Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 1: All traces of Fred Rogan had been removed. This is petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacres terrible person, he's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pie.
Speaker 1: Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 3: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: I don't crack. He's the under pressure puss.
Speaker 4: Puss puss.
Speaker 3: Okay, shuck it down at nine.
Speaker 4: Goodulations to pedro also for the and the money that's right on their face. Live show is Summer too. Broadcasts two years the broadcasts at the Rock.
Speaker 3: And Bruce Ronnie still calls it's.
Speaker 4: Just going to be the great event. All of the fans are so exciting to celebred with you. Thank you from PMS listener union in Boston. They ask how much does he know? In New York? They ask how much is he worth? In Philadelphia, they ask who were his parents.
Speaker 2: The Gongley Yukes. That true some money. Home of the World Series champion Dodgers. AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iheartradiop that goes for the game tomorrow. If you are in the Greater LA area, Action from the Galpin Motors broadcast booth begins at three point thirty eight pm if you're not near the telly. If you're not near a radio, remember your smartphone works as that availability is there. If you're in the Greater LA area, I got to do is hit the AM five seventy LA Sports tab and you will get shohe O Tani versus Christopher Sanchez Game one, First Pig, which three thirty eight. Be sure to tune in for Dodgers on Deck an hour before that at two thirty pm, we're halfway through today's show, making our way all the way until seven pm. No play by play today. The Clippers don't get going for another week and the Dodgers begin their run and the NLDS tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So we do have plenty of stuff to enjoy in great sports talk four hours and you could podcast at all on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone and you can stream it live on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone. Do scam get podcasted?
Speaker 5: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 3: All right, it is time for the top story. Is it a top story of it?
Speaker 2: Well, Pee, your top story begins with this losses yesterday. Stars have to be stars. Do not ignore history. Look at the elimination games and why Boston and San Diego I'm going to ignore. Cleveland are going home. Boston doesn't into your narrative, you know, I'll be honest, I just don't really know. I was like, I don't know if is this guy star? I don't know is that guy that was my problem? Whereas just kind of looking through the Cubs, the Red Sox, the Yankees and the Padres Rush, I'm like, way, I know these guys. Uh Boston won for eleven effort from Duran story and Bregman h Uh Tyres dies I got again. And that's the only reason I know that he's a star because of our former intern Gabby, who was very disappointed in his effort against us, A very disappointed. Meanwhile, Yankees super Rooky Cam Schlittler was as advertised his final regular season started. He struck out nine he allowed two hits over seven and in this one, my goodness, eight innings, twelve strikeouts, zero walks. First time in Major League base Ball playoff history a rookie has put up those numbers.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, in the series, Aaron Judge hit three sixty four, Volpi hit three sixty four, and the Yankees broke the winless streak since this wild Card format was introduced. Teams winning Game one were fifteen and zero going into their final contest of the evening, and yet they ended up getting out. They will head to Toronto to take on the Blue Jays. For the Cubs, Kyle Tucker hit two seventy three, Pete Crow Armstrong hit three hundred. Michael Busch, former Dodger They're All Star, hit four hundred, and we did find out courtesy of Clyle. She sent me the note. Michael Bush traded for Jackson Ferris and Zayer Hope, so two promising minor leaguers for the All Star first baseman that was blocked by Freddie Freeman. Here in Los Angeles. He hit four hundred with a dogger and Dansby Swanson was out there making every other short stop in the big leagues look like they should quit compared to what he was doing in the field. Why are the Padres going home?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Because Tatisa Machado suck ass? Pure ass.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is very harsh.
Speaker 2: Yes, Fernando Tatis one pure class, you say, pure ass. He hit zero eight three, zero eighty three in the wild card round, four strikeouts. Machado had the one big homer in a game to win, and everyone was getting all over the Cubs skipper Craig Council like why would you pitch to him? And it's like, well, that was his only hit in the entire series. He was one for ten. He did not have a hit up to that point. I guess that's why we pitched to him. Did he make him pay?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: But Machado, for all of his chirpin and all of his chest puffin one for ten with three strikeouts. Luisa Rise who.
Speaker 3: Was one leaf, Machado was Graycia. You know, after it was all said and done, you know, he kind of took the blame on himself. He did kind of like James Franklin, you know, after losing to Oregon, he was, uh, he handled himself well.
Speaker 2: And most defended.
Speaker 4: But how do you assess the season? Like this. I mean, I mean, what type of question is that? Dude? My guy? How do I assess the season we just lost? How do you think I assessed the sea? How do you think I assess it?
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 4: I was asking you.
Speaker 3: Tell me, what's a loss we lost?
Speaker 4: How do you assess it? It's a loss you're lost?
Speaker 3: Come on, dude, I mean you could ask better questions than that.
Speaker 4: Let's go, come on, thank you, thank you for sure. You know, wait to the last second I asked that question.
Speaker 2: Sure, let me let me try this one, machado. How much of it do you blame on yourself? One for ten? One for the team was zero for eight with runners in scoring position. Luisa Rise won the batting title, and the Chattle's a big guy, very intimidated. I would imagine if you're a someone like me, a little neatly necked reporter with the microphone in his face, and he's kind of staring you.
Speaker 5: Down, going toe to toe with him. Though last year, remember Alost a year ago to the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was in Boise or something or something right.
Speaker 5: In from the dugout there Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if I had the can of turtle wax or the rag that was waxing his balls. I can't remember. That's that's how I went toe to toe with him.
Speaker 1: Kates here is the nicest guy gets a bad rough What do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sounds good to me, Dave, let's go h did we all walk away from that going yeah? It really isn't actually a nice guy he was. He was great, super nice to us, put his arm around. Dave had a big smile on his face, but he had a bad series. Uh Luis Rayes, Like I said, is won the battle like batting title. I think three times two for eleven.
Speaker 2: Uh so, yeah, it was a disastrous called strike three in the top of the ninth with Jackson merrill Avage just hit a homer to cut the lead to three one a runner on first, nobody out. But that ain't why you lost. That is not why you're going home again. Zero for eight with runners in scoring position is why you're going home. So for the team to show no class and start screaming at the umpires as they're walking off the field, and by the way, umpires just keep walking, man, don't engage as we're watching.
Speaker 3: Maybe that was like the uh maybe that was like the alternate guy that that that we got in love, right, you know what I mean? Like the guy who never made it out there, And then the security had to say that was that was fair? Yeah, I haven't seen so much anger since those waymos got lit on fire downtown a while back.
Speaker 2: That's what it was like. It was like a flaming weymo. Uh, they could have got a hit. Maybe you don't need a ninth inning rally to win a game after doing nothing in the previous eight and uh, the last time I checked, there were two on and one out for Croninworth, who grounded out, and then runners on second and third in scoring position with the best hitter in the series for the Padres, Freddie Furman in the box set up for a rally and he popped out the center. So still opportunities there to overcome. But as we have detailed on the show, mostly courtesy of David Vasse, the Padres are far too emotional of a bunch, and things like that really get into their head. Game over, series over, season over, and in a Fred Rogan like way, no hope, Padres over, this was probably their last shot. There was part of me that was kind of hoping they could make the NLCS so the Dodgers could put that nail in the car.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, you really wanted to grind your toe on Daniel's eyeball.
Speaker 2: I kind of did. Because they got all these free agents. Dylan Cees, Arise Suarez is going to opt out of his deal, Jason Adam, who was injured all year, he's a free agent. I'm assuming Darvish is probably going to retire the honor of Darvish not wanting to take fifteen million bucks with half an elbow left in that arm. Is the window closed, I don't know. It's if it's open, it's barely open. So this was kind of a push all your chips in. We're trading like nine prospects for O'Hearn and Furman and Mason Miller, and this is our year and they didn't even get out of the wild Card because their stars didn't play. They didn't hit the Dodger stars pe We've talked about it extensively. It's not just one or two, It's been all of them. Sho Hail, Tani, Mookie Betts, Tascar, Hernandez. They all have slugging percentages, not ops, slugging percentages over a thousand.
Speaker 3: Felt like they did come out to play right like the Warriors.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was thinking, you got to keep them separated, come out and play a lot of people know that's why they had to have the secondary title, keep them set rated in parentheses because nobody knew the ops.
Speaker 3: I didn't know either.
Speaker 2: When you look through the Dodgers lineup, they have eight players over one thousand. I mean, that's how ridiculous they hit against the Reds, whether it was Mickey Rojas, Tommy Edmund, Freddie Freeman is hitting over five hundred in addition to all the other names I mentioned. That is why they didn't just win the series against the Reds. That is why they demolished them. Now, to use the same analogy that David Vasse used with us in the Suite, there is a huge step up in weight class for their competition. This is not heavyweight versus lightweight. This is a full on nineteen eighty style fifteen round Michael Spinks versus Larry Holmes showdown. And with Otani at the top of the lineup, the Phillies are going with three lefties as their starters. They want to shut down Otani. They want to shut down Freddie Freeman. It is a Sanchez Lozardo Suarez back to back to back. If you've been watching any Phillies baseball and you're wondering what does that mean? Are they good? Well? Lozardo struck out two hundred and sixteen, walked just fifty seven. He had two starts against the Dodgers this year, went one to one and through fourteen innings, allowed four earned runs. Struck out fourteen in those fourteen innings, so pretty good. Suarez, who on the season struck out one hundred and fifty one. Former All Star ranger Suarez, he walked just thirty eight. He did have just one start against the Dodgers. He lasted just four and a third, over which he gave up seven hits and three runs. Now many saying that Christopher Sanchez would probably be your cy young favorite were it not for Paul Skeens dominating everyone and anything in his way. Sanchez throw a two hundred innings two and a half ERA. Twenty two of his starts were quality. Struck out two hundred and twelve, walked just forty four. Pretty impressive. But in his two games against the Dodgers, twelve and two thirds gave up thirteen. It's eight runs and four Doggers and he is throwing Game one. And as we mentioned yesterday, if you can get to because no Zach Wheeler, that threw a big wrench into the Phillies' plans to kind of take that next step. They've been to the World Series and loss. They've been to an NLCS and lost. Wildly disappointed by the Mets last year. It was supposed to be Phillies Dodgers in the NLCS. Instead the Mets upset him. As Spilly Ryan Spilboards told us yesterday he thinks it's destiny for this Phillies team. They're way too good to not have at least one World Series title. Well, you put their cy young candidate out there, their ace that's supposed to be pitching Game one and if needed game four, you get to him and show hey Otani pitches like he's pitched in the month of September. I think you feel pretty good. Not not guess up the jet, but you got Blake Snell in Game two, and you saw the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Have an edge in this series. It's not a big.
Speaker 2: Edge, no, which is why I think if you win Game one, it becomes. I think it decidedly pushes to the Dodgers to have Snell versus Lozardo and Yamamoto against Suarez. I think that this game one is the one where if they're gonna get this series, they're probably gonna have to get this first game. Otani in his first ever playoff start. I don't think there's any chance he's kind of any jitters or anything like that, But of course they just ramped him up to six innings for the first time his last time out, so that'd be the one for them to get set the tone and then feel pretty good about trying to get one of the next two and then see if you can win the game if you need a game back in Philadelphia. As for the hitters, p Bryce Harper hit two sixty against the Dodgers this year five for nineteen, one homer, two doubles, seven strikeouts. Kyle Schwarber did not play well against the Dodgers, hit one fifty eight, three for nineteen one home runs.
Speaker 3: He is there hitting star. Yeah, Like when Freddie Freeman came to the Dodgers, he was the hitting star, and then Otani showed up and he was the hitting star. Right It feels like if there was no Schwarber's that guy in Philly, right.
Speaker 2: I think if if Otani's not winning the MVP, Schwarber's the guy that's probably getting it. So the fact that they were able to keep him contained also nineteen at backs.
Speaker 3: It's like having an Aaron Judge and Otani playing against each other.
Speaker 2: Exactly got it and an old friend alert. Trey Turner was just two for ten with three strikeouts against the Dodgers. Nick Castillanos two sixty seven, four for fifteen with a homer flip side that, though Otani Nobeo against the Phillies five for twenty three a two seventeen average, ten strikeouts, two Doggers, just two ribbys. The rest of the bunch Mookie two sixty six for twenty three a home or four ribbies, five strikeouts, Freddy two seventy three three for eleven to one homer, two strikeouts, missed a few of the games, uh and Max Munsey two sixty seven to four to fifteen to one homer. So pretty much everybody kind of right and step against a good team if they can put up those numbers, and then Otani can become Otani like he has been in nearly everything else save that one or those whatever six games seven games against the Phillies, then uh, looks like they're set up to be pretty good.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Blake Snell shut them out on the seventeenth of this month to avoid the sweep here at Dodger Stadium. Why are the Phillies throwing three lefties because they are twenty four and twenty three to Dodgers against left handed pitchers compared to sixty nine and forty six against righty's. As you said, p, these two teams are very good, and many think whoever wins this series is winning the World Series. That the Dodgers and Phillies outclass the Brewers, Cubs that are left in the NL and any team Blue Jays, Yankees, Tigers, and whoever the hell else I'm forgetting about in the American League. Shame on me. What kind of seamhead am I?
Speaker 3: The Yankees, the Blue Jays, and the Marinias, yes, who are.
Speaker 2: All supposed supposedly a team of destiny, have never won a World Series, much like the Padres. The Padres will not win a World Series this year because they're going home early because Fernando Tatis hit zero eight three and Manny Machado hit one hundred.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad you're not traveling this weekend because I think that would be too much for Danielle.
Speaker 2: Probably probably if the Dodgers smoke the Phillies, though, he's gonna it's just gonna compound his depression, I think.
Speaker 3: And nobody wants compound depression most definitely. You want it very simple with that already, all right, we will be back. We will have Ben Boltch on with the latest the onslaught on. Martin Jarman does not end La Times with a big swing today. They're gonna fly a banner tomorrow over the Rose Bowl. They'll be able to see it from locking you out of high and then right next to our Saint Francis. We'll be right back with more. Petro somebody on M five seventy La Sports Ben Bolch of the La Times.
Speaker 1: Next, We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road.
Speaker 2: Trip all summer with La Sports. Petro saying money AM five seventy e LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Got a whole lot of play by play happening. Dodgers Phillies Game one of the NLDS is tomorrow, first pitch, three thirty eight pm. Shohe Otani making his post season pitching debut. He gets the start against Christopher Sanchez, and then Sunday we'll have Chargers versus Commander, so play by play all weekend. And that's not the only play by play happening in town.
Speaker 3: P No, well there'll be a game. Uh us, he's on a bye, but UCLA is up and running. At twelve thirty at the Rose Ball I saw the Penn State truck the Big Ring making its way up the one ten North today. So Penn State coming off a loss in overtime to Oregon in town, big Road favorites against the UCLA Bruins. We had this guy on a couple weeks ago when we were at Morongo, and he does a great job covering UCLA sports specifically what is a very interesting and and probably very frustrating if you're a UCLA person football season. It's been a frustrating few years for UCLA football. Martin Jarmond the athletic director is under heavy pressure, and there's heavy pressure for the new chancellor to get rid of him. What's going to happen? Well, there was a very explosive and interesting article written today in the La Times by Ben Boltch. Explosive. So we have a lot to discuss with Bolch, the UCLA beat rider, who does a fabulous job on your for the La Times, on your Southern California Toyota dealer's celebrity hotline the La Times. Ben Bolch with us right now. What's crack it?
Speaker 4: Ben?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 6: That's too one gentleman. Always a pleasure to be on with you.
Speaker 3: We appreciate it first and foremost. You know, the stuff you had today about Jarman was interesting, just kind of drawing a picture of ineptitude in the athletic department. Maybe there's also some supporters as well. As I thought you did a good job of laying out there. But they sent out a weird email that had a bunch of information they shouldn't have sent out, with Troy Aikman's address on it and stuff. They upset a booster at one of those Mexican restaurants in Tucson. How do you upset somebody at one of those restaurants. So we're so fun and and all these other things have happened. Just kind of lay it out. How intense I mean, you were there for the for the fire, Steve Alford banners and all the different things that happened fire, Chip Kelly banners. How intense is this compared to that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a great question, and it's it's kind of reached that critical mass fever pitch stage. I will say it feels pretty similar to kind of the sense I got right before de Sean Foster was let go only a few weeks ago, right, So, I mean you did all you have to do is hop on social media. Uh, there's lots of calls for for Martin Johnmon to be let go. And as I wrote the story, there's there's an airplane banner scheduled to fly over the tailgating area in downtown Pasadena tomorrow morning from around ten am to eleven thirty that we'll have similar messaging to you know, smiss Martin Jarmon on the banner. So it's it's pretty intense. And you know, as I also know, the Chanswer's office has been flooded with emails about this issue as well, So they're well aware of it and it's not getting the pressure is not letting up at all.
Speaker 2: Ben just in terms of, you know, how much of this revolves around the next hiring of the football coach and then the fact that he's made a couple hires or his last hired it certainly did not work out.
Speaker 3: Does it?
Speaker 2: Just based on the search party and whoever's going to be conducting the interviews and calling the shots on that, how involved would Jarman even be in that based on the list of names we've seen kind of attached to that search.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a great question. And I think, you know, honestly, if they were to make a move with Martin Jarmond, one of the things that should comfort UCLA fans is that, hey, they've already got some some really smart people and some good names, you know, in place to make that selection that that would you know, still be able to do so. I mean we're talking about Bob Myers, the former UH General manager of the Golden State Warriors, who are Steve Kerr, Adam Peters UH commander's GM who brought in Dan Quinn took them to the NFC championship in year one. Casey Wasserman one of the biggest names in the sports business. So, uh, you know, they've got some some heavy hitters who have a history of hiring coaches, and you know, no matter how this turns out with the athletic director, uh, you got to have some confidence that these people could make a.
Speaker 3: Good hire either way. It feels like he's under intense scrutiny from those people, right, like they're not gonna he might have had his wings clipped already, mean from whom, from Casey wasser Those guys are gonna let Jarman go out and make a high.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, they agreed to be on the uh, you know, they agreed to be part of this, so you know, I would imagine that they will have very strong voices and they will say, you know, if they disagree with the directions going, they won't you know, stand for that, because these are people who have reputations to uphold as well. So I expect that you know, they'll they'll do a lot of the heavy lifting here and you know, maybe Martin, we'll just kind of like say, yeah, I agree with that's a that's a great decision. If it comes to that.
Speaker 3: I mean almost thirty years ago, I was playing football in town Ben and the knock on UCLA was that they're great, but they don't pay enough attack. And this was when Bob Toledo was winning twenty straight games. They're great, but they don't pay enough attention to their football program. They don't treat it like the cash cow it is to care for the other athletic programs they have, which are also excellent. It seems like that's still kind of a prevailing sentiment all these years later, with all the changes we've had in college football. Do you agree with that? Well?
Speaker 6: I did up till they hired Shikelly and hate him. Are really you know, competitive?
Speaker 3: I thought that changed everything too.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, And you know Wasserman centers seventy five million, paying five million dollars plus a year for food. I mean, come on, these are big commitments they're making. So, you know, I think it went down a little bit with the Deshaun Foster. His salary was clearly below that, But I don't think that signals any sort of lesser commitment to football under UCLA. I think the money's there, you know. I think they do have to go out and put together a record package and figure out what their NIL strategy going forward, because that's that's as probably more important than how much they're going to pay the coaches, how much they could pay the players, right, So that's the issue they have to resolve.
Speaker 2: How much of the Jarman thing is just as simple as just what a complete disaster this year has been with Deshan Foster. I know, you know, the article is fantastic, it's a great read. There's so many just specific stories that are hard to believe one of them, let alone the compilation of them. But it really feels like this is kind of, you know, a result of no one's going to the Rose Bowl. Deshan Foster was a mess this year, and you know, because mix play mixed coaching it. You know, the basketball team up pretty darn well. They've got some good players coming in. Is this as simple as football, Ben, I.
Speaker 6: Think that's a great point, and I would say it probably is the reason the spotlight has gotten so hot, absolutely, But as you alluded to it, it does go deeper than football. But I do think the reason we're having this conversation right now and it's come to the forefront is completely because of football. Both with the failure to to you know, deal with and dismiss Chip Kelly when it was clear he was not the coach for this team, and then you know, kind of making that quick pivot to Deshaun Foster when they self imposed a ninety six hour timeline, which was you know, completely unnecessary and kind of to me tipping their hand that they'd already pretty much decided on which way they were going to go. So I think that was, you know, a big, big mistake, and now we're seeing the.
Speaker 3: Results as far as the rest of this year goes. I mean, Penn State coming in here all angry after losing to Oregon not ideal. It's going to be a long road trip for them, and maybe UCLA shows some gusto. But Tim Skipper seems to be a lot easier to cover for you guys. He just gave a custom jersey to Gary Danielson, who's doing the game tomorrow on CBS. How do you think the rest of the year is going to play out? And what's it like covering this team in the aftermath of all that stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's really interesting. I mean, as I wrote after they lost to Northwestern, my alma mater, that I think it's fair to say they're on oh one to twelve watch right now, right because they won They've lost every game that you kind of penciled in as a you know, considered almost automatic win over un L V New Mexico Northwestern, right, and they dropped all three of those, and some of them convincingly. So you know, I'm just looking at the games they might win. It's having a little bit of intrigue. I mean, I think I've got like three, three or four left where you're like, Okay, if everything goes right and they can figure out the offense it's now being run by Jerry new Heil, maybe they'll have a chance here. But certainly Saturday is not one of those games.
Speaker 2: Last one for me?
Speaker 4: Ben.
Speaker 2: Does it Does it affect the hiring of a head coach and who might be interested in this job if in fact they go to twelve or one and eleven, Like, does it make a difference if they win three games versus zero games?
Speaker 6: I think it does not make a difference. I think this is a Sonk season, a last season, and it really will have no bearing on the future and the resources and commitment that they're going to make to whoever the next coaches. So I think, you know, there's really not that much on the line the rest of the season other than save faith, avoid embarrassment, you know, maybe convince some of the promising freshmen to stick around and and just hire the right coach and rebuild this thing very quickly.
Speaker 3: Do you think Jerry calls plays throughout the rest of the season or does it get taken by Noel Mazzoni or something.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure it's going to be Jerry. I think that they, you know, are really excited about that. Actually, And Noel is a great uh you know, he was the OC when when Jerry was playing here and came off the bench to beat Texas. Yes, so I think he's going to be kind of the elder statesman advisor role. But uh, you know, a great, great person to have in your quarter.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, Ben, and great perspective as always, a fine piece of journalism today about Martin Jarmond in the LA Times. And enjoy your weekend here in Los Angeles. We hope you enjoyed your trip back to your alma mater.
Speaker 6: I certainly did, Petros, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: All right, there he goes Ben Bolch of the LA Times told.
Speaker 2: To wear blue. They can use every last blue shirt thing. Yeah, the blue out is we're blue blue in. They're ben help him out. Huh.
Speaker 3: You know a lot of people are you know using the you know, spelling it b l.
Speaker 2: E w Oh, that's a good idea. It's going to be a blue out.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back with Matt's NFL picks on m FI seventy l A Sports, your home of the Dodgers no longer the home of UCLA football.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness, Hello, PMS listener. Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Rodney. That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, everybody, Petro send money on AM five seventy LA Sports. Dodgers Phillies Game one of the NLDS coming up tomorrow, so don't miss that three point thirty eight first pitch two thirty Morocco Casino Dodgers on Deck starring Tim Kaits, So don't forget that. We got football. We had the college whip earlier. We talked some Dodgers, we have David Vassa, we had Bulch, But most importantly, Charge versus Commanders kick off at one twenty five on KFI on AM sixty, Matt Buddy Smith, the voice of the Bolts, not the guy on the pier, saying Chargers.
Speaker 2: Dodgers, what's your Chargers pride?
Speaker 1: Deep?
Speaker 3: Stand up? Shannon Fannns and of course Daniel Jeremiah a despondent Oh, very Padre fan.
Speaker 5: But right now, yeah, where's dj huh on?
Speaker 3: It is time for Matt's NFL He he had to do a Dodger story. So we gotta put the NFL picks elsewhere, and we're putting them right here, all.
Speaker 2: Right, pe, We're gonna go one in each window. Four picks lost the Thursday night or last night, You forget or you didn't, Probably I did forget that. Shanahan just gets in Sean mcvay's head. My god, is he a mental wreck? Whenever Shanahan and all the forty nine ers come to town. So lost that one five and seven on the season. We're gonna go one in each window. London game early one, Browns getting three and a half. First career start for Dylan Gabriel, first career start will be in London. First career start will be against Brian Flores and that aggressive, blitzing Minnesota defense. You saw what they did to Jake Browning last week. Flip side though, Cleveland got a hell of a defense, beat the Packers and they're playing thirty nine year old Carson Wentz behind a beat the hell offensive line down three starters, So who's going to be out there protecting Wentz? Third string center, third string left guard, back up right tackle. Two excellent coaches, Kevin O'Connell, Kevin Stefanski, the Kevins. I'll take the under thirty six. It's a low under, but this thing reeks thirteen ten, seventeen, fourteen type of game to the early window, ten am Pacific kickoff, Raiders at Colts. I want to take the Colts. Just not crazy about laying six and a half. It is clear Gino Smith has regressed a little bit, going to be down as left tackle. Colton Miller dealing with an ankle. Brock Bauers has not been the same since his knee injury, but I think with the emergence of empty they could put up points and they could win. Indianapolis is one of the highest scoring outfits in the NFL right now thirty one per game, which means all I'd need from the Raiders is seventeen and we hit the over, so we will go over forty seven and a half Raiders Colts for the ten am. By the way, last season, we were all celebrating as being one of the great tight end season we'd ever seen from Brock Bauers.
Speaker 3: I had a tight end party that there's the tight end camp with Kelsey Taylor Swift saying at it. Yeah, it's very very celebratory toward that position.
Speaker 2: Tyler Warren is unpaced to break Rockbauer's rookie tight end records pretty good year later, he's he's really it's crazy to think, but maybe he's even better considering all the different ways that they're using him. But both incredible, just wild that what we thought was something we'd never see again could very well fall the following year Afternoon games. Of course, I'm going to stay away from Mars. You mentioned if he won twenty five PM America's Game of the Week on five bucks. Did it last week? Not last week, maybe two weeks ago. I did it two weeks ago with the gigantic line, took the Ravens over the Browns, laying eleven and a half, and it worked out this week. I'm gonna do it again. I'll lay the ten and a half to the Bengals and take the Lions. I mentioned it earlier, Jake Browning and the Bengals versus the Vikings disaster. Lions, after a disappointing first week, found the rhythm they are humming. Laying ten and a half as a road favorite is not smart, but Jamar Chase has less than fifty receiving yards and two straight. He's kind of got this squeaky wheel thing going on right now. Lions running game crushing it. Montgomery's a Cincinnati guy, so big homecoming for him. Figure at least one touchdown there. The Bengals defense not good against the run, so I will take the Lions. Lay the ten and a half as a road favorite, something unthinkable in the NFL, but that's how bad the Bengals are banged up. And finally Sunday Night football, I'm gonna take the points. I'll take the Patriots and the seven and a half. The Bills had the wild win over the Ravens in Week one, but since then they have feasted on the Jets, the Dolphins, and the Saints.
Speaker 3: Stay their fault.
Speaker 2: It's not their fault. You can only play who's on the schedule, right The Patriots, though, while the record two and two versus four and zero, they thumped the Panthers, knocked off the Dolphins, hung in against the Steelers in what was just a way too sloppy game for them, a lot of their own mistakes in Week one. I'll chalk up against the Raiders to Week one. I think it'll be high scoring. Was tempted to take the over. Drake may is playing great about two fifty passing per game, seven touchdowns to two picks, his QB rating one to ten. He's got two rushing touchdowns, doing his best Josh Allen impression. His weapons starting to show up. Hunter Henry three touchdowns on the season, Stefon Diggs just at his first one hundred yard game, and I figure rookie Traveon Henderson set for his big breakout. The Bills struggle against the run. Are they gonna win? Probably not, But with a hook seven and a half. We'll take the Patriots and the points.
Speaker 3: Once again, Matt.
Speaker 2: Those eight kicks Patriots plus seven and a half, Colts Raiders over forty seven and a half, Lions minus ten and a half, and Brown's Vikings in London under thirty six and a half.
Speaker 3: And you blame McVeigh and Shanahan's mental rivalry for Yeah, last night's loss was it was.
Speaker 2: Just it was a dumb pick. It was a really dumb pick. You don't want to give eight and a half points to Kyle Shanahan when he's playing McVeigh. The guy's eight and two against him, for God's sake. So I don't know what the hell I was thinking. You're just you know, the Rams are playing.
Speaker 3: Is best receiver in the country.
Speaker 2: The Niners came in with a practice squad on offense, backup, backup, tight end, backup receivers Mac Jones, and I didn't know that Mac Jones was gonna throw for four hundred and the two touchdowns. Pretty good, take off his shirt and smoke a cigar in the locker room.
Speaker 3: He was very pleased, a lot to be happy about. Absolutely, Alabama just beat Georgia. I've resurrected my professional career. Mac Jones is puffing on a cigar after everybody watching him. Al Michael's had a rough night.
Speaker 5: Yes, didn't think he was going to survive that game. Did you see that late fourth?
Speaker 3: Yeah, over turning beat up.
Speaker 5: I mean his tailbowe pads all sticking out. His pants are having to look like vic pen in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: And kind of that's a little bit, but true pants areround the ankles.
Speaker 3: Final our fun fact and quick. It's coming up next. Stay with us on a Frogman Friday. It's Petrock Somebody on m FI seventy l a Sport Frogman