Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning everybody. Let's fear here we are. You're so excited to get back to playing gigs tomorrow. I'm excited about tonight down in Alexandria. Takes still available. Come on and see Johny Griesel tonight and I please, and uh let's uh make the most out of Mental Health month here, shall we. That's good? Yeah, that's good. So yeah, look it over there as we speak right now, not only Tommy Elsen, the ben Lever as well.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we actually.
Speaker 3: Kind of imagine now that I look at it, Yeah, we kind of do, except you look way more ravishing.
Speaker 1: Thank you, wow, thank you? Yeah, salesmanie, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: Substitute teacher going out for a little golf trip with the guys you know company I believe.
Speaker 2: And by the way, for tickets for tomorrow for tonight's event, we got your back USA dot org. Please come down see Criesel and I and Alexandria Treasure Island tonight with Partro Morning Show and tomorrow morning as well, if if you'd like to come hang out with us. But right now is he there yet?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir NASCAR driver doing good?
Speaker 4: How are you guys?
Speaker 5: Real good?
Speaker 2: Man, thank you first and foremost for last weekend. Zacho and I had the best time ever and it was great watching you racing. I'm just gonna get this out of the way right now. I think you had something for him. If they hadn't rained you out, you might have had the race car to win that race last week, I think so.
Speaker 4: I mean, our car was good. I as you heard. I don't know if you listened to radio or not, but I have any complaints on the radio, and that's usually what you want to hear out of me. But we needed one more rechar out there, but that fog kept rolling in and racing conditions were not perfect, so they had to call it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let me address that real quick with the guys in here, because Ben Leeber just walked in and Tommy's over there as well. So you know how you have spotters up there watching to let you know you're clear, you're not clear, there's somebody outside that you know that said it was so foggy on the backstretch that you could hear the spotters saying, I can't see anything. You're on your own back there, and that got really treacherous. So it was like driving blind. For you on the back start. It wasn't that, William, Yeah.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 4: I mean I was luckily in a position where I never had to make any calls myself. My teammates got caught up in a wreck that was kind of because of the fog and little visibility for spotters. But you know, we were up front and didn't have to worry about being in a hornet's nest and in the middle of the pack. But it was kind of a cool atmosphere. You know, I've never raced in the fog before it and I under the lights. I actually enjoyed it a lot.
Speaker 3: Hey, William ben Lever here, congratulations on the top five. You mentioned how good your car was and there was no complaints on the radio. When do you know, like when you're in a good car setup and your car's feeling good and it's pern good, and like, when do you know, like the second that you sort of get in the car is or sort of an evolution as the race goes along.
Speaker 4: Well, actually the first stage of the race we weren't great, so we had to make a huge adjustment on a pitstol up and then it rained and then there was a four hour delay and then we went back green to see, you know, how the car was, and it was perfect. So you know, you turn off into the corner, it lands, it turns where you want it to, and then you can get in the throttle, keeps turning, doesn't get tight on the exsit, it doesn't lose the front tires. Basically, it does what your hands and feet want the.
Speaker 5: Car to do.
Speaker 6: Hey, Zach, can you flip back over to Chris for a second and do the side by side with William and Chris just for one second. So Chris is wearing a William sowalach shirt right, yep, William, it looks like I think that's your autograph or some kind of spiral art in the back because it doesn't look like it has That's all right, people sign like that all the time. So as you continue to grow here, how much of how much of a hands on are you when it comes to your own branding, when it comes to like things like merch or logos or you know, things you're going to use moving forward? Are you meeting about kind of stuff pretty frequently?
Speaker 4: I mean I usually worry about the driving side of things, but I do have input on on my merchandise most of the stuff that's on my website, which that shirt is that's unreal shirt. You so really company merch Honestly, compared to anybody else, it's the best. So I'm proud to have that. So just my own personal stuff I have in put on. You know the wind shirts from Rockingham. Jg R has those. I think we have those Wesellos on my website as well. You know, I give my little input and you know, kind of the final say of things. But anybody who really doesn't really does a good job.
Speaker 7: So William, it's not like a concert, right where like if you go like can you buy your merch on site or do you have to go to the website?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I have a website whims solis dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can buy some at the track as well. Absolutely so, And that'd be Williamsawalach of course, the driver the starky sound gear number eighteen. Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota. You talked about your car not being great at the beginning of the race. That was really interesting because and Ben, you and I haven't talked about this ship, but as a racing fan, I think you'll you'll be kind of surprised by it. So we walked into William's trailer and it had been raining and they hadn't had a time to practice or time to qualify. And as Zacho and I were in his in his semi and his trailer, just kind of hanging around, he got word that they had moved the race up twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: So as we were.
Speaker 2: Standing there talking to him, he had about thirty five minutes before they took the green flag, and he had not been on the race track yet, and the fact that he didn't seem to be bothered at all by that. In fact, I asked him, does that you know? Are you nervous about it? Then he goes, now, he said, in thirty five minutes, I'm going to go in into turn one at one hundred and eighty miles an hour on a track in a car I haven't raced yet. And I was like, that's unbelievable. You weren't phased at all about that? And was is there no trepidation at all in the green flag flu and you went in to turn one?
Speaker 4: Uh no, not really. I mean, luckily I had a lot of simulator time, but that's not really the real thing, you know, you don't experience the feel of the speed and the g forces and the simulator, but you can't. You can't be nervous about it or overthink it. You just have to do it because everybody else has to do it, and you gotta be kind of on your game lap one and not lose as many spots as you can. Also obviously gain spots. That's the biggest goal on a restart, because everyone's so bunch together, that's the best time for passing. And when it gets strung out, you know, the passes take a lot more time, and that takes more time for the guys in front to get away. So restarts are a big opportunity to gain spots. But that initial start, no, I wasn't too nervous. I was actually really confident in my car from the simulator and it showed, you know, I had good speed.
Speaker 3: You know that that's an interesting point, and I know that this is really difficult probably question to a answer because every track is different. But how do you go and just just take the race that you were just in? How do you approach the strategy and the aggressiveness of how you want to run up the track? Knowing that you have laps to go, and it's a long race. I mean, how do you kind of approach that with your team, especially when I after a while you're like, man, my car's really really good. Do you always push into every corner or is there a lot more strategy to overtaking people?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean usually you go one hundred percent the entire time. You've enough tires to be able to wear them out really faster, you know, not have to save for a long run. Our runs are long, you know, we'll have forty five lap runs on a mile and a half tracks. But really the tire kind of stays fine. Just tire heat is all you have to worry about. So you obviously don't want to like scuff the tire really hard in the corner and gain a bunch of heating it because you'll never get back. So that's the only thing you really have to be careful of. When you're leading, you get your gap. So for example, rocking in, I got a two second gap, and then my spotter he'll call out lap times me compared to the car behind me, and all I have to do is match, and even if I'm I'm faster, whatever, just matched the car behind me. That's all you gotta do.
Speaker 8: Hey, will And we were talking earlier about the spotter and the radio and the importance of that, and at one point, when the fog settled in and the mist settled in, we heard on the radio your spotter basically said he could only see you coming out of turn four in a little bit on the front stretch. What was it like, you know, knowing that your spotter, the guy your your eyes and ears around your car had very limited visibility, especially toward the end of the eventually rained shortened race.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's not afiense bushy to hear that, but you know, we managed to get through it. My spotter, Drew, he's really good. He's a cup spotter for the nineteen car of Chase Briscoe, also under the JGR banner. But we didn't really have any issues. He didn't make any wrong calls. You know, he's probably more conservative with his calls on being clear or not, just to make sure. But you know, it was easier for me to gage some things inside of the car because the fog wasn't so bad actually low on the track where we were.
Speaker 6: Hey William, fifteen twenty years from now, what are you going to remember most about the Kyle Busch tribute last weekend. What's going to stand out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, obviously it was a really tough weekend and I got I had the opportunity to be in the eighteen car in the O'Reilly series, so that was special. I picked that number because of him. I was supposed to be in the eighty one my rookie year last year, but the eighteen was open and I one of that because of Kyle. So I think, honestly, just running that number and you know, thinking about that almost the entire race, that being my motivator is probably what I'll be thinking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are weekend in great tributes? And man, I'll tell you what what a what a tragedy? Now you you you leave Charlotte, your head towards Nashville. A smaller track. It's the Sports Illustrated Resorts two fifty this Saturday. It's a seven thirty night race and you can watch it on the CW. And again, a smaller racetrack. What do you know about Nashville And how do you feel about racing under the lights again this weekend?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nashville is a good track for us. We got the poll there last year we led thirty thirty five laps in stage one and then we ended up blowing up in stage three. So other than that, it was a good race. I'm excited. You know, we're good at the mile tracks Dover and finished fourth Rockingham first this year. It's definitely another win coming. We've been working our the simulator to joy and get that.
Speaker 2: There you go again, that Starky car, the Sound Gear car will be racing this Saturday night on the CW. Well, good luck. Thank you again for last weekend and for giving us such access standing beside you on you know, on Pitt Road right before and during the anthem and listening to everything that was going on in the race car. It was just a great experience. We've got to get our guy Ben liber to a race because dude, you would love to be worred Zacho and I would have last week. It would be so much fun. So let's try to make that happen amidst your busy schedule if you don't mind.
Speaker 4: William, absolutely anytime.
Speaker 5: Guys appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Man, Thank you so much, thank you, good luck. It was Williams so walid.
Speaker 2: And thank you to Starky and Sound gear once again, if you got to protect your hearing, honestly, especially if you're around racing or any kind of thing you work in outdoors amongst have you machinery or you play in a band, protect your ears. You've only got two. There you go.
Speaker 8: We'll have more time eventually maybe and maybe this is more like if he's in studio again in the off season. We got to talk to him about his his up I guess his upbringing, up bringing man, because he he worked his ass off to get to where he is at.
Speaker 9: He did a lot of after school runs down to.
Speaker 8: Elco and we were able to learn a lot from the from Josh uh So Cory I believe is and then he, I mean just kind of filled us in on on his background. He's a very impressive background and certainly has earned his way to where he is today.
Speaker 2: It was interesting and thanks to to Josh and Toni and we had a great weekend with him. But Ben, as I'm wearing this T shirt that Corey was talking about. Look at the back of this T shirt, right, what does that remind you of?
Speaker 4: Does that remind you of Formula one?
Speaker 5: It looks like a Formula one shirt.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you can see at NASCAR races now, they're starting to kind of take more of that Formula one feel and bring it into the did you get that as well as echo that they're kind of taking that aesthetic as the word I'm looking for from Formula one and bringing in. I think it's a great move, man, I mean like sexiness or yeah, steel kind of a feel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when I think when I think of that, for one, the difference like Monaco its places like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 9: And I love how the shirt, which, by the way, I'm wearing the same shirt.
Speaker 2: I we did the same thing. We came out of the elevator and I'm standing there. I'm like, well, there we go for twenties.
Speaker 8: It says Eden Prayer in the top and then it says lakes, laps and legends, and he's embracing that Minnesota his roots here.
Speaker 9: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: See, if you're not a racing fan or a NASCAR fan, you haven't been in the past, You've got a guy that an Eden, Prairie guy who's running at the top echelon and will be in the Cup Series soon. So I check it out because this kid, he's got it. And I know, man, I saw and we we got a little bit of an on on online as well, and everybody's like, well, you know, how do you get to where he's at? And blah blah blah blah, and you know, is it Is it a situation where he's a good driver? Does he have the money behind him? You have to have all of that. Ast of all, you have to have all of it. You you can't not get to where he's at and I have backing. But also you can't drive into turn one at one hundred and eighty miles an hour unless you've got something inside you. It makes you special. Ben, I've known a lot of race car drivers. That kid had no nerves. As we were standing beside him during the anthem, as he was getting ready to get in the race car, and you would have thought he was about to play checkers.
Speaker 3: Well, it was unbelievab his answer when you asked that question, when he was talking about just the approach to the race, He's like, there's basically no hesitation. Yeah, like, well everybody else is doing it, so why am I going to overthink this? Just just get in the car and drive. Ye, it's such a good analogy for I don't know a lot of things in life, like just do it. Just do it, don't ever think it like you've trained for this, like it's one thing if you don't if you don't trust your preparation, like you hear athletes talk about that all the time, Like if you prepare and you've prepared your ass off all week, why are you nervous?
Speaker 5: Right, this is what this is.
Speaker 3: If you trust it and you trust your coaches and all that stuff, then just go.
Speaker 1: Out there and do it. Don't think feel like sauce.
Speaker 6: Don't you feel like you want to gamble against me today?
Speaker 1: You feel like you feel like different, like you.
Speaker 6: Should make this bed and just do what you love to do, no fear. Just like Ben said, just do it, man.
Speaker 5: Just do it.
Speaker 7: Do it?
Speaker 5: You know how I feel like Tommy a bunch of dudes ganging up on me.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that was awesome, brother, Try try hard things, you know, even if you fail, just try, just like that's the most thing. Okay, I'm gonna stop.
Speaker 1: Now you gotta go. I know, yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: Hey, can I say something happy birthday that says tomorrow getting her Tom's.
Speaker 1: Oh I got it's a big surprise.
Speaker 5: Oh my, don't I.
Speaker 2: Would wait till the day after her birthday to tell her that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I forgot.
Speaker 2: It won't be a surprise.
Speaker 1: I'll do a good start. I forgot to take the trash out and I'm hearing about it right now.
Speaker 5: Delayed to day memorial.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 5: That's true. Okay, it is for sure, right, I'm most.
Speaker 1: That's that's my argument.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I took mine off this morning.
Speaker 1: I know, you know, yeah, I driveway club stuff. You know I'm not in that. But yeah, you will be.
Speaker 2: You'll be back daylight this week. So you're good.
Speaker 1: Everybody is here, Okay, perfect, all right? I love you guys. See you next week. You next week, You'll be all right. Sauce with sports after this, Ben Leber until nine. This is the Power Troop Morning show on the Fan, and thank you to the.
Speaker 2: Saint Paul Saints for bringing us that segment. Saints Baseball dot Com. Get on down to cchspe Okay, here we are Big day for the part of morning shows. We head down to Treasure Island tonight and tomorrow. Please come join us, won't you remember?
Speaker 6: It's gonna be fun. I love you tonight root Game of Initials seven to nine. Power trop morning show.
Speaker 1: At t I. I've been saying Parley Lounge. Now they're saying events Center.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: I thought we were at the Parley Lounge. But whatever. Yeah, before I'm going to we're at the event Center. We're at We're at t.
Speaker 5: I tonight, t I Whales. I can't wait.
Speaker 6: A bunch of games, a bunch of prizes, the Creme de la creme sauce the main course. Somewhere around eight twenty, We'll draw five names and those five will score off in a rude game of initials.
Speaker 1: And the winner gets a trip for two to Las Vegas. Can't wait, man, just the greatest sit in here.
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that'll be a plus.
Speaker 2: First of all, it's fun down there even if we're not there. Yes, well, you have a chance to come down and hang out. Third all, you might win a trip to Vegas for free.
Speaker 5: Who wouldn't want.
Speaker 2: To do that.
Speaker 6: Then we're all stand overnight tonight in the same room and it's like seven of us all stay in the same room. We're going to see what happens, and then tomorrow five thirty to nine live broadcast that one's at the Parlay Lounge for sure, for sure, And the first initials Major of the year at six fifteen, seven fifteen, and eight fifty.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, don't you wish we're gonna our thirty?
Speaker 5: I kind of wish I'm going to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: Have you you've ever done a major? Right, You've never done it. I don't think you've ever heard a part of a major? Have you go to Lakes for us?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 3: When we we were in Duluth? Did we do a major there? I remember playing that.
Speaker 1: Was just initial? Yeah, I don't think that was a major.
Speaker 2: That's when you jumped out of the airplane member.
Speaker 5: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: Man, you're braver than men.
Speaker 2: Crazy, Yeah you are.
Speaker 5: Actually I think that was the day that I did the ride.
Speaker 7: Thunder.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you threw up, threw up many times.
Speaker 2: That's why I will not do it. I've been asked again this year if I want to do it, and I will not do it because I do not like the sensation of throwing up, unlike most of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's unfortunately, it's been difficult.
Speaker 3: I have been the last couple of years trying to help them find somebody that would want to ride along, and.
Speaker 1: The still do it.
Speaker 5: No, why too scared?
Speaker 3: Okay, And the crazy thing is, I thought this would be easy, peasy, all right. Put out a couple asks who wouldn't want to ride along in a jet? Like it's a once in a lifetime experience?
Speaker 2: Sure, it certainly is.
Speaker 5: So many people are like, Nope, nope, nope, not for me.
Speaker 6: If you want to get into a time machine and ask me twenty years ago, the answer is immediately yes.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you guys, it is.
Speaker 1: I can't do it now.
Speaker 5: Well, there's no guarantees that you would throw up, so you might be.
Speaker 1: I'm not into it. In general, the adrenaline rush in me is gone, what a rush? Yep, don't care anymore?
Speaker 5: Who said that hawk.
Speaker 1: The legion of Doom?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is that Hawker animal one of the two?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe, and maybe it was both. Did they both say it together?
Speaker 5: You guys have those guys in never did? No.
Speaker 1: But that's James Lorenidis's dad, right, it is?
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Is James still in town?
Speaker 5: Does he live here? That's a great question. I don't know. Coach for coaches?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, does he really?
Speaker 2: He was a badasser man.
Speaker 1: Did you overlap with him? Yeah? In Saint Louis though, Oh you did. Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did?
Speaker 1: I forgot about that?
Speaker 3: I legit one of the smartest players I've ever been around, no.
Speaker 2: Kidding, yes, And I don't know why that surprised me. I don't mean to be mean, but he just he came across as a meathead who just wanted to eat people, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: Okay, on the contrary to that as well. Never seen a more smiley guy in my life, no kidding, Like, the dude just laughed and smiled all day long. We have to get all of the get him in, Yeah, you guys, we got to get him in. If he's around, I do think he's coaching them.
Speaker 5: He's the linebacker coach for Ohio State.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my goodness.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I thought he went since twenty twenty four, so he coached those two top ten picks and Sunday styles And uh, who's the guy that went to the Jets?
Speaker 5: Who was it?
Speaker 2: Hawk Joe Na?
Speaker 5: Yeah forgotten?
Speaker 6: Yes, well, I guess he's only available on Fridays.
Speaker 7: David Bait No not David's Texas Tech doesn't matter at eight to fifteen.
Speaker 3: But yeah, anyway, fantastic human being, great dude, literally, he could have ran our meeting rooms like our our whole at least our linebacker room.
Speaker 5: He could have every day.
Speaker 3: He could have got there and his second did the whole install and then coached everything after practice.
Speaker 1: Good to hear, that's really cool.
Speaker 2: Should we hit sports women? Sure, I'm gonna get this name.
Speaker 4: It's time for fan five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 7: The Minnesota Twins got rolled by the White Sox fifteen to two. Connor pre Lip, the starter for your Twins, gave up six earned runs and then the bullpen gave up nine more earned runs. Your Twins, though, were twenty seven.
Speaker 5: And twenty nine.
Speaker 7: Same two teams today, final game of this series at won ten Kendriy Rojas goes for your Minnesota Twins.
Speaker 5: Roa, yeah, Rojas Rojas me last.
Speaker 2: Night for them last night. But they've been great up to last night.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, yeah, doing good. Yeah.
Speaker 6: One of my favorite things is how long it takes Sauce to sit in at salute silence before.
Speaker 1: He realizes it's his turn again.
Speaker 7: Speaking of getting rolled, the Hurricanes rolled the Canadians four to oh to take a three to one series lead.
Speaker 5: Zacho.
Speaker 7: Game five is tomorrow at seven pm. The winner of that series will play the loss Vegas Golden Knights sometime next week.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they came out with a as you mentioned, three goal first period just kinda and just didn't sit back. They had multiple power play opportunities, could have been an even bigger lobsided result. But regardless, for nothing, the final game five big one for Carolina. They would love to, especially looking across at Vegas closing out the Avs and in four games, would love to close out the Halves in five and get to that Stanley Cup final as soon as possible, in which case Hurricanes Golden Knights will be a fun one here. Just let's get there first. If you're Carolina. But they've just have dominated pretty much all but what all but one game in this postseason they've.
Speaker 9: Won, So thank you for your incredible run.
Speaker 7: The pant Panthers. The Carolina Hurricanes would be a big favorite, right, I'm not sure.
Speaker 8: I don't know what the especially after dispatching the Abs in four, I don't know what the odds will be for that. That'll be an interesting, interesting series. I could make an argument either way.
Speaker 6: I'll take I'll take Vegas and Montreal. You can have Carolina.
Speaker 5: Oh, gosh, yeah, this is quite the bet.
Speaker 6: So I get the I get the absolute you know, nightmare comeback if Montreal wins the next three, hang on, daddy, But.
Speaker 1: Then I also get Vegas.
Speaker 5: Let me check the ads here, daddy.
Speaker 1: Well that's cheating. Just go off your own expertise, you know what, Just do it. You just go off your own gut feeling. This is sports betting.
Speaker 7: This is got a lot in my life, and it's got me overweight, not a shape. The rosie, the rosie, the Roso it's just for fun.
Speaker 1: Just feel it. Come on, manh yeah, I'll take the Hurricanes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, brilliant move.
Speaker 1: Wait me, yes, you yeah?
Speaker 5: Do I I get the Carolina Hurricane.
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 5: I just want action, Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: You do not understand. I understand their favorite. I just want the action.
Speaker 5: What's the catch?
Speaker 1: There isn't a catch?
Speaker 5: Are you sure?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: It seems catchy, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: It does seem catches. But the thing is, like I don't know enough about hotchon exactly.
Speaker 1: There is no catch.
Speaker 8: I mean I like it because again according to Vegas, I just looked it up for the futures, the Hurricanes are minus one forty five.
Speaker 9: The golden answer plus one thirty.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 9: So yeah, you're getting good odds there.
Speaker 2: You really need to go to Vegas.
Speaker 5: What's the catch.
Speaker 6: There isn't a catch. I want to bet on Vegas. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: He has a problem.
Speaker 1: I'm not looking for an angle.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I understand the dog.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm with you right now, because the second you handshake on this bet, he's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, got him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like over something. What are we betting to something? I don't trust you too smart for me. I don't want to make the bet.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, oh no, don't.
Speaker 5: Okay, wait, wait, okay, okay, wait, say the best, say the bet again.
Speaker 6: So I get Montreal just in case they get the massive comeback, and.
Speaker 1: I get the Las Vegas Golden Knights.
Speaker 3: When you're gonna take Brian Brian Harper and the Golden Knights, yes, and then he would get the hairline Caroline Hurricane.
Speaker 6: Sure, and I get the miracle comeback just in case Montreal comes back. So I get one point one teams, he gets one team.
Speaker 1: I'll take that bed sauce. Sure you're out, No, I'm in? No?
Speaker 5: Can both be in?
Speaker 1: Can both be in.
Speaker 2: What is that your it's a strange yet a new.
Speaker 1: Yeah, scientific nomenclature. All right, never mind, we're out, we're done. You just made Ben. No, I didn't make it bet with Ben. I wanted to make a bet with Sauce.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm in.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm backing out for you. I'm backing out.
Speaker 5: My hundred is not good, that's no.
Speaker 1: I'm just I don't want to do the bad I backed out. I don't want to do it.
Speaker 5: I did that earlier. Now you're mocking me again. You're mocking me as you mock me, you're double mocking me.
Speaker 9: Mock exception.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a mock exception.
Speaker 2: Dad, didn't be careful when you double mock somebody?
Speaker 1: Mock yeah somebody?
Speaker 3: Yeah, gentlemen, nothear so?
Speaker 5: Speaking of didn't they just ad lib that?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Did they?
Speaker 1: Probably?
Speaker 3: There's there's a story that when they were filming that they just were riffing and they just kept it rolling.
Speaker 6: Can you even imagine, like, how do you keep up with I mean, Jeff Daniels is awesome, but how do you keep up with Jim Carrey?
Speaker 3: The whole that whole thing is fascinating to me because then I saw another video where they weren't sure Jeff Daniels could do comedy, right, and have you.
Speaker 5: Guys talked about that when.
Speaker 1: He briefly yeah go ahead, yeah.
Speaker 3: Well he basically they brought him in the first day after they said, oh yeah, we'll give you a shot. He didn't realize that he was doing a trial run. And so he filmed all the ski scenes with the snowball fight and everything, and then basically Jim Carrey watched from Afar, got sent all the tapes they reviewed.
Speaker 5: He like, yeah, he can do this.
Speaker 1: That's the one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the one, dude.
Speaker 2: The scene with the ketchup if you've seen them filming that, and.
Speaker 1: He just said his name, Jim Carrey or Jeff Daniels.
Speaker 2: Talking about that. The whole thing with the ketchup where he squirts it and it's like a fountain that was completely ad libbed. How do you not burst into laughter while he's doing that stuff?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: You have to try to stay up with him. What a challenge, What a fun.
Speaker 3: Thing, And how fortunate that they they would actually like shot.
Speaker 6: Out like that, right, you know, crazy And we'll tell you it's just so not instinctual to try to cool your tongue that way catch up. You'd have to be an idiot to do it the way that they did it. The whole point brilliant.
Speaker 3: But can I can I put a little bit of cold water on some of this stuff too?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: You have the script, so I know that there's ad libbying that happens. Things sort of happen naturally. I get that all the time. But when you have the script, don't you aren't you sort of mentally preparing to like, well, I could do this on this take. I could do this on this take. Probably, you know, like, oh, let me, let me try this. You know, give six or eight takes, you probably get the flow of how these things go. You know that you're you're going to get at least three or four takes to do this as long as you nail your lines. The impromptu stuff maybe isn't always so impromptu right on set.
Speaker 6: And maybe it takes you the third or fourth take to go this isn't working. It'd be so much funny if I did something else, and then then you brainstorm what am I going to do these next two or three?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: Who knows? It's just uh.
Speaker 6: I still think the greats find those moments and the rest of us can't.
Speaker 2: There are certain things that Jim Carrey does that wouldn't be funny if somebody else didn't.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 7: There's the story with Jim Carrey where he had who's the guy that was on Happy Days?
Speaker 1: Henry Winkler.
Speaker 5: No, that's like the big director.
Speaker 7: Ron Howard did Man in the Moon, which is the Andy Kaufman movie, and he had Ron Howard over to his house and he had Andy Kaufman scenes in the background, and he walked Jim Carrey walked away, and Andy Coffman's like, excuse me. Ron Howard is sitting there watching these and he's like, wow, why are we just playing this because he wanted the role. Well, it was Jim Carrey doing it, it wasn't Andy Kaust. So he filmed all of it and even Ron Howard didn't know that that was Jim Carrey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, cool, it's really cool. Yeah. I love Jim Carrey.
Speaker 1: He's funny and everything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but you backed out of your bets. Man, you're mocking me as you mocked me. Don't think I'm dumb.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 7: The thunder One went away their second straight NBA Finals. Game six of that series is tonight at seven thirty. The Spurs, the game will be in San Antonio, are a three and a half point favorite. The NBA Finals start next Wednesdays. Come on, Spurs, let's go, right, and then there's literally like three days in between every game.
Speaker 1: I think if the.
Speaker 7: Seven games, I think it goes somewhere almost to the end of June.
Speaker 1: Count me in as who cares.
Speaker 6: All five games in that series have been won by seven or more, even the overtime game, Like they just haven't been close.
Speaker 3: We're all collectively cheering against OKAC, right.
Speaker 1: For sure, San Antonio, let's go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have Bunny on o cases, But even if your dad didn't have that super special I.
Speaker 6: Still would much rather see Wenby winning than SGA. Not even close for sure. Man, you know what I'm excited for. Go on Vikings News because there's stuff so much.
Speaker 5: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: So much audio I'll be next. I love the difference between the answers between Kyler Murray, I love it and JJ I.
Speaker 5: Know it says a lot.
Speaker 1: From the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety.
Speaker 8: GOT Gabriel of Glacias on July thirty first, Joe Batamasa and August fifteenth, and Snoop Dog on September.
Speaker 2: Fifth, Snoop any concert, I.
Speaker 8: Think, yeah, of cour we see double G right here in the station at the US Bank Stadium on Christmas.
Speaker 9: Right, wasn't that great?
Speaker 2: That was pretty cool? Actually?
Speaker 8: Yeah, he killed it anyway. All the details at cafe dot com. Keyword calendar preasure island Baby. We'll see you tonight there too. Seven nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go on down there. I'm gonna go down and take a bunch of their money home with me. It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: That's the goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I do.
Speaker 1: What is the goal here?
Speaker 2: The train game and to do Viking snoops.
Speaker 4: Use on the Power Trip presented by Ben.
Speaker 2: I will leave this up to you, sir. Would you rather hear from Kyler Murray or JJ McCarthy first? Who would you like to hear from first?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Let's hear from the new guy. Let's hear from Kyler.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. I will love that. Could you please tell the lovely listeners out there what OTAs are and whether or not you enjoyed them as a player.
Speaker 3: OTAs are organized team activities and basically it's your first chance to be on the field with your teammates in a team setting, to have some competitive periods, not all competitive periods.
Speaker 5: They are non padded. They do wear helmets.
Speaker 3: Some guys wear softy shoulder pads, which some people call spider pads. And that's really it. And I really enjoyed OTAs. It was super fun.
Speaker 6: Team activities, though, is just a terrible way to ward it, Like it should be called like optional player practice R, like OPP, I like OPP. So Chris is really asking Ben is are you down with OPP?
Speaker 5: I am down with OPP.
Speaker 1: It's also you down with OPP? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No? Are you just do you not?
Speaker 10: Are you? Okay?
Speaker 5: I'm perfectly fine.
Speaker 1: He's doing great.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're doing great. You look great. I do not know you?
Speaker 1: Do you locked in?
Speaker 2: You look great?
Speaker 3: You've bless Yeah, you're you're kind of like locked in, like you're going to play initials for some reason.
Speaker 7: I want you know what I'm locked in on and I'm not kidding. I want to hear your opinion on all of this.
Speaker 6: Hey, did you did you ever go to an OTA not knowing something and then left? O T a going like I'm legitimately better now because I understand this and I didn't understand it. It's not so it's not just practicing working out and hanging out with the new guys, but you literally improve because you learned something.
Speaker 1: Does that actually happen? Yeah, okay frequently?
Speaker 5: Or is that?
Speaker 3: Well, let me look in different phases of your career. If you're if you're in year two or three of the same system, then no, you're on day one or day two. Well, day two I think was open to public. Day one was Tuesday. On day two of o t AS when the public's there, mentally, you're not learning anything new because you're just installing the basics. Like everything, everything is this basic. It's all Anadelbi. It's so basic. It's so basic. But from but from a technique standpoint, a physical standpoint, absolutely like that that. I think that's the reason why I enjoyed OTAs because you really could set like a purposeful and intension laiden practice out for yourself like the day before and say like, all right, I'm going to be working on this and this, and I want to work on my this and then and you get a chance to sort of refine your skills physically.
Speaker 5: I liked it.
Speaker 2: That's cool. I can't imagine how many players like walk in and you're like Jesus man, you haven't picked up a weight or even walked anywhere but to the fridge.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Star Wars tell us that guys and you guys would show up to training camp to get in shape.
Speaker 2: Can't do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it was a little different back then because they didn't have the sort of off season, the intensive off season program, because they already had a Phase one whatever that really means of just strength and conditioning with the coaches and again all voluntary bases. So there are some guys that don't show up for that, and then they show up out of nowhere for OTAs and you're like, wow, Mead sauce Lo's like you've been living in your pantry.
Speaker 7: Yeah, wasn't Wasn't that the Brian McKinney bid. Wasn't it Leslie Fraser didn't They cut him because of it?
Speaker 5: I think it.
Speaker 7: Was Leslie's first year, traded him or cut him because he was So it sounds about right because I think going into twenty ten, going into twenty ten season with Childresses, last year he got fined.
Speaker 3: I mean when we checked in for training camp in man Cato, he was getting find I don't know, by the pound, literally by the pound. I don't know, a couple thousand dollars a day for the weight that he couldn't lose. I mean it was something crazy. They cut him August second, twenty eleven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: I think Leslie having sitting back and observing and he probably watched all that, and then when he took over he was like, I'm not I'm not standing for any of that stuff. Like you either coming in shape and be motivated or are.
Speaker 1: You gone imagine loving food that much and.
Speaker 2: How much you must eat to be seven foot tall?
Speaker 3: Yep, man, I tell you what, though, I'm trying to sympathize with him, not just him, but in a way for all the big guys, because it's not about to me, it's not about not being not putting the fork down. It's about moving a three hundred and thirty pound body every day to the point where.
Speaker 5: You should be in football shape.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of effort, dude, Like, it's a lot more effort for those guys to go out there. Do you know a hard condition to work out or do whatever versus a two hundred and thirty pound linebacker, you know, so I get that it's difficult. Now he was especially laid back, so there's that. But all right, here's Kyler Murray. We'll play him first. On his relationship with JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 10: Been great.
Speaker 5: It's been great. Obviously.
Speaker 10: I know he's a younger guy, so any any way I can help him. Obviously, I feel like, you know, I've played seven years now, going on eight, so I'm considered a veteran, even though I don't see myself as that give him any knowledge that he needs. Again, you know, we're both competitors, and I know, you know, we both wont was best for the team.
Speaker 2: Compare and contrast. Here's JJ McCarthy on his relationship with Kyler.
Speaker 11: Now, it's just like two guys in a classroom.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 11: He sits on one side, I sit on the other side. And it's the coach's responsibility to teach us and coach us.
Speaker 5: So so I don't understand. So I guess I don't.
Speaker 3: Really, I don't truly understand what the issue you is here because I've seen all the fodder on social media. I mean, i'd like to hear you guys' opinions too, But like, I think I think one gave a political answer and one given honesty. That's exactly, and then so and so everybody's like, well, what is one's way more mature than the other. I'm like, what do you mean? Like, what what do you want out of athletes? Do you want honesty or do you want the political answer?
Speaker 6: The fodder part of it is what I hate about sports radio and sports in general is who cares? They're both just giving answers. Like you said, one of them was more honest than the other. We all know what's happening. Does it really matter if we dissect and nitpick every single word?
Speaker 1: It's just like, come on, what are we doing? But that's it.
Speaker 6: The inconsistency is what is driving the Twitter algorithm in the last twenty four hours, right, because the stories don't line up that one of that they're either on the two opposite sides of the room and they're not like collaborating at all. And then Kyle was like, yeah, I want to help them as much as possible. Jaj's like, I'm on the other side of the room. What are you talking about? Yeah, So it's it's whatever, who cares?
Speaker 7: Like college like classroom right where there's five hundred students. It's a small well, it's about as big as this room.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you guys something I heard though on the Guestling podcast. Yeah, that was a little more interesting than that. Guestling said that Carson Sam right, Carson wentz, No, I'm sorry, who's the other I'm sorry? Sam? I said, yeah, Carson, Max, and Kyler all in one group doing things, and then JJ over by himself doing things. So I don't know if that maybe is a different No, maybe it's not a masking.
Speaker 3: The thing is like again, the public the reporters are allowed to see one day in practice.
Speaker 5: Sure, so I know that we're trying to.
Speaker 3: Like literally pull every fiber of every movement from every player and every interaction.
Speaker 5: We're going to dissect it.
Speaker 3: And I it's fair because that's what the media is supposed to do. I think that there's a lot of just truth and honesty about what's going on in the And the thing is about McCarthy from a public perspective, is I feel like if he gave an answer that was similar to Kyler Murray, obviously he's not going to say that he's a veteran, but if he was going to take the high road and give the political answer, he would have gotten destroyed. Like I truly think that this there is a big part of this fan base that really just wants to nitpick at everything that McCarthy says and does to the negative, like he he can't do anything right. So then in a moment of honesty, and of course he's got to be pissed in disappointed. I hope he's pissed and disappointed, Like I don't want would you want your potential franchise quarterback to sit back and just give this like political you know, dog laying on my back, rubbing my belly sort of answer. I wouldn't. I would like to see a little fire from my guy. And you know, whether he ends up being the long term answer or not. But I think I think he's gonna lose lose situation sometimes with our with our public fan base, and I sort of appreciate the fact that, like we all know that you shouldn't be happy about this situation. Nobody would, So why would you go out there and give this like, Hey, I'm just so happy he's here and we're just going to compete against each other and man, whatever's best for the team, I'm all for it.
Speaker 5: BS.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was talking to Tony Stone, who's with us on this trip this weekend, and we were talking about JJ. And here's an observation I had when I was talking to him that I don't think i'd had before, in my opinion, and you guys can disagree. I believe the public has given up on JJ McCarthy. I believe the Viking fans, not you know, not across the board, but the wider population of Viking fans have moved on from him. And if i'm JJ, that pisses me off, you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, so I would. I am glad he's pissed off. I would be to same.
Speaker 5: Like that's the I guess that's the thing that I'm not.
Speaker 3: I don't know why everybody's so shocked, Maybe because we've been getting a little bit more political answers from him lately.
Speaker 2: And that's all we ever get from athletes, and somebody doesn't give us that.
Speaker 3: But but the thing is, it also wasn't so over the top angry and vitriol and like it was just here's the facts.
Speaker 5: He sits on this room, on this sether room. I send this sethe room. That's it. We're here to compete.
Speaker 3: It's he's not going to lean on Kyler for advice, Like that's he's not gonna be all I'm just a little brother to you.
Speaker 5: Now what do you what do you want from him?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: It's a probably a really tense situation. And you see the thing is you see it all the time. You see it every year in every room. There's always somebody there that's brought in to take your job. So everybody has to deal with it. He had to deal with it when he was at Michigan. He's the young kid that comes in and starting quarterback. Knew that he was there to take his job. Right, So now the roles are flipped. So now is it uncomfortable? Hell yeah, it's uncomfortable? Is it? Does it piss you off? Or you disappointed?
Speaker 5: Hell? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you feel like the organization has given you a giant side eye right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Because they are.
Speaker 6: I thought it was interesting Kyler doesn't see himself as a veteran after seven years.
Speaker 1: That was a weird way to word there. He's like, I don't really feel that. Yeah, but I don't strange.
Speaker 3: But having been in those shoes before, it it's just like anything in life when it things happen in a blink of an eye and you're technically a veteran at what year three? Players start looking at you like, oh, you're a vet.
Speaker 5: You're like, I'm a vet? What do you mean? I just got here?
Speaker 1: Figure?
Speaker 3: So I do think that life accelerates. You just have your head down and a lot of times you look up and you're like, I'm in year seven?
Speaker 6: What what just happened to Tis?
Speaker 3: So I get what he's saying that he doesn't. He probably doesn't feel like that even though he is, just because of the way life goes.
Speaker 2: Here's a an observation that I had as well. And tell me, if you think I'm right about this, I think what we just said. What I just said. You have Max, you have Carson, you have JJ, and you have Kyler. Four quarterbacks, three of them that could be starting. You know, that is the model that most NFL teams are going to have to have going forward because the amount of injuries that are happening in our league and now there are so many games you need you you don't need a quarterback in a backup. You need a couple of quarterbacks that are capable of being starting quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you really, you really do. And I think you know, what we're finding out, what we've known for a long time is it's even really hard to try to find guys that you think that you can that can come in and play a starting type of role if somebody got injured. You know, you look at Max Brosner, who's most likely going to be put on practice squad again if he makes it all the way through training camp and they still like him, but we saw what happens when he gets into a game, like there's still a big gap. So how do you how do you stockpile high quality quarterbacks that aren't going to be plucked from other teams? Because everybody that lands on practice squad can be plucked by another team as long as they're put on the actual roster. So that is the goal, and I think it becomes really really challenging to find who those guys are that can actually step in when when the time is need.
Speaker 2: Moradio one more guess with that. Sure, let's hear everybody asked about Juwan Jennings. I'll play you Kyler's answer, and I'll play jjm X answer. Obviously they're saying the right things, but seems like they're really really excited about this guy.
Speaker 10: Well and honestly, getting to meet him now it's been great. You know, I understand what type of competitor is. He's kind of given us fits for the past couple of years. Just really a dog, you know, throw it his way, uh, pretty ugly, whatever way it gets done, you know. And that's that's the type of guy's top of energy and juicy brings to the team.
Speaker 5: In the field.
Speaker 11: I'm so happy to have that guy part of the squad. You know, he's got a great energy about him. Been watching them for a long time. He's been doing it really at a high level for a long time, and we're blessed to have him part of this group.
Speaker 6: Kyler sounds exactly like somebody and I can't pace it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like.
Speaker 10: Honestly, getting to meet him now, it's been great. You know, I understand what type of competitor is. He's kind of given us fits for the past.
Speaker 1: Couple of years.
Speaker 10: Just really a dog, you know, throw it his way, uh, pretty ugly, whatever way it gets done, you know. And that's that's the type of guy's top of energy and juicy brings to the team in the field.
Speaker 2: It's right to tip my brain as well.
Speaker 3: The weird thing is he doesn't have the tone of Patrick Mahomes, but there's there's an intonation in the in the way that he pronounces words, and the cadence to me is Patrick Mahomes without the kermit voice.
Speaker 5: Well said, that's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's really good.
Speaker 5: Ben Uh.
Speaker 2: We have catha of great wide receivers now, we really do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: How does how does that?
Speaker 2: How does that work?
Speaker 5: How do you?
Speaker 2: How can you make that work?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it is going to be it's going to be difficult. But I think the thing is with Juwan is my sense is he's not going to come in and say I need to be the ball hog. You know, there's only one football to go around this offense and I need to get the line's share of that.
Speaker 5: He seems like a guy.
Speaker 3: Now this is coming from John Lynch and with the forty nine ers, this is coming from the forty nine Ers fan base.
Speaker 5: He seems like a very.
Speaker 3: Unselfish player that makes plays when he's asked to make plays, not afraid to do the dirty work. Is an old school throwback wide receiver type of guy, where he will lay the wood on a run block. He will talk trash to you in your face. He's a tone setter. He brings a physical attitude. I love the mentality that he brings to this offense because I think every offense needs a guy like this. It's he's the guy that defenders hate playing against, but then love him when he's he's your teammate. So I don't think that there's going to be this diva ish attitude where, oh, well, Addison's getting more football than me, and I feel like I'm maybe more of a two B type of player. I understand that justin Jefferson's going to get his primary targets, but where's me?
Speaker 5: What about me?
Speaker 3: I don't think that we're going to get that from from Juwan. He's he's on another he's on another contract proven year, so it's in his best interest to go out there and show the rest of the league that he can back up what he did last year in a contract year again, and that's just being a good all around football player. Now, do I ever think that he's going to be like do I think that he's a true backup in case we lose Jordan Addison.
Speaker 5: I don't. I don't think that he's that type of player.
Speaker 3: Interesting, okay, but but I think he's gonna be a great compliment to what we're doing on this offense. And I think that in my mind, he's just more of an extension of the tight end room.
Speaker 5: Person is an extension of the wide receiver room.
Speaker 1: Well said, well said, nailed it.
Speaker 2: They liked the way you said that that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we got any other controversy that that came up from yesterday.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll talk about when we come back.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, right, let's.
Speaker 1: Make something up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's make it really spicy.
Speaker 2: Harrisons decided to take over the Timberwolves coaching job.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll talk about that after this. Power to your morning, Joe on the Fan.
Speaker 6: Really from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by visit Myrtlebeach dot com six ninety four Watch