Speaker 1: Yeah, we're sick. There's nothing to do about a maxy. Welcome back Patch Morning Show, Summer of four. Here we are. It's June eighth, as we're broadcasting.
Speaker 2: Does this rise?
Speaker 1: This would be the Chris Hockey man who's playing. By the way, do you likes jam Wednesday, June twenty fourth, can't wait the return. It's happening. It's all happening, Ben summers here. It's all happening, brother, it's all.
Speaker 2: Ye, all happened.
Speaker 3: Summer's here because we felt it over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna feel it this week too. Man. It was sunny, yeah, it was, and it's gonna be sunny year.
Speaker 3: And it was muggy, it's gonna be humid.
Speaker 1: And then every now and again you'd look outside and it was storming to beat hell. Yeah, and then three minutes later it was sunny again. Yeah, and that sky last night purple red.
Speaker 3: I think the weather people maybe I should just float this to KCP, our weather team and just have like a swash meter.
Speaker 1: That's a really good idea.
Speaker 4: Cows swast instant, Like you walk out and your swast goes all right here.
Speaker 2: Yes, saved very elemated.
Speaker 1: Mister Ben, you went to a college in Lovely, Kansas, which is on the Prime Meridian about exactly where uh where Indiana is located. There's a time in August where you might as well never shower because as soon as you walk outside, you're damp.
Speaker 2: Yep, you're damp. Damp.
Speaker 3: I will never forget damp. I will never forget my Kansas State training camp practice. They were hotter and harder than any other practice I've ever been a part of. The only time, the only time I had a full body cramp was after one of those practices. Yeah, and I and I think I've shared this before. You know, we had a bunch of with a bunch of dudes from the South that were our team, and they they were even like nobody told us it was this hot here man, like good guys from Alabama, Like it's hotter here than it is back back home.
Speaker 1: And again, I hate to do this because it's it's the walked up hill both ways. But I mean when I was when I was in high school in the in the mid nineteen eighties, and it was two a days were real, two days were you really practiced. Twice you would come in the morning and you would practice for three hours, go home and have lunch, and then come back and practice for three more hours. And it was ninety five degrees with like eighty five percent humidity. And if you didn't practice hard enough, the coach wouldn't give you water.
Speaker 2: That that wasn't the punishing.
Speaker 5: And when you did get water, we all I don't know if you guys said the same thing.
Speaker 2: It was all out of a whole yes, and it was just water to the map. You loved it. Give me more. Oh yeah, yeah, give me all of it, don't.
Speaker 3: You withhold the lead for me?
Speaker 2: I just went hard. Yeah, dude.
Speaker 3: There were times where if if they were punishing us because we didn't get water, I would I would rather just take sauces undershirt and wring it out in my mouth.
Speaker 1: I would have, Oh, that's your body crying. Yes, your body's dying. You need some sort of liquid.
Speaker 5: And now these kids can take a water break whenever they watch.
Speaker 4: I just like, oh, those old school football coaches, that's basically they call it an equivalent of like your car not working right and you're like, fine, no gas, no gas for you, You'll get oil.
Speaker 3: Well, now to your point, that we have really gone the other way. Yes, you can't. You can't run a practice without taking a five minute water break, like like every five minutes.
Speaker 2: Like you knows, I'm not.
Speaker 5: Is it the Corey Stringer effect in a way, because that kind of started it. That was I kind of started it was because like when I was in high school, was the same thing. If we didn't practice, well, we would not, they wouldn't and it was just one hose for eighty dudes.
Speaker 2: And it was like you guys see that video practice.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I mean and then he passed away. Yeah, yeah, it all go last. But yeah, it's uh yeah, when the parents are.
Speaker 6: In charge now, basically of everything involving schools, the parents run that. The coaches, the teachers, the principal even doesn't don't run those schools.
Speaker 2: It's all. It's all the pta for sure.
Speaker 4: And I think this like professionalization of youth sports nowadays, where I mean every I mean all these kids now they are on you know, and for better many for better reasons, like the nutrition and is obviously a lot better, but the hydration is a huge key. They've got stuff that they're drinking on the way to the game or practice. They're drinking certain stuff at practice, and then at home you got to recover somehow, And it's like it's not just you know, you're not showing up with your bottle of lottery you got at the gas station on the way in.
Speaker 2: That's it's crazy nowadays.
Speaker 1: I gotta believe Coach Percival. And I don't know for sure that he's dead. I mean, but I'm a guess he is because he got so angry. There's no way his blood vessels didn't burst at some point. But if you were coaching today, do you know how much he would have grumbled about having to let you drink water. He'd have been so pissed that he would have just literally you would have seen the aneurysm happen. He would have been so angry. Coach Percival was mean.
Speaker 2: You don't even coach.
Speaker 1: He looked like he was sitting on it, like he was sitting in a tree waiting to eat you.
Speaker 5: What's the YEA, yeah, yeah, it looks like that.
Speaker 2: Just mean me.
Speaker 1: Just throw a football hamet of your head, you know what I mean? Run faster.
Speaker 7: I weighed seven hundred pounds. Tit harder, harder, hard Well, what those fingers.
Speaker 2: All their dads beat you up.
Speaker 8: That was your letter jacket, was the boom you want to get in, turned you into a five star. But it's happened in pro sports now. But you can't be mean. What do you mean, like the mean coaches? Like, you can't be mean anymore.
Speaker 1: I know, I get the idea that Florus can get kind of a gruffy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like Tom Thibodeau in the basket, he he's.
Speaker 2: Mean, timbad. Oh no, he didn't let her in. What you did that was hockey's alter eager. That was get out.
Speaker 1: There, Tom, tell you what, this kid's five sixty ways one hundred and fifty. You can't hit for damn the man. He's a sucker.
Speaker 2: You know. It is just weird.
Speaker 3: It is this weird, and I'm not even sure where it came from or how it all came about, but it is this weird intersection of parents feeling empowered and players feeling empowered at the youth level, like they will they're not afraid to snitch on a coach. I mean, they will snitch on a coach so fast if little Billy doesn't like the way they coach treated.
Speaker 2: Him for that one practice.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're getting an email from a parent, you are getting in an email from the association, and it's like, well what happened, Like little Billy get yelled at. Well, yeah, so well he did hurt his feelings, and you know, I don't know if he's I don't know if this is the.
Speaker 2: Right league for him or whatever.
Speaker 3: It's like the over sensitivity and the empowerment that all these players feel like they have over coaches. It's it's hard to coach these days. It's hard to be it's hard to give them tough love.
Speaker 1: Well, just like everything in the whole white world, there's a happy medium, you know, Like you don't want coach Percival to withhold water and throw footballs at your head. Yeah, but you also don't want the coach to be afraid to tell you you ran the wrong route. Yeah, you know, yeah, happy medium somewhere.
Speaker 3: I've definitely experienced that when I've been coaching at the youth level where I've had to have meetings with a parent and the player because the kid just didn't like the way I was like treating him and I wasn't treating him bad. Was just like, dude, well you're not doing what I'm asking you to do. So I have to like be a little more like a little harder, right, And you know, he cries to mommy, and then mom has to have a conversation with me, and and.
Speaker 2: Then the thing is like, you me, coach came on the video. I got to show up. Man, I got this.
Speaker 1: I'm a suck.
Speaker 6: Coacher somewhere looking up. He still got it. That's my boy, boy, still got it.
Speaker 2: Hell from up about by the way, Hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, yeah, man.
Speaker 3: You know, and then you have to be diplomatic because you're like, she's like, well, what's going on, And you're like, well, you got to like explain the situation. But like in the end you're like, well, your kids being a brat, Like I don't know what else to tell, Like I I wish you could just be like, I don't know what he's telling you at home, but you should be here for practice because he's a brat And you can't say that though, right, M Yeah.
Speaker 4: The News M News with Chris Hockey presented by the Saint Paul's Yesterday.
Speaker 1: It looks like they are not back in town until the sixteenth of June versus Omaha, So get your tickets at Saints Baseball dot com. And don't forget they've got a big Father's Day ticket package coming up here where you can take dad to the old bar Ballpark. Have a good day. Sunday, June twenty First game tickets Saints Baseball Pregame on field. Catch Sesson with Dad, Hey Dad, you want to have a catch. Don't make me cry? Don't maybe cry?
Speaker 2: What a film you see? Nat zach Field Dream?
Speaker 1: Hey dad? When he says that, Oh man, I just about myself cried as I just said it. I'm not Kevin Gostar.
Speaker 5: When you realize, like the but what came out in the eighties care, When you realize the whole point of the movie, yeah, you're like, oh god, oh it, Yeah, it gets you.
Speaker 2: Here's the right here.
Speaker 1: When you realize that his wife is the old witch lady in uh.
Speaker 7: Weapons Weapons, Oh yeah, yeah, I certainly would the witch lady.
Speaker 1: I love witches.
Speaker 2: You've looked up witch videos, certainly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you'd liked the lookout they're making. You need help, your coach, coach Percival was right, don't make it multiple.
Speaker 1: Don't give me no water to hydrate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that a plus.
Speaker 3: That movie's a Plus, so I lived in Iowa when that movie came out in southern Iowa, and so there was like this you know, obviously we're like really prideful of the fact that it was The Field of Dreams was in Diresville, Iowa. And so there was a year just just soon after that, our town or county hosted I think the state turned or something like that or something, and we we actually hosted two kids from Dyersville their baseball association. And I remember being a young kid thinking like there were celebrities. Yeah, that's like these two kids are from where Field of Dreams was filmed. Wow, And I'm like, oh my god, they got to be like celebrities and they would stay in our house.
Speaker 2: It was like the coolest Yeah, I've been. I went to it when I was a kid. It's sweet.
Speaker 1: Long since I've seen that.
Speaker 5: The Twins are playing at this year the Phillies. I think I would bet bonuses they playing the Phillies. Yeah, which is a tough ticket because there's only like three.
Speaker 2: Thousand tickets, super small. It's well, yeah, it looks.
Speaker 5: It was sweet, And what sucks is it's the Field isn't on MLB the show anymore.
Speaker 2: The old one used to be.
Speaker 5: Able to play that field for your days. I don't know was it Is it a trademark thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's not on the game. Probably you could just hid.
Speaker 5: You'd hit Melachai and Isaac right in the field out there. Yeah, just right now to the children of the corn take that.
Speaker 1: I believe either they got married or he proposed to or Jess for Rasper to Trish for Rasper at the Field of Dream because they're such big baseball fans.
Speaker 2: That's sweet.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that the guy that takes huge dumps.
Speaker 1: I'm not answering that question.
Speaker 2: Yep, Yeah, I hope it wasn't on a Thursday.
Speaker 1: I definitely wasn't. Hop Yeah, he did fertilize on the entire field.
Speaker 3: Though, that's still just is there of fencers, that's still just the corn.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know if they play at that exact location, but they played. Yeah, the outfield's all corn, Yeah they do. So when the Twins play there, it won't be at the actual place.
Speaker 2: Don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't that well, son of a bitch, what's the point.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's the same, it's the same land area, But I don't know if it's the same, might be like a globe theater situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever that means.
Speaker 6: But yeah, like a recreate, it's like yeah, yeah, yeah, it's right originally.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's sweet, dude, Like, I well, and it's weird that like no offense And I'm not trying to be mean, Zach, what are you going to do?
Speaker 4: The field constructor for the movie, which has been operated as a tour assassination since eighty nine, could not be brought tomb game standards without permanently altering major features of the property property in destroying its movie authenticity. So it has decided to build a separate playing facility about five hundred feet in the cornfields away from the main one.
Speaker 3: So, but but the one that the twins will play in the when they actually played, does it just have a fensive corn or I think there.
Speaker 5: Was a real fin I think there's a real because you got to put ads all over we win?
Speaker 2: Is the game?
Speaker 5: It's in August, right, August eighth, the fairs in August. Yeah, Greg, I'm sorry, man, that was my fault. August thirteenth, which you got again. And I'm not trying to be mean. That'll be a completely different team on August thirteenth, after the trade Deadlight.
Speaker 2: That's a weird to put like that.
Speaker 5: Joe Ryan will be gone, our guy Ryan Jeffers will probably be a Yankee.
Speaker 2: That's a weird.
Speaker 5: Choice by Mlby. It's gonna be a triple A team by that point. I love if Dante got called up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, he get his role on.
Speaker 1: You know what, they'll comra even if the team a bunch of third graders.
Speaker 2: Here we go, no third third string whatever.
Speaker 1: It does seem weird that.
Speaker 2: That's a great scene. That's a great That is a great scene. That movie is so good. I'm gonna watch that tonight.
Speaker 1: It's been forever since I'm watching.
Speaker 2: You think Moonlight Graham's gonna.
Speaker 1: Play now you him, Oh oh, they're gonna call it Moonlight Moonlight dude, when he finally really what city was I in? Yeah, I was in Chisholm, and I was driving down the little downtown and there was a little a mural inside the building and it said this is the home of the actual moon my grandma. I start crying right down the little street. I stubbed my toe and hit my nose.
Speaker 2: Were trying to jump over a trap what who are you guys? Are you still in the park or you guys?
Speaker 3: I saw this guy on Instagram. I don't know if it's real. You know, did you see that? Okay, he was a he was a roofer, and he was straddling he was straddling these two boards and for whatever reason, I don't know why he's filming himself. He he like screws in one board to like tighten it down and catches his nutsack in between the two in between the two boards. Due you should see because at first I'm like, he was shaking so much. He couldn't get the he couldn't get the screwdriver back in onto the the head of the.
Speaker 2: Screw like reverse it out.
Speaker 3: So then he had like put that away, grabbed his hammer, and like basically had to like hit the boards apart.
Speaker 5: Now we're all gonna I want to see you got to see you polish to me, But.
Speaker 2: It's like, what a what a video? So good? Well gross, but good for him to get the same video. That was funny.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna find it. I need to see this. Oh golly, ma, it is interesting. Isn't like like it doesn't matter who you are if you watch a guy hurt his nuts get hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds terrible. I feel it.
Speaker 1: Girls will never know that pain.
Speaker 5: Yep, that'll you're gonna give emails.
Speaker 1: It was sunny, nuts, it was sunny. I gotta find it.
Speaker 2: Hey, did you Rosie was out in his yard, water in his lawn.
Speaker 1: Oh no, what what do you have in his right hand?
Speaker 2: God? Dis he got a backwards green hat on? Oh god, Okay, I gotta see this, oh, because I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, why is he shaking so bad? Like I didn't understand what was happening at first. I had to watch it again. Okay, hold on, I mean, man, maybe it's a swinging tab here.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, oh oh oh god, yeah, it's that bad.
Speaker 3: Look at it.
Speaker 9: He's still shaking. Oh my god, dude, just.
Speaker 2: Break my dog again.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: His whole body is convulsive.
Speaker 2: He has to get his hair ready. Just here we go, get it on the stream. Stop it.
Speaker 1: Oh that ain't funny at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta be aware of your surroundings.
Speaker 1: He ain't getting around.
Speaker 8: He's not getting around you like people get hurt.
Speaker 2: The funny thing about.
Speaker 3: That that was just I was just like, that was my for you or whatever. I was just like scrolling and it just like popped up.
Speaker 1: He came up in your him shaken. It looks like he's having a seizure.
Speaker 2: Why are you watching it again?
Speaker 1: I can't help. I can't.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you can't just watch It's like a prinkle. You can't just watch it once.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I cannot even imagine. Oh my god, so.
Speaker 1: Tight, Like there's no way his nuts survived that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he ruptured.
Speaker 6: At least oh yeah, at least at least one just rolled out.
Speaker 3: It's like, I mean, he dog and he's having such a he's having such a good day. He's vibing up there. He's got music going.
Speaker 2: He's like, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He props his phone up to show everybody how how good he is and how skilled he is at this roofing thing.
Speaker 10: He can't get the hammer, had the hammer.
Speaker 4: You normally like have a little bit of a delay when it comes to pain with that.
Speaker 1: I'll look at him and you know what, dude, he's got dog tags on like he's a former soldier.
Speaker 2: Obviously give him the purple ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's been through a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: He'd never been through that before.
Speaker 1: He had There's no way you can get that.
Speaker 3: I've ever seen here, He's seen like the smashed potatoes that you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's what I imagine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just think he pulled out of the oven and smashed its.
Speaker 1: Dot Com slash watch if you want to see a man's nut exploded.
Speaker 2: In a way. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, man, water balloon.
Speaker 2: My god, like a water balloon.
Speaker 1: Man, I love Notice again he just he's in such thing, he's in such fain. He just throws the drill he's throw and then he reaches flat hammer. Oh no, he's got the Oh.
Speaker 2: Son of a son of a bitch, is correct?
Speaker 3: Imagine this, Imagine this, Imagine imagine when it's first squeezed. And what if he lost his footing and fell backwards?
Speaker 2: Oh tore off.
Speaker 3: My gross, that is like that's a torture device.
Speaker 2: Ye, what he did to himself. Yeah, I'll tell you anything.
Speaker 1: Show me this and tell me you're gonna do that to me, and I'll tell you whatever.
Speaker 4: My grandma, wait till, wait till he gets to tell his adopted kids at this story.
Speaker 3: If John McCain had to suffer from that, I would have been like, give that guy every medal and like he deserves everything.
Speaker 2: If you don't if you don't.
Speaker 3: Talk, if you get that done to you and you're in captivity.
Speaker 2: I got you're you're the toughest person in the world.
Speaker 1: I gotta know, Zach, you have one job and one job only. I need to know if his nut lived through that.
Speaker 2: I'll get on it right away.
Speaker 3: I don't want you to do that.
Speaker 1: It's already injured.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here, Malone, be careful leaving Malone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's only got one left brother. Give him a break.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you're doing what you love, you never work a day in your life.
Speaker 1: Really, be right back, Patrick Borne Show. We have Sports next and Viking Sers in a minute. Hey, it's Chris Hockey The Patrick Morning Show. It's a big old country out there and you want to see it. Did you know that Jefferson Lines has been your number one Patrick Morney Show?
Speaker 4: Hey, Hawk, Yes, sir, I uh, I listened to it a couple of times, and I sure he didn't swear.
Speaker 2: Oh no, so I did load the audio? Why? Why? What's wrong with you? He does?
Speaker 4: Is it going to be your ringtos talking like a demon for a second?
Speaker 1: So what if you if you just tune in this man as a roofer and and he's filming himself, uh screwing two two by fource together as a uh as part of the roof girder. I guess what do you call.
Speaker 2: That anyway, some sort of choice. Yeah, right.
Speaker 1: So he's screwing two tube fours together and he gets his either as his wien or his nuts caught inside the two boards, and then he has to unscrew it and then get a hammer and chisel him apart to get his nuts out of there. And you've loaded the audio, and you would like us to play this is what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Are you insane? Yeah? You should probably play I mean people are listening on the radio.
Speaker 1: They could probably curious. I guess you're probably right. I'm gonna let's take a vote. Should we play it or not?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Or no?
Speaker 2: Pay?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, okay, r here we go. This is the sound of a man's life being ruined. This is the sound of a man never having a family. This is the sound of a man getting his nuts. Come on, are you sure?
Speaker 2: No? Don't play it? Rather died? Patrick died?
Speaker 10: Got in the world, Oh, sir, Patrick died?
Speaker 2: He started speaking in tongue. Tell you again?
Speaker 9: He turned well, I sort of got together.
Speaker 8: Absolutely it would work, but he did not feel good.
Speaker 2: Oh no, the.
Speaker 5: Rob they're all gonna miss my sports, not that I'm a bitch.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: I don't know how to bring it back, son of a bitch.
Speaker 6: You know we used to know how to do that. Yeah, I think you got to make a new block.
Speaker 1: But I don't think that's gonna bring the audio back.
Speaker 2: It's under today's date news.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 2: I can't bring it back. Only only we are going to hear it.
Speaker 1: Though only the Twin Cities people are gonna hear and the people podcasting there you go, you ready.
Speaker 11: But I'm gonna dato the world.
Speaker 2: He does south of this beetle? How do you?
Speaker 1: How do you?
Speaker 3: How do you not swear? You don't any four letter word? And I think the other thing is we all be speaking gibberish.
Speaker 8: But he couldn't make those noises again, be trying correct.
Speaker 2: In the world that the guttural.
Speaker 9: God, Oh my god, tried to say what he said, batter.
Speaker 1: Die, trying to say, I don't know, trying to say, kill me.
Speaker 2: Saw one of his dead. Sounds like it was not at the wrong gates.
Speaker 3: You know what you're listening to this in your car, and do not do not in your when you're driving. Watch this video. We don't need people to drive ye pull over. Oh you told parking lot safely. Don't do this while you're driving. Man, this is what in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got existential there, just talking about a SpongeBob character.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one more time, one more.
Speaker 1: Time, then we got a break. Miss gonna be mad.
Speaker 10: Oh God, into the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my face. Man, what the that's what?
Speaker 6: That's what the astronauts here in an alien movie transmission.
Speaker 2: Actually, there's a little disturbing their hock. Somebody corn Somebody pointed out.
Speaker 5: He said, battery dies because the drill.
Speaker 2: We can't reverse it.
Speaker 5: Oh that's what he's convulsive.
Speaker 3: So he can't even give the drill back on this.
Speaker 2: A break.
Speaker 1: We'll come back on the sports and play that again. So by listening on the I'm so sorry we went to break. That's my fault. I was laughing too, damn hard.
Speaker 3: Be right back on the thing.
Speaker 1: From the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored by Farm Bureau Financial Services.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 1: We have delayed six ninety four westbound from Central to University thirty five for those of you who have been a break for like ten minutes of my apologies. I got so laughing so hard that I hit the wrong button.
Speaker 2: You did, you were laying on the floor.
Speaker 1: That's some of the funny stuff I've ever heard in my life. And I was just walking down the to fill up my water and I ran into Emily. She goes, it's the first day that I've ever watched you guys on YouTube. Oh and you showed that thing like a hundred times.
Speaker 3: No, I'm like, yeah, yeah, because it deserves it.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's that good.
Speaker 1: These things are always in the way watching.
Speaker 2: Just watching the video with no audio is horrifying. Horrify.
Speaker 6: Just hearing the audio with no video is pure comedy goal correct, Yeah, it sounds.
Speaker 1: Like a bit again. Whoever you are out there, who you're good at internet stuff? Please put that to video of James Brown dancing I thank.
Speaker 2: You into the world. Damn.
Speaker 5: It's like the Lord strike me with lightning, Please end me, relieve me from this mortal core.
Speaker 3: He was about five seconds from Mena's maker. He's about five seconds of taking the drill to his head.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's about that. Poor parts. There we go.
Speaker 5: Here he is the Twins lost after a valiant effort in the ninth inning when they trailed six to one but lost six to five to the Royals. Your twins are thirty and thirty seven. They've lost four or five. They're off today after a seventeen game streak of playing games in a row, or someone would say seventeen games in a row. They're at Detroit tomorrow five forty Taj Bradley goes for your twins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's hard to play and hard to win games when you're playing the other team and you're on bullpen at the same time. And they tried to make up the lost runs there and so it was one to one through more than half the game and then I don't know if it was the seventh inning or whatever, they just lost it.
Speaker 5: The starting pitching is good, not great, right, but if they had a Oka hat a good bullpen, they'd.
Speaker 2: Probably be five hundred. They play.
Speaker 5: The bullpen is so bad because they put zero money into it and eleven months ago stripped it all down to the core that it's just bad.
Speaker 2: They have guys off waivers that they put in there. It's a horrible bullpen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's the reason They're seven games and it's gonna get even worse?
Speaker 2: Is this as this season goes on?
Speaker 5: Because you you can Joe Ryan can throw you know, six six innings, two hits, one run, but the bullpen's gonna implode.
Speaker 3: How do you think those guys are treated in the clubhouse? If you if everybody knows that they're the weak link?
Speaker 2: I don't think. I think all the players know.
Speaker 5: It's kind of I think they I think they know when they ask when they're asked, hey, can we pay you in two weeks instead like sorry, we don't have hot water, like you know, it's basically major league right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gotta be a tough go for the pitching coach, right like, you can't you can't browbeat those guys.
Speaker 2: You know, Sheldy is doing the best he can with I mean nothing. So yeah.
Speaker 5: The Arizona Diamondbacks side outfielder Max Kepler, who was popped for PDS in January. He was suspended for eighty games, but he will be eligible to come off that restricted list on June twenty fifth.
Speaker 4: Great move by the d Backs. He was framed, so I can't wait to see him get back out there.
Speaker 5: Game three of the NBA Finals is tonight. The Knicks are minus two and a half. They haven't lost a game since April twenty third.
Speaker 6: They're on i think the second longest winning streak in NBA playoff history, heading back to Madison Square Garden up two to oh. Obviously we all know no, no NBA team pretty I think it's happened in every other major sport that has series to come back from three to zho or oh three, I should say, but it's never happened in NBA history. So off the Spurs. I want to do something. They got to do it tonight in enemy territory. And it's also I'm sure you've been watching the games. It's just they have not been able to run and gun the way that they did against the Wolves, the way that they did against the against the Oklahoma City Thunder, and they're just not getting the same production from the champennies of the team, the the sales of the team. I mean, they're pretty much just over been overly reliant on Victor Wenbinyama, who's doing all he can, but the whole One of the big strengths of this team is just the fact that it was a really it was a deep team, and they're only really getting the most out of Victor Wenbinyama, who obviously can't do it by himself, and the and the Knicks are the exact opposite. They're getting, you know, twenty points. I mean, Josh hart had I think he had zero points last game. He's a starter for them, he does everything else, but he had zero points and they still were able to eke out that win. So they've been turning the ball over too much and they just got to they got to get back to playing that that physical basketball. But the Knicks, they might have encountered the one team that can out hustle them and out muscle them. And that's kind of the two things the Spurs had going for them against most of the other teams that they face so far.
Speaker 2: And it's going to be chaos. It's going to be in there and tonight in there.
Speaker 4: Sports are so funny too, because if Wemby hits that buzzer beater, you know, the conversations are, you know a little different, and it's just but.
Speaker 6: Even then, they still needed to go on a twelve o run even to get to that BUZZERBA fourteen over run or something like that. So yeah, I totally get what you're saying, Zacho, but it's like, but that's what I'm saying. It's it's only him, Like he's the only one that's been able to do something. And also at the end of the game, he he's the one that turned it over when they had that chance. So it's that's a good point. Yeah, So and he and he's kind of been doing that. The Spurs in general have been turning the ball over like crazy. They did against the Oklahoma City Thunder too, but they were able to kind of bounce back and it wasn't you know, just to bounce right off of them. But against the Knicks, they're they're capitalized on it, man, and like that team hustles, that team wants it more than the Spurs, and you can just see it right now.
Speaker 2: So but Victor.
Speaker 6: Wenbinyama, I mean, he's a gamer, dude, So if he's I expect something really big for him tonight.
Speaker 1: Ben, are you paying attention to this at all?
Speaker 3: I watched game one. I did not watch Game two at all. Yeah, so I'm moderately curious about it. And like I said, I I went in thinking that this will be really fun for Wemby. But now that I've seen, after what I watched in Game one of how the Knicks play, God, I really like their brand of basketball, Like they're really fun.
Speaker 2: To team game. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, and they can shoot, man, all of them can shoot. It was it's it's fun and I just want, you know, I want to see New York City go crazy. I think that's going to be a blast to watch.
Speaker 9: Yes, it's time on the Power Trip presented by Coco.
Speaker 1: We love you, Rago, Ben Well, you'll be heading on down to the old Tco facility.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try. I'm gonna try to make it down there in the next couple of days.
Speaker 1: It's a mandatory mini camp for us too, for me and you. I think I would say probably not, but I think we should.
Speaker 5: It starts tomorrow through third and then OTA's Neck next week and then we are.
Speaker 1: Off to training for a little bit and then bam there we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Van Gigle on mini camp starting tomorrow.
Speaker 12: You know, it's continued to learn, continue to develop. Coach Nielsen's coming in with a little different site of how he likes to play things, and there's a lot of cool little techniques and little fundamental pieces that he can add and bring to the table, and just getting back out here with the guys, obviously a lot of young guys, so continue to grow as a group, continue to build trust, and I'm just working on our fundamentals and techniques. And you know, it's exciting.
Speaker 1: Who's coach Nielsen? This somebody?
Speaker 2: You know? Is he the new is he the defensive line coach?
Speaker 1: Let's find out.
Speaker 3: Why am I blanking on? You know, because we we lost.
Speaker 1: Deronte Ryan Nielsen.
Speaker 3: We lost Derante to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Right, former defense techno, defensive running game Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Right, No, he's in. He's in Washington. Sorry, he's in with the Commanders.
Speaker 1: He has the def defensive running game coordinator for your Minnesota Vikings. Gotcha, gotcha. Played defensive tackle for usc It's ninety seven to two thousand and one, started thirty games. Blah blah blah, sign contract with the Eagles two thousand and two, didn't make a drink camp time in the Arena Football League, And now he's coach. I've been from the Saints to the Falcons, to the Jaguars to the Bills as senior defensive coordinator assistant and now to your Minnesota Vikings this year al right on February third, So you go, there, you go, that's what he's talking about. Van Gego talks about missing our guy Grenard.
Speaker 12: You know, JJ's a guy that was a foundational piece and a lot of high energy, showed a lot of emotion, came out here and worked at his tail off every every day and every week, and you know, we're going to miss his presence. And obviously I'm excited for Dallas to step up into a bigger role. And you can see, you know, just.
Speaker 2: The way he attacks. He feels like it's.
Speaker 12: His time to shine, and I'm excited to see that development.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it'll be interesting to see what they do with this kind of freed up money that they have. I mean, they have about thirteen million dollars now to spend. That doesn't mean they have to spend it, but it's possible that they go out and target maybe another edge player. There's a couple of big time names and vets that they could go after that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's going to cost you too much money. So this is kind of debatable, And I'm like, if they have the money, do they have to spend it. And if they do spend it, what position do you spend it on. I mean, some people probably say, well, we maybe need to bring another safety in. Maybe we'd just like bolster our defensive backs just from a depth standpoint, and that's all very possible. But I do think that possibly adding another true edge or situational pass rusher might be might be in the cards, you know, I think to be suggested, or a center. You know. I feel like if they were going to bring in a center, though, they would probably done it already. Well they might rafted one two, Yeah, So it seems like just from there, from the lack of action that they might be actually pretty comfortable with. There was a whole them at center in the second and third round.
Speaker 2: And they and they pass.
Speaker 1: Yeah good.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 1: For today, a PA is at TCO Studios celebrating the Girls Flag Football Stage Championship, and while he's there, he'll have brand new GM Nolan Teasley and Justin Jefferson joining him.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, hey o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's right. So Nolan Teasley and Justin Jefferson with Pa today from TCO Studios as he celebrates the Girls Flag Football State championship.
Speaker 4: And then Parker and I will be there tonight at six thirty what hosting a show kind of talking about the flag football, giving updates on the championship game which will be going on. We'll talk to the the coach of the winning team whiver wins the state championship tonight. So big day of flag football all day long out there at the TCO Stadium and well against start kick things off at nine and kind of put the I guess close the book at six thirty.
Speaker 1: Ben, you and I have never taken a road trip just you and I. You've never gone anywhere together? Is you know? Holiday road great in the sites to each other, telling stories, getting to know each other, and spending.
Speaker 2: Time paying for the ride.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we've certainly not done that with fargo flashing in the back seat, you know. Yeah, as he tells us in our little text chain, we have going. It's Gophers and Vikings by in the same week in which Kansas plays at Kansas State, the three of us Holiday road, Holiday road to Kansas State, your alma mater to watch that game, thoughts.
Speaker 3: I might be an Auburn, I might be okay, well, okay, well tell me hold on you'll pay for the ride. Hold on a little bit mintal drive October seventeenth. So now let's look at the old calendar. October seventeenth. Wait, I went to November. That didn't make any sense, okay, ooh yeah, ooh okay, interesting. So Auburn's at Georgia. So no, I've been home and got dang, that's possible. That's real possible what I'm saying. See what I'm saying, man, And I think I know some people down there that can get us some tickets.
Speaker 1: That'd be kind of fun when't tick of the stories we'd have, the memories we'd make.
Speaker 2: And you want to drive there or just fly there?
Speaker 1: How far is it?
Speaker 3: It's about ten hours.
Speaker 1: I want to fly.
Speaker 3: The thing is tricky. And the tricky thing about getting into k State from here is that you're there is a bit of a drive either way, so you either flyingo Witchta and then it's too so you find a Kansas city and then it's two hours. So you're gonna be on a plane for a little over you know, an hour and fifteen minutes, and then you get to drive.
Speaker 2: Ski then so it drives longer than the flight.
Speaker 3: It's still it's still shorter than a ten hour drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't want to go now.
Speaker 5: He thought, I'll be honest with you, he thought Kansas and Kansas State played in his backyard all beyones.
Speaker 3: Unless unless there's somebody out there. It just happens to have a private jet laying around.
Speaker 1: Who could that be?
Speaker 2: And if I don't know, let's just.
Speaker 3: Like we're gonna put out the private jet bat signal right now, if you want to fly me and Hawk and Konzemius to Case State that weekend, we would oblige.
Speaker 2: Well you find private I'm in. I'm in as well.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, well we got to have yeah, yeah, we have a videographer can.
Speaker 1: Just someday little image of Jake Chill and Holland the Joker. Oh what's his name, Heath Ledger?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, doing a little broke back. So well, you gotta see a lot of cowboy hats down there.
Speaker 1: Here's a situation I'm fine with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what they say, cowboy butts driving?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's bumper.
Speaker 1: I screwed my nuts together.
Speaker 9: How the people think you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Play it again?
Speaker 1: Sure? I am over and over again. His daddy in here.
Speaker 2: I think Dad would laugh at it in the world.
Speaker 1: I gotta watch it with the sound at the same time, because I gotta see at what point does he.
Speaker 2: Go He sounds like beaver.
Speaker 5: Oh oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, So anyway, Viking's news. There you go, Hey, Ben, do you buy any chance? Remember this is a really interesting uh it's football related. But so I've been listening to this podcast a lot of different podcasts, but this one podcast about Siegfried den Roy Sure and goes through the mauling and tells their story and anything like this. Here's an interesting side story that I that I just heard the very beginning of before I came into the studio this morning. Suddenly, at the beginning of episode five, I believe, or maybe six, the narrator starts talking about a former Oakland Raiders placekicker. I was like, I wonder why. Here's the reason. Do you remember the name cole Ford?
Speaker 2: No okay.
Speaker 1: Selected in the seventh round in the nineteen ninety five NFL Draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers, he played between ninety five and ninety for the NFL's Oakland Raiders. Here's where things get sad and odd Ford moved to Las Vegas in two thousand and four, specifically to pursue a lawsuit against the Mirage Casino demanding five million dollars in damages for alleged exploitation of athletes from profiting off sports betting. That lawsuit was dismissed, but for some reason in his mental illness, he blamed Siegfried and Roy. He was arrested and charged because he went to their house in September twenty first of two thousand and four and fired a gun towards their house multiple times. At January two thousand and five, hearing, Judge Jackie Glass ruled that he was incompetent the stand trial ordered him sent to a statemental facility. He said, I am competent. I want to plead guilty, and so he did. How about that?
Speaker 3: Wow, boy, he seems like a nice guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah he does. She's The narrator starts the episode by saying he was one of the most accurate kickers in the history of the Raiders, and then just one day he missed a a pat to tie the game with three minutes left in the game.
Speaker 2: Back when they were like fifteen yards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and things just went sideways for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I knew a kicker, cole Ford kicker.
Speaker 2: I knew a kicker that.
Speaker 3: Played for the Dolphins, and he just he went off the deep end as well. And then he like changed his identity became a woman, and then yeah, and then like got all sorts of troubles, stealing stuff, stealing pets, like yeah, Stile the actual dolphin that would like be at their games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't he kidnap them?
Speaker 2: His mom make like little cookie footballs? I think so.
Speaker 3: Was the kind of hot yeah, yeah, when he changed his identity, Yeah, not so much when he was a man.
Speaker 2: That God bothers. But a great film. Great, great God, that's a good movie.
Speaker 1: And Corey wherever he's at rest in peace Corey died. Well, no, he's resting, he's asleep, I doubt it. And he's not in peace ever, he's very pridy. Thank you. And by the way, one last thing. The Bears have played in Illinois. Boy, it's the team's founding in nineteen twenty, but as of right now they are moving forward with plans for a new stadium.
Speaker 3: I see, man, Indie, this is the This is such a fasting game, fascinating game.
Speaker 2: Of political chicken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because everybody knows that Kevin Warren and the Chicago Bears are just trying to leverage Indiana. That that's all they're trying to do. Right, They have an agreement with the eight in the city of Hammond, and they're playing this like fake charade of hey, we have an agreement. Hey hey Chicago, Hey Illinois, we're about to leave, gonna We're gonna go over here. You better give us a better deal, and Illinois is like, sure, go, Like it sounds like they're having all these emergency meetings, but the is like eleventh hour stuff. Yeah, yeah, Like if they don't, I doubt they follow through what they're dealing Hammond. But it is looking real close like they're going.
Speaker 1: To I'm starting to believe that it's gonna Wait.
Speaker 5: Didn't they say last week that unless they call an emergency session to vote on yeah, it's not gonna happen. Like they're going to go to Indiana.
Speaker 1: Here's something I did not know. There's a lot of things I don't know, but here's something I did not know. From nineteen twenty one until nineteen seventy one, the Bears played at Wrigley Field. I think how about that I did not know that so they think.
Speaker 2: I knew that.
Speaker 5: Well, so would they the Hackers play at County Stadium too, Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah yeah not long ago. Yeah, nineties.
Speaker 3: Did they say that they would keep the name Chicago or would they change it to the Hammond Bears or the Indian Bears?
Speaker 2: Would be kind of cool.
Speaker 1: I do believe they're going to keep at Chicago, just like the New York Giants or the New York Giants.
Speaker 5: And the San Francisco forty nine ers don't play in San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't call them the Santa Clara.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So there you go.
Speaker 1: We'll find out more about all that. We'll break, we'll come back. We might talk to Jim Gaffigan a little bit. I'm not sure. Yeah, that'd be fine. I hope he calls in. That'd be great, love to talk to him. So have some questions ready just in case. And well, we'll talk the rest of the sports and more with Ben Lever and a cast thousands the fan.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back
Speaker 1: From the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.