Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses, the only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they print money. The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 3: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, and good morning. Welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Wednesday, August the fifth, twenty twenty six. As your Dodgers are first place atop the NL West. However, the Boys in Blue have lost five in a row. They're longest losing streak of the season, Dodgers said. At sixty nine and forty five on this season, first place atop the NL West, their lead is nine games over the Erason the Dime Backs. The Dodgers looking to salvage this series in Chicago. In the final game of this three game set from Wrigley Field, Eric Lower on the mound, the left hander will go first pitch, coming up at eleven twenty between then and now, we got a lot to get to. Here on Morago Casino, Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts will preview this pitching matchup. David Vase is gonna go one on one with Terrek Schoolball. Yes, the newest Dodger left hander will be joining dv coming up at about fifty minutes. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Galloping four broadcast booth. And here from Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday. Well, last night the Dodger debut of school Ball. Unfortunately not much run support. It is the Dodgers lost again. Trek Scooble on the mound for the first time since coming over from Detroit the deadline. The left hander was solid, a quality outing six innings. He would go the Dodgers offense. Oh, there was a little bit last night. They gave scoobl to early lead. Kyle Tucker, the former Cub boot every time he came to the play so far in this series, he said boot this to.
Speaker 2: One pitch, Tucker slings hits a high drive the left center field.
Speaker 4: Caring this ball headed back, it is gone and up.
Speaker 6: As the field home run Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 2: He comes back to Wrigley Field and picks up his tenth pome run of the season, getting the Dodgers on the board, and it.
Speaker 4: Is won to nothing.
Speaker 5: How about that tenth home run of the season for Kyle Tucker. That was a solo shot in the top half of the second inding. However, the Cubbies, like they have done in the first game of this series and did it again last night, answered back in the bottom of the third Swanson Dansby Swanson a home run to left center field off of Trek Schooble, and that tied the game at one. Scooble would pitch really well for five plus innings. They got to the sixth last night when the Dodgers left tender got a little unlucky. A one out walk, then Bregman a one out double put runners on second and third. Michael Bush grinded into a fielder's choice, so runners on first and third with two outs for Nico Horner.
Speaker 2: So be the eightieth pitch of the night for scoobl his one one to Horner swings HiT's a high chopper over the mind.
Speaker 4: It could be trouble. It's gonna be a base hit.
Speaker 2: Coming in to score is pregnant and the Cubs lead at two to one.
Speaker 1: On the ball.
Speaker 4: It hit off the front edge at home plate and acted like a fly ball.
Speaker 5: Oh the old Baltimore chop. That thing just hung up in the air. Tommy Edmund could not make a play. Run came across the score and the Cubbies had a two to one lead.
Speaker 3: But still the.
Speaker 5: Dodgers, right there, right, where's the offense only had four hits the entire game. One of them was the Kyle Tucker home run way back in the second inning. Meanwhile, the Dodgers' bullpen came in and gave up more runs two in the seventh Alex Vesia credited for giving up both of those. Pete Crow, Armstrong and RBI singles Suzuki and single to center, and just like that, the Cubbies had a four to one lead. Then in the eighth inning, Nico Horner, who hit the Baltimore chopping the six, came back in the eighth with a solo home run to left center field as the Cubbies extended their lead to five to one, and they would go on and win by that final score as Trek Scouogle gets headed the loss, his first as a Dodger. Despite going six innings, allowing two runs on four hits, he struck out six. He gave up that home run through eighty five pitches. He's now seven to six on this season. The Dodgers offense again last night, just four hits in the entire game. What has happened to this Dodgers lineup, especially since the All Star Break? With this Dodgers team as a five hundred team and he pot has zero for four last night. Max Muntsey was oh for three with a couple of strikeouts. Freddie Freeman extended his hitting streaking out of fourteen straight games. Kyle Tucker had two of the Dodgers four hits, but Mookie Bets's struggles they're real. Oh for three again last night. He's now hitting two twenty three on the season. Ta Oscar hernandez An Oh for Night, Tommy Edmond and oh Fornight. The Dodgers offense just disappeared last night and has been non existent in the last five games, and thus the Dodgers had their longest losing streak of this season at five games. Now they've already lost the series at wrig Lee Field, and now they're looking just as salvage this series, but avoiding a sweep as they go in the finale today from Wriggley Field. Eric Lauer on the mound, trying to snap the losing streak, first pitch at eleven twenty with more, let's head out to the Gallop and four broadcast booth, so we say good morning to Tim Neffett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thank you very much. It is an overcast day right now. Supposed to clear up a little bit some rain dew in the Chicago area later today, but it shouldn't affect the ball game as the Dodgers and Cubs get set for Game three of this three game set and the Dodgers trying to solve a game here. Eric Lauer six and five and a four to fifty ERA, facing left hander Showta Imanaga. Imanaga seven and nine for the Cubs. Three sixty seven is his earned run average. Cubs are sixty five and forty nine, the Dodgers sixty nine and forty five. That seventieth win has been elusive. In fact, Milwaukee picked up the seventieth last night, becoming the first team to get to seventy. The Dodgers have had five straight chances to do it. They have lost a season high five in a row. And Moa is a player. When the team gets in these kind of slumps, how do you get out of them?
Speaker 6: Well, weather's coming into Chicago. The Dodgers could use some lightning right now from an offensive standpoint, because the numbers aren't with the numbers are now losing five in a row, how about seven of nine, twelve of twenty and the fact, talking about offense or lack thereof, just one run has been scored in the last twelve and a third innings. They're not helping themselves. Also by the bats that they're having. They hit into two double plays, yes Dad, three in the first two games. And if we look at the last couple of years, no team in baseball is hit into more ground bowl double plays than the Dodgers had by a considerable margin. And right now they cannot afford to eliminate themselves. And maybe the possibilities of scoring runs in innings.
Speaker 2: Other than that, how are things going?
Speaker 6: Yeah, other than that everybody's saying, well, the sky is falling. The sky is falling, and still they have the lead, but don't rest on the lead because they leave here. Tomorrow's an off day and then they take on the Arizona Diamondbacks, and the Diamondbacks are trying to close the gap, no question about that. And if the Dodgers don't continue to kind of pick things up as they had most of the year and seventy percent of the game have been played, now you know they could be in the first round of playoffs. Have to go into wild Card playoff in the first round again this year.
Speaker 2: Well, a bright spot last night was the debut of Trek Scruball. Now, yes, he did get the loss in the game, he gave up the second run. It was a tough luck run on a high chopper off the front edge of home plate that a runner a third round underneath and scored the go ahead run. Dodgers couldn't get him any more runs. So other than that, I mean, he pitched very well. In four of the six innings he pitched, He retired the side in order, he struck out six.
Speaker 4: He commanded the ball. He looked very good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the Dodgers need him. We talked about lack of offense, but let's look at the last fifty five games overall, the era collectively, the tire pitching staff is over four and a quarter, the relievers are close to three and three quarters. In the last sixty games, that era is right at five. So there's a lot of different areas that need to be tightened up. And we're seeing a different lineup as far as the positioning today because if we look at Mookie Benz, he's been moved down to the number six spot, and a little surprising with lefty on the mound, Bets is hitting behind Kyle Tucker, the left handed hitter and Hunter.
Speaker 2: Fiducia will make his first start this year with the Dodgers, more than a year after he made his major league debut with the Dodgers before being traded to Tampa Bay and playing fairly.
Speaker 4: Regularly with the Rays.
Speaker 2: Eric Lauer and Showta the pitching matchup Cubs and Dodgers, third game of this three games, sent right around the corner.
Speaker 5: Tim all right, thank you very much. As we count down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza parlor or your Shaky's Pizza Chicken and Mojo's at Shaky's dot Com. All right, coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, DA haven't say sits down with Trek Scoogle. That's coming up. In about thirty five minutes. You'll hear from the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. Who's the latest on the injury front? What's up with Dalton Rushing? We got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll break down this pitching match up. But I'm next. You're O Tani Rewine and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports in at LN. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Cubs from Wrigley Field in Chicago. I'm Tim Kase's the back to back World serious champion Dodgers Audio Know where.
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 3: It's Jo hel Tony. This is Dodgers on Deck. Listen to aby game on the hight Hut Radio.
Speaker 5: Out Dodgers and Cubs fin the game of this three game sent for Wrigley Field. Eric Lower, the stopper for the Dodgers, is there right in a five game losing streak that's got to come to it and today first pitch coming up at eleven.
Speaker 1: Twenty, this is the Otani rewide all in one to Otani, well swing and hit it down the left field Shige, that's a fair ball.
Speaker 2: Otani will jog around first and hold there with a single. That side of the infield was vacated and O'toni got a cutter on the outside half and took it that way.
Speaker 5: Great piece of hitting from Shoey Otani going to love field with the solo the base hit last night one for four he went in the game as the Dodgers only had four hits offensively as a team in a five to one loss to the Cuppies.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 5: Hey Kearson now joins us on this Wednesday morning. Brought to my Cars for Kids the easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate today your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donating now at Cars for Kids dot org. That's with a K. Kiristen. This Dodgers team needs a win, and they need a win now, and it looks like they have the right guy on the mound.
Speaker 3: To do it.
Speaker 8: You know what they do as much as we all thought it was gonna be Terrek Schouobl yesterday, who I should preface with. He was excellent in his Dodgers' debut, able to get through six Yes they were in that sixth in name, just a little hiccup with that Baltimore chop, but he was in fact excellent and he did what he needed to do to help get the Dodgers into the win column. But today, little did we know the stopper could really be Eric Lauer. He is someone who since he's come over from the Toronto Blue Jays, he has been nothing but excellent. And really what the Dodgers needed was they have key arms on the il and Blake Snell as well as Tyler Glass. Now, so whenever Eric has taken the ball, whether it's a start or the one time in which we saw him come in with an opener, this team has won so nine and zero.
Speaker 7: Whenever Eric has bitched in a game, which means maybe.
Speaker 8: He is the perfect guy to reset things for this team today, so they get them back into the wind column, to have them leave Chicago on high note, just get back on track before heading into Arizona against a division rival. So you know Eric is teased He's like, I just want you guys to know whenever I take the ball, good things happen. And so now we are like, well, you know what, Eric, the odds are very much in your favor.
Speaker 7: So let's keep it going. Let's go to ten and oh for him on the year, that would be nice.
Speaker 3: No doubt about it.
Speaker 5: To looking at this Dodgers team coming up in the next few weeks, maybe Will Smith is going to be coming back to get behind the plate, but that's still a ways off, and Dalton Rushing news is certainly not good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So unfortunately last night we found out that Dalton Rushing is dealing with a slight UCL tear in his elbow. And so you know what does that mean moving forward? Does that mean that surgery is needed. It's a chance, there's a possibility for that. There's no decision made just yet. But Dave Roberts was saying is right now, they're trying just to manage him. So they're shutting him down completely for just a bed four to six weeks, especially on the throwing side. Even Dave rob a minute today that it's unclear as if he will be able to return as.
Speaker 7: A catcher this year.
Speaker 8: They're hoping to keep his bat moving with that slight UCL terry is something that you can hit through, so they're hoping to keep his bat going as just a potential lefty bat off the bench if need be. In the hope, really with will Smith, he is continuing to progress. He's stacking good days, he's still swinging the bat.
Speaker 7: He has not.
Speaker 8: Taken VP on the field just yet or face live pitching, and once he does that they'll have a better idea of an exact timeline as to when he can get on a rehab assignment. But they are looking at him returning in September, so they feel confident about that. So in the meantimes because now you know that Dalton likely not returning as a catcher. So for Ben Roartvett, for Hunter Fidusha, this is their time to shine because they are going to be needed come October. This wasn't a move just to kind of fill in the blank here and there. It's become clear that this is a move that was required because they do need some more support in the catcher position now with his news that Dalton could would be shut down as the catcher moving forward for the rest.
Speaker 7: Of this year, So for these guys, we saw Ben.
Speaker 8: Yesterday, Trek Scoogle said he was excellent behind the plate. We know what he's capable of doing for what we saw.
Speaker 7: From him last year. And then Hunter Vadusha obviously.
Speaker 8: Very familiar with this organization, has had some Big league time with the Rays and did very well with the Rays this year. So for him coming over, he's behind the plate this afternoon. And so for these two guys, they really do have a runway ahead of them, and they have a great opportunity ahead of them as well.
Speaker 5: Real quick. This team's not used to losing, certainly not losing five games in a row being a five hundred team since the All Star break. What's this team like being around them on the field in the clubhouse the last forty eight hours.
Speaker 8: You know, it's kind of that weird thing. There's something of something's got to give. There's very much there are positives. The starting pitching was excellent yesterday. We saw Kyle Tucker have a two hit game. You know, Freddie Freeman has continued to have a hot bat. So you're seeing there's positives. And then if you look at the game one of this series in which they were able to get to Justin Robleski who has been so he's working through a few things. So you know it's it's if it's not one thing, it's something else that's causing to be the issue for them. So right now they're just looking to get a complete game going. I will say, this is a team, there's a bunch of professionals, a lot of veterans in this league, and so they understand that things are going to happen in a course of one's sixty two. Even Mookie Bett's last night he just described it as it's just clear we're.
Speaker 7: In a little bit of a rut right now. So now it's just how do they dig themselves out.
Speaker 3: Of that rut.
Speaker 8: There is obviously the off day tomorrow that's a great way to reset. So the hope is just used today as kind of like that launching pad.
Speaker 3: No doubt about it.
Speaker 5: No better day to get a win than today. Here, Sin, we appreciate what check out with you after the game is still to come here on Morago because you know Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Vat say goes one on what with Trek Schooble fresh off his first start with the Dodgers last night, but up next at injury report, and we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts Dodgers and Cubs on this Wednesday. First pitch at eleven twenty. I'm Tim Kates' is a back to back ROLLD Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech continues on this Wednesday morning. As we lead you up to first pitch, It's the Dodgers and the Cubs Marongo Casino Resort and Spa, a Grand Slam for good times. Eric Lauer on the mound, first pitch, and Ridley Field is coming up at eleven twenty.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 5: Presented by UCLA Health, the official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Dalton rushing on the il with the slight tear in his ucl at his elbow, Blake trying on the il with the right elbow inflammation. Will Smith on the il working his way back from that neck inflammation. Tyler Glass now two innings at a minor League rehab start yesterday with the tower buzzers, He'll continue to ramp up. Blake's now yesterday final rehab start in Oklahoma City, three and two third innings, three runs, five hits, including two home runs. He walked four, struck out three, throwing seventy three pitches. Asparious Gavin Stone, two names we haven't heard in a while. Both the report to Oklahoma City to try to salvage their injury riddled twenty twenty six seasons. All right, let's head back out to Wrigley feel that check out the Dodger skipper A.
Speaker 3: Questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 9: The dugouts with Dave Roberts, with Dalton, I think it's just kind of shut down the throwing for four to six weeks. You know, there's a rest period for just the activity and then kind of try to resume hitting and try to keep the bat alive all the while, you know, seeing how the arm feels, the elbow feels. So that's one piece. And with Will, it's just a continued I have everything keeps moving forward, which is a good thing. There's no timeline as far as when he faces pitching, let alone, when he goes out on or rehab, you know, then we'll have more clarity on a you know, projected date of return.
Speaker 7: But right now I don't know is he still swinging in the cage.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, and hasn't taken at bats on the field yet.
Speaker 3: Or that Dalton catches at any point the rest of this year.
Speaker 9: Personally, I would say it's a very small I hope I'm wrong, but just kind of you know, he's a tough kid and so for him to you know, go through this speaks a lot. So I think that would be great if he can certainly a possibility with the time, but we're certainly trying to keep the battle alive for sure, which.
Speaker 10: That like you guys want to have some left handed options down the stretch.
Speaker 9: That's a part of it, just kind of like looking at the roster and having a you know, potential left handed bat could be really helpful or not Dalton.
Speaker 7: Will have to go on undergo surgery.
Speaker 6: How much of this is just kind of waying If you rest him for four to six weeks, he might not.
Speaker 4: Are you as willing to take that risk?
Speaker 9: I think that fair question. I think that over the next couple of weeks, I think that we'll have a better idea of how he's responding with time, and then I think, obviously that's a Dalton question too. You know, it's an organizational but it's a doctor and it's kind of laying all the variables out and then make a decision. But I do think that there's really not much cost outside of two weeks or whatever to kind of wait and see how he responds to some treatment and some kind of stuff that they decide to do.
Speaker 11: Is you understanding just that it's an overuse injury like has been kind of fraying over time.
Speaker 9: Or I think that it is it was something that was there and then it just showed itself whatever whatever day was Sunday.
Speaker 12: I know, you can swing with that as a something that like heat's a swing and anyway there's a particle you guys kind of have to see over the next couple of weeks with him.
Speaker 9: That's part of it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Yeah, talk about the growth that he's done this season and the growth that he has yet to do. How disappointing is it to see this happen when he's in the middle of kind of finding his rhythm here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's it's a bummer because he has made a lot of strides and then you know, even just this right here, I mean you're you're talking about one hundred over one hundred and one hundred and twenty five plate appearances that you're missing out on it and also opportunities to catch major league innings. So you know, yeah, I mean I feel for Dalton.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, there's a match to Dave Roberts. Certainly a lot of talk about Dalton rushing. Will he be able to come back? Won't he be able to come back with the elbow injury? When we continue here on Morongo, because you know, Dodgers on deck, we will check in with David bad Say as we lead you up to first pitch on this Wednesday morning, Dodgers and comes from Wrigley Field in Chicago. So I'm Tim Kates. Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Nowhere, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 5: Lean you out to Dodgers and Cubs on this Wednesday morning. Eric Lauer on the mound, first pitch, really feel that Chicago is coming up at eleven twenty Dodgers Baseball brought to by al Poto, born in La and made for your game day. Al Pato brings authentic Mexican styles, tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your plate every single time. El Pato Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 5: All right, David, looking at the Dodgers lineup of today in the finale against the Cubbies. They need some offense, no doubt about that. Looks like a little different lineup today.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the one thing that stood out to me, Tim was who was hitting behind Freddy Freeman. Mookie Bets has been dropped in the order. Tommy Edmond is hitting behind Freddie Freeman, batting cleanup against the left hander at Amanaga. Kyle Tucker is hitting fifth, and Mookie Betts has been dropped to the sixth spot. Mooki has had a Nightmaragh type of season, not taking walk's lowest walk rate of his career, on base percentage well below three hundred. And here's the one thing that has stood out to me the most. Freddy Freeman, who has a fourteen game hitting streak coming into today, has been on base forty five times since the beginning of July. He has only scored eight times. He's only been driven in eight times being on base that many times, and to me, that's a symptom of who's hitting directly behind him and they have not gotten the job done.
Speaker 5: Blake Snell last night shocking to give him a couple of home runs, but it was a rehabit Sibmon in TRIPLEA, Oklahoma City. Is that the final one for snell Zilla and when can we see him return?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is the final one. He will be back with the Dodgers when they return home on the homestand likely one of the first two games against the Royals. Even though he couldn't get out of the fourth inning, he got the pitch count close to seventy five pitches he threw seventy three, so he's ready to go. I feel like he needs a challenge of major league hitters, and I think you're gonna see a really good snail Zilla that we didn't even see last year. Because he told reporters last week that he hasn't felt this good with his arm and range of motion in three years, and he actually has a feeling in his fingertips again, and that is the result of that nanoscope procedure that he went with earlier this year.
Speaker 5: David has brought to you by Ford Summer Sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offerers of the year. Go to buy Ford now dot com or your Southern California Ford dealer for more information. Ford Official vehicle of Major League Baseball. All right, been a couple of days. Now, Sincenteric School Bold trade he pitched last night. You're gonna be talking to him coming up in about ten minutes. So what about the others in Detroit? What are they saying about this trade?
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody keeps talking about how the Tigers may not have taken the best package presented to them, and there's so many conspiracy theories out there. I thought it was interesting though, what the Tigers GM Scott Harris had to say to kind of squash all those conspiracy theories. That Scooble wanted to come to the Dodgers, so they made it happen, or you know, Major League Baseball wanted Schooble to be in a Dodger uniform. The Brewers, they're trying to say they offered better, but they won't say exactly what. Here's what the Tigers GM Scott Harris had to say yesterday regarding the Schooble trade.
Speaker 5: The market was the market.
Speaker 10: The teams that were in were in, and the teams that weren't weren't in. We're not in and unfortunately, in those situations with a player that is truly at the top of the market, that is truly one of one, you know, we had the steering wheel and we could steer it as fast or as slow as we wanted to, and we felt like we put ourselves in a position on Saturday night where he was abundantly clear what every organization was going to be able to do, and we laid down all the offers.
Speaker 5: In front of us and we chose one.
Speaker 10: So I'm very confident that we absolutely maxim suit return that we could get for Trek school Boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think that is the one thing everybody's forgetting about Tim. It seems like from what I've gathered, the Tigers really wanted Zayre Hope and they really wanted River Ryan. The reports are that the Brewers offered three of their really good position players, but not one of their young starting pitchers. But the Tigers we're looking for all along that's been reported going back to spring training is a young, controllable pitcher. River Ryan is really talented. He fits that. Zayer Hope was a person of interest for the Tigers. So you know, you could say that's right or wrong, but those were the players they wanted.
Speaker 5: No doubt about it, and they're the ones who wanted to pull off this training and they get what they getting back in return. David, great stuff. We will check back you with you a little bit, Dason to go one on one with Trek Scoogle coming up in fifteen minutes, will dive deeper into this pitchy matchup. Of course we're gonna hear from Charlie Steiner, but up next your Dodgers' magical moment. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Keats's back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jackson on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Cubs one final time from Wrigley Field in Chicago. Dodgers need to win. They've lost the first two games of this series. They're in danger of getting swept and back to back series, having lost over the weekend all three games to the Boston Red Sox. Eric Lower on the mount, first pitch coming up at eleven twenty.
Speaker 13: Ig, who wants a hot.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical Present by Hawpy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 5: Well we go back to twenty seventeen, the Dodgers in Cubs squared off from the National League Championship Series. The Dodgers, with a three to one series lead, Game five, Wrigley feel the chance to close it out and punch their tickets to a World Series.
Speaker 13: One ball, one strike to Catreras. Chanson delivers linedrive caught by Culberson. The Dodgers win. It's been twenty nine years. It's a very long time between then and now.
Speaker 4: The weight is over.
Speaker 13: The Dodgers are going back to the World Series, and they are mobbing Jensen on the mound.
Speaker 4: They have cleared the dugout.
Speaker 13: The Dodgers, for the first time since nineteen eighty eight, will be going to the World Series.
Speaker 5: Dodgers beat the Cubs in five games to win the NLCS in advance to the World Series. Kiki Hernetez had a huge game five three home ron seven RBI and the clincher at Wrigley is Justin Turner. Chris Taylor named your co MVPs of the National League Championship Series back in twenty seventeen. This Hofey Magical moment brought to by Hoffey Hot Dogs Hoffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offy Hunt Dogs Local and so great. When we continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Devil Check It with Charlie Steiner, don't forget we'll hear from Derek Scoople coming up at about twelve minutes, so he leads you up to first pitch Dodgers and Cubs from Chicago. I'm Tim Kats. It's the bach Back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Cubs. Eric Lower Show Tay Minaga the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at eleven twenty time. Now for the Verizon startup. As we are now about thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low prize for three years so you can save big. Visit your so Calvil Rising store today. We welcome in and say good morning to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 13: All right, Tim, we get ready for game one hundred and fifteen, forty eight games remaining. The Dodgers looking to get out of Chicago with a win. They've lost five in a row for the first time this season. They've lost seven of their last nine, and now suddenly the Dodgers have the second best record in baseball, a game and a half behind the Brewers, and now just a half a game ahead of the Braves. Tied in the lost column with the Dodgers, the Braves have the third best record in the game, the third best record in the National League, and when it comes to first round postseason, buys two's company and threes of crowd. And so the Dodgers need to turn things around in a hurry mode.
Speaker 6: Well, they need to turn around and for return school, he pitched better than do you be tagged with the loss yesterday six two runs on four hints. Yes, gave up a home run, but If you look at Schoogle, you know he kept waiting for some runs to be scored. The one ball that really hurt was that high bouncer hit off the mound. Really no chance to make the play on top of that, But the Dodgers have multiple issues going on right now. First of all, they've eliminated opportunities to score runs. You look at the double play balls the last two years, it's the most of any team in Major League Baseball. They've hit into seven ground bowl double plays in the last five games, ten in the last eight games. And then you start to look at the disparity in running across home plate to score. They've been able to manage just one run over the last twelve and the third innings, and that's got to change.
Speaker 4: In a hurt.
Speaker 13: There is a trend developing. In the first fifty four games this year, the Dodgers had an ERA of three ten, the starters in the er of three to twenty three, the relievers to eighty seven. In the next fifty five games, through Game one hundred and fourteen, the Dodgers have an ER of four to twenty six. The starter's ER is still a decent three seventy five the bullpen er in the last sixty games is over five. So it's not just a recent slump less two thirds.
Speaker 3: Of the season to this point, it's.
Speaker 1: Been a downward progression.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and let's put in perspective, this is game number one hundred and fifteen.
Speaker 4: What does that mean.
Speaker 6: Well, it means that seventy percent of the season has been completed, so you're looking at thirty percent left. And for the Dodgers, they have to play much much better than they have played so far. I mean, the only thing that's been somewhat consistent has been the defense. The offense has been sputtering, even though you've got some guys that have just really been knocking the cover off the ball, Freddie Freeman in particular. But for Freeman, as many times as he's been on base, he's not been knocked in very very many times by other bats. So, you know, Dave Roberts changing that lineup around today, and the first thing we notice is that Mookie Bess has been moved down to the sixth spot, batting behind Kyle Tucker. And keep in mind this is against a left handed pitcher and showed Imanaga, so he's on the mound and yet Dave Roberts has it's really been able to trust his lineup offensively, and now Hunter Fiducia.
Speaker 4: Is going to get the start this afternoon.
Speaker 13: Again, the Dodgers, you don't know when or if Will Smith is going to be back, and you don't know when or if Dalton Rushing is going to be back, and so it's going to be they're going to be juggling three catchers and trying to figure out who can actually step up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I think if we look at the loss of Will Smith, and again there's no timetable at all to have any idea on projection and when he may be back, if he's going to be back for that matter, they're optimistic, but until we see him, he's not here. But that is a huge loss for a lot of different reasons. First of all from his catching and working with the pitching staff, but more importantly, if you look at the the fizzle if you will, of the offense, obviously they miss his bat terribly.
Speaker 13: All Right, So Scoogle did great last night. Can't pin the rap on him. Quality start, six innings, two runs, four hits, just eighty five pitches fifty one for strikes. Blake Snell in his rehab start. His fourth went three and two thirds last night seventy three pitches, struck out three walk four to three runs on five heads, and so Snell getting closer. But again today it's going to be up to Eric Lauer, who, if nothing else, he has been a model of consistency when.
Speaker 4: They give him the ball.
Speaker 13: The Dodgers haven't lost.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they need desperately to have a very good outing there. One other addition to coming back, Tyler Glasnow went two innings plus he pitched a third inning in the bull pen last night at Rancho, sixteen pitches, twelve in the strength zone. He had one pitch violin on the clock. But he's getting a little bit closer. But it's the old line about until they're here, they're not here. So the Dodgers meanwhile, have to figure out ways to play much better baseball than what they're currently doing.
Speaker 13: And the Dodgers over there last ten have really struggled beyond the losing streak. They've lost seven of ten, twelve of twenty, and they're just a five hundred team over the last thirty games. So they're looking to straighten up. Fly right, fly out of town. Tomorrow and then have the three game series with the Diamondbacks who are hot of late at home, and that of course is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Lineup's the first pitch coming up?
Speaker 6: Tim?
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, Charlie. Dodgers Baseball presented by Uniclo Field the Dodger Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com. Slash us still to come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck Before first pitch, we'll preview this pitching match up as Eric Lauer looks to remain undefeated since coming over from the Blue Jays. Tim and Rak will get to those keys of the game. But up next, as promised Trek Schouoble fresh off first outing last night, it goes high and tight with David Vatt say, when we return Dodgers and Cubs from Chicago, I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Cubs. Eric Lauer showed out you Minnaga. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at eleven twenty Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: We're in the friendly confines a Wrigley Field, a place where Terrece Scooble had never pitched before before last night, making his Dodger debut, and we're joined right now by the Dodgers left hander. Thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it. Yeah, of course, thanks for having What's it been like last night? I know, opening day, your major league debut. Were there any butterflies when you took the mound last night?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 12: I mean even just going to bed the night before and you know, waking up, you know, super excited to kind of start this journey, you know, a different chapter in my story. So you know, excited to be a Dodger and you know, give everything that I have to this city, end of this team, and you know, try to win as many baseball games as I can.
Speaker 4: It's so strange. You haven't been on the Dodgers more than a couple of days, but it seems like you have connections and relationships with so many guys through your time with the All Star Games and the World Baseball Classic. Yeah.
Speaker 12: No, I mean I try to get to know everybody throughout the league.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 12: It's kind of this fraternity, right, all these guys throughout the league, and there becomes a lot of familiar faces and playing guys just you know, and I got a lot of respect for everybody in this league.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 12: It's it's really hard to be a big leaguer, and then you know, when you get to establish some time here, it's really cool to know some guys and get to know guys, you know, not just on the field, but off the field a little bit. So you know, I try to, you know, get to know everybody. You know, everyone's unique in their own way, and you know, I really enjoy that part of the game.
Speaker 4: Clayton Kershaw reaved about you after the World Baseball Classic experience. How much did you pick his brain? How much did you get to connect with him?
Speaker 12: Yeah, quite a bit, you know, quite a bit. We talked spoke about everything you know about his career. Obviously you don't, you know, just go to Baseball Reference and you'll understand that he's probably, you know, the best left hander to ever do it. So to be around him and just you know, and embrace greatness obviously at a different point in his career, right, but it was a ton of fun just to talk to him about baseball, about pitching, about how he goes about his business, any advice you know that he would have told his younger self, you know, all that stuff, you know, I think, and he's an open book. Credit to him, you know, he doesn't have to be. And then he's an open book. And when I was traded over here, he texted me and you know, kind of gave me the lay of the land, the people here, you know that he works with, and everything like that, and where to live, all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: You know. So I really appreciate that, you know, appreciate that from Kursh Do.
Speaker 4: You remember what he told what he would have told his younger self.
Speaker 3: I'll keep those between me and him.
Speaker 12: You know, I think there's some conversations that should probably stay a little private, and that's probably one of them.
Speaker 4: You know, one thing that he's very public about is his change up envy. Never could get the feel for the change up. So did he share with you how much change up envy he had?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he didn't need a change up.
Speaker 12: First off, I don't think he ever needed a change up, so I don't know if there should be any envy there. He had the best curveball in the history of the game, and his execution with his forcem and slider were great, so you know, he didn't need a change up, so I think that the envy probably shouldn't be there. But yeah, I mean if I could swap some pitches out with him, I would. I would take his slider and curveball and a heartbeat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that curveball, even at this stage of the career that you saw, how impressed were you with how he's able to still get over that front leg and be able to snap it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: No, I mean, his his curveball, everything about it, execution, you know, for him, it's kind of like a change up because it's so much slower than his heater. So that's kind of how he I feel like he regulated lineups and regulated guys swings, you know, when they want to get aggressive and.
Speaker 3: Swing at the first pitch.
Speaker 12: You can go right after a you know, a curveball, and you're either going to be way out in front or it's going to be a lazy fly ball. And I think he used that to his advantage, you know, just watching from afar, so yeah, I mean it's really impressive to watch him do what he does.
Speaker 4: Terry Scoogle is our guest to head a first pitch between the Dodgers and Cubs. Just looking at your season, yeah, I've noticed that you're getting speaking of Chase more Chase this year than you ever have before in your career. Is there a reason? Why are you just evolving as time goes on as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I haven't really thought about it much.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 12: I I kind of try to stay in the zone and beat guys in the zone. You know, that's kind of my mentality. I'm very confident in my stuff, so I want to go right after guys and getting leverage. And you know, I think when you're in leverage consistently, that's when Chase starts to happen, because they're you know, they think every pitch is going to be a strike, so you use that to your advantage. So yeah, I mean I haven't really looked at any of that stuff.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 12: I'm just I go out there and I try to put my team in a position to win a baseball game.
Speaker 3: And if I do that, good day. You know. That's how I think about it.
Speaker 4: Do you believe to not every start you're gonna have your best?
Speaker 3: Stuff?
Speaker 4: Which separates winning and losing and getting deep into game is competing, right, You've got to find a way to compete.
Speaker 3: No doubt.
Speaker 12: I think the best in the game are the best competitors in the game. Obviously the stuff is going to be really good. But I think the best hitters, best pitchers, doesn't matter, best relievers, they're the best competitors in the game. You know, they go after everybody. It doesn't matter if you feel good or if you you know, you got in at five am the night before or whatever. You know, you just go out there and give it everything you got every fifth or sixth day, and that's all you can ask for yourself, you know, and then slay it all out on the line and then you know. Results, I mean, they matter, but they don't really matter. I think how you compete and how you go about your business and keep you know, being relentlessly attacking hitters is what really matters.
Speaker 4: So just to let you know, I got I covered Kershaw for the last fifteen years of his career, and I do have like boundaries when it comes to starting pictures the day of their start. He has traumatized me. I look directly into the ground now to any picture that I come close to on start day. But Max Munsey told me yesterday as you were getting ready, you are so far from a Kershaw type of start day. Are you a guy that doesn't want anybody to talk to you? Am I allowed to make eye contact with you? Can you just set the ground rules?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I'm very approachable.
Speaker 12: Obviously, I don't really want to talk a lot to the media in general on the day I'm going.
Speaker 4: Oh, trust me, I would never even come close.
Speaker 12: Good morning, how's it going? You know, good, good to see you. You know those are all good to go. Yeah, I just you know, as the game gets closer to gain time, I tend to kind of start to lock it in. But you know, five six hours before the game or four hours for the game, It's just like I used to do that early in my career, and I found myself very mentally exhausted before the game started. So I just want to be myself. You know, I think you know who I am is you know I'm I'm not outgoing, but I'm not an introvert by any means. I want to talk to everybody and have fun. I mean, we get to play baseball for a living.
Speaker 3: How awesome is that?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: There's not that.
Speaker 12: Many people that have been able to say that. So I want to enjoy every minute of it. You know, you never know, how you know when my career is going to be done, I want to look back and say I had fun and enjoyed every single minute of it and worked my ass off to be the best player I can be. So that's kind of how I approach the game, not saying that anything is wrong. You know, each guy is different in each of their own you know, and it works. Obviously it worked really well for Kersh, but it didn't work for me. So I kind of just went back and resorted to just being who I am, and that's who I am.
Speaker 4: So next start day, when I see you laying on the ground doing your yoga, should I just give you a shooter? McGavin point, you can do whatever you want.
Speaker 12: I'm probably not going to do it back, but I'll acknowledge you for sure.
Speaker 4: All right, good, we got the ground rules. Here's another question for you. I heard you don't prefer being called by your first name. You rather me call you scoops. Is that true?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think only my wife calls me by my first name.
Speaker 4: When she when you're in trouble or.
Speaker 3: Well, then I'll get my middle name too.
Speaker 12: It's kind of like my mother when she says my first and middle name, or first and last right back to back. I know I've done something wrong, which I'm not oblivious too. I probably knew I did something wrong to try to get away with it, but.
Speaker 4: I'm always in the doghouse too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I think everyone, uh everyone on the basement in the baseball roll just calls me Scoob or Scooby or Scoob something like that, And okay, that's just what I respond to I, you know, as when you're in season. I honestly I forget my first name a little bit because they don't really, you know, no teammate really has ever called me Terrek. It's kind of it's not a it's not an easy word to pronounce and kind of get off the tongue.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, last one for you. Since you're in LA, it's a great food town. What does Scoobs like to eat? Are you Italian? Have you had in and out before?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: My god, I'm a West Coast guy. I love in and out.
Speaker 4: You're a azy guy, that's right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, I don't know. People say Waterburger. I don't even think it holds the same level.
Speaker 3: And that's so good, you know. But for food like Taco's, Italian.
Speaker 12: Steak, sushi, I'm into every type of food, you know.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 12: I love eating good food, good quality food, and I'm sure La has plenty of it, and I look forward to exploring that.
Speaker 4: All right, Thanks Scoops. Thanks for the time. Great to share you with Dodger fans. Obviously you're a human being. You're not just an ultimate pitcher in baseball right now. So I love showing fans what you're all about. And since you love good food, you'll receive a gift card to hobby Aers, Newport Beach, Pasadena. Your agent, Scott Boris, lives at the One in Newport Beach, so enjoy Hobby Airs when you're in LA.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. Thank you.
Speaker 4: There he is the man, Trek Scooball aka Scoobs. Don't look at him directly on start day. That's my message. We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, Thank you Scooby and thank you DV. Appreciate that. Leading me up to first Bitch Dodgers incomes. That was certainly cool to kind of see a different layer, kind of pulled back the curtain there on Who Trek Scooball is up next? Though, we'll dive deep into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates. It's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue all.
Speaker 5: Season long hits the Dodgers in Cubs one final time from Wrigley Field in Chicago. First pitch coming up at eleven twenty.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the diner, we look at the pitching Matchhout.
Speaker 5: Brought to buy her Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Show Tay Minaga on the mound for the Cubbies seven to nine with a three sixty seven r Ray thirty two year old left hander in his third season in the major leagues after a long career over in Japan. Making his twenty third start this season last time out six to two, thirty innings, two runs, four hits, six strikeouts, zero walks, and a loss to the Yankees. He has pitched to a sub one er ray in his last three starts since the All Star Break. He's got a two point h nine ERRA in his last nine starts since June tenth. Today will mark his sixth career start against the Dodgers. He is one and one at four point fifteen RRA. Dodgers saw Hi already once this year, back on April twenty sixty Unico Field at Dodger Stadium, five and thirty innings, five runs, six hits as he took the loss to the Blue How about Ericlauer and the job he has done on the mound for the Dodgers since coming over from the Blue Jays. The thirty one year old left hander is six and five overall this season with the four point fifty ERRA. He's making his fifteenth start here in twenty twenty six, his ninth since coming over for the Blue Jays. He's also got an outing as a bulk inning guy, coming in after an opener, fastball, cutter, change up, curveball. Eric Lauer has been fantastic and the good thing the Dodgers did not trade him at the deadline. He is five and oh with the two to ninety six erras since coming over to the Dodgers. The team itself is nine to zero when he pitches. Yeah last time out, six shutout innings, one hit, four strikeouts, just one walk in a win over the Mariners. In ten career games nine starts against the Cubs, Eric Lower is three and two at the five sixty seven e R ray, but he has not faced the Cubbies since twenty twenty three and four games three starts at Wrigley Field. Eric Lower in his career is one to zero with eight four eighty six ERA and twenty five strikeouts. Dodgers need to win, they have lost five in a row. Eric Lawer, right guy, right day, right place, Right time, Dodgers and Cubbies. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch keys to the game. Our next have Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Baseball, Dodgers and Cubs. One final time from Wrigley Field in Chicago. Eric Lawer Showtime, I min Naga. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at eleven twenty. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the support dark great moments. Start with Sapporo beer whatever your taste preference Soporo as you cover with the Bardy Crispin refreshing Loggers including light and non alcoholic beer Soaporo, good with sushi, Great with baseball. One final time before first pitch, Let's head back out to the booth. Two guys calling the game today, Tim nevert Rick mounda guess.
Speaker 2: Tim, thanks again, getting ready for this one here at Wrigley Field Day Baseball in Chicago. As Eric Lauer the lefty at six and five overall, but he's five and oh with the Dodgers in a two nine six ERA with Toronto, he was one in five in a six six' nine, era so his results have been much much better obviously with The. Dodgers in, fact in his nine, appearances The dodgers are nine and.
Speaker 9: Er.
Speaker 6: Yeah then the other thing that the lower has done exceptionally well since he's come over to The. Dodgers don't know if the you, know if things have changed the way he, pitches but your runners in scoring positions since he'd put on The dodger, uniform just a one to sixty. Average we talked earlier about lack of. Runs well With, imaonaga he gives up a lot of. Runs in, fact over sixty percent of the runs he's allowed this year via the home run he served a twenty four that've been head out of the. Ballpark The dodgers don't need to hit home. Runs they need to get base hits and put runners in scoring position and then pick them.
Speaker 2: Up his opposition today show To emonaga the. Left he has had trouble keeping the ball in the. Ballpark he's given up twenty four home runs in his twenty two previous. Starts.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Ben the other part, too is In, emanaga he's going to tantalize the hitters with that, splitter and it's a good one and he's allowed barely a two hundred batting average against. It it dies for the. Ground but make him get the ball up in the strike.
Speaker 2: Zone so it's The dodgers and The, cubs final game of this three game. Set dodgers looking to get off the schneide and get out of this five game losing. Skid it'll win before flying To arizona for the day off tomorrow in a weekend series with The.
Speaker 5: Diamondbacks tim all, right thank you very. Much, Yeah dodgers need to snap this five year losing. String they have been a five hundred team since The All Star. Break they need to get it into gear sixty nine and forty. Five they've got a nine game lead over The, diamondbacks ten game lead over The, padres though two teams will tangle again later on tonight In, phoenix so The dodgers will pick up a half game before that game even gets underway this. Evening but if you look at the rest of The National, league The dodgers looking up at The Milwaukee, brewers who got the best record in baseball at seventy and forty. Three in The Atlanta, braves they've won six in a row seven of their last. Ten they are sixty eight and forty, Five so The dodgers in danger of falling into the third. Place as far as the top record in The National, league but a lot of baseball to be. Played it's Only august, fifth as we get ready for The dodgers In cubs one final time From Wrigley. Field, Show Hey, O, Tandy Andy, Pajus Freddie, Freeman Tommy, Edman Kyle, Tucker Mookie, Betts Max, Munsey Miguel, rojas and one hundred fidus of the Lineup, Tonight Eric lauer on the mound in this finale showtik. Ibnag we'll go for The cubs after the. Game dodger's day off tomorrow in the, desert enjoy the hot weather Of, phoenix and then get ready for a big three game weekend series against the second Place. Diamondbacks dodgers And cubs one final time when we come back and enjoy, It i'll be back with all the postgame. Festivities this has Been Morongo Casino dodgers On deck on your back to Back World series Champion Dodgers Audio network