Speaker 1: And we just grabbed every key, dummoground.
Speaker 2: That's nice day, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the twenty first day of August twenty twenty six. Happy Friday, everybody. Welcome to the Parts of Morning Show. A day before another Vikings preseason game. We've got another round, the first of these second round matchups in the initial tournament. Mark Paris on his way and maybe Marty Gallaurn are not sure one hundred percent on that, but cast of thousands, here's some comment. Let's get it started. This Friday, ladies and gentlemen, gonna be great weekend.
Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 3: I am glad you are here.
Speaker 4: If you work Monday to Friday, If you work Monday to Friday, you are a victim of the greatest quality hustle that has ever existed.
Speaker 1: The weekend. The weekend, you think it's good, don't you. Friday night rolls around, you feel blessed. That's how utterly they make your work week.
Speaker 4: They make it so unbearable that Friday hits and you're like, oh my god, what a treat. I have just under forty eight hours to tend to everything that I was too dead in my soul to tend to all week long, and.
Speaker 1: I get to do it hungover.
Speaker 2: This is tremendous, the famous sweet and fetus.
Speaker 3: On your side.
Speaker 2: You hear the distance unders this say.
Speaker 1: It is Friday.
Speaker 5: It is August twenty first, the last day of the week for the Power to a Morning show.
Speaker 1: I'm Corey Cove.
Speaker 5: That's Chris Hockey, that's meat Sauce, Paul Lambert. There's Zach Halverson Parish bringing food for you fellas here in a second, No morning today.
Speaker 1: I remember she's got like a wedding.
Speaker 3: She's getting married.
Speaker 1: Ago, No, nor you're getting married her in.
Speaker 5: Mills? Is it Mills? Doesn't matter, it doesn't matter. It's not famous, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Always not famous.
Speaker 5: So yeah, she's got a wedding somewhere. There's Mark Parrish.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a quick question before we get started? Do you know anyone.
Speaker 6: Who's had knee surgery?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think I might have met somebody once.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Oh, Man's like pushing a little snowball down the hill. And now a couple of years later we have an absolute Indiana Jones size boulder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just keeps rolling rolling, Yep, that's right, Oh Mark, Oh hi.
Speaker 3: Mark, Hi, guys, you make it through.
Speaker 1: Headphone. Oh hi Mark, Hi, oh hi Mark.
Speaker 3: Okay, boy, do you make it through?
Speaker 1: Okay? Uh? Yesterday I finally made it through a day without crying.
Speaker 3: Okay, good.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was Uh.
Speaker 7: You know, nobody sugarcoats it for you about dropping your kid off at college, and I'm glad they don't because it's it's thundersold it it is hard.
Speaker 1: It's real, man, real hard.
Speaker 5: She don't mean Nikki, I mean Gianna specific Nikki too, but I mean, how did she do? U?
Speaker 7: Gianna did good, like she was she was excited. The hard part, uh, which I think was the hardest part for all of us, was, you know, given the final hug outside of her dorm and she started walking back to her dorm and we started going the other direction towards the car. She kind of looked back and she was she was crying a little bit, and I didn't even make.
Speaker 1: It out of the door.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: We were walking down the hall and luckily she was one of the last ones moving in, and the next day her roommate was moving in, so we were kind of helping out a little bit. And by the time I got to the elevator, the waterworks were full, full blown and hit the elevator button and the first door opens up.
Speaker 1: Was just full of kids and we easily could have fit in there. And I was just like, nope, we'll wait for the next one. Yeah and yeah, and it was yeah.
Speaker 7: After that, I kind of told Nicki as we were walking away, like I'll drive, I needed distraction everything. I made it thirty seconds in the car and I had to pull over and let NICKI drive. She was a little bit more under control. She had let it out gradually over the year. It all hit me at just once and it was just I, yeah, that's just hard that her whole life just starts flying through your you know, think going through your mind and you've just seen it all from the beginning. And so I literally cried myself to sleep in the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was yeah, yeah, what's wrong with Mark drive? It was yeah, it's it was really hard. And then you know, we were good, you know, the five hour Drivers. After a couple hours, I was all right, switch with Nikki. I was we were doing okay, and you know, talking with Turner and how much fun we're going to have the three of us and everything, and we got turned off twelve on a counter with six about five minutes from home, and then the waterworks just started again because you're going home and she's not.
Speaker 1: Going to be there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, ma'n got those under control and then went up and said good night to Turner, walked by her room. Waterworks started again because I wasn't saying can't say goodbye to her anymore, good night to her in the morning, at night and everything.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, it was. That was a rough, rough day. The next day it was was still pretty hard. Wednesday got a little bit better, and yeah, yesterday I was we finally were able to get through without crime. So yeph Atlust.
Speaker 5: She had that five hour distraction of just unbelievable beautiful landscape.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's just nothing but absolutely nothing right there, the mountains and forests and rivers and yeah, yeah it's a it's a simple drive, but by any means no. Yeah, So it was, uh, yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was. It was interesting for you man. Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 7: It's it's such a weird range of emotions because you're happy, you're excited, you're really proud, but it's just heart wrenching.
Speaker 1: Just yeah.
Speaker 7: So it was, uh, you know, and the nice thing about it is, uh, everybody understands that's gone through it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: So we're at Polly Martin's charity event last night, the Shine a Light event, which was an awesome event. And yeah, there was just a lot of former former NHL. There's a lot of good buddies of mine that had been through it that were that were consoling me, and a lot of that we're about to go through it that are terrified now.
Speaker 1: But it's it's amazing.
Speaker 4: She is.
Speaker 7: The one nice thing is is uh, she's spent texting me back instantly now when I ask her what's going on, Well, it never was, I know, never was. C she can't wait to tell me what she's been up to and everything. So yeah, and you know, we're trying not to overwhelm her. It's not like a good night, good morning every day like I want to. But yeah, so it's it's really awesome. She's having a lot of it, a lot of fun down there.
Speaker 5: I know I said as to you a week ago, but I think you're in the sweet spot. I think that four or five hour range is the sweet spot. Yeah, because it's not like she's in Florida where you have to fly and it's exactly and it's also not like she's at you where it's a fifteen minute drive, right. It took that sweet spot where if she really needs to come home, she.
Speaker 1: Can get home.
Speaker 5: If you really need to see her, you can go see her. Yep, but then she still has her distance. Yeah, that's a little sweet spot. I mean it's unfortunately Iowa. Yeah, yeah, it's it's the right the good points. There might be Diamond Joe's I flew by and right over the border. You've had it for you hawk, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it starts sports sports petting the second across the old.
Speaker 5: Boarder here in Iowa. Yeah, we didn't bring that up to her.
Speaker 1: We let that go.
Speaker 7: Yeah, learn really really cool campus and everything, and the people are obviously really nice, so uh, you know, we're looking forward to getting nick though. A nice thing is too, is that they don't get the concerts that we have. So she'll be back next weekend for a concerts again, and I think a week or so after that she'll be back, and then she's coming back for the state fairs. So she's yeah, yeah, so she's gonna and that's we had to set the ground rule right away. If she comes back to the cities, she's got to stop by home and.
Speaker 1: Say hello and so. But no, it's a oh yeah, man.
Speaker 3: It's hard not to look at what you're losing, man, right, it's hard not to look at you know, the empty room at the end of the hall. It's you know, it's hard. It's hard to I but I swear to you, but I swear it gets easier. And then you know, you're like, hey, I got a room to do blank blanket now you know, And and it's I don't know, it's cool.
Speaker 1: Are you still blank blanking twice a day? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you talking to me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Twice twice if we'd have to check on him?
Speaker 3: What are you talking when my old What a story?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 3: It's the best, man, It's the worst and the best.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I'm happy for you.
Speaker 1: We did something right. Yeah, she's a good kid. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, talk about all the attention you never wanted.
Speaker 7: Oh my lord, that every day, I like, don't play video games, like, just do something with that, please, yep.
Speaker 3: And but I'll tell you man, you just wait wait, I mean, how how much how much longer do we have before Turner takes off?
Speaker 1: He's a junior. So a couple of years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you just wait. I think this one was hard.
Speaker 5: I know, once Turner, you're just gonna be sitting around the house going, I guess I'm gonna nap today.
Speaker 7: I mean yeah, yeah, you think about the things you lose, but you gain that game more. Yeah, no guilt napping anymore?
Speaker 1: Would you? Who did you see at Paul Martin's bid?
Speaker 7: Oh there was a bunch of guys show mah or obviously Keith Ballard, Dustin Buffling, Jamie Lang and Brunner.
Speaker 1: Uh was last night to you guys there? Yeah, Tallers, it was good.
Speaker 7: Brock Faber was there, so yeah, no, it's it was a great event at the machine Shop. Yeah, cool place, really cool spot. Yeah, really cool venue is at.
Speaker 1: The spot on the Woodbury like Woodbury.
Speaker 7: No, it's on the other side of the river in Minneapolis. Oh, I'm thinking of something else.
Speaker 1: What was that? Wasn't it called the Machine Shed? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was like that was an interesting choice for Paul Martin charity, but I was going to roll with it. He fell in love with Woodbury all of a sudden. Sure, Yeah, that would have been an interesting ven choice. Good for you man, raise some money. There's a machine shop in Minneapolis. Yeah, that's right, that's what you're saying. I thought it was the I was in my head it was the machine that was in Woodbury. I had it backwards. I had it backwards too, machine shed it's better than the rest. We'll play it's no, it's green to red. Oh do you wash it?
Speaker 1: Do you wash it?
Speaker 3: That's a weird question.
Speaker 1: I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Do you wash it?
Speaker 1: He's sounding kind of excited. Actually, yes, question while you're listening to Ben mallor true.
Speaker 3: That is technically that is to see Ben this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys might see him, hope.
Speaker 5: So I know he's having a mallor meet and greet at the end of the month. But I don't think you guys overlap. So like he's doing his his bit where he you know, asks all of his listeners to Hey, if you're in Vegas, come by and say hi. I think it's like a day or two or three after you guys are there, all.
Speaker 3: Right, because I wouldn't be surprised if he's involved in what we're involved in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. Yeah, he's the best. We'll reach out to him. You have his number, right, Yeah? I love that guy. Great guy.
Speaker 3: I'll smooch him.
Speaker 1: But there you go.
Speaker 3: So football man, we got us a defensive end, guys awesome?
Speaker 1: Which one the kid?
Speaker 3: Dallas Turner? Did you read Alex Lewis's article about me? I guess it's no, it's behind This is the linebacker. I've got three or four counts. You want to borrow on them?
Speaker 1: You do? He really does? I use one over here and I have one on my phone.
Speaker 3: Dallas Turner stomping people's asses yesterday, feeling good, looking good Mortimer? Anybody classic?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, absolutely?
Speaker 3: Trading Places is so good. Got us such a good film.
Speaker 1: In their heyday that to the list. Never saw it?
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's that might be my favorite Eddie Murphy movie. And that might be ridiculous to say, but I think it might be better than second favorite.
Speaker 1: Then you like no, No one like norb You like that movie?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Hawk?
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's It's a great family film. And there's a lot of chubs. Most of them are ready Murphy and lady outfits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which you know you're five with lady outfits. He's fine with that.
Speaker 3: Listen, man, you're in hey, let's you get one life right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I ain't trying to waste another day.
Speaker 1: Amen, Amen.
Speaker 5: At eight fifteen, we will waste your time with a game called Initials. The semi Finals rolling on Quarterfinals in the rearview mirror. Semi Final number one today Zach Halverson versus Tatum Ever to the Vikings Entertainment Network, Brandon Maleski and Greg Sweedburg the wildcard wheel winner one of two, him and Glenn moving on based on the wildcard. But actually yeah, because then Audre made it in on our own account Citio wildcard. But the four of them square off. The winner advances to the finals. No more wild cards, no more safety nets. You either got a win or you go home. Starting today at a fifteen, Oh yeah, yeah, what do we want? I said one twenty two five. I feel like last week was one twenty two? Am I losing my mind?
Speaker 1: That's right?
Speaker 3: No, you're right.
Speaker 1: I think I think it was one twenty two last week.
Speaker 5: So I think we're at one hundred and twenty two thousand, five hundred dollars and confer go okay, one twenty two days five potentially up for grabs at eight fifteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why not one year of college? Look exactly, that's one year in Iowa, Okay, can I call in. You might need to soon more with Mark Parrish and the rest of the Power Trip Morning Show after this on the van.
Speaker 8: When you start listening to books on audible, traffic might seem like less of an annoyance and more of an opportunity for another chapter Audible get a front row seat to the Power Trip Morning Show or from passwords exclusive Cafee interviews catch the moment's reactions and behind the scenes fun you can't get on the radio alone. Watch at Cafe dot com slash Watch powered by Quantum Fiber Internet.
Speaker 3: All right, Zach, good, thank you.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: Saus and I were just talking TV during the break. I have a high empathetical for the entire room.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 5: Let's do it because I don't know if what we were just talking about, Sauce is the right answer, but it's one of the ones that's in the conversation.
Speaker 1: Zacho will think it's the right end.
Speaker 5: Give me, Give me the number one show in the history of television that you wish had not been a network show, and it would have been an HBO show, so they would have had HBO's resources. You obviously could say anything you want, so there's no censoring. There can be gratuitous nudity if the show needs it, Like if you wanted to have cheers on HBO, I wanted to see Ted Danson bottomless, But give me the show that would have been better even if it's a great show, a better show if it's on HBO.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me think.
Speaker 1: Because Sauce and I have one that's definitely in the conversation.
Speaker 3: It's a big one.
Speaker 5: I mean, and you like the show way more than I did. But I thought the show was good, but it would have been epic on HBO.
Speaker 8: Epic I think without commercials, which is a big one for this one. I would have loved to have seen twenty four.
Speaker 1: That was exactly the show we were talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, with HBO's writers, so you could kind of get rid of like the cheesy because twenty four was a little bit cheesy, right, It made some really cliche action mistakes. There's a little bit of fill to right, That's what I'm saying. If you put prestige TV writers production. I mean, it's not like they went cheap on that show, but you go all out with HBO's budget, writer's skill set. I think twenty four is a great show that is like legendary on HBO. Yeah, I mean twenty four in secho, you and I've talked about this. Twenty four had the one issue.
Speaker 6: I think it was season five or six where literally the twelfth episode the writer strikeap right, and the second half of that season is horrifically bad. It's like they said, Sauce, do you want to write for and I'm like, yeah, I'll do it. It's did a pretty good job. Yeah, but you gotta admit, though, Zacho, I think it's the fifth season. Yeah, it just got squirreling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but there was that episode that you wrote where, like every other seeing the one guy goes, you guessed it, I'm the bad guy, but it was like fifteen twists, every dusty right, everybody ended up being the bad guy. Everybody's name tag said, mon you saw that. I thought that season was just terrible on HBO. Would have been better, Chris, you got one a show that would have been exponentially better on HBO.
Speaker 3: I think a show that I can't help but put it in the context of context. If I wish they would redo it, same cast and put it on HBO and start from the beginning again. It would be west Wing, I got I love that show. Can you imagine what the commercials?
Speaker 5: I didn't even see it, but I could tell I meant Aaron Sorton had the Newsroom on HBO. That was probably a West Wing feel with the newsroom instead of the White House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: He could really dive into the behind the scenes stuff, you know. And in that show, what's his face of Martin?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: What Martin?
Speaker 3: Martin Sheen's president, Kennedy idiot. Well, he's a president that you owe that like every I think both sides would love to have, you know what I mean? Yeah, and to see what his staff would have to go through in real life.
Speaker 1: I think it would be pretty cool. Parish, I was saying Sons of Anarchy.
Speaker 5: Oh so all right, I didn't watch I didn't watch Sons that was on FX? Right, Yeah, how how edited was it? Like they swear on FX but maybe not NonStop? But is there were there limitations on the language or did they let it let it loose?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah?
Speaker 3: They Yeah, there was there were limitations for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I also.
Speaker 3: There they showed some stuff, but like when they let those people on fire in night Pit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, HBO, you.
Speaker 3: Would have scene in burning Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: There's some graphic scenes and stuff like that. Not that I wanted to see some of them, you know, in more detail and whatnot. But yeah, for them to just have freedom to do whatever they wanted, I think that would.
Speaker 3: Have made the Opie scene oh man, when he says I got this, Oh my god, dude, that that show was so good.
Speaker 1: I love Yeah, we love that show. Yeah, I never saw it. All right. Let me ask you an insane question.
Speaker 5: Would shows like The Office or Parks and Rec be better, the same or the or worse if.
Speaker 1: You put it on HBO. I was actually thinking about The Office. I mean, I don't know. I could argue it both ways. That's a great question. And I think The Office succeeds because you can't be just full on filth exactly, and you have to it's got to be clever exactly. You have to write it into existence. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and I think that there's something to be said for that. That's what we talked about with Howard Stern when he went to Serious Headline Radio. How funny would we be if there were no parameters? Who knows, you know, But I think the parameters make you have to be more creative in some way.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Yeah, yeah, they definitely.
Speaker 5: My guess is if we let them start from scratch and pretend that The Office never existed and it's an alternate reality and it starts on HBO, my guess is there are a handful of scenes that would be just epic if they just let it loose and do whatever they want. Yeah, but everything we just said, I think is the truth. I think the the way that you have to write a show like that for network TV makes you have to think outside the box and get creative.
Speaker 1: You can't just have Todd Packer saying the most offensive things on the planet.
Speaker 5: You have to what can I say on NBC that is still super offensive? It isn't over the line.
Speaker 3: I got a million dollar idea. Go on and somebody out there can have this. I'm too old and too tired to take it to fruition. Imagine a office style show where you have, you know, the closet where they go into and they tell you what's going on with Dexter, like where he breaks down why he killed the guy and how he killed him and what he's going to do to him, Like you know, where he has the little aside, sort of like a Parker Lewis can't lose where he looks at the camera and breaks down the third wall and says, here's what I'm going to do to this son up a bit, because that was the thing about Dexter, a serial killer you could root for, at least in the beginning, because he killed bad guys.
Speaker 5: He was still a serial killer. But you know, like Boondocks Saints, Yeah, yeah, it's Robin Hood. He's robbing from the rich to give to the poor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then John Lithgow came in and made that show even better, and then it just asked its pants towards.
Speaker 1: The end, Oh great, didn't get Yeah, it got real bad.
Speaker 3: Well, they ran out storylines and then he was married to the woman and it was just in real life. I mean it was it just got convoluted. But I would love to see a serial killer who tried to look at and say, you know, stops time and says, Okay, I'm going to kill this guy later today. Yeah, and here's what I'm going to do to him.
Speaker 5: You know, Hey, uh have you seen the string of bodies that have been found in Minneapolis and they're they're going out of their way to say, we don't believe these are connected. We don't believe these are a serial killer. But it was like three days in a couple of there was three bodies in a couple of days, and it was all along the river.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was one of the man Cato too, right, So yeah.
Speaker 1: They were I mean I assume they're thinking it's drowning.
Speaker 3: You have something you'd like to admit.
Speaker 5: Uh no, But I mean it is weird when you see a bunch of unexplained deaths. U. Let's un let's have more information that they're not telling us. But then it's like, well, these aren't connective.
Speaker 3: Are we sure?
Speaker 1: Right now? Be like looking on you know, you think the worst. Yeah, of course, what are you not telling?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Minneapolis over the last handf of years has gone through a thing or two. We we don't need a serial killer, not an active one that like the whole country is going to have their eye on. Yeah, we don't need that, agreed, right, Saw, I'm looking at you.
Speaker 3: Of course it ends up being I.
Speaker 6: Mean I don't think I could ever be a serial killer because take a lot of effort, take a lot of planning, and uh and to not get caught requires keeping a secret, attending.
Speaker 3: To detail and gut helmets, attention to what that's.
Speaker 1: Right, that's right. You'd have to hide the bodies in your gutters. Yeah, but I couldn't because my gutters are protected by gutter, helmet and gutter.
Speaker 5: Then where would you hide him. I'm not going to tell you that was a test pass you passed.
Speaker 3: It's just barely because he thought about it for a moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, Yeah, Hey, can I ask you guys a question about my question from yesterday about the biker.
Speaker 5: Gang a five minute question at the end of the show. Can I ask it in a ten second question?
Speaker 6: Sure, biker gangs get infiltrated because people in the biker gang get caught, and they use those people against the gang.
Speaker 3: Right from time to time.
Speaker 1: That's probably one way to do it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But I think in your very long winded question to wrap the show yesterday, I think you were saying, why does biker gangs ever allow any outsider in?
Speaker 1: Yeah? In my responsible you were asking that was how do they ever grow the gang?
Speaker 5: If they don't allow new You have to allow new people in club club, right, so you have to I mean, do they do full background checks? And vet them out. I mean, well, and you know I couldn't.
Speaker 3: Do if you'd left me some room, I could answered you yesterday because I've I've I've for some reason listened to some audio books about this stuff with CIA guys and alcohol, tobacco, firearm guys who have infiltrated gangs and stuff. I guess not CIA, but and it's interesting because guys about my age a little bit younger, from time to time are looking for families when they're when they for whatever reason, go through something, they don't have a family anymore. I had a buddy one time who when his mom passed away, his dad had been gone a long time. He was an only child, didn't have any kids, so he joined a biker gang because he liked that family feel. And you join a smaller local thing and then you like it, and there maybe you are a supporter of a bigger biker gang and you say, maybe I want to be a part of this, and then you just kind of move into different So they vet you by keeping an eye on you and the big guys. They have lawyers and such like that who will vet you on the internet and find out what your true path is. True past is. So I think television and you know, just fiction makes it look like it's easier to get inside as a you know, an informant than it really is. We've heard of them, yeah, but I don't think it's as easy as they make it look.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm trying not to make this about me, but stay with me for a second.
Speaker 5: There was a time that I stopped at this bar and I had to make a phone call and there was this biker gang and they did not care for me. I could tell the second I walked in. I'm like, this is the wrong bar, this is the wrong place. They were all talking there, he yapping along and I couldn't hear anything, and I'm trying to make a call.
Speaker 1: So I yelled at him and I was like, could you keep it down a little bit. I'm trying to make.
Speaker 3: Exactly what you said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said, I'm trying to.
Speaker 10: Use and.
Speaker 5: They threatened to kill me. They threatened to kill me, and I just said, before you kill me, can I do one last thing?
Speaker 1: And I did this dance and stuff and everybody started clapping and stuff, and.
Speaker 5: Then they just gave me a motorcycle. So I was kind of in the club but I didn't even have to like stay with them. I just drove off. Paul, your hands up.
Speaker 1: He's not here till next April when we bet on the Masters. Does he know anybody who said knee surgery? Hawkcus right, I'm trying God, Hawk, did the Hawk did have knee surgery? Yes? Yes, yes, Parish.
Speaker 5: After Turner moves out, join a biker gang you get two years of play which game you're gonna join?
Speaker 9: God, his tail is just the tail of that motorcycle is all over the place and startsace.
Speaker 1: It's freaking personal.
Speaker 3: I have to turn it around the show to you guys, but my computer keeps turning off.
Speaker 1: But he kick starts it.
Speaker 3: It starts. He looks frond like looking on dead and then her it's so good. There it goes and he's fish tailing.
Speaker 1: He is. It's one of my favorite scenes, the greatest, so good.
Speaker 3: I don't know how they filmed that, The.
Speaker 1: Relief on his face when he kickstarts that thing, like hell yeah.
Speaker 5: And there is genius in the silence after the crash. Right, It's not like the biker guys are going like, oh damn man, like that legget hurt like you are sayings like you don't need to add anything, just have that weird silent crash and then just.
Speaker 3: I'm about to ruin your day, Corey.
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: What is the name of the biker gang?
Speaker 1: Oh? I have no idea. No, that's not that's not even in the back of my head.
Speaker 3: I think I would have known even before I watched the time?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: How many words is it to? What are they? Initials? S H, Satan's I would I knew how they filled this, Satan's something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, yep, Satan's h, Satan's s close, Satan's helpers.
Speaker 1: Purpose not Santa's helpers, Satan's helpers, bikers helpers. Damn god, I'm best man.
Speaker 3: The stunt man who crashed this porcycle.
Speaker 1: Oh so good. Hope be finding bike Pewie. Yeah. Then he slaps him on the back, right, he takes off, It just goes quiet. That's so good.
Speaker 5: Front Page Sports is next after this and The Power to Morning. Join the Fans America.
Speaker 8: Summer Mystery Prizes are are back and we are bringing them to you all summer long. Come grab yours at KFA and events throughout summer and wherever you see our KFA and street team to make sure to redeem them at Mall of America for fun prizes and big discounts. The fullest events at KFA dot com. Just make the keyword calendar.
Speaker 1: Woway.
Speaker 3: Let's get right to sports, ma'am. First things happening in this world.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: Many sports presented by Holiday station Stores.
Speaker 5: Holiday Station Stores for a limited time four Mountain Dews for just eight bucks at Holiday Ice Cold Mountain Dew.
Speaker 1: Drink Mountain Tom Green.
Speaker 5: Does you can get it at the Holiday four for eight bucks? Thanks Holiday?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Hey, the Ravens are in town Joint Practice number two in the rear view mirror.
Speaker 1: But Tomorrow Saturday at.
Speaker 5: Noon, the Ravens can stop going on the rock bottom plunge at Mall of America. They can stop riding the rides and start playing some football, even though most of the starter is probably won't.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 5: Preseason game number two for the Minnesota Vikings again, pregame at ten, game at noon right here on the fan on DraftKings. The Vikings are three and a half point favorites. Good teams win, great teams cover. Yeah, it's gonna be a good one, Hogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll be there are you going down?
Speaker 1: No, my wife's got to work, so lou Dog and I'll do the pregame from home.
Speaker 3: I'll be at the stadium, man, let's go.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, dude, over Under is thirty six and a half. Game three of the preseason in Denver on Friday. Yeah, Hog o'clock.
Speaker 1: Don't like gambling on preseason football because it means too much.
Speaker 3: It means too much. I don't want it to cheapen the product for Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yep, we wish there were four games. Every team played four games.
Speaker 3: I wish that there was a game every two hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of preseason football.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Like the last night's games were a lead hog.
Speaker 3: That's right. Yeah, Mendoza throw a pick six.
Speaker 1: He sure did. It's over Yep. You had a one week run. Sorry, you want to throw those in the preseason. You don't want to wait till the regular.
Speaker 5: So they're fun, especially if you have money. On the other side, I just throw a pick six. Cash those tickets.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Have we seen have you guys seen in the last what day or two the trend of everybody in the NFL, the players in the NFL hating, hating, hating, hating. The second day of joint practices. Right, even Sae Kwon Barkley now is coming on, going, what are we doing? Because all day twos have turned into is all right, I'm tired of you guys, let's just fight. There's pushing and shoving and punching, and people are getting in trouble, and across the league there are players going one is fine, Why are we doing back to back joint practices?
Speaker 1: It's nothing but skirmishes and heated rivalries. Oh yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's like, I don't know, but a lot of fights yesterday in the NFL. They don't like each other for that, you know, second twenty four hours.
Speaker 7: That's one of the reasons the NHL playoffs gets so feised is because you just get so sick of facing off against the same guy.
Speaker 1: Like after Game two, a game three, I'm like, got you again, right, you know it's just not your teammate, right, nobody is truly trying somebody take it out on you. Exactly. Yeah, you just I can see that in football being real tough. So I wonder think about how nuts this would be.
Speaker 5: I wonder if at some point we have joint practices slowly turn into what they do with preseason, or like.
Speaker 1: The starters mostly play on the first day.
Speaker 5: And then the guys that are fighting to make the team or the second day just to avoid this crap.
Speaker 1: Are we going to get to that point at some point?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's also not maybe not, but there's also like you know what Hawk and I saw on Tuesday is or Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Excuse me? They not. I would guess on every team has this, but like the Vikings have enough space where those teams never even need to come together.
Speaker 6: They could just have their own practice one day, joint practices the other, and just not practice on the first or second day. Right, they have so much space over there that you know, the first what twenty five minutes, talk thirty minutes is just their own team bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they kind of get together. They could just never get together. Didn't get shippy at all on day one. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Will Fries, Yeah he got a little the offensive and defensive lineman mostly because like Perry silly pushing.
Speaker 5: It's the same guy everything, and if one guy's trying harder because it's joined practice is and the one guy who's a vet that's like Will Fries and he's like, I don't really care.
Speaker 1: I don't want don't want to get hurt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so then you get the year taking this too seriously and now I'm going to take it out on you.
Speaker 1: The ruty effect, right, Yep, I wonder, Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, some guys are trying to make the team. Some guys are just trying to get shape. But didn't you say, hogs Daddy that they were told, Oh, yeah, like we're not We're like the Saints and Cowboys. Didn't one of the teams get fined? There was so much.
Speaker 3: Fighting, that's the thing that they're trying to do to keep it from happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, five hundred thousand dollars each for the brawls and joint practices the Cowboys and Saints.
Speaker 1: Maybe somebody was trying to steal will Fries as women. Yeah, you had to fight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes you got fighting.
Speaker 5: And did Jameis Winston get punched in the face or did he punch someone in the face?
Speaker 1: I do not know.
Speaker 5: I think Jamis got into a legitimate thing. Let me see if I can figure that out. Because I didn't see it. I thought I read that headline somewhere that he was either swinging or was swung upon anyway, you were saying talk amongst yourselves. Well, I looked this up Route Island neither a road nor notand.
Speaker 7: Five hundred thousand dollars fine for getting punched in the face.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: There was just so much fighting in the Cowboys saying it to its right that they were like, you guys got to stop because that was you said a tuhawk.
Speaker 1: When they would go to Kansas City, they would just fight.
Speaker 5: Jamis Winston, by the way, got punched in the face by a Dolphins player during a fight filled joint practice, according to the Bleacher Report, punch in.
Speaker 6: The face man, hmmm, because wasn't that like uh brock Lessner's bit as he would just fight.
Speaker 3: Well, usually the people who fighted the ones who were in the cusp and they're trying to show people that they're tough, right they care?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the best story, and I think staries tell the stories. Danny Greenwood said, no more fighting. If you fight, you're getting cut. There was a guy a friend of mine didn't care much for, so John Randall fought him. They didn't cut John Randall.
Speaker 5: That's that's playing chess when everybody else is playing checkers.
Speaker 6: Said no more fighting about ten minutes later, John beat up an offensive lineman.
Speaker 1: The guy fought back. That guy wasn't there the next day John definitely was.
Speaker 5: It would have been one of the ballsiest coaching decisions of all time to cut John Randall over a preseason fight.
Speaker 1: Didn't wasn't Leslie's first year. Didn't he cut Bryant McKenny. I don't know. I think he was a little overweight. They just fight out cut him. That's a huge bitch. Yeah, he's a monster.
Speaker 5: Twins are off yesterday. They are at the San Diego Dads tonight at eight forty. Minnesota is sixty three and sixty five after they just swept the NL East leading Atlanta Braves, and we are in a wild card spot. If the playoffs started today and they don't, we'd be in, Yeah, with a wild card with a sub five hundred record.
Speaker 1: But who cares. Yeah, we'll take it.
Speaker 5: They've been fun to watch this year. Rangers are sixty three and sixty five as well. We have a half game lead over the Blue Jays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, San Diego, sweet spot, baseball at Petco even cooler, So good for the Twins and.
Speaker 5: Mitch all right, clad Parish is here. Oh this is for Chris and Mark by Mark Hi episode you go. There are eight correct answers. And the reason why I'm bringing this up is because it's in the news. Great, Mark, You're gonna love this.
Speaker 1: This NBA related.
Speaker 5: I kind of figured, Oh boy, Mark, there are eight players in the history of the NBA that have either made five hundred million dollars or their current contracts that they have signed right that will eventually play out because it's guaranteed money, they will eventually cross the five hundred million dollar mark based on their current contracts for them. One of them joined that list yesterday by signing a new deal. Who are the eight players that have made five hundred dollars or more in the past or based on their current contracts? Lebron Lebron James is one that's already over the five hundred mark. Yes, he's one of the two, by the way that's already over. And this is just career earning.
Speaker 1: Career earning. Yep, no endorsement money is an okay hawk Nope, Chris Hockey did not. It's incorrect.
Speaker 5: James Harden was the one from yesterday. Yes, he signed a three year, ninety seven million dollar a deal with the Cavs. So when this deal plays out, he will be over the five hundred million marks to the beard, right, exactly right, So Lebron's one hardens one.
Speaker 1: Are they all still currently playing? Yes? Okay, that doesn't help at all, man. A couple of these guys.
Speaker 5: You've never set Curry Steph Curry will be over the line, but is not quite yet. I think he's actually next year. I think, like this season, I think he crosses the mark.
Speaker 1: You guys are for three? Uh well, I don't know. I think he might Sga seems a little isn't he young? Too young yet? Not there yet? He'll get there, though, God, I can't do that. I think you only have a shot at one more.
Speaker 5: The other ones that I think I could give you an hour and you're not going to come up with.
Speaker 1: I think you can get one more though.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to Carol.
Speaker 6: No, not the guy from Happy Birthday, Carol.
Speaker 7: I'm blanking on one guy's name playing for like Golden State. Yep, oklaholm up, yep.
Speaker 1: That's the other one. Yeah, that's the one I think you can get.
Speaker 7: What's your guys, that's the one, Harley David.
Speaker 5: While you're thinking of that person while you're thinking of that person, because that is a correct answer. And by the way, like I said, he is the he's the one that's also already over the five hundred million, the ones that you're never gonna get, Paul George, Joe l Embiid, Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell and.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is killing me. I think you I think you got it. An initials one.
Speaker 5: A lot of people call him by his initials SVG. No, what that's a Scott Van Geldt, No SVG.
Speaker 1: Oh Man.
Speaker 7: His first name starts with a K. Kevin, Kyri, Kiri one of the two of you is right, Oh, Kyrie Irving. No, Kevin Evan Duncan No.
Speaker 5: Not Kevin Duncan Duncan Kevin stop it, come on, Kevin O'Connell.
Speaker 1: No, literally a top ten player of all time. Kevin gard Had no Bird, not Kevin Bird, not Kevin Jordan, not Kevin Elijah w On.
Speaker 5: No kJ it was awesome for the Suns back loved kJ. Wow, you are a hockey Yeah.
Speaker 1: The last names initial search of the D not duncan No. People think we're kidding. No, we're not.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they're talking about Oh, I can see it.
Speaker 1: One of his nicknames is the Slim Reaper. I never heard that.
Speaker 5: If I say the other nickname gives it away because half of the nickname is his actual name.
Speaker 1: Let me just say it.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 1: One of his other nicknames is the Durantula Kevin Durant. Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 5: So Lebron Harden, Steph Katie Mbead Booker, Mitchell and Paul George.
Speaker 1: But yeah, are halfway there. I got the Kevin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you get some tough ones. Yeah, living on a prayer, mister Z. When The Power Trip Wanning Show returns, and then what really matters after this as well? Initials at eight fifteen, semi final number one between Halverson Moleski, Tatum Everett and greg Sweedberg and a listener gets a crack at the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials jackpot worth one hundred and twenty two.
Speaker 1: Thousand, five hundred dollars. This is the Power Trip Wonting Show on the fan download the free I heard.
Speaker 3: But uh, every time I get the hiccups, I think, well, this is the time it's never going to end. Yeah, I'm gonna have the hiccups until I die.
Speaker 5: And you're going to be on some uh you know BBC news story that talks about how this guy's been hiccupping for seventeen years.
Speaker 1: Calm down, but what would be here to listen?
Speaker 3: If it'll take away the hiccups, I'll do it.
Speaker 5: It does seem to be that it is always the British press that is covering a hiccup story, does it not. It's not like it's out of Ohio, it's always out of England. They care about hiccup, they do. People they care a lot about it, they really do.
Speaker 3: Every time I get the hiccups, I think it's never this is it?
Speaker 1: This is it? I care about mister Z. I know, you know, I'm mister Z. Hey guys, what's up? What's you tell us?
Speaker 5: In a in a world that doesn't include The Odyssey or Spider Man?
Speaker 1: What's going on in the world of film? What do we got this weekend?
Speaker 10: This weekend? The I think what probably is the final installment of the Insidious series of I'm not one hundred percent even sure of that. So insidious, I don't know how many of them have been four or five, six of them. It's called out of further, it's probably the big release, but Spider Man may beat this too. I think this is kind of be one of those twenty million dollar horror pictures, a relatively generic PG thirteen horror pictures. So it's nice that it's PG thirteen because then the young people who might like this movie can see it. But it's also not our so it's not a you know, not a R rated horror movie for the for the hardcore fans, and so it'll just slip in there in between.
Speaker 1: There some two of them all right back, yeah, and oh go ahead, is there more? No?
Speaker 10: I was just gonna say the other one isna. Every year and maybe sometimes twice a year we get a Jason Statham film that they start to mix together because we get so many of them, but they have their place. There's nothing new. He's you know, out for vengeance and that'll do okay because there's you know, there's a certain about people who will go to every Jason states and the film that comes out, including what Beekeeper two years ago, did pretty well.
Speaker 5: So don't you think it's weird that about every ten years there's a guy like this, Yeah, that he just makes movies that were the title doesn't matter the plot doesn't matter. It's just like Steven Sagal kicking ass, and it's ten years of Steven Sagal, then it's ten years of Liam Neeson. Now it's right, And I'm not saying Stathan's only been around for ten years, but it just seems like every ten years we just spin a wheel and there's a new guy that just punches people.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's yeah, a ton of kid.
Speaker 10: It's almost kind of the studios in Hollywood aren't necessarily known for making wise decisions when it comes to the movies that make money, But every now and then, listen to this, like, why don't we just keep doing this, you know, and keep firing him Outtive. I've always kind of half joked, have been serious that those out of a city. Every year, I would have some sort of a movie aimed at PG thirteen kids about a bunch of kids that have to stay in haunted house over a weekend for a Halloween prank. And you could just send that to the bank every year. But they, you know, so there's certain things that you could just do. An athlete, a high school athlete that you know kind of is down and out but at the end comes back and makes it. All of those things are tried and true. They make money, and Jason Stason will because they don't spend a lot. They'll make okay money at the theater. Then they'll sell it to the streamers and make a ton of money there.
Speaker 1: My taking nice for them.
Speaker 5: My take on movies like Mutiny is I always think they're they're an interesting choice. Like if you're on a flight and you're watching what people are picking, and there's a thousand movies to pick from, and you're like, you picked Mutiny for the next two and a half hours, that's the best choice of your time on this flight.
Speaker 1: And they just look like they're locked in, like this is the best mutiny.
Speaker 3: I judged costly every day. Do you need to judge me the plane?
Speaker 1: Ye can't wait for mutiny? Come on them.
Speaker 10: He seems like a good dude knows there's certain I think. I think it's we've you've talked about stuff that you put on for the background.
Speaker 1: Look at this is.
Speaker 10: Look at the numbers when you get to Christmas for the Hallmark movies that are streaming, and what kind of numbers those things do. And you could make an argument that that's but but you know, there's certain things that are like I don't know, that are comfort food for people and for you know, guys adjacent Safenfelds are just something that relaxes them. They don't have to pay too much attention to I guess, and you just kind of sit back and enjoy it and nothing surprising. You know exactly what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Very comforting, mister Z. Question for you, well, December eighteenth of this year be the biggest block like the biggest movie day in movie history.
Speaker 10: We we're not sure. We probably that's that's a great question. It is very what are we calling that Done's Day? Because Done three opens the same day as Avengers Doom's Day, and normally studios are kind of egotistical, so they don't want to do that. They want to be the number one. They hate to open their big movie at number two. A Dune will definitely be number two to Adventures Noomsday at least dollars wise. So yeah, we don't know. I mean, if Avengers is going to do Spiderman type numbers. The one thing holding it back from just statistically not over the course of a two week period, but where that's the December eighteenth, A lot of families do Christmas weekend movies the day after Christmas, the day of Christmas, and so there's going to be people who are going to wait and save one of those movies to go to on Christmas Day. And so we're going to spread those dollars from the eighteenth all the way to New Year's Eve versus like a May sixth, where everyone's trying to go opening weekend. But that being said, and then seven days after that, it's going to get really busy at Christmas Day because you're going to have those two movies and then Jumanji opens, and Jumanji's found a way into whether they're good or bad, they're very fun for a family to go to at Christmas. So it's going to be ridiculous on the twenty fifth as far as trying to get a ticket.
Speaker 5: You've ever been on a flight and somebody picks Jumanji and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, what what are you doing? That's a movie? The Odyssey.
Speaker 5: The Odyssey just became the highest grossing R rated movie of all time. It surpassed Deadpool and Wolverine. So what one point two or one point three billion? I think The Odyssey's at you think do you think Hollywood learned anything with this one and being rated R and the Imax angler is Christopher Nolan just kind of a unicorn?
Speaker 10: Yeah, if you took it the one time that if when this movie came out, if it just kind of surprise you, like you weren't familiar with it and it wasn't a Christopher Nolan, I don't think it would have done as much business even if it was the exact same movie. If you could make an alternate universe hypothetical. So that does help. And it's a three hour investment, I'm not sure. I guess here's what I hope they learned that if you're going to make a three hour long R rated movie, you better make it accessible and make it good because people are willing to come and sit for three hours or through a movie if it's really good and it's it doesn't feel like there's a lot of times that you look in your and watch hope the movie kind of wraps it up, and that doesn't happen in the in the Odyssey. So hopefully that's what they learned to spend the money and people will come.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, mister Z, thanks buddy. All right, guys, tuck y'all later by Eddie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not for one second of the Odyssey was I'm like, how long is this going to be? I actually I felt that way during Spider Man. I'm like, man, this is start to drag. But Odyssey was just it had you by the throat for three hours. Yes, oh yeah, right by the throat. You know, you know where they're choking you and you're choking them. You know one of those Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, you know somebody real well, your friends in the corner.
Speaker 3: For some reason, he can't do what you could do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not into that. Weird.
Speaker 5: What really matters is brought to you by Ovo Lacy and Lens, doctor Mark Lobanof and doctor David Whiteing.
Speaker 1: From Ovo, Lasik and Lens.
Speaker 3: That's what I hit everybody from right, that's.
Speaker 5: Right, you hit the Wildhorn. Look, this is strange. I know this is like the fourth time we've asked us. But Mark Parrish, I don't even have this on my list of questions because it's not in the news. It's August twenty first. Yeah, we could have signed Quinn Hughes on July first. Yeah, what in the sweet hell is taking so long?
Speaker 1: What are we doing? Honestly, you'd have to ask Quinn Hughes. He's just enjoying summer.
Speaker 7: From all accounts everything that I've heard, Yeah, he loved it here. It sounds like he wants to come back, sounds like he's probably going to be back, but for some reason, Yeah, he is just not in any hurry to sign.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Where were this rank in terms of all time? Minnesota? Out of nowhere? Devastating sports news, not death related, just like a gut punch out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: It would be cool right right up there. Oh yeah, that was tough, Edy Bridge.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for the for the wild fans, for the organization, for everybody, Yeah, it would be a it'd be a sucker punch for sure.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: What really matters, though, is this Two fishermen have been rescued if they were found after they were found floating in a cooler off the coast of Mexico. The Mexican Navy says they found the men Wednesday, about one hundred and fifty miles off the coast, where they had been floating in the Pacific Ocean and a large fishing cooler with no food or water for five days. The Navy said they were airlifted to Mexico, where they received medical attention before being reunited with their families. It's not clear how the men became stranded. A video of the rescue shows two men in a large blue box bobbing on the ocean waves as the rescue boat moves in.
Speaker 1: This is the most viral marketing for Yetti of all time. Correct Also, Wilson Man, I mean the thing kept him alive and kept him out of great.
Speaker 5: White sharks mouths for five days. Yeah, put that in a commercial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's gotta be one like the story behind that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine those two guys being like, do you have ugly coolers? Yeah? YETI dot com? That's YETI dot com. Yeti's whale. Sure they do. Both are the coolers the cups or whatever? Yeah?
Speaker 5: The mugs and the battleable snowman, Yeah, all of them, and the the Utah Mammoth, which really should have been the Utah Yeah. Yeah, although the mammoth is pretty sweet too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They're gonna be good this year, right, zacho?
Speaker 3: They were pretty good last year. Not Yetti, not Yetti in.
Speaker 1: A little bit, bal uh.
Speaker 5: The San Francisco forty nine ers took on the Chargers last night, and normally I wouldn't bring it up.
Speaker 1: Forty one to seventeen Niners win. Who cares? Right? Great game, right hawk I saw yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a little strange. Just think it's a little.
Speaker 3: Strange, little strange.
Speaker 5: We know if this is preseason game number two and Brock Purty and Justin Herbert both played now barely. I think they both played like a series because Party went four of six for twenty nine yards.
Speaker 1: Herbert was one of two for nine yards. It wasn't they both played, though? Is that weird?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: I think it's a little weird preseason game number two for one series.
Speaker 1: What's the point? I would guess? This is my guess. I have gone information? Did you just go? Yes? Away? Thank you, hogs Daddy.
Speaker 6: They are so banged up injury wise that they need Party to play with the new receiver whoever like Kittles out and maybe Mike Evans is dealing with an injury. They lost Pearce all for the year.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, so I find Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can't find Santa Claus or Satan's helper's Yeah, well no, pee Wee can leave him to them to him them. Yeah, I think that might be it, and I think Herbert played because their offense is not great and they need the practice. Mark Parrish.
Speaker 5: The San Francisco forty nine Ers open their season against the Rams Thursday, sip Tember tenth. Where the Niners open up the season Thursday, September tenth against the Los Angeles Rams where la incorrect.
Speaker 1: Tem Fan Francisco. Oh for two, I'm out of guesses. Disney World further away?
Speaker 5: You go further away than Disney World, Mexico, way further further, the moon closer. Uh? Brazil, Uh, you're cold? This is geography, howt or cold? Getting colder? Canada colder? I don't mean in terms of climate. Go to the other side. Spin the globe, Spin the globe.
Speaker 3: Australia nailed it, Constants.
Speaker 1: You nailed it. Australia did Melbourne? Can? I ask? That's awesome? Are we doing the Survivor bit again? Sure with everybody? Sure you want to gamble hogsteady? Hell yeah?
Speaker 3: What really matters though, is this actress Angela Lansbury. You know, that hot piece of a the one who.
Speaker 1: Was yeah, the All Time Smoke Show.
Speaker 3: She hopes that's her moved her entire family from California to Ireland because her daughter was starting to get involved with Charles Manson.
Speaker 7: Oh that's a smart move. That's truly murder, she hopes. Yeah, good for her.
Speaker 5: That's that's some foresight right there, to be like, look, you're hanging out with the wrong people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know what you'd love Ireland?
Speaker 1: Oh whiskey, whiskey and guinness. Yeah, that's good advice for most people.
Speaker 5: Right, less Charles Manson, more Conan O'Brien, yeah, more er less beach boys. Are you anti beach boys or just anti beach boys hanging out with Charles Manson?
Speaker 1: No, the beach boys have some slammers. Cocomo is an all time banger.
Speaker 3: That's there were some I love that songe like, uh.
Speaker 5: You know, good vibrations all Cocomo is naming all the cities. Mark Parrish just guessed that the sun Niners.
Speaker 1: Are playing and to start the season, and all the places Rosie goes after liber goes there.
Speaker 3: Coco for the beach boys, what touch of Gray was for the grateful dead? Bet he earned some real money before we die.
Speaker 1: That is a brilliant analogy. You are correct that mailbox money, though they made a ton of cash, absolutely, touch of Gray.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: More of what really matters with Mark Parrish and the rest of the Power tim Morning Show after this on the fan from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored bind Liberty Mutual Insurance Only pay for what you need. Good morning. We have no Hawk sauce and a cast of thousands like Parish, Like Parish.
Speaker 8: Yeah. November eighteenth of the twenty third at Circa Resort and Casino Live Shows Friday Night Bash Purple Football at Stadium Swim Book book with promo code Power Trip for a very special rumorate. It is dirt cheap folks. Get down there. All the details at Cafe dot com, Slash Vegas. What a weekend we have in store.
Speaker 3: It's all happening.
Speaker 1: Yes, can't wait. Yep, that's what really matters. More of what really matters. I do scores, Chris does something else? It's more important? Well, yeah, doesn't Chris always okay, yeah, thank you? But doesn't Chris always do what? Add something? More important? Thank you? More important than what I do always every single time? Making me probably you know.
Speaker 5: The links are at Washington tonight at six point thirty, All eyes on Olivia Miles according to the old Internet as of a day ago. I don't know how reliable this is, but she was listed on ESPN dot com as probable. Yeah, I saw the same, so it's hovering around probable. But I think the interesting thing is the line for the game. I think opened it minus six and a half and now there's something like three and a half point favorite. So maybe the betters are like, we're not sure she's playing. Yeah, and if she's not playing, then this game might be a little bit tighter than everybody else thinks.
Speaker 1: So the links are thirty and seven.
Speaker 5: They are the best team in the WNBA Washington twenty one and fourteen, So again the links are favored.
Speaker 1: But obviously whether or not Olivia Miles plays is a huge factor. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 3: This is fascinating. I just read this, and I've never heard this in my life, and I am telling you right now. If I have talked about this before, please don't tell me. NBC offered James Gandolfini four million dollars to play the new dunder Mifflin manager on the Office following Steve Carell's departure. HBO offered Gandalfini three million dollars to decline the role to protect his legacy, as Tony Soprano and Gandolfini took that offer.
Speaker 1: Get out of here? Are you serious that is? Is that the easiest three million dollars anyone has ever made?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's a dumb thing for HBO. In my opinion, people are allowed to play other characters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, left the guy do what he wants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it doesn't tarnish Tony Soprano.
Speaker 1: No, no, yes, what actors do. Yeah, somebody paid me money to go away. I knew they offered it to him, but I didn't. But I didn't know that was the bit. I didn't know the money exchange like that.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit like when when AMC paid Brian Cranston and not play that new role of Gallagher and that biopick. You need to be Walter White. You can't be smashing watermelons. No one's gonna buy that.
Speaker 1: I bet you would, we know. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can't believe I never went back and rewatched Breaking Bad. I know there's a lot of shows to watch, right and you feel like when you go back and watch one that you really love, that you're starting.
Speaker 1: All over time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I mean that's a top two or three or four show of all time, and to watch it once is kind of egregious, right, you know, be a fun.
Speaker 1: One to go back and binge. Sure, maybe I should have.
Speaker 5: Major surgery so I can just sit around and watch TVL Do you know anyone who has, let me think, recently or just like in your lifetime? No, not in my lifetime. I can't name one person. But recently it's even harder than yeah, Oh, can you read major surgery?
Speaker 1: Never? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do I know anybody who had to do that? I just can't drive on these two lane roads anymore.
Speaker 1: M Hey, can somebody help me? Look up what I heard overnight?
Speaker 5: You know the old Ben Mallard show, Ben Maller Ben Mallor was hinting that the hot rummer is that Jacob Elordi is going to be Bond.
Speaker 1: That makes no sense, no sense. He's Australian, is he not? Yeah? But Bond's got to be British. Yeah, well they were British. Who peers Brosnan? Sure I thought he was Irish. Oh maybe I could be wrong. I don't know, Maybe he's Irish.
Speaker 3: What's his face?
Speaker 1: Sean con is actually here, all right, So can Jacob Elordi then play a British.
Speaker 3: Carden if you will rip out this wayner would dry and dark.
Speaker 1: Good point, you guys, quickly named bonds that aren't British. Well done.
Speaker 3: He likes to try and dirty like Emperor Niro did. Don't act like you don't know.
Speaker 5: All right, Let's play a new game on the Power Trip called Sean Connery or Buffalo Bill Genus.
Speaker 1: Alright, alright, round one. That's that's Sean Connery, A great, big fat girl. That's Sean Connery and the Rock The Rock. Yeah, not in the Rock, not in He wasn't penetrating Dwayne Johnson. He was in the movie The Rock.
Speaker 3: Lost time I get to Brown.
Speaker 5: How do we feel, though, if Jacob Lordi is the pick.
Speaker 3: I can see him? Yeah? Fine, yeah, I think it's fine.
Speaker 1: Just said to look him up. I didn't know who that. Yeah, he's a big deal Frankenstein before you.
Speaker 3: He won like something for the Frankenstein roll right.
Speaker 1: I think he got nominated. I don't know if he won. I think he was up for an Academy Awards that though, but he did not win.
Speaker 3: I am a Frankers dying fire Fire exact.
Speaker 1: Don't you think he's hideous? I mean he's not hideous. I just think his face is kind of funny looking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that happens.
Speaker 5: Well, apparently it's a face that is in the conversation to be James Bond obviously.
Speaker 1: Okay, calm down, Oh buddy.
Speaker 3: He's least nine and a half from the neck down.
Speaker 1: Worthering Heights like the most horny thing of all time. What is the name of that movie? Is it Withering Heightstes? Oh? I love?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? The soft ones are even better Heights Worthering.
Speaker 1: Anyway, isn't that show really horny? Sure?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, I mean yeah, for the times, pretty horny?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a show, Moe. Did you read it?
Speaker 3: Of course? Did you master big? Yeah? It had nothing to do with the book. Listen to the Clash.
Speaker 1: You were listening to Clash? The Clash gets you horny?
Speaker 3: Sure? Rocked the Kasball, Baby Kasball is you're another reason? Do you realize that you need.
Speaker 1: Sherry?
Speaker 3: Don't like it?
Speaker 1: Brilliant? That song Whales? I told you that song makes you master me.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make me. I choose to Speaking of the Clash, Joe Strummer, the uh you know principal Guy Joe Strummer of The Clash was paid one hundred and twenty dollars, well, one hundred and twenty whatever British things are, to marry us, thank you. Was paid one hundred twenty pounds to marry a South African woman so she could obtain British citizenship. MAT's hard for me to say that British British citizenship. He used that money to buy these Finder Telecaster he used to write all those songs we know for the rest of his career. Hm. I don't care who it is, whether you just met he or not, if you marry or you got to constant meate that you know me. That's part of the bargain.
Speaker 1: Do you think you need to go down the hall and rock the cast.
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 3: I think it would calm down by the time I was fifty five. I sure did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it hasn't parish the new renovations here at iHeart Media. We have a lactation room, which Chris refers to as the milking room. And let's say he thinks it for both genders.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 3: I asked him if they put your grandstands in there, and they.
Speaker 1: Won't, didn't you get an email off that place.
Speaker 3: There's a smoking room in the memory room.
Speaker 1: Rosie asked for box seats. Yeah, oh yeahs sitting in the cheap seats.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Parish, you missed when when Chris Fherst saw he was like, room looks nice, but where's where's the reading material?
Speaker 1: Am I supposed to do this?
Speaker 3: Franqual opportunity? I need a spanking room?
Speaker 5: Okay, Jesus, well come on, we're all on the same team.
Speaker 1: That's right, Hey, Hawk, Yeah, I appreciate you yesterday when I sent out the text about the party on November seventh, that you responded, I sure did. I'm excited, man, Yeah I did not Parish, did you I thought I did? Yeah, I think you did.
Speaker 3: Here's crying, he's crying, Parish.
Speaker 5: Give me a percent chance that you go to Sauce's house on November seventh to watch college football for an extended period of time.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say about ninety percent. Ninety Yeah.
Speaker 5: Interesting is the ten percent that you don't show up because you forgot to tell Nikki so she never put it on your calendar and you slept all day.
Speaker 1: Let's make it eighty percent, Yeah, Hawk, anyone else I should invite my attorney, your turn, probably mine. I don't know what really matters is this.
Speaker 3: We've done this kind of thing before, but it does kind of sit you back in your sheet. If the entire history of Earth was condensed into twenty four hours, okay, dinosaurs would show up at about eleven pm, they'd be extinct by eleven thirty nine pm, and then humans would show up about one minute and seventeen seconds before midnight. So that's how long we've been a part of it.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: And again I know I use this exact stat yesterday, but ninety nine point nine percent of all species that have ever lived on Earth are extinct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so crazy clock's ticking on us right as Carlin once said, the uh planet'll shake us off like a bad goal.
Speaker 3: Did he ever say anything funny? Oh sure, yeah, because every quote you've ever used from him was just like, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: He doesn't do a lot of it justice, but yeah, it's funny. It is still funny. Mel No, that's Mel Gibson.
Speaker 5: Meles stand up is very offensive, Yeah, because it's it's it's the same level patred.
Speaker 1: But no punchlines.
Speaker 3: He's taking chances.
Speaker 5: And he really just targets one group couple over and over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: He seems to blame them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's pissed. The news is next, Mark Parrish is here.
Speaker 5: The room will fill up in about an hour when Brandon Maleski, Greg Sweatberg, and Tatum Everett show up. And then at eight fifteen, semi final number one of the Initials Invitational in one of you listeners gets a crack at one hundred and twenty two, five hundred dollars. Let's make today the day, shall we Yes, Let's change somebody's life today, and then they can spend all that money at the State.
Speaker 1: Their next week, all of it on cheese curds. Easily. I think they would have to buy all of.
Speaker 5: Us cheese curds if we gave him one hundred and twenty two a couple of buckets apiece.
Speaker 1: Maybe he corn sure fat No. The news next, something from the one eight hundred ask