Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and on demand on the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind, hosted.
Speaker 1: By Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at and the voice of the Bolts, not money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 2: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Make us your.
Speaker 1: Top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: I Don't Crack. He's the under pressure every damn night, excellent on the telephone, can't do it, selling football, Let's Warriors Big get his weeks of you the missic. The mission of the press is to spread culture while destroying the attention span. Yes, bingo, gong me.
Speaker 3: You Expetros and Money Am five to seventy Sports Live everywhere on the Iheard Radio app. That's right. Download the app. That's free. Subscribe to the Petro Some Money Show podcast.
Speaker 2: That is free.
Speaker 3: That means you can listen to anything you missed anytime anywhere, past shows, interviews, individual hours, and of course you can stream the show as well live and in the moment anywhere in the world again through the iHeartRadio app, which is free. We got Dodgers Marlins coming up. Dodgers on deck in an hour. First pitch from the gallpin Ford Broadcast booth at seven. So Game two, big dramatic come from behind victory last night in the bottom of the ninth inning, Otani on the mound tonight.
Speaker 2: Ah always intrigue early in the week, in late in the week at Dodger Stadium, and right now it's time for the final hour fun fact.
Speaker 3: In effect, it's the Yeah We're three fun facts.
Speaker 2: Fun Facts brought to you by the Masters in Coaching program at Concordia Universe. Ervine transform your ports program, your career and get to the next level with Concordia University. Sign up for the summer term that starts on May eighteenth, going to suy dot edu slash coaching and get one thousand dollars off tuition.
Speaker 3: It's a National Blueberry Pie Day. I love pie. Anytime we can celebrate pie, I like to take an opportunity to celebrate pie, so we're going to do it here in the final hour. Fun fact. Did you know there are only six official state pies Vermont kicked it off in nineteen ninety nine with the apple Pie. Two thousand and six, Florida key Lin nine, Delaware peach f you, Georgia eleven, Maine got blueberry, thirteen, Texas pecan or Peacan, however you prefer to pronounce pecan pie. And in twenty sixteen, the latest installment was done by Illinois as they snatched up pumpkin. So here's here's why I bring it up P one because I like pie.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 3: We have been recognized officially by the cities of Cerritos and Irvine. We have shared our radio time with countless city council people, mayors, oc supervisors. You hobknob with the mayor and spoke to the City of Long Beach dignitaries that the port the port I was hand delivered an award by an at the time state Senator Janet and Wyn. We got connections, we know people, we got pulling this. You were the surfer of the month, Matts, exactly right. I mean you didn't want to say that. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I mean you were the surfer of the month.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did. I do have a declaration a surfer of distinction.
Speaker 2: Put it on the wall. Yeah, pose by it. Okay, I'll leave my football stuff at home.
Speaker 3: Let's make this happen. Let's I mean this, Let's really do this, Kates, Let's make the push. I looked up our legislators. All right, let's make boison Berry the official state pie of California. It's our berry. The impact of knots Berry Farm on our community. Tony Strickland is the thirty six Senatorial District State Senator. Assembly Woman Sharon cork Silva is the assembly person.
Speaker 2: Of support from the Boyson family, the not family, and probably the people that went.
Speaker 3: Apart, right, Like, this is easy for us. This is a cause that we should get behind. There is one of the reasons. Poisonberry pie the pie of the California, California, the California state pie pie. Right. Not every state has a state pie, but enough.
Speaker 2: Have the Arizona State pie. Because Revenge of the Nurse was shot at Arizona State is just that naked chick. That's my pie.
Speaker 3: Right, Let's make this happen.
Speaker 2: I mean it feels like a good idea, but I don't really see where it gets us anywhere.
Speaker 3: Like we're responsible for a state pod.
Speaker 2: I mean, where does the Surfer of the month really get you at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. Let's let's lean on it.
Speaker 2: Man. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man, you got connections at the Long Beach Port and you have a relationship with the mayor of Long Beach.
Speaker 2: They got nothing. Come on, Long Beach has nothing to do with Buena Park. No, but I'm running for reelection. What is your platform? I'm the one. They've got them.
Speaker 3: They got the Boys, and you know, Walter Not was.
Speaker 2: Kind of a I mean, not not nefarious, but he was undercover. I mean the boys and farm had fallen into disrepair, and Walter Not crept onto the farm and and got some clippings and ate his own boys. And Mary's so kind of an interesting situation made it relevant.
Speaker 3: He did, you know we got the bear on the flag, the California poppies, the state flower. Let's go with a state pie, boys and Mary uniquely Californian.
Speaker 2: I know the two state songs for Colorado.
Speaker 3: That's what I read.
Speaker 2: It's time for quick hits. Everybody somedms quick hits. I'll make it quick, y'all. Oh yeah, Kate's left. He's going to go visit the Burbank assembly. There we go. You sent him, make it happen. Kate's Dodgers are twenty and nine. They're at home tonight, first pitch at sevent ten. O Taani on the mound, not hitting tonight, nut hitting second time this season. He will not not do both. Hey, how about those Phillies nine and nineteen, off to their worst start of the season in over two decades. They fired Rob Thompson today and he was replaced by our old friend Don Mattingley, who will serve as interim manager for the rest of the season. Mattingly's son, Preston is the Phillies. GM. You thought that lebron Ronnie Ali hoop was something. How about this, it's reverse nepotism. I'm gonna bring in my home man. Well, he did try to hire Alex Cora, and Alex Cora said no, and then he said Dad, Alex said no, it's.
Speaker 3: All right, son, I guess I'll do it fine, but you're gonna have to pay me full salary. Now, this is in some BS bench coach interim number.
Speaker 2: Full vote, Matt. The Lakers don't play again until tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that certainly benefited them.
Speaker 2: Austin. Yeah, I wonder who made that schedule.
Speaker 3: They got three days off in between and guess what up three to one. That has given them enough time to get Austin reeveese right. He is going to play. Been out just about a month with that great two oblique strain. Luca's still not ready, but they now have the Oklahoma City Thunder who swept the Phoenix Suns waiting for them. They'd probably like to get this done sooner than later, or maybe not. Maybe maybe drag it out to a game six and see whether or not, or a game seven. Probably not.
Speaker 2: Oh, drag it all the way out. See what now, you guys are fine, you're in control in.
Speaker 3: Order to get Luca beck Yes, Tim, do you really want to drag it out when you only have one day between the next game six?
Speaker 2: And drag it out? Drag it out? Noah, you're right enough time. Oh no, drag it out, drag it.
Speaker 3: Out, finish him off. Austin Reeves is back, and man, they're going to take down the Thunder. Just you watch.
Speaker 2: I believe i'd be forced to.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Former NBA player and assistant coach Damon Jones became the first person to plead and friend of lebron a full fol.
Speaker 3: Oh in a high fashion NBA or.
Speaker 2: Tuesday, in a gambling sweep that led to the arrest of more than thirty people, including reputed mobsters and other basketball figures. He entered a guilty plea to a single kind of conspiracy commit wire fraud. Reading a prepared statement to the court, Damon Jones acknowledged that he conspired with others to the fraud sports betting companies by using insider information that I obtained as a result of my relationships as a former player. For sure. How far would you have to go to trace it to? Not very far? But is anybody going no? We damn it?
Speaker 3: Take the fall. I'm worth a billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it? You got it? Boss?
Speaker 3: You and them reputed mobsters? We do? Are they mobsters? Not only are they mobsters, they are reputed mobsters.
Speaker 2: Yes, and some of them might even be Russian. Boston Magazine Today came out with the top one hundred and fifty most influential people in Boston, Okay, and number one on their list was Drake May. Boston Magazine is gay for men.
Speaker 3: It makes sense. I mean Drake Mays quarterback and went to the Super Bowl good looking young man.
Speaker 2: And the old salami smuggler Mike Rabel, whoa no mentioning the magazine of Rabel serving up that puzzo in Sedona, Arizona, in one of those.
Speaker 3: Vor Texas, in a Vegas casino and a Tribeca bar. Did you see the did you see the thing from Robert Griffin the third today? Oh, this ain't gonna get no attention.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's getting a lot of attention. Sure, if you've been been watching here, you're worried about Megan v Stallion? About why ain't y'all worried about this?
Speaker 3: If this seems that, are.
Speaker 2: You saying that we're reverse racist?
Speaker 3: Cosiderably more attention than the Megan the Stallion or this little cheating. It seems like this one. I don't know if you saw the the pictures of him just shopping for a baby blue sweatsuit in Salt Lake City Airport so they could further the story.
Speaker 2: Apology gift coming up at seven, Game five at Edmonton, the Ducks and the Arlers. Ducks are up three to one with a chance to close out the series tonight, but it's not gonna be easy with all those Canadians all those Canucks. They might not like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think uh Connor McDavid beat up might not go. Don't know if that's been made game time, game time decision, but boy oh boy, I can only hope that our new boss has the same vision as our old boss and we get sent down to an empty lot.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it makes sense. Once they make a run to get down there, we might have to be edging out the fan or the beast or something for that exactly.
Speaker 3: The fan might get down beat us to it. We don't want to give them any in.
Speaker 2: Elijah Renas is standing s. See that's good for our guy, the Musclow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did the whole put my name in. Ask some folks. See what they say, and they said go back. So you got the nil era helping that cause where you make a bunch of money. Only seventy one players enter the twenty twenty six NBA Draft for the NBA. That is down from one hundred and six last year, and in twenty twenty one it was three hundred and sixty three. It is the lowest early entrant total since two thousand and three. College basketball stars are staying in school, and I mean we just saw it last week with the NFL. I mean, why are these players all over the place because small school guys are now going to power four schools, so there's a much better evaluation and you're not reaching for those dudes in certain rounds.
Speaker 2: And hey guys, hey guys, I think we screwed up this Simpson thing. We got to push somebody out there to talk them up.
Speaker 3: Elijah Ran now college basketball, the NBA draft, I should say the latest to you'd probably say benefit you end up getting more information and more of an evaluation on these guys.
Speaker 2: Well, they've let them, they've let them declare and then go back for a while. But absolutely right now there's really something to go back to above the table.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: The IFAB International Football Association Board today announced that the upcoming World Cup players who cover their mouths when confronting an opponent will be sent off the field with a red card at the discretion of a competition organizer. Any player covering their mouth in a confrontational situation when an opponent may be sanctioned with a red card. So you can't cover your mouth, yeah, I guess, I guess you just have to say it with your face, stand up and say it with your chest.
Speaker 3: Let's just get back to biting your hand as an insult or skin in your chin.
Speaker 2: Let's get back to that bite my thumb at you, that kind of thing exactly. Well, good luck to all the competitors involved with international soccer, and we'll be back with more Petroussed buddy, the top story of the day. Matt wants to talk more football, and that's what we're gonna do. This is petros and Money to man demand. Thanks for listening, everybody. It's Petrosen Money on AM five seventy La Sparts. We got Dead and Alive coming up on this too at mono Tuesday, and then we'll get Dodgers Marlin, so you can enjoy that. And don't forget tomorrow there will be an early game twelve ten first pitch, so Matt and I will be off after all the Dodger programming. And don't forget to podcast the show and stream it live on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone AMFM. It doesn't matter, man, it's all bs. All that matters is that you could stream it on the app. It's hard enough just to be yourself. Kill the beast, cools nerds your side my side. It's all bully. It's just tough enough to be yourself hard to be yourself when your cousin's riding everything, I mean everything. We take a little help here and there. That's right time for the top story of.
Speaker 3: The you know, not to not to pat ourselves on the back, but to pat ourselves on the back. Uh. We were all over this on Friday, and these guys they just can't they can't keep it simple. Man, So many folks were doing the man. Sean McVay has pissed. They took a QB. He's so pissed.
Speaker 2: Look at him.
Speaker 3: He wants to win a Super Bowl and he's gonna retire. And Less really fed him on this one. And because we're here in La, because we've lived through it since they.
Speaker 2: Returned, even Hanstein said he fell for it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, sometimes you're so inside the circle you can't see. You can't see, you can't see the forest with the trees coaching so mad. We have seen how the rams have operated on a day to day basis under the guide of Kevin dem Off, and it's just trying so hard to do things that don't need to be that hard. There is so much cringe attached to it, so much unneeded effort put into things that don't need anything. It's just it's simple.
Speaker 2: It's not hard.
Speaker 3: It's a draft pick. It's not a big deal. And look, I get it. They're good. The Rams are really freaking good. They have won a Super Bowl. They are Super Bowl favorites going into seasons nearly every single year. They made the NFC Championship Game last year, had a chance to win that game in the final five minutes. You got You know, they're good. They're really good on the football field, which is why it's so crazy that they just can't rest on that. Like we go back a decade to we did I think we did two days on the uniform redesign. They got MS and all the sports.
Speaker 2: When you dress them up in like a white dingy Beastie Boys intergalactic planetary jumpsuit and stuck with that uniform for however long, I mean, that's unfortunate.
Speaker 3: I mean the original RAM uniforms helmet typically sided at worst at worst as top five in the league. Ever since, the Colorado State gets no run for their Ram. They're great colors, and that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Pe On White you know from back on the La Rams day the Blue Price, we.
Speaker 3: Were great, and then they go and then they went to what blue and gold. You know what the Rams call it now, roy Allen Soul, Royal and Soul Soul. Yes for the sun because of the Mexicans. Uh, they launched, as you mentioned, bone not white. We're gonna call it bone because we're bad to the bone. And then everyone pointed out it looked like dirty laundry.
Speaker 2: It wasn't white. No, it was white after many washes with everybody else's clothes of the family.
Speaker 3: They ran a gradient on their numbers because they said it mimicked the iconic California on set, and then in the video they shared how they used a Fibonacci sequence to come up with it.
Speaker 2: I remember this, Yeah, he talked a lot about this. Yes, and they ditched the patch. And then you don't need to try that hard to sell it. No, Well, you ain't gonna lie to kick it, as they say.
Speaker 3: Just do what they did in nineteen eighty six and you'll have one of the three best uniforms in football. It was so easy. And then they could not help themselves with the Hollywood thing. Last year's schedule a release featuring social media superstar Brenda song. It was so awkward and fell so flat. No different than the rebel Wilson Rams house.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'll sit here and listen to you criticize a lot of people, but that deflated lesbian Australian comedian. When I see her awkward smile, I think of one thing, the Rams professional football and excellence and the glitz and glamour of Hollywood I don't remember, and them coming together. I don't remember if you were calling that game.
Speaker 3: I like him with Keenan Thompson and the Jonas Brother with Jordan Peel and I did one with keen right. It was Keenan Thompson and the Jonas Brother.
Speaker 2: And they came out and did like a kicking skit that would that fell very flat. It's terrible between quarters.
Speaker 3: Just bring out the USC band and let him play. How about just five minutes? Don't do anything? Yeah, don't do that. Like Less Snead, he's not a good he's a great GM. He drafts his ass off. He's been great in free agency. Yes there's misses, but that's every team you're going to miss. But he's drafted Jared Verse and Braden Fisk and Kobe Turner and Byron Young and Oby Lah and Puka and Kyron Williams. In the fifth they draft really really well, they trade really well. Matt Stafford for two ones and Jared Goff home run. He's the MVP of the league. They won a Super Bowl. You don't need to make a T shirt and wear it and continue to push It's like FM picks man, it wasn't that clever. It didn't stick. Nobody bought the T shirt. Just push it aside. And the sound you played of him the other day, that's not less sneed. He is not the ecosystem, equity and efficacy guy.
Speaker 2: Just say it.
Speaker 3: Don't say ecosystems, say our team.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows about the three e's of organization, Matt, echopacy, ecosystem and efficacy.
Speaker 3: And he's performing at a high level. How about you say that less equity, he's earning playing time. Is that that hard? Just say those three things our team instead of ecosystems Matt.
Speaker 2: You know, football people like to use fancy words.
Speaker 3: And now this is the latest and we had it. These guys are just playing some stupid game that doesn't need to be played. Less drafted ty Simpson because Sean mc liked him and Less liked him, and it worked out because Less likes his dad and knows his dad. And McVeigh was fine with Ty Simpson because he fits into the box that Kyle Shanahan likes. With the mac Jones and the brock parties, they reached for it. They kind of blew it a little bit because there was a ton of pushback. They weren't being celebrated like the Packers are for taking Aaron Rodgers when they got Brett Farv or Jordan Love when they got Aaron Rodgers and how all that goes. Now you got Ty Simpson sharing, What a charade all of it was. What a hot load of hot, steaming crap Poudy McVeigh was and his little presser performance here he is on ESPN's Ian and Amber spilling the tea.
Speaker 2: No, it was great.
Speaker 4: You know, we met at the facility and it was something to where, you know, we just talked for hours, talking about hours, and it was just football, was his straight football, and it was like a kid in the candy store. You know, we're me and him are sitting there and you know we're just going back and forth, just you know we we can you can tell the obsession he has for the game, and you can tell the uh, you know, the love he has for quarterback play. It's something that you know, I appreciate and it's something that I enjoyed because you know, I really, I really, you know, and enjoyed playing the position and value the position. So you know, being with him and then getting to know him and then just you know, seeing a little bit of you know, how I would get coached if I was, you know, fortunate enough to go. There was something that you know, I couldn't have asked for, you know, a better situation.
Speaker 3: Met with Sean McVeigh for hours. It went well. They told me not to share it, that they wanted to keep it secret so as not to raise a flag to others that the Rams wanted to coach this kid up and maybe they wouldn't be able to after him. And that's the press conference we got, and that's the damage control that we got from Sean McVay the next day about Matthew Stafford's feelings and he just dug the hole deeper and he's twisting something that didn't need to be done. And then on top of all that, they got to get their lackeys to freaking carry their water because of all the blowback, and you get a ten minute segment about how brilliant they are. And the first five minutes of this clip I'm about to play are Peter Schreger talking about how genius Sean McVay is and what a magician less sneat is. I can't even tolerate that. And then you got dan Or Lofsk.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, and I want to hear five minutes of Shreger, but I need it to where it looks like his face is one inch from mine.
Speaker 3: Yes, and then following that up so as not to let him have the upper hand in the McVeigh sneed relationship. And far be it from me to push back on dan Orlovsky and any sort of football analysis. So I know it's stupid of me to even to try.
Speaker 2: Oh come on, Matt, it has to top you before. This is just too much. Everyone who's saying the Rams should have taken wide receiver, Okay, the average rookie wide receiver right now over the last ten years in the first round comes in gives you fifty two catches.
Speaker 1: And four touchdowns.
Speaker 2: If you think the Rams are fifty.
Speaker 1: Two catches and four touchdowns away from a wide receiver from going to the Super Bowl and winning it.
Speaker 2: You're out of your mind.
Speaker 3: It is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard somebody in football utter to say that you're out of your mind. To collect the average statistics from receivers in their rookie season over ten years, it felt a bit like a reach, not accounting for something you always talk about, not dan you pee circumstance. You are a rookie receiver that is being drafted to Sean McVay calling plays in the MVP of the league, Matthew staffor throwing footballs with attention being paid to freaking Puka Nakua, the offensive player of the year, on one side of the field or the same side of the field as you. That is the situation that you're being drafted into. And also, in order to get to fifty two catches and four touchdowns, there's probably gonna be a lot of players that have found fortunate circumstances that are performed that have performed well above those numbers, like I don't know, Luther Burden last year, who was the best receiver on a Bears team, that hadn't won a playoff game in a decade and found themselves a lazy route away from making it to the NFC Championship because of a rookie receiver. What Jamar Chase did his rookie year with Joe Burrow, because he's in a great circumstance, and even beyond that, just the idea that you're trying to win a Super Bowl and the one player you did draft, not only is he not giving you fifty two catches and four touchdowns if everything goes right, he's giving you zero. It is a complete zero is what his contribution will be. So fifty two and four is going to do a heliba.
Speaker 2: These are the same guys that drafted Puka Nakua and I think he had one hundred and five catches his rookie.
Speaker 3: There you go, exactly. So that's sort of the perfect example p one hundred plus catches his rookie year to this circumstance, to this organization.
Speaker 2: I mean, it just seems like it's somebody trying to find a stat to support their argument exactly. But what I would say, Matt, and I don't know if this screws up the story or not. And I don't know, but I no one else was going to draft that guy. There who cares? Like, why did they go through all this?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 2: And that's that's like, no matter what Orlovsky said the last two months on TV, the only team that was going to draft this guy in the first round, not to say he's not going to be good or anything, but the only team that was going to draft him was the freaking Rams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they did, and they panicked and took him at thirteen for whatever reason. It just said all you have to do is go into that presser, be excited and say, you know what, we love him, we think he's going to be We we want Matt to play forever, but in case he can't, we think this guy is going to be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can be like you can be like Hurley and you Khan. You can be like Danny Hurley and say, hey, I've won championships, won three champions I've been to three Final four. I mean he and he says I have equity. McVeigh has plenty of equity. So to Sneed, why why the whole right? Why the charade?
Speaker 3: And that's why Lesneed had to go on freaking McAfee's show for a half hour today and I'm not going to play any of that because it's intolerable. I just feel so bad that, you know, Ty had to go through the charade and play the game and and a lot of people, and you know, that just kind of hurts me.
Speaker 2: And shut up. Why'd you do it? Then?
Speaker 3: Just just freaking draft the guy? So what big deal? People say it's a stupid pick and you reach for him, say, yeah, we reached for him, but you know what, we like him, And it's you're out of your mind.
Speaker 2: You're out of your mind. I'm get out of your mind. You're out of your mind, Get out of your mind.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was a real total one out of your mind. I'm gonna I'm gonna do the McVeigh loves him. This is a mcvaye decision. What are you gonna do? I'm gonna do the Ty Simpson. And you know, the long term is so much more important than the short term impact of a Super Bowl. Yeah, never mind that the arguably the most important player on the offensive line of the Seahawks was Gray's Abel, a rookie, and the most important player on defense was em and Ory, the safety a rookie and they won the freaking Super Bowl. Yeah, rookies don't make impacts at all. It's just what's what's the point of even putting them on the field.
Speaker 2: Listen, Matt, I think you underestimate the need and the desperation and the absolute obsession with washing mcvay's balls these guys have. Yeah, so they'll twist themselves into multiple pretzels to make it work.
Speaker 3: You know, we just we wanted to keep it between us. You know, it's gamesmanship, it's part of it. The exact is he stayed on script. Poor guy stayed on script. Felt really bad for ty?
Speaker 5: Shut up?
Speaker 3: God damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Just draft an edge guy, a well spoken edge guy from Miriam. That's what you do. You mind, We'll be right back with your dad and a live guy birth the other day. Get out of your mind. Sho Hey, Toni choe Hey is pitching tonight? Who's gonna play short stop that song?
Speaker 1: Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 2: On demand. We never give up. We're always there fighting for freedom, over Landing Air, The Petrosen Money Show, Big Old Dodgers, Marlin Tonight Night, Let's play ball. It's game day, strike out, base hit, double play. It's happening tonight and we're all looking forward to it. We will be back on tomorrow, but it'll be a late show because the Dodgers start early, so they will play twice before Matt and I touched the road again. And Dodgers on Deck starts at eleven o'clock, first pitch at twelve ten, and then Matt and I will be on after Dodger Talk and Dodger Clubhouse, not in that order that has been scheduled. All right, from smalltown New York. You're dead guy, Birthday of the day. Here. Let's hear her little intro on the video so we can hear her very very unique voice.
Speaker 5: My name is Blossom Deary. This is my second trip to Paris. The first time I came over here, I worked with Jack. We did a television show and a few radio shows. And this time I'm working at a charming little club called Le Catavon, and I hope that you all come to him.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 2: Blossom Dearie, a great jazz singer and beautiful soul of cafe culture in what Matt loves to refer to as the Big Time. They named her Blossom because while I was her middle name, because the day she was born, a neighbor brought a bunch of peach blossoms over as a gift. I was exposed to this type of music through my father's restaurant and various cassette tapes that were on a rack next to the cash register in the back. Anyway, Blossom was Scotch Irish. After high school, she moved to Manhattan to pursue a music career and was known as you can hear for her light, airy, girlish voice, full of personality. Started singing for big bands like Woody Herman. In the nearly fifties, she moved to Paris, joining a French band called the Blue Stars, and that kind of evolved into the Swingle Sisters. Oh yeah, the Swingle Sisters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Swingle Sisters. You're my kind of lady.
Speaker 2: Oh right. You know a lot of famous people are really into swingling and people don't know about put.
Speaker 3: A pineapple on my front.
Speaker 2: There. There's all kinds of different websites. Let's go, And I think it was just in reference to the you know type of music, but you ever know, are you talking about the Venice Duos?
Speaker 3: Right, MSUs Robin put a pineapple on her door.
Speaker 2: Well, she got tired of swinging Matt and as she went solo. Her first solo album came out and it was just a lot like Nina Simone. She would just played piano on it. It was instrumental. And in the late fifties she came back from France and signed with Verve in New York and did six solo records and that's basically the foundation of her fame. In the sixties, they put her on The Today Show a couple times because all the anchors would go watch her at the Carlyle in places like that, and she did a very popular Hires root beer commercial in the sixties as well, ooh good root beer. Yeah you don't tear line you hear about dads. No. By the seventies she was a New York cafe and cabaret staple. She worked for a schoolhouse Rock probably recognized her voice from some of that, and she started her own label where she was the only talent. Daffodil Records, considered a musician's musicians. She collaborated with twentieth centuries greatest people Johnny Mercer, Miles Davis, and Yes Matt even Lyle love it. She was only married once. Yeah, come on, she was only married once for three years to a Belgian floutist and they divorced. She died in Greenwich Village and her sleep in eighty four.
Speaker 3: Who are you married to a Belgian?
Speaker 2: A Belgian floutest? You don't say, hey, Matt. He also played sac She died in two thousand and nine. She would have been one hundred and one years old today. Blossom Dearie a great artist to look up, very very wonderful mood music. If you want to have a you know, a house that feels like you're in a small Paris cafe. And that's what we're all about the Pettersen Money Show. We're not into swingling, Matt, No, okay, We're just into sisters that did the ball on my coffee table. Has never held various car keys for nefarious purpose.
Speaker 3: You're a live guy, talk about carving out a niche or a niche. Happy seventy first to Edward Jobson, Keys and violinist, Mercenary for hire, Studio musician stud prog Rock Royalty and it's British News.
Speaker 2: Time for PMS, British News, United Kingdom English News. It's time for British news. Cheerio's up straight gets out.
Speaker 3: Eddie Jobson born in Billingham, stuck in tees, got onto the piano at seven, added violin when he was eight, Classically trained, earned a diploma of Distinction from the Royal Academy of Music when he was nine, one of these child prodigies. By twelve, he was playing in the local orchestra. At sixteen, he applied to study at university the Royal Academy, but was denied a spot for being too young, so he joined the band called Fat Grapple now Fat Now this is a trend with our guy, Eddie. Fat Grapple gets hired to play support for the band Curved Air, and Curved Air was so impressed with Jobson that they poached him from Fat Grapple now Curved Air. He's playing with these old dudes doing prog rocke. At sixteen, sister there and Roxy Music frontman Brian Ferry's sister were college roommates. So he's on Fairi's radar because his sister said, Hey, my college roommates brother is like this crazy keyboard violin prodigy. If you ever need someone, so Ferry calls him up to play on his solo album, These Foolish Things, That went so well that at seventeen, Jobson replaced Brian freaking Eno in Roxy Music, where he found himself playing three roles Fairies, which was on piano before he stepped up as their front man and his own stayed with the band for three studio albums. In seventy five, Roxy Music opens for Frank Zappa in Milwaukee, and Zappa says, hey, that kid you got over there when your tours over send him to me. So Jobson rolls with Zappa in early seventy six for a week as they're touring through Western Canada, and Zappa and Jobson are just kind of hanging out and jamming backstage and in the hotel rooms, and Zappa had so much confidence in him he decided when they were in Vancouver, only minutes before he was about to go on stage, said hey, you're playing with me tonight, and Jobson Frank Zappa notorious for being a perfectionist when it comes to his musicians, not having a single note out of place, and that went so well that Jobson was hired by Zappa at seventeen. He is featured prominently on a number of Zappa's album Zappa in New York, the studio album Studio, Tan, Shut Up and Player Guitar, You can't do that on stage anymore, and posthumously on Lather. In seventy seven, he co founded the prog rock supergroup UK had a bunch of dudes from Zappa, Roxy Music and King Crimson. They put out two albums. Then he did some solo work and then Tall said we want yea. So he rolls with Toll for a minute, I mean freaking Tall. Then Yes comes and grabs him out. Has a great flutist, floutist. I don't think he's Belgian.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: And then like I said, yes, owner of a lonely heart, much better than Oh. And then TV comes and gets some p and what does he do? He scores every episode ever produced of nash Bridges.
Speaker 2: R Man. I mean that that was with it right. That was a great era for the city of San Francisco, right around the same era that Charmed was what a time in the city.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, guys, do we think nash Bridge is gonna go?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: You know, we got on and I don't know if you know this, but we got Eddie Jobson to score every episode. I mean, he was in Zappa's band. This is kind of cool. His final live performance was with Roxy Music when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Played the Barclay Center for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction concert, and when Roxy Music was inducted, our man Eddie Jobson, became the only violinist ever inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: You mean there's only one.
Speaker 3: Violinist, that's it.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was thinking, like, I guess it'd be kind of hard.
Speaker 3: Maybe the guy in the Dexi's Midnight Runners, you know, playing there at the start on the fiddle.
Speaker 2: Somebody ran around with Vana Morrison for the astral Weeks album. I mean, you know that's one of the top five of all time.
Speaker 3: Right, And I guess they just weren't a member of the band like our guy was.
Speaker 2: Cal Hartman. He'll get to the bottom a bit about it. We hope you have a great night, everybody enjoy it. We will have Dodgers Marlins Otani on the mound, as we said, but not gonna hit Tim Kats coming up next with Marongo casino. Dodgers on deck, hanging there. Everybody, we're coming back out a road. Checked out this PUNCHI