Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses, the only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this Wednesday, July the eighth, as your Los Angeles Dodgers sit atop the nl West at sixty and thirty three, the.
Speaker 4: Rookie Susaki on the mound.
Speaker 3: Tonight is the Dodgers finish off this three game series against the Colorado Rockies, the rubber game of this three game set on what is going to be a jam pack Dodgers Stadium. As Yes, the fans have been lined up for hours to get a show. Hey Otani, Greatest Game Bobblehead Part two. Yes, you go back to Game four the NLCS last year. The three home runs, the ten strikeouts over six innings, the first bobblehead giving up last month, and then now part two with show Hey Otani on the mound for the first fifty four thousand fans in attendance, be patients, be okay as fifty four thousand are gonna get that bobblehead at Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium with first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: We got a great show for you. Over the next hour.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, get his pregame thoughts as we check in with David vatsta course throughout the hour, we got your Dodgers' magical moment. We'll visit with Kirsten Watson. We got your Otani rewind the latest Dodgers' injury news coming up, as well as a couple of Dodger pitchers getting healthier and healthier to come back to this Dodgers rotation. In just a few minutes, we'll check out with Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday out the Gallpin Ford Podcast booth. Well, last night, Justin Robleski was in search of his eleventh win on the season, and Robo was really good. He is as shark as they call him and he was out there just eat up hitter seven innings, one run, six hits, struck out nine along the way, and he got some instant offense. In the bottom of the first show Hey o'tani a leadoff home run to straightaway center field and the Dodgers had a one to nothing lead. They made it to nothing in the fifth when Michael lorenz And walked Andy Piez with the bases loaded. Dodgers were up two to nothing. In the sixth, Justin Roblusky's only run that he gave up came on a Jake McCarthy RBI groundout, and it was a two to one Dodgers lead. But the Dodgers quickly got that run back in the bottom half of the sixth inning thanks to Alex Freeland.
Speaker 6: Carolson on the grass said, a third, there's a line drive left field base hit edmund comes under the score a two on RBI single for Alex Freeland. It's three to one Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Alex Freeland driving in his nineteenth run of the game. How about Freeland three for four last night. Drives in a run brings his average up to two thirty seven on the season. Dodgers with a three to one lead. Justin Robluski went the seven innings. He was in line for his eleventh win of the season. Get this guy to the All Star Game already. He turned it over to Will Klein, who had some trouble, a lead off walk that led the runners on base and into a fielder's choice, scored to run and all of a sudden traffic on the base pass. It's a three two Dodgers lead. When the defense let him down.
Speaker 6: And the Dodgers need to find a way to shut this down. Jake McCarthy the hitter, left handed batter, and he's gonna bunt, and he pushes it right toward Munseie months he thought about coming to the plate.
Speaker 7: Can't do it. They throwed it first to get the out.
Speaker 2: Nobody covering third.
Speaker 6: Ball gets away, but the base runner Freeman will have to hold because Rojas was able to back up in time.
Speaker 8: Well, un though the ball went into the dugouts the run.
Speaker 4: He's gonna score.
Speaker 6: I didn't see it go down the stairs.
Speaker 4: It was very poorly played.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not the greatest defense played by the Dodgers last night. In that eighth inning, that's the top tier play of the game. Brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for Less as McCarthy a sack bunch throwing air, then another throwing air as the Dodgers give up a couple of runs on the play. They give up three runs in the eighth inning to blow the lead, to blow the opportunity for Justin Robless.
Speaker 4: He to get his eleventh win of this season.
Speaker 3: Dodgers had an opportunity but could not push across the final run in the ninth Indians. The Colorado Rockies come in and beat the Dodgers last night four to three, but he against the winning relief Will klein geinst the loss despite just a third of an inning pitch to He had to give up a costly leadoff walk a single left with runners on base, but the Dodgers defense did not help them out as the Dodgers dropped game two of this three game series. But they're back at it tonight in the rubber game of this three game set. With Roki Sasaki on the mound, first pitch at seven to ten and with more we head out to the galloping four broadcast booth as we say hello to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday. Guys, all right.
Speaker 9: Tim Dodgers get ready for their ninety fifth game of the season at sixty up, thirty three down.
Speaker 7: Lost last night, So this is the rubber.
Speaker 9: Game of the three game series with the Rocks Rockies coming from behind in the eighth inn. Five stories to me came out of the last night's game. Otani hitting his three hundred, Robleski continues to excel, the return of Evan Phillips, runners in scoring position a big issue last night, and the defensive breakdown in the eighth inning. And he can't blame Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 1: His first error of the year.
Speaker 9: He's one of the elites. And so there were five interesting notes of the last night's game.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and for Rebleski, he was standing in line and should have picked up victory number eleven. Okay, that didn't happen. Otani made it happen again with the home run. As you mitching, he's number three hundred of his career. Not just the two costly errors, but the Dogs were out of position a couple of different times defensively, that's something we normally don't see. The other part that we don't see the Dodgers very rarely beat themselves. Well, they kind of did that last night, and I like what Dave Roberts said, and talking to the media earlier this afternoon, he said, look, yeah, we didn't play a really good game, didn't close it out last night, he said, but you cannot let the negativity carry over to tonight. They have an understanding, he said, Hey, look, they have expectations to win Game number sixty one, learn from mistakes, and this is a team that shows it has that ability.
Speaker 9: Roki Sasaki goes tonight. He's still looking to find his way. That's a big right hair. Gabriel Hughes making his first big league start.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it is, and he came on the scene in very fine fashion. We'll talk about the pitch a little bit later on, but for Hughes made his major league debut last Friday against the Giants. How did he do in his major league debut? Well, is in relief. He went three scoreless innings and pick up the save in his very first game at the big league level.
Speaker 9: Note about Otani in his three hundredth home run. Again, we just see the stories that he he writes for himself.
Speaker 7: He's the fifth quickness to reach three hundred and eleven hundred and two games. The other fellas pretty good company, Aaron Judge, Ralph Kiner, Ryan Howard, and Roan Gonzalez. He's also the first Japanese player to reach three hundred mouth.
Speaker 8: He's something else. Every time he comes to home plate, you don't dare take your eyes off of him. You're likely to see something you had not seen before. We have a little different lineup in tonight's bowl game. Is it Tommy Edmund not only playing at second base, He's going to bat second. Andy Potes will get a breather at the outset of this bowl game. Alex call would be in center field for Pahes and Eliezer Alfonso would be doing the catching. Dalton Rushing, by the way, has done a magnificent job in filling in for the injured Will Smith, who continues to be on the injured list, and for Rushing a very well earned rest tonight, at least at the outset of the game. We may see him later on, and then remember there's the off day tomorrow, so some guys can kind of take a deep breath.
Speaker 9: Indeed they will. We're gonna take a deep breath, come back a little bit later on. In detail tonight's pitching matchup as the Dodgers and Rockies get ready for the rubber game of this three game series.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thank you Charlie, as we count you down the first pitch on this Wednesday night, Dodger fan, how about getting that game day.
Speaker 4: Meal on if Shaky's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 3: You're gonna order your Shaky's Pizza and Shaky and Mojo's right now at shakys dot com. Coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, You're gonna hear from David Vassay.
Speaker 4: He'll will high and tight.
Speaker 3: With the manager Dave Roberts, well break down this pitching matchup. We'll hear from Justin Robleski, who should have got the win last night. But up next you o Tani rewind and we'll visit with Sportsnet LA's Kirsten Watson Tall coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Keats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and Rockies on this Wednesday night. Rookie Sasaki on the Mountain Dodgers going for the series win. First pitch coming up hit seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide o.
Speaker 6: Hey starts the night with a two ninety four average, fifty five runs batted in, two O swung on trillty two center failed in his packet is gone.
Speaker 2: Home Run number three hundred for show Hey O'tani. Oh, he mashed a milestone in his first at bat. It's his thirty first career leadoff home run, his seventh this season. Instant offense for the Show that Never Ends, Won Nothing.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Show Hey Otani with his three hundredth home run. Otani is the first Japanese born player in the Majors to reach that milestone and the fifth fastest in history to do so so. It took him one and two games between playing for the Anaheim Angels and the Dodgers. Aaron Judge the Yankees the quickest to do it at nine hundred and fifty five games.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson. Hey.
Speaker 3: Kirston now joins it is brought to you by Cars for Kids, The easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donated today Your car could be picked up tomorrow donating now at Cars for Kids dot Org. All Right, the Dodgers in the rubber game of there's three game set against the Colorado Rockies. And for the Dodgers, Karsten, it's a must win bounce back game.
Speaker 4: For them, it is.
Speaker 10: And the good thing is is that they have been excellent in those situations all year. It's very rare that they lose two games in a row. And even if you look at the numbers, are the best in baseball when it comes to bouncing back after a loss for twenty three and nine. And Dave Roberts today, I asked him just as to why he believes that that might be the case, and he was saying, there's a few things. This is a team that is resilient. This is a team that's very good at turning the page. Even he shared that they're coming off of a loss last night in which admittedly the guys were they were honest, it was a frustrating one. They had the errors late in the game. Miguel Rojas called it. You know, it's one thing if you have a mishap just physically, but when you have a mental error, that's truly that's a tough one for him to kind of accept. So the guys were honest with kind of how they felt losing that one after being ahead, and so Dave was saying, this group was a very good job of it. Come in today, there's a different feel amongst the group. They were laughing, they had a good energy, and so they just understand that in a long season for baseball, they're going to be games that are emotionally exhausting wins. There's going to be emotionally exhausting losses, but it's how you just continue to be resilient and bounced back. So they've been excellent with that and he expects that to be the same today.
Speaker 3: Dodgers really need Rokie Sasaki to have one of those good starts. He's sitting at three and five with a five forty ERA, but the last two starts he hasn't got out of the third and fourth any Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean, even if you look at the last four starts, he's got an ERA over ten. So for him, it really is about bouncing back and hoping to set the tone early. And it's interesting because as much as the numbers haven't been there, Rokie after his last one felt like the stuff was actually in a really good spot. He said, he felt good. Dave Roberts was even saying, you know, if you look at the stuff overall, it wasn't bad per se. He said he could have had a little bit more fastball command, just more where he's locating his pitches. And they did think that there was some tipping involved in the last one, and so Dave Roberts shared today that he did work on a few things mechanically. They do believe they've cleaned a few things up, just in regard to specifically the tipping aspect and having a clear plan for the pictures or the hitters going up against him. So they hope that he's kind of worked through that. But they really like him in this one not to focus on the mechanics of things, just focus on competing. That's where they want him to be in this one, to hopefully just.
Speaker 1: Get back on track.
Speaker 10: So it's a new month and the hopefully they can he can do just that.
Speaker 1: Hope.
Speaker 3: So begins tonight for rookie Sasaki. Thank you curious, and we'll check out with you after the game.
Speaker 4: Still to come here.
Speaker 3: I'm Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: We'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts as David Vessego is one on one with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 3: But up next the injury report Dodgers and Rockies on this Wednesday night final game with this three game set.
Speaker 4: First pitch is seven ten.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim kats is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All season long law.
Speaker 3: Morongo Casino Dodgers on dec continues on these Wednesday night as we lead up to first pitch Dodgers and the Rockies, Morongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam four good Times with Rookie Sasaki Gabriel Hughes.
Speaker 4: The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: It's the La Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 3: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angele The Dodgers Blake trying it on the IL at the right elbow inflammation, Will Smith on the IL at the next inflammation. Keiky Hernanda saw him taking ground balls yesterday, taking some hits in the cage as well. He's on the IL at the left oblique injury, but it looks like he's progressing pretty good. Tyler Glass now on the IL or backspatters Blake's now more on him coming up. He and Edwin Dia is very busy today throwing at Dodgers Stadium a couple of hours ago.
Speaker 4: Landon Nack.
Speaker 3: He's made three starts in their rehab appearances in Triple A Oklahoma City. Guys who could help this Dodger rotation, and certainly helped Justin Robuski, who.
Speaker 4: Has been really good through the first half of this season.
Speaker 3: Twenty five year old left hander ten Wins should have had his eleventh last night, left with the three to one lead, only to see the Dodgers bullpen give it up late afterwards.
Speaker 4: Justpin Robuski spoke with the media.
Speaker 11: Yeah, obviously, that's it's disappointing. You know, you want to be an All Star. It's it's something that you know, regardless of the year, whenever it's it's always a big deal. And yeah, it's something I wanted to do, and yeah, it's frustrating to note that nod But like I said before, I think it's just more more reason to try and keep getting better and then you know, hopefully I can get their respect of you know, players and everybody else and maybe be in there next Year's still been really lobbying for you.
Speaker 3: Just what does that mean to give?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that means a lot, obviously, you know, to to hear from him. You know, he's given me this opportunity to kind of be a start of the major leagues when maybe some other teams would have given up on me. So yeah, it means a lot to hear from him and hope hopefully I can keep eating innings for him and then getting deep into games and and doing my best.
Speaker 10: Do you hold out hope personally just knowing that they are now stunning to make those decisions for replacements, or do you have to kind of put that aside to let the chips fall.
Speaker 11: I mean, yeah, I would like to. I would like to know where my All Star break is going to be. But yeah, no, it's if it happens, great. If it doesn't happen, you know, some time off and the chill for a couple of days. So either way, I'm I'm all good.
Speaker 4: All right, there's Jess Robleski. I'm certainly.
Speaker 3: I'm certain he liked to chill and hang out and relax, but also make that trip to Philadelphia, which he deserves to be an All Star, no doubt about that. Well, we continue here. I'm Roco Casino, Dodgers on Debt. We'll check in with David Basse. So lead up to first pitch Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim Kates's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and Rockies on this Wednesday night. Rookie Sasaki, the rookie Gabriel Hughes. The pitching matchup. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Al Poto, born in La and made for your game day. El Pato brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salces and hot sauces right to you.
Speaker 4: El Pato, Gormee and.
Speaker 1: A can joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 3: All right, DV, We're starting to see Dodger players come back from injury. But a name that we haven't really thought of in a few weeks is keyk Hernandez because of that oblique injury.
Speaker 5: What's the latest, Well, he can't be activated off the IL for another twenty days, but he's out here taking betting practice virtually every day. He's taken Nolan Aronato like ground balls at third base, and that's kind of an indication of where the Dodgers are going to play him when he returns. But Dave Roberts said earlier today Tim that Key K could go out on a rehab signment right now, but because he's twenty days out of being activated and he already went on an extended rehab appearance, there's no need to send him out now. But he's looking good. He seems to be managing that oblique injury, but certainly not trying to rush.
Speaker 3: Anything, David. Are the Dodgers still looking for a two hitter?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I would say so.
Speaker 5: Tim Andy Poe gets the night off tonight, but he has struggled in twenty five games hitting second, And whether it's been Pajez or Tucker or Freddie Freeman or Mookie Betts this year if there's a hole in the Dodger offense, which is the best in baseball, let's make it clear best in baseball.
Speaker 7: But if there is a weak.
Speaker 5: Spot and still searching to find who fits best hitting behind sho Hey Otani, it's got to be that two spot. The Dodgers' number two hitter, no matter who they've had, there is hitting two eighteen and they've struck out eighty four times with only eight home runs. So tonight it's tom Y Edman. He has only played fourteen games. He seems to be the type of guy that you would want hitting behind Otani because he's a switch hitter. He can hit left handed, he could hit right handed. He's a line drive hitter. He's not trying to match what O'tani does. You wouldn't think so. Tom Y Edman might be that guy. And we'll see whether or not. At stee Sticks after tonight and going into the second half of the.
Speaker 3: Season, David is brought to by a Ford summer sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year for the official vehicle of Major League Baseball. The Dodgers lost a tough one last night.
Speaker 4: The bullpen gave it up. But last night.
Speaker 3: Also marked the return of a big arm for the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: David, Yeah, Evan Phillips, who we had on the pregame show earlier this week. Tim Evan Phillips came in and pitched a scoreless inning of relief and was hitting ninety eight miles an hour. And I saw the surgeon that performed as Tommy John Surgery earlier today, said hey, Evan Phillips ninety eight last night? I said, yeah, how about that? Did you add three or four miles on that fastball? He couldn't take credit for that, and that, of course is doctor Neil Elatrosh But yeah, I don't remember Evan Phillips throwing that hard before he went on the il. And sometimes when you go through all that tim it frees your elbow up, it frees your arm up, and you have time to work on things that you normally wouldn't have time to work on. So, yeah, ninety eight miles an hour from Evan Phillips last night.
Speaker 3: Dave real quick. Roki Sasaki gets to start tonight. How important is it that he has a good outing going into this All Star break because it hasn't been great lately.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it would be good for him to go into the break with some confidence and pitching well. I think it would be important for his teammates behind him. You know, losing last night, you don't want to be standing around. That's the biggest thing, Tim, It's not about the big picture with him.
Speaker 4: You don't want to be standing around.
Speaker 5: As much as the Dodgers have been standing around behind Roki outside of five or six starts earlier this year, it just isn't conducive to winning baseball. So the Dodgers are looking for Roki to throw strikes and minimize the number of pitches because lately it's been eighty to ninety pitches and only four innings of work. He's got to throw strikes, no doubt.
Speaker 3: All Right, David, we'll check back in with you in just a little bit. He's got to talk with rig Monday, but also coming up at about fifteen, So day's gonna go one on one with Dodger manager Dave Roberts. Coming up next year though, on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, We get you, Dodgers. Magical moment Dodgers and Rockies first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion. Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Rockies Rookie Sasaki the Mountain final game of this three game series.
Speaker 4: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by.
Speaker 3: Disney In the all new action movie Mowanna. This summer, Mowanna and the legendary Maoi, along with Pula and Hey Hey, set sail on the adventure of a lifetime. See it on the biggest screen possible Disney's live action Mowanna only in theaters beginning this Friday.
Speaker 7: Hot Dog Who Wants a Hot Tug?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. It's Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Well the All Star Game coming up next week in Philadelphia. We keep the All Star theme going. The nineteen seventy four All Star Game three River Stadium in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Another game dominated by a Dodger in the National League.
Speaker 12: There's a drive and a dick left center at ball Tag and it's up against the wall coming into scars. Garvey Ron Say holds it second with a double and an action.
Speaker 7: Leg League won the nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ron Say with the RBI double in the bottom of the second off gay Lord Perry kirk Gaudi on the call, Ron Say Steve Garvey help propel the National League to their eleventh victory in twelve years. Steve Garvey, by the way, named the MVP of that All Star game. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hoffey Hot Dogs Haffey o Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey Hot talks local and so great. When we continue here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 4: We will check you out.
Speaker 3: Rick Monday also coming up in about twelve minutes, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. So we lead you up to Dodgers and Rocky Some Tim Kaates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Rockies on this Wednesday night, final game of this three game sent Rookie Sasaki on the mount. First pitch coming up at seven ten time. Now for the Verizon startup is we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years, so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David bas saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: You know what's amazing what you find out when you're just talking shop with a co worker like Rick Monday. We're gonna be on the same flight together back to coincidentally your hometown during the All Star pray.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you'll never get through TSA.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't you like to spend the All Star break with me?
Speaker 12: Rick?
Speaker 8: Which year?
Speaker 5: Let's move on to Dodger Baseball, shall we?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Please?
Speaker 5: Roki Sasaki's on the mountain night, Rick, And I remember Dave Roberts Saint earlier in the year that he doesn't know what to expect start to start with Rochi.
Speaker 8: No, and I think the expectation level has gone up and up and it needs to. I mean, he has not really had, you know, very good outings. You look at the last four that he's had, they're not stellar. He's zero to two in that time with a n e RA above six, barely above six, but still above six. The last starting Thursday against the Poundres, no decision went is three innings, and he threw a bo looad of pitches. The time before that was also against the Andres, again he went four innings. It was a boatload of pitches. In fact, the last six games that he's had, excuse me, the last four games that he's had, he's thrown only twelve and two thirds innings, and then he's thrown two hundred and fifty nine pitches. He's barely above fifty eight to fifty nine percent strikes. And here's a guy that makes his living throwing the baseball.
Speaker 5: I think about the guys behind him. They're standing around a lot lately, Rick, and that's not conducive to winning.
Speaker 8: No. I was a little surprised, you know. Dave Robertson was saying earlier today that Sasaki was saying that his stuff is good. There's that word stuff. But I don't know how he comes to that conclusion. When you look at the last two starts, he's total just seven innings and he's thrown exactly fifty eight percent strikes. So I mean he's not throwing pitches.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 8: If he's happy with the break of a kerball and not getting it over, I don't know how he can be pleased with those pitches. Here's the other part that's frustrating. He's had good stuff when he goes ahead and challenges hitters. Something that Dalton Russi was talking about yesterday. He said, hey, look, he got out of the habit of challenging hitters. Challenge them, don't throw the base ball to where you're trying to avoid them hitting the ball.
Speaker 5: I remember Dalton Rushing telling me there's been times when before Sasaki comes out of the bullpen after his final warm up throw, if Rushing's not happy with it and he doesn't feel like he has that mindset, he will demand another pitch from Sasaki before they leave the bullpen.
Speaker 4: What does that tell you about Roki.
Speaker 8: Well, he's got to have the inner strength and the belief that he can throw strikes. He can challenge hitters because when he does get the ball over with good location. Here's the problem. When I say get the ball over, he's fallen behind in so many counts he is forced to throw the ball over the plate instead of owning the plate get ahead, and then the hitters have to expand the strike zone.
Speaker 5: He wears a bigger glove because last year there was talk about him tipping, and then in his last start against the Padres there was talk again that he was tipping.
Speaker 4: Do you buy that stuff?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 8: And here's where a lot of pitches down the big part of the place. If they were rolling away and you know, maybe breaking stuff and you say, well, it's inside, it's on the corners that that's not what I'm seeing. You Maybe I'm missing the boat, but I'm not seeing really quality pitches on a steady basis right now. I think that's one of the reasons. Now there's a lot of telemetry that you can get. They very quietly have looked to see, hey, is he tipping his pitches? I would suggest that the location of pitches had been less than speller.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll say this, you're really good at reading the pitches. From here, somebody's tipping and if you're not seeing it, that could just be a crush.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm not reading it to try and survive it. Hitters are and trust me, hitters look at everything.
Speaker 5: All right, Rick, thanks a lot for the inside. Can't wait to spend the off day and the All Star Break with you wherever you might be going.
Speaker 8: Just try and find Repel.
Speaker 5: Okay, sounds good. I was with Roik Monday. We'll send it back to you, Tim, all right?
Speaker 3: Can I wait to see the pitchers on Instagram and their travels together back east for the All Star Break. Dodgers Baseball presented by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 4: Visit uniclow dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash us still to come here on Rongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. Of course, Charlie and Rickle have the keys of the game. But up next to go high and tie with the manager himself, Dave Roberts Dodgers and Rockies.
Speaker 4: First pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Bason Dodgers and the Rockies on these Wednesday night show. Hey Otani, Bobblehead Night's part of that greatest game that he had in Game four the NLCS last year. The three home runs, the ten strikeouts, and the win the rookie Sasaki on the Mountain. Tonight, Dodgers Baseball, brought to by Shaky's Pete Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 4: When it's a game night, it's group night at Shaky dot com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: He's the man in demand. That's the manager of the Dodgers, the managers of the National League. And it all presented by Downy Hunday. That's the one and only Dave Roberts. Dave, thanks a lot for the time and officially at the halfway point.
Speaker 13: Yes we're here. You know it certainly goes doesn't go without a lot of mishaps and injuries, as it always does with Dodger baseball. But you know what, we've got the best reking ol of baseball. I'm excited for our players to be a part of the Midsummer Classic. For me to be able to address the superstar again in the citizens big clubhouses is an honor for me, and just to be around the game's best. So yeah, you'd like to be on a beach for four days, but you know, knowing that you went to the World Series the year prior to then have the opportunity to manage you allso our team something special.
Speaker 5: What is the message you give the All Stars?
Speaker 12: You know what?
Speaker 13: Every year it's different. I remember one year I had Reggie Smith speak. Another year I had Albert Poohle speak. I'm not sure. I obviously speak myself, and then I kind of pull a player to give them some relatability for the room. But I think for me it's gratitude. I think that you know, some guys like Freddie for example, this is his tenth it might be his last, you never know, and there's some guys that it's their first and so and it can be fleeting. So I think for me is for players to sort of be in the grind and what they do and try to perform every day, You've still got to take a step back to enjoy some of the fruits, and so that's part of the message, and just the respect for the game. And you know, there's a lot of people that come a long way that support all of us and watch us every single night and just be mindful of stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Manager Dave Roberts is our guest. He'll be there in Philadelphia leading the National League.
Speaker 7: Again.
Speaker 5: There's been a lot of talk about Justin Robleski. He's become somewhat of a sympathetic figure for not being named to the All Star Team. Yet do you still believe the doors open for that possibility?
Speaker 1: I hope.
Speaker 13: So, you know, Major League Baseball has a committee to kind of go through, certainly the backfill of players on the position player side, the pitching, and there's a lot of pitchers that will pitch on Saturday Sunday that are not available, and Justin would be available, So that's kind of my plea to them. And also with Tanner Scott, so I think he's had a tremendous first half. So obviously there's a little bias lens from me, but I also think that both those guys are deserving. So my fingers are crossed. And you know, Justin's had a tremendous first half and so won ten games, and Eer is stellar and he's just such a good guy, so I really want it for him.
Speaker 5: When you talk about confidence and swagger, you usually talk about the guys that have won cy Young's won championships. He was such a big part of what you did in Toronto last year. What is it about him that he has so much confidence in himself?
Speaker 13: You know, that's a great question. I think as I think through that question, I think real confidence comes from people that know who they are, they really do, and they're comfortable being who they are. So I think that Justin knows who he is as a person. He knows who he is as a pitcher, and I think that's where the confidence comes from. Because I think that people that are indecisive, unsure, not confident in who they are, don't know who they are. That's hard to find confidence. Then it's more manufactured. But I think Robo really knows who he is, all right.
Speaker 5: So, speaking of people and guys that you bet on and guys that leave in themselves, where does Dalton Rushing fall on that spectrum of being himself?
Speaker 13: So Dalton so he's a different in a different category in the sense that he is a fiery guy. He's a tough competitor, he expects a lot of himself. There's really no soft edges with him. But in the catching position, he's got to evolve and you've got to have that serve and mentality and that's something that for me, I'm trying to get him to understand that your job number one is not to get hits. It's tough because you expect to get hits and you are a hitting catcher, but your job is to serve the pictures. And you've got to be able to separate the catching, game calling from the hitting. And you know, the emotional part of it. You've got to sometimes temper because you don't want your pictures thinking you care more about your bat than the fingers. So Dalton is growing. He definitely is a confident player, knows he's talented. But I think for him, there still needs to be a finishing score that has to happen.
Speaker 5: Before I let Dave Roberts go leading the National League this year, three time World Series winning manager. You have a big lead, Like you said, do you feel like this team understanding how to win helps manage this big lead and not allow them to exhale before the postseason starts.
Speaker 13: I do you know we lost a game earlier this week, you know where we sort of gave it away. We don't do that very often. We catch the ball. We're pretty good fundamentally, and a lot of teams that we play find ways to lose, and conversely, we do a good job of finding ways to win, and we know how to stack wins regardless of who's healthy, who's not, playing on the road, playing at home, day game after night game, it doesn't matter. So I think that that's probably our biggest superpowers. We just know how to win, and that comes with winning, and that also comes with feeling the pain of losing. What there's a lot of guys in this clubhouse that lost in you know, twenty two, twenty three and don't want to revisit that feeling.
Speaker 5: That's a great point because we always just talk about experienced teams. There's a lot of experienced teams, but teams that don't know how to win, and you guys know how to win.
Speaker 13: Yeah, there's there's a there's a there's a you know, a DNA a pedigree that is real. It's not tangible, it's not quantifiable, but you know, you can see players out there that you don't want them in a big spot as far as other opposition, there's players that you want the ball to hit to them or don't or you want it bad or pitching in so I think for me as we kind of get through the second half, just identifying, as I said earlier, those guys that can handle the smoke and can have that compet that that confidence and know because in the postseason, as we all know, you just never know where that game is going to land, on who it's going to land on, what big moment And to get as many guys ready for that unpredictable moment is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, guy like Miguel Rojas last year. Dave, thanks a lot for the time. Enjoy the All Star Game. Don't forget the little people in the second half day.
Speaker 13: Dave, I'll try to remember you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: There he is the man. Dave Roberts has been our guest like he is every week. Heading into summer without a medical emergency kid is a risk. Also heading into the All Star Game, that's a risk too. Be ready with an urgent care kit, say forty five dollars at checkout with code blue at urgentcarekit dot com slash blue.
Speaker 1: We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 9: Tim.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks a lot of DV. Great to hear from the manager.
Speaker 3: Dave Roberts in great spirits with this team certainly building a big lead in the division and now managing the National League next week in Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: As we lead yet to first pitch, Dodgers and.
Speaker 3: Rocky the final game of this three game series. When we come back all time deeper in this pinching matchup, don't you go anywhere? And Tim kates and this is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio that work.
Speaker 1: This is wrong, Casino Dodgers hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's Dodgers and the Colorado Rockies on this Wednesday nights, the rubber game of this three game set. Dodgers had an opportunity to win last night at a three to one lead. Looked like Justin Robleski was on his way to was eleventh winner of this season, until Dodgers let it get away in the eighth inning and they lose to the Rockies. Tonight though, bounce back game first pitch coming up at seven ten and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 3: Matchups brought to you by here Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Gabriel Hughes on the mound before the Rockies, a twenty four year old right hander. He was a top ten pick in the draft in twenty twenty two out of Gonzaga. Born in Alaska, raised in Idaho, went to Gonzaga.
Speaker 4: And pitch there for three years.
Speaker 3: He becomes the eighth Rocky and fifth pitcher this year to make their major league debut. It's a lot sixth player from the Rockies twenty twenty two draft class alone to make their debut this year with Colorado. It's again a young team. They've drafted well over the last few years because of their bad record and not all a lot of these young guys like the Kyle Carross and Gabriel Hughes making their debuts and impacting this team. Fastball, sweeper, occasional curveball in Triple A this year was two to one with forty eight strikeouts and nine appearances. Man his major league debuted on July third against the Giants. Pitched three innings of relief against the Giants Roki Sasaki on the mound three and five with the five to forty era twenty four year old right hander making his sixteenth start last time out, three innings, six runs, seven hits, three home runs and a no decision against the Padres. Before that, he got roughed up in a loss of Petco Park against the Padres. He hasn't won a game Rookie Sasaki since May twenty third against the Milwaukee Brewers to change that tonight, in his final start before the All Star Break, he took a no decision and his one and only other career start against Colorado, giving up three runs on seven.
Speaker 4: Hits in four and two third innings. On April nineteenth.
Speaker 3: At Course Field, Rookie Sasaki, Gabriel Hughes, Dodgers and Rockies were fifteen minutes away for first pitch.
Speaker 4: Keys to the game.
Speaker 3: Our next, I'm Tim Kates as the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All Season Log.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Rockies one final time from the Ravine. Rookie Sasaki looking for his first wins.
Speaker 4: It's May.
Speaker 3: Gabriel Hughes makes his first start in the Big Least came in relief back on July third. First pitch coming up at seven ten. As we gets you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start great moments, Start with Sapporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference, Sapporo has you covered with a variety of crispin refreshing loggers, including lights and non alcoholic beers. Saporo, Good Wi Sushi, Great with baseball. One final time, back out to the both Charlie Sander, Rickmunday.
Speaker 9: Guess as did Dodgers get ready for the rubber game of this three game series. They're twenty seven games over five hundred team in front of the Padres and the Diamondbacks. The Rockies at thirty eight and fifty five. But watching the Rockies play the last couple of games, they seem to have a spark of life out on the field that we haven't seen a lot.
Speaker 8: Oh exactly. And that's a great point because there now you can see that they're believing themselves.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 8: They won ten of the last eighteen. Yes, they're in last place in the Nation League Western Division. If they can figure out the pitching standpoint up in playing half their games at Coors Field, they've got a very good start. Because this is a young staff, they don't waste any time when they come to home plate to swing the bats.
Speaker 9: Brookie Sasaki. Last four start, boys he struggled in the ur have over ten. He's looking to ride his ship tonight.
Speaker 8: Well, he's got to write it in a hurry. You know, the Dodgers has the guys that are coming back healthy. It's still going to be a little bit of ways, but you know the era exactly as you said, just over ten oh to two in those four starts. I found it interesting and puzzling at the same time. Sasaki said he was happy with his stuff if you look at the last two games in particular, Well, I don't know how you could be happy with your stuff when you're throwing one hundred and sixty nine pitches in seven innings and only fifty eight percent of the pitches if you're throwing at ben strikes.
Speaker 7: And in those last four starts with the erf ten.
Speaker 9: His era has ballooned over a run from four oh three to five forty. So he is looking the game his seat legs tonight. Dodgers and Rockies rubber game of the three game series. Lineups at first pitch coming up?
Speaker 4: All right, David Beassey's got you cover.
Speaker 3: When this one is all over, We'll keep an eye on what's happening with the Arizona and Diamondbacks in San Diego Padres as they wrap up that series down at Petco Park. Remember, the Dodgers go into play with a fourteen game lead over both.
Speaker 4: The Diamondbacks and the Padres.
Speaker 3: Bounce back night for both the Dodgers and Rokie Sasaki NEI. A big start out of Rokie Dodgers and Rockies Necks enjoyed everybody.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kates.
Speaker 3: This has been Rongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network