Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker. It's Game four of the NLDS and we're joined by National star Power.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: One of the great guys you'll ever meet, a great outfielder and also an even better analyst for Turner Sports, and that is the one and only Jeff Francor. Jeff, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Can you repeat that and send it to my wife for me?
Speaker 1: Hey, both you and I are in the doghouse.
Speaker 3: It sounds like these days, no doubt, absolutely this is uh. You know, postseason gets long, especially in this but I love it, man, It's it's what we look for.
Speaker 1: Jeff, we were talking to Nomar Garcia Para yesterday. With the start time today and the sun being out, you were noticing that maybe right field, you know this better than most, might be a tough sky today.
Speaker 3: It is, And I'll tell you what makes it so hard is just because you know when the ball gets above the deck here and that sky, it just it's only there for a second and it's out.
Speaker 2: You're back into the fans. It's bright.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's one thing we know about when that suns out It is as bright as anywhere you play, So it's gonna be something to keep an eye on, especially early that that first four or five.
Speaker 2: Any kind of area is going to be interesting.
Speaker 1: I actually remember in nine Matt Holliday lost a fly ball here in a playoff game, right with all the towels.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's exactly what I'm saying. It's just a lot.
Speaker 3: Going on right the yellow seeds to the blue seats.
Speaker 2: The ball goes up. So that's what I said.
Speaker 3: It's very this were the Dodgers. Of course, these guys having played here in the outfield, there.
Speaker 2: Is a big advantage.
Speaker 1: We saw the Philly slug more yesterday at Dodgers Stadium. You know how well the ball travels now here. It feels like today has a recipe for possibly more slug from both sides.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what you would think.
Speaker 3: So right, but then when you look at who's pitching with Sanchez and Glass. Now, look, the good news for the Dodgers last night was, even though you lost that ball game, you didn't.
Speaker 2: Use VESI didn't use she Hen, you didn't use Sasaki.
Speaker 3: So you you have your horses lined up behind Glass now, so I think it'll be interesting early. You know, I said yesterday, I felt like the longer the game went yesterday close, the advantage went to the Phillies.
Speaker 2: I can see opposite today.
Speaker 3: I think the longer the game goes close with the Dodgers firepower they have, they're not the.
Speaker 2: Battle sand Chest.
Speaker 3: He's obviously very good, but then you get him out and they have their ability to let that offense take over.
Speaker 1: Jeff, can you just describe the difference and the different feeling with the starter like Glass? Now, if you get him early runs, how much that changes the complexion of the game. Well, it's big because you know Dave Roberts, look, you know, with Otani, with Snell, with even Yamamota.
Speaker 2: Look last night it just fell apart from him. But those are guys you trust, like you're going six plus for me. With Glass.
Speaker 3: Now, obviously we all know incredible stuff has the ability to go out and throw seven innings of no hit ball easily. I mean, you don't get many hits off this guy. But I also think Dave's going to keep an eye on the walks sometimes can creep up on him, and so I think those are all things that you know Dave is going to keep an eye because at the end of the day, look for the Dodgers no matter what happens today. You know you have Otani if there's a Game five on the mount. But the last thing this team wants to do is get on a bird and have to go back to Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Jeff Frank Korz on the call tonight with Brian Anderson on Turner, speaking on show, heyo Tani one hit as a hitter in fourteen at bats. What have you seen from him where seems like he's just not himself.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's like anything. I think he's one of the greatest hitters I've ever seen. That's how hard this game is when you get pitched tough, and I just think for him, the one thing I see is fourteen abs or fifteen abs one walk this postseason and walk. This guy walked one hundred and nine times during the year. He you know, And for me, I look, you know, he always opens up right like that's his power thing. But I just see him flying open a lot. And if you actually watch what three or four of his strikeouts looking are all kind of painted on that outside corner. So I think for him, he's got to get back and take that Freddie Freeman approach today where he looks the left center here at Chavez Ravine, because we all know this man he can hit it pole to pole out of this park. And I just think he's in big time pull mode right now. And for him, if he starts shooting it the other way, well you better watch out.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like he's just trying to do too much to try to.
Speaker 3: He's trying to pull right now, He's trying to poll quick, and that's one thing for him.
Speaker 2: No matter how good of a hitter you are, when you.
Speaker 3: Have guys like Sanchez Lozardo who's got that good.
Speaker 2: Run in you know, perfect examples.
Speaker 3: Yesterday Tommy Edmond hits that home run off Ranger and O'tani first pitch roll over to third, and I'm just saying, you get to try too hard, right Bryce Harper, we saw it in Game one and two in Philly. You're trying hard, big swing. So I think for Otani, you just got to get back to no. Just try to hit the ball up the middle the other way and then if they hang one, look, he's one of the most talented hitters. He's gonna hit one where Schwarber did so for him, it's letting the game come to him a little bit and not be so anxious to hit before I let you go.
Speaker 1: How great is that booth with Brian Anderson?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man, I love it. He's such a pro. You know he's talking to a Milwaukee guy again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got the Milwaukee connection over there sometimes sometime sometimes though Ba's eyes aren't as good enough to help him out sometimes letting them know no way.
Speaker 1: Great chemistry with two great guys. Thanks a lot for the time, Jeff. Always love talking to you.
Speaker 2: You're the best man. I love being out here with you. Thank you.