Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 5: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the World champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 4: Hi, everybody, and good morning.
Speaker 7: Welcome in to Moronco Casino Dodgers on deck on this Sunday, July nineteenth, as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers said at sixty two and thirty six on the season first place, it's top the NL West. After a series opening winner with the Yankees on Friday night, rain unfortunately washed away of the game last night. So today the Dodgers and the Yankees with a day night doubleheader from the Bronx. Yoshinobu Yamamoto will be on the mound in the first game, first pitch coming up at nine to thirty five. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here. On a wronggo Casino. Dodgers on deck, You're gonna hear from David vass Our, Dodger insider. He'll go one on one with Dodger closer Tanners Scott.
Speaker 4: That's coming up in forty five minutes.
Speaker 7: We'll check in with the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts, get his pregame thoughts as we got your Dodgers magical moment coming up in thirty minutes. We'll also check in with Charlie Steiner on this Sunday morning. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson, who is live on the field in the Bronx at the New Yankee Stadium. In just a few minutes. We will check in, of course with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday at the Galloping four broadcast booth.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 7: Last night in the Bronx the game was rained out, but before that, on Friday night, the first game back post All Star Break, Rookie Sasaki got the start in the right hander will go toe to toe with Orange Lutheran's own Garrett Cole. Sasaki gave up a leadoff double the third, but got out of it with an inning double play in the fourth.
Speaker 4: The defense are reared as.
Speaker 7: Ugly ahead again a double by Jason Dominguez with an air from Andy Pais, but Dominga is at third. A pass ball from Dalton Rushing brought in Dominguz and the Yankees, with an unearned run, took a one nothing lead. The Dodgers offense meanwhile limited by Garrett Cole until the seventh inning, with his pitch count getting up. There a lead off walk to Mookie Betts, Aaron Judge elected to mean the Aaron Boone elected to stick with Betts, to stick with Aaron Garrett Cole on the mound instead of going to a reliever to face Max Munsey.
Speaker 4: In that move from Aaron Aaron Boone, with backfire, Munsey has worked the count even now. The two to two pitch.
Speaker 3: Lunch to right field, Munsey trumps a bet and the hammer.
Speaker 1: Dodger's up two.
Speaker 4: To one as Munsey sends one to the second deck.
Speaker 3: Aaron Boone stuck with Garrett Cole and Max Months.
Speaker 4: He made the Yankees pay the price.
Speaker 5: Cole made a mistaken Months he didn't oh did he clopper that one?
Speaker 7: Max Monsey with a seventh pitch at bat and on the seventh pitch a two run home run to ride his eighteenth of the season. Dodgers flipped the scoreboard in the Bronx take a two to one lead.
Speaker 4: Then in the eighth things got a little dicey.
Speaker 7: Alex Vessi on in relief a one out walk to Trent Grisham that put the tie in run on base for the rookie Ben Rice Bessie.
Speaker 2: Out of the stretch, Rice hits one in the air right center field, back.
Speaker 1: Toward the bullpen.
Speaker 2: It is off the bottom of the wall, played by Pajes.
Speaker 3: Christian being waved home. Here's the relay from Bets to play. He's out, Pot has the bets to Rushing and Grisham is gone at the plate water play.
Speaker 7: How about the Dodgers defense, Andy Pajes the mookie Betts. He makes the throw home to Dalton Rushing and he puts the tag on Chrisham for the final out. The Yankees would challenge, but the call stands.
Speaker 4: He's out.
Speaker 7: Vessi able to get out of the inning without giving up a run. The ninth belonged to Tanner Scott, who closed it out. Dodgers would they come back win two to one. Jack Dryer against the winning relieve Tanner. Scott got the save on Friday night. Dodgers with the win. Now sixty two and thirty six, they're leading the division as we speak, is twelve games over the Diamondbacks. After our rainout last night, Dodgers and Yankees will play two today in the Bronx.
Speaker 4: Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound in the first game.
Speaker 7: First pitch from Yankee Stadium is coming up in nine thirty five, and with more we head out to the galloping for broadcast booth as we say.
Speaker 4: Good morning to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Guys, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: Sim Good morning to you here from the boogie down Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 4: Let's play two mo.
Speaker 5: What do you say?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah. Ernie Banks used to say that all the time. Good days for two, Good day for two when he was a coach with the We go through airports two three o'clock in the morning and begin, you know, Chicago Cubs, A good day for two. Ernie, Just be quiet, get on the bus. Let's go to a hotel.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, it's going to be a long one here underneath the blaring sun and a humid summer day here in the Bronx as well as the Dodgers, have a chance to in this first one anyway.
Speaker 5: Clinch the series.
Speaker 2: After the series opening victory on Friday, pack of a ball game, another close one between these two clubs, and Max Mountsey's home run proving to be the difference.
Speaker 9: What did you take away from the opener?
Speaker 5: What I took away was basically a different sight than what we saw the final three games before the All Star break. The Dodgers in those three games did not hit well. They didn't play well. They didn't pitch particularly well either. They had electricity and Friday night I talked with Mookie Bez. I thought that really the play, the big, big play was the relay from Pahz on a fly ball that hit the bottom part of the right center field wall. Paz was able to get the ball, make the long throw to Mookie Bets. Bets had to run about twenty feet to get the ball, made an off bountains throw to home played. They got that run around. I thought that was a terrific play. I talked with Bets on the on the bus yesterday that, by the way, only went halfway to the stadium. Then we got word that had been rained out and the bus made a U turn. We went back to hotel. But Mooki said it was one of the better throws he's ever made in his life. I said, did you have one hundred percent? He says, it was every ounce that he could possibly make. He goes and I can't make that play unless Pie is going to get me in the baseball So it was a much sharper played game with a lot more electricity and hopefully that's a sign of good things to come.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially after the sloppiness that led to the Yankees first run Pie as his air in center field in the pass.
Speaker 4: Ball from Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 2: Was good to see the Dodgers kind of put that behind him instead of doing what they did in the final home sand, which was letting those types of play snowball them, snowball on them a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the hitting obviously, and Munsey had a hanging slider. I'll tell you what, he almost knocked out a section of seats out in the in the stands itself. So that was a very good way to start the official second half of the season. It's only one game, is going to be a long day and night at the office, and the Dodgers. Hopefully you have a very happy bus ride from here to Philly later tonight.
Speaker 2: Amen. Some housekeeping notes before we get it back to you, u TC one show Hey O'tani will not start on Wednesday. The Dodgers have not determined when he's going to pitch. It just not has responded well to him as he's tried to throw. He is leading off as the dh for this first game of the doubleheader, though, as the Dodgers said, Yoshinobu Yama motor to the mound facing the Yankee ace and likely front runner for the Alsy Young Award Cam Sluttler. We'll break down that pitching matchup and get a key from Mo in a little bit.
Speaker 7: All right, thank you, Nelly, as we cut you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on Shaky's Pizza Parlor or to your Shaky's Pizza Shakin and Moojo's at Shakey's dot Com. All right, we're off and running on this Sunday morning here on Marongo Casino.
Speaker 4: Dodgers on deck. Coming up, David Vase, he's.
Speaker 7: Got the latest on show, Hey Otani, We'll get you the Dodger manager Dave Roberts his pregame thoughts, the latest on the Dodgers' injuries front.
Speaker 4: A couple of Dodger pitchers are out on minor league rehab assignments.
Speaker 7: As his key k hern Nandez, We've got your Dodgers magical moment. Charlie Steiner stops by. We'll break down this pitch. He match up so much to get to up. Next, we'll get your Tani re Ryan and we'll visit with Sports in LA's Kirsten Watson live on.
Speaker 4: The field in New York.
Speaker 7: So we lead you up to Dodgers and Yankees, Game one of a day night double header, first pitch of nine thirty five.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kayson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and the Yankees on this Sunday morning. The Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. First pitch in the Bronx is coming up at nine thirty five.
Speaker 4: This is the Otani Well Show.
Speaker 7: Hey Otani had a quiet Friday night in his first game back since the All Star Break, less than a week after having a procedure on his left knee, went zero for four, now hitting two eighty nine on this season.
Speaker 4: More on show, Hey, coming up.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 7: Hey, Kirston now joins us from the Bronx. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of.
Speaker 4: That old car.
Speaker 7: Donate today, your car can be picked up tomorrow. Donate now carsfo Kids dot Org. That's cars with the k Let's play two a doubleheader today after the rainout last night.
Speaker 4: Kirston and here we go Yoshinobu.
Speaker 7: Yamamoto in game one. But what are the Dodgers gonna do? What they're gonna play to today?
Speaker 10: Yeah, exactly so, because coming into this game, obviously they were gonna see Emmit Shean have the start on Saturday night and then Yoshinobu was gonna have the primetime start tonight. So with the decision to move Yoshinobu to game one of the doubleheader, Dave Roberts was saying, it's a few things one Yoshi can provide lengths thing that he consistently does whether it's getting through seven or even we've seen him get deeper into the game, so he does provide someone who is reliable is going to kind of get as deep as he possibly can, and then it helps set them up for game two. So I had mentioned that Emmitt shan was supposed to have to start on Saturday. The Dodgers are actually going to push him back to having the start of game one in Philadelphia tomorrow on Monday. So that means they're going to go with the bullpen game for Game two. They do have wind and next, so he is built up a bit. They also are going to be being able to carry a twenty eighth man Kyle hurt Is here. So the good news they do feel like they'll have coverage and especially if Yoshunova can go deep in game one, it should set them up nicely for game two.
Speaker 4: But looking ahead, what are the Dodgers' plans?
Speaker 7: Is they get to Philadelphia, himage Sheen gets pushed back. How does that make that rotation look at Philadelphia exactly?
Speaker 10: It makes it look a little bit different. So the reason that they decided to push back Emitt Shanna day is because shohev Tani is actually not going to making that start on Wednesday. We know that during the All Star break, or I should say right before the break began, he had an injection and that left knee, and the knee isn't bothering him when he's been pitching, not necessarily when he's in s adah. So he is going to DH in Game one today, potentially in game two. Dave Rockford hill decide after Game one. But when he's on the mound, he's feeling the pressure in that left me. He's working through a few mechanical change to try to address it. But when he was playing catch over these this weekend, he essentially sold to the trainers he felt something. And so due to the standings right now, the Dodgers being so far ahead being the best human baseball, do they believe, you know what, now with the time where we need to give show pay a little bit extra, especially on the pitching side, then let's do that. So Dave Roberts announts to it, he's not going to make this start on Wednesday, and it's not really going to be a day to day thing. There's a chance he might miss a couple starts. Dave Roberts said, that he does expect him to return to pitching. It's more of how can they give him some a dish time to really let that left niche heel, or at least make the adjustments to put him in a better position so that he can be healthy for the most important.
Speaker 4: Game, no doubt about it.
Speaker 7: Need him healthy for that stretch run in October. Curres the Thanks very much. We'll check in with you after the game. Still to come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll check it with David Vasse. He'll go one on one with Tanner Scott. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. This is the Dodgers and Yankees, game one of a day night double header. First pitch coming up in nine thirty five. I have Tim Keats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio down.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deech on your home for the blue all season lost.
Speaker 7: Marogo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Sunday morning. Dodgers and Yankees, Marongo Casino Resort and Spa A Grand slam for good times. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first pitch coming up at nine thirty five.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers injury report.
Speaker 7: Is it in my UCLA healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Blake trying it on the iel the right elbow inflammation. Will Smith not progressing with the next inflammation. He has shut down baseball activities. Keyky Hernandez in Triple A, Oklahoma City on a rehab assignment. He has got that left oblique injury that he's coming back from. Tyler Glass now throwing off flat ground. The hope for him is to throw bullpen sessions and try to ramp up here after the All Star break. Blake Snell is on a minor league rehab assignment. Pitched last night. More on that coming up, and when Diaz made a couple of appearances in Ontario with the Tower Buzzers as he is working his way back from an injury as well.
Speaker 4: All right, let's head.
Speaker 7: Back out to Yankee Stadium and check in with the Dodgers Skipper DA Questions for.
Speaker 1: Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: Yeah, obviously it's helpful to have Yoshi go game one, and theory we get more length to protect this for game too. Don't know what we're going to do as far as the starter for game two, it's I think it's going to depend on obviously game one. Emmett, we're going to push him back to tomorrow, So I think that in theory a bullpen game for game two.
Speaker 8: Makes a lot of sense. But yeah, I mean, I think we're a good spot.
Speaker 1: Why did you decide to push back Emmett?
Speaker 11: Well, I think that you know, the elephant in the room is a show. He's not going to start on Wednesday.
Speaker 5: His is me.
Speaker 11: We just want to continue to give it the best chance to kind of get into a good spot. And as he said, as we feel it's the pitching and the torque on landing on that leg that kind of gets it upset, and so I think that the hitting doesn't do that. So I think that for us, we're trying to give it as much time as possible. So I think being able to kick Emmett to Monday made the most sense.
Speaker 7: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts So showhil Tani will not make his start in Philadelphia in the next series. What does that mean for the Dodgers rotation? What do they do now moving forward? Man with the answers is next David Vasse. We'll check in live from Yankee Stadium when we continue here. On Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck, It's a day night double header in game one with Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first pitch coming up at nine thirty five. I'm Tim Kaison's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's Dodgers and Yankees day night doubleheader after the rainout last night, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound first pitch and the Bronx coming up in nine thirty five. Dodgers Baseball brought to by Elpoto, Born in La and made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salsas and hot saucas.
Speaker 4: Right to you El Pato Gourmet in a.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deack. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Bai.
Speaker 7: All right, David, we just heard from the manager, Dave Roberts, who says Showy Otani will not pitch on Wednesday, as we thought against the Phillies.
Speaker 4: What does this do now to the Dodgers rotation?
Speaker 6: Well, I asked Dave Roberts that Tim and the Dodgers aren't going to continue to keep the integrity of a six man rotation intact until O'tani returns, and even worst case scenario pitching wise, if Otani can't pitch again this year, the Dodgers feel with the lead they have and Roki Sasaki is still in their rotation and just you know, justin Robleski throwing more innings than he ever has before, with Blake Snell coming back last Now, eventually they just see a lot of value of sticking with the integrity of a six man rotation because coming out of spring training and the way they constructed this roster all along, they knew this was a possibility where maybe O'tani could not go as a pitcher on certain days Skip starts, so all of that was baked in coming out of spring training. Now this is a little bit more extended than what they were anticipating, obviously, And what makes it a lot easier is that they do have this large lead in the division. And Dave said, even if they did not have this large of a lead, he doesn't feel like the Dodgers would do anything differently than what they're doing right now.
Speaker 7: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by a Ford summer sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year for the official vehicle of Major League Baseball. All right, David, the trade deadline's coming up in a few weeks. Do the Dodgers need to make a trade for a starting pitcher?
Speaker 6: I don't think so, even with Otani not pitching right now. Dave Roberts said that he anticipates Otani coming back to pitch this year. He was asked directly, does this mean Otani will not pitch again the rest of the year. He said, no, I anticipate him to come back and pitch, And then you would have, hypothetically speaking here, you would have Yamamoto, Snell, Otani, and possibly Glass now or Shehan or Roki or you know, there's a lot of different ways you could go on a fourth game, So I don't feel like that's a priority for them to unload the farm system for a starter. I know where you're going with Trek Skubel. Reportedly, the Tigers are not going to trade him, which I think is a big win for the Dodgers because another team that could have paired him with, let's say, Jacob Mazarowski, is a big loser in this situation if he doesn't get moved, all right.
Speaker 7: In the short term, Yeah, second game to play later on tonight on Sunday Night Baseball, David with the Dodgers and Yankees. What's the plan now for the second game today?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, the twenty seventh man is Kyle Hurt and a forgotten guy that can eat up some innings in the second game is Landon Knack. Landon Nack definitely is going to be part of that second game, Dave Roberts, as you heard said, it's going to be a bullpen game, so Landon Nack can obviously handle the brunt of that workload in the second game of a bullpen game for the Dodgers. But this one, this one's gonna be a great first game with Cam against Yamamoto.
Speaker 8: That's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Good, no doubt about it. Two all stars going head to head. David.
Speaker 6: One pitched, well, they both didn't pitch. Actually one could have, yeah, the other couldn't.
Speaker 7: And did you know that I saw one of them was very dynamic on the broadcast on Fox when they went down to him in the dugout, so.
Speaker 6: Well Camp Camp could have pitched. That was his throat day and he opted not to.
Speaker 7: Well, he opted to pitch against the Dodgers here in game one of this doubleheader. David, We appreciate it. We will check in with you in just a little bit. David Albato, el Boto, Gormet and a Can Dave coming up a few minutes. We're gonna hear it from Sanders, Scott, will hear from Charlie Styder. But up next, Dodgers Magical moment on the Sunday morning, Don't you go Anywhere?
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Yankees. I'm Tim kas Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball Dodgers Yankees.
Speaker 7: Yoshinob I'm a mono cam Schlitler. The pitching match jump first pitch from the Bronx is coming up at nine to thirty five.
Speaker 1: I who wants the hot cod It's time for the Hawfy Magical moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 7: Well the Dodgers taken on the Yankees. We go back to the twenty twenty four World Series, Game one at Dodger Stadium, one of those where were you U? Nights? When Freddie Freeman walked it off?
Speaker 1: The Yankees three, the dodg two.
Speaker 2: The bases are loaded to out bottom of the tenth thitting the scenario you dream about. Freddy is living first pitch, swinging.
Speaker 3: High fly ball, bit deep back, Freddie Freeman channeling is inner. Kurt Gibson go walk up home run in Game one of the World Series, They walk up Grand Flam. They celebrate at the play winners six to three.
Speaker 7: A moment Dodger fans will never forget. Where were you when Freddie Freeman walked off the New York Yankees with the Grand Slam In Game one of the twenty twenty f World Series.
Speaker 4: This Hofey magical moment brought.
Speaker 7: To by Hofey hot Dogs, Hafey Soilkows local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Haffey hot Dogs, Local and so great.
Speaker 4: Well we continue here. I'm wrong with Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll check it with.
Speaker 7: Charlie Steiner on this Sunday morning, so it leaves you up to Dodgers and Yankee.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Keats is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Now, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue All Season law.
Speaker 7: It's Dodgers and Yankees, Yoshinobo Yamamoto, Cam Schlittler. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up in nine thirty five. Time now for the Horizon startup as we are thirty minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so calm Horizon store today. We say good morning to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 12: All right, Tim, after yesterday's wash out, we're ready for the ninety ninth game of the season, and the Dodgers at sixty two and thirty six, still with the best record in baseball. Twelve in front of Arizona, fourteen in front of San Diego. There are a game and a half in front of Milwaukee for the best record period, five in front of Atlanta and Tampa Bay, seven and a half in front of the Cubs and the Yankees.
Speaker 9: The Yankees have.
Speaker 12: Been struggling of late, at fifty four and forty three.
Speaker 5: They can't hit a lick.
Speaker 12: But before we look at today's pitching matchup, because of the rain out, it's gonna be Yamamoto and Schlitzler.
Speaker 5: We'll get to that in a second.
Speaker 12: Gotta look back on the performance of Sasaki on Friday night.
Speaker 1: Who was that mask man?
Speaker 5: Well, it was a guy that was challenging some hitters and he went right after it. If we've been saying before is that you cannot pitch defensively, you have to pitch offensively, and that's exactly what he was able to do. The pitch count was still rather high in five and two thirds. It took ninety four pitches, but a better strike to walk race shield that he had in that last outing as well. The other thing too, Charlie, he kept the ball in the ballpark. You know, he came having served up nineteen home runs in the sixteen previous starts. But it was a different difference to hockey, and hopefully that's going to be a real big building block for him, not only for the next start, but I think for the rest of the season. He had velocity, he had movement.
Speaker 12: He looked like the guy we saw in the postseason last year, and really there never seemed to be any doubt about how he was going about his business and the confidence that he showed off, you.
Speaker 5: Know, And I'm glad he brought that up because I really I made mentioned with the first at bat that he had that was against Trent Grisham, well, he fell behind two balls in those strikes. Now, those pitches. First pitch was at ninety nine, the second pitch was at one hundred miles an hour. Then he went to back to back sliders, and the slider was really established as a very big pitch for for Suzaki in that ballgame. But you know, he also had the velocity of one hundred and two miles an hour. That's all well and good, but finding the strike z owned and I thought, basically his best friend in that game was maybe the slider. It really enhanced the hitters. They couldn't just look fastball, and they couldn't just look the splitter. That slider was a pitch that cut I thought caught a few hitters by surprise.
Speaker 12: So the Dodgers at twenty three and eleven have the best interleague play. The Yankees are ten to nine by the way an interleague plays. So far this year, the National League has forty three more wins than the American League to forty one to one ninety eight, and the National League has outscored the American League by one hundred and ninety three runs. So there's little question ninety nine games into the season which league has been superior.
Speaker 5: Well, if you look at just the wins and losses in the different divisions, you look at the America League and say, what on earth is going on? Well, there has been a whole lot. And if you can look at the New York Yankees that the Dodgers are playing too. I mean you look at Friday night, they were held a one run for the sixteenth time, you know, seven times without Judge, who's been basically kind of a shut down. So the Yankees, yes, they have some injuries, but don't tell that to the Dodgers, they have five big injuries and that we don't really know when they're going to be coming back either.
Speaker 12: The Yankees have lost nine of their last ten at home in just four seasons. Over the last hundred years, had they lost that many going back to two thousand and three, they had a pretty good year, didn't quite make it nineteen eighty six, nineteen seventy two, nineteen sixty five. So right now they're in a lull. And meanwhile the Dodgers just keep cruising right along.
Speaker 5: But we've got baseball morning, noon, and night here with the day night doubleheaders. So it's going to be a long day at the office for all the of the Dodgers because after the ball game then they will bust it to Philadelphia take on the Phillies. That's tomorrow. We've got baseball, baseball, baseball today, Yamamoto.
Speaker 12: And Schlitzler having had it, two of the best in the game, two all stars, so this should be at least the way hitting has gone for the Yankees and the Dodgers facing one of the grades in Schutler on paper looks like a pictures duel today, but time will tell.
Speaker 5: First of the day, night doubleheader.
Speaker 12: It's the Dodgers and the Yankees from Yankee Stadium in New York. Coming up.
Speaker 7: Tim, all right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 4: Great to hear from you.
Speaker 7: As we continue here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will hear from Tanner Scott, Dodger closer having a good first half of the season pit tore right up on Friday night, picking up the save and the series opening win in the Bronx game rained out last night. Let's play two today on this Sunday game one of the day night double header.
Speaker 4: Coming up. I'm Tim Kats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. All your network ste.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and the Yankees on this Sunday morning, first of two day night double header. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Cam Schlittler. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner on the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group Day. At shakeys dot com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight, all right.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers are getting set for a doubleheader in the Bronx, and I'm joined right now by one of the Dodgers super relievers. I say one of them, because the Dodger bullpen has been phenomenal all season long. And that's the one and only Tanner Scott. Thanks a lot for the time this morning.
Speaker 9: Tanner, Thanks Dave, Thanks on the double header day. Thanks You're welcome.
Speaker 8: How do I look?
Speaker 5: How do I look right now?
Speaker 9: I mean tired?
Speaker 13: I mean no good good. It's probably uh not Travis made. It might be missing man it is and those genes might be Travis Mathews.
Speaker 8: I just meant the face.
Speaker 5: Oh my bad.
Speaker 9: I don't know what I'm there.
Speaker 8: So what did you do with your night off in New York?
Speaker 5: Last night?
Speaker 9: Hung out with the.
Speaker 13: Family, went to uh is it called Lego World or just just Lego Lego store and bought some Legos.
Speaker 9: For my son.
Speaker 8: That's a very wholesome night in New York.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I wanted to stay inside.
Speaker 8: Hey, Tanner on a daylight today.
Speaker 6: We all know about starters and players, but for relievers, how do you guys prepare mentally and physically for a doubleheader.
Speaker 13: One game out of time? Yeah, I mean it's just one game at a time. We got a Yama starting game one, so that's huge. And then I mean just go out there and try to get the first win and then move on to the second.
Speaker 6: You guys have a routine before every game? Will you repeat that routine between games? I mean, well, you guys go out there and throw, you.
Speaker 13: Stretch some some guys might go out there and throw in between, but I mean usually some guys will do stuff in here like bios or something.
Speaker 9: But it's all about getting your body right. Worst case scenario, you can go down to the bullpen and they called down. You just throw a little more.
Speaker 13: But uh no, I don't know how many guys have done twelve seven double headers.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I know it all works out. Yeah, it always does. Tanner Scott is our guest. This bullpen has a group. I know you're not about yourself, but as a group, how have you guys been able to put it together in different ways?
Speaker 5: Because you look at your style.
Speaker 6: Completely different than Jack Dryer, or completely different than how Alex Vesia does it. Do you feel like that's an advantage? How you guys give hitters different looks?
Speaker 13: I mean, I mean, yeah, I mean everyone everyone in our bullpen's got great stuff.
Speaker 9: Jack has a pretty great curveball he uses.
Speaker 13: And then Vessa's change up just came out of no or So that's sweet, No.
Speaker 9: Just going out there and just being who you are.
Speaker 6: Vesia has been working on that change up.
Speaker 9: It's good. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 13: Usually I don't only really stand by him during catch play, but yesterday I saw it and I was like, Okay, I see what it.
Speaker 6: Is as a reliever when you're trying to develop a new pitch like he is and use it.
Speaker 8: Then I got two pitches, I know, But as far as he.
Speaker 9: I got two pitches. You can look up my track record I throwing one change up in the big leagues.
Speaker 8: I know, I went to the backstop.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 6: But do you do you appreciate how a guy trusts like that new pitch in a game.
Speaker 8: That's kind of a leap of faith.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he was working on a late last year, And I mean, if you go into a full offseason I mean, and you work on it and then I mean our pitching coaches are great that hear that, just tell him to throw it during like catch play, long toss. I mean that's when you get a feel of it, and you used it all off seasons.
Speaker 9: So it's been good.
Speaker 6: Tanner at Gardo Enriquez a man of mystery. Obviously English is not his first language.
Speaker 8: What can you do?
Speaker 9: He's awesome, He's awesome.
Speaker 13: Today he's wearing a message Jersey, so I don't understand that it's not Venezuela, but I'll give it to him.
Speaker 6: So what what have you seen as far as growth from him from last year to this year?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 13: Just's he's comfortable. He's comfortable, confident and just goes out there and he knows how to attack and he's got great stuff.
Speaker 6: Do you feel like he's evolving into a pitcher more than a thrower?
Speaker 10: Sure?
Speaker 9: I mean he's.
Speaker 13: Twenty four or five and he throws up to one hundred and four, so I mean he's definitely from when I was with the Padres and I saw him throw when he first debuted, and he.
Speaker 9: Was he had a live arm, but now it's like he's a pitcher.
Speaker 6: I did some research on you, Tanner Scott one change up.
Speaker 13: As a research to the backstop Anthony Rendo.
Speaker 8: Oh geez, you make it sound like he was yes.
Speaker 13: Two count, pitchclock got down in one second, they called change up and I threw it.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, that's okay, okay.
Speaker 13: Before change up registered fastball hurt my FeelA that day.
Speaker 6: Hey, before I let you go. If you go back to spring training, you mentioned to some reporters about a side session and oral Herds Scheizer was a guest instructor.
Speaker 8: Did he really help you.
Speaker 9: Trying to get a free car? No, I'm just joking. No, he's He's great.
Speaker 13: I mean I talked to him all the time, and when he comes on the road.
Speaker 9: And he does it's road broadcasting. Yeah, I mean, this is a great dude.
Speaker 13: I mean he he wants to be in your corner at all times and to learn from someone that's done it for so long.
Speaker 9: It was so good. I mean, what was his scoreless.
Speaker 6: Streak fifty nine in the regular season, but in the postseason you include that sixty seven.
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 9: So, I mean he's a knowledge everywhere.
Speaker 13: I mean, whole organizations built off a lot of history, so it's it's great to pick minds of people that, like when Sandy comes in there too.
Speaker 9: Wow, Sandy, that's a legend.
Speaker 6: You've talked to Sandy Kofax about pitching?
Speaker 9: No, no, no, Hey, I'm Tanner.
Speaker 8: Nice to meet you, that's all.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I don't I don't really know. I would ask curse, but no, okay, okay, but no, just.
Speaker 13: All those all those legends that have been here, and they're all so nice and if you if you want to talk to him, they'll they'll they'll give.
Speaker 8: You their knowledge.
Speaker 6: Was there something that really clicked in spring with Oral Harsh haz there?
Speaker 9: I wanted a car? No, I mean I don't. We just it's you take you.
Speaker 13: Take small things from conversations. You can't take it all at once. If you take all at once, you get kind of overwhelmed by it. So it's just here and.
Speaker 9: There, here and there, here and there, And you're gonna play with the chip on your shoulder.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love it, you do, so do I I broadcast with a chip on my shoulder.
Speaker 9: I'm wiping my eyes because that was Pa.
Speaker 6: I'm just sure, thanks a lot for the time. I know you don't do this too often so I appreciate it, especially the day before or right before the first.
Speaker 5: Game of a double header.
Speaker 9: How much time are we at?
Speaker 8: We're We're good. Yeah, it's about quality, not quantity.
Speaker 9: I gotta shave my head now.
Speaker 13: Okay, go shine, Scots, Shine, go shine so my wife can see it.
Speaker 6: Okay, I love it here, shine shine bright like a diamond Tanner.
Speaker 9: Scott Capitol grill.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, there he goes. Tanner Scott has been our guest. He receives a gift card, a Capitol grill and Burbank stylish, classy Tanner Scott can sneak in.
Speaker 8: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 7: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV Tanner Scott getting his shave on in his bald head and hopefully we can see it today. In a save opportunity for the Dodgers. Dodgers Baseball presented by uniclow Field the Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclone dot slash us still to come here on Dodgers on deck before first pitch, we'll get the keys of the game. But up next we're at dive deeper into this great pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere today? Night doubleheader Dodgers and Yankees. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Dewar.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers baseball hits.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers and Yankees saw on this Sunday morning game one of a day night double header after the game was washed away last night because of the rain in New York City.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up and nine to thirty.
Speaker 1: Five, and now before the Dodgers hit the dye neck, we look at the pitching matchhoes.
Speaker 4: Rot to you buy her Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 7: Cam Schlittler on the mound nine and five with a two five R twenty five year old right hander, seventh round pick in twenty twenty two out of Northeastern in his second season now in the big Leagues. That two O five e R is the eighth lowest ERA by a Yankees pitcher through the first twenty starts of the season, the only pitcher in franchise history to post the lower of an ERA and record at least one hundred and thirty strikeouts through the first twenty starts. Of his season, making his twenty first start this year. Last start before the All Star Break, six and two third innings, two runs, four hits, six strikeouts, four walks in a no decision against the Nationals. This is his first start ever against the Blue Yoshinobu Yabamodo on the Mountain nine and six to eighty five ERA. Just like Cam Schlitzler, he was an All Star bol didn't pitch in the game. Twenty seven year old right hander making his eighteenth start this year. He is second in the Major leagues in whip in third and average against with a one ninety two batter average against. Last time out six innings, six runs, five hit, six strikeouts, four walks in a loss to the Arizon the Diamondbacks. He's oho to one with a three thirty eight ERA in two career regular season games against the Yankees. He faced New York in the twenty twenty four World Series. He picked up the win in Game two, going six and a third innings, allowing just one run on only one hit and striking out four. It's the all Yoshinobu Yamamoto and the All Star Cam Schlitzler going head to head Dodgers Yankees. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch keys of the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers on do you go.
Speaker 8: No One.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and Yankees, Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Cam Schlitler.
Speaker 4: The pitching matchup.
Speaker 7: As we get you ready for the start of the game with a Sapporo start great moment, Start with Sapporo beer, whatever your taste preference. Soporo hows you cover with the righty, crisp and refreshing Loggers including light and non alcoholic beer. Sapporo good Wi Sushi great with baseball.
Speaker 4: To go back out to the booth. Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, guys, all.
Speaker 2: Right, TC, We're on standby for the first pitch of Game two of the series, Game one of this doubleheader, and it's Yoshinobu Yamamoto against Cam Schlittler.
Speaker 5: And this is a battle of ases.
Speaker 2: Make no mistake, Dodger fans very familiar with Yamamoto, the reigning World Series MVP, and right now certainly a contender for the National League SI Young, though he's a bit behind Misowski, Sinchez and maybe.
Speaker 5: One or two more.
Speaker 2: And he's coming off a clunker against the Diamondbacks Cam Slower, though he's in the driver's seat for the Al Say Young Award.
Speaker 5: It's a tough task an Era just two point zero five, and he does a lot of things exceptionally well, including when he gets ahead and accounts. So the Dodgers they're going to have to put their heads together. They've got a good Skyer report on him. Now, the question is can they execute that Skyder report, which means do not expand the strike zone. He's tough enough to hit against to begin with when he gets the ball over the plate, and for Yamamoto, he's getting the ball over the plate on lead. Twenty five walks in over one hundred and eighteen innings that he has worked, so just a two hundred banding average against w Yamamoto very quickly has been at his best when there's been scoring opportunities runners in scoring position. Just a one thirty two banning average against the Dodger right.
Speaker 2: Hand and where he has been at his best mode is on the road or Yoshinoba Yamamoto unflappable no matter where he pitches, but especially away from Dodgers Stadium is era away from LA two point two eight, and he's got five of his nine victories on the road and one of his finest regular seatings season outings. Tim, you'll recall right here in the Bronx a little more than two years ago in June of twenty twenty four, seven shutout innings with seven strike goows. Going to try and channel that here in this first game of a doubleheader.
Speaker 7: All right, thank you, Nelly. It's game one of a day night double hitter. It's Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Cam Schlitler the pitching matchup, two all stars going toe to toe. Next, this has been Morongo Casino.
Speaker 4: Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 7: Right here, you're back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network