Speaker 1: Before we look ahead to look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these talk about the right stuff. The year was nineteen twenty nine. Commander Richard Byrd, pilot Burnt Batchlan, radio operator Harold June, and photographer Ashley McKinney made the first airpline plane flight over the South Pole. November twenty ninth, nineteen sixty one, Enos the Chimpanzee launched from Cape Canaveral aboard the Mercury Atlas five spacecraft, orbiting there twice before splashing down safely. Nineteen eighty one, Natalie Wood, Hollywood star, drowned at age forty three, well building off California's Santa Canalina Island with then husband Robert Wagner and actor Christopher Walken. Mystery still surrounds the death of Natalie Wood forty four years later.
Speaker 2: The State.
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty seven, a Koreanair seven oh seven from Abu Dhabi to Bangkok destroyed by a bomb planted by North Korean agents, killing all one hundred and fifteen on board, something we'll explore a little bit later on. Today, it's been twenty four years to the date. Hard to believe that George Harrison died in Los Angeles following his battle with cancer. He was but fifty eight years old. Let's see filmmaker Joel Cohen is seventy one today. Howie Mandel of The Bald Head and the Germophobia is seventy today. Kathy Moriati, the actress sixty five. Kim Delaney is sixty four. Andrew McCarthy turned sixty three. Don Cheatle notches out its sixty one today. Baseball Hall of Famer Mariana Rivera is fifty six. Brian Baumgartner, the actor fifty three. Rapper the Game is forty six. Don't hate the player, Hate the game. Actress Jim Chan is forty three. Lucas Black is forty three, turning thirty seven a day, wondering where his next meal is going to come from? More than likely, I'm sure he's got some in the bank, though. Russell Wilson, erstwhile NFL quarterback, is thirty seven years old, and he looks every bit of that when he plays. If he plays, and we all have our time, don't we, And if it's your time today, if it's your birthday, I hope and pray it is the best day you could possibly imagine, and you get to spend it with family and friends or people who you love, no matter who they are, and doing the things you love to do. And that is truly my wish for you. It's five point forty one. Liam Tomlinson is here. We got weather and sports just at as we get you going on this Saturday morning edition on seven hundred WLW. And it's cold all weekend today, a cloudy one ahead, thirty six for the high, slight chance of precip tomorrow, also that sly chance of precip with a high up to thirty seven. Monday, we're at thirty six degrees for a high and Tuesday am snow showers. Some people listening can get as much as three or four inches of snow in the general Tri state area. They're talking about anywhere from nothing to maybe an inch inch and a half this morning, though, we're just clear and cold twenty three right.
Speaker 2: Now, seven hundred WLW, Sport.
Speaker 1: Liam Tomlinson back in the saddle again first and foremost, as Travis lead was pointing out during the news and by the way, we appreciate the news people disseminating all the news that they feel is fit to air, but leave the sports to a professional. Saint X Anderson both advanced to state championship games or they advanced right Liam Yes.
Speaker 3: Saint X defeated Middletown twenty one to six. They will face on Tangy Orange December fifth at seven thirty.
Speaker 1: Remember when you couldn't pronounce Olden Tangy Orange? I actually got years ago.
Speaker 2: I actually got super nervous this morning. I was like, is it on Tangy? Is it on Tangy? You did well? I learned something in this show. What else?
Speaker 3: Anderson top Big Wall in the twenty nine to twenty two They will face Avon at seven pm on December fourth. Indian Hell Indian Hill fell to Shelby forty two to seven. On the Kentucky side, heartbreak for all the remaining Northern Kentucky teams. Ryle lost to South One thirty six to twenty. Murray defeated Lloyd twenty seven to twenty in Beechwood. Storm back from a two score fourth quarter deficit. They're down forty one to forty, decide to.
Speaker 2: Go for two.
Speaker 3: They do not convert Owensboro Catholic one forty one to forty. College football u SEE travels to Fort Worth to face a TC.
Speaker 2: Hornfroggs this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Pregame coverage begins at two thirty kick except for three thirty right here on seven hundred WLW. Kentucky faces off against Louisville at noon. Catch all that action on ESPN fifteen thirty. Ohio State Michigan that kicks off at noon from ann Arbor, Michigan, looking to make it six straight in that rivalry.
Speaker 1: That is the biggest rivalry by far in college football. You're talking about UK and Louisville. Okay, it's it's big in Lexington and Louisville, but that's it. Ohio State Michigan. That this matchup resounds through the ages nationwide, and it's happening again today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's up there with Montana State and Montana, which was a thriller last week in Bozeman, Indiana steamrolled Perdue fifty six to three. Last night from college basketball on the Area, Xavier defeated Texas A and M Corpus Christy eighty eight to sixty seven, and NKU hosts the Boston University Terriers at one pm. You can catch all that action on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 1: Thank you sir, it's five p forty five. The lady Lynette is standing by. You were the credit, but in lively discourse with lovely Lady Lynette, and possibly hear a him in the process.
Speaker 2: Good morning Lynnette, to.
Speaker 4: Go to come.
Speaker 5: Free, come a free t see he her fast who he's flow. He has saved me with his co He has raised true the floor.
Speaker 6: For that.
Speaker 7: He has amen you.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you should start in a lower key.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 7: I drank the soda pop last night.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not to drink.
Speaker 7: It's a smell like turpentine. And I opened up the turtoning boy by a smell out. Though the nurse was to smell like the years she wouldn't smell. I couldn't get no aide just smelling.
Speaker 1: You know, here's what I want to know in a in a care facility like the one you're in, if you can't get if you can't get the nurse to smell something, maybe you're in either the wrong place or you get it. You need to get a new nurse, because.
Speaker 9: That's just kill it.
Speaker 7: But I laughed because years ago I got soda can and it smelled like cleaning fluid and they sent me a twelve pike queue.
Speaker 2: Pie for more cleaning fluid.
Speaker 7: Great, it's the same company. But oh wow, can't calm or come twice now?
Speaker 1: Now I didn't you didn't you get some food and it smelled like cleaning supplies too recently?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: No, uh huh?
Speaker 7: Okay, this was a can of soda pop.
Speaker 1: A can of soda pop. And you don't want to give what what kind it was? Huh you don't want to give out what brand it was because you were afraid of litigation.
Speaker 7: Correct, twelve Bank, you bob, that's the same company.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, any other problems?
Speaker 7: Yeah, tells me what when on last week was on the air. Don't ever put that on the air again yet, because when a person, anybody out here, I'm wet you went off the air. Why didn't you go out there this time? Darling?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? I'm not even sure what you're talking about?
Speaker 7: Well about me and that roommate carrying on? Don't ever put that garbage on the air.
Speaker 2: Well, don't say it, Lynette.
Speaker 1: When you call in, you have to understand that what you say is going to get on the air. I'm not hitting the dump button.
Speaker 7: We didn't such to say let's go because I don't want to feedback either. People coming up to music. Oh it was awful. I said, what way that woman and y'all was doing. I said, Gary Death su the forard to play? Because I'm in the middle of it. I ain't got no plug to pull. I don't know to hang this.
Speaker 1: Okay, Please again, understand if you don't want it on the air, don't say it on the Airlynette, I didn't.
Speaker 7: Know it was going to keep going and going and going.
Speaker 1: Well, you were telling me about the troubles you were having, yes with the TV that wouldn't get turned down, and all the other things that were going on.
Speaker 2: People look forward.
Speaker 1: People look forward to hearing about your daily saga's Lynette.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it is discussing.
Speaker 1: It may be, but that's life, baby, I know. But oh wow, Well, I'm terribly sorry. If you've got negative feedback.
Speaker 7: I get Oh yeah, I'm still getting.
Speaker 1: Lynnette, Lynnette, I get negative feedback sometimes for just saying my name on the air.
Speaker 2: I get negative.
Speaker 1: I get negative feedback just because I'm on the air.
Speaker 4: See it's I'm quiet.
Speaker 7: You're used to it.
Speaker 8: I used to this.
Speaker 2: Stuff you've been doing this a long time while you're not used to it.
Speaker 7: Not this one.
Speaker 9: The worst.
Speaker 7: It's worse than nurse wretched episode.
Speaker 1: Well, at least at least you've got a nurse that won't smell anything.
Speaker 7: That ain't my nurse. That was somebody else.
Speaker 1: Oh well, hopefully your your nurse will smell something if you ask her to smell something.
Speaker 7: Well, maybe it's not their job. Who knows. I'm not a nurse.
Speaker 1: It's one of the nurse's jobs is to smell things that may be unpleasant, just to make sure there's not a medical problem.
Speaker 7: Listen, what if it's a lawsuit. Nurse discussaid, Well, it's not like such and such. I don't believe in suing nobody.
Speaker 2: I leave it to God.
Speaker 1: Well, absolutely, I'm not saying that you should sue anybody head.
Speaker 7: You know, I would be a witness. That's the only thing.
Speaker 9: I can take up.
Speaker 7: People wouldn't sniff it. It's funny to me because it happened before, about thirty.
Speaker 2: Five years ago, so everything old is new again.
Speaker 7: I guess, how's your wife doing.
Speaker 1: My wife is wonderful, and uh, we're just we're just hanging in there, taking it one day at a time.
Speaker 7: Baby now, Dave saga, he didn't come to get my phone straightened up. David, if you're listening, come on over.
Speaker 1: Be careful talking about other people. You don't want negative feedback.
Speaker 7: Onete, I got a lot of Daves in the world.
Speaker 2: You do have. There are a lot of Daves in the world. I've got.
Speaker 1: I've got Dave from Harrison, I've got Dave Bakrath, the one you're talking about. I've got Uh, I've got Dave Haddie talking about.
Speaker 7: I got one hundred and one days.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you think you got more You think you got more Daves than I do?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: Suh.
Speaker 7: Hey, Greg, come over and read the Bible. It's in a.
Speaker 2: While, all right. Didn't get any other shout outs.
Speaker 7: Lynnette, Yeah, Christine, come over. I don't have your phone number, and Jean, you can call me. The phone's working again.
Speaker 2: Oh, the phone is working again.
Speaker 7: This is my phone, didn't you read.
Speaker 1: On Well, I'm looking at it right now, Lynnette. Yeah, so I've got your number again, so I can call you too. Huh, yes, Love, Can we talk about your roommate off the air?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, you have a good weekend. Okay, baby, We love.
Speaker 7: You America, Bye bye bye.
Speaker 2: Yeah today doing fa fantastic, very good.
Speaker 9: Very good.
Speaker 2: You sound pretty thankful. I'm very thankful. Hey, what what building in Harrison has the most stories?
Speaker 4: I guess it would be the library, Yes.
Speaker 2: The public library. You got it?
Speaker 1: Congratulations. What do you call a Frenchman who's been attacked by a cat? We no, no, no, Claude, claude.
Speaker 10: What you know which side of the turkey has the most feathers?
Speaker 2: Which side in the outside? How can you tell the difference between a crocodile and an alligator? Easy? One will see you later, the other will see you in a while. What do you call it? Private eye crocodile? What do you call it private eye crocodile? An investigator?
Speaker 11: I'm sorry he's supposed to be wearing a vest or of something too, But never mind.
Speaker 2: Somebody you know what? What?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 2: Dave?
Speaker 10: I've always I've always thought about cleaning mirrors for a living.
Speaker 2: About what.
Speaker 10: I've always thought about cleaning mirrors for a living?
Speaker 9: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: It's something I can really see myself doing. We saw that one coming for about a half a mile away.
Speaker 11: I know I know probably this one too, Jeff, Yes, where does Bruce Wayne go to use was.
Speaker 12: What was that?
Speaker 1: Was that supposed to be the same to Batman the TV show, Do that and do that?
Speaker 2: Do that again?
Speaker 11: And and then and then and then then then and then.
Speaker 2: And then and then and then Okay, that's good. What was the joke? Uh?
Speaker 4: Where where does Bruce Wayne go to use the toilet?
Speaker 11: Where he goes to the bathroom?
Speaker 13: Jokes told by day from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred w l W or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 14: When you're feeling overwhelmed and tired, I'm here.
Speaker 2: He's smart and funny and genuine. He's one of a kind.
Speaker 14: When you're concerned about work and your family, I'm here.
Speaker 2: When I listen to Willie, I feel better about things.
Speaker 1: I'm here to ease your mind, provide honest information and conversation, and to raise your spirits.
Speaker 2: Willy cares about me and my family.
Speaker 14: All you have to do is listen to me the great Amountica.
Speaker 2: I want to be a great American, just like Willie.
Speaker 1: You're cumming how Monday at twelve noon on seven hundred W l W time, do you tune in to Old Radio Rick with a reception report this morning? He's DXing from somewhere around Indianapolis on a Saturday. Old Radio Rick, how are you receiving us this morning? And what device are you using?
Speaker 15: Hey, good morning Gary, Jeff. I just want to start out that in radio, we always shudder to hear colors say longtime listener, first time calor. But I'm giving a shout out to one Alex Egan this morning, who is a longtime answerer, first time sh shout out.
Speaker 8: Ea.
Speaker 15: He and missus Alex are at a road trip to pick up their new puppy. So safe trip to guys. Oh wow, said he couldn't wait.
Speaker 1: I wished him Thanksgiving via text and I never heard back from me. He probably busy anyway.
Speaker 9: That bone off.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Well, Alex said he couldn't wait to hear today's radio offering. So I'm here to disappoint. You are coming in one by one on a nineteen sixty four Westinghouse Model get Ready Kids Age nine one, four P eight GP black shirt pocket transistor radio. Yep, the one of those little ones like we had when we were kids. This thing had more letters in the model number than it had parts inside, with only eight transistors and a barely a three inch speaker. The letters d X were not found anywhere near this radio, but I could hear kind of a but I'm pretty sure was you, So I'll give you a one by one. Most people hear me that way, depending on their political affiliation. The leather it case is easily the best feature. But it does work with a standard nine volt battery, un like earlier one, So that's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, But let's go to the catalog.
Speaker 15: All be at the wrong one? Shall we be at the wrong one?
Speaker 2: You didn't find the right catalog for this transistor radio? Is that what you're telling me?
Speaker 15: That's what I'm telling you. However, this is from nineteen sixty four. It is Westinghouse, but it features a stack of televisions, and I don't know if you remember either. From the there is homage to it at the beginning of the credits of a CTV but there was some stunt where some guy in a rocket card drove through a pile of TVs on a tarmac somewhere that its TVs look arranged basically the same way. Oh okay, The caption says, who's on first? When these famous brand TV sets were turned on all at the same time and switched on simultaneously with the leading brand TV sets illustrated here, only the Westinghouse picture in sound came on instantly, no weight, no warm up, no missing of that crucial moment of your favorite game or program. All right, flag on the play. TVs took what forty five seconds to warm up if you're turning on your set only a few seconds before that's so called crucial moment, isn't it just poor planning on your part?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: But we were talking about radios, we're talking about TVs now. Is this why you said it was the wrong catalog?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 15: I'm following now because yeah, because I just found humor in this one. A special circuit keeps the tubes gently warmed with the set off, keeps the set always in standby readiness, helps protect chassis imparts from corrosive humidity. All right, hold on if your house is prone to causing damage from corrosive humidity. Maybe you should invest in a roof, a dehumidifier, yeah.
Speaker 4: Something not a new TV, but I get the idea.
Speaker 15: If you keep the tubes light warm all the time, then when you turn it on, it's less of a shock to the system, and that's decent. And also it is immediately on ham radio folks and test equipment manufacturers had the so called standby switch, so you could keep them on and enough to temperature so calibration wouldn't shift and so forth.
Speaker 4: That makes sense.
Speaker 15: But the idea that this will increase the reliability and the longevity of the television is a little suspect, So I point to the fault things. Here's a hold on for sharp turn number three. There is the world's oldest light bulb that's still working, and there's a website for this bulb with a webcam you can see in all its glory in real time. It's located in a fire station in Livermore, California. It's an Edison light bulb. It's over one hundred and twenty years old and still going. But while it gave off roughly the same lumens as a modern incandescent sixty watt bulb, maybe a little more. Having burned for so many years, the brightness is down to the equivalent of about a four watt bulb because the longer it burns, the more oxygase oxyd I can't even say it. Oxidation gets stuck to the filament, and and so it it closed, dimmer and dimmer and dimmer. These tubes in this always on Westinghouse thing, We're going to do the same thing.
Speaker 6: Never mind the fire hazard.
Speaker 15: But so there's convoluted three turn.
Speaker 9: But what was the radio again?
Speaker 15: That was the point. It wasn't worth mentioning.
Speaker 1: Well, and you were right at the top of the conversation, alex Is and probably should be greatly disappointed.
Speaker 9: All of your listeners are.
Speaker 1: Old radio Rick at gmail dot com if you'd like to get in touch with mister Washburn. What was that in the low places of how now Brown County to visit our friends Doug and Angie and the Green Hornet. Everybody was giving thanks, and we were very thankful to spend time with our friends in Ripley and enjoyed the buffet in Maysville. Good morning, gang, Good morning, by the way, Sherry Sherry brought me a chicken. And I know, I know it's a Turkey Turkey holiday usually, but Sherry brought me a chicken, and that chicken is now prominently displayed in a place of honor in my home.
Speaker 2: And Sherry, I just wanted to thank you for my chicken.
Speaker 8: You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it.
Speaker 2: It's on springs, which makes it even more festive and fun.
Speaker 8: Yes, it bounces around how like I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to say that, but thanks for beating me to the punch. So, uh, what's going on there this morning? Anything of note?
Speaker 15: We have a crowd?
Speaker 6: Really, yes, let's see we got one two seven dogs?
Speaker 2: Hasn't three dogs.
Speaker 1: It's not a three dog night. It's a three dog morning in Ripley. This is fantastic.
Speaker 2: The gang and broke its awesome.
Speaker 16: We don't have anything really going on tonight, no band or anything, but it's nice and warm here at Brookies, and so it'd just be a good day to come down and hang out.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, yeah, I mean a good day to sit in the bar with the door.
Speaker 16: Closed exactly and the drawings up around. I think it's seventy five and I'm certain there'll be more than that by Wednesday night, so God and get your take out.
Speaker 14: So at least at least.
Speaker 1: Two hundred and seventy five grand in the Queen of Hearts at Brookies and Ripley and the drawing this Wednesday night starting at seventh Hold.
Speaker 10: On, hold on, update update, no drawing the night and day. No drawing this week.
Speaker 11: You can still.
Speaker 10: Event going on that day, just.
Speaker 4: We just had to push it off a week.
Speaker 1: Well, I I was led to believe that that we'd missed this past week. Which makes sense. You got the biggest party night, well one of the biggest party nights of the year on Wednesday. You don't want it mucked up with a Queen of Heart. But but why this coming Wednesday.
Speaker 4: There was a death of a family locally here.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I hate to hear that.
Speaker 6: So that's I'll be postponed for a week due to that reason.
Speaker 2: Well I'm I'm I'm glad it wasn't Darren being lazy again.
Speaker 15: Oh no, no, he's down here on the spot this morning.
Speaker 9: He was early. Oh boy, got to keep your eye on him.
Speaker 2: He's everywhere in the city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta like like the old man in the park with the trench coat. Keep an eye on Darren.
Speaker 6: He was following me around yesterday Maysville.
Speaker 9: I found out this morning, So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't go anywhere now.
Speaker 1: By the way, thanks to the oil baron of Brown County and his lovely wife for treating Chris to two point Oho and I to a wonderful Thanksgiving buffet. And I got to give a shout out to Kaproni's on the River in Maysville. That place is amazing. It's been there for decades and they they outdid themselves on that buffet.
Speaker 2: It was wonderful, wasn't it, Doug.
Speaker 9: It was it was.
Speaker 8: That's a great place it is.
Speaker 6: Now we got to turn it up today and of course we all know it's going.
Speaker 4: To happen at noon.
Speaker 6: We're having a special Brookies on the River.
Speaker 2: Are you what?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 10: What's what's the specials at jail? They're gonna have Davy's Pizza and come on down and enjoy the game with that.
Speaker 1: All right, Ohio State Michigan at noon, the big game, the biggest game of the year. Of the oil Baron of Brown County is a solid Buckeye fan. My friend Art Volo in Novi Michigan is a big u of m fan, so it's a good thing they'll be separated by about three.
Speaker 2: Hundred four hundred miles.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, guys, well listen, have a fantastic weekend, and thanks for checking in as all was.
Speaker 14: Bye bye, love you bye.
Speaker 2: Steve from ETNA standing by in.
Speaker 1: A weekend when we are reflective and giving thanks for all of the blessings in our life.
Speaker 2: I give thanks that I ran into this guy.
Speaker 1: Somewhere about I don't know, ten fifteen years ago on these airwaves, and he's continued to be a constant, positive contributor in my opinion, to the Saturday morning edition. He is back for another serving, and we are thankful for Steve from atn Ohio. Good morning, Steve.
Speaker 17: Simon, Good morning, sir. Indeed, this was the week when we get thanks for all of our blessings, presumably over a lifetime. Several Christmases ago, my kids got me a year's subscription to Ancestry. The easiest side of my family was my father's. Since the website was loaded with family trees, what I discovered.
Speaker 9: Was the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Speaker 17: Let's start with Sir Humphrey of Bristol, England, which is in the west of the country at the head of the Bristol Channel, which access made of a haven for slave traders. I don't know for sure if Sir Humphrey or his grandfather also named Humphrey, we're into this nefarious business, but both were politically connected, so draw your own conclusions. This was the first half of the seventeenth century and grandfather and grandson wound up in Parliament as Royalists siding with the Kings versus Parliamentarians who were headed by Oliver Cromwell, whose gang was noted as the Roundheads. All this during the English Civil War. Round one was won by Cromwell's forces and Grandfather Humphrey was expelled from Haarlem from Parliament, but by the time his grandson served, the Royalists got the upper hand. It was called the Restoration and grandson actually managed to be knighted.
Speaker 4: Ooh.
Speaker 17: Sir Humphrey's son, Thomas went in an entirely different direction. He established a printing business and is credited with supplying the newsprint for the first issue of The Times of London, one of the most famous newspapers of modern times. He then did something really fascinating. For whatever reason, this successful entrepreneur set sail for Prince George's County in the Maryland Colony, where he presumably set up shop in sixteen sixty eight. That's when the genealogy takes another turn for the worse. A number of his descendants wound up as plantation owners, but in seventeen ninety five, riding in on his white horse is doctor Dan. He was the last ancestor to live on a plantation. He was born in Maryland, now part of the United States at that time. His mother died early. His father was unable to take care of Daniel and his sister, so he sent them to a relative plantation in Kentucky. Daniel was fortunate his sister, Mary Davis, was quite the historian, and her biography of Daniel is in the archives of a state university in Georgia. She notes that her brother's playmates in Kentucky were the sons of slaves, which gave Daniel a progressive attitude on race. Daniel graduated from medical school and started a long life in Augusta, Georgia, where he practiced medicine, became an evangelist, and was twice elected mayor of Augusta, but the ghost of slavery would haunt him to his dying day. His son, who practiced medicine with doctor Dan, was a surgeon in the Confederacy and died at Manassas in eighteen sixty one. Bottom line, you will find your roots, but they won't always be pretty. And remember this. If it were for your ancestors good, bad and indifference, you wouldn't be here and you wouldn't have a life and choose how to live it.
Speaker 9: Live it well.
Speaker 17: Talk to you next week, Gary Jeff.
Speaker 1: Amen Steve, thank you very much, wise words always. We'll talk to brother Ray Scott in some thoughts of my own coming up morning, the last of November, November twenty ninth, Saturday Morning Edition, Gary Jeff with you on seven under WLW first and foremost, let's get brother Ray Scott of Love Life and in on the horn.
Speaker 2: How you doing, Ray, Good morning, my brother. How you doing, Gary Jeff doing fantastic.
Speaker 1: Had a great, great Thanksgiving celebration with our friends and Christa looked at me on Thursday night as we were heading to bed and she said, thank you for a fantastic Thanksgiving Day. I said, well, thank you. I didn't really do anything but spend it with you. She said, That's all I needed. And that's boy, that sums it up.
Speaker 10: You get doesn't get any better than that.
Speaker 1: No, Now you get past the turkey and all the other things that are a part of our thanksgiving modern day. And if you can truly look at someone you love and say I had a great day with you, there's nothing better.
Speaker 10: That's that is, that's life well lived that day. And do potato as much as you can.
Speaker 9: We you're coming in a.
Speaker 10: Loud and clear by the way, Uh, what would we say organically terrestrial radio? And if I would say to you on traveling and we could hear your signal in Andalusia, Georgiana and Birmingham, Alabama?
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 10: And that's right and listening? If I say a phil Co radio to you and to me and my buddy Bill, who I knows probably a listener right now of our age group, we would know what branded vehicle we're driving?
Speaker 2: Correct, A phil Co?
Speaker 9: Phil Co?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: I don't know is that a Dodge? Is that Chrysler? I'm trying to thank.
Speaker 6: Phil for phil Co Radio?
Speaker 2: I thought I thought it was no Ac Delco? Was GM right there? You go there, go Ford, Okay, all right, yeah, yeah, yeah, I didn't know. Anyways, I didn't know they were still making radios phil coos.
Speaker 10: Well it's it's a Ford radio driving the Ford. But anyway, the old days it was called philco So it was just a little generational thing.
Speaker 2: They're out there right right right. I remember, I didn't. I didn't. I didn't have that many Fords when I was growing up.
Speaker 15: You're probably lucky that.
Speaker 9: It's all.
Speaker 10: They had four wheels, it's all we really cared about back in the day. And still four wheels in the tank of gas. And I'm still pretty happy, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: So, so what are you doing in Alabama?
Speaker 10: Brother, Well, we're headed back from Florida for Thanksgiving, and we left early to miss the White Death there in our area there and Cincinnati, and also so we could get some milk and bread obviously.
Speaker 5: Before they run out of the store.
Speaker 9: So that's all.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we just left early, about two o'clock our time, down the beach. So yeah, we're just supposed to hit up there today. What time, Santy said later, I would I wonder we get in before it.
Speaker 2: Hits We're talking about a.
Speaker 1: Forecast the nine forecast that we use as our weather station here is calling for a twenty three percent chance of precipitation in Cincinnati, twenty two percent tomorrow, ten percent on Monday Tuesday morning. Looks like the big bomb, the big white death bomb of sixty nine percent chance of pre sip on the latest forecast. So whatever we get in and around the Cincinnati area is going to be light, if at all.
Speaker 4: So you're good, all right, good deal.
Speaker 10: I'm glad I caught your brother.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you did too. Thanks for d X and US on your Ford fil Co radio in Alabama.
Speaker 10: There you go, kick it out old school, No, not on the phone.
Speaker 6: We're good on the old way.
Speaker 10: So good to talk to you.
Speaker 2: God bless you, brother, God bless you. Liam Tomlinson. Are you standing by Liam? I'm sitting, but yes, I'm okay. You're there.
Speaker 1: First off from Gary Walker at seven hutter WLW dot com on the old email Liam Irata sheet from Ron Steaman who's just outside of Columbus. Liam did an excellent job of pronouncing olin, tangi orans, so he gives your props there. However, that team up north chickened out of playing the scheduled twenty twenty game in covid SeaBus. Hence, therefore and forthwith, he says, su um scum team only has an opportunity to win their fifth contest since the year of Our Lord twenty nineteen. OSU Shill lacked M fifty six twenty seven in the noxious neighborhood of Ann's Arbor in twenty nineteen. If only Liam had forgotten to wear his shoes again, perhaps he could have counted correctly. So what do you have to say for yourself? It's not going to be the sixth. It'll be the fifth if Michigan seeks out a win over Ohio State today.
Speaker 3: Now, as a political studies major, I was too concerned about, you know, reading Francis Bacon and deep philosophical meanings of life than doing simple counting things.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to be a physicist. Uh so, well, you know, to be a physicist to count to five or six and further.
Speaker 1: Art Volo, the aforementioned Michigan fan who Christ and I got to celebrate his eightieth birthday with him at his house in Michigan back in September, said, let Liam know today will be the fifth time in a row that Michigan beats the Bucks not to sixth as he stated earlier, that will happen in twenty twenty six and SeaBus go blues. We've got scum on the one side, and we we've got art not resorting to name calling. But and that is something I've found, and I could be totally wrong, and I'm sure an Ohio State fan will vehemently disagree with me. Ohio State fans seem to have just a bloodthirsty hatred for anything Michigan. Michigan doesn't like Ohio State by any means, but they don't seem to be as ravenously I don't know, angry or mean as Buckeye fans. I could be totally wrong about this. There has to be a reason for that level of animosity in this rivalry. And by the way, the other thing I was going to get to and didn't get a chance now because we've reacted our time away is the fact that I was heartened this week to find that iHeart Media, which is our parent company, has reassured and you'll hear the promos on the air, reassured not only you the listener, but us the employee, that they are going to an only human kind of philosophy, which means you're not going to get AI on our airwaves as far as local programming goes. It's a time to strike a victory for humanity.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: iHeartMedia and Gary jem I'm mister small business. That's what my wife says. Eight o seven on a Saturday morning. How about a visit from science mind, I think that would be in order. It's that time, after all, a Science minute on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 14: Yes, as a nightly scientist, surprising all behinded me.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Michael, how are we You won't need to tell me.
Speaker 4: Let's wrap it up.
Speaker 2: What I'm just say?
Speaker 9: Hey, fr.
Speaker 2: No, what what'd you say? Please finish?
Speaker 6: I read your diatribe text to my wife and she commented, up, Gary Jeff does this didn't seem to be the sad kind of guy.
Speaker 2: Well, so anyway.
Speaker 1: This was last Sunday, after the Chiefs had secured another victory against the Indianapolis Colts, and Science Mike, who has has made a habit over the season, actually actually been bringing in scientific stats that the Chiefs get the benefit of too many calls, an inordinate amount of calls in the NFL. So he texts me as simple in the wake of another Chief's victory over Indianapolis last Sunday. Of course, I'm sure you were happy that my Chiefs lost on Thursday. But anyway, roughing the passer call against the Colts really and so I go here he goes again. So this is what I text him back. Should be more reflective. A mirror is a good place to start. It's often beneficial for one to think about all the decisions that they have made in the past that could adversely affect what the future may hold. I pray you find a save for this fresh wound. No response from science Mike, I said, well, you should at least say thank you, and finally thinking science Mike was mad at me for being a wise ass.
Speaker 2: I said, you know, I was just kidding, right.
Speaker 6: I think my wife also asked he didn't take that up on his own, Dady.
Speaker 1: Of course I did. That was top of that. That was top of mind. I just rattled it off. Christa can attest to that. She was sitting there on the couch while I'm doing it, and she goes, gosh, you're really a smart Alec, aren't you.
Speaker 2: I said, yes, I am.
Speaker 6: Well, happy Thanksgiving was good for you.
Speaker 2: Everything was great. I hope everything was good for you.
Speaker 6: What have you got for It's Michael, before we hit the before we get to the topic. The twenty twenty five American Farm beer dinner for ten costs for turkey was fifty five dollars and eighteen cents this year, and in twenty twenty two it was sixty four dollars for dinner ten.
Speaker 8: Just store score.
Speaker 2: Biden plation out there, Bidenlation going down.
Speaker 6: Okay, go ahead, yeah, okay, let's make people nicer, Gary jeffs. How are we gonna make people nicer?
Speaker 9: We're gonna throw.
Speaker 6: Batman into the mix. So this is going to the Milan, Italy on the metro system. What they did was they still looked at it like one hundred and thirty eight different occurrences where they took a woman who had a prosthetic pregnancy belly on and they put her on a train and they let some other character come in dressed in as Batman entered from another door. So they weren't like a combination group coming together. Anyhow, Sixty seven percent of the time people tended to give up their meat to the pregnant woman. When Batman was was present and when Batman wasn't president on the train, only thirty seven percent of the time the people gave up their seat to the to the pregnant woman.
Speaker 2: Well, they don't know if.
Speaker 6: The people they've interviewed after this they gave up their seat or didn't. They said people gave up their seat taking, Well, they really didn't have an effect. It just really made us more of a social norm type thing where you had to give up your seat to should give up your seat to it to somebody standing there who's.
Speaker 1: Expecting everybody knows you don't mess with the Cape Crusader and got them or anywhere else.
Speaker 6: And nobody nobody actually said they were I'll use the word it wasn't putt in the in the article intimidated by the presence of the Cape Crusader. But uh, the next study is they're actually going to put a uh, a man that looks like Trump on the train and see how they help people reacting.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they'll be able to wrangle that into something negative about President Trump. Now I tell you tell you the real test. Put Chuck Norris, a guy that looks like Chuck Norris on the train with the pregnant lady, and see what happens.
Speaker 6: Then we're gonna see, we're gonna we're gonna write to them. We're gonna get them to do that.
Speaker 1: They'll all be week, all giving up their seats. You too, Michael, thank you. Uh we've got brother Rick Green and that Teresa still ahead. It's eight twelve at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, Gary, Jeff. I just got down prance for you and your listener.
Speaker 2: Thank you, God, bless you, Verry.
Speaker 18: I got a sought one today, but it's so powerful. So by long time we have Luke about the one for thirty seven. If there's from all work, from whatever fail, amen, this.
Speaker 2: Is Luke one, chapter thirty seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and while her thirty seven.
Speaker 2: Verse thirty seven, and what does it say again?
Speaker 4: Or no word from God will ever fail in the story? How have I absolute God here? There's no woe to de date?
Speaker 2: I agree? How was your Thanksgiving?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 19: It was absolutely awful. It's just humble with me there. It was my first four week or retirement. I just don't reflect my how much God loved me, how much sometime I still like that, and I don't understand why I think I judge myself too much, then I'm not going.
Speaker 4: Have to work with me on that.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the problem is for me at least. Rick.
Speaker 1: I can't speak for you, but for me, it's uh, maybe maybe sometimes I get bored with how good God is?
Speaker 9: It?
Speaker 1: Just it becomes so so commonplace to understand it and to digest it that you forget about it somehow.
Speaker 2: And I don't know how we ever, forget the goodness of God.
Speaker 4: You're right, you're saying that and hearing it. It don't make no sense.
Speaker 19: Well, I do believe we all struggle in all particular areas, and that's the one in my areas.
Speaker 4: Go you love me that much? And you keep saying yes. I don't know why. I just can't accept that. Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: Well of asking the glow of that knowledge for at least the next fifteen minutes, and maybe that'll lead to another fifteen and another fifteen and so on and so on. Br take care all all right. From the Word of God to a Word of the week from that Teresa, Good morning.
Speaker 8: That Teresa, Greetings and salutations, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 9: How are you today, my friends?
Speaker 1: I am surviving nicely, Thank you. I think I'm still kind of full from Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday Day.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's that's a cross we all have to bear, isn't it. I just want to say good morning, Christen's you FORO. I know you, beautiful hunk of American woman. Squeak squeak, you'll break e t those into house?
Speaker 9: I should say, into his house or not?
Speaker 8: Maybe today's word. We're gonna give you a sentence first.
Speaker 9: Then the word is in the sentence.
Speaker 8: It comes from way back in my memory banks when I was fifteen, you were sixteen. In nineteen seventy seven, there was this little comedy album. I don't know if anybody recalls.
Speaker 7: It was put out by this guy.
Speaker 8: He played a banjo. I think his name was Steve Martin. As I said, nineteen seventy seven, Let's Get Small was the album. I played that album so much. I learned in barbatim from sade ay to side B. I drove my parents, friends and family nuts quoting bits from Steve Martin. One particular bit, Ye, it was called the Grandmother's Song, and it was a beautiful little song that his grandmother would sing to him. And the line that I'm going to quote the work from today is he said, and this is my hope for everybody today. Be obsequious, purple, and clairvoyant.
Speaker 7: I think that's one of.
Speaker 8: The best lines ever said.
Speaker 9: Not quoted enough.
Speaker 8: And the word is obsequious and it's ob s e q u io u s. It means obedient, obedient, or attentive to an extensive or servile degree.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 8: Also, one thing you said that Christa said that you were a smart alec.
Speaker 9: Remember this.
Speaker 8: I'd rather be a smart Alec than a dumb Alec any day.
Speaker 9: Of the week.
Speaker 8: God's love you, God, bless you, good day, Love you all.
Speaker 17: Thank you that.
Speaker 1: Teresa, she said that she used to drive her parents and everyone else nuts. It's nice to know that things haven't changed.
Speaker 2: Do you need kids?
Speaker 1: Time will give strom Wally. Sometimes it's hard to get up out of bed. Sunday morning, about seven o'clock, the guy's mother comes into his bedroom and says, son, it's time to get up to go to church. All he does is kind of groan. She goes, I'll give him a few more minutes. Comes back five minutes later, Son, it's time to get up for church.
Speaker 2: You know you have to get up.
Speaker 1: Give me fifteen minutes. She comes back fifteen minutes later, Son, it's time to get up.
Speaker 2: You got to go to church. I'm not going. She what do you mean, you're not going.
Speaker 4: So well?
Speaker 1: Number one, they don't like me. Number two, I don't like them either. She said, you're going for two reasons. One you're fifty four years old, and two we talk about sports with reports from Liam, who's finally learned how to pronounce Olin tangy orange correctly every time. Now, if we can get him out of the gosh and for Goshen, we'll be doing something. This guy can pronounce all of the names correctly most of the time, unless it's women's tennis. But we're not going to press him into that kind of service. This morning, Moegger joins.
Speaker 9: Us, Hey, Mo, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Well? U sees anti.
Speaker 1: Climactic last game of the regular season, and anti climactic of course because of the last three games that Bearcat fans have had to endure.
Speaker 2: They finish on the road, and.
Speaker 1: It's a game that kind of for fans anyway, I'm sure for the team and for coach Sadderfield. You see alone, it has meaning. It's another game on the schedule. But really, kind of the air has been taken out of the UC football balloon with the last three or four games, hasn't it?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: No question?
Speaker 9: You know, you think about when the month began, the Bearcats were getting set to play Utah on the road and the Harvard what we thought were legitimate Big twelve Championship game aspirations, And here we are at the end of the month and they're simply trying to avoid the same fate as last year, which is, you know, losing It wouldn't be five games to end the regular season, but losing four straight games to end the regular season. Yes, And I think, basically almost completely for a lot of folks, I'm doing all the good feelings and good vibes that were built up during that seven game winning streaks when they put themselves in a position to be in the Big twelve title game race. Sure, I think the frustrating things.
Speaker 2: No, No, the frustrating things are finished.
Speaker 9: The thought I think the frustrating thing for a lot of us is, you know, they've played some good teams. I think Utah is better than Cincinnati. I think BYU is better than Cincinnati. I think they should have won the Arizona game. Bearcats have been the biggest opponent these three games, with penalties, mistakes, missed opportunities, just a whole slew of them. And that was the case at the end of the season last year. You had sort of hoped they had moved on from that this year, and here down the stretch they obviously had not.
Speaker 1: So they're playing a team that always makes me think of this movie Liam.
Speaker 20: Them Tirings did this to Pete. They loved him up and turned them into a horny toad.
Speaker 1: I love the Horny Toads, Texas Christian the Horned Frogs actually, but I always think of Oh Brother where Artal every time I hear TCU, because their name is the Horned Frogs, and I think of the horny toad and being loved up. Have you ever been loved up and turned into a horny toad?
Speaker 9: Mo hasn't happened yet, but there's still time.
Speaker 1: You know, you remember the scene from the movie. You've seen the movie, right, of course. So Pete's pants are just laying in the creek and there's a toad where his zippers should be, jumping up and down in the water. It was one of my favorite movie scenes, probably of that whole year. Anyway, moving past that, you see basketball on a break this weekend.
Speaker 2: Who's their next opponent?
Speaker 9: The Tarlatan State Monday night and then in six days the Skyline Chili A Cross Towns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think of Xavier's victory over Texas A and M. We see an improvement from the Musketeers or was Texas and theory?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, go back to last weekend. They made sixteen threes against West Virginia. They narrowly lost to Georgia, a game that I think Xavier was there for the taking. They should have won. You know, two weeks ago, two and a half weeks ago, Santa Clara came to the Cintas Center and worked them. At one point, they were up by thirty four points. This is not a great Xavier team. It's not going to be a great Xavier team. But it's a Xavier team that has improved immensely since then. And the shootout, which I think has been framed as an inevitable UC victory now for months. I'm pretty sure Xavier is going to be favored in the game, and if they aren't, they at least have more than a chance to win it. Then I think anybody would have acknowledged just a couple of weeks ago, Richard Patino's team isn't great again, but they have gotten better.
Speaker 1: How would you how would you categorize UC's team.
Speaker 9: At this point, uneven, identity, lacking, underwhelming. I think all of those adjectives applied. You know, they lost to Louisville a week ago last night, and there was no real shame in that. But they they got their head handed to them against Eastern Michigan the other night, which is not supposed to happen. You will see, you know, high major programs lose games like that, but you know it typically happens because they go nuts from behind the arc or because they have a player who just goes off. The Eastern Michigan's best player scored fifteen points. Good game, but you know, not an overwhelming game. They shot thirty three percent from the field. But what they did is they outrebounded Cincinnati, They out hustled Cincinnati. They defended Cincinnati very well, and the Bearcats had no answer. It's been and you see, didn't have the guys who's you know, probably their best player in Bob Miller. But still you can't lose to Eastern Michigan by a points on your home floor, and they did, And so you know, this is a huge year for west Miller, and he'd be the first to acknowledge that it does feel like in many respects it's NCAA tournament or bust, and the Bearcats so far this season has not played like an NCAA tournament team.
Speaker 1: Today is the day of the rematch, the game that really a lot of the nation focuses on every year, and Thanksgiving weekend the final weekend of the regular college football season, with Ohio State traveling to Michigan trying to avoid a fifth straight loss to the Wolverines. And I personally think this is a year that Ohio State breaks through and Ryan Day saves from people calling for his head.
Speaker 2: But anything can happen in this game.
Speaker 1: And this, to me is well, this is a rivalry week and all over college football for the most part, this game defies description as far as the level of intensity and the rivalry and the hatred there are between the two sets of fans. There is no greater rivalry in college football than this game today, Ohio State and Michigan.
Speaker 9: Your thoughts, I agree with everything you just said, And the most interesting dynamic in the sport is the one involving Ryan Day and this game. You know, he is the coach of the reigning national champion. They're undefeated. There the odds on favor right now to win the national title this year. Coaches like that, you rarely have to read about having to get a monkey off of his back, But when you've lost your art rival four consecutive years, it's I don't want to say that I get it because because I think some fans just when when Ryan Day loses to Michigan, they're unwilling to look at the overall body of work. But like he was a guy who last year after they lost to Michigan, for a lot of folks, you know, they thought he had to win the national title to save his job. I'm not sure that was anything that really, you know, was based in reality, but it's it's going to be interesting if they lose again today ten and a half point favorites they should win this game. All of the goodwill for a lot of Buckeye fans is going to be almost completely undone because because we have five consecutive losses to Michigan and look the way he has coached in this game over the last couple of years has made very little sense. You and I have talked about it. He's coached too conservatively. I think at times he's coached scared. And while they should win the game today, the Michigan team they're playing today is better than the Michigan team that beat them in Columbus last year. And so you're right, in this kind of game, in this series, anything can happen. I think it's gonna be fascinating to hear how people talk about Ryan Day if the buck guys lose the game, but I don't think they will. They've been the best team in college football all season long. They have a Heisman Trophy caliber quarterback. Their defense this season has been incredible. But if it's a tight game in the second half or a tight game in the fourth quarter, it's gonna be interesting because the Buckeyes have failed in those situations in this rivalry in recent years.
Speaker 1: It's always nice to have a professional football on Thanksgiving. I mean, it's part of the holidays, something you look forward to. Hey, look it's a Thursday. But along with this wonderful spread of food, we get to watch at least two, maybe three NFL games on a Thursday. And I've got to tell you a lot of years, because you always know the Cowboys are gonna play, the Packers are going to play, the Lions are gonna play on Thanksgiving Day, and a lot of years those games turn out to be kind of dogs. They're kind of like afterthoughts after all the actions called. But we had three really good although the Bengals did beat the Ravens like a rented step child on Thursday night, which surprised a lot of people. But I thought you had three really good NFL games on Thanksgiving Day, didn't You?
Speaker 2: Sure did?
Speaker 9: Green Bay Detroit was entertaining. Cowboys Chiefs was very entertaining, and the return of Joe Burrow probably a lot more entertaining for us than anybody else. But an interesting game, interesting intradivisional game in a game that the Bengals needed to win. I mean, there's no other way to put it. Yeah, I thought, I think you're right. Most of the time on Thanksgiving it doesn't feel like we get very good matchups, right, And I think this year there was a concerted effort to Okay, the Lions are going to play they're in a great division. Let's give them a divisional game. They did with the Green Bay Packers, all right, so the Cowboys are gonna play. Let's have him play the team that's made the Super Bowl for the last five years. And then it's Bengals and Ravens. And the Bengals and Ravens last year played two of the most entertaining games of the entire season. Good divisional rivalry, two a list quarterbacks. I think there was a concerted effort to not just have football on, but have good teams and interesting teams. That certainly doesn't guarantee that you're gonna get great games, but I thought we did, and I thought from a Bengals perspective, you got the reawakening of the defense, the return of Joe Burrow, and a victory over a Baltimore team that has at least cracked the door open for the Bengals to at least be in the AFC North race for the rest of the season. Obviously, the Pittsburgh Steelers haven't played this weekend. Cincinnati could use Buffalo beating them. But if they lose that game on Thursday at the Bengals, they're three and nine and for all intents and purposes, their playoffs and their playoff hopes have been totally extinguished. They're obviously still very much on life support, but they are alive, and it'll be interesting to see, you know, what they do in Buffalo next week, and then when they play the Ravens very quickly, quick turnaround in a couple of weeks, can they sweep them? And if the answer is yes, and they can win those two games, they're going to be favored in their last three. We'll see where the Ravens are at that point. We'll see where the Steelers are at that point. But then they could be in a position to make what would be a miraculous turnaround. First thing, first, they gotta go to Buffalo and beat the Bills a week from someday.
Speaker 2: Is there something intrinsically wrong with Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 9: I think there is. I mean, look at the fact, at number one, he missed games because of injury. When he came back to play games, he's still not practicing every day during the week, and then you watch him. I've watched Lamar Jackson play a ton because I think he's a lot of watch He doesn't look like himself. He missed easy throws. He wasn't a huge threat with his legs. When he was a threat with his legs, he didn't run like Lamar Jackson. I think there is what I don't understand is the Baltimore Ravens in that game decided we're going to put the game in the hands or on the feet or on the arm of Lamar Jackson instead of giving the ball to Derrick Henry at halftime, Derrick Henry had five carrots, which against the Bengals defense. I don't know why you don't give the ball to him time and again. And then add to it the fact that the quarterback seemed to be at least a little bit physically compromised. That Ravens team is okay, there are six and six, but offensively, even when they won five consecutive games, they were far from dominant. And I think Lamar Jackson himself is the major reason why.
Speaker 1: One last question after the game yesterday, are the Bears really for real?
Speaker 9: I think they are. You know, they've won a lot of games in the fourth quarter, including the one in Cincinnati that they won on the touchdown in the last minute of the game. But to me, that's the NFL. Most NFL games aren't doubt in the fourth quarter. The Kansas City Chiefs have lived in recent years on winning games in the fourth quarter. Caleb Williams isn't great yet, but he's moving in the right direction. And I think they have an awesome coach in Ben Johnson. Yeah, I think the Bears are for real.
Speaker 1: Well, Mo, thank you so much for your time. I know that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, or at least I hope you did with family and and Mo. If you will, Liam, always remember this. As the Bearcats braced to play TSU today in Fort Worth.
Speaker 2: Liam Rings did this to Pete.
Speaker 20: They loved him up and turned him into a horny code counselor how are you have?
Speaker 2: Where do you come up with that? You have you ever been turned into a horny toad?
Speaker 12: Yeah? In my younger days. All right, So what's on the pro Well, I'll tell you what. This is going to be a good one. We're going to talk about the ambush by that filthy Afghan national on the West Virginia National Guard.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing is dead, the CIA and the other people who brought him into this country. He said he was thoroughly vetted. He worked with the CIA for years in Afghanistan. There was no problem with him. As someone made the point in response to that, you're talking about a country that is in the seventh century. True, there is no way to properly vet anyone coming out of that quagmire of sam Rock.
Speaker 12: But that didn't stop Majorcus from saying numerous times that they all were vetted. What a bunch of garbage they're they're looking for a motive. I read a story this morning. I don't need to go any farther, the filthy Afghan said was heard by one of the soldiers saying, a la acbar.
Speaker 2: You need to go any damn further, that's all you need.
Speaker 1: And Democrats in the leftist blaming President Trump for the National Guard member that got shot and killed by the person that shouldn't have been in our country.
Speaker 2: You know, you ask yourself, what's next. I mean, one story tops another.
Speaker 1: It's just it's unbelievable, and it's absolutely right, I believe with President Trump to say, we've got to look at all these TPS immigrants, We've got a we got a halt. We've got to halt immigration completely from third world countries. And for places where people are trying to kill us or to take down Western civilization. At the end of story, who's on the show? Well, got to talk to Janis Heisel.
Speaker 2: Listen to this.
Speaker 12: She wrote an incredible story about the just abject corruption in Minnesota with respect to these Samadols.
Speaker 2: The fraud, yeah, almost probably billions of dollars.
Speaker 12: But guess what she wrote this article and none other than Newt Gingrich recognized her in the article, saying how comprehensive it was.
Speaker 2: That's a heck of a feather in your cap. So we're going to talk to Janis about that.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna talk to James Bogan about a biological male participating and winning in a woman's strongman competition, if you can believe that.
Speaker 1: And I think calling Tim Waltz retarded as doing a disservice to people who have mental disabilities.
Speaker 12: Funny, I thought the same thing.
Speaker 2: Mike Allen Saturday midday after the show, show A huddles today. Lots of great games.
Speaker 1: Including the Big Game from the Big House, Ohio State Michigan will see you there.
Speaker 2: Service to a