Speaker 1: It's Monday morning. Good morning.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are off. I think a lot of the radio stations are closed down. They boarded up the radio station across the hallway. There's boards, there's plywood on the windows.
Speaker 3: Don't come back.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm not really sure what that's all about.
Speaker 2: It I broke in and I stole some things because you know, it's an abandoned radio station, right, So what do we have nothing? Bailey just walked in because there's ice all over the cars. There's ice all over the roads.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It's not bad on the main roads. It's just on your neighborhood side streets. It's can be a little bit, a little bit slippery.
Speaker 4: It's also tough because we have I wass talking about like a bunch of grass on the side of our apartment building and that's where we take our dog able to pee, but it's so icy, so we were she's trying to pull to go pee and stuff, and we're like, wait, don't go because we're gonna fall.
Speaker 3: But the ice is a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be careful. There's ice on your car. Ice and your car. Then Bailey this morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, it was like kicked on so much where you're like scraping it and then nothing's coming off, so then you could just have to kind of wait for your defroster to kick in you can get underneath it.
Speaker 3: So that was that was rough.
Speaker 6: But I'm here now.
Speaker 2: We got to work in a couple of days before Christmas Eve. We are here today and tomorrow we are doing Christmas wish. Thank you for listening. I don't know what your routine is, whether you get up and turn us on right away, or whether you've been up for a while, or whether you listen to the show later, but I'm glad you are here. Every weekend we take pictures of what we did over the weekend, and just like you do and you got them on your phone, you put them on Instagram or whatever, we do the same thing. So we always talk about our favorite picture from the weekend and the story behind it. Mine is a picture of my injured finger. I was walking through the kitchen holding a box, and I'm looking in the box to see what's in there. As I'm walking, not watching where I'm walking, I stumble over another box on the floor and I trip and I went down so hard that my Apple Watch had that alarm that said I see you took a hard fall. This is a feature on the Apple Watch. I see you took a hard fall? Do you want us to nine one one? And I said no, But I told Susan and Carson. They jumped up. Are you okay? I said, I think I broke my finger. I looked at my pinky finger. It was mangled, twisted sideways and backwards. I'd never seen anything it was so gnarly. Look at it was the first word that comes to mind, and I'm like, I think I broke my finger. And the first thing I thought was I don't want to spend Friday night in the emergency room, three hours in the waiting room. Bills, bills, bills, Can you pay my bills? And so Susan said, I'll bet it's just out of joint. Can you pop it back into joint? So I grabbed my pinky finger and I squeezed and I pulled, and I felt it slide back into plays. You look at it, it is a little bit swollen and still a little bit kind of wonky looking. It looks like, yeah, it doesn't quite look and it's purple.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just noticed the purple part right here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the tip kind of looks like a you know, I just.
Speaker 2: Died, kind of like my finger a little zombie finger anyway, So I took a picture of that. My friend, nurse Wendy said, tape it to your ring finger and that'll help it splint.
Speaker 3: So sure you weren't drunk. Fat had a situation like this a couple.
Speaker 1: Of years ago, was seriously hurt. Though didn't he get hurt.
Speaker 4: He stumbled over something in his kitchen. I think he rubbed his finger against his like the end of his island in the kitchen, and yeah, he had what's called ring evulsion.
Speaker 3: Finger was almost entirely gone.
Speaker 2: Where the ring got pulled off, but the skin said no, so it pulled the skin off with horrible should never get married. That's an emergency room visit. So the picture is the picture of me holding my sore finger in the adhesive tape on in front of the camera. So that's my best picture of the weekend, Jenny, give me the best picture of the weekend.
Speaker 1: But not just that. The story behind it.
Speaker 7: The story behind it is that I've been doing a kitchen project since I believe March.
Speaker 6: I started doing random things in my kitchen and I'm.
Speaker 7: Finally done with it because I got open shelving installed and my dad gave me some circular soft forever Ago, and I had no idea how to use it or that it would work for what I needed.
Speaker 6: With this project. And I just went to town with it and got it all done.
Speaker 7: So that's gonna be my favorite picture, which might be boring to some people, but let me sell your video.
Speaker 6: It was yet a project done like that.
Speaker 7: It feels like one of the biggest accomplishments you've ever done.
Speaker 2: It was I saw your video really impressive, so go see it on Jenny Katiebbe.
Speaker 5: Honestly, speaking of boring, I didn't do a lot this weekend. I had like barely anything written down. So my favorite picture is me and my mom at church choir. We had like our big kind of like church Christmas choir concert thing yesterday.
Speaker 6: We sang six songs.
Speaker 5: We all got to like dress up fancy for it, so that was nice, and like more people come to it, so it seems like, you know, we're performing for like a crowd, So yeah.
Speaker 1: That's coolah for you, that's fun, very nice.
Speaker 4: My favorite picture I was home at Jersey last weekend and we took Christmas family photos my parents and my sister and I and we finally got them back. So my favorite picture is it's me my youngest sister, Laylah. She's ten but acts like she's twenty five. She's posing the picture because she says she's the main which she said.
Speaker 2: Go check those out there on a Dave Ryan show on Instagram. All right, coming up on the show, we have a Christmas wish. I think we might have wild tickets today. Not today, all right, well we will have the wild. I think they lost their they broke their winning streak. Vikings won yesterday. Big playoff picture changes yesterday, you guys. The Viking has been out of it since September. The Mike has been out of the playoff picture. Broncos lost yesterday. The Packers and Bears. What a game on Saturday night. It was the Packers kind of dominated the entire game, and it's like they deserve to win, they're the better team. And then the Bears kicked an onside kick. Only five percent of on side kicks are recovered by the kicking team. The Bears recovered it and then they won. It was It was crazy. What a game.
Speaker 3: I was so mad.
Speaker 6: I had a birthday party in a bar.
Speaker 7: There's not a single Packer fan overrown, but there are a lot of Vikings fans who were rooting.
Speaker 6: Against the Packers. Yeah, so I was like.
Speaker 7: And sat in a booth by myself, away from everyone because.
Speaker 1: I got so mad. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a good weekend. Let us know if there's anything on your mind. You can always reach out to us at k d WB. One roads are a little slippery. The main runza not so bad, but watch it on the side streets and we'll be right back on KDB on KDWB, let's get right into your boy, vont stirring the hot merry Christmas.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Christmas and traveling, stop talking loud on planes, damn it, Oh my gosh. And in airports when I was driving, when I was getting ready to fly to Jersey last weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm in the airport and you know how they have.
Speaker 4: Like the the seats across from each other. There's a husband and wife not sitting next to each other, whatever, but they're just talking at full volume about whatever drama to got going on, whatever they're angry about with each other.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, nobody wants to hear that.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm going to agree with you.
Speaker 5: I just was flying out and about and the amount of people, and it feels like when you're on a plane, you're a captive audience. So the stranger sitting next to you is going to tell you their life story super loud. Overheard so many conversations where they're like, well, once my sister died, then this happened, and then show and show was on drugs. You're like, this poor person that you're talking to, why are they being subjected to this?
Speaker 6: Is because they can't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: That well, it's true, but I think there's always I mean not always, but I noticed a Toovont, Like on an airplane, there's always somebody whose voice that carries They just have a loud voice and they're talking. There's an airplane volume, or if you're talking to your seat. Made me like, yeah, you know, I'm going to Milwaukee, I'm gonna go see my cousin Linda, and you can talk quietly. But there are some people who it's almost like they want to know that they are there talking and they want to be noticed. They want to be noticed, and there's just nothing you can do about it. And they are the chatty ones, and of course you're dying to find out what they look like, because in your mind they look like and complete morons. So you can't wait to stand up at the end of the flight to look and see what they look like. So, yeah, totally get it. When I got on an airplane, the first thing I do, whether I hook him up or not, I put my air pods in my ears and I will not talk. I just won't. And I'm a moderately friendly person. I just don't want to get engaged in that. And I remember one time I was on an airplane and there's an old man and he's probably like seventy five years old, sitting next to me, and he's bored. He is rocking around and looking and he goes, what kind of phone you got there? I literally pretended that I couldn't hear him. I didn't even have my EarPods air pods in. I literally pretended that I couldn't hear him. And he looked at me like you okay, And I just kept looking ahead and gave us and he never bothered me again.
Speaker 1: Phone you got there?
Speaker 4: Because my natural instinct would be just to look. I feel like the most the most natural instinct. Somebody starts talking to you. Look, but good for you for not even budget because yeah, I don't mind having conversations excuse me, with people.
Speaker 3: But I've said this before.
Speaker 4: It is okay also to not talk to me when I'm in an uber, when I'm on a plane, when I'm at the nail salon. You don't have to keep finding small talk. It's okay for the room to just breathe.
Speaker 2: That's how I am gonna get my haircut. I go to Great Clips and they're pretty they have a pretty good read, pretty good instinct. It's like I get my phone out and I'm doing word tower. Yeah, okay, they know that I'm doing word tower, that I'm not talking talk to me.
Speaker 6: I'm working on my tower on a plane.
Speaker 3: Keep your voice low. Nobody wants to hear what you've got going on.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. All Right.
Speaker 2: It is KTWB. It is a couple of days away from Christmas, so we're gonna load the show up with a little more Christmas music. Oh my god, KDWB Dave Ryan Show, Good Morning, Merry Christmas. It's kind of that limbo weird oh kind of a week where if you're going into work, maybe not everybody is there, or maybe you are all ready on vacation. A lot of radio people are already off because they're like, I mean, why bother? Because why bother? And that's my that's my motto in life.
Speaker 7: Bother?
Speaker 1: It's becoming why bother? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like I could wash the dishes, but why bother? Why could go to the gym? No, you still go to the gym. You know, I gotta keep up the twenty one inch biceps. That type of thing could pick up the dog poop in the front yard. But why that's my New Year's resolution for twenty twenty six. No, why bother? Why bob? What does it all matter?
Speaker 1: You know? Why bother? Like this day a new day?
Speaker 6: Why he's cool? He's like whatever?
Speaker 1: Why bother? Say no to a crock pot full of meat balls?
Speaker 2: Why bother? That seek all right, We'll be right back. What is your sing a long song of the day? What do you want to hear? What do you want to sing along with? You want a Christmas song? We can do a Christmas song. There's no rules this week? Why bother?
Speaker 1: Why so?
Speaker 2: May if you want a Christmas song? Send us a text with your Christmas song that you want to sing along with. What do you love to sing along with, whether it's Christmas or not? Text us your song to sing along with. We'll do it next. We've got somebody on the phone to request for the sing along song of the day.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Christa, Good morning Chris?
Speaker 1: Is driving you gotta? Are you working this week, Krista?
Speaker 8: I am.
Speaker 1: I'm going to work on my family farm currently. Oh gotcha? Dairy farm?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Well, I could hear it in your voice? Can you milk a cow?
Speaker 2: How many cows you milk it out there on the dairy farm? Over two thousand? Are you pretty tight with the people over at KEMPS?
Speaker 6: We are?
Speaker 1: Look at this, I feel like I know you. Krista.
Speaker 2: We could hang out. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Krista. What song would you like to hear on the right of the family dairy farm?
Speaker 5: I would love to get in the Christmas spirit this morning and here underneath the tree.
Speaker 1: Well you got it.
Speaker 2: Tell Bessie we said, hi, Okay, thank you? One on one three KDW B. It is proudly brought to you by the Leo Agency. There's a lot of people talking about flying this time of the year beak, a lot of people are flying holidays and visiting family. Vaunt was talking about don't talk on airplanes loudly. There is a new trend and maybe you've noticed this, and it's kind of come up over the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: It's called jetway Jesus.
Speaker 3: Oh, I have heard of that.
Speaker 2: Jetway Jesus is apparently being cured of your inability to walk as soon as they wheel you onto the airplane. So a lot of people have discovered that if they go to the airline and say I need wheelchair assistance, they get the board before everyone else.
Speaker 3: Oh that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Oh I see.
Speaker 2: Then they get on the airplane and when they pull up to their destination, all of a sudden, praise the Lord Jesus. They are cured. Yes, and now they get up and they're able to walk. Young people, old people, And they say that it's getting so ridiculous. It's delaying flights because the rest of us were waiting for our flight chance to get on. But they preboard people with disabilities even if they don't have disabilities. So there'll be people who go like, you know what, it sounds great, I'll get on a little bit earlier. I get better seating, I get a luxurious ride down the ramp down the jetway, and everybody else has to wait. They said that one recent flight out of Minneapolis had thirty wheelchair passengers. Thirty. Usually you see maybe two or three, and they're like old bags and old guys and old crones or whatever, old crones. But now you see like twenty eight year old Shila with her husband Eric, and they're both in a wheelchair being wheeled down the ramp thirty deep, and you got to wait for them. So then they get cured when they get to Denver because praise jet wagh Jesus hallelu Yeah, the.
Speaker 6: Cabin pressure that they have been cured.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, I think this.
Speaker 4: Is kind of cool, only because because I'd love.
Speaker 1: To get an tell me you would do no, I.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't do it right, Because every time you walk into the airport you see the people that are getting escorts. You're kind of like, dang, that's cool. They're on the golf cars with the TSA agents whatever. Yeah, that's cool, but it's stupid because no matter how early you get on the plane, no matter how early you get off the plane, you have to wait for us to all get to where we're going at the same time. It's like the people that stand up early when the plane lands, like you can't get off any sooner.
Speaker 1: I sit, I just sit, and I just wait with this.
Speaker 5: I like, I also see the same thing every time I go to Disney. There are people with the little scooters that don't need a little scooter.
Speaker 6: They just don't want to walk all day. And I'm like, I don't want to walk all day either, But you don't need a scooter. You're fine, You're my age.
Speaker 2: I'm push push him over, make Troy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: They want to get on the ride for early or something.
Speaker 5: They want to skip the line, which like, okay, sometimes you have to skip the line.
Speaker 6: But sometimes you're just getting a scooter because you're late.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: True, just the self centeredness of some people in our society is mind boggling. Or I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt. I don't know you very well, but I know you have good taste in radio stations. But I would say that I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that you are a good person. The only time you'll end up in a wheelchair is if you need a wheelchair, but Jetway Jesus is something to watch for when you're traveling this year. All right, let's do the dirt Rocky by sixty one two injured Himer and Lamber's injury long and be real honest with you. It is a slow time for celebrities. I already did it. I already did it. Yes, a slow time for celebrities because they're taking the time off from creating drama. So we'll see if there's a little bit we do a story about Taylor Swift and how she met Travis Kelsey. It turns out her mama was the one who set her up.
Speaker 5: You call me up like with this tone of like, hey, so I know you're gonna not react well to this.
Speaker 6: But there's a guy. He's really cute.
Speaker 5: You said something to the effect of like you gotta start doing.
Speaker 2: Something different, okay, And then her mom told her about Travis.
Speaker 1: I lost so much weight and that's not it. Okay, we're getting ready.
Speaker 2: He's the nicest guy, and you know what, he really loves his mom. I went king and I said, now, how in the world am I going to get her to meet him?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Dorrible, Dave, did you ever finished watching at Taylor Swift doc No, I watched enough.
Speaker 2: I mean seriously, no disrespect, but I saw all that I wanted to see. I watched the three hour concert documentary fast forward through the songs I don't know, and then watched some of the behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: But I saw all I wanted to see.
Speaker 7: There's been a lot of drama going on with Victoria David Beckham, and then there son of Brooklyn and his wife, and so there was all this speculation that David and Victoria stopped following Brooklyn recently on Instagram and all this stuff. But their other son, Cruise, is setting the record straight saying no, we all woke up one morning and we were all blocked. So Brooklyn and his wife went and blocked like the rest of the family. They're like, my parents would not unfollow their son on Instagram, Like come on, yeah, who knows who to believe here? All I remember was there was one story from their wedding where Victoria like they made a joke and made it about Victoria at the wedding when it was like you should never take the spotlight away from the bride and groom, right, So, like, I don't know who's in the wrong here, but the drama keeps continuing with his family.
Speaker 5: Bowen Yang's last SNL episode was this Saturday, and it was kind of a shock too.
Speaker 6: I feel like I heard it was a shock yeah, that.
Speaker 1: People were last episode.
Speaker 6: He was last episode.
Speaker 5: He's just like, I'm done mid season, so he got kind of emotional.
Speaker 8: I just feel so lucky that I ever got to work here, and I just wanted to enjoy for a little bit longer, especially the people. I've loved, every single person works here because they've done so much to me, especially my boss.
Speaker 3: And then outcomes Share.
Speaker 8: Before I go, do you have any feedbacks for me?
Speaker 6: Well, everyone thought you were a little bit too gay.
Speaker 3: Do you know what you're from?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 1: It was a cute skip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've seen clips and stuff. It looked like a cute episode. And Share though was accused of lip syncing during her performance, and I'm pretty sure it was the DJ pair. My mom watched it and she was telling everybody at church She's like Share was lip syncing.
Speaker 4: There was a big boxing event over the weekend Jake Paul Versus, Anthony Joshua and Anthony Joshua Wan. Here is a little clip of the aguess winning calls that much he's gonna put And.
Speaker 1: Who is Anthony Joshua? Do we know?
Speaker 3: I've never heard of him before?
Speaker 5: Me neither, But I know Jake Paul sucks, so sucks.
Speaker 6: He's like a garbage person, isn't he? Well, he is a garbage person.
Speaker 7: Anthony Joshua is a professional boxer himself, but I think he had taken some time off, so that's why people were like, maybe Jake Paul has like a little bit of a chance, but no, he didn't.
Speaker 3: This is a big event to Alyssa put it on.
Speaker 4: We didn't watch it when it happened, but the next day it was like three hours long on Netflix. And you know boxing matches, they have like pre events and all these other things that happened before the main event. Here's Jake Paul after the fact, talked about a possible broken jaw.
Speaker 9: Man, I've already won in every single way in life, my family, my beautiful fiance, Utah, this sport has helped me so much in my life. I think my jaw is broken, by the way, So yeah, it's definitely broke.
Speaker 1: Like I said, Slow Dirt days.
Speaker 6: Such a douche.
Speaker 7: Honestly, he posted a photo yesterday, I think on Instagram, and it was of him and like his private jet and all he had was like stacks of cash layered all over the jet.
Speaker 6: And then the caption was like make your dreams happen.
Speaker 7: And I was like, I was so disturved by that apportange.
Speaker 6: I was like, God, I would punch you in the face if I got the opportunity.
Speaker 2: You're so violent, Jenny, so violent and deserved, just trying to live his life. Wow, all right, that is the dirt brought you by six one two injured Heimer and Lamber's injury law. What a DJ just came in the studio.
Speaker 1: Look at this. Oh my god, they're on the ones and twos. Look at this. It is the dance party.
Speaker 2: On KATLGB dance party on one to one point three KTLB. I gotta give a shout out to a woman named Olivia. I passed her in the walking loop over in Chan happening yesterday, and I passed her once because my dog lunged at her dog and I said.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry. She's like, no, you're good.
Speaker 2: And then I passed her again because it's a loop and she's like, hey, are you Dave? Ryan, and I said yeah, and I'm like, what's your name? And she said, I'm Olivia. I listened to you all the time on iHeartRadio. And I thought it was interesting that she didn't say on KATWB she said on iHeartRadio. Isn't that interesting that people are now like listening more and more on the app and they don't necessarily think of it as radio, They think of it as iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Is that cool?
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of people still listen to here on your car radio. You get a radio in your bedroom or your kitchen, in your bathroom or whatever. But a lot of people are making the transformation to digital on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: Well, if you're listening on the iHeartRadio app or on your regular radio. Coming up next, we the people Bailey myself in Vanta are going to be taking one David Ryan two people's court because he is so beyond guilty for something and he doesn't even know what it is.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I plead guilty, not guilty, already objection and we'll find out that guilty. I don't know what it's all about. We'll do it next on KATWB. Now, the Christmas Wish comes up in about an hour. More Christmas music spiked in here and there need anything text us it k d wub one