Speaker 1: I believe in the magic of the holidays, Dave Ryan Christmas wish.
Speaker 2: Before we get started and introduce our wisher, I get a check in with our boy Brandon from College Muscle Movers. He what did you bench yesterday? You were down at Snap Fitness and didn't you bench like two eighty yesterday?
Speaker 1: Brandon? Is that what it was? Okay? Thought?
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm making up numbers. I don't even know if that's good. Is that a good number to bench?
Speaker 1: Jenny? Yes?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is it okay?
Speaker 4: It is for other people? Stop?
Speaker 2: I was bragging to Jenny the other day at Snap I was doing seventy pound lawnmowers.
Speaker 1: You know what a lawnmower is, Brandon? I don't. Okay, that's where you never mind. We'll talk about this now the dance move. Okay.
Speaker 2: So Brandon is from College muscle Movers. Brandon, what city are you in this morning?
Speaker 1: I'm no field today?
Speaker 2: Where do what is your scope? Where does college muscle Movers go to? Can you move anywhere in Minnesota or what's your limit?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We can even go to our neighbors in Wisconsin and Iowa and the Dakotas even Oh wow.
Speaker 4: You hit the whole Midwest.
Speaker 2: Then very good, Thank you Brandon for doing what you do. He's delivering the wish and also is our backup in case our wish e does not answer the phone. Let's meet our wisher this morning. Hi Tara, Hi, you've been listening to KWB for a long time, A long time. Did you used to call in and request songs?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What did your request? You remember?
Speaker 6: I think sound Garden or something.
Speaker 2: Wow, choice and you sit on your bedroom floor with your cassette recorder and the DJ would talk over the song.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Great, the word zone too, I did that too.
Speaker 2: Tara is doing a Christmas wish for Kobe. How do you know Kobe?
Speaker 5: So, Kobe is my brother in law. He is the boyfriend on my sister that passed away.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna call Kobe and talk about your Christmas wish and what we can do for Kobe and four kids, four little kids like seven and under.
Speaker 6: Fifteen, fifteen, another, eleven and two.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna call Kobe right now. Jenny's making the phone call and we will pick up and put Kobe on the air. He does not know exactly what's going on, but he's waiting for a phone call from somebody who's making a delivery. Yes, literally, yeah, he literally is Hello, I'm calling for Kobe.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kobe, it's Dave Ryan on the radio over at kd WB. Can I talk to you about something good for a minute?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, good Kobe. I'm here with your sister in law, Tara. Tara, say hi to Kobe. Hey Kobe, Kobe, would you have any idea why we're calling you this morning?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Not really?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, Katie Able to be does something that we're really proud of every year called Christmas Wish, where we ask people to tell us about a family that has struggled and has faced some really challenging circumstances. And we heard from Tara about your situation. And Tara wrote in a letter to tell us about your situation. And I know you've got kids in the background, You've got stuff going on, but if you can, can you do you have a few minutes to listen to Tara read this letter?
Speaker 1: Kobe. Sure, okay, whenever you're ready, Tara.
Speaker 5: All right, let's see if I can make it through without crying. All right, So my sister Tiffany and I would like to nominate our brother in law, Kobe and his four beautiful children for this Christmas wish. Kobe is the boyfriend of our youngest sister, Tina, who passed away five months ago. Our sister Tina was such an amazing mom to her four kids. She was so selfless for her family and she gave all of herself. Tina struggled for many years with unresolved childhood trauma, untreated mental health, and substance abuse. She always put everyone else first to a fault. It was almost as if she didn't know how to take care of herself.
Speaker 6: Tiffy and I prayed for her for many.
Speaker 5: Years that she would get the healing that she needed, since we knew that recovery and healing was possible since we both received it. Unfortunately, she never got the help that she needed and continued to drink until we found out that she had early stages of liver disease, still even knowing that her addiction was so strong that she could not quit. She was hospitalized over the summer in July, and over just a span of a week, she had been placed on life support. We had to decide to take her off of it so she could pass away peacefully. It was one of the hardest things that we've ever done in our life. After this, Kobe became a single dad of four children, ages two, seven, eleven, and fifteen. He tackled getting them into school just a month and a half after she died, getting school clothes, and figuring out how to manage it all. I couldnot imagine how challenging it has been for him to navigate this new way of life. He has worked so hard to carry his family emotionally, mentally, and financially, and there is only so much one person can do. Through all of this, Kobe has been the pillar of his four children and has pushed through such a hard time. Kobe, I want you to know that we see you, and we love you, and we are here for you. We think of you as our own brother. I hope that this Christmas the Adams family will experience a brighter holiday season since this is the first Christmas without their mother and girlfriend. And lastly, I just want to say that if you're struggling with substance use out there, there is hope for recovery and to reach out to EOSIS Recovery.
Speaker 2: And we'll get more information about that in a second. I'm so sorry about Tina. Is an unimaginable loss, and that the addiction was so powerful that she knew that it was killing her basically and she just could not stop. Yeah, that had to been a very hard thing to see somebody you love go through that, Kobe.
Speaker 7: Yes it was.
Speaker 2: And now life without Tina will who of course you miss? And four kids? How's that going, Kobe? It's day by day thing.
Speaker 7: I just take one day at a time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, struggle, but you know how much your family loves you and how much support you have.
Speaker 5: I hope, yes, I'll do, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: How are the kids doing, Kobe?
Speaker 8: You're good, You're doing the right You're doing good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they miss mom?
Speaker 5: I'm sure, yes, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine four kids with two parents is challenging. Four kids with just Kobe really challenging. It sounds like you got this though. What's going on now? Are we making breakfast or what are we doing right now?
Speaker 1: Kobe?
Speaker 8: Getting kids ready for school, getting ready for work?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, we have some good news for you. With Katie Wdeb's Christmas wish, we try to make Christmas a little bit brighter, a little bit easier, give you some things that you might know that you want and some of the things that you didn't know that you needed. So we're going to start off with some things for you to make you and the family, the Adams family, I love that. To make it a little bit easier. We're going to start off with this is very simple.
Speaker 1: Gas. Everybody needs gas.
Speaker 2: Every Christmas Wish from Holiday Station Stores gets one hundred and one dollars Holiday gas card. Every fuel purchase now through December seventeenth. Holiday Station Stores donating a portion to Christmas Wish, so make sure fuel up. You do it at holiday. There's some other cool stuff. You got a big family there to feed. We got one hundred dollars Broadway Pizza gift card thanks to Sarah. Everybody over Broadway Pizza. There's more, There's so much more. Two hundred dollars gift card to Saint Paul Tap. Oh, Saint Paul Tap. Wow, that sounds awesome. It's over on Jefferson and Saint Paul. Saint Paul Tap dot com. Oil changes from Valveline. I know these are little things, but let's get to some of the more fun stuff. I mean, they're all fun, don't get me wrong. Two hundred dollars gift card to Dick Sporting Goods, shopping or whatever you want to get down there for you and the kids, new parent Nikes. Three hundred dollars cub Food's gift card. Do you think that'll come in handy Tobe?
Speaker 5: Definitely.
Speaker 1: What's your specialty there at the house? Is it mac and cheese?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: What's your specialty?
Speaker 3: My daughter does the mac and cheese chicken portshops.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you can load up the cart with cub Foods. We've got a two hundred dollars visa gift card for you and the family that's donated by Plugs Electric and Forrest Lake. They called the other day and they donated a stack of visa gift cards. So safe home. Start at Plugs with a z Plugselectric dot com. Kleina is your fifteen year old? How's Kleina doing?
Speaker 6: She doing good.
Speaker 1: She's the one that's most exected because she spent the most time with the mirles, but she show so's she's a big help right now too.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we've got some things for Kleina. We've somehow heard she wanted a Vivitar digital camera, so we got her a digital camera. We got a white vanity with chair that is shipping to you. We got a heated blanket because in Minnesota that's just a good thing to happen. Ultra many black ugs boots they're ordered in shipped to you. Tell me about Kingston. What is Kingston into? He's eleven.
Speaker 8: Kingston is into video games, Roadblocks, Fortnight.
Speaker 2: Well, you know you can take that two hundred dollars visa gift card and get in any events stuff. But if you've also got some ug slippers. We've got a Jordan beanie hat and Nike gloves, some other cool stuff, Jordan sweatsuits. Cayenne is your seven year old, and she's still into little kids stuff, right, yes she is. Yeah, Well we got our a Gabby's dollhouse, Gabby's dollhouse, light up cat ears, and a Squish mellow because kids love that, some Nike stuff and Jordan's banching hat and gloves, just so all the kids get something. Now, I'm gonna guess Cairo two years old, they're probably into bluey am I right.
Speaker 8: Oh, yes, he loves blue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two year olds love blue, So we got her bluey everything, Bluey toys, blue pajamas, sweats jeans we had are a dinosaur hoodie, fleece line flannel, blue sneakers, another Sarah sneakers, so when she loses one or whatever, she got another one, a blue Squish mellow, and then some other stuff. We got tickets for you guys to go see the timber Wolves take on the Clippers in Sunday. It's in February, to give us some time to plan for that. And then Treasure Island heard that you could use some new furniture.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 2: Yes, So they said, can we give the family a Treasure Island bonus? We said yeah, So we've got to check this out, Kobe. It's a two thousand dollars gift card to Slumberland.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: So you can pick out what department of the furniture store you go into first at Slumberland, I mean couches.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, Kobe.
Speaker 2: I know that we can't you know, we can't fix things, but I hope that you feel the love from your family and the people who listen to KWB and work at k w B and all these wonderful people in the community. Treasure Island Holiday just to feel the support and I wish we could do more. But hopefully this makes a Christmas for you and the four kids a little bit.
Speaker 8: Better and definitely does.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it so much.
Speaker 2: Kobe, you take care. There's a guy outside your house named Brandon. He's got a van full of stuff to bring in for the kids. And what I would do is I would sip hot chocolate and watch him work. But you know you can. You can do whatever you want to. But Kobe, Mary the merriest of Christmas is possible to you and your four kids. I appreciate it so much.
Speaker 7: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 6: Kobe, you can.
Speaker 5: Say goodbye bye.
Speaker 2: Kobe, you take care. Hey, give the phone number of the the recovery place that you work for Terra. You work there, right, Yeah, I work, okay.
Speaker 5: So it's nine five two five two two four five seven four Eosis Recovery okay.
Speaker 1: And so if you are yourself struggling.
Speaker 5: Yep, struggling with mental health or substance use, and you can give that number of calls that can take one.
Speaker 2: And a lot of time people call because it's not them, it's their mom or their sister or their partner.
Speaker 6: Right, you can call it for yourself or someone else.
Speaker 1: And you can help those people too. Thanks for what you do.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: And that is Christmas Wish brought to you by Treasure Island Resorting Casino. It is match Day today and maybe you are inspired to donate, then go ahead and donate online. Treasure Island will match it. What are we up to now, Jenny.
Speaker 9: A bunch just came in, so I'm not fully up to date, but we're at about thirty six hundred, but more came in.
Speaker 2: We're probably want to say you to ten thousand. If you get to ten thousand, everybody listening gets the day off tomorrow. Yeah, just call in and say I said you get the day off. Go donate on katiewb dot com slash wish. I don't know if I've ever heard that song from Sam Smith before. That was beautiful. Love that Christmas wish on katiewb. We just did one for Cob and his four kids a minute ago. What a horrible sad story. They lost mom to alcoholism just a few months ago and now the kids from fifteen down to two are dealing with that. And you can't even imagine moms make Christmas. But I have a feeling Kobe is going to do a pretty good job this year. If you want to support families like Kobe's, families like Tina's, families like Terras, then please make a donation on katiwb dot com slash wish and we will have an update for you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're at three nine and thirty five, so we're almost at four.
Speaker 6: Thousand and nine.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, I want to get to ten thousand. I'm not sure we can do it. We're more than halfway through the show. But that's good. It's good to have a lofty goal. I agree, So go donate on ktwb dot com slash wish. We'll come back in a second. Please be generous if you can. If you listen to Christmas Wish and maybe you've donated before, please donate again. If you've never donated before, then make it your first time. And Treasure Island is matching everything, so take advantage of their generosity. Dave Bryan TVA with Treasure Island Resort and Casino, and we just had somebody donate. Let me say I can find them to give them a shout out here because this is super cool. David's five Stars Storage over in Saint Paul just donated eight hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is awesome. Kendred just donated fifty dollars and a good question.
Speaker 8: Somebody just called and asked if they could they want to donate one thousand bucks, which thank you. They asked, well, I get a receipt? Is this tax deductible? They want to know all those details.
Speaker 2: You will, absolutely, yes, It'll be taken care of when you Basically, I think what you do is you show that receipt, your print off the visa, the receipt. Yes, just take a screenshot of that, because when you donate you get a receipt page. You take a screenshot of that or take a picture of that, and that should work with your tax person because it goes through youth Link. It all goes through youth Link, so it is all tax deductible. So basically Christmas Wish is the service of youth Link that we do all the work for, and youth Link takes care of the fact that it's a credible charity and it is their charity, but we do all the leg work. Yeah, and we love doing the leg work. I would tell you I sit down for probably about a half an hour or an hour every night, I get a cup of hot green tea. Oh, I light a candle in my office and I start calling people for Christmas wish and I'm like, Hi, it's Dave Ryan calling. And then they always say, Wow, this is so cool and you're a big deal.
Speaker 1: And I say, I.
Speaker 7: Know, I feel like I've overheard some of your calls, and I don't think they ever said that.
Speaker 2: They say, oh, wow, this this is a big thrill. I say, I know, I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, who is it?
Speaker 1: Shut up, Bailey.
Speaker 2: And so anyway, so we love doing the leg work and we got another Christmas wish coming up. I went by Fido's pantry over in chan happening last night. Picked up five hundred dollars worth of pet food and pet toys and cat litter. Wow, it was awesome. Thanks to Andy and Sarah for helping out with that. They said, if you need more, let us know, so include that when you nominate somebody for a Christmas wish, tell us about their pets. Pets are expensive. They are they can be very expensive. So if you know somebody who's got pets, then make sure you include that in the Christmas wish.
Speaker 1: But go donate. What is our latest total?
Speaker 4: Jennays double checking?
Speaker 9: But we're at seven and eighty five?
Speaker 1: Wait wait what Yeah.
Speaker 9: Because we've gotten a couple thousand dollars ones. We got a five hundred dollars one two hundred, I mean, and every donation matters, So I don't want to say that the you know, like the ten and twenty.
Speaker 4: Five dollars, you bet, but we just.
Speaker 9: Got like a lot of very big ones in the last like ten minutes.
Speaker 4: So thank you for Wow.
Speaker 1: If we get to ten thousand, you get the day off.
Speaker 6: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: You've called your boss and say, Dave Ryan said, I can have the day off, and that'll work. I've been here for thirty two years. I've got some authority. They don't like the mayor kind of like the mayor.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? What did you?
Speaker 8: You told a story earlier an old DJ on the Station of the Emperor.
Speaker 2: I was reading a story on the Woodbury history page because Katie Wob used to be in Woodbury on radio Drive. That's why it's called radio drive because we were the only thing out there. Cows, yuck of plants and Katie wb So that I was reading an article on the Woodbury Facebook page like Woodbury History, and they said that a DJ who named himself Charlie Brown in about nineteen sixty five declared himself the Emperor of Wisconsin and was going to take over Wisconsin, which I found to be hysterical.
Speaker 1: So now you're the mayors, yeah, the mayor. You're the mayor, the mayor of Minnesota.
Speaker 8: Emperor sounds more like prestige, though, I'll take emperor.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, thanks for your donations. It is treasure other than match day.
Speaker 2: I'm in a good mood today, partly because we're doing really well with Christmas wish and partly because I didn't sleep.
Speaker 1: Well last year.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I'm just And Bailey's not feeling good either because she had salt last night for dinner.
Speaker 7: Such salty pizza. So now I can feel my skull. So that doesn't sound good going around then, because I don't feel good either.
Speaker 8: I feel good, I think because I haven't been wearing a hat and stuff, and I'm bundling up, so not bundling up, so my bones feel very achy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, or I'm getting old.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling, Jenny?
Speaker 4: I feel right now because I went to the bathroom an hour ago.
Speaker 9: But prior to that, I went out to eat last night and that food was not stomach because it was Lauchian food.
Speaker 4: Oh Yeahusan Maau.
Speaker 1: Shouts delicious and dangerous.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you mixed this spicy curry with tofu, with all kinds of deliciousness.
Speaker 4: You have one upset tummy.
Speaker 2: Jenny, I asked on changing the subject rapidly. I asked on Facebook, Dave Ryan on Facebook, when you were a kid, what do you remember asking Santa for? Samantha says an easy bake oven? Yes, iconic barbies, says Aaron. A lot of people said an easy bake oven.
Speaker 6: I had one.
Speaker 1: Did you have an easy bake yes?
Speaker 8: I did, and I used to make them a little nasty cakes and brownie things that would go in the that would be heated up by a light bulb. It's a light bulb that makes it easy bake oven in seven minutes.
Speaker 2: Rainbow bright pound puppies, Pound puppy was quite common. Cabbage patch goes back to the mid to early eighties. Barbie doll house, Lego castle, a pony. I hope you got it at Your sketch was a big one. What did you ask for for Christmas from Santa When you were a kid, go online on Facebook, Dave, Ryan and uh and comment We'll be right back on KD double ub Kid. It is brought to you proudly by.
Speaker 4: The Leo Agency.
Speaker 9: You can find them online at the Leoagency dot com. They are your expert realtors and they're changing the way real estate stunts. So check them out because they are helping you with how much you pay your real estate agent when you're selling a house.
Speaker 2: And by the way, speaking of pay, we're doing match Day with Treasure Island Resorting Casino, and our match right now without matches without Jenny is like, I can't keep up.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be really honest.
Speaker 1: I was great. I'm glad you can't keep up.
Speaker 4: We are over ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the day after tomorrow, b b bye bye.
Speaker 1: Wow, you just turned on your radio. We're not gonna explain why we did that.
Speaker 2: I seriously, I am so happy and so impressed and so amazed and joyful that we reached that because I threw that out there. Going okay, so with the match, it's gonna be over twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Yes, woo.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: I threw out ten thousand dollars. It's kind of like, you know, like a goal to shoot fors like you won't. This is you won't. But it's kind of one of those things. Set a lofty goal because what if you make it? Oh, oh, write that down, Jenny. Set a lofty goal because what if you make it right?
Speaker 6: I'll do that.
Speaker 7: You're not writing, she's busy doing that, lady, let her live.
Speaker 6: I'll write it down.
Speaker 2: Gosh, Set a lofty goal because what if you make it You're not writing anything?
Speaker 6: Yis I'm writing? I'm writing?
Speaker 1: It was that your writing? Sound effect?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not as good as they're falling down the stairs sound effect.
Speaker 8: A favorite bay sound effect is or silent sound effect.
Speaker 1: M that's a good one to love that one.
Speaker 2: There's a therapist that I want to see what you think about this one. They're saying you, if you're a boomer, or if your parents are boomers, there's certain things they should not keep secret from you.
Speaker 1: Check this out.
Speaker 6: We're going to play the part of the boomer parent.
Speaker 3: Well, Grahama's been on life support for the last week and it's not looking good. So we wanted to wait until we knew for sure that it wasn't looking good till we called.
Speaker 6: Hey, we're back now.
Speaker 3: I understand protecting your children from information that may not be like developmentally appropriate when it comes to illness with family members, but these are adult children now. The lack of communication regarding important family health events has not only increased their anxiety now because they don't trust that you'll tell them, but it's resulted in a fracture in your relationship or a breach of trust.
Speaker 7: Yikes, Oh, I won one hundred percent agree with this because that is my dad.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 6: We'll find out about my dad's side of the family.
Speaker 7: Either over text message or he'll say it kind of like in passing. He'll be like, oh, yeah, your aunt's been a you know, really ill. She spend in and out of the hospital. It'll be like, cool, how come you didn't tell me that? Yeah, Like, that's an easy call to make, an easy text to make. But then anyone know, he'll text us like.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah, by the.
Speaker 7: Way, your uncle died today, Like, oh no, that's a phone call.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know he was sick exactly, and he's dead.
Speaker 2: Now. Now it is party season, and you know you shouldn't show up at the party empty handed. But you know what's the right thing to bring? People like, oh, here's a bottle of wine. Well, then the problem is the host or host ass feels like they have to bust out the bottle of wine. And sometimes they've already got a bunch of bottles of wine. So do you bring flowers? Flowers is decent, but there is a celebrity. Chef Ena Garton suggests switching it up and bring something your host can enjoy after the party, like coffee. Hmm, not a cup or a pot of coffee, but like, you know, a bag of delicious something exotic kind of coffee. Yeah, like some sort of like, I don't know, exotic sort of coffee.
Speaker 8: But how does that benefit the party itself?
Speaker 1: I guess it doesn't. It doesn't.
Speaker 2: But I think the thing is they get so many things that benefit the party, yeah, that they just don't want anymore benefit them after maybe so coffee or homemade granola or something they would I wouldn't bring that.
Speaker 6: But kind a garden thing to say, is it?
Speaker 1: You know who that is?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's the barefoot contessa. She's very like you know what you could get them is a homemade granola. My husband loves homemade granola.
Speaker 6: She's one of those.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha bring them something they can enjoy the next day, but not that they feel compelled to serve it during the meal. I kind of like that one, Jenny, do you have a new total? You're still adding?
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 9: I think we're like at ten thousand right now, so let's keep going though.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, of course, yeah, we don't want to stop. That's great, just because we blew ten thousand out of the water, I mean we want to go oo, okay stop. If you want to donate at his Treasure Island match Day kdiwb dot com slash wish, all of it goes to help out families and people in need during the holidays, and we take very very good care of your money. A large donation, Yes it is tax deductible thanks to youth link.
Speaker 6: Dit on KATWB.
Speaker 2: Well, last night it went into overtime. I didn't stay up to watch the end of the Eagles Chargers game, but it ended in overtime Chargers one twenty two to nineteen. Now, this is just a little clip. The quarterback of the Chargers, his name is Justin Herbert, and after the game they sent the field reporter Laura Rutledge to go, you know, get an interview, and that's part of what they do. Now, he wasn't really exactly receptive to it. Listen to what he says when she's trying to chase him down for an interview, and we will.
Speaker 5: Go to Laura Rutledge, who was hustling to get this interview from Justin Herbert.
Speaker 6: I know, but can we un.
Speaker 2: What was it like to watch the interception there that stealed this game for you guys to get this win.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the defense played incredible, you know that came up.
Speaker 2: So then he did do a decent interview, but you might have noticed that he said him trying to celebrate with my team, which I get it. It's like, God, we just won this big game. Can I have a minute. But it's their job. And then he turned all of a sudden, he didn became professional. I would feel bad for coaches when they're like, you know, you lost by forty two to nothing in the game you needed to win.
Speaker 1: How do you feel, coach? Well, you know what, we give one hundred and ten percent.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I don't feel bad. They make millions of dollars Okay, good point. Tomorrow Night's Late Show with Stephen Colbert will one hundred percent be Taylor Swift, she scheduled as his loan guest, plus her first performance from the Life of a Show Girl. And we've talked about this before on the show, but this Friday is the release on Disney Plus of two of six episodes from the End of an Era docu series. Yes, as well as a concert film from the Eras tour final shows. And Tay Swift does turn thirty six on Saturday, So big week for that girl.
Speaker 8: Wow, she getting old yeahease.
Speaker 7: Millie Bobby Brown recently revealed that she spoiled the Stranger Thing series finale for herself. She said, she snuck into the writer's room saw this really big whiteboard with all of.
Speaker 6: The endings on it.
Speaker 7: Oh, I know, well, she's snuck in, so I think she knew what she was doing. The Stranger Things finale releases in theaters to this time around as well, on December thirty first, and I think the first half of the season is out now. I always have my sister watch at first to tell me if it's scary.
Speaker 8: So Sidney Sweeney from Euphoria she's talking about whether or not she actually got plastic surgery needles.
Speaker 7: You guys, you cannot compare a photo of me from.
Speaker 6: When I was twelve to a photo.
Speaker 7: Of me at twenty six with professional makeup and lighting.
Speaker 4: Of course, looked different.
Speaker 8: I guess somebody asked her, showed her a picture of her back in the day and was like, is this plastic surgery.
Speaker 1: She's like, this was fourteen years ago, from twelve years old or fourteen years old.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not what she looked like when you were twelve.
Speaker 1: Yikes.
Speaker 2: We are not exactly rushing to buy shiny new gadgets this holiday season. Half of US adults don't plan to purchase any tech at all, and interest in big ticket items is kind of lukewarm. One in five are I in a new smartphone, fourteen percent have a laptop or tablet on their wish list, and just thirteen percent are looking for like an air fire or a vacuum. Why the slowdown? People just seem happy with what they've got. More than half reported zero tech issues with their current gadgets. I mean, as a total amateur. When it comes to like iPhone technology, there's not a lot of difference between each iPhone. I mean, if you're a big techie, it's like, oh, are you're kidding? This one has the gpe a Graphic Technology one O six and I'm like, the huh it looks the same, It about acts the same to me.
Speaker 1: So I don't need a new iPhone.
Speaker 2: I know somebody's got like an iPhone six and they're perfectly happy with it.
Speaker 9: I just think that usually, like the camera's better. That's the only thing I ever care about. Yeah, and like new ones, you can take people out of the background or your photos cool by basically just like holding on to the person's the background, because my friend Tony does that with his photos. Celeve impersonators have stolen over five billion dollars from followers of entertainers in twenty twenty five. Basically they have they attack these like fan loyalty bases, and they impersonate people like Sabrina Carpenter or Taylor Swift or Billie Eilish and then people are duped into buying fake tickets or bogus merch or like phantom VIP events that don't actually exist, and they have stolen over five billion dollars.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty five. That is crazy. And that's just going to even get worse because of AIS.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 9: And if you are one of those people and you need to save some money, head over to Holiday Station Stores and get their seven dollars meal deal.
Speaker 4: You get a personal pizza and a drink for seven bucks.
Speaker 2: Hey, but not only that, every fuel purchase now through December seventeenth, so another good week or so. Holiday Station Stores donated a portion of sales to Christmas Wish, So make sure when you fuel up, you are fueling up at holiday. That is the dirt presented by Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. I want to ask you a random question for Talkback Tuesday. Use the talkback feature and tell us without naming your job. What is something you say twenty times a day at work? We have a bunch? What do you want to do with your hair today? Another one?
Speaker 1: Your doctor hasn't sent it yet. Oh these are on Facebook? Oh yeah? Ohkad, what you're saying ours? No?
Speaker 2: What do you say twenty times a day at work? What questions do you have?
Speaker 1: Is? One?
Speaker 2: Would you like an envelope? Another one? Write your name on your paper? Another one, put your seatbelt on? Check check, raise call call, I'm gonna guess they're like a poker dealer or something like that. Yeah, anything else I can get you. I'll bet people have to say, did you find everything?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: What do you say twenty times a day at work? Use the talk back day.
Speaker 6: You're listening to me?
Speaker 1: What Dave?
Speaker 4: Are you listening to me?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 6: Did you know? What I said?
Speaker 1: Jenny? Write Dave?
Speaker 2: Write it down, Jenny, write it down, Jenny. Uh, what do you say twenty times a day at work?
Speaker 1: Use it?
Speaker 2: Leave it on the talkback feature the red microphone on the talkback on the iHeartRadio app, and we'll play yours back, coming up now,