Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst and.
Speaker 3: Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 3: Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: Doubt is the origin of wisdom.
Speaker 2: Going to Yukes, Petros and Money and five seventy LA Sports. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app making our way until seven o'clock. One hour is in the books. Three hours to go big. Thank you, Eric Weddle. Still have Don McLain, still have David Vasse to come, and we still have the PBR Professional bull Riders tickets to give away Toyota Center, Ontario this weekend. Tickets are still available at ticketmaster dot com. Everyone that goes to the PBR raves about the entertainment value so much so that Tim Kates has been sold. He's going out there on Saturday. So you can go Friday and go Saturday. But we'll have pair of tickets. We will have a pair of tickets to give away between now and the end of the show. Uh P, I know you are a big fan of the bull riding, Matt. I love it.
Speaker 4: I just love the whole overall fanfare of the rodeo makes me feel like I'm with my people right right.
Speaker 2: Well, you do like bult buckles. You like rope.
Speaker 4: I rope the wind, I ride the range, I shuck the corn.
Speaker 2: So don't know if that last one was part of they all fit, Matt.
Speaker 4: You don't know because you're not a cowboy like me. You're right, I am not save a horse, Matt ride a cowboy?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what that means, right, that's sex stalk. Were you continue that? No? I did not. I did not know that. I took it like, hey, save a horse, ride a cowboy? Like home on Let's Go. I thought it was like a rickshaw same thing.
Speaker 4: Uh. Are you done promoting the PBR?
Speaker 2: Yes? Oh, I have to decide when to get the tickets away. Well, we give it away today. Yeah, before the end of the show.
Speaker 4: I would say we give them away at four forty five. That would be what I say.
Speaker 5: We got multiple pairs to give away, guys, I just got informed we got multiple pairs. Let's do a pair right now, about right now.
Speaker 2: We'll do one pair right now. We'll do some more later on.
Speaker 4: Show you right, that's right.
Speaker 2: I have a big cowboy type. Everybody, show me your belt buckle.
Speaker 4: You just buttered your last biscuit, Matt talking about my cowboy and being doubtful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've just buttered your last biscuit. I know all about him, mister wrangler.
Speaker 4: Uh it is speaking of wrangling, you know, Matt. Modern day horse theft is grand theft, auto stealing cars. And that brings us to the word.
Speaker 2: Of the day.
Speaker 3: His words, the word of the day.
Speaker 4: You know, we always say when these guys get arrested, we always call him out, and we always say thuggery, and we point our fingers and.
Speaker 2: We judge, judge, judge the rule breakers. You know what I'm saying, Matt, Yeah, thugery, skullduggery.
Speaker 4: But very rarely do we say, you know what, even though we made claims of thuggery and skullduggery. This guy didn't do anything and apparently that's what happened with Pooka Nakua's brother, Samson Nakua remember the story from a few or something, okay, but he did not intend to jack that Lakers suv. According to the LA PD, who said the situation was are you ready.
Speaker 2: Matt misunderstanding giant misunderstanding. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Previously reported, Nikoua's brother Samson and his friend Trey rose Or which sounds like a troublemaker, were arrested in December last month taking a vehicle without the owner's consent, that is stealing, and they drove off in a due Terarrio's BMW without his permission, but the investigation says it was an honest mistake. There will be no charges. The quote that TMZ sports has is Samson Nakua who did slap the s out of that dude in the UFL that fan Samson nicole I mean, DK Metcalf has nothing on Samson Nicula's slapping ability. Samson Nicoula believed the vehicle was his brother's jumand lid the door open. Sus my brother knows everything is okay. Was his brother Poka Nakula's car, and it's the exact same model and vehicle, but only a year or two older and the same color. That's what the LA excuse me, not the L A p D. The LA sheriffs told tm Z.
Speaker 2: There is the the small detail of the keys and how to get it started. Well, you're gonna have to ask. It's not like one whatever g wagon or whatever the hell it was.
Speaker 4: As well, here's the here's the other, here's the other part. He doesn't want to prosecute TERRYO.
Speaker 2: Okay, well there you go, right.
Speaker 4: And Pooka Nakua is about to pop off and have opportunity to become like the Super Bowl MVP. I'm sure there's great odds. Kate's didn't tell us what those odds were. I had to sit there and worry about Caleb William's nail polish color.
Speaker 2: Way more interesting.
Speaker 4: Right, But anyway, that is the story. I don't know how he got the keys, Matt, Okay, this is not I was not the detective on this case.
Speaker 2: If I was, I would be in jail for at least ten years.
Speaker 4: And Puka is just straight and his brother straight. And you know what, Terrio why you leave your car? That guy too, who you think you are? Man, You're going to jail. It's time for the number of the same.
Speaker 3: Number of the day.
Speaker 2: Well, a bit of a selfish number p But not entirely, Matt, You're not a selfish guy. You would never not entirely. Because we are your D three show of record coach Mac klu Kingsman, longtime relationship. We tip our cap to Claremont McKenna as last night against those same klu Kingsmen, they set a school record their basketball program beginning a season undefeated through fifteen games for the first time in the program's history.
Speaker 4: And last night against the klu Kingsman was the fifteenth game.
Speaker 2: Was the fifteenth game and the fifteenth win. And fifteen was the number of the night. As we listened to ol CMC in the background last night.
Speaker 4: This song was written at the Claremont Mining Company. Yeah oh yeah, no doubt composed.
Speaker 2: Their their the Good Doctor's son Brady Carrick is their starting point guard. How about that? And last night set a school record for most assists in a single game, dishing out fifteen times. Wow in the victory over caw Low. Oh turn it up. I'll turn it up for a second. It's more than the learning night trick. What else was it said?
Speaker 1: The moments?
Speaker 2: No, he sends in moments be to am shit. Do you you see him? See for beautiful? Right? I love it. I figured you would.
Speaker 4: I want it.
Speaker 2: No, come on, get it back, keep it going, keep it going. Let's shove these fe One.
Speaker 4: Of my closer friends was the captain of the baseball team there, and we're going to be listening to this together, right.
Speaker 2: The alma mater of CMC is one of the most my CMC.
Speaker 4: So wait, I want to hear about Brady hold on friend, looping.
Speaker 2: Back they it carries on. It's like a three and a half minute song. Keep it going. Now, I think that those might be the only lyrics. So if you want to hear.
Speaker 4: Well, now there's another verse. That night at the Glasshouse, puked up the guts and I confessed about misexuality.
Speaker 2: CMC. Oh verse two, I don't think so know? Oh you've reset it. Tell us about Brady back. The Claremont McKenna fifteen and zero record has come with victories over everyone in the sciac The Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic conference save the University of Redlands, Ah the Dogs. Now the Redlands basketball team is four and one in conference, twelve and two overall. And these two teams will not only tangle in the final game of the regular season on feb eighteen.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be a one of streets.
Speaker 2: Right, but they will also tangle on jan twenty one, one week from yesterday, at the University of Redlands, where their undefeated record could perhaps be challenged.
Speaker 4: I believe that Fred Rogan sun Jack Rogan is in his ninth year and Redlands. He keeps utilizing the nine game red.
Speaker 2: Shirt rule, right, and the Trinidad Shambliss of Division II basketball.
Speaker 4: I would assume the good Doctor's son is dishing out multiple assists per game.
Speaker 2: He is they he I think he if I remember right, I believe when it comes to starts, yes, he has started every game this season. He averages twenty seven minutes, he's shooting fifty six percent from the field, and he is averaging let's see, he's got sixty eight assists, wow, in fifteen games, so doing pretty darn good workout day, not to mention twenty three steals and eleven blocks from the point guard position.
Speaker 4: How about that leave some dimes for the rest of us, Brady.
Speaker 2: So congratulations to the Stags, and I think we can get behind a good Stag mascot on their undefeated start.
Speaker 4: I want to just listen to that song I want.
Speaker 2: To hear when I thought about do I do the do I do it for number? And then I was like, yeah, let me find out if they have it and all the motor and when I heard this stuff like Okay, Petris, it's gonna be this.
Speaker 4: That's all is the Zoos song of my days back at Claremont.
Speaker 1: It's more than the learning night trick shove, the friends and the moments.
Speaker 2: All shame too.
Speaker 6: I am got my tears seem see forever.
Speaker 3: In my heart right now.
Speaker 4: I'm back this pal somehow, I'm back at Clairemont's fs A gal right back canog here with the graveyard.
Speaker 3: So the.
Speaker 2: Very Disney musical ass see it's endemic, man, nothing of this.
Speaker 4: So the cow text songs just a bunch of beeps and boops.
Speaker 7: Rendered my oh god, it's like Pompeg.
Speaker 6: Love we deals all rise Dad, Wow, my shot.
Speaker 2: This is the day tough fact to follow there?
Speaker 4: Oh God, Ronnie, how are you gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try, I'm gonna push through.
Speaker 8: Today's song of the Day is called a ward tour from the year nineteen ninety three courtesy of a tribe called Quest, falling under the category of a Petros and Money show Crunchy Groove Thursday.
Speaker 2: Where award season is upon us, an.
Speaker 8: Exciting time of the year for those nominated, including our own David Bassey, who won the Sports Talk Show of the Year award from the Southern California Sports Broadcasters and Dave certainly enjoying his award tour, shaking hands and kissing babies while finding the time to carve out an award winning edition of off season Dodger Talk that will take place for your listening enjoyment comes seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Roviden Samarron, thanks for the salt congratulations David at our expense. I gotta say that's a hell of a song, right that you'd love it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know that all the young boys led by young mister Karen get together and drink a little ovaltine after the game.
Speaker 2: Been singing that together and harmony very intimidating for the opponent when they do it at mid court after every victory.
Speaker 4: My CMC days. Take that Jack Rogan, you'll lose it. Fair Wilder left, We'll be back. That's some local knowledge.
Speaker 3: Then we've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you.
Speaker 1: Make AM five seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio using Apple car Play or Android Auto.
Speaker 2: Well, we already gave away one pair. We got more pair to give away between now and the end of the show. PBR toad to Center Ontario this weekend. Bull Riders of the PBR buck back into so Cal Friday and Saturday. Get your tickets a Ticketmaster. One week from today, Thursday, January second, Live at the BJ's restaurant in brew House and Irvine three to six pm is where we will be. We have BJ's gift cards, Clipper tickets, a Westinghouse fifty eight inch Zuomo TV Smart TV simplifying streaming, more time watching, less time app hopping. Get your Western Hoouse TV at Best Buy, her Amazon. That is one week from today, three to six pm. Set your schedule. It will be our last live appearance on the BJ's calendar for this football season.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to get out there Matt, and meet the.
Speaker 2: Mayor, Larry Agrin, mayor of Irvine. I was hanging out with the mayor today, Matt. Yeah, I had a friend who was there. Send me the opening of your MC duties. Very exciting, Matt. How long? How long were you working out there?
Speaker 4: It's time for local knowledge, his local knowledge.
Speaker 3: He's very knowledgeable on the things that you come up with, as far as for with your knowledge or.
Speaker 4: What your knowledge is, Matt. Today, though David Vassay's very pointed remarks have hurt me, I have to be honest. His cousin gave me the hookup, and I was asked to be the MC of the State of the Port event put on by the Port of Long Beach, the biggest and busiest port in the whole world. Now to say this is a step up, Matt, from my usual local hosting duties at the San Pedro Sports Walk on the deck of the USS Iowa, some might say, as an understatement.
Speaker 2: I'm counting in the shot that my friend Nick sent me no less than fifteen lights thirty feet in the air above you to give you the proper lighting for your introduction.
Speaker 4: Two thousand people there for a lunch. Yeah, It was in the Long Beach Convention Center, you know the one painted with the whales by Wyland that's all faded out. Yeah, where the Ice Doves used to play, used to have the Bob Marley Day concerts there. It was the state of the Port address. I met the mayor t Rex at a Covina, Rex Richardson, and he explained to me, Matt, that Long Beach has a more agile governance than the Los Angeles City aka the Port of San Pedro, so they can do things with the Long Beach port that Pedro can't do because they're tied to the city of Los Angeles, which is why Long Beach figured out a way to raise up. In fact, they just built a whole new Henry Ford Bridge so that most modern muscular, gigantic ships could get under the bridge and unload their stuff in Long Beach and sam Pedro has the sad though it was very innovative in its time, Vincent Thomas Bridge, which Yeah bridge. Sadly though, Matt, it is too low, so in sam Pedro we too.
Speaker 2: Low for the tall ships to get under.
Speaker 4: The two ports are the exact same size, but the Pedro side can't fit the big puzzo ships some bitch like the LBC Harbor, which makes me sad. I made a point of this difference in bridge clearing during my speech.
Speaker 2: I assumed it was received warmly.
Speaker 4: Very warmly received by the Long big hit with the Long Beach people, because they are very proud of the high of their bridge.
Speaker 2: And we too low.
Speaker 4: I also met the port commissioner, president and all the different commissioners. The president's Frank Kelowna, and I introduced him to and they had a music video for their house band and the port. They have a house band, Matt it should be Preston Smith and the Smiths, but it's not.
Speaker 2: It's unfortunate. Perhaps in the future. It's called the TEUs, which stands for to you.
Speaker 4: A TEU, I found out is a twenty foot equivalent unit, which is what those twenty foot long standard shipping containers that everything comes in and out. So the band is called the TEUs. And the CEO of the whole port thing was in the band playing the guitar and they cover modern English melt with you, but instead it was it was grow with you.
Speaker 2: I'll stop the world and grow with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, We'll stop the world and grow with you because their port is growing, because their bridge is so high like the Tower of Babel. When the video started, I left because Great Sports Talk was calling, and now I'm here. I also learned a couple other things about Long Beach, Matt. If you're interested, you might have seen this because you live literally a stone's throwaway, yes, from the city of Long Beach. But did you know that Long Beach is getting a minor league baseball team, a new one for that pioneer Independent League thing?
Speaker 2: I did see that.
Speaker 4: Did you know that the people voted for a name.
Speaker 2: I did see that as well. Did you see what the name was? I believe there are two, which is interesting.
Speaker 4: Well, the name was the coast that beat out out.
Speaker 2: The parents, right? And I was a parent fan?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well of course you were. You're a big parentally, right. Who everybody knows Matt's favorite song is in Communicado.
Speaker 2: I have it on repeat. Uh?
Speaker 4: And I was explained uh this by the mayor today, Matt, of all people. I mean, I don't have the Long Beach papers right in my face like you do, mayor in your back pocket. I mean I got a mayor ride in my face, t Rex. But the people of Long Beach voted for the Coast, but because Warren g a former Petrosen money guest in person a part owner of the team, they're also going to be called the Regulators, Like how the Long Beach State Baseball team is also called the Dirt bg.
Speaker 2: Oh. I guess there's precedent there to have two names, right.
Speaker 4: So they're gonna have two names. Also in super cool Long Beach Rap News and maybe you saw this or didn't see it, Matten. So basically everybody in Long Beach has two names. Just to recap. You got lb the pronoun shark, right, and the forty nine ers. You've got the Dolphins and the Vikings at LBCC, and you have the Dirt.
Speaker 2: Bats Danny the Dolphin for diversity inclusivity.
Speaker 4: Danny, I thought, but yeah, what I mean, you know, I mean degree to disagree? Yeah, hey whatever. And the other one is vip Records. You know the vip Records sign that Snoop Dogg did his videos on and was a real famous from the Long Beach Rap movement of the nineties on P and MLK. They put two hundred and forty thousand dollars into it for renovations and another one hundred seventy thousand dollars they paid to VIP Records for five years of a licensing fee, and they're going to put up the sign at a Long Beach park. That's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I want to ask t Rex, like, really a half a million dollars for the VIP Records sign, Like I could get you Felix Chevrolet and Cadillac for fifty G's brother.
Speaker 2: You know if I remember right, because when my daughter used to practice at Long Beach CC, that's where it was. It was right there. So they're moving it from there to the VIP Records is closed. Oh so they've got a safe sign. Whatever occupies that building.
Speaker 4: The sign has been way beat up. They still own the building, although it's not open as a record store. The plan is in a few years, which is why I guess they haven't only a lease for five years. The plan, from what I understand, is after the five years, they're going to move the sign back to the v P building and by then they will have achieved their dream of turning it into a rap music museum. Okay, what's so funny? Well, you know, well I can see why I think it's funny. Because you're the you're the you're the guy that laughed at the Lebron James Museum.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that is at the Malls dound it if it's still open, you know, in order to keep them all open these days, we need an anchor tenant. What do you guys got Do we have astrom sounds an anger sounds right? Do we have Williams Sonoma? No? I could not get Williams up Pottery barn, could not get them. What did you get? How about the Lebron James Draft Museum? That would be it's got a sweet ass suit from his draft. I would just ask this question, who is going to make visiting a rap museum part of their you know agenda when visiting southern California?
Speaker 4: You know, Matt, you know what, There's like a tour that takes you around Compton and shows you all the stuff nw A was talking about, shows you the stop sign from Boys in the Hood in South Central.
Speaker 2: And people go on that. Yeah, Okay, yeah, maybe I guess My second question would take you.
Speaker 4: To Watts Tower so you can act out the scene with Denzel Washington and John Liftgow and Rick.
Speaker 2: You want to go to Lakama You're gonna go over and over again, the Getty over and over again.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm gonna go see the Little Baby display at VIP Records Museum.
Speaker 2: You want to do that more than one, So I'm gonna go see dam exhibits.
Speaker 4: There's a Juice World memorial at the VIP Records on.
Speaker 2: M JJ fadd touring exhibit coming home this week. If you'd like to come check.
Speaker 4: Out what I'm saying. I mean, we would advertise and if I got.
Speaker 2: To write, you know what, you're right. I think you're right. We're all five.
Speaker 4: You know you might be right, though, Matt, and five years they might say, hey, give us another hundred GE's for the licensing.
Speaker 2: We don't have this we sum open yet. That could happen. It's good.
Speaker 4: So what part of the local knowledge, Matt, do you find the most interesting? A the w too low Bridge situation, because one is high and one is low, and one is going to make money and one is going to be downtrodden with their d and the dust like we always aw heart zampedro.
Speaker 2: B.
Speaker 4: And more importantly, the VIP Record sign right or C, which is the which you already knew, the Long Beach Coast Slash Regulators baseball team.
Speaker 2: I think, judging by my reaction or the TEU, there you go, you just hit it. I think learning that the twenty foot equivalent I believe you called it unit equivalent unit as the TEU, and that is the standard measurement for the shipping containers.
Speaker 4: That's what those containers are called.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. Now, let's say that what I enjoyed.
Speaker 4: Let's say you have a real long, puzzo type of product that's not going to fit in a TEU. I do not know what those other containers look like, right. That's if they hire me back next year to speak to the port again.
Speaker 2: Matt. That's the question you could pose. If it's not a TU, then what is it? Right? You know, if you've got a real big poots, you could call it your TU and they'd be like, why you call this thing your t equivalent equivalent? Take that thing on, huh, nobody look at this anyway.
Speaker 4: I hate to transition. I hate to transition. That to thank Dave's lovely cousin Eleanor Torres for booking.
Speaker 2: Me and likely listening to this segment. It was It was a lot of fun. It was great to be at the port.
Speaker 4: You know, Matt, I gotta be honest, spending all that time in San Peter on the other side of the port and knowing what they got going at Long Beach is better, and then sitting there and being told by two thousand Long Beach types just how much better they are than pedro Ye left a little sting when I was going back over the Vincent Thomas Bridge to get old.
Speaker 2: I'm just happy that you didn't eat one of those chocolate pretzels from a sweaty hand before you went on stage and had some real issues in your guts.
Speaker 4: Why is it wasn't a game show man? If those guys got high and that wasn't the Where do the secret textiles? So coming up next?
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener. Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 3: There's Rogan and Rondee.
Speaker 2: That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with.
Speaker 1: David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to a five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: That shrow some money in five sebody LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app MC for hire. Petros Papadiga's just delivered hosting duties in front of two thousand of the convention center. You want to talk about a cross section of society, state of the port? My god, ditch diggers, high rollers, generations of port workers. Is not an easy crowd. Not an easy crowd. No, it's not performed valiantly. How do you know? I had my guy Nick there, he said it was great. My god. I'll take his I'll take his advice. He's a man that raises hundreds of thousands for one of the hospitals there in Long Jeesus.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of rich people, you know, people at the port. You know, a lot of stuff coming in and out. Movie comes in and out of here his air, what is it?
Speaker 2: Tim?
Speaker 5: How do you go back to San Pedro? How do you go pick up a sandwich in San Pedro? Take the kids somewhere in San Pedro, drive around the streets of San Pedro where you're from. And the Papadeka's name has got so much value.
Speaker 4: I house there the sports walk situation.
Speaker 5: I mean to go across the bridge to another one San Pedro.
Speaker 4: People there was Tim McCosker was there, the representative that.
Speaker 2: Were they wearing a disguise like a mustache.
Speaker 4: Jannis Han was there, the La County Uh supervisor whatever.
Speaker 2: Your dear friend. Yeah, so you say hi, No, I was speaking. I'm just saying, how do you go back.
Speaker 4: That I had to come and do great sports talk.
Speaker 5: It just must be tough to, you know, take the kids to go get something to eat and people are looking at you side. I like, there's the guy who went across the bridge.
Speaker 2: Look at him. Let's be nice. Huh.
Speaker 4: Ever goes across everybody, and San Pedro goes across the bridge every day to work on the docks.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? I would just say, if you're even.
Speaker 4: Left Burdbank, stop talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair point. I won't cross the four or five. Yeah, next times, Zoo drive. Let me know, that's a good shortcut, by the way, with the new construction there on the one thirty four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to get Zoo drive and then it whips you.
Speaker 2: Back around exactly, zoo it up. Travel.
Speaker 4: Then I like to say when I'm coming back around, I like to say I'm coming back around again.
Speaker 2: This is for the people of the sun. I would like to ask though, Yeah, because you do live on the hill. You know, your days of living in Pedro have been left behind.
Speaker 4: But to those people there, you know my family represents San Pedro.
Speaker 2: I understand. But I mean when you lived in Pedro, you were a regular at the busy bee and I bubbled.
Speaker 4: With the bee a little bit. But I'm known more at the saloon.
Speaker 2: I do. Yeah, this is Samwich saloon. I would say, might want to give about a month. I'd say give it about a month. Let's let the dust settle. Let's let this thing of you delivering the in the State of the Port. I heard what you said at the State of the Port Petros, right. I wanna imagine those long shortmen. You know, you think you're just going in to get a sandwich. You're looking down into your bag to see if those sour cream and onion chips were thrown in there, and right up the side of your head. Man, man, I think this guy sums it up perfectly.
Speaker 3: You go back up on the hill, right.
Speaker 4: I mean the longshoremen get deployed at any They work for all of the different shipping companies, so they could be dispatched anywhere in long beach or San Pedro doesn't make a difference. A closure of the bridge to raise it up.
Speaker 2: Would affect them. But that's got That's neither here nor there. As far as I'm concerned, I've got nothing to do with that. Probably not, probably not.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 2: We make it easy.
Speaker 4: Who was talking about the Freedom train? That seems like a ham handed attempt by a bunch of old white men to see.
Speaker 2: Progressive Listen, and I know this maybe I don't know, if I don't know if this makes me It probably does. We're pretty petty guys, But you did bring up something that that did peak my interest. Did it get up underneath your skin? No, didn't get up on my skin. It just peaked my interest.
Speaker 4: Was it about the board bridge or the Vincent Thomas Bridge?
Speaker 2: No, about the Freedom Train? About the train? Yeah, well there's a.
Speaker 4: Lot of you know, there's a lot of railway action out of the port man. You know, they low them trains.
Speaker 2: You pointed out, Hey, you know the funny thing about the story in front of that crowd, or that anecdote in front of that crowd is freedom train is probably like a kid's book. They just didn't call it the underground railroad. They call it freedom the freedom Okay, so there you go. There is no such thing. Really, No, it's the underground rail I'm around railroad. But we like to call it here in the leagues today freedom train. But here's the great here's another great part of all of this. In fact, the Freedom train is trending right now. There is like you said, freedom train didn't exist. Yeah, freedom train existed. It existed in the nineteen forties as a touring train after World War Two for the American Heritage Foundation to put the nation, you know, to get the nation to come together.
Speaker 4: That's a different freedom train though, right that wasn't the train to freedom, not the of.
Speaker 2: Which he was speaking. But right now they're trying. There is a group that is trying to restore and have the Freedom Train for our two hundred and fiftieth anniversary make its way through the contiguous forty eight of the United States right now. And it's like a big to do about signing and push for this and let's get the steam train going. Oh, let's get the Freedom trained back on the track.
Speaker 4: Hopefully they'll give us about sixty or seventy tickets to that event. This text says I was seventy would be nice. I was a history major at UCLA and I've never heard of Columbus. That's it quotes because they're talking about.
Speaker 2: That's not sure.
Speaker 5: I've never heard of the Freedom train. And by the way, at UCLA they probably don't talk about Columbus anymore.
Speaker 2: There, what do you mean, it's probably it's probably like that. Point cats did say history major, not geography major. I'd like to point that out as well. Hell, Columbus is not the bad guy there in history.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he brought syphilis to the Genitalia.
Speaker 2: Safe to say he was a horrible guy.
Speaker 4: What do you mean little syphilis for that native Genitalia raypeing Pilla Jean genocide.
Speaker 2: That's what everybody did. It's a different time. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, look, if he wasn't gonna do it, the Portuguese are gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Okay. I want your silks, I want your gold.
Speaker 4: So what the Portuguese did to Brazil? This is this is from This is from Isabelle. It says high p don't forget to mention the money about be coming next Thursday to our remote a week from today and don't forget to tell him.
Speaker 2: That we talked last night. So is somebel's coming to the remote?
Speaker 4: She teased it, and then I said, okay, well I can send somebody to get you. And then she backed up.
Speaker 2: And was like, no, it's I don't like to be out after dark. It gets dark early. And I was like, oh, okay then.
Speaker 4: So, but you know, I think that she really just wants to talk to me about you. You know, she calls me and says something and I go, yeah, really, and then she says, what do you think Matt would say about that?
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, you know that doesn't have anything to do with me, you know, like call him ask him, right, And.
Speaker 4: Then she says, you know, do you think Matt's going to be interested to know that we talked? And I'm like, you know what, I'm tired of hearing about Matt. This conversation is not about Matt. I want to be part of this conversation.
Speaker 2: I want you to talk to me about me. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So she kept mentioning you, and so I told her yesterday, I said, why don't you just call Matt? You know he does Yeah, I know That's why I told her. She said, I'm gonna. All you do is want to talk to me about Matt.
Speaker 2: When she called the White you know carriers in the car and they talked for a minute and then she was like, can I have your number? And you know that kind of thing started. So I was like, ah, I know if I talked to her, can she be like, Hey, where's Carrie? Can I have her number? And it's you know, just like she does with Dave Roberts and.
Speaker 4: She wants Dave. Well, so what give it? I gave her Dave Roberts number. They're very close.
Speaker 2: Did you give her your wife's number? Sure? Who cares? Look at everybody? Everybody's never doesn't matter to me. Tell it.
Speaker 4: I gotta feel that call, and I enjoy it. But I'm tired about answering questions about what do you think Matt would say? I don't know what Matt would say. I just did four hours of radio with him. Fair, it's time for a break and we'll be right back. We will do three things Thursday, we'll get to Don mcclan, we'll do.
Speaker 2: David Vasse, and then we'll have a whole other hour and then.
Speaker 4: I'll feel the call by Isabelle and says what do you think about what Matt? It'll be over by that. Tell Matt we talked. Stop trying to make Matt jealous with me. Stop using me as a tool.
Speaker 2: Wait till I pick her up in Anaheim and bring her talk about scoring big? Is he points?
Speaker 4: Showing up with Isabelle on your arm, with that Rolex on your hand?
Speaker 2: How you like that? Huh? Be the envy of every man there? Hello everyone, Look who I am.
Speaker 4: Do you guys know I was gonna come with Isabelle? Probably not?
Speaker 2: Probably not. I'll be right back. Sean Payton