tirds who get through. You think there's not gonna be a few turds. I'm telling you right now. I was in the Marine Corps in and try as far as non special operations guys goes, that's as hard as it gets in the United States military. Easily as hard as it gets. We had a few turds squeak through who could n't hack it. There weren't a lot, but there were a few. There's an aircraft carrier with a thousand sailors on it. You think you didn't let on twenty to fifty who are weak little sisters who are gonna snap when it gets too hard into the ice cream machine breaks. Sorry if that sounds cold, that's the freaking military. That's life. Suck it up. It sucks, I know it. And by the way, I'm not telling anybody to not complain when you write letters back home, Like I said, I did it. That's part of how it is. I heard an old salty marine Korean War veterans say one time. I think this is in the documentary. They said, look at some marines. If you're not complaining, you're not a marine. Complain all you want, that's what it is. But you suck it up in march on. This is all just a partisan cudgel that's being used because they think it'll land poorly on Donald Trump. That's why all these Democrat politicians jumped on it all at once. Oh we had to eat frozen foods. I didn't have anything but MREs for nine months. Yeah, let me just go ahead and get this out of the way. And if my sound a little inner service bitter, it's because I am. Don't you dare eat three hot meals a day and then wine because the cinnamon toast crunch doesn't have any milk anymore. Crime a freaking river. Oh well, now, as far as the ship needing refitted, that part is probably legit. However, sometimes I mean aircraft carriers are not common. There aren't a ton of them. We have more than anyone in the world, and we don't have endless aircraft carriers. If an aircraft carrier is critical to the job, and it obviously is critical to the job in Afghanistan, that aircraft carrier might have to stay out there a little longer. It sucks, and I know it sucks. Sleeping is miserable. That's life, all right. If you came here looking for sympathy, you came to the wrong place. If you came here looking for a better employee, I can help you there. Actually I can't help you. That was a lie. ZipRecruiter can help you, though. ZipRecruiter they already have your guy. You know, that that one you're looking for, that one you need at that position, you need him or her in he or she They're already on ZipRecruiter. The resume is already uploaded. And once you go to ZipRecruiter dot com slash jesse and sign up try it for free. By the way. Once you do that, ZipRecruiter is going to use their technology to find that qualified, interested candidate and slam their resume on your desk immediately top of the line. It's not an accident that four out of five employers who post on zip recruiter get a quality candidate in the first day. You are not months away. You are ZipRecruiter dot com slash Jesse away, go try it for free? All right? This data center hubbub hang.
Speaker 3: On, don't miss Clay Travis and Buck Sexton weekdays noon to three on seven ten wor.
Speaker 1: It is the Jesse Kelly Show on a Wonderful Friday, and asked Doctor Jesse Friday, sure to be offensive as always for three hours. I mean, look, we got done with the deployed troops and I can already see the emails in it kind of come poor and and I ain't saying, yep, whatever you're offended about, that's exactly what I said. V'll double down on it now and I'm not sorry. All right, you can email those complaints in your questions to Jesse at Jesse kellyshow dot com. So let's do this offensive thing again with this one, Jesse, why do we need data centers? Could you explain why all of a sudden we need those places? What kind of data are we talking about? They wanted to build one in my area and the residents now rose up and protested. Now it's not going to happen. And he says, yay, okay, so why all right? So let's let's do it this way, And I'm gonna try to explain this as if you're somebody who is stupid at technology like I am. I don't know technology, Okay. I have to rely on Jewish producer Chris and degenerate producer Corey when I'm at work. When I'm at home, I have to rely on my kids. So this is me explaining it to you like you're me all right. The cloud. You've heard of the cloud, right, the cloud if you have maybe an iPhone or something like that. But there are a million examples of the cloud. What is it? Well, it used to be, and I know this still exists that if I'm on a computer or a phone. I'm on my phone, that'll be easier to explain. And I want to save a picture. I take a picture of myself, as I often do. I take a picture of myself and I want to save that picture. Well, I have to save it onto something. There has to be a disc or a chip or a stick or something some kind of device where the picture actually goes with me. Well, then the cloud came along. What is the cloud? Though the picture is saved. But if I take my phone right now and I drive down to the pool and chuck it in the deep end. My phone fries out. How is it that I can go buy a new phone, sign in and all my selfies are still in there? How because the pictures are not saved on the phone anymore, or maybe they're on the phone as well as the cloud. They're saved on the cloud. So when I sign into a new phone a new computer, then I just sign into the cloud and the cloud puts those pictures on my phone. Wow, that's wonderful. But I have breaking news for you here. It's journalist Jesse. It's not actually in the clouds. The picture that is being saved in the cloud. It has to be saved somewhere physically, Somewhere physical has to retain that electronic selfie I took of me smiling and flexing in front of the bathroom mirror. Somebody has to take that picture, all right. Now, That brings me to the data center thing. For the longest time, huge tech companies have needed data centers. Data centers are not new. They're not new because for the longest time, since especially since the cloud started coming, you had to have a place that could electronically store that data. All right, you with me, Now, let's do it like this. When cars were first introduced to the United States of America, we'll just make this one about America. When cars were first introduced, very first introduced. How much gasoline did you need? I'm talking about the country itself. How much gasoline did you really need? Well, not much. If you know one hundred people, maybe one guy owns a car. So there wasn't a gas station on every street corner. Gas stations were very few and far between if you had one at all in your area, because there wasn't a big need that. That was the beginning of the cloud era. Right now, a I has changed all that. AI. You know what it is. It's America going from a couple people own cars to America today where everyone has a freaking car. Most families have multiple cars, even Jewish producer Chris most families have multiple cars. Therefore, now we went from needing a little gas to we need gas everywhere, absolutely everywhere. We now need a place to store that data, and we need a lot more of them than we ever had before. So to the data centers. That was not a pitch for or against data centers. And I'll explain my thoughts on data centers in a moment. That was just a basic explanation of why they are needed as so much of our society shifts sadly to AI. You need more and more and more places to store all of that information. Okay, now for you, for your community. What does it mean? Well, when people move to a specific area or just live in a specific area, they wanted to stay nice and they don't want radical changes. They don't. I'll tell you right now. I live in a small town. We moved there in part because it's a small town, just not big city people. I like visiting, but then I want to leave. I live in a small town, and I like that. It felt a little rural. I mean, is there a chick fil A? Sure, there's a Chick fil A in five minutes. There's a big field with cattle in it. I like that too. Now do I like it when a new restaurant comes in? Oh? Sure, new place to eat? Okay, what about a new apartment complex? No, I complain like a crusty old man. Look, I can't count how many times I've told my wife this. She's making fun of me. Now they're building up every square inch of this town. I say it all the time, too.
Speaker 4: Her.
Speaker 1: I wanted my town to stay the way it was. I didn't grow up in it, but if I had, I would want it to stay the way it was if I moved here, and I did move here, I wanted it to stay the place just like it always was the way I moved here. But that never happens. Ever. Towns change. When I grew up Bozeman, Montana, it was a ski town and not a poor town, not at all. But it was thirty thousand people and a family of four with a decent job. My dad didn't even have a great job. When we moved to Montana, could get a little house. Well that's not gonna be some manchup, but you could definitely get a little house. Someone told me, I haven't verified this, but I bet you it's pretty close. That the Averridge home price today in boze in Montana is a million dollars. A million dollars. Now, I may be old in forty five, but I'm not ninety five. It was just thirty years ago I was living in Bozeman. Thirty years is not a long time, and it was nothing like that at all. Thirty years later. You have to be rich in order to buy a house in Bozeman. Things change. We don't want them to. I don't want it to. If you don't want a data center in your area, you have nothing but sympathy for me. I don't want my place to change. I don't want a data center. I don't want an apartment complex. If you're building me a new red lobster that sounds good, put a waffle house right next to it. Beyond that, I don't want an off it's building. I don't want this. I don't want someone. Get these kids out of here. I know, I know what I sound like, but I get it. However, you can't swim against the ocean. Data centers. You may successfully keep them out of your community, but they are inevitable. They are inevitable. It is the ocean for a specific reason, a reason which I'll tell you in a moment. Before we get to the reason data centers are inevitable, let me tell you the reason. You don't have to live with pain anymore. Pain now because of relief factor. Pain is optional, that nagging thing that bos you all the time. Look, hey, you think I don't know what back pain's like. I made times if I complain shoulder, head, foot, whatever, it is what's holding you back, what's making life miserable. Let relief factor just let them try. Let them try. It's a supplement, it's drug free. You take it every single day. The longer you take it, the more it builds in your system, the better it works. Every single day. Two weeks, you wake up and you think, Wow, I feel a lot better. Three four weeks, you wake up and you're thinking, oh my gosh, I can't believe. I can't believe this. That's what relief Factor is. It's magic. One eight hundred, the number four relief that gets you three weeks of it for seventeen dollars and seventy six cents. Go to relief Factor dot com or one eight hundred the number four relief. We'll be back. Officials that make the data center inevitable. What kind of financial incentives. I'm not talking about envelopes full of cash underneath the table at the local red lobster. That's not what I'm talking about at all. I'm saying, let's say you're mayor. You've got a mayor right data center people sit down with your mayor and they tell him, hey, we want to put a data center five miles outside of town, and your mayor says something to the effect of, no, people will get mad, I'll get voted out. I'm worried about this. I'm worried about that. I'm worried about this. I'm worried about that. They may do some things to ease his fears and things they should do, but they're going to let him know. Oh okay, I understand your concern. Do you have any idea how much tax revenue this is about to bring into your town? If you're sitting there and you're the mayor of Sheboygan and your city, your town, I have no idea what Sheboygan's budget is. Let's say you have a ten million dollar budget every year, and the data center people sit down and say, if you take this into account, and this into account, and this into account, your budget just went from ten to fifteen million a year. Sound good? Now, what are you thinking? If you're the mayor, you're thinking, oh my gosh, think about all the cool stuff I could do with an extra five million dollars a year in the city coffers Yep, sounds good. And then if the data centers are smart, and they are very smart, they understand how to make this pitch. What they've been doing is they've been selling it to politicians that hey, we're gonna take care of our own power, because that's one of the main concerns. People have. My power bills already going up. Now they're gonna suck up all the power and I'm gonna lose power in the heat of summer. No no, no, no. The data centers they're ready for that pitch too. No no, no, we're not asking you for anything. We're gonna get take care of our own power. We've got it all covered. You can hate them, you can love them. The people who love them they talk about the jobs and the tax revenue and all that stuff. Legit. People who hate them talk about you, the traffic, that everything and all that stuff is very very legit too. Hate them or love them, They're coming. They are. They'll be one in my area too. I can't see it. I can yell and scream, but I think my mayor doesn't like money. All right. I'm the pop tart discussion. I complained about pop tarts. Pop tarts are fine. They're not good. They're not good because there's too much crust and there's not enough feeling. Too much crust and not enough feeling. And we got this lady email of the show said hey, mister pop Tart, and she actually made my point for me. You know what she sent in. She sent in a picture, and it's a picture of of super stuffed pop tarts fifty percent more filling. Now these look good. I'm sure these are good. But you know what bothers me about a pizza place when I have to order extra cheese because your standard amount of cheese is not too much. When I get a pizza and I look down and I see these big gaps where there's just no cheese, and you look around the edges of it, and you think to yourself, wait a minute, Like half the pizza doesn't even have cheese. I think to myself, that's aggravating. Now next time, I'm gonna have to pay for extra cheese, which I probably won't even get. But now I'm gonna have to pay for extra cheese. Why didn't you give me the proper amount of cheese right off the bat? So I didn't order extra cheese. I shouldn't have to buy double stone to oreos to get the proper amount of stuffing in an oreo. The regular Oreo should have enough stuffing. By the way, don't buy Oreos. It's like the gayest company out there. Find a different off brand that you like. Don't buy Oreos. And I say this as an Oreo freak. When I was a kid, I used to dream about sitting down with an entire package of Oreos. My parents would never let me, and a glass of milk and laying waste to the entire thing. To this day, I will tell you I think it's my favorite dessert on the planet. A soaked, mushy Oreo jammed into my mouth. It's glorious. But they're not available to me anymore because companies. Guy either way, why do I need double stuffed Back to the pop tarts? You know what that tells me? You made super stuffed pop tarts. You know what it tells me you knew there wasn't enough stuffing in the other ones, and instead of stuffing it more, you just chose to screw me. I don't like it. I shouldn't have to anyway. This from Sean Duffy's Really, we've.
Speaker 4: Taken twenty six thousand vehicles out of service because the drivers don't speak English. We've taken thirty thousand drivers ofth roads because their licenses were illegally issued.
Speaker 1: We have partnered with ICE.
Speaker 4: We're doing sting operations over two day periods of time over multiple states. So we were in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. We took eight hundred people off the road.
Speaker 1: Outstanding. You know what else is outstanding? This is a virtual real a virtual rally from a Florida Democrat. Her name is Angie Nixon, and she decided to open it up with some pretty powerful slam poetry.
Speaker 5: Agua Florida, ponts de leon haunting, the fountain of youth at a genocide theme park, the smudge of the Timakoa people's slaughter, we water fluent in the cursive tongue of hurricanes, tracing the mid Atlantic signature on our front. Por is black Seminole, high priestess, Goddess of the Gulf Coast, dripping of abandoned dreams, and the lullaby of nats. The sea as a doorway of syllables, rising where the land mourns and the sky and chokes, sinking powerful boardwalks, building sob of corrupt codes, Politicians snorting gunpowder, drunk on stolen votes.
Speaker 1: Can you snort gunpowder? Chris, Chris? Can you snort some and tell us what happens? Come on it? We fine, I.
Speaker 5: Circle down delusions.
Speaker 1: You know that would clear the sinuses, own.
Speaker 5: And optacon self surveillant state, a police officer stationed in your bedroom.
Speaker 1: The camp camp. Look, it goes on for another minute. It's too much, it's too much. We're with you, Angie, almost as much as we supported randeep Lifeland, my cup Land, making forty wilk. Someone wants to bomb car G Island. They're done with the whole thing. We'll talk about that next.
Speaker 3: Try Try, Try,