Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 2: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 2: You have to fight off being satisfied.
Speaker 3: Your pregame look at the back to back World Champion Dodgers is brought to you by Alignment Health Plan. Welcome to a new era of a g spectrum and by your so called Chevy Dealers. Together, let's dry now your pregame. Host of the World Champion La Dodgers Tama Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and good afternoon. Welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the Cinco da Mayo as your back to back World Series champion. Los Angeles Dodgers continue their series.
Speaker 2: In Houston, Texas.
Speaker 6: As they are twenty two and thirteen on this season, first place atop the NL West after finishing off a series in Saint Louis with a win on Sunday.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers kept.
Speaker 6: The winning going yesterday in Houston, taking the series opener. Tonight show Hey Otani on the mount. First pitch in the seven to one to three is coming up at five ten pm. Coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. You get to hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. That's coming up in about twenty minutes. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vasse joins us throughout the hour. He'll go one on one with Dodger pitching coach Mark Pryor. That's coming up in forty five minutes. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Charlie Steiner will stop by. We'll visit with Kirsten Watson coming up in just a few minutes, live on the field from Houston, and in just a few minutes we'll send it out to the Galloping four broadcast booth with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday. The Dodgers yesterday gave the ball to Yoshinobu Yamamoto six innings. He went, gave up three runs on five hits, struck out eight along the way.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers scored early and often.
Speaker 6: For Yamamoto, who over the last few seasons has been the victim of no run support, well he got all that he could ask for.
Speaker 2: Yesterday.
Speaker 6: Kyle Tucker got it started with an infield single in the first, scoring Will Smith, and the Dodgers grabbed a one nothing lead. However, Yamamoto gave back the run and the lead who as the Houston Astros scored two in the bottom of the first to take a two to one lead. But in the second the Dodgers came back to take the lead, and first they tied it up next to Alex Freeland and the.
Speaker 7: Roof is closed here tonight. I was told earlier today they've had the roof open for one game in the last two seasons, plus what they've had this season. Andy, this ball is hit deep to left field, it.
Speaker 5: Is high, it is far, it is down, an.
Speaker 7: Opposite field home run into the Crawford box is for Alex Freeland, and it's two to two.
Speaker 6: Alex friehlan his second home run of the season, this one into left center field, and that tied the game at two, and the Dodgers were just getting started. Will Smith and RBI double scoring show Hey. That gave the Dodgers a lead.
Speaker 2: Three to two.
Speaker 6: Then in the third inning, former astro Kyle Tucker returned to Houston.
Speaker 7: They lead baseball in walks given and also hit batsman and Tucker belts went to right field and deep.
Speaker 5: This ball back in has gone a home run.
Speaker 7: Kyle Tucker with a solo shot and it is four to two. Oh bullet of a line drive the right.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 9: Now it gives a few people a little bit more reason to show displeasure that he's no longer with the Astros.
Speaker 6: Kyle Tucker with the solo home run to right center, his fourth of the season. Dodgers they four to two, leave they get one more on a show Hey Otani RBI groundout five to two, and then Freddie Freeman with an RBI single an air helped the run come across Dodgers in the third inning, push across four runs as they go on top seven to two the Dodgers. Then Freddy Freeman added to that lead with an RBI single in the fifth, scoring Alex Freeland.
Speaker 2: Dodgers were up eight to two.
Speaker 6: In the fifth, well Yamamoto got tagged for a solo home run and that was it. Though damage was done as Yamamoto would go the six innings just the three runs eight strikeouts. Kyle Hurt pitched an inning of relieve. Blake Trenton got the eighth inning, he struck out three, and then Jack Dryer pitched the ninth inning. Gave up a hit, but a couple of strikeouts would end it. As the Dodgers beat the Astros yesterday eight to three, Yoshinobu Yamamoto gets to win. He's now three and two on this season. Freddie Freeman drives in a cup runs. Kyle Tucker, the former Astros with the home run, drives into pair as well. As the Dodgers get the victory. They're second in a row. They're now twenty two and thirteen on the season, and they look to make it three straight overall. With show Hey Otani on the mound, first bencham Houston's coming up at five ten and with more, let's head out to the Gallop and Ford Broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys. Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Rufe closed once more here at Dykin Park in Houston, Texas. Dodgers at twenty two and thirteen a game and a half up on the Padres and the West standings, and in the Al West, the Astros fourteen and twenty two. They are five back of the first place Athletics. In fact, they've lost seven of their last eight home games. Tonight, all eyes turned to show hey Otani the major league leader in urn run average zero point six zero. He is the reigning National League Player of the Month, and throughout his story career, through his time in Anaheim and of course here in LA, he has never once been named pitcher of the Month, whether it was in the American League or the National League. So he goes out there for the first time in pitches tonight with that honor.
Speaker 9: Well, and he did it in find fashion too. I mean, the four starts, twenty four innings, two earned runs was all and in those twenty four innings allowed just sixteen Bays hits. So he's been right on top of it. How about the Dodgers last night? They scored last night almost as many runs as they had been able to amass over the previous five games. They put eight on the board last night. Previous five games total they had just eleven. And by the way, they hit the home run also last night two of them. That's the first time in seven games that they had hit one out of the ballpark, So hopefully things are back on track. We'll find out again tonight that offense is going to sustain itself.
Speaker 7: And the offense will be led off by Dalton Rushing again. A week ago he led off when Otani pitched and the Dodgers gave him the night off offensively, so Dalton Rushing back in their three forty average, but they at the left handed bat at the top of the order replacing O'toni.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't mean to be derogatory towards the Houston Astros. They're struggling. They're fourteen and twenty two, as you mentioned before. But here's the other part too. They currently have they added one more today. They have fourteen players on the injured list and most of those eight of those are pitchers. So if you look at the fact they've lost seven of eight at home at ERA in that period of time, the guys have had to be supplemental to the rotation and also out of the bullpen era of over six and a half. So the Dodgers hopefully they can kind of take advantage of it and that's what you have to do when teams are really banged up, and the Astros qualifying that category.
Speaker 7: Kyle Tucker had been moved down to the fifth spot in the order. He's moved back to clean up now. Hit a home run last night. It was a laser beam shot to the right field bleacher, something that he did a lot during his seven years here with the Astros. But in his last three games against his former team, he's hitting five hundred seven for fourteen, four extra base it's two home runs, five runs batted in. Maybe this was the jolt he needed to get going.
Speaker 9: Hopefully that's going to be the case. And also with a good game last night was Alex Friedland, who had three hints, including a home run. He was on base four different times, including a walk that he had. So he moves up to the eighth spot today again at second base, and Miguel Rojas gets the starting Nino at short stop. He'll bat in the number nine spot.
Speaker 7: So for the Astros, it'll be your Don Alvarez batting second, but he's in the field tonight. Alvare's twelve home runs. He's the reigning American League Player of the Month. He had a great end of March all through April for the Astros in spite of the fact that they are well under five hundred. But Alvarez was a tough out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's a tough out. But the problem has been And going back to the pitching for the Houston Ashros, they'll score some runs. In fact, their fifth best in Major League Baseball one hundred and eighty one runs scored. Dodgers are fourth best in that category. But here's the big difference. No team has allowed more runs than the Houston Astros. Well, they've scored one hundred and eighty one. They have given up two hundred and nine runs against them.
Speaker 7: Astros and Dodgers. It's show Hey Otani against Peter Lambert, who returns from Japan and is now with the Astros in a minor league deal. So Lambert and Otana the pitching matchup. We've got the first pitch lineups just around the corner.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you guys, as we carry you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, what's your dinner plans on this Sinkle Tobio, Eh, don't do what you think you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Go to Shaky's Pizza parlor instead.
Speaker 6: What are your Shaky's Pizza Shaky and mojos right now at shakys dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. As we're leading you up to first pitch, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from the pitching coach, Mark Pryor. That's coming up with David Vasse goes Hi and Tight TV of course, will join us throughout the hour. We'll break down this pitching matchup. Charlie Steiner, we'll visit with us as well. Got your Otani you rewind though, and we'll go live to the field in Houston with Kirsten Watson. That's next. As we leave you up to Dodgers and Astros on this Tuesday Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Case is the back to back worldampion Dodgers Audio A Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Astros on this Tuesday night. Dodgers winners of two in a row for taking the series opener last night show, Hey Otani on the Mount. Peter Lambert will go for Houston first pitch coming up in five ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 7: Wewiss ready to throw the one oh pitch swung on tapp to third, Parady's picks it up, throws to second for one on the first too late safe there Pi haz comes into score.
Speaker 1: It's five to two.
Speaker 6: Show Hey Otani with the fielders choice. Last night that part of a four run third inning that one scored Andy Pie has as last night show Hey Otani remains hitless now over his last seventeen. He was walked twice though last night, but he had the fielder's choice to drive it a run.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston, Watson.
Speaker 6: And Karson now joins us from Houston before game two of this three game set. Brought to by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate today your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donate now Carsfrokids Dot Organ that's Cars with a K show Hey Otani on the mound tonight. He's been fantastic as the pitcher, slumping a little bit offensively and Dave Roberts, I guess during the game yesterday had said, you know what, we don't need him to do ball tonight. So he's not hitting, yeah, you.
Speaker 10: Know he said yesterday for show, Hey, he was able to get on base, he scored twice, he drove in a run with a fielders choice. But with what we're continuing to see from himf you look at his last five games, he is still over seventeen and so it doesn't you know, she's not someone who's going to really show so much of his frustration. He's not going to talk about feeling fatigued. But Dave Roberts was saying that he just felt when he was watching him yesterday at the plate, just like, you know, I want him to just focus on pitching today. He obviously has been excellent this year, carrying a point six year ot RA through his first five starts. So today was more of, you know, like let's just allow him to kind of have a mental reset, a physical reset. There was so much that goes into that. I mean, truly, none of us, none other baseball players, truly understand what it takes to be a two way player. Yesterday we literally saw him come in early for early work, to do some work in the hitting cage, to try to get back on track offensively. We then saw him go straight to the bullpen afterwards to work on some stuff for his start today. So there's just so much such in going into it, and it does seem like it's that's the key. It's starting to kind of build up. So Dave said that after the game, we had a conversation with him and just finding ways to continue to protect show. Hey, obviously they're thinking about the long run. They want him to be the successful two way player come October that not only he has been, but let we know he is. And so if that means that right now, if that means you're going to focus on pitching and not being at the plate today, do that allow yourself kind of a mental physical research is focusing on one aspect of this game. But they're hoping, you know, they do believe people will get back on track. His track record shows that he will get back on tracks. It's just you have to also consider it. There's just his first time being back to a true two way player. Yeah, in about three years, you know, so it is going to take some time for him to get readjusted. But they're really just trying to have him, keeping him in a place where he's balanced and still able to kind of work through it at the same time, no.
Speaker 8: Doubt about it.
Speaker 6: He's also thirty one, not twenty seven like he was back then, So Curris.
Speaker 2: That we appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Still to come.
Speaker 6: Here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll preview this pitching matchup David Vatsego's one on one with.
Speaker 2: Mark Pryor, Dodger pitching coach.
Speaker 6: But I'm next an injury report and we'll hear from the manager. Dave Roberts has been leads you up to Dodgers and Astros on this Tuesday. I'm Tim Kates. Is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 2: No, we're.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the blue All season Law Law.
Speaker 6: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Tuesday as we leads up to Dodgers and Astros from Houston Marongo Casino Resorting Spy Grand Slam for a good times show. Hey o Tani on the mount of first Pitch set for five ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 6: Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical Partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Keith a Hernandez on the IL.
Speaker 6: Buddy is in Oklahoma City on a minor league rehab assignment, starting a third base and batting second tonight for the comments. Bruce dar Gradol has already pitched in a game in OKC as well, and when Diaz on the IL, Mookie Betts, Tommy Edvon playing Snell. Brock Stewart is with the team. He has made a couple of appearances in the minor leagues and he could be activated as soon as tomorrow. We'll find Banks spurious landing that Gavin Stone Evan Phillips all on the i L with arm injuries. Let's head back out to Houston and check out with the Dodger manager, Dave.
Speaker 2: Do you think questions for Dave?
Speaker 8: Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Robberts.
Speaker 11: I think what I've learned about show Hate is his uh primary focus is hoping the Dodgers win. And I say that because he understands the rest that he potentially gets by not hitting on certain days that he doesn't pitch is best for him in the short and the long term for him and the Dodgers. I think that's one thing. I think he is smart enough to know his body very well, of his body and how it's responding to the to what's we're asking of him as far as you know, hitting and pitching, So to be self aware and honest with where his body is at and to not and to listen to it in the sense of someone I talked to him about giving him an off day. There's no resistance, is complete buy in, and that's that's.
Speaker 10: A good thing. So then do you think just some of these offensive struggles could then be due to more of that, just fatigue of how demanding his role is.
Speaker 11: I do I do you know? You know with with with pitching, there's the day of the start, what it takes on your mind in the box, the day after you're hitting, the tax on your body and what you endured the day before you're outing, so that affects the hitting. That's two days right there. So obviously you know when I write his name in the lineup, I feel very good about writing show his name in the lineup every time. But I do think that you know, with what he's done on the pitching side and how well he's pitched. There's been a little bit of you know, fallback or whatever on the hitting, but I do think that it'll correct itself, you know, as time goes on.
Speaker 6: All Right, there's a manager Dave Roberts, a lot of talk about show Hey Otani and whether or not he could continue to be a two way player on the day that he pitches long season folks, Well we continue here, I'm wrong with Casino Dodgers on deck. We will check in with the David Vance saying get more on this and more on the Dodgers. As we lead you up to first pitch from Houston, I'm Tim Kates is the back to.
Speaker 2: Back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Astros.
Speaker 6: On this Tuesday, Peter Lamberts goes for the Astro show, Hey Otania on the Mound. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Alpatel, born in La and made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salsas and hot sauces. Right to your table, perfect for Sinko Tomayo El Poto Gourmet and a.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim kits on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Base all.
Speaker 6: Right, dv so no show Heyo Tani the hitter tonight solely a pitchure. This is the third time that has happened this season. Is this something we're gonna see moving forward?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: Andrew Friedman told us on the last homestand that the Dodgers are going to read and react. There's going to be some games where Otani, like tonight, doesn't hit. There might be some games where he does both, but then the following day does not hit or play. He's a thread off the bench. So the Dodgers are going to read and react. And I have a feeling Tim. If show Heo Tani was hitting the ball, well, he would not be sitting tonight for seventeen in his last we handful of games, one home run in his last eighty four played appearances. And if I'm the Dodgers, I don't play him tomorrow either. I don't know what one day is going to do for him, and he doesn't have time today to really focus on trying to get out of that slump. He's focused on being the best starting pitcher he can be for tonight, so I don't see any harm. Only good to sit Otani tomorrow. Thursday is a day off, and then have him come back fresh for Friday when the Dodgers return home and start a three game series against the best team in baseball in the Atlanta Braves. Furthermore on that topic, I would have had debt of Freddie Freeman, despite kicking and screaming. I would have him DH tonight and Dalton Rushing play first base, and tomorrow I would have Dalton Rushing catch and Will Smith be the DH. You gotta get Rushing in there more than what they have been considering he has the second most home runs on this team to Max Munsey, for a team that just barely hit their first home run in their last seven games last night.
Speaker 6: David is brought to by the Ford Maverick Motor Trends in North American Truck of the Year. The Ford Maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP. If it's category It's time to see Ford in a new lego to your Southern California Ford Dealers today. A few minutes ago, we had the injury report DV Edwin Diaz, a lot of pitchers on the injured list. Blake Snell's made a rehab appearance, who though out of the group that is a pretty big group right now, is close to coming back.
Speaker 5: I'm going with brox Stewart as soon as tomorrow. The Dodgers would not have brox Stewart show up in Houston just to fly back with the team to LA. They know how to manage a bullpen, they know how to manage workloads, and this is probably the date that they circle to have brox Stewart return Tomorrow, the day game after a night game, and after that, you know, Blake Snell's going to make one more rehabs start and likely to come back in that series against the Angels a week from Fridays. So reinforcements are on the way. Pitching wise, keyk Hernandez can't come back until May twenty third ish, he'll be back then. Tommy Edman won't be back until June. So in the order of returning brock Stewart Blake Snell, Mookie Betts would be my three that are coming back within the next two weeks.
Speaker 2: All right, appreciate it.
Speaker 8: DV.
Speaker 6: We'll check back with you in just a little bit. Still to come here. I'm Marie Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We'll hear from the Dodger pitching coach Mark pryor Charlie Steiner will visit with us as well. But up next You're Dodgers. Magical Moment Dodgers and Astros. First pitch a five to ten. I'm Tim kas Is, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home LA. Dodgers Baseball lead you up to Dodgers and Astros Game two of this three game set from Houston.
Speaker 2: Dodgers winners of two in a row.
Speaker 6: After we win the series finale in Saint Louis on Sunday, winning the series opener yesterday against the Astros. Show Hey o toany on the mountain tonight, first pitch set for five ten.
Speaker 9: All without a hot dog?
Speaker 5: Who wants a hot dog?
Speaker 3: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment hitch Magical Magic presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: Well the Dodgers taken on the Astros. We go back to the twenty seventeen World Series Game one. Chris Taylor lean things off for the Dodgers against Dallas Kikel.
Speaker 12: Twenty three starts during the regular season fourteen and five at two point nine ozer er. He stays away from the strike zone. He likes to see other.
Speaker 2: Hitters pish at.
Speaker 7: On the first pitch, Chris Taylor hits it up.
Speaker 4: Heichael gave up fifteen home runs during the regular season in one hundred and forty six innings. In one pitch, the Dodgers take a one to nothing.
Speaker 6: League Chris Taylor bangs it out of the ballpark on the first pitch from Dallas Kaiico in Game one of the twenty seventeen World Series, and it was the first World Series game at Dodgers Stadium in twenty nine years.
Speaker 2: We all know what happened after that.
Speaker 6: The only banging came from the trash cans is the cheat in Houston Astros cheated their way to a World Series win in Game seven against the Los Angeles Dodgers. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hafey hot Dogs, Haffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfey hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with Charlie Steiner, whose voice you just heard on the call back in twenty seventeen. As we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Astros. I'm Tim Kais's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Ronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues. Tim Kate's with you here on this Tuesday as the Dodgers are in Houston to take on the Ashros Show. Hey Otani on the mount against Peter Lambert. Time now for the Verizon startup, as we are thirty five.
Speaker 2: Minutes away from the start of the game.
Speaker 6: Now, Verizon, you can lock in your Low prize for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today. Let's check in with Charlie.
Speaker 12: All right, Tim, The Dodgers finally scored some runs last night eight to three, they beat the Astros. Astros are dreadful. At fourteen and twenty two. They're in fourth place in the American League West, five behind the first place Athletics, one game in front of the last place Angels, twenty two and thirteen in first place, game and a half in front of the Padres. So the Dodgers finally scored some runs eight or more for the first time in a long time, tenth time all season. They're now tied with Atlanta for eight or more runs in a game. This is a thirteenth time the Astros surrendered at least eight runs. They ain't got no pitching, and the Dodgers have shohey O Tani merely the pitcher of the month in the National League going tonight against Peter Lambert.
Speaker 9: Well, if you look at the Astros, they put yet another player on the injured list today, injured his oblique in bannic practice yesterday, So now they have fourteen players on the injured list. But you know, it's been a rough go of it, no question about it for the Dodgers. As you mentioned, eight runs on the board, that's a landslide considering they had scored what just eleven runs combined over the previous five games, so maybe the offense is going in. Oh, by the way, the Dodgers also hit a couple of home runs, first time they've left the ballpark in seven games and hitting one out of the park.
Speaker 12: So the Dodgers' output last night of eight runs, the question is was it them or us? Well, it doesn't really matter at show. How Otani goes for the Dodgers tonight the National League Picture of the Month. He's two and one with a point six er. This is going to be his sixth start. Opponents are hitting just one sixty against him. He hasn't given up a home run. A little wonder then he is the National League Pitcher of the month. He's not hitting tonight. He all he has to do is just throw the little baseball.
Speaker 9: Well, that little baseball seems really little to hitters, evidently, because when he's ahead in the count to a hitter, it's just a one h two batting average against. I mean, we're talking about mini school numbers.
Speaker 2: Charlie.
Speaker 9: Did you have to look at and you look at him a couple of different signs say wait a minute, is this a misprint or is it factual? Well, it's factual with Otani U. The one change is, you know, yesterday Dave Roberts is saying, well, it's most likely that Otani will also serve as the designated hitter tonight while he's pitching. Well, that changed last night after the ballgame. Otani's been working with that swing a little bit more so, trying to save some energy. Roberts is with Otani, so he will be strictly a pitcher tonight as he starts against the Astros.
Speaker 12: Well, the numbers speak for themselves. He hasn't hit a lick when he has pitched, of course, of Toni being Otani, so he's going to sit it out at least while the other fellows go out and hit the ball. Rushing is going to be leading it off as the DH tonight.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's going to be a little different, and I think Roberts thinking is he does not want to disrupt the lineup by a large margin, so you put Rushing in there. He's been hitting the ball very well until the recent times, the last couple of games. But it's also going to be Miguel Rojas starts a short stop, so the flip Floffett Freeland had a good game last night, very good game. Indeed, moves up to the eighth spot. Rojas will be a short stop, he will bet in the ninth spot. Everything else kind of remains the same. After Kyle Tucker, he enjoyed his return to Houston, even though there were a couple of booze But I think it was more of situation, not against Kyle Tucker. It was sadness that he was not still here in Houston, the displeasure.
Speaker 12: You know, we mentioned Otani and his point six to er that is the second lowest RA in the National League. Who's got the lowest Justin Robleski at point five six. So the Dodgers' top two pitchers so far this season, at least statistically, Roblusky and O'tani have been utterly lights out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Dan, it's not just with one particular pitch either, And you know the fastball. He's got the second lowest batting average against with the fast balls one forty five. Who is the lowest in Major League Baseball Paul Skin, So one forty five for Otani, one twenty seven underheater thrown by Skins. But as you mentioned, also that the runners in scoring position a very low batting average against. But here's the other part. He hasn't had too many opportunities to pitch with in scoring position. Two runs last outing, but only one of those runs was earned. That was a game simply the Dodgers did not score or hit the ball particularly well with him on the mound.
Speaker 12: Well Yamamoto was the starter last night as the Dodgers improved their record at twenty two and thirteen. The Astros go with Peter Lambert, who has kicked around He's been with the Rockies, pitched in Japan last year, and so Otani for the Dodgers. Lambert for the Astros. Well lineup's the first pitch for the nights game. We're coming right up, Tim, all.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by uniclow Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclode dot com slash you as still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. Before we get to the first pitch thrown in tonight's game, we'll get you a preview this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Tim never Rick Monday. We'll get to those keys in the game.
Speaker 6: But up nice, we go high and tight with Dodger pitching coach Mark Pryor, Dodgers and Astros on this Tuesday of the Sinko to Mile.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Katz.
Speaker 6: It's back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Baseball, Dodgers on Deck continues, is we lead up to Dodgers and Astros show Hey Otani on the Mount San Dimas High Schools owned Peter Lambert.
Speaker 2: We'll go for the Ashros.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: Well, what better way to celebrate Sinco de Mayo and show Hey Otani being on the mound than checking in with the Dodgers pitching coach Mark Pryor. Mark, I hope you got some text Mex ready to go after the game tonight.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I gotta be honest, the non eating a whole lot out for these games. We got a quick turnaround tomorrow, so you know, we'll just spend the night show.
Speaker 5: Hey, Otani is on the mound for you tonight. Mark and Dave Roberts said after the game that he decided somewhere towards his third or fourth at bat that he was not going to have him lead off. And DH, were you part of those conversations to make that decision in the dugout? What goes into deciding, you know, what it may be best for him just to pitch tonight.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, ultimately that's that's Doc's call, and he's got a really good feel for what he's seeing in the moment, you know, and we're all seeing it kind of the dugout. I mean, he you know, he was running the bases, he got on base, he beat out that double play to get that one run, and then he's you know, first to third, first to home. You know, you can just see, you know, the amount of exertion that he was putting in as well as what he had done in the day already, you know, took IVP or not LIVP, took batting practice on the field early, been through a small bullpen to prepare for today, and then obviously what he did in the game, And so it's not a yes no or a black and white situation. I think you're just kind of reading like, what's you know, what's the workload that he's been putting in, and I think last night and given everything that you bake in from yesterday's pregame and during the game, it just seems to make sense. Like, you know, it's focus on the pitching because that's a tax I mean, that's obviously very taxing as it is. So I think it's more about just starts, you know, going to start to start, what has been going on leading up to that that start, and what maybe happened, you know, within the forty eight hours of that start. But again, I think Doc's got a really good feel and a good pulse of where show is physically, and then obviously watching what's going on in the field. I think if you know, he walks four times and it never leaves first base, you know, maybe there's a different decision and he didn't hit yesterday and stuff like that. So I think it's just trying to understand where he's at going into it and where he's at, you know, right before it, and making sure we're in the best position possible May fifth, as well as October fifth, And I think ultimately that's you know, you're trying to have the short short term goal or the short term view in the long term view.
Speaker 5: Here's the one part that I can't wrap my head around. Thirty one years old, he's the greatest player on the planet, trying to be the best at pitching and hitting like he has been his entire career. But as you know, Mark, as you get over thirty, the recovery time takes a little bit longer and a lot more maintenance. How is he able to do the recovery of making a start going six to seven innings and then you know, having to DH the next day or maybe even two days later. Is that something we fail to appreciate.
Speaker 8: There's always like a recovery aspect that as much as we've advanced in that, I don't know if there's a true appreciation for each individual. Some thirty one year olds I feel like they're twenty five, and some feel like they're forty five. You know, I think one thing he's really a master at is you know, what everybody's always given advice about is you know, get a lot of sleep, you know, and so I do know he values that and that's where you do recover. It's not always just like what you do. It's about allowing your body to actually recover, and that's that's probably sleeping, and so, you know, I think that's where he does. He's very disciplined on that aspect of it. But as far as everything else, again, I think it's just you know, he's he's done it before, and I think he's learning how to do it at a thirty one year olds, which again it is different than being in the mid twenties. But he does take care of himself extremely well, and you know, again we do our best to have an understanding of where he's at physically, and I think that's why you're seeing days like this where he's taking you know, half the game off and to let him do what he's been doing on the mound, which is has been pretty remarkable on its own, and that gets kind of lost in it because everybody wants to see the offensive side. But you know, obviously pitching, he's been a huge part of what we've done so far this year.
Speaker 5: Mark before I let you go, one last question show him been so good as a starting pitcher this year. Is there one pitch that impresses you the most out of his entire repertoire.
Speaker 2: Is it the sweeper?
Speaker 5: Is it the way he's adjusted his split fingered fastball. What's impressed you the most as far as one singular pitch that he's thrown.
Speaker 8: I don't think it's an actual pitch because I think at various times they're all you know, plus plus and you know it, you know, and he has a pretty good feel of what he wants to use. I think what's been really impressive is and when he's gotten into somebody's given him a you know, a pretty good battle, and his ability to adjust kind of his delivery. He you know, he messes with their timing and does a little hesitation in the middle of the delivery, or he does some quick steps. It's, you know, it's kind of that second third layer of the game that you know sometimes and for the majority of guys don't need or don't use. I shouldn't say they don't need it, they just don't use. But his ability to kind of tinker a little bit of just kind of pause a little bit mid delivery, mess up the hitters timing, and here comes ninety you know, upper nineties one hundred mine hour fastball, or here comes you know, a sixty nine mini hour curveball. You know. So I think that's been a pretty impressive thing is just playing the game as it's as it's unfolding. And we try to talk about don't go in there with such predetermined you know, concepts like listen to like watch the game, read the games. What the game is telling you is what the game needs. And I think that he's really good at that, you know, right now on the mound, is being able to make those adjustments. Those have been pretty impressive, if not comical at times, just because you don't see it very you know, very often. And when he busted it out the other day, I think those two starts ago, you're just like wow, Like it's just kind of like another it's a high level, high IQ move by him, and you know, you get some punch outs doing it or some ground balls and gets out of situations.
Speaker 5: So you're saying he reads swings as the game is going on. I always heard Krushaw say that all the time, that he's reading the swings and that will tell you what direction to go in.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think he's reading swings in therrection direction of pitches. But I think when he gets in these battles, it's and he understands the timing as a hitter more so than any other pitcher you know who's playing right now for obvious reasons. He understands the timing component of it and if he can mess with it, if he can gain that edge, he's going to do it. And again, I think it's just it's a high IQ mute move and it's fun to see and we talk about it with other guys and you see other guys do it. But to be able to do it as well as pitch and hit and do all those things, you know, it's it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 5: Well show Heyo Tani's workload is definitely the biggest of any player. But I don't know any other coach that has more on his plate than Connor McGinnis and Mark Pryor with all these great pitchers that they have on their staff, trying to help them maximize the best they can be. So Mark, thank you so much for the time. I know your day is very limited, so we appreciate you joining us.
Speaker 8: Oh, appreciate it. Thanks David.
Speaker 5: There he goes. Mark Pryor, Dodgers pitching coach, has been our guest. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 6: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV one of the good guys, Mark Pryor doing great stuff with these Dodger pitchers and good insight there on show hey Otani what he's thinking as we leads you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Ash shows up next. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Seed you up to Dodgers and Astros on the Sinco de Maya first pitcher of Houston coming up at five ten.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the dineck, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 6: Peter Lambert on the mound for Houston one and two three fifty two e R. A twenty nine year old right hander out of Sandemaz High School. He was the LA Times High School Player of the Year in twenty fifteen, made his Major League debut in twenty nineteen, went to Japan last year. Making his four start this year after coming up from triple A last time out. Four to third innings, two runs, two hits, three strikeouts, three walks in a loss to the Baltimore Oriols. The Dodgers have seen him quite a bit. Owen three against the Dodgers in his career in seven games, five starts with a ten to thirteen ERA show hey Otani on the Mountain two and one with a sub one Eerra the thirty one year old right hander making his six start. He's gone six innings at all of his starts this year. Opponents he just won sixty against him, the National League reigning pitcher of the Month. He is facing the Ashos for a fifteenth time in his career, rememory he pitched for the Angels all those years in the Al West. He is three and six with a three eighty nine ERA and ninety one strikeouts. Show Hey o Tani, Sandy miss his own Peter Lambert, it's the Dodgers and Astros were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are coming up next. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio nowhere.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your Home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 6: Long, Brago Casino Dodgers on de continues Dodgers and Astros show Hey Otani and Peter Lambertavici matchup. Getting ready for the start of the game with Saporo Start Great Moments.
Speaker 2: Start with Sapporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 6: Sapporo has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing lockers. Ah sounds so good right now. Sink with de Mile including light and non alcoholic beers. They got it for everybody. Sapporo Good with sushi, Great with baseball. Back out to the booth one final time.
Speaker 2: Before first pitch. Tim never Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 7: Tim, thanks again. Show Hey Otani getting the start tonight two and one with a zero point six zero earned run average. The reigning National League Player of the Month, the lowest ERA and Major League Baseball. He'll make his twentieth career regular season start as a Dodger and some conversation in the Dungeout with Dave Roberts a little while ago, mo about show Hey whether or not they will give him tomorrow off as a hitter up against a day off on Thursday. He's old for his last seventeen as a hitter. But I think with show Hey every day is kind of like how does he feel and how does the team feel that they should use him back?
Speaker 9: And it's a heavy workload. I mean, I don't understand how he's able to do it. It's it's mind boggling how he's able to do it both as a hitter and then working on the pitching on top of that. And it's also mind boggling. We start to look, if you're a hitter and he had two strikes against you against show Hey Tani this year, how about an sixty seven batting average against he gets ahead, we have not seen too many hits at all. And by the way, leadoff hitters of innings that he has faced, he's given up a hit just two times to a leadoff hitter.
Speaker 10: Show Hey, O.
Speaker 7: Tony back on the Hill. Peter Lambert, the former Colorado Rocky, makes his first start against the Dodgers, as an astro Dodgers astros coming up shortly.
Speaker 6: All right, first pitch is next. Don't forget after the game. David Vassie's got your cover with all the postgame festivities including Dodger Talk as well. Enjoyed everybody, Dodgers and Stros. Next, I'm Tim Gates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network