Speaker 1: Welcome to the sixty nine annual Power Trip NFL Mock Draft.
Speaker 2: It is Christmas Day for meat sauce. It's finally here, saucy. Look hell yeah, man, look at you. Look at your running down the stairs. Yeah, well you're underwear down, not up the stairs trying to hug the commissioner like Santa Claus.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm glad to be surrounding in a room of wonderful men, attractive men, especially the one right there.
Speaker 3: It's an honor to do radio when you're talking atwood. Oh oh is he over there?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 3: Hey, Greg, you're contracting up for a long time. Thank you. Look at this. This is great past of thousands.
Speaker 6: What do you like better, Christmas morning or this? Well, well, Christmas morning with my kiddo. But now this, this is my favorite day that y're not clothes. I'd rather do this than any other sporting is thatcho?
Speaker 2: Do you think are we gonna get pinged for the NFL teams?
Speaker 3: Probably? I think Pa has some PA bed that you can use. Hey, Greg, remember when radio was fun and we could just do whatever we wanted.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do, Cory, and I really appreciate the fact that people think somehow I get this all the time.
Speaker 3: It was my decision, right, it was your fault. It is not. Okay, it is not. Can we can we blame it on drop Foot? Then yeah, it was a throw up your drop foot. Yep. Drop Foot basically said, all the fund's over. Yeah, yep, you're welcome, super Dave.
Speaker 2: It's the day, guys, the day is here.
Speaker 6: So look look at all these people, Carper Fox, Ben Leberg, Greg Sweatberg, Dave sinek In, Paul Meat Sauce, Lambert Alec Lewis. But all the way from Mormon Land, a great salt Lake, Paul charging, Hi, everybody, charge hi friends. You know, it's great to be great to be back. It is great to be back. And it's Mormon town. By the way, how do you say the like a Utahian yoututanh a Utah?
Speaker 8: I am a utah Now it's I still I still refer to the Twin Cities as us and we and you know the So it's still in my blood. But yeah, it's a U tough freaking kicks ass. Nobody nobody else moved there. You you spent a lot of time outdoors. It's one of the reasons you moved out there. Right, there's a lot of things to see out there. You do you ever do happy baby out in the sun.
Speaker 6: I feel like this is a trick question, bh, I'm gonna go no, the solar power yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't think. I don't think I want to be I don't think I want to acknowledge that in any way.
Speaker 3: Fair enough. Not sure what I'm walking into right now. You're not saying no, that's not a denial. Not a denial. No, I'm not saying it. Give it a shot. I would do it with Ben for sure. Okay, okay, there's a lot of that. All right, figure out my ring to figure that out? Wait the rate? Who's paying who in this arrangement? Tommy? For sure?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 3: Should we get this thing up and running?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Please, you know who the man is in charge of the guy who put this whole thing together, the guy who's done all the hard work. And Greg, I'm not kidding, meets us Paul Lambert. Let's put this entire so thank you?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 2: Should we get started right away? Do you want to talk first? What are you thinking?
Speaker 4: I think we can get started right away. I mean, we got eighteen picks to go through. P L join us at pick eighteen and he'll tell us who they're going to take.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: Alec Lewis is here with some good information. Leber's here, everybody's here. It'll be great site. He's here without a uh packer pick. Parker's here if you're going to Yeah, Parker's great. You got to as Parker.
Speaker 2: Knows more about stuff than you think he does.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, which is great. I'm glad to have all these people here. We would have had Maxo, but Maxo's on the injured list here.
Speaker 3: On oh he is max brother brother. Yeah, we can start.
Speaker 8: What are you are you suggesting there's something in his mouth right now?
Speaker 3: Wires? Oh, wires, wires are in his mouth right now. He s got it? Yeah, I think.
Speaker 6: I think Wemby the other day when he had his face bounce off the floor.
Speaker 3: But this was we leave off of a bike. Yeah, concrete yep. So it just shattered as John a million pieces.
Speaker 2: Luckily, Rosie was right there by the scene and he walked over him, went oh.
Speaker 6: And then as soon as he knew he was okay, he goes a Rivederci best meal of his life. Correct, Here we go let's go all right, So Saw you made the executive decision, and I think it's smart.
Speaker 3: You know, thank you.
Speaker 6: While we're wasting our time, Fernando Mendoz is gonna go one, so we don't have to have a mock draft. We don't have to have somebody fake research and pick Fernando Mendoza.
Speaker 3: He's going number one to the Raiders Ken.
Speaker 2: Before we make that second pick, though, can we go around the room and just get a quick idea from everybody? Charge to Alec everybody, is Fernando Darling gonna be good?
Speaker 3: Great or not? Is he worth the number one pick? Anybody think that this is fool's gold? Yes or no? I think he's worth the pick. Yeah, I did too.
Speaker 5: I agree, like I think there's definitely a developmental hurdle with him, But I'll like Mendoza.
Speaker 3: He's in a great situation. He's got Kirk there.
Speaker 11: Kirk can he can be the guy for this one year, maybe a couple of games into the following year.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 11: We'll see how his development goes, but there's no pressure for him to come in and lead that franchise in year one, So.
Speaker 3: I think it's a good situation.
Speaker 6: They go watch some film together, then they hit the strip and play table minimum blackjack for five minutes.
Speaker 5: It's really if you could just put a camera in the quarterback room, I mean, it would just be spectacular.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, George Nerdfest. I think he's I think he's going to be good. This is it's a good time to bring him in. They've basically rebooted the entire organization, which I approve of outside of ownership, and so fresh start for him and as people have already mentioned, no real pressure to win or six seed early, which is which is a real luxury for any quarterback. I'd like to see him not play at all through the first half of the season if I if I had my choice. It's not like the Raiders are playoff contenders are likely to be, so you know, let him learn and give him the opportunity to get better from the bench, and I think that'll be better from lock term. But the traits there are there for him to be as successful, but to me, not high end NFL quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: So here's the obvious one.
Speaker 6: Why are we not asking Dave Sinek And that's your guy, the Indiana exactly. You love the guy, but do you believe it's going to translate yes or no?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do. I do love the guy.
Speaker 9: I watched every second of his season at Indiana, and the fact that I'm alive and at Indiana Hoosier is the number one pick in the NFL draft is something I never a sentence. I never thought i'd utter. It's unbelievable. He grew up idolizing Brady. He's not Brady two point zero, but he kind of patterns himself after Brady, and having Brady there to sort of mentor him, I think is an amazing thing, along with cousins. So yeah, I think he'll start sooner rather than later. I don't think it'll be half the season. I think it'll be three or four weeks.
Speaker 3: Does he have weaknesses?
Speaker 9: He really played under center, so the pro game's a little different. A lot of RPO stuff at Indiana. But I mean the pressure moments is where he stepped up and the red zone stepped up and things you can't articulate sometimes when you when you watch a lot of film. This guy proved it every time. He had to just look at the Penn State finished. You know that's cool.
Speaker 3: I think he's proven himself I think. I don't agree.
Speaker 9: I don't think he's a Pro Bowl kind of guy, but I think he's a top fifteen quarterback when all said and done.
Speaker 2: Last mock draft I read said the only week you had, does he likes big butts and he cannot lie?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, we don't blame him that he can't lie about it.
Speaker 6: Is anybody nervous about the geek factor that he's kind of a nerd, because like, unless you're Philip Rivers, it doesn't happen very often. We're like a nerd is a dominant, dominant quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 5: But kind of to your point about Philip Rivers, like he was like a likable nerd, and I feel like Mendoza kind of has that where it's a it's likable.
Speaker 3: It's definitely likable.
Speaker 11: But it's like, yeah, I think Philip is he's kind of a unicorn.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I mean, there's not a lot of guys that can have that dog mentality and just say frick all the time.
Speaker 3: Brilliant. He really pulled it off. It really is.
Speaker 6: What what if we get the Raiders to sign Philip Rivers just for a year so we have the Holy Trinity a frick All on the same team. Yeah, all right, So Mendoza goes one to the Raiders, all right, pick two.
Speaker 2: Hold on one second.
Speaker 3: Goes to the New York Jets.
Speaker 11: And Ben Leber And can I just say this real quick, if if the Raiders take all eight minutes to make the selection, I might run.
Speaker 3: I might go right through the screen and punch that guy in the face. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 7: I think that's there. Everybody takes their eight minutes so they can be on TV their team.
Speaker 3: The helmet would be up. Yeah, they go through all that.
Speaker 7: I think that I'm kind of glad the NFL reduced it to eight minutes because people would take all ten minutes and they wouldn't know what the pictures.
Speaker 11: Well, my hope is that we've been talking about the Raiders in Mendoza for four three months now, so they've had all the time that they get as far as marketing and exposure. So just make the damn selections so we can get onto the Jets, and with that, I've got the second pick. I know there's a lot of discussion about it's not exactly about what position they want to go after, it's about which one that they want.
Speaker 3: They want to take.
Speaker 11: I'm a bigger fan of David Bailey than any other top end edge rusher out there. I think he has the most juice off the line. I think he has got a great first step. I think he actually plays with some bend, which some of these guys can't.
Speaker 3: Lagging the Jews.
Speaker 11: So I'm going to number two, take David Bailey, Texas tech edge rusher, get it to me charge.
Speaker 3: I think that's it. That's the pick I would make as well.
Speaker 8: A lot of people like Rville Reese here, but I like Bailey better because of the proven year over year production that he has, including forty two tackles for lost forty two. I mean, I just I love the proven production here. I think Ben nailed it. And again I know a lot of people like Reese. I think Ben made the right selection with David Bailey. Alec I like that pick Ben. I think that's gonna be the pick. Number three Cardinals, I'm gonna take Jeremiah Love. They have no business adding a running back.
Speaker 5: They are not close enough roster wise, but this guy will sell tickets. And the Arizona Cardinals don't have a quarterback. They probably will end up drafting Ty Simpson, But I think this guy will sell tickets. I would also say if they traded back, I'm not gonna be surprised at all. So if you get a team like the Chiefs or something trying to trade up for an Ed Rusher, not gonna surprise me. But jeremih Love is I think the best player in this draft. The film is you stand up in your seat watching it? I mean it is electric.
Speaker 2: Well, he ran to the podium to make us pick there. I mean, anybody have any disagreements here? Any thoughts?
Speaker 9: Uh No, show me a player that has Jay Love on his jersey and I'm gonna be on that.
Speaker 3: I think Alec nailed it. They don't there.
Speaker 4: I think Peter Schreger yesterday on ESPN said they're like the bottom of ticket sales, merch sales.
Speaker 3: This would help.
Speaker 4: They're a forgotten franchise in that the NFC West that they're in. This would be a great pick. He's the best player on the board. This would be an outstanding pick. If they can't find someone to give them a truckload of picks to move out of that spot.
Speaker 8: I don't love it just because the Cardinals defense is so bad and they do have some functional running backs already on roster. It's Love might be the best player on the board. But I feel like this, based on the defense that we saw last year, this team just needs help so many places defensively, safety, cornerback, outside linebacker, edge rusher.
Speaker 3: I I know.
Speaker 8: Kind of like what It's a little bit like what Alex said when he made the pick.
Speaker 3: You how did you start? What was your preamble to your pick?
Speaker 8: Like we should be taking a running back right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They have no business.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we have no business taking or running back right now. It's it feels almost like a luxury pick to take take Love's. I wouldn't call it a It's not a bad pick for sure, but I suspect they'll go defense.
Speaker 11: You tah, You know that That almost to me, charge sort of answers the question that I have is if you have so many holes on defense, one guy is not going to change everything. So I think they will ultimately try to find a suitor to move down.
Speaker 3: How far they want to.
Speaker 11: Move down, I don't know, but if but if I'm Arizona, one edge rusher is not going to change anything. There's not a corner in this draft that should be drafted number three. There's not an off the ball linebacker that mean you're drafted number three. There's not an end to your defensive lineman that she'd be drafted number three. So if you feel like you're going to stretch for any of the remain of defensive players, I mean, maybe Ruben Bain, but there's I think that I think a lot of people be pissed about that if ruined Bain.
Speaker 3: Goes three arel rees.
Speaker 11: Again, very talented player, but he's not changing that franchise with one with one selection on defense. So I think for all of the marketing purposes, and you know, giving giving this new staff in Nathaniel Hackett, a guy that he can kind of rely upon in the run game to kind of take some pressure off of Jacoby Brissette, I mean, if they can, you know, get him signed to a better deal, I think solidifying that offense makes sense.
Speaker 3: Is if they stay at three.
Speaker 7: Well, and it occurs to me that it may not be Arizona who takes love, but somebody at number three will probably do that. I mean, there's a lot of teams that would love to have him, and they're willing to move up.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure Arizona would not mind moving out of that spot.
Speaker 5: I'll say this too, Like he's a running back, but this guy is the The position tag next to his name should be offensive weapon, like he can line up in the slot, he can motion anywhere, like this guy is I mean bijeon talent. That is really lofty praise. But like I've had people say to me, they take him over Ashing genty for sure, and he's in that get Jamir Gibbs tier, which is we we all know that that guy's unbelievable. So yeah, I think I think Sweberg's right there. If they trade out, there's probably gonna be a team that is just like, we need this guy on our team right there?
Speaker 3: You should we move to pick four?
Speaker 6: Well, for the Tennessee Titans, if Max was here with his mouth on wired, he would be making his pick.
Speaker 3: But Parker, your your batman and Robin and partner. Max can't be here this.
Speaker 6: You know, Jeremiah Love was attached to the Titans for about a month straight, that's right, So but he's off the board in this mock draft.
Speaker 3: So Parker, what do you do at pick four?
Speaker 10: I was looking at Alex across the table here and I was like, are you gonna do it?
Speaker 3: And sure enough you did. But I did have a second pick.
Speaker 10: This Titans team has a lot of holes in their defense, and I'm going to go with a linebacker out of Ohio State Stunny Styles. I think he's athletic, he's versed on defense, he's a rarest best in sixty five, almost two hundred and fifty pounds, jumps off on the tape.
Speaker 3: It's a huge bitch. It is.
Speaker 10: It's got speed, coverage, she's got the ability to play all over the second level. Tennessee needs kind of a modern defensive style type of player, and I think no pun in ten in Sunny Styles is the answer?
Speaker 6: Is this the guy that the Cowboys are rumored to want, like to potentially trade up and get Yes, how likely is that?
Speaker 4: I mean, they have the ambo they would pick twenty and pick twelve, but they I'm pretty sure they don't have a second round pick, so I think the one swap would be as they would, you know, trade twenty and twelve to get up to three and maybe something next year to sweeten the deal.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they would love Sonny Styles. There you go, four picks in fourteen to go.
Speaker 2: That's right. It's the sixty nine Tenniel Power Trip NFL Mock Draft.
Speaker 6: You can watch it on kfan dot com slash Watch. We'll do pick five with Sauce in the New York Giants after the US on the fin.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the sixty ninth Annual NFL Mock Draft.
Speaker 2: That's right, thank you. We are four picks into our sixty ninth annual NFL Mock Draft, and everybody's in here. The experts are everywhere. Everybody right now, patting Parker on the back, flipping the bird at Alikluis. It's a crazy thing, pretty standard, hitting on liber She's pretty standard. Charges here, charches back here, Yeah, bragging about Utah. It's got nineteen wives. Did you guys know he's up to nineteen Oh yeah, yeah, crazy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's nineteen times the chores and one x the sex.
Speaker 2: Yeah that sounds familiar.
Speaker 3: I took Charge twenty six minutes to get there. Yeah, man, Charge is the best.
Speaker 6: All right, So let's let's continue, shall we We're through four picks.
Speaker 3: We're up to pick five.
Speaker 6: Sauce, this is your Christmas, Yes, sir, I think you love what your son and your wife more than the NFL Draft and donuts and donuts thinking about it though.
Speaker 3: What about the Mannies Rabbi? Oh good point, My son and the Mannies Rabbi are one a And what you know? Do you like mock drafts of your wife more? My wife? You hesitated?
Speaker 6: Okays me nervous sick. Five is the New York Giants and sauce Uh.
Speaker 4: Hello hi uh? This is the Giants. They need a lot. This is a team that could go a lot of ways.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: There's late steam that they might take a wide receiver Jordan Tyson at this pick. They might just wait around and see if Jeremiah Love falls to them. But in this situation, a lot of people are saying that this guy is the next Micah Parsons. They have caveon Tibbdeau, who they will probably trade if this is the pick they make. But they are going to with their first pick at number five, they are going to take Rvel Reese, the edge slash kind of linebacker out of Ohio State. He has a ton of talent. They love to rush the passer. They have a lot of elite players. They took the kid from Penn State last year with pick three. With this pick, Abdua Carter, He's been okay, but you compare these two together and it will be a very great Tan. With RVL Reese being the fifth overall pick to the New York slash New Jersey Giants.
Speaker 3: You are electric.
Speaker 8: Thank you, anyone I'll jump in. It's a luxury pick. I mean a lot of people think Reece is going to go two, So I mean this is best player available. They don't necessarily need ends. But if you feel like he's going to be special, and most people do, that's great. What I love about Reese is not just that he's a really really talented athlete and pass rusher, but super rangy and in coverage he's fantastic. He's one of those few defensive ends where you feel good putting him on a tight end or a slot receiver, even for a short period of time. A special player. He's done, does not have a long history of starting. You're going to have to develop him over time. But absolutely could go to the Giants at five.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I was just going to say to your just to piggyback off the luxury. I mean they they did address some of their issues in free agency. I mean they have Darnel Mooney. Now, they did kind of beef up their offensive line with faul Lele, so they they have done a good job of adding some guys even on defense, which remained Edmunds and Greg Newsom. So they do have the luxury, especially now with the with the extra pick at ten, to just go best player available. This guy, like you said, he's he's kind of a freak. I think he is a little scheme specific, which is probably why the reason why I chose Bailey over him. As as the pick number two, it's very possible and I'm not going to try to like put picks and sauces mouth because that's kind of gross, you know, if they are looking for offensive line help because John Runyon and John Michael Schmids are only they have one year left on their deals.
Speaker 3: The Vega, I love that game.
Speaker 11: He probably is going to be available at ten, which would make a little bit more sense. So they kind of get the best of both worlds here.
Speaker 3: Nordo has their tenth pick.
Speaker 4: Will let him pronounce that name, so yeah, not I don't mean you, but like I didn't want to pronounce the name, so of him doing it, Ted.
Speaker 3: I will say this.
Speaker 5: I was texting with someone who they're picking in the top ten. He said, the Giants pick is crucial for everybody below. He said, anything is possible after eight because I think good players with top first yearund grades are gone after that. So that pick seems to be like the pivot point, probably after Jeremiah Love.
Speaker 6: Just for fun, Sauce, and here with his best attempts to pronounce the guy you were just talking about. Is the fans, Sauce, hold on, I wrote it down hypothetically.
Speaker 3: Wait, you wrote it down hypothetically. You may or may not have written it down, Sauce. I know that you.
Speaker 11: I know that you wrote down and try to pronounce his his whole first name. Yeah, but I do think everybody just calls him Vega. You know, if you want to just go cheap on it, you can just say Vega and then. But but I do want.
Speaker 3: To hear the whole first name hypothetically.
Speaker 10: Do it?
Speaker 3: You never got you never got half.
Speaker 6: That phonetically fanatically ready, Sauce, me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give you your best shout. I'm pretty sure it's a live of Venga, yo, what you oni? Yeah? Yeah, I think it's a live Venga duty eb.
Speaker 4: It's all live a Venga yo yo, Wonie, you won something like that.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think, I yeah, yeah, well everybody do it. Captain. I'm just glad you gave your best effort. Thank you very luch today today. Yeah, anyway, let's move on.
Speaker 6: Pick six goes to the Cleveland Browns and Greg Swiedburg.
Speaker 7: It's uh, they could literally sit here for all eight minutes and not be able to make a decision because all the players that are kind of right in this range are the players.
Speaker 3: That they need.
Speaker 7: They have a tremendous needed offensive line, they have a tremendous need at wide receiver. There's a hometown wide receiver that they could take, but I think there's more wide receivers later in the draft.
Speaker 3: A lot of people.
Speaker 7: I just saw a mock that moved the guy the Georgia tackle Freeling to Cleveland, but I don't think that's the pick. I think and I just saw another report that the guy that I want to take here is has a herniated disc. It's a managoa of from Miami is that he.
Speaker 3: Has a hernia of disc.
Speaker 7: But that's the kind of information that comes up really late in this process where someone's trying to talk somebody else out of taking him.
Speaker 3: So you think phonetically that's a smoke screen.
Speaker 7: Hypothetically phonetically, yeah, I wasn't even listening.
Speaker 3: I tried to attention.
Speaker 7: I think they take my mawago I think they think the best offensive lineman, and it might be Paul's guy, but I think that in this case the Malagoa has not like given up a sack forever. He's he's technically probably the best guy for offensive tackle and they really won't be able to get a great offensive tackling round two.
Speaker 3: So take him here, all right? Anybody else have thoughts on him?
Speaker 11: Well, they they did add Titus Howard the right tackle and free agency, so they may not see this as a huge need. With Ruben Bain on the board, pairing him up with Miles Garrett I think would be I mean outstanding. I mean, you look at what Bain did in Miami when he had Mesidor on the other side.
Speaker 3: Who are you going to block in that situation?
Speaker 11: So you know, I mean, they until they get their quarterback situation figured out, on their offense figured out, they might just have to have their calling card B defense and what they could bolster their defense really well if they had at Ruben Bain here.
Speaker 7: But their offense just sucks. And I mean, and you can't blame it all on a quarterback. They don't have personnel wide receiver, Their offensive line sucks. It's it's the Clevelands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I get it.
Speaker 7: Aleck wrote that wonderful piece about the Vikings not being able to draft.
Speaker 3: Could have written it about Cleveland.
Speaker 5: I will say, Andrew Berry is always like they trade back all the time.
Speaker 3: They love trading backs.
Speaker 7: Well, and it's very likely here too, because there's a lot of guys the next six picks that.
Speaker 3: They would love to have. Yeah, all right. Pick seven goes to the Commanders and Paul Chargion.
Speaker 8: I am Adam Peters, the general manager of the Washington Commanders. I drafted Jade and Daniels a couple of years ago, but my fragile quarterback missed half of the Sea and my defense was arguably the league's worst last year.
Speaker 3: The Commanders need help at wide.
Speaker 8: Receiver, cornerback, safety, edge rusher, and running back. We're looking through all the available players and we are going to choose Ohio State safety Caleb Downs. Our current safeties are Nick Cross and Will Harris, who have PFF grades as safety one hundred and twenty two and safety one hundred and thirty one. From last year, Washington allowed the fifth most passing yards the third most passing touchdowns last year. They got to get better there, and Caleb Downs might be the safest player defensive player in this draft. So we're taking Caleb Downs to the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 7: And I know everybody in the whole world thinks Stineman's a perfect replacement for Harrison Smith. No, Caleb Downs is a perfect replacement for Harrison Smith. He's a he literally sets culture, he's super smart, he's this is.
Speaker 3: The one guy in the whole draft.
Speaker 7: I wish the Likings are trade up for yeah, well, because he is just that good.
Speaker 3: And it's also crucial if he is drafted this high.
Speaker 7: There's other teams that need safeties between here and the Vikings, so you may not get to them.
Speaker 3: And if he goes this.
Speaker 4: Early and winning five meaningless games, wouldn't it would have helped. If you lost a few of those games, you may have just been able to select Caleb Downs on your own.
Speaker 11: I think this is a this is a home run pick because there are a lot of actual NFL Draft experts that have Caleb Downs as the best player in the draft right, regardless of positions. So the fact that Dernte Jones gets to go take his version of Harrison Smith and literally have to do nothing as far as moving up the boards or anything. They just get to have one of the best players in the whole draft just land to them at their pick.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is a no brainer.
Speaker 11: You chew up thirty seconds on your selection clock and you run right to the podium and make this pick.
Speaker 5: And I get like these safeties fall every single year, But I mean Kyle Hamilton Fell, the guy's phenomenal, Brian branch Fell, the guy's incredible, Like I don't understand. At some point, Nick Saban was on the air yesterday and Caleb Downs played Alabama Start's career, just raving about every aspect of him as a player. So yeah, I mean, Deronda to have a guy who could just anchor that defense from a smart perspective would be kind of a no brainer.
Speaker 3: So I would love that.
Speaker 8: I'll mention one other thing about Caleb Downs. I could see him going even earlier to the Giants. John Harbaughs had these great safeties right that have just keyed his entire defenses for years, including Kyle Hamilton.
Speaker 3: Now, I would not be surprised that if downs went as early as pick five. All right, pick number eight is the Saints and Dave Sinecon, Oh, what's up? Fellas?
Speaker 9: We were one of those teams actively trying to move up. Mickey Loomis has made twenty five trades. I believe they've all been moving on. He loves to move up. Jeremiah Love would have been great to Travis ETM but that didn't work out. So we're sitting here at eight. There's a lot of friction back and forth. Do we go offense? Do we go defense? Could take the top cornerback in the room and add him. He was just playing down the road at LSU. He's under consideration. But we found a quarterback last year who basically as the year went on, showed that he might be the guy, even though we had no guys for him.
Speaker 3: To throw to.
Speaker 9: So we're gonna find, oddly enough, the best receiver in the draft who wasn't even the best receiver on his college team, and that's Ohio State's Carnel Tate, who projects to be a Chris o' lobby duplicate and he just happens to be on the team to show him the rope. So we're gonna pair o'lobby with another Ohio State guy, Carnel Tate, give Tyler Shug the best receiver in the draft, and start building an offense and get Saints fans excited about what might become a team in that division that could actually rise from the Ashes. So Carnel Tate's the Saints pick.
Speaker 8: Wow, christ Ol Lobby's had what four known diagnosed concussions, and then the rest of the group of wide receivers are Mason Tipton and Kevin Austen and bub Means, So you know that is they need receiver depth badly there.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and they signed Travis et In as a running back and in the offseason, so they're they're trying to solidify that offense and make it a little bit more well rounded. And they saw they saw what happened when they traded Rashid Shahed to Seattle, and they're like, uh, yeah, we probably need a compliment to our wide receiver group.
Speaker 3: So yeah, this is the this is the right pick with Carnell Tape.
Speaker 6: All right, Nordo goes back to back after this, he'll pick ninth for the Chiefs, then tenth for the Giants as the power Trip mock draft rolls on.
Speaker 3: After this on the fan, welcome.
Speaker 1: Back to the sixty ninth Annual NFL Draft.
Speaker 2: That's right here we are, and there's food here. So we lost everybody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're all wandering back and they were taking a peek at of the food first eating. Yeah, talking. Nordo situated because he's got the next two picks. We're doing like the Snake Draft.
Speaker 2: Took him a long time to find a place to park the motorcycles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, did you park our motorcycles downstairs?
Speaker 6: Ortle?
Speaker 3: We are so fat, unbelievable. Do you guys see the t shirts on social media? People were photoshopping your faces. Oh, I hope Barb saw that we should sell those. I think they would sell on to it. Yeah, well yeah, I'm leading into it. You're the best. Yeah, I'm very hungry right now.
Speaker 6: In fact, Uh, Nordo, I don't know if you've been following along or not not, but let me go through it quickly for the listeners as well.
Speaker 3: First pick was Mendoza. That was just a lock. We didn't even have somebody make that selection.
Speaker 6: So Mendoza went one. Lieber took David Bailey second with the Jets. Al Lewis took Jeremiah Love third for the Cardinals. Styles went fourth with Parker and the Titans. Sauce took Reese at the Giants. Bossburg, how do you say your guys name out of Miami Maui?
Speaker 3: Goo? Sure, we'll go with that. He was picked six with the Browns.
Speaker 6: Francis Francis Franz Francis Charge took Caleb Down seventh for the Commanders, and then the last pick before the break, Carneal Tait, Sinnecon and the Saints. But Norda, you pick ninth for the Chiefs and tenth with the Giants. You know, when the mock draft machine started a couple months ago, everybody thought Jeremiah Love was the lock at nine. Yeah, then they signed Kenneth Walker and now all the mocks have Jeremiah Love going.
Speaker 3: Way way earlier.
Speaker 6: So what do the Kansas City Chiefs and whatever window they have left with Patrick Mahomes, what do you do well at nine?
Speaker 12: All the intense research that I've done Slash just looking at mock drafts and copying and regurgitating information. They need a lot of help, right, They got rid of both their corners in free while they traded one and then lost Jalen Watson in free agency. Whether it's the Taekwon Thornton's of the world, where she Rice is, can Xavior worthy be a number one offensively? They need those issues. They need to protect their guy that just had a nasty injury.
Speaker 3: So with pick.
Speaker 12: Nine, I'm going to try to pronounce this the best I can. Vega or Alava Vega. He'll be pick number nine to the Chiefs, so he will bolster that offensive line. Josh Simmons their left tackle rookie from last year. I think he missed like half the season. They got some l's on the right side that they can fix with a with a guy that's nasty and an elite pass protector.
Speaker 6: So yoana to the Chiefs in state, all right, anybody.
Speaker 3: Have us strong opinions.
Speaker 7: Outside of how he pronounced the name, this guy is like Quentin Nelson. I mean, he's kind of a sure thing. It doesn't doesn't give up a lot of pressure at all. He's vicious, he moves forward, he's I think it's a great picks earlier than I thought. You go, but I think it's a great pig. You love a line seriously, I do.
Speaker 8: Last two years, Pat the Chief seasons have ended won in a Super Bowl where they could not protect Patrick Holmes at all, Patrick Mahomes at all, and then last year Mames got hurt and their season ended. They just think the offensive line simply needs to get better. You mentioned cornerback is a huge gaping need, but it might be easier to fill that later in the draft.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean the move makes sense.
Speaker 8: And you have know this team goes as as far as Patrick Mahomes can take it. So anything you can do to give Keith Patrick Mahomes upright would be Uh, it makes make sense.
Speaker 12: Go ahead, I don't have it in front of me. Which where's their second pick at? Like it's twenty eight, twenty nine. I mean then that's where you get into, you know, the cornerback territory that what's it?
Speaker 3: Colton hood would make things start on the receiver.
Speaker 11: I mean a lot of people have receiver as well. Sling from testas A and M could fall go all the way down there.
Speaker 6: Fun to say, what kind of a physical presence is this Vega character a massive physical.
Speaker 12: Presence ball that can fill. You mean, from a physical size standpoint, he's got to be six'. Three he's probably three twenty. Five that's a huge. Bitch, yeah a six third.
Speaker 6: Motorcycle you weren't actually that far off six four three Twenty according TO, espn it's a big dude, man little bit shorter all, Right Fattern wheeling and delon Right. Decter lawrence moves off The New York. Giants he goes To, cincinnati but The giants pick up pick.
Speaker 3: Ten, yeah the you PUT Rvl reese on him at.
Speaker 12: FIVE i believe so in these, circumstances Now i'll be.
Speaker 3: The idiot in the, room which is normal for.
Speaker 12: Me BUT i still feel like if there was any way That John harbaugh could find his way To Jeremiah, love like speaking in the real, draft not in terms of the mock, draft but if they, Could i'm their way, up including leveraging this pick right, HERE i feel like that that just looks so perfect with trying to bolster Behind Jackson dart And Malik, neighbors is going to be.
Speaker 3: Healthy get love With.
Speaker 12: Skataboo scataboo's got an expiration day with the way he plays with that, Said i'm JUST i, Mean i'm throwing. Darts with pick, ten offensive line could be an option for. Them they're really disappointed That Caleb downs is. Gone they loved, him. Really they were hoping to Go Sonny styles And Caleb.
Speaker 3: Downs with these. Picks so they're very sad what they are going to.
Speaker 12: Do and among many needs on this, team they're gonna go With Jordan. Tyson they're gonna go With Jordan tyson with pick. Ten they're going to add a high end weapon The Jackson dart can use in year two and and pair him up With Malik neighbors and just get weird In harbaugh's first year with The.
Speaker 6: Giants SO i was Watching Sports center this, Morning Paul, charchiam we can start with, you AND i forget the new guy that used to be like the who's the new.
Speaker 3: McShay Charles, manson Noe Ill, Yeah, Matt, yeah, yeah he's.
Speaker 6: Great Matt miller says the hot late steam is That Jordan tyson is the target at, five not. Ten that that's how much The giants like, him and then they're not willing to gamble that he's going to fall to. Ten that they might pick him at pick, five SO i don't think you're. Wrong at, TEN i think they like, him but maybe even higher.
Speaker 3: Up he's the steamy late.
Speaker 8: Mover, right every draft's got the steamy late, mover And tyson is definitely that. Guy but a lot of the times when it's all when it's the, smoke this, late it's all. MISDIRECTION i don't Think tyson is, PERSONALLY i don't Think tyson is in the same category As Carnel, tape McKay, lemon maybe Even Omar, cooper WHO i really. Like but the late steam it suggests that he that this is the area he's going to go. IN i, PERSONALLY i don't love it. HERE i would like him later in the. Draft but, yeah this is if you believe all that late Steam, Tyson tyson goes.
Speaker 4: Here here's the injuries That Jordan tyson has. Had twenty twenty. Two he had a multi ligament knee injury when he was At. Colorado he broke his collar bone two years ago and missed the end of the, season and then he missed three games last season due to hamstring.
Speaker 6: Injuries say you're? Fat what whoa he's a? Backatomy? Ben you have a hot take On Jordan.
Speaker 11: Tyson no, NOT i mean not a hot, take But i'll just you, know What saus just did is exactly WHY i think a lot of people have him lower on the draft. Boards i'm sure that there's a red dot by his name and all the draft boards meaning that he's got medical, issues he's got a medical. History if all those things check, OUT i think skill wise and talent, wise the guy he's worthy of a top ten pick or like you, know the giants at this. SELECTION i think going all the way up to five is a little, much BUT i think the talent is. There it's just does your medical staff and your coaches feel like he's going to be available for seventeen games on a consistent. Basis if that's a, yes then that was that's a tremendous pick at that at that.
Speaker 6: Spot all, right can we do something kind of, dumb because you, know we're still eight picks, away but let's just pause quickly, here not in terms of commercial, breaks but just in terms of. Mentally if you're The, vikings if you're Robra, zenti and these are the first ten names off the, board are we in line with what we thought are we? Panicking are we happy where we at after ten? Picks from A vikings, perspective, ANYBODY i think.
Speaker 11: This is nothing that's happened right now with us in this room is shocking to what The vikings haven't prepared. FOR i mean they've gone through the exercise and the mental gymnastics of you, know people trading and all this other stuff which could possibly. Happen obviously we're not doing, trades but the guys themselves being selected off the.
Speaker 3: Board they they're expecting.
Speaker 5: These guys to be off the, board AND i think it starts to get interesting for robing, them like the meme of leaning forward in your. Chair probably when The, cowboys if they're still picking at, twelve what do they? Do do they draft? Defense would they? Do theenem in that? High and then The rams are a wild card this. Year The, RAVENS i mean they're going to be in play for are a lot of, guys and then The. Bucks so that's REALLY i think it really twelve is when you start to lock.
Speaker 6: In so no one's, concerned, charts no. Concern so far from A vikings.
Speaker 8: This pretty chalky and all the cornerbacks are still, left so you, know that if for those who feel like cornerback is where The vikings should, go that you, know no surprises here in that that whole position is, available all.
Speaker 3: Right dave sinikon pick eleven in The Miami.
Speaker 9: Dolphins, yeah shrewd to give me this pick because The dolphins are Now Green Bay south With John Eric sullivan AT gm And Jeff affley at head. Coach so we have a pretty good finger on the pulse of what The dolphins are going to.
Speaker 3: Do je needs. Everywhere they've kind of started.
Speaker 9: Over they have seven of the first ninety four, picks so we get a chance to add a lot of players to This dolphins roster since It's Green Bay. South you, know skill positions not even on the radar right now for The dolphins at pick, eleven but there's some names that definitely intrigue. Us we could use offensive line. Help Spencer fanaut was circled on our. Board if he was, there he was likely going to be the. Guy but we see a defensive player sitting, there And Jeff haffley is standing on the table right now and, saying give me this piece to my new defense In. Miami he doesn't have to travel far to visit us because he's been maybe a few miles.
Speaker 3: Away Ruben bain is still on the, board.
Speaker 9: And he is a, ferocious nasty edge, rusher defensive player to add to this. Team AND i, mean we saw what he did for The. Hurricanes he's just he's not the biggest guy in the, world but he makes up for it in. Nastiness and, UH i Think hafley wants to add some nasty to this defense and Ruben bain sitting here at eleven is something they did not. Expect so they are going to happily swipe, him make him the first piece of the New Jeff hafley defense In.
Speaker 3: Miami he's actually, Here Ruben bayin is. HERE i booked. Him oh, Sweet oh That's. Max anybody anybody anybody loves?
Speaker 2: Him?
Speaker 3: Right you love? Him?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 11: Well the funny thing is when When saus AND i were doing our little mock, draft either the first time or the second draft, show we talked about the fact.
Speaker 3: That Ruben bain would slide down the.
Speaker 11: Boards, NOW i think in our hypotheticals he slid further than. This BUT i think there are some question marks about. HIM i think he has to be paired with another Stud on the other, SIDE i don't think that he's able to take over and just be like a Pure Micah parsons type of guy that.
Speaker 3: Can just be a game.
Speaker 11: Wrecker BUT i definitely think for the way this is shaking, Out, yeah The dolphins could use help. EVERYWHERE i, mean they really are looking for just best player, available and this In Ruben bain is the best.
Speaker 3: Player available in this. Situation, ben do you think the arm length stuff?
Speaker 5: Matters like there's so much talk thirty one inch, arms thirty two you, know it's, Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: LIKE i don't.
Speaker 5: KNOW i, MEAN i wouldn't know obviously how much. MUCH i think it's it's always with everything in, life it's always the. Extremes if he has t rex, ARMS i think it's a, problem, Right BUT i think if it's if it's lower than the than the average and less than the, average THEN i don't think gets that big of an. Issue it's it's, how you, know with pass, rushers it's more about your get off and your your ability to bend around corners and to be. Flexible AND i think that he's shown enough of. That you, know is a long arm going to be part of his? Game probably.
Speaker 11: Not but has he shown a way to get around that just with his tenacity for, Sure SO i don't think it's going to be an issue for.
Speaker 3: Him all, Right should we do one more and then?
Speaker 2: Break, no we should break right now right.
Speaker 6: Now, well it sounds like when we come, back it's kind of the pivotal pick because if The cowboys stay, Put charge might devastate The vikings.
Speaker 3: Hopes we'll See charge will pick for The cowboys after.
Speaker 6: This The Power Trip Mock draft returns after this on the.
Speaker 3: Van welcome back.
Speaker 1: To the sixty ninth ANNUAL Nfl Mock.
Speaker 2: Draft that's, right they're all, Here, Nordo, Cinny, Charge, Bosberg, saucy of, Course parker's, here Labor Alec lewis is, Here Pao, bannon just a little bit cast the thousands making.
Speaker 6: Yours actually none of them are. Here they're all in the, hallway eatingtack and. Charging that's pretty much on.
Speaker 2: Brand, yeah the entire fan staff is in the, hallway including the guy who knows the. Show, YEAH i, know he's on the radio show with us every, day and he's out there completely oblivious to the fact that we're back on the radio right, now.
Speaker 3: Just shoving his.
Speaker 2: Face our, boss big Big boss is out there eating food right.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 8: Yep and where they are in the hallway right, here right there are two large red lights indicating that we are on air right.
Speaker 6: Now my favorite part Was sauce was getting up to go get, barbecue like what ten minutes, ago And parker, goes you look. Hungry we were just talking about these ribs that are out, there AND i Asked.
Speaker 10: Sauce when was the last time he saw his, ribs that huge, bit and he said it was the day he was. Born When's max back? Here haws of?
Speaker 4: Food, Unbelievable oh my, god it's you know, ME i say a lot of. Things that's the best Barbecue i've ever had in my. Life And i'm not. Kidding the flavors are melting on my. Tone mm. Hmm that's that's gonna, yeah that's you should take a, picture say this Is Sean luca and this is the best Barbecue i've ever.
Speaker 3: Had. Job, yeah we have to do. That we should all stand By johnny, excellent good.
Speaker 2: Bit we cannot stop even when there's no.
Speaker 5: Someone who grew up in The south eating. Barbecue This it's. INCREDIBLE i can't believe.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 11: Nice CAN i just say That i've never the first time in my, Life i've never had barbecue and coffee at the same.
Speaker 3: Time so thankful That i'm having this right. Now, well it's a good.
Speaker 2: PAIRING i hope you guys don't, mind but we're trying to do a radio show while you haven't. Breakfast could we get back to the pouch of my?
Speaker 1: Draft?
Speaker 3: Ye, yeah, yeah and. Again according to the, experts this is the key.
Speaker 6: Pick right if everybody stays, Put if if this falls exactly like, this if The vikings are watching, anything they're watching pick twelve and what the Crazy cowboys, do And PAUL charchi will make the pick for The.
Speaker 8: COWBOYS i am the skeletal remains Of Jerry, jones general manager of The Dallas. Cowboys i've made countless roster, blunders and my last three drafts have not yielded any exceptional, players AND i traded away the league's best defensive, Player Micah parsons last. Year my team has won just one playoff game since twenty eighteen and has not advanced out of the divisional rounds since nineteen ninety.
Speaker 3: Five how is that?
Speaker 8: Possible but SINCE i own the, TEAM i will never face, accountability AND i certainly don't have to worry about any internal insurrection because the second in command is my. Son my lack of accountability has led to countless team needs For, dallas Including Micah parson's replacement at, edge, cornerback, safety running, back and right. Tackle looking at the board, Here cowboys ranked dead last and passing yards allowed and passing touchdowns allowed last, year and both outside cornerback positions are. Available Trayvon diggs bombed last, year so we are going to attack the cornerback position and take the best available cornerback in this, draft Man Sewer delane FROM.
Speaker 3: Lsus he is a.
Speaker 8: Great coverage, cornerback very good in zone, specifically tremendous ball, skills eighteen passes defended in the last two, years reads quarterbacks well ball, skills and we are taking the best cornerback off the board and start rebuilding That dallas.
Speaker 3: Secondary great pick by.
Speaker 4: Charge this is a pick where if he gets to eight right in front of The, chiefs The cowboys could move up with some of the ambal and they have to get. Him if they stay at twelve and get Man sewer and De, lane this and be an outstanding.
Speaker 3: Pick by.
Speaker 11: Them you know a lot of people think that once whenever the corners start to go at least the first, corner then there will be a, short small run on, corners BECAUSE i think this is a kind of a top heavy draft for, corners so this could sort of be the first domino for the next couple of teams of, Like, okay we better just go ahead and grab our, guy because there are a lot of teams that need corner and there's only a few out there that probably have a higher first round.
Speaker 5: GRADE i love this, player AND i think he's gonna be in play at eight with The saints. Too it's obviously down the, road but it would be a safe.
Speaker 3: Pick guy's a great.
Speaker 2: Player do we, think, though in, reality that The cowboys are going to package their picks and move.
Speaker 3: Up definitely think it's a possibility.
Speaker 5: Them getting in that like six range with The browns makes a ton of. Sense but we'll, SEE i don't have they don't have a ton Of day two, Picks SO.
Speaker 11: I just, AGAIN I i don't know if we've really talked about this WHOLE nfl draft, strategy AND i do think that there's a bet out there sauce that we need to we need to take on.
Speaker 3: This. SURE i know that.
Speaker 11: A lot of people think that there's gonna be a lot of trades in this, draft but we all know that it takes two to, tango AND i just don't. KNOW i just don't know how many teams are willing to give up draft equity this year and possibly next year to move up for what a lot of people think is a good, draft not great or elite. Draft so who would The cowboys want to package up to move up, five, six seven spots to, like who's worth it for? Them that's gonna make that much of a Difference if it's not a guy Like Jeremiah, Love.
Speaker 8: Caleb, Downs ben would be to, Me Caleb downs would be the one Guy.
Speaker 3: Dallas, okay so there's one guy Or Sonny.
Speaker 5: STYLES i think you look At Caleb, Down Sonny, styles or Potentially Jordan tyson the. Receiver but, again with the risk of that, guy you're gonna package multiple. Picks you trade up for a guy who's navigated the. Injuries that's just not just can't be the most intelligent. Movie but these teams don't do intell.
Speaker 7: And anybody who had trade one of next year's draft picks is insane because there's so many quarterbacks that are available next year to give anything.
Speaker 3: Away who knows if.
Speaker 7: Your season is going to fall apart and you need a, quarterback you cannot give up a pick from next.
Speaker 4: Year, YEAH i think the teams like The cowboys and who have certified starting quarterbacks would be willing to move these. PICKS i think the rumor of why there might be a lot of trades is there's so many teams with multiple. PICKS i think it's six that have multiple picks in this draft that then wouldn't have to give up the equity in next year's.
Speaker 3: Draft so that's WHERE i think the trade rumor comes.
Speaker 4: In AND i think it all starts with the third, pick right if that pick's, moved and then you see some of these defensive ends that fall down the board a. Little that's WHERE i think you could also see some. Movement but to what charge, Said Caleb, downs if they went up to eight to get, him that might not be the worst idea because you'd have to get in front of the if they don't take them at, five and you'd probably have to get in front of The.
Speaker 3: Chiefs they might take them at. Nine you are. Electric you really are appreciate.
Speaker 6: Your ben's former, team The rams and pick Thirteen.
Speaker 3: Sweatburg.
Speaker 7: Yeah people talk about The cowboys maybe wrecking The vikings. Draft it's possible The rams could. Too The rams have a lot Of that's a team that's not that far, away and they have an awful lot of good players and no really glaring. Needs they could use another. Receiver you got some players around here on the offensive line that maybe would be helpful for. Them you could Take sadiq at tight end and add to a very good offense to or maybe you have a certain safety rated high up on your board and you just take the best player available when other teams. Don't in this, case we'll make it easy on. Them, Well we'll take the wide receiver from their. Hometown will take Mkaya lemon to pair with. Them he'll adds another piece to their. Puzzle he's gets To stafford someone to throw to in his last couple of years. Here SO i think it's A this pick could go in a lot of different. Directions SO i just stay in. Town, oh by the, WAY i just like to reach out now to the reddit. COMMUNITY i really would like to be ripped on A reddit. Today because you rip everybody else on The Damn. Show i'd like to be ripped to for one.
Speaker 4: HANDSOMENESS i think there is some steam that The rams would either stay at this pick or move back and take Ty simpson BECAUSE i think they, realize like the team that they have built could win them A Super bowl if they all stay. Healthy the McKay lemon pick is again like The giants pick at pick.
Speaker 3: Five it's an absolute luxury.
Speaker 4: Pick you don't need wide, receiver but you could build an offense that could dominate. PEOPLE i think there's late steam that The ms Love Ty simpson and he might go as high as. Thirteen some to watch if he goes as high as, thirteen it would be. Crazy it would in my, OPINION i think you could. HAVE i wouldn't say it's never saying.
Speaker 5: EVER i JUST i just don't think he is suited for that level of. Spot BUT i, LIKE i do think the back end of the first round you're probably gonna See Ty simpson because they're going to be multiple teams kind of.
Speaker 3: Lurking, Yeah miami's got that thirty. PICK i look on who's steam that? Is?
Speaker 11: Is?
Speaker 3: That is that his agents steam saying yeah it might.
Speaker 4: Be but, yeah there were a bunch of people yesterday ON espn THAT i love that were like no ONE i think even might have been our, Guy Tom.
Speaker 3: Pelissaro no one Loves Ty simpson more than The. Rams so something to.
Speaker 6: Watch we referenced it, earlier but a lot of you guys were not in the room. Yet Tom pelisaro With Rich eying yesterday Said Carson beck is like the late hot quarterback that's climbing the the boards and might be a late first round, pick a sneaky late First, yeah that he had been. Shocked everyone's Loving carson back behind the. Scenes that sounds Like carson becks, agent doesn't.
Speaker 10: IT i don't.
Speaker 3: Know tom's pretty plugged. In tom's pretty.
Speaker 5: CONNECTED i can't Imagine tom would say that without a pretty high under high level understanding of what teams would. Do probably in the top would that one in like the second round wouldn't surprise me because he IS i, mean if you're looking for like smart, mind he is, that and he's played a lot of, football so he checks that box and THERE'S i, mean there is a crazy fall off After Fernanda, mendoza so it's kind of a pick your flavor at that.
Speaker 6: Point all, right back of the first round would be. Nuts all, right we're getting. Closer ravens at. Fourteen that's the. Fans Paul, Lambert hello, Everyone, Hi, Hello i'm.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 4: Cool this is a pick that tonight will probably wreck your dreams of this guy landing at pick eighteen because they love throwing to this. Position they have a Old Mark. Andrews isaiah likely left and went to The. GIANTS i think if you are watching tonight and you want this, guy this is the. Pick it starts where he might, go AND i will take with The ravens fourteenth overall, pick tight, End Kenyon sadik out Of.
Speaker 8: Oregon, yeah makes a lot of. Sense they Let isaiah likely go in free. Agency sauce Mentioned Mark, ANDREWS i think thirty one years, old and it's. There the drop off at the, position at the tight end position is. Dramatic this is there is exactly one player who's viewed as an elite, prospect so if you don't get, him you're kind of you, know then you've got a developmental guy after.
Speaker 3: That SO i think it makes.
Speaker 8: Sense you frequently See sidik going right here To baltimore and it all adds.
Speaker 3: Up it's a very very logical.
Speaker 6: Spot, ben this is your, guy, right wouldn't you say this is your favorite player in the?
Speaker 3: Draft is that accurate or? Not? Yeah one of my favorite? Players, yeah how buzz? Kill would this be for? You if he goes four picks before, us not.
Speaker 11: SURPRISING i, Mean I'm i'm actually shocked if he's there at Eighteen so if he is picked a couple of slots, Before i'm, like, well this is kind of WHERE i thought he was going to, go and a lot of people thought he was going to. Go so he's super, talented AND i THINK i think the misconception with him is everybody sees like this straight up. Athlete the guy can be an in line tight in the block as. Well he's a very willing. Blocker he shows a lot of grit and, Toughness SO i think he's kind of the complete player as long as he can be more consistent with his. Hands so this is a great selection based on what The ravens.
Speaker 7: Need and doesn't this seem like The ravens always are in the exact right place to.
Speaker 3: Get, there doesn't?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, Yes, alec do you believe The vikings would be more than interested In sadik if he was available at.
Speaker 3: Eighteen, YEAH i.
Speaker 5: Do and it's just when you're picking on the first, round you want a blue, Chip Pro, Bowl All pro caliber, player and there aren't a ton of those guys in this.
Speaker 3: Draft sadek can definitely be that.
Speaker 5: Guy if this, HAPPENS i, mean it's gonna be interesting to me at this. Point then it's PRETTY i, mean unless someone Snags Dylan, thinaman everyone who's mocked him for five months now finds out is this the guy they? Loved or if they trade back with him on the, board what does that? SAY i think that would be pretty. Telling so, yeah If sadik is there at, EIGHTEEN i mean my eyes will be trained heavily on.
Speaker 3: It all.
Speaker 6: Right sadiko's fourteenth to The ravens but picked fifteen The Tampa Bay buccaneers And Parker FOX. H, Carker, hey, guys good to talk to.
Speaker 10: You Tampa bay kind of in a weird middle, ground hence why they have the fifteenth. Pick not bad enough to, rebuild but not a contender right. Now defense lost a lot of key, pieces especially at the linebacker and.
Speaker 3: Corner they don't have really a true pass rush.
Speaker 10: Rush so it's the fifteenth, pick gonna go With Kendrick falk out Of.
Speaker 3: AUBURN i think he's the answer to the.
Speaker 10: Defense he brings, size, power and enough pass rush to make sense in the. Middle you, Know tampa's kind of they need that physical presence and.
Speaker 3: He's got a lot of.
Speaker 10: Upsides so a young, Guy Kendrick falk kind Of auburn.
Speaker 3: Anyone SO i had going? There DO i love DO i love?
Speaker 11: HIM i think it all depends on where he's at on the defensive. LINE i look at his rare. Size he's a big. Dude he doesn't show as much consistent twitch off the, line like to, me he's not he's not a pure pass. Rusher like if you're looking for just a three down defensive, END i think he's the. GUY i think he's he's a he's a good. Player if you're looking at for as as the new position of being an edge. PLAYER i don't think that he's that guy on just on third down and just in passing, situations so you are getting more snaps out of this. GUY i just think that he lacks some of the UH i think the rare skills that some of these elite pass rushers, have but he's still a, good solid.
Speaker 3: Player you made it sound like his size is somewhat.
Speaker 11: ABNORMAL i think he's six foot, six two hundred and seventy five.
Speaker 3: Pounds that's a huge.
Speaker 10: Bit he's a freak and he's sponsored By canes getting ready for draft.
Speaker 3: Days so he should go number. One you should go number. One go to the, bathroom you.
Speaker 2: WILL i, said we get through all the picks to the vikings in this. Segment, yeah let's go through these last two as. Well so The jets, man you picked him a. Second you Took David bailey's second with The New York. Jets you're on the clock again with The New York jets at pitt pick.
Speaker 3: Sixteen what do they do?
Speaker 11: Here, okay SO i ALREADY i can already hear. Charts just he's going to scream at, me and it's just going to be, OKAY i know. It i'm expecting. It AND i suppose this is everybody's opportunity On. Reddit if you want to go after, me then go after. ME i think that they are going to look receiver at this. Position they need to get more production on the, outside and there's one receiver that's right on the board right. Now that is probably this is probably too high for him because he's a lot of mocks late in the first.
Speaker 3: Round he flat out gets open all the.
Speaker 11: Time has one of the highest you, know yards per completion and reception in college. Football he also returns punts like to, Me Conceptsion Casey conceptsion their receiver From TEXAS a AND. M i, know he gets a lot of a lot of news because of his speech impediment and his ability to kind of rise above. It this dude is flat out just a great football, player AND i think that he he's deserving to go in this spot and just kind of be an offensive weapon for The.
Speaker 5: Jets there's a lot of people who have Mocked Omar Cooper junior From indiana at this.
Speaker 3: SPOT i. DON'T i.
Speaker 5: Don't from EVERYTHING i, understand like that is not going to. Happen conceptsion is, Electric SO i like. It ben good jank you they need.
Speaker 8: Receiver, help right and you Got Garrett wilson and, nobody so you, know it certainly feels it's certainly feels a huge. Need you could trade back and still get conception, own and that's you, know maybe they do THAT i see a guy who's still, raw a lot of, drops a lot of body, catches but you get a you iron those things, out and you've got an amazing, athlete just super fluid who can be used all over the field and just hard cuts to get separation and very.
Speaker 3: Productive there's there's a lot to like.
Speaker 8: HERE i don't know that The jets need need to take them all the way up at, sixteen but it certainly fills a need for this.
Speaker 7: TEAM i think The jets were waiting to get one of the three best receivers to fall to him at this, place so this is a little bit of a, reach but they have a tremendous.
Speaker 5: Need Like ben, Says i'll also say, this if you're like you're watching the night and you're waiting For sadik at eighteen And sadik hasn't been, picked and you get to sixteen and The jets take, them, like that's not going to be the most surprising thing to me. Either so they're another landmine in The sadiq watch.
Speaker 6: Over sinecon quickly because conception own is on this little big here ON espn Dot com is the sixth ranked wide. Receiver Denzel boston From washington is, fourth and Then Omar Cooper, junior which you guys just mentioned From indiana is. Fifth Omar Cooper, junior, again you watched every, snap your. Thoughts he's worthy of a sixteenth or or so.
Speaker 9: Pick he made the play of the year in college, football, right The Penn state catch that's going to live on. Forever he's not a one trick. Pony He's he's a guy that'll go in this. RANGE i Think pittsburgh's a logical landing spot for. HIM i think they're going to be in the wide receiver. DERBY i don't have any. ISSUE i Think concepcione has more. UPSIDE i remember his grandpa was a short stop for The. Reds davy wasn't ears out a different. FAMILY i Remember David concept From Red days in the. SEVENTIES i Like Omar cooper a lot because he steps up in big moments and he's a first round. Pick it's funny my, Son, jackson who just graduated FROM, ayu just text me literally a second. AGO i cannot Believe omar is a projected top fifteen to twenty. Pick because they Had Elijah sarratt In, indiana who they called The waffle house because he's always.
Speaker 3: Open Charlie becker emerged.
Speaker 9: Late they had a lot of talent, there But cooper was the guy they trusted to make the big catch in the big.
Speaker 3: Play and, YEAH i think this is about the range she.
Speaker 9: Goes BUT i have no issue with conceptsio BECAUSE i do think he's got a higher.
Speaker 6: Ceiling fair, enough all, right last pick before we take a break and then do The vikings pick at. Eighteen after, This Alec lewis picks for The Detroit lions at pick. Seventeen feels like tackle just has to be. Tackled i'll take The alabama gigantic man who's.
Speaker 3: MEASURABLES i probably need A google for.
Speaker 5: Me, Yeah caden is his name From, alabama and, yeah he's. Massive approximately, HOME i think it's like three hundred and sixty, pounds but he's been anywhere up to like three. Eighty. Yeah The, lions of course are going to take a. Tackle they're going to replace some of the guys they've. LOST i Think Taylor. Decker they might move Pen A sewel to the left and then he could play. Right so makes sense to, Me, aleck why not Go Spencer fino? Here i'm not going to pretend to be an elite offensive tackle analyst. Here BUT i just think the size and the potential athleticism of a guy three sixty pounds IS i, mean you just don't find those guys walking the.
Speaker 3: Planet that's a huge. Bitch also kind of A Dan campbell kind of a guy plays with an.
Speaker 5: Edge, Yeah AND i do think there are a Little there are some like, character you, know how, committed how much does he love? It and the lions like their mo Is you've got to love it more than anybody else in the. World so.
Speaker 3: We'll. See but that's the pick in my. Opinion is this the guy that like Transferred, iowa took the own money and then went. Back, Yes, SWEARTY i like. That really all, right we're through.
Speaker 6: Seventeen when we come, back we'll have the voice of The, Vikings Paul allen picked for The Minnesota vikings at pick.
Speaker 3: Eighteen and we'll go around the room and.
Speaker 6: Get everybody else's thoughts on pick eighteen as, well The Power trip mock draft and The vikings selection after this on the Fan.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Sixteen DANUEL nfl Mock.
Speaker 2: DRAFT i don't Think i've seen a watercore experience at the radio station like this in the history of my nineteen years working, HERE i can't believe how many people Are you guys are gathering around the barbecue like like you you had to hunt down a bison and chop him up so you'd exist.
Speaker 3: Like The Oregon.
Speaker 11: Trail, yes, yeah well when it's when it's this, Good, yeah big things to animal as for coming in And john and his staff are coming. In this is Excite sauce for organizing this whole. Thing Meat Meat sauce comes through with all the meats as.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah so.
Speaker 2: Shocky he's involved in the. Food it's. Incredible i'm, Sorry, hey we're.
Speaker 3: Doing a draft show and we eat some food For. Thursday who should be put in? Charge, yeah well you, nail you did. It but it's, great it's.
Speaker 6: Outstanding you dead joining the Power trick mock draft for about the ninetieth straight year is the the voice of The Vikings.
Speaker 13: Pall now on Good, morning how does how does one Shied sauce and like basically call him that when he's the one that arranged for all the.
Speaker 3: FOOD i, mean that is so power trip. Asque it's. Beautiful in our, contracts we have to we have to rip.
Speaker 6: Him have you seen a list of all these draft?
Speaker 3: Picks have?
Speaker 13: Listen listen to, most if not all of. IT i think it's cool Think. SAUCY i Think saucy is onto something with The. Rams bossburg made the, pick BUT i Think saucy's onto something with That alabama, quarterback just not in that. Spot that's not you, know super new. News but you, KNOW i think The rams are really really up to something. Tonight so seven o'clock we have a draft show early in the nine to noon presentation with welcome Back, Charchi. Charchie we will share some steam that that has come our way late regarding other teams THAT i think can can shape what The Minnesota vikings do at.
Speaker 6: Eighteen all, right the way that these this power trip mock draft has. Fallen do you believe this is a good board for The vikings or board for The?
Speaker 13: Vikings this is A i would say whatever is between very good and. Fantastic So Dylan thieneman being available would be a it would be in my, estimation it would be a good pick and it would be a safe. Pick now The oregon tight, End Kenyon, sadiq if he's available, there that could be deemed as a luxury pick with what they have, Offensively so then you think about those two and how they can help the twenty twenty Six Minnesota, vikings and you, know whether you deem them, singles, doubles maybe, triples there's still are home run picks to be. Had So i'm curious to see if they swing for the fences tonight with something at a. Team and that's WHY i think it behooves everybody to listen To, Natcho, Pete paul and yours truly thevening beginning to, seven BECAUSE i think there's going to be a significant run on offensive linemen somewhere around ten eleven or. Twelve so the information THAT i have is that there are four or five offensive linemen everybody want, wants and there's some of these tackles that teams are going to make guards and they think they're going to do really well and they're excited about. Them the key here is whichever teams take those offensive linemans cause other players to. Drop, now if it doesn't fall the right way for The, vikings they have four picks within the top one. Hundred you, KNOW i feel secure in you, know just just looking looking at the depth chart of what they have that they would like to come out of those first the top one hundred, picks if they could get one, more which would be trading, back then they want three or four guys to play and play.
Speaker 3: Immediately you.
Speaker 13: Know that's the a topic out of this, draft especially the way some of the recent drafts have. Gone so there are a lot of possibilities.
Speaker 6: There names, aside let's talk about the idea of safe pick versus home run pick like you just, mentioned and the idea That Rob razinski is not yet a permanent general, manager so he has a window to make a. Selection does that put him in a spot to swing for the fences because he's got nothing to, lose or is a safe pick the smarter play to make sure that you look like you know what you're doing.
Speaker 13: Well IT'S i, mean it's an overused word here and around sports. Collaboration this from WHAT i, know this truly is a collaborative. Effort So rob is the you, know he's the INTERIM. Gm kevin O'Connell is the face of decision making for The Minnesota vikings in my, opinion SO i think a lot of it starts and stops With kevin rob obviously has a lot to, Say Brian flores obviously has a lot to. Say SO i think that's going to play into the approach they take at, eighteen and it's going to come down to If Dylan theeneman is available at eight team and there are certain other players that you may or may not hear. About tonight seven o'clock with The draft, Show i'd say let's start unfurling those names about around The dolphins, picks The cowboys. Picks when the offensive linemen start to, drop start to fall off the, Board it's going to come down to the discernment of what they want to do with the twenty twenty six, vikings And Harrison smith's decision plays into, it doesn't play into it as much as AS i thought maybe, Yesterday so we'll see how it. Falls for the purpose of the power trip, Mock i'll Take Dylan theena.
Speaker 5: Out.
Speaker 13: BUT i do if people are really really into the, draft all, RIGHT i know we got A wolves game, tonight a, day thirty eight forty whatever it. Is if you, know if you do want more of a deeper dive on home run, possibilities non theenemon, possibilities we we have the best group that you're going to hear for stuff like, This AND i would, say, Yeah i'd say right around The, Giants, Dolphins. Cowboys you, know just start definitely start listening then to see who's a van ben Leeber ben's on attended and we'll kind of talk that out a little bit.
Speaker 2: Today, Paul i'm sorry if you just answered, this but if it came down to a spot where both The sadiq And theenemon were, there who would the?
Speaker 3: Choose do you think that's a great.
Speaker 13: QUESTION i would, Say i'd Say Dylan theeneman in that, situation you see With, theeneman the and so so much stuff has been, regurgitated and so many people locally and nationally have said so many things so many times That i'm not exactly sure if the communicative nature Of Dylan theeneman is being put where it should it should. Be in other, words you Know ben AND i have talked about this. Too is one thing With Dylan theenaman is his communication skills are supposedly incredibly high. End, now if you think about the Way Brian flores runs, defense you need two people And ben would know more about this than me and all of us in that style of defense you need to elite not very good elite. Communicators they have one In brian And Blake. Cashman they had one In Harrison. Smith so when it comes to getting everybody on the back end THE dB squared away with the, tricks it not everybody can do. That Dylan theeneman is a, guy from WHAT i, understand who can get everybody squared.
Speaker 11: Away two things THAT i want to bring. Up you mentioned that the decision Of Harrison smith actually bears some weight in this.
Speaker 3: Draft, yeah not as much AS i. Bought oh not as much as that was gonna, say BECAUSE i was, like in.
Speaker 13: Other, words if they Know harrison's coming back and they Like, THEENEMAN i think they'd still Take.
Speaker 3: Dylan well THAT'S i.
Speaker 11: Guess my point, is LIKE i approach this draft is, like it doesn't matter What Harrison smith.
Speaker 3: DOES i, mean, yeah.
Speaker 11: He, yeah if he's coming, back, RIGHT i don't think he's going to come back for seventeen.
Speaker 3: Games.
Speaker 11: Right if he comes, back let's say it's ten, games you know pretty much for sure this will be the life.
Speaker 3: Last ten games in his. Career so you still have to plan for the.
Speaker 11: Future you get to plan for the short term of like who's going to start the season and give you that short run until he gets, back and then even when he gets, back there's a way that you add a guy Like dylan Thelam and into the. Mix, still it's not like he replaces whoever his safety is in. There he's just an extra value add in that in that. Situation So i'm glad that we cleared that up and we're on the same. PAGE a lot to talk about at ten.
Speaker 13: O'clock, yeah, well they're also you, know there there's AN a minus. Topic you, Know Boss berg went when he hires all of, us wants us to hammer on THE a topic that is THE a topic for the, listeners and THE a topic is The vikings at. EIGHTEEN i think THE a minus topic here for The vikings at eighteen is the voluminous nature of incredibly good football players who have injury. Concerns, NOW i heard charts talking About Caleb downs that there are some, players there are some teams from What i've been, told that are petrified with an injury concerned With Caleb. Downs Jordan, tyson the wide receiver From Arizona, state McCoy jermad, McCoy tight in From. Tennessee i'm going to share this nine the. Corner thank. You i'm going to share this nine to. Noon he's not going to go in the top. TWENTY i mean he might drop out of the first round from from WHAT i, understand somewhere twenty five to thirty, two maybe because he is supremely. Gifted vanderbilt tight end E liesestours in a deep tight end. Draft you, know there there are some teams that have him eliminated from the draft boards because of a. Shoulder, now you, know we all read that so and so has a, shoulder so and so has, this but we don't, Know we don't know the severity of the situation until we get close to.
Speaker 3: It you start talking to the right.
Speaker 13: People so LIKE i Think eliestours somebody WHO i could see going at the end of the first, round early in the second, round AND i THINK i think there could be a big time drop with. Him so that all plays into you, know then they're more there are more players who are are we're really good at one time or are really good now and are battling. Something Dante corleone From, cincinnati a defensive, tackle he's one of. Them SO i, think you, know when you.
Speaker 6: His name is technically don corleone Corle are you kidding?
Speaker 3: Me kidding?
Speaker 6: Him but they're there obvious nickname of all. TIME i think there have to call him the.
Speaker 13: Godfather there are there are a lot of teams who want to do something and it comes down to the their level of belief in their medical staffs and and more importantly the doctors that that that they. Have Caleb, banks he would he would fall into that. Category he's one of those guys where you got to really rely on on not only your medical, staff but the doctors that you employed from the, outside like From Twin City's Orthopedics Performance, center and and then you make that.
Speaker 11: Decision, YEAH i, uh this will be a tease to our segment THAT i jump on with you here in about an, hour BUT i do want base on our scenario that happened TO i Know bossburg's got a guy that he was kind of whispering in the break that is, available AND i want to get your thoughts on that guy.
Speaker 3: Because it's it is on.
Speaker 11: Defense it's more of a frontliner, guy and if he's, THERE i want to hear the KIND i want to hear your thoughts on the choice between theeneman and this.
Speaker 13: Guy we'll save that for seven and on yeah there you, go all, right oh a deep deep.
Speaker 3: Tease we'll save that one for all.
Speaker 7: Right, well if you won't say it out, LOUD i, will because they, need they need a defensive tackle like.
Speaker 3: They need a lot they.
Speaker 7: Need and there's really, one really really good, one not a bunch of pretty good.
Speaker 13: Ones, Well jermad, McCoy a corner From, tennessee is an amazing, player an amazing, player but he has.
Speaker 3: Not the guy but they.
Speaker 13: HAVE i think it's fair to say that if IF i believe that they want to end up with four or five picks in the top one, hundred and they want three or four of those guys at least to play right, now well that means you, know this guy, there that guy, there this guy, there the offensive the offensive lineman situation is was messing me up a little, bit because you, know it's not a zero percenter The Minnesota vikings taken offensive lineman at.
Speaker 3: EIGHTEEN i.
Speaker 13: AGREE i, mean even somebody who doesn't necessarily start this.
Speaker 8: Year, well and If Spencer forno drops to here like they did in our, mock you know many people think he's the best offensive lineman in this, draft.
Speaker 3: And you're sitting at a, Side, yeah plays the right.
Speaker 13: Side so for the purposes of The Power Trip Morning, show wildly successful and highly touted as it is the sixty ninth, annual The Minnesota vikings Select Dylan theheneman Safety, oregon.
Speaker 7: And doesn't it make you? Nervous the last time we all agreed on what a great pick a certain and position of, need it Was Garrett bradbury and we all, Thought, god that's the greatest pick we've had in a long.
Speaker 3: Time turns out it. Wasn't yeah he went to The Super.
Speaker 13: Bowl, Yeah garrett's better than people seem to think he.
Speaker 3: Is pull your hands.
Speaker 13: Up he Took Ben, johnson who we all love and, respect three seconds to trade for him when he lost his. Center So i'm gonna Trust ben there with. RESPECT i have a question for, you AND i THINK i know the.
Speaker 4: ANSWER i don't have any, Patients so DO i have to wait till seven or till seven pm to night to find out who these home run x aar.
Speaker 13: Say The vikings pick at nine thirty five, tonight you need to wait till nine thirty three because of the tweet machine CAN i text you no because you'll put it On.
Speaker 3: Twitter, No yes you, Will yes you. Will, OKAY i love.
Speaker 13: You we'll figure something. OUT i appreciate. YOU i read you. THOUGH i APPRECIATE i read what you're. Saying, YEAH i get. It we want people to listen to the show. Period it's doing. It, Yeah And dylan theenaman would be if it's gone to the head right now AND i had to like lay out a name because it was life or, Death i'd Say Dylan. Thinum BUT i don't think that's absolutely the answer tonight at.
Speaker 7: Eighteen there's no chance That theeneman is To Caleb downs What lewis scene was To Kyle, hamilton.
Speaker 13: Shush good. Question, wow that's an interesting. Question AND i love as SOMEBODY i. CAN'T i think it Was natcho who laid Out Deronte, jones the former DB's coach for The, vikings is the defensive coordinator For, washington and he's going to do a fair amount of things That Brian flores, did maybe not the whole, backage but he's going to need a big time communicator back there. TOO i think the communication part of it With theenaman is what's really getting me over the hump with him at this stage of his. Career he's. Good you, Know alex has written and be talked nine To noon about a lot of great Trade Dylan theneman possesses and again he is very.
Speaker 3: YOUNG i, think what is he twenty two.
Speaker 6: Twenty.
Speaker 5: STAFF i mean they talk about this guy like they would bet their WHOLE i mean they love this guy in the, work, habits the commitment from that, standpoint all of.
Speaker 3: Those BUT i mean they're you know that they're very well.
Speaker 13: Could be a new general manager for The Minnesota vikings within the next month and a. HALF i, MEAN I i do fully expect. There alex said this a couple of, times AND i didn't really believe, him but NOW i. Do, Uh, SIMPLY i had my, reasons BUT i do believe that there will be a general manager. Search so this is an in between period here from a regime to a next. Regime so, this, uh this has a little Wild west to it right, now AND i like that a. Lot sweet listen to nine to seven. O'CLOCK i promise you appreciate. It thank you.
Speaker 7: Should Before cinny allows to is allowed to at least make some sort of selection for the.
Speaker 2: Packers, yeah we have to, WELL i want to hear chart you talk about The vikings pick too.
Speaker 8: WELL i think there's theenom and fatigue in this town because we've been talking about the same guy for two, months So bared, Right SO i think there are some people that are just feeling like they need to be creative and find find a different player just because we've been talking about him for so. Long but he's basically the perfect fit for this, team AND i think there's a point in which you just don't overthink it And theeneman just makes too much. SENSE i think the thing that's most interesting about What pa said is that he believes that the team would not Take Kenyan sadiq Over, theeneman and that's those are the two guys that most people have got going To minnesota one of those combination of, two AND pa maybe right about.
Speaker 3: THAT i THINK i.
Speaker 5: Would disagree with, them but we'll see. Tonight that's what makes it.
Speaker 6: FUN i wonder if you have different sources interesting before we Make sinnecon talk about The packers or.
Speaker 3: Whatever ladies and, gentlemen COULD i please have your Attention.
Speaker 6: ALE i don't know if you saw this over your, shoulder if you were doom. Scrolling but you're An alabama, guy. CORRECT i Am caitlin De borr seven, years eighty seven and a half million.
Speaker 3: Dollars it's just whoever his agmen is it did a great, job but he hasn't won. IT i, mean it's the.
Speaker 5: Culture down there makes me very sad because of what they, were and they were the most physical they were the most, physical imposing team and now they are kind of like a past happy spread attack and so you hate. This he's a great he seems like a great, guy BUT i, prefer you, know, Winning so.
Speaker 2: Wow okay, Man, Yeah alex doesn't like the culture in The.
Speaker 3: South Off indiana and get. Paid that's a beautiful thing for. Him, yeah all.
Speaker 6: Right Dave, Sinek and what's up with The packers in twenty twenty?
Speaker 3: Six the? Draft what are they looking?
Speaker 9: For the beautiful thing is the draft starts tomorrow for The, packers SO i can focus on The wolves tonight and not be. Distracted goody likes to cook On day two AND i have a draft crush that if he starts to slip tomorrow, night doesn't get picked. Tonight It's Chris, johnson the cornerback out Of San Diego. State that's a big need for Green. Bay you don't draft for. NEED i get all, that but if he happens to be there in the, FORTIES i could see Green bay trying to move up to get. Him you could read my seven round mocket zone coverage Dot. Com by the WAY i got The packers. Taken the biggest hole in the roster right now is nose. Tackle they do not have a functional nose. Tackle maybe they'll find a veteran after the, draft but If Lee, hunter the big guy From Texas, tech is sitting there at fifty, two that's a home run pick to put Between DeVante wyatt And Javon.
Speaker 3: Hargrave that they don't have a nose and with.
Speaker 9: The new defensive, Coordinator Jonathan gannon coming in putting in a three, four they need a nose AND i think they're going to try to address that if he's. There SO i think it's defense for Green bay On, friday AND i think it's offense all day. Long they have six picks On, saturday they're going to get all the skill positions filled, up maybe even a backup quarterback because they brought it a secret quarterback that they wouldn't let the beat reporters announce who he. WAS i think it's the BIG i think it's The arkansas guy. Myself, Yeah drake N. Yeah SO i think it's a defense tomorrow night For Green, bay nose tackle, corner maybe an edge Rusher.
Speaker 3: Don.
Speaker 6: Corleon All, right so before we wrap up in like eight, MINUTES i Want parker and you to break down tonight's. Game but let's put a final bow on the. Draft any final, thoughts whether It's vikings related or draft, related before we wrap this thing up for the, year, anyone Sus let's start with. YOU i think from, listening hold, on take your. TIME i think from listening and What i've gathered by sitting here with you guys for an hour and a, HALF.
Speaker 4: I think If Caleb downs gets to like pick, eleven they might make a phone call to move up to pick eleven because they as you, Said corey THE, gm it's maybe maybe not his.
Speaker 3: Job he's probably got nothing to.
Speaker 4: Lose your, Take, bossberg about is it basically Like Lewis seen And Kyle. HAMILTON i think if you get to, ELEVEN i think they might be a phone call to move them up from eighteen to eleven to Take Caleb, downs who would be an absolute home run pick for Your Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Vikings it really, is though you said it, earlier it is so crazy that they have a pick at eighteen where you don't you feel, okay not really, phenomenal and if you had lost two more games or you would be in the spot that you're maybe picking The it's just crazy how that how it.
Speaker 3: Is think about how much worse your culture would have been had you.
Speaker 4: Lost, yeah BECAUSE i Bet giants fans are going to be devastated if they get your uh uh the love character at pick.
Speaker 3: Five because of all the win losses they, Have like you follow the team, right give me the last five. Wins the teams, go.
Speaker 5: They they beat The packers. BACKUPS i think that was week seventeen or. Eighteen, uh never forget that, Game. Giants Jackson dark played one of the worst quarterback Games i've ever seen my whole.
Speaker 3: Life was The Commanders Marcus mariota and.
Speaker 1: The.
Speaker 3: Lions that was a that was.
Speaker 5: Memorable Harrison smith had a great game And Jared goff threw like six.
Speaker 3: Picks we'll never forget those. Games it, Was, yeah it was.
Speaker 5: GREAT i do you think tonight's gonna be fun because there will be a lot of, activity specifically in the middle part of the first, Round so it should be a.
Speaker 2: Blest can anybody tell me whether or not they Believe grenard is going to be on this team.
Speaker 5: TOMORROW i, Well i'd SAY i believe that he will be on the team unless a team Like philadelphia really steps up their asks to where it's a premium trade that that makes sense for The vikings to move a player who is as important As Jonathan grenard.
Speaker 7: Is, yeah if you got to get something for him and you're going to lose another, starter you can't see that.
Speaker 5: The defense to your Point greg, earlier like there are a lot of holes on this. Team you can't lose a guy who is arguably like top three most impactful defenders in your best passor.
Speaker 7: It's just about the money at this. Point, Yeah and so in, general The vikes kind of have to figure out where their money is still fixed correct.
Speaker 3: On whoever you want to.
Speaker 8: Whatever grenard doesn't have really much leverage here at the end of the. Day teams almost never actually hold out into the. Season you know that's don't blink unless you get a really good deal For. Gernard and don't you, KNOW i would be very disappointed If brazinski gave him. Away this is an, opportunity even at the interim, level to show some grit and.
Speaker 3: Strength and you, know let's.
Speaker 8: Not Make let's not make a bad deal on a player who just wants to get paid. More that's just not it's not a good enough. Reason he probably should be paid. More then maybe you can find a way to accommodate. That but even if you, can't The vikings have the. Leverage and don't you, know let's let's not move an impact player for a third.
Speaker 5: Rounder that would be my expectations at some point before training. Camp you, know you sit, together Dru rosenhouse flies in and robbing, him have that.
Speaker 3: Conversation, yeah all.
Speaker 6: Right, Quickly wolves after dark in the, Zone wolves fan, line all that. Stuff let's do a fake version of, It Parker, fox what? Happens what has to happen tonight to Win game.
Speaker 3: Three against The? Nuggets?
Speaker 10: Go, YEAH i think you got to continue to put pressure on the. Rim we saw the foul disparity in game one for The wolves and then nothing kind of evened up in game. Two SO i think if you're The, timberwolves and you're a guy Like jada, McDaniels you have to stay by your. Word they're all bad, defenders so you got to continue to put pressure on the rim and then you have TO i, Mean yokich Is. Yokic he's going to continue to be. Himself But rudy was excellent down the. Stretch denver's a team that finishes games really, well and they didn't do that in game.
Speaker 3: Two so if you're The, wolves you got to continue to stick in.
Speaker 10: It they haven't put a complete game together yet, either SO i think this is a team where you're coming back home To Target, center the fans are going to be riled. Up if you can put complete forty eight minutes, together there's no reason why you can't Win game three. Tonight and THEN i think if you do it, tonight you get the two to one, lead you're going.
Speaker 3: To look, really really good for the rest of the. Series, Dave, YEAH i think the winner tonight wins the.
Speaker 9: Series AND i Think i'm worried about The wolves because they tend to be better on the road than at home in the. Playoffs i'm worried how they back up what was an amazing game On monday. Night What parker, said use your, physicality us your, athleticism the advantages you have over den for attack them and tire Out murray And jokich And murray are not going to go two for thirteen in the fourth quarter. Again but if they're, tired if they're worn, down you got a better chance AGAINST i expect A jokic bounce back game, tonight BUT i don't Think murray's going to go. Off i'm really curious to see what The wolves do tonight BECAUSE i really do believe the winner tonight wins the. Series and The wolves have to prove to me that they can back up a really good performance and yap about it afterwards and do it again at home the next.
Speaker 6: Time, well last things we talked about Pivotal game three Is, greg you were there until about four thirty in the.
Speaker 3: Morning that sucked The wild loss in double overtime to The. Stars. Yeah two.
Speaker 7: Things in the, playoffs officiating is really, random and what you have to do instead of waiting around to retaliate is you have to actually. Initiate first game of The wild initiated. Contact they were first of the, Puck they won the puck. Battles they were doing all the. Hitting now Since trendon went, out that's been a problem BECAUSE i, think you, know he's the best one they have. There and the other thing is the only real penalty they will always call and get right is when you throw the puck over the. Glass and they did it too much and that's why they lost the. Game, else his powerplay is too. Good you cannot be in the. Box keep your stick on the. Ice, yeah JUST i mean a bought a. Souvenirs Though boldie shot one out of his own, zone from his own goal line and.
Speaker 3: Threw it over the.
Speaker 7: Glass and they're, Closing so, Yeah i'm sure he was, fired but don't do.
Speaker 3: That so is it?
Speaker 7: Over, No BECAUSE i honestly believe. THIS i think The wild are better Than. DALLAS i, agree and they're just not as disciplined at this point As. Dallas and and for whatever, reason the refs Let Jamie benn get away with. Everything he cross Checks boldy in the head from behind last.
Speaker 3: Night it's nothing for.
Speaker 7: It it's just IT'S i don't get, it AND i don't understand why he gets away with the crap he gets away with. Him BUT i honestly think that the difference in the first game they killed. Him second, game the difference was a bad, goal a lucky bounced off the, end and then.
Speaker 3: Last night it went to. Overtime you guys Are american. Treasures. Charge we can listen to you tonight with the draft Show.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes and coming up in the next we'll be chatting right on a draft With.
Speaker 3: Pa, Okay So charge, next, best, Buddy.
Speaker 6: Alex people can read you where the Athletic athletic dot com and you have a podcast and you do it with sauce like a week.
Speaker 3: Ad, yeah Aleck lewis show here you. Go got really, creative all?
Speaker 6: Right so thanks To, alec thanks To, ben thanks To, pa thanks To, charge To Parker fox the sauce To Sweatburg. Desinicon we're back tomorrow five thirty to Nine draft coverage basically the rest of the day right here on the.
Speaker 3: Van hey, ready handler Wading, forday did you two have a new?
Speaker 2: Year little grass favory, Girl i'm Big.
Speaker 5: Dame