Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 3: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you, Yeah, follow.
Speaker 1: The Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: For there is no folly of the best of the earth which is not infinitely outdone by the madness of men.
Speaker 2: Look on to you, s Petro Saying Money. Five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We have a full four hour show one hours in the books. A big thank you to Don McClain. Next, we have our Football Power Hour, as the NFC Championship is Sunday. The Rams and Seahawks. For the third time this season, a pair of Rams will join us. Harrison Nevis the Kicker, the Thicker Kicker, with the game winner and overtime in Chicago, freezing temperatures for forty two yards out bangs it through rams advance in Quinton Lake, one of our absolute favorites, the safety of the Rams, will join us as well. So that is next hour and between now and the end of the show, Pep, we're giving away a three day pass. You're going to hour right now? Matt? Are you going to do it right now? You don't got the balls? I don't, will you late? You don't have the balls? You're right? Maybe you might have it later. I would assume between now and the end of the show.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we do it in the Football Power Hour because that's a lot of testosterone coursing through the airwaves with some football being played, you know, but maybe we do.
Speaker 4: And Matt, we had a big announcement last hour as well concerning next week.
Speaker 2: Tim Kay breaking the news. Stay tuned to our AM five to seventy LA Sports social media channels for an announcement on how you can be part of our live studio audience. A week from today, in this very hour, exactly one week from right now, four to five o'clock, we will be having an Inside the Locker Room with Miguel ROAs Dodger World Series champion gain tying home run as unlikely, a hero is a roster clutch hitting sends it to extras. Dodgers win the World Series. Miguel Rojas going to join us for a full hour for the Inside the Locker Room one week from today. So again, keep an eye on the Instagram feed and the Am five seven LA sports dot com to find out how you could register to be part of the audience. So on all the way till Dodger talking.
Speaker 4: A big thank you to Colin Yee who was our engineer, our sound production engineer all week long on the Petros and Money Show. You'll hear from him momentarily when he sings the song of the day a cappella. Hello Colin, You doing all right over there?
Speaker 5: Oh phenomenal. Always love hanging out with the boys on the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Didn't you sing a song in high school acapella?
Speaker 2: Let's hear it for the book?
Speaker 5: I sang a freshman year in this Still the Night by the five Satins in front of the whole school, alolo alone.
Speaker 2: I held you with all of my mind. How did that go over?
Speaker 7: It was pretty good. That's when I would like.
Speaker 4: Napoleon Dynamite, where everybody realized you were cool and like stood up and clapped, and that one guy looked all mad, and then one blonde guy.
Speaker 5: One girl I remember it came up to me. I think she was a cheerleader. Senior thought it was pretty cool. I'd like I had the high voice as a freshman.
Speaker 7: Ye, sang like a.
Speaker 2: Girl, so oh, like one of those choir boys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then the voice dropped.
Speaker 4: So you really went up there like in the stell of.
Speaker 7: The no oh yeah, back when I could do it?
Speaker 2: Why you do it? Is there a video video? Somer?
Speaker 5: My dad has had all the tapes, doctor. Ye, there has to be a video tape.
Speaker 6: So there was more appearances, more songs.
Speaker 5: I had a couple. Yeah, I sang junior year. I sang you said, you saying freshman year. Well yeah, no, wait, junior year. You went up there and sang Dylan.
Speaker 7: I sang Dylan. I remember singing a little.
Speaker 2: What did I say the times they are yeah with.
Speaker 7: The guitar class. I was in guitar class.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I went up there.
Speaker 4: So you performed, you I mean, yeah, it's like, uh inside Leewin Davis.
Speaker 2: When he said still the Night, I was thinking White Snake and he got up there like and instead of the Night living around your no.
Speaker 5: Any other songs, uh the Beatles.
Speaker 7: All you need is love, Love is all Your love is all you need?
Speaker 6: Did you do one a year?
Speaker 2: Like A? It feels like it was something people look forwarded.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: I the other times it was just with the choir, like it wasn't a So I remember doing for the longest time with the men's choir.
Speaker 2: Oh the longest time.
Speaker 7: That was when I could still sing like a girl, so I could still hit those Billy Joel high notes.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 7: And then the voice dropped junior year and uh, and.
Speaker 2: You still can't find that range. You can't get So when you're calling.
Speaker 4: When you're calling the Super Bowl one day, as you are a great play by play man, some guy's gonna be like I was.
Speaker 2: At Lehabra High or where Alhambra home of the.
Speaker 7: Mark Mark Chappel High School, home of the Aztecs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I saw that guy sing like a bitch in high school. Do you think somebody might say something like that?
Speaker 7: I hope not.
Speaker 4: Well, what's wrong, wouldn't you be? I mean, that's kind of cool. Another wrong with being.
Speaker 2: A bitch, maybe not being a bitch, but sing well, look a lot of bitches out there. His words.
Speaker 8: The word of the day.
Speaker 4: Today's word of the day is rock bottom. You know you wondered when it was going to happen for Bobby Hurley. Bobby Hurley is not doing great at Arizona State. They are underachieving again. Last night they lost to West Virginia and it was now we did play on Monday on King Day. We played the defeated Ed Cooley from Georgetown, who's also having a very underwhelming year. They're nine to nine Georgetown higher expectations in the Big East than Arizona State in the Big twelve, but still and Ed Cooley took the opposite approach, the I know we lost, but hey, it a great day, aren't we blessed? Look at us? I get to be with these young men. We're nine and nine. Blah blah blah. You know he tried to you know what I mean, he right that approach. Bobby Hurley takes the I'm devastated, I hate myself and everybody else approach.
Speaker 9: You know, we got punk down the stretch, couldn't get key rebounds like just where we needed to rew we made them miss somewhere.
Speaker 4: And this gets very dark. Matt literally, okay, I'll prepare myself where he says, there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
Speaker 9: Come up with a rebound. It's been like a consistent theme throughout, you know, hats off to them. I mean the shot they made on the right wing from like thirty feet it's just the shot clock was expiring. Like there's things like that happening which bring the word like doomed into my mind, Like.
Speaker 4: That's doomed, doomed like doom like like we're doomed, like no hope, all.
Speaker 9: Right, but that's the word when I see a shot like that go in like doomed.
Speaker 2: Right, that's what I That's what I.
Speaker 9: That's come. We have not played well here in years.
Speaker 2: Here wait at home, you're at home, right, We've not played well.
Speaker 9: Like since before COVID, if we had this place cooking before COVID. Now it's just it's a sterile environment.
Speaker 3: It's uh, it's uh.
Speaker 9: We we don't win here. We don't give our fans any reason to uh to show up with enthusiasm to think that that we're going to win a basketball game, and we have been dreadful at home for years, even the year. I mean, i'd have to look at the exact record. The last time we did go to the nca Tournament a couple of years ago. I don't think we were great here, like I think we were better freaking on the road somewhere anywhere. You know, it's been going on for a while, and it's it's not a home court advantage. We can't win here. And bottom line, the light and the tunnel, it's hard to see a lot of light. I love the group, though, this group is far different than some other teams that guys like that at times might have made me sick to my stomach. You know this, this group of people are very willing to try and and give what they have, So I am not overly disappointed in that regard. It's just more of the the hope.
Speaker 2: M I mean, sick to my stomach, Okay, these guys like these guys, I'm okay with those guys. Sick to my stomach.
Speaker 4: So sad times at Arizona State. Maybe he needs Kenny Dillingham to come and stroke a check.
Speaker 2: And make the famous person in town.
Speaker 4: A little bit better. But just it's a sad situation for our friends, our fear of the forks out in Tempee. Bobby Hurley says, we're dreadful at home. The fans have no reason to cheer for us. It's a sterile environment. Other teams made me sick to my stomach, but not this one. However, there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
Speaker 2: We need to find one of these really rich people in this city to step up and stroke a check, and I'll do everything I can to make you the most famous person in the city.
Speaker 4: Like, how do you even media train a player broke a check when you're head coaching football is talking about stroking a thirty million dollar check. Anybody stroke a check and your head coach in basketball for men is looks like he's e.
Speaker 2: Or the donkey is no light?
Speaker 4: How how are you supposed to media train Sam Levitt and be like, Hey, Sam.
Speaker 2: Guys, I'm going to go to LSU, appreciate all you, thank you for the opportunity, but I'm just gonna, you know, kind of get out of here. If that's cool.
Speaker 4: We've been dreadful at home. We haven't been good here in years. It's a sterile environment. They don't want to cheer for us. We don't give him any reason to.
Speaker 6: Here's my number.
Speaker 2: Number of the day. Number of the day is six hundred twenty nine. That's a combined dump on Lebron number of the day. Rich Paul taken more incoming because and more and more people former NBA players are asking the question why does he have a podcast? Matt Barnes because step and A.
Speaker 4: Smith is over on ESPN and he's anti Lebron, so they had to balance it out.
Speaker 2: That's why. Okay, I guess that's I promise you that's why they did it. Yeah, got to try to get some positivity out there. I guess that makes sense. Matt Barnes and Steven Jackson posted their latest All That Smoke pod Small Getting All That Smoke, and Matt pointed out like this, this is not something that I would ever want my agent to do. He's an agent. He runs an agency six hundred and twenty nine million dollars of NBA contracts. That's just the NBA Clutch has another eighty football clients. Jalen Hurts, Miles, Garrett DeVante Smith, Milton Williams, Danil Hunter. Guy's making thirty forty fifty million bucks a year, and this guy talks about football too. We just don't pull anything because nothing's interesting. It's a crappy podcast. But if he says something about the Lakers or Lebron, that's when people pull. Everything else is worthless. Yeah, he sounds like an idiot. Yeah, they do it three times a week.
Speaker 4: But then again, as Don McClain pointed out, you know, Genie doesn't sound like a MENSA member, but you.
Speaker 2: Just pulled off the whole coup on her whole family, ten billion dollar deal, squeezed out all of her siblings.
Speaker 4: We might, I might be an idiot, but I'm not as stupid as the rest of you.
Speaker 2: Right asking what you're bad at this? It's not good for your clients. Austin Reeves pointed out that he didn't appreciate ate him putting together a hypothetical trade sending him to Memphis and that it was quote a clear conflict of interest. And now Lebron is weighing in, not on Rich Paul, he already did that with the Austin Reeves thing, or on the Genie bust thing. He did weigh and we'll get into that a little bit later. But this is the clip. I wanted to play a pee because Lebron has always given an opportunity right. It's always given an opportunity to make things right. I can say something to end the conversation and the speculation.
Speaker 4: They eat it right out of his hand like pigeons in a town square.
Speaker 2: And again, a man who would love to hear exactly what his daily routine is, ah, blow by blow, A man who had some form of sciatica. I would love to hear it, asked the question. With the trade deadline coming up on February fifth, reports that Genie don't like Lebron, that she wanted to didn't want to draft bra all that crap. He was asked, and I don't know if you can hear it, so I'll just say the question here. Maybe you can hear in the background. Is this where you want to finish the season? Yes? Or no? Is this where you want to finish the season? Is what Dan WAKEI asked, Is this where you.
Speaker 3: Want to finish the I'm good, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 10: Last two.
Speaker 11: Verybody's crazy crazy, I'm going see all.
Speaker 2: I'm good, I'm good, I'm good. Everybody's crazy, everybody's effing crazy. I'm done. See y'all later.
Speaker 3: Is this where you want to finish the I'm good, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 11: Last two, verybody's crazy crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm going see all awesome. Yes, that's where I want to finish the season. Got a chance to win a championship. Aar is going to be back from injury any day. Now. Let's not forget what we look like when he was out there. I'm gonna get back to where we were the first two weeks of the season, when we were a top three team and challenging for the best record. No, i'm good, I'm good, I'm good. I have a brand of clothing called Everybody's Crazy. Everybody's crazy, everybody's eving crazy. See all later. Is this where you want to finish this?
Speaker 3: I'm good, I'm good, I'm good. Two.
Speaker 11: Everybody's crazy, everybody I'm going.
Speaker 2: That's his brand. So what he was wearing, he was wearing a sweatshirt that said said Everybody's crazy. So I don't know if it's his brand or what, but on his shirt it said Everybody's crazy. Uh, embrace the chase.
Speaker 4: Okay, so yeah, yeah, I mean, you know, as long as there's guys like Waiki that are slobbering to ask these questions and let this guy sound so self important on our time in the city of Los Angeles where he belongs in Cleveland or Miami or away from here, the more they salivate, the more self important he will become.
Speaker 2: Matt, I'm good, I'm good. I'm good. Everybody's crazy. Everybody's having crazy, see y'all, I'm out of here.
Speaker 4: They don't think it helps us either, So we went up there in the season and play all his sound bites and no, but it's good.
Speaker 2: For us to pile on and point out what an a hole he is. Ah, he is an a hole. I don't like him. I don't like him, Mike, I don't like him. Here in La this is the song of the day.
Speaker 5: Today's song of the Day is See of Love by Phil Phillips and the Twilights, a song that reached number two on the nineteen fifty nine Billboard Hot one hundred. An appropriate tune on this frog Man Friday as we close out another week of great sports talk with a full four hour show leading you up to off season Dodger Talk with DV at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: I thought this was Robert Plants honey drippers. I didn't know that was a cover.
Speaker 4: Uh, everybody's crazy, everybody's crazy, Everybody's crazy. I could see you singing this up in front of the school, calling and all the girls swooning.
Speaker 5: Oh, this was exactly the song I'd be singing. I don't know if the girls were swooning.
Speaker 2: But like an Asian Elvis.
Speaker 6: Now, would you sing this as a girl or a boy? Because you sang both right, you.
Speaker 2: Could sing the Sea of Love as either.
Speaker 7: I feel like I sang as a boy, just with a high voice.
Speaker 2: Yancha, Okay, Yeah, I sang as a boy like Shannon Hoon a blind melon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you didn't approve you didn't. You didn't change your appearance just to sing Hi. No, still don't look like a guy like a boy, and so did Hoon.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just gotta get that Mickey Mouse going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a few more stories for everybody, and then we'll have the lessons learned in the very next segment. Petrosen Money on AM five seventy LA Sports your home of the Dodgers Dodger Talk Tonight.
Speaker 1: Petro's Papadakis that money Smith, This is Petrol Send money on demand.
Speaker 2: Dodger Talk tonight with David Vassa coming up after we get off at seven. Got a pair of contests on Sunday or AFC Championship game at noon Patriots Broncos and then Sunday Night Clippers versus Nats after getting their big victory over the Lakers yesterday. Tomorrow we'll have college basketball Houston and Texas Tech tipping off at eleven. Tim Kates with pregame half in post on that one and next hour is our Hour, our NFL Power Hour. Quentin Lake and Harrison Mivas of the Ram's gonna join us. And we still have a pair of three day passes to give away to the Beach Life Festival between now and the end of the show Dando Beach May first through third, so keep listening. Gave away a pair yesterday at our final appearance for the football season at the BJ's rest Runner brew House in Irvine. Have another pair to give away today. We are the official partner of the Beach Live Festival at a five to seventy l a sports on iHeartRadio, So keep listening.
Speaker 8: For that minor sports store miners sports stories for great sports talk.
Speaker 2: The Bear, Don't poke the Bear, No BJ and the Bear Arroganton Beer, Navaganty Beer.
Speaker 4: Rhode Island News, Matt, this is favorite, not about Barraganson beer, Matt, your favorite chowderhead beer.
Speaker 2: That's a Rhode Island beer. Anyway, this is about mister potato Head.
Speaker 4: For decades since has Bro not only the great home of our favorite toy ever g I Joe. Has Bro based forever in the state of Rhode Island, and Hasbro, of course is the home of the great mister potato Head, first distributed in nineteen fifty two.
Speaker 2: Hasbro is leaving Rhode.
Speaker 4: Island after one hundred years and they're moving to Boston.
Speaker 7: Oh No.
Speaker 2: So for years that was an obstruction. Yeah, for years.
Speaker 4: If you lived in Rhode Island, you could have since two thousand and two had a mister potato Head license plate that helped raise money.
Speaker 2: For the state Food Bank.
Speaker 4: And I mean that one of the great perks to living in Rhode Island, other than being Taylor Swift's neighbor because it's a very small state and being able to read Rhode Island slut, which seems like a great newspaper that you could read in Dumb and Dumber. It's the mister Potato Head license plate. I mean, that's pretty sweet, right, I would want it. But since Hasbro has moved its headquarters to Boston, a lawmaker is issued a bill that says you can't have a mister Potato Head license plate anymore because the company has left Rhode Island.
Speaker 6: You're making happy face.
Speaker 2: The pre existing plates, of course, are still valid.
Speaker 6: Happy I think it's my favorite.
Speaker 7: It doesn't happen.
Speaker 6: I mean, it seems like it'd be at one hundred years.
Speaker 4: Hasbro, originally called Hirshfield Brothers, was in Providence and or Pawtucket, Rhode Island for over one hundred years, and just left in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean, I guess is it?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: Sour community grapes from the Rhode Islanders. Matt mister Potato had his history.
Speaker 2: Is there instruction You're supposed to go take a picture with the guy and I did. Yeah, I took a picture with the potato head that that was completed. It was on the other side of town. I had to bring that in. I kind of rent a car and drive all over Hell's Half acre.
Speaker 4: The uh, well, you don't have to do obstructions anymore, and you know low blow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the uh if you have a mister potato head plate, you have to like turn it in. No, no, it's still be a sticker still there. We're not sending you a sticky come in.
Speaker 4: But you know you end up like one of those guys with like a hot rod with the black California license plate.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I've been here a long time in California. I mean, you love those black hot rod You could buy those now.
Speaker 4: But back in the day, you know, like when you you know, you see the blue one or the white one, yeah, but when you saw the black California back on the day when I was a kid, it'd be like whoa. Uh So anyway, blue and gold were sweet. Yeah, the blue and gold that's what kind of what I grew up with. But the black was really o g and uh. Anyway, that's a situation in Rhode Island with some local bitterness.
Speaker 2: In the New Record.
Speaker 8: All right, another story here, sports stories or great sports talk a holy Cross lacrosse No, not Guardie lock bomb, but totally crossed out.
Speaker 4: Matt Okay, I was close. Matt the backward jeans of today that we all dealt with in the criss Cross another bad creation Atlanta area. And I don't know if you know this, but Atlanta is a black city. And Kevin heard Kevin Stefanski did should do her dirty? And they won't be they won't be inviting that evil white devil.
Speaker 2: Did he did he do her dirty? Did he really do it? That's what Jamil Hill says. Yeah, it didn't didn't feel like that.
Speaker 4: The backward Jeenes of today are here and it has come in the form of the upside down MLB logo. Now, the upside down MLB logo has been a thing for a while with hipsters, annoying hipsters, pseudo hipsters like the Duke of Sports who wears an LA Dodgers hat. But the LA is upside down and that is now an official thing.
Speaker 2: Matt. The MLB is leaned in and like, yeah, let's make the money off this.
Speaker 4: The new era cap site, Yeah, with all the MLB stuff says and here's what the caption is, don't play by the rules, flip the game on its head. Yeah, with just caps MLB upside Down, you can get the upside down Rockies. The cr You can get the upside down as you can get the upside down Arizona, where the A looks like a V. You can get the upside down T for the Rangers, where it looks like a wedding.
Speaker 2: D Oh yeah, let's go consummate as.
Speaker 4: The world of fashion passes us by, which just a sad commentary on us.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: You can now get every single NB excuse me, MLB logo upside down.
Speaker 6: Well, not all of them are available yet, not in New York. The ones that they have posted are already selling out. San Francisco. The upside Down s F gone Philadelphia. The upside Down P gone one of the buh it's it's backward look at musical D.
Speaker 2: It looks like it looks like a lowercase cursive d D.
Speaker 6: The Cubs backwards c still availed like a boner. The Boston Red Sox b backwards sold out. They don't have the Dodgers. They have the Mets, but no Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Sports has Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Well, he paid like nine hundred dollars for that hat because it was still that's sporty lay right. Now you can get it for forty nine. A new era in MLB It's kind of taking the coolness away, hasn't it.
Speaker 2: I would say, so, what do you mean? Well, you know, the the hipsters want to wear it because no one else can get it unless you know, to go to Sporty La on Melrose or something, you know, And it's like now that you can just buy it on the internet. All you had to do back in our time to turn your jeans backwards was turn your jeans backwards, right your pants because you know you're all backed up and you're going to the urinal and you're like, I gotta get it next and you know it's too late.
Speaker 4: I peed your pants. I'd be very interesting to see if that happened to anybody of the night. All right, man, I got one more story for you.
Speaker 8: Minor sports stories, sport, great sports talk, mar Vista.
Speaker 2: No Firefest.
Speaker 4: Remember the Firefest which yes, which fyr Yeah read incorrectly like fry Fest.
Speaker 2: At least I.
Speaker 4: Read it like that for years, fry Fest.
Speaker 2: It's f yr fire.
Speaker 4: The fire festire the Firefest. If most of you don't remember, it was a disastrous would be Caribbean concert kind of like Coachella that was a spectacular crash out About ten years ago was horrible money, collected promises, not fulfilled, terrible conditions. I think government agencies had to come in and save people.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally had to come in and save people. An epic, legendary flop.
Speaker 4: Anyway, the guy who's behind the firefest or was along with jah rule, has had some less publicized flops since. But that guy whose name is Billy McFarland says, forget about that firefest stuff and all my other failures. I will now to prove my greatness jet ski from Honduras to Venezuela.
Speaker 2: I think you might get blown out of the water. He says, he's gonna prove his greatness.
Speaker 4: He's gonna get on a jet ski and stream it live from an island off of Honduras and will jetski fifteen hundred nautical milis or miles to Venezuela, and he could be blown out of the sea, especially if he's holding trash bags of fentanol. Oh I felt like Venezuela and Honduras were closer. Fifteen hundred miles on a jet ski feels like a long way. It is, With all due respect to our geographical expert here, Tim kaits quite a trip from Central America to South America, and he may die trying.
Speaker 2: Looks like halfway to Hawaii for here going to live stream the whole thing.
Speaker 4: So he may as we all end up doing die for his art Billy McFarlane. So they might say, hey, sure the Firefest was a terrible generational flop that will never be forgotten, kind of like New Coke. But what about that second act of his life where he did successfully do what he said he was going to do. Jets Keith from Honduras to Venezuela. Just imagine the blisters. Now, he did serve less than four years in a federal huskow, so he's been toughened by j and now he's going to jet ski Honduras to Venezuela. Live good luck to hear. I mean you're mad, you're a man of the sea.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously you can't take a straight shot on a jet ski. I assume you're gonna have to hug the coast the whole way, right. I don't know, Matt on a jet ski unless you've got.
Speaker 4: I get you know, it's in the gulf there, so you know he's probably got you know.
Speaker 2: And it's Caribbean. I mean you're just cutting across the car I would assume you've got it like Hug the Central I don't know, right central American coast. So this guy might diet scene.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we'll do the lessons learning great sports.
Speaker 2: Now, Sandinistas could just shoot him off the coast. Rock your rock and he launches.
Speaker 4: I think of that Sandinista trooper leaning against a wall, wondering who's coming to help him?
Speaker 2: Right still there, voting is oozy. Hey, what happened to that Firefest guy? Cools and anist has got them. If you get into got started. If you get into the wrong waters, the clippers send you a note that says, looks like you've crossed in the forbidden territory.
Speaker 4: Well, good luck to the Firefest guy. Missing at sea would probably be the next headline. Yes, we'll be right back with.
Speaker 2: The lessons learning Great Sports talk. This is Petro Some Money on demand, Petro some Money in five to seven ELI Sports slav everywhere on the iHeartRadio. Remember we're still giving away that three day pack of tickets to Beach Live Festival back at Ronando Beach, May first through third this year. Durandran Offspring James Taylor, Chainsmoker's Joan Jet, a whole lot more Sheryl Crowe. Beachlife Festival dot com has all the information, tickets and information. So now in the end of the show, a five seventy early sports iHeartRadio, the official audio partner of the Beach Life Festival, will have a pair of three day passes if you are the correct caller between now and the end of the show, keep listening for your chance to win.
Speaker 4: And I got to admit, Matt, I feel a little differently about Beach Life itself and the promo now that I know that James Blunt was just the typo.
Speaker 7: I'm fortunate.
Speaker 2: I thought, you know, it's easily to confuse James Taylor and James blud You're right about that, and James.
Speaker 4: Brown and James Brown exactly the James gang, and James goes on and on. But still still I can't hide my disappointment. I had my heart set on going to see Blunt, and it is unfortunate that we won't be able to do so. Dodger Talk is coming up at seven o'clock. Chris Taylor and Joe Kelly. Popular names from the past, the more recent past, will join David Vasse at Evans so you can enjoy your evening with him. But right now it is time because it's Friday. We had a heck of a week. We were on the road, We had long shows for the most part. The lessons learned in Great Sports to Tim.
Speaker 6: Kates Twitter about Town Pitcher, I guess you delivered a really sick burn.
Speaker 2: With no concerns since.
Speaker 4: Yes, the lessons learned in great sports. Talk as we invite our Italian friend from Seal Beach Matt Smith and Mexican friend from the Boroughs High School, Indians live from Finney's in Burbank. Tim Kaits comes Ben Senior Kates Glaciers.
Speaker 2: Lesson what let's say on a week?
Speaker 4: Well, believe it or not, our week started out with King Day, just like yours did. But we worked and so did the college football season. It actually worked so hard it came to an end on Monday, but we weren't sweating it. We had Jeff Schwartz, the brilliant O lineman, to talk about the College Football Championship on it.
Speaker 2: He was very good, very informative.
Speaker 12: When you were a new coach, first time head coach, that's Dan Lanning it takes six years to win a championship. Look at Ryan Day year six, Kirby Smart year six. I think Dado was year seven.
Speaker 3: Even urban Meyer.
Speaker 12: Urban Meyer was on a six years a head coach when we won a championship. It takes time. It takes time. And this is year four for Lanning. It just ended forty eight and eight in four years, every year they had gone one step closer to a championship. Right, So I think this program is where we needs to be. Everyone came back, which I think it isn't even takes from Indiana said we saw twenty twenty three, Michigan twenty twenty four, Ohio State twenty twenty five, Indiana old man, old team, grown men playing out there and with nil now and as much money as are getting, guys are more or inclined to stay a little bit later. So I think it changes nothing about where Oregon's at, you know, Unfortunately, we'd love to win a championship and hoping you can get there at some points.
Speaker 2: Lessen to Lesion Nose, let's on a do way.
Speaker 4: We also had the Kyle Tucker presser. Some people it was so impactful that some people did not even know that it played. You heard it here though on A five seventy it did play. We had it and we talked about it, and Kyle Tucker went on with David Vassa and he did address of the reports that he does not have my passion to play.
Speaker 13: All love was said and written this offseason kind of questioning your like enthusiasm for baseball and your motor when you hear read stuff.
Speaker 3: I said, like, what do you think? And I guess, is there any validity to any.
Speaker 13: Of those questions? I mean, I don't read into it a whole lot. I mean I know what I I try and do out on the field and what I bring to the clubhouse, And you know, I try and do my best out there regardless of how I feel or you know, what the situation is. I'm gonna try and go out there and win games, whether it's you know, if you're struggling throughout the season, if you're able to move guys over and get you know, hit a ground ball to a second to get a guy in from third, or draw locks and make pitchers work, or make a play on defense. Like little things like that can add up to you know, a lot of a lot of wins. Throughout the season and some of some of the stuff might not show up on a scorecard, but you know, guys in the clubhouse in front office kind of notice.
Speaker 3: Little things like that.
Speaker 13: So I just try and you know, blackout noise anything like that. But I'm you know, fired up to I mean, I've been playing in the playoffs for a while now, so I mean there's nothing that really beats that and the excitement that comes with that. So I'm excited to continue that here.
Speaker 4: See, So that should be done now, right, It's been settled by Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 2: We don't have to discuss it anymore. It's very convincing. Totally.
Speaker 4: Speaking of convincing, less than three let's andres today, our friend Mick Cronin did not join the show, but he had a good enough rant in his postgame press conference that he makes the lessons learned anyway. Mick Cronin on the disappointment with UCLA and the Big Ten.
Speaker 14: So I want to thank the Big Ten for giving us five of our first seven on the road, bringing Purdue here on Thursday night, where we don't get back to in La till Saturday night, and giving us the team pick to win the league. On a two days rest, after five of our first seven on the road. I really I want to thank the Big Ten for that. Worse next year, it couldn't be much worse. Couldn't be much worse. Hey, I don't think they care about basketball. That's just my opinion. B You know, look, man, and they ain't moving the city at Los Angeles. I don't want them to. And they damn sure I ain't moving Ucla and I don't want them to. And we're in the league in the Midwest, so as that's just gonna be what it's going to be. But you ain't got to play five of your first seven on the road and then come home and get the team picked to win the league on two days rest.
Speaker 2: I had two Hall of.
Speaker 14: Fame coaches sent me a text, Why do you play Purdue tonight? I just saw you play Saturday at Ohio State. I said, I'll give you one better. They've been here since Thursday.
Speaker 4: I thought Don McClain was very insightful about that earlier in the show.
Speaker 2: Indeed, some gray area there I think about how McK feels, you know, I'm just not quite sure which side of the fence he's on. Tell me how you really feel lesson four Lesion clod throw Les.
Speaker 4: Dave Roberts joined the Shell because you know, the Dodgers came together, so we had to deploy our interviewing skills to Dave Roberts, Fred and Rodney gott Golmes. Dave Roberts talked about his favorite thing during the handshaking parade that has common all the different trips he's done after the World's Best part of his World Series off season.
Speaker 2: Right here from Dave Roberts.
Speaker 15: Sorry, that's right. No, you know what, I actually had the privilege of playing there once before. I just got up there and just ripped it and I hit the fairway on my first tea shot, but then my game went south from there, so I don't know. I guess I just got to get up there and rip it every single time I get on the tea box.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and Matt knows what it's like to tee off and Augusta, so I do not Augusta Augusta kitchen Pott in Cyprus.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, that's right, true, that's exactly right, never going back there. It's a co track.
Speaker 4: Less than five Lexion, let's on a chink Wi the mayor of Irvine. What a prince. Larry Agrin brought something special for us yesterday which we hung up on the very first segment of the show. What a moment on The Pettersen Money Show as our fame grows and Southern California and the wall knows.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Larry.
Speaker 10: Hey, I've got a what No, I got a certificate for you. What we have I've got a certificate signed by.
Speaker 2: Me person No lot of our dream is coming.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 10: This is in recognition. City of Irvine recognizes The Petros and Money Show with deepest appreciation for your continued dedication to engaging and connecting the Southern California community through live remote broadcasts. Your efforts to include civic leaders and showcase local jurisdictions demonstrate exceptional community involvement and a strong commitment to fostering pride, unity, and a sense of belonging. Your work plays a vital role in strengthening the bonds within our community. Thank you for your valuable contributions to the City of Irvine and its residents.
Speaker 2: Wow, that scratches.
Speaker 4: God, that's wonderful, mister mayor, what an on beautiful?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 10: Yeah, listen, I don't beautifully. I don't want to see that auction.
Speaker 2: On that No. Congratulations, guys, congratulate Tim, Thank you, Jim.
Speaker 4: It's only slightly slightly tainted with the fact that you asked for it.
Speaker 2: But Agrin was so good and it was brought it anyway. Pee, I don't think there's any question he would have brought it anyway. The office knows us through far Farah Khan, Don Winslow, the OC supervised. I mean, we've really made some inroads into the city of Or. If we were to set up shop in Irvine, Man, we'd get our Del Taco and no time, no time at all. How are those two things connected. I don't I don't know. I don't know. I'm trying to get these things to work. You know, you got to get people that can move and shake, you know.
Speaker 4: Either it's going to take the Bus Brothers months to recover from the impact of that article to even come up for air again and think about buying us our Del Taco for no good reason.
Speaker 6: I just couldn't stop thinking about his comment. He said that they're bigger than the city at Pittsburgh, and I kept thinking of Dave damashak Is, Like, hey, Pally.
Speaker 2: Maybe in population and genie p but not in popularity and character. Yeah, not in heart.
Speaker 6: Okay, not not in heart and soul. You can have your del taco. I'll take the Penguins pally. I really, I really was like, Wow, that's gotta hurt. Uh, that's gotta hurt guys like Damashack. Yeah, when Irvine's just sitting down there with their roundabouts is waved.
Speaker 2: Off, nonchalant Larry Agrin like, no, you know, we're bigger than Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. I did notice that Cincinnati was not large when I was there. It's an odd city. It really is an odd Pittsburgh feels big. You're right, Cincinnati does not feel big.
Speaker 4: Well, Pittsburgh has three rivers. Yeah, and Cincinnati just has that.
Speaker 2: One, just the one, the Ohio River. See that that's Kentucky, less than six the next own sis. Let's say what I say. We actually do have.
Speaker 4: Dave Damashak's very very angry answer on the High Speed Sports Wire for less than six after he learned that Irvine was the bigger city than his home, the beloved Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 7: And I'm running away from home.
Speaker 2: My parents are me. Will you go I'm not sure that I'll show him.
Speaker 8: That's right, you'll show him how I mean, you can be, Damashak.
Speaker 2: Isn't it better to try to solve problems instead of running away from him? I could try talking to my parents again. Yeah, tell him how you feel and remember running away.
Speaker 5: He's nowhere now I know, and really is half the battle.
Speaker 4: Joe, Hey, you Damashak. Don't run away from the fact that Pittsburgh is a small city with a big heart. No, and we'll be back with more chose in money. Two more hours of great sports talk Quinton Lake, Matt Smith, NFL dissertation, Get your tape ready, and then the Thicker Kicker Harrison Nevis All coming up in the NFL Hour of Power.
Speaker 2: And now you know, and knowing is half the battle.