Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: It's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed. This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted.
Speaker 1: By Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst.
Speaker 2: And Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Also. I know how to drink, but I'm less inhibited when I pretend to be drunk.
Speaker 4: Five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. I already talked to Don McClain. We are going until seven pm. No play by play tonight, but a mess of it over the course of the weekend. Tomorrow doubleheader Eagles Commanders football at one thirty, Clippers Lakers basketball starting at six thirty. Sunday, tripleheader of football, Chargers Cowboys on KFIAM six forty. I'll be on the call with Daniel Jeremiah, Shannon Farron. That's a ten am kick and nine am pre game, and then Sunday's doubleheader here on AM five seventy two big ones. You got Steelers, who are currently on top of the AFC North, taken on the Lions who are on the brink of elimination yet could still win the NFC North. That's a one pm kick from Detroit, and then Patriots Ravens. Ravens also on the brink of elimination, but a win over the Patriots would put them back in position to win the AFC North. That is your five pm game, So as your home of the NFL, got a whole lot of it all weekend long, and.
Speaker 3: That has been the schedule talk portion of this segment on the show schedule short. Also a big thank you to everybody involved in our show at BJ's yesterday, the listeners that come out and that the show means something to them and we can get a bunch of people in there grabbing at T shirts. God bless you all. We had a great time and we'll be back out on the road in January. We got a couple more shows in the year, and right now it is time to get to the word of the day.
Speaker 2: His words the word of the day.
Speaker 3: Today's word of the day is racist uber drivers.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've heard about this, Matt, but who's your favorite guy with racial grievances on ESPN that wears a brooch?
Speaker 5: Ryan Clark? That's right, the broach gave it away.
Speaker 3: You're right. I'm sorry. It could have been a lot of other people, right fair.
Speaker 5: I think I would have got it though.
Speaker 3: Ryan Clark is angry. It's one of his social commentaries. And I mean, I know this happens to me. But every time I go into an uber, which isn't very often because I don't really go anywhere, but every time I do go into an uber, they play the circus cloud music because I just such a clown.
Speaker 5: You're a clown.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how you got to work today, my mind cloud. I'm crazy, you know, I'm there's something wrong with me. But Ryan Clark says, and I think we have a clip of him, He says, every time he gets into an uber, the uber driver plays a rap song.
Speaker 6: I'm tired of being musically profiled in ubers. It's a Sunday, go to walk my Son's Dog getting an uber just some regular like you know, I think it was like pop or something was on man as you know says that, doesn't even ask me, he just changes the radio. First song All Lies on Me by Tupac. That's not even one of the songs I listen to.
Speaker 2: From that album.
Speaker 6: Then he plays many Men right fifty cent Right now, I'm starting to realize there's a theme. Then he hit me with the stay scheming, Bro, you gotta go pull staate scheming way off the pack for Ross and Drake and I had enough when it got to not like us like you totally profiled me and said this is the music this guy's like. And now I'm watching his lips as his lips sayn because.
Speaker 5: It's not even an edited version.
Speaker 6: And listen, bro, continuing all time album, Why cannot listen to John Mayer songs about.
Speaker 2: Jane, Classic, Maroon five, Hell Between the.
Speaker 3: Pines, Sam Hunt?
Speaker 6: I know a little now that ain't enough smoking my eyes to hide the kind of games you're trying to play, Like what about that Chris Young you I look, that's like one of my favorite songs, The Bluest Guys Don't Seem So Blue?
Speaker 7: It seems like you knew all the rap songs too, like giving Me against the World for something subtle and insane and the chill ten seconds was too much.
Speaker 5: Never had that happen before, by the way, where.
Speaker 3: You don't you get into a you get into an uber and they.
Speaker 4: Play playing slow jams. They keep playing slow jams. If they're playing rap, they keep playing rap. If they and they ask, hey, do you want me to change it? You're good with this, and like you're not black, so you don't know that's what it must be. Yeah, I don't believe that story. I believe that to be a lie. You either use lion I do. I mean just because you get into uh just.
Speaker 3: I believe that's just just because you get into a cab or an uber and they play Manfred Man, It's too.
Speaker 5: It's too continuing, It's all time album.
Speaker 6: Why cannot listen to John Mayer songs about Jane classic Maroon five?
Speaker 3: What did classic?
Speaker 5: I mean like he's got he's got hip hop songs and now we.
Speaker 3: Say classic Maroon five. That's like you can't use the voice where you'd be saying like like Rolling Stones classic Rolling Stones and and say Maroon five, right, it's.
Speaker 5: That's terrible, it's too much, it's it's it's the fact that he went four songs and he's and he's got so much detail on each one of them. It's you know what I mean. Oh, he had to dig so deep to get that one. Yeah, it's now.
Speaker 6: Today, So yeah, so uber people, uber drivers, just turn around. Hey man, do you like this music?
Speaker 4: Music?
Speaker 6: Would you want to listen to?
Speaker 3: But please?
Speaker 6: Or if you go go Tupac like giving me against the World for something and insane and chill?
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I'm I'm just gonna rattle off a couple of Tupac songs a little fifty cent here, But I totally am dialed into every song you played. But I take great offense to it that you would play it, even though it's music I clearly listened to and enjoy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, still upset.
Speaker 3: He really is the worst.
Speaker 5: He's the worst. He is the absolute worst.
Speaker 3: Classic Maroon five, classic mayor who else did you say?
Speaker 5: Sam Hunt?
Speaker 3: Terrible? Let mean, all right, I'm sorry, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Here's my number number of the day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was upsetting. All right?
Speaker 4: Here we go, disaster of a week last week. You know, at least Ryan Clark can talk about football.
Speaker 5: I'm terrible.
Speaker 4: One in four it was a mess, and we'll do Ramsey Hawks top story of today and how wild that was. But some picks try to repeat the run from two weeks ago. Maybe get a four and oh on the ledger as we close strong. I made the mistake of just picking teams that were front runners. Man had the Patriots out twenty one, nothing up nine.
Speaker 3: Were you reading your own press clippings? Was that what you were doing?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Just you know, these teams they get me all excited.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh, look at it.
Speaker 4: I got the Texans beating the snot out of the Cardinals. I got the Packers up nine, and here comes a bum to Christian Watson.
Speaker 5: This thing is gonna be.
Speaker 4: I got this one, got the Patriots plus one and a half. Now that all just fell apart. So I'm gonna take the Bills versus Chador. He had the one big game against the Titans. The national media got all.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: They got their bucket and their sponge to wash up his balls. Real good against bad teams. He played okay, four touchdowns, two interceptions, took three sacks, and they went one and one against the Raiders and Titans. Still completed just fifty five percent of his passes against his two good teams that he played forty nine Ers and Bears averaged one hundred and sixty yards passing one touchdown, three interceptions, took eight sacks, and his team was outscored by a combined fifty seven to a Josh Allen looks like he's gonna win his second consecutive MVP. The Bills rallied behind Alan to beat the Patriots and James Cook.
Speaker 5: He had a heck of game.
Speaker 4: Still have a shot at the AFC East at the pat stumble in Baltimore. You'll hear that right here on Sunday night. By the way, I suspect they'll win by two and a half. So I will my two touchdowns, I should say so, I'll lay the eleven. I will take Houston like I did last week in lay two touchdowns. They beat the Cardinals by over twenty points. Sam goes for the Raiders as the Browns. They are terrible, But unlike the Browns, who have an okay defense and an okay running game, the Raiders are awful.
Speaker 5: Worst team in the league.
Speaker 4: The Titans aren't that good, but they've been in more games tight games than the Raiders. Vegas is last in points per game, Houston as the league's number one defense, and as I mentioned, they just blew out the Cardinals. So going back to last week, Raiders offensive line coached up by the incomparable Brennan Carroll A Tross, they are atrocious and they're going up against Will Anderson, de Neil Hunter and Denied go Autry.
Speaker 5: So yeah, please give me all of that.
Speaker 4: If you have the Texans defense on your fantasy team, they may be your largest point producer of the I could see a pick six, a scoop and score on a stripsack Raiders one in five versus the number on the road, and those have not been small spreads. So I can envision this being like a thirty eight to seven style game. Lay the fourteen and a half. I'm gonna try it again. I'm gonna take the Patriots again as a dog. They're getting three. I know the Bills run attack, gashed them, throttle them.
Speaker 5: How about this? This is interesting?
Speaker 4: Josh Allen, Right, Lamar Jackson just not Lamar Jackson. And I'm sure some people will be upset at you know this take like Ryan Clark. Lamar Jackson has rushed for twenty six, forty three, twenty seven, eleven and ten yards in his last five games. That's a trend that's been going on for like three years now. This is a crazy stat. Quarterback with the most rushing touchdowns over the last three seasons Josh Allen. He's got thirty nine, right, so ah, Lamar's like right behind him, or maybe third to Jalen Hurts. Lamar Jackson has eleven r MA she touchdowns the last three years.
Speaker 5: He is not the same guy. He is not the same dude that won two MVPs.
Speaker 4: And without that, Baltimore's offense is not that special and that's the problem. So I will take the Patriots and the points. Finally give me the Bengals to his bench. Season's over for both of these teams differences. Mike McDaniel's going to be fired. There were some rumblings that players were tired of him before the season even started. Joe Burrow, though they don't.
Speaker 3: Like his Louis Vauton and his cool frames.
Speaker 5: Now they don't like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Joggers pulled up to the mid calf. The Golden Goose sneaks or whatever they are, Troy Ford or Roger Ford or Ford and Ford Sneakers, whatever they're called.
Speaker 3: William Carlos Williams exactly right.
Speaker 4: But you know what, people do like Joe Burrow and they don't like to see him super sad. So that team's going to rally, all right. I will lay the five and a half. I will take Joe Burrow to have football become fun again. And those are the picks. Bengals lay in five and a half, Patriots getting three in Baltimore, Houston lay in fourteen and a half, and the Bills lane eleven.
Speaker 3: I didn't like those racist Lamar Jackson stats.
Speaker 4: I just read the stats. He's got eleven rushing touchdowns the last three years. Josh Allen's got thirty nine.
Speaker 5: I mean, when stats are racist, I guess it's racist Friday here for sure.
Speaker 3: Totally roddy.
Speaker 2: This is the song of the Day.
Speaker 8: Sailors of Neptune is a three piece surf rock garage band from Orange County with a strong nautical name, giving us today's song of the Day called car song because it is a frog Man Friday on the Petros and Money Show, and the show is Sailors sailing the seas of great sports talk, leading you on a seafaring adventure to conclude the week with a four full hour radio show that'll give to the Fox Sports Radio Network and the Jason Smith Show that's coming up at seven o'clock. Happy Holidays, everybody, think you're right.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do the college football web around with Ford Maddox Sport in the very next segment, and we'll have NFL Talk at five o'clock, some international news, a lot of great sports talc to come on all the way till seven to night, but no Dodger Talk. Be safe out there.
Speaker 2: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer.
Speaker 1: Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 4: You're home with the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers. No Dodger tonight, and we will go to Fox Sports Radio Days celebration over there. Doug Gottlieb Show comes to an end. Today's farewell show earlier, congratulations to Doug. He'll continue with the Doug gott Leeb podcast as he coaches the University of Wisconsin Green Bay and men's basketball team.
Speaker 5: Thank you man, welcome.
Speaker 3: It is time for the College Whip. What this should be the last year of the twelve team college football Playoff, making sixteen schools put the top three teams from the Power for conference in the playoff instead of conference championship games. Allow the SEC and the Big Ten to hold a conference elimination game with their fourth and fifth place finishers playing for a CFP slot, and then we could add the two at large and we'll try to split off the Well, you know, I like the.
Speaker 5: Group of five. I always had hope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like people trying to split off the group of five.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I want two of them. I like having one.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 3: Back out half of college football anyway. My picks are forty eight and forty seven for the season. With Army Navy taking center stage last week, I did him stain from making a pick, but we're back at it tonight.
Speaker 2: Flat.
Speaker 3: I respect sir, Thank you for you service, thank you for your stolen valor. You b.
Speaker 5: What's unintentional?
Speaker 3: Tonight? Number nine Alabama ten and three at number eight Oklahoma ten and two five o'clock. But don't even bother.
Speaker 5: Nah, They're never gonna show.
Speaker 3: Its gonna suck. Tonight's game will be the third time Alabama and Oklahoma will play in less than thirteen months, and the Sooners beat the Tide twenty four to three last November, and Norman and the Sooners won twenty three to twenty one this November and Tuscaloosa. One of the biggest questions about Tonight's game is the help Obama quarterback Tye Simpson, the fourth year junior, has reportedly been dealing with a lower back injury that has caused his recent struggles. Simpson looked bad in the SEC title game against Georgia and the Tide score just one touchdown into queshing twenty eight to seven defeat. Conversely, the Sooners quarterback John Mattier the Engineer, broke his right thumb in late September. While Mytier missed only one game, he never regained the Heisman form that he was flashing. The loose end is that rumors are swirling about the Bamas coach Caitlin de Boor possibly leaving for the open Michigan job and the winner gets Indiana and the Rose Bowl on January first. The revenge factor is alive and well with the tide. I'm taking Alabama, oh plus a point and a.
Speaker 5: Half thwack, It's good call. Papadegas Oklahoma and a real SEC team and everybody knows it.
Speaker 3: I seem to do ok in the SEC. They did pretty well on the SEC. I mean they're hosting a college football playoff man anyway, first round number ten Miami ten and two at number seven Texas A and m eleven and one tomorrow at nine on ABC. The Aggies are favored by three and a half. How did the ACC have a five way tie for sale? For sure?
Speaker 5: Right, they're gonna have to rewrite those type riker rules?
Speaker 3: How did seven to five duke play first place Virginia in the title game?
Speaker 5: Really ruined things?
Speaker 3: How does college football have an outside vendor like the CFP run a twelve team playoff? But the leagues can't figure out a way to get the best teams into the conference championship game. You can't have seventeen and eighteen schools in a conference and expects things to go okay. Teams playing only eight or nine leagues games. There's no way to ever have a fair conference schedule. And I complement the acc for using a computer. But what kind of software would it have ever placed Duke above Miami in a five way tiebreaker.
Speaker 5: I believe it was leisure suit Larry.
Speaker 3: Oh leezer Suit Larry was a great show because you've got to have sex on the computer.
Speaker 5: It's exactly right.
Speaker 3: The one common opponent between the Canes and Aggies is Notre Dame. Both teams beat the Irish, and both games were played over three months ago. We were different people back then. The winner gets Ohio State and the Cotton Bowl. On December thirty, first Miami overcame the confusion of the weekly misguided CFP committee standings. I'm taking the Canes plus three and a half flat. It's all about this you CFP first round number eleven, two lane at number six old Miss eleven and two eleven and one Tomorrow twelve thirty on T and T. The Rebels are favored by seventeen and a half old Miss Smack Twulane forty five to ten three months ago in Oxford.
Speaker 5: It's a different time.
Speaker 3: Rebels quarterback Trinidad Chambliss threw for over three hundred yards and rushed for over one hundred in that game. Young guy out of Farris State, which I believe is named after Ferris Bueller.
Speaker 5: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: It's in Michigan.
Speaker 5: Save Ferris actually is what it's meaning.
Speaker 3: Save Ferris State. Now, Shambless is thinking about entering the transfer portal. Whenever the old missseason comes to an end. He might end up at LSU with Lane Kiffin. Pete Golding is the new coach at Mississippi. He was Lane Kiffin's DC and got a battlefield promotion. John Sumraw will be the new Florida coach, but he didn't abandon his two lane team, and I like the two lane cornerback the Gunslinger Jake Rhetz laugh. I also like the green Waves chances of avoiding another blowout winner against Georgia and the Sugar Bowl on January first. I'm taking two lane plus the seventeen and a half go GREENWAYE Gordon District, Andrew Friedman Forever Gooms, Golms, Golmes CFP first round number twelve, James Madison twelve and one at number five, oar A Gone eleven and one tomorrow at four point thirty on TNT Ducks versus Dukes. Ducks favored by twenty and a half. As of now, no rain in auntsin stadium is forecast for tomorrow evening. Matt, this one doesn't look good. Man for man, pound for pound, lever for lever, twitch for twitch. The Ducks have a massive advantage over the Dukes. You just don't see JMU players winning enough one on one matchups to avoid a big luck. That being said, I'm looking forward to Bob Chesney coming to UCLA and getting after and he already got his victory lap in Harrisonburg after JMU won the Sun Belt Championship game over Troy State. Biggest question would be if Ducks coach Dan Lanning goes crazy eyes in his pregame speech or does he saved the crazy eyes for the Orange Bowl against Texas Tech. Would save it right, I'm taking the Ducks minus twenty and a half. Save it, Matt says flat, Matt, you want the Hawaii Bowl Cal seven and five versus Hawaii eight and four Wednesday question?
Speaker 5: I would assume, Well, you don't have to have it, course I do.
Speaker 3: Rainbow Warriors favored by a point and a half. What about Sagapola Tella. He's gonna get to spend Christmas at home in Hawaii. And despite a great freshman season for a Sagapol to Taala, the Bears fired their head coach Justin Wilcox. They're bringing in Tosh Lupoy once his run at Oregon as DC is over. Sagapol Tela is set to play against the Rainbow Warriors. You can never be too sure about this what might happen. Nobody's set to do it. And while on one hand, Hawaii winning eight games on their bingo card, I did. Timmy Chang has done a great job. Actually I didn't have it on my bingo card. Even Timmy's done a great job for rebuilding. To be honesty, you know I love him. Though the Johanna spirit is real. A ninth win would be great for Hawaii, But I believe Cal played well under Nick Rolovich, beating SMU in the season finale. Rolovich is coaching the bowl game. He knows Hawaii give me the Golden Bears plus a point and a half the Valero Alibo Bowl number sixteen USC versus nine to three, se versus TCU, and I think TCU's quarterback is out. Josh Hoop entered the transfer portal. Trojans are favored by seven TCU offense was pure fifty to fifty run pass this season, but now that's out out of whack. In place of Hoover, the Frogs have sen your backup Ken Seals, Kevin Seals brother who threw only six passes it a tiant.
Speaker 5: Season, Yes Seals.
Speaker 3: The Trojans quarterback situation is solidified. Jade and Mayava confirmed this week that he's returning for twenty twenty six. Over the last two weeks, SC has had a handful of defensive players under the portal, as well as elite receivers Makai Lemon and Jacoby Lane out. I mean Lemon is out, but Lane is expected to play. One possible departure for the Trojans could be decordinator Danton Lynn, who's under consideration for the same job in Penn State, his alma mater. But USC won't worry about too many details on this trip to Texas. I expect to see the Trojans play everybody who dresses for the game. I'm most interested to see if Husaan Longstreet gets in the game. Matt if long Street doesn't play it with signal. He's soon to enter the transfer portal. Trojan's head coach Lincoln Riley can already taste win number ten and when sc wins, Link will make sure to mention that tenth win like a badge of courage. Hey, Link, Northey, I'm taking the Trojans minus seven flat. The favorites I'm taking are Oregon BYU Watch. I'm not taking I'm not picking that game, Oregon and USC and I'm loading up on all four underdogs. I got Bama, Miami, TWU Lane and the Bears all plus the points. All dogs, all day, best fruit in Lasuegos. We'll be back and finish up great sports talk for the hour and get to the next two hours, all the way till seven to night. Little counterprogramming for you, some NFL talk, some international talk, top story of the day, then the Live Guy Birthday in the day. Troubles are over, dude.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener. Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and Rodney.
Speaker 1: That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper talk without a musk. Follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: Just about halfway through, we'll be going till seven pm.
Speaker 4: Still top story of the day, You're dead and Alive, quick hits, all the stuff you are used to having. After a two hour show yesterday, another four hour today, We'll be back on Monday, and then Tuesday will be our final show of the year.
Speaker 3: Matt, I gotta ask you. You were mentioned that you were watching some West Covina City Council action and is that on YouTube?
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: I asked you to send it to me, and you did it.
Speaker 5: I will do that right now.
Speaker 3: I mean whatever, No, I get it like your right.
Speaker 4: Before we started the show and then Tony Wu comes on and the nights the crowd.
Speaker 3: I asked you like twenty times.
Speaker 4: I was detailing how Tony Wu comports himself in the meetings, which I would.
Speaker 5: Like to see.
Speaker 4: Yes, it got me very excited about prior to our conversation with Tony Wu. And then thankfully he brought that same energy that he has in the council meetings.
Speaker 3: You bring that same energy.
Speaker 5: Bull emoji.
Speaker 3: All right, we have a couple of textosos, and we'll get you on to the next hour. Some NFL talk, some talk international.
Speaker 2: Fine, brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: We make it easy. Matt is one hundred percent right about Clyile. It's just funny. He's fighting again with the elderly.
Speaker 5: Maybe I missed my time at Old Ranch.
Speaker 3: Perhaps you do. This is about your power surge, Matt. I used to hit save after every sentence. Hit save repeatedly as I sat and thought about what to write, Hit save over and over like I had OCD. It's not funny. No, this says, oh, this is from yesterday's show. Matt's forcing liquor on the listeners. I heard him say, what's the matter. You got school tomorrow. You were pretty negative, man, but you did. You had those Voice of the Bolts people come and visit you. All those young people. That was nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the bolt up from Inglewood. Five students, a couple already in college, one still in high school, couple nursing students. That was inspiring most definitely.
Speaker 3: They came out to touch the ham of the garment and the voys of the Bolts.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 4: December sixteenth, twenty twenty five, all three hours, three minutes and twenty seconds of it, and it's glory.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 5: We'll be back with more members. Council with disability, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm watching the West Covina City Council. Have a great night.
Speaker 5: Everybody one's disability.
Speaker 3: You can see you can spend the next two hours with us, but you can do something stupid like watch ESPN. That would be dumb, though, with great sports talk. Dumbass