Speaker 1: Date update. Why are you not getting a call back after you went on a date? We're going to try to find out this morning here on the show. Jason not getting a call back? He's getting ghosted. Is this the first time that this has ever happened to you?
Speaker 2: Yes? Hey, how's it going? I mean I wouldn't say it's the first time I've ever been ghosted, but it's.
Speaker 1: You have been on dates before with girls and then they've not called you back or wanted another date.
Speaker 2: That's probably happened to happen to everyone this. By the way, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother.
Speaker 1: By the way, Oh, thank you man. I appreciate that. Jason, So what do you think is the reason why? Like, do you think that there's anything that you might have done that could have caused problems?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I really can't think of anything. We met at a nightclub and we were vibing, we were getting along, definitely had like really good chemistry, and took her up to dinner, walked around a little bit and haven't seen her since and can't really seem to get her to respond.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, she responded to us, and it was through text and then through Bianca reaching out to her a few times. She was okay with going on the air with us. Her name is Lauren, and Jason say hello to Lauren. Hey, Hey, what's up Lauren? How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing pretty good. I guess how are you?
Speaker 1: Guys? We're doing okay. So what's the what's the story? Why why the and the no call?
Speaker 3: Well, so we met and we had a really good time and everything was going good, and we went up to dinner, and we went to the DA and we're walking around and stuff like that. And but then when we're walking around and there, he's like telling me that this is where he used to go with his ex fiance and that they used to go to the d i A together all the time, and you know, was kind of continuously referencing her, and I'm like, kind of first off, like why are you bringing up your ex? That was really weird for me. I also personally, I just I don't like that he has been engaged before.
Speaker 4: That just really threw me off.
Speaker 5: So I don't know how well you.
Speaker 1: Were you engaged, Jason.
Speaker 2: We split up last year, so.
Speaker 1: It's been a year that And have you been dating a lot since your engage engagement was called off.
Speaker 2: You know, I try to. I try to get out there sometimes work and keep me, you know, busy, But yeah, I mean I'm definitely not you know, it's hard to let it go, I guess sometimes, but I don't, you know, try not to ruminate on it. I think that's really weird though, that you wouldn't that you think it's like it's kind of judgmental just because I had a fiance.
Speaker 3: Would you say you try to not ruminate on it, but like you brought her up several times and can kind of continuously talked about it, but then you didn't necessarily like I didn't want to ask questions and get all into it, so I didn't ask any particular questions about the relationship.
Speaker 1: But like, are you are you a regular go to the d I A kind of guy? Like do you ever go to the dad for those who don't know that Detroit but fantastic place. Are you a guy that like, because here's the thing. You may be a guy that likes to go to the d I A and that's your thing, but to bring up that this was a place that you and your fiance would go to and then to bring her up a couple of times.
Speaker 4: Maybe that was the best place for a date right now, it sounds like that there.
Speaker 3: But then.
Speaker 4: For him, if if it's like a flood of memories of that past relationship, that probably wasn't a good place to start.
Speaker 1: Or it's a great place, just don't bring it up, Like, even if it brings back memories, don't like bring up some people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's what I'm saying, Like, I mean.
Speaker 2: I figured it would be something that we talked about eventually, but you know, you could have just she cheated on me and so I ended it and it's kind of painful. So I think that.
Speaker 5: Just because.
Speaker 6: You bring it up, why did you bring.
Speaker 3: It up if it was painful, because, if anything, it just gave me the ick.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how to respond to that. I mean, it seems like something that would come up eventually.
Speaker 1: So listen, listen when I ruminate. Yeah, by the way, what is ruminated? I've never heard that before. That's amazing. That's at a great use of the vocabulary that you have there, j this is a guy that goes to DA. You can tell I don't go to the DA real quick. But I think that I'm always amazed with dating and second date update, there's a lot of times where people will use like frequently visited places as their places of dates and it will come back and bite them in the ass. And I don't necessarily think that it's really a good thing to Like, maybe it might be good to go on a first date and go to a place that might not be comfortable for both of you, like a new place for both of you, guys, unless it's Applebee's or Buffalo Wild Wings because it's a chain. But don't bring them to the same one you always go to. Jody, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 5: Good morning and your family.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jody.
Speaker 5: I think it's not ready to be dating right now. You don't take a date to somewhere where you're you and your ex used to go.
Speaker 6: To and keep bringing her throughout a date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, find somewhere else to go, and yeah, he's not ready to be dating.
Speaker 1: But you know what, it would have been a good thing, though, Jody, if he'd brought her there and just didn't bring up.
Speaker 4: His yea, yeah, even if that were the case. Internally, he's feeling all the things and his brain is probably going to my limited so he's not going to be his normal, great self. I don't think so well.
Speaker 1: I'm saying it's just from personal experiences. I've brought people to places that I've been before with others and had the ability to separate the past.
Speaker 5: And the break game.
Speaker 4: But it sounds like it's still too fresh for him the fields. I understand going somewhere and making a having to make a new memory, whatever, but for him, he just doesn't sound like he's there yet.
Speaker 1: What's up? Matt, Hey, mo Joe Mornon, Good morning man. What's happening.
Speaker 2: So this has.
Speaker 5: Definitely been a worry about me getting back into.
Speaker 2: The dating scene.
Speaker 5: Eladio ready to detect.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, what was your text?
Speaker 2: What'd you say?
Speaker 5: Well? It was uh a topic of worry for me because I was married for almost fifteen years and just being recently divorced. You know, you have so many memories of going to different places with somebody, not just Applebee's Red Rocks, but you know, you try to make these new memories of Hey, I want to take this person here. Oh why is this significant? Oh I've been here before? Oh really for one occasion? I mean everybody has a person yeah you know, oh, you know I came here with you know, my former spouse or you know that kind of thing. You know, there's no subtle way of bringing you up.
Speaker 1: Where would be your place?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: What's your dia? What would be your place?
Speaker 5: Oh? I'd have to stay a gun range.
Speaker 1: That's actually not a bad place though, to go, you know, go to a gun range, especially if she's into it.
Speaker 5: I can't, I can't recall the guy's name. Sure to bring it up, Jason, was it probably bad Chase to bring it up. Maybe, but it's also on her to accept that as bad tastes or not, or you know, just forget about it and move along with the date.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, Like I said, everybody's everybody's got a past. It didn't feel like it was I don't know. It didn't feel like it was too much for me. I don't know. It feels like a judgmental.
Speaker 1: Matt get out in the dating world, buddy, you deserve it. Fifteen years of marriage, that was wonderful, that was part of your your store. Now now the next part of your story is going to be fabulous.
Speaker 5: Okay from what I from what I hear about the dating world recently, I'm better off climbing on the story.
Speaker 1: Okay, you may be right. Hold on, Denise, what's up? Denise?
Speaker 5: All right? Hey, first time, long time it's Lady Bitch Girls from the Saturday.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 2: I disagree.
Speaker 3: I think he can bring it up.
Speaker 6: I think that people cannot.
Speaker 5: Wipe out their memories of their past, the norse should they have to. You know, it's part of their life and it's good memories. So why do you want to You know, if you're mature enough, you can handle it.
Speaker 4: You can handle it in a relationship or even on a date.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I do agree with you. I do agree with you. I think maybe on a first date it might have been a lot for her and all. So she had just found out that he had been engaged too, you know, so I think it was just kind of the cherry on top of that piece of information too.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: It goes back to how secure are you with yourself?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, if you're constantly bringing it up, then it sounds to me like he may not be ready. If you're somebody that brings it up and the person says I just don't even want you talking about the fact that you were engaged, I think that you may not be ready. But Caitlin, last call, what's up, Hey, Modro, i'ma going It's okay, Caitlyn. I feel like this second date update is just okay, not because of any reason of the content that has taken place. I want my music bad back, but go ahead, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Honestly, I think she's being very like cynical and judgmental about his situation. He's like, yeah, he shouldn't have said anything, that's bottom line, but honest and all to see she from the words that she how she broke down, what happened, and things like that, I.
Speaker 5: Think you dodge a bullet.
Speaker 6: On this one. She doesn't seem like she's very sympathetic to him or doesn't seem to like him, because if you like somebody, you would you would kind of look try to ease up on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you look past it. And she just definitely did.
Speaker 6: Not do that in the situation.
Speaker 1: Kaitlin. When he brought up the word or the phrase, I don't know what it would be ruminate, because I don't even know if ruminate is.
Speaker 4: A really ruminating.
Speaker 1: It is a word. It is a word that when you brought that up, honestly, did it turn you on don't know.
Speaker 5: Who are you talking to?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Caitlyn, when he brought that up during a second date update, did it make you think Lauren should go on another date with him?
Speaker 2: That was a great.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Anybody that uses big adult words.
Speaker 4: Like that, I'm telling you, I guarantee at some point this week just going to use it again.
Speaker 5: And you want to You're smart.
Speaker 1: Everybody watch out for Jason. If you would like to be my uh, I don't know, hooked up fonts. I was trying to think of your lexicon. If you would like, if you would like to be my linguist to teach me words, I'll take you out to the d I a my friend.
Speaker 2: I'll do everything. I'll do anything I can to help.
Speaker 1: You know, thank thank you for that. I appreciate it. Good luck, guys, thanks for thanks for joining us. And Jason good you know things are out there for you, buddy,