Speaker 1: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tofe Sheldon Roundtable Show live from Longnecks and Wilder, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Honda East and Honda East Power Equipment Dealer. Skyline Chile Feeling good, It's Skyline time.
Speaker 2: R and L Carriers.
Speaker 1: Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman Law Injured Call eight four four, Postman Others Promised Postman delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon five one three five one three, t oph On seven hundred WLW the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: All Right.
Speaker 3: One hour in the book's second hour is unfolding tonight long next in rich Wood Rock. The way I look at it, the second hour, We're good to go. The first hour is behind us. We navigated it, and I thought the second hour would be much better. And I began the second hour by walking into the women's restros.
Speaker 4: So the first time.
Speaker 3: Technically, I technically didn't walk all the way in. I just I was paying no attention and we haven't been here for a year, and the men's restume was on the left, and I just head down and I opened the door. I didn't step in, so technically I didn't walk into the women's restume. I would have just opened the door. I would have paid a.
Speaker 4: Woman like one hundred bucks and slap you as you walked in.
Speaker 3: That's been great, so needless to say, Well, hopes were for a second hour much smoother than the first.
Speaker 2: It's gonna take a little bit to smooth out this hour. So there you go.
Speaker 3: And remind me to tell you about getting stung by a bee earlier in the week.
Speaker 4: She says, the first time you've ever been stung by bee.
Speaker 2: Ever in my life.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get serious here, let's talk you see football, speaking of serious stuff, holy cow stuff transpiring with the football team today, with the basketball team a thirty seven to thirty four road comeback win Kansas is Saturday showdown at Nippered High Noon number fourteen, Iowa State from here on that the man who's all over it for Bearcat Journal Bearcat Journal dot com, Chadbrendle, how are you.
Speaker 5: So you're trying to get things on track and get serious, and.
Speaker 6: You come to me, yeah, I see, that's the second mistake of the hourly Currently. Oh man, let's uh okay, let's before we go forward, let's go back, because Saturday, Holy, I mean, you talk about something that everybody was waiting for, the fan base, waiting for something they needed. That's a way that got everybody's attention on Saturday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it was on the back of what we had hoped that this program was getting with Brendan Sowsby right, like, we have seen the potential, we've seen it slash, but it hasn't been consistent. And that guy is he is a special kind of tough and he gutted that one out. He got hit two or three times in the knee during that game, where I'm like, is he coming back? And he kept coming out there and ask him for more and game on the line. The one handed catch from Noah Jennings and and and kept that drive alive. And when Noah Jennings made that catch, it was like, all right, there, they're gonna win this game. And sure enough they got down the field, got the touchdown and walked out of there with the victory.
Speaker 3: Now a follow up note to that which fascinates me, and and Keegan Nickoson wrote about this Bearcat Journal dot com and you can expound on this that after each win, Brendan Sorosby takes his offensive lineman to Jeff Ruby's.
Speaker 2: Holy cow, wow, that's big time.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's uh, that's the benefit of the ni el era, right, Like he used to used to be lucky if you could take him to McDonald's. Now now they're going to Jeff Rubies. Like, but I got a note, Lamb. I've heard there's a couple of guys that like their states like medium well and above. I can't take him to Jeff Ruby's. Like you got Gavin Gerhart. You got to stay at home with that medium well stake there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh, Chang.
Speaker 7: I listened to a bunch of you know, college football podcasts and on multiple uh they were talking about Brendan Soarsby being having one of the best quarterback play in the country. Just just describe to the listeners what he does so well.
Speaker 5: I mean, the main thing is he will stand in the pocket like he's got good feel for the pocket and he knows when to get out of there. But if he thinks he's got time. And you saw this five or six times on Saturday against Kansas. He stood in there and took a shot and delivered a strike, and you know what that does for an offense. Rockey guys are going to continue through their routes. They're gonna keep trying to get open. Offensive linemen feel compelled to hold those blocks a little bit longer because you know your guy is gonna make a play if you've give him the opportunity. And you know he is a rhythm guy. We saw him get out of rhythm against Nebraska and never really get into rhythm against Nebraska. When he is in rhythm, like we saw against Kansas, he has a lot of fun to watch because they'll run it for those tough yards. He can escape the pocket, he can hang in there and make the tough throws, and he is kind of the backbone of everything that they've been trying to establish since Scott Satterfield got here. And it feels like they've got better weapons, they've got a better line, like everything is just kind of starting to fall into place. Now. They've played Iowa State twice since they've joined the Big Twelve. They have not thrown for one hundred yards in either one of those games. So his biggest test is coming up here Saturday, real quick.
Speaker 3: Number fourteen. You see us at home in a betting favorite. Ohio or Iowa State is banged up. What can you tell us?
Speaker 5: They're still really good defensively? They run that three three five that Cincinnati runs with the three high safeties. The safeties are the strength of their defense, but they rely on really good corner play. And both of their corners are done for the year. They're starting two corners are done for the year. There's talent behind them, I think combined the two guys that are going to be their starting corners have forty snaps under their belt in their career, so you know they've got a really good defensive tackle. And Dominic Orange, who's probable, looks like he's going to play, so he can cause you some problems right at the point of attacks. He's kind of like Dante Corleons kind of what in that second third round range as a pro prospect. Orange is a first round defensive tackle, so you've got to control him, keep swords, be clean, and then try to pick on those corners because they are they're gonna be young, They're gonna be inexperienced. They're talented, but you're throwing them into the fire at Nippert Stadium. What should be a really you know, loud rockus Nippert Stadium crowd on Saturday. So you got to test those guys early and often.
Speaker 4: I think, Chad, you mentioned Dante Corleon.
Speaker 7: What's the status on his health and also just describe how good he is. Again, I hear people talking about him and under the context of being, you know, one of the best defensive linemen in the Big twelve. What's his injury status and coming on his play.
Speaker 5: I would have set a lot better if he was upgraded to probable on that injury report that came out yesterday. But there's still some optimism that they're gonna get him back for this game. I know they felt they were close to getting him back last week and just couldn't get him over the hump to be ready to go. He's just a game wrecker at the point of attack, and both in the run game and in the past game. He can collapse a pocket from the middle, and if you're a quarterback, you know you got defensive ends flying around the edge. You can step up you can move around from that. Dante Corleone's quickness and his strength is just really difficult for interior offensive lineman to handle, and you have to, you know, put two guys on him at least, you could try to do what the Bengals did last week. Could put four guys on him if you want. But anyhow, you know, he's just got such great power. And the thing that doesn't get talked about enough is the quickness that he has for somebody that size, his short area quickness is unbelievable right at the snap and he gets off the ball quick. And you know, Dana Holgerson joked before the Nebraska game that when he was at Houston, corleon quote unquote retired three of his interior offensive linemen in that AAC championship game. He abused them so much that day. But he's just fantastic in terms of wrecking an offense right from the middle of the point of attack.
Speaker 3: Last football question before I ask you about Caden Allen. Saturday and watching the Bearcat Journal podcast last night or one.
Speaker 2: Of the episodes this week.
Speaker 3: Saturday is a big recruiting showcase opportunity.
Speaker 2: Correct, A couple five stars coming in town.
Speaker 5: Lands, a couple four stars coming in town in the twenty twenty seven class. It's the largest group of visitors that they've hosted under Scott Saderfield. You're gonna have a spotlight on you. You're you know, you're on or ESDN two. I think Big Game twelve o'clock kick. So it's a really important day, not just to go out and get a win, but you've got some impressions to make on kids that you know might really take a serious look at Cincinnati. If that's if that place is electric and Cincinnati can can get out of there with a victory on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Big Basketball news.
Speaker 3: Last question, tell everybody the the news surrounding Caden Allen and the Bearcats today.
Speaker 5: Alan's top fifty guy of six', five kind of a power. Guard we've seen a couple of those here be pretty. Successful i'm not saying he specifically reminds me Of Sean kilpatrick And Jaron, cumberland but that's the body. Type six,', five strong, lower body really wired. To score he's not going to wow you with, his athleticism but he knows how to put the ball in. The basket sometimes that can be unorthodox sometimes that you know it's not gonna be the flashy this is A surefire nba prospect. Type guy but the good news is you're not playing IN. The nba you're playing in college and and guys that can really fill it up are super important in. This league the defenses. Are good, you know. It's physical you gotta, be Tough And katean allen brings a lot of that to. His game so big getting it's one of. My questions, you Know The west, miller era they have not had that, guy right that really high level, scoring guard big guard that you know can can get you over the top in so many of these. CLOSE games I think kateen now is a really good Fit For wes miller in.
Speaker 3: This program big, football doings big, basketball doings big Stuff For bearcat journal dot com to cover layout all that you have, to offer uh with.
Speaker 5: Great up you know the podcast Last night DAVE and i Go Over. Iowa state if you want to catch up on. That one i'll Have My three keys podcasts. Up Tonight keegan NICKOSON and i did a podcast this Afternoon On kydan allen and. His commitment so a lot of. Great content And Then keegan Nickoson And austin bass doing a phenomenal job on the writing Side on bearcat journal. Dot com so all the content you could possibly want On, The bearcats we've got you covered in all the formats.
Speaker 2: Out there excellent good stuff, As always thank. You sir we'll talk.
Speaker 5: Next week, thank, you Gentlemen and rocky keep him out of the, ladies.
Speaker 4: Room, yeah sure an extra eye on him look. Forward.
Speaker 3: Here Thanks He's, Chad brenda bearcat journal.
Speaker 2: Dot com