Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros Papaday, guests left school after sixth grade and the voice of the Bolts that Money Smith.
Speaker 2: The answer is money.
Speaker 3: There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Oh, Doyers, Doyers, doyers dollars.
Speaker 3: Do you're dore?
Speaker 2: I don't got to listen to this show. Paul k up the West Coast. It's proper. Jeff Petros kuys like us. We are a dime a dozen.
Speaker 1: Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
Speaker 2: Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.
Speaker 3: It's Petros Money Show here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. Some would call it the Blowtorch AM five seventy LA Sports. On a Frogman Friday, Petros Papadakis, Jonas Knox in for Matt money Smith here waxing poetically to get everybody set up for the weekend.
Speaker 1: Petros, are you gonna go to the flag football event? Why don't you tell the people about it in court? Like, who wouldn't go to the flag football event?
Speaker 3: It's not this weekend, It's next weekend and the Fanatics Flag Football Classic is coming to be Moost Stadium in Los Angeles Saturday, March twenty first, one pm. The historic tournament brings together Tom Brady, Jalen Hurts, Jaden Daniels, Sakwan Barkley, Odell Beckham, Junior, Rob Gronkowski, Joe Burrow, Logan Paul I, Show Speed, YouTuber and streamer, and more of the NFL's biggest superstars, league global athletes in the official USA Flag Football National Team, Petros's guys to finally crown a true world champion in flag football. The event is brought to you by Fanatics Studios. Get your tickets now at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: And we did make the announcement at the top of the show, but there is an extension of the Pettersen Money Bjays deal. We are going to Bjys on Thursday for a Petrosen Money Power Lunch two to four at a place we've never been a little city eight miles east of downtown Los Angeles, considered part of the Gateways Cities and Sam Gabriel Valley Cities a member of the Gateway Cities Council. In Italian, it means beautiful mountain. I'm med and my Italian team stands it up, a beautiful mountain. The Oilers, we will be there from two to four. Come and see us. We've got giveaways. We've got the Superpower Posse in the house. We look forward to seeing you there two to four. We got opening day tickets to give away. We've got sweet tickets for the Dodger game. But that's not why you show up. I know why you show up.
Speaker 3: Great sports talk, great sports talk.
Speaker 5: And that's why I want to wet my beak. I think my former dentist, he'll be there in Montabello. Oh yeah, why is he your former dentist. Well, he was a chillist, grilled doctor Watosse, big fan of petrossse Yes, Japanese American.
Speaker 2: Send him down. He'll be there.
Speaker 5: He's a Monabella grad, loves Petros and I went to him for a long time.
Speaker 3: But he retired. Doctor Watasse, Yeah, I thought he was irish. I'm glad you cleared that up, Hey, Japanese Irish.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that there was any criticism on yesterday's show. It really walks some real racial lines when you started trying to trade away and you did racial drafts. Seventy pound black guy sitting around and taking all the heat. It's just me, my fat ass. Yes, our audience figures out even though he's got a weird name. Pentreance is a white guy.
Speaker 3: You said it was a white guy day. Most thought it was white guy.
Speaker 2: Some money is white boy Day. Story of the day.
Speaker 1: Well, I said we would do this. I'll tell you the story that Steve Hartman wanted me to tell earlier. We had David Vassy and Steve Hartman together today in the afternoon. You were just telling me Jonas how much you enjoyed that show and the Fusion.
Speaker 2: It was an honor to be on the Fusion.
Speaker 1: I've never been on the You took a selfie of yourself during the futureon. I thought that was a little weird. I never thought I'd make you guys here.
Speaker 3: A Fusion, especially the uh the orgy comparison, I thought really really brought it home from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, four Virgins and an Orgy. We forgot how to do the fusion.
Speaker 2: It was. It was.
Speaker 3: It was a little haphazard, it was a little much. I think I was sitting on some copy paper over there.
Speaker 1: Everybody was trying to talk at the same time. Hartman was all geeked up. Vasse was trying to fire away from freaking Campbell back ranch.
Speaker 2: What a mess.
Speaker 1: But there was also that, Yeah, we gotta go to the ball. Then go put your headset down. Nobody needs you. We got Hartman. But the story Hartman was trying to tell was I was doing a one hour show I think it was called the Bonus Hour that came on after Roger Lodge and his friend on fifteen forty And Roger Lodge's friend was a guy named Mitch Whitfield, who was the other guy not Ralph Maccio being tried for murder in my cousin Vinnie Oh, really the actor, all right, So that's Roger's friend. And Roger didn't like Mitch after a while and pushed his friend off the show. Anyway, But we were doing an hour me and Mark Willard, right, and I'm learning to do daily sports talk radio was like twenty four years.
Speaker 2: Old, and it was a circus.
Speaker 1: It was a mess and during that time, the Loose Cannon's job, the guy that chet forty that or no, I think it was Philly Billy when Warrendal at that time, he wasn't gonna do the Loose Cannon show with Hartman anymore, so they were trying out new people. And I went over there and did a day with Hartman. I'd never been on you know, they let me go. It was over on the old station. This station used to be on ard More in the Koreatown area, and I went and did the show. I mean, I didn't know what was going on. I met Don Martin for the first time. It was around the time the Kobe Bryant rape trial was happening. Is that's a frame of reference for you. And I was living in a one room apartment in San Pedro, and like two nights after I did that show on my landline in San Pedro in my studio apartment on Point Furman, Hartman called me and he said, you're the one. You're in the lead.
Speaker 2: You're the guy.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hire you right now. You're gonna get this job. You're gonna make come a hundred thousand dollars year. You're gonna be cry, you know, and I'm like, oh my god, you know wow. And I remember like going to dinner that night with my girlfriend's family at the Versailles in Manhattan Beats the Cuban restaurant and being like, hey, dinner's on me. Times are gonna change for the old p I'm gonna make it, you know. And they never called me again. They hired they did a Laker deal, they hired Michael Thompson, and it just went from there. They never hired me again, and uh and but it was like a long run, and I ended up you know, creating a show and figuring out how to do it at fifteen forty, and then ended up over here working with Matt some years later, not many years later, just a couple of years later, but uh, that was the story.
Speaker 2: You're in the lead.
Speaker 1: So he still people text me like to this day, you know, you're in the.
Speaker 4: Lead here the guy.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna be the one anyway, You aren't.
Speaker 3: The name Chat forty by the way, because I used to listen to the loose Cannons Chat forty and I remember, uh, Sam Botege tell me a story one time that Pad O'Brien Bony so Sam Boni, Pat O'Brien, and Steve Hartman were sitting in a room and Steve started bringing up Chat forty again for the million time because he loved Chet and Pat O'Brien stepson.
Speaker 2: It just goes.
Speaker 3: Chet's dead, Steve. Wait what I can't I can't talk about my friend Chet's dead, Steve.
Speaker 1: It's hard, it's it's it's hard to pinpoint of a more dark and evil person than Pat O'Brien.
Speaker 2: But anyway, that's the story. That's the you're in the lead.
Speaker 3: You forget, but you forgave me for the Christmas gifts, and you forgive forgive Steve Steve Hartman all these years later, So I think that's saying something.
Speaker 2: About forgive it like Jesus, Well, thank you.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: That's the story, and we'll be back with Petro Send money on amphi seventy LA Sports, the lessons learned in Great Sports Talk coming up next on a Frogman Friday, Jonas Knox is in and we appreciate it.
Speaker 2: This is Petro send.
Speaker 6: Money on de Man demand.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's a Frogman Friday. Petro send money on our five seventy LA Sports. Your home of Colin Yee's Neutral Corner Show.
Speaker 2: Not quite Ringside.
Speaker 3: Nine to ten on Saturdays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah, Jonas Knox is here. We're all happy to be together and know this. The Dodgers will be back on the air tomorrow at one oh five. Dodgers socks tomorrow. Tonight we got Clippers bulls. Yeah, pregame at six thirty, so that's night. Yes, fully functional employee Adam. And we're all looking forward and proud we are of the Clippers for being above five hundred. Nobody prouder shockingly than Jonas Knox, who really loves the Clippers.
Speaker 3: Listen, I think that the Clipper's been bullied in this town for way too long. You and I have to have wax poetically about Michael Cage and the great La Clippers from back and then.
Speaker 1: I remember you on You're You're a great defender of the of the guy who's about to get crushed.
Speaker 2: I remember you.
Speaker 1: I think it was your first season on the Challenge with Mario Soliz going like, hey.
Speaker 2: Can we get off Brandon Staley. This is a great man. Can we leave him alone? It's on the wall, leave Brittany alone.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a uh, there's a story behind that, you know, that was uh might have been some people pushing me in that direction because they were trying to trying to create, oh you mean manufacturing, And at a certain point I was like, that's tampering. At a certain point, I was like, come on, man, guys, I can't defend this anything. Is this necessary?
Speaker 1: Rob You're gonna take the Brandon Sta League? It should be fired stance. Jonas you're on the other side, can you handle that duppy NBC ladies fote the finals failure of all time?
Speaker 2: The vote the lot, The luckiest of.
Speaker 1: The lot is my favorite. Tom Brady is the loat the luckiest of all time. Well, it's been a memorable week in great sports talk. Not everybody's been here, but we have held it down and we've made some memorable moments, which gets us to the lessons learned in.
Speaker 2: I guess he.
Speaker 3: Delivered a really sick.
Speaker 7: With no kisserns.
Speaker 1: Since with Tim Kates down the street doing the Big ten tournament on his electric scooter, you never know, like, yeah, because Compass Media is literally like Caddy Corner.
Speaker 3: He popped in here yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he takes an electric scooter over there.
Speaker 1: He comes here in the morning, he sets everything up, he scooters over there, he starts doing Big ten score updates, and then he scooters back here.
Speaker 3: He told me he was planning on doing that when when he first got his schedule, and I thought, oh.
Speaker 2: He just you know, he's just busting balls.
Speaker 1: He really does that. He snooners from place to he does. But you know what happens is like in Colin's here holding it down. But Colin, you know, he's got a lot of other stuff to do it. It's kind of like Indiana Jones where you just like, you don't know that the plank.
Speaker 2: Is there, you know, you just throw some out there. It's like, Colin, have it? I mean, did that? Did Kates trickle that down? To call it?
Speaker 1: Because sometimes it ain't there, you know, it's just a canyon and Indiana Jones.
Speaker 2: Falls all the way down.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 3: And by the way, how does Kates carry back a Birtz burger and a shake on a scooter? He literally came in here. He took a burger and a shape.
Speaker 2: On his head like he's from the car though.
Speaker 1: All right, so it's time for the lessons learned, Colin to your speaking what lang which.
Speaker 2: You see your father.
Speaker 1: And Cola lesson On Thank you the film nowir corner. This week we had two films. One was Mikey and Nicky, one of the more depressing films I've ever seen. Lesson Dose by the way, what or Lesson by the way. Sorry, I'll get my sorry. Yeah, I want to represent here Mikey and Nicky with John Cassavitis and Peter Falk. Very depressing movie. And then the other one was a Sean Connery Sidney Lumette movie, the very first movie ever to be like about surveillance and all that. It preceded the conversation that Francis Ford Coppola made with Gene Hackman. Great film, Yes, thank you, here is uh, I appreciate that. Here Young Harrison Ford.
Speaker 2: Young Ford, that chick from Jony Loves Chacha.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Harrison for a great pilot.
Speaker 1: By the way, Look, you have a couple emergency landings. You cut off one one seven forty seven at a major airport. Sorry, that was me, Yeah, sir, what's your name?
Speaker 2: Ford? Harrison? Are you kidding, sir? No, it's me, damn it.
Speaker 3: He's broke into fugitive life. They took everything that the greatest have.
Speaker 2: You ever heard that?
Speaker 1: Back? And forth and then with the tower, he like cut off of seven forty seven and he's like, I'm sorry, and they're like, what's your name? He's like, Harrison Ford, what's your number? And they're like Harrison Ford. They was like, yeah, which golf course did he land on?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 1: That was a different thing in Santa Monica, right by the airport. Shockingly all right, this is from the Sean Connery movie The Anderson Tapes, And here he is talking to a young Chris Walkin working out a caper, a caper that will kill them both.
Speaker 6: I need you to bridge some burglar arms, open doors, got some telephone circuits. You can do that. You set you up in business for yourself.
Speaker 4: Why so suset of a bish can come still made blind? They rip off everything in here, so you claim.
Speaker 6: Bird very insurance.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I wasn't for dope.
Speaker 4: See, I don't know how I feel about stealing some guys.
Speaker 2: You gotta put them right out of business.
Speaker 3: You rip off this stuff.
Speaker 6: Hold then the guy's got stuff you can't afford, and he hasn't smart enough to get insurance. What I'm just to hand the fate closing in on him. He's gonna lose it anyway?
Speaker 2: Is it right to steal from insurance companies?
Speaker 6: Look, when you rob a guy who's got insurance, you're doing him a favor. You give him little excitement in his wife, fust the way to them. He becomes a more interesting person because you robbed him. Do you push the insurance company because the publicity gets people to buy insurance? You do the fuzz favor? Because when you prove the unnecessary and deserving of a big pay boost, and you do yourself a favor because you need the dog? Do you believe that it's just doggy dog? But I want the first bite? Hey, kids, don't you want to know what your cut is?
Speaker 2: I trust you. You lay what you can on me?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, very young sounding.
Speaker 2: That's what I used to say to the station. You lay what you can on me. Those days are over.
Speaker 3: I've done We've never done that, though.
Speaker 2: They've never laid anything.
Speaker 3: Lesson two less to me, lesson dose.
Speaker 1: Nick Cronin on why UCLA at seventeen and one at home this year?
Speaker 4: Well, I think I've always tried to do that in my career, you know, starting my career in the Big East studying teams that were successful in and out at the highest level, especially back then in my Big East days where there was it was such a monster league that multiple Hall of Fame coaches at the same time National Championship coach just you better win at home because it's gonna be tough on the road, so you have to win at home. It's just it's so hard to win on a road, as you alluded to. You know, in the Big Ten, there are some truck stops. We call them college towns. No truck stops here, as Bill Walton would say, right, no truck stops. So our students are great. You know, we do get great student support. We had over a thousand at the Galen Center the other day. But it's time to take take the show on the road and defense travels. So that's been our achilles heel at times this year. I think the guys understand that we've tried to make adjustments along the way, lineup, schematically, everything you can do to try to become a better defensive team. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this one. If you get in a stance and stay in a stance, you're gonna be a lot better defensive player and better if all five guys do it and believe in it as a team. So it's really pretty simple. We got to keep committed to that. That's gonna be a big key for us here in March.
Speaker 1: UCLA tips at Sex he should coach USC football.
Speaker 2: Yes, he should coach every team in California. I love him. I think he's great. I just can't believe the way he talks to those guys. Shut up.
Speaker 3: Lesson three Edison sun lesson Today's.
Speaker 1: Josh Passner on Mountain West Television winning a game over Wyoming. This is after beating Wyoming before losing by twenty to Utah State.
Speaker 7: How many fans text me that this is a tournament of horrors for UNLV is the House of Wars, That meaning that the last ten and I said, wares h O R R O R s by the way, Okay, but here's the thing. They said, the last decade, UNLV has been zero for ten in all games in the Mountain West Conference tournament except air Force not named air Force.
Speaker 2: And they haven't been in.
Speaker 7: The semis for over thirteen years, so they said, no one. They haven't won a game in over a decade against somebody not named air Force. I wanted to beat San Diego State so bad, but I always believe this in life, things are deeper than they look on the surface. Because of our loss, he gave us a chance to play Wyoming. If we had won, we would have played air Force. So now we broke the streak. Things in life are deeper than they look on the surface. And because of that, we gotta play Wyoming and the House of Horrors.
Speaker 2: H O R. This is broken. We broke the streak.
Speaker 7: God bless the Mountain West Conference, God bless the rebels, and God bless the United States of America Plan of the Free.
Speaker 2: Because of the.
Speaker 3: Brave love your energy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can't do it anymore.
Speaker 3: He really brought attention to the difference between that whore and the whore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was able to really c c Deville on the behind the music for Poison, said, you know, it was the House of Horse, and then it was the House of Horse. I'll never forget that they use it in every single promo. It was the House of Holes, and then it was.
Speaker 2: Josh Passner. Thank you. Coach.
Speaker 1: Patrick Beverley winning the Playing Game thinks that that interview was.
Speaker 2: Embarrassed, less and far.
Speaker 3: Lesson Quattro.
Speaker 1: Jonas asked Don McLain about the legitimacy of the Big Ten tournament compared to the PAC twelve.
Speaker 8: It's just bigger, Jonas, and you canceal it. It's just all the teams come in and they have fans. You know, it used to be in the old PAC twelve, like Arizona would travel. Believe it or not, Utah traveled pretty well to Vegas for the tournament, but that was pretty much it UCLA kind of but here. I mean, this place is full for every every game with every team seemingly even if they're not having a great year. But it's just I didn't It's a great question because I had the conversation yesterday with somebody at the Big Ten, like, I never really looked at the PAC twelve as anything other than a high major, and it was considered by everyone to be a high major. But it wasn't anywhere close to what this is, what the Big Ten is. It's really not, or really wasn't, I should say.
Speaker 3: Good question, Great question, man, I think I got two of them.
Speaker 1: My favorite thing that's ever happened maybe the last few months, was Matt was gone somewhere and Don was here doing the show and we're just doing it and Kate's broke in with his terrible Peaky Blinders accent. Kate's loves Peaky Blinders city. He helpens the micing goes oh to me and Don was like, two please, My favorite thing that's happened in years.
Speaker 2: All told me that Peaky you blokes down two to please.
Speaker 3: Who is the elive dead guy you gave him?
Speaker 2: Who is the ranks?
Speaker 1: This young lady created a empire in lingerie. I'm like, yeah, don you like him? It's all packed in there, brother, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Lesson five, Lesson Sinkle.
Speaker 2: James Worthy was on.
Speaker 1: With George Reister and myself and Whilely was on, he was attacked by his garage door. You know you you you might want to have lebron and there were other players where he is a dominant ball headler.
Speaker 2: Yet when we're looking at it, but we're looking.
Speaker 1: At what's going on in there, James is you could be an attacked by a robot.
Speaker 8: No, uh.
Speaker 2: No, that's cool. We just want to make sure you're okay.
Speaker 4: James.
Speaker 1: I thought one of those crazy robots when the black hole came, I got you.
Speaker 2: No, No, we're good we're good here. Remember that robot in the black Hole that cut the dude up at the end. You don't know.
Speaker 3: Black I'm a short circuit guy. Yeah, we're talking robots. That's that's the extent of mind. I'm a Johnny five guy, not a black Hole guy. Johnny five. Yeah with with the white guy playing the Indian guy. Let's look kick your ass, let's look s kick yours, let's lookals kick your balls, get into our purs bad.
Speaker 2: Remember the viper alarm?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that does make you feel like you're waking up next to the stranger in the naughties.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, in the back alleys of Manhattan Beach and the problem was dust to win and that far enough and you're in bed.
Speaker 2: You're like, here comes the dude.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll be back with your dead and alive guy. Birthday of the Day, Jonas knocks in the house. Petrol send money doing it big. This is Petros money on prog Man Friday. Petrol send money. Happy to be with you calling yee. Somebody asked me, who's holding it down at the station while everybody's off making extra money?
Speaker 2: I said me, And yee, it's a nice ring to it. It's the truth.
Speaker 1: It could also be like a pimp and prostitute story. You know at midnight Cowboy.
Speaker 2: I didn't say that I would be the pimp.
Speaker 1: You know, terrible situation in uh in a Bakersfield.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 1: You know this national radio morning stuff. If you don't have your you don't have your hand on the on the pulse of.
Speaker 3: This sad Listen. Once Corn made a big I stopped paying attention to bakers Listen to me.
Speaker 1: I just followed that Bakersfield head coach had to step down, like over the summer. And then the a d stepped Yeah, sorry, yes, yes, freaking assistant coaches and he had like a giant machine gun like Pancho Villa ammunition belts terrible.
Speaker 3: At least somebody's working for a living exactly right.
Speaker 1: Me and ye holding it down tonight, we got clippers bulls. We will do uh the quick hits at the final hour fun fact, and then and only then will we get you to fully functional employee Adam and he will have clipper pregame and we will move on from there. Don't forget to podcast our show on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: It's there live. You can stream it.
Speaker 1: It's very easy to access, or you could podcast it later. It is now time for the dead Guy Birthday of the Day, and Jonas Knox has it.
Speaker 3: Petros beating out soccer player Andrea Sescobar, cartoonist Al Jaffy and dianetics scientology weirdo l Ron Hubbard.
Speaker 2: I heard you thought about doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did. It's just way too much, man. We talked about it a little bit yesterday. I didn't realize how fed up that guy was from the get go. This wasn't like I started doing dianetics and it really turned me into something I shouldn't have been. No, from the get go, he got kicked out of the military. There's all sorts of problems with this guy, real weirdo, but none until yeah for the real horned up guy. Your dead Guy of the Day is somebody by the name of Francisco Dea Cis Franca born on this day in nineteen sixty six, better known as Chico Science.
Speaker 2: He was a.
Speaker 3: Brazilian singer and composer and one of the founds of monge Beachi, the cultural movement. Probably Butcher Dad, but there's my Brazilian and Portuguese all in one riddle. He grew up in Brazil's northeast region. As a little boy, he would sell crabs that he caught himself in the city's mangroved.
Speaker 2: What's the name of the movie. The the music genre.
Speaker 3: Mongigi mongee, mangi Mongi beachi.
Speaker 2: Mongy beachi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's got a little vibe for you right here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Well, there's h you know, there's there's Bosonova Brazilian music.
Speaker 2: Look at that weirdough, Okay, it looks like a freak. There's Bosanova, which is more like an export.
Speaker 1: It's it's Brazilian jazz mixed with which is American jazz. And like Antonio, like the girlfriend Ipperonino, right, is Bosonova music love Brazilian? Yeah, that's that's a certain kind of but it's more of an export. The music that's really popular in Brazil is called Tropatalia, but this is probably derived from that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this feels more of a local vibe. I mean, he does have an answer.
Speaker 1: He's the one that went to Brazil with the Chargers, you know, no kidd Yeah, hey, they told him to stay at the hotel.
Speaker 2: You know what he did? What he did? What's surfing? He rented a car.
Speaker 3: And earl man of the people. But mister chicos I.
Speaker 2: Was disappointed when he didn't get kidney taken.
Speaker 1: But this, you know, only Matt would go out there and just like Chevy Chase in vacation, just bullets sliding off of him.
Speaker 2: What what's going on? Six?
Speaker 3: You know I can't be here? What are you talking about?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 3: Blend right in by signor. Chico's Science became the lead singer and major creative driving force of the ground breaking boy Mangi beat band called Chico Science and Naso Zombie. Influenced by musicians such as James Brown, Grandmaster Flash and Curtis Blow, their music cleverly fused rock, funk, and hip hop with other traditional rhymes of Brazil's northeast. Music critics found his music quote original and distinctive of his region. Chico had a powerful stage presence that was compared to some of that of Jimmy Hendrix.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So the duo toured several times in Europe and brought massive attention to the new generation of Brazilian artists. In the nineteen nineties, they had two full albums released. Unfortunately, he died at a young age. Chief Science car accident February second, nineteen ninety seven, as by.
Speaker 2: An American tourists at rental.
Speaker 3: Thirty one years old, he lost control of his Fiat and he hit a side light post after another car cut him off. He was rescued alive, but did not survive his injuries. He was buried on February third, ten years after his death. His family was compensated by Fiat due to a failure in the seat belt that could have saved his life. At the time of his death, the New York Times called Chico Science and said he was widely hailed as the future of Brazilian music. The governor of the Brazilian state declared days of morning for the great Chico Science, born on this day back in nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 1: And you went with this, like you went with the Brazilian guy with a short life so you could tell his story because there's too much el rono or not.
Speaker 2: I understand your approach. I knew this every single day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just it's hard, it's hard to condense it. There's also another guy, some English guy who was basically fat. He was like five eleven, seven hundred. Oh, that was his story. Yeah, like, that's a good one. So there was that, but I thought, you know what, that's that's rude.
Speaker 2: I'm just interested in your approach.
Speaker 1: Very good, well done beating out the notorious Jamaican drug dealer Christopher Cope. You don't know that story. Christopher should have done that. You don't know Chris Coke or his father, Lester Coke. His father, Lester Coke was a guy named John Brown. He was like the original crack epidemic father.
Speaker 2: He was. He was the bodyguard.
Speaker 1: For the Jamaican Prime Minister, so he had immunity and could go back and forth, so he moved crack throughout the United He was a Jamaican guy. Lester Coke went by the name John Brown. Before he got extra died and he burned to death in his prison cell. There's pictures of his melted body. This is his son. And there was like in the nineties or no, not in the nineties, just like twelve fifteen years ago. There was a huge war with the Jamaican Army had to go in and get him out of a place called Tivoli Gardens, which is like a tenement, and it became like a military base, you know, and they hundreds of people died. They didn't say that. They said like fifty people died, but a lot more did. And he was dressed like a woman trying to escape, and they got him and he really he had spoken zero words in the last But however long he's been in prison here in the US fifteen years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just doesn't speak.
Speaker 1: Why, Christopher Coke, He ain't talking so he doesn't want to burn to death in his cell, like dad.
Speaker 3: Well, that's one way to make a point. Exactly, wait waiting out, Chris Coke, look up, Christopher Coke. Way, I've be a Jamaican question for you. At some point I need figure.
Speaker 2: Well, we're running out of time, so go ahead, all right.
Speaker 3: Is blood clot a bad word?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Kind of well, blood clot uh ross clotto, clot cloud. You don't really want to know what it refers to. Let's just put it like this. Uh, feminine hygiene products were not prevalent in Jamaica in the mid to late twentieth century like they were another place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we call that shark week.
Speaker 2: Ross clot blot.
Speaker 1: Blot beating out, Chris Coke. H a story I love to tell too much. See, I just did is Dana Delaney all seventy years old today seventy. Dana Delaney from New York City. Delaney was born in New York City, high class family. What did she wanted to do with her long Hey, Dana, why the long face? She wanted to act Jonas. She went to boarding school. Probably had an interesting sexual experience with another girl.
Speaker 2: Maybe, I don't know, speculator, pure speculation.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Reflections up to hand over mass She went to boarding school. You don't think there was a.
Speaker 1: Little bit of a girl on girl action there, I promise you didn't.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, come on. She then went to Wesleyan. Not easy. Pillow talk with a chick from Wesleyan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's supposed to bump ugly.
Speaker 1: Well you can, but you know you got to you gotta talk about like Patricia Highsmith, Sylvia Plath pillow talk. Anyway, she broke in on TV with one of our favorite shows, Moonlighting, Magnum p I and then thirty something, and then Dana Delaney was in China Beat Yeah for three years, nominated for that work. She's in a great cocaine dealer movie called Light Sleeper with Willem Dafoe and uh, Who's the big boobley girl from a major league.
Speaker 3: Madonna.
Speaker 1: No in major league, well said, no, no, not major league bull Durham, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was thinking leag of their own. My apologies to Madonna. I didn't mean to airr you out like that light sleeper. She's yeah, that hurts like Madonna. I did love when Madonna got blown away on the stage of that Euro Awards, like like a like a lizard skin onto the desert. She blew off the fan, blew her away. Was supposed to just blow her her her shawl, but it blew her away anyway. I love the other movies. She was in Flyaway Home. That's a great movie with Dana Delaney.
Speaker 2: A wholesome film.
Speaker 1: Actually, she was an S and M mistress in an Exit to Eden. She did a cop TV movie with Charles Bronson. She basically tried her ass off to ruin Tombstone.
Speaker 3: Oh you think so? Oh God, you don't like that. She was the attractive side piece.
Speaker 2: How did they know? It's a scent like she's the worst?
Speaker 3: Really, see I look I give Do you ever laugh?
Speaker 2: And then Kurt Russell goes, no, I don't go around laughing all day, Loven. That's what you mean is this.
Speaker 3: Romance a whole lot of second Because I'm a big Kurt Russell guy.
Speaker 2: He was great Tombstone. Apparently Greek director didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 3: I heard that story. Yeah that was Kurt Russell. Yeah, I heard that story glenn Wood Elementary. Great, I'm here with you, Kurt. But yeah, there was a side piece by the way, his wife was a drug addict.
Speaker 1: No, well, first of all, that wasn't his wife. That was a common law wife that died from being a drug addict. Yes, he ended up marrying the side piece and lived with her for decades. The data lady care, Yeah it out here in La right down the street, post it out banging on his actress wider How did they know born in born in Monmouth, Illinois that Marison season. Hey, shut up about Russe Mamath, Illinois, home of the Knox family.
Speaker 3: That's where my dad's from.
Speaker 2: I don't freaking care about.
Speaker 3: Just teaching him like tarn tarn, Data de lady out the frame and you've got a criticize her like that played.
Speaker 1: Josephine Marcus who ended up marrying She became Josephine Irp that Marison season. This is my f that's I forgot about that line until halfway through the data of the lady birthday.
Speaker 2: I say we run it.
Speaker 6: Out of them.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back if we can get through the next twenty minutes. We'll do the fun fact and we'll do the quick a