Speaker 1: Good morning, lighty gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I woke up yesterday morning with us free of us to start later, please, I could never know what the day was us forward.
Speaker 3: Listen up. The Raadys just came in for last month. We are number one.
Speaker 4: We just grabbed every key demogram.
Speaker 3: Yeah, super duper. That's nice. Fight a goo nito gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 5: It is the twenty fourth day of November twenty twenty five. Good morning everybody, and welcome to Monday morning on the Power Trip Morning Show. What a game yesterday. Huh jeez, Louise. Happy Thanksgiving week, everybody. You know what We'll do our best to turn that round upside down. We got Mussman, we got Ben Lieber, and we got a cast one thousands, and we got the Power Trips twenty fourth birthday coming up at the Mall of America seventy nine this Friday for Black Friday. Let's do some shopping, right, Let's spend enough money that we forget about our problems with our favorite purple squad. Here's some comedy from Robert Kelly. Come on in now. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 6: Like I'm a fatty. When I say fatty, I don't mean physically. You don't have to be a thousand pounds to be a fatty. I can see fatty in your faces. You don't have you just give you with somebody and they stop eating. They're just done, And that's that's you. You're a I'm done.
Speaker 5: Whoa? But this food?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: What about that food?
Speaker 3: I'm done?
Speaker 5: I know, but I'm done too?
Speaker 3: But this food?
Speaker 5: Are you taking that home? No? I can I have that?
Speaker 6: Is that me?
Speaker 5: That's a superhero?
Speaker 3: But you ever, even somebody they just stop eating. It's like, how do you do that? Are your parents still together?
Speaker 5: Who tell you that?
Speaker 3: That's an amazing food?
Speaker 5: If I could be a superhero, I be.
Speaker 3: I'm dumb man. In the middle of every.
Speaker 5: Meal, I'm done.
Speaker 3: My wife is one of those.
Speaker 6: My wife is one of those stuff In the middle of a meal, She's like, I'm full.
Speaker 5: And I'm just chowing, and then she's like, honey, aren't you full too?
Speaker 3: I've been full for.
Speaker 6: Twenty minutes, but the pain from my childhood still exists in my chest.
Speaker 5: So I usually eat until that guys, my Bill Zepper, I like the Alaskan pipeline.
Speaker 1: The fairs side, sweet and feet us on your side. You hear the distance under this in your stray.
Speaker 7: That's a take.
Speaker 8: Monday, November twenty fourth of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: At least we have a good hockey team.
Speaker 8: But yeah, that was bad twenty three to six to the Green Bay Packers and saw. Seventeen hours ago you tweeted a picture of Christian Ponder.
Speaker 3: I mean that might be an insult at this point through.
Speaker 8: Sixteen hours ago you tweeted, it's over. Yeah, I stand by that was that. The game, was that, the season, was that McCarthy's career.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 8: Was it?
Speaker 3: The universe? Just a time?
Speaker 5: It's time over.
Speaker 8: I think it's a little bit of ABCD and E.
Speaker 5: That's a long way down the alphabet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Fifteen hours ago you tweeted what period a period, efinge period clown show.
Speaker 9: I was watching Welcome to Dreary.
Speaker 3: That's not a thing, isn't it? No deary, no dirry, Wow, slurry murray. Let's not get slurry just because you don't know the name of the town.
Speaker 9: No, it was after the guy dropped the bar back on Twitter.
Speaker 5: Got slurry last night?
Speaker 3: Yeah, people did. Yeah, I bet they did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they sure did.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that wasn't good.
Speaker 8: H Fifteen hours ago you tweeted twenty one weeks to the NFL Draft, top ten pick, here we come.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I stand by that. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Fifteen hours ago you tweeted throw the bleeping ball, throw the damn tiele?
Speaker 3: Yeah that was uh after I uh the play to C. J. Hammond Aaron Jones couldn't be completed? Do you feel blame?
Speaker 5: Are you mad?
Speaker 1: Do you feel like Wolfsbob fantage furtish book?
Speaker 5: Keep googled a get up. As you can tell, it was a weird press conference.
Speaker 3: Who which is? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Fifteen hours ago you tweeted down fourteen and running the ball? Is this the KOC prevent offense? Patrick Roycey? Yeah, I mean that was I think that's about all we could do it, though.
Speaker 5: What'd you want him to do in the game?
Speaker 11: I mean, I love that well, I mean the kids out there trying to slugging R Trician Potter probably here, I mean here has lots of Hey.
Speaker 8: Right after that, you posted a picture of fifteen hours ago of some random quarterback.
Speaker 3: Who's that one? That's JP? That's J. P. Losman.
Speaker 5: I wasn't sure who that was. That's a deep cut.
Speaker 3: That is a deep cut.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm like, I know that face, but I would have never remembered the name JP, Like, how do I know this guy?
Speaker 3: How do I figure out who this is? Yeah, that's JP.
Speaker 5: It's a flattering picture of him.
Speaker 3: No, just next it looks like he's point two.
Speaker 5: It looks like that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it looks like he was standing there and they were like, hey, by the way, today's team pictures.
Speaker 3: He's like, well, I went out till six morning last.
Speaker 5: It looks like the lady said, Tom stands down where you play?
Speaker 8: That sas fifteen hours ago, you retweeted a John Kreesel tweet. Criesel tweeted drafting has been a disaster under crazy a DOPAMENSA. Multiple years of missus left the Vikings with an old, overpaid roster and zero depth. That's the biggest problem. Yet he got an extension this offseason.
Speaker 9: I mean, I think I think John Kriesel speaks for a lot of us. I mean, I think you have an issue now where you have an overpriced roster that you're supposed to have all the flexibility you can.
Speaker 3: But they thought, and rightfully so.
Speaker 9: After last year that they had a pro they had a super Bowl team, and they thought the quarterback was ready, and I don't. After six games, I don't think he is. So now, not only do you not have the quarterback solved, you have an old, overpriced.
Speaker 8: Roster which you can change pretty quickly. Of course, it's become so many as I think all of them. Yeah, so I mentioned fifteen hours you tweeted a picture of a quarterback who I wasn't exactly sure who it was. It ended up being JP Lowsman. Yeah, it was fifteen hours ago. Fourteen hours ago you tweeted the same picture again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Uh, fifteen hours ago you tweeted a retweeted a Brandon Maleski tweet. I know McCarthy is young and inexperienced, but he's getting worse every game. True, I'm not wrong, he's not wrong. I feel protected when Tenn and I have the same thoughts. Yeah, it's not good. Doesn't mean he's a bad guy.
Speaker 3: It's just not good.
Speaker 5: I know what you're thinking.
Speaker 3: You can't have four yards in the second half.
Speaker 5: You're thinking you wish we had Shader Sanders, that's what you're thinking.
Speaker 3: I mean, he was good against a really really really bad team.
Speaker 9: I mean, no, they could have drafted him, but they thought, like a lot of us did, and rightfully so thought JJ McCarthy was the guy and they didn't need anybody else.
Speaker 5: What's going on do you think with me?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 5: If enough time, no, no, no.
Speaker 8: This is gonna be an interesting uh like post mortem though, like if this thing goes really south, let's just say it just doesn't work out. And he's a giant bust spread and he's a super spreader. If we go back, now, if we go back and when when he got drafted by the Vikings and everybody said, well, the kid barely threw it in college, like well and then they you know, the comeback was well, they didn't really need to they were winning. They just handed the ball off. But he did really well when he was asked to throw it, but he didn't really throw it that much that it was probably a red flag that even though you're Michigan, even though you're winning the national championship, not throwing it much. Yeah, So the kid might be a quote winner, he might be a good leader. I think he has so many things that you want in your quarterback. The one thing that it looks like he doesn't have is the ability to throw the ball accurately.
Speaker 3: Here's go ahead.
Speaker 5: And that is the thing about it. If he just did what he did in Michigan, I'd be fine with that. Hand the ball off and then when we have an opportunity to throw a couple of short passes, do it. Yeah, you know, let go of the ball. But it just looks like, as the young Stephen King likes to say, he's forgotten the face of his father, he forgets, he's forgotten amidst all the other stuff that he now has to remember. He's forgotten. Oh, yeah, that's right, it's just football.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, the other thing Stephen King likes to say is welcome to Drury.
Speaker 5: He does say that, Yeah, he does. Well, he doesn't drink anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I don't know the latest Stephen King show. Anybody that's watching it? Is it good?
Speaker 5: I haven't started yet. I'm gonna I'm gonna. I just I'm too wrapped up in football.
Speaker 8: Trailers look exactly like the movie. I mean, it's it's this identical.
Speaker 5: Orgy story, is what I've been told exactly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Penny Wise gets into a gigantic orgy and yeah, and it's weird.
Speaker 3: Name of that town is whatever.
Speaker 5: You know, I can't watch it on a plane. If it's an orgy, sure he can. You know I can't watch clown orgies on planes anymore. That's the Viking specifically, I said, please stop doing that. It's walked out. Yeah, what did you watch last night? What I watched last night?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I watched A Year without Santa Claus is the only thing that could make me feel good on that flight on the way home. You know, it's a it's a it's a short flight.
Speaker 3: It's called the Year without Santa Claus.
Speaker 5: Yeah you've seen it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've seen it.
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 3: It's one.
Speaker 5: I'm mister heat miser.
Speaker 8: Yeah, never saw it. It works here justin Meser. Yeah, nope, Year without Santa Claus. It's like a nice way of describing the Vikings draft every year for like the last four years.
Speaker 5: Wow, you are the guy who haunts me on Twitter, aren't you? You just use a bunch of different fake names.
Speaker 3: I wish I had a burner account. I don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I wish I had that guy's real name.
Speaker 3: What guy's real name?
Speaker 5: The guy who haunts me on Twitter and using a bunch of different addresses.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I have one of those. Yeah, how do you know it's just one guy. How do you know it's not multiple guys. I have my source, you have your sources. It's yeah, I have the same thing. It's the same thing, over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: Why don't you just block him?
Speaker 5: Then moving makes another account?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well then blockdown and move on. Block down and block down and move on. Yeah that's what I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I didn't realize you had all the answers. What's wrong with J. J.
Speaker 3: McCarthy. Yeah, you can't throw the ball?
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 8: No, it is kind of fun when he throws it one thousand miles an hour and he airmails it.
Speaker 3: It is fun to see how far over the receiver it goes. That's a fun game.
Speaker 8: Yeah, whoa, it's like there it goes, and it's I wanted, like Chris Berman to go like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah man, that was you know what?
Speaker 8: So like again, of course, my dad, My dad was sending me a text yesterday like I don't think the kids got it, and I'm like, ah no, dad, uh. And my point to him when we were talking sports back and forth.
Speaker 3: On texts, which is fun.
Speaker 8: Yeah, It's kind of like we said before this season, if the thesis statement for the year is, what do we got?
Speaker 3: Do we have a quarterback?
Speaker 8: Whether the season goes really well or really bad, Let's just find out if this is the guy. Obviously so far right now, it does not look like that there's still some.
Speaker 3: Time to play.
Speaker 8: Quickly, I'm very very quickly giving up because it looks like it's going the wrong way. The thing that sucks the most, though, is is it's not like he's failing while it's not like the team is failing while he's doing the roller coaster. Yeah, and it's not like the games are entertaining and he's doing the roller coaster. Yesterday's game was boring as f because we had no life almost from the starts. We had a couple of nice runs right where Aaron Jones or Jordan Mason was doing something, but he's like McCarthy's so inaccurate, and the ViBe's just not there. It's like, I never felt like we were in that game, even though we were a miles price fumble away from staying close. After that, it was just you could tell the Packers were just like let's just play keep away. Yeah, McCarthy can't get the ball up and down the field anyway, So if we just run out the clock and put up a couple of field goals, maybe one more touchdown, they can't catch us anyway.
Speaker 5: Being very kinder, yes, if you were a college football game, could have run it up and they needed to, you know, get one spot higher in the rankings, they would have beaten us by a hunter.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's a bella Jack team.
Speaker 8: We lose by twenty game that game in real time, that game ended early.
Speaker 3: We just ran the clock.
Speaker 9: It was like when you get to like eighth grade teams and one of them as farst appearing, you're like, y, run the ball.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what they did.
Speaker 5: Makes me want to smoke.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, Chris, you were obviously there, so you were listening to the radio broadcast. So I assume you were listening to the TV broadcast. Oh yeah, it was nuts the way, Greg Oles. What's the guy's named, Joe Davis, Yeah, Joe Davis.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The first half of that game, obviously they leaned into the storyline is McCarthy's lack of progress. Right now, it's going the wrong way. But the way they were talking about him, it was it was kind of unbelievable. Like almost everything they were saying trying to dissect what's going wrong was well, I mean, look at his feet, they're kinda set, and he kind of does that like I mean, they made it sound like he had never thrown a football until six weeks ago.
Speaker 3: And he was kind of like an alien.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was like, so he can kind I mean, he throws it downfield and some people catch it. I mean it just I'm paraphrasing, but man, they made it sound like he was a beginner, beginner and he has a long way to go in terms of mechanics. Yeah, and when you're hearing Koc say things like we keep telling JJ, we just we got to see, you know, the cement start to dry, the concrete start to dry, or however he worded it, like we're teaching you all these things, but none of it's sinking in yet.
Speaker 3: Frustrate.
Speaker 5: It's like it's like if I move to France and started speaking French, I don't know how to do it. I can speak English, Okay, I'm pretty good at this, but then you move me to France and don't give me any lessons.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, and then in six weeks Joe Davis and Greg Olsen are like, well, the kid can say bon seore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can't speak French? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why is he here?
Speaker 5: Why do they keep trying to throw to teach him how to sing? He doesn't know how to speak yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well said, yeah, all right, let's let's go around the room, let's vote. I have I have the question that I just don't think it's preposterous anymore. And I'm gonna be a hypocrite because I wanted this year to be essentially all JJ win or lose, but it's just going so badly.
Speaker 3: Who cares? Who would rather see Brozmer next week?
Speaker 12: God?
Speaker 5: I hate to be this guy. No, I hate to be this guy.
Speaker 3: Go on, I do, I do too, I hate to be that guy.
Speaker 5: I just want to see if there's anything I want to see, if I want to see if it is all JJ's fuss.
Speaker 8: Exactly, Honestly, that's totally That's exactly My take as well, is if Brosmer goes in there and is also struggling, then we could say, well, we don't know if Broemer sucks or maybe.
Speaker 3: Just the team just isn't hitting and clicking this year.
Speaker 8: But if he goes in there and does pretty well, even if he does like Carson Wentz well, which is solid but not you know, blowing the world away or sustains a drive, Yeah, then you might be like, well, god, if Brozmer can do it. Yeah. You know who made the point yesterday on the broadcast, I don't remember if it was Muss I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe I bet he does. He was listening.
Speaker 8: Somebody made the point on the broadcast yesterday that like or maybe he was even fan line. You know, Brosmer played in the Big Ten. He played against the same people as JJ McCarthy, did same kind of teams and did really well in college with It's not like he was.
Speaker 3: Playing you know, the Sisters of the Poor.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he played the Big Ten and looked pretty good at the University of Minnesota.
Speaker 5: So it's listen, PJ tried to sketch all the Sisters.
Speaker 3: Of Yeah correct.
Speaker 5: If he can play them every week, he would no bulletin.
Speaker 8: What if you played him at Fenway? Yeah, they probably Yeah, that game sucked too, That was real bad. Would you rather have Drake Lindsay or JJ McCarry.
Speaker 3: Lindsay was not the problem on Saturday.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't say it. Look at it. What was the problem?
Speaker 3: The defense was horrific.
Speaker 8: They let a quarterback who hasn't lit up anybody all year go fifteen for fifteen and light us up in the second half.
Speaker 9: Yeah, defense couldn't stop one hundred and tenth ranked offense in the country destroyed them.
Speaker 8: It was it was the full pendulum, right, because I think at one point they had out gained us something like two eighteen to eight, and we're dominating us, and then the script flipped yep, and Drake, Lindsay and Tracy put three touchdowns in and we just absolutely boat raced him for about thirty straight minutes and then it flipped the other way and we couldn't stop their quarterback.
Speaker 3: It's not good unless you play us.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know, Like I wouldn't be mad if they flipped the Brosmer.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I for the people that are anti Brosmer, I.
Speaker 8: Heard this sentiment on fanline a little bit, saying the only reason he's here is because he was from the Minnesota Golden Gophers. That might have been the only reason he got a shot with the Vikings in training camp. You don't make an NFL roster as a favor, you might get invited to camp. No, you might get invited to camp as a favor.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 8: In fact, it felt like a favor when you saw him his name on the list. You're like, all right, the Vikes are doing PJ and Brosmer a favor. They're gonna let him come try out for the team. You don't keep him unless you think he's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he didn't beat out veterans who've been.
Speaker 8: Exactly yeah, right, so they think he's solid. That's why he's here. So that part has no nothing to do with the University of Minnesota. The tryout, sure, making the team does not. So if they think he's good, good enough to put him on the roster.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how about you just put him in and just say, do you see why we didn't put him in?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean that's at the end of the world, exactly like with Callan Mond, and that was have you seen him play?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Right, you want him find here.
Speaker 8: You notice that McCarthy's career is falling apart, and zach said to zero words in the first segments, he's sad, oh Zachary, Oh buddy, what a rough weekend? For Zachary Halverson more the Power to a morning show after this, I'm the fan.
Speaker 3: Humid. Oh I'm sorry, sir, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: We're guaranteed human.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I am a human saying, which is exactly what I would say if I wasn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, you're a human? Are you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 8: Of course?
Speaker 3: How do you prove it? Well, you can hear my voice and it's clearly human. It is clearly not enough evidence.
Speaker 5: I am dancer.
Speaker 8: Oh, I'm prancer. See I would have been a lot of money or maybe either or maybe blitzen.
Speaker 9: For you.
Speaker 3: I am prancer. I am the Walrus.
Speaker 13: Great, well, join us for toys for Talks Eden Prairie Shields December second. That's a Tuesday. We'll be there at five thirty. We have all for the KFE and shows till six thirty that night. That's all presented by Unreal bringing toys, spread some joy and if you're one of the first fifty at each show, you'll score your Sweet Cafe and Unreal Winter Beam Cafe dot Com Sage toys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gonna be a winter wonderland.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The storm has been issued. Winter storm Watch has been issued for a soda heavy snow watches an effect for Minnesota's northern border, stretching as far south as Brainer and Fergus Falls, begins midnight Tuesday, continues through six am Wednesday. It could be changed between now and Tuesday as things stand, but the National Weather Service they're forecasting a total snow accumulation from three to seven inches, though some higher amounts could be possible in northern Minnesota. We're gonna get rain apparently starting this evening, this afternoon, and that'll turn to snow. Maybe as wee get closer to Tuesday night, we can use some rain, man, right, Yeah, oh yeah, this dry as a bone out there. Yeah, as dry as your dad was till I met him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: You have been saying that.
Speaker 8: He's not referring to his alcoholic intake, referring to his self lubrication, y his managina and the title of the podcast.
Speaker 3: That's proven that Christ's human.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 5: That's right. I'm Dancer's prancer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hi prancer, which one's Tommy. I think a little of all of the above.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he looked really happy at Wrigley Field for a second on Saturday. He was cheering, he was on TV. Everything was going the Gopher's way until it didn't.
Speaker 5: He looked exactly like like a seven year old boy whose favorite player is about to throw him his towel as he runs out of the stadium.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now it was a thirty year old. He wants his favorite player to throw him his towel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he wants he wants it to be a j towel.
Speaker 3: He wants him to throw from the towel as he heads into the shower.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, after he after he cleans himself with it, give me your wash ray, Yeah suck.
Speaker 8: You know the Wild last night or afternoon, I guess technically Zacchary right late afternoon, the Wild one three zip over the Jets. We can talk about that later because what they're doing right now is just absolutely insane. Specifically of all, instead saved us from another one of those just epic disaster sports weekends. Remember like two or three weeks ago, For an entire weekend, it was just everything that was could have gone awfully bad. That's what happened between the Wolves blowing that lead on Friday, which was incalculable and it's hard word to say hideous. Then the train wreck of a Gopher game on Saturday, then the snooze fast train wreck of the Vikings game. It was like, this is just another classic, terrible, terrible Minnesota sports weekend.
Speaker 3: And then to cap it off, the Wild just.
Speaker 8: Dominate and Valstad is doing statistically like crazy things right now that's basically never been done in the history of the Minnesota Wild and the Wild they're doing things that are in the conversation for best runs in the NHL in the last twenty five to thirty years with a couple of statistics, it's kind of nuts.
Speaker 3: Has a shout out to them.
Speaker 8: Three shutouts and four shot shutouts in four games, Yes, sir, Wow, good for that guy.
Speaker 3: Did we draft that guy? Sure? First rounder? Neat? Yeah?
Speaker 13: That was uh that was the saving grace for sure. The weekend and the Goper hockey team upset number five Penn State. That was fun to watch, even though they've had a struggling area. We are not far away from too far away from that. I mean we were in Vegas for half of it. That nightmare of a weekend that started on Thursday night.
Speaker 3: Yuck, yuck?
Speaker 8: How was How was Green Bay, Wisconsin? Outside of the game.
Speaker 5: It's just you know, we obviously staying in Appleton, and it's the coolest little town and it's always a festive atmosphere on a Vikings weekend. We played there like on Halloween night, and that's just crazy fun. This time it was a little more subdued, but still very much fun. And they have a right right downtown. They have a strip of the hotel that we that we stay in is right on the strip of Main Street and Appleton, and there's bar restaurant, restaurant, bar, bar, bar, bar, restaurant, bar, and it's just fun.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: There's there's a you know, there's more vomit on the ground per capita than probably anywhere else in America.
Speaker 3: But they have a.
Speaker 5: A bar arcade. Oh sweet, yeah, like up down yeah yeah, yeah, only in the very back room. They're not just like a old video games that are new versions of the old video games. They're the original punch Out. I sent you guys that video and playing punch Out.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I beat Glass Joe, I beat h So No, who's the second one?
Speaker 3: Well, is it the same as the Nintendo version or not?
Speaker 5: Oh that's right, you guys didn't never play. I always forget that you guys never played the arcade version. No, it's the same.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so second one would be von Kaiser, the German dude, Glass Joe, von Keiser, and then Piston Honda.
Speaker 5: Okay, no, it's not then, because uh, I think the third dude who beat my A word, I have to look it up. I have to look at I can't remember, but so I played that. I played Centipede, I played Galaga, and then I played some sweet pinball games. Man, just the best. They had A Godfather pinball game was awesome. I played the Metallica pinball game. I played Jaws, which it's it's yeah, maybe the best pinball game out there outside of the DAILORHARDI win, So that's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what order did you say?
Speaker 8: I think it goes Glass Joe, then von Keiser, then Pissing Honda. I think fourth is Don Flamenco. Correct, fifth is King Hippo's either fifth or sixth. Fifth, then maybe like uh great Tiger.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Then at some.
Speaker 8: Point you have to fight Pissing Honda again. I don't remember if he's it's bald ball Bull, then Piston Handa, than sort of Poppinsky, then bald Bowl again, then Sandman then then Don Flamenco again, mister Sandman, then Super Macho Man.
Speaker 5: Super Macha Man was then yeah all right, yeah, okay. In the stand up video game, it goes Glass Joe, Piston Hurricane, Piston Hurricane. Oh yeah, bald Bowl.
Speaker 8: That's how that's by the way, that's how I know. I never did the arcade. I've never heard of Piston Hurricane in my life. Yeah, so interesting.
Speaker 5: I beat Glass Joe, I beat Piston Hurricane, and Bald Bill beat my ass.
Speaker 3: Well he can swing it man, yeah.
Speaker 5: And then kid Quick, then Pizza Pasta.
Speaker 8: Pizza Quick, and Pizza Pasta sounds, yeah, it sounds Let me guess what country he's from. Pizza Pasta is from, oh man, where could he be from Thailand?
Speaker 5: And then mister Sandman.
Speaker 3: Man Pizza Pasta basically look at pizza.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, you have more of a ball bowl. Look to be honest, like when I had what little hair I did, I look like pizza pasta. Pizza Wait a minute, look at.
Speaker 5: Those that sec Chin is a different fighter. Later in the game, Oh.
Speaker 3: My I am pizza pasta.
Speaker 8: You are Oh my god, Oh my god, your pizza pasta did you did you beat me up?
Speaker 5: I didn't get that far. I never did. That's why I didn't know Pizza pasta.
Speaker 3: Geesh, but it's like.
Speaker 5: Something real racist. Was the original name, and at the last second they had to change it.
Speaker 2: That's how all of them, Yes, yeah, look at him. That's that's a mean come on that guy, pizza.
Speaker 5: That's like if I saw that burst of that guy walking down the street and I wanted to get in a fight with him, a pizza pasta his eyes.
Speaker 10: I'm pitching a guy walking out right with a box full of his stuff as he's getting scorted out of the building, tears running down his face, and like, buddy, what happened. They're like, you're just gonna go with pizza pasta, like my idea.
Speaker 3: His side birds go to his shoulder.
Speaker 5: Even the cartoon characters disappointed.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 3: The guy looks so sad. It's Bezza Pasta. I know that guy gets home with a box full of stuff, just going. I didn't know it was a slur. It sounded sounded right. I worked on that name for four months. You're fired my grandmove. Punch out. I don't know what that was about. I'm gonna have to get caught off Mike Tyson's punch at the arcade.
Speaker 5: To play and it sounded funny.
Speaker 3: I just caught. I caught most of the show and then down the hallway, I missed this part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, good old pizza pasta, pizza pasta. Yeah, all right, we'll talk more fun gopher stuff too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 8: Brilliant on page sports in a second. This is the power TOI mony show on the fan.
Speaker 10: Cauling.
Speaker 13: All Wolves fans join us for a michelob Ultra Wolves watch party at Wild Boar Bar and Grill in Oakdale this Wednesday. Come hang with k fan Zone Max Fuller from seventy nine and registered on site to an awesome prize. Enjoy food and drink specials while you're cheering the Wolves. Don't miss out all the details. Ok, that conquored calendar. Hello, you got to pick up the phone first and then your f.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, I'm just taking it out on everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's okay, my apologies. So Friday night, I uh not a race.
Speaker 8: Okay, I don't think I needed to say that, but just in case anybody's questioning that I'm not.
Speaker 5: You had a weird dream.
Speaker 3: It's the most This is like, you know, the whole like, uh.
Speaker 8: You turn it off, you wake up the next morning, and you realize that the team blew a lead. I turned the game off the second they went up one thirteen, one oh five.
Speaker 3: I'm like, all right, there's a minute. It's over.
Speaker 8: So it didn't take me to the morning because then I'm like doom scrolling before I go to bed, and I see Zach tweet.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm like, oh no, what is it? What you know? What's the Oh no?
Speaker 5: The seaword broke again.
Speaker 8: And then I realized that he's showing us that ESPN Analytics said ninety eight point nine percent of the time the Wolves hold on and win. Like, oh wait a minute, they were up paid I just turned it up one fourteen, one thirteen.
Speaker 3: It was like, with what fifty seconds too or something? In here a minute? I think it was one.
Speaker 8: Oh uh they went up one thirteen, one oh five with one oh nine to go.
Speaker 3: That's why I went, I.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, I was, I said. I mean, I wasn't watching. I was in Chicago, but I was dumb and through the same and I saw that they were up. I don't even think it was then they're up seven, and I just didn't pay any more attention. Same thing they like for a second. I had to actually go into the play by play, I log into the you know, CBS sports line or wherever you get to the box score to say, how the hell did that happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what it was. Like, what like I missed a couple of throws, lads, And obviously it's like a turnover turnover turnovers, Like, what what's going on here? Not good?
Speaker 8: No, So we are ten and oh against teams with losing records, oh and six against teams with winning records. It's like one of those weird stats. It's it's just across the board. It's true, kind of like if the Gophers go on the road, they lose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're six and oh at home and five on the road, and certainly had their chances Saturday.
Speaker 3: Man, that was a that was a tough one. What a weird game.
Speaker 4: It was ten to nothing, they're down, then they're up twenty eight thirteen, and you're feeling great. And then and in Minnesota scored three touchdowns basically Northwestern mixed a field goal in then Northwestern scores three straight goes up seven, they get a two point conversion in there, Gophers tie it field goal Northwestern, and now you're thinking overtime because it's a forty yard field goal to send it overtime and wide left, which is which which gives you bad flashbacks to start with.
Speaker 8: I don't ever feel good in college football about field goals.
Speaker 3: I don't care if it's a twenty five yarder.
Speaker 8: Those are never guaranteed in college football, correct right always makes me nervous, And I don't even think that's just me being a Gopher fan. That's just me being a college football watcher. It's like, this isn't guaranteed to go in. So I was not surprised at all when he pushed it to the left and we were headed home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was all she wrote. And as sus or maybe Corey said, I don't remember driving in here. It was the Gophers did defense, did not force a punt in the second half, and there was there was the quarterback for Northwestern, Preston Stone, an SMU transfer, was fifteen for fifteen.
Speaker 3: Now, he did throw one incomplete.
Speaker 4: Pass which would have been key on their game what eventually was their game winning field goal. It would have become a third and sixteen, but the Gopher's best defensive player, Anthony Smith, lined up in the neutral zone. Well you can't do that, So it became second and eleven and they scrambled for a first down and then eventually ran out more time and and got the kick. And you know, if it's third and sixteen, you like your chances. If it's a long field goal, you get more time back. Because if they had more time, they might win the game, because Northwestern's defense wasn't any good either in the second half, and they might score a touchdown to win it. But they had fifty two seconds left and you know, took one shot to the end zone and then and then a chance to tie the game and they didn't get it. So just a yeah, it was a bizarre game it and it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: It was pretty crazy. There were almost no Northwestern fans there. I was surprised. I don't know if the well, they were afraid of Tommy.
Speaker 3: They were Tommy. They scared Mommy was going.
Speaker 4: But you know, the game was the previous week Michigan played, and it was it was full and it was ninety percent Michigan fans.
Speaker 3: And the next week when the Gophers were there on Saturday.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it was about half full, but it was of all those I mean, the Gophers had have ten or twelve fifteen thousand people there and there might have been a thousand, and they were all in the end zone, they were all in field. The Northwestern that was their student session. There was almost no adult Northwestern fans. Yeah, there was the band and that again, I'm not even saying that to say anything other than it was.
Speaker 3: It was a decent Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was a good home home, the neutral site road game that had more Gopher fans than not.
Speaker 3: And unfortunately the Gophers still couldn't get the payoff. Well there's that, there's that, yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah slow start again, And you're right, it was like two eighteen to eight. It was ten to nothing and Minnesota had had run like three plays I think fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then they just they turned it on. They did.
Speaker 4: They dialed it up, and neither team wanted to play too much defense. But the Gophers will have to figure out defensively some things because this is now the third straight game where a quarterback has just gone off on them. Two of the three quarterbacks have not had any track record of of anything along those lines. In fact, the one quarterback from Michigan State who through three hundred yards had never started a game, and then Preston Stone on Saturday, he had not thrown for over two hundred yards, over two hundred yards against any Big ten opponent, and.
Speaker 3: He did that almost in the second half alone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he had three hundred and five for the game. And yeah, so they got to figure a few things out. Wisconsin comes to town. Wisconsin's defense is really good. They're playing a lot better. A month ago, this looked like it would be a win, and now it's I think a coin toss as you look at what Minnesota's defensively done. Now, Wisconsin's offense is not very good, but their defense has really come around. They they just beat Illinois and they killed the front four, front five of Illinois. They were in the backfield the whole game. I know there is a trial, the arraignment is next week, but so yeah, I think it's a coin toss type game. This is the Gophers are going to have to figure some things out defensively. They're gonna have to figure out pass protection because this Wisconsin defense has now dialed into into pass pressure. Sacks the other thing. The Gophers led the Big Ten and sacks to start today Saturday, they only got one and that came on an intentional grounding call. It wasn't even a sack where they actually got the quarterback.
Speaker 3: Well, things change.
Speaker 8: It's like last year the Vikings had a billion turnovers and now we can't get any turnovers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, things change.
Speaker 5: There's saying turnovers. I'm gonna start in the eight.
Speaker 4: Big Ten games. Gophers have three games where they have seven or more sacks, and then the other games they have one or none. So it's really kind of a feast or famine on the sax situation.
Speaker 3: Your hand was us.
Speaker 8: ESPN is projecting that the Golden Gophers will play on Friday, December twenty six in Phoenix at the Rate Bowl, and they will play Kansas State.
Speaker 3: Oh Man is.
Speaker 4: Kansas they got they gotta win though, right Kansas State is five and five. I want to say, yeah, they played some crate was it Utah?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I like fifty one forty eight or something? Yeah, some crazy game. I think I saw Ben tweet for three hundred yards and we lost or something.
Speaker 9: And the other guy has you going on Saturday December twenty seventh to the bowl game at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 4: The Pinstripe Bowl. I would I think it's probably headed toward Phoenix, but I don't know. I saw one other projection. Iowa State would be the opponent, but I think the second time the Gophers to played Iowa was State down in that bowl game. If that, if that would turn out, But I think, yeah, I think you're right. Phoenix, New York. Those are probably the two options right now for Minnesota. No, really, regardless of what happens, you're just.
Speaker 8: Trying to manifest Phoenix because you don't want to go to New York at the end of December.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although that was the time we went. I enjoyed it. It was it was kind of fun. There's stuff to do in New York around Christmas. It was. It was good. I went a few extra days.
Speaker 8: Actually, they have this unbelievable pizza place in New York called Saborrow. You want to get real, like authentic New York style, that's it? Yeah, is that that's where? That's the one the Vikings have the post game. No, that's off office Bounce. Oh is a blues riff and bee just watch me for the changes and try to keep it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 8: In the world, they're uh listener technically a front page sport Celsius two four five bucks for a limited time with.
Speaker 3: Our friends at holiday.
Speaker 8: If you want to go to holiday this morning, you can get any kind of flavors you want of Thoselius. You're welcome, Ryan Donaldson, check us out, Ryan. Sixteen ouncers, twelve ouncers two for five bucks, including the new sprits Vibe.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 8: Yep, yeah, so wait good, grab a couple of Celsius at holiday.
Speaker 3: Thanks Holiday, Thank you, yep, that's what I said, thank you, Welcome. And Ryan's polite. Yeah, he's very not super polite to queazy. He doesn't care much for the Viking office. He's hyusy yeah, oh yeah. He's calling people pathetic. He's pissed. It's not good. Someone to check on on Ryan. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Ryan melts down on his normal account like some people melt on burner accounts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's fearless now. He doesn't work for the sanity hers. What is he here? Yeah?
Speaker 8: All right, front paid sports in the rear view mirror. What really matters is next and then Ben Lieber should be joining in about ten minutes.
Speaker 3: This is the power Trip Morning Show on the band. It's the Black Friday tradition. You will not want to miss.
Speaker 13: The power Trip Morning Show will be live at Mall of America bringing the initials game, tons of laughs in your chances to score serious holiday cash. Be there at the Huntington Bank where a ton of from seven to nine am on November twenty eighth. Check out the KFA dot com keyword calendar for all the details.
Speaker 5: Here's the question for everybody in there as we go into what really matters Corey Cove Yes, sir, welcome back to the Patrick everybody. By the way, if this were one of those feel good sports movies, let's see. Let's say Billy Beam was your coach, and Michael Or was your first basement.
Speaker 3: Far birthday a crossing the universe.
Speaker 5: My memory is not great, ye playing.
Speaker 3: He's a gymnast, Ye right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the quarterback any given Sunday.
Speaker 5: He's the fish on refrigerator.
Speaker 7: Yes he is.
Speaker 5: Who sings to me about being on a low budget. I don't know what's going on. I'm high. Listen to me. If this was a feel good story, what would the old guy with the hat who was a cat he come in and do with JJ McCarthy like Chubs from how would he make him feel better? Yeah, Chobs, If you want to use Chubs, that's fine. What would he do with the quarterback? If this was a feel good story, if this was if if they were if if we were watching a movie about this year and some miracle happened where somebody came in and changed JJ's life, his trajectory. What would be the key scene that started to turnaround where the kids stopped being a brat and became a good kid because he saw the light where the the hitter got over the yips and started actually hitting the ball. What would be the feeld good team? What would the good guy do that changed everything? And then he disappeared into the ether?
Speaker 8: Well, the problem is is you just mentioned like happy Gilmore. Yeah, is we can't have JJ go to his happy place. He does that two and a half hours before the game, and that ain't helping. Yeah, so the meditating thing isn't working. Lost his breast pass behind him?
Speaker 5: Maybe behind him, I'm disturbing him. Kid kids and.
Speaker 8: Old brother and the guy that plays guitar and then just flat out sold the soul to the devil so we could play guitar.
Speaker 4: So well, yeah, that'd be an idea. Yeah, we're on the flip side. Maybe somebody rattles his cage, maybe like boulder him. You throw the bats into the shower and call them lolly gegers and tell them to get their crap together.
Speaker 5: You know what that makes them lolly gegers? You know what I would do? You know what I think happened? Would happen? I think Bagger Vans would come in.
Speaker 3: Was that good? I never saw that.
Speaker 5: I never saw it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he would certainly would. The Bagger was the man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he would say, hey, JJ, come outside with me for a minute. Now. I know you're thinking, I'm thinking about what his ass. But he's gonna take him outside and he's going to say, you know what this is, and he's going to throw him in an old football And JJ said, what is it? Beggar? And I got real bad problem.
Speaker 13: And thes like, it's a football, JJ, You should you should know this by now.
Speaker 3: That's probably your biggest problems. That you were throwing the football and you said what is that?
Speaker 5: He'd say, hey, uh, team doc, can you come over and evaluate him for a concussion? Please? He doesn't know what the first problem. Don't put in your mouth, he'd say. He'd say, what is it? And and uh And bagger Vans would say, uh, well, that's the football you had when you were twelve years old and you still loved playing football. Let's just toss the ball around a little bit. Do you know who this is? And JJ be like, no, I don't know who that young man is. He'd say, this is your childhood best friend. You really need to be evaluated for a concussion. Is his name is Larry Bitchness. Very unfortunate, but.
Speaker 3: Well it's a long wide of business.
Speaker 5: And they just started tossing the ball around, and Baggier Vans would say to JJ McCarthy, see football, you know that complicated? Remember when you used to throw the ball to Bitchness and it was just for the fun of it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm liking the story. I'm already hearing like the inspirational music behind right, the goose bumps a settling in.
Speaker 5: That's not the right music. But yeah, hi, I need I need Ben to hear this though. He needs to know what's going on.
Speaker 8: Ben has given up on this team. Yeah, wants to quit, Ben, Ben, you can't you guys can't say that.
Speaker 3: You've already signed up. What did I What did I do to walk in to give you guys that impression? Did you?
Speaker 5: Beggar Vance has come in and talked to JJ and taking him out back and and and giving him a football and brought his childhood friend Larry Bitchmissen and he's like, just remember what it's like to play and have fun in the backyard. Remember when you liked football? Remember? And then uh, JJ's like, I see.
Speaker 3: Thanks, bagger, God, I don't think it's about oh you guys, And.
Speaker 5: Then and then he disappears under the ether.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just leave. It was another game again yesterday, Ben were yesterday.
Speaker 8: That was JJ McCarthy. That wasn't nine. That was just JJ and JJ airmails it. It's it's so bad now that the show after us is eight fifty five to noon. That's how bad it is now. Even they won't say we should just say we're five thirty to eight fifty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think it was a little early on the nine bit. Well, but we all said that at the time. You don't, you shouldn't.
Speaker 8: That was a bad idea, even if it would have started to go well, because it was the first glimpse of I think some people throw out the name Russell Wilson, like you can't really give yourself a nickname and an alter ego unless you're Tom Brady. Then if Tom Brady's like I'm twelve and go yeah, yeah, yeah, that's exactly who.
Speaker 3: You are right this way? Twelve Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 8: And then Lawrence Bitchness the second or LBJ, He's like table for two please, and you're like, no, well, yeah.
Speaker 3: Lawrence's Larry, It's Lawrence is his birth name?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Still yeah, Oh, it is a lot of els, a lot you know, you guys, you guys just go for fans took a fat ol and me, as a k State fan, took I think a bigger l. Good god, you guys, like bad weekend for for people that are KSE State and Viking fans.
Speaker 3: Now they might play in the same Bowl game.
Speaker 12: I know that would be great because Tommy and I's bet is still man, it's it's right there. I mean, if k State had pulled off the upset at Utah, we would have had the same record with just what one game to go?
Speaker 3: Do you guys the same record? It's a push that is did you guys. Ever, I keep going back and forth because it happens so long ago. I don't remember.
Speaker 12: It's just regular season or if it's a bowl game, it should be. I think it's just a regular season, which still time. If if they meet in the bowl game and they have the same record, what a perfect.
Speaker 3: Keeping it? Bet going? Yeah?
Speaker 12: So K State plays Colorado at home next week and they need that win, right, Oh yeah, we got to have that win to be bowled.
Speaker 3: They're seventeen and a half point favorites. Yeah, dude, I.
Speaker 4: Wach Prime not getting it done. No, he's a terrible coach. I mean, let's be honest. I mean he's not agree coached. Two players that are already have their numbers retired.
Speaker 9: What's the Shane Elizabeth? You can see why he went, you know, twelve of fifteen in the Rate Bowls.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Ben, here's our radio teas.
Speaker 8: I want I want a one word answer, and then we'll come back and you can explain why you say either yes or no?
Speaker 3: Okay, one word answer.
Speaker 8: Should the Vikings start Max Brosmer next week?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Ben explains why after this on the fan.
Speaker 13: Sprodday Black Friday, Traditional Awsome Mess The Power Trip Live at My America Hunting in bank Rotunda seven to nine kf dot com.
Speaker 8: Keyword calendar for Benjamin What what year did you start joining the Power Trip Morning, Joe?
Speaker 3: Do you remember? It's a great question, Christian.
Speaker 5: I think it was thirteen twelve, that's yeah, back back.
Speaker 3: Was that the Bronze age?
Speaker 5: That's right? Yeah, yeah, we were all sure, Golden God. Yeah, Jesus man. When was your last year in the NFL twenty eleven? Twenty eleven?
Speaker 3: I mean soon afterwards.
Speaker 12: I mean I don't know, like officially, but you guys would have me on like in twenty twelve.
Speaker 8: So we're talking thirteen of the twenty thirteen ish of the twenty four years you've been a part of this garbage. Sure, that's a big chunk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess trouble ever since.
Speaker 8: So I believe it was Ryan Donald said that said it best.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, no, guys, thank you, thank you all the appreciation. Waffle Hall back to you.
Speaker 3: Uh do I do I have to talk about the Vikings game? Well, now you have to. We have to pay off the radio teas.
Speaker 5: We don't have to.
Speaker 3: We can do whatever we want.
Speaker 8: I asked you if you would start Max Brosmer next week, and you said no, And now here's your chance to expand upon that and basically explain yes or no.
Speaker 3: So this is no. I don't think that you start, Max Brozember. So so here's my analogy that I said to you.
Speaker 12: I was like, I probably shouldn't say this, but like, I don't know why I couldn't say this, right, it's it's it's just a silly, stupid analogy. The way I sort of look at this in a silly manner is the fact that like, and let me, let me put the asterisks out there. I know that people don't train their dogs like this, but we kind of used to train our dogs like this. If the dog would like pop in the house, then you catch them doing it.
Speaker 7: Kick the crap out of well, you don't know what Jesus you like wided you like, you stick their nose in it, and you bad dog, bad dog, and they stay him outside to where they.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's said. That's how we changed friend our children.
Speaker 12: That's how I changed our our youngest one as well. He just wouldn't I mean wells just would not be body trained. So if he did it in the living room, we stick his nose in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now he lives outside and he's outside a couple of months for and he just took a whiz in the kitchen.
Speaker 12: Which is kind of which is which is kind of like in a funny way. I mean, of all of my kids, well my two boys, my daughter doesn't do it.
Speaker 3: He's the one.
Speaker 12: He's he's the one that will go. He'll ask to go outside to go Pete, can I go outside? I'm like sure, why though I don't.
Speaker 3: Know kids like to.
Speaker 5: That's why I let him do a standard prac outside urination. Yeah, right there on the sidebox fifty in France.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Any anyway, sorry, anyway.
Speaker 12: So I sort of feel like, dude, this is your mess, your your mess, stick your nose stick. JJ's knows it, and be like, no, bad quarterback, bad quarterback. You go out to Seattle and you play again. That's kind of how I feel about it. It is like this is so to start brozmer No, what is that? What does that teach you nothing? It's like, all right, you played back. Let's be honest. Is this a playoff team?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 12: Yeah, season's over, it's not. So where are we going? So what's the rest of the year. You and I have talked about this very loudly. If the team wins or loses, yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: If we win.
Speaker 12: We just want to be competitive. We want we want a competitive football team. There are lots of ways to lose games. The season is a success if you see gradual and market improvement from your quarterback, JJ McCarthy. We're not seeing that. It's the way, it's the other way. He's regressing. We're not seeing any improvement from from game to game. So if he's not improving and the team is finding ways to lose games, well, the seasons over, you can't you can't talk about playoffs. We're trying to win just one game here. So I think for the development of JJ, if he wants to have a semblance of a you know, winning this team back, he's got to go out there and earn it. So you can't do that by sitting on the bench. And if this truly is going to be year to year to see what he looks like, if he's the franchise quarterback, then he's got to go out there in good times and the bad and see if he can take those leadership skills that we talk about and will this team to a victory on Sunday and then we see what happens again the following Sunday, and we just really take it one game at a time.
Speaker 3: But no, I don't think that we start Max.
Speaker 8: Brother all right, but how bad does it have to get before you say we can't do this anymore? You got to throw Max in there, like there's only six games left. If he's this bad for two or three more? Do you give Brozman to the final two or three games to say JJ is broken?
Speaker 3: We have to start over.
Speaker 12: It's a long term plan. Are if you are? If you're thrown in the white talel JJ McCarthy. Right now, let's just say, let's just say they listen to some of what you guys are saying and they start Max Brosmer.
Speaker 3: How do you come back from that? Well you might not, and that that might be a good thing or a bad thing.
Speaker 2: I get.
Speaker 3: You know, everybody's not fair to to JJ.
Speaker 12: To everybody in the organism, to everybody, I mean JJ in and using a first shown draft pick to give him six games.
Speaker 8: No, that probably that's probably not fair. But I think the best recent example is Bryce Young, right. They he was so bad they benched him yeah, they said you're falling apart. You need like a mental reset. Now, some quarterbacks might be devastated. That might be the end of it if you mentally get benched. Bryce is figuring it out. No, again, that's one example. So you can't just use it as the gold standard and say this is how it works. Sometimes maybe a wake up call like that would help a quarterback like this, and other times it might devastate him.
Speaker 3: I don't know how he would process that. No idea.
Speaker 5: Is it his own poop that I'm shoving his nose in?
Speaker 3: Whose poop?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It is? Yeah, yeah, yeah, because he's not Dwight Hockey. Well yeah, it's not the cat's poop. Okay, what if we compromise?
Speaker 8: What if we shove his nose in Max Brosmer's poop?
Speaker 3: That would be so meaning close, real close. You had your hand up. I'm a serious.
Speaker 5: He he wants his poop.
Speaker 9: Can it get any worse than the second half of yesterday? I don't think it can.
Speaker 3: Again, that was we got it. I hope not.
Speaker 9: I don't think you can get any worse. I don't think you can go punt punt, punt, interception, interception. Then the game in the second half. I don't think you can do that. That was awful, Like, what do they have four yards? People are arguing this is four yards is a minus one yard. It's hideous, hideous. It can't get any worse than yesterday. So only positivity from here on out. It can't any worse than yesterday.
Speaker 3: They were running the ball.
Speaker 9: The Packers were because they felt bad, as you guys said earlier.
Speaker 3: No, that should have been forty thousand to nothing. They were running a vanilla eighth grade offense to end the game. God, I love vanilla mel favorite.
Speaker 5: Went to school that was to.
Speaker 3: Wafers. Yeah, those are good, duke.
Speaker 12: I will say it in hindsight, it it does seem like because they play on Thanksgiving Day, right they do, so it does. It did seem like once they re established control of the game in the second half, let's just say the fourth quarter, because the third quarter is still kind of like, you know, we could we could make a comeback.
Speaker 3: They can make a mistake. It did seem like the fourth quarter is like, all right, we're moving on. Let's just run.
Speaker 12: Let's just run the football, let's just do let's just do the bare necessities to kind of get out of this.
Speaker 3: Same with the win.
Speaker 4: To two questions, Ben two, I, as a Gopher guy, I agree, I don't think Rozemers should start. Yet, that said, what would you say about if a game's going the way it was yesterday, throwing him in at the end to give him a series, just to see what you got, just to compare it to see is this an issue with the rest of the team or is this potentially a quarterback issue?
Speaker 3: And then two Corey used the example of Bryce Young.
Speaker 4: What about the example potentially of say Trey Lance, who they burned all those draft picks with picked, and then some guy who was a nobody, brock Perdy, becomes a guy who's making two hundred million dollars. I'm not suggesting Max Rosmer's that guy, but it wouldn't be the most impossible thing. It's almost identical right where they they had Lance, they had Garoppolo.
Speaker 3: They both end up out we.
Speaker 4: Had Wentz, we had we had Wentz and we have JJ and then here comes this kid that he wasn't the last pick in the draft, like like Purty, but basically draft just to see if, oh man, maybe we have something here, Maybe this is our guy.
Speaker 3: And we don't even know it.
Speaker 8: But the Niners story Ben is the proof that if you can find a quarterback, it doesn't matter if it was the third overall pick or mister irrelevant. Right, Like Purdy was better than Lance, so they said, we can't go back to Trey Lance.
Speaker 3: This kid's better.
Speaker 8: If Brozemer is better than McCarthy, and we have no idea if he is until we see it, that's good for the Vikings. If Brozmer is like a Pro Bowl caliber quarterback, who cares if he was undrafted and we wasted a first round game, JJ, you gotta go with the best guy.
Speaker 3: We don't know that. Yeah, we don't know, very very very doesn't. But if you haven't get a series somewhere, like I said, I don't know whether you start, let's go.
Speaker 4: Let's say it's twenty eight to three next week and late third quarter. What good is sending McCarthy back out into that situation?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Right, No, I think I think that there are scenarios where that happens. Sure, sure, I mean if we are if we're getting dusted like that in the second half and this looks like there's no spark and you feel like you got to give a spark to this offense. Then I then I could see, all right, barring injury or we're just getting crushed, Yeah, go ahead and put the guy in there, and then it's easily justifiable. Like the thing is though, in that scenario, are you keeping Addison in? Are you keeping JJ in? Are you keeping Aaron Jones in?
Speaker 3: Like? Yes, yeah, so.
Speaker 12: That's so that if it's if it's truly just like him being benched, that would be that would be something that would be an interesting thing.
Speaker 3: But I don't know. I do think, yeah, I think if you throw.
Speaker 12: Out hypotheticals, yeah, there are hypothetical situations where I think Broswick could could enter the game, But I don't think that he starts the game.
Speaker 5: Okay, before you ask her, can I expand this for one second? If if coach is seeing JJ, if coach is saying to JJ, go out there, do and do black and red, and j JJ go goes out and does purple and yellow, would it be beneficial for coach to say, demn it, you're not listening to me, Max, go in. Watch what happens when you listen to me?
Speaker 3: Sure you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: And I don't know if that's what's happening.
Speaker 3: And I'm just saying, look, look, children started to try to do that with Brett Farv.
Speaker 5: Did it work.
Speaker 3: No, But I'm saying that, like, I can see how even the annoyance.
Speaker 12: Level of a head coach trying to get a quarterback to regardless of Hall of Fame status or year in your first year, if you're not doing what the coach wants you to do from a mental standpoint, from a gameplay standpoint, just a play setup, then yeah, you can't go rogue and do your own thing yank him out of there. I don't think that's the case though, you know, I haven't heard one thing. I mean, we just keep hearing like he is doing a lot of the things that they like, you know, checking into certain things, canning certain plays. Like the mental side seems to be working. It's the physical side that's failing.
Speaker 8: Even though Rosener would be fun and I'm all for it if they want to try it, the argument against it is.
Speaker 3: The Josh Rosen Kyler Murray theory.
Speaker 8: Right, yeah, if this is bad and you give McCarthy the next six and at the end of the year, you're like the vikings can look in the mirror and go, this is the wrong guy.
Speaker 3: We've seen it. He's not getting better. We don't think we can fix this.
Speaker 8: It's over the faster, you know that the better right if you delay it and throw broze More out for a handful of weeks and then you're like, well, let's give McCarthy the offseason, we'll see what we have. Well, then you kind of maybe are flying blind next year. If you can evaluate a player's entire career in six more games, now's the time to do it, because then you can do what the Cardinals did with Josh Rosen. They knew after one year, whoops, this is the wrong guy, and then they drafted Kyler Murray because they had the number one pick. If this season goes super southward, that's not working out either, for.
Speaker 3: Sure, but at least they knew that they were wrong the first time. Yeah, so you have the same situation here.
Speaker 8: If McCarthy's the wrong guy and this season continues to go really poorly, you're going to be drafting somewhere between five and ten and you're going to have a crack at one of the top probably two or three quarterbacks, and you might have to pull the trigger on a new one because you have the wrong one. So that's the argument to keep him in there, the first team that has had to do that. And no, and not to get too deep in the weeds, but you're going to be in a draft again. Every team in front of you needs a quarterback.
Speaker 5: That's most drafts, and let me, let me get deeper in the weeds.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 5: Going back to mister irrelevant and brought purty. Yeah, you know who you got a real shot at? Is missus irrelevant because let me tell you right now, she's married to mister irrelevant and she is disappointed with her whole life. You came in with flowers, a little bit of tickling. You got a real shot at a lady who's just looking for some relevance.
Speaker 3: You mean she sounds like a predator.
Speaker 5: You're not the first person to say.
Speaker 8: If walking in with flowers and tickling is the sign of a predator, then nine to noon has a lot of questions. Ben, I'm not trying to pile on, but of course I'm going to, because that's how I started my sentence. Yeah, I'm going to give you a name. You tell me who this person is. Gavin Bartholomew he's a tight end, right, yeah for Seahawks, he's technically still here. Kobe King, Oh yeah, linebacker for US. Nope, wait, we waved him, didn't play with the Jets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we waved him like two weeks ago or something. Tyrian Ingram Dawkins, Well, yeah, he's still our team. Tie Felton, Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 8: Kind of Donovan Jackson, duh, everybody's a fan of Donovan, right, he's playing well yeah, right, fine, yeah, he's playing.
Speaker 5: Fine.
Speaker 8: Now that's your twenty twenty five Vikings draft. Donovan Jackson, sure, Tye Felton, Tyrian Ingram Dawkins, Kobe King, Gavin barthol On. You No, you could say, well, they didn't have a lot of picks this year, Well, yeah, because they gave up a bunch of picks to get Dallas Turner, who's also mostly a bust. This drafting, I mean, I know everybody's piling on because it's just atrocious, Like it's an f Quacy's draft record is just brutal.
Speaker 3: It's so bad. The best team in the league, maybe in the NFC, is the uh the Rams.
Speaker 8: What are they?
Speaker 3: What do they do best? Draft?
Speaker 8: They have older talent and they have outstanding draft class. Oh did you see I know this is not the gospel, but did you see the start of Sunday Night Football last night?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: You know how they do those Matt Stafford, darg or whatever, right, yeah, Dusty Steve. They had the Pro Football Focus grades. Yeah, yeah, which everybody hates. Yeah, everybody hates unless you're the Rams. Because almost every player, almost every player that got announced on the offense was like Matt Stafford one of thirty two, right, he was a rank one, number one, But everybody else is like they'd say, Puka nakuas like number two on to Adams is like number ten. It was just everybody was like top ten or twelve in the league according to Pro Football Focus. On the Rams offense, it was just top rated guy after top rated guy after top rated guy. Whether that is reality is irrelevant. You must have if you' Sean mcville, you're looking at that, you're like, man, we are loaded. I am everybody's just killing this.
Speaker 3: Less sneed is good at that and then man, just as important.
Speaker 12: I'm sure when they're going through their defensive line, it was it was eight you know, eight of thirty, right, you know, twelve of thirty I mean those guys are first.
Speaker 3: They got in the same draft. Those were back to back picks.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and who could have had Verse?
Speaker 8: We could have I think Verse and Fisk are taken on common in that bracket, the sixty four dot com versus.
Speaker 5: You don't like to get first, you don't forget the this is irrelevant.
Speaker 3: Such a good life, hey Grimmer, Yes.
Speaker 5: Before we let you go, what's going on this weekend?
Speaker 4: This weekend Gopher football Wisconsin battles to thirty kick twelve thirty right here Saturday?
Speaker 3: Is that a game that is right here in the Twin Cities.
Speaker 5: And we're playing Seattle by that one? Darn it? Okay, yeah, yeah, that sounds like fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't wait. Let's get the axe or keep the ax? We have the ax, we want to keep it? Yeah, yeah, all right. The news is next the podcast Morning Joe on the Van