Speaker 1: The News Junkie starts now. It is Wednesday, July fifteenth, twenty twenty six. Wats to get to today? From Georgia data center drama to an epic pick aside over a sidewalk battle and the cyclost for outbreak just broke wide open, plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text, san more Sea Ladies. Here, Josh is with us. Good day, and so are you. You can send us a dispatch today. Go to thenewsjunkie dot com. Hit recorded your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the Newsjunkie. Your message is rolling right to the studio at a real time. How is everybody doing on on Wednesday? Yeah? Very well? How are you good? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm excited about today.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: There is a lot to get into. That's what judges whether or not I'm feeling good. Sometimes in the morning, I hate to say it, but it's like, hey, is there a lot to talk about? Today? Is a big fat yeh? I am I gonna have to work today? Or do I have to go create some news? Which it's been desperate enough. I'll just be honest with you around reflecting pool or whatever algae times I was thinking about going out to start some news myself. I was thinking about hitting the trail and trying to get a headliner to myself. But we're out of that now. We've got some fun along the way. So let's see what's happening here. Let's put our ears at the ground, our fingers on the pulse, unless see what's going on to this great, big, wide world of ours. This is an unbelievable, unbelievable clip, and I cannot believe this is real, Sile and you censored this right before the show. It's scary, apocalyptic you think is a good word for this one, I would agree. Yeah, holy cow, Josh. This is in rural Canada, in a little place called Armstrong on tail Oh yeah, right, So there's a fire in Armstrong, Ontario, and somehow, some way the train ends up driving through the fire. And a lot of options on train forward. He's got a plent It's gotta you having to make a decision. Do we wait for this problem to pass us or do we just drive right through.
Speaker 2: Here's how it wents.
Speaker 1: This could potentially overtake us here. This has getting a little scary. Yeah, okay, this is okay, I'll need to hurry up here, like seriously, we're in CA. Yeah, they're Canadians, so they're a little subdued folks. But just know it looks like the biggest hell fire inferno you have ever seen in your entire life. All right, that's what it looks like in this train and they're cruising right through the fire. Somebody says, nothing polar about this express. Yeah, very true. Yeah, this is the opposite of the Polar Express, the Solar Express. Ah. I mean I'll put this up on sea. You hear us, Yeah, I can hear you there. If now the knock it up, step it up, Jody. I guess they're just trying to drive through it or you know whatever. But it's so bad and they're just I think they're going very slow too.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, this kind of burnt off. So we'll be okay. Now, Yeah, we're good. No worries, not super high. I don't know, but i'd have to imagine driving a train. Even though you're in a train through an inferno, it's gonna get hot inside the train, like you're cooking, right, aren't you literally cooking? One would think, yeah, like this is what it's like to be in ann That's that's the feeling that you're getting there.
Speaker 2: It's a visual and it's a crazy one.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna pop this up during the break on see it now so you guys can take a peek, because my god, is there anything worth watching the rest of the sea lane. I don't know that. They just kind of talk some more.
Speaker 5: It's more of them being calm, and then I can't tell if they It sounds like they're getting out of it, but it doesn't look like they're getting out of it. Maybe they just the engines are back on and they're moving in the other direction or something.
Speaker 1: The guy just said it's getting a lot better now or something, and I'm like, is it getting better? With this still looks like a nightmare? Guy's got it late now or what? The train must have known that late? You got that light? Oh they're clipping O. Why is anybody still moving on these tracks right now? Holy cow? Well they're okay, can't sit in fire? Yeah, this is a fire, Josh that was across western Ontario, Canada, and it's the smoke from it going to be covering tonight and into tomorrow morning. Boston, New York City and Philadelphia. So if you're in those areas and you see a whole bunch of smoke, it gets real smoky. This what these trains were driving through, literally is that exact fire that's causing all of this in Ontario, Canada. But thankfully everybody's okay there, at least as far as we can tell right now. Unbelievable and the big battle that has been brewing forever in a day has finally come to a head here. And we learned yesterday right after the show that the House of Representatives, those are the political folks in Washington and one of the chambers, they passed legislation to make daylight Saving Time permanent nationwide, ending the twice a year clock changes by a three hundred and eight I believe it, and seventeen can I see it and look by partisan and other people saying yay to this bill that would lock us on And here's where the problem kind of arises. It will lock us on daylight saving time and we would not go back to like the regular with the standard time spending time, the spending time version of things. And it was Republicans one ninety three YA twenty two against with a nay vote, Democrats one fourteen YA, ninety five nay, Independent one YEA. So like almost no, not not almost everybody, but in two thirds of the people in Congress voted to pass this through the House and then it heads to the Senate. If it passes in the Senate, it will go to Trump's desk, and Trump will be able to determine with a veto or not a vito, and he ain't going to veto it that the daylight saving situation will change forever, or at least until we decide we don't like that anymore.
Speaker 2: But here's how it happened.
Speaker 1: In the in the chambers, they're getting the final vot vats in literally passing them over. Oh the A three eight seventeen. He hasn't had his bourbon yet. He's scared because he knows what's happening now. He loves standard time. The war is on, folks. I saw here's one of the responses. I've seen two million views. Just a few A political things to consider here says this person.
Speaker 2: A political means not political. In case you're wondering.
Speaker 1: One, we already tried this back in nineteen seventy four, when permanent Daylight saving time had seventy nine percent public support per polling, but rapidly became unpopular after very late winter sunrises, and it was canceled within two years.
Speaker 2: So we did this back in nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 1: Fool you twice. Shame on me.
Speaker 2: Don't get fulled again. Yeah, we won't get fulled again.
Speaker 1: Number two, the impacts of permanent daylight saving time are going to be especially pronounced near the edges of the time zones. We're already especially late or early sunrises and sunsets are going to be come almost absurdly late or early, depending on the time of year. And then somebody says standard time should be made more permanent. That's what a lot of people want it. There's people going, whoa hold on? Hold on? Permanent standard time is the one that we wanted. It feels like we went with daylight saving time. You wanted permanent daylight time. I don't I want the one that is the hold on. Let me check, let me check. Here's here's what this is going to look like. If daylight saving Time is observed year round in the winter, the sunrise in Florida will be eight o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: In New York eight a twenty right around the same.
Speaker 1: In it. Well, let's go over to New Orleans seven point fifty seven sunrise, Dallas eight thirty sunrise. I mean, it's not that bad when the sun comes up at ate something that's bad for sunway kids. I mean, I don't have kids at the bus stop. I have kids that are twenty five years old. Or car works. Yeah, well, hold on, his car broke down. That's that is not at the bus stop. Oh yeah, yeah, his car is functioning. I thought I had another problem on my hands. Don't need that for anm mite. Eight o'clock or so would be when during the winter the sun came up, and then obviously the sun would go down later at night. But that's what I like. I'm not up that early. This is a selfish thing on my part. I understand. I'm somebody who would be fine with this, or I'd be fine with the other side too, if you just want to stay on the other side of it. But I feel like now they can't undo what they've done. They've passed this in the House of Representatives to keep permanent daylight saving time, and if they go, whoops, we're dummies. We screwed this up. Let's unwind it. It's never it's never ever going to work in their favor.
Speaker 5: What would be the what would be the extreme inconvenience for people if we kept permanent standard time. So right now it's saying the sun would rise too late for people. Yeah, eight nineteen in Orlando, eight oh nine in Miami, eight twenty in New York. That would be too late for people during the winter. That's the latest winter sunrise. Does that mean if we kept permanent standard time that during the summer, like say right where we are right now, middle of the year, early July to mid July, we would start seeing a sunset at like four or five Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It all gets too confusing for me because there's different times a year, different time zones. So it would be in the winter that the sun was coming up the sunrise was at seven o'clock in the morning instead of eight o'clock in the morning, So that some people would like that it depends on what your day is. It really that's not what you do. So they farm said, like we tried this in nineteen seventy four, people got upset about it after it was super popular and the popularity dropped and they changed it back. So I don't even know if the Senate will do this or not do this, but that's where we are right now. They did a vote on this, and yesterday they passed this in the House of Representatives.
Speaker 2: Could we forever be on daylight saving time?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Possibly we shall see friend all right. A couple of emails kicking us off here on the show, as per usual tips at the neewsjunkie dot com. Heather in New Samirna Beach emails the show help. She says, Hey, News Junkie croup. I know you're getting flooded with lots of questions, but this happened to me yesterday and I'd really like to know what was going on. When did it become a crime to fall asleep in your car? I'm a very tired uber eats and door dash driver. I do food deliveries full time. Unfortunately right now while I'm job hunting, Well good for you for getting out there. It has been impossible to find a job and if possible, to make any money doing this full time, as all my money goes towards gas and I can't pay any bills, so I'm struggling right now, and I'm working around the clock barely sleeping. So I sleep in my car a lot trying to keep going. I'm falling asleep by accident a lot. I'll get all my gas from wah Wah and then I'll fall asleep. Okay, so wuah Wah A couple of times they've fallowed asleep. I constantly get pulled over a while sleeping. Wait, wait, ohoa, whoa you get pulled over a while sleeping and I have to explain to the cops. Now, I'm not drunk. It's perfectly fine. I'm just really tired. But yesterday one of the Wahwah locations where it's happened to me more than once, the woman flipped out on me. She would like to ban me. I'm a paying customer. I buy all my gas from wah Wah every single day. I buy gas probably every other day, and I buy food, so I spend a lot of money there.
Speaker 2: And I used a bathroom.
Speaker 1: Now every time somebody catches me sleeping, they go in and tell them I'm sleeping in my car. The manager said, came back, came with backup like I was gonna fight her or something, and then she said you can't sleep here. I fell asleep by accident. Why is this such a big deal in such a crime, despite the fact that I'm in my own car and seem to remember my dad falling asleep many times when I was growing up like this, Why is there such a big deal now? Much love, Heather? Really interesting? I mean, if you're if you're just taking a little nap. I mean, this is what zoomers do during the day, isn't it. Uh No, in movie theaters. With the story I saw, I don't know. I don't think this is actually true, but I'll bring it up here just in case. But the story was that the that Zoomer workers were so tired at work that they would go to the movie theaters where they had passes, and they would just take a nap during the day in the movie theaters and like movie pass Yeah. Here here's the story here. Gen Z employees can't bear the nine to five grinds, so they're using lunch breaks to nap and cry and bizarre places throughout in New York City. I again, I don't know if there's any truth at all to this, but that's what the story says. Gen Z employees can't bear the nine to five grinds. So they're using lunch breaks to nap and cry bizarre places throughout New York City. And she's saying, like, look, I'm out there, I'm working a butt off.
Speaker 2: I'm tired.
Speaker 1: Can I take a little nap, a little siesta as it were, take a little nap inside of my car at a wall wall parking lot?
Speaker 2: Is that such a crime?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I think if you're the wah wah, that's on you know, it's your decision on whether or not you you say, all right, i'd I allow people to sleep in parking spaces in my parking lot, or I don't and go on your way, Like, would that not be their private property the parking lot?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so so it would be so.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you have to look historically at places that are friendly to sleeping in your car, I think Walmart is the place that like allows people to park our vs overnight right.
Speaker 2: For two weeks before they figure it.
Speaker 1: Out, sometimes wait for the smell to pop up. But I've heard nobody's not.
Speaker 2: Allowed to be dead. Josh, you don't know.
Speaker 1: I've heard that you can sleep in a Walmart parking lot Before I don't know if that's true. I've heard that you could like park your RV there over night. I don't know if any of these things are true, but emailer, thank you for that. We'll throw it out to the people. We'll see what they say about this. Ed emails the show tips at the news Junkie dot com. He said on yesterday's Pick a Side at Jersey Mike's I'm so tired of the entitled people who think their birthday is a national holiday. True.
Speaker 2: I came up with a way to get rid of them.
Speaker 1: Ed says, I say, I left your present on your bed this morning, and they say, there's nothing on my bed. And then I said, see you found it. That's exactly what I left you, nothing And they always get mad and walk away. All right, Ed, thank you Forirn Farnell never never recover. Thank you for the email ed tips of the News Junkie Dad. It works for Ed all right, You too can email the show. It's as easy as Ed made it seem. Tips at the News Junkie dot com. If you want to be anonymous, put that right up on top. Okay, busy, busy show today. As I said, more details about this stomach illness. This this weird case that's gone around the United States of America. It's blown wide open. So I want to talk about that for sure. We got to pick a side on the way. And then the most unbelievable story in quite a while is coming up at the top of the hour loaded up today and it's all coming up next on the news junkie, just out of curiosity. Are we all positive that we don't have cyclospora today? We're all good? No, good to hear Josh. You see, Lane, I think I had a dream that I got it.
Speaker 6: Oh that's when you wake up and you're like, oh no, was the.
Speaker 1: Dream like an absolute, unrelenting fountain coming out of you?
Speaker 5: You know, I don't remember exactly, but I just I had this. Somebody mentioned cyclospora this morning, and I was like, why am I having a weird feeling like I dreamt about cyclospora, which honestly sounds like the worst use of my dream.
Speaker 1: Time if I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna think about it, Like, realistically, do you know it's so brutal about this.
Speaker 2: If you don't know about this, this is this thing.
Speaker 1: It's spreading way faster than anybody knows right now, and it's a stomach bug from this little tiny creature, and the creature is in lettuce or some sort of produce. They're not exactly sure Taco Bell taking a hit on this, but there's no proof, no evidence As of right now when I say this, there's no evidence that Taco Bell was responsible. But their stock has been plummeting because of all the headlines and people connecting this cyclo sporesis or whatever cyclospora connecting it to Taco Bell and leafy lettuce. Taco Bell just decided to remove pico, lettuce, guacamole and cilantros and stuff from their menu. They don't want to make things worse than they already are, but their stock has gotten hit really, really hard. The worst part, I think I.
Speaker 5: Heard Jimmy or somebody point out, like they're removing all the things that make them like, like like half the things that make the Mexican like just a little pico de gayo and cilantro go a long way to make something, you know, a lot more text.
Speaker 1: Mechs, more texts than mechs at the moment right now is what they're sure leaning on. That's where they find themselves. But the brutal part about this apparently, and I don't wish it on you. I wish it on that one person, but I don't wish it on you. I swear it's because this thing is It's called cyclospora for a reason. What happens is when you get this, you feel absolutely terrible. You have cramps and pains in your stomach so bad that you can't function, you don't want to go to work. You're just kind of laid out in bed, that's how bad your stomach pains are. And when you're not just sitting there doubled over from the stomach pains from this cyclospora thing that's spreading around, well, then you're in the bathroom. And I won't go into detail, but suffice to say it is really bad in the bathroom. They keep using the word explosive. Explosive in the headlines is a lot for me. It is. But here's the kicker. Take the word itself, cyclospora, and right in there you find to me one of the worst parts. They call it cyclospora because it goes in cycles, and you think it's gone completely and then bam, it comes back and gets you again, and then you think it's gone again. And then boom it comes. For weeks and or months you are feeling like this. So if there ever was a good time to stay away from produce or wash the hell out of it, now would probably be that time for you. Now would be the time to do that. Some of us have very strange ideas of what happens with food that hits our counters, food that goes into our refrigerators. All of those ideas, I think to evaporate from your head if you just knew how this whole process works. Like I think, people think, well, they're like bleaching these and there's nothing on them at all, and there's no you know, there's no problem. No, the protest you get is still it's a little bit dirty, it's got some stuff on it, it's got some bad stuff on it. And these infections have been making their way all through the Midwest. I said this, and you can agree with me or disagree whatever, But I guess there's about five thousand plus cases, which beats the US record in the past of this particular issue.
Speaker 2: It's exploding.
Speaker 1: But I think right now the amount of people with this cyclospora is another zero after that, because I don't think people want to admit it. When people used to say, oh, I tested positive for COVID or testing you know, even some of the stigma has fallen off of HIV.
Speaker 2: For God's sake.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you used to come out and you'd be like, I test a positive for HIV, and at first they would shun you and nobody would want to be near you. But now people go, okay. You know, things have changed there, and with psyclospora, there's still a lot of stigma because of the explosive elements of those headlines. So just be aware that is absolutely floating around out there. If you had any issues, maybe you feel a little rough right now, let us know. Send a dispatch at the Newsjunkie dot com or an email to tips Tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. Quick moment here for you. This is I'm gonna play this for you. You tell me if you think the officer should be in trouble. I have a feeling I know where people are going to go here. This is happening in Las Vegas, Nevada. And this is bodycam footage from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. The original incident that I'm about to play for you. Happen on May fifteenth, but it's just now making the rounds. The police officer is about to pull somebody over. Now when you you're the interaction that follows in just a second, when I click play, I want you to consider whether this would happen to you, Whether this would happen to Joe Blow, whether this would happen to Somemrando. You know, you're John Jacob out there who's just hanging out and enjoying life in Las Vegas, Nevada. Or whether this is.
Speaker 2: What you might call special treatment.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Here's the officer pulling over this vehicle.
Speaker 7: Hello, hy doing, sir, Good sergeant, chego at your police. The reason I'm stopping he is for the little martin I'm aware, for the red light violation back there. You're right turn onto guiles here, so you're good to go, sir. Appreciate you have a good day.
Speaker 2: That's it, okay.
Speaker 1: So to bring you into this a little deeper, because there's some of that you probably miss. When the officer comes up, he sort of hits his hands on the sill of the guy's vehicle window, if you can call it that, and he hits his hands on there, and I mean as fast as he could say it. The driver says, I'm Joe Lombardo. You guys probably already know where this is going if you haven't looked it up. But have you have you googled Joe Lombardo? You have you the governor of Nevada. That's right, Sea Land, Yeah, he's the governor of the state of Nevada.
Speaker 2: That the officer has pulled.
Speaker 1: Over, he says, as fast as he can when he just apparently ran a red light and the officer pulled him over. He says, I'm Joe Lombardo, and the cop goes, I know.
Speaker 7: Clo you doing, sir, good sergeant checkom at your police The reason I'm stopping here is for the right.
Speaker 1: There, like he couldn't even get to the reason why he was stopping. I'm Joe Lombardo. I'm Joe Lombardo. I'm aware for there.
Speaker 2: You're right turn onto guiles.
Speaker 1: Here and he says, come on, man, and then the officer you're going to go, sir, You're good to go? All right? Would I have been good to go? Would you have been good to go? Would everybody else have been good to go? Or is this the treatment? You get when you're the governor. Because in my world, let's call it Shawn World, okay, population, everybody who wants to come uh yeah, In in Shawn world, if the governor or, do I have to do it at Sean wal Yeah, you know what I meant by that, you move past it. In Shawn World, everybody that gets in trouble, whether they're the governor, or the chief of police, or the president of the United States or I don't care the head of the HOA, every single person should be treated exactly the same. You either violated a rule or you didn't the idea that this guy does. I'm Joel Lobarto. I'm Joel Lobarto. I ask you, is that fair? Is this fairness? And is this and the answer to this is obviously yes, But I'll wait for you to say it. Is this one something that happens all the time, because I think we all know how this goes, right, I think we all know how this goes. Kevin says, didn't Sean do that to the SWAT team once? Do you know who I am? I did not, sir, No, I did not do that. You are remembering it wrong. That's not how it went, but this guy did, and he said it immediately and it worked. The cops like that, Okay, see you later, have a good day. So I asked you, is that fair?
Speaker 2: The answer is no.
Speaker 1: This is a spoiler alert. Maybe some of you think, no, the guy's the governor. They should treat them like this. Fang on TMJ chats's politicians should have to pay double Actually, anybody who tries to pull the name drop should have to pay extra. I could get behind that. I could.
Speaker 2: I think, you know what, Let me ask you this. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: What is the purpose of the governor dropping his name the moment the police officer walks up to the vehicle. What's the purpose of that? Because I would suggest, if you agree he lent, I would suggest it's like, hey, do you know what you're getting into right here? This could be the end of your job if you give me a ticket. I don't know if I if I saw it as a threat. I mean, he did say it very quickly, that that was a little about it.
Speaker 5: He's the guy was almost not finished saying his name, and it seemed like the police officer looked, looked up who it was, sees who it was says, I'm just gonna go up I've already pulled the guy over. I'm just gonna go up here, tell him what he did, and you know, try to drive better, be on your way right. And like, even if that were my plan, if he came at me like that, I would have been like, um, you know, just pissed me off enough to want to write him a ticket because it's a little annoying for me.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite things ever, and it was taken away from me because they reversed this. But there was a police officer one time on a video we played on the show, and uh, the police officer pulled over another kind and the cop was apoplectic, just the upset, nuclear upset, that's what I mean by that. Was so upset about this other fellow cop pulling them over when they were clearly speeding on their way to work, and they're like, what do you do? How could you do that? And then the cop drove away from the police stop and ran out of there, which for all any of us would have been evading the scene or whatever. It would be running away from the crime itself. And that I was like, that cop was so brave for pulling over another cop and sticking them to it for a little while, but then they reversed it. This is sort of just how it is out there. You drop your name, you drop your position. Isay, that shouldn't be the way it is. The video shows a traffic stop of former Clark County sheriff in current Nevada Governor Joe Lombardo, in an incident where an officer said he failed to stop at a red light, but he just.
Speaker 2: Let him go.
Speaker 1: See you later. Have a nice day, he said the statement on this Two months ago, Governor Lebardo and his wife were briefly pulled over on their way to the airport by the police department over a question about whether Governor Lobardo would come to a complete stop while turning. He spoke with the officer, fully complied with all instructions, and was promptly on his way. He remains grateful for the professionalism of the officer involved. It was just very professional stuff. So let me know what you think. Is that fair? Hit us up tips at the Newsjunkie dot com or send a dispatch at the newsjunkie dot com. Right now, quick break, I have some audio that we need to investigate. Allegedly a sound omitted while a person was giving a very high profile speech. Was that sound emanated from this person's body? We'll investigate together. I've got to pick a side for you and a whole bunch more. It's coming up next on the Newsjunkie. I've got an audio clip to investigate here. And then people are ragging on somebody for the National Anthem performance they did. But I listened to a little bit of it. I wanted to play it for everybody because I didn't really think it was that bad. I just didn't, you know. I collect all the things I collect for the show. I saw people just completely losing it over this National Anthem performance, and I thought, what the hell, what what are you? What are you even talking about? So I'll play that for you in a moment too. I was talking during the break. I was right about this when I talked about it when all of this was happening. Some of you are still dumb and wrong about this. Snoop frog, Please get a hold of yourself. You're embarrassing yourself. I said, I think like three or four months ago on the show. I'd go back to the clip if I could find it in the archives, but I wasn't doing transcripts. Then I told everybody I had heard what was going on with some contract negotiations on the satellite radio side of things, and I said, I had heard that Howard's term was going to go to like a one day almost like a podcast sort of thing where they just did like one celebrity interview and that's it, that was the entire thing.
Speaker 2: Or they were just going to fire him there.
Speaker 1: They were going to be two of those options were up on the table, and that's exactly what happened. And I told you, look, when it comes to radio stuff, I know, I know some people in the industry. I talk to people in the industry. I talk to people all over the place. I happen to know what's going on. And then afterwards, Snoop Frog says, Lol, that's page six info right there. Like I love when sometimes people in chat like that, Like, I don't want to pick on you too much, Snoop Frog, I love you at all, right, but I'm not getting this information from page six, just for the record, I'm getting from Barrett Media, which is a radio industry publication that people know and respect that you've never heard of in your entire life. That's probably where page six is getting it from or something. But I'm also getting the information for people who know about these things. There is like a weird thing that happens online. And when you find only know about this, Look, he's still doing it, dude. One news outlet says it, and it's page six. You are sort of a symptom of a problem that I see a lot. Right now, it's this wrong and loud at the same time, right is a wrong and loud, and you're like, why do you think you know more about this than somebody else? And you don't usually notice these things until Like one thing that I always see from people is if you're part of a news story. If you're part of a story that's in the news and then you start to see it get coverage and you see everybody talking about it, you're like, oh god, oh good God, no one knows what they're talking about. It only hits you when you have the level of expertise or you're involved in a story like that. Like let's say you were somewhere in a tragic attack happened and you started to see the stories pop up about it. That'll be the moment in your life, where you go, oh God, everybody's talking about this and no one has any idea what they're talking about. That is how the media tends to operate. They operate in these ways. I don't operate that way. You could believe that or don't believe that, but you know, you'll find out a lot of times that it ends up being true if I say something like that.
Speaker 2: If it's not, call me out. That's what I'm doing around here.
Speaker 1: Now, let's get to this national anthem really quickly, because I just don't get it.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: First things first, it's Patty Leabelle, who when we put Patti LaBelle in the legend category, I thought so I would say, Patti Leabelle is a legend. She's a pretty damn impressive performer, and she's got beautiful voice and has been relevant for what sixty years? Now? Am I overdoing it? No, She's been around for quite some time. And she was singing the national anthem at the All Star Game. And I've talked before about these kind of performances, and I said, one thing that kind of sucks is if you sign on to do the national anthem, if you don't comple completely drill it. Everybody is so mean about this song. There's so many people that be whoa way too far.
Speaker 5: So the story we never hear this story about like they have taken to singing America the Beautiful at a lot of sports events too. Yeah, and see the song is basically seen as an also ran and nobody goes, oh my gosh, did you hear how Josh Fowler butchered America the Beautiful?
Speaker 1: Uh huh? I mean it was the most ugly beautiful that I've ever heard in my life. Yeah, there's a lot of people who get upsete of this. I'll go to the source material in this one. Let me play it for you. Here's Patti LaBelle doing the national anthem at the All Star Game? Is it that bad? The headline I have says legendary singer blasted for disrespectful national anthem twist before MLB All Star Game. My guess is, without looking too deep into this, this is like one person on social media.
Speaker 5: Okay, disrespectful twist? Did you change a lyric that she's singing in cursive like some people get mad about.
Speaker 2: I think she changed the pace a little bit.
Speaker 1: Here she is and they're building like a flag on the field, not the football kind. Can you sing what the domser line? All right? You could tell she's slowed it down, and she brought a different rhythm to it. But it's Patty LaBelle and it doesn't sound that bad to me.
Speaker 8: What we.
Speaker 1: At the wine.
Speaker 9: Like flat.
Speaker 1: Aggravate on YouTube? Say Sean, are you s word PD on Instagram? No, I am not, but we we do know who that is. Yeah, we do know who that is, but it is not me.
Speaker 9: Broad and Bridestock throve the patroles.
Speaker 2: What's the I think I like it?
Speaker 1: You know what it is.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't think this is the problem, but you know, one of the things I like about it.
Speaker 1: She's kind of.
Speaker 5: The pace seems slow, but that's just because of the drum beat they picked the This is actually kind of a fast pace.
Speaker 1: For the national anthem. So she's moving faster than it seems. You know, Aretha Franklin, Oh does she go slow? I don't remember. It wasn't that Aretha Franklin that I only remember ROSI o'donald right, Roseanne Bar, Yeah, I remember Roseanne Bar. I think this sounds nice. I don't know what the reaction would be that would make anybody. And again this isn't more of like the fake news type of thing of taking one person on Twitter and highlighting those people the heckler's veto. So ninety percent of the country goes, yeah, Patti LeBell killed it sound a great, beautiful voice. And then they find the one heckler who posts always on like Twitter or Facebook or something, and they bring that person forward and that gets to be the represent for what people.
Speaker 2: Thought about this.
Speaker 1: That's why I keep talking in these ways, and I'm talking to you, stop saying we you represent you as a person. That's it. This person on Twitter represents them.
Speaker 2: As a person.
Speaker 1: But the news articles will always be like blasted, the crowds blasted or for disrespectful anthem. That's good, right, Oh yeah, quick check how old is she?
Speaker 2: Because she's hitting the notes?
Speaker 1: Eighty two years old? What yeah, what do you want? She's hitting the notes. She sounds good. It's not disrespectful, like there's something else about that. How do you expect everybody to get on board together with this sort of Hey, we're all Americans sing. If you take somebody's performance like this and go that's disrespectful. Now, if she was farting into the microphone to the tune of the national anthem drum. I'd agree, I would agree. I would say, yes, so can we got a problem here? But I thought that was fine.
Speaker 2: Folks.
Speaker 1: You could tell me if you didn't, but I thought it was good. I didn't care for her changing the word free to flag, but it's much ado about nothing. Somebody said she still sings better than me, but I gotta admit I sure, miss Whitney, Well, get over it. She change the flag? Did she mess that up? Yeah, she might have made a mistake, and there was some flag. Patty LaBelle is one of our greatest singers. Why people think they have to add their own twist to the national anthem boggles my mind. To leave it alone. It was not meant to be sung with runs or making it your own. Stop it to people post stuff like this on social media. I would like to tell you something. Do you think if you went back to the original moment where the national anthem was written? Do you think that the person it would have heard it today and gone, That's exactly how I wanted it. Well, I think that.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean I wouldn't even take that out of it. Wasn't it a poem?
Speaker 1: First? Yes, yeah, it was a poem. Was it a Francis scott Key?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And wrote it under a bridge where people were firing rockets over him or something, I don't know, rockets right, the ramparts were flying off and and I don't think that car is broken. I think he would be upset about his bridge being knocked down. But I think Francis Scott Key would go, hey, what is this?
Speaker 2: What is this song?
Speaker 1: This person is singing? This is not what I had in mind. So the idea, you're like, well, they're changing it, leave it alone. It was not meant to be this way. I think you're just used to the way that you've been hearing it. And I thought it was good. Again, I didn't think, I don't need to go any longer about this. I thought it was a decent perform. It's was it the best I ever heard? Was it Whitney Houston?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: But like how weird? It was really good? Yeah? I thought it, but it was really good. It was it the best I've ever heard?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: Was it Whitney Houston. But that's also a weird thing too, Like Whitney Houston is once in a lifetime voice. For God's sake, Not everybody's going to be there, but she was good. Well, let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com right now.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna play this quickly.
Speaker 5: I mean, you don't you don't want to know what Francis scott Key, you know, thinks about it. He might have some very offensive answers. You know, you played this for Francis.
Speaker 1: Ko Key and he goes, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa in a second, yeah, there might be a totally different version of what they think that would all sound like. And not to mention, isn't it just a ripoff? Didn't we just rip off another song? Now that I don't like the national anthem folks, don't get me wrong, I do. Are you talking about the actual music of the song. Isn't it like isn't God Saved the Queen? Almost the same? Exactly?
Speaker 2: Act like, no, it's not.
Speaker 1: There's there's a song like that where we just took it and then we were like, all right, this is the American version.
Speaker 6: Now, he says, it's set to the music of eighteenth century British drinking song called the Anacreontic song.
Speaker 2: Can you bring that up for me? Thereontic song?
Speaker 1: We're drinking and we're drink. Here, there we go.
Speaker 2: Yeh see wait we figured this out.
Speaker 1: Ll be here. If this is a rip off, right, let me see. Franciscott Q would be like, oh my god, you guys ripped them off. It was supposed to be to the tune of Informer by Snow what are you doing? Oh city can?
Speaker 11: Oh? Yeah, oh they you know what we need to do.
Speaker 1: We need to get somebody from the seventeen hundred's, We need to bring them to modern times and put them on social media. So when a woman posts this, like why would you veer away from the original, if Francis Scott Key could crack his knuckles and be like, the original was nothing like this, what are you talking about? You know there would be somebody complained about it. From those standards, I think that would be worth paying attention to. I have the audio clip that I want to investigate. I'll save it for after the break. I didn't want to I wanted to get this done with, but we'll save that for after the break.
Speaker 2: We'll investigate.
Speaker 1: And then this data center story that is just mind blowing. You cannot miss out on this, It's coming up next. And then you use junkie. This is wild and I only see the tide turning more on this, especially after the clip I'm about to play for you because it's gonna get your blood.
Speaker 2: Boiling a little bit.
Speaker 1: But when you ask anybody now, do you want a data center in your neighborhood or would you allow a data center in your neighborhood? My god, have they lost this battle? These data centers are like it's one of the most things that is universally hated by Americans right now. They don't want data centers in their area. And they have plenty of reasons to feel that way. Honest to God, they do because a lot of the stuff you hear about data centers there's a bunch of lies. Like they'll say, well, it's going to bring a lot of jobs to the area, But actually, I don't mean to be the actually guy, but I'm going to here. When they build a data center somewhere, the jobs come in from the construction of the data center, and then as far as big buildings go, I think a data center probably has the fewest employees you could ever have. I mean compared to the size of them. Sure, yeah, there's a big giant building that just kind of runs, and you've got a.
Speaker 2: Couple of high paid people.
Speaker 1: But all of this happens at the expense of so many other people in the neighborhood. And this one particular story has really got my attention, So stick with me here on this because this happened in Georgia, and to me, one of the best things that you can seek out in life is to be a homeowner and to have some pride in your own place and to pass along some generational wealth, hopefully to your family members and then on down the line, and really owning a home and homeownership is the best way to make sure that your kids do well after you, and their kids after them, And it really can push you up out of poverty if you are the first one in your family to achieve that. So I think it's great, I think it's American, and I wish for everybody, even at a tough time, to do it. That you can get your own house someday. But imagine you get that house and you love it and it's yours, and you're paying for it, or maybe even have paid it off, and then the State of Georgia this case comes to you and says we'll be taking that house from you. Because that's exactly what has happened in this case. And just so you believe me, let me run some of the details from CBS News says Georgia families lose homes due to data centers and the family members that they interview on this it's just enough to make you think twice about it.
Speaker 12: Listen up here, you uners in Georgia are being given an ultimatum to sell their homes or the state will get this take it to make way for AI data centers. Who's correspondent Skyler Henry has more.
Speaker 1: I'm a single mom. I worked hard for everything. How do you put a.
Speaker 13: Price on a home you never intended to sell one? Filled with me, You're decades of memories.
Speaker 14: I think I was five or six when this was built.
Speaker 1: The yard where you buried your pets, okay, like these people have lived there for a while as kids, they were there. There's a pet to show the pets. They showed the vie to show all the pets. See there's five of them. I know I can see they're buried in the pet cemetery, and the little kids are out here, they're sad. What's happening here is a little thing that you might hear of called eminent domain. Now, I will very quickly explain to you if you don't know what eminent domain is. This is something that county city states usually can use to get somebody to be forced to leave their homes and property if it is in the public interest that something else go in that space. Usually it's for moving around water or I mean even it could be oil. Usually they don't do that, though. Highways is probably the most common reason. You got an interstate that's going to go through and it's going to help so many people out, But there's a person's home that's in the way, and through eminent domain, they just take that person's home from them. And this is what they're trying to use here, eminent domain to take these people's home.
Speaker 2: And here's why this is happening.
Speaker 13: The greenhouse that fed your family. When you talk about what being on this property means to you, Yeah, right, it's y'alls.
Speaker 14: It's ours, she's crime family. We belong here.
Speaker 13: But Anthley Brown's childhood home likely won't be here much longer. That's because the state's largest utility, Georgia Power, says it needs the area to make way for a thirty five mile long transmission line. Georgia Power has already happened for as long as Ansley's mother has owned this problem.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm a stop right here. They show the property here, and as they're walking along and on one side, there already is a huge, huge stretch of land with massive power lines. Next to those massive power lines, which do god knows what to your kids' brains, there's a massive hedge that this family has built so that they don't have to look at them. And then they have their house and their property. But that's not enough. That's not enough room because now there's a data center that they're trying to move into this area in Georgia. The data center needs more power, they need more power lines, and they need these people. They need their property. They must take it. And that's what's happening own this property. It's just beyond the tree line.
Speaker 13: Now with the expansion of this latest project, they're looking to take the two and a half acres the house sits on. Georgia Power says increasing demands has outpaced the capacity of its existing grid, and building a new transmission line requires acquiring more than three hundred parcels of land, including residential properties.
Speaker 2: So it's not just them.
Speaker 1: Other people are going to have their homes taken away from them so that they can have even more room to have even more big power lines. You might say, well, Sean, just like the roads and the interstates you were talking about are a public good and it benefits everybody, so will these power lines. But the main reason that they want to build up this area with these new power lines and they want to take these people's home. They are going to take these people's home in this particular case is because of the data center. And they even say.
Speaker 13: That here, did your mom tell you she wanted for this property.
Speaker 14: To be generational wealth? True, generational wealth was the idea, and now it's being stripped from us.
Speaker 13: Georgie Ruder estimates seventy to eighty percent of the power on this new line is expected to help serve data centers.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, Okay, all of this is being built seventy to eighty percent of the power from what they're going to do. They're taking these people's homes away to build this seventy to eighty percent of that power is for data centers. That's it. That's it is to make AI videos and to run chat GPTs and to run AI and to run big data centers. And as if they don't have enough of those already seventy to eighty percent of the power that's causing them to do this. That there's the reason why these people are going to lose their house is from those data centers. That's not good, It says.
Speaker 13: The remaining time, twenty to thirty percent of power will serve the state's growing residential and commercial demand.
Speaker 1: Georgia Power told us that they feel as if they've done this process responsibly.
Speaker 2: What would you say to that.
Speaker 14: I disagree. You can't tear down thirty five miles of rural Georgia and it not hurts something or somebody true to say that you're doing it in the name of data centers is a slap in the face to us, our community, our animals.
Speaker 13: Brown's mother recently came to an agreement with Georgia Power to sell Brown says if she didn't, the utility could have sought to acquire her property through eminent domain.
Speaker 1: So they go to her and they're like, we're going to take it, you know, we're going to take it, and she.
Speaker 2: Goes, no, I don't want to go.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the best way to give you, And they give her an offer that was just above appraisal, which, by the way.
Speaker 2: Is not good. That is not good. Oh that sucks.
Speaker 1: When they come to you and say, hey, we want your property eminent domain. At the very least, you better ten x theF value on that house. At the very very very least, you better make those people independently wealthy, because you're building it to make your company wealthy.
Speaker 2: So the individuals, the people.
Speaker 1: I care way more about people than I do companies, by the way, right, and the individual people who are impacted by this should be compensated in a Scrooge McDuck fashion, all right, they should be lit up with so much cash.
Speaker 2: But they don't even do that. They don't even do that.
Speaker 13: Okay, legal process that allows private property to be taken with compensation for projects determined to serve a public.
Speaker 15: Purpose, all Power Generations starts suwhere at Polly.
Speaker 1: Love It is a Georgia Power spokesperson. Good luck.
Speaker 16: Domain is always, you know, a last resort for us, and it's something we never want to do to us.
Speaker 1: You know, one of the craziest things about this is this is all for the only utility that you can't even bargain shop. This is all for the only utility on the face of the planet that is in a napolistic enterprise that is not a free market existing structure at all. This is the one thing in your life that goes up and up and up and up and up. And when your power bill goes up so far, it's not like you could be like, well, joke's on you. The other power bill has a better per kilowatt hour deal and I'm going to go over to them. That's that's not a thing. So the power companies just get to charge us whatever they want. They charge us out the all the sides of your body. And when they do that, then they come into families like this and they're like, wow, we need this, we have to make this happen. This is so so wrong to me. It's just like, on its face, absolutely wrong. And if they're for this family, if.
Speaker 5: There weren't competing power companies, would there just be like two or three times as much land. That's just like that that stretch we saw that was just power lines.
Speaker 1: Couldn't they tell them, like, you guys use the same infrastructure, but at least it's have some competition.
Speaker 2: Here in the world of power.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, Josh exactly. And for me, I go I cannot wait until solar has the breakthrough that people have been pretending it's having, Like until you can get some unbreakable panels that are small and generate so much power that any house would be able to off the sunlight alone, power themselves and free themselves from the grid. We're going to be stuck under the boot of these lunatics, now, that's what's happening.
Speaker 5: Nothing's unbreakable, but the solar setups they've gotten now are pretty solid.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean for my house, I don't think I could actually do it. I don't think I would have to have a whole lot of power walls. And we're not there. I think we need a more efficient breakthrough. And somebody says it's getting closer constantly.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: But I can't wait until we have that breakthrough where we do get there and all of a sudden, the power company sees their customers dropping, dwindling, going away because they have no competition. That is anti American. That is literally anti American to have no competition at all, no free market, no nothing. You just pay whatever they ask you to pay. And then if your house is in the way and somebody wants a big data center to hire eleven people or something, then you end up in a position where they're going to take your house because they need it. You don't need it, they need it, right, that's crazy to me. Let me know what you think, sena dispatcher over the news Junki dot com or email tips tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. Real quickly be seeing what else she says here in this story, because there's another piece of informationation that I think's important.
Speaker 14: It's literally a billion dollar company stealing land from smaller people, people who can't fight back. We don't have the money to fight Georgia Power.
Speaker 13: So that's why a few months it does. Msley took her story to TikTok.
Speaker 14: My childhood home is being taken by Georgia Power.
Speaker 13: She began sharing stories of its in similar situations.
Speaker 1: What is it taking from her? Look behind me, it's taking this entire backyard.
Speaker 13: What do you say to someone who will push back on any sort of.
Speaker 2: Offer that's as the power company.
Speaker 13: The price tag can't replace memories.
Speaker 16: Oh gosh, you know it almost makes me emotional because I have.
Speaker 2: Those reason not enough to not take their house.
Speaker 1: See our lady, don't even try to lie there. I tell you, I cry each morning into my golden bowl of cereal as I think about this, and I.
Speaker 16: Get how deeply personal people's homes are.
Speaker 8: I would just say that.
Speaker 16: We see you when we hear you, and we.
Speaker 1: Want God and we want to see you.
Speaker 2: Get the hell out of here.
Speaker 1: Okay, what in the patronizing? Oh my god, we see you and we hear you. Now, if you don't mind pack up all of your family's belongings, here's a pittance of a paycheck for you and be on your way. Please. We need to get the power to the data sets to.
Speaker 16: Be respectful and transparent, and that is going to ultimately benefit you.
Speaker 1: But he isn't by that.
Speaker 13: While she knows it's too late to save her home, she says she doesn't want to see this happen to anyone else.
Speaker 14: My mom wants an apology. She wants an apology from Georgia Power.
Speaker 1: Good luck. That's it, two words, and it's because of how she feels as if she's been.
Speaker 2: Treated Yeah yeah, I mean.
Speaker 14: For an entire year they have bellied her and there is no sorry.
Speaker 1: So that's what we want.
Speaker 14: We want an apology from Georgia Power.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not going to do it. No shot, no shot. The lady is very upset though. She sees you, she hears you seeming like, can you look up the thing that was the memories to look up Project Tango? Because I know in Palm Beach County, Florida, they were voting this morning on this and that's been controversial too. This AI data center near Arden that they were going to be putting in and there was a vote this morning on this, and the locals have been in flames. Man, they've been very, very very angry about this, as so many other people have, because it becomes simple. They want to take away your homes to power the data centers. The data centers don't provide that many jobs at all, and then all of it is so Josh can have videos like this. Does Josh really need this video?
Speaker 9: You need?
Speaker 1: Tony Soprano's got the cool AI song. I feel like this might not be AI. I mean there's AI going on because Tony soprano is dancing.
Speaker 2: That's that is that is Godden when he was alive. I think he I don't know if he danced in the sopranos.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 2: He was in other things though.
Speaker 1: But he always looked like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It feels like this was generated by a by a plan. Now people are changing their minds now in chat. Wait, this is a this is why they're taking her house. Everybody, you can't all right, I'll stop it right there. We'll just go ahead and hit the stop button. Tell me what you think about that. I think it's just it's crazy. If these places are moving into these neighborhoods, you're going to try to take somebody's house away from them, you should make them incredibly wealthy, because that's the only way this approaches anything even remotely close to fair. You're not there, you're not close to there. You can't see there from around the corner where you're at. These power companies, with no competition are just doing whatever they want to run, these data companies that are then funneling all the money to California in the Bay Area, hiring like a dozen people or so, and then driving up everybody else's power bill, and then they wonder afterwards why somebody might not want a data center in their backyard. I think it's becoming kind of obvious, at least to me. Let me know what you think. We'll take a quick break. When we come back, we'll get into the audio investigation.
Speaker 2: I talked about having done that yet.
Speaker 1: We got to pick a side that we're gonna do probably at the top of the hour. It's a good one today. It's a spicy one. I'm ready for that. It's coming up next on the news junkie. I saw this story and I was like, were they were they considering killing that bison that flung the old man up in the air? They were they were going to kill that bison that flung old man River up in the air. I don't even feel like the guy who got flung in the air by the bison would want the bison to be killed. He was a nice guy. He was cool about it. He was joking. Yeah, he was having a good time. He seems to be okay with everything. He was worried more about whether his grandson was okay. Nice guy and a very very viral video. Now, if you haven't seen this. There's these people at yellow There was a bison that was having a rough day, and the bison goes over and starts chasing this old guy around. He's running around with his gray beard like Scooby Doo, you know, and then next thing you know, the bison whips him up into the air. And everybody's seen, or at least most people have seen this viral video as of now. But they were talking about killing the thing, like, oh, it's coming to contact with a human and now we've got to kill this bison. And I guess officials have changed their minds on this or said they're not going to take any action about this particular animal. And I would say you should take that further because this happens from time to time. Idiots go to Yellowstone and then they get too close to the animals and then the animals do something and then the people are like, how could this happen?
Speaker 2: It's so unsafe here.
Speaker 1: And I always think to myself, the bison is gonna bison no matter what. That's what they're going to do. The bison will act like a bison because it is a bison. Bison's flip things up in the air. The humans who get too close to the bison are the problem we are in their territory. But in this case, like this guy wasn't what would you say, this guy was too close to the bison. He wasn't even like irritating it or anything. I don't think this is a tough one ceiling because while I don't think he necessarily did anything wrong, and he was definitely trying to keep his distance, it's still not the bison's fault because it's not a zoo and this is the wild animal out wild animally. So instead of saying it's somebody's fault, I guess I would say it just is a risk of being that close to these animals. And if we respond to this the way we do with so many other things, where we're like an alligator killed a kid, we're gonna kill the alligator or shark like Jaws, We're gonna go out there and kill the animal that did this.
Speaker 2: But they have said they're not going to do it.
Speaker 1: Carl McDaniel, sixty five, of Washington State, was attacked by this agitated bison in the National Park around eight thirty pm. Oh man, we need we need to change that Daylight Saving time. If that was still still bright out, I thought it was morning time. Yeah, I looked like it was in the middle of the day. But they're saying it was eight thirty PM when that happened. So yeah, I mean, somebody say it was eight one hundred yards away. He was far enough away. But the animal is going to do what it's going to do. You're not in a zoo.
Speaker 2: That's the risk.
Speaker 1: If you want to get close to the wild, sometimes the wild gets close to you.
Speaker 2: That's just how it goes.
Speaker 1: All right, here's the audio that a lot of people are talking about online. I want to examine this quickly and move on because you know, I don't want to I don't want to hang out in this childish.
Speaker 2: World too long. But we we will go in for a second.
Speaker 1: There is a moment now that is going viral from c Span two. Josh is an avid watcher of sea Span two. Big fan, can't stop tuning in to the sea Span action. I'm a Spanner, That's what we call ourselves. You have Zuck Schumer want nerdo who watches se Span two enough that like just tips off people when interesting stuff happens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I always wonder like how anything goes viral from C SPAN two.
Speaker 1: I've been in people's houses before where they were most of the older people, and they would have C Span on and they'd always be so mad. Oh God, would they be mad the channel? No, because they would watch this and it would just make them mad. Why don't you watch something else? But they would go for it. Here's Chuck Schumer on c Span two. I'm gonna enhance the audio. That just means I'm gonna turn it up and enhance. You hear what you hear? He was talking about immigration enforcement. This is Chuck Schumer of New York, the minority leader.
Speaker 17: Let's listen in, and we need a complete investigation that's independent now on Iran and the NDAA when all the time administration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I never know what's what with these audio clips? Did that sound like gas to me?
Speaker 2: It did?
Speaker 1: It sounded a little bit like somebody farted it did? It sounded a little little bit like that. The thing that makes me think that there's something to this clip is listen again, and Chuck Schumer seems to have a tiny giggle.
Speaker 17: And we need a complete investigation that's independent now on Iran and the NDAA. When all the Trump administration.
Speaker 1: I think he laughed because he knew. I'm pretty sure the microphone just picked up that noise that came out.
Speaker 6: Of my body, like shifted his body a little weird right when it happened too, It's.
Speaker 1: Like it was a little tense up, a little bit of a tense up moment, and then just a little smart.
Speaker 17: Independent now on Iran and the NDAA when all the Trump administration.
Speaker 1: He definitely was reacting to it.
Speaker 2: He was reacting to it, for sure.
Speaker 5: I wonder like because usually you would think in rooms like that, the microphones aren't aren't aren't great, you know, they're not. They're not picking up very well, So for them to pick up a fart, it would have to be pretty, uh, it would be a pretty cranked up.
Speaker 1: He's got a wireless mic on him, I think, right, like on his lapel. He's got like a wireless mic instead of one of those courtroom ones like a goose one right right. It could be something to run through his jacket, but it sounded farty to me. I don't know what happened, but he certainly sounded like like something went down there there. He is Chuck Schumer, they're hard at work there, possibly soon passing the daylight saving time issue.
Speaker 5: The other option is that somebody else who's mic farted and he was just reacting to them, and that what's unfortunate for Chuck.
Speaker 1: You got a point in your finger at them. Man.
Speaker 5: What's unfortunate for Chuck Schumer is that you know that person was not on the CA camera. There's only one person on the camera. I think you have to address it. I think if that could be if you have control of your MIC in a room like that and you know you're not on the camera, like right now, I just switched to Sean's camera, yeah, and then ripped one in my MICROSPFTE.
Speaker 1: I would say immediately, WHOA that was not me. I would get out in front of that. I wouldn't let people be smirch my name, my good name, or what's left of it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't let them do that to me.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 1: Quickly, there was somebody saying that in New York they just told the AI companies that they could not build any data centers for like a year. Yeah, this is the Governor of New York to talk about. Here they go, I were on a AI and done so dramatically for fears of job loss, but also because of costs, noise and the like.
Speaker 2: How do you walk that typroe.
Speaker 4: I put a challenge out to these AI companies, those that are possibly who created the possibility of literally changing civilization with artificial intelligence. They have to be able to figure out how to consume less power, how to consume less water, how to be disruptive. I challenge them to come up with this solution, or there will be a backlash against some.
Speaker 1: People are there will be what is happening not.
Speaker 4: Just in their communities, but the whole disruptive effect of AI. Talk to any young person who maybe studied coding and computer science. We're told you always have a job if you go into the STEM fields. True, and they're the ones being told, I'm sorry, your job is being replaced by AI.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The brutal thing about this, and what makes it maybe one of the few bipartisan issues of this moment, is that it's such a tough battle. Like they said, jobs, all right, The AI that runs in these data centers, many of them, the AI is without a doubt already putting people out of work and going to put everyone out of work and it's going to literally at some point get rid of the idea of work that we all know and some of us don't love so much. Right, that is going to be what happens is the end result of AIS. I see this all developing, So it's going to kill jobs in the short term and really kill jobs in the long term. That's the facility that you're building, a facility that replaces humans with ones and zeros, So you're making a decision there. Then it costs a lot to build these places, and a lot of times the locals have to chip in something or give tax breaks. Right, That's another thing. They also make a lot of noise. We had this one story I played where these people were having to deal with the unbearable noise across the street from where they were.
Speaker 5: That's one of the things they're working on with Project Tango right now is trying to figure out because they have a decibel limit, they say they're going to be way below it. But they also the developers had submitted new plans that moved some of that stuff farther away from neighborhoods and schools, and I think last I checked, they were on some sort of break and they haven't done the final vote yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll let you know when we hear more about But there's been a lot of people talking about this and I just think they're behind the eight ball on this. They really are, because they don't have a lot of good they're bringing with the bad.
Speaker 2: But you tell me what you think. We'll get to that just a bit.
Speaker 1: And the hot sheet it's coming up next in the news junkie. There's still people enough of the soccer stuff, enough of the World Cup stuff. Just let yourself have a little fun, Okay, just enjoy yourself. It's going to be really dramatic in the next round here when England plays Argentina. They hate each other. Argentina was burning British flags. There's all kinds of drama going on. They hate each other over the Falkland Islands. You can look at that Wikipedia page later when you're going to the bathroom, and they have a long rivalry. And I asked that the Feds have said this is the soccer match at the World Cup they're most worried about, like they think there could be a little bit of blood at this soccer match. So just enjoy yourself, all right, enjoy the World Cup and the soccer will go away. And you even have football coming up, right, Josh, isn't football coming up in August? Is August September? Okay, there's it's in the next couple of months. You'll be back to the world of American football before you know it. Okay, right now, let's get into it. Let's do the hot sheets.
Speaker 2: New but not like important news.
Speaker 1: That's again to reporting on the planet, top stories from the people on your screens, and then speakers.
Speaker 2: Are on the hot sheet with Sea Lane.
Speaker 5: That's right, the top five stories in the nonsense news brought to you by that mortgage guy down and have I got a career opportunity for you?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 18: Uh?
Speaker 5: You know if you Josh, you've hosted like trivia night and stuff before?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: That done that at a couple of bars. Did you fanciers? Did you write the questions and stuff?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 1: They were provided for me.
Speaker 2: Oh you're out.
Speaker 1: Sorry, damn it, I'm stupid. How about Sean? Do you think you would be good at writing that kind of a question and answer or perhaps an answer and question style game. I have to tell you, Celane, I went to a place last night that had trivia and the people were complaining about every single question, so I I wouldn't want to get involved in this.
Speaker 2: There's more drama than I thought there would be.
Speaker 5: Well, if you think you're up to the task. For the very first time ever, this show right here is hiring writers. That is correct for me, really is for the time. Good call, see you're already there. For the first time in the history of the popular game show, Jeopardy opened a tiring process to the public at large, inviting anyone willing and able to be its next writer to apply as long as they pass a rigorous recruitment process befitting a TV show of its caliber. Candidates first have to complete the same online test as perspective contestants, which involves answering fifty clues. Then you have to submit twelve written samples of potential Jeopardy and Double Jeopardy rounds, and then three samples of the notoriously difficult final Jeopardy clue. And don't whatever you do, don't use the word trivia in your application and your cover letter in any of that stuff. They don't like the word trivia around there, So it's sort of like in The Walking Dead. I think they weren't allowed to say zombies, walkers.
Speaker 1: Do they see themselves at Jeopardy as above trivia?
Speaker 5: Yes, it says anyone who used the word trivia in their application as a black mark against the candidates. We do not use the word trivia at Jeopardy. We don't regard what we write as trivial. We regard this as the subjects, the facts, the things that an elite modern American should know. You could be one of the writers of They said last year they put twenty five thousand, six and eighty seven clues on the air between all the different iterations of Jeopardy, Celebrity, college Masters, pop culture, all the spin offs, and of course the normal programs. So if you think you've got what it takes, Jeopardy is hiring. Did either of you watch the Beauty on FX? I know we talked about it maybe a little bit. Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: No, I did. It was very through the plot of that one again because I think I did watch it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So you know how like everybody in our society when you talk about all that person using the shot, they're getting the shot. Yeah, they're talking about like glp ones. This one is more like it's like a beauty shot.
Speaker 1: That makes you hot.
Speaker 5: The weird part about Ashton Kutcher being in this was because it it had a really tight similarity to the Demi Moore movie The Substance.
Speaker 1: Right it did.
Speaker 2: Actually, I know what you're talking about now and so, but.
Speaker 5: This was a it was a scripted series where you got this shot to make you beautiful, but then there were some side effects that made you just a killer that was unstoppable, and it was this big virus and all this stuff going on. They say they haven't canceled it, but the reporting on it is that it's on pause, and the options on the cast of Ryan Murphy and Matthew Hodgins series based on a comic book by Jeremy Hohane and Jason A.
Speaker 2: Hurley have lapsed, like their.
Speaker 5: Contracts have been released, So they're not saying FX hasn't like full on canceled the series yet and they're still leaving it up in the air. But if you were a fan of The Beauty, do not hold your breath on seeing any more episodes of it, at least for now, because it doesn't seem like we're gonna see much Beauty anytime.
Speaker 1: So it was a good show.
Speaker 5: I liked watching it, and some of the characters are really fun and I hope it comes back, but.
Speaker 1: Who will know?
Speaker 5: Who knows if I'll watch it, because I won't remember a damn thing that happened, and you have to get like a YouTube recap.
Speaker 1: I do remember. The brutal part of it was some people had to play the actors before they took the shot that made him really sexy. Yes, so some people had to play like the ugly version of the character, which I thought was a little mean.
Speaker 5: One of the arguments in the the story there was like, well, you know, if they end up renewing some of these contracts, some of the people might be already out because their character got beautiful and they're not sucks.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of sorry, you're you're the ugly version. Man.
Speaker 5: We'll call you back when we need a flashback scene. Yeah this guy right here? Ah did hey Diddy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, Diddy has.
Speaker 5: Just unloaded one of his crown jewel properties on Miami's Star Island for a whopping fifty five million dollars, the waterfront property at one West Star Island. If you pull this up Sean on TMZ or just search for like Diddy Star Island. It was purchased by a real estate company, a holding company based in Newport for New News, Virginia.
Speaker 1: According to the Real Deal.
Speaker 5: The publication said the Giant sale appears to be an off market deal, with the buyer financing the purchase with an eighteen point five million dollar bank mortgage. And if you if you see the property, that's the one it is the one I saw. It's a pretty big property, fifty five million bucks down in Miami.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The one next to it, that's one West Star Island, two West Star Island or two Star Island is still owned by Diddy, and it's so much bigger.
Speaker 1: So it sounds weird because one Star Island and two Star Islands sound kind of bad in a way.
Speaker 5: It sounds like you're raiding the islands and like the five Star Island is.
Speaker 1: Where you really want. One Star Island do not recommend.
Speaker 5: Diddy, who is currently serving the four plus year sentence in federal prison, had originally bought the nearly eight thousand square foot property from singer Gloria Stefan, and I take issue with the word in here. Singer Gloria Stefan and her husband Emilio mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: It's Emilio. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, come on into the singer Gloria and her husband Emilio.
Speaker 2: The Zoomers don't know.
Speaker 1: They have no.
Speaker 2: He hasn't been in a movie since the eighties, so he.
Speaker 5: Was in some of the maybe not movies, but he was in the Mighty Ducks reboot.
Speaker 6: That's the right Emilio. Yeah, are you making up? And Estefans again? Classic you No, I thought he was married to Gloria Stefanut Rocket World, Emilio Estefan from Miami Sound Machine Big Dog who's married.
Speaker 1: So she's married to Emilio Stefan. That's why she's Gloria Estefan and he's in the sound Machine band and not related to the has not been married since he was with Paul.
Speaker 5: He was married Paul Abdul I had the wrong singer. Wow shut it down anyway. He bought it from them, and there's a two story home with a guest house with six bedrooms, eight and a half bass, a pool in the spa, and probably some baby oil lying around. But whoever bought the property, you are still neighbors with Diddy, And I don't know if that's helped out your your selling price or your buying price or not, but onto other news that is hopefully more accurate, as is the norm.
Speaker 1: Star Wars fans.
Speaker 5: Some Star Wars fans have said their beloved creator George Lucas has gone to the dark side wrong because he has, in an interview now said that AI is the future and as we all know, AI is the absolute devil and it's not to be trusted. He was giving an interview with something called a rabbit's foot. That's not like something they used as a microphone. It was this is an actual pub location.
Speaker 1: All right, Is this this is like a known reviewing outlet or something or I don't know anything about a rabbit's foot?
Speaker 2: Okay, more more facts on the way, folks.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I'm not going to pretend to know anything, because I pretended to know about Emilia Estevez and I literally after that one up. The other kind of that worked out for me not so well. But they're saying a bunch of people are criticizing George Lucas, saying he's gone to the dark side because he said artificial intelligence means it's much easier to make movies, which a lot of people don't like. Over on the Hollywood side, today. It's very much like sitting here and saying, well, I believe the horse and Buggy is really where it's at. These cars they break down, they need gas, there's all kinds of problems with them, and pretty soon they'll be making them into.
Speaker 1: Tanks and then they'll be killing people. It's terrible. There's nothing you can do about it. It's progress. I said it would do a dark side. It was the very bleak of George Lucas and last but not least, and I thought this was kind of hilarious. People are really coming down on Alclwin for this video tribute he made to Sam Neil, in which it's a three minute video he talks about he mentioned Sam Neil up top and then I think they said he spent about two and a half to two and three quarter minutes talking about himself and all these people he's worked with. You have the Alec Baldkin clip. Just for a.
Speaker 2: Second, I do have this. I'll just play a bit of it here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see how.
Speaker 19: Stricken I was to learn of the death of Sam Neil when I did to Hunt for Red October we shot in eighty nine. It came out of nineteen ninety a long time ago, and that was probably my first big movie in terms of having a decent sized role, because I'd done Working Girl and Beetlejuice and things like that.
Speaker 1: Right next to me, he said, I was stricken to learn of the death of Sam Neil, and then it says about myself almost immediately makes a sharp left turn. Rather than reminiscing about Neil's warmth, talent or the time they spent working together, Baldwin embarks on what is essentially an extended director's commentary for The Hunt for Red October. He praises director John McTiernan, a fond recollection of meeting author Tom Clancy Earle, call of co stars including Sean Connery, Tim Curry, James Earl Jones, etc. A story about Ronald Gutman smoking while doing a Russian accent, even an impression of James Earl Jones makes an appearance for about two and a half minutes until he finishes with anyway, oh my God, my God, Sam Neil, my love to his family, and then he ends the video. Wow. So he's being.
Speaker 5: Blasted online for a very narcissistic eulogy of Sam Neil that barely mentions Sam Neil, Hey, if you have a mortgage rate or if you have a quote right now, because you're trying to get into that dream home and you haven't shopped it around, you're doing yourself a disservice. Friends, that mortgage guy Don wants to help you save that money if you haven't shopped the out. There's plenty of people who have told me I shopped around. I even did by due diligence and tried shopping around, and that mortgage guy got Don got me a better quote. So if you have a quote, go to the compare quote tab on his website, that mortgage guy down dot com.
Speaker 1: Stay put, folks, when we come back to pick a side, and this is a dramatic one, sparks flying. I want to see what you think about this because that is coming up next in the news. Junkie back by popular demand. Another pick aside, everybody, so brace yourself. And as you can see Josh and see Lane, this one is going to occur on a sidewalk. And this this is a heated pick aside. So let's do this thing. Dog, Yeah, pick a side. That's right, it's got it's got intense, it's gotten intense.
Speaker 2: Pick a side. This is like my old version.
Speaker 1: This is a sidewalk interaction. What let's watch this video. I've tried to do my best censor it here so it doesn't your ears. But this one was on a sidewalk where a man is walking his dogs and a woman is on a bicycle and she thinks he's taking up too much of the sidewalk, so they get into a fight.
Speaker 9: Here we go too nicely, I asked you nicely, and we're not.
Speaker 1: We're not doing that. We're not doing that. You don't you don't.
Speaker 9: You don't dictate where you walk now. No, no, no, no, you don't get to take the whole sidewalk. Bro, No you don't you Okay.
Speaker 1: You can see now she's on a bicycle, all right now. Some of you may have picked a side off already because bicycles don't belong on the sidewalk. True, you're supposed to be out on the road with the cars. She is on a bike. She's hounding this guy, no pun intended, because he's walking his dogs on the sidewalk. She thought he was taking up too much a room of the room on the sidewalk, and she couldn't get past him, so that's why she's so pissed off about this. But who's in the wrong. You gotta pick a side. Who's in the right, who's in the wrong here? Do you pick the bike lady or do you pick the guy who's out walking his dogs on the sidewalk. Let's go back in.
Speaker 9: Well, it doesn't matter if they have bike lanes or not. You're trying to be You're trying to be in and then.
Speaker 1: Did it again. I did it again. I'm gonna try and see. I used the AI censorship. I thought it'd be fine on this one.
Speaker 6: Is not taking jobs the dark side, all right?
Speaker 1: I want to I want to try to see if or should I just give up here and we'll do it in the next segment after Sea Line sensors it. I don't want to ruin the segment again with the censorship issue. I wonder should I just pause here and then we'll get back to it, or should I try and see if there's no more curse words that got missed.
Speaker 5: You could give it one more try, because we're almost up to full capacity here, okay, and then if it happens again just I mean after the Walk of Shame or something, Yes, if I for Emelio Stibus. You didn't even walk a shame for that though. I'm getting a lot of a lot of heat. Yeah, lot of heat. I feel like I'm in that train. Yeah, it's not that bad. All right, Let's let's try to keep going here. If there's another curse word that's missed, I'll stop. Sean's always playing with fire.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean to. I thought that this was handled. I thought it was handled. If it's not, then I'll move past it to another story that I have that is an absolute gem, and we'll come back to this afterwards when Celine gives it the once over. All right, so he says, I hate both of them already. Okay, So this guy is walking his dogs on the sidewalk. She's trying to get through with their bike. That's what started the fight.
Speaker 5: She's on a bike. We don't because she is the one posting this. And I'm starting to see a trend in picasides. By the way, uh huh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: If you've already seen it, you may have already mentioned it. I'm starting to see a trend. There's a little correlation between the person who's in the wrong and the person who posts the video.
Speaker 1: Oh so you think that the person who recorded this, i e. The lady on the bike is the one who is in the Think of our last few pick asides. Think of our last few pick asides. Lady at Jersey Mike's. Yep, she was filming.
Speaker 5: She was terrible lady who wanted to or a guy that wanted to use the bathroom in the damn gas station that didn't pay for anything. Yeah, being annoying, terrible, true lady who was shaming the Amazon driver for being in her porta potty terrible, that's true.
Speaker 1: Maybe this is different, though, this could break the cycle. Here literally she's you know, she's on a bicycle, but here she goes. God, I don't even want to risk it. I'm gonna do it anyways. If there's another errant curseword, I'll stop. I'll move to the next story that I know doesn't have curse words and it's a good one anyways, and then I'll apologize profusely. I'd rather not do that. I would rather not do that. So your hesitance is not having to apologize you have to. You don't care about there being another errant curseword in there? You just don't want to take the lumps. If there's another curse word, that means that the tool that I used didn't work and it's not safe, and I should have listened to it during one of the break and make your own tool code arena. I'm no tool is going to fix this, all right? Should I just watch? Why? Because you're not gonna do it yourself. Yes, I would do it myself, but it's easier for you to do it. You've got the set up in there. It makes it easier for you to do That's what I was talking about. They're talking over each other here. There's no way. There's not another curse word. This is zero percent. It's gonna be an F word on the way here.
Speaker 9: People, you don't have to scream. Why are you screaming?
Speaker 1: Because why are you being so nasty? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I was thinking it's recording you because you're being nasty.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, lady, don't don't don't give into his insults.
Speaker 2: You got me there, sir. You have to push back on that.
Speaker 1: Lady.
Speaker 2: You just don't go along with it.
Speaker 9: Because I'm ridding my bike. And I said, excuse me several time. I said excuse me, several time, and now, well, I'm not off. I'm gonna she's winning me over.
Speaker 1: I know this shouldn't impact me, but she's winning me over because she's kind. I'm gonna have.
Speaker 2: On to be clear.
Speaker 1: So far, I think that she's in the wrong because the bike should not be on the sidewalk.
Speaker 2: It should not be on the sidewalk.
Speaker 1: But it was a little bit funny what she just said there, and I will go a little further. I'll play the rest of this in a second and shut up. But the guy in question here, he has two dogs and other than bikes being on the sidewalk, which is quite annoying from time to time. The other thing is when there's other people on the sidewalk who aren't on bikes and they don't make room for you when it's time to pass. When you're walking a dog, you should push over to the right side of the road whoever you are, or the right side of the sidewalk wherever you are, and make room for the other person to be over to their right side of the sidewalk, and you should give them enough room to pass. One of the problems when people line up two by three by four and then they go down like an immovable object down the sidewalk. So if you're walking both your dogs and taking up the whole sidewalk even though she's on her bike, you could still be in the wrong too. You absolutely could. Well let's go back to him here. You're not you're not.
Speaker 9: You people are not gonna keep pushing us in our backs against the wall because you filled entitled weirdo. No, I'm not gonna stab you for what you're the You're being the aggressive one, and that's what you people do. You say that one flying around here, the aggressive one when you stuck your middle finger up at me and call me a bitch in racist slurs because I said, excuse me now I have to walk my bike behind you. If there was yes, thank you, I really appreciate your kindness. No for what? No, thank you? No your ghetto at cracker in your your dogs aren't even barking at me.
Speaker 1: Wh oh No?
Speaker 9: Did you need to train yourself trying yourself in the way you should go?
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, you've seen the interaction, you've made it. You're still uh you're still on her side. Uh, she's obnoxious, Yes, and she's like really having on the race stuff.
Speaker 5: She had one funny part of that, but it did not save the rest of her argument in my in my opinion, because no, she h.
Speaker 1: I don't know if.
Speaker 5: There was any point before she started recording in which she may have asked, like, hey, can I just walk my bike on through and keep going? That would have been the easiest thing to do, or I don't know, maybe head out into a bike lane temporarily to get around this guy and keep going, Like there's no need for this to be a major thing. There, don't use for this to be a fight. It just could be people sharing a sidewalk. I don't mind bicyclists being on the sidewalk. I know you're not supposed to be there. I know that's what bike lanes are for. I know all those things. I don't mind you using the sidewalk if you don't, don't act entitled to the sidewalk.
Speaker 1: But she's doing the whole dumb, loud and wrong kind of thing that I talk about sometimes where she's she shouldn't be on the sidewalk, and then she's being really obnoxious.
Speaker 5: And I'm calling him a racist about it, Like just because you say f you to somebody doesn't mean you care what color their skin is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then she was making fun of his dogs for not barking at her, which you would think would be in advancement.
Speaker 2: Josh, who do you picking this back and forth?
Speaker 1: The lady on the bicycle on the sidewalk or the guy walking his two dogs on the sidewalk.
Speaker 6: They're both kind of annoying. She dropped some funny lines. I think he is in the right here, though she easily could have rode around in the grass. And yeah, she was been on her way.
Speaker 1: She could have ended this before it started, but maybe she just wanted a video to begin with.
Speaker 2: What do you think pick a side?
Speaker 1: The guy walking his dogs on the sidewalk, the woman on the bike on the sidewalk. They hate each other, but one of them's got to be right and one of them's got to be wrong. Let us know what you think That one is going to get people fired up, because sidewalk battles over bicycles always do it. But that woman, she brought a lot else into it. Man, she she came in hot too. I can't play the beginning, can I? No? No? I want to? Though she brought it real fast, right right off the jump.
Speaker 2: But let us know what you think. She was being racist.
Speaker 1: Bonus called her stinking bitch. Yeah, Josh is such a peacemaker. He is that way, Yeah he is. Yeah, she said at the beginning, he said you stinking bitch, and that she's she went right along with it. I think not doing that all right? I stop her there. Yeah, she people lost me when she used the word cracker. She obviously doesn't know what the word cracker means. She probably created a bunch of racists by posting this, somebody says, typical victim. Yeah she I agree with ex Swimmer on TMJ chat on this. I think she was looking for trouble. I think that this woman was looking for trouble and she found it, which is often the case when you get into situations like this. It would have been really easy for her to just blaze around this guy. Now. I also think, you know, I am. I'm gonna pick his side. But you've got to be aware, especially if you have two large dogs. If you're on the sidewalk, other people exist too, so make sure that they can get around you. But we want to see what you have to say about all this. Give us your dispatch response over on the neewsjunkie dot Com. Right now, there you go. All right, we're gonna take a quick break. When we come back, we're going to get into what is undoubtedly my favorite story of the day. I cannot wait until you guys see this story. Oh boy, this is fantastic and I can't wait to play this clip for you because it's coming up next on the News Junkie. You guys, I don't know if you've seen this story of Miami about the lady with the license plate, but if you haven't, you're in for a treat. Have you seen this yet? Sea Land or No?
Speaker 5: I saw you, like bring it up earlier and I couldn't really tell what was on the license plate.
Speaker 1: Oh good, What about you, Josh? Did you see this story about this lady? I have no idea what you're talking about. All right. This is in Miami and this woman in South Florida she got a license plate for her car and people worry about this. In fact, there was another story that we did which was, oh god, I think maybe four or five years ago, and they were starting to give out a round of license plates in Florida that said.
Speaker 2: Gay on them.
Speaker 1: The last three letters of all these license plates that were shared were gay and somebody got it and they were offended by it, and they're like, I don't want this gay license plate. Gay and the guy was gay. That was the funniest thing it. The guy who was complaining was gay and felt targeted because his license plate that they gave him said gay. How did they know he wanted to return it? This one's different. Now. I want to ask you before I play this, you start to think in your head, would you or would you not keep whatever license plate they gave to you. Now, here's what this lady had in this story from CBS News Miami.
Speaker 12: To break down what happened and what to do if this happens to you.
Speaker 8: Joan, Joan, Well, we've all been there. Every year, when you're renewing your tag, you send away for it. Sometimes every ten years, the state will send you a brand new plate.
Speaker 1: Well wait, wait what No, No, As far as I know of my grown adult life, this is not how it works. When you get a vehicle, if you need a plate, you can get issued a plate in whatever state you're in. They don't just send you a new plate for no reason or every ten years. After a handful of years, I think they do. I have never had that happen to me. Have you guys ever had this happen. I've never had a car for more than ten years. I've never had them change my license plate. I've only had them issue a license plate. If I bought a car from somebody else and it didn't come with a plate, or if I bought a brand new car, then they would give me your play.
Speaker 5: You've probably purchased a car within the ten years and not had to do this. But it says in Florida you can keep the same license plate number for up to ten years. By state law, plates must be replaced every decade to ensure they remain fully reflective visible lament.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really, I have never had this happen. I've definitely had cars over ten years old. You're required to change it every ten years. I think, yeah. I think they just sent it to I'm learning something today, and I'm learning something that might be on the way before too long. My genesis is twenty eighteen. Oh no, I might get a license plate like that.
Speaker 2: Find out right, here's what this lady got here.
Speaker 8: What happened to this woman here? But when she got she was a little bit more than perplexed because it is provocative.
Speaker 3: And I didn't know I was getting a plate.
Speaker 8: When Nancy Dellastrato went to collect her mail, she got quite the surprise a new license plate with her vehicle registration renewal.
Speaker 1: She pulls out her license plate for US. It says, squeeze ass that's the that's the license plate, sq z A five file. I would leave it on. I would put it on. I would I would wear it proudly.
Speaker 5: And if you have, if you have a problem with it, you talked to the Department of Motor Vehicles issued me this license plate.
Speaker 1: It says, squeeze sqz A five file. Here's the crazy part.
Speaker 5: I bet you couldn't if you tried to get that as a vanity plate. I think a five to five is one of the things that they kind of look for that they've filtered out of the request, like things like no, because I've seen it every You're like, here's the list of license plates that were rejected in Florida this year, and.
Speaker 1: Something with ass on it would get rejected every time. Right, Yes, but this goes through because it's not custom you think.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, I think whatever, like sort of failsafes they have that would block you from doing a custom license plate they don't have for regular I hate to say this, regular ass license plates.
Speaker 1: A free license plates doesn't worry you out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so, I mean you would have thought a five to five would would have been skipped.
Speaker 1: But it's so awesome that she's an older lady. There's it makes it so much better. And she pulls out her license plate and she goes, this is squeeze ass on it. I can't have a squeeze ass.
Speaker 3: And I said, I don't think so.
Speaker 8: The plant reads sqz A five five, but from a distance those five fives can be read as s's. Well, you get the picture of blank.
Speaker 3: I don't think a woman that lives in a senior community that's going to be seventy seven years old next month, we'll be driving around with what this plate has to say.
Speaker 1: Why not, ma'am, what this place has to say that's ageist that you're What you're even saying is you're applying that a woman in her seventies and an assisted living facility can't still have it going on enough to be a squeeze ass. I think you're a squeeze ass ma'am. All right, I think all all women, in the best of ways, this is not sounding good in the best of ways. You're all squeeze asses or have the potential to be squeeze asses. So she's thinking like, I'm too old for this. I don't think she's too old for it. Doctor grind Pepper says, can she sell the plate to me? Are you entitled to do that? Okay? So that in the.
Speaker 5: List of rejected license plates for twenty twenty five, most of the submitted license plates are too vulgar to be published.
Speaker 1: Oh god, but bad A Z five to five. That's just too many of them. Let's see we have I'm just doing the ones with ASIDM. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think this was supposed to be hall ass, but it looks more like halass. But it was h A one l A z ZS halas M. Dumb As five, right, the name is dumas. It's funny that they get those ones. But squeeze ass goes right through. That's I'm telling you. I'm telling you that it went through because it wasn't requested specifically. It was a randomly generated uh you know, letters and numbers that it is just I mean it came right after squeeze A five four and right before squeeze A five six?
Speaker 1: Am, I crazier. Aren't they doing these in prison? Or is that old skies? So they're making them in prison. Somebody must have been like a squeeze ass, all right and made this in prison. I don't expect them to say anything about it, but it made it to this lady. Well, she doesn't think she's a squeeze ass, but you know, I think she might be. I think she could be. She's upset by this whole thing.
Speaker 8: The plates become the talk around her retirement community, especially the men. We were with her when she showed it to one of her eighty nine year old neighbors.
Speaker 3: And this is why received from the Danbee for my new license plate. That's good for ten years.
Speaker 1: Good good, he's it.
Speaker 2: He's in his eighties. This guy's like, oh, goude, squeeze ass.
Speaker 8: Florida license plates have been made at a state prison in North Florida for almost a century. Then they're funneled through the county agencies. Nancy's plate was mailed from the Broward Property tax Collector's office. We went there to try to help her get some answers.
Speaker 1: How could you do this question about a tag if you want to replace a tag?
Speaker 8: And while no one wanted to talk on camera, we were told anyone unhappy with a plate can turn it in for another one for free.
Speaker 3: And I'm resigning to it, and I figured maybe it was just destined to be on my car.
Speaker 8: So for now, Nancy's keeping the tag, although she is planning to let the state.
Speaker 1: By the way, she has a shirt on it that says, so far, this is the oldest I've ever been. So she kind of likes silly little things like that. Hey, maybe maybe she's just going to keep this and deal with it. She's going to be the squeeze ass lady. So congratulations to her. I think you got yourself a real winner there. I know in some cases, I don't know if you guys ever seen this before. In some cases you can sell your license plate and in like a lot of European countries, people will have number one or really short ones, yeah, and they sell them for a lot of money. Seiland search for most expensive license plate or something, because some places will allow them to resell the license plate and they become worth an insane amount of money because the person who wants a supercar also wants the specialty license plate that says, well, squeeze ass in this case, so maybe she can make some cash.
Speaker 5: In United Kingdom, the F one plate holds an unofficial resale asking price in nearly twenty million dollars Oh my god, and was originally purchased for six hundred and eighteen grand by Avval Khan in two thousand and eight. But in United States and Delaware two digit plate six it's not two digits is a zero six, It just says six was auctioned for six hundred and seventy five thousand dollars. The Texas vanity plate twelfth man resold for one hundred and fifty I mean, when you buy these, I don't think you could put them on a car, so you think they're selling them just to put them up somewhere and then how it's a collectible.
Speaker 2: But theyd not actually street legal on a car.
Speaker 1: If you know more about that, let us know tips at the Newsjunkie dot com or send a dispatch because I'm gonna get into those when we come back. We got feedback coming in and Jury Duty as well. And one of the stories in Jury Duty has to do with something you deal with every single week. I want to see how people feel about this. If this happened to you, what would you think if somebody was doing this to your trash? What would you think that's coming up next? On the news junkie. I was doing it as I do every once in a while, I'll do little bonus stories for the school mic folks during breaks, and I thought, this is definitely a throwaway story.
Speaker 2: Who really cares about this?
Speaker 1: I was talking about how Netflix is doing all these new reality shows. They had success over on Netflix and again I'll get into jury duty in a second here, but they had success on Netflix with the Squid Games, the Challenge or whatever it was called. Yeah, squid Game's reality game show that they did, and we talked about Sorry, I apologize, I apologize. I couldn't get to the button fast enough. I tried everything I could. I am so sorry Forget that happened. Forget it happened, rewind rewind you think about this show, remember that and not Amelia. Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I could not suppress that I was trying to get over to the button that turns off my microphone, sneezing, is good for you. It's fine. I don't get mad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if you do that thing where you hold your nose, remember kids used to do that in school. They would hold their nose to stop sneezing because they felt like, for whatever reason, sneezing was no good and why did you not want to sneez Sneezing and feels fantastic.
Speaker 1: Well, they thought you sneezing made your eyeballs pop out of your head.
Speaker 2: That's what they was.
Speaker 1: Holding your nose.
Speaker 5: I thought was supposed to be the things that make your eyebells pop out of your head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, that was the rumor for a while. That is true, but sorry, back to it. The Netflix, they started with the reality show about the squid Game challenge, making that real fully misunderstanding the point of squid Game. But then they did we talked about on Secret Shows. They got a new Willy Wonka thing coming out where they're doing a game show where they rebuilt Willy Wonka's factory and there's the chocolate river and everything, and there's some reality competition that they're doing where you got to get through the Willywaonka's chocolate factory and then the other one that they just announced that they're doing over at Netflix is another reality game show with two million dollars on.
Speaker 2: The line, and it's Monopoly.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's yeah, a Monopoly game show on Netflix. And all the chats started to say was what pieces they would pick. And I don't judge people on most things, but all of the pieces that the somebody said, I use the iron every time, I'll use the iron or I'm not playing. The iron is literally, without doubt, the lamest piece in Monopoly. It's like an afterthought. It shouldn't have been in there. It's like the thimble. If you use the thimble, are you even alive? Are you actually a human being? Everybody knows the top hat is the piece that you use in Monopoly.
Speaker 2: That's what bosses use.
Speaker 1: That's what the cool cats use out there, like the car. The car is whatever. I mean, it's kind of cool that you can rhame drive it around the board or whatever.
Speaker 2: But the car and the dog, those are.
Speaker 1: What the lame normal people use, right, the regular everyday people, the smart people use the top hat every single time. Don't tell me I'm the lamest piece. You're the lamest piece. Don't tell me I'm the lamest piece. I think this says a lot about you. And if you choose the thimble or the iron, that doesn't say something good about you when you're playing monopoly. Let me get to the actual stories. The wheel barrow is probably the lamest. The wheelbarrow is lame, I agree. What about the shoe. The shoe is okay, it's it's okay. Yeah, it's not great. Josh, use the boot? Are you the boot?
Speaker 6: No, I'd use the battleship or the horseback guy.
Speaker 1: The battleship is also a boss move to use the battleship because technically, if all of them went to war, the battleship would be the piece that won by a wide margin and no circumstances at all except that when I beat you.
Speaker 5: Now, when I beat you in monopoly and you're the battleship, I get to say I sunk your battleship and then points for me.
Speaker 1: That's how it works. Good luck, good luck trying to do there's so bad. The iron is not better than the shoe, you weir wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.
Speaker 2: Or a hippo. There's no hippo.
Speaker 1: There's no hippo. Isn't there. There's a dog, a thimble, an iron that's the worst, a wheelbarrow, a car, a top hat, and a battleship, and it might be missing one. But the cannon. There's a cannon. I've never even seen that one. Yeah, I'm looking at a cannon here. I get judgy on this. I think it says a lot about your personality which piece that you actually pick.
Speaker 5: The standard ones were just the eight ones like top hat, race, card, battleship, boot, Scottie dog is what they called it, thimble, wheelbarrow, and cat.
Speaker 1: All right, there was a cat too. I didn't even know that they were a cat. Here we go, let's do jury duty.
Speaker 7: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we.
Speaker 1: Call the bailiff over to whip your ass. You're knowing jury.
Speaker 2: Duty with the news junk kid.
Speaker 1: I want to stretch this out any longer than it needs to be, because it didn't need to be even on the show, honestly, But I don't remember a cat. Everybody swapped the cat out at one point. Look, I don't know man for the dog.
Speaker 2: You think the dog had the Scotti dog, that's what they called it. Okay.
Speaker 1: I mean if the if the television show reality game show with two million dollars in the line, Monopoly is anything like every game of Monopoly I've ever played, it will just never end. People will argue over what the real rules are and what the fake, stupid rules are.
Speaker 2: Your dad will try to make up new rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, no, I could just take whatever properties I'm on, or I don't have to pay anything, or everybody has a different theory about free parking and what you're supposed to do. Do the finds go into the bank or do the fines going to the middle of the board. That's what this is going to devolve into, because the truth is, over the course of the history of this game, which was meant to teach people a lesson about capitalism, actually all anybody ever did was open it up, get excited about the stupid game pieces, and start playing. And nobody took the time to actually read the rules in the game. And then the brutal truth is, if you read the actual rules of Monopoly and play it the way you're supposed to, it sucks. It's not nearly as good. I apologize, all right, I just I got to get to it. Jury dude, he brought to you by motive of the DeWit Law firm. I should not be spending this much your own rich huncle pennybags. I just I need to move on. I need to move on. Eight hundred CALLMO. Eight hundred CALLMO, or go to JUSTCALLMO dot com. After an accident, reach out to the attorney that's ready to help you out and get you on that path to the big check that you deserve from those greedy insurance companies. That's Moses de Way. Eight hundred call MO or go to just CALLMO dot com. There is a story that's getting some attention here and it's about a group of school principles. Two school principles in the same suv both got a DUI within within a matter of hours. And our friends are at Fox thirty five were talking about this. Let me let me go back at Auto played there on me.
Speaker 2: But here it is.
Speaker 15: It is arrested for dui just hours apart in Lake County. You can see this new body camera video shows both women caught in Claremont behind the wheel of the same car. I'm thirty five's Chancellor Whins joining us live now. So Chancellor, police say both of these women are Principles.
Speaker 10: Yeah, police say it all started when they pulled over a woman for allegedly driving drunk. She was arrested and the woman in her passenger seat was sent home in a ride share.
Speaker 1: But a few hours later.
Speaker 10: That same passenger arrested in that same car allegedly for driving it drunk, heading to the jail to bond out her friend.
Speaker 1: Oh no, so she gets told, you guys are drunk, the driver is a dui. Pop, you're going to the jail, and then you're gonna get in a ride chair and you're getting out of here. And one of the principal ladies got back in the car and then drove that to get her friend out of jail and got herself a dui as well. And they're both Principles here. So it looks worse. Jennifer, where falls Principles? Police? She said, stop, why would you say that, Prince Principles? I heard the guy from from from Nevada, the governor. He threw his name out and said, is what his gig was, Lobado. Yeah, we're both Principles.
Speaker 10: The woman behind the wheel of this car on July fifth is forty one year old Jennifer Yamenez and the woman in the pastor seat is forty five year old Christina Alcoholde. Officers say both of them had been drinking.
Speaker 17: Jennifer, you consumed any alcohol today because I can smell.
Speaker 10: But Yemnez was the one allegedly driving, So the officer gets her out of the suv, where ye Minez refused both the field sobriety exercises and the breathalyzer test and tried to talk her way out of a trip to jail.
Speaker 1: Balls, what high in totem pole? You know educationn't it? She said? We are both high on the totem pole of education to vegitation. Well, is that the common knowledge that you're on camera? Yeah? Are you just too drunk to care? Dave might have the pretty out of it. I don't know what they had. Maybe they look in the car.
Speaker 10: It didn't work, as was taken to jail and police made sure her passenger al called a got a right share home now. Less than three hours later, Coleman police pulled over the exact same suv and found that passenger now behind.
Speaker 1: Split second there, Okay, I'm back. The lady is saying, I'm good now, I'm good. Like she's been home, so she's good.
Speaker 11: I understand.
Speaker 1: I'm really not promise not.
Speaker 10: Lake County Schools tells us neither woman is a district employee. The employment address listed on al Calladay's arrest report matches Pine Crest Lakes Academy human as his employment was left blank on her paperwork, but her name is listed as a principal for another Pine Crest Academy school. The governing board for Pinecrest Academy tells Fox thirty five they are aware of a situation involving school leadership, releasing a statement that reads, in part the governing bar.
Speaker 1: So they said, the governing board consulted with its national co employer throughout this process, and based on that guidance, has taken the appropriate administrative actions to address this matter. What so they're doing nothing? Probably that's the most boiler plate thing. The governing board consulted with its national co employer throughout this process, and based on that guidance, has taken the appropriate administrative actions to address this matter. I don't know what the hell that means, but that's what the school is saying. But I ask you, should the principles be fired they're school principles. They both got popped for a dui in the same car within a couple of hours.
Speaker 2: What do you think should happen to them?
Speaker 1: Let us know. There's your story in jury duty today. The second most impressive dual dui I know of. You know another one?
Speaker 5: Well, the first one I'll always go back to is the guy in Ohio that got a dui at one eight in the morning, and then he they arrested him. They took him to the like the police thing that be processed jail, issued citations and released him to an adult release on your owner reconnaissance. Okay, then he got in the car and started driving. In between that time daylight savings time change happened and they rolled back the clocks and he got another dui at one eight in the morning.
Speaker 1: He was probably thinking in the way that you think after a plane crash happens to an airline. Yes, there's no way this will happen again. These ladies probably the same. They're like, there's no no way, no way anything like that would happen again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did I fade out again?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, there's more fun at that time. Quick break, quick break, When we come back we'll do the Power Hour. We'll get into your dispatch was which I promised in this trash story, not as in it's a bad story, it's a very interesting story, but what if this happened to your trash that's coming up next, and then use junkie dispatches and emails on deck also the Power Hour on deck very quickly before we launched the Power Hour, though, shouts out to KTLA reporter Rachel Mentov, who I guess just did a report where she had a bit of a surprise visitor during it and kept her cool professionally in a way that I never ever, ever ever would have done. I'm just going to say that ahead of time. I'll put this up for you on see it now. I still got to put the fire train thing up from the beginning of the show, but I will, I promise after the show, and I'll also put this up as well. Here's this woman from KTL five in California. You're gonna see if you're watching on YouTube and twitch pretty quickly, what is interrupting her shot?
Speaker 12: There she goes and it's a lot more comfortable at this hour, but we're still in It's.
Speaker 1: Not just a roach folks, it is a mongo roach. This suckers every bit of three inches long or something. That the roach that is crawling on this reporter, and she's just a little much. But that's a pretty huge roach. That was big, right, it's a big It's a pretty big roach.
Speaker 2: I don't know exactly how big it is.
Speaker 1: But you're in the.
Speaker 16: Valley, so overnight temperature is not drop back down her shirt leads to less recovery to the microphone.
Speaker 2: She didn't even recognize.
Speaker 1: I have to hand it really calm.
Speaker 5: I don't know if she knew that was there.
Speaker 20: So those fly.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm an put that up on see it now in just a moment here with the roach on her and everything, you just swat that thing on roaches to sit in the chair in the corner. I'm telling you, without a shadow of a doubt, if a roach ran across me during the show like that, I would absolutely lose it. It would not go well for me. Okay, I'll put this up as we're doing this part of the show, because it's time. Let's do the Power Hour.
Speaker 2: They said it couldn't be done.
Speaker 1: Then they said, squeeze ass it's time for the Power Hour on the news, Chunky nice quick turnaround too. All right, let me just make sure this is up, because I feel so bad for not posting stuff.
Speaker 2: If I say I'm going.
Speaker 1: To there, it is squeeze ass the reporter. That makes sense if you're just tuning into the show. That's base on previous things that happened, so it makes perfect sense in context.
Speaker 2: Squeeze ass.
Speaker 1: Also, I tried to say that as a I was trying to say it as like a compliment, because the woman was like, why would they give me a seventy something year old woman a license played for my car that says she said, I'm I'm an old person and an assistant living facility. Why would you give me a squeeze ass? And I was trying to say every woman could be a squeeze ass. But then I realized a further squeeze ass. The further I thought of my he was gonna say young women from the little Girl's the old lady. I can't I So I had to back out of that. But I meant it as a positive thing. In case you go back to that segment. I want everybody to know about that. All right, Your trash is something we often don't think too much about We just throw it outside. There's few people who follow the rules anymore. Courtney follows the rules from nineteen eighty five, which is hilarious to me, just one of the most hilarious things, which rules. What old rule do you think is? She shouldn't be following she see like she still cuts the things on, like a six pack of soda. I did that too. Do you do that too?
Speaker 5: Except for dolphins turtles? What I do is, I don't do it like every time I have one. I just when I finish a six pack, usually it's in the garage fridge, so I just toss the empty six pack in there. And then when I have a big pile of them, I just take all a bunch of them out and cut them all at one time.
Speaker 1: Saves me a little bit of time. In twenty twenty six, you guys literally still cut up the six pack things, the plastic things. Cordy does it too, and I go, what are you doing? And she goes, I don't know, animals or something. This is something exactly, And I said, people have been hoodwinked by so much of this recycling propaganda over the years. I don't want to be the naysayer, But the truth is half the stuff you put in your recycle bin more than that, actually never gets recycled. It gets sold off to other countries, or it just gets turned into trash and they put it right where the trash goes. Recycling is kind of not all the way, but kind of a scam. It's kind of a scam the whole world of recycling, and half the stuff you put in there isn't recyclable anyways.
Speaker 2: You're getting your pizza.
Speaker 1: You're recycling're arguing over two different things here, what well, the you don't recycle the six pack holder. Well, I'm saying that these are all habits that people get into and a lot of its habit driven. So when you put your stuff, like when you put a pizza box after you order pizza, do you put it in the recycle bin? Habit? I typically don't because it has food waste on it, right, it's got grease and it's got food and like I guess you can't really recycle I'm not supposed to. But if you have a bottle of water, you put that into the recycle bin, right, Yes, Okay, I'm a loose on what you're supposed to do, not suppose.
Speaker 5: I'm also constantly fishing corks out of my recycle bin because my wife thinks that when she's done with a bottle of wine that the whole thing is recyclable, and I don't think cork is recyclable.
Speaker 1: Well, in this case, you better know what's recyclable with Sea Lane, because they're sending the folks out to bash knee caps in Sacramento, California. Enter the garbage cops. The garbage and recycling cops are checking your cans. Boys, that's what's happening. The trash boys are on the case. They are on the case. Here's what's going on.
Speaker 18: Before you roll out your bins, just know your garbage, mixed, recycling, and organic waste containers could be inspected.
Speaker 20: Yeah, we won't be touching any of the contents, just giving a visual.
Speaker 18: The city of Sacramento will have cruise checking containers across the city detractive residents or sorting properly.
Speaker 20: We conducted the same reviews last June, and we found high contamination levels of you know, issues like plastic bags and the recycling.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the deal. I know this happens. I know it's a problem. You gotta do PSAs for this. You cannot send out the trash police. People are not going to take well to this. Even in California. If this happens in your state, it's not going to go well. You can't have somebody going out and digging through your trash in the front yard, and then if I walk out, I'm not going to dig Into's just a visuals. You're not gonna handle a pat down one trash canocular pat down is too much. If I walk outside my front door and I see you looking through my trash, I don't know why, but people are territorial of their trash. I probably wouldn't be too bothered, but a lot of people will go, who woo woo wo, that's my trash. Pal, don't be putting anything in there.
Speaker 5: A vendasaurer says, Orange County does a recycling audio audit once every two years.
Speaker 1: You get a note with a grade on how you did. I've never gotten a note like that for a trash auto. Maybe that's county and not city recycling, but I've never had anything like that from the city. And that's what like who picks up my waist? I've never had anybody come and look in my trash, at least not that I know of.
Speaker 2: By the way, we're dropping out.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah it we lost you there for a second, or you lost me.
Speaker 1: I don't know I lost you. Everybody hurt me? Yeah no, they did not on the stream, they didn't. Everybody on the radio side heard not on the stream side. They're looking through your trash. They're gonna get you. We're a hop skipping a jump away from this, going to the next level where they say hands up. I put your hands up. We're coming after you. You put the wrong stuff in the wrong.
Speaker 20: Camp garbage and their organics.
Speaker 18: Jesse David says it's to be in compliance with SB thirteen eighty three, a state law that requires local jurisdictions to make efforts to reduce methane emissions specifically, but organic waste ending up in landfills. Okay, but residents won't face any fines, just feedback.
Speaker 1: Not yet.
Speaker 20: Container that we've had to will either give a great job, tag or let's sort this out.
Speaker 1: Tag, bro, don't sort this out. I'm not in elementary school. I don't want a sunshine or a storm cloud. I don't want your stickers showing me how you've done. That's what they're doing. How do we feel about this? Do we think this is good? I think that the message is fine, but don't be the trash cops. I think legitimately the way you handle this is through PSAs. You got to have people explaining what goes where, because most people don't know.
Speaker 5: California is a little different than we have it. And I've experienced this because I had a friend that lived in Connecticut who had the same thing. Where where we live, recycling is not mandatory. We can throw everything in the trash can and that's how it goes, but it is there. Yes, California has some of the strictest recycling and waste auction laws in the country. They have to separate the recyclables. They're organic waste, so they have like three bins. They have organic waste and then regular trash and then recycling and they have to do it. My friend that lived in in Connecticut when we went and visited and we were in New Haven, and she's like, no, yeah, make sure you put it in the right bin because I get fined if I don't.
Speaker 1: They would just like they send you a ticket in the mail. They would send you a fine, yeah, like a small citation or something. My god, I would lose it over that. That's like really nanny state stuff. For God's sake. Encourage people to do it, and they will do it, I think, yeah, I mean, I think most people, like go around your neighborhood. There's not too many grumps who don't participate or try to participate in the recycling program.
Speaker 5: Actually I prefer, I mean to do it just because if not, I would need multiple bins for the other stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it fills up so fast. Anyways, I mean with your house. Now, this has been a weird thing that it seems to have transitioned since I became an adult. When I was a young man, when I was a young ward hog as it were. I don't know if this was the case for everybody, but this was the case for me. In row A Palm Beach, my parents would have to go to home depot and buy a trash can. So like we all bought trash cans, and you have like different trash cans, big ones, small ones, different your head, yes you could have all the different styles and sizes, but you bought your own trash can, and then that was a trash can you have now? From what I can tell, in most places there's a trash can that comes with your house. Yeah, because they needed that one.
Speaker 5: They needed them all to be the same so they could lay off garbage workers and have the big robot pick them up.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they've worked out well for them, But I just don't want them rooting through my trash. Let us know what you think, sena dispatch over at the neewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 2: Are this working a few with those?
Speaker 1: Because I've been mentioning it and I promised I would. Here's Trevor, insurance broker. He's talking about the license plate situation. All right. Hello, Hey news a junkie.
Speaker 21: Hey Trevor the insurance broker here. Yep, after ten years, I did have to get a new plate. I've got one of those Marine Corps veterurer and license plates with the Eagle globe an anchor. And yes, this just happened to me this past year. Renewed my tag. How to get it in a new plate?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 1: Another Marine Corps veteran shouts out, brother, right back to you, what you are? I'm also my father served in the Marine Corps, so I too am a veteran of the Marine Corps. So who raw to you? And I appreciate you and I would thank you for your service, be didn't take me from mine, so I don't know how to handle. I'll just thank you for yours for now, Trevor. But thanks for the input. I didn't know this was a thing until Seelan said that that that's legitimately a thing. That they replace your tag every ten years. And that's why the woman got caught with squeeze ass or whatever she ended up with. Hopeful that clip isn't anywhere handy. But here we go. Here's got crypto with a dispatch.
Speaker 22: Howdy folks, Kurt here this has been an eternal battle cyclist against the world. True, you know, and I used to do a bit of cycling. But even then, all the videos and encounters in real.
Speaker 1: Life I'd see the cyclist was usually the.
Speaker 22: Dick most of the times, ignoring stop signs, blown through signals. You know, you're supposed to behave like a motor vehicle according to the law, and yeah, that includes riding on the road. But say, like myself, you'd been hit by cars a few times, you've decided it's not worth it. You'd rather stay on the side.
Speaker 1: I've been hit by cars a few times.
Speaker 23: Bro.
Speaker 1: That's a that's that's quite a bit, even once seems like a lot.
Speaker 22: Well, even with the expansion joints, it's usually not worth it to hoot and holler at someone walking on the sidewalk.
Speaker 2: You know, they got earbuds in, they can't hear you.
Speaker 22: And by the time they do they finally realize what's going on, they turn around and see, oh, you're barreling down towards them, and they jump the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Forget all that. It's easier just.
Speaker 22: To maybe ding your bell if you got one, and just go around them on the ground, even on skinny road bike tires. Just easier and simpler for everyone involved.
Speaker 1: Well, go will go pop up.
Speaker 2: Thank you man, I appreciate the dispatch.
Speaker 1: She brings up a point.
Speaker 5: I have noticed that there's I think it's the same guy in my neighborhood that that's biking down the main road a lot that never stops at stop signs, And I'm like, I technically have the right away here, yeah, and he would probably. I mean, I don't know this guy from Adam, so I mean, he might be a super nice guy and go, that's my bud. But I have I have a feeling that if I tried to in shout there, I'd be.
Speaker 1: Like, whoa, whoa, Oh, I'm I'm on my bike here man. Yeah, you gonna you gotta watch out for bike people. It's a fight that's gone on as long as bikes and pedestrians have been encountering each other, and bikes versus vehicles, and the bikes seem to be at a lot of these things. They seem to be involved quite a bit. Oh, we got a TTS dispatch on the service topic.
Speaker 24: Listen up, Private Watson. I am a gd podcast listener, and I've never dispatched in my entire career as a legacy marine. That is the proper title for what you and I are. Thank you, You are welcome, see lane for our service. In spite of previous orders to dispatch, I have not.
Speaker 1: Do you know why, Watson? Of course you don't, so I'll tell you. H Hi, the.
Speaker 24: Particular story of interest has.
Speaker 1: Already come and gone.
Speaker 24: To put it in terms you will understand, the storyboat has been missed.
Speaker 1: Do you know who is to blame? Story mile, I don't know. I don't know about that part, Buddy did address the service stuff.
Speaker 2: So there you go. Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: We'll get to some more, believe it or not, before the end of the show today. A big thank you to sun State John for the gifted subscriptions. I just saw that coming through a moment ago. Let's see how many, just to make sure, I'll look at that. What a guy, what a supporter, big support fourteen subscription. Let's see you jump on board. Now, let's see what we could do with that in the power hour of the show, because we got more to get to. We got some World Cup drama. I want to play that. We've got a bunch of clips that I want to work together in a grab segment. Don't miss out on any of it. It's coming up next in the News Junkie. More disturbing than the roach on that news lady, which is up on see it now, take a look.
Speaker 2: At that if you get a chance.
Speaker 1: This story is a little freaky, little disturbing. Somebody recorded this happening at a McDonald's drive through. I am going to go on the record saying this doesn't happen at most McDonald's drive throughs, and it's not my experience that they generally work this way. As somebody saw the McDonald's employee through the window and started filming them, and then it ended up with this very very in depth report from a TikTok reporter about what was going on, as the reporter covering what's happening here, some details forthcoming, all right, So if.
Speaker 23: You take a look here, he's very clearly licking his finger there now twice. Watch how many patties.
Speaker 1: He pulls out? One, two, three.
Speaker 23: He's got very clearly about three patties in his hand right there. And immediately after this he does what we'd all expect him to do, which is put his fingers right back.
Speaker 1: Bro, what are you doing? The McDonald's worker has gloves on, and he keeps putting the gloves in his mouth, and he puts the gloves in his mouth and then touches the stack of burgers and then puts the gloves in his mouth again afterwards and is licking the with the gloves. Who does a good chef tastes their food while they're picking it. There's ways to do that. Yeah, my god, he was sucking on his gloves, like the work gloves that they were using. This guy's chronicling every moment he's right back. Now.
Speaker 23: This is a very a large amount of engagement. So there's a lot of awareness on this post. And if you look at the comments here, some people think it's okay, he's just doing quality control.
Speaker 1: This greedy.
Speaker 23: Some people to say he's greedy trying all the patties and stuff like that. But if we see here, at least one person is outraged by this. And the person who filmed this video if him licking his fingers, said they did report it to the manager. So hopefully this guy here is rained in a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rain him in, well, what a weird way to phrase it. Don't don't stop him from serving food, but rain him in right a little bit? Yeah, make him have a pacifier in his mouth. What are you gonna do? They already have him wearing gloves. They thought, what could possibly go wrong? He's not going to be licking them, right, that's not gonna happen. Could not lick my fingers with gloves on? Oh be a weird. I don't know if I could do it. The only thing I licked my fingers for. Okay, I realized I'll run up to that sounded, But the only thing that I licked my fingers for is in the morning when I have all these show prep papers ready to go. They're sticky and they I can't get them to flip the way I want to see. Maybe he was trying to get the patty is not to stick together. It works with my papers for the show. I don't recommend it. If you're working with other people's food, they're not going to like that. Is this right or wrong? All right? This is a simple question that I have for you, But I think it's part of our future. You can tell us if you think if you think this is something that people should be doing or if they shouldn't. Let us know here. But here is the story out of the tech world. Alex Toussaint, who's an engineer, has launched the product that they think is going to be something that every homeowner has. Here he is trying it. I'll explain what's happening here. He's releasing it from this little cup that he's got in his hand. And in the room there's a bug. They're in a room where there's a bug flying around, so they're releasing this little drone. There go the drone finds the bug tracks it down and kills it like it's in a dogfight. And the idea that this company has. The company is saying that we are going to put this out there at some point in time. It's called torn Torniol tornioll. It's a micro drone. Right here, they're showing it. They're showing it just blasting mosquitoes, going now, you got my attention. It says no more mosquitos, Autonomous drone protection from your home, Silent safe and chemical free. You don't have to worry about all the chemicals, all the stuff that people are spraying in things. Would you try this out? Yes? Or no?
Speaker 2: Folks, let us know.
Speaker 1: The little drone floats around and then if it encounters a mosquito anywhere around you it the mosquito, it attacks it and kills it. This is seems like a problem solver that has a very like narrow audience because okay, you have to live in a place that has mosquitoes. That's that's kind of easier. You could find mosquitos around it. Are they only doing mosquitoes? They're doing other bugs too. Mosquitos is what they're pitching it as. Because that I think it's good for a lot of buyers.
Speaker 5: But you also have to be in a situation where you have no other things that a drone would annoy. So like, if you have dogs, there's a good chance of this drone is going to create more of a problem. If you have small children, the drone will create more of a problem. I got hurt them, huh could hurt them? Yeah, But or the dog could jump up and just you know, snap that drone. Snap that drone right out of the air, and it hurts the dog, or it kills your drone, which probably if your drones trained in a air mosquito combat, which this is, it's it's probably not the cheapest drone there is all buy one.
Speaker 1: Somebody says, stop this nonsense. Is somebody else now? I want less drones? Make them for spiders that I'm down. I want to know how it don't do that for spiders. Man, that's where the curse happens. Yeah, it's true, got one in the studio.
Speaker 5: I want to know how the drone kills the mosquito, if it like, if it has something connected to it that performs the task, or is it as simple as just saying, hey, I've got four very fast spinning blades on me, let me just use one of these.
Speaker 1: It looks like it just chops them. Yeah, I think it runs through it with the blades on the drone that you already have.
Speaker 5: That's a hilarious way of using your many drone? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: See? First of all, to own the drone Mosquito Killer one dollars or fifty dollars a month, forever fifty bucks a month, forever fifty dollars just because you don't like smelling like aerosol spray, it'll take the smell bro maintenance included, software updates, build monthly, once shipped, fifty dollars. It's a plastic drone though, right. These are cheap looking, aren't they? Yes? For sure. They have three colors, and it's either one dollars for these and they can reserve them now with one hundred dollars deposit. God, that's real expensive. That's Does that change your mind, folks, because that sounds a little too pricey for me.
Speaker 6: I kind of knew it was going to be that pricey. But I'll put up a bath house. It'll accomplish the same.
Speaker 1: Thing, true, exactly right, in a better solution and still a humane one, you know.
Speaker 2: Not for the mosquitoes.
Speaker 5: I mean, buying the thing for eleven hundred dollars would take you almost two years to even that out.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. It looks like a little plastic drone, like something you would get on Temu or one of the cheap discount websites, or.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think some gas stations might tell him. By now, I think I've seen a small plastic drone in the gas station. All right, quick break when we come back, final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, And today I learned to wrap everything up for a Wednesday that's coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: A couple of things to wrap it up here today. Did you guys see I don't want to play it because I think it might be cursing. Would you see the video where shil Lah Buff went up to the car with his stalker in it. No, Shilah Buff, I guess it's had some stalker for a while. And he went up to the stalker's car, right to her window, and he said, hey, stop, you're scaring me. You're scaring my family, you're scaring the people who love me, and I want you to stop. And she's just like oh, you know, she's just completely beside herself that Shila Buff is actually speaking with her. And then somebody said this woman has been stalking him for years and they linked her Instagram and her whole instagram is talking about like he loves me, We're gonna be together. And I thought, is it a bad move that your stalker is only going to be more.
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna like it's gonna give them more confidence if you actually interact with them. I know the cops would say, don't do this right like rhaps would be like, do not feed into this person's delusions. But he went out there and he was like talking to this woman in her car, and I imagine that they would not be thrilled about him doing that.
Speaker 2: But exposure therapy, I don't know if that works.
Speaker 1: You can play this he doesn't curk can I Okay, let me see I'll have to do on this man. You're scaring me and my family.
Speaker 5: There's a community note on it that says the woman recording is schizophrenic, schizophra schizophrenic and believes she is married to the actor Shilah Buff seen in the video. She needs serious help. I think so Usually when you hear a stalker, it's guy on girl right, it's a Taylor Swift area are in a grande. A lot of these pop femail singers pop stars have had stalkers and have had to take legal trouble. I think for Shilah buff it's probably less dangerous to confront them, but you do run the risk of kind of confirming whatever crazy idea they have in their head by talking to them. But I mean, if she's schizophrenic, you did better just hope that there's not something else going on where she thinks, Like if she got scared, she gets all stabby or something.
Speaker 1: Well, that could happen too, You'd never know. Mark on YouTube says, she'll just stalk harder. Here's the audio, you see. I could play this. Yeah, all right, bless you leave me alone, scare him my dad, scare him, scaring my people, cool silvil war Beard alone. As much as I watched, I'd stop it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, So she's in the car.
Speaker 1: What's funny is she's been trying to get his attention for all these years, and she's like, oh my god, he really does love me. He's at my window of my car right now. It's the la Buffster. He might hear us over in New Orleans shouts out to our friend Shilah Buff out there. What a joy your movies?
Speaker 2: Yes, he does have some good ones.
Speaker 1: Holes, right, banger, what's your favorite Shilah buff movie? Is a Holes? Transformers one transfer the good one? Yeah, classic where we were introduced to me for the first time. Yeah, I was at the one where she puts the hood of the car up and she's like, oh my, I don't know if I'll be able to fix this.
Speaker 2: Out here all sexy? Was damn you, Josh, thank you John.
Speaker 1: If you're ready to for that. Your reaction to that was hilarious. That was not I was not ideal.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Let's get the hell out of here. Let's do today.
Speaker 21: I arn the following information may make you feel smarter but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 2: So don't get cocky.
Speaker 1: It's what we came today. It is today. I learned for a Wednesday, July fifteen, twenty twenty six. Today learned this guy right here. That's right Michael Jackson. Indeed, his high pitched voice was not his natural voice. His natural voice was much deeper than the one he presented in public, which would have been hilarious to hear. You were ever hanging out with my Jackson and he did something like, you know, Michael Jackson that very high pitch voice, and for really it was like, oh if he had a nice deep voice on there. I think there is like video of him using his not so magne Jackson voice. I think somewhere. Really. The only thing is I think he says the N word in it. Shut up.
Speaker 5: I think it was like like there is some video on YouTube that was like Michael Jackson caught on tape using the N word. There's no way we can get him this tomorrow.
Speaker 21: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I spent our last minute on Michael Jackson saying the N word. If we were gunna. Though. Today I learned this band right here, that's right, the Foo Fighters. In twenty fifteen, one thousand musicians gathered to play this song Learned to Fly all together, and they had a plate with the Food Fighters please come and play along with them up. They took them up on it back in twenty fifteen, and we're part of a record with over a thousand people playing along to this song. Thank you so much for Hak and with this we do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow at the same time, the same place. Miss sending the show. Get the podcast over on the newsjokie dot com. We'll see you next time. Everybody Comication