Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 2: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers the Damn Cats.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this hot Thursday night here in Los Angeles. As your Dodgers said, sixty eight and forty on this season, first place atop the NL West. They have an eleven and a half game lead in the division over the Diamondbacks. Going into play tonight after split in the first two games of this series with the Seattle Mariners, they go for the series win to night with Roki Sasaki on the mountain. First pitch from Uniclow Field the Dodgers Stadium is coming up at seven ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to right here on Maronggo Casino Dodgers on deck. We're gonna hear from Eric Lower. I want to start he had last night. More on that coming up in just a second. We got the pregame thought of the manager, Dave Roberts. Certainly a lot to hear from from the manager is we found out that Showy Otani is not in the lineup tonight, still bothered by his sword left knee. More on that throughout the pregame show. David Vass will join us throughout the hour. We got your Dodgers' magical moment. Charlie Steiner stops byke Kirston Watson from.
Speaker 2: Sports tot La. We got your Otani rewind.
Speaker 5: In just a few minutes, we'll head out to the gallopin Ford Broadcast booth, and here from Tim Neverett and Rick Monday. Well, last night, Lower with another great outing as the Dodgers line up carried them to a win.
Speaker 2: Eric Lower got the start.
Speaker 5: Ever since he came over from the Blue Jays, all he does is win. He's helped the Dodgers win every single game that he has started. Lower six shutout innings. He allowed us one hit while striking out four along the way. The Dodgers' offense, meanwhile, gave Eric Lauer a lead to work with.
Speaker 2: In the first Andy pa.
Speaker 3: Has another one two pitch, Piz pulls it in the air left field, hooking towards the short wall.
Speaker 1: This boy is got a home run. Andy Paz.
Speaker 3: Behind in the count one and two puts the Dodgers up one nothing in the first did wait a long time.
Speaker 2: They see a swing like that? His eighteenth home run.
Speaker 1: Of the season.
Speaker 5: Andy pie has with a solo bomb. Must feel good. He had been homerless than fifty seven prior playing appearances. That is the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less Dodgers one nothing lead and the third Dodgers got after Seattle starter Emerson Hancock again, Otani and Pie haz with back to back singles that brought up Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 3: So Dodgers on the corners is only one out. In the third inning, Freddy Freeman single his first time him up. How about now? The first pitch from Hancock shatters his bat. Brown ball swooping on the left side and Wilson can't handle it. Old Tani comes in to score and Freeman reaches with a broken bat infield single, two nothing.
Speaker 6: Dodgers perfect way to put a bet out of commission. You break the bat, you get a base hit, and you're knocking a run.
Speaker 5: That broken bat almost went as far as the baseball infield single for Freddie Freeman show Hey scores Dodgers a two to nothing lead, and the fourth Dodgers did it again. Loaded the bases with two out, Andy Paie has an infield single, scored Mookie Betts. Dodgers had three to nothing lead into the six, little two out, Magic Dalton rushing a single to ride. Then show Hey Otani double the left center field rushing scored all the way from first and the Dodgers had a four to nothing lead. Eric Lauer went the six shutout, and he's turned it over to the bullpen. Alex Vessia put up his zero in the seventh. Ten Or Scott got the eighth and gave up a run. Dodgers' lead was forty one. The ninth belonged to Edwin d Is after missing three months with an elbow injury. Diez gave up a couple of hits, including an RBI singlele that was it. Dodgers go on and beat the Mariners last night four to two. Eric lower the winnings now five and Zeros a Dodger. They are undefeated in his eight starts. Edwin Diaz gets the same. How about the Dodgers top of the lineup, a Toni Pajz Freeman. They combined to go seven for eleven with the home run, driving all four runs with the win. The Dodgers now sixty eight and forty on this season. Tonight the rubber game of this three game series. Rookie Sasaki on the mound. First pitch is seven ten and with more. Let's head out to the gaping Ford broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverett and Rick Monday. Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: It is a beautiful night here at Unico Field at Dodgers Stadium for the rubber game between the Dodgers and the Seattle Mariners. Mariners took Game one, Dodgers came back, took Game two last night, and tonight Roki Sasaki, who has been pitching quite well lately, we'll try to put together three solid outings in a row. He's four and five with a four se one ERA. He will go opposite right hander Brian wo Wo is seven and seven with a four to three seven earn roun average. And of course the big story tonight is when you look at the Dodger lineup, it's a familiar name at the top of the lineup, but not the one you regularly see, which is show Hey Otani a sore knee. The Dodgers have decided tonight is a good night to give him a rest. Dave Roberts saying he might be available off the bench later on. We will see. He might just be saying that for the Mariner's benefit, but at the same time Otani will be off tonight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And they said, look, there's nothing to be that overly concerned about, although it be anytime you have the soreness and you've already had an injection in that it's something they're keeping their eye upon. And they said, hey, maybe in that starting lineup tomorrow the first game of the series as the busted rend soxs will coming to town. And what a ballgame last night and what another start last night. Tim by Eric lower All. Hour has done since he has joined the Dodgers. He's five and zero in the era of two point nine six. Any of those nine games, he's made eight starts, and he has given his ball club an opportunity to win every time he has taken them out now wearing a Dodger uniform.
Speaker 7: And they have one every time he's taking them out, So there's a good correlation there with what Eric Lauer has been able to do. He has been really one of the great surprises of this season as the Dodgers added him late and he came over after struggling a bit with Toronto, and he has been nothing short of dynamite here with the Dodgers as they look for their sixty ninth win of the season. They start to night eleven and a half up on the Arizona Diamondbacks. For the Mariners, they are two behind in the American League West after the Texas Rangers lost this afternoon to the Tampa Bay Rays. So the Dodgers sixty eight and forty currently. Tommy Edmund will lead off tonight, so the switch hitter who's hitting three point thirty will have the honors at the top of the order, and at.
Speaker 6: The bottom of the order we see welcome back Key k Hernandis will get the start in left field. They Oscar her Naus will service the designated hitter in tonight's B game, so rushing the band in the eighth spot. It's gonna be nice to see Kick Hernanez because we know the agony he went through coming off the injured list to begin with after the elbow surgery and very quickly got injured again. So it's been a long long time for Kick Hernanez get back into the swing of things. The Dodgers said, well, they can open up another opportunity because they're adding more depth. They can play the outfield, which he is tonight, can play the infield as well.
Speaker 7: His big league number is while there's not a lot of depth there, he's four for four with a home run and two doubles, so he's done well when he's been able to play at the big league level. He hopes to continue that tonight. Tascar Hernandez will be the designated hitter. He'll be at seventh, with Dalton Rushing catching and doing the doing the duties behind the plate hitting eight. But Will Smith. Some news on Will He's been lifting some weights, he's been getting his cardio done. He's still quite a ways off from baseball activities on the field, but the Dodgers are optimistic they're going to get Will Smith back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm and talking about back. Was Edwin Diaz make his return off the injured list last night. A little bit rusty, he closed out that ninth inning, went the inning one run. On a couple of days since velocity was fine at ninety seven miles an hour. Blake Snell threw a minor league game and a rehab last night. He's got to check off on a very good move we saw yesterday. Tyler glassdown also throwing live here on the mound early this afternoon as well. So Will Smith is some way behind, and he'll have probably a rehab to some extent and probably somewhat elongated, but at least some troops are beginning to get healthy in return.
Speaker 7: In the maintime, the Dodgers will try to find a way to get some runs off of right hander Brian wo tonight as the Mariners take on the Dodgers in the rubber game of this three game set.
Speaker 5: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we count you down the first pitch. Dodger fans get that game day meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 2: Order your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and.
Speaker 5: Mojo's right now at shakys dot com. Coming up here before first pitch you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts here from Eric Lauer, DV checks in. Of course, throughout the hour, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Charlie Steiner will stop by, got your Otani rewind and Kirsten Watson when we come back. As we lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Mariners, thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kasi's the back to back Roll Series champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Now, this is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Mariners on this Thursday night.
Speaker 2: Rookie Sazaki, Brian Wu. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seventen.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 3: Another two to two Otani with a bullet base hit through the right side. He's thinking two out of the box and nope, He's just gonna settle for a one out single and smartly so you'd feel back. Nobody holding rushing gets a head start.
Speaker 2: The three to two.
Speaker 3: Pitch ran into the left center field gap and that's gonna one hop off the wall. Rushing way home really wait late RBI double for show Hey and the Dodgers up parting.
Speaker 6: Nothing and with the count three and two, rushing on the move and for Otani just split the gap in left center field.
Speaker 2: Show.
Speaker 5: Hey, Otani goes two for three with the RBI double as Dalton Rushing came all the way around to score. He reached space three times, including a walk. Now hitting two eighty nine on the season with a three ninety four on base percentage. Dodgers with a four to two win over the Marritags last night.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 5: Hey, Kirston now joins us brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get that car donated is call him right now and they can come pick it up tomorrow. That easy donate now at Carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with Okay, all right, the big news Kirston Show, Hey Otani not in the lineup.
Speaker 2: The knees barking a little bit, just.
Speaker 8: A little bit, and we know that recently, show how Tani spoke with the media and it was the first time he actually spoke with the media sense having that injection before the start of the All Star break, and he shared that, you know, when he threw his bullpen in Philadelphia, when he came out of it, just not only was the bicep kind of feeling a little bit off, but his knee was a little bit tight here and there. He's still been adamant that he's not feeling it as much when he is in the batter's box or when he's running the bases. But you know, he was honest, he's not at one hundred percent just yet, and so it's going to take some time and everyone is very aware of that. But he's not in the lineup today, and Dave Roberts was saying it was because nothing specific happened. He did have a two hit game, even if you look at the last two he's had five hits, and so he's been on bass a lot, He's been very aggressive on the base path and seems like something might have just kind of irritated a little bit. So we had treatment yesterday and the training staff shared that they believe that this would be a good time maybe just to give him a little bit of a bloat not be in the lineup. So Dave was honest, he said that show, hey, someone who always won to be out there. That's a similar theme amongst the guys on this team. But they decided to take this decision and give him the day. But they feel confident that he should be back out there tomorrow. They're just going to have to find ways to If he's honest and say something's not right, then they're gonna give him that day, allowing him to just kind of recover and reset.
Speaker 5: Last night show, hal Tani two for three on base three times the top three in the Dodgers lineup, was seven for eleven and drove in all four runs and included in that top three, as Andy Paie has is maybe turning things around here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, coming out of the All Star break, it was a little bit slower, his average was under two hundred, but yesterday was a big day for him, not only just the home run, but using all parts of the field. When I spoke to him, whether it was last night or even when we spoke to him this afternoon, he was sharing that, you know, coming off of that three city road trip plus the All Star Game that he was a part of, there's a little bit of fatigue that he felt like he was feeling, and so just you know, obviously he's a little bit of a grind in that bets and just trying to get things going. But he has found just whether it's been talking with his teammates and now that he is new year three at the big leagues, like he is put himself in a better position that he can kind of get back on track a little bit quicker. And so you know that if you look at the results aut night, that was a really good example of it, you know, a slower road trip, but to come back home and to get things going pretty immediately going up against a guy in Hancock who he had never seen before. So you know, he felt he had a good game plan. He felt like he was just kind of attacking at the right pitches and getting what he wanted.
Speaker 1: And so he's hoping to build on that.
Speaker 8: But he did share that you know, yesterday was a day in which it was really good signs. The swing felt really good, and ultimately he felt really good. So now the hope is just continuing to build and he feels in a much better position than compared to years past when he would take a little bit more time for him to make the right.
Speaker 1: Adjustment to get going again.
Speaker 2: When he's been in a.
Speaker 3: Little bit slump.
Speaker 2: We'll see they could continue it tonight. Kirsten. We appreciate. We'll check you with you after the game.
Speaker 5: Still to come here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper to this pitching matchup David vat Sego's one all while with Eric, but up next we'll get you an injury reporting and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Mariners on this Thursday night. I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 5: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck in ten US on this Thursday night, as we leads up to first pitch Dodgers and Mariners final game of this three game series, Marogo Casino Resort and Spy Grand Slam for a good times.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 5: Presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Blake Trying and Tyler Glass now both through to hitters that is good news. Will Smith, is Tim alluded to, is progressing, working out and starting to do baseball activities, but it's a slow ramp up. Blake Snell, recovering from elbow surgery is made now three starts, doing four innings yesterday. David Assay has got more on snell Zilla coming up in.
Speaker 2: Just a little bit. All right, let's tap back out to the ravine and check out the Dodgers skipper questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: This is more of just the soreness of the knee yesterday, went in there for some treatment and then so I think that talking to the training staff, it was just best to let's just give him a day swinging the bat really well, but just so it again doesn't turn into something that it shouldn't that we can prevent. That's kind of the thought going into yesterday. I expected to play today, but then I appreciate him saying that there's some soreness to then allow me to make a decision what's what is in his best interests, and that's what we're doing.
Speaker 8: You managed with a little the differently the sure tous in general to help protect him.
Speaker 1: And he's got I'm act his full two way self.
Speaker 8: But do you see trying to potentially get him some.
Speaker 1: More time here and there right now as.
Speaker 9: He does, try to get him to see I think it's more of just again, I appreciate the communication. And you know, I can't read minds, the training staff can't read mine, So just for him to communicate that then allow us for us to make a decision. So you know, after tonight's day off, he could come back and feel refresh and play the next you know, call it four or five before the next off day, or feel after three games that I'm a little sore again and need a blow. And so for me, all I ask is the honest communication with him. And again that's what he did, and that's helpful.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: There's the latest on show he Otani, who again is not in the lineup tonight with this sore left name. Well, we continue here on Wrongo be Causino, Dodgers on Deck, the very latest with David Basse. It leads up to Dodgers and Mariners, the rubber game of this three games set.
Speaker 2: I'm tim Kate's with the.
Speaker 5: Back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Mariners.
Speaker 5: Rookie Sasaki on the mound, the rubber game of this three game series. Dodgers Baseball, brought to by Alpateo, born in La Made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces and salsas and hot sauces right to your plate every single time.
Speaker 2: El Poto Gourmet and a.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV Blake Snell. What's the latest? How soon could we see him return of this rotation?
Speaker 4: Well, when I got to the ballpark, I saw Sneil Zilla in his hoodie. He had just finished running the parking lot at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 1: That's his root.
Speaker 4: After start day yesterday he passed with flying colors. I told you the Dodgers wanted him to get twelve outs to even have a consideration for Snell's next start to be with the Dodgers instead of a second or third and final rehab start, which would have required him to go five innings and seventy five pitches. Now there's a consideration on having Snell make that start with the Dodgers, depending on what happens or doesn't happen with their starting rotation on Monday and the trade deadline. So he had nine strikeouts allowed, one hit, and four shutout innings. He got the twelve outs that he needed to to leave the door open that his next start may be here with the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: David is brought to by Ford Summer Sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year. Ford, the official vehicle of Major League Baseball. You mentioned it the trade deadline Monday, three o'clock Pacific.
Speaker 2: What are you hearing?
Speaker 4: Well, what I'm hearing, Tim, is that the Tigers are calling up one of the top prospects in baseball and he's an outfielder. Talking to somebody that I know with the Tigers, they told me they are looking for pitching and not necessarily a deals centered around position players or outfielders like the Dodgers have a surplus up they're looking for pitching, So it feels like a lot of people have put out information that's not accurate for what the Tigers are actually looking for in a return for Trek Scouobel And as I have mentioned on Dodger Talk a couple of different times, what I have gathered is that the Tampa Bay Rays, who currently have the best record in the American League, are going to be aggressive at the trade deadline, and School Bowl is one of their targets as well. They have a very deep farm system, they're trying to get a new stadium in Tampa. They have a very good chance to win the American League this year if they get another bat and another starter, and that's what they're looking for, all right, Dave.
Speaker 5: Final thing, Brian Wu who the Dodgers are gonna see tonight, a right hander twenty six years old.
Speaker 2: What are they gonna see in him tonight?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure you know if this was mentioned in any of the dissection of the pitching matchup tonight, Tim, But Brian Wu is six to zero at home with an elray of two to twenty. Have you seen this away from Safeco Field? He's one in seven with an elray of six fifty two and eleven starts. As our guy Rick Monday would say, that's a recipe for rockets Red Glair.
Speaker 5: Tonight we shall see the ball was bumping out of the park a couple of nights ago and last night as well. We'll find out Dave great stuff will check back you with you just a little bit still to come here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, Dave's gonna go one on one with Eric Lauer. How good has that left tender been for the Dodgers since coming over in a trade for cash from the Toronto Blue Jays and gave up on him, Dodgers retuned him and got him back. Now he's undefeated, the Dodgers undefeated when he pitches, he has been absolutely fantastic. We'll dived to this pitching magic more those kind of numbers that DV just had on Brian Wu. But up next your Dodgers magical moment. Don't you go anywhere Dodgers and the Mariners. I'm Tim Katsis is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers at Mariners, one more time rubber game of this three games set in Rookie Sasaki Brian Wu.
Speaker 2: The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up, It's seventen.
Speaker 1: I do care.
Speaker 6: Hot Dog?
Speaker 1: Who wants that hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Now we go back three seasons.
Speaker 5: Twenty twenty three, September sixteenth, Dodgers in Seattle take it on the Mariners. Dodgers one game away from clinching yet another divisional title.
Speaker 10: Caldick oh for four tonight, swinging a ground ball to second base, bets to Freeman. The Dodgers win it six to two. The Dodgers decade of dominance continues. They're the best in the West for the tenth time in the past eleven years. The Dodgers are the champions of the National League Western Division again. They beat the Mariners tonight six to two. The Chimps and the best of the West.
Speaker 5: Against Dodgers Collins their tenth divisional title in eleven years. Back in twenty twenty three, beating the Mariners on that September Night, six to two and eleven innings. The Dodgers in twenty twenty three would run away with the division and win one hundred games. This Hoffey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 2: Hoffey hot Dogs, Local and so great.
Speaker 5: When we continue here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with Charlie's Donner. You just heard him on the call back in twenty twenty three. We'll check in with Charlie next as we leads up to Dodgers and Mariners on this Thursday. I'm Tim Kates at the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Mariners getting ready to square off for Rookie Sasaki and Brian Wu the pitching Man Chump. It's time now for the Verizon startup is we have thirty five minutes away from the start of the game.
Speaker 2: Mount Verizon.
Speaker 5: You can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so cal for Verizon store today, we welcome in Charlie Steinner.
Speaker 11: All right, Tim, It's the rubber game of the three game series the Dodgers and the Marrigers. It's gonna be Sasaki and wo having had it. Dodgers sixty eight and forty a game in front of Milwaukee for the best record in the National League. They've won six of ten, eleven of twenty and on and on.
Speaker 6: Agos.
Speaker 11: Marrigers, at fifty three and fifty six, are in third place in the American League West, two and a half behind Texas and two and a half out of the wildcard breeze. In the American League Wildcard, one of eight teams are within two and a half games. Yankees, Red Sox would come in tomorrow Texas, Cleveland, Houston, Minnesota, Baltimore and seaapp And as the Dodgers get ready for game number one hundred and nine, Top Store going into the game, mo is someone who's not going to be playing tonight show? Hey Otani?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was interesting to see the lineup as it was sent out to this a little bit early this afternoon, and then listening to Dave Roberts a couple of hours prior to game time as he met with the media, and the first thing that Dave has said all along is that they have a great line of communication between Sho Heeotani how he feels, because you know, the dual purpose both as a pitcher and as a hitter is really a heavy, heavy workload. Everybody knows about. Okay, the bicep has been a little bit sore. He's had some swelling and an injection in the left knees. So, as it turns out today a meeting the minds along with the medical team, decides to look the knee has a little soreness. They believe it's going to be better tonight to just go ahead and rest it if possible. He's going to be available, and they expect him at least at the get go today in the press conference that they represented, they expect him to be available for Game one of that series against the Red Sox here tomorrow night.
Speaker 11: And most importantly for Game one of the postseason, whenever that begins and wherever it might take place. Last night, once again, erk Wlauer was sensational. The Dodgers wanted four to two, no runs, one hit, four strikeouts, six innings, and just eighty seven pitches, so he personally is five and zero and the Dodgers are nine and oh. When he starts and then they're talking about adding pitching, where.
Speaker 6: Does that leave Well, it leaves him in consideration for what he has done. He has been just an absolute breath of fresh air. And not only five and oh, as you mentioned, is era in that period of time with the Dodgers is under three. And you know, you look at the nine games he's been in eight of those starts and if you're looking at well, what would you like your starting pitcher to do? Give your team a chance to win? And that's exactly what he has done. What's interesting because you're opening up a very large book right now in the rumor mill because lower where does he stand? Where does he look at as far as the postseason? Because three o'clock on Monday afternoon, three o'clock Pacific is the trading deadline, And we keep hearing about a certain name by the last name of Schooble. We continue to hear about the Dodgers and a couple of other teams. What's going to happen between now and then and how it's going to affect the roster.
Speaker 11: It's going to be interesting to watch the trade of Schooble is going to be fascinating. Obviously, if he joins the Dodgers, the rotation becomes that much more fortified. Say he goes to Atlanta, he and Chris Sale would be the one too. Let's talk about where else he might go. You know, you talk about the Cubs the possibility when they've been red hot. So the Dodgers, if they want School. Part of the thinking, I imagine is to keep him away from the other guys who the Dodgers are most likely to see in the postseason.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly. And Tampa bay Rains are the other team, at least in the rumor mill, we're hearing a lot. And for Tampa, they come intoday sixty three wins in forty four losses, so almost a five to ninety winning percentage that they had. This is kind of interesting because you know, we keep going and going in this season. We've got over sixty seven percent of the season that now is in the record book. What happens with the final number of games and which uniform will School will be pitching in beginning maybe as soon as Monday night or the early part of next week, we don't really know. And how it's going to affect different rosters, another team that might be in the hunt. And again, this is the great part about baseball, the rumors and what's going to happen or not. Imagine I'm going to Milwaukee. He and miss Eraskio won two punching So the Dodgers have had a great year.
Speaker 11: But there's some competition and the wild card in this final third of the season is Schooble. Where he goes and where he doesn't.
Speaker 1: It's fascinate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then you look at the Nashley Wildcard too and understand that there are eight teams within two and a half of first place, you know, so it goes, you know, up and down the list. There's some races that need to be going. Now, the question is going to be, if you're interested in Schooble, what is the bill going to represent? Is it going to be talent most likely? What are the needs of the team that Schooble will be leaving from. What's their depth chart? What is your depth chart within the organization? There's going to be a lot of people, I would imagine involve whatever happens. And the other part two is if anything happens, that's the other thing.
Speaker 11: Take us fair to assume that Schoolboo will be elsewhere come Monday, but where we'll find out together tonight. Sasaki and Brian Wu are the starting pitchers and we'll get around to the lineups and first pitch in just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 5: Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclow Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclow dot com. Slash us still to come here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck before first pitch. I'm gonna get you a previous pitching matchup. Tim and Rick are gonna have those keys to the game.
Speaker 2: But up next.
Speaker 5: All he's done is win games since coming over to the Dodgers earlier this year in May and had trade with the Toronto Blue Jays resurrecting to his season.
Speaker 2: He's been fantastic.
Speaker 5: That's Eric Lower the Dodger Lovetander well, hi and tie with him.
Speaker 2: Next.
Speaker 5: As we lead up to Dodgers and Mariners, I'm Tim kas Is, the back to back World.
Speaker 2: Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying this, He's Marongo Casino Dodgers on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Mariners, a rubber game of this three game set. Dodgers came back with a win last night, as Rookie Sasaki and Brian Woo square off tonight. Rookie Sasaki warming up right now in left field the Dodgers Stadium as we get ready for first pitch of seven ten.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza.
Speaker 5: Parlor, the official pizza partner the Dodgers audio broadcast went.
Speaker 2: Into game night. It's group night, It's Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger.
Speaker 2: Player, It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: We're in the Dodger Clubhouse, and not too many guys that do radio interviews with us comb their hair shower and are in perfect groom status. But Eric Lower, who's nine to zero with the Dodgers, has certainly come prepared. Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 2: You're welcome every time.
Speaker 4: How about Andy Pa has He doesn't really smile that often, but when I mentioned your name, Andy Pa has had a smile from ear to ear. That says a lot about you.
Speaker 1: It might just be you. Because I see him smiling all.
Speaker 4: The time, that could be it. Maybe he just doesn't smile at me. Full disclosure on Dodger Talk last night after the game, I did mention our interaction in Philly when I asked you what have the Dodgers done to make a click for you? And you gave me some answer that was from the moon because you didn't want to tell me. Are you willing to tell me?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: Don't tell me about your change up or your cutter or your mental skills.
Speaker 1: Coach.
Speaker 12: I think it's more like, was it what I explaining to you the language of lower that one? Was that the comment that I made it was yeah, I think it. Honestly, That's really been the most freeing thing for me is that I can I feel like I can speak my mind to the pitching coaches and they'll understand it. And that's like the hardest thing for me is, you know, getting my feel and my point across of what I'm feeling versus what I'm doing, and then them being able to recognize exactly what I'm trying to say and speak to that rather than just going off on their own tangent and their own thoughts and feelings and like it really brings everything full circle so that we all truly truly understand each other.
Speaker 4: I remember talking to Mark Pryor before your first start with the Dodgers, and he said, there's no mechanical overhaul. It's more about finding pitches that play off your fastball. And it seems like once started to the curveball, last night, it was your change up. Has that been part of the language of lower Oh?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's definitely like moving things around. How are we gonna how are we gonna play off the fastball? And what can we do to you know, not necessarily confuse the hitters that much, but like just get them off balance. And I think that's kind of the biggest point of pitching, is disrupting timing. So trying to make sure that I'm tunneling well and have multiple speed ranges of pitches is huge for me. And it's it's been some days it's the curveball, some days it's the change up. Now I'm developing more of a I don't want to call it a sweeper, but like a sweepy slider. So, you know, just implementing that has gotten me to every every mile an hour range that I want so I can kind of, you know, mess with timing a little better.
Speaker 4: Is that Connor McGinnis that is teaching you the slightly.
Speaker 12: Sweepy Yeah, he came up with it. He's the he's the the guru, the mind behind everything of like pitch design, and one day he was like, he was like, here, just try this. I know you don't like this kind of grip, and I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't love.
Speaker 12: Spiking anything because my I pushed so hard into the ball it just it ends up like hurting my finger. But we found a spot where it doesn't hurt and I can throw the crap.
Speaker 2: Out of it and it works, so I'm gonna keep throwing it.
Speaker 4: That's the voice of the well groomed Eric Lauer, who's nine to oh Are the Dodgers are nine and oh? When he pitches, I will say this, You probably don't even know what I do, right, You have no idea what I do.
Speaker 12: I know you talk into a microphone.
Speaker 4: Exactly, but I host the postgame show and take calls from fans. Yeah, big revelation, right, you told me something about yourself. I'm telling you what I do and fans, Dodger fans in this short period of time, have expressed to me the emotional attachment they have to Eric Lawer and don't want you to go anywhere.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go anywhere.
Speaker 7: I know, I know.
Speaker 4: But what you said after the game last night, not a lot of guys would admit, just how what front the Dodgers were with them. Where are you at today as we get closer to Monday, how are you handling all that.
Speaker 12: I'm trying to stay off social media as much as possible because I know my wife's on top of that, and she's telling me everything that's being said and all the thoughts and predict and whatnot out there. And I mean I knew coming in, like I said, it was like I wasn't doing great to begin in the year, and I wasn't in a great spot when I came over here. So I think if I wasn't able to accept that, you know, this might be the situation, they might you know, be testing the out see something that they think that they can help me with, and they definitely have to just get me back to where I should be. And you know, my goal was to come in and you know, make the decision really hard for him. If that was their plan all along.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 12: It was to make the decision really hard and being like, are we actually willing to give up this guy? And I think I've done a pretty decent job of that so far.
Speaker 2: And you know, I've I've gotten pretty.
Speaker 12: Close with the entire team, the staff, like everybody around here. So I'm I'm more than more than hoping that I don't get traded.
Speaker 7: Name here.
Speaker 4: The radio guy likes you a lot too, so I hope in Chicago on Tuesday, you're still wearing Dodger blue. But obviously there's a lot of moving parts. And like I said, everybody has grown an emotional attachment to Eric Lawer. So thank you and we'll see you. I'll see you tomorrow at least, right we'll be where our feet are.
Speaker 12: I think, so, I hope so at least, but you know, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks a lot for the time lour thank you for showering too. For this interview. Eric Lawer has been our guest and he'll receive a gift card to Travis Matthew. Travis Matthew creates elevated apparel and footwear made to meet the moment. Talking into the microphone for Eric lower. We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 7: Tim.
Speaker 5: One of the good guys, Eric Lawer, Let's see if he's still wearing a Dodger uniform after the deadline on Monday at three pm. He has done nothing but put up zeros win games with the Dodgers. When he has gone out there, Thank you Eric, Thank you DV. He leads up to the first pitch Dodgers and Mariners. When we come back, we're gonna dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers on the number.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Hits the Dodgers and the Mariners on this Thursday night rubber game of this three games set.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 2: Brought to you buy her Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 5: Bryan Wou on the mound for the Mariners seven and seven with a four thirty seven r twenty six year old right hand in his fourth season now in the Big Leagues, making his twenty first start this year, forcing fastball, sinkers, slider change up the occasional sweeper. He is six and zero with a two twenty ERA at home this year on the road, as David Veasse pointed out earlier, much different. One in seven with a ERA of six point fifty two. So undefeated at home, great era on the road one in seven with an ERA over six and a half.
Speaker 2: Last time out. One of those road starts, five.
Speaker 5: Innings, five runs, nine hits, five strikeouts and a loss in Texas to the Rangers. He'll eat up innings zough for the Mariners. He has thrown at least six Indians in thirteen of his twenty starts this year. It's his second career start against the Dodgers, and his one start six and the third innings two runs to its five strikeouts and took the loss. Rochi Sasaki on the mound for the Dodgers. Been up and down a year four and five with the four to seventy one erras last two starts up been really good. The twenty five year old twenty four year old right hander making his nineteen start last time out at City Field in New York he went seven Indians, won run, three hits, nine strikeouts in a win over the Mets. It was his first win in nearly two months. He is facing the Seattle Mariners for the second time. Last time he faced them was in relief one scoreless inning last September, the last game of the year. Came out of the bullpen and which started that great running offcber form. You give one hit while striking out to Rokie Sasaki Brian Wu. It is the Dodgers and the Mariners were fifteen minutes away for first pitch.
Speaker 2: Keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. All you know or.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and mariner As squaring off Rookie Sasaki Brian Wu. The pitching matchup. Getting ready for the start of the game with a Soaporos start great moment. Start with Sapporo beer. Whatever your taste preference Toaporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. So Poro good wo sushi great with Baseball one final time we head out to the booth before first pitch. Tim Nevertrick Monday, guys.
Speaker 7: Thanks very much, Tim, Well, get you ready for this one here at Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Right hand to Roki Sasaki takes them. Mind, you look at what he's done well over the last two starts, twelve and two thirds innings, just one earned run, and in his last time out against the Mets he struck out nine. And since he's gone to that bigger glove, things have really turned around for Roki Sasaki.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I think if you looking at Sasaki too, he has been light sound. If you look at the entire season when he's ahead in the count, just a one sixty batting average against. It's been a different story behind three seventy eight average. But the last couple of boutings he has not been behind very often either. And the big difference he has been able to control that split finger fast bowl much much better. He's not holding it as deeply in between the four finger and the middle finger of his right hand, and it appears that he's got much better control and he's getting very good results with it.
Speaker 7: His mound opponent Brian Wu seven and seven. He is six and zero at home in Seattle with a two to two ORA, but on the road a much different story. He's only one and seven the six's five to two ERA. He's been moved up for this start, pitching on four days rest. So Brian Wu against Rochi Sasaki Dodgers and Aroner's rubber game coming up timp.
Speaker 5: All right, Dodgers going to action eleven and a half games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks, who have the night off. Meanwhile, the Dodgers thirteen games up on the San Diego Padres. They are in action. They are playing host to the San Francisco Giants. That game is in the top of the second inning already at Petco Park, where the Giants out to a one to nothing lead.
Speaker 2: So we'll keep an eye on that.
Speaker 5: Don't forget the trade deadline coming up on Monday at three pm.
Speaker 2: Got our eyes on that as well.
Speaker 5: But first things first, Dodgers need to take care of business tonight, win this series over the Seattle Mariners, pick up a half game on the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: That'd be nice.
Speaker 5: David Vassi has got you cover with the post game. When this thing is all over.
Speaker 2: Enjoy it. First pitches. Next Rookie Sasaki on the mound.
Speaker 5: This has been Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck on your back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network