Speaker 1: Smo Joe in the Morning show went to a bunch of fireworks. So all the lakes have fireworks for those that aren't in the Metro Detroit area, And I don't know, I'm sure this has got to be a lot of places, because I know some friends of mine that are from Buffalo said that they were on their lakes watching fireworks, or on the lakes watching fireworks. In Michigan, a lot of the lakes have fireworks. So it's been every single night of the week there has been one of the bodies of water that are in Oakland County has been having fireworks. So I was invited to like five or six of them. Actually one of them was our good friend Neil. So these fireworks are all over the place. Chelsea and I decided we were going to go to a couple of the fireworks, so went too Orchard l Likes Fireworks, went to Union Likes Fireworks. And here's I'm going to tell you something. Fireworks are fabulous. The only problem with fireworks are they are all the same. No matter what you're looking at, it's the same. I don't care what fireworks display you go to.
Speaker 2: It's like boom boom boom, boom boom boom, boom, boom.
Speaker 1: Boom, and then in the end, it's like, like, what was the end? What was the end?
Speaker 3: See any fireworks?
Speaker 1: You may be the only person. Yeah, well, we got to get you some remnants.
Speaker 2: Of if you know, please no more.
Speaker 4: I got something in the trunk right now. You just let me know, Vin, let me know.
Speaker 1: One of the places that we went to, one of the parties we went to. There a lot of friends that have parties and they invite you over, and it's nice because you go. They usually invite you over, like you know, six o'clock or so seven o'clock, You have some cocktails, they have some food out and all that stuff, and then fireworks go off at ten oh two and by ten thirty five, I am in my tahoe and I am going home. Yeah, I'm like ready. Or maybe a little bit later. At one of the places where Chelsea was like we got to clean up and help help people out here, we witnessed at one of the fireworks something the most It was kind of the most interesting ever. There were a bunch of people there, probably like twenty five thirty people in this guy's backyard and then all of a sudden, like five or six people pull up at like fifteen minutes before ten o'clock. That is nine forty five for anybody that is doing time. At nine forty five, they show up, They come, walk into the backyard. Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 2: What's going on? It's great?
Speaker 1: Fireworks go off, They get a good spot watching the fireworks, like, they find a good spot on the lawn to see them, and then ten twenty five or ten thirty they leave.
Speaker 4: You can't do that, that's all they came for.
Speaker 1: Can you come to somebody's fireworks just to watch the fireworks or if they're having a party, don't you have to like be there like that?
Speaker 2: That's like coming just to eat the food exactly.
Speaker 4: And that's all run, that's all eat and run. That sounds like what the invite said, though, come watch the fireworks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the invite was.
Speaker 3: I feel like you gotta at least spend a little bit of your time.
Speaker 4: I agree. But if the if the text message saying come watch the fireworks, that are that's exactly.
Speaker 2: What I did.
Speaker 1: You know why you say that because you would be that guy.
Speaker 4: No I'm not. I'm the guy that brings the fireworks. Oh really, absolutely shut out our guy. I was gonna say, my guy a pet at exotic. I went to Pat My cousin got married this weekend. They had like a barbecue the next day. So I went and got some fireworks pulled up. I saw that. Yeah, of course I saw in your story. Tell I didn't spend a lot. I didn't spend crazy. People spend like they spent crazy. That's that's why I banged with pack a lot for a little. But I went and literally a neighbor next door.
Speaker 2: You can hear that.
Speaker 4: Soon as it pops off, you can see him come out of his door. He put the porch light on, he stands out, he watches, and as soon as he got done, he went.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 1: You had a fireworks display. She invited all of us to her house. Was your brother that was putting off fireworks?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think my brother started a new tradition. He built like this whole fireworks show. He's been working on it for like three weeks. Went he went to Ohio to get like warehouse fireworks.
Speaker 2: So there were the huge boys.
Speaker 1: The fireworks are different. No, No, that's like old school. Before Michigan said that it was okay that fires you would go to Ohioah.
Speaker 5: He said, Ohio had like less strict rules. So we had this huge display of like they were illegal, like we were saying witch closely.
Speaker 3: But they were so huge.
Speaker 5: He was charging my neighbors to like pitch in and next.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 5: He was texting my neighbor as hanm doing this fireworks show. If you want to pay me like two hundred dollars to chip in because he spent like three thousand dollars on these things.
Speaker 4: He went off, so all he's collected.
Speaker 2: Didn't ask him to do that?
Speaker 5: No he didn't, but he's still asking for money. One neighbor gave him some money, but the other ones didn't. But next year, so I'll still watch.
Speaker 1: Did you let him watch or did you can't him? Did you stand in front of them.
Speaker 3: Closer?
Speaker 5: We had some neighbors sin like like we never had people outside for fireworks. There was lawn chairs all down our street were like, what is going on? But next year my brother said, if the neighbors want fireworks, he's charging everyone.
Speaker 3: Everybody's can everybody in the same page to say yes, we'll tip it.
Speaker 5: I know. He even said people that come to my house have to be like a ten dollar cover feeder.
Speaker 1: Here's a question I have to ask, is it is it okay if you if somebody's having fireworks you know to uh charge them?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: And if they don't pay, are they firework freeloaders? They are they getting their firework entertainment for for free?
Speaker 5: Well listen, if you have like the fireworks that you get out of those tents that have like a little prepackaged box, I feel like that's fine. But my brother Loki went out out like he had the blue to plywood boards.
Speaker 2: He was serious the garage.
Speaker 5: We all ought to move our cars to the school because there was no room for them and.
Speaker 1: Move our carswood boards.
Speaker 3: Isn't that like you're not smart? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 5: He was using like the gorilla have like videos.
Speaker 3: By the way, this is flammable as well. This is like what he had. This is like set up.
Speaker 2: Oh god, in the garage. Is your mom not worried?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, she was mad, she was pissed, like how long? Wait, that's crazy, Bianca.
Speaker 5: She specifically said no fireworks and then he came home one day, French came home from working.
Speaker 3: This is all in the garage.
Speaker 4: She's like sixty boxes.
Speaker 3: Maybe no, maybe it wasn't Ohio.
Speaker 5: I think it was like Jackson, Michigan.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Okay, so Jackson Michigan is a little different than Ohio, but other direction.
Speaker 5: But his friends went to Ohio. But he was like calling up all of his friends. He said, you guys need to come to my house now pick up all the fightworks. I'm not picking it up. I put on the show.
Speaker 3: You're clean up the mess. He had a whole like little.
Speaker 1: That's the worst part. Did you clean your mess up?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, really, that's the thing. Like I'm like, all right, show's over come through and especially if you have to, Like did he pour water on some of the boxes because some of them still aren't like that. Yeah in the box sauce soggy and wet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Garry, that's like when people smoke cigarettes and they leave their cigarette butts all over the place.
Speaker 5: We had one of our neighbors though, like, while the little box fireworks are going on, like there's sparklers everywhere, this guy just walking through the fireworks light each one, walking through them.
Speaker 3: You can't even see him anymore.
Speaker 1: Did you see the video from ham Trammick of the guys in a parking lot that that connected the fireworks to a shopping cart.
Speaker 4: No, did you send that to Lydia?
Speaker 2: Oh my, did they do?
Speaker 1: They were in it, like they were. They had it in a shopping cart. And the guy was in the shop, the grocery store shopping cart with a big old you know, Roman candles like industrial size, shooting off and then another guy came over and tilted the thing over, so he started shooting at people.
Speaker 3: My one of my very very best friends, and I love you. I will not say your name to protect her identity. Let her son put big fireworks on the back of his electric scooter, Oh my god, so that he could go even faster when they lit them.
Speaker 8: Wait like Smith, Oh Lucy's a oh my god, ridiculousness. No, jackass, this kids, what are you doing? Jackass?
Speaker 1: Six eight eight four four Mojo Live eight four four six sixty five sixty five four eight texted nine five five zero zero. Look at this. This is amazing, all these text messages that are texting in saying it's okay to uh to charge your guests for the fireworks. No, have a donation pot like you know, like they do at church.
Speaker 6: Actually have.
Speaker 1: Guys like my.
Speaker 6: Parents, Like they take donations all year so they can have this huge show. Okay, so is do they they hire one to come out, but like.
Speaker 1: Like a professional company, But do they make you do it? Like if you don't pay, then what do you do if you don't pay? Like is it like a letter?
Speaker 2: But if you do pay, you get a big sign on your yard saying gold sponsor.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's interesting. That's what you should do, Bianca. Any of the neighbors that don't pay you, guys, put put a sign on their lawn. That's how you get people to pay. Yeah, don't have the sign on the gold sponsor ones. Put it on the people that don't pay no sponsor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, these ones are sitting inside.
Speaker 5: For the year.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but I have to tell you that when I'm sitting there at these fireworks and I'm watching these things, I looked at Chelsea at one point, like Chelsea and I took it. I said, let me take a picture one time. And one time we shook a picture and one of them looked like a heart behind us, and I said to her, that's a heart. She goes, that is not a heart. I'm like, how is that not a heart. It looks like the shape of a heart. And she's like, no, I look at shapes of these things and it's like a rorshack test. I was literally about to say, I think that they're like, oh, that's a snowman, you know what I mean? Like I look at oh that's a star and stuff, and she says, some of them aren't do do that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Or different colors they say things?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, sometimes I just think what if they just came out to formed, like it was a mess up or something.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. You're creative, and.
Speaker 1: Then if you're like your brother or keV lighting him off, you don't see shapes because you're running your axe.
Speaker 4: Get out the world.
Speaker 5: Look at my neighbor. He was just chilling here and like all these fireworks are going on around him. He's just chilling in the middle.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: My favorite video was I saw weymo.
Speaker 6: Someone was taking a Weimo down the street and it didn't know that the fireworks were going off, and they.
Speaker 2: Drove over the fireworks.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, they were like, we thought we were going down.
Speaker 5: We set up traffic cone so we blocked off our streets so cars couldn't drive on our Street like the night before.
Speaker 1: In New York City, the I think the Brooklyn Bridge caught fire. Did you see that?
Speaker 5: Saw?
Speaker 1: That that was like the big they had the big fireworks in it in the top of the bridge actually caught on fire from the fireworks hitting.
Speaker 4: After they won a championship? Can withstand anything?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, I don't get this. They say the DC fireworks this year were over an hour long. Who wants an over an hour long fireworks? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You kind of bored after a while.
Speaker 1: I mean at some point do you sit there and go, all right, guys, we're packing it up, Nora, grab everything, and let's get the hell out of this place. Mojo in the morning and talking fireworks, Maria, what's up?
Speaker 5: Hello? How you?
Speaker 6: That was me?
Speaker 1: That was me saying how you?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 1: I guess how you? What's happening? What's going on?
Speaker 7: So my brother in law we just bought five acres at the beginning of the year, so of course we had to have fireworks out at our property, and he spent about thirty five hundred dollars on fireworks. So me and my husband are cleaning up the next morning, which I did not realize how much of a mess it makes. And I took a break and I'm at the front of the property and my husband's bringing all the cardboard boxes on the back, and then I hear fireworks going off, and I was like, did you know that was going to happen?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Wait a second. So a full day later, the fireworks are still blowing off.
Speaker 2: They're still like, yeah, one of the boxes.
Speaker 7: They didn't all go off, so he was throwing in the cardboard boxes and then some start going off.
Speaker 3: Scar he didn't get hurt.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy. I know people that throw it in their garbage cans in their garage, Like they'll throw the crap in there. And imagine if at night that happens in your house, lights on fire. That's why I gotta pour water on it.
Speaker 3: That happened to, by the way, burn the whole side of their house really off of the fireworks.
Speaker 1: Marie, I have a very interesting question to ask you, And my question is, what the hell are you not making everybody else clean up the fireworks like keV does right after the fireworks, Like, why are you guys the homeowners the only ones doing that?
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't have.
Speaker 7: To pay for them, so I didn't mind cleaning it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, they were freebe fireworks that came away. All right, Well, thank you for the call. I'm glad that you guys didn't get hurt though. Cleaning the fireworks up the full day later. That's craziness. Mojo in the morning, Tony, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Hi, MODO's going on?
Speaker 1: Nothing much. All these like firework stories are kind of scaring me to ever be around fireworks. What happened to your wife?
Speaker 9: Okay? So my brother's family, my brother his family, me and my family, so we both have four or five kids each. Just was about ten years ago. We go to poort Uron by the Lighthouse beach and we always sit there and we enjoy the Fourth of July light off fireworks. So we had mortars, the two inch mortars that go up in the sky and blow up, and so we're all having fun and you know, we're enjoying everything. So for clean up, everybody takes all the garbage at the end and we throw them in a bonfire, you know, to burn it off. Well, accidentally, my wife she grabs a twelve pack of mortars, even though that they were still new in the box. Afire.
Speaker 1: Oh, my god, how close were you guys to the bonfire when that thing went off.
Speaker 9: Maybe like four or five feet us. We're just all around, like the whole area, and we just started scattering, running for our lives.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, oh my god, thank god you guys were Okay, that's scary as hell, man.
Speaker 9: Thank god nobody got hurt.
Speaker 1: But that's a grand finale right there, Like, that's how grand finale should be. Everybody running in their ass off trying to get out of there.