Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadae.
Speaker 3: Gus terrible person, he's the worst, and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 3: Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadae Gus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: And me back there.
Speaker 4: Matt's back there said it was the grand prize.
Speaker 2: You see all we have left?
Speaker 4: Then you see me one pair of vans and black Matt Lioner and a broken case.
Speaker 3: Mama Mia CD you all feel make.
Speaker 5: What is it matter if the case is broken? When the music's so sweet? Mama Mia whatday? Who wants the Mama Mia CD? Sit be here, get over here. He already won the Buffalo trace. Yeah, he could put the talk about going home.
Speaker 2: Aaron. Give the guy, I mean, what a big one.
Speaker 5: Give the guy in the Critos Polo with his grandkids, the Dewey surf Rock.
Speaker 2: There you go, we are allowing tell you're right there you.
Speaker 4: Go at the BJ's Restaurant in Bruw House and Restaurant in Cerritos. We could not be more excited to be here. Miss January hosts. She is so kind to have us and it's a reminder that happy hours going until seven pm.
Speaker 2: What am I walking away with?
Speaker 5: And Matt Critos mugs from the Critos Mayor Frank Yoka Yama, his honorable he just left. Frank Yoka Yama.
Speaker 4: His daughter McKenna was the Clipper team member of the Month in December after we shouted her out at the start of December.
Speaker 5: Coincidence, No, and Matt and I were also given oranges. Yes, so we each have one orange and one mug. It's quite a combo for us. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: Oh and one tub of cheese balls Brazilian cheese balls. Very nice. So we're going away with some stuff as.
Speaker 5: We never leave empty handed. I got a ten dollars gift certificate to Jolly B. So thank you for being here, Thank you all of you for staying in there. We're going to be here till seven. The game continues as Trinidad Chambliss is praying on the sideline with his mother it seems, and we are looking forward to Dodger Talk with Ward Ryan Ward, the big Dodger prospect and Max Munsey, MVP of the PCL joining David Vesay. Nothing gets by you, No Nothing, joined David Vasse. In the next hour, Dave joined us in the last segment. We also talked to the great Joe Hortiz Chargers GM. He was very personable, always great to talk to. And James Worthy at three or four or thirty we talked to Worthy. So all of that can be podcasts on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone when the show is over. A big thank you to Tim Kits, our executive producer, and of course our production engineer, Ronnie Fossio at Ronnie Fossio on Twitter. He posts the playlist and it's all right there. Thank you so much everybody. But we are on for one more hour and it's now time for the final hour fun fact.
Speaker 2: It's the Yeah We're Three.
Speaker 4: Fun fun Fact brought to you by Concordi University of Your Vines, Masters in Coaching and Athletics Administration at program with a several Olympic athletes, former NFL players of many of the best college and high school coaches across the nation have in common. They are graduates and current students in Concordia University of Your Vines Masters in Coaching and Athletics Administration program. Find out more at CUI dot edu slash coaching. Your fun fact the pizza fun fact for you. We like to do those when we are in the BJ's restaurant in brew House.
Speaker 2: People love to pizza.
Speaker 5: I see people ordering big Pizzasza Delicious. I've been picking pepperonis off January's pizza.
Speaker 4: That's the brand new Mike's Hot Honey, Dave's Hot Honey, Frank's Hot Honey. Who is it Mike's Hot Honey Special, It's delicious. Pizza fun Fact, May twenty second, twenty ten.
Speaker 5: Come matter with you, Matt, Don't you know Mike Mike is the hot Honey Guy. On May twenty second, two thousand and ten, a programmer in Florida named Laslow Haygnettes offered ten thousand bitcoin on a public form for a couple of pizzas to be delivered to his home A teenager in the UK, Jeremy Sturtevant accepted the offer, ordered two large Papa John's pizzas for Laslow using a credit card. It cost him about twenty five dollars. He received the ten thousand bitcoins in exchange. Today those are worth nine hundred ten million dollars.
Speaker 2: Why do I work? Why? Why? Why do I do this for a living? Why do I drop ten million dollars?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: Why do I put gas in my car with a credit card? And I hate myself and everybody?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Stupid UK? Limey teenager?
Speaker 4: Nine hundred and ten million dollars, two pizzas.
Speaker 5: Time for quick hits? Face Matt will be in this quick hits. I'll make it quick, y'all.
Speaker 2: Do only you're paying attention to that public form? Would be your time? Tenn That's what i've what we said. Why am I not on the public forum?
Speaker 5: Semi finals of the playoffs right now in PHONEX.
Speaker 2: Seventeen to ten, Miami, but ole missus driving. I love this game and I love my pick.
Speaker 4: You have Miami minus three and the over and the over fifty two and a half.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow in Atlanta, it's Indiana versus Oregon in the other semi final playoff game, the Hoosiers three and a half point faves. How about this, Demon Williams might be coming back to Washington because things got so ugly. But USC true freshman five star quarterback who saw on Long Street is going to enter the NCAA transfer portal. The true freshman from Corona Centennial flipped from Texas A and M to USC last December, but hardly played this last season. Didn't play at all. The bowl game utilized his red shirt season. He's got four years Well maybe Lane Kiffen Watson. You know now that he doesn't have Demon Williams, but Demon Williams has proven as a year and a half starter.
Speaker 2: Who saw on Long Street. He doesn't have that kind of experience, just even a chance. He's got a street. Oh that would have been a pick six and it's quite long, all right. I can see that you are distracted.
Speaker 4: No, it's just right over your shoulder. Nearly a pick six from Trinidad Shambliss.
Speaker 5: Tamon Williams Parris State junior is headed back to Washington. As we said in the last week, he signed a new nil pissed off the University of Washington. I announced he was going into the portal during a funeral for somebody in the athletic department. Now he's returning to play for the Huskies. Washington coach Jed Fish said, Demon and I have engaged in very honest and heartfelt conversations about his present and future. We both agree that the University of Washington is the best place for him to continue his academic, athletic and social development. I appreciate Demon's statements, I support him, and we will work together to begin the process of repairing relationships and regaining the trust of the Husky community. Translated into we were going to sue him into oblivion, and he wasn't going to be able to keep most of those millions of dollars, so he decided to stay here, keep his four million dollars, take the millions that we're giving to him here.
Speaker 4: Yes, and he's a really good quarterback, so we're going to go ahead, and oh, look at that.
Speaker 2: This guy's got a leg and a half. Man. Sheeeesze pee, that's helping. You're over now.
Speaker 4: You got to get to fifty two and a half and you got thirty at the break.
Speaker 2: Another coach fired today, Matt Yes, Mike McDaniel.
Speaker 4: Many suspected that McDaniel was safe until the firing of coach Harbaugh. John Harbaugh was tied to the Dolphins as soon as he was relieved of his duties in Baltimore. So Mike McDaniel, Oh, you think like Baltimore Colts had Don Shula go from Miami up to the Colts, that it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Flip exactly right time. It's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Mike McDaniel took the Dolphins to back to back postseasons.
Speaker 2: That was the first time that had been done in all the twenty years.
Speaker 5: Sexy with his cool pants, he said, his high riding, cool clam diggers.
Speaker 4: His burnout looking face with his super cool glasses, his long stringy.
Speaker 2: Hair, part African American, you know, flippant attitude at the pressers.
Speaker 4: But you know, he turned Tua into the league's passing leader one year and sent him to the Pro Bowl twice. So maybe he will find himself another head coaching game. Maybe he won't. Stephen Ross has ties to the Harbaugh family because he's a Michigan guy. So a lot of people are tying John Harbaugh to the Miami Dolphins. The Chargers getting ready for their wild Card game versus the Patriots.
Speaker 2: We talked to Jo Ortiz at five o'clock.
Speaker 4: Dortiz joined us at the top of the hour. A three and a half point underdog. The Rams are decided favorites the largest spread of the weekend as they travel to Carolina. They have the lunchtime game there on Saturday. Ten and a half point road favorites and all nine Major League Baseball teams televised by fan Duel Sports Network, also known as the main Street Sports Group also main Street Bitch, formerly We're the Real Boy, the Balley's formerly the Regionals. They have terminated their contracts with the broadcaster. That would be the Braves, the Reds, the Tigers, the Royals, the Angels, the Marlins, Brewers, Cardinals, and the Rays. Deals can be renegotiated. They are also free now to do deals with other cable providers.
Speaker 2: They're free to do what they want.
Speaker 4: I did not realize that the Braves were no longer you know, like the TVs not, which was sort of their deal for Atlanta. The national brand that.
Speaker 5: Is bad was before the Marlin showed up and the Tampa Bay Rays and other Southern teams came in and said Hey, hey, we're in the South too, right, can't stop us for.
Speaker 4: Beerro I guess for us. Good luck to the Angels and trying to figure out. I believe they got like a billion and a half dollars or something like that for their TV deal from Fox Sports when that thing was signed with Ardi Mourno like ten twelve years ago.
Speaker 5: I hope they figure it out, Matt, But in real life, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 5: The Lakers are twenty unless somebody wants to hire me, and in that case, I am the mailer or whatever you want to do. Twenty three I mean the concierges down there working. I think sure they're twenty three and twelve. They got crushed in San Anton last night and Lebron's a total bitch. But still no, he was running from the Spurs. We all know he was back to back. It's got a bunch of ailments that you're playing against the Spurs and help your team instead of going and playing against New Orleans and patting your stats.
Speaker 3: I think the Lakers can win it.
Speaker 4: Stating your pads, stat your pads, dude, don't pad your stats.
Speaker 2: Stat your pads.
Speaker 5: They missed three of their starters, including Lebron who didn't want to play second game of the back to back. The Lakers back at it tomorrow versus the Milwaukee Buck.
Speaker 2: I think the Lakers can win it, but it's not good.
Speaker 5: It's possible that they could win it. The Clippers are thirteen and twenty three.
Speaker 2: Matt. You know, I said all Star break and I cursed them. You did.
Speaker 5: They lost to the Knicks last night. Now they're ten under and they play in Brooklyn tomorrow against the Nets. There's two different teams in the Tri state area. There four point thirty pm tip off right here on AM five seventy.
Speaker 3: I think the Lakers win it.
Speaker 2: LA Sports. It's not a Laker game, so no.
Speaker 3: I think the Lakers go win.
Speaker 5: Not playing. You can't win if you ain't playing. So the game is at halftime, Yes, dude, we made it all the way to halftime, made it all the way to the half.
Speaker 2: We might even get a little sliver of twenty five metal, sliver of the second half sign a little, just small.
Speaker 4: It's it's a black moon, just to sliver the moon is showing. We still have to give away black. Matt Lioner and a pair of Vans that's what's left.
Speaker 5: That's I think. I think this is the moment for Blinder right for sure, this is the moment for blind people to rile.
Speaker 4: And then we'll do the vans Uh right after we do Dead and the Live Guy Birthday, which is what we're doing next.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. All right, Ronnie, we'll be right back with more great sports talk.
Speaker 3: I think the Lakers can win it.
Speaker 5: We're gonna give away Blinder, We're gonna do Dead and Alive, and then we're gonna say good night.
Speaker 2: We haven't done a.
Speaker 5: Four hour remote in a while, but Matt and I can stretch our legs so long, like when Miyama that doesn't mean nothing to us. Just sprint right through it like it ain't nothing. Like Forrest Gup. He never gets tired when he's.
Speaker 2: Read all just run forever. We'll be back. Because we're not stupid.
Speaker 3: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you.
Speaker 1: Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android auto Hoddler.
Speaker 2: Everybody, what's cracking?
Speaker 5: We're almost done, and you hug in you've shown your sack. I do see some people leaving the black Matt Liner doll went to a white guy from Loyola. Perfect, Yeah, absolutely perfect, that makes sense. A big thank you to Bert, our on site engineer. A big thank you to Dave We's, our promotions director, is here looking miserable. A big thank you to Matt dem Becky, our social media guy. Big thank you to January, our beautiful BJ's liaison who treats us so well, so well that wherever she says you guys gotta go, we go.
Speaker 2: That's true story.
Speaker 4: With bells on, we are gonna have one more BJ's remote before we call it a BJ season. That'll be two weeks from today. As a matter of fact, we'll be our next BJ's remote.
Speaker 2: And our promotions guys did a heck.
Speaker 4: Of a joshit they always do, they always do, and so did the mayor, Frank Yokayama, and you too, Sylvia.
Speaker 2: Oh she's gone, she did leave, she did leave. But Matt, right now, it's time for the dead guy.
Speaker 4: Birthday of the Day, Ronnie, I forgot to send in a song. If you have Phantom Planets California, as we've played it the other day that will Suffice.
Speaker 2: How was that karaoke version we played the other day?
Speaker 4: Interesting story behind our dead guy. California's third governor, John Bigler born eighteen o five Carlisle, Pennsylvania. Neither he nor his younger brother William, received formal education, but John was an ardent reader. He took it upon himself the tutor's younger brother, William, who had become the governor of Pennsylvania. They worked in the printing trade from the time they were pre teenagers, made and saved enough money to buy the Centered Democrat in neighboring Bellefonte, Pennsylvania. He became its editor for a half decade before selling the rag so he could attend law school.
Speaker 5: That's a cool way to say newspaper, though, but no one knows it anymore because newspaper is no longer exist.
Speaker 2: It's unfortunate. So John is practice in law.
Speaker 4: When word reaches his town in eighteen forty eight about the California gold Rush, he leaves. He lines up a few law practices he can join. When he reaches Sacramento in forty nine, the firms he had contacted had no jobs available, so he's working manual labor and then the area's first general election is announced. He decides to run get into politics easily won a seat in the California State Assembly as a Democrat. With his education, with his big Grant brain, his assent was fast. Within a year, he was Speaker of the Assembly. Eighteen fifty one, he was nominated by the Dems as their choice for governor and the first election after achieving statehood. His platform straight anti immigration. Chinese folks were coming to California working at a considerably reduced wage. He won but just a little over one thousand votes and still remains the closest gubernatorial election in California history. He protected the mining industry from leasing to outside monopolies. He ushered in an era of industrialization. He paid vigilanties for quote expeditions against the Indians all around. Bad Guy enacted policy to prevent Chinese immigrants from entering the state, charging them fifty bucks ahead within three days of their arrival if they wanted to stay. It was overturned by the California Supreme Court. He did, however, do some good. He fended off the Lacompton Democrats who pushed for slavery to be accepted in the state. He formed the Free Soil Democrat Party to push back against that and ended up winning a second tournament.
Speaker 2: Office a good job. There.
Speaker 4: Those are the politics. P here's the interesting stuff with Bigler.
Speaker 5: You know a Democrat in the eighteen fifties. You're thinking that guy buy on some slaves, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Bigler was governor when they were looking for a state capital. He accepted Mariano Vallejo's suggestion of his town Vallejo, to be the capitol. But when they showed up, he was like, this place sucks. We can't be the capitol. So then Sacramento was like, we don't suck, come over here. They went to Sacramento. There was a huge flood and he's like we got to get out of here, and uh, Benisia said we'll be the capitol.
Speaker 5: There's a flood in Sacramento because they built all their stuff by the river that kept rising right, and the Chinese people were like one hundred yards back, like what's wrong with you guys.
Speaker 2: You're all idiots. You're just thinking flooding like one hundred times. So they go to Benisia and he's like this place sucks.
Speaker 4: So they go back to Sacramentoigler makes it California's capital. In eighteen fifty four, he lost his attempt at a third term. And now here's the real fun stuff. In eighteen fifty four, the Democratic Majority named what is now Lake Tahoe lake Bigler to honor him. At the time, it was called Lake Fremont, named after the guy that discovered it in eighteen.
Speaker 5: Forty half Finder Fremont, who was on the Republican side of the Civil War as a general until fired by Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 4: So he's got Lake Fremont. They're like, no, it's Lake Bigler. Because he was a polarizing politician, a lot of people didn't want his name on anything. So in eighteen sixty two it's unofficially renamed Lake Tahoe, which is the word for water in a high place by the local tribe of Native Americans.
Speaker 5: Okay, I was going to ask that, and it's what you read. I'm glad you had that.
Speaker 4: So half the maps read Tahoe. The other half of the maps in circulation read Lake Bigler. Mark Twain Wade. In writing, people say that Tahoe means silver lake or falling leaf. Bosh it means grasshopper, soup, the favorite dish of the Digger tribe in.
Speaker 2: The Paiutes as well. Geez.
Speaker 4: It took until nineteen forty five before it was settled. When the California State Legislature officially named it Lake Tahoe nineteen forty five. It was till then a lot of people still called it Lake Bigler, biggler than Dirk Diggler.
Speaker 2: And nothing about that. He would have been two twenty one today, John Bigler.
Speaker 5: I wonder if he's got any relation to our promotions, guy Johnny, No, no, he says, no. What about Mike who still holds a grudge that about West Covina.
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk about it. Nothing to do with us, nothing to do with us, all right?
Speaker 5: Beating out Oaks Christian and UCLA product for your live guy birthday other day, beating out Zach.
Speaker 2: Charbonnet, running the heck out of the ball in cel Is Christy Lane.
Speaker 5: She's eighty six from Peoria, Illinois, same count as Ralph Lawler.
Speaker 1: Ooh.
Speaker 5: Christy married a salesman in Peoria at the age of nineteen and blew out three of his kids.
Speaker 2: Her husband heard her singing.
Speaker 5: Her husband really kind of did everything he heard her singing once while she was cooking, and he was like, she could be a country star, So he became her full time manager. She didn't have much success, I mean a little bit of success. He took her to Vietnam to perform, thinking like of doing a bunch of USO shows would help her. She was traumatized like no other. She was standing right next to a soldier who was shot and slumped over right in front of her. The whole experience traumatized her. She wanted to quit singing, but her husband convinced her to stay. She was really in the es moved to Nashville in the early seventies, and by nineteen seventy seven had a major hit with let Me Down Easy. She then signed with United Artists and did songs based towards the Christian market, and that really blew her up. Now a little bit of a problem here. Her husband went to jail on federal charges for bribery nobly, but while he was in prison, he figured, I can still exploit my wife from behind these bars, where he wrote her biography that has become a best seller still.
Speaker 2: On this day.
Speaker 5: What are you working on nothing? My wife's Christian biography? While I'm here in federal prison. He sold millions of copies named after one of her songs, One Day at a Time. That's how I handle federal prison.
Speaker 2: My wife.
Speaker 5: She had that song one Day at a Time, which was a huge success. It was a Chris Christofferson song that she had a lot of success. That's what that's this. Lots of her songs and the book are sold mostly due to Christian.
Speaker 2: Cable television in its time.
Speaker 5: Like Benny Henton, maybe even before that, Christian and country pop that ruled the late seventies and early eighties, little before Benny Hen's time. And she's still around today, eighty six years old. Christy Lane, some titles for you, Matt, if you want to try to keep it interactive.
Speaker 2: What do we got? Shake me, I rattle, slip it up, slip it around?
Speaker 5: What this is the first time I see the last time on your face? And the final song from Christy Lane's great career, Jesus is a soul man.
Speaker 2: I can get behind that. Thank you, everybody.
Speaker 5: I believe that's what they called double on. Tendre there, double on? Did the game come back on yet?
Speaker 2: Not yet?
Speaker 5: Who's performing at halftime? Joonasy? Yes, and Troup Troop luther Is performed the Van Rosses perform.
Speaker 2: Luther's Gonna perform. Get the f out my ho ho ho ha ha ha.
Speaker 5: That's when music was music, face down, ass up, All right, We'll be back with Mark Petrosen Money on A F five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: Remember that song we all used to listen Send Miami's playing right now.
Speaker 5: It playing as loud as we could well say goodbye next Thanks everybody.
Speaker 3: Hello, PMS listener.
Speaker 1: Did you know AM five seventy LA sports has a wide range of LA sports.
Speaker 3: There's Rogan and Rodney. That one is my favorite, Dodger.
Speaker 1: Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Muscle, follow us all and many more.
Speaker 3: Just go to A five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio AP.
Speaker 5: Mercifully coming to an end is Petra send money and a big good night to everybody. Our friend, the Airline Captain Chuck.
Speaker 2: The Asian Hedge, Fun Ryan office Chair, Nathan.
Speaker 5: Nathan really hanging in the whole time, YEP, super Beard, Suspenders Guy, Kevin Alabama Roll tiede Kevin Yeah, Kevin Rell tied with the Acbar masks. Sorry about the shoes. I'll get you back on the next one. The guys from Loyola, those three white.
Speaker 4: Boys, It's says.
Speaker 2: Everybody here at the bar.
Speaker 5: We had a great time, right Mike and Johnny and Promotions doing wonderful work for us. Bert our engineer, Dave Weish, January from BJS, Mac dem Becky our social media guy, and Ronnie holding it down back in Burbank.
Speaker 2: We will be back on tomorrow at one o'clock one to three thirty tomorrow Flex Alert one to.
Speaker 5: Three point thirty show and we will get to the great sports talk that you want. You can also podcast today's show. There is a lot of content there. Four hours of live stuff with James Worthy and Joe Ortiz and a very petulant especially toward the City of Cerrito's David Vasse, not to mention Frank Yoka Yama, the mayor and.
Speaker 4: Yoka Yama take in a subtle shot at the City of Downey saying that their BJ's remote could not pack the house like his Ciritos remote can. Yeah, which I would assume next time we go to Downey, Oh miss field goal that when we go to Downey, the Downy Mayor is going to want to push back. Can we announce our next BJ's because I think we want.
Speaker 2: To start playing. Is that okay? January? Can we do that? All right?
Speaker 5: Our next remote, which will be our final BJ's remote of this calendar year, although we come back, you know, in twenty twenty six in September, but it will be you know, the last one for this season football season, for this football season is the twenty second, and it's been moved to the Marketplace at Irvine because that's such a special Oh you love it, don't you, Nathan? You know that much. Andy Duffrain coming out of prison. It's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 4: And what that means is, Larry Agrin, the pressure is on. Oh god, you got a two week heads up, mister Mayor, and you sent us a note saying if you had earlier warning, you would have showed up the last time we were there.
Speaker 2: Well, here is two weeks, Larry Agrin. You're on the clock.
Speaker 5: Very gratifying to be here for four hours and to be with the listeners for four hours.
Speaker 2: Agron's on the clock. David Vasse is up next.
Speaker 5: He's got Max Munsey and Ryan Ward on an off season hot stove, Dodger talk night.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the game everybody, and thank you to BJS.
Speaker 5: What a great company at a great restaurant location here in Serrigos.
Speaker 2: Love you,