Speaker 1: This is off season Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Get in on the show by calling eight sixty six Non e seven two seventy four hashtag.
Speaker 1: Dodger Talk and now your host David Basse. Hey, welcome to Dodger Talk. David Vase with you for the first time in twenty twenty six, getting you ready for the Dodgers Cactus League opener, which is just right around the corner February twenty first, right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. The Dodgers will kick off the Cactus League portion of their schedule for the first time in three years. They will have opening Day in North America, so somewhat of a normal spring training and we have got you covered starting tonight on Dodger Talk. We've got a great show for you tonight. We'll climb. As you just heard, Money Petros and Kate's mentioned one of the heroes of the Dodgers championship run in the World Series, a man that came out of nowhere to pitch the final four innings of that eighteen inning marathon through a career high seventy two pitches and helped the Dodgers get their only win of the World Series at Dodgers Stadium in Game three. He will join us in thirteen minutes. We'll climb coming up at the bottom of the hour, I'll let you know what I know about the possibilities of Trek Skoubol being traded. And we have some late breaking Bob Bishek Kyle Tucker rumors circulating from Toronto because the Blue Jays held a press conference today to introduce their newest signing, and that is the infielder from Japan Okamoto. He signed with the Blue Jays and is expected to play third base. And we'll get more and more into what that means for Bob Bishett and Kyle Tucker and how the Dodgers may be waiting in the wings for one of those two players. But before we get to all that, Before we get to all that, I just want to share with you that I've done a lot of things so far this offseason and over the Christmas break. I've been to a Laker game, I've been to a Kings game, I've been to a Rams game. And I could tell you, hands down right now, major League Baseball, in the experience of being at a major League stadium, especially Dodgers Stadium, tops all of it SOFI Stadium, beautiful place, but I don't want to get there at nine in the morning to be able to beat the traffic. I don't want to have to leave with eight minutes left in the fourth quarter. And by the way, have you ever been to an NFL game in person? They talk about baseball being slow? Oh my goodness, the NFL in person. If you have low attention span, you can't sit there. I mean, no wonder people are getting up, getting drinks, getting food. There is so much time in between snaps, so much time in halftime. Forget about that just TV timeouts. I mean, at some point we have to celebrate the fact that Major League Baseball in twenty twenty six is the best experience. It's the best and most entertaining sport out there. I mean, NHL in person is amazing. I can't knock that. It was a great experience to be at the Kings game on Dodger Night. But the Lakers, I mean, the Lakers are as much of an afterthought now as they were right after Magic Johnson retired in nineteen ninety one. I mean, we are talking about Sedale three vlade Eldon Campbell days right now. As far as you know, just the feelings towards the Lakers. I know they got Luca, I know they got Lebron, but I think we all know they're not going anywhere. And until Mark Walter and his group put their stamp on things, it's gonna be that way. And the NBA product is atrocious. I used to love the NBA. I love the Lakers. It's unwatchable right now. The way they play the game. They talk about, you know, analytics ruining baseball, Well, you add to a certain extent, they went too far, and I would argue that some team still go too far. But the Commissioner of baseball, and I don't give him too many compliments, he kind of got the rails back on to make this a better sport to watch, a more entertaining sport. And the Dodgers are the most entertaining team, and we are so spoiled in Los Angeles the last ten plus years. But the NBA is unwatchable. They ruined it. It's a three point euro game. Now it's unwatchable. Can't watch the NBA. So my point is everybody around baseball wants to complain about it. I think at some point everybody needs to acknowledge baseball is the most entertaining sport out there. And maybe I'm spoiled because we cover the Dodgers. We see the Dodgers every single night. That may be true. But this postseason was amazing. Last year's postseason was amazing, This regular season was amazing. And the Dodgers being as good as they are is not ruining baseball. It's making it ten times better. When the Yankees, the Dodgers, the Red Sox are good, Baseball is in a better place. So there's my thing. And also, you know, everybody talked about, you know, the baseball playoffs and the records of some of these division winners and the reseeding the last couple of years. How about what we got on our hands on Saturday afternoon, our own rams, My rams, that's right, My rams are going to Carolina on a short week to play a one thirty Pacific time game, a four to thirty Eastern game against a division winner that has an under five hundred record. The Panthers are eight to nine. You're telling me the Panthers should have a home game and not the Rams. So everybody goes up in arms, including our very own Matt money Smith I mean, mister nfl over here talks about reseting in baseball. Has he mentioned once in the last two days about how disproportionate the seating is in the NFL, especially this Saturday with the Rams. I bet he hasn't. But when it comes to baseball, everybody wants to poke holes in the best sport this side of the NFL. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number we are taking phone calls. We are going to have time to take your calls at the bottom of the hour. But really, I mean, I just had to get those things off my chest. Major League Baseball, this side of the NFL, is the best professional sports league out there right now, hands down the NBA. There is zero buzz about the NBA. Nobody cares about the NBA. I'm sorry. Baseball right now has such a golden opportunity to capitalize on the great players and the great league and the great presentation of the game. They can't squander it. They've got to amplify it. And speaking of that, you know some of these platforms that they've made deals with, you know, it's hard for people to keep up with where these games are going to be at and there's a report today that Peacock has reached out to Clayton Kershaw to be their lead broadcast analyst. That's a great choice. It's outside the box choice, it's the right choice. Will he accept I would say it's fifty to fifty. I don't know how committed he is to being mister mom for twenty four seven, three sixty five, But being a national broadcaster is not as big of a commitment as being Eric Carros or Oral Herscheizer splitting being the analyst for the Dodgers, the two best analysts the Dodgers have that's on TV. That's not as big of a commitment as Rick Monday calling every single game on radio this year. So I think it's a good fit. I think he would be great. He has great insights. I could tell you talking to Clayton, not only during interviews, but without the microphone. He has taught me a lot. He has opened my eyes a lot when he's on headset during games the last five six seven years, in the middle of innings. I think he's really insightful. I don't think he's cookie cutter. I think I know for a fact that he has not only evaluated other hitters, but has evaluated other broadcasters, so he seems to believe that he hasn't figured out. It's not as easy as I'm sure he believes it is. It does take some effort. And Charlie Steiner once pointed something out to me that I still believe is one hundred percent true. There are athletes that are in the broadcast booth that are just former athletes, but the great ones that have made the transition. The Chris collins Worth, the John Smoltz, guys like that, Oral Herscheizer, Eric Carrows, those type of guys, they are broadcasters that used to play. That's the biggest difference. And you can tell the difference pick anybody out that is the analyst, no matter what sport it is. Are they just a guy that is relying on, you know, what they did as a player and hanging around the cage and that's what they're going with with no other preparation, or are they actually doing some homework in the hotel room at their house before they show up at the ballpark. That's a broadcaster. And I firmly believe that if Kershaw went, you know, it's not if it's a matter of when he goes into the broadcast booth and whatever he does, I believe that it will be at the stadium in the booth instead of being on a desk. That's just my own personal opinion. He will be really good and insightful and open your eyes and make you learn things that you may not otherwise have known. So, if it's this year with Peacock, if it's five years down the line after John Smoltz believes that, you know, he wants to just be on the golf course twenty four to seven. Kershaw's that guy. He's the next guy. Trust eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're gonna take a time out when we come back. One of the key members of the Dodgers twenty twenty five World Championship team, Will Cline, will join us next on AM five to seventy LA Sports. David Vasse with you until eight o'clock tonight on Dodgers Radio AM five to seventy LA Sports. You can find us as well on the iHeartRadio app. Make us one of your presets. You can find all the podcasts, all the interviews, all the shows of Dodger Talk on the iHeartRadio podcast. Our next show is going to be on Thursday night at seven o'clock. And hey, we're still celebrating back to back World championships. Why wouldn't you? And we are joinin right now by a man that was a huge part of the twenty twenty five World Series, a man that many of you may not have known in spring training, but he certainly made his presence known in the postseason. That is the one and only winning pitcher from Game three of the World Series, Will clinb Will, Happy New Year, and thanks a lot for taking the time time to call in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, happy to you guys. Thanks for having me on this as an honor.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's an honor to have you on. You are definitely a champion of the Dodgers, a champion of the city. What's life been like for Will Klein ever since the Dodgers won Game seven of the World Series.
Speaker 2: It's definitely been a different offseason than last year. It's kind of been, you know, all over the place, like doing cool things like I've heard from you know, like I mean, like getting brand deals and like just meeting people I wouldn't have without, you know, everything that happened this year and obviously World Serious Champions is a pretty cool addition to know some awards, and so that's that's certainly one of a kind. And so just yeah, just trying to take time to appreciate everything that's happened this year and how thankful we are for everything the Dodgers and everyone that supports the Dodgers, everything I've done. So it's been it's been really really fun to you know, kind of take all in and feel the sport for everybody.
Speaker 1: Will We were on different buses for the parade and we missed each other that day. What was it like for you to see the sea of humanity on the streets of Los Angeles caring so much about you and the rest of the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: It was not at all what I expected. It was a million times cooler, and you know, maybe just so appreciative for everything that the fans do, and you know, like I grew up a baseball fan and like I was like die hard, and I like root for all sorts of other sports, and so to be on that side for you know, millions of people and to get to see them out there and how like excited and they see kids taking off school to come to the parade and you see people that have been fans for like eighty years doing the same thing, and so just see that and like that they're there to like celebrate something that I had a part of and you know we all did as a as a team. Was just it really makes you appreciate the little thing a little more.
Speaker 1: Will Kleine is our guest. World Series Champion. Will Klein is our guest. You know, after the World Series and actually the day of the parade, Clayton Kershaw told me, I never saw the final out. I never knew what happened to end Game seven of the World Series. Did you see the final out? Did you know what was going on? Did you do you remember Kershaw being so locked in?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was, I mean I was shaking that entire Oh but yeah, Kershaw was warming up because I know they had a lefty either on deck or coming up in a couple and we had to yell at him in between innings to come in and start warming up because he was like playing catch on the field, you know, just probably as like a one last time kind of deal, and he was out there throwing and we had to like yell and then he couldn't hear us from the bullpen, so someone had to go down onto the field actually get them to come up and like warm up.
Speaker 3: And so I know, he said, like you thought he was in Like.
Speaker 2: He didn't realize we had got an adult play to end it. And so that's like to not be able to appreciate it instantly. It was kind of kind of funny for it to like happen to him, of all people. That's just how locked in he gets. And obviously that's why he had had such a story career.
Speaker 3: But it's really.
Speaker 2: Funny that, like, of all people to not be able to like appreciate it right away, it was it happened to him.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me that in between innings of that part of Game seven of the World Series, eighth ninth innings ish maybe tenth inning, that Kershaw was playing catch on the field instead of in the bullpen.
Speaker 2: Well, like a bullpen catcher or pitcher goes down and warm stuff, either like the right fielder or the left fielder in between most things like on the road and stuff with like how far think ta Oska is in right field? So like they're out there and then our bullpen's right there. So you know, Kershaw being Kershaw, like he can kind of override anyone and goes down I'm gonna go do that, And so he went down.
Speaker 3: There to kind of appreciate it.
Speaker 2: One last time, and he was playing catch with in between and they're like, yeah, curse, I got to get ready and and like yeah, we were literally yelling from the bullpen and so he couldn't hear us because it was pretty loud there, and so yes, someone had to go get them. But it's like it's a normal thing, like either a bolben catcher or like a pitcher warms up with like throws them between innings with outfielders, you know, to help us stal those and them. But I think he just kind of want to do it one last time and kind of turned into a funny moment for.
Speaker 3: All of us.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Will Klein is our guest. All right, Well, I know you've been asked this a million times. I interviewed you after Game three of the World Series, after Freddy's walk off home run. What do you remember the most about getting through those four innings? And if you don't do that, there's a very good chance, with the way things played out, the Dodgers don't win the World Series has Well, let's start with the first part of that question. How did you get through each and every one of those four innings?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I just there's something about like that last man standing thing that kind of kicks you into overdrive. I think it's like a really cool like fight or flight, Like you don't really get to ever experience it except for like those extreme situations. So it's like being that last guy out there just kind of motivates you even more and just be able to like do it for the city of Los Angeles, for the team, for everyone watching, you know, just drives you. And so each inning, like you hear the crowd go crazy after you get that last out, like Okay, I can keep doing this a little more. And you know, every time I came in, I just kept thinking, like, we're not losing this game, Like I told them, I didn't care how long I had to go, like we weren't going to lose a game. But then I was done after four and so if Yama goes in, who knows what happens there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that was amazing. You know, one thing that struck me will and maybe you can describe what you were feeling on the mound your teammates in your dugout, they were willing you to every strike, to every out, to every inning. How much did you feed off of that emotion from your dugout to help push you to kind of pick you up emotionally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really felt that, especially those last the third and the fourth ending there. The first two you're like running like that's nothing super extraordinary except for it being the World Series and you know, super stressful. But you get to the third and the fourth and uncharted territories for me as a pitcher, and you know, you start to feel a little bit and you try to dig deep.
Speaker 3: But then you like feel those guys and you feel.
Speaker 2: Them like cheering freef pitch and you feel them like yelling at you, like keep going and stuff like that. And that's just like if you know, if they can believe in me, I can believe in myself too, and so it just it definitely gives you like an extra ten percent, you know, in your fuel tank to keep going. And so well, especially like in the last inning, like, man, those guys I could I could hear them, you know, they were they were the ones to keep me afloat them, and you know, all the fans and stuff, So they were pretty much the only reason I got through that last inning.
Speaker 1: I think, Hey, when I saw you coming back to the dugout in the seventeenth inning, it felt like you had emptied the emotional tank. How did you pick yourself up to go back out there for the eighteenth I was, you know, you always hear about that when you emptied the tank, you feel like you're done. How did you how did you pick yourself back up emotionally after the seventeenth inning to go back out there for the eighteenth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's a really good question because you always see guys that go crazy if you didn't last out, like come back out the next daying it doesn't go so well. Well, I was just you know, as soon as that third out happened, I'm like all right, like you know, might as well.
Speaker 3: Go do it again.
Speaker 2: Like you get up there and like I think, you throw the first fish and in the adournaline you know, took over again.
Speaker 3: But like I got back in the.
Speaker 2: Dugout, we had a chance at that inning, and so like you're sitting there like cheering on your team. But as soon as two outs of team. I just kind of stapped there and brought myself back back there earth, back to you know, the moment, and try to like get back into the game. And so just like I really worked with my breathing this year and like mental stuff and so be able to get myself back in the zone in the midst of so much chaos. It's a little bit of extra effort, but just be able to like call myself and find it and be like, all right, let's let's just go do this one more time, you know, like that we're not losing this game. Like that was a huge part of just just staying that over and over and over again until you start believing it.
Speaker 3: And so that just kept me going.
Speaker 2: And then you get back on that mound and you hear all the fans again, all the all the teammates and the dugout and it kicks starts for you too.
Speaker 1: Will kleinb when did you kind of click keeping your composure and the breathing to be able to help you throw strikes and also be the type of picture that a lot of the members of the coaching staff believed you can be and do what you did in game three of the World Series of what point in the season did you really turn all of that around your composure, your mound presence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember I had a couple of tough ones, Like my tenure when I first got here wasn't bad, Like the results were good, but I had a couple. I had a top one in Milwaukee where you're up there and you're not throwing strikes and it feels like you just can't. And so we had like we have a really good staff and really good mental health and mental skills people, and so just I sat down one day, I was just talk talk to them for a while about it, and they're like everyone everyone feels the same way. It's like sometimes you don't feel like you belong with especially Knight the Dodgers Clubhouse. And then they're like, well everyone has thought that at some point you do belong. You want to be here if you don't, And then just like changing your attitude, like every pitch is just be like all right, go ahead and hit this, you know, like you got to go out there, believe me, you're the best player on the planet, and just be like all right, like let's see what happens with this one. And you can't be worried about walking guys otherwise or you're going to you know, like you that's the number one way to walk guys, and to worry about walking guys. And so just going out there and attacking each hitter with the mentality of all right, go ahead and hit this pitch, you know. And so I think that really helped, especially there in game three, because I could like I just could feel myself like I'm gonna go up there, I'm gonna rip this pitch in there, get it back, I'm gonna do it again, you know. And so just it really helps narrow it down, just attacking hitters and really going one pitch at the time and you know, self belief and just be able to take a deep breath and like slip the moment down. I remember there was there was one time when I first got the daughters, kind of like wearing my way around, like nervous around everybody, didn't know anybody. I'm just like walking real faster the hall ways and Doc comes up to me, and I like, you really got to slow down and just like appreciate it, you know, like you're supposed to be here, Like just slow down and you know, take a breath and you know, take all in. And so I found myself like really trying to do that at some points until it became you know, second nature, but it is it is really easy to like let its feed up on you. And so just like even that like now we're in the hallway or the cafeteria or something. He said that, and that was a big thing for me too, just like slowing down and you know, taking in, taking a breath, and so just different pieces I picked up from my tenure there when I first got there and really helped them. Kind of it's kind of funny what what comes to ahead and what helps them big moments, but I think each little thing did.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's amazing. Will Klein as our guest, I'm sure. I'm sure you you feel like you belong more, especially after what two play to what took place in the World Series. So do you feel like when you arrive in spring training it's a very different air of confidence for where you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely like the experience, Like I don't think anything can you try to get experience to pitch in those moments and then like having done that already, it should make everything else, you know, a little a little better. But there's still like the whole like what you've done in the past doesn't really dictate what you do in the future. Like you still have to go each time and pitch. But yeah, just just having that and just knowing that I can do that, I can you can kind of do anything there and so that really helps. You know, there's like that's kind of a crazy experience to get no kind of after all the last couple of years, and so just having that and instills some serious confidence. But yeah, you still.
Speaker 3: Got to go take a pitch by pitch for that. Yeah, that definitely helps.
Speaker 1: No doubt. Baseball is a what have you done for me lately? Sport? That's for sure. Hey, Will, before I let you go, I got to ask you this question. It's not lost on me that Will kleimb may not have that opportunity in the World Series if it wasn't for the unfortunate reasons that Alex Vesia couldn't be on the World Series roster. Have you heard from Vesia after you guys won the World Series? Has that been lost on you? Do you realize just how everything kind of played out for you to even be on the roster. I'm curious if you've spoken to Alex Vesia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously, like that's that's such a heavy thing, you know, for them to go through, and it's really unfortunate, Like you know, you always want to find a roster spot for yourself, but for it to be like in such a way as that, like it kind of dampers it. And like he was on all of our minds and obviously like the mood days players like we're really respectful about it too and put in them on their hats, and so I like to think that, you know, he was with us the whole time, like especially in game three where everyone of the bullpen kind of went out and shoved, and so we wouldn't have gotten there without him either, Like he is such a huge part of the team and and behind the scenes on the mound, you know, everything like he did this year like got us there and so but yeah, like I had uh, I heard heard from him after game three, uh, and then we we've texted a little bit since then. I think they're, you know, handley as best as they can.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's it is as unfortunate as circumstances as one can have in life, and it's really it's really sad, but you know, like if anything, if there's anything best you can do, it's it's get through it and you know, come back stronger and so real, like excited to see him in spring and everything. But I think they're doing doing well now and now just hopefully hopefully, yeah, hopefully're gonna be able to get through it and we'll see him in the spring.
Speaker 1: Love it will. Thanks a lot for coming on and sharing your story. It's so cool to be able to reflect on it now, because I know when you're in it, you you really can't. And I know tops produced your first major league debut baseball card. I can't wait to see your first baseball card in a Dodger uniform. Maybe a World Series type of photo. Any any shot of that happening in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they did a special run for the World Series and the Game three, So the Game three ones have been shipped out. I think people, like a lot of my family members got some of those. So it's really cool to get a Dodger's uniform one. And then you know, there's the World Series. They did a special World Series team set that should be shipping out soon, so that'll be really cool.
Speaker 1: To I try to get that it sold out tops now sold out. I couldn't get that one, dang it.
Speaker 2: Yeah they were they were tough. I just yeah, I posted a picture you know, a week or two ago. They sent they sent him out to sign. It was a so cool, like getting a hold of in my hand. I'm like, man, that really that really happened. Like we won the World Series and you know of a part of this like some hard collector as well, So like it was just kind of like holding that card in my hand, I was like, oh, wow, that really did happen. And there's like I can actually prove to people happen.
Speaker 3: To have the card now.
Speaker 1: You know, Hey, you'll be able to prove it the rest of your life with that ring. When you get that ring for the first game of the season, you're gonna be able to prove it. Will kleinb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I'm really excited for that.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be that's gonna be really really it's cool.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for that too. And I know Dodger fans will show you the love that you deserve because you were such a key piece. Has so many word to be able to pull off one of the greatest world series wins in a seven game series, and uh, definitely your name will be in history forever. We'll go down in history forever. Will thanks a lot for coming on. I know it took up a lot of your time. I know this is really a thrill for you to kick off twenty twenty six. Now it's officially begun for you. Will klinb being on the show with us.
Speaker 3: No, I really appreciate this. This was fun. Yeah, just really excited for the new year.
Speaker 2: I know this is gonna be a little bit creative of spring training with everything that's happened, so I'm excited to get back at it with the guys. So I can't wait and see you with twenty twenty six springs. You know, hopefully another world series, so.
Speaker 3: No doubt to make that happen.
Speaker 1: Will Klin will be walking slow with confidence in that Dodger clubhouse when he arrives in spring training. Will, congratulations, and you are certainly a world champion. Can't wait to see you in Arizona.
Speaker 3: Yeh, thank you guys, thank you for having me on. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: My pleasure. There he goes Will Klin. What a great guy, what a great story, great storyteller as well, really let us in on everything that was going on with him on the mound with the team. Just really special. Your thoughts on Will Klein eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. Will also get to a Trek Scooble update, Bobashett, Kyle Tucker update, and where the Dodgers stand in search of another outfielder. A lot more Dodger talk to come between now at eight o'clock right here on a five to seventy LA Sports. One of the heroes of Game three of the World Series, Freddie Freeman sho Heyo Tani, also had something to say as far as the outcome of that game and the outcome of the World Series. But certainly that Will Klein. I'm not going to say he came out of nowhere, but he kind of came out of nowhere for the majority of fans watching that World Series, especially a lot of Dodger fans that really didn't know who he was, and certainly Baseball fans who did not know who Will Line was. But I can tell you this, you know, going back to even the NLCS, there were a lot of coaches that were telling me Will Klin should be on our roster. Will Climb belongs on this roster. And he proved them right. He proved Andrew Friedman wright, and he proved Dave Roberts right. What Dave Roberts says the first day of spring training to the entire group of players, it doesn't just take twenty six guys to win the World Series. Some of you that are not going to break camp with us are going to help us win the World Series. When you have guys like Will Kline among others, Justin Dean among others that play pivotal roles not only in the regular season but in the World Series. How much more credibility do you need if you're Dave Roberts when you address the team day one of this year spring training. The sixtieth guy in that room that probably is not going to see or doesn't believe he's going to see the major leagues until June July, well you better be ready because you could be the next Will Kline. So thank you to Will Klin for coming on the show, a great story, a great interview. In case you missed it, you could still find it on the iHeartRadio app. It'll be posted after the show. I heard Petro some money. By the way, are going to be at BJ's and Cerritos. Have they checked the Clippers schedule? Make sure that they're not rescheduling any insignificant NBA games. Just want to make sure, you know, four hour show in Cerritos. You gotta make sure has Adam Auslin notified them about the Clippers schedule? You never know anyway, I well, come on, that's a continuation of you know, December twenty twenty five. Got to close the book on that. And also December twenty twenty five, Katela five Pingalore report, pingaling David Pingalore was making you freak out that the Dodgers and Tigers were going to make a trade before Christmas. Well it's January sixth, twenty twenty six, and no trade has happened. In fact, Terrek's scuobel over the holiday break was making the Detroit sports rounds. He attended the Lions game, he attended a Red Wings game. He even attended a college basketball game with Tom Izzo's Michigan State Spartans. Doesn't seem like Terrek Scuobol is acting like a guy that's going to be traded and he's not going to be traded. I have spoken to people in the School Bowl camp over the last couple of weeks that made it very clear to me that they would be shocked if Trek school Bul was traded. Now, they don't control that, the Tigers do, but the way they explain it to me was the way I was trying to explain it to you when everybody was freaking out over you know, an instagram or a you know, a video in the lobby of the winter meetings that Hey, yes, the Dodgers and Tigers have talked. The Tigers have talked to other teams, and yes, I would agree that if the Tigers were to trade Tearg Schoobl, the Dodgers have the players that bets fit what the Tigers should be asking in return. And also I reported before Christmas that the Tigers are asking for an exorbitant amount in return as far as player capital goes. They're asking for what the Padres gave up for Juan Soto when Soto had two and a half years left of team control. School Bol is a free agent at the end of twenty twenty six. That's a lot to ask and basically tells you that they weren't serious about trading Schooble. The way it was laid out to me is if the Tigers were to trade Trek Scooble and whatever team traded these amount of prospects to the Tigers, they would lose a lot of leverage in free agency to his agent, Scott Boris to be able to re sign Trek's Schouble. Scott Boris has been through this before Garrett Cole with the Astros. Everybody was saying the Astros should trade Garret Cole because the Astros and Boris couldn't come to some sort of extension agreement. And by the way, Scott Boris is not going to agree to an extension this year. He's taking Trek Scouble to the open market to get what many people probably believe he won't be able to get, similar to what people were saying about Garret Cole, that he wouldn't be able to get the single greatest contract at the time for a pitcher in Garrett Cole. So the Astros kept Garrett Cole and got to the World Series. The Tigers are not going to wave the white flag on their season before pitchers and catchers arrived, So you know, just put that into perspective, Trek Skouble, I would say the chances of him being traded before pitchers and catchers report, I put it at ten percent. How about that you want to number there? It is there's a better chance that he gets traded at the deadline if the Tigers fall out of it. But they're in a very weak division and they had a pretty big lead that aj Hinch blew. So take that for what it's worth, all right, bobashek Kyle Tucker. A lot of news surrounding those two players at this hour right now, because there are multiple reports from credible reporters around Major League Baseball, including Ken Rosenthal, a friend of the show from The Athletic and Fox Sports, that is saying that with the signing of Okamoto that the Blue Jays just made official yesterday, he is going to play third base, and the Blue Jays do not want to block Ernie Clement from getting regular playing time at second base. So what does that mean? That means that Bo Bishett, according to Ken Rosenthal, is not going to return to the Blue Jays, And there is increasing reports at this hour at seven forty five tonight that Kyle Tucker and the Blue Jays are getting closer to a deal. Jim Duquett of a series XM and the Mets Network SNY is saying it's the Dodgers, the Blue Jays, and the Mets in in the race for Kyle Tucker. Now, Jim Duquett doesn't tweet those things very often. He works for the Mets Network. He's based in New York, former Mets GM. That would tell you that the Mets and Blue Jays are trying to get Kyle Tucker at a very high annual salary for an extended amount of years. The Dodgers are reportedly hanging around the quote backboard. If Tucker's market falls out, drops out and he is more inclined for a shorter term deal, that's where the Dodgers would come into play for Kyle Tucker. And quite honestly, you know, Kyle Tucker's baseball reputation seems to have taken a hit during this winner and during this past season, there's been a lot of talk about Kyle Tucker's lack of enthusiasm for baseball and the willingness to grind out seasons. You know, teams that have players for multiple years know those players better than other teams. What does it tell you that the Astros decided to trade away Kyle Tucker, who supposedly is a generational talent. That tells you a lot the Astros are not afraid to spend anyway. Bobashett, if he's not a Blue Jay, I believe he fits in perfect with the Dodgers, and he could play second base. Keep in mind Keiky Hernandez, who is going to be back with the Dodgers eventually, is not going to be able to play a game until you know, juneish and last year he played more outfield than he played infield. Tommy Edmond is coming back from major right ankle surgery. He I mean, he told me that he believes he'll be a little bit behind in spring training. But with the way the Dodgers played so cautiously to keep their guys healthy for the end of the season, you know, if Tommy Edmund's not one hundred percent, they're not going to rush him out to the gates. So there is room for Bishett to play a lot of second base. There is room for Bob Baschett to give Munsey days off, and if Munsey gets hurt, play third base. So in twenty twenty six, there is a fit for Bo Bischett. Max Munsey's on the last year of his deal. We'll see where that goes and where that plays out. And look, if for some reason the Dodgers need Bo Baschett to play shortstop, they got a guy that could play second, short and third base, and more importantly, is a right handed hitter with power that hits for average. And he's twenty eight years old. Name another Dodger on the infield that is under the age of thirty you can't. So when we talk about the Dodgers getting younger, Bob Baschett would fit all that. And he's a pretty good second baseman. He's I don't know, willing to play third and second in short so you know, he's a guy that I believe is a great fit for the Dodgers. As far as the outfield goes, they're looking for outfield help as well. Just because you would sign a Bob Bashett doesn't mean you can't sign or make a trade for an outfielder. Now that's the reason why you're still hearing the Dodgers interest in Kyle Tucker. If they signed Tucker, there's no trade for anybody else And probably not going to work out with Bo Bashett, But it seems like the Blue Jays are saying goodbye to Bo Baschett and they are working to sign Kyle Tucker, and I actually think that's a pretty good fit for Tucker. Not a lot of pressure up there in Canada. As far as the Dodgers other outfield options. We've heard about Lars Newbar out of Elsagundo High School. Teammates with sho hey O Tani on Team Japan in the World Baseball Classic, and I know he likes Lars Newbar, so he's got the Otani stamp on him. Free agent out there the Dodgers had interest in during the trade deadline. Harrison bad are still out there. I have heard the Dodgers have talked to the Astros about their center fielder Jake Myers, who had a breakout year last year. And everybody is talking about the Dodgers and Jared Duran. How about Willy a bray You. If I'm the Dodgers, I'm not asking about Jared Duran. I'm asking about Willy a bray You. Willy obray You is a better player than Jared Duran, and he's only twenty nine. He hit twenty. He hit twenty two home runs last year and had an OPS close to eight hundred, and it was a down year for Willy A. Bray You. He's only twenty what is he? He's twenty six years old. He turned twenty seven in June. He's a really good outfielder too, that can play right field. So you could have Bray You and Taoscar Hernandez in left field, to Bray You and right Hernandez and left and Pa Haz in center if you went that route, if you went the Larst new Bar route. He can play all three outfield spots. He could play center, Paz could play right, Taoscar Hernandez could play left. What this all leads back to is Taioscar Hernandez going back to left field. That's where he thrived in his first year with the Dodgers. And when you make mistakes or you don't get great jumps in left field, it's not as glaring as it is in right field. Speaking of Taoscar Hernandez, I'm not sure if you are on social media a lot many of you are, if you have seen Taoscar Hernandez's photos since the season ended, this guy is in tremendous condition. It appears, and from what I've been told by p close to ta Oscar, he has been in the lab in Tampa, in Florida working to get better for a resurgent twenty twenty six. And he didn't have a bad twenty twenty five. He was doing pretty well. He was on his way to the All Star Game before he injured his groin. And it's refreshing to hear him, a proud Dominican and a man that loves his country and his people say, you know what, I'm going to pass on playing for the Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Classic and focus on allowing my body to heal, to rest to be ready for the Major League season and the Dodgers. That tells you the mentality of Taoscar Hernandez going into spring training. So you know, when I'm on sports Net LA and they throw us all these topics, hey pick your number one target for the Dodgers if they If you were to ask me today, who is going to have the bounce back season for the Dodgers, the biggest bounce back come back season for the Dodgers, it's one guy. It's thirty seven it's ta Oscar Hernandez. He is going to have a monster twenty twenty six, mark my words on that. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Our next show is coming up on Thursday night at seven o'clock, and we're gonna have basically two shows a week up until spring training starts. I'll be leaving for Camelback Ranch in Glendale, Arizona, on February thirteenth, that's my report date, so I'll be out there then. And the first Dodgers Cactus League game is on February twenty first, and you will hear it live right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. And the Dodgers will be opening up the Major League season or they're part of the major League schedule for the first time in a number of years at Dodgers Stadium. That's right. Ring Day is going to be opening Day for the Dodgers on March twenty sixth. It's a Thursday Dodgers Diamondbacks at five thirty at Dodgers Stadium, the home opener, Opening day for the Dodgers in North America for the first time in three years. On March twenty six five thirty against the Diamondbacks. It's not too soon to start looking at the first homestand because the Dodgers will start with three games against the Diamondbacks and then host the Cleveland Guardians for three games before they head out on their first road trip of the season, and that will be in our nation's capital and then going back to Toronto. Can you believe that the Dodgers first road trip of the season will include a trip to Toronto, Canada as world champions? That should be spectacular. All right, that'll do it for us on Dodger Talk tonight. Thank you to Ronnie Fossio for all his help, Thank you to listen, Thank you for listening. And like I said, in case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. We'll be back with you on Thursday night at seven o'clock. I'll be back with you as well on sports net LA at six o'clock on Thursday night with our guy John Hartung and Jerry Harriston Junior. So we got a big Dodger day on Thursday, sports net LA at six o'clock, Dodger Talk at seven o'clock right here on a five to seventy LA Sports. You can follow me on Instagram at officially Vassa and on x at the Real Underscore DV. We'll talk to you on Thursday. Coming up next, Jason Smith on Fox Sports Radio. See you