Speaker 1: The News Junkie starts now. It is Tuesday at July twenty first to twenty twenty six. Lots to get to today from this cannot be true to a Seinfeld star faces a shocking accusation online and a TV host gets fired in the middle of a live show. Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text Sam more Sea Ladies here he Loo you are with us. You can send us a dispatch as well over at Thenewsjunkie dot com or in the News Junkie app. You can also watch the show on YouTube dot com slash the Newsjunkie. We're twitch dot tv slash the same screwed it all up today? Uh huh? How's everybody doing on a Tuesday? Not too shabby? How are you, sir? Good? You know what this all means? What does it mean? It's time friends for a share the show Tuesday? Yes, indeed, that means you share the show along with us here on a Tuesday. And it's easy for you to do. All you have to do is tell somebody about the show, the podcast, the live stream, I don't know, whatever you want to do, just share the word about the News Junkie in this very radio station we want you to hang out with us today, and we got a lot to show you along the way. One thing I wanted to mention right off the rip here see Lane, was you know I have to go back to go forward on this very quickly a small story. Uh. Some time ago, I was in my studio here and in front of me, you know, I've got all there's equipments we have. We have screens on screens, on screens. Okay, there's so many. Just shopping for new screens. I think like, what could I put if I got this, What can I put on it? What can I put on this screen? I mean, there's a lot of them around here. And and that's just the way it kind of is in the industry and where we're going technologically. I think we are probably the most advanced radio show on planet Earth. Literally, I think that's the truth. I don't think I'm exaggerating here. Now. A long time ago, well not that long ago, but earlier this year, as I was doing the show, I looked down and there was a tiny spider staring back at me on my broadcast desk. Oh no, what's wrong now? And the tiny little spider made its way over to me and I freaked out in the middle of this segment and I slapped it. I smashed the spider and killed it on my broadcast desk here in my studio. And almost immediately after that, bad luck started to appear everywhere. I had just streaks of bad luck after streaks of bad luck. I've had situations you would not believe that I've been dealing with. It's been a wild ride, and hence the spider curse really truly took cold here on the show. Now, as of today, there's a brand new, very very limited Magnet, the News Junkie Magnet. Spider Curse has been dropped. Now you can get if you subscribe right now to Secret Shows and claim that is your gift after you subscribe, or if you gift if you're already a subscriber, if you gift a subscription or multiple subscriptions to somebody else today. That's the good news. The bad news is there's only one hundred of them ever. And the other bad news is it comes along with the spider curse itself. I've taken the stack of magnets, I've rubbed it in the spot where the spider case started. Why would you try to curse the good people. I view it this way, Celane. If they put it on their refrigerator at home and hide it, well, then they have the spider curse. If not, if somebody pulls it off their car Game of Magnet style, they don't have the spider curse. But the person who steals their magnet and Game of Magnets does what if they so they put the magnet on their car? Yes? Or Game of Magnets? Yes, is the car cursed? Now? The car is not cursed, that's just in play. But if you take the magnet, the curse is transferred to you. That's the best way I could think of to get rid of this. The other bad news is over half of them are gone already. Okay, I put out one hundred. Over half of them are gone right now, Meep says, finally, get again. He's trying to get rid of the curse and pawned off on us. Yes, true, yes, absolutely, that's what's happening, And so far those are are going pretty fast. So make a move. I will tell you. I'll go through all the people who have gifted subscriptions at some point during the show. I'm not gonna hit you with all of those right now, because they're coming in fast and furious. But if you want to get a premium subscription on the news junki Dot comment in the app that unlocks secret shows, now's your time. There's a ton of them. There's a ton of them. Let's get started here. Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse. Let's see what's happening in this great, big, wide world of ours. And we go to a woman driving her vehicle see lane, and there's just one little problem. She's got a tire completely and totally missing. And this on there if you, if you look really closely, there's just no air. There's no air. There's a little rubber around the rim at this point for the air to go. And I gotta tell you this is bad for the female drivers out there. This is not going to help this. And then the guy knows it, who's filming this for God's sake, But here's what happened. Let's listen in. But it sounds like you have no tire. God, So they're they're traveling around. This woman is behind them in her van. She has the wheel. The tire on her car is down to just the rim you can hear that on the asphalt. And the guy's trying to make a funny video and she realizes she's being video tape. Let's make cons it. Will you help this go viral? We're just trying to put a No, he says, see, is she even Spanish? I thought she was Asian?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Is she kind of the driving, but on account of I just thought she looked Asian, you don't think so she sounds Spanish. She stops. Eventually she gets mad at him for videotaping her. She's like, you know, pussy, Yeah, that's that's part of why she sounded Spanish. She the way she said stupid mf R. And then she said, you stupid bussy. I thought she was Asian? Who knows? We can't tell. She's just sitting in everybody's Asian posy. Will you help this go viral? We're just trying to put air in your sir. No, no, C C C. Yes see right here was a little bit of air. It was. The tire is gone. It's just a wait when the tire starts folding like that, He gets low on tire pressure and mileage. Looks how it ruined that rim already is like she kept driving on it. People, And I mean I say this for all people. I say this to all of you with all of the peace and all of the love, men, women and yellow, black and white, because let's be real, half of you guys can't change a tire if you had a gun to your head. Let's not pretend like women don't know how to drive and I do to get out of here. Half of you have no idea. I saw a guy the other day, true story. He went to an Advanced Auto Parts and then he said I needed an oil change, and he just takes out the bolt on his oil pan and lets all the oil drain. He doesn't know where it's training. It just drains into the parking lot of the Advanced Auto Parts while he pours more oil in on top, which summarily just falls right back through the hole that he's opened up. This is less than four hist scump intellect actually that we're dealing with here. So this is not a men versus women thing. Okay, this is really truly a lot of people are dumb about cars. When your tire is flat, stop all right, stop seewitch has a point here. Triple A is like thirty nine dollars a year. Ffs, yes, yes, just stop when your tire is like this. Good God, I've done it before. It's not a good idea. Then you don't just need a tire, you need a rim and then you might need like other rims. God only knows what's going on. The thing that I truly regret about modern society. I sound like the unibomber right now. The thing that I truly regret about modern society, and I mean this with all of my heart, is that kids are no longer growing up with two things. One the information and ability to drive with a stick shift, the manual transmission. It's gone, it's over with. I don't even know if there's any cars you could buy with stick shifts anymore. Nobody knows how to drive a manual. I have much good authority that it's a very very small percentage of cars. It's crazy. And they used to be able to get these. It used to be a cheaper option in many cases. In fact, most cars used to have this. But now you can't get it. And this second thing, and this is truly the way. It's worse than little toddlers with iPads all the time. No young people are learning what I learned and what so many people learn growing up, what you learn growing up, and that is, if you don't have a lot of money, you have to learn to fix your car. You have to learn how to change the oil. You have to learn how to replace the brake pads. You have to learn what happens when your tire is flat, and then how to go get used retreaded tires because they're cheaper because you don't have that much money. You get what I'm saying, like this is a like these are valuable piece of information. But now our cars drive themselves, and you know people have run flat tires on expensive vehicles. Oh my god. The pp poople man says, wait till you find out these people vote. I wish they couldn't. I wish I could take away the voting rights of people just at random. When I look and see stuff like this, I'm like, no, no, ain't, no way. Your vote should mean as much as mine. No shot that should happen. So there you go. That starts us off on the show. Today. We have a story that pussy, We have a story that people will not stop sending to me, and I'm just gonna play it to get it over with. I'm just gonna play the story the bodycam footage from this to get it over with, because you guys just will not stop. I have more questions about our food industry and are you trusting your food? As a video has gone megaviral in the last couple of days, we'll check in on the spider Curse magnets and see how many there are left, and a whole lot more real quick, I want to point a couple of things out. You can email the show tips tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. Tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. As Bandit says first generation to be dumber than the previous, maybe right? Is that true? First generation to be dumber than the previous? Is probably true about certain things, like they can't read and write. Half of these kids in certain schools. True, they can't read and write. They can't. We learned that they can't like summarize small portions of texts, like a couple of pages of text. They can't read that and then summarize it well. If they have anxiety, sean, they can't read books. They can they can't read in general. They can't change the tire pressure in their tires, they don't know how to change the oil or I don't know. All of that seems bad, but I sound like an old man. Maybe you're young and you're listening. You're like Sean, I can do all of those. Please restore my faith in the youth now. I have faith in the youths for so many things. You guys are smart as hell. It's so many things, and you're so good at so many things. But I'm just pointing out the things are not good at. Now. Would you be on my side with this part, because I okay, fine, I want to know that a manly man, I know, yeah, it's right to be off before I don't know, uh no, I learned, you know, early on from my dad changing a tire, how to change a tire. I've never changed my own oil, but there's plenty of things on a car that I've done myself. I've replaced window actuators on a car after a that's advanced he hit a pothole and broke them. But that was something we did on YouTube, and it was actually quite fun to like take stuff apart and figure it out. The tire thing, though, while I've done that, it's a handful of times, in times where it's needed. I no longer desire to do that. Yeah, I know, but that's doesn't It doesn't matter if you don't want to do anything any longer if you know how to do it, Like you don't have to do certain things, but you have. You've earned the knowledge, and you are able to do them if you needed to. Right. But for instance, if you and your family were driving along, got Jackson in a car seat, you got your lovely wife in the passenger seat, and you get a flat tire, you might go, hey, I know how to do this. I've done it before. I went through that time. But I also have triple A. So I'm gonna call him right now. My family's gonna sit in the nice air conditioning, Jackson's gonna watch a show on the tablet. Nobody will even know that anything happened here. You earned that, right, That's what I'm saying. It's like a write a passage in some ways. All right, A couple of things. Jill emails the show tips at the news junkie dot com. Hey junkies, I'm an Arizona podcast listener. You guys get me through my Monday through Wednesday work week hates Thursdays and Fridays. Apparently, just no, that's the work week you got down of the three day work week. Who good for you. I can't believe that's how you took it. Like, oh gosh, they know like Thursday and Friday. It just said, you get me through my Monday through wedbsy work week. So I thought somebody else Fridays. I'm catching up on your show, and I just listened to Friday's episode. I have a porta potty story about a friend who lost her phone and wallet in one during a festival in northwest Indiana. She's a successful attorney owns a practice there in Indiana. As she stood outside the porta potty for a few minutes contemplating retrieving the phone or wallet, but then decided it wasn't worth it. She spent a few days after the concert canceling cards, getting a new phone in a new driver's license. Then, one day, shortly after, she received a phone call at her office. It was the porta potty company saying they found her phone and wallet and she could pick it up at her convenience. Apparently do that. I'd never heard this before. Apparently, after the porta potties are used. The company flushes it through some system that has a filtering system to retrieve non flushable items. She said they were so nice that she felt obligated to pick it up. They had it nicely packaged in a ziplock bag. After offering them a small reward for their effort, she took the back to her office and placed it in a dumpster. It was one of our greatest concert memories. Thanks for being so entertaining. A wiggle wiggle, pop Pop, says Jill. Thank you for the email. Jim. You know, we talked about the guy in the porta potty who said he was retrieving his mountain dew, which sounded absolutely ridiculous. Mm hmm. But of all the things that you think you might go back for, you know, Josh shut his dog, which makes sense if it was a living being. You know though, you would probably think think a little more towards the the option of going into the portabody, at least reaching down to night. The phone is hard, man, the phone. I know that you think that there's like it's not enough for me. I'm not getting in there getting a phone. Yeah, But like as somebody who was separated from my phone at a music festival where I was going to be for another couple of days. It was very isolating of a feeling, and like, he'll be okay, You're You're gonna be okay. You'll figure out how to get back home. You'll survive. But you'll never survive that, you know what I mean, reaching down and grabbing that, having that all over your hands. You can wash your hand one hundred thousand times. There are people who do this for a living, I know, and those people cannot shake hands with me. Just for the record, all right, people have shaken hands with you. Don't those people have shaken hands with you. No, these people are listeners. Today is a good day. This is a good day. The spider curse is being shipped off to the listeners. Today is a good day. All right. When we come back, we'll get into the body cam video. You will not stop sending me, so we will watch it just to make this stop and save my inbox a little bit. We'll get to another story that shocked me today. Some more of your emails about mailbox money and do we trust the food supply. That's all just in the first hour of a busy show today on a share the show Tuesday, and it's coming up next on the News Junkie. It makes no sense, Selin, How does it make sense that so many people want this spider curse magnet? When I told them it comes with a piece of the curse from the studio. That seems like you wouldn't want that. Maybe they don't believe you. I mean, I'm telling you, I'll take it. I don't believe in curses. Here's one of the few remaining right here, the spider curse as cool as how and I take it. And this is the exact spot on my broadcast desk where the spider was killed that started the curse. And I rubbed each of them on this. So when you have it in your possession, if you want to put it on your refrigerators to know whatever steals it, put it in your personal collection, that's fine. But the spider curse comes along with it. It's just how it goes. There's not a whole bunch of those left. I'll check on them in a bit over on thenewsjunki dot com. You will not stop sending me this bodycam footage that's gone explosively viral over the last four or five days. So I'm just going to play it, so everybody calms down, all right, I'm gonna play this and then we're gonna move along. This is this student at UCF University of Central Florida, identified as twenty seven year old Jarrett Vic, who was in an interaction with a police officer on the campus. I know this one and viral. The cop is like what the hell is going on here? And people will not stop emailing messaging direct messaging links these you guys talk, you guys got to talk about this, And I'm like, I don't know, it's just some weirdo, like do we really need to but they're demanding it. So this this happened last year, but it was just released and started to go viral on Friday. A police officer shows up to a campus and then this blue haired University of Central Florida student twenty seven years old, a student almost old as a court was when she was going to uc F. You know, vary is you're a very old student. They thought she was a teacher for a short period of time because she had been there for yeah, yeah they did. They were like, do you get the teacher's discount? You know, she's still young, but you know, older than some of the students there at one point in time. But here's the footage they want to stop sending to me. It's supposed to be if you don't lower your voice, that's a student going to put handcuffs on you and I'm going to take you to a bakery facility. Low your voice, ryot, are you threatening me? I like the triat triat? What is the threat delivery mechanism with the trias? Okay, okay, your bravery is about to evaporate? Are threading me? I'm here right now to deal with a stolen vehicle. I ain't got time to hear you screaming and yelling. I don't have time to constantly be abused. We'll get We'll get OPD downe here then, because I gotta I gotta work, bro, What do you mean? What do you mean OPD? You might have put this together. That's Orlando Police Department. Since they're in Central Florida at the you know, at the school Central Florida, University of Central Florida. What is the flex of getting OPD to deal with it? Like it's like, oh, I'm campus police. I'll leave the real police to you. Or the meaner police to you, or the cop who's on campus with this blue haired, blue haired weirdo is like protesting all of this. The cop that's on campus is there because somebody's vehicle was stolen. Somebody's vehicle was stolen, and that's what the cop is there for, which is like, okay, that's legit.
Speaker 2: Can we get another unit to deal with the jay lee here he is having a breakdown.
Speaker 1: Oh God, say that right road? Now, would you say? The cop pulled out the pepper spray. So this person said she because the cop said he, and I guess this like this Jared Vic is identifying as transgender or something, so that's what the screeching was about. And the cop goes, okay, now comes the pepper spray. Get down on the ground right now. No, no, buddy spray, no right now. You can't hide in the mail room. This is so funny. It seems like an absolute bit, Like if you did this on Reno nine one one, they might reject the episode and go nah, the blue haired haired kid, grown man twenty seven years old, the brew blue haired person, blue haired adult is going to be too over the top and people aren't going to believe that this person is legitimate. Don't think it's acting. You know, it's like you want it to be more real, even for Reno nine one one. And that's how over the top it is. I don't down.
Speaker 3: I will you know what?
Speaker 1: You get the pipers right out of my face alone?
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 5: You'll do.
Speaker 1: Somebody's gonna take the wig off? Is that a wig? I didn't even know. I just assumed it was like, you know, somebody in their twenties dying their hair. It looks like it could be a wig. Maybe it is. And somebody says, the blue hair dude is Cartman? A little bit of Cartman vibes? Yes, what in the hell? Hello? Do you want to get tasted? Can I weigh in? Because I would like this person to get tased if I if I have a vote, I'm I'm for tasing. Please. I think that that might be something here. Just keep in mind. And the cop is here for a stolen car, not to bother a bunch of immigrants or something. The cop is on campus for a stolen vehicle investigation. Come on, guys, please fix her. The cobins on campus for a stolen stolen vehicle investigation. It is kind of funny that you tried to hide in the mailroom. Guy, if you come down, that's towards want set up down And I got ye, Well, this is an adult. This person is twenty seven years old. What like, how how are you going to I saw one of the comments said, these are the people who are are trying to defend Palestine in the camp. Take the pressure of this. I don't know if there's any lineup with that here with this person, but if you can't, here's where I would put it. I would go this person. If you can't just take the sight of a police officer or somebody saying like key instead of when you want she, You're not going to be able to make it in the real world. It's brutal out there. You go, you gotta be a little tougher than that, every little one of you, every single one of you out there. I don't care what your background is, where you're from. You got to have a little bit of a backbone because all of us know, all of us people who just go through life, We know that there are difficult times and you cannot be this fragile. You have to be a little stiffer than this. This is a total meltdown. God, put the focus on me. This person's trying to calm down. The blue haired person, tell me where to go, top top, you're a top Wait, you can't be so brave as to take on the police and also like so shaky at the same time. Does it work for me? You either have to be alpha or not alpha. And I don't know why you're being alpha when somebody's just investigating a stolen car. That seems like it would be a fine thing to me. This person was never told no by their parents. That's probably the case. Yeah, they were told you're very special. You're very very special, and no one should ever refuse anything that you ask. He's going to be taken away. Oh no, funny. I just want to get away from him. He doing it? Does say, say he's putting gloves on? What is this for? What do the gloves do? Please? Right rooms. All the employees at the school, and that's what this was film the University of Central Florida. This twenty seven year old person. All of the employees of the school are like, oh God, oh boy, what what am I doing? It's causing a lot of distress. All you got to do is mind your own business.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna ask you very nicely, put your stuff down, turn around, put your hands behind your back.
Speaker 1: Well, what is the person? I guess. I guess not following the instructions of the police officer. I don't know. That's a good but that's a good point. But I think maybe maybe they would say interfering with an investigation, because the cop was there to try to investigate. But honestly, if I'm the guy with a missing car I saw this, I'd be like, all right, man, I'll get a new car. What was he arrested for? See if you can find this out the it's Jarrett j R. R. E T T. I got it. Put your stuff now, put your hands behind your back. No is this little goth star in twenty twenty six. You can, you can record all you want, but it's a very beyond that point. It doesn't matter. We we we we really try to help you.
Speaker 3: So no, it didn't.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can't bed with hostile attempt, but you came with hostile attempt. Yeah intent maybe right now, now he's on the run, john't hurt me. No, shut cop, the cop. The cop is now raising his voice though it's like a good girl. All right, So the arrest report says charge details disorderly conduct, Yeah, a second degree misdemeanor, Resisting officer without violence, first degree misdemeanor. And then I guess we're about to see the third degree felony of battery on a law enforcement Oh no, this this person actually hits the cop. Oh no, all right, this is resisting arrest. Resisting without even like a physical altercation, just like walking away or just like saying no. I think this was so preventable. Dude, still running. This is so over the top. YouTube dot com, slash the news junkie. If you want to see what's going on here, I'll put it up on see it now after? Is that it.
Speaker 7: All?
Speaker 1: I think they've got this person secured. But how there's so much more of this video? I mean, I don't want to watch the same thing over and over and over again. I think that's it. Yeah, they've arrested them, all right, So that, I guess is going megaviral. It has been clogging up my inbox, it says a newly released US police bodycam footage video show trans student Jarrett vic arrested after melting down. These people do not belong in society. This person says, this is just somebody reposting, and I guess this is a rumble user. So hence the charged language that they've got there. Anyhow, Okay, you can stop sending that to me, please, for the sake of God. All right, we've seen it. We've seen it. Thank you. So this was downtown at the Downtown campus. I thought it looked different than when I got outside. I was like, that doesn't look like campus campus. But this was yeah, down on Livingston. I was a sign of patrol the downtown campus. Vick was yelling and being belligerent with officer Dan Riley, causing a disruption in the main lobby. For those of you who don't know, the University of Central Florida is a very very very very very big college. Sea Lane went there, one of the biggest in the country. I think, yeah, yeah, yeah, Sea Lane is one of their most notable students. They he's like there, it's not like Kim Jong un style, but there are many paintings of him around the campus. And what I hear, that's what people have said, So he's famous around those parts. Shouts out to you over there UCF today, fellow, they are all right, thank you for that. I'm sorry that that happened on your campus. But maybe it's all resolved.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Here's a video dispatch on our on our rate, my blank real quick, sea Land, hang on hold that thought. Man kicking says Sean. I did an hour and a half drive to get to a strange place to take a video of magnets, and I even edit it. Okay, we'll see if Sea Land and I like this.
Speaker 4: You wanted weird spots were your magnets to be, and I got it for you. I was the largest prying fan in Brandon. If any of you are interested, we'd be leaving one of the magnets on the hand another magnet on the back side of prying fan.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic. Oh the swillies on that one. Yeah, okay, so this this particular user, who is it again?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: God, Man kick in put his magnet collection. I have to give that a bookmark. Selancy. We can remember this or later. Man kickin put is his magnet collection on the world's largest frying No, he said, Iowa's largest frying pan. I wonder somebody to make a bigger one. Iowa's largest frying pan, it says Brandon Iowa. That was fantastic. I'm going to star you as a user as well, and that's going up in our top entries for rate my blank this week, which is rate my Magnet. That's really that's a good one. Let's see if somebody could beat it. All right, quick break. When we come back, we have to get to a stunning piece of news that has just crossed my desk. Some of your emails and should we trust what's happening with food in our country? A really interesting twist on that is coming up next on the news Chunky, who has gifted subscriptions premium subscriptions over on the news junkie dot com to other users. If you've ever wanted to give it a shot, what I want you to do is make your way over to the Newsjunkie dot com and gobble up one of these subscriptions because there's a ton of them available right now.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: As far as the magnets, the Spider Curse magnets, there's only a handful. And I just got a text message from our friend Jack Bradshaw and he said, can you save one of those? Because there was only one hundred to begin with. Then Courtney took four for the archives. That's ninety six. Is he sure though?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Oh the curse? Because I know what he wants. I know what he wants it for too. Yeah, he wants it for a great cause. For majority first the silent auction Jack. Every year Jack takes these the news junkie magnets and does this beautiful collage and it makes a ton of money every year for this game of magnets entry for a charity event. And he wanted one of these as I'll give you the one in the studio. So that brings down to ninety five. And now I think a lot of them are gone. There's a couple left if you want to if you want to grab one, but do it at your own risk. I'm warning you ahead of time. I think that's an important thing. Real quick before we get into this. Uh, check your text messages. I just sent you thank you to the tipster on the texting service who has settled the wig or no wig debate from the last seconent's video for the bodycam footage from the college. Yes, okay, wig, wig was the answer? Then wig? Yeah? Yeah, hold on what happened there? Okay, yeah, it's a this is the individual without the wig on. You know, I think this person's having a rough go at it there. They need, they need a little break, a little relaxation. The first thing the guy said was Baker act might not have been the worst idea. Yeah, I mean that seems like it could be in the cards and maybe that's, you know, potentially a good idea for somebody in this situation. All right, I got to get into a couple of your emails. I wanted to share something with you very quickly before that. We should be having a guest joining us in the next hour in a little bit here, which would be interesting. But there is this woman. She has a GoFundMe. We'll see if Stilan could find the GoFundMe for this lady. Here's the story as I have it. I play this clip for you in a bit. A Louisiana woman suffered a catastrophic genital injury in Honduras. She had to be air evact back to the United States of America from Honduras, which cost her fifty thousand dollars. All right, now, I want to throw this out there for a bunch of reasons, But ladies, I have to know I did and realized that this was quite as big of a risk for you. Everybody knows you kick a guy in the genitals and there's that wave of pain and it's a tough time, and you know, things get tough. I've seen women fighting and trying to kick each other in the same way, but I always thought, well, it's not gonna do the level of damage that it would do to a man. But in this case. The woman's name is Kirsten Lindsay CELN kr st N Lindsay, and she was injured during a daytime excursion on day three of a carnival cruise. I hope it was an official sanctioned excursion. Lindsay when she tried to release herself from a rope swing, she fell on an apparent retrieval line that got stuck. Lindsay and her boyfriend say the injury began to swell, so it got her right in the crotch, and the injury began to swell. After trying to walk it off, she eventually needed a wheelchair. My god, according to her gofund me again. I'll play the video a second. The pain became so bad that Lindsay could barely move and her breathing would stop when she started falling asleep. My god. As the pain worsen, it was recommended she'd be evacuated at the United States, which costs her about fifty thousand dollars. She's had one surgery accorded her is gonna have a second one. I'm gonamute this because the person on the video curses. You could watch at YouTube dot com Slash the news junkie. Here's what happened to this lady. Remember she's on a carnival cruise line and she's on what are the excursions, and she's doing a zip line or like a rope thing. And when she does it, here she goes. She got the rope. It's not a rope zip line, like a long rope hanging off a zipline thing. She's going to go off the edge and when she does, she falls on like a guide line or a guideline, whatever you want to say. And it does indeed get her in the crotch. When she falls, she falls on a wire below her. She only falls a couple of feet. Really, she doesn't fall that far. It's sort of like a tight rope blind like a slack line that's below her. Yeah, but she she's putting her entire weight on it. Yeah, yeah, she's she falls directly on it. I did not know that a female could do that much damage that you would have to go to the hospital, that you would have to get She's had multiple surgeries, for God's sake. I mean, this is much worse than I ever thought it would be, and she really hurt herself. At first, people were kind of laughing because you just see this woman and she's about to have fun on a rope swing thing, and then very quickly you see, oh she doesn't make it. No, that's funny. She drops on her crotch. But I guess it was way worse. Did you find her gofund me seeling? Yeah, and it's weird. You said that it was fifty thousand dollars to airlift her back to Louisiana or to wherever she was having medical attention done. Uh huh. The go fundme is only the goal is only set to six grand. Okay, Then there went on, they're eighty four percent there. They've raised thirteen four and twenty five dollars helped bring Kristin home after a devastating cruise accident. So maybe she's not home. Maybe they got her to a to somewhere in the US. What was supposed to be Kristen's Kirsten excuse me, Kirsten's first cruise turned into the worst experience of our lives. Day three of our carnival cruise on the Punt the Brim, Kirsten was seriously injured during a rope swing excursion. Based on what we witnessed, a retrieval slash tagline appears to have been improperly connected to the swing. As she swung out, the line tight between her legs just before she dropped, causing catastrophic injury. At first, she thought it was only a scratch. She even walked back to our transportation trying to laugh through the pain. Within hours, the swelling became severe, pain unbearable. She needed a wheelchair just to get back to the cabin. I called nine to one one from the ship. She was rushed to the medical center. Doctors treated her for hours. Swelling continued to worsen until it reached roughly the size of a baseball. Okay, wow, first of all, a baseball. That's why somebody just chatted over a TJ chat. I think they said, what does she have a paper vagina, and this is pretty bad. I guess it doesn't look Somebody else said was in a metal wire below her that she fell on with her crops. I don't think so. It's kind of bouncy looking whatever. It's not metal, but no, it doesn't. No, it's right here, it's next to where it's next to her. It's next to her. Then it drops below her and then she falls on it and it's kind of bouncing around. You're right. That doesn't mean it's rubber, but it kind of bounces. It looked like it was already under her legs, which definitely should not have been. My god, that's rough. I'm gonna put this up on see it now. In fact, I'll get the screenshot of this now here we go, right, man, imagine this situation. The ship doctors gave us three options. One air evacuate to the United States to be taken to a hospital and Cosamel and figure out our own way home. Three remain in the ship's medical facility for the rest of the cruise. They chose air evacuation. We were then told we needed a twenty thousand dollars deposit, another thirty thousand upon arrival, and we only had a few hours to make that decision. I don't know that, I don't know. Just throw down that kind of money. Yeah, that's a lot of money. I mean, you've already spent money on the cruise, right, Yeah, you've already spent money on the cruise, and now you've got this going on. I'm putting this up right now. Whoops, I'm putting this up on see it now so you guys can see the visual here. If you're listening to the show today at your leisure, if you're a Secret Show subscriber, you can watch that whenever you want. Go get it over on thenewsjunkie dot com right now. But that is I know it's a tempting to just kind of laugh at that. That must have really really done some damage. That must have really actually hurt her, and ladies, you can weigh in on this if you'd like. I'd love to hear from you over at the Newsjunkie dot com real quick. They said it has happened. I didn't know things were this bad, but they said it's happened. South Florida has seen a rapid rise in the cost of living, and those of you down there know this, but Miami has just surpassed New York City, where the cost of living in Miami is more expensive than in the nation's capital, New York City or New York's capital. I guess I should say one of the same. New York City is now less expensive to live in than the metropolitan area of Miami. It's now second only the San Francisco, California in terms of the cost of living, which, of course the Bay Area has. The cost of living is through the roof because all the mega rich people who have inflated the economy over in the Bay Area, Silicon Valley and all that stuff. New York is third place, so they said. Miami Fort Lauderdale got a score of one hundred and fourteen point one five five, compared to one hundred and twelve for New York, New Jersey. Miami metro prices have climbed thirty six percent since twenty nineteen. Meanwhile, Miami home prices have soared s vind nine percent since the pandemic. It's more expensive to live in Miami than it is in New York City. If you're down there, let us know how you feel about that. INFO sent a dispatch at the Newsjunkie dot Com Right now in a moment, somebody said, this whole story is exactly why you should purchase travel insurance when you take a cruise. Evacuations would be reimbursed. Stealing buys travel insurance. I didn't really know about it much until Sea Lane started using it. Yeah, well, I mean I I used it. So I first learned about travel insurance when we all went to Jamaica together. Yeah. Right, And then because that was part of the deal with Sandals, was they included travel insurance with your uh, with your your with your purchase. And then the second time I went to Jamaica, I actually had to use it because I had to go to the doctor, had them to had to have them bring a doctor to me, you got sick or something. I got a really bad ear infection. I had to have them flush out my ear because I was in immense pain, and it wasted a couple of days of my Yeah, and it's this lady wasted her whole the whole rest of her vacation. Yeah, And so the travel insurance was great because yeah, I had to come out of pocket at the time. But then I just like set up the you know, I submitted to claim, and they emailed me a paper check that I printed out at your house and then took a picture on my phone and the money came back. Jesus, maybe that's a smart idea if you're going on a trip anytimes. So quick break when we come back. More your emails rolling in. We got a celebrity guest stopping by in just a bit, and much more on the way. It's all coming up next on the news junk key. Quick correction. People lighting me up, probably on the texting service about this, and that's fairy off. I deserve it. I was distracted. I apologize. The capital of New York is Albany. Yes, that is indeed correct. I am aware of that, Yes I do.
Speaker 6: I do know that.
Speaker 1: I'll file that away for Fritz on the street, just as a you know, make sure you don't screw that up twice kind of thing. Are we But yes, we know we are on in Albany. Yes, I know we have we have a Yes, we have affiliated Albany. I'm saying this directly to the folks in Albany. I apologize. I'm sorry. I was in the middle of a segment. I was dancing a little bit and I wasn't paying attention to what I was saying, which happens from time to time. The capital of the United States of America is Washington, DC. Capital of New York is Albany. Thank you, I'm the news jump. The capital of Canada is Oh, I forgot from last week Canada. You're so oh it's not Montreal, because that's what everybody's gonna think, right, It's so it's like Ottawa, yep, Ottawa, yeah, baby, all right. How about Australia. Uh no, we just did this one too, and I said Brisbane and that wasn't correct because it was is something that sounds like Carabas, Is that right? I think Canberry? Canberry? Okayank Cambeck, thank you, thank you very much, very much, noted, noted Canberra genius, thank you, thank you. Got God blessed. There we go. I have to tell you a lot of people are very wary of the foods that they're eating in the American food support. I don't blame you for it at all, but I want to shed some light on somebody who I think is a bit of a brave hero in this case, and that is the one the only Kelly Clarkson I did not know that I would be doing this today. But Kelly Clarkson has come forward and said she may possibly have cyclospora. And I've been talking about how I think way more people have cyclospora than is officially on the record. There's other than the one guy we played the interview with yesterday who just went to the local news and he's like, I have been just in pain. It has been bad. I haven't slept in seven days. It's been like a fountain friend. Other than that guy, people don't want to say this, but Kelly Clarkson's like, I very well could have cyclospora, and she's telling everybody that she might be the latest to be on the hook for this. Kelly forty four performed in Las Vegas on Saturday, where she shared the TMI update with fans. Now, it's not a TMI update, folks, you don't have to make this gross. It's not her fault that she might have cyclospora. It's the fault of our producers, of the crops that we eat. It's the fault of our food chain. It's the fault of you know, a million different things that you rely on just to be safe when you're eating food. It's not her fault. Yeah, somebody said, don't apologize your human exactly, Neil is, if you get cyclospora, it's not your fault. I hate that I have to be the person to tell you this. Maybe maybe they're apologizing for talking about it. You know, I don't think it, but like even that you don't have to. That's the that's part of the problem. It's made embarrassing because explosive diarrhea is one of the side effects of this thing. So if you come out and go, I think I have psyclospora, then that's automatically what people think. It's not her fault. It doesn't mean anything gross about her. Sometimes when you get a sickness, it says something about you. I remember one of the ones that was kind of a big deal when we were young. First it was lice, and if you had lice, it was equivalent to saying you live in filth and you're gross and you're disgusting. That wasn't really true because lice would just jump around, and then it was Aids. It was afterwards it was like, ee, you know, Aids was a really really rough one for a while until Magic Johnson kind of I would want to say made it cool, but like, you push through the barriers there, and you know the various other people who helped push that on. But for a while I was like, oh, but the one growing up that was always the toughest was pink eye. When you said you had pink eye, Oh boy, Yeah, everybody thought that meant that you did something gross, or something weird happened, or you're dirty. Just how it goes, I guess. So there we are, and Kelly Clarkson, she's the brave one. She's the celebrity who's brave enough to come out and admit that she maybe has cyclosporo. Right now, we've got the government confused as to where this is all coming from, and we'll work that in momentarily on the show, because I want to tell you more about what's happening in some of the freak outs that are occurring. But Anonymous emails with some good news. Anonymous says, I got mailbox money. Hi, junkies, I know you talk about mailbox money from time to time. If you're new to the show, let me just tell you I don't want people to feel left out when we talk about mailbox money. That means usually class action or other things that will bring up where you could possibly get your hands on money from some settlements. And what we do is we talk about them. So you fill out the website and paperwork whatever you have to do, and then we all forget about it, and then we get mailbox money six months, eight months, a year later. Sometimes people have gotten a lot. And this person says, how do you talk about mailbox money from time to time? I can't remember if this is a case involving financial aid at some of the nation's top colleges, or if it was an opportunity that you discussed. I think you did. Anyways, I put in my claim because I attended Duke as an undergraduate student. I just got my mailbox money settlement for two thousand.
Speaker 3: Nine hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Bad. That ain't bad for some mailbox money. That's that's stuffed up full of mailbox money. Ryan emails the show. He says, big whoops. A county executive accidentally signed a bill he meant to veto on term limit. Wait, so a politician was supposed to veto a bill and they accidentally signed it instead. He said, I haven't listened for today's show. I'm not sure if you talked about this. What a mistake and the story, says Ryan McMahon, See and see if we could find this Ryan McMahon mcma h O N is the spelling. Oops. County executive Ryan McMahon signs term limit law. He meant to veto. Now what do we do? Can you just take sea backsee that? I don't know if that's possible. I don't know if you can say, well, I didn't mean to sign that. I was signing it as a veto. Maybe you're supposed to write vitael, but to see if you can confirm that this is actually true. Thank you for the email, Ryan says. It's been all over the news, even nationally. The Onondaga County Executive Ryan McMahon intended to veto a bill but accidentally signed it instead. Attorney Robert Durr reportedly believes that most judges would take McMahon's side on the matter. I'm no lawyer, but I do know the importance of a person's signature. Oh, this is a question to the editor kind of thing. Ah, it's Syracuse dot com. But it did happen. So yeah, accidentally hind a bill making it law when he was trying to veto it instead, and now they got to sort out what's going on. Uh, let's get to a couple of dispatches. This is Swilly sending a dispatch with the rate my blank for this week, which is rate my Magnets, says, Game of Magnets on the lowest difficulty along. But Sean, you wanted to see a weird place for a magnet? All right, he's walking around his house with crushes here, All right, okay, come and get it there. That's pretty that's pretty good. He's got a magnet on his there.
Speaker 3: Like you could.
Speaker 1: You're not getting chased down if you steal that magnet. You could swoop around him and grab this off his cast. It's all he's on crutches, for god's sake. This would be an easy one here. Thank you, Swelly, appreciate you sending that over. Here's another one x Swimmer has sent in their Game of Magnet submission. Oh my, okay, all right, you can see this if you like them, it'll give us an indication that you that you want that one to win. You can see them all over on the website at the news Junkie dot com. In the dispatches, segment. This one says X stripper. I guess that's related to the post. Thank you for that, Thank you for the dispatch and your entry into the rate my blank right now. Appreciate that. I really like the frying pam one man. That one kills it for me. But we think maybe we've got enough time here with the rest of the week that somebody can outdo that. Here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna take a very quick break right now. When we come back. We've got a guest that's gonna be joining us here, a celebrity popping in. We'll see what's happening in their world and chit chat with them, and we'll roll on with the very busy show and to share the show Tuesday. It's all coming up next on the news junkie. Oh, this is gonna be fun. We don't get the pleasure all the time, but we do today. I guess to welcome a big star to the show. Let's make sure he's with us and can hear us? All right? Bill Bellamy?
Speaker 3: Are you there?
Speaker 1: My friend? Yes, sir? What's going on here? A Bill Bellamy? If you're anywhere near my age, you one hundred percent know who this guy is. I don't really have to introduce them all that much. But Bill, Melanie, I feel like you've lived like a hundred lives in one man. You've done so much stuff over the years. Like there's so many different things that we could talk about. But you know, obviously you're on a big stand up tour now, and that's where you put a lot of your focus in a craft that I think is so much harder than so many other things that you've tackled in your life. Stand Up comedy is a very very hard thing to do. But you know, many people know you from MTV, they know you from Deaf Comedy Jam and from all of that stuff I know you from. I'm telling you the most underrated sequel of all time, Kindergarten Cop two doesn't get the love, Oh my god, it doesn't get that.
Speaker 6: It doesn't get the love that it deserves. You're right, it is a solid little movie, man. And that's the thing about doing film or TV shows. You don't know what's gonna work. You don't know if the people gonna like it, love it, they're gonna rotten tomato with you know, So you.
Speaker 1: Get told at some point in time your agent, I guess hits you up and they're like, Bill Belleny, here's the deal man. Things are popping off for you. We got a movie Kindergarten Cop too. This is gonna happen. Do you are you thinking day one on the movie set for that sequel, like, Oh, it's gonna be Arnold Swartzenegger and me and we're gonna be hanging out or did you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm thinking it's gonna be Arnold. When I get up there, it's Dolph. I'll say what Dolph under Dolph lundering. But the thing about it was the whole time I'm doing a film with Dolph, I'm going, man, that's Ivan Drago.
Speaker 1: I was with I must break you, I must break you.
Speaker 6: Like I just kept thinking, oh my god, I'm in the movie with Rocky's Nembhasis.
Speaker 1: I could not get it out of my head to save my life.
Speaker 6: I was like, this is crazy, just to me from where I started in the business, not ever knowing I could be in movies or being an actor and all that into doing you know that movie with Dolf, who was already in film when I was like, you know, in high school, yeah, going to college. He was already in movies, right, it goes to show you how your journey can you know, cross in weird ways, you know, like all the celebrities that I met that I used to go see in concert and be like such fans, and next.
Speaker 1: Thing you know, I'm on an MTV interview in these people, I'm like, this is crazy.
Speaker 6: And even like the most recently when the Michael movie came out, you know, I had really you know, I knew it was pivotal and it was important when I interviewed Michael Jackson, I just didn't know how short of.
Speaker 1: A list that was. Yeah, yeah, it's true. Not a lot of people. Not a lot of people got that close when you were younger, you know, talk about flashing back to being a kid, a young Bill Bellaman. What what was your goal? Like, did you have in mind all these things that you wanted to do and that you have accomplished in your career already, or did you have like a different goal that you wanted to do when you were a teenager? Well?
Speaker 6: It changed, you know, it changed. I remember at first, like as being a kid, I wanted to be a lawyer. I wanted to you know, be in the courtroom and you know, negotiate you know, people's lives. I guess you know, I wanted to be you know that kind of guy, you know, writing for justice for the underserved kind of guy. Then I was like, oh, that's law school another two three four year I'm like, I don't know if I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had to play a lawyer? Yes? Right way matter, I was full.
Speaker 6: Circle everything that I imagined that I would do. I played like I always wanted to be in the NFL. Wanted to be, you know, a wide receiver, but I was so skinny and so little my parents wouldn't sign a paperwork. Yeah, so I ended up doing any given Sunday, I'm like, ho, movie that is crazzy.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: So I played football. I've played a detective. I've played an attorney. I've played a player like, you know, a womanizer guy. I've played the bad guy, you know. I've done like every kind of role you know, and the good cop, bad cop, you know what I'm saying. So for me, I think the imagination for me was my key because I always imagine doing stuff.
Speaker 1: I just didn't here to know how. I didn't have to know.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I never went to acting class, how I'm going to be an actor? Like I was, just like, I'm going to be in movies.
Speaker 1: That's what I said. I'm gonna be in movies. I'll figure it out. Yeah, and you did. I mean you already have you already done so much? You've been so many great movies and stuff that you're mentioning, honey, given Sunday was such a good movie. My god, real quick, before we get too far away from it, we really quickly mentioned the Michael Jackson interview. We this came up randomly on our show last week about how there were very few people who heard Michael Jackson talk just normally. Did you at any time when the cameras weren't rolling, did he ever kind of break off that that Hi Michael Jackson voice things that he did? Yeah, did you actually hear his normal voice. I'm gonna tell you a funny story.
Speaker 6: So the whole time that when I'm interviewing Michael Jackson, I think we are at Sony Studios, right, and he came in with like twelve to fifteen people like Loveless's managers, security dudes, you know, clearing the bathrooms and making sure nobody could be in the hallway. You can't look at Michael Jackson. Like the first couple of times, I had to just close my eyes and I thought he was an angel. I was like, maybe I can't if I look at him my eyes and start burning, you know.
Speaker 1: But it was so bunny.
Speaker 6: He had to go to the restroom and his voice chained for a second. He was like, yo, I gotta use the restroom. So happy right back, I was like, I heard that.
Speaker 1: I heard that a little basic. I gotta go peep. You've got so many stories that just I mean, they're like, you're You're the perfect interview guest in so many ways, because you do have so many interactions with people over the time, and a lot of them come from your time at MTV. When you look at MTV now in twenty twenty six, what runs through your mind compared to when you were there. You know, I'm a little sad, to be honest with you.
Speaker 6: I was just having this conversation on another interview about how lucky we were. I ran into Matt Penfield last week, and Matt, to me, was like my guru. He was he was the first person I knew that was like Google. He knew every artist, what studio, producer, record label like he was. He was a music historian to me, and we were just talking about how lucky we were to be at that part of music, like the explosion of all.
Speaker 1: These new genres from grunge.
Speaker 6: To acoustic, to R and B to pop to to hip hop, like everything was coming full throttle.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of new kind of artists.
Speaker 6: I mean, we went from Atlantis Marsset to Britney Spears, and we had Blind Melon and we had you know, Coolio.
Speaker 1: Like it was so dug verse and I don't know if there'll ever be another era like that.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm on stage with Red Hot, Chili Peppers, Aerosmith, you know, I'm interviewing Cobain, we got lymp Biscuit. Just think about all these bands. It was just like badass bands coming out back then, and now it's like, how do we get our music? How do we know what's the new hot music video?
Speaker 1: We don't. How do you do you buy music? Dude? Do people go to Tower Records anymore?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Dude? Yeah, Like remember we used to go.
Speaker 6: Buy the music and listen on the heads and there was a guy in the music store that would tell you well if you come back Thursday, the new.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blahs coming. Yeah, like we had the best time. We had the Virgin megastore that would have the listening stations. Oh he froze up. Oh no, oh no, the listening stations. That's the fun. That's a fun. Still the Freeze, Bill, do we lose Yeah, we we might have lost you. We'll have to get him back on the hood. Got really excited, just bros. And the greatest freeze you could ever imagine. Right now, we'll have to see if we can connect back with him though. He If you don't know Bill Bellman, which is going to be so few of you, there is a guy who was on MTV in the peak of MTV, rode out of that and did some of the craziest roles and movies and TV shows that anybody could ever imagine. And you hear him just rattling through things that are jaw dropping, like interviewing Kurt Cobain, interviewing the guys from Red Hot Chili Peppers, interviewing Michael Jackson until the spider Curse hit him. You know, that's that's that's how it goes. We lost him, We lost it. He might hopefully trying to n Yeah, I imagine he'll connect back. I had to show him because Courtney sent me this yesterday. Sea Lane Costco just launched a retro boombox and it says compatibility that covers every area, and it's like old fashioned boom box, like you would set down on the steps and have the speakers bumping and stuff. You could put a CD in there, you could put a cassette tape in there. It does all of the stuff that your old boombox hit. And kids are buying that like they bought vinyl record players.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Holy cow, we've gone like in such a strange direction with some of this stuff, but that's where we are. The retro stuff is kind of coming back, I think, yeah. I mean we talked about cassette tapes last week, and that's kind of coming back. I don't have him yet. Now. I wonder if he's still thinking he's talking to us and we're just not reacting to his story at all. It's like, why what the hell out by now? He's like, I was done talking one of these the longest, best story ever, and that's why he's Jack, Kurt Cobain and Amanda Bynes. We're all around and you're like, ah, and we have a three grammar on the on the table just right in the center. We could be missing the moment from the original telling of the aristocrats who there's only one way to find out. Well, ye, we'll see if he he connects back. You must have had some kind of internet dropout or something over there on on his side. Thank you everybody. He's so far and to share the show Tuesday. Who has donated secret shows that I'll try to rattle through these at the end. There is an absolutely insane amount available. If you've ever wanted to be a premium subscriber over on the news junky dot com. Now is a fantastic time to do it, and you can just go over there if you create a free account. It takes a second or two and you hit claim once you get on there. Oh, I think we might have him back. We do, we do, he's back. Hang on you there, Bill, hang on, I think you're muted. He's muted. He's coming back. All right, Bill, if you can hear as you're muted still. Yeah. Yeah. We thought we were like, damn it. We thought it was going good. But maybe he no, no, No, we were going great. Where were we? I was just saying, we're talking about MTV past President future. I said. The crazy thing is hearing you sit there and rattle off things like they're totally normal that so few people got to do. Michael Jackson interviewed Kurt Cobain interview like crazy crazy to me, But oh crazy, bro, I can't believe it either. Sometimes I'm like, what, Yeah, you're one the lottery in so many different ways, you know, but you don't get to that without like the charisma and talent that it takes to be able to pull this stuff off. But how do you think, you know, how what do you think was one of the things that allowed you to be so successful at all these different levels? Is there anything like is it just like you have a very open personality or an extrovert with anything like that helpful?
Speaker 6: I think I think honestly authenticity, you know, my personality is who I am. You know, people could tell like I was excited about the music, you know what I'm saying, like nothing about it was fabricated. So imagine being, you know, on the biggest network for music in the country at the time, like it was biggest TikTok biggest you know Instagram, right, and so you got this young black guy who is introducing you to the world of music.
Speaker 1: Like that's literally what I was doing.
Speaker 6: I was introducing people to what's the new hot thing, What's what's you know, we were doing the movie thing. We were talking about the best summer blockbusters every year. We were talking about the best big band that just broke. I mean, I remember when when when uh Glenn Stefani was brand freaking new, even knew who the hell she was.
Speaker 1: I remember doing a show with them.
Speaker 6: They were they were they were a college band, bro no doubt, right, yeah, yeah, no doubt, no doubt, was a college band. I did a show with them down in Orange County, like I was. You know, this is when I was first starting out. When you do a couple of colleges and d and you do the show in the lunch room, you do okay, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You do it in a small auditorium, and they were the band that was performing.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, oh, can you believe that was y'all? She was like, oh my god, oh my god, we just got lucky. And so when you think about why people.
Speaker 6: You know, I feel that like Bill Bellamy because I felt like people felt like I was their friend, Like yeah, like yeah, people be like you'll do Bill Belie man, you're my guy, or you know, I remember, you know, girls will say, oh my god, if I dated a black guy, it'd be you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't I don't ever know if we should if we should trust. I don't know if we should never trust the chat that watches the show live, everybody on YouTube and Twitch, they're big fans of you, obviously, and I trust them on that. But there's one of the most common comments that I'm seeing is ask him if it's actually true that his cousin is Shaquille O'Neal. Is that true? Yes, yes, sir, okay, yes, was that?
Speaker 6: And it's so funny because I mean, in Orlando this weekend he sold that big ass house.
Speaker 1: He finally sold it. That thing on the market forever that.
Speaker 6: They was on the market forever. I never forget the first time I went to visit him there. I never seen a front door that big. It was like thirty feet tall.
Speaker 1: It was like the door for like the Jolly Green Giant. I was like, damn, did you ever work on anything with him. Did you guys ever do anything that we did?
Speaker 6: We did a couple of commercial campaigns. We did Rebok together, we did Pepsi together. We actually I think we did AT.
Speaker 1: And T as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we did a couple of This is when he was on the Orlando Magic obviously he was doing really really well with that and I was on MTV at the time. So it was just a great synergy because the NBA, the NBA and MTV used to do these collabs with the players cross you know, it was a cross you know, promotional thing, sure, and so I got a chance to Obviously everybody knew we were family, so they you know, they leaned into the situation.
Speaker 1: It's like big and small, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, Yeah. What one thing I always think about with somebody's as famous as as you are for as long a period of time is how much stuff has changed. And I wonder like, was it better in those early days def comedy jam, MTV, the movies you were you starting to kick up? Was it better before all this social media stuff? Because now there's like so much feedback, Like feedback could be good for somebody who's trying to create stuff. Feedback could be bad and just like weigh you down and stuff. But back then you used to go, you would do your thing. People would be a great job. Love the movie, you love this, You see a couple of reviews or whatever. Now with social media, you just see like NonStop, everybody's a reviewer, everybody's a critic. It was it better back then.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm gonna I'm gonna tell you why. I'm gonna tell you why. And this is something that I noticed over the last twenty years. You had to be a star to be famous when I started, when I was coming up, the guys that were ahead of me that you know, were real stars. To be a famous star, you had to have talent. You had to have rhythm, or you had to have this like thing and everybody's like, oh my god. And you were not available to the public like that, Like if you saw Prince, you lost your god.
Speaker 5: Damn Prince was at Dairy Queen, you know, or Michael Jackson, or you saw Madonna and Tomes Square walk in the street, you.
Speaker 1: Would lose your rock your world there.
Speaker 6: Now with social media, people are so common like you got to protect your privacy.
Speaker 1: You have to be you have to be available, but not too much.
Speaker 6: You gotta be like you got to kind of find a sweet spot because if you're too accessible, you're common.
Speaker 1: And then there's no you know, there's no lure to you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why I don't go to everything, and like I try to handpick what I think is the best place for a guy like Bill Bellamy to be, you know what I mean. Like I don't stream, like I'm not sitting here every day, you know, oh, instead of living my life just sitting there streaming just trying to get attention and me, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Some of that stuff to me super thirsty, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: So that is, you know what I mean, Like I don't want it that bad, Like I want I want to be famous for being talented and famous for doing good things and entertaining people.
Speaker 6: I don't want to be just in the bathroom, you know, or oh my god, gosh, I'm having fun with the bumblebees.
Speaker 1: It's so it's so silly, I'm saying, it's so silly.
Speaker 6: So that's to me, we had the best time because you could make a mistake, you could party hard and fame and you wouldn't be all over TMG.
Speaker 1: You could, uh you could. You know, you can get a car accident and drive home back in the day, not right, the good old days, good old days. You can make a mistake something specific show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was a long night.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well right now, Bill Bellamy is on his tour and there's several cities where the show is air. Are gonna feature some of your performances, including Orlando, where you're gonna be at the Funny Bone, which is just a great ven nights.
Speaker 6: It's a great venu. I'm just doing two nights this weekend. It's one of my favorite actually. So I do Orlando, I do Tampa, and I do Miami and Jacksonville. Those are like the four you know staple places in Florida. That comedy it's just you know, humongous. And then after that I go to Atlanta, then I go to Chicago, and I do Detroit. Like I got a lot of great cities before it gets cold, which I think, you know it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Said, do you not want to d d Detroit in decimple? No blieve? Yeah, he's Orlando. July twenty fourth, July twenty fifth, Go see Bill Bellamy, You're gonna have a good time. You're gonna hear some amazing stories. We also have friends out in Tampa, Tampa. If you're listening over in Tampa September eleventh, is not only a Sea Lane who's here on the show his birthday, Oh wow, I ever forget and not eleven, but also you can see Bill Bellamy at the Funny Bone over in Tampa on September eleventh. Go get the tickets right now. Bill Bellamy dot com. It's b I L L B E L L A M Y, but you knew that already. Go to the website. Bill. It's been a pleasure talking to you. Thanks for hanging out with man. Thank you guys. Man. Make sure you get some of that nostalgia nineties music popping on that show any more. We got tropical storm Bertha out there. I know we got to get to the hot sheet in just a moment here, but let's just see, are we in line? Is Bertha gonna hit us? What's happening here with this tropical storm? I know they said, even though it's not really very strong at the moment, it still looks like it's gonna have some impact on probably our friends in Texas, Houston in particular, and our new friends in New Orleans. We added some stations in Louisiana, including New Orleans and Baton Rouge last week, and they are certainly in the sites here maybe on Thursday or so. This is still just kind of a mess off the west coast of Florida, but it's officially a tropical storm now. It's got winds over fifty miles per hour. It's cruising along the Panhandle. Then around Wednesday, Thursday, it'll be in New Orleans Territory, early Friday, Houston Territory right there on the east coast of Texas, and then on from there. So it looks like this is going to have mostly a rain and stormy impact, much more so than like a hurricane danger type situation that you might face with a hurricane danger hurricane. I hope I don't have to face down that one. I hope I don't have to face down that one at all. All right, let's get into it here we go. Let's do the hot sheets, but not like real important news. Best Investigator's partying on the planet. Both top stories from the people on your screens and speakers are on a hotsheet with Sea Lane. That's right, it's the top five stories and the nonsense news brought to you by that mortgage guy Don And you're not. I don't even know that you were a huge Yellowstone fan, were you? Were you big into that franchise? You know, I kind of did like it for a little while there, but then sometimes we just stop watching stuff. I don't know if that means Courtney doesn't like him, we're going to keep watching. Well, there's first couple of seasons were good. There certainly was plenty of the actual show. And then there's like two or three spinoffs. Yeah, and one of them that has some people's attention right now is this Dutton Ranch. Dutton Ranch is one of the Yellowstone spinoffs, and then of course has the very talented Ed Harris in it. But he's saying now, he's revealed that he asked his team to get me the f out of here while shooting the first season because he felt he was like under utilized, Like he's really like he signed on to this Dutton thing. He might have even been a fan of the original series, but it said Ed Harris was not happy about his role in Yellowstone spinoff Dutton Ranch, the Oscar nominated star who was locked in for two seasons on the show, said he felt misled about his character's involvement and signed on believing he'd be one of the main characters, and when it wasn't the case, he was a little frustrated. Prior to signing on for it, I was talked to quite a bit about what the season was and what my character was going to do, and that I was one of the four main characters, and it wasn't really the case. I'm feeling underused and inconsequential, just a little frustrated, to tell the truth, says Ed Harris. Of course, not the only cowboy role he's played. He was huge in that first couple of seasons of Westworld. He just kind of looks like a cowboy, doesn't he He does. He's got a face. Well, he doesn't have a stash in this picture. The name again, Ed Harris, Ed Harris, Oh, oh, he's the guy from Westworld, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was the dude that was just killing everybody. He was like the man in Black. I think the mystery Man in Black. That's right. I loved that first season in West World. Some of the Argentinian fans, fans of the Argentina team that of course fell to Spain in the World Cup final, they are blaming Rihanna. They said, they're they're mad at Rihanna. They say Rihanna has cursed their team after it lost to Spain in the twenty twenty six FIFA Men's World Cup. Why there's some of these people are really superstitious. I think the president or prime minister or whatever, the leader of Argentina wasn't even there because he's so superstitious that he likes to watch the game at home. He thinks if he if he, you know, differs from that at all, he might screw up the thing. But they're they're saying, no, that would have been him. It would have been Rihanna. The thirty eight year old pop superstar turned billionaire beauty mogul was seen doing the macharena in her seat and a clip that circulated on social media, accompanied by her partner Asap Rocky, who was among the many celebrity guests watching the final at this has MetLife Stadium, which was inaccurate. It was the New Jersey, New York Stadium. We all know that it had a different name. The MetLife didn't pony up the money. Both times Rihanna has been in the stands during an Argentina final, the team has been defeated one nothing by their challenger. The hitmaker attended the twenty fourteen World Cup between Argentina and Germany and Rio de Janeiro, where she was spotted cheering on the German national team celebrated on the field with the players breaking the rules by holding the World Cup trophy on the pitch. And we mentioned yesterday about how one of the American commentators said Matt Damon was Brad Pitt. Yeah, they like confused the two of them before too on accident though Yeah, Well the one of the soccer commentators, this time for the BBC guy Mowbray, received a little backlash after mixing up not only mixing up Pharrell Williams and Asap Rocky during live coverage of the match, but as the camera was fixed on Farrell Williams, the English commentator said, I think that's AKA Rocky before God, so he said the name wrong an had the wrong person, before quickly correcting himself and saying or ASAP Rocky Sorry, I think onto concertgoers because I think we need to have a little come to Jesus with some of the people that go to concerts. We famously had the Noah Kahan story where he had to ask his fans not to poop their pants. Remember that close one of the most disgusting things of the year. It has stuck with me. Yes. Well, now Morgan Wallen concertgoers are under fire because somebody said they were at Saturday night's concert at the M and T Bank Stadium. The Troy grevelding he was with his wife, brother and eight year old niece watching the Morgan Wallen show when a man directly behind them began urinating, splashing Troy, his family and another nearby group. Yes, the guy's just drunk at the Morgan Wallen concert and he just took it out and started going, I've got video of this. Actually, yeah, I'll save it. I look at a pick a side on this. Actually in the next segment, I have video. Can't believe I ruined to pick a side. No, I didn't even know this was kind of coming up today, But I have video of these people who after they called the cops because somebody peede on them. Well, and it gets worse, Troy said, he and his wife could feel the stream run down their legs, and when he turned around, he says, the guy still had his junk out. However, security booted the man, but the first Maryland State Police trooper to respond said cops couldn't arrest him because the trooper hadn't witnessed the alleged incident, Like you would you have to go around and gather evidence if I pee on you? And then the cops show up and I'm like, see la impede all over me? You see how my leg is wet, And the cops like, I didn't see sea lan p on you, So you you don't go to jail. It sounds like that's what would happen. That's a loophole. He did get. It's not the loophole. That's not the loophole you think it is. It's not great, it, says the Maryland Transportation Authority. Police later tracked down the guy and detain the man outside the stadium and he's he says, the venue said they were going to make it right, but no word back there. Waiting to figure out what exactly that means make it right. But still, you know, guys, get it to go on the way to make it right, is you get you can got a ping on that person right with the venue just holds him down and says, sir, sit down here. To make it worse, I want you to lay down and open your mouth. That's the only way to make this as equal as possible. One of the things that I don't think we really mentioned yesterday, but the Tate brothers are in jail right now. The Tate brothers have been arrested and TMZ, I think got a hold of what they've been eating. Is that happened the worse guys? Yeah, And it says Andrew and Tristan Tatar used to a life of luxury, you know, eating like lobster and steak everywhere and stuff, And so they got a hold of what the menu is at this FCI Miami that they're currently being held at, and it says Sunday, the Tate brothers were treated to a breakfast of boiled eggs and peanut butter lunch. Lunch was scrambled eggs, oven brown potatoes, biscuits, jelly, creamy gravy, and more peanut butter. There's a lot of peanut butter going. Yeah. And then dinner they had a choice between meat loaf of black bean berger green beans, bad potatoes, and brown gravy. No peanut butter for dinner, and not until the next day where they had even more peanut butter. But there their legal troubles are probably a little bit more serious than worrying about what they have to eat. FCI Miami and last, but not least, congratulations to this song are Idea, Oh.
Speaker 3: No Party Rock an No.
Speaker 1: SI has once again made YouTube history. On July seventeenth, the legendary music video for the twenty twelve smash hit Gognham Style Gangnam Style surpassed six billion views on YouTube. It took just over fourteen years to hit that mark. It was the very first I believe music video to ever reach one billion views on YouTube. So congratulations to SI for people still listening to that song. Hey, that mortgage guy down wants to help you if you are trying to get yourself out of that renting situation and into your first home, maybe into your dream home. If you have a quote for a mortgage and you haven't shopped around, you might be doing yourself a disservice and wasting money leaving that money on the table. Don wants you to take it off the table. He wants to help you. So go to that mortgage guy down, take a picture of your quote, upload it. You can do it with your phone. It's that easy. Reach out to Don. He is going to help you at that mortgage guy don dot com.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: See like quick break, we're on a little bit behind. When we come back, we have a pick. Aside from that exact story that Celin was talking about, you do not want to miss this that's coming up next on the news Junkie. I got him fired up a little bit. I was interested in this story because I saw it bouncing around out there, celiing because there was a guy who just got arrested. Bring up this score story if you don't mind while I'm yapping. There's a guy who just got arrested. Sorry for the search you're going to have to do here, Ceiling, But he had child sex material on his computer, I believe, but I think they said that all of it was AI generated, like none of it was real. But it didn't matter. The guy still got arrested and most people don't care. Most people when when you ask about this, most people in chat were like, don't care if it was real or fake, it's still gross. Jail him. Somebody said that it's like a hunter shooting a deer decoy during off season. Do you want this person to be arrested or no, because it's a decoy, like a fair enough comparison hunter shooting a child decoy it Yeah, yeah, I mean either way, you're it's not an actual person, but it doesn't matter. People don't really care about the nuance there. It seems most people are like, Nope, it's so disgusting what you're doing that even if it's faked, it's still a massive symptom. That's what you mean by people don't care. I thought you were saying people largely don't care that it's happening because it's not an actual person, And I was like, I didn't think that was the case. No, this is completely AI generated. If you maybe I'm wrong on the details. That's why I wanted to bring it up. I was just seen the story about this this this one. This one's a little worse, I think. Okay, is this the one from from today? This was published a couple days ago. Okay, it was late last week and it says last week Broward County. Are you thinking of it in Florida, Yes, I believe so. Broward Sheriff's Office arrested a Parkland man accused of using images of children he personally knew and using the Grock AI platform to create the material. Yeah. I think Twitter slash groc might have gone after the guy because they've been doing that a little bit. So he used photographs of real kids that he knew, but then the AI is what made them the really vile, disgusting content. And even though they weren't real, it didn't It doesn't matter. This guy's still going to prison for this. I guess what you mean. What was he charged with? I'm trying to look through this for the record, I don't feel sorry for him. It's disgusting and you know, there's a million different things that you could say about this. No, but there's a there's an argument to be made that no, nobody was physically victim. I think it's so much worse when it's a real person and there are laws in place, I think in Florida, child or no child. You know, even if you're doing this to an actual adult, that would put you in some serious legal trouble for generating generating an AI image of them. That's pornographic in nature. How far does that go though? That's what I wonder about. So let's say I take a photograph of Selane and I use AI technology to make it so se Lane is nude in this photograph, and then I posted it. Please be nice to me if I'm being generous and I posted online and people are like, wow, look at Seelane. Go but I have posted these photos without your permission of you online even though they're not real, they're AI generated. Is that revenge porn in that case? I don't know if it's revenge porn, but I know that that there's a new law against it. Because that's the most interesting part about this is you're not actually the content is not real. It's not real that you're using, but you could still get in trouble for it as if it is real. And I wonder how far that goes. If I take somebody that I know and take a photograph, use AI and make that person naked and then put that online. If I did that was a real photograph of them, I would go to jail. I would be in trouble for revenge porn, and I would spend time behind bars. But if I did that with technology and it wasn't real, would I still be in trouble? Abraham says, people think it's real. Therein lies the problem, right, like this world where we can't differentiate, And then maybe that would be an excuse of yours. If it wasn't illegal to have the AI version, people would be like, oh, I didn't know, you know, Oh I thought this was you know, I thought this was AI and that that it was acceptable. I think if you have that exception, you maybe open the door causing a lot of problems with it. According to the arrest report, investigators to the images all seem to be derived from a single image to picking an approximately five year old female laying on a bed. Each reported file is an alteration of this image to create new images depicting child sex abuse material. That Florida recently enacted a law addressing AI generated child sexual abuse material. Yeah, again, this is only talking about the the child abuse material, but I think they had had a law for adults too. Mama Greaser says, is is it imitating a real person? Yeah? In this case, Heelan is saying like it was derived from an actual photograph and then they utilized that photograph to do the you know, disgusting work of removing the clothes and et cetera, et cetera. It's not saying what the actual charge was, but yeah, maybe maybe it's something else because it's not real. It's kind of, you know, sort of interesting. No, they did say, like one of the people interviewed in this story said, like, I think the law makes it to be the same whether whether it's a real child or an AI generated image of a real child or any created child, it's still the same penalties under law, according to this uh person that the Shiller schiller. So he says, let's see what the children's parents think. Yeah, Bootsy, I mean that's there's definitely a spin on this. The kids parents are gonna be like, throw them behind the prison and underneath it. The only thing that I question about this at all is, let's say I draw something that's illegal. It's totally illegal if you had a real version of this, but I draw it over here, draw like a stick figure with a very small wing, and then like just right sea lane and point and an arrow and yes, yeah, and then and just from from just creating something like that, is that under the same umbrella. I think it would because uh, you know, it's it's targeting artificial intelligence, and at times your intelligence is very artificial. So I would say general yours, Yeah, yours, but uh no, I mean I think, uh, dick, a stick figure, a drawing, I mean, how good is drawing? What if you do a painting, you know, like like you know in parks and rec when these questions when they do that painting and then the painting, as it turns out, the cherub that's naked looks like a Leslie Nope, yeah, And without realizing it, they have this now Leslie Nope, naked cherub painting that she really likes. But everybody's trying to tell say that it's pornographic. The biggest problem that you face here is, let's just be real about this. Everybody in the United States of America cares about our freedoms and our rights and the constitution in the justice system, except for when it's about pedophiles. No one cares. No one wants to be the person that raises their hand and goes, well, hang on, just the moment. These photographs aren't even real, they're artificial intelligence. No one wants to do that, me included. So because of that you just go. And then the reason why I think they're doing it, which is what my point was earlier, is if you open this up and say, well, if it's AI, it's not actually illegal, then you got to sort out what's AI what's not. You've got to prove that things are real instead of AI, and then the actual work would be on the prosecution to prove that each one of these people were real individuals instead of saying doesn't matter if it's real, fake, drawn, AI, whatever it is, you're still in trouble for them. If he eleven counts related to child pornography, really, yeah, I mean, ain't nobody gonna be crying for this? Guy's a disgusting weirdo. But speaking of that, we might as well put the other weirdo thing I have in here before we move on, and I'll get to the pick a side here. Somebody posted on Reddit, and at first there was some suggestions that this wasn't legitimate, but now people are digging deeper and they believe that maybe it was. I did not know that there was a subreddit called ethical Gooners, but there is. Okay, and just so you know, you know what ethical is. Everybody knows what that means. It means the right, Is it right or not right? If you don't know what a gooner is, don't worry. This is a very online internet term, and a gooner is somebody who is maybe gratifying themselves to content that they find and endlessly charged up about it. Let's say, And so they're saying, is it ethical to be into this sort of content? This post? We're washing this out because it's got ten million views. We're washing it out with all the bad stuff. Now before we do the pick aside, Well, this person says, is it ethical to goon to a porn star that I killed? That's the post that they did. Now stand by for more on this, because you're gonna be like, wait, hold, is it ethical to goon to a porn star that I killed? He says. In two thousand and nine, I was involved in a car accident which took the life of a porn actress that I will not name to protect my privacy. The accident was not my fault. I did not react to conditions in the correct way, he said. So, it's not my fault, but I did not react to conditions in the correct way. I don't even know what that means. That's the most bizarre thing about this kind of The accident was not my fault, but I did not react to conditions in the correct way. Because of this, my car te boned the vehicle she was in and she died on the scene. I was not criminally charged with anything, but I was found civilly liable in her death. I was reminded of her recently and I found her adult films. She was quite pretty and her body was incredible. I have been gooning to her every night. Is it still ethical to goon to her? And people thought, well, it was just ridiculous. They're just making this up. And then quickly in the comments, people started to point out, hey, this appears to be a real situation where there was this woman by the name of Erica Boyer who on that very day that was mentioned, died around Panama City Beach, Florida, at her home. She had retired from the adult industry in nineteen ninety four. The woman, a real name Amanda Jensen, performer named Erica Boyer, I guess, was attempting to cross US Highway ninety eight, which she was struck by a two thousand and one Hyundai driven by Gregory low So the person may well be this Gregory Lowe who posted this that didn't want to give up their information but gave up way too much was struck by a two thousand and one hun Day driven by Gregory low She was killed instantly. The incident was investigated by the Florida Highway Patrol. A veteran performer known for her work in both Straight and Gave films, she won awards and had a career spanning from the nineteen seventies and the nineteen eighties into the nineteen nineties. That's the only case like this, the only case like this that happened. Now, somebody else said this person was struck as a pedestrian, but he said he t bow in the car. Who the hell knows. But the belief is that there may have been some truth to the posts behind this, which, if true, is just absolutely weird. All right, So pick aside? Is it ethical enough? Is not the a side? Play the song? No, this is not a pic aside, It not at all a pic A side? Do you want to do? I think when ethical is being called into question, like if you if you say, oh, is this ethical to do this?
Speaker 2: Or not.
Speaker 1: It's almost the wrong question. Like I feel like, if something's inethical, there should be a victim here. And since the person in question is it was already long dead, that's not true. Like, so imagine I'll make it about me, so it's not about you. Imagine somebody is like, hey, thanks, you made the other thing about me. Hey, Sean, is it ethical for me to do this to your dead mother? I would say no, that's ethical. It's absolutely unethical for you to do the person's not alive, But it doesn't make it ethical to do it just because the person's dead. I don't think that's the loophole that you're thinking. It is like the like the thing earlier actions, decisions or behaviors that align with accepted moral principles and standards of right or wrong. Okay, I can see if that'd be unethical. I'm thinking of, like, hey, something different. I guess it's still wrong. It is should we do the pick a side or take a quick break? We probably should take a quick break? Well, what's a quick break? I have the pick a side video. Selan was saying that there was somebody who had a very gross interaction at a concert and called the police. I have the police footage of this or the footage from the actual incident, so I want to play that. We also have to get into is the food safe out there? Some unbelievable new twists in the story we've been following about psyclospora. You need to know about this, and it's coming up next on the news Chunky. Rate my Blank for this week is rate my magnet or my magnet collection, and we want to see you with these magnets and weird places or interesting places or places that might be of note. And we've had that and we've had some favorites so far. On the end of the week on Friday show, we're going to pick our winner and we'll give you a big fat prize for being the winner of Rate my Blank each week, and the next week we'll have another one. We'll stretch them out throughout the weeks. Now instead of just doing it as a one day thing on Monday, I haven't built some stuff yesterday so that we can see all of your submissions at a glance, Like I can just go into dispatches now and gallery mode and presto bango, I can see you know, all of the different things that people have sent in here, which is super super handy. Yep. And he texted me yesterday with a screenshot and I said make it better. I said, amos not good enough. This one is pretty cool. Somebody sends over there a game of Magnets magnet with Freddy Krueger. Very cool. Love that. Thank you for sending that over. You can participate in this if you have a magnet, or if you've got a magnet. You've brought to a pretty cool place. The news Junkie magnets. There's well over fifty thousand of them out there in the wild, lots of different designs, and the deal is that you go to the website and you click a photo dispatch and just send it on in, just like all these other people did. Here's a really cool collection from Keith. He's got a ton of magnets here on his refrigerator. Is this an ICP magnet or what? I don't know what that is? Gooner gooner till I'm dead or somebody. I can't tell what that says. Some other designs in the mix there that aren't aren't ours, I don't think, but thank you for that. Appreciate it. So we've got the ability to do that till I'm dead, magnet. You never know, you never know. There's a lot of people with comments on that gooning front. But let's do the pick a side that we were talking about here, Steel And you said this was at a Morgan wall In concert, Yes, yeah, okay, which you know usually is a pretty uncontroversial guy as far as I'm concerned. He's doing his concert and somebody says they were urinated on at this concert, like somebody peed on them, and they called the police, and the police didn't do anything. So let's go to it. Let's see what's happening, okay.
Speaker 10: And there's nothing we can do about a guy fish pulling out his and fisting on me right now. Nothing we can do with that in front of an eight year old girl, because I'm gonna put all over.
Speaker 1: This is a beast Maryland's wall. He doesn't make a difference, explain I hear that they're not.
Speaker 3: We cannot take them in. Depend on not bluying you.
Speaker 1: We're going to give you his information and you could be referred to the point blaming. Well, we're gonna give you his information. They'll they'll give you the person's name that peede on you, but they won't arrest them. Yeah, that's odd, but I guess it feels like vigilanteism is an option there, like, Hey, we'll tell you who he is, but we can't arrest him because we didn't witness the guy in the act of peeing on you. How did they even have his information if they can't detain him or or you know, I mean, hold him for questioning. I guess he was detained at some point outside of the stadium, but no, no arrest was made at the time that this story came out. This is harder to determine the sides on this one, because I guess the sides are the police for enforcing the law or the guy for being upset that nobody's getting arrested for peeing on him in front of his dogs because the law state right.
Speaker 10: But I'm going to make it known that I hadn't, gentlemen witness Ketam morganon concert piss on me, my brother and my niece, and the Maryland State Police can do nothing about it, not a thing, And it's absolutely okay.
Speaker 1: They're gonna say, do what you want to do if you want to Bush. I like how you can hear Morgan, you're playing. Everybody outside of the crowd's going wild. He's starting up a banger right now. It's a little song I wrote. You might know. This was about the time I said the N word on a camera. He's out there playing for people having a blast at the concert, and this guy's inside going These cops won't arrest the urinator. They did this to me. I get it, I get it. It's kind of interesting that that's not an arrestable offense. I think the father is onto something there information.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got his information.
Speaker 1: Who's in charge of the stage saving security here? I won't I was trying to get the security information. Now everybody's just standing around awkwardly, or go piss on somebody and nothing happens. Oh no, oh no. The little girl comes walking by his daughter. How old did you say? He say she was eight eight? Yeah, I thought it was his niece, but sure, okay, Well she comes walking through and look she's upset. It looks like she's crying here as someone brings her through the scene, and he's like, look at her.
Speaker 3: Look are you guys like?
Speaker 1: There's nothing absolutely absolutely either excepted. I don't know what else you're making a scene and you continue this is frustrating. Aj Soup with a good point. Isn't that indecent exposure? And would it be the same thing then? But but do you have to have a witness, Like why do the cops have to see it? Can't anybody else around you see it? You would have think that if there were witness statements. I mean, it seems like other people have gotten an indecent exposure rap where the cops didn't physically look at the penis. Yeah, that doesn't make sense to mean the cops are not there for all these other people who get arrested unless this is solely how it is in this state, Like you don't need a police officer as a witness. What if anybody else saw, Oh yeah, that guy did do that. He did do that. He right in front of that little girl. He pete on this man and urinated on and that's enough to make anybody angry. Barbecue Baby said, this is affed up. Yeah, of course it is, of course it is. I just I'm very confused, Like the guy is about the law here help.
Speaker 3: He can't help you. You haven't helped anybody, Alright, He's out of there.
Speaker 1: I think I'm right about how you doing, and I would have, oh my god, you're really good. The other he went up to an officer who doesn't know what the hell is going on? Question for your question for you? A question for if I was to whip out my blank right now, would you arrest me? So he's asking the cop who wasn't associated with this directly. And I pissed on somebody.
Speaker 3: What I gonna tell the gossip?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure identified the end of it.
Speaker 3: Fie for you.
Speaker 1: I kept him out there and then everything I was asking it all right, Okay, there you go, so we could get it. We get the frustration. You hear the guy, he's describing what happened to him. So he was like a news story and some yeah, but he's describing what happened to him. He's explaining what went down. Who do you side with here? Do you pick a side off? The police officers are like, we're just enforcing the law. It's not our fault that there's not a lall for this. We're doing everything we can, but we need to physically witness somebody doing that to you. Or do we take the side of the dad here? The guy who was upset about this happening, and it happened in front of this little eight year old girl, for God's sake, And I wonder, like, I don't know, the little girl crying makes this much more upsetting. Like I think sometimes it should be your responsibility as an adult to like not freak them out too much, like this is this is how adult adults are supposed to behave specific ways of brown kids. I think if your kid falls, trips and falls and hurts themselves to the guy with his wiener out, well that's true. I agree, I agree, But from a parent, your perspective should always be like, hey, I want to lessen the blow of this in so many ways, like I want to lessen the blow of this so my child doesn't think this was the most traumatic thing ever. I've seen a lot of stories like this over the years. I've seen a story where, Hm, there was a story that I was I was I was familiar with where somebody thought that something wrong happened to a young kid, and then when they thought that this happened to a young kid, the things they wanted to do to sort of get revenge and to me, sounded way worse than the thing that happened to begin with. Right, I'm like, well, we don't want to make this something that sticks around with this child is a terrible bad memory. I don't think that's helpful. But maybe there was no way around it. Maybe the girl just saw what was going on and she just got traumatized, no matter what the parents were doing. First of all, there should be an effing law for this. Well, I mean, yeah, everybody agrees with that. Right, everybody I think agrees with that. Pail Fire says, so exposing yourself to a daycare school can get you arrested, but not a Morgan wall in concert. I'm not sure. Law enforcement experts let us know what you think about the Morgan vallneurs called still the problem, which right? You know, I'm not saying that I disagree with that. What do you think you do? You take the side of the police officers or the man who was victimized. Here, I take the side of whoever got you know, yeah, yeah, I over got yeah, whoever was in the this was. You're right, You're right. I just had to bring it to you. You you brought up the story, not me, right, I didn't want to. I don't want to talk about this, but you did this. I did not do That's what you were the one who did this. You did it. You might as well have been the pier. Somebody says, chaos is people pay to have this happen to them. Just because there's somebody who has a fetish and enjoys this happened to them doesn't mean that it shouldn't be a crime when you randomly do it to people who are not willing participants. Just in case, we needed to make that clear quick break, when we come back, your dispatches are on the horizon. And also and also when we come back, we're gonna do jury duty and we've got some pretty amazing stories in that coming up next on the news Chunky tips at the news junkie dot com a couple of emails real quick before jury duty, Sila and Ed says about that pick a side you did and if you miss this, there was a guy that came up in the hot sheet. It was about a Morgan Wallen concert. Do we know where they were with this guy allegedly ended up peeing on them. Were they in the stadium or in the bathroom or in the stands? I think of the stadium, So like They're in the stands of the stadium and somebody who's so drunk or so crazy just decides to urinate all over this guy with this eight year old girl like right next to him. But then the cops said, there's nothing we can do because we didn't witness it. Ed emails on that pick a side. I'm fully on the guy's side. So the cop tells the guy, you can't arrest the PP guy. What sense does that make. I'm wondering if I should go to that state and rob a few banks, seeing how it's obvious the cops wouldn't be there. This is absolutely ridiculous. The cops aren't on ninety five five percent of the crimes committed, but the purpse still gets arrested. I think the cop was just being a douche this person, says Russell, talking about the child sex content, albeit created with AI in the case that we brought up. Russell said, I want to make this very clear, I did not condone CP of any kind. But when you were talking about a guy that got in trouble for images that were not real, it reminds me of whenever the Big Mouth series had a cartoon of kids nude trust me, whenever that came on, I turned off the series immediately. But I'm just curious on why a big platform with the show being shown with fake CP images doesn't get in trouble, but a guy that did AI to get got in some trouble. The Netflix has nothing happened to them, and they actually continue to show it. It doesn't make any sense to me, says Russell. I'm not familiar with that, so we'll just throw it out there to everybody listening to she if they have any comments about it. I'm familiar with the series, and I remember watching the first I don't know if I got through the whole season. The first couple episodes were really funny, and then it would just run right the same stuff over and over again. It is a cartoon, but I think maybe in some places that's still a cartoon depiction or something like that is still show naked kids, naked cartoon kid. It sounds like, according to this woman's email, they do this. This person's email, I didn't know it was a woman or man, but I think that, uh, it sounds like they do. I don't remember seeing that in Big Mouth. Yeah, I haven't seen any episodes of that so I'm not sure, but we'll see what everybody else thinks about that. Right now here we go, let's do jury duty.
Speaker 6: The court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 1: You're knowing jury duty with the news Junkie. Jury Duty brought to you by the one the Only, Mo de Witt, the Wit Law Firm. Injured on the go, just Calmo eight hundred, CALLMO eight hundred, CALLMO or go to just Callmo dot com. After an accident, you are well, it's up to you to do whatever you want. But I would say you should probably make the what I think smart move. You should make a move to reach out to MO to it. Mo to it will get the case started against the insurance companies. Don't worry about being like litigious or like you're doing something wrong by suing. You're protecting yourself. You're protecting your family and your future, and those things are really important. I think I think most people agree with that. Let us know what your thoughts are, of course, and uh if you want to in an emergency or in any other situation after an accident, reach out to MO to it. It's a just call mo dot com. All right, I gotta try to bring this up. I was trying to get it up while I was talking talking there, but although flock camera map. Sorry, that's why I was distracted. There's a website, holy Cow called deflock dot org. Flock dot org. Do you know what a flock camera is? See what are you familiar? Yeah, it's the ones that everybody's really up in arms about right now because they you just put them in random places and they record your license plate number? Correct? Yeah? Do they do anything else or do they only get license plate numbers? I think they only get license plate numbers. I think the point is if you have a major incident in your area at your store, you know, your place of business, that the flock camera would have all of the recent license plates that have been in the area, and then you can in turn give that information over to the police and kind of help them see who was in the area. I don't think the flock camera automatically tells you who each person is? Is it a police camera?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: By default like normal, right, it doesn't have to me.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: I think walmarts are starting to have them, or lows or something. This map on deflock dot org shows you where they all are in the United States, or a bunch of them that are mapped. Of the just the ones that are mapped, there's one hundred and eighteen thousand, which is crazy, one hundred and eighteen thousand of them. You click launch the map and it shows you all of the flock cameras that are around you. It's taken a hot minute to launch this map. Oh maybe maybe they're getting like real bogged down with traffic right now. I think they might be. But you guys can, on your own time go to dflockd f l ock dot org and they tell you about these ALPRs, which is automated license plate readers. They capture and analyze the images of all passing vehicles. They store details like your car's location, date and time. They also capture your cars, make model color, and identifying features like dense roof racks or bumper stickers, often turning these into searchable data points. I tell you, and I'm not selaning here. I'm not in the business have given out advice to criminals? But am I giving advice to criminals? You have done that in the past on this show. A lot of people don't realize this. If you are engaged in any sort of crime, and they start searching the the flock cameras, all the cameras that are out there, they can make it as detailed as this. Like here's an example. This is a truck driving by and it says that is I think it's a Tahoma Tacoma, Tacoma, Tama. I don't know. I've never driven one of these. You could see that it's a Toyota Tacoma. You could see what the license plate is. You could see that they have a Raiders sticker in the back right window. And so if somebody says there was a truck here, I have no idea what the license plate is, but I know they had a Raiders sticker on the back window. They can look at every car that drove by and search for a Raider sticker and see your car. All right, if you're you shouldn't be committing crimes out there. But if you are committing crimes, those stickers that you put on your car could could be the downfall of you. Okay I could I mentioned Lows as one of the places that potentially has these because I think we've done a story about Low's having flock cameras before. Yeah, and I just looked up on the legacy map that they have because it's the new one that's being bogged down and wasn't loading. But they have four flock cameras in the parking lot of my Lows that's right right near my house. Are there any in your actual neighborhood or only in these sorts of like businesses that want to monitor stuff? There are none that are listed in my neighborhood. There's actually one the next street over the main street. Yeah, and that is kind of on the side of the road near like a shopping center. But none in my in my actual neighborhood. Well, there's a lot of stories. Putting one up myself just to see like what kind of what I can gather, you know, what I can see. I look, I see stories like this. Here's one officers accused of misusing flock cameras. And this is not a one off. I've heard this a bunch. There's one story from.
Speaker 8: Picture show police in Atlanta looking for evidence after shooting. This all happening on Verbena Street near Lamar Avenue. Investigators say that the same story Stock is alive and breathing.
Speaker 1: Also breaking now at a breaking.
Speaker 8: Kunny Sheriff deputy in jail accused of misusing license plate data collected from block cameras. Here it is Sergeant Kabiru Salaou.
Speaker 1: She wasn't expecting. Sergeant oh Boy oh Llaou is in trouble for using these cameras and the information from.
Speaker 8: Violation of oath of office and misdemeanor misuse of license plate data. He was charged after an internal investigation. S Lawu had been with the Shriff's office for nearly twenty years and tonight to eleven more please.
Speaker 1: He figured out what this person did, Like you said, he misused the data? What did he do?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Hell? Well, what's the crime? One of them that I saw. I don't know if this is the exact one one of them that I saw. The officer saw a woman that he thought was pretty. He thought she was an attractive woman, and then he startarted looking up her information on the flock cameras to track her down, just like I was saying, to see where she was going, like to going, yeah, what's she up to? Or like hey, here's the car she was driving around here? I want to find out what her license plate was they'll look into this information based on somebody that they find to be attractive or somebody who's like, you know, it's kind of like the David system where police were using the crying to search famous people and stuff. Well, I mean the David system, they were doing it to attractive women as well, just like looking people up that they knew, or looking people up that they'd seen somewhere. But I guess what they're saying is for this, they're using data that they can get to from the flock system to kind of map out where this person goes and maybe see we have an idea of where they might sure based on where they're pinging the most often. Yeah, they go to Low's every Thursday at this time and they're just gonna do a little meat cute or something. It's creepy, it's weird, and these cameras are creepy to begin with, the idea that there's over one hundred thousand of them mapped on this one website alone and probably summon your neighborhood. If you search this website dflockd f l ock dot org. Sorry it's getting hammered right now, but if you search this you'll find them around you. To me, this seems like a Fourth Amendment violation. I guess if it's your business, you're allowed to have these sort of resources. M hm. It just seems wrong. There's some stuff like this that I like, and this is not the thing shot Spotter I think is great. It should be every in every dangerous neighborhood that's audio only and it reports gunshots. This is this is invasive to me. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com quick break and then we kick off the Power Hour. Just moments from right now, we kick off the Power Hour that's coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I told Seiland the other day, I said, hey, I finally to break down the last barrier and completely finalize the techno technology stack that that powers this show, that makes us so far ahead of everybody else. I said, I think I've worked in it's not perfected yet, but I think I've worked in how to take live calls. And I said, I've got auto screening and all this different stuff, and it's all set up and it's a toll free number and it's all digitized. It's way ahead of what everybody else is doing at Seilane goes what happens when they're on hold? Do they hear us? Or do they hear regular hold music? And I go regular hold music and he goes, lame. This need the context, you know. So after the show, I'm fixing it so it has hold music. Also, I can put it on dispatch mode, meaning we turn off the phone and if anybody leaves a message, it sends to us as a dispatch now, which is just like all of it is crazy. But the I'm not fully done wiring it through. We could try here because somebody had to comment on the the cameras that we were discussing here on the show, the flock cameras. So let's see if it works. Hello are you there? Damn, I'm I'm here, Hey guys. Actually you had some thoughts on the on the on the flock cameras.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Sean, First I want to say thanks for taking my call, longtime listenerre we go. Yeah, you have to expect that's going to happen. Yeah, these flock cameras there, I mean, there's always going to be an officer or two that ruins it and uses it maliciously and is just not going to do the right thing, and that's that's where it starts getting all these the bad connotations for the cameras.
Speaker 1: Wait, you so you think, Dan, Dan, you think overall the flock cameras are actually good? Do you think it's just the some some officers abusing what is a good thing?
Speaker 7: Yes, I personally can tell you of a handful of cases that we've we've caught people because of them.
Speaker 1: Okay, like give me an example. Maybe we can't tell me the actual details, but like, give me an example of how it will work.
Speaker 7: We have a stolen vehicle drive in front of one of these cameras, and the license plate is listed as a hot plate. That hot plate drives in front of any license plate reader, which is what a flot camera is, drives in front of one of these cameras. It instantly alerts any any of the users, any like dispatch centers or anything that are logged into it, especially ones that are that it's in that jurisdiction. We get an alert, we we quickly, we run it, verify that it is actually stolen. An officer's a dispatch to it. There's been a number of times that that has happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I get that, I get that it's valuable. I just think the concern is from a lot of people that are like, what about all the people who aren't doing anything wrong, and yet you're just being collected, Like all your information, your license plate, whether or not you have a sticker or a news junkie magnet for God's sake, on the back of your car. It's just in this huge net that they bring together and then throw you in along with the bad guys. So that's what I think a lot of people have in terms of their you know, their hesitancy towards this. But you're saying, like you have seen really good things come out.
Speaker 7: Oh absolutely, And and that's the argument can be made both ways that if you have nothing to hide, don't you know you shouldn't worry about being tracked. However, I also agree, why do you need to hold on to all that information?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: But as an end user of it, I can tell you that it gets stored away and the only way any of that info can be pulled out by either a dispatcher or crime center or an officer deputy whatever you have to follow. There's a bunch of different steps that you have to do, and you have to it's tracked. You have to have a case number, you have to have you have to have all these reasons.
Speaker 1: Can you inform Dan, can you actually search? Like can you can you search or do you have to have somebody else give you that information? We if we are so we.
Speaker 7: Had a missing person and we have the tag of the vehicle that that person was last seen in, I can enter that tag and search and see what what cameras those that vehicle has hit and the last time it hit those vehicles. We had one recently where been eighty something year old dude that was attempting well making making comments a sewer slide and the only hit that we had it was only one camera that it hit. But based on him hitting that camera and none of the other ones on property, we knew pretty much where to look because of the camera he hit, so he couldn't have gone to a different part of the airport. So we knew where to look and we found.
Speaker 1: Him, gotcha. Yeah, I mean, look, there's a lot of sizes of this. Thank you, Dan, appreciate the call. There he goes those tests, the big one, by the way, says quit saying a lot of people, Sean, you only speak for you. That's only true for you. I have to speak for other people because I'm seeing your feedback. So when I say a lot of people, I mean the people that I'm seeing chat or sending dispatches. I can speak on behalf of more people in the feedback that I'm seeing. It's when you tried to one guy at and chat and you'll be like, I'm speaking for everyone when I said that. So I have seen that concern from people, so I wanted to relay that over also, even though his phone connection wasn't wasn't perfect, that's our first successful test, That's what that was. Yeah, I was sure that was his phone and not your don't blame my cotrito skills. Don't do that to me. You know this worked correctly best. I mean, you kept calling him Dan and it said on the screen his name was ed okay, because that's the auto screener, and he didn't his phone is all cracking up. All right, all right, okay, all right, let's do the Power Hour. Let me know we could do it, they said.
Speaker 6: Then they said, crazy, right, it's time for the Power Hour.
Speaker 1: On the news, Chunky. A lot of people started typing that in chat when he said that earlier, he makes the power hour crazzy. Indeed, right, let's work through a couple of your dispatches. That's what we had before digitphones was invented. That's right, did you digit phones the new invent No one's ever heard of these before, but they're utilized first and one ever from either dispatch ed or dispatch dam. But we're going to open these up tomorrow on the show, I think, and see what people say. I will keep the number a little close to our vest for right now. But let's go on to the other side of some feedback. Here here is Flip talking about these cameras.
Speaker 11: Hello, So I don't have a problem with anybody having a flock camera as long as they're not directly tied to law enforcement. If they are just storing the information the car description, license plate, and the description of the people kind of coming and going from into the car, that's not an issue for me personally. My security cameras at my house and the security cameras that actually this past weekend I just installed at my daughter's house in Nashville are similar to flock cameras. They store information for sixty days. Including the car description. They will zoom in on the license plate as they go by. They're pretty intelligent, and you know, if nothing bad happens, then it all goes away. She had an attempt to break in at her house, and so I drove out there in stupid texts. I went out there and you know, put them in and they're great. They'll store the information, they track people going by. I could set it up to track the vehicles as they go by, take pictures of the license plate.
Speaker 1: That sort of thing. Sure pretty badass. So anyways, I'm not saying it's not cool. It is cool. I know our friend Austin, friend of the show, Austin Austin Austin. One of the many things he does. He's a man of a million talents, and he's very very very good with studio equipment and these sorts of things. But he also installs security systems for really big companies and does all sorts of stuff like that works for our v parks and the like. And Austin showed me one time a camera that he had and it had all the same features and it would say, let's say you had one outside your house, like a doorbell camera, and then like maybe a security camera outside your house. You could say, Hey, show me all the red trucks that have driven by my house in the last week, and it would highlight just the trucks that were read that drove by your house in that week. Show me the vehicles that drove by with this license plate number. It would pull up the exact vehicle with that license plate number. This is the thing that anybody can buy. Anybody can have this at their house. The thing is when it becomes a bigger net and it gets dropped down a funnel, and then law enforcement could just search all of this. That's too big brothery for me. That's a little bit too big brothery on my end. But we'll see what else everybody says and get your thoughts on this and anything else we've talked about here is insecure. Waris with the final word on this for now.
Speaker 12: I gotta tell you, I'm pretty torn on the flock cameras. Okay, in some ways, I don't like the invasion of privacy. I don't like how there have been a lot of mistakes where like a family was held at gunpoint in a parking lot because a flock camera tagged their car as being a stolen car when it just misread the license plate because it's not that good at it, and the police just went after him even though they could have read the license plate themselves too. I have problems with that a whole lot. But there have been a lot of cases where people have gone missing. There's a guy who's kind of popular on Facebook or TikTok or wherever called Brian Wagman Tow Truck Wags. His brother in Indiana is currently missing, and they were able to find several images of his brother's truck on flock cameras that have given them lots of info about where he might be. At this point, they assume he's passed and they're trying to figure out where his body might be.
Speaker 1: Its brutal. I don't know.
Speaker 12: It's a two sided coin and it just all depends on how it gets used.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then somebody says that, yeah, but how long until they're used for nefarious reasons? Now now they're already used for farius reasons. That's why people are tracking these, That's why the discussion is happening out there. Uh that map website that you talked about, the defact dot org, when it is working correctly, because there's there's some problems with it. But when it is working correctly, there is a feature where you can like put in your destination GPS style, but it'll give you the route that avoids cameras. Really yeah, so like from from my house to work, it says I pass by two cameras, but if I wanted to take a twenty three minute drive instead of seventeen, I could avoid those two cameras. Okay, this is a problem, is it not this? How is this not a problem? So just like the people and I'm now I'm looking at the map, god, or there are a lot of these cameras ceiling. Look, there are a lot of these cameras on this map. Okay, there are so many of them it's like the country is on fire with these flock camera there's one hundred and eighteen thousand now northwest. Maybe a lot less flocky than it does in the rest of the country because there's not a lot of people in some of these states. And also these are just the ones that people have identified and put on this map. But if the problem is, hey, we're worried that people are going to take this technology, police officers, law enforcement and the like, and they're going to abuse it. We've seen that they've done that already. We're worried that the police officers are going to abuse this technology to maybe hunt for women that they find that they think are attractive, and they want to track down, to maybe stalk somebody, to go after an enemy, to all these different things. We're worried about them abusing the technology. Can't bad guys abuse the technology that Silane just outlined in the same exact way. So I say, oh, I want to use this deflock technology on deflock dot org to show me the way to get to this destination, so no cameras will record me and none of these flock cameras will get my license plate. Isn't that the same exact problem, just from the other side a little bit. That's what it feels like to me. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but like to me, you're worried about, Well, it's not just the technology, it's that the police having this leads to people abusing it, and then you go to counter that we're going to put up this technology that also criminals could abuse in the very same way. Jen says, if you stopped using everything that people abuse, we would have nothing, also true, Jen Over on TJ Chat. So we'll let people get their thoughts on this as we continue on in the Power Hour. I still have to get to the food system being dangerous, this guy being fired from ESPN. That's just the beginning of it. There's no way we're gonna fit all this in, but we'll do our best. The Power Hour rules on that's coming up next on the News Junkie. All the World Cup fans are now gone in back to their countries, one would hope, unless they're overstaying visas or something. And the most famous of them all Freddie from Germany, who kind of became a superstar throughout this. I'm convinced that when he came back he was working on some sort of documentary, but we'll see if that ever comes out, he said his last message on this thing. Now that the trip is almost over, I want to answer one of the questions we've been asked the most. This is the World Cup fan, Freddy from Germany. How are you guys able to afford a trip like this? He says? The answer is actually pretty simple. We saved up for this trip over the past year, and it wasn't nearly as expensive as people probably assume. We stayed in mostly budget hotels and always split the cost between the three of us. Our flight to the US was only two hundred and fifty five euros, for example. The biggest expenses were the rental cars and World Cup tickets, and the total six weeks here with everything combined, it probably cost us around six or seven thousand dollars. That's a good deal. I was on the low end compared to some of the people in that video that were like, uh I my family, My family is supporting me, Crypto king. You know, they're incredibly wealthy, they've never worked on their lives. And then they go, how much did you pay to get over here for the World Cup? One hundred thousand, two hundred and fifty thousand dollars And he said he did six weeks in America for six to seven thousand dollars. It's probably six because we saved money thanks to invitations like a hotel stay in Houston, it would have been even more. I know that's still a lot of money, but it's nowhere near what people seem to think we're spending. We met other World Cup tourists who told us their trips costs way more than that forty fifty one hundred thousand dollars. If you're okay with not living in luxury, then traveling doesn't ey to be this expensive. I'll count calculate the exact total once I'm back home, he said, And he was just sort of sharing with people. You know, you can travel and it doesn't have to cost quite as much. And yeah, I've kind of seen that too, Like we were going to the Keys here in a couple of months for Sea Lane's birthday. We decided to get as far away from Sea Land as we can and go to the Keys. Well, he goes to New Orleans, which they're basically let's be real, they're basically the same place, aren't they. It seems like they're very very similar. It seems like Key West is the French quarter of Florida. And then you know, obviously the French Quarter is the French quarter of the French Quarter. But when when I see people jo deep and I ain't gonna fit on a bumper sticker, The French Quarter is the French quarter of the French Quarter. Everybody knows that, we all know it. So I see sixteenth with that kind of math talk about this, I always think to myself, I go it is very true. There are basically three main levels that you could travel at, and level number one is incredibly affordable. I don't know that I would recommend it for everybody, but staying in hostels is a very affordable way to travel the world for cheap. And if you're traveling you're trying to go fun places, you're trying to spend like the month of your dreams or whatever to really get an amazing life changing experience bucket list kind of thing. You can do it even if your budget is smaller, if you're smart like that, and if you get into these communities where they do this, you'll find just how far they can make a dollar go staying in hostels, especially ones that you know are a little bit more safe staying not just in hostiles, but with these communities where they have perfect did the places that you can eat, the things that you can do to enjoy yourself, and Wi Fi for free, and on and on and on. You can get airfare for relatively cheap. There's a lot of airfare out there, if you search and you know how to find the best deals that you can get for really cheap, and you can spend like a small amount of money for a life changing vacation. Then there's sort of the middle track that everybody takes, which is a decent flight to a decent location, and you budget yourself so you don't spend too much. And then there's the high end where these people don't care. Those are the people who came to America for the World Cup and they spend one hundred thousand dollars. Why Seiland brought up this hotel? And was that New York that we were discussing? Yes, yeah, I was right in Manhattan on like the upteenth floor with views of the entire city all around, and I think it was the four seasons or how.
Speaker 7: Much was that nine?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's crazy, right. So that's the end when you just don't care about money at all. You're not worried about it. And Freddy from Germany, who came over and became famous with the World Cup stuff, says you could do it for cheaper than you might imagine, which is kind of cool to think about. All right, folks, we are going to get into more of your feedback before we get out of here today. Let's talk about the food thing for just a moment because it's becoming more and more interesting to watch what's happening. The FDA has responded to claims that they have no idea where this cyclospora outbreak is coming from by firing back, I'll bring you up to date on this. So people started getting sick in the United States. They're getting sick from something called cyclospora. For the record, cyclospora is not new. There have been infections every year for a very very long time. It's this little bug that is like microscopic that gets into the food. It's often produced it's off and lettuce, something like that. People end up eating this and the little bug makes you very sick. The bug makes you sick to your stomach. You have explosive diarrhea, is the way it's been phrased. And it's a tough, tough time. And it's called cyclospora because it comes on in cycles. You think it's gone away, oop, new cycle comes around right back to the bathroom, and it can last weeks and weeks and weeks. It's no fun, it's no good. So not new been around. This is a particularly bad outbreak that's going on right now, and the amount of people that have been confirmed to have had this. I contend is a tiny fraction, because I think people are embarrassed about this. But the FDA said, we blame Taco Bell. We blame this particular farm, Tailor Farms. Then Taylor Farms pulled stuff off the shelves, Taco Bell stopped working with Taylor Farms. Taco Bell said that we're taking all of these ingredients off of our menu right now because we don't want to get more people sick. And then the FDA said, whoops, we got it wrong. It was a false positive test. We actually don't know where this started again. Welp, the FDA says today about people getting sick eating to clarify, this false positive lab sample does not change the basis for the FDA's ongoing outbreak investigation or the overwhelming epidemiological data supporting the current voluntary recall by Taylor Farms. Over the weekend, the FDA alerted Tailor Farms that a new sample of shredded lettuce from Taylor Farms de Mexico tested positive for cycloswora during import examination at the Southern border. This ended up being a false positive, and Tailor Farms was alerted to the corrective test result SUNDAE. FDA's trace back investigation and outbreak data continue to converge on shredded iceberg lettuce from Tailor Farms locations in Central Mexico. The FDA will continue to work with federal and state partners to investigate this multi state outbreak and ensure products implicated in the outbreak have been removed from the market. Protecting the American public remains our highest priority. We encourage the public to continue to avoid all products listed in Tailor Farms voluntary recall. This company sells salad, They sell it to places like Taco Bell, They sell bag salad, bag lettuce, and they sell various other things. But it sounds like the FDA is like we had a false test, but the false test was for a border input, our import, and we saw that it was a false positive. But everything we have still shows that we believe this is the source of everybody getting sick. If they get a positive of a border import, they just cut like shut it down right there, say turn around, take your poop, let us back. I don't know, I'm not sure if they do or if they go, well, somebody's gonna risk it here to bring this into the country, but it's been kind of confusing as to what's going on, and everybody's unsure about what they're eating. There's been a lot of videos going viral in the wake of this, Like there's some woman, she's a farmer, and she did a video. It's hilarious because all our animals keep interrupting her in the video and she's like, Hey, you shouldn't be eating a lot of the food that you're eating to begin with. It's not clean.
Speaker 3: Is that said?
Speaker 2: Oh, you're pretty deep down the rabbit hole when you no longer believe that chicken is a health food, and I don't believe it anymore. For decades we were sold this live chicken, that chicken is a healthwood, it's the clean, a source.
Speaker 1: Of protein, it's the number all these things.
Speaker 2: It is absolutely not true.
Speaker 1: If you actually look at the.
Speaker 2: Nutrient intensity of proteins, beef is number one, lama is number two, venison, bison.
Speaker 1: She's animals.
Speaker 2: Then you get to like fish and pig and act the very very bottom, the very very bottom, chicken lower than pig. But you know why chicken whoa Because at this point, what the hell.
Speaker 1: Was that's the animal? Courtney would say, this is this was why we abandoned our idea of retiring and having a little farm. At some point, I said, because I don't want a bunch of animals dying around me all the time. That seems kind of miserable. But that is the hilarious realities of living on a farm.
Speaker 2: Because at this point they have I don't want to say genetically modified, because I'm going to get in trouble, but selectively bred. Will pretend that selectively bread this so much that all the health like nutrient and density and the health has been absolutely stripped from it.
Speaker 1: You know, she's kind of got a point here. I've never thought about this before. This farmer lady says, we're told that there's all this selective breeding going on to make chicken better. Well, you know what, they never tell you that the selective breeding is to make the chicken taste better. She said. The selective breeding is to make the chicken less susceptible to viruses and different things like that, so that they don't get sued, so that they don't get more people sick. But it's never to actually make anything taste better. And it's actually she he says that some of these things that we eat we just think are good for us. Like I thought chicken a lot of times, it was to make them bigger. You know you want you don't want to be eat one. Yeah, you want big, well, big muscular ones. You want big meat, big meat chicken. You don't want a tiny meat chicken. People are right now very much questioning the food that they're eating as a result of folks getting sick from cyclospora of information like this coming out, and I think it's made people a little hesitant about what they have in their diet. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, quick break when we come back, final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, and today learned to wrap everything up for a Tuesday that is coming up next on the News Junkie, Big fat thanks to everybody today. I literally cannot rattle off all of the people who have gifted subscriptions, but I will make sure you all go on to do it. I'll start the instrumental to It's the End of the world as we know it, and you just do it. Sing to that tune and name all the names. B G sixty seven, b Ware two eleven, Ryan Andy, Wildfire ninety eight, dos Hefe, Anonymous, Droopy Dog, d red Eye, Rockin'hand, JP Ashbom Sports, John Sime, Jessica, Idiot and Florida, Chevroulette twice Sun Stage, John with ten Got Crypto, Tom Darkness, Jessica, Matt from PSL J Maria Mac Jay, turn On and On. Actually I might be able to get to the end of this Tony one Metric, El Matt, No One like Me, Cyclone Ranger, Jessica, water Boy, Sammy scam Coolac. I can't do it. There's too many of them. Thank you all. We appreciate you. God, God bless you for the big support for the show. We'll have another Magnet in a couple of weeks and we'll see how that goes. We put that one up, but we're gonna have to get the hell out of here now, So let's do Today. I learned The.
Speaker 4: Following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ, So don't get cocky.
Speaker 1: How it's done.
Speaker 3: What we call today, Learn.
Speaker 1: It is today learn for a Tuesday, July twenty first, twenty twenty six. Today learn this character.
Speaker 3: Batman that's right.
Speaker 1: Today, learn about the Batman effects, Sea lay and an experiment a woman at an appearance time and experiment an experiment which way is right? I never know? Experiment a woman appearing pregnant boarded a train and some of the tests they did another person dresses. Batman also entered. Passengers were far more likely to offer the woman help when Batman was present, so mostly people wouldn't step in and help the unless Batman was watching. But if Batman was Batman offer this woman in my seat. Yeah, people feel bad about that if it's Batman and they you know, I thought you were gonna say they offered this man the seat. No, forget the lady, but Batman wins.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: The Batman effect is the name of it. It's a sociological experiment. So good. It's so good.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 1: I also didn't work in I guess there was some accusation about Jason Alexander on the set of some Oh you tease that commercial film. I'll work in the details of that story tomorrow on the show. Sorry for missing that one. Today I learned this guy right here, you got Morgan. That's right. Morgan Wallan's been on this show a lot. Today a lot of pan going on at his concerts. Country star Morgan Walland first got noticed on the reality television show The Voice back in twenty fourteen. No idea he was from reality TV. The only one and the only one I think, Yeah, what I know about for The Voice. Thank you bragging out with us. We appreciate it. We're back tomorrow the same time, same place. Missing in the show. Get the podcast at thenewsjokie dot com. We'll see you tomorrow. Everybody sun by myself, don't you? Ain't help me? Pulled up outself TV? Every week? Cand you go and tell the sixteen where it makes a.
Speaker 3: Train or you can't. I have some health