Speaker 1: Borrow is back and he plays here on ESPN fifteen thirty, the official home of the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 2: Six twenty one on seven hundred WLW at ESPN fifteen thirty. Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon, Round Table Show, Long Necks and hebron brought to you in Park by Hawksworth Blood Centers, Hawksworth Donors, Saved Lives Close to Home.
Speaker 3: Who Will You Save?
Speaker 2: Rocker opening segment talking about Joe Burrow is the hot topic of the week around the NFL. Brought to you by Hudson Oil Fueling Champions, Fueling champions on and off the field, Hudson Oil. Let's keep the hot topic conversation going with our next guest, who's been all over it this week. He covers the Bengals for clnscincywithy dot Com, host of the Jungle Roar podcast on YouTube. He's the man they call Trags, Mike Petrallion Trags. In the first segment, we played the exchange in your question to Joe yesterday was a it was a money question. It was a money recent bonds and how Joe Burrow answered your question about what he would say to others is exactly what you want from the face of your franchise, isn't it?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 4: And I just think that's his way of showing leadership. And he knows that there is something left to prove in this season. Whether or not you think the Bengals are capable of running off six straight wins and staying relevant in.
Speaker 3: The AFC North race is not the issue to him. The issue is.
Speaker 4: I've got to play each and every game.
Speaker 3: I think we have a chance to win a game, and that.
Speaker 4: Is what I'm getting paid a lot of money to do. And he's not obtuse. He's not oblivious to the role that he serves.
Speaker 3: On the team, in the franchise.
Speaker 4: He is totally aware that he's a historic figure in the Bengals.
Speaker 3: History already just based.
Speaker 4: On a fifty five million dollar annual contract. So he knows that there's an obligation to go out and play when he can play fully healthy, and he believes, for all intents and purposes, he is with the toe heeled.
Speaker 3: He needs to go out.
Speaker 4: And lead the team to a win, a win they desperately need. They've lost four straight, eight of nine. All nine of those games came without Joe Burrow as starting quarterback.
Speaker 3: You want some good news.
Speaker 4: The Bengals guys are on a The Bengals are on a seven game winning streak with Burrow as the starting quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 5: Well we'll play to that, So tryon. I've been saying all week, I'm fine with Joe Burrow playing as long as there's no restrictions on him. You know, like, well, we got to cut this from the playbook and we don't want him to roll out. What's your indication is that going to be the case? That is going to be full on Joe Burrow, no restrictions.
Speaker 3: So that's a great question, Rocky.
Speaker 4: And the only bit of trepidation I had yesterday during the Borough news conference was when he was asked that very question. He's like, well, we'll see, and I'm like, okay, Well, that to me is not a great sign because maybe he tries to do I think what he's saying there is he knows he needs to get rid of the ball faster, and maybe that alters the way he plays the game a little bit, and maybe that it is his tip of the cap that I can't sit back in the pocket and continue to take hits like I did when I got injured against Jacksonville. That can't happen anymore. So maybe that's what he's saying. But I do believe that he feels one hundred percent healthy. The only soreness he had last week after the two full practices on Wednesday and Thursday. And he told me this when I asked him, was.
Speaker 3: General body soreness. Well, you would expect.
Speaker 4: That when you haven't had full NFL practice in the.
Speaker 3: Middle of the week in ten weeks, that's going to happen.
Speaker 4: And certainly I think he could have played, no question on Sunday against the Patriots. But Zach Taylor read that differently. He was like, well, if he's still sore, I don't want him on the field. And that's where I think there is some legitimate criticism of the decision that Bengals made not to play him, because had Burrow played that game last week, I do think, and I know many have argued, they could have won that game. And then you're talking about a team that is coming into Baltimore four and seven.
Speaker 3: Not three and eight.
Speaker 2: Trag's you're around this group, you talked with him this week. Is it is it fair to say there is a different vibe. Is there a collective bounce of the step of this locker room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no question there's a different vibe, and the guys, especially the players, can feel it. I know certainly. Chase Brown made reference to that early in the week on Monday. He said, Look, when Joe's in the room, we all know we've got a chance. He has a certain expectation of us to go out and perform, and we usually respond to that expectation. Jamar Chase has always said that, and I think there's an expectation throughout the building that this team is going to go out and play to a different level on Thursday night Tomorrow night. I will also add this before I forget, let's not forget about the improvement of the defense over the last two weeks. They allowed twenty points to the Steelers and they allowed nineteen points to the Patriots. Those are not bad numbers, especially to the Patriots, and when you take a look at the way the Ravens have been playing offensively lately, it ain't great and Lamar Jackson is not putting up the numbers that he has in years past. If the defense can continue its momentum, continue to play like it has shown over the last couple of weeks. The Bengals definitely have a fighters chance tomorrow night.
Speaker 5: So me, let's elaborate on the defense, because I agree they have been better or certainly last week in your conversations with the team. What do you attribute that to? Is that an under better understanding of the of the scheme by some guys like Barrett Carter had sixteen tackles last week? Is that more of a will of one to two and guys frankly getting pissed off and getting tired of people making fun of them for not being tough and tackling or is it just an experienced level?
Speaker 4: Is it it's more of the latter, Rocky, I think it's guys finally saying enough is enough. But what leads to that, well, just saying screw it and going out on the field and playing faster. And several guys, including Chris Jenkins Junior, told me that the team is playing with a lot more aggressiveness and speed and not worrying about, you know, where their exact position.
Speaker 3: Is along the defensive line.
Speaker 4: They're just saying I'm gonna take my spot and bull rush forward. I'm not gonna worry about anything else except playing my position, my responsibility, and you know, it's kind of a different take on do your job, but that's what the Bengals defense has been doing it certainly along the defensive line, and I think those two defensive stops they got in the red zone last week against the Patriots are critical to the.
Speaker 3: Confidence of the unit.
Speaker 4: I think they know that they can stop a very high powered and very capable Patriots offense from scoring one touchdown in nine tries inside the ten yard line and then hold them to a field goal inside the two yard line in another key situation in the fourth quarter. That can only give them confidence going forward.
Speaker 2: Tregs, you continue pumping out the tremendous contents. For those who want to read, watch and follow, how do.
Speaker 3: They do that?
Speaker 4: They can easily do that, and they can read my preview which is going to be up in about a half on CLF Sincy with a y dot com. You can follow all of my locker room interviews and news and notes on my xpeed that's at Trags t r ags, and you can as always follow my content and my Jungle War Bengals postgame pod that I do with Richard Skinner Skinny of Local twelve and Local twelve dot com. That's on my YouTube page YouTube dot com slash at Jungle War Pod.
Speaker 2: We really appreciate you making this happen tonight and Happy Thanksgiving guys.
Speaker 4: Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Both of you. Take care, Thanks, thanks, your best.
Speaker 2: Thanks Mike Patralia checking in talking fingals tonight. All right, hang tight, we're gonna make a breakaway on seven hundred WLW. It will be handed off to Dan and Terry. That'll set up UC basketball. We continue on on ESPN fifteen thirty until eight o'clock tonight. We'll talk Bearcats football and get a basketball note in from Chad Brendle, who's on the scene before the UC basketball game tonight. He joins us after this. It's the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show, Long Necks in Hebron presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW