Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty KFI.
Speaker 2: AM six forty Bill Handle here on a Friday. Boy, we're having a lot of fun this morning on a Friday, October tenth. Some of the stories we're looking at. The government shutdown still going on, extending to next week, and it doesn't look like the Republicans and the Democrats are anywhere close.
Speaker 3: And of course the Nobel Prize.
Speaker 2: The big news about the Nobel Prize, it didn't go to President Trump. Now the big news where President Trump may very well get the Nobel Peace Price. And whether he deserves a peace prize or not, he has given a lot of credit and should be given a lot of credit for peace breaking out in the Mideast because the ceasefire between Israel and Hamas has taken effect. Hamas has agreed, Israel has agreed that a ceasefire is in place. The Israeli army has pulled back, not all the way, but has pulled back to some extent.
Speaker 3: The bombing has stopped. Aid is being let in.
Speaker 2: The crossings have been opened up for aid, of which humanitarian aid, of which the gaz Indians desperately, desperately need, and all of the hostages are being returned, which is kind of a shocker that Hamas would do that because that's the only ammunition they had. I mean, they weren't going to win any war with Israel. As you can look, Israel is one of the top military forces in the world. And what do they have in Gaza? You know what does Hamas have nothing? And so Hamas their plan was to take it, which they have and hope the entire world turns against against Israel, which was happening. And Trump gets in there because Trump has he is the eight hundred pound gorilla and says, really simply, you know, don't care what the world says, don't care if Israel considered a pariah state.
Speaker 3: Here's what's happening. Hamas.
Speaker 2: Either you go ahead and come to the table, or I let Netayahu in the Israeli army finish this up and wipe out what's ever left of Gaza. And at some point Hamas realizes, oh, they still want to govern, there'll be nothing to govern, and so this comes. It's going to come in increments. You've got to cease fire going on right now, Israel partial pullback. The crossings have opened up for humanitarian aid. That's the initial phase, phase two, which is going to be more difficult, but I still think there'll be discussions about it, and there has to be is does Hamas stay in power, do they still govern the Gaza and demilitarize? In other words, there will be no weapons at all. And so I tell you what I think is going to happen. If I had to guess, there'll be some kind of an agreement between Israel and Hamas. If Hamas is crazy enough to launch another attack, there will be nothing left of Gaza. And the problem CAMAS is going to have is do they control everybody in Gaza? Of course not, there are splinter groups. There will still be tons of terrorists who have nothing to lose as far as they figure these martyrs, that will go ahead and attack Israel. And that is not good news. Not for Hamas. It will be more difficult for Israel because there is a lot of dissension, a lot of attacks on the military and the intelligence that the attack happened in the first place. October seventh, a lot of failures. Heads are rolling and so Israel is going to be much much or careful about their border and it's going to be very difficult for a terrorist to get across. But if it does, God God helped Gaza, you know. And now is Israel the Paria state. Yeah, well that's going to disappear very quickly. So the peace plan that the President produced, this twenty point peace plan, which is pro Israel. By the way, there's no question we know where Trump stands on this. He is pro Israeli's pro Israel. Hamas literally had no choice, all right. The Nobel Peace Prize that's been up in the air to it's this year, it has become huge news. Usually the Nobel Peace Prize comes out and it's always some obscure person that you've never heard of. Have been a few where you have you know, major like peace accords between Israel. When Egypt, for example, recognized Israel the first state to recognize Israel, first Arab state. Nobel Prize was given into Siddat and was given to his heart rubbing I thought was legitimate. You had Jimmy Carter receive the Nobel Prize for legitimate president, no question about it. For presidents have received it. A lot of talk about President Trump receiving the Peace Prize because he has just asked him negotiated eight different piece agreements between countries you've never heard of. You know, there's sort of up in the air on that one because some of them are still fighting each other.
Speaker 1: He goes into those countries and he grabs them by the piece.
Speaker 3: Yes, and he makes it in any case.
Speaker 2: So he has been pushing for the Peace Prize, and on top of that because he's let's just say, he loves to be put up on pedestals. If you have listened to remember that cabinet meeting where they went around that table and every single cab member, Oh, mister President, it is such an honor. You are such a great president. You are the best president that ever lived. I mean, it was just insane. Marco Rubio just talked about the peace plan that was put into place that Trump did, by the way, and should get credit for It's mister President, this couldn't have been done without you. No president in the history of the world would ever been able to do this. I mean, on and on and on, and you should get the Nobel Prize. As a matter of fact, I've nominated you. Netanyahu has nominated you. President of Pakistan has nominated you, and he didn't get it. But then again, you know, we don't know how much in advance the Peace Prize has actually decided on. So who got it this year? Maria Cordina Masha though you ever heard of her, of course not. You never hear people who win these things.
Speaker 3: And she is.
Speaker 2: An activist in Venezuela and promotes is promoting democratic rights because it is a dictatorship in Venezuela. Maduro is the dictator, and she is out there and is the loyal opposition tries to overturn this dictatorship and set up a democracy, and it's dangerous for her. Now the good news for her, she's been elected the National Assembly and she has such a high profile figure that Maduro wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Be able to do anything to her.
Speaker 2: Unlike other activists in Venezuela, a lot of them have disappeared. So this year, three hundred and thirty eight candidates were up for the Nobel Prize, two hundred and forty four individuals and ninety four organizations which were never able to be eligible. When Alfred Nobel created the Nobel Prize because he invented dynamite, Dino might and was devastated by the kind of damage you could do he set up.
Speaker 3: The Nobel Prize.
Speaker 2: So the Peace Prize, well, peace prize, well almost immediate, but organizations were not allowed, and a few have won. Borders with Dodgers without Borders won the Peace Prize, and Amnesty International won the Peace Prize. And so Trump is really pushing really hard. Is he going to get it? You know, I got to tell you he may very well deserve it. Now who has gotten the Peace Prize? Well, there was an Ethiopian Prime minister, Abia Ahmed was awarded in twenty nineteen because he broke her to peace deal with Eritrea, a neighboring country, and that ended a decade long military stalemate that was twenty nineteen and twenty twenty. His country went ahead and attacked the Eritrea the next year. So the Nobel committee said, what, maybe we made a mistake on that one. Not such a good deal. My favorite one is Barack Obama. He won the Nobel Peace Prize for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. Not anything specific, but basically you're a great guy. And what did he do he got elected and what did he win the Nobel Peace Prize? For he got elected, and even members of the committee came back later and said, you know what, maybe that wasn't such a good idea. Yes, Sir era Fat he was the leader of the Palestinian National Authority in Gaza. He won the nineteen ninety four Nobel Peace Prize with Yaskok Abbian Shimon Perez, who is the Foreign Minister of Israel, because they negotiated the first part of the Oslo Accords the year before.
Speaker 3: Now this lasting piece, and of course war was not affected by that. It kept ongoing.
Speaker 2: Just a key. It goes on and on some of these weird, weird awards that sometimes are legitimate in the sense that everybody agrees, and sometimes no one has any idea why. The Literature Prize is always a weird one, knowing it's some Peruvian poet who lives in a cave in the Peruvian mountains.
Speaker 3: That's usually who wins it.
Speaker 2: And Salomon Rushi I think got the Nobel Prize for literature. Americans, it was Steinbeck, John Steinbeck won it. I think saal Bello won it. So there have been some Americans and probably the I think the most interesting Nobel Prize for literature was awarded to Bob Dylan, and a songwriter has never been awarded that. And I think the lyrics for Bob Dylan are just unbelievable. I'm a big fan of Bob Dylan and he's the only Nobel Prize winner that I know of who refused to go to the ceremony. No thanks, just not interested. And if you don't pick up the Nobel Prize, it's a use.
Speaker 3: It or lose it. You don't get it.
Speaker 2: So, from what I understand, he showed, he showed up the next day, just went to the counter and said, you know, I'm here to pick up the Nobel Prize, thank you very much, and they handed it to him and it's it's worth a million bucks. Did you know that at one point there was no taxes on the Nobel Prize. Part of the Nobel Prize was it was not taxed. That went away.
Speaker 3: It is taxed. Now, Okay, that's no Schnitzel. The Hell's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: A story out of Europe and effectively it's uh, that's no Schnitzel. Veggie Schnitzel vegan brought worst plant based steak right, probably going to be off the menu soon. And this is in Germany because that's the big one, but it's across the European Union. On Wednesday, European part voted to ban the use of meat related terms for these plant based products, arguing that shoppers should never mistake tofu for tender wine. And a majority of conservative lawmakers back the move and still have to have the UEU vote on it. And this is an initiative that started by the Europe's all of Europe's centrist right wing political party.
Speaker 1: You don't want to miss tender of meat. Yeah, that mis tendering, Yeah, that's it's pronoun.
Speaker 2: Seline Ima, the support of the bill, said, it's about transparency and clarity for the consumer and recognition for the work of our farmers.
Speaker 3: Really it's about farmers.
Speaker 2: So the plan would reserve meaty terms just steak, schnitzel, sausage, burger for animal based products, you can't use the word meat. And it really has to do with broadening the improving farmer's bargaining power and supermarkets. And in Germany, birthplace of the Bratwurst, meat consumption is altously gone right way down and plant based alternatives those are booming because Germany is now sort of the health and environmental and ethical kind of leaders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but those plant based things are usually hyper processed. Yeah, it's a taste like a sauceage, right, but they're what they're saying is forget about the word meat. The Chancellor of Germany, Frederick Mertz at a he was in a television show. He's being interviewed, and he actually broke into song, which is weird.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, a worst is a worst, of course, of course. Well actually, fred Mertz.
Speaker 2: Oh well but well then worst will never burst with you. We'll give you the answer that you endursed. Just talk to mister fred Rick. Oh I had to go there.
Speaker 1: That was the worst, a worse?
Speaker 2: Yeah, worst is a worst? Oh god, so oh Neil, we should do this now. There was a twenty twenty survey by the European Consumer Organization. Sixty eight percent of consumers aren't confused by the terms like veggie burger as long as it's clear that it's plant based. Sixty eight percent are not confused. What does that mean? What number of that means that are confused? You're talking sixty eight or not really weird? Germany's Consumer Protection organization there brachen Chernets sally agreed nobody accidentally buys Tofu sausages because they think they're beef sausages.
Speaker 3: No chance.
Speaker 2: You know who's opposing the band Burger King that's there on meat is there? Supermarkets aldi sud and little are there, and so it's going to be gone uh strong backing from the traditionalists. By the way, in Germany meat it's a meat country, meets a matter of identity and it's already a big part of it. So now negotiations are going to be among the member states of the U and it really is a big deal for farmers and meat producers.
Speaker 1: Where were we when we were in north of France borders with Germany and we had that schnitzel, that restaurant that where were we? I know there was the German town there that Adolf Hitler plots. No, well, I don't remember, but the but the schnitzel was unbelievable. I mean it covered the entire plate and they do that in Vienna to you.
Speaker 3: Where where we there.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't remember. But it's a region the ala Alae Lorraine, yeah, yeah, which is German speaking, is right next to Germany Alsace Lorraine, Yes, And that has been going bouncing back and forth, but right on the border. Great, yeah, yeah, schnitzel, schnitzel. All right, Uh we are now I wont schnitze okay, okay. Uh a question, what is rich? How do you define rich?
Speaker 3: Bill Handle? Uh? Yeah, my second thought, you know what?
Speaker 2: Yes I am, and I'll explain why I consider myself rich.
Speaker 3: I think you're going to agree with this, Amy. What is rich to you? Demiro?
Speaker 2: That is funny, That is funny. I have to tell you. I wish I had thought of that. I hate when someone is more clever than me. Uh.
Speaker 3: And what is rich? When you can do what you want? Okay? Yeah, all right, that's close, Neil. What is rich to you?
Speaker 1: Rich to me is living the lifestyle that you enjoy and not worrying about that.
Speaker 3: You know, that is as cold.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter how big of a That's exactly what I'm saying. If I could live the way I live forever right now, I would feel rich.
Speaker 2: That is my definition of rich is that if you quit working tomorrow or this afternoon, your lifestyle doesn't change, whether it's thirty thousand dollars a year or three hundred thousand dollars a year if you just keep on going and you don't have to cut back, you are rich. And I am rich because I live under my means, always have my entire life.
Speaker 1: So do we feel like that if I lost my job that you would probably keep that up forever?
Speaker 3: Not difficult? Right?
Speaker 2: That makes you rich? Con Oh, you'll never feel that way. I just want to let you know that.
Speaker 3: My dear rich is getting married in a castle. Oh there is? Okay, so that's my idea in a foreign land. All my house has been built.
Speaker 1: Now would an elevator being put in and randomly having fireworks?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: And it's my third marriage.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Second, well, I'm talking about on the books legally. Yeah, but that's the first One's weird, I do it.
Speaker 3: I'll give you that. In any case, what is your fourth one gonna be?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Well, I will tell you that my fourth wife hasn't been born yet.
Speaker 3: Ew roast dude, thank you? You you know what? Isn't it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What did Einstein say about World War three? He said, Uh, I don't know about world War three, but world War four will be fought with sticks and stones. And then that's how I feel about your next marriage. I don't know when your third wife will come, but I will, but I know you'll be broke.
Speaker 3: Okay, a quick point.
Speaker 2: My first one was a very technical, not real marriage, which I will get into at some point, and Neils just making fun of me. The other part of being rich, and this one is it doesn't matter where you are on the scale, and we're talking about an upper level, is when you have jet money, that is rich. That's vulgar, that is rich. When you have jet money. Now we're talking some serious money. And Rush Limplaw had jet money.
Speaker 3: You bet he did. You bet he had jet money.
Speaker 2: So a Wall Street Journal article just came out that these companies, the major companies, are cutting down like crazy, and except in two areas, the CEOs are still getting tens of millions of dollars. They have not cut down on those. And private jet money is still there. These CEOs are flying more private jets than they ever have before. And there's two arguments for that, one of which makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: A matter of fact, they both make sense.
Speaker 2: One is security is especially after the CEO of United Health was assassinated and the threats going against these people going into an airport first class, it doesn't even matter that's a risk if they know who you are, because well, CEOs are not well loved. And the other one, which makes a lot of sense, is sitting around in an airport. You don't get that much work done going in a private plane that has, for example, a small conference table and you sit with the executives.
Speaker 1: You work.
Speaker 3: It is it can be in office.
Speaker 2: And so what these major corporations are doing is they are increasing the use of private jets. Great story about Mark Zuckerberg. Zuckerberg gets one dollar a year. It's all he pulls from Facebook or Meta. He just doesn't get much money. However, what he does is spend hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars a year and gets even better than that. He owns the jet and he leases it to the company which then flies him basically all over the world. And much like Air Force one, air Force one when it is used for private flying. When the president flies, for example, to one of his golf courses to play golf that is not official, he has to pay for Air Force one. Needless to say, he gets a great deal. And what a cost to move the president around. We'll never even know because that is a secret budget item. We're never going to know what it costs to keep the Air Force one fleet going. But it's for private flight. And the same thing goes with corporations. Incidentally, for private flying, if it's a publicly traded company, the CEO or whatever executive has to pay, and obviously they pay just a fraction of the cost. And so this is why the president whenever he flies, always goes to some factory uh and does a speech or opens up some supermarket or whatever he does to make it an official governmental function.
Speaker 1: I don't need anything fancy in life, but man, it sure would be nice to be able to fly whenever you wanted and not deal with the hassle of flying, like just like you're driving a car.
Speaker 3: That's just the way it goes.
Speaker 1: I don't you know, I don't need a bigger house. I don't need any of that shop.
Speaker 2: Maybe jet money is absolutely spectacular, and uh, you know, the actually I was able to fly, it was really privileged to do this. When I uh was inducted in the Radio Hall of Fame, the CEO of our company, Bob Pittman UH took us to Chicago where it was on the corporate plane. Oh Man, I.
Speaker 3: Flew with you. Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 2: You're very kind and generously. Yeah, well there, let me tell you, we giggled, yeah, if you ever do that. And this was on iHeart and they were kind enough because they thought that was a big deal and it was pretty but anyway.
Speaker 1: It was a huge deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was. The flight was the most fun part. And we stayed at the Trump the Trump Hotel in Chicago. I remember that, and it is one of the best run hotels I have ever been in in my life.
Speaker 1: Love them or hate him. That guy knows how to run that hotel. Was like this service, it's.
Speaker 2: Incredible, incredible. All right, guys, let's check in with Amy. Nope, we'll check in with Amy later on after I know what the hell I'm talking about, Buddy, thank you when I finally figured all the fame. But yeah, okay, this is KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.