Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 2: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 2: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 5: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this Monday, July the six. Your Los Angeles Dodgers, fifty nine and thirty two on this season, first place atop the NL West. They've got a fourteen game lead in the division going into play tonight after three straight wins over the Padres. The Dodgers lost the series finale yesterday out at Uniclo Field the Dodgers Stadium, and hopefully they come out tonight better than Team USA is done the first half trailing Belgium two to one at the break well first pitch from Dodgers Stadium, and this baseball game is coming up at seven to ten. Coming up over the next hour before first pitch, we got a lot to get to. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. Coming up in about twenty minutes, we'll preview this pitching matchup David vat Sego's one on one with the starting third baseman for the National League in the upcoming All Star Game, that is Max Monty. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Kirston Watson will stop by from sports Net LA and in just a few minutes we will check in with Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday out at the Galloping Ford broadcast. Both will Yesterday Dodgers were going for the sweep of San Diego. IMiD Sheen was on the mound. He pitched well, pitched into the fifth in officially four and a third one run on three hits while striking out five. The Dodgers, meanwhile, just could not figure out left hander JP Sears five shutout innings. He struck out five along the way David which is one hit. The Padres meanwhile took the lead in the fourth on a Meryl RBIs single, Then an RBI infield single from Fernando Tatis Junior in the seventh made it a two to nothing lead as Kyle Hurt was on a relieve and then Manny Machado put the.
Speaker 3: Hurt on Kyle on two Machado, itit's a fly ball to straightaway center field. He's posing in the box at the wall pods. It is gone, a three run homer on an O two pitch, and the Padres are punishing Kyle Hurt. San Diego is giving it so some breathing room here in the seventh it's now five to nothing.
Speaker 2: Manny Matchatto with his eighteenth home run of the year, a three run shot as the Padres busted it open with a four run seventh inning. They let the Dodgers five to nothing going to the bottom half of the seventh inning with the Dodgers mounted a little bit of a comeback, and it started with Alex freelan the two old and Freeland cracks up. They sit in the left center field.
Speaker 3: Bernandez is gonna be waved home and the Dodgers at last for on the board. Alex Freeland looks to the sky after rounding first base.
Speaker 1: And it's now five to one.
Speaker 2: Alex Freeland with the RBI single scoring ta Oscar Hernandez. That is the top tier Play of the Game brought to you by Arco Quality Topsier gash for last two batters. Later show Hey Otani with an RBI single the center that scored tiled Kyle Tucker and the Dodgers found themselves down five to two. Unfortunately, that's as close as they would get, as the Dodgers come up empty in the eighth and in the ninth. Padres beat the Dodgers yesterday in the series finale five to two. JP Sears gets the win just as second of the year Mason Miller picked up to save his twenty second of the year image she and again pitched well into the fifth inning, struck out five lots just the one earned run. He takes the loss. He falls to four and six on this season. The Dodgers bullpen just did not help him out. He had Jack Dryer pitch well, but Kyle Hurt got roughed up for four runs, all of them which were earned on three hits, including a walkie hip the three run home runs. Things were just not clicking for Kyle Hurt yesterday as the Dodgers lose the series finale. Good news is they win three to four against San Diego at fifty nine to thirty two, still the best record in baseball, still a fourteen game lead over the Padres and the Diamondbacks as they go into play tonight, and now the Dodgers have to turn the page. Padres are gone one. Welcome in the Colorado Rockies for the beginning of a three game series. And with more, let's head out to the Galloping four broadcast booth as we say hello to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Guys, All right, tim, we get ready for the ninety second game of the season. Dodgers enter play, of course, with the best record in baseball at fifty nine and thirty two. They were the first team to win fifty games. A win tonight, they'll be the first to reach sixty against the Colorado Rockies team young thirty seven and fifty four, but a five hundred team seventeen and seventeen over the last thirty four games.
Speaker 7: And they're showing some signs of life.
Speaker 8: Yeah they are. And they're coming in full of confidence right now, and for good reason. They've won four of their last five. That was against the Marlins and the Giants. And in those games, not only did they hit ten home runs in those five games combined. But they're averaging over nine runs. So they're offense right now. They feel as running on all cylinders.
Speaker 6: In fact, since the end of May, they're averaging a league high six point twenty nine runs per game. They're no pushover, No, they're not.
Speaker 2: That's the good news.
Speaker 8: The bad news is they give up a lot of runs, and you start to look at the overall their team ERA, it's the highest in Major League Baseball. They're starting pitcher era the highest in Major League Baseball. Their bullpen is well, there's only four teams in baseball that have a higher ERA on that. So while they're scorings of runs, they're also watching a large number of runs score against them.
Speaker 7: Kyle free comes in.
Speaker 6: We remember his opening day working in He's thirty three years old. Now it's hard to believe, and he was a big homegrown star. But this year Freeland was going against Eric Lauer tonight, battle of lefties. Freeland comes in with a seven and a quarter er, which is the worst in baseball.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the Dodgers have to rely upon what they have done in the past against him. You think of Shoeo Tani to begin with, He's said five thirty eight limited number of advanced yes thirteen, but he has seven hits in that period of time and two of those had been home run. Sat of the ballpark god Whos have taken care of business within the division. They're twenty and eleven and overall, if you look at the Dodger Baum club, there's a reason they have fourteen game lead in front of both Arizona and San Diego. They've won ten to thirteen and fourteen of the last nineteen games they played, and Eric.
Speaker 6: Lawer has been terrific since being elevated to starting Not.
Speaker 8: A bad stopgap teither, because that's exactly what they we're looking for. When you know, he was dfaight by the Toronto Blue Jays, and oddly enough he made his Dodger debut against the Colorado Rockies and pitch very well in that outing.
Speaker 6: Dodgers have won each of his last six appearances. He's three and oh and a two eighty eight over that period of time. We'll talk about the pitching matchup a little later and a little more detailed.
Speaker 2: Tim All right, thank you, Charlie. We're off and running here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck coming up as we caull you down the first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor or to your Shaky's Pizza Chackin and Mojo's right now at shakys dot com. You're gonna hear from the match to Dave Roberts coming up at about ten minutes, we'll get you the latest injury update. We'll check in with David Bassa of course throughout the hour, he'll go one on a one with Max Munsey, Dodger All Star third baseman. We'll break this pitching matchup down Up. Next, you're Tani Rewine and we'll visit with Kirson Watson from Sportsnet LA. That's all coming up as we lead job to Dodgers and Rockies on Freddie Freeman Bobblehead Night. First pitch coming up in seven ten. Next you meet with us. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your.
Speaker 1: Home for LA. Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: HiT's the Dodgers and the Rockies on this Monday nine. Eric Laer, Kyle frielan the pitch you match up. First pitch coming up at seventeen.
Speaker 5: This is the Otani rewide full count runners goal.
Speaker 3: The payoff pitch is sending the left center field down for a hit. Tucker scores and the Dodgers are within pree don't have the time run coming to the plate with Andy Potters five due, you know they're not done yet.
Speaker 2: Show Hey Otani with the RBI single in the seventh inning on his thirty second birthday. Congratulations to show Hey O'tani for doing that on base twice, including a walk. Unfortunately, the Dodgers fell to the Padres on Sunday Night Baseball five to two.
Speaker 5: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirson now joins us from the ravine brought to my cars for kids. It's the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today, your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now that cars four kids dot org All right, the big day for the Dodgers' bullpen Kirson is we got Evan Phillips back for the first time and over a year.
Speaker 9: Yes, it has been a good amount of time. As Evan Phillips was down, he was having he had Tommy John surgery on that elbow. So he comes back today, he's been activated.
Speaker 1: That means that Paul Gervais was optioned.
Speaker 9: But with this activation, you know, you have another guy who can serve as a closer while Edwin Diaz is down. Dave Roberts has talked so much about just what Evan Phillips has brought to this organization, the role that he has stepped in essentially at one point being this team's closer, even though it wasn't officially defined as a closer, but being in the highest of leverage situations. So you now have someone that you can help support with Tanner. Scott Tanner has been excellent this year and Edmund Diaz is making he's working his way back. He's gonna have a few more live bullpens before he goes on a rehab assignment. So it's just more reinforcements in the bullpen right now and it allows for you know, you not have a guy has a fresh arm. And even Evan, when he spoke with us this afternoon, said he's feeling pretty He's almost back to that.
Speaker 2: Guy we felt in regard to just pre surgery.
Speaker 9: So he feels really good. He was able to kind of hit every single check mark or every check box when it comes to you know, his build up and getting ready. So he's excited to be back, he admitted a little nervous, but definitely excited and looking forward to hopefully getting out there as soon as possible.
Speaker 2: Looking at the lineup tonight and the series opener against the Rockies, no Tommy Edmond again.
Speaker 9: No Tommy Emdence. This is not two games in a row. And you know he did see him come off the bench late to pinch hit, but he did not play the field. And on Saturday, when the Dodgers are facing the padres Mason Miller on the pound. You know that he is a flamethrower essentially, so he he unfortunately hit Tommy with a pitch on his ankle, and we know Tommy's the ankle is a tough spot for him. He's obviously coming off of having surgery. He was on the il for a long time with that recovery. So it was pretty noticeable that after the game on Saturday he was walking pretty gingerly leather in the clubhouse, had a slight limb, had some treatment, so was not in the lineup yesterday did come in and pinch Hint as I mentioned, but did not play the field. Dave Roberts said that, you know, they feel comfortable with a similar dynamic tonight. If he had to come in pinch hint, that's fine. If he had to play the field, they would feel more comfortable with that because he is feeling better today. But ultimately they would like to give him this day off as well, and then the hope is that he could be back in the lineup tomorrow. So he is starting to feel better, which is a really great sign for him.
Speaker 2: That is a great sign. I hopeing the Dodgers get back on track with this series opener with the Rockies in town tonight. Churrison, we appreciate. We'll check in with you after the game. Still to come here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup David vat Sago's one on one with the Max Muncie All Star third Basement for the National League. But up next an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself. Dave robers lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Monday night first pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kas' is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deap on your Home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on decontinues as it leads out to first pitch. It's the Dodgers and the Rockies Marongo Casino Resort and Spy a grand Slam for good times. Eric Lauer on the mound. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Here is it of my UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tommy Emmon not intill you line up again after getting hit by a pitch on the foot two nights ago show, Hey O Tani filling better with the bicep Titaness. He is back in as a designated editor for the second straight day. Blake trying it on the IL. Will Smith on the IL More on Blake Snell and how he's progressing coming back from elbow surgery. Edwin Diaz his David A. Vassie report yesterday, threw off the mountain in full uniform, ready to go for the Dodgers. Is he is getting his way back to be back on the mound after the All Star break. And the good news is Evan Phillips activated today for the first time since pitching in May of last year, recovering from Tommy John surgery. All right, let's go back down to the ravine and check out the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 10: Anything answer.
Speaker 7: Questions for Dave, Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 7: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: I think that we've all been waiting and took our time with Evan getting back, so looking forward to getting you know, him back active, and I know he's thrilled. So yeah, so I think that we've you know, got better today. And you know the question is you know what role? You know, I'll use Evan, but we'll just kind of see how the game goes and see the leverage. But you know, he's pitching big ball games for us, but we'll probably start a little bit slower when you Ki's.
Speaker 9: Just kind of nothing him got to ni Stud's right, you know, while he's in pitching, just puts it like when you're going to add just to be more reinforcements to the high leverage.
Speaker 11: Roles in your role. Yeah, it just allows for us to distribute distribute the workload better, more evenly, and you know, nothing against some other guys that are there for the low leverage where now you know, it's just the floor is raised with a lot of guys that you trust, believes in particular.
Speaker 4: Bits and limn kind of trying to feel for like who you can sort of trust in certain.
Speaker 7: Spots or of course those year.
Speaker 11: I think that it's it's more. Yeah, I think that's fair. But you see what Edgardo's done, you know, recently he's done. He's done great things. And obviously, you know, losing Blake, who's a guy that I trusted, you know, gives other guys opportunities. So yeah, I mean, I thin think that he's doing a nice job. And then obviously you get Evan back to go along with some other right handers that we've got. So it's always you know, trying to stay in the trust tree, and you do that by by performing.
Speaker 4: If you mentioned you might start him out with some lower leverage spots where there'll be any restrictions on him.
Speaker 11: This first dat uh No, no restrictions outside of just normal workload. He's done the back to back. I think he's done it updown, but I probably won't do that for a while. Uh and then obviously and within one inning, you know, just kind of managing how many pitches.
Speaker 10: He throws, mister memo, what's the corresponding?
Speaker 11: Miss Gervase?
Speaker 2: Feeling well enough to say the feeling.
Speaker 10: If you're needing to.
Speaker 11: He wasn't yesterday. Today. There's still some soreness, so I'm going to give him another day. The hope is that he's in there tomorrow as a full time player. Could he play in a pinch defensively, yes, and he can be available off the bench.
Speaker 7: An he updates on snow or glassnow or anything here.
Speaker 11: Snow feels good, came out of his his session. He should throw another one this weekend alive. I think that's what I understand. I think it's either live or a bullpen this weekend. And Diaz came out well, and he should be doing a live here on Wednesday. I think. So they're both doing great. Tyler has just continued his progression, but really nothing more than kind of playing catch right now as far as just lengthing out the distance.
Speaker 2: Though, all right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts with an updated is we continue here on Wrongo because you know Dodgers on deck. We will check out with David Vase as we leads up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Rockies from you to glow Field, the Dodger Stadium. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Hower.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on tech on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rockies on this Monday night. Eric Lawer Kyle Freeland pitching match up Dodgers Baseball, brought to by al Pto, born in La and made for your game day. Alpato brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your plate. El Pato, Gormee and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim cats on Dodgers on deech.
Speaker 7: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV we see Evan Films activated back in the bullpen for the Dodgers. That's a great sight to see what's the latest on another Dodger arm, Blake Snell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Edwin Diaz threw the hitters yesterday, Tim so did Blake Snell. It was he didn't throw the hitters, He just got off the mound here on the main field instead of throwing his bullpen session out there the Dodger bullpen. He is scheduled to throw the hitters for the first time since undergoing that nanoscope procedure. He is going to throw the hitters this Saturday, and Dave Roberts said he will do that twice before going out on a rehab stint. And look, the target date seems to be the end of July beginning of August for Blake Snell. And Snell was telling me earlier today, the spin that he's getting on his fastball, his change up, his curveball, the velocity and his fastball is the best it's been in two years. So obviously, those loose bodies in his left elbow were definitely causing him from not having full range of motion to be able to finish his pitches. And he's really encouraged about the version. Dodger fans, we'll see when he takes the mound for good this season.
Speaker 2: That is good news, David, is brought to you by a Ford summer sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for their best offers of the year. For the Official of Major League Baseball Show, Aotani scheduled to make one more start, David before the All Star break. Did the Dodgers let him pitch? Will he make that start?
Speaker 4: That's still in question, Dave Roberts said yesterday. The Dodgers don't have to make that decision today or tomorrow. But Otani was out here earlier today, long tossing, going through his normal between starts routine under the watchful eye as always of dodgerhead trainer Thomas Albert.
Speaker 7: But right now he's the slated starter.
Speaker 2: Some connections in this series with the Rockies in town the next three days, David.
Speaker 4: I know we've talked about this before. Ten Kyle Carros the third basement for the Rockies. His first two big league home runs were against the Dodgers and against the same pitcher, Emmitt Sheehan, but he's been able to do some damage against other teams. When the Dodgers last saw the Rockies, Caros was cool like the weather. But as the summer has heated, things up, so has the on Karos. He's sitting close to four hundred over the last month, so he's feeling good. And certainly the Rockies are playing a little bit better. In the context of the Rockies, they're seventeen and seventeen coming into Dodger Stadium here, so they got a catcher that's an All Star Hunter Goodman.
Speaker 7: But Kyle Carros who I guess.
Speaker 4: Is somewhat of a Dodger killer free home run seven RBIs in less than a year against them.
Speaker 7: He's swinging the bat really well these days.
Speaker 2: Eric Lawer gets the start tonight, David, and he has been everything and more that the Dodgers could have hoped for since getting in from the Blue Jays because they needed another arm in this rotation. As we start to see guys get healthy post All Star break here, where does Eric Lauer fit into this equation?
Speaker 4: You think, Yeah, it was interesting that Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic included Lower's name. As we get closer to the trade deadline, which is on August third, and right around that time, Blake Snell should be back or getting close to being back, and if everybodybody else is healthy, Lower may be the odd man out and the Dodgers basically got Lower for nothing from the blue Jayson turned him into a very good starting pitcher that's attractive to other teams who are not as rich in pitching as the Dodgers are. So there is that potential instead of moving Lower to the bullpen, that the Dodgers can flip Lower for some prospect capital in the minor leagues. Because the Dodgers draft so low, because they don't have a lot of international spending because of them going so far over the luxury tax, they can use a guy like Lower at the trade deadline to help in those areas that they're not able to really participate as much as other teams that are not as.
Speaker 7: High above the luxury tax.
Speaker 4: So Lower definitely is in play if the other teams want to pay the price.
Speaker 2: We shall see what happens at the deadline. David Great Stubble, check back in with you in just a couple of minutes. Still, they come here on Wrongo because you know Dodgers on deck, You're gonna hear Max Mounsey. I'll get your Dodgers magical moment though, when we return, leading you up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Monday. I'm Tim Katsis is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies on this Monday Night's First Bitch coming up at seven to ten. Dodgers Baseball is perresented by Disney and the all new action movie mo Wana. This summer, Mowanna and the legendary Maui, along with Pooh and Hey Hey set sail on the adventure of a lifetime. See it on the biggest screen possible. Disney's live action mo Wanna only in theaters this Friday.
Speaker 7: Who Wants.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy.
Speaker 5: Magical Moment Ditch Magical Magic Precession by Holby hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, they go back eighty four years to the All Star Game at the Old Poll Grounds, the nineteen forty two All Star Game, but in the National League and the American League, and Mickey Owen had a big game.
Speaker 8: Al Benton is all set again.
Speaker 7: Here's the next one to all and Owen swings.
Speaker 12: There's a high fly ball going to toward right field.
Speaker 7: That may be a home run.
Speaker 13: Mid few play home run for the fall where you.
Speaker 12: Are players, there's a home run for Lecky owing into the right field stands. Yes, sir, this National League team is still battling here in New York in this All Star Game. It's three to one now in favor of the American League.
Speaker 2: Mickey Owen hit a home run in the bottom half of the eighth INNY and for the National League. Unfortunately, the American League in spot Chandler too much for the National League and a three one American League event win. Back on July sixth, nineteen forty two at the Old Polo Grounds in Manhattan, New York. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dog, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we come back here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with Rick Monday and David Vasse. So lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim Katis's back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rockies on this Monday night. Eric Lauer, Kyle Freeland, the pitching matchup time now for the Verazon startup is. We are thirty four minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Variason, you can lock in that low prize for three years so you can save big visit You're so Calverizon store.
Speaker 5: Today and now joined by David Basse. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Rick, I got bad news.
Speaker 4: I wasn't warming up Key k Hernandez earlier today. Uh.
Speaker 8: You know that's good news for all of us, for those that had missed it and maybe have not been on social media.
Speaker 7: There is a recording a video.
Speaker 8: If you will, And I'm proud to saying I shot it because our own David Vase was playing ketch with Kicky Hernandez a little bit well about twenty six hours ago, and I asked you, David Basse, if you iced down after the game was over.
Speaker 7: I did not Rick the arms feeling great ready to go today?
Speaker 8: Oh well, your arm didn't look like it felt great when you were playing ketch.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: I just was trying to make sure I didn't let the ball that Kik was throwing hit anybody else.
Speaker 8: You just did not want to show up. Take a Hernandez, who, by the way, is getting closer and closer to be an activator.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Andrew Friedman was right there, Rick, I didn't want a Wally pip t k Hernandez.
Speaker 8: Yeah. By the way, you're not on the draft list.
Speaker 4: I thought you had. You had the best line yesterday. I needed a cutoff man and you needed.
Speaker 8: A cutoff man to play catch, and you guys were less than what seventy five feet from one anotherm Diver take diver take Rick. Okay, let me ask you if you recognize this name. And I doubt if there's anybody out there that recognizes it. I didn't until I read it this morning.
Speaker 7: Arch Ward, is that doing.
Speaker 2: The bell at all?
Speaker 7: Not at all? Well?
Speaker 8: I say that because recently we've heard about all the Dodgers that have been now selected for the Nation League All Star Team that Dave Roberts is going to manage correct well. Arch Ward was responsible for the first ever All Star Game, which by the way, took place on this date nineteen thirty three, was organized by Archward, who was the sports editor at the Chicago Tribune to coincide with Chicago's World Fair, played a Chemiski Park in front of forty seven thousand plus and Babe Ruth did a third inning to run home run. So that was the first All Star Game. American League defeated the Senior Circuit four to two. But arch Ward was the one that put that whole thing together, and boy, has it ever blossom. Can you imagine if you could have told arch Ward, first of all, I have to explain television and social media in all of that area, but you talked about something that's just really mushroomed and get the coverage. It's really incredible.
Speaker 4: You have to imagine back then that might have been a showcase, another opportunity to showcase Babe Ruth in that situation.
Speaker 8: Yeah, obviously, you know a long time ago. But in fact, nineteen thirty three, there's actually a copy of the game ticket and ticket number six hundred and thirty nine is displayed.
Speaker 4: Hey Rick, speaking of the All Star Game, it's gone from where it was in nineteen thirty three to where it's at right now in twenty twenty six, and some players treated the All Star Game more of like an obligation than reward. But Freddie Freeman, we talked to him yesterday, still treats the All Star Game the way so many of your peers.
Speaker 7: Used to treat the All Star Game.
Speaker 8: I think of a different word. I think of privilege. Privileged enough to be with the best in the business. And that's a big, big deal. And the Dodgers may have yet another addition to the.
Speaker 7: All Star Game.
Speaker 8: What is disappointing is if there are sometimes you have to have a representative from at least one from each team, and you know, I found myself on the outside looking into and it's like, well, what the heck did you have to do to make it? But I was, you know, in the two that I was in both American and the National League, And at the time, I think I was like the eleventh one that had gone back and forth, because you know, years and years ago, you did not move from one league to the other that often. And to be part of that is really something I always felt privileged and honored if you happen to be named, because I remember my very first one is a walking into the locker room and having Mickey Mantle, Mickey Mantle come up and say hello, Rick, I mean to me, that was worth the entire trip right there.
Speaker 7: That's your idol.
Speaker 8: Yeah, even though I despised the Yankees growing up here in southern California because they were always on that Saturday that Saturday morning, the games start at ten am West Coast time, and it seemed to be the Yankees every stinking weekend when you have a chance to do it. So I did not like the Yankees. The players I saw except for Mickey Mantle, and I thought he was marvelous and it'd be on an All Star team with him too, and being able to talk to him. You go full circles that there's not too many times, David that you're actually able to live a childhood dream.
Speaker 4: We're still living it today, Ray, So your arm. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Rick, send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 11: Tip.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks a lot, DV.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball's presented by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com, slash us still to commy here on wronggo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll get you a previous pitching matchup. Rick and Charlie will have the keys to the game. But up next, so we go high and tight with Max Muncy starting third basement for the National League at the All Star Game. To lead you up to first pitch on this Monday night, I'm Tim Kason, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, yes, it is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Leading up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Monday night, Eric Lauer and Kyle frielan the pitching matchup game one of his three game set against Colorado. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 5: And now what will likely be vass A fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high and tight.
Speaker 4: Ron Say was the last starting third baseman for the National League back in nineteen seventy seven. That distinction now goes to Max Muncie, who will be starting for the National League in Philadelphia next week. Max congratulations on your third All Star Game, but especially being named by the fans to be the starter.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's a special one.
Speaker 14: You know, just getting the recognition from from the fans out there, and you know, obviously I can't thank the fans enough. You know, this one really does mean the world to me. Just to be able to celebrate it with my family and my kids, who you know, they weren't there for my previous two, and then just to be able to get back to the form that you know, I felt like I should be playing at all these years.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this one's special.
Speaker 4: It's got to be gratifying with all the work that you put in during the offseason that the fans recognize the production that it translated into.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, And you know it's just you know, you show up every single day trying to help the team win.
Speaker 10: You don't really care about yourself. But to get a little recognition.
Speaker 14: From the fans for them to say, hey, you are playing really well. Uh, it's just a really cool thing. It's a really cool moment and it definitely means a lot to me.
Speaker 4: I know You've had a lot of pinch me moments in your Dodger career, but is this one of them, not just being named a starter, but at the position that you'll be starting at third base.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, I think it definitely is.
Speaker 14: You know, I don't know that I ever truly felt that third base would become a spot that I could be an All Star at. You know, you look around the league and there's just there's a lot of really good third basement out there, and you know, it's a position that I really didn't know and I didn't know how to play, but I showed up every single day, tried to put in the work, and you know, I feel like I'm finally becoming the defensive player that I always felt I could be. And it's been It's been a lot of fun, and you know, just again to get that that recognition, it really really does mean a lot. I can't put enough into you know, I can't say enough about how much it means to me.
Speaker 7: Max.
Speaker 4: A lot of times when players invest a lot on the defensive side, it takes away from offense. How have you been able to balance both to become an All Star?
Speaker 14: Well, the biggest thing was learning in my routines, especially on defense, just trying to get the knowledge know what I need to do and you know, after years of putting in hours upon hours every single day, I finally got to a point where I felt like I found the right routine for me.
Speaker 10: And then it's just honing that in on a daily basis.
Speaker 14: And you know, that's that's the routines that you're seeing me out here doing every single day along with you know, Freddie and Miggie and everyone has their own routine and it just takes time to figure out exactly which one's.
Speaker 10: Working for you. And and it just took me years to figure that out.
Speaker 4: A lot of young players they say that to be successful in the big leagues, you've got to find a routine.
Speaker 7: At this stage of your career.
Speaker 4: Is it interesting that you still have a routine and you still have.
Speaker 7: To maintain and you know, be religious to it.
Speaker 14: I don't think you ever lose a routine, doesn't matter what part of your career. And for me, it's not it's not a shock at all, because, like I said, I've just every single year, I feel like I'm continuing to learn the position of third base. And you know, maybe it'd be different if it was a position that I'd played my entire life. And I felt like I knew it already, but I'm still learning it. And even now I'm still learning how to play it. And there's little.
Speaker 10: Things I pick up on almost every single day.
Speaker 14: About how I feel like I can be playing it better just from you know, watching my teammates, watching the other team, watching games on TV, and you're kind of just studying baseball, and you know, for me, I've always tried to study what the best third baseman do and try to implement implement that into my game and figure out how that works for me.
Speaker 7: Every year is unique.
Speaker 4: We all understand that you guys have a large lead in the NLST as we get closer to the All Star break. You've been part of Dodger teams where you had big leads in the second half of the season. What do you what have you learned from that and the experience of winning back to back championships with this big of a lead, What do you guys have to continue to do to not be able to let down?
Speaker 14: You know, I think this group is a little bit different just the amount of experience we have, you know, on the team, and in the past we had been as bought into just taking it day by day as we are now. And part of that is just understanding what the end goal is for us. And the only way you get there is you you you show up every day and you you do what you have to do for that day. You can't worry about anything else that's going on. You can't worry about tomorrow or next week or the week after that. You have you know, tonight, we have Kyle Freeland, Uh, the Rockies. How are we gonna win this game? And then when we show up tomorrow, we'll worry about tomorrow's picture.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 14: And that's that's just how we've been taking it every single day. And that's that's really what's helped us win two World Series back to back. Is you know, even in the postseason, it doesn't matter if you won the night before. You got to show up the next day and you play that game.
Speaker 4: Will that be the challenge in the second half for you guys to stay in the moment.
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean obviously that's that's kind of always a challenge. But uh, you know, I think for us, like I said, having the experience that's been uh, that's been helping us a bunch.
Speaker 4: You don't have to worry about me, Moncie. I won't let down in the second half either.
Speaker 10: I don't think I was ever worried about you.
Speaker 7: Thank you. Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 4: Great to see you be recognized for all the hard work you've put in. You are one of the best players in Major League Baseball and you're a three time World Series champion, one of the most clutch hitters in modern Dodger history. So congratulations, enjoy Philadelphia and we'll see you in the second half of the season.
Speaker 10: Appreciate David. I'm definitely gonna enjoy it. I know my kids are too.
Speaker 4: All right, part of the Munsie family, am I plus two? All right, Max Mons you will receive a gift card to Capitol Grill. A Monsey loves Capitol Grill and Burbank and upscale relaxed spot with a great bar, great stakes, and who knows, maybe an extra chair for David Bassey.
Speaker 7: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV. Max Mounsey certainly deserving of another All Star bit, in this time starting for the National League. As we lead you up for the first pitch, Dodgers and Rockies. When we return, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim can since the back to back role Serious Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Huntings on your.
Speaker 1: Home for La Dodgers Baseball hits.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers and Rockies on this Monday night. First pitch from Unicolo Field, the Dodger Stadium was coming up at seven ten and.
Speaker 5: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups brought to.
Speaker 2: You buy your Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Kyle frielan on the Mountain, thirty three year old veteran left hander, tenth season and the big leagues, all with the Rockies up and down season. Good start in May own four with an ERA of twelve forty five, though after that bounce back, four of his next five outings have been pretty good, pitching into the six hitting last time out five innings, two runs, six hits, seven strikeouts in a win over the Marlins. He has one winning decision away from Tyan to Herman Marquez for the third most wins in franchise history, and his last start again pitched well against Miami Eric Lauer the veteran left hander well Go for the Dodgers four and five with the four eighty four ERA. The thirty one year old in his eighth season, now making his sixth start, seventh appearance with the Dodgers. Last time out six Indians, three runs, nine hits, two strikeouts in a win over the Athletics. Talk about a turnaround. He has three to zero with the two to eighty eight RRA since coming over to the Dodgers in a trade back on May seventeenth. He started the season with Toronto. He was one in five with his six to sixty nine ERA in eight games. Remember last year he had a really good season. Early struggles this year, but has turned around with the Dodgers. Fourteen starts against the Rockies in his career six thirty eight ERA with forty eight strikeouts. He saw him already this year back on May twenty six, six strong innings allowing just one run on four hits, Eric Lower Kyle Frieland, Dodgers and Rockies were fifteen minutes away for first pitch keys to the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio doubles.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue All Season Low.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rockies on this Monday night. Eric Lower, Kyle Freelan the pitching matchup. Hopefully this game goes better than it did for Team USA, who has just been beaten by Belgium. It is a final from Seattle. Belgium wins at four to one over the United States as they are knocked out in the round of sixteen of the twenty twenty six FIFA World Cup. Belgium moves on to take on Spain in the quarterfinals on Friday here in Los Angeles. So USA done in the World Cup. As we get you ready for some baseball the start of the game with the SUPPORTO start Great Moments. Start with Sapporo beer whatever your taste preference. So Portal has you cover with the variday of crisp and refreshing loggers including light and non alcoholic beer SUPPORTO good with sushi, Great with baseball. Back out to the booth, Charlie Rick, guys.
Speaker 6: The final six games before the All Star Break, the first of three with the Rockies and three more with Arizona, and then the break and tonight one of the pleasant surprises of the Dodgers is here.
Speaker 7: Eric Lauer is gonna make the.
Speaker 6: Start overall four and five at a four eighty four, but since coming to the Dodgers, Lower is three and aller on a two eighty eight era. He's going against Kyle Freeland.
Speaker 8: Termly, we talked so many times about starting pitching. Their job is to give their ball club a chance to win a ball game. That's exactly what Lower has done. In fact, you look at Lower, he was the stopgap acquisition with some injuries in the starting rotation is Dodger ball club, but he's done more than just be a stopgap. Made his Dodger debut against these Rockies, and you know, you start to look at that game itself. He allowed just one run, six innings of work and four hints. One of those hits, by the way, Hunter Goodman hit one out of the ballpark, and Goodwin, by the way, loves to feast on fastballs.
Speaker 7: And that he has.
Speaker 6: He's had twenty seven home runs this year. That's the good news. He's been struck out one hundred and fourteen. Kyle Freeland comes in and boy has.
Speaker 7: He struggled this year.
Speaker 8: So he has and on Wednesday against the Marlin, has picked up his first victory since the seventh of April. Allowed just two runs six since went five innings. The previous eleven starts he was zero to six with an ERA of eight ninety five. So he's got a long career against the Dodgers. They've seen him twenty seven other games. He's five and thirteen career against them. Rockies and Dodgers. The first of three on a gorgeous.
Speaker 6: Monday night, the fourth of jaw High holiday is coming gone, and now the Dodgers ready to play, heading toward the All Star break, lining up to the first pitch coming up?
Speaker 2: All right, thank you guys. When we continue here, it'll be first pitch from the ravine and join everybody, Dodgers and Rockies, the first of three. I'm Tim kateson. This has been wrong with casino Dodgers on deck. I'll your back to back will series champion Dodgers. All you a network