Speaker 1: You are now listening to The Jim Colbert Show on Real Radio one oh four point one.
Speaker 2: Dad.
Speaker 3: Right, guys, here we go on a Tuesday edition of The Jim Colbert Show. Thank you so much for tuning in. We appreciate that, as we do every single day, and we do have a big program for you this afternoon. We will get caught up on what's happening in the world. That will do that around three twenty with JCS News four Oclock Howards, what'd you do that's new? We'll go over my choice. We'll find out what dep has to offer a little bit later. Also in the five o'lock Howard's Trivia, we'll ended up with It's only Money with every Buddy Scott Brown from Edge our family wealth and you heard it here first, your calls, text and talkbacks all day long. Welcome to the show. I'm Jim to my left, my lovely very Dangerous co hosm is Deb roberts Hell, straight Out producer Jack bratch Job Yet afternoon four seven nine one six four one. That's how you call us. Text us easily at seven to seven zero three one. Find us on social Instagram and Facebook at the Jim Colbert show on x just at Jim Colbert Show and all day every day at Jim Colbertlive dot com. That's where you can check us out on YouTube. Actually watch us to the show, get involved with our question of the day, get involved with the chat room, and if you want to send it talk back, that's easy as well. Grab the iHeartRadio app, go straight to Real Radio and use that mike to send your comment over to Jack and we will get you on the.
Speaker 4: Air, turn you into a superstar.
Speaker 3: You're three o'clock. You were just credit cr E D I T. Go to Real Radio dot fm and send that away for your chance at one thousand bucks. Credit is the word, guys, good luck. We hope you win.
Speaker 4: We really hope you win.
Speaker 3: We really do. Melissa spending all her money on a tat that those things are these days. It's like, is a tat one thousand bucks? Yeah? No, it can be. It can be. Yeah, I mean there are a few hundred. What's is it really?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: A simple? A simple tattoo is like still a couple. I think my daughter's getting one right now, is she really? Yeah? Wow, my little pony, She's getting my little pony tattoo. It's a thing. Yeah, okay, that's fine. I mean I am judging.
Speaker 4: Have you gotten your baby footprints yet?
Speaker 3: Oh no, And I'm gonna tell you baby footprints would take up my entire back right now. He's a fat ass. He's a chunky little nugget or my grandson. He's a great I saw him this morning a little bit. Well, he's a smile factory. That one. Dude.
Speaker 4: Don't get enough of that baby neck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's too good man, and he's so well behaved it makes you it's easy to love him even more because he doesn't holler and scream all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the second kid. Yeah, everybody knows that.
Speaker 3: You guys having a good day today. Everything good.
Speaker 4: I keep thinking it's Wednesday.
Speaker 3: It is not Wednesday, it is Tuesday.
Speaker 6: I do have some good news for you. As I checked, we had the nine PM winner last night. Ver nice Tommy Dan coming through again. Love that.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Yeah, good job, Nick, Thank you, Nicholas Bugs, get yourself a tat. Maybe you and Melissa can go together carpool.
Speaker 7: But listen, seriously, those those later in the day keywords, those are those are smart to play those players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, that's for sure. I got home last night after a long day at work. We're really slaving out here in the fields.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I discosh, you didn't you skip your nap yesterday?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And then came home last night. Wife gets home after me now because she's going to the gym after work. So usually the first thing my wife does, by the way, is anybody in your family obsessed with checking the mail? Is anybody in your family yet? Like the snail mail? Yeah? Yeah, like the snail mail. I'm the guy. Yeah yeah. Let me ask you a question. Do you get upset if anybody takes mail out of the mailbox, even it's even if it's to them, not if they live in our house? Okay, yeah, okay with that. Okay, good. But for some reason, my wife loves managing the mail in her house anything, even if I take mail out that has my name on it, She's like, what are you doing? I do all this. I'll tell you what, you know, I take care of this. This is like my thing. She loves that.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 6: It is, and but it's also for someone. She manages the money. The money, right, So we have things that come first. Because the day we ordered power at our house back in nineteen ninety nine. It was my wife who called, and so the power bill comes in her name. Now she has never sent them a die Yeah yeah, however in her name, so Jacks, that would be her mail that I would got handles. So since your wife handles the money.
Speaker 3: Why she does it right? And I'm very forgetful. I'll open something and send it somewhere and you know, just you know, just because it's got my name on it. I love getting mail, by the way. I don't know what it is. I love it. I don't care. Look, I don't care where it's from. It's like, look, somebody's say something, that's what he's been thinking about me.
Speaker 2: Loves.
Speaker 4: But seriously, I did get it pack in some pretty good coupons in the mail.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: Nice, I'm pretty good. Well I got the one mail you didn't want to get yesterday.
Speaker 4: Oh no, another note from her secreted mind.
Speaker 3: No by the way. No, by the way, though, for people who do not know, my wife wouldn't work out of go Jack.
Speaker 4: Oh, I love the way. We don't even have to say it.
Speaker 3: Last week came out of the gym. There was a very loopy letter. A loopy letter like a loopy written letter under her Winchal Wiper saying that.
Speaker 4: Loopy as in the person was.
Speaker 3: It didn't seem it didn't seem to be a dude.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it is more feminine handwriting.
Speaker 3: Could be I don't know, or just a guy that really knows himself well. But anyway, No, it wasn't that. There was and I asked her to by the way, I told her, I said, hey, look, keep your eye out because obviously if somebody's into you, you're gonna catch them. You're gonna bust them staring at you. Yeah, she looked after she looked yesterday and didn't catch anybody. No notes anywhere. No, not that male. Okay, what would be the other male? You would definitely not want to get. It's not a bill, it's not a collection anything like that. I r S not air. Oh, by the way, because I've had my experience with I r S. It is zero fun, anti fun.
Speaker 4: Let's see the worst kind of mail.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, it's debatable test results. No, God got those via email? That wasn't Arley.
Speaker 4: You're getting sued.
Speaker 3: No God, that's another great guest. Yeah, you and I would be into it.
Speaker 4: Oh you wouldn't be a crime.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no, I know what it is.
Speaker 3: And now I'm insulted.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right.
Speaker 7: I never responded to this text message. I was so jealous when I saw this last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah yah, I got a jury duty notice from Lake County. You got picked for jury du Yeah yeah, just you know, I've never been a jury dude in Lake County. I've done it in Seminole and an Orange County, so I have both of those experiences to compare this with what do you mean to deab you? And I would appreciate that, Oh, because like that's like to be on the jury.
Speaker 6: How many times I tell the story I'm trying to beg to get on the panel, the grand jury panel wouldn't Well, this is what I told my wife.
Speaker 7: Are you're of a financial crime kind of guy?
Speaker 4: I said, Look like like.
Speaker 3: I know what it takes to get off a jury and Seminole, and I know what it takes to get off of a jury and Orange usually just my name being read.
Speaker 7: I was going to say, I'm pretty sure you show up and they hear the name and the voice.
Speaker 3: But that's that was Seminol in Orange County. Now I've not been in I don't know about Lake County. I don't know if anybody's going to be like, I don't know if anybody's gonna recognize my name in Lake County. I'm gonna be dead honest with you. I'm a tiny bit nervous because it's a week long trial.
Speaker 7: Okay, so that definitely wouldn't be probably more financial, right.
Speaker 3: You think, like, I don't know, it could be anything. However, the child molestation trial I was supposed to go to is going to be a week.
Speaker 6: You you could go through that whole Q and a part. Yeah, the you go through that, and that's when you kind of you know, oh, yes, that slow flex on your profession.
Speaker 7: As soon as they see your oodles and oodles of empathy to be the.
Speaker 4: First one showsen.
Speaker 3: Prosecution may want them.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're just going to give them the executioners hood right off.
Speaker 3: Rip. That sounded like you said that facetious. It sounded like you didn't mean that as if I don't have empathy. You know, I'm a little said oodles excited about it and a little annoyed by it.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so they got very annoyed by it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gotta be Uh. I get there like eight in the morning or seven forty five a m A couple mondays from now, uh, to see if I qualify. Hopefully I can just kind of go. Man, I can't wait to talk about this guy on the air and then it's just bounced.
Speaker 7: Immediately, dress comfortably, bring something warm. Yeah, yeah, they have snack machines.
Speaker 3: But Charger, what I'm hoping is is that Lake County runs their courtroom the way that they run their DMV. Because I'm telling you, if that's the case, I'll be home by like seven fifty two, because I don't know if you know anything about Lake County's DMV.
Speaker 4: It's it is that sweet.
Speaker 3: I've never seen efficiency like that. That is by far, and I will tell you I have no problems saying, by far, the single most efficient government office I've ever used in my fifty years of life. I've never gone through anything better or faster than the Lake County DMV. It's like a challenge to them off Dave Walker or read on Dave Walker. Yeah, it's amazing, dude. You check in, I'm.
Speaker 4: Telling you, Jack, ten minutes later, you're out. Dude.
Speaker 3: The last time I went this is a true story. Last time I went, I went and checked in. Right by the time I checked in, I was walking back to my chair. Never even got to sit down. They called me before I even sat down. I wasn't in the building seven minutes. I've never experienced anything like that public stakes longer.
Speaker 4: What would be great?
Speaker 7: As you show up for jury duty and both the defense and the prosecution they are like, hey, love the show.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, that's exactly. And that's what happened last time. I was the judge. Last time, the insign that I walk in, they go the judge said something about the show. All right, Oh said, are you talking about this later? And I said, yep. That was it done? And I knew the defendant. You know who it was. I mean, I can talk about the case now right. It was Ben, the guy that was sine you want, you know, to win his money. It's that guy. It's that guy got caught up in that whole thing with Joel Olstein. His name sounds like a state or something like that. I free what it is, but Paris, Ben Paris, that's it. The state of Paris. Yeah, the state of Paris, the state or a country or whatever. Yeah, he was Zity in Texas. He was the guy that was on trial for that because he got caught up in all that stuff with Greenberg and uh it was a mess man Matt Gates and all that stuff. And in a minute they found out I knew the guy I was. I said it, I said, I know this guy.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, yeah, I have to be a pretty high elected official get away with this stuff in that crowd.
Speaker 3: All right? Four oh seven nine one four one text us at seven seven zero three one man. I just saw in the news a second ago. I don't know if Sean covered this or not, but one of the reasons I love going to a state sales is you just genuinely never know what you're gonna get. You know, you can go in there and buy a sachel. Inside that sachel could be anything, I mean, a box, it doesn't really matter. You know, you could find cool stuff. And I just I guess I just saw. Depp saw it actually right before we came on the area. Yeah, and says that Harland Sanders and his wife their estate is being liquidated and they're selling stuff and one of the really unique things that they think it's up for sale. That's part of this whole collective, there's sixty eight items being sold. Is a notebook of his from nineteen sixty four or sixty one or something like that. That way, the recipe's in there. And they claim that that this notebook, this little thing that to carry around, was what he carried with him when he visited restaurants to make notes about what should and shouldn't happen and improvements to the restaurants. And they say, there's a possibility that the recipe could actually be in this book. The KFC thirteen Herbs and spices could be sitting right there in a little leather bound book. Someone had to have checked. Well, I don't know where the state sales, but with those locker sales for you know, when you buy them from storage units, they're not supposed to go through it first. But now that's one of the big controversies in those shows, is that the people who owned the storage units crack the lot going there, go through it and find all the stuff and then sell it to you, because that's what pawn shops do. By the way, one of the reasons you go to pawn shops and you see, like I used to collect guitar equipment, and you go to guitar. You'd go there and you'd find some cool guitar equipment, but not the really good stuff. That I found out behind the scenes that when that stuff comes in, it never hits the shelves. It goes to a special area that they used to sell that to boutiques or vintage stores.
Speaker 7: Well, there was one recent story that sketched me out about the whole you know, buy it and then you can see it. A guy bought a house in foreclosure, was told you can't go inside, you just have to buy it as is, and was.
Speaker 3: Like that's why it's fifty grand.
Speaker 7: Or whatever exactly, and he was like, oh okay. So he buys it at auction, goes inside three dead people. No, come on, I'm that's the god is My witness said, it's a true story. He's holding up the sale because he wants the police to be able to come in and investigate, make sure there's nothing nefarious.
Speaker 3: Next up for Grabs is a crime scene.
Speaker 7: So that just tells you right off, rip you buy property and someone tells you you cannot look inside, you might not want to close that s.
Speaker 3: God, never buy one of the foreclosure properties. Look even the ones that we see that don't make sense. We're just like, nah, something's wrongs.
Speaker 4: A spirit or something exactly.
Speaker 3: Hey, you're three click keyword is credit. That's c R E D I T go to real Radio dot FM and send that away for your chance at one thousand bucks. They've got some news for us.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're going to talk about a judge rejecting an attempt to remove a Republican candidate in the governor's race. Nearly two hundred are arrested for human trafficking during the World Cup, and one sailor has quite the story of survival to tell. We'll talk about that and more coming up next during JCS news.
Speaker 3: You got it, take little break, We'll come back and get depths news and continue on with the Jim Colbert Show.
Speaker 8: You you know you have a teo The Villains of the.
Speaker 6: Wall and the day we raised a beer to me.
Speaker 9: I crossed off a boocket list, all right, running down an entire movie theater.
Speaker 3: Just to watch a movie.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I just know when you happened, and I went to see Minions and Monsters and there was no one there.
Speaker 3: I watched it with no pants. Have a good one, yo, Pence, No does he not remember calling us from the theater yesterday. I well, he.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't know if we played it because he was on a movie.
Speaker 3: Although he emailed.
Speaker 6: Me a picture of the Empathy theater and I responded, we played your talk backer.
Speaker 3: One. That's how you text call us. Text us at seven to seven zero three. One credit is you three o'clock keyword, that's credit. Slide over to real radio out of him and send it away with your chance at one thousand bucks. I'm Jim. Jack is right over there, and deb has your news.
Speaker 1: It's time for JCS news. Wow, this guy got a push name on everything.
Speaker 4: It's in my contract ed.
Speaker 3: Here's the news on the Jim Colbert Show.
Speaker 7: And the news on Jim Colbert Show. JCS news is brought to you by that mortgage guy. Don James Fishback will stay on next month's Republican primary ballot for governor. God Judge David Frank rejected a lawsuit against the State Division of Elections by Lieutenant Governor j Collins, who's also running to be governor. Collins claimed Fishback didn't meet the seven year residency requirement because he voted in Washington, DC in twenty twenty and filed resident paperwork and a mortgage application. Fishback called the suit quote disgraceful law, fair end quote, and calls the ruling a victory for voters.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 4: You don't want to expouse more.
Speaker 3: And the thing is is, I mean, I would never vote for that guy in a billion trillion years. I'd vote for this camera in front of me first. But it's just interesting how they did that. I mean, so much of that going on. I read that piece, but about you know, his voting thing. I thought that there's a possibility he could be bounced because I mean it's pretty thought, it's pretty clear what he didn't. I mean, I don't get it.
Speaker 4: But whatever, yeah, exactly whatever here we got.
Speaker 3: I mean, it takes a lot to get and removed from the ballot.
Speaker 6: They tried the same thing with Corey Mills, and that also came from the Republican opponent.
Speaker 3: But that was that was an ethics based thing though right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: He didn't file to do this or you know, follow the rule.
Speaker 7: They're going after anything and everything to get each other kicked off this ballot.
Speaker 3: Funny, all right.
Speaker 7: Miami Archbishop Thomas Wensky also was actually the bishop for Central Florida is in Washington, d C. Today holding emergency meetings with US Senators to push for a three year extension of temporary protected status. The high stakes mission follows yesterday official expiration for federal humanitarian protections, which has stripped over three hundred thousand Haitian nationals along with Syrians, of their legal work permits.
Speaker 3: It's like sending people back into a burning house.
Speaker 7: So traveling with the Archbishop Our Cardinal at Chilby Langlow of Haiti, Archbishop Robert Casey of Cincinnati, and Bishop Jacques Fabre June of Charleston. However, on the flip side, the state CFO, Blazing Golia believes Florida will be fine even if Haitians who no longer have temporary protected status are deported or choose to leave the country.
Speaker 8: I do not believe it when somebody says that the economy is going to have a problem.
Speaker 3: Businesses are going to have their problem.
Speaker 9: If you are hiring illegal labor in the first place, and you're not taking care of those people and you are incentivizing people to come over, that's on you.
Speaker 7: And Golia says Florida has been cracking down on immigration for years and have been able to fill jobs as the economy thrived. He stresses the state will continue to participate in federal two to eighty seven g agreement to deport wanted illegals.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 7: A man accused of kidnapping a girl in mary And County is dead after a shootout with deputies, the Sheriff's office announced yesterday. Jason Castillo died last night after a shootout in Bellevue. The forty five year old refused to pull over and deputies had to use a pit maneuver to force him to stop, and when they tried to arrest them, shots were fired. You know, from nine separate police officers.
Speaker 3: Wow really nine? Wow? Yeah? The one that this was the one with the amberller. Yeah, the young lady, the thirteen or fourteen year old from Ocala or whatever exactly.
Speaker 7: Castia was accused of kidnapping his ex girlfriend's thirteen year old daughter, Juliet Luis Arioso yesterday from her home and Okella the amberlert was issued before she was found safe. That was then canceled. But he was got into that shootout with deputies, so he dropped her off somewhere or something else.
Speaker 4: She was in the vehicle.
Speaker 3: She was in the vehicle, and all the shooting was going.
Speaker 4: On as far as I'm aware of, Yes, all right, where.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems water. It seems wild to be firing nine different angles into a car with a fourteen year old in there. I mean, they gotta do what they gotta do, I guess, but I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 7: But when I saw today the amount of deputies, I was like, well, I thought one could probably turn.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 7: A suspect wanted for homicide and Volusia County is also dead after a crash in ber Vard County. Titusville Police announced last night the Flock safety camera system got a hit on the suspects car, but when officers tried to pull it over, the driver refused to stop and it crashed near Sandpoint Park. The driver was killed, but the TPD says no officer fired their weapon, and some have criticized the flock safety camera system over privacy concerns. We talked about it ourselves on the show last night, but Mayor Andrew Connor says this incident demonstrates the value of investing in modern public safety technology. He adds those tools help officers respond quickly to dangerous situations and play an important role in protecting the community.
Speaker 3: I think what they need to do with that information is have a situation that when it when your name is searched, it alerts you. That's what needs to happen with that. Look, that's the big thing, right. I don't think anybody really disagrees with the idea that this information and technology can keep us safer as a society, a collective society. It's the rogue actors that have access to it that make it a little sketchy. But it should send you some type of notification. They'll let you know, Hey, your personal information has been accessed via this machine and you just need to know that. Here's where what if it's a suspect in an ongoing investigation?
Speaker 7: And not only that, the DMV won't even like really, they'll give you one attempt to let you know your license was suspended. Remember that one time you went to DMV and went, oh, yeah, hell.
Speaker 3: But I guess if they can't tell you that if you're a suspect in something, maybe they can put a notification on that or check a box that says that's the case where you don't get notified. But I don't know, but it just seems like the people want protection from it. But when you look at what it does, you know, this is now the second or third person we know, well that's been caught that you know, via this flock information. And just like the last two months, just here around.
Speaker 7: Here, exactly all right, the World Cup Human Trafficking Task Force is touting it's good work during the tournament in Miami. At a news conference, Miami Police Chief Edwin Lopez says the multi agency cooperation was the key to their success.
Speaker 3: The data is astronomical.
Speaker 10: One hundred and seventy eight arrests were made during this time, just over three weeks of individuals that were targeting folks in our community for sex related offenses. Seventeen victims were rescued potential victims of human trafficking.
Speaker 7: Miami Dade County State Attorney Catherine Fernandez Rundel also credited the World Cup Act public awareness campaign during the games. It had residents and businesses reporting suspicious activities leading to some of these arrests. Oh really, and just in case you any one of us underestimate just how much planning has to go into planning security around one of these huge events planning has already ramped up for Super Bowl sixty.
Speaker 4: Four in Nashville.
Speaker 7: Damn really, with the FBI using lessons learned from the recent FIFA World Cup to shape security plans.
Speaker 4: But yes, I'm telling you.
Speaker 7: Federal officials say they're working with Metro Nashville police years in advance to prepare for the massive event, with special attention on drone threats, intelligence sharing, and human trafficking prevention. The FBI says it screened thousands of visitors during the World Cup and expects that experience to help keep fans safe when super Bowl comes to Music City in twenty thirty.
Speaker 4: Twenty thirty. M.
Speaker 3: Barway, No, but I mean it is, but it's not, it's not. But what it's interesting.
Speaker 6: It's also a new location, right, I would assume that when they go and the super Bowl is in a place where it's been before, they kind of have a blueprint for security. Yeah, they do, and you know, you can always update it. But when it's a brand new location, they have to do a little more leg work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 7: They've got neighborhoods they've never had to vet before, businesses around the site. Back here in Florida, New Jersey college student has died following a fall while on a trip to the Gulf Coast with friends. According to family and friends on social media, twenty year old Victoria Zardoya fell while at the Historic Ruins at Fort Dade on Egmont Key last Friday. She was reportedly friends and family. She was reportedly friends with the family of Real Housewives of New Jersey's TV person personality Teresa Judaice, who paid tribute to Zardoya on social media. She fell on the stairs. They airlifted her to the hospital, but unfortunately she didn't survive the fall.
Speaker 4: Wow, isn't that crazy? Isn't that something you ever expect to hear in this state of Florida.
Speaker 7: All Right, we brought you this story yesterday, and it looks like that Secret Service agent who's facing hazing charges in Miami Dade County has a friend with a legal analyst who says it may be hard for prosecutors to prove their case. Former state Prosecutor David Weinstein discussed the case yesterday against the Secret Service agent and two other men. They allegedly beat a pledge to the Kappa Alpha PSI fraternity back in April over several days in an apartment where the two victims, one specifically was hospitalized with acute kidney failure. But apparently skin graphs had to also happened. Soft tissue had to be removed. These men were beaten about their buttocks with paddles and I mean for four days.
Speaker 3: They said that this went on to the point where they have to have skin graphs, skin graphs and other and there's gonna be no criminal charges.
Speaker 7: Weinstein points out that this fraternity is for graduate students, and he said that could be important because the state's hazing law is written for university campus charters. Oh my god, And he tells NBC six if the Miami, if the state can't prove KELFA alpha PSI was affiliated with a secondary institution, then the hazing charge is going.
Speaker 3: To failed to abuse. Wow. What's even weirder about it is grown.
Speaker 7: Men and one who's been with the Secret Service for over three years. Unreal, man, right, you'd think, I mean he has since been removed from service the Secret Services.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, we don't know him.
Speaker 7: Yeah all right, I want to look save some money on your pets. Orange County Animal Services is moving its vaccination and microchip event to Barnett Park this month. That's because the County Shelter is currently under construction. They already had their cat clinic, but the dog clinic will take place tomorrow from seven am to eleven am. It's on a first come, first serve basis. But if your dogs need vaccinations or microchips and you really could use to save some money, that would be a great place to head out to tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: You know, just going back to the store. You had a minute ago about that young lady who fell. Yeah, I just looked up this place where she fell from. I mean it's like a it's like it's one story of stairs. She must have just fallen, maybe stepped wrong and fallen off of it and just fall fallen right under her head. And she was absolutely stunningly beautiful young really yeah, what a shame.
Speaker 4: Man, I know, only twenty years old.
Speaker 3: It's like a it doesn't even go up that high. You could jump off of it and survive easily.
Speaker 4: You'd hope.
Speaker 7: But again, if you fall and you hit something just the right way, yeah, it's just it's stone steps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would be jumping off your roof and there's grass next to it. So she must have fallen really on that other side onto the concrete or something. Wow, that's so crazy.
Speaker 6: Two quick notes deb textures say that the girl in the kidnap case she ran from the car.
Speaker 4: Before this show, Thank goodness. Okay.
Speaker 6: And second, where is the pet vaccination discounting that.
Speaker 4: Is going to be at Barnett Park.
Speaker 7: So Barnett Barnett Park, that's an Orange County and it's going to take place Tomorrow, Wednesday, the twenty ninth, from seven am to eleven eight.
Speaker 3: So they're on the west side of Pine Hills as you're leaving Pine Hills that area there, Yeah, exactly, And it's got one of the finest frisbee or disc golf courses in central Fwida. One understands, well, hot, damn, there you go. I always wanted to play.
Speaker 4: It does look like fun. It does look like fun.
Speaker 3: We could do it.
Speaker 7: Another animal news Burmese pythons are now considered to be established in parts of Charlotte County. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission tells Gulf Coast News that the affected area is in the western part of the county, so between twenty fifteen and twenty twenty five, the FWC received about sixty three reports of Burmese pythons in Lee and Charlotte Counties, mostly in Rotunda, West, Placida at Englewood East and South Gulf Cove. They began seeing a spike in reports in twenty twenty and continue to monitor, survey and remove the pythons when possible. Officials say there's no indication the Burmese pythons in the area are the result of natural migration and are likely escaped or released captive animals. I've heard that it is a natural migration going north because of course they've practically eaten the everglades, all of the key deer, other alligators, rabbits, and you name it, they've decimated it. If you do see one, you are asked to call the Invasive Species Hotline or just call FWC because it's probably only a matter of time before we see them here.
Speaker 4: All right, this next.
Speaker 3: Story, Yeah, we already have monkeys, Jack, that's true, dude, monkeys, the monkeys of Maldorra. Yeah, that's like a thirty mile trip.
Speaker 7: And you said there monkeys have also been spotted. And remember we also had some monkeys spotted out a couple of residences in longwood. That's right, Jack, So all right, this next story, snakes are coming, Yes, the snakes are coming from the south.
Speaker 4: The monkeys are coming from the north, and we're being squeezed in the middle.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 7: This next story is to prime the pump for Jack to get out there and get that metal detector he's wanted so long.
Speaker 3: What do you got?
Speaker 4: And Jimmy, this story is also for you because this just hits you both where all right? A search for buried treasure Oka.
Speaker 7: Has a group of men digging around Pasco County.
Speaker 4: Epic Treasure Hunters.
Speaker 7: Captain Joe Ziga and his team are looking for pirate treasure er plunder me booty that may be buried on a remote island. No, do not mark that, Jack. I saw you snap up out of your bear.
Speaker 4: Damn it. Put that pen down.
Speaker 3: What do you want to do to your boody? You know? Thunder Wonder.
Speaker 11: Wonder booty, wunder you know, get in there and take stuff.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm talking.
Speaker 7: They believe the treasure may have been buried in the early nineteenth century and could be worth how much money do you think this treasure may be?
Speaker 3: Oh my God, almighty? Uh seven?
Speaker 4: And a half million, ten million, two hundred million.
Speaker 3: Dollars all the booty we get plundered.
Speaker 7: They haven't found anything yet, but Ziga tells Fox thirteen News they're in it for the long haul.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, now this is another TV show waiting to have the curse of whatever island? Isn't it That TV show's been on the air for fifteen years. They haven't found nothing. We found a little bored it's only cost US twenty one million dollars. We found an old board.
Speaker 4: Well, they say they're not giving up. Jimmy, yeah load.
Speaker 7: And then finally, a sailor from California is recovering after spending oh about a month drifting at sea.
Speaker 3: Woo jeez.
Speaker 7: Kaichi Kai Soto left Catalina Island on June seventh for his first solo road to Hawaii. Two weeks in, his mass broke and the phony was using for navigation. That's stopped working too. He then tried to go back to California under motor power, but his boat ran.
Speaker 4: Out of fuel.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Sato says he was taken south by the current and kept drifting off course while he tried to improvise repairs. He was also running out of drinking water. He survived on condensation, oatmeal, and on fish and squid that landed on.
Speaker 3: His boat just landed on his boat.
Speaker 7: The crew aboard a cargo ship found Sato on July twenty first, about nine hundred miles from Hawaii and brought him on board.
Speaker 3: WHOA, that's crazy.
Speaker 7: The crew provided him with food, water, clothing, and a room before heading back to land.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Man, fuck, that is horrifying. Imagine all those nights out there in the middle of nowhere dealing with storms.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 3: The stars.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but everything you touch brakes or runs out of fuel or stops working.
Speaker 4: It's hard not to feel like, God, are you trying to tell me something.
Speaker 3: I'm fixing stuff? Dude, You're bad at this, buddy.
Speaker 7: And that concludes your JCS news.
Speaker 3: All right, four one text us at seven seven zero three one. Don't forget your three o'clock You were his credit cr E d I T go to real radio dotef him and send that away for your chance in a thousand bucks back in one second with more of the Jim Covert Show.
Speaker 4: Answer your phone. If you get the call, good luck.
Speaker 1: Someone's gonna get a trend in. It's just the way the world works, so hopefully save everyone a little time and or energy. Here's this. The opinions that you hear are those of the host and callers and not those of Iinhart, Media X managements or advertisers. You are now listening to The Jim Colbert Show on Real Radio one oh four point one.
Speaker 3: That's right, guys, here we go on a Tuesday edition of The Jim Colbert Show. Thank you so much for tuning in. We appreciate that, as we do every single day, and we do have a big program for you this afternoon. We will get caught up on what's happening in the world. That will do that around three twenty with JCS News four o'clock Howards, what'd you do that's new? We'll go over my choice. We'll find out what Deb has to offer a little bit later. Also in the five o'lock Howards Trivia, we'll ended up with It's Only Money with our buddy Scott Brown from Edge our family Wealth and you heard it here first, your calls, text and talkbacks all day long. Welcome to the show. I'm Jim. To my left, my lovely very dangerous cosm is Deb Roberts. Hello there, straight out producer Jack Batch Show Yet afternoon four seven nine one six four one. That's how you call us. Text us easily at seven to seven zero three one. Find us on social Instagram and Facebook at d Jim Colbert Show on x just at Jim Colbert Show and all day every day at jimp corport Live dot com. That's where you can check us out on YouTube. Actually watch us through the show. Get involved with our question of the day, get involved with the chat room, and if you want to send it talk back, that's easy as well. Grab the iHeartRadio app, go straight to Real Radio and use that mike to send your comment over to Jack and we will get you on the.
Speaker 4: Air, turn you into a superstar.
Speaker 3: You're three o'clock. He were just credit c R E D I. Go to Real Radio dot fm and send that away for your chance at one thousand bucks. Credit is the word. Guys, good luck. We hope you win.
Speaker 4: We really hope you win.
Speaker 3: We really do. Melissa spending all her money on a tat that those things are these days. It's like, is a tat one thousand bucks? Yeah? No, it can be, it can be. Yeah, I mean there a few hundred. What's is it really like a simple A simple tattoo is still a couple hundred. I think my daughter's getting one right now, is she really? Yeah? Wow, my little pony. She's getting my little pony tattoo. It's a thing. Yeah, okay, that's fine. I mean I am judging.
Speaker 4: Have you gotten your baby footprints yet?
Speaker 3: Oh no? And I'm gonna tell you baby footprints would take up my entire back right now. He's a fat ass. He's a chunky little nugget or my grandson. He's a great I saw him this morning a little bit. He's well, he's a smile factory. That one. Dude.
Speaker 4: Don't get enough of that baby neck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's too good man, and he's so well behaved it makes you it's easy to love him even more because he doesn't holler and scream all the time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's the second kid. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 3: You guys having a good day today. Everything good.
Speaker 4: I keep thinking it's Wednesday.
Speaker 3: It is not Wednesday, it is Tuesday.
Speaker 6: I do have some good news for you. As I checked, we had the nine PM winner last night, Vernice Dan coming through again. Love that that's awesome. Yeah, good job Nick, Thank you, Nicholas Bugs gets yourself a tat. Maybe you and Melissa can go together carpool.
Speaker 7: But listen, seriously, those those later in the day keywords, those are those are smart to play those players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, that's for sure. I got home last night after a long day at work, really slaving out here in the field.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I discosh you didn't you skip your nap yesterday?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah? And then came home last night. Wife gets home after me now because she's going to the gym after work. So usually the first thing my wife does, by the way, is anybody in your family obsessed with checking the mail? Is anybody in your family? Yeah? The snail mail? Yeah yeah, like the snail mail. I'm the guy. Yeah yeah. Let me ask you a question. Do you get upset if anybody takes mail out of the mailbox, even it's even if it's to them, not if they live in our house? Okay? Yeah, okay with that, Okay, good. For some reason, my wife loves managing the mail in her house anything, even if I take mail out that has my name on it, She's like, what are you doing? I do all this. I'll tell you what, I take care of this. This is like my thing. She loves that. Well, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 6: I think it's called it is, and but it's also for someone. She manages the money, the money, right, so we have things that come first. Because the day we ordered power at our house back in nineteen ninety nine, it was my wife who called, and so the power bill comes in her name. Now she has never sent them a die yeah, yeah, however it's her name, so Jack, thanks, that would be her mail that I would got candles. So since your wife handles the money.
Speaker 3: She does it right. And I'm very forgetful. I'll open something and send it somewhere and you know, just you know, just because it's got my name on it. I love getting mail, by the way, I don't know what it is. I love it. I don't care. Look, I don't care where it's from. It's like, look it somebody's say something. That's somebody he's been thinking about me. Loves me.
Speaker 7: But seriously, I did get it pack in some pretty good coupons in the mail.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 4: Nice, It went pretty good.
Speaker 3: Well, I got the one mail you didn't want to get yesterday.
Speaker 4: Oh no, another no from her secreted mind.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, by the way, No, by the way though, for people who do not know my wife wouldn't work out a.
Speaker 4: Color we go jack oh, I love the way. We don't even have to say it.
Speaker 3: Last week, but came out of a gym, there was a very loopy letter, a loopy letter, like a loopy written letter under her winchial Wiper saying.
Speaker 4: That loopy as in the person was.
Speaker 3: It didn't seem it didn't seem to be a dude.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it is more feminine handwriting.
Speaker 3: Could be I don't know, or just a guy that really knows himself well. But anyway, No, it wasn't that. There was and I asked her to, by the way, I told her, I said, hey, look, keep your eye out because obviously if somebody's into you, you're gonna catch them. You're gonna bust them staring at you know. Yeah, she looked after she looked yesterday and didn't catch anybody. No notes anywhere. No, not that male. Okay, what would be the other male? You would definitely not want to get bill. It's not a bill, it's not a collection anything like that. I rs not there. Oh, by the way, because I've had my experience with I it is zero fun.
Speaker 4: Anti fun let's see the worst kind of mail.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, it's debatable test results. No, God, got those via email? That wasn't Arley.
Speaker 4: You're getting sued.
Speaker 3: No God, that's another great guest. Yeah, you and I would be into it.
Speaker 4: Oh you wouldn't be you for a crime.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no, I know what it is.
Speaker 3: And now I'm insulted. Oh that's right.
Speaker 7: I never responded to this text message. I was so jealous when I saw this last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a jury duty notice from Lake County. You've got picked for jury dude?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, not just you know, I've never been a jury dudey in Lake County. I've done it in Seminole and an Orange County, so I have both of those experiences to compare this with what do you mean, todab You and I would appreciate.
Speaker 4: This, oh, because like that's like to be on the jury.
Speaker 6: How many times I tell the story I'm trying to beg to get on the panel, the grand jury panel.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't. Well, this is what I told my wife.
Speaker 4: Are you more of a financial crime kind of guy?
Speaker 3: I said? Look, I was like, like, I know what it takes to get off a jury and seminole, and I know what it takes to get off of a jury and Orange usually just my name being read.
Speaker 7: I was going to say, I'm pretty sure you show up and they hear the name and the voice.
Speaker 3: But that's that was seminol in Orange County. Now I've not been in I don't know about Lake County. I don't know if anybody's going to be like, I don't know if anybody's gonna recognize my name in Lake County. I'm gonna be dead honest with you. I'm a tiny bit nervous because it's a week long trial.
Speaker 7: Okay, so that definitely wouldn't be that's probably more financial, right.
Speaker 3: You think, like, I don't know, it could be anything. However, the child molestation trial I was supposed to go to is going to be a week.
Speaker 6: You you could go through that whole Q and a part. Yeah, the you go through that, and that's when you kind of you know, oh, yes, that slow flex on your profession.
Speaker 7: As soon as they see your oodle and oodles of empathy, you're going to be the first one Chowsen.
Speaker 3: Prosecution may want them, Yes, that sound, you're just going to.
Speaker 4: Give them the executioners hood right off.
Speaker 3: Rip. That sounded like you said that facetious, sounded like you didn't mean that as if I don't have empathy. You know, I'm a.
Speaker 4: Little said oodles, little.
Speaker 3: Excited about it and a little annoyed by it.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so they got very annoyed by it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be Uh. I get there like eight in the morning or seven forty five a m A couple mondays from now, uh to see if I qualify. Hopefully I can just kind of go, man, I can't wait to talk about this guy on the air and then it's just bounced.
Speaker 7: Immediately, dress comfortably, bring something warm. Yeah, yeah, they have snack machines.
Speaker 3: But Charger, what I'm hoping is is that Lake County runs their courtroom the way that they run their DMV. Because I'm telling you, if that's the case, I'll be home by like seven fifty two, because I don't know if you do know anything lake County's DMV.
Speaker 4: Oh, it is that sweet.
Speaker 3: I've never seen efficiency like that. That is by far, and I will tell you I have no problem to say, by far, the single most efficient government office I've ever used in my fifty years of life. I've never gone through anything better or faster than the Lake County DMV. It's like a challenge to them. Off. Dave Walker, right on, Dave Walker. Yeah, it's amazing. Dude. You check in, I'm telling you, Jack.
Speaker 4: Ten minutes later you're out. Dude.
Speaker 3: The last time I went, this is a true story. Last time I went, I went and checked in. Right by the time I checked in, I was walking back to my chair, never even got to sit down. They called me before I even sat down. I wasn't in the building seven minutes. I've never experienced anything like that public stakes longer.
Speaker 4: What would be great?
Speaker 7: As you show up for jury duty and both the defense and the prosecutioner are like, hey love the show.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, that's exactly. And that's what happened last time. I was the judge. Last time, the insign that I walk in, they go. The judge said something about the show. All right, Oh said are you talking about this later? And I said, yep, that was it done? And I knew the defendant. You know who it was. I mean, I can talk about the case now right. It was Ben, the guy that was fine you want, you know to win his money. It's that guy it's that guy got caught up in that whole thing with Joel Olstein. His name sounds like a state or something like that. I free what it is, but Paris ben Paris, that's it. The state of Paris. Yeah, the state of Paris, the state or a country or whatever. Yeah, he was Zity in Texas. He was the guy that was on trial for that because he got caught up in all that stuff with Greenberg and uh it was a mess man Matt Gates and all that stuff. And in a minute they found out I knew the guy I was. I said it, I said, I know this guy.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, yeah, I have to be a pretty high elected official. Get to go away with this stuff in that crowd.
Speaker 3: All right? Four oh seven nine four one text us at seven seven zero three one man. I just saw in the news a second ago. I don't know if Sean covered this or not. But one of the reasons I love going to a state sales is to just genuinely never know what you're going to get. You know, you can go in there and buy a sachel. Inside that sachel could be anything, I mean, a box, it doesn't really matter. You know, you can find cool stuff and I just I guess I just saw dep saw it actually right before we came on the area. Yeah, and says that Harland Sanders and his wife their estate is being liquidated and they're selling stuff. And one of the really unique things that they think it's up for sale that's part of this whole collective there's sixty eight items being sold, is a notebook of his from nineteen sixty four or sixty one or something like that. That way the recipe's in there. And they claim that that this notebook, this little thing that he carried around, was what he carried with him when he visited restaurants to make notes about what should and shouldn't happen and improvements to the restaurants. And they say there's a possibility that the recipe could actually be in this book. The KFC thirteen Herbs and Spices could be sitting right there in a little leather bound book. One had to have checked. You're not supposed to, well, I don't know where the state sales, but with those locker sales for you know, when you buy them from storage units, they're not supposed to go through it first. But now that's one of the big controversies in those shows is that the people who owned the storage units crack the lot going there, go through it and find all the stuff and then sell it to you, because that's what pawn shops do. By the way, one of the reasons you go to pawn shops and you see, like I used to collect guitar equipment, and you go to guitar you'd go there and you'd find some cool guitar equipment, but not the really good stuff. That I found out behind the scenes that when that stuff comes in, it never hits the shelves. It goes to a special area that they used to sell that to boutiques or vintage stores.
Speaker 7: Well, there was one recent story that sketched me out about the whole you know, buy it and then you can see it. A guy bought a house in foreclosure, was told you can't go inside, you just have to buy it as is, and was.
Speaker 3: Like that's why it's fifty grand or whatever.
Speaker 7: Exactly, and he was like, oh, okay, So he buys it at auction, goes inside three dead people. No, come on, that's god is my witness said, it's a true story. So now he's holding up the sale because he wants the police to be able to come in and investigate, make sure there's nothing nefarious.
Speaker 3: Next up for grabs is a crime scene small.
Speaker 4: So that just tells you right off.
Speaker 3: Rip.
Speaker 7: You buy property and someone tells you you cannot look inside, you might not want to close that s loo.
Speaker 3: God, never buy one of those foreclosure properties. Look even the ones that we see that don't make sense. We're just like, nah, something's wrong.
Speaker 4: Is a spirit or something exactly?
Speaker 3: Hey, you're three click keyword is credit. That's ce r E D I T go to Real Radio dofhim and send that away for your chance at one thousand bucks. They've got some news for us.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're going to talk about a judge rejecting an attempt to remove a Republican candidate in the governor's race. Nearly two hundred are arrested for human trafficking during the World Cup, and one sailor has quite the story of survival to tell. We'll talk about that and more coming up next ring JCS News.
Speaker 3: You gott it, take little break, We'll come make and get Dev's news and continue on with the Jim Corbort Show.
Speaker 4: Real Monsters in the morning.
Speaker 3: And I'm driving her nuts. I gotta stop. Doesn't she just love grabbing onto your fatty areas? Damn dasy but.
Speaker 4: Real radio one on four point one.
Speaker 9: There's some scattered showers in the area, slowing down your ride on some parts of I four, so expect some rainy conditions. There's some slowdownstern to form through the city, getting through Doctor Phillips and Lake Buena Vista. There's delays. There's a crash on Orange Avenue at Michigan Street.
Speaker 13: Hey, guys and gals, this is don Hey, listen, you don't have to do jewelry, dudie. Unless that letter was sent.
Speaker 14: To where you have to sign for it registered, you can throw it in a trash and if they ever say anything, you say you never got nothing in the mel because postal mel gets lost.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 13: It's happened to me before. I just trashed it. Never heard from them later.
Speaker 3: You're a bad American, don I'm not illegal man.
Speaker 15: Send them an email saying you're a radio host and you can't go because blah blah blah, and they'll let you ride off. I'm self employed. Every time I get one to say, look, I can't be in a week on trial. I have a million launs to mode and they let me off every time. So I mean, come on, man, be smarter than that.
Speaker 3: Be smarter than that. I'm trying to be a good American dude. Yeah, take care of my duties. What is it? This is sad. So many people just don't want to do that. I get it's a pain in the as i''re making it like twenty bucks a day. But yeah, yeah, well put it this way.
Speaker 6: If if either done or that dude or anyone ends up on the jury, I hope.
Speaker 3: You get the jury you deserve.
Speaker 4: Wow. Right, that's a good point though.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just you know, just think of what you put into it and what might be on the other side of that jury box one.
Speaker 7: Day, bet because they're the jury of your peers that help decide on your sentence. You want people that are passionate about doing their civic duty.
Speaker 3: All right, seven to seven zero three one, welcome back. I'm Jim. There's deb Jacket here as well. We'll have another keyword for you at the top of the hour. If you want to do this one, you get about eight minutes or so. It is credit c R E D I T go to real radio. Dout of him and send that. I'll for your chance in one thousand.
Speaker 4: Bucks had a winner at nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, winter at night, last night, last night.
Speaker 4: I don't call me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I want to talk about something, but I don't want to get it started now and then have to go into what you do and then come back out of that. Oh come on, man, can you well no, I mean, this one's kind of cool. It's just kind of interesting. I did not know this was the case. So there's an activist who was out of Atlanta. His name is Samuel Tunick. He was on his way home following a trip when he landed. US customs agents demanded access to his phone, which was running an alternative version of Android called graphene o oska. So what was this? What the deal was this? This guy is an activist. And remember that cop town they were trying to build just north of Atlanta. We've actually talked about it a number of times. It's called cock Town, but basically it's just giant training facility in North Georgia and the people who live around it do not want it there. They don't want it there at all. And I think there were some sketchy stuff to get the clearance to get it up there something. But this guy was one of the activists who was on the record really not wanting this thing around, right, right, And so apparently when you do things like that and you are an activist, you get on a database. Well with this administration, maybe you do. You get on a data bud.
Speaker 7: Well, hell, we know in this data you get on with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, so you know. So basically, when he came back in, they knew he left. When he was coming back in, they detained him and they asked him for his phone, and they wanted to go through his phone because they said that there was a possibility that or terrorist activities and they wanted to make sure that all that was clear. And the warrant, well, no, they didn't have a warrant. It had nothing to do it. No warrant. No you can't go through my phone. Yeah, yeah, no warrant at all.
Speaker 4: But like with the World Cup, this was a big issue.
Speaker 7: Like people were told, listen, bring a burner phone because they're going to be checking your social media and you don't want to take the risk that you say something not so nice about this administration and then they're going to say you can't come in.
Speaker 3: He was involved with a group called Defend the Atlanta Forest, which opposed the construction of this enormous law law enforcement training facility known as cop City. What he didn't know he'd been placed on this watch list for his actions, that Customs and Border Protection had discussed email plans to detain him upon his arrival for quote suspected terrorism activities, and during the interrogation CFB or CBSCBP agents told him they wanted to search his phone for evidence of child sex abuse and if he didn't unlock the phone, it would be confiscated. By the way, this apparently happens quite a bit. Oh yeah, they just take your phone and they search it and if they don't find anything, I don't know if they send it back to you or what. But they can just take it. Apparently.
Speaker 7: Now there have been a couple of tourists who've gotten off of cruise ships in Miami who have had their phone searched and found CSM material on their phone.
Speaker 3: It says that the government has long asserted broad authority to examine and seize electronic devices at the border for virtually any reason. They can literally make it up. I was never read his rights and requested the legal council several times, but they never listened to him when they did that. Well, this guy's actually in jail now. He's facing felony charges because this is what happened. This extra software that he was running, this graphene software, has a thing on it, right, and this thing is a code. So when they ask you for your code to unlock your phone, you give them this code. And when you punch this code in, it does not unlock your phone. What it does is wipe your phone right, completely wipes it clean, factory settings back to like it when it was brand no information, no emails, not registered to anybody, nothing. The instant he did that, they took him into custody. They said that was against the law. Is it, Yeah, that's what he's saying. Yeah, but it is it. That's the concerning part. That's what they say.
Speaker 4: That doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 3: I'm not allowed to delete my phone. You don't have a warrant for me. The guy provided his code to the agent, who entered it on the phone, after which the stream went blank, flashed several times, and the phone appeared to restart all data on the phone was gone, but authorities took it anyway. Uh No, It says he was allowed to leave, but the Department of Justice opted to file criminal charges against him. Uh later later down the road. Which they did. Is he knowingly destroying or damaging property to prevent it from being seized. That's what he's That's what they claim. He's a US citizen, by the way, Okay, I don't know this. He just needs a really good lawyer because his lawyer as a followed emotion with the court, asking that all evidence from the interrogation, including the use of the duress code, be suppressed due to violation of his constitutional rights. The motion says the government's actions will quote merely a pretext for a fishing, fishing expedition to gather information on active activists who worked on that cop City thing. That's what that. They just wanted contacts and all the information from that group.
Speaker 6: But it's like they kind of instigated, they created this situation. We're going to take your phone, so you know he wiped it out. At what, I can't delete my phone?
Speaker 3: They say that once once you know that the government wants to seize it and they want to access it. Once you wipe it, you're destroying evidence.
Speaker 11: I guess it's a little It seems a little break.
Speaker 7: Doesn't seem a little against the Fourth Amendment Search and seizure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they said that they have because of because of you coming back into this country, the government has a broad scope that they can use to if they believe that you're involved in something. You know, it goes back to the old memoraby, the old freshwater and fish in Lake County. Remember we were saying that they just walk onto your boat. Just the Santans had to pass the law that says, hey, look you gotta have probable cause. Just can't bum rush people's boats because you think something's happening. You got to like see something happening, right, You gotta smell something or watch a guy pouring an alcohol or something. So the reason this was allowed to happen is because he as a US citizen. He left the country and was returning, so that gives the authorities more rights to be able to confiscate his phone. I guess he's going as he's going through customs, you know, because even when you go on a cruise ship, you go through customs to come back into the country.
Speaker 7: Right, yeah, but that's usually just to declare what you bought, make sure you don't have any fruits and vegetables.
Speaker 3: But even getting back on the boat from other places, you don't go through customs per se, but you do go through a checkpoint. So I think their point is is as you came back into the country, I wanted to seize your phone because we have we have information that says you could have some sketchy stuff on there, and because.
Speaker 4: In other words, you're exercising your right too.
Speaker 6: And also he's the one who erased the phone. It was the agent who did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh he No, he only gave them the code because there is another code to get you into the phone. The alternative code is if someone like that asks and you give it to them, it wipes the phone completely out, which which is what I downloaded last night. All right, all right, seven seven zero three one And what did you do? That's new and a fresh keyword.
Speaker 16: Next, just to add on to the phone thing, my son was a witness to an incident and stuck around waited for the Sheriff's department to show up. When they finally did, they questioned him as to what happened, ended up requesting his phone, he refused, They confiscated his phone, asked for the code, he refused to unlock it, and they kept it.
Speaker 3: He never did get it back. He just ended up getting a new phone. That's unreal. That kind of stud that's unreal, dude, Jim Bob, Hey, crew, what's up man? What's up? Player? When I was eighteen, I was eighteen, probably like three or four months I got called for Jerry duty and it was during the Trayvon Mark.
Speaker 6: Case in Samoa County, and that place was a mad house.
Speaker 3: However, I was doing like some kind of assault case and it was a good time to be honest with you. Thankful they want. All you have to.
Speaker 17: Do is tell them how you don't like a very specific group of people. You know exactly who I'm talking about, The people who like flower tortillas for tacos instead of corn tortillas.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, dude, I know exactly what you're talking about, right, you mean monsters? Your fork like E word is green g R E E N. Go to real radio dot em and send that all. Wait for your chance. In one thousand months, I got no problem with flower totillo. You see what I mean exactly green. That is your fork like you were. Good luck. We hope you went. Welcome back on Jim. There's deb hello here and it's time for what you do that's new, What you do that's right. Closmin law k l a us I may in the law dot com offices right there, and we're to park four oh seven nine one seven seventeen eighteen car crash called Klasman. Of course, we'll talk to Glynn on Thursday for Colburg Gordon until then, every single Tuesday at four o'clock for the last eight years, will do what you do that's new. One member of the show will choose something for the others to watch, read, or listen to. We will do that, reconvene, talk about that, and then move on to the next choice. This week was my choice, and I made it very very easy. I chose this video that shows you how to make ketchup and mustard.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it's much more involved than that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, very very easy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: The one takeaway I got from this video was that I have not been respecting the humble condiments of mustard and ketchup nearly enough. Well mustard for sure, right, well, absolutely but I mean even the handpicked aspect and they have to be plump, juicy red tomatoes. When they started saying that in the video, I'm like, yeah, right, okay, and then they did it and I was like, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: The whole entire process is amazing. You're right. The guys walk down, they have to choose each tomato, and I think that the aerial shots of the of the tomatoes, the harvesting of the tomatoes was so amazing because I mean, when you talk about red tomatoes, like you can go to the grocery store that was like this one's pretty red. Then there's one of the that's kind of red, then there's one's paint, and it's one it's whatever. These were like red, like ketchup model red tomatoes. Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 6: My big one takeaway of this twenty minute video was how could he I couldn't get through my hatred that you would just find a video of AI slop. It's not AI slop, it is this. This is Ai. That pictures didn't match what he was saying. When that the script got to barbecue, it said, BBQ.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't break up on any of that stuff.
Speaker 6: Dude, I could tell right into it. I'm like, wait a minute. My daughter goes, you're watching AI again. I'm like, yep, oh, I didn't think of that at all. I mean, oh yeah, wow, that's wild either. I was just yeah, I was just because you people are old. Yeah, just like all people. You're gonna be fooled by AI if you're not already.
Speaker 3: Well, you're saying, you're saying, all these images are AI. You're saying, let me get make sure hold on some you're saying, every image that I see in this video is AI. No, you're okay.
Speaker 6: I think you're confusing what AI sap it. It's this video is generated with AI. It could be a video of a real field or a real machine or ketchup. However it's AI produced. So they AI will grab all the videos and all the pictures it sees to match the script that it's that they're of the story they're telling. They have an artificial voice read this script, and so it's if you watch it really look closely at the video, does it truly match what they're saying? And there's some generic pictures in there that have not nothing to do with ketchup and mustard. And then they even repeat some of the images later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did not pick up on any of that, bro, I didn't pick it up on any of that. It's not like a.
Speaker 6: Human produced video where they everything is matched for a reason. This is just like, uh, oh we need a picture of a field here and a tractor here.
Speaker 3: Oh it's wild. I didn't get any of that, dude, that's funny. I got the entire process, went through the process. I was fascinated about the process of how they make it. It is, well, it's interesting they got inside. It's you know, inside the French mustard company and hind SketchUp. But like, I didn't know they clipped those and then made this video.
Speaker 4: I didn't know they had a speed test.
Speaker 6: That the ketchup I and I even said it out loud, I go, that's the most in the most fascinating thing in this video, because they're right.
Speaker 7: If it comes out too fast, you're like, eh, this isn't like heinz.
Speaker 4: But if it comes out too slowly, you're like.
Speaker 6: So what Hind And it's they pour it in this thing and I forget the name of it, but they invented this thing, and it's the speed that it.
Speaker 4: Flows exactly and if it doesn't go just right.
Speaker 3: That's funny. I found this to us. I found this very interesting. You know, again, it may be produced by AI, but the information in the audio, the videos that I see, or actual videos from the production process.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, that and that is why AI is so prevalent, because people can produce it, to produce a bunch of content and put it out there in the world. Now, the a the information seems great. I assume it's all true, but you know, how do we know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I thought it was a cool video.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 6: And then you go when when it said or your favorite backyard BBQ.
Speaker 3: Oh, and the jokes are so bad? Yeah, I mean again, it's a video about how food is made. I don't expect it to be written like a roast, you know. That's I just found it to be a very interesting video on how these two things are made. Because I thought, you're a big fan of ketchup and mustard ketchup specifically, heine specifically, and that's the thing they said.
Speaker 6: And at one point they pose the question if you could only have one?
Speaker 4: Well, when they broke down, like you know, if you're a mustard fan.
Speaker 3: It made the mustard people like, I thought cooler.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean, will they like it a little spicy?
Speaker 3: That's interesting. None of the comments even say that they think it's Ai. Oh this is Ai. Yeah, that's so funny that yeah. I mean, look, you could go you could definitely do that. I don't care if it is or not. Actually, I was just kind of picking it because I thought the processes were interesting.
Speaker 7: I'm going to enjoy mustard a lot more the next time I eat it. I'm not going to assume because when you see everything they go through, like just the amount of water, just the amount of vinegar, just the amount of spices.
Speaker 4: How they get that bright yellow color?
Speaker 7: Wow, you know from the tumeric and all of the other spices that they that they cramed together two hundred and sixty five kilometers that they whip all that spice and stuff together.
Speaker 3: And it's wild that both of the brands are name brands. I would think of it was AI. I mean, I know that it's a production thing, but they wouldn't be able to use the brand names.
Speaker 6: He doesn't mean it was all manufactured digitally. It just means it was, you know, composed where it grabbed it could grab information about hines, grab information about mustard, and they put it together, and someone is producing this content. You know what, I'm sure there's a human involved in there somewhere. It's not a fully robot produced video. I'm just saying quality wise, the production of it leaves something to be desired. And for information of it, I enjoyed. Did you get anything out of the information? I love the topic I do. I love like we were talking about the how they measure the speed of the machine. I thought was interesting, And I'm always fascinated when you have machine specifically built to do jobs like this at that level like that they talk about specially built, high end these mixers and stuff, or even in the mustard one where it was stone ground but it's they got to the point where it's artificial stone that they create to grind the mustard seed.
Speaker 3: But I didn't expect any that'd be anything different. I mean, it's you know, it's twenty twenty six. I didn't expect them to be using Indian versions of the tools.
Speaker 6: No, But I'm always fascinated at machines you never really think about unless you're in the industry, and then you're like, it's like Oh yeah, someone had to build that just to make ketchup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, I love this. I thought it was very interesting. I to be honest with you, i'd seen the ketchup one before or something similar to this. I had not seen mustard production because the seed is so small. How they do it to turn it into your table mustard was interesting.
Speaker 6: One of my favorite parts is always when they fill the bottles, where it gets close to the end of production to the product that we're used to seeing. So watching the bottles go through and then they just the machines that come down for instantly just fill it up. And at one point they're like, and without glue these let'll get four labels, and it's like, well, how are the labels sticking if they're not using glow.
Speaker 3: Well, you can check it out if you want. It's called how It's Made Frenches, Mustard and Hinz ketch Up. If you don't mind the AI slot, check it out. It's very interesting. It's right there all right. Four seven nine one six one o four one. You can always text us seven seven zero three one, deb what do you have for us next week?
Speaker 7: Well, I have a little over thirteen minute video with someone named Matt Griffith. He goes online as the Americano okay, and he has ten things Colombians taught me something Americans forgot. Think of the things that you you missed, like the never ending goodbye.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a good time.
Speaker 3: The never ending good oh. In other words, it takes forever to say goodbye, Like there's layers, right, you have to say, you have to say goodbye to everybody in the room.
Speaker 7: Other things like you know how we text each other for the for your birthdays. How that's completely different there. So it's just oh yeah, cool, yeah, And it's just thirteen minutes long. Has you know some funny snippets in there? And I will send that over to Jack and we'll review that next week.
Speaker 3: You got it, man, all right, we'll do that next four oh seven nine one six four one textas seven seven zero three one back in a second with more than Jim Goloberg Shoe.
Speaker 5: Gotcha proudly sponsored since day one by Lenclosmanclosman Law dot com.
Speaker 18: True, Jim, you were talking about how it'd be great if you were notified if their information was searched somehow through one of these databases.
Speaker 2: Well, if you have an account with Experience dot com.
Speaker 4: You actually do get notifications.
Speaker 15: Whenever someone looks up your personal information as background checks as well as open up account in your name, credit reports.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that. That's a credit company, right, the credit reporting company Experiences.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's not that wouldn't involve law enforcement databases.
Speaker 3: I know that he says any of the financial was he saying all information?
Speaker 6: No, it's like credit card like if someone opens your account, you can have it through LifeLock as well. If someone if an account is opened in your name, you get a notification. That's I don't think it would apply to the David search system that we were talking about, yeah, or these flock cam Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Four to seven nine one six one four one text has seven seven zero three one green is your four o'clock keyword, that's g R E E N. Go to real radio, doubt of him and send that away for your chance at one thousand dollars. I'm Jim. There's deb hell Jack's here as well.
Speaker 19: Yep.
Speaker 3: So interestingly, guy, we've never talked about this when it comes to food. We love talking about food. There's another good food, sorry for you, right, So, uh, Tom Holland obviously the Spider Man A what's it a brand New Day? Is that? What's a Yeah? Is that what it's called a brand New Day? Yeah, it's coming out soon. Of course. Emily the movie girl said she's gonna gonna review that for us next week. And as they do these press junkets, they're talking to people about stuff and one of the things that came up was American food and they're talking to Tom Holland. Tom Holland or is Tom Holland? Yeah, Tom Holland. And he's the guy who plays Spider Man, right, guy, Right, he's with the Zendaya, who is just some hag that he found over in Hollywood, and apparently every movie together. I don't know that there's This is gonna have to be a record, right, because Zindaia is also in Spider Man, So that that when this movie opens, he will have been on screen with his wife and two movies that will currently be probably one and two at the box office. Yeah, I don't know that that's ever happened before. I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's like she's also in the Odyssey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what I'm saying. So is he Oh yeah, they're both they're both in the Audissey and they're both in the Spider Man movie opening back to back weekends.
Speaker 4: They love each other.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and John berthan All is in both of them too.
Speaker 17: Sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whoa Who's a great actor. By the way, started on I think he got his big break on Walking Dead and then kind of went on from there.
Speaker 6: He did some smaller stuff, but that's really what kind of launched him.
Speaker 3: That's where I kind of paid attention to him, and I think he was like one of the breakout stars of that entire show. I mean, he's had a career since that show, and I don't know that many even in including Andrew Lincoln, I don't know that they have. I mean, Stephen Young had a career for a while with that, but I think he still does stuff. Steve and Young, he it wasn't doing much but Beef is where he really blew up, which I only watched the first episode. I never watched the whole series. You should watch the whole series. It's dan some people love it. It's amazing, amazing. Uh And I think what's her face? The the actress in there? Who is is it Ali Wong? Yes? Now Ali Wong is the and she's a comedian. I think she's dating Bill Hater now or whatever. But she's brilliant in it. I mean so good. Don't you remember when uh that you would signed that one?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 7: I did her comedy special and you guys were all like you are she's.
Speaker 6: A nasty that she was kind of like really going after her husband, and then shortly after that they split.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. It was brutal. Then she was in dating Bill Hater. So during this interview, uh, somebody asked Tom Holland what what foods he liked and what foods he did not like. He said brisket and barbecue are the best ones he'd enjoyed, but he specifically went out of his way and says, I cannot support this American staple. I do not care for it. You know what. I don't love this food, he said. Personally, he's offended by the concept because what the blank is that? Hot dogs? Not a hot dog?
Speaker 4: It can't beat chili.
Speaker 3: It's not chili. One of you guys is close sausage, No, because they eat sausage there for them. Yeah, okay, so it's closer to chili. No, No, I'm closer to hot dog. What else is ohs, what's something you haven't had in a very long time. I mean, I don't know this, but I would guess that what that both of you, all three of us, haven't had one of these in quite a while. It would not hit you as something. Oh man, I got to run out and grab one of these. But every time you have one, you're like I had one of those. Horn dog.
Speaker 4: Horn dog is the answer. The dog hate hate, viscerally hate what horn dogs his glasses and if you break those goes let's trying to find your way to your car.
Speaker 3: Look, we finished the show. Let me be honest with you because the old topic she just looks like nothing about these things. You hate? Corn dog?
Speaker 4: I hate corn dogs.
Speaker 3: It's been so great knowing you.
Speaker 4: Too much cornmeal, not enough meat. Work on that one, Colbert.
Speaker 6: For me, a hot top has to have mustard, but corn dog. It doesn't feel the same. I've only had a couple. Same here, always a fair Yeah. The last one I probably had I was under fifteen.
Speaker 19: I have one.
Speaker 4: It's just too much cornmeal. Like I like that. I want the bun around the hot dog.
Speaker 3: I don't want I don't want the but you know what, the thing is the cornmeal is sweet too. It's a little sweeter exactly. That's what I don't care for. But I do like a corn dog once in a while. As we're sitting here talking, can't even remember the last time I had one. I am literally racking my brain, remember the last time I had a corn dog? By the way, let's make this question of today. Do you like corn dogs? Tom Hollins says no. I'm with Tom Holland jacket. You've had, you had one or two in your entire life? Not a fan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, i'd say definitely less than five. Yeah, just nothing.
Speaker 3: It's okay. I don't mind it, but I'm like, it's a little too. It's fair food. It's fair. Aren't Those Mexican corn dogs kind of popular though? The ones where they put all the stuff on top of it, like the I haven't seen one of those. They do the stripey sauce and they do the you know, I kind of want one though, Yeah. Truthfully, I will tell you. Outside of going to the grocery store and getting one, like a frozen one and then heating it up, I don't know is where would you go?
Speaker 4: That's where I was maybe sonic.
Speaker 3: Where would you go to get a corn dog. Sonic is a good guess. That's the only I don't think they have him on Hot Dog Heaven. I don't think they do corn dogs out there. They do real dogs out there. I don't think he Ben Chubbies does corn dogs.
Speaker 6: The uh Monsters recently we're talking about it and they had a chef come in and make him a chef Ken made them corn dogs and really then they did that with a wine pairing.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's the most monster thing of all time. And I made this one and an old Doug. I got some questions about Spider Man. Yeah, go ahead. I'm a fan of Spider Man. And they said to port Tom Holland immediately, I'm.
Speaker 6: A fan of Spider Man. I like the concept. And I realized when they're talking about this Tom, the new Tom Holland movie coming out, I'm like, Oh, I wonder I didn't see any with Andrew Garfield. I haven't seen any with Tom Holland. And I realized, I think I've only seen the first two with Toby Maguire.
Speaker 3: So that's that's all I've seen. That's two with the.
Speaker 6: First one, and then I saw the cartoon one that Ross was raving about which was good, supposed to be the best one of them all, which was really good. But I haven't seen any of it, and there's like six.
Speaker 3: Or so, yeah, I mean after Okay, so I saw the first one and for me the last one because the bad guys have to matter. I think I watched the one that had the sand Man. Was that the same one with doc Ok?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Doc Ok was the second one, right, because the bad guy in the first one Melina, right, yeah, Alfer Molina. The first one was the Green Goblin, right, and that was Willem Dafoe, right, That was the first one, and then James Franco was in that one, right or is that the second one? And then the Sandman was the last one I saw. Okay, I did not see the Sandman one, but I don't even know who. I don't even know who the spider Man was. I think I saw the first one with Garfield.
Speaker 6: That's who I think that is, so Andrew Garfield, I think the two and Emmas Stone was Mary Jane or mj that female in that, and then Tom Holland started doing it. And I think it's like around twenty eighteen ish, but I think they've done, like three or.
Speaker 3: How many of the Batman's have you seen? I never saw the George Clooney or Val Kilmer one. Oh, I think i've seen them all. Yeah, I didn't see those. I think i've seen them. Saw the original Tim Burton one, and then I saw the very first Yeah, the very first one with h with Christian Well, who was it Christian Bale, Yeah, Christian Bale, but he was after Clooney and he was after Kilmer. Correct. But I didn't see those two because I heard they were tear able, so I didn't watch them. But the first one with Bail, I thought all the bail ones were the best. They were. They were great. I think better than the keatones. By the way, you guys says he eats six corn dogs last week. Oh six corn dogs. Oh Crystal has them. They have the many corn pups. I used to get those. Yeah, those are good. That's maybe the last time I had one. They serve them like a little, like a little they're like they're not on a stick, They're just like corn dogs leaning in the thing the audience. No, it's great. You want to know where con doc corn dogs are? Just ask racetrack. How many can you believe. I just looked away to talk to for everybody for a second. I look back. We have received an in complete half page of texts already. It's seventy five texts on corn dogs. Real Mexicans don't eat corn dogs Daytona flea market. Ah, yeah, there you go. It says the corn it says slice the corn meal and lay and mustard.
Speaker 4: First Walmart prepared foods area has corn dogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look, I don't think we have a problem with that. I think you can go and find frozen corn dogs, no problem whatsoever. But making them like live and getting one like a real deal when again, Yeah, and that never was like a ballpark staple either, was it. It was just regular hot dogs? Right, Yes, corn dogs are specifically a fair thing. That's right.
Speaker 4: It's hot dogs and peanuts at the ball game. Well, and maybe some crackerjacks. When's the last time you been those peanuts are expensive?
Speaker 3: Well, no, they have a lot more options.
Speaker 4: They have a lot more options. Yeah, I'm just saying that that was.
Speaker 3: It right here. You got a soda, you got a hot dog, No fries anything like that, no chips, none of.
Speaker 4: That stuff that isn't going to make you sick sitting in the sun.
Speaker 3: Corn dogs sit on you a little bit too.
Speaker 4: Don't think that's that corn meal?
Speaker 3: Man, You hate cornmeal, do you? Corn bread?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 7: But somebody, somebody texted in something that's really really important, and it's all about how they're cooked.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 4: It has to be decent quality.
Speaker 7: The cornmeal covering cannot be gummy or chewy or too boi lee if it's not cooked right to oil e their gummy and not good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that means you have to have the oil hot enough. The problem is if you don't have your oil hot enough and you put that corn dog in there, it's gonna it's gonna take too long. You want it to cook outside first, crisp up so it doesn't soak into the matter, and then it cooks.
Speaker 4: Well, then fine, just make us some corn dogs and maybe I'll change my mind.
Speaker 3: What would you put on yours?
Speaker 4: Mustard? That's it, nice ground German.
Speaker 3: Semester, nothing else, right, just mustard. I saw somebody but a barbecue sauce on them once.
Speaker 10: Eh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so no, yell, you wouldn't put yellow mustard, Like if you were just getting a hot dog, you'd use the ground mustard over to the yellow.
Speaker 4: That I do. I do have a new found respect for the for the French's mustard.
Speaker 3: Dude, what's a Japanese street corn dog?
Speaker 7: I don't know, but when I looked up corn dogs here in town, more Asian like Korean Korean dog.
Speaker 3: That's South Korean dog. Right, Yeah, that that's a big one. And that's a I did not know that was a corn dog. Base. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Somebody else said Magic Kingdom has a good hand dipped corn dog. He says, an awfully expensive corn dog.
Speaker 3: Gatorland has them as well. Oh wow, oh my god, dude, there's a bunch of these things in town. Okay, dog, that's an Orlando Umi Kotsu. Orlando has a corn dog, prunchies Korean hot dog. That's all it is. Damn that's great, dude.
Speaker 7: Somebody else said, Sonic offers corn dogs.
Speaker 3: I'll get a corn dog tonight, guys. You will not. You're right, I won't.
Speaker 6: You got your said the doctor got touched.
Speaker 3: Results, but to die already dog? No, no so today, buddy, it's killing killing me, absolutely killing me, absolutely killing me.
Speaker 6: You know, we had a talk back and you talked about your need to to get off the pepsi. Yeah, and I think talkback was very astute. You need a substitute. You need to find something.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Jack, I'm drinking more water now. See that's not working for you. Jesus, I haven't done a class of water. Am I ripped my own ears off. I swear to God, I drink so much effing water.
Speaker 4: Where are my car keys?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but you run.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm heady.
Speaker 3: You better run.
Speaker 4: I'm way ahead of you. Headphones are already unpass, already shut down.
Speaker 3: Look, I gotta tell you. You know, I've had a couple of habits in my life, and I booted those pretty easily. This one is going to be overwhelming because I gotta tell you here's how it is me. Food is my thing. Like eating good food and do something that's my thing.
Speaker 4: Let me move that cooky.
Speaker 3: Pepsis are part of my world. It's been part of my world since I was a boy. This is like part of my connection with my grandmother as well. We're sitting drinking drink pepsis together after shelling peas all day long.
Speaker 4: Then have one pepsi and call it pants.
Speaker 3: You don't understand. I cannot look okay, I'll tell you what I do this. Look up and see how much a normal twenty ounce pepsi has when it comes to sugar, and then I'll tell you how much an adult male how many grams are supposed to have per day.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's what I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be whatever amount of grams that's gonna make you tolerable to share a room with.
Speaker 4: So how many grams are in a pepsi?
Speaker 6: How many jack a standard twenty ounce bottle of regular pepsi can contain sixty nine grams of sugar? Would you like to know what the RDA recommends for an adult male for grams of sugar? Seven thirty eight? So half of that, so you half of that get a twelve on because that means that's all the sugar I can have for the day. That means my cough. I even bought non dairy creamer last night. You have no idea what it took for me to walk out of that store with non dairy creamer last night. You have no idea none. I'm getting one. I'm getting an idea. You for safety, keep a cannipepsi in your purse and you could throw them at I.
Speaker 7: Can use that canipepsy as a missile. Dude, I can promise you that, like.
Speaker 6: A steak for a burglar, if you have to run from him for safety, what I'll do is I'll throw it at him.
Speaker 4: I'll pop the top so he here's the pius. It's so hard, guys, and I'll leave it on the desk and then I'll run.
Speaker 3: I crave it so much that I can literally make myself taste it even when I don't have one, Like I could go right now and drink one so fat. You have no idea, and I want that fizzy in my nose. I want that tickle That's what I want.
Speaker 4: What if we got you a tickle stick that.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty biotic puffy.
Speaker 7: Thing we need is having a colon blow while when he's sitting in here till seven o'clock, Jack, why.
Speaker 6: Do you wage You're right? If he had one, it wouldn't be a problem. But at the rate he drinks them, that would be the well he hasn't.
Speaker 3: I'm not like Ceilane has like five coke zeros in a trash can every day. He like you, he drinks a bunch of those things like catch it straight. You us, you're pretty fine with that, Like I should be drinking coke ze o. My boy Sea Lane, he's figured it out. And the other thing last last night, my support group, my wife killing it for me. I look at it and I go, you got to drink PEPSI. I got stop drinking PEPs She goes, I know, if you thought about any substitutiones, I'm like, well, I thought about Lacroix looking for some sports. She looks at me, goes, Lacroix sucks. I'm like, well, how about an option instead of Lacroix sucks? How about and said, you know, Jim, Lacroix isn't the best, here's an option you want to consider. No, that choy sucks. And that's it. That's where it stopped.
Speaker 2: So is.
Speaker 3: Zero sugar PEPSI? Is that not on? The all of the fake stuff is so bad. And the thing it's so bad. You get. First of all, diet soda used to suck. When we were a kids. It was the worst. Remember diet, right, and how bad that was it was. People would drink that refreshing and no, buddy, it's not like nowhere is that refreshing. Now if you are truly trying to avoid sugar. That's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 6: Then the artificial sweeteners is what you're gonna replace it with, which is not a great solution.
Speaker 3: It's not, but you would still be able to get your fix. It's wind up like being dessert. For me, this is gonna wind up. This is what it's gonna wind up. I'm gonna live my life. I'm gonna be miserable a f every single day of the week. How you feeling that.
Speaker 4: There a flu going around? I'm starting to feel.
Speaker 3: I'd rather have that than not drink PEPSI. But I would rather have a flu than not drink PEPs.
Speaker 7: Don't say that there's something floating around out there and you don't need explosive diarrhea.
Speaker 6: But cyclospora? Would you take that?
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna have a three week button pe session for this now. Yeah?
Speaker 6: What if only colonoscopy could go on for a month? I could you?
Speaker 19: Do you?
Speaker 3: I feel so stupid talking about this. This is so dumb. This is such a personal battle.
Speaker 4: But everybody has.
Speaker 6: Everyone has that thing that they don't want to give up and they know is bad.
Speaker 3: Well, what is it for you? We know what debs it is. That's a that's a piece of cake for dad. What is it for you?
Speaker 4: Well, there's a few things, but thanks for wrapping it all up in one.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean cigarettes are your number one thing. That's the number one thing that you should not do. Yeah, I mean that's the easiest thing to say, like I wish you were cigarettes. I could just go, hey, look, you know, that'd be that. But the thing is pepsi is delicious. It's delicious. I would I guess alcohol. No, can't do that. Can't have carbs, can't drink beer, can't do any of that because beer is just sugar and carbs, no carbs, none of that stuff. So now I'm like, I'm sitting here and I'm like, let me think of all the fun things I do in life, and then minus all of those things, because that's where I am. So I got what happened. Here's what's gonna happen, Guys. I'm gonna lose apparently a bunch of weight, and I'm gonna get down and I'm gonna look really weird. I'm gonna be healthy, but I'm gonna look weird. Af at one hundred and eighty five or ninety pounds or whatever it is. You're not gonna even be able to recognize me. I'm gonna be in size thirty two's. It's gonna be gross for everybody involved. By the way, Okay, can we take pets? That's exactly those words. I get down to that weight. I don't think you can. Yeah, dude, I think I can. You're a big guy, but I don't think I have I think I have to. I think I have to get down there. I'll look at my numbers again today and look, they're not They're not god awful. But I'm not that kind of person who goes, well, I can push this another five years. I gotta lot to live for. You had a grand kid, got another one coming, got all kinds of buns up going on in my life, you know, And I don't want to deal with this, so I gotta get I gotta get it right. And this is like the fire under my ass I've needed. And I looked at those numbers and they're like, you know, We're like, look, man, you gotta get your s together. You've got a ridden for a long time. And then I walked the stairs today up the building and it literally felt like I walked from here to Vietnam. That's exactly what it felt like like. I just walked the stairs four stories and it felt like I worked out for a month. That's how bad shape I am. Anyway, enough about me four seven nine one six one text us at seven seven zero three one. What you can take from this segment is Tom Holland doesn't like corn dogs. In the other res step.
Speaker 2: Worn Dog restaurant, where they freshly dipped them, they were foot longs. I could not eat at all, but they were really good. I'm definitely yes on corn dogs, even though I don't eat them very often. I don't like the frozen ones. But Sonic once in a while, maybe twice a year.
Speaker 3: Well, hello co but Crewe, it is the black man that no one can stand.
Speaker 18: Yes, the freshest could be all day my gene.
Speaker 15: Yes, Hey, real quick, Jim, just real quick.
Speaker 3: Hear me out.
Speaker 18: Hear me out.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, hear me out.
Speaker 6: First.
Speaker 3: Maybe the crackhead level addiction you have to the pepsi is probably one of the reasons you should stop drinking it.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying.
Speaker 18: I mean, I could be wrong.
Speaker 3: I've been wrong before.
Speaker 19: You know I'm right on this.
Speaker 8: One.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're right, buddy, You're right. It is my own whim only addiction right now, but I probably have at least one other. Have you ever been like that, fully addicted to something like where you felt like like, I remember I was slipping into alcoholism in my college years. And I remember that specifically because I was driving home from Valencia Community College down Kirtland Road. This probably had to be like eighty six or eighty seven or so. And you know, as a high school kid, I consumed a lot of beer and alcohol. As a kid, we partied a lot in my hometown, moved up here and met a few people and we kind of continued that. So I was drinking a lot. I was even drinking at home, like you know, just kind of having beers at the house but not really paying attention to how many. And I remember driving home and I was going down the road and it just kind of hit me out of nowhere. I was just like, man, I felt like I had to have a beer, not because like I just felt it was like ten forty five in the morning. I was like, I gotta have a beer. I need a beer. And I literally stopped into a convenience store and bought a beer, put it one of the bags, and drove off and snut drank that beer on the way home, and then when I got home, thought to myself, you just and by the way, the trip to my house was only another two and a half miles, Like it was that big of an urge where I felt like I had to pull over drank it on the way. I drank it on the way home, and by the way where I lived not only I think about six miles from Valencia, and the little convenience store I stopped at was exactly halfway, so I could have just waited another eleven minutes or so to get home and have a beer from the fridge. But I couldn't do it, and I pulled over and grabbed a beer and literally squeeze drank that thing on the way home. Well you and then you so corrected and then stopped because because you were able to stop, for the rest of your life, you've been able to enjoy it at a more moderate page. I do not have a problem with alcohol right now. I know for a fact I have so much alcohmol house. I never really drink much at all. Actually, I have a beer occasionally on the weekends, maybe have some cocktails social cocktails, but as a rule, I do not like consume regular alcohol anymore.
Speaker 6: Because with different substances, it's if you don't master moderation and you overindulge, you get to a point where you can no longer have.
Speaker 3: It, Like it's a burnout stage kind of thing, right.
Speaker 6: Well, for alcoholism, yes, when you get interesting and then you have to stop and now you can't have it ever again. And and for some people it's sugar if they overdose on sugar, and then it's like that's something they have to remove from their diet.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I don't know about everybody else listening or whatever, and I don't know about you guys, but you know, sugar was such a gigantic part of my childhood. You know, all we drank was like really sweet tea. I mean everything was sweet, you know, and then everything was fried, and everything was pork. It was bacon, gravy, pork fried everything. And then you wash that down with the giant glasses of sweet tea.
Speaker 7: And yet we went through cases of diet PEPSI did you really as a kid, we couldn't drink enough diet pepsi at home and now you can that Asper team. Yeah yeah, but we would go through cases of that.
Speaker 3: Port on ice. I know a buddy who actually in Fresco. I've talked to him for a while, but he was so addicted to Diet Doctor Pepper that when he went on cruises and trips he would call in advance to the hotels to see if they had it, and if not, he would bring his own cases. I watched him load three cases of Diet Doctor Pepper onto a cruise ship because the cruise ship did not offer it and he didn't want to be on a five day cruise with Diet Doctor Pepper. True, I'm not that bad. I had that kick for a while.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not enough where I would have to kind of take it with me on vacation.
Speaker 3: But that was die Doctor Pepper.
Speaker 7: That was my But I can I can understand that though, right, So, someone like you to find the right alternative that's going to get you that soda hit that you want without all the sugar to match up with the taste of it and not have that funky asper tame after taste.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, once you can find that substitute, I want to go back to drinking full sugar pepsi. So I could see you hauling cases of it onto a cruise ship if it means it's going to keep you on trap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, I gotta I have to figure out how to moderate it once I kind of get past it. What's it that nine eight or nine days or whatever it is? I say, what is it?
Speaker 18: Man?
Speaker 7: I thought it was thirty days? Was like, if you can do it for thirty days, it's truly a habit. And I've heard eighteen days to establish a new habit.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, So basically, if I can kind of abstain from having you know, a pepsi or any soda like that for you know, two or three weeks, theoretically I should be able to kind of power through that. Right now is tough. I'm gonna be dead, hones, sweet all bless aside. Right now is difficult. It's difficult to sit here and know that there's one right up there, right up around the corner here at the office, and I can't go get it and drink it, and I want to so bad. You have no idea it would actually put me in a better mood. That's when I know I got a problem.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's when you know he's like, well, if I don't do this, I'm gonna be in a terrible mood. I don't have any other thing like that where I can. I mean, I have some I have some things in my life I love to do to put me in a good mood, no question. But I could, you know, you could you could just kind of write that off tomorrow, no problem whatsoever. It does not have the grip on me that this thing has. For some reason, well, like you said, it kind of harkens back. Yeah, it's memory. It's core memory.
Speaker 7: I mean, like you said, you shelled peace with your grandmother and then you drink a cold pepsi on the front porch at home.
Speaker 3: It sounds so weird to talk about something that sounds so nefarious, and it's just so, it's just so doa it Does it have to be pepsi for you? I mean I can drink coke as well. I can drink Doctor Pepper as well, but I mean, but pepsi is my favorite. I will drink arcs as well, but Pepsi is just my favorite. I actually occasionally do get coke because I like the taste of coke. Sometimes I'll go to McDonald's just get their coat, because it's the best coke in the world. McDonald's coke is the best coke in the world.
Speaker 6: Oh, I agree, Yeah, And you've tried the Coke zero and the PEPSI free.
Speaker 3: I actually may during this break go get a Coke zero and see what that's all about, because I know a new ceiling like it loves those damn things, and I know he's a good taste. That's what I drink. Oh is it really zero? Yeah? Does it taste like diet cooat? No, it doesn't. I've been drinking. It tastes better than die. I don't know. To me, it is diet. It's just different branding. So I said it. Coke zero tastes almost exactly like regularly.
Speaker 6: I know they use different sweeteners, but I'm just so used to that when I drink a sugar one and it's just to me, it's just like whoah.
Speaker 3: And that's what happens when you stop drinking these things for a while. Then you drink when you're like, how in the hell did I ever drink and entire one of these things? Because it's like syrup, it's so thick and it feels that way.
Speaker 4: You're right, it's terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right? Four O seven nine one six one tear. You're a terror. You know you're a bad person, terrible.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know what you're doing, though, but you don't say what. I know what you're doing, sucking your teeth over there because you can have one. You have one today, didn't you? You sat right there and drink one in front of me, didn't you.
Speaker 7: No, I've been very good. See if you have to ask, then you don't know.
Speaker 3: What's in that cup, which means the sneaks though because she tries to. She tries to cough ding sheet when she opens the cans like I don't hear that. I can hear it.
Speaker 7: Actually I usually lift the can right over to where you're sleeping. Ears, aren't all right?
Speaker 3: Four O seven nine. The show text us, so you're such an awful person. We'll have another keyword for you in a second. And you know top golf, right, you has no top golf. Yep, some other game is about to get this treatment. The top golf treatment is coming to I'll tell you next.
Speaker 20: Al Hi Jim, please please please use plunder the duty for your pick.
Speaker 19: The porn title all right.
Speaker 3: Your five o'clock keyword is check c chg c K. You go to real radio out of him and send that offer your chance at one thousand bucks. Check is the word. Guys, go get your money, get it. Remember, if you're playing a game, turn your phone on, turn it up, and answer it when it calls, because that's how they tell you won don't miss that call.
Speaker 7: No, no, don't miss that call in. Someone texted us earlier about our nine o'clock Winter last night said it said no caller ID.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, you gotta pick it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm Jim. There's dead. Yeah, Jack, you zero as well. Hey, I got a Pepsi zero during the break. And do you know why I chose pepsi zero because you're brand loyal. Because Ceilane drank all of the coke zeros. And I know that because I looked in this trash can out there and they're gone. So I think I walked in and I looked at that, and I said, ceiling is home laughing at himself right now because he knows that he wiped out the coke zeros. And I can't have that experience. But what I did get was a Pepsi zero. Yeah, if you like pepsi, I have to tell you, dude, this isn't terrible. This isn't this isn't bad. So I think when I do get the urge to have this kind of experience, that this Pepsi zero or at doctor Pepper's or whatever, that those are the most best tasting. I guess I can go to that and I will get that fix, I believe, and.
Speaker 6: That meets your health needs. It's just sugar that you had to eliminate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sugar. I got a little highcholesterol, but it's not terrible. But I have been eating just completely terrible for the last like a year of my life. So I understand I've got changes to make. And I did not expect my blood results to come back and be great because I haven't really been taking good care of myself. But I can make some options that's actually really good. I can do that because I heard it was terrible. It actually isn't mad at all. The aftertaste isn't terrible at all, all right, So hey, yeah, yeah, I'm happy about that too. So top golf we live, Yeah, we want to live. Top golf is was really revolutionary at the time. Now they're having a very difficult time. I don't know if you guys have read. Financially, they are not doing well. Callawai actually spun them off, really and it's just too expensive.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say, I've heard it's for a few hours. You're spending a big chunk of change.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you something else that they never took it into consideration. And they do a really good job at trying to make this as good as they can. But man, they basically take themselves out of business for about four months a year in the state. What you can't go out there and enjoy that. It's you know, it's one hundred and eleven degrees outside, you're gonna go out there and bang golf balls. So and they have a lot of fans, and even during the winter they offer heaters and it works fine. The man, the heat is so brutal and it's kind of expensive. Like if you go out there and the food is good, I'm not dogging the product. Like when you got there with a family of four. Like let's say we all went out and we played like these two games we did. We did a two hour session and we've got food and a couple of drinks. That bill with the golf is going to be well over two hundred and fifty bucks. Wow, are right at that? And it's open air, right, so you're outside. I've never been to one. Yeah, you're outside. Is it multi level? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Three levels? Okay, three levels? And then you have what's like just a little.
Speaker 3: Llow a table behind y right, Yeah, you have your hitting area right, and then right behind that is a table area where you're set up. Some of the booths have lounges like with with with like couches and coffee tables instead.
Speaker 4: Place for your girlfriend or wife just laid down.
Speaker 3: Is it just is it.
Speaker 6: Just a driving range or is it like augmented reality where it's simulating a golf game where how do you put?
Speaker 3: It's all of that you don't put Okay, there's a putting, you just hit your shot there, there's targets you hit it into, and there's rings that gets you different levels. It'll play different games, and it's a cool concept, it really is. The problem is it's just too damn expensive. And I can't imagine what it costs to build one of those things. I just can't because they take up so much acreage. That's the other thing. That's why a lot of these golf of the the track man's are becoming very very popular in Cuter, Florida, Dubs red and solid one. Rio Pinar has one. Now what is that? It's basically the same thing, but it's not a giant facility. It's just the driving rangers your golf course. They just installed the tracking software so that you can watch a screen and see where your ball goes and how high it flies, how fast it goes, and stuff like that. And that's like the new thing. Those are like the new social spots now right. It's what they tried to do with a bowling alley up there in uh in Whre in downtown Orlando. What was that thing called that? Yeah, the prim Rose Lanes. They just kind of turned it into like a cool hit place or whatever, right, right, So the what do you think they're doing to that? Now? Just by the way has a one hundred million dollars valuation and they just open I think they have one in London and they just open the one in America. So similar to a top golf concept, but a different sport. It's a different a different sport game. Oh, baseball no, that don't. And there used to be hitting gauges and that was fun. There was a number of them. No, that's not it soccer. No, I'll give you. I'll tell you what it is because I want to talk about it because I think it's cool. It's pool like billiards billiards because what they think is is they think that billiards are shooting pool. However you want to put it. By the way, we have a somebody coming in Friday to talk about this big thing coming up this weekend, right, But this shooting pool has become like a big, big thing, and they believe these two guys, by the way, I believe the top golf guys are kind of involved with this a little bit. They think that that kind of technology is going to come to pool halls. They believe that they can create a really unique way of doing that. Now here's how they do it. Because I was like, well, how can you do that? Yeah, you know, shooting pool is shooting pool, it's not. They have this thing called the billy q system, right, And the billy qu system is a camera that sits above the pool table and what it can do is project different games and things down onto the table, So you're not just shooting pool into the into the pockets the way you think you always would. Sometimes you'll be breaking different you'll be doing different games, it'll put different values not but it's it's like an interactive thing that happens right there on the table while you're playing. And what the cool thing was It has a teaching thing. So let's say it's Jack and I were playing against each other and I break and Jack doesn't know how to make this one shot. He can ask Billy Q to show him exactly where to hit the ball, and it'll it'll project a path onto the table that tells you, you know, hit the cue ball on this line and if you hit it right, more than likely it's going to go in that pocket. And it's actually and it uses the same tracking technology that track man uses in other words, like in the minute you hit a golf ball, it knows how much it's spinning, how high it's going to go, how far it's going to go, just on that glimpse, that tenth of a second of information. It can do that. This pool game is supposed to do the same thing. Like if I'm playing and it's like I'm stripes and Jack's Solids. We just kind of programmed that in and then whenever it comes to a solid shot, it tracks which balls are where, and it actually can kind of map out exactly what you want to do. You're going to play well, I don't know where one is open yet, and it's not I mean there.
Speaker 7: I just read something about this earlier this week on one of the local website.
Speaker 3: It's called Poolhouse. It's a two year old startup and opened a two story, twenty one thousand square foot bar in London. But it's gonna make this for other pool holes. It's raised fifty five million dollars so far, and you, yeah, Jack has it there. Or you can see where it's broadcasting onto the pool, onto the the surface, and you can kind of get an idea. You can play different games. I think there's a game on there where it's kind of like, what's the one where you skate and the stone. What's that called? Oh a curling? Yeah, curling, So you can do that. I guess it'll it'll put a target there and you tap your ball to get it, try to stop in a certain area. You can see where it's actually showing you where the cue ball is going to go after you hit it.
Speaker 4: Wow, I should have paid attention to math.
Speaker 3: It says, underlying poolhouses businesses a bet. The qs Q Sports, which the company says draws hundreds of millions of players worldwide each week, is right for an overhaul, just like golf was. It says, if we could emulate what Top Golf achieved, then I certainly believe that we'll be on the right track to put a dent on our own sport. I think this is interesting. It is very interesting. Yeah, okay, So the fool and display it London bar is that the heart amid a Vegas theme sports bar eatery U is where they kind of found each other. And it's a fleet of pool tables and like Gorgon Gramsey was part of it. It's as their biggest selling points is the ability to sign players handicaps called Q ratings and equalize skill settings. Yeah, it's a Hawkeye is the computer vision system that tracks ball movement much like Major League Baseball and at ATP Tour tennis in Premier League soccer.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it says it's the insight that the startup founders of Top Golf, which is a step and Dave Jollify that they had doing that in Puttscheck. Yeah, it looks really really cool, And I don't know. It doesn't say when it's coming to America or when pool House is going to expand. And that's the only question right now is where the first one is going to be in America. I would guess it's probably going to be somewhere like Vegas or somewhere like that, like a big city LA. Maybe. I don't know. Orlando's right, and we have a bunch of good pool holes. I mean, you know, the sports down downtown is like one of the hippos hangs out in hangouts in Orlando and it's all shooting pool throwing darts.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 1: I like this.
Speaker 3: I want I want to be better at it. But how do you get there?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 6: Instead, you just go and practice with a you know, a bunch of people better than you. I get that's one way, but I'm not hanging out there.
Speaker 3: But man, let me tell you something. It uh what I want. What I want you to do is is uh sinator or whatever. Go research your guy named Efrin rees. I think it's e F f R E n R E y E S And I think Ephrin's considered the greatest pool shot that ever lived, and our generation that would be like your William Asconi's and your fats uh a Minnesota fats. But this guy, Effyn Reyz is considered the goat like the greatest ever. And it's just it's not only that you shoot the ball in the right position. It's like the English like where you hit it on the cue ball to create the spin that once it hits you know where the cue ball is gonna wind up, you know, the leave or whatever, right, And that's all part of it. And this machine will actually teach you how to do that. It can project that whole thing on the onto the table. Somebody on the Texan service said, that's that's a foul, dude. All these people spent all these years in bars learning how to shoot pool, you know, hour after hour, and then you're.
Speaker 6: Gonna come in and have a computer just basically show you how to do it for free. Well, first of all, it won't be for free. It may be a shortcut, but I mean that is what are you know. Development and innovation has done as it has helped us like learn and build on that learning and so you can learn things more quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean compare us to people from two hundred years ago. Dude, I gotta tell you, if I didn't work this shift on radio, I would be I would be in a pool league, really yeah. Because my dad was a really good shot, and there for a while I wasn't a bad shot. I played a lot of snooker when I first moved Orlando because I didn't know anybody. So I just would go to pool halls and shoot pool just to pass time and became a pretty good shot. But I mean not now. But man, when we talked about pool before, when we did the interview for the Lady with that lady that that went out to Vegas, Remember she was playing for that ten k like they they sweated at me pretty hard to join a pool league. But I said, guys, I don't get off until seven o'clock and most of their league started at seven. Yeah, so I can't leave. You know, I would love to do it. I think it's a blast. Pool is a great game. It's so fun.
Speaker 20: Do you like it?
Speaker 3: It's all right? Yeah? You ever shot? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Like when where like and just wherever someone's basement. That's what I learned, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, up in Pine Hills, my buddy, our our friends, the Farises, had a pool table and their dad was like one of the greatest shots. He only had one eye. Oh wow, yeah, one eye. He lost his eye and I guess a work accident. And that dude he could shoot like crazy. He was so good.
Speaker 7: All I remember with the pool table is be very careful with the velvet, with the the felts. Oh yeah, yeah, don't do anything on or near that table.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, four our seven nine four one text us at seven and zero three one back in a second with more of the Jim Colbert Show.
Speaker 1: Still the common sense financial advice you need. It's only money with Scott Brown today at six twenty on the Jim Colbert Show.
Speaker 13: Good afternoon, Colbert crew.
Speaker 19: But a cup here.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to refer you guys to some diet A and w roper on ice.
Speaker 4: All right, have to be killed and then on ice, But it.
Speaker 2: Takes so close to the regular and roper you'll change your mind forever. Maybe have a great day.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 3: Check is your five bluck? You weren't c g ck. Go to a real radio dot of HM and send it on for your chance in a thousand bucks check. Is the word go get it? I got a Burtman now I can't. Is that a zero thing? Is that a pepsy zero thing? Is I think anything with carbonage?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 3: Lois all right, I'm Jim's dead Jack as well. Yeah, tell the story today. I don't. I mean, I don't. It's it's it's always been interesting to me how the sexes have dealt with sex. For lack of better word, h Brooke Baldwin. I'm trying to figure out who this is. I think she's a former CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin. Yeah, yes, I think she is. She's forty seven years old, and she went on a podcast and talked about as a substack of a sub sex can be podcasts as well, right, should it a? Oh? She has a thing called the brook Brooke Baldwin substack. Is that just a right end type thing? Or is that a video thing as well? Can it be like a podcast or like a video cast or what is that? Usually? I thought it was just a written thing, but me too. But she was a TV person. She was did like Afternoons on CNN. Yeah, yeah, well I guess Megan Kelly, the beautiful wonderful Megan Kelly or the wretched witch Macon. Kelly went on and made a comment on her show about what this woman said on this on this during the sub stack, and she was making a comment about getting back into the dating world and how she downloaded a dating app and had it on her phone for a grand total of three minutes, and said that said made a comment about four dudes wanted to get with her or something like that. Well, I guess because she's a scene in person and anybody at Fox is trying to slam anybody at CNN. It's been that way forever, right, Well.
Speaker 4: She she's no longer there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's been for years. She was like Newsmax now or something now, right, Magan Magon Kelly was with a Fox right right, and CNN she hasn't been with them for a while. Brooke Baldwin had left TV News years ago, a long time ago, right, Yeah, exactly, So I guess what they wrote Megan Kelly show did this whole thing, and Megan Kelly said that she made the definitive statement that she had had sex with four different dudes in one month, trying to shame her for this, saying that about Brooke Paul saying that about Brooke Baldwin because she'd mentioned downloading a dating app and rather than reading the entire article or reading the entire substack, she just took that part of it, went on her show on television and made a comment about Brooke Baldwin sleeping with four guys in a month. She was referencing a July nineteenth substack post called casual Sex Let's Discuss, where she opened up about redownloading a dating app for five days and having had the opportunity to sleep with four different men over the last month. You know, like anybody like deb could do that today. She would have to have the opportunity to sleep with four dudes after the show if she wanted, right, it has nothing to do with four days. It's just funny that Megan Kelly immediately jumped on this and tried to rag her for having sex with four different dudes in one month.
Speaker 7: If that's even what she did, it just sounds like she just took that out of context and ran with it.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what she did so much so she had to basically issue an apology and and I don't know, she had to correct herself with the headline because the headline read something like former CNN host Brooke Baldwin is over sharing about her sex life from Brooke baldwhen therapized therapized. Former CNN host says she slept with four guys last month. That was a headline they read on her website, and of course it immediately got snapped back. But who cares? What if you did have sex with four dudes in a month? Is that bad? If you had four If you had sex with four guys in a month, if you like to look up with four guys in a month, is that a bad thing. It's a way to shame somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, It's as old as time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's crazy though if it was the guy, if it was a guy, wouldn't be considered as shameful.
Speaker 4: Oh, it wouldn't be. She can that are shameful at all? That's a badge of honor, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it says that nobody contacted her to clarify the story.
Speaker 7: Nobody tried to clarify Kelly didn't try to clarify her story, stop it.
Speaker 3: She didn't seem to care about the premise at all. She doesn't. She wasn't looking to be factual before broadcasting it to a gigantic audience, which she does have old habits die hard. Huh yeah yeah, Well, I guess they haven't paid enough for it yet. She expressed concern about Kelly's comments reflect broader journalistic integrity and writing. Integrity means honesty, accuracy, and the humility to correct the record when the facts demand it. Without that, there is no trust. They reached out to Kelly's comment a team for comment and they got zero. She said, it's getting more pathetic by the day. She just continues to double down on it. There's no that's the problem. There is no shame where there should be shame, right none. And it's so funny, she says this quote. This is making Kelly. As it turns out, we should have paid the read the rest of her stupid substack, which we didn't. In the mad piece of the article, she confessed she actually did not have casual sex with these men. It's all just a teaser to get you to pay to listen to her lame recitations of her life. So, in other words, you got busted, you got busted, and now you're last baby, A little bit.
Speaker 4: Baby, she's too old.
Speaker 3: The lawyer obviously contacted Megan Kelly, and they obviously snap answered to that because they don't want to yet another defamation case sitting on their front door, which is exactly what would have happened. But is that defamation? Is that would that defame her? I mean, because I mean it's kind of weird with celebrities, it's so much more broad. But she didn't, she admits she look, I didn't read the entire story, and I made a statement that was completely false. I think, well, well, for one, she's kind of hurting her own career, or should be by no nobody watches that cares. But from what I remember, when Ray Trendly is in and he talks about this, you have to be able to prove damages. So if Brook Baldwin could say that you know, she did it maliciously, but she obviously said she just didn't paid to read it. So I don't think it would matter.
Speaker 6: If there was a you know, if she saw a loss in subscribers, I forget which one is on substack now Brook is Yeah, So if she saw diminishing returns following that, then that is the amount she could be liable for.
Speaker 3: I would presume she goes after revealing she had proposition she was had been propositioned by four men. She wrote bottom line, I'm flattered. Hang on, am I I said, it's so old school brook. I just want to be chosen. I just want to be chosen talking And no, I'm not flowered. I'm not unsurprised. There there's the truth. So crazy what you get away with now in the major media, you can just basically come out and say, well, this person just banging four dudes in a month, and there's zero repercussions for it. You know, you just issue some bs apology and move on. And she's I don't think she's taking action at all.
Speaker 7: And it's not even an apology that elevates it to something that when you have to put the words lame and stupid, it's just it. It diminishes you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it does. It's crazy.
Speaker 7: You sound like a petty little middle schooler who shouldn't have the platform that you have.
Speaker 3: All right, duh oh man.
Speaker 6: I believe substack can be video, but it's uh, it's for writers and creators a simple way to publish content. It could be their email list or you know, it could be just articles they post. But it says for video creators as well. Yeah, yeah, so maybe there's a different Like I've never been there.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I mean. I've never been to a substack because nobody writes anything. I don't want to go and read. I guess I don't know. Well, it's paid service.
Speaker 6: So so when Brooke she when Brooke left CNN, by the way, found out she was kind of forced out. She was butting heads with Jeff Zucker at the time, who was running CLAN and they kind of squeezed her out back in twenty twenty one. But that you know, she went direct to consumer by you know, doing report or journalism online.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Subsec looks like kind of like an Instagram thing actually, and it says on the left though you can have chat activities, explore profiles and everything like that. But when you kind of just scroll through it, it kind of looks like Instagram. You know, you can just put whatever you want, make a comment, put up videos or pictures or whatever you want. So Megan, where is is Megan Kelly?
Speaker 1: Just?
Speaker 3: Is that just a podcast as well? Or is she on with television? No, she's on shes The Megan Kelly Show. I think She's still on No, that's Laura Ingram. I think she has a News Nation show. Is where I think she is now is News Nation and still has a pretty big audience though. But they had to bounce her from Fox because I think what Noahs, Laura Ingram, right, was the one that caught up in the in the thing where they got sued for seven hundred and fifty million dollars. That was Ingram, Hannity and Tucker correct, and Tucker took the hit for them, all, yes, And Ingram's still on the station, right, yeah, And they had to pay the seven hundred and thirty million dollars or whatever, and then, you know, because they were all busted just lying behind the scenes about the election denial stuff and I think some of the vaccine stuff as well. All right, four oh seven nine four one text us at seven seven zero three one, Jack, you said you just saw a story out of High Lee of Florida was kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: A guy was fed up with work trucks parking on his block in front of his house. I believe it was eight and t trucks and there were a couple, you know, the bigger trucks where they were doing some uh you know, heavy telecom work, and uh he he took a little.
Speaker 3: He took his anger out on the vehicles. Also, they were parking his neighborhood, like just blocking up the neighborhood or whatever while they're doing like line work or whatever.
Speaker 6: On a regular street. They were parked on the street, but in front of his house. And he took umbrage with that. And how did he resolve it? Well, Jim, just like any good Floridian wood, he took out his pistol and started shooting them.
Speaker 3: And he went up.
Speaker 6: He shot the tires out on the first one, and then he went back and that there was a four yeah, and then he did and so on the other truck. He didn't even shoot the tires. He just went to the engine block and started firing right. And well, let me ask a question. This is again just to help me out here. So if you want them to leave to sable vehicle, If you want them to leave and then you shoot the tires and the engine out, you've kind of defeated the purpose of getting angry.
Speaker 7: Not only that you're going to be the one that's going to be leaving in silver handcuffs on your way to the Gray Bar Hotel.
Speaker 4: And that's probably not the way you wanted it work. Eighteen shots.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's see, that's eighteen counts of firing a weapon in the city limits. That is, let's see, that's vandalizing because you've ruined four tires as tires are probably five hundred bucks apiece.
Speaker 4: There wasn't anyone in the vehicle. Was They don't know?
Speaker 3: But what kind of van was it? Jack? Was it just a regular eighteen tavanners? It one of the big trucks, the big trucks. Oh so, so if you shot that engine and ruin that, those diesel motors are like thirty thousand dollars. Good, he's sixty four years old facing a whole bunch of Well are those felonies? I mean, when you fire a weapon, is that a felony? Automatically?
Speaker 4: I want to say, since he was shooting at the vehicles, it would be.
Speaker 6: But uh, he was released straight from jail on bond Thursday without having.
Speaker 3: To go before it. Judge. Really, that must not be that big of a deal. Oh it's Florida, My bad.
Speaker 7: Right the judge, Like, dude, I live in that neighborhood too, thank you. That's a real public service that you just did for us.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Guys are retired firefighter.
Speaker 4: From the Department of I should know better.
Speaker 3: Oh man, how stupid.
Speaker 4: You know, when it gets hot outside, people just go crazy.
Speaker 3: How do you get that angry that just a truck being there? Here's the thing, here's the thing that kills you know. It's temporary. It's not like they're parking it and putting it in on blocks like it's a food truck. It's going to be gone soon.
Speaker 6: Well it was going to be gone soon exactly. But one was aucket truck and there's a guy up in the bucket. No, was the bucket the engine one? Because doesn't the engine create the hydraulic pressure that runs all the buckets and stuff. I think it was because unless there were three trucks, because it wasn't the first truck that the first truck is where he shot the tires out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you have the bucket is I mean again, when your motor runs, I believe that same motor, the motor that you drive with, is the motor that creates the hydraulic pressure that it uses to move the bucket around and do all that work.
Speaker 4: This makes me.
Speaker 7: Think of the Lake County h OA president to chase door to door salesman and ram their truck with his truck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wanted them to leave.
Speaker 3: There's a copp in Pennsylvania right now going through it where he's just out of nowhere. Just chase down this black kid walking down the sidewalk and you know, like and then roughed him up and stuff. And then again, not even a few days later after they put this dude on blast on social media, like two or three days after that, gets caught doing something else like being a real like agro super agro guy.
Speaker 6: Oh man, Wow, And people are criticizing that he was released. They didn't order a psychological examination, just released a Wow. That's pretty crazy and also highly police could have put an item on his arrest report directing that he have a bond hearing before a judge, but they did not do that.
Speaker 3: Why didn't that was he was he a firefighter in that in that department. Yeah, you can remember sixty four years old, he's probably been out of the game for a little bit. Now. Yeah, wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: No bond for shooting eighteen shots in the neighborhood, like anything gonna happen there.
Speaker 4: And disabling some very expensive vehicles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, that is crazy. He's definitely gonna have to I mean, it's gonna cost him a lot of money. But man, no psyche vow.
Speaker 4: Now somebody said eighteen he had to reload.
Speaker 3: Oh they said he reload several times. Yea, yeah, oh yeah, that's a there's no question that should be a psyche evaluation minimum. And then somebody did say that firing a weapon in city limits is a is a secondary felony, third ary.
Speaker 7: Filony eighteen second degree felonies of shooting into a vehicle, Oh God almighty.
Speaker 3: And if somebody was in one, even in the bucket, I think that's still considered in the vehicle, is it not?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 7: If not, even more so because that person doesn't have the benefit of the protection of the vehicle. They're literally hanging up in the air. This guy had hit just the right piece of hydraulic equipment, they could have seriously injured or killed it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he hits one of those lines. I don't know how fast it comes down, but I mean my little tractor when I dropped, when I dropped my bucket on my tractor, even under pressure, it falls pretty quick, So he.
Speaker 6: Was booked on multiple counts of aggravated assault with a firearm. However, the arriving police reported that they saw him fire at the man in the bucket at the top.
Speaker 3: Of the utility. Oh how was this guy out of jail.
Speaker 6: Without even Lolida judge, just posting bail and walking out. Yeah, there's gotta be there's gotta be video of this, right. I don't mean there's there's no way there's a video, man, everybody, because I've seen it, like everybody has ring, everybody has video. Nothing else bodycam cam, I mean body camp video actually.
Speaker 3: Recorded on the cell phone by the AT and T workers.
Speaker 6: He's talking to nine one one at the time saying, yeah, he's shooting my truck.
Speaker 3: Oh and by the way, hoavier's in the bucket and he's he's popping off shots at the vier.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: Wow, man, that is bananas. And this is in hy Aalia, whereas that South Florida obviously, Yeah, by Miami or something where it's extra hot and crazy. Yeah, all right, four the seven nine one six four one. You can always text us at seven seven zero three one. Don't forget your five o'clock keyword is check c H E C K slide over two real radio out of him and sending that away for your chance at one thousand dollars tithing to load him up. Thugh Trivia is next.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 18: I'll try to do a Spider Man run down, but it'll probably be in a couple of parts. So the first one, the first three with Toby McGuire had William Dafoe's Green Goblin, the second one at Alfred Melinez dot Cock, the third one at Thomas Aden Church of Sandman and Toferd Grace as Venom, and all three Mary Jane was played by Kirsten Dunst.
Speaker 12: And I'll give you Andrew Girlfields next.
Speaker 3: All right, Uh, welcome back with the Jim Golber Show. We're already one to four point one on Jim. There's Devin hen now Beck is here as well. Yeah, and he has the Jackie sack. What is in it all? Aboard chocket chuckin clicktyl clickety clutch.
Speaker 6: Per tickets to see Journey the Final Frontier toour at the Key of Center October seventeenth. Journey is coming to town and you can be there if that's the price you choose. Also still time to take advantage of Orlando Science Center Stellar Night, where then bring your favorite artists a life with incredible laser effects inside the all new Dome. This has been extended through our eighth You can actually see the lineup and get ticket at OSC dot org. Those of the prize is available in today's Jackie Sack.
Speaker 3: So back to you. Hey, you never one, two, three, four, or five.
Speaker 4: You're going all the way to the back of the line today.
Speaker 3: Number five five sounds good, Rob? How you doing, Rob? Good? Doing good? Buddy? Want to play a little game with us.
Speaker 18: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. Indeed a game, all right, Rob, This is a real easy game, buddy. You got a questionnaire for you, four answers. One of these answers is a lie? What trying to fool you, buddy? But if you can find it, I will send you over to jack and you can pick out something nice for yourself. Are you ready, yes, sir? All right, buddy. On this day in nineteen seventy five, the US Department of Interior designates the grizzly bear as an endangered species. Here are three fun facts about grizzly bears and one jamboree of a line. Oh here you go, all right, buddy, we're talking about grizzly bears. Which one of these is not true? Number one, Grizzly has nothing to do with their demeanor. It's the silver tipped fur that gives them a grizzly look. That's where the name came from. Number two. Although grizzlies fishing streams often, they are considered bad swimmers in the animal kingdom. Number three, although they are omnivores, a grizzly bear's diet is about seventy five percent plants, nuts, and berries. Or Lastly, grizzly bears can stand ten feet tall and weigh half a ton, but they can still run thirty five miles per hour. That is eight miles an hour faster than Ussain Bolt. Which of those is a lie? Number one, No, that's absolutely true. Grizzly has nothing to do with their demeanor or they're being mean. Their silver tipped fur when they when they get riffled up, makes them look kind of grizzled.
Speaker 4: And Jack, isn't that grizzly bears that's on our YouTube feet.
Speaker 3: I think so. It's in Alaska, but you can tell by their face because grizzly bears have like a spooned nose as opposed to the bulbous nows. Be there dead one, two, three, or four. We're gonna go two two sounds good. Let's go to Jake. Jake, how you doing? Hey good?
Speaker 12: How's it going?
Speaker 3: Dude, buddy, we're talking about grizzly bears here, which one of these isn't true? Number one, Although grizzlies fishing streams often, they are all considered bad swimmers in the animal kingdom. Number two, although they are omnivores. At grizzly bears diet is seventy five percent plants, nuts, and berries or A grizzly bear can sand ten feet tall and weigh half a ton, but they can still run thirty five miles an hour. Ussin Bolt runs twenty seven miles per hour. I'm from Nane. I'm pretty sure they can swim pretty well. So number one, Yeah, you got me, dude, that's the one. Yeah, they're considered unbelievably good swimmers, actually really one of the best, like polar bear levels swimming. They're very very good swimmers. You're the mand dude. I'm gonna put you on an old enjoy your pay.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm lucky you being from a state like man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great, man, that's awesome. Yeah, it's so funny. I looked up and I saw Jack had bears upon the street. I'm like, what are the chances that could be a brown bear? Though? That could be just on your common brown bear, But the grizzlies have that spoony kind of nose.
Speaker 4: I tell you what, Let's see who can get off the closest and figure it out.
Speaker 3: So, although they are omnivores, a grizzly bear's diet is seventy five percent plants, nuts, berries, and roots.
Speaker 7: Now, see that's the one I thought was the lie, just because so often with the videos you see them just gorging themselves on salmon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a grizzly bear can stand ten feet tall and way half a ton. But they also can run thirty five miles per hour, And I immediately went that sounds pretty fast. I wonder how fast Usain Bolt is. Twenty seven point four is the fastest I think he's ever been clocked running. So just think you got a half a ton, you get a piste off Volkswagen with four inch claws running at you with a death wish. I just watched the revenue this week. I want no part of that and no part of the distinct hump on a grizzly bear's back is pure fat muscle.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: It allows them to dig through roots or bust open rotten logs. They take them apart like their legos. Grizzly bear's bite strength is in the top ten in the animal kingdom.
Speaker 4: I would imagine, yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what the number one one is now, crocodile.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, that makes sense. I was gonna say a hippo.
Speaker 3: Polar bear is up there. I think polar bear is number number five. Hippo is like second. Grizzly bear. Sense of smell is how many times stronger than the.
Speaker 4: Humans twenty five.
Speaker 3: Fifty two thousand. They can smell food twenty miles away. They can smell a dead animal twenty miles away.
Speaker 7: That's why they say bringing ramen noodles with you when you're camping is good, because not only can you use the noodles to help start a fire, but you can cook them without them emitting any kind of food smell that would a bear to your campsite.
Speaker 3: Their eyesight is similar to humans. They have incredibly good color eyesight, and their sense of hearing is about the same as dogs in it's a stone cold killing mission that you're just out there roaming the woods with me. There's a video I saw the other day. I was actually telling Brandon Kravitz about it. I don't know how we got on this. There's video and you can look it up on YouTube of a grizzly bear, a full size male grizzly bear that they imagine is probably about anywhere from eleven hundred pounds to maybe thirteen hundred pounds, running full speed straight up a mountain, and it's a good three minutes. Like any other human being, you're dead halfway through. This thing is literally just pulling all that weight as fast as he can run straight up a mountain. It is crazy. The guy who made the video is like talking about the grade of how steep that is, and you just go, You're just blowing yourself away, like it's so crazy. The bears we are looking at and usually look at on our screen are brown brown bears, and by the way, grizzlies are a are part of that family, the brown bear family. Relative to their side grizzly size grizzly bears have the largest brain of any land dwelling carnivore.
Speaker 4: Did not know that.
Speaker 3: And then lastly, what percent of grizzly berths are twins?
Speaker 18: Uh?
Speaker 3: Twenty sixty one percent of all births from the grizzly bear are twins sets of twins. Wow, Yeah, pretty cool. And they go into it. They go into a thing called a torpor, which is like their hibernation, and they do not urinate or defecate for between four to six months.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they have They build up a plug that's made up of dirt and grasses and whatever, and that keeps everything there until they can get out of the cake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they eat twenty thousand calories a day, which is equal to about ninety to one hundred pounds of food of whatever going into their hibernation. And yeah, crazy.
Speaker 4: Plus I believe mother bears give birth while they're in that den and will wake up and be like, oh, hell, I've gotten it.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what happens. They say around January in the middle of their hibernation, the bears will give birth, but the bears are only like a pound and they just kind of survive there. And then the mom wakes up and you have four.
Speaker 7: Kids surprise, wake up from a nap and you're like, well, as long as I out.
Speaker 3: Just when you thought grizzlies were cool, they have random kids out of nowhere. They fall asleep and wake up with a family.
Speaker 4: Do you know where your kids are?
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a little break, come back in a second and do a little bit more than Jim Colber show. We do have rig Rossler for It's only money coming up today. So if you have any questions about your retiremental security, Medicare, or anything like that, just give us call. We'll do it.
Speaker 19: What's up, Colbrat crew pay Another fun fact about grizzly bears. Yes, you see them gorging on salmon all the time, but they normally just tend to eat the heads and the skin. They do not really eat the flesh. They're just looking for the fatty parts of the fish.
Speaker 18: I think every female listening this afternoon is wishing that they could give birth like a grizzly bear and just wake.
Speaker 10: Up and there they are.
Speaker 1: But I don't know, does that take away from the.
Speaker 4: All the pain?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think I want that. I think you could take a bear. I don't know where that was going, but I think you could take a bear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, your six o'nuck keywords bank, V A NK, go to real radio dot FIM and send that away for your chance in a thousand bucks. Bank is the word, guys, go get your money, Go get it sniper. And remember, if you're playing the game, phone on phone up, answer it when it rings.
Speaker 4: Gotta you only have to wait an hour.
Speaker 7: And even though it's probably gonna say no caller, ID, it could be a thousand dollars.
Speaker 15: Yea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know we were talking about, you know, the whole health's things. I got going on a little bit and I need to lose some weight and you know, kind of get my blood work in check, and I wanted to ask. I was just kind of walking to the bathroom and wondering, what is more surprising. Let's say if you haven't seen somebody in a while, right, is it more surprising if people gain weight or lose weight?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Okay, and let me and like let's say that Jack, I go away and I don't see Jack for four or five months, right, and then I'm like come back in town. I'm like, hey, man, let's look up, let's go to lunch, and we go to lunch. I weigh thirty pounds more than I weigh right now? Is that more shocking than me weighing thirty pounds less than I weigh right now?
Speaker 7: I would say at our age, it's more shocking when it's less because that could be a real indication that things have gone Yeah, yeah, way bad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and more uncommon. Right, it's more uncommon that people add weight as supposed to lose weight. And again to Deb's point, medically there are medical reasons why you could lose a lot of weight, and I think so that would be the shock.
Speaker 3: So the losing the weight would be the one. Would you automatically give credit to disease before workout when you saw somebody doing that? Not in the world of GLP ones, Yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's a little different now, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But as we had last time we talked about GLP ones and seeing someone you hadn't seen for a while and saying, hey, you lost a lot of weight, right, And the listener texted us and said that the person responded to, yeah, we'll have pancre had a cancer with only months to live, right, So it's almost one of those things that unless maybe they bring it up or yeah, this is.
Speaker 3: A weird thing. And there's somebody I know right now that I'm virtually certain is on GOLP ones. These they're losing weight, you know, at a pretty good clip, and they're young enough where I think, well, I mean, obviously they can't they don't have a problem. But because the GLP one thing has been like vilified, is it vilified the word? I don't know if it's vilification or not, but it's been a stigma, stigmatized.
Speaker 4: In the beginning, maybe, but not anymore.
Speaker 6: I don't think so anymore. But some people are holding on to that belief of the Guide to Europe right there, because you even said you would, you wouldn't do it. It feels like cheating to you. But if your doctor said, with your latest blood work and you're you're focusing on your health right now and you realize you have to make some changes, if they say this pill is the or a shot is the best way to get you there for all the other benefits is as well that we're learning about with GLP ones.
Speaker 3: I mean, they offered it this time and I turned it down. Again. Yeah, they turned it down. They wanted me to take Monjarno is it one? Yes?
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The first time I saw him and I had some issues that are like, well, you should probably take a Monjoorno and I'm like, I'm not gonna take it. I can do it myself. Then I didn't do it myself. I prove and then they offered it again this time and I said, I tell you what, let me do this, let me give it a shot. I'm gonna take this seriously. This is obviously a little bit more than I expected. So let me do this and make some changes. I'll do another blood test in a couple of months, and then if at that time it shows that even with my efforts nothing's changing, I'll get on your gd GLP one. It's uh, it's admirable. You know what they said as well? Why you know this is what he said. It's so funny because although weight loss certainly is a part of this, what that doctor said to me was, it's the side effects that we want for you. That's that's the thing that's crazy. Like, yeah, the weight loss is one thing, but the cardiacs stuff, heart help and all kinds of other helps in your body.
Speaker 4: Lowers your bread your block blood pressure.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. It's like magic.
Speaker 6: So for that point, I don't understand, like the resistance, I understand you said, well, you know, I don't want to be seen as cheating to lose weight, but for you it's I mean, it's fixing your heart or whatever whatever the other benefits at the raft.
Speaker 3: But I mean, do you remember though, that we've had medical like breakthroughs that we thought were like the greatest thing ever and then, like you know, a year and a half after the introduced you're like, what you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Alestra a finfinn alestra.
Speaker 3: I mean, these things were all pushed by by people who were like you know, doctors and medical professionals, and it turns out one ruined your liver and the other one made you poop like uh doctor SEUs poop.
Speaker 6: For years, we've been waiting for the other shoe to drop on GLP ones and it just keeps getting better.
Speaker 3: It's it's weird. Do you say years though, how long have GLP one's really been in play? It's been like what two years now, it's been longer than that. Is it really like on the mainstream, like we hear about him now, because yeah, Billy Gardell was fat when he was pushing them on TV. Yeah. Oh yeah, that's right, Billy guardoll about Billy. He's thin, he's been thin for a while. Yeah. Coolest guy in the world, too cool, Yeah, but he was.
Speaker 6: He was the first one I remember, and that's before they really knew about the weight loss, or at least they weren't allowed to prod up the weight loss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 7: GOLP one receptor agonist medications first hit the market in this year with the FDA approval of Bayeta, which was the FDA approval of the brand name.
Speaker 6: What do you think, Jack, I'm going to go twenty fourteen, So twelve years ago, that's my guest, that's his guest. That seems so long ago, guys, but by the time we became aware of it, right, Remember, it's kind of like the AI thing, right, I mean, AI has been out for a while, but I mean I remember AI as being one of those common things, like just three or four years ago, everybody used AI on the time.
Speaker 3: I remember reading a story about Chad Gibt. I think we talked about it on the show.
Speaker 4: So what's your guest, Sure, drink your Pepsi zero and give me your guests eight years.
Speaker 3: So I looked the two thousand and what two eighteen eighteen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about two thousand and five?
Speaker 3: Wow? Really two thousand and five, twenty one years.
Speaker 7: First hit the market in two thousand and five, so in those twenty one years. But hold on now, in those twenty one years. So this started as a drug specifically for diabetics, and then it's kind of like, oh, I got you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't remember the name of the medications.
Speaker 3: Exactly what you're thinking about.
Speaker 7: Well buttrin right, Well Butchrin used to be prescribed in psychiatry hospitals for depression. Then they found that psychiatric patients started quitting smoking, yes, just for no other reason than the well buttrin. I think that's the same thing that happened with the golp ones. First it started with diabetics. Now they're seeing cardiovascular side effects they weren't expecting to see. Now you're seeing effects and addiction treatment they weren't expecting to see. So I think the avenues for golp ones have just continued to open over the last twenty one years because we're seeing a lot more from the drug than what they expected.
Speaker 3: And I totally forgot about the application of diet like it wasn't really a weight loss drug from the onset right now. He was in drug for something else. Completely completely forgot about that part of it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, when Billy Gardell was doing the commercials, it was for the original reason.
Speaker 7: Type two diabetes, which is more often than not brought on by obesity. So it was to help people within that morbid obese world get their A one C under control and their insulin. The weight loss was just like whoa, and then the cardiovascular whoa yeah yeah, and then people who you know again weren't drinking or taking drugs because they run GLP ones right right right, So they're finding all kinds of new applications for this class of drug.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say it ruined his career, but I mean, has Billy done a whole bunch since he lost all that weight.
Speaker 6: He did a whole another show. What was it going, Bob Loves a Abit solo or Isola?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's strange name. Yeah, with all their respects. Sorry, I think I think he actually talked about that aspect of it as well, because he'd been accepted by the audience. John Goodman, I think is kind of the same way. Right, he had been accepted by the audience as a big Fred Funstone liging dude, right, you know, a big bulbus guy. But because and he drank a lot. I mean I remember, I think it was Carlos telling a story about drinking with him downtown Orlando after something he did here. And that guy was a monster, like he could really drink, but he stopped doing that, went on jlp on. Obviously he had a health scare as well. And and his career is kind of weird now because it's weird to accept him as a thin guy. You don't really look at him like that.
Speaker 6: But what he was on the Monsters earlier this year, a wonderful person. Yeah, just so open and sweet, and he was just he's one of their best guests. I don't know if he's on there Hall of Fame yet, but he should be.
Speaker 3: Yeah he is. And you know what the funny thing is is Bill used to take tickets at bonkers here in town. And so the craziest part is I because I had to money, So when I was dating you know, my ex at that time, I would almost I would just call radio stations and win comedy tickets and we our date was always comedy shows, So I would go up there. Billy Gardell would take my tickets so I could go in and see Darryl Hammond Hammond do stand up, because Daryl was just a regular club stand up like, no differently like than Ross and Joel and all the guys that are around here, you know, doing the comedy club scene. Before he went to Suray. Yeah, before he went to SNL. We would see that guy just got of do a twenty forty minute set at a club in Orlando and then just disappeared. Billy was right there, crazy. Daryl Hammond did a great Bill Clinton impression on Saturday Nightline. Oh it was great at that. Well, at one point I think they called him like one of the most important cast members ever, like right there, I mean, because he did a lot. He had some demons too. I think it was Brov already grew up with.
Speaker 6: I think there's a documentary where he talks about, you know, the challenges he had.
Speaker 3: But then he went back and he was cracked out for a while with that.
Speaker 15: It.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Savannah knows him, Yeah, like savannahnew him and hung out with him actually go to Savannah, used to go to New York and out with him and his because I think he and his wife like lived in different apartments or something. It was kind of wild, like I think he knew Darryl's wife well, or she knew Darryl's wife well, and would go up there and hang out with them for like weekends and stuff in New York. But yeah, dude went through them. He had a moment and he's one of those guys that does not seem like he doesn't seem like a guy who could even begin a crack problem. But I think he used a lot of drugs. I think he had a weird childhood, right, Yes, Yeah, I think he did. Yeah, all right four seven nine one six what Texters said? That Wikipedia according to Wikipedia, and that's never wrong. By the way, Billy Gardell lost his weight by a bariatric surgery, So yeah, but I know he did. Didn't he do a commercial?
Speaker 6: We know he was doing those commercials in the beginning, so you would assume maybe it could be both stoner here, Jimmy, I lost fifty pounds on tur zeppetide. Is that one of those things? Was that a gop one yeah, I wanted to talk about three years ago. Had high cholesterol, high blood pressure, borderline type two started at twenty twenty. Excuse me, started at two twenty five, now one seventy two. Good for you, sir, Yeah, yeah, assuming is it's sir Stoner. Yeah, I'm betting Stoner's a guy.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and someone else's JLP drugs were invented by AI and AI agent took two studies from opposite parts of the world and said, you need to combine these.
Speaker 3: I don't know how true that is, but what was AI A round at oh five?
Speaker 6: To a different degree, I think you know, Siri on your phone is a artificial intelligence. It's just we computers are artificial intelligence. It just keeps getting better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the first iPhone was it wait, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh seven seven But but and Siri wasn't even on any but then like the Amazon smart speakers. Yeah, so it's just those are ones where they communicate with you. But computer learning is and those learning models have been just growing exponentially.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And think one of the things that you've pointed out early on with AI, one of the biggest things we'll see, uh, you know, advancements in medicine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well, without question. I read another story the other day about something a breakthrough that it figured out. It's also figured out three math problems that have been unfigured for one hundred years. Good. You don't have to take math one hundred years dude and say another benefit. And by the way, it's so funny you say that, because in the context of the story they said that, they said this to the like math could be obsolete, Like why why do you need to know it when you have a machine that can do everything and do it fifty times faster and farther than you could ever imagine doing it as a human. Yeah, all right, four seven nine one six, everything's fined up. Yeah, everything's fine. We're good, sure, just leading to the machine. Unless people are shooting at at and t trucks, everything's great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's so when that EMP hits, that's what we're right, right, that's when how does the slide roll work?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Exactly, you're six o'clock.
Speaker 3: You were his bank b A n K. Go to real radio out of him and send that off for your chance in a thousand bucks, or buddy Greg Rossler is up next for it's only money.
Speaker 12: Dress Jim, You're doing the right thing, trying to take care of this on your own. Golp ones are great for people with no self control, oh man, But what really needs to happen is you need to reset your brain's reward system.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, as soon as you get off these drugs, you're gonna go back to the same habits.
Speaker 12: Do you really want to be on this drug forever?
Speaker 13: Py Jim?
Speaker 21: Why don't you use your diet to help a lot of us out. I would love to go on a diet, but I don't really have the time where even really the skill to pick out a good healthy recipe and menu for the week. Why don't you post your menu on your website so we can know how to eat healthy?
Speaker 19: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've only been asking him to do that for months.
Speaker 3: It's the way you ask.
Speaker 4: Oh, this would be a great idea. You're right, I'll try.
Speaker 3: Here's six o'clock, Yward his bank b A NK slide over as a real radio that I have him been sending it away for your chance at one thousand dollars. Welcome back on, Jim. There's death Jack is here as why time, by the way, just cool you before you get entered a to Greg, I'll give you this. This sums up exactly who my wife is and one of the reasons why we've been married for like twenty two years now.
Speaker 19: This is it.
Speaker 3: Right, So, when you have somebody in your in your life and they're your true partner, the whole idea is for them to be as honest as possible with you at all times, right, with little, very little thought about your emotions involved it all right? Yeah, So my wife is listening to us on the way home and she texts me, this isn't taking blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds and blood sugar meds all cheating too, because you can maintain that with diet. Oh ja point.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'll be in the guest room and we'll figure out where we go from there. It's not cheating if there's no comp that's right, exactly, let's do It's only money.
Speaker 4: Oh, people passionate about planning for their future rose above investments myths to build.
Speaker 12: Isn't that really just common sense financial advice?
Speaker 3: It's oh okay, here, it's all the money wi Scott Browns on the Edge O Family World.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 3: But give it up. Good labor, great wrestler right there for dwar Family Wealth. He is there. I don't know what You're a specialist over there, big guy, aren't you looking assassin?
Speaker 22: Medicare doesn't let me say expert, But I never argue with anybody about it.
Speaker 3: Are you really not supposed to say that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not allowed really?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 22: How why I guess because there's no such thing in the even then.
Speaker 7: Man, right when the government says no, no, no, don't say you're an expert at this, because we're not.
Speaker 3: Edgewater Familywealth dot com. Not only can you take the Wealth DNA test there, you can also downloads books for free. You can make a consultation, talk to people, find people like Greg Rossler has been with these guys for many, many years, specializing in so security planning and medicare and things of that nature. Matter of fact, you know the whole We hear a lot about medicare these days. So and every time you come in, we kind of talk about that very much because it seems like the bars and the rules change a lot right now. So what is going on right now with medicare? What's what's the deal?
Speaker 22: Well, the big deal is all the questions we get as agents on the chaos that you see on TV. So every day I'm picking up the phones, somebody says, hey, am I eligible for free groceries? I'm seeing these things on TV. So the first thing to understand is what they're talking about. So with Medicare, Part A and Part B, I call them the foundational parts of Medicare. Okay, they actually come from the federal government. Part A I don't pay anything for in most cases.
Speaker 3: Part B.
Speaker 22: Everybody pays for a monthly premium for Part B. Okay, the base premium two hundred and two dollars ninety cents a month this year, and that's for everybody that's across the border, regardless ye part part B. There's nothing to decide. It's the same from Alaska to Key West. Say every day. There's no variable, it's just do I want it? There's no variable in what I picked, all right. The variable comes in now that I have A and B, I have unlimited out of pocket exposure. Medicare has no stop loss. It's unlimited.
Speaker 3: I don't know that means. It means you don't ever have to pay anything at all.
Speaker 4: Ever, No, you never get to a point where you don't pay anything. It's the opposite.
Speaker 3: Oh yea.
Speaker 22: So Medicare has like your plan here at work. Sure, at some point you'll stop paying. If you have a bad year for care, right Medicare, it'll then never stop. There will always be cost, there will always be cast. So you got to pick something in the secondary space, because I like to say, nobody flies naked out of my office.
Speaker 3: In other words, there's a supplemental policy or a supplemental plan. They can help where Medicare stops.
Speaker 22: Exactly correct, yeap helps you with that unlimited out of pocket. And there's really two distinct directions I can go. I can buy more coverage, or I can do Medicare advantage. So buying more coverage can arguably be the better option. But you're paying for something. It will go up every year and you'll pay for it for the rest of your life if you stay on it. That's called a metic gap policy. I stay on Medicare's administration. Medicare is still in charge of my care. My private insurance company that I'm buying has no discretion over me. They can't deny a claim, they can't require prior repuizations, they can't tell me who to use. It's a much easier life if I stay on Medicare's administration. But I better pay for more coverage because of the unlimited out of pocket.
Speaker 3: And how much more is that supplemental package? Is that dependent on certain aspects?
Speaker 22: Yes, depends on my age, my gender, my zip code, my tobacco, your gender, yes, male female in the Medicare supplements space.
Speaker 3: Why would that be a different at that age? I mean, I wouldn't think that a man live long or let live lemon live longer.
Speaker 22: Because women don't have prostates. Oh really, yes, men pay more in the metic gap space.
Speaker 3: Wow, did not know that? That's crazy? Yeah.
Speaker 22: So the average price right now in Central Florida anywhere from two twenty five to three hundred dollars a month additional for a fifty five year old person.
Speaker 3: Brings a total up to like four hundred fifty bucks correct, Okay? And not everybody has that right or sees the value. Yeah, yeah, because a lot of people in Social Security would have gotten that package of years and years ago, and I mean they might not be bringing home even two thousand dollars from Social.
Speaker 22: Correct And you got to understand my part by premium will go up every year. If I do a metagap policy, it will go up every year. So I have to have a decent amount of discretionary spending in retirement to go meda gap.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 22: Really, if I don't have that discretionary spending or I don't see the value I can do Medicare advantage, that's the noise you see on TV. Those are all call centers.
Speaker 3: I see.
Speaker 22: So Joe Namath and JJ Walker right right right, and William Shattner and that cranky lady Martha who's yapping about the Medicare She.
Speaker 3: Is, yeah, yeah, a big fan. She seems like a mega b A.
Speaker 4: Bad representation for I mean, yeah, it's so bad.
Speaker 22: People sit down and decide, Okay, let's put this seemingly miserable person is the face of our administration.
Speaker 3: But I digress.
Speaker 22: So they're trying to get you to call them. You're gonna call, and then they're going to find a reason a way an election period to churn you potentially onto a different advantage plan. So advantage plan. The attractive part is I don't pay any additional premium. In most places, the advantage plan options are limited to my county of residents. So the Advantage plan, I roll in, roll in hopefully is one of the better options. There's multiple options depending upon where I am my county. So they're going to try to spin me, churn me, get me onto what they would arguably call a better option. Yeah, but that's just to get you to call the call center.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because somebody just texted and said the Medicare advantage plan is a giant scam. One of the worst things that happen to our seniors is that accurate.
Speaker 22: I would argue that it can potentially be one of the best things for a certain demographic, right, Okay, gotcha. Because if I have the option of sitting on Medicare A and B and paying twenty percent for my chemotherapy, my radiation, two hundred dollars a day for my inpatient skilled nursing rehab, that'll bankrupt me pretty quick at the speed a light.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty quick.
Speaker 22: Now, idea, I can stay on Medicare if I have the discretionaire spending to buy more coverage. If I don't, then Medicare Advantage is a better option than sitting on Medicare A and B flying naked.
Speaker 3: Do you have the opportunity to always enroll in Medicare Medicare advantage or this is one of those things that once you enroll in something you can't I.
Speaker 4: Mean, that's a great question.
Speaker 22: Yeah, and that's one of the how I say, if you want to tell if your agent is shooting you straight, make sure that they explain to you your federal rights on enrollment. And they don't gloss over Medicare supplements, the medicgapp policies, right, A lot of agents will gloss over them because they don't pay as well in the commission space.
Speaker 3: Believe it or not.
Speaker 22: Wow, an agent might be steering you towards the plan that pays them the most. We Care advantage will pay almost twice as much commission as a medicapp policy.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 22: So when I'm first turning sixty five, or turning my part byond delayed because I kept working past sixty five, I get a six month window to enroll into a medagap policy, no medical questions. It's called your federal metagap open enrollment.
Speaker 3: So that means that they don't care about prior anything. They don't care you're you're enrolling. You could be literally dying as you write.
Speaker 22: I've signed up people on dialysis on chemotherapy. Wow, sent links to hospital beds for signatures, no medical questions?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Really after that six month window in most cases.
Speaker 22: Now, there are some exceptions, but in most cases, if I want to do a metagap policy, I'm answering medical questions. So it's important that people understand I might start on advantage because it's it shows a better value, like go the doctor twice a year. I'm going to start here and maybe down the road when the wheels get loose, I'm going to go over to metagap.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let me let me clear something over He goes. I say, right now, it's like two hundred and two dollars for Medicare A right, B Medicare Medicare B. Correct? What is Medicare A.
Speaker 22: Premium free for most people? If you've paid in forty quarters of fight A taxes no premium part A.
Speaker 3: Got it? And then the supplemental plan is another two hundred and fifty bucks. Right, So that makes it four hundred and fifty dollars Once I buy that supplemental plan. What's my out of pocket when I go to a doctor for an appointment? Broken leg, new lung, whatever the case may.
Speaker 22: Be, right, now on a plane G which is the most comprehensive plan. My out of pocket this year two hundred and eighty three dollars.
Speaker 3: Two hundred and eighty three dollars on top of your premiums.
Speaker 22: For all benefits under A and B.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 22: Answer heart disease. You know, I blow my knee out right, get a new pacemaker. Why wouldn't Why would anybody not get that plan? Then it seems like the plan that covers the most that can happen, not the but you have planned happening. But you know, as you get older, a fall could mean a lot different than me falling out of this studio today. You know, your fall at seventy eight years old, that's gonna be a complete game changer.
Speaker 3: The number one reason has cost some people under retirement with buckets of discretionary spending will still have a mortgage thirty grand than an IRA.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 22: Yeah, So the number is seventy million people on Medicare, thirty five million people on Medicare advantage, fifteen million people on medic gap paying a premium the rest or on retirement benefits, military benefits, VA benefits.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 22: So twice as many people do advantage as do metagap.
Speaker 3: So your experience, most of people do the same thing. You're just saying.
Speaker 22: Well, in my experience, because my book of business refers me to people who prepared for retirement. Typically I'm writing metagapp policy. Gotch I lead with metagap. I made my clients say that's something I see no value in or I can't afford it before we start discussing Medicare advantage. Medicare advantage works. The person who said it's a total scam as a bit of an exaggeration, and I'd lose my license if I agreed with him or set it out loud. But we have to be careful of understanding. The private insurance companies do protect me against catastrophic years because every one of them, by federal mandate, has to have a point I stop paying, Yeah, and it can be low so I can enroll in a plan where I have that bad year, I come out of pocket four or five grand. I'm covered for the rest of the year at one hundred percent.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyway, so when you just sex and Karen said Greg is the best helped us out quite a bit. Doesn't say a last same, so good and tell you thank you Karen. One person said, I've seen people lose their legs waiting for approvals. Also kills people by denials. I don't know what any of that means.
Speaker 22: So what they're saying there is with Medicare advantage, what you have to understand is you are agreeing to get your Medicare benefits from a private insurance company.
Speaker 3: No secret.
Speaker 22: Private insurance companies are in the profit business. They have CEOs and shareholders, so they can require and often do require, prior authorizations Before my doctor can do a surgery, a test, or procedure he or she wants to. They may need to get a green light, and they may not get a green light from the insurance company. The insurance company may say, yes, that's the Medicare benefit, but this is the way we cover that Medicare benefit. So yes, there can absolutely be some roadblocks for sure.
Speaker 3: Well, that sounds like that sounds like a good trap, dude, that sounds like quicksand.
Speaker 22: And the way to avoid that is metic gap. If I have the discretionary spending to buy a metagap policy, I stay on Medicare's dime. Medicare is making the decisions. I've completely handcuffed the private insurance company.
Speaker 4: They can't do it.
Speaker 3: They can't do anything just because of the mandates. Yeah, Jack, correct, Greg.
Speaker 6: I remember when my mom was getting Social Security, she wasn't paying anything for meta care. Was that being automatically deducted from Social Security?
Speaker 22: A person on Social Security, they will automatically deduct the party premium federal law. If I go on Medicare Part B and I'm not on Social Security benefit, I'll get a quarterly bill to pay that monthly premium.
Speaker 6: And why would someone go on Medicare and not be collecting such security if they continue to work or.
Speaker 22: Correct they can be working, they can and you can playing because that can go on Medicare at sixty five, and I might want to keep my Social Security benefit growing in the background till age seventy, right or sixty seven?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's what I think. That's what one of my in laws did. The whole idea is like they continue to work and then and then did the Social Security but they got Medicare and it was one of the greatest days of their life. I mean, because they got to drop all their medical insurance and it's expensive. They're in their mid sixty late sixties and uh yeah.
Speaker 22: Yeah, that can go on Medicare. At sixty five, I can still be working. And then a sixty seven I hit my full retirement age. I can be making a million dollars a month right in my social security on be on Medicare and and then social security.
Speaker 3: And speaking of sol security, you know, you know, it's so funny. I talk to Scott about this all the time. And it's kind of interesting when you go online and you're watching people who do the financial thing. I don't know what it is now, but people like to walk through the woods and get financial advice Tyler financial. Yeah, yeah, exactly. You know what I'm talking about. You know, I'm here just give you for advice. You know, Tyler, it's so funny. When you watch one of his videos, you get a thousand of them. But you know, Tyler, that guy's not the only one saying it. This is something I've talked to Scott about as well, because you know about it's when you take your benefit, because you know, you see that slide rule thing. You're like, well, if you start taking it at sixty two, yes, you're gonna make considerably less, maybe even half if you if you wait but the fact is you're thirty percent less. Yeah, but you're collecting it for six more years or five more years, and it turns out to be like it could be over one hundred thousand dollars you've collected before you get back, and the catchup time is like another six years or something, right.
Speaker 22: Typically longer eleven twelve years is the break even, depending upon my age, depending upon those variables. But there are several reasons to wait. My favorite reason is the mail. Let's paint with the broadbrush here. The mail has a higher Social Security benefit. He wants to leave the largest survivor benefit to his younger wife. So the longer he waits, the greater the benefit is he passes to her, not only bigger for him, but bigger for her. Right, So that's a great reason to wait. Yeah, yeah, that's about it. Other than that, I'm like, turn it on. Get the money on your balance sheet as soon as possible.
Speaker 3: Does that also factor in how much money you have saved, Like what's your four oh one k or ira? Looks like if you go in and you're about to retire at sixty two and you got a couple, you know, got a million and a half you know, bucks in the bank and you know you're gonna be you don't really need that money at that time. Is that a that situation where you basically just kind of hang out. Sure, the Social.
Speaker 22: Security guarantees you an eight percent increase from your full retirement age until age seventy every year, so that's not nothing. But getting it on my balance sheet might make more sense. Maybe I'm in great health. Maybe I think I'm going to make it to eighty nine or ninety or one hundred years old, So then waiting gives me a longer benefit. I heard one guy say, there's three there's three distinct periods of retirement. Go go slowgo, no go. When do you want more money?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Really? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And it's hard to argue with that, And I'm traveling more. Maybe I want more money.
Speaker 22: Maybe I want my benefit right, But if I'm fighting hedging against inflation, then maybe I want a larger benefit longer.
Speaker 3: Super stupid question here, because I do not know this stuff. I have no reason for me to pay attention quite yet, but I'll ask anyway. So I start getting my so Security. Let's say I do it at sixty seven, I wait, and I get the full ride. And I die at seventy three. Uh huh, Right, so you know, five years after I get my money, I die, How long does my wife get that money until she passes Until she passes?
Speaker 22: Correct, But she cannot keep hers The federal government can't incentivize a spouse to kill a spouse, so they'll get both. You'll get the higher of the two, gotcha. If your benefit is higher, she'll get this switch.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 3: There, you just survivor benefit, got it. Got I just want to get that in her head. Yeah, Also the part she can't kill you, and then if you want to make sure she's undersaid, that's the part I want to get in her head back. Yes, it's an important part of the place.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And anybody want to ask you questions about this, you're more than welcome to take those phone calls at the at the at the office all day, Yeah, all day long. Right, Sure, that's what it is. And it's you know, it's so confusing that I would think that everybody in the world approaching that age would want the best advice possible, because again, in some of these situations, once you make that decision, it's done, right, I mean, like, once you decide, would to take your benefit. You have a very short period of time, or any time at all, to make that change.
Speaker 22: You have six months it make the change. You got to pay it all back. You got to pay all the money back.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to.
Speaker 22: Change my mind. And I have to write a check first six times my monthly payment, so I don't have that anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got in the boat over there. Yeah, exactly, always continue buy. Thank you for your time, man, thanks for having me, and I appreciate it. It's right there for a second, right you bet? Deb what's coming on for you? Herd to here first?
Speaker 7: Well, Florida making history today after carrying out the first of two executions. No surprise here. Orlando Airport is among the busiest in the US. But we'll give you the numbers. And an old friend returns on August fifth, Jack, that stories for you. We'll talk about that next during you heard it here first?
Speaker 4: Sure thing.
Speaker 3: Let's take a little break. We'll come back and get dev's news and get the hell out of here on Tuesday. Hey, how's it o'honnah?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 8: Finally glad to see some rain over here today. And I got stuck in the middle of a downpour and loved every second of it.
Speaker 19: Cool off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think people.
Speaker 8: Notice both when you gain and you lose.
Speaker 3: People are more.
Speaker 8: Likely to pay you the compliment though, and tell you, oh, why you look great you lost weight, and to tell you you look fat and uh oh, how you get that good time belly? Anyway?
Speaker 3: Helloha, hello, I brought.
Speaker 4: A good time belly.
Speaker 3: That's about grizzly bearries. Dude, have you seen.
Speaker 17: The video of the grizzly bear walking across the street?
Speaker 3: Look like fifteen feet of tape room hanging out of it? Yes, I guess I'm getting a lot of hair sites from the fish. Yes, fifteen feet of tape for him hanging out of his foot. It's gross. It looks fake. Chuck it if you got it. Yeah, chuck it if you.
Speaker 4: Got it, for sure, I'll look for the bear running up the mountain instead. Thanks.
Speaker 3: I was yeah, just talking to Greg Rossler here from Edgwarfamilywealth dot com. That's Edgeworfamilywealth dot com. Don't forget to get over and take that wealth DNA test. Really amazing stuff and they send you the results. Pretty cool. Get an idea of who you are financially because you may not know a lot of people don't. They're just like, well, I make money, I'll spend it. Somebody save. They don't even know what that means. They don't know what's important to them. And this thing will kind of give you an idea of how you feel about your money and how you spend it, how you save it. And I think it's pretty cool. Yeah.
Speaker 22: Absolutely, a lot of people get widely awakened on that DNA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, it just really I mean, it actually fits exactly Scott. When he read the thing for me, he goes, I'm like, well, what does that mean? He goes, well, you're very cautious, you know, well, you don't like to make big, rash decisions very fast. And I'm like, dude, you nailed it. Matter of fact, it's probably to a fault that I don't make moves like that, because I'm like, you know, just I'm a little scared. Yes, you know.
Speaker 22: So when you have a seminar coming up August fifteenth, Lake Mary, Ruth Chris eleven thirty and that's for four oh one k participants to go check it out.
Speaker 3: Okay, say that one more time.
Speaker 22: Ruth, Chris and Lake Mary on August fifteenth, which is a Saturday. Okay, that's awesome, right because we're figuring we're we're looking at we're targeting four one k people. People are the work right, Yeah, for sure, Saturday eleven thirty. I don't know if it's on the website to RSVP yet, but just keep that in mind. Call the office, but it might be on the office to earn the website to RSVP.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure on that one. I mean obviously if you guys are dealing with your four one k's kind of getting to that point and like I'm at that point right now of when I am going to turn mine over to somebody to manage before I make my move. So like, you know, I know what that time is, so I got to have a pro do it. I don't know really what I'm doing there.
Speaker 22: In the last one was hugely, hugely successful. O very nice people show up, lots of questions.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Really really, I'm guessing this four O one K when it'll be stacked up pretty quick because I mean everybody has great questions about it. Everybody because the tax implications of them, they don't understand. It's way different than an IRA. You've stuff to be taxes where do you pay that? When do you pay that? How do you pay that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: How much? When you see in my four to one case, how much I really get? It's not you know you're you are.
Speaker 22: People who still don't grab the match. You're leaving money on the table an instant game. Yeah, and they because they just don't understand. No one's educating right exactly, And this is what you got to do. So it's August fifteenth, late Mary the ruth Chris there, what time are you going to go? Twelve eleven thirty? Very nice and of course you'll get lunch as well with that. No obligations whatsoever, no hard sell whatsoever. There's nothing to buy. It's just education.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, ver nice always good ten you what do you do to stay then? But I know you work out a lot, You take your care of yourself.
Speaker 22: Stay out of the kitchen. That's my diet really pretty much. Well, No, I exercise, I get a lot, I move around a lot. Really, I don't sit still.
Speaker 3: Well, Greg, how many pepsis a day do you drink? Zero? It's on my nevertheless, never drink a soda, coffee, water. It's been a goodinguady. I gotta tell you I have. I like, do you have an addiction in your life? I mean you can talk about do you have something like TV? We have anything that you like?
Speaker 5: You like?
Speaker 22: You mentioned Tyler on TikTok. I do watch them tiks Okay, dude, I gotta tell you the Pepsi's got me. I mean like it's got me and it's it's very difficult. And that's why you see the zero there. I was like testing it today to see what it was like. And I know how bad that is as well, But for some reason, occasionally during the day I need that fizz.
Speaker 19: Dude.
Speaker 3: I hit my nose.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 22: I walked in into the office. I said, well, Sin Scott's not here and I'm doing a radio I and have his afternoon espresso.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, very nice, do that for sure. All Right, you get see Ayboddy. He's always again. That's Edgeworfamilywealth dot Com. Always love seeing you, buddy. Thanks for having me, you guy.
Speaker 20: Guys.
Speaker 3: Deb let's do you heard it here first?
Speaker 1: Good time for you.
Speaker 4: Heard it here first on the Jim Colbert Show.
Speaker 7: And You Heard It Here First is brought to you by Stellar Knights at Orlando Science Center now through August eighth. You can see the lineup and grab your tickets at osc dot org. Just remember arrive early. Those shows are filling up quickly, early, early, all right. Today, Florida became the first state in nearly a decade and sixty years at least in this state, to carry out two executions in a single day, putting to death an eighty year old man who was the second oldest in May known to receive a lethal injection in modern US history.
Speaker 4: Hours earlier, the state executed.
Speaker 7: A former Mascot police officer convicted of killing an eleven year old girl.
Speaker 4: James al Anthony O Chaconi.
Speaker 7: The octagenarian was pronounced dead at six thirteen this evening at Florida State Prison that's near stark Up in the Panhandled. His execution came nearly five hours after the former police officer, James.
Speaker 4: Duckett, received a lethal dose.
Speaker 7: The lethal injections were the first nearly back to back since Arkansas put two men to death three hours apart in twenty seventeen. You know, there's just some races we shouldn't want to be a part of.
Speaker 3: Ye, all right.
Speaker 7: Anyone knows if you've been to Orlando International Airport, it is a really busy airport. It is actually one of the busiest airports in the United States. MCO welcomed over this many passengers in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Total passengers.
Speaker 4: Total passenger through OIA through Yeah, through Ioia through twenty twenty five, just twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Fifty two million. Oh my, is it too good of a guest. I think that's high. I'm going to go thirty million. On some big weekends they get a million, I would guess eighteen million.
Speaker 7: Okay, points jimmy fifty seven million. Who fifty seven million passengers in twenty twenty five, making it the seventh busiest airport in the country and the twenty fifth busiest in the world. The airport has added new routes to Paris, Munich, and Madrid. It plans to accommodate the increased traffic with new terminals, infrastructure improvements, and additional parking spaces. And I got to say that new terminals c is pretty See.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you, I think we have one of the best airports in the country I've been to. I've been to a number of them, not as many as I know. A lot of people listening have been to, but I think ours holds up quite well against anyone I've been in.
Speaker 4: And then finally, hey, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Could just say you you doo?
Speaker 4: That's for you, Jack.
Speaker 7: The new trailer for season four of ted LASSA was unveiled this morning, Jason Sudakis returning along with Hannah Waitingham, Juno Temple, and Brett Goldstein. The new season will see ted Lasso return to coach a second division women's soccer team. Apple released the trailer, like I said, this morning ahead of the series August fifth release dates.
Speaker 3: Wow, well that's coming up, Yeah, exactly in just a couple of weeks. And you heard it here first on the Jim Colbert Show. An you never appreciate it? Show us who do we have to think?
Speaker 4: Today? We want to thank the fabulous Greg Rossler.
Speaker 7: Will you look at this guy now, just in case you missed his timely Medicare information and there's a lot of it. His podcast has already been posted at The Jim Colbert Show. And then last but never leave, Sam Bowen, Candice Rich and Alicia Bullwaer for running our YouTube chat.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, appreciate that very very much. Jack. Question, oh the day, Yes in our.
Speaker 6: YouTube chat, we asked, I think this might be on Greg Rossler's do not Eat lists?
Speaker 3: Do you like corn dogs? Before anybody answers anything, as we have it, Greg Rossler, can you even remember the last time you or within ten feet of a corn dog? I cannot.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 4: Look at his bicex, Jim, I should tell you everything you need to know.
Speaker 3: You just eat fish off the bone right while it's still living, right right, Just forage for mushrooms and what that sounds about, right, Jack, I will say, what was the question again? Do you like do you like corn dogs?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, I'm just gonna shoot fifty to fifty. I'll go fifty percent, say yes about seventy five percent. That fits our audience. I didn't feel like I can feel edgwaderfamilywealth dot Com. Always make that visit Wealthy and a test. Make an appointment our man, mister Russeller or Scott or Bratch or whomever's over there. They'll take good care of you for sure. Coming up tomorrow we'll have Animal House and Scott Maxwell Animal House.
Speaker 7: We have tomorrow Marshall from Save a Life Pet Rescue, Corey from Core Flooring.
Speaker 3: This is his uh oh, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So she's gonna introduce us to the organization tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You got it, all right, and we'll do that tomorrow for sure. On we half of dev Jack and Greg. I'm Jim. We follow the news, Hucky, they follow the Monster. The morning after us, it's Tommy Daan with a Corporate Time and our friends at Real Laughs. We'll see you tomorrow three for more of the Jim Corporate Show. Until then, have yourself a fantastic Tuesday evening.
Speaker 4: See you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye, god bye.
Speaker 18: Talking about Jack right show.
Speaker 1: If you missed any part of today's show, check out The Jim Colbert Show on demand. Let it feature segments. Listen to The Jim Colbert Show The Goods. Both are available for free on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: A Corporate Time with Tom and Dan is coming up next on Real Radio one oh four point one.
Speaker 4: From the Klosman Law Traffic Center, car crash called Klosmanlaw Klosmanlaw dot Com.
Speaker 9: Traffic stopping Go do tw an accident blocking the left lane southbound on four to twenty nine between US one ninety two and Sinclair wrote, there's a crash on Keen Road at Clarkona Road westbound on I four is going to be stopping. Go from World Drive into champions Gate I four East near Papkavine lind Rub there's a crash off to the shoulder. See traffic troubles called the Valvelene and stan Oil change traffic tip line at eight sixty six six seven six eight four seven seven from the traffic center.
Speaker 3: I'm James Birmingham.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored by blindster dot com.
Speaker 3: Hi, I'm Kyle at blindster dot com.
Speaker 6: Tired of overpriced blinds, Blinster makes custom blind simple at affordable