Speaker 1: Number one. We just grabbed every key Democrat super duper.
Speaker 2: That's nice, right to go, Nido gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the thirteenth day of August twenty twenty sixth Good morning, everybody. Welcome to Thursday, best day of the week. Tommy Olsen is on his way in ben Leeber as well, and they cast one thousands lots to get to Let's get her started with from Nate Bargatzi Comedy on a Thursday morning.
Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 4: I am glad you are here.
Speaker 5: I tried to go to college. I did attempt that. I went to a community college for one year, and uh do not have one credit to show for it. That's that's worse than not going. I took all remedial classes, which remedial is basically when they're like, look, we have no idea how your high school that you leave. Yeah, we're shocked about.
Speaker 1: It and we're gonna look into it.
Speaker 5: But in here are some classes you can take that affect nobody. I took math as a class, like I literally bought a book and it said math on it. I took reading as well, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I really did. I drove to that class.
Speaker 5: You know what that feels like I've driven to a reading class, not even an immigrant.
Speaker 4: I'm from here.
Speaker 3: Side FETs on your side?
Speaker 1: You hand this in dunga right, coward. Your morning shot is whosday. I'm Corey Cove. That's Chriss Hockey. There's meets Aus Paul Lambert, there's Zach Elvison. We all survived the seven seconds without gravity and we're moving on. Yeah we did. Man, how about that? Do you guys feel it? No? Not really. No, it gave me gas though, oh for seven seconds. I don't know.
Speaker 4: It was weird. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is this one of those things you know, like when when doomsday guys will be like, the end of the world is August fourth, and then on August fifth they're like, oh, we did the math wrong. I picked the wrong day. So is the seven seconds of gravity a different day? I don't know. I saw hot ass yesterday. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you for saying that.
Speaker 1: You didn't say anything about it.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: I'm the main computer here is just falling apart. I won't log you. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter anymore. So wait, so Tommy on his way in Lieber later. Yeah, man, am I forgetting anybody I think that's it, right, Yeah, I don't think so. I don't think that's it. That's plenty. Yeah, that's just plenty. That's it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Man, when was the last time we saw Thomas happened? How did you fall down?
Speaker 1: I don't know. He just slammed something too. Everything's falling apart. He's mad about something. Ye wait for a second here he left his studio. Hmmm, he forgets something. No, he seemed mad about something. I'm not sure. This computer is frozen. Hmm. That's so good. You know why I blame for all this me seven seconds of gravity? Yeah, good point. We lost it gravity? What happened?
Speaker 3: I had to sign into my email, and in order to do that, I have to have my cell phone. In order to have my cell phone, I have to go in the other room and get my cell phone.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh I ran into a bunch of people who used to work here as at Ghosts.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: I was walking down that way.
Speaker 1: Were they saying nice things about us?
Speaker 4: Great things?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'll start, he said, Oh, good, Dale, Dale, Oh he's texting Corey.
Speaker 4: Is that Dale? Why? Dale?
Speaker 1: No, it's Tommy, he said. He's running late. No, no, but on his way.
Speaker 4: We only get a certain amount of time with you.
Speaker 1: Slot yes, yes, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man. How was practice yesterday? You guys didn't go on?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: No I did not?
Speaker 4: Did you know? I had to? I had a gig in st Clad last night?
Speaker 3: Yesterday was all right Heart Radio day at the ad Viking String campus and.
Speaker 1: Not, yes it was. How was you didn't go? No? I no, I didn't know. Why didn't you go? I don't really have a good excuse. Oh, you just didn't want to go. Yeah I didn't go.
Speaker 6: But I'm only said I didn't have to because I went to the Canterbury thing a week ago. Oh you did go to that?
Speaker 1: Yeah I did. I didn't know that. Yeah I did. Yeah, you and Kellen Leewre just yeah, yeah the three of us went. Yeah yeah. Interesting. Yeah did you go together? Yeah? We were there together. Yeah. You had no excuse yesterday to not go. No, I had zero excuse. Interesting and you didn't show up? No, I didn't. Interesting? No, No, I wonder why Pa was there? I'm sure Paul, yeah, Pau Papa? No, not Papa. No, I don't think Papa was there. Hmm. Interesting.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, well we got a new quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's killing it, I guess.
Speaker 3: And apparently he's killing it. All he needed to do was be told that he was the prettiest.
Speaker 1: Yep, and now he's dominating. I'm telling you. He's on the Mount Rushmore of guys whose voice does not match their face. Correct, it doesn't, it doesn't match.
Speaker 4: Who's up there with him?
Speaker 1: Well, Patrick Mahomes, for sure. Yeah. Patrick Mahomes is the George Washington of the Mount Rushmore of weird voices that don't match faces. And who else is on that list? It's a great question. Kyler's definitely in the conversation. H hmmm, Joe Mojo Jojo, Yeah, that guy. Hmm.
Speaker 4: Princess Donut and.
Speaker 1: Paul Princesses with two s's. Who's Princess Donut? You remember Princess Donut from yesterday? No, I mean Princess Donut was I didn't. It was referenced multi couple times. Yeah, I didn't know who it was, though. I think I asked a couple of times, and you guys didn't say. Well. Emily also asked you to be at Viking's training camp and you didn't go. No, she said, I didn't have to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but she said it in a way that you should have known about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should have known. You didn't go. I had a great excuse, which was none of your business. That's for off the air. Oh wow, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't ask him questions like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, man, why would you put me in the corner like that? I wish It's not fair on the corn cob. Wow. I mean he'll be here soon, he'll do it. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I yeah, I'm gonna go next Wednesday to what the joint practices you're actually going?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's going to practice smoking a joint.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't need much practice with that, but yeah, yeah, I'm gonna go. It's gonna be great. And tonight we have like nine preseason games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, it's a great night. Okay.
Speaker 3: Former WW star Don Marie joins only fans and only fifty five years old.
Speaker 4: I don't think I know who that is.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that is either, Don, but in my head it was d O N. And I'm like, oh, so some wrestler named Don. I wonder how he's doing. But you're going d A w N.
Speaker 4: That's correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah, don Marie, have you guys full report? I hear somebody else typing by the way.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I've never seen this person in my life.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna see your nude?
Speaker 1: Yeah I haven't.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize I didn't want. I didn't know that I wanted to see her nude till right now.
Speaker 1: She looks like she should be on the Housewives of Long Island. Yes, m M, I can't believe you're not typing faster since I said that.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm yeah.
Speaker 6: He's doing about this. Yeah, where he can we we're only fans, will log him in right away.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, mister hockey. Yeah, I mean she's got some hoots on her. Well hello, dare wow, okay, wow, you can do that. You guys set me up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why do we do that? Yeah? I don't know. Why did we do that? Mhm? Do you already Are you already a subscriber?
Speaker 4: Nope? But I am.
Speaker 1: Now how much is it a month?
Speaker 4: Ten dollars a month? All the hoots you can allow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't care. I care, No, you don't.
Speaker 3: That wasn't time I was expected to be told I was an old sumbitch, but it was it.
Speaker 4: Was Yeah that's what I am.
Speaker 1: You got your old bastard. Somebody knows that lady.
Speaker 3: Who don Marie? Do you know don Marie is the former wrestler lady? Oh yeah, she's nude on the on the only fans she really o, boy, somebody won one hundred and three thousand dollars progressive jackpot playing Texas. Hold him at the at the treasure on the resorting CEO.
Speaker 1: No kidding? Yeah? Hell yeah, man?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 1: And did you wait when they when you walk by?
Speaker 4: I wasn't there.
Speaker 1: Oh. I was at that pokeroom on Monday to check it out do some stuff for their social media team.
Speaker 4: Were you knewe?
Speaker 1: No, not during my appearance at t I Were you with Domrie? Yeah? Were you with that? Room's nice though tons of space in between the tables, monster tables with like comfortable chairs. That's a It's a sneaky, cute little room.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: It's a comfortable place to play some cards. Sweet and I have to play some cards when we go in November. Yeah, you know what, kick some asks.
Speaker 4: You play better when you're uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's most of the time.
Speaker 4: You should play cards in church.
Speaker 1: They never played cards. I did have to vote in a church on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: You voted. Sure, get you American? Sure what did you vote for Jason all Dean?
Speaker 1: I doubt. I mean it's confidential, but yes, you voted for Jason al Dean.
Speaker 6: I did you had to look, you tried this in a small town while you were voting?
Speaker 1: Is it the name of his song? Sounds terrible? Uh? Did you see that a powerball player won the billion dollar jackpot in Illinois? No, not in Minnesota's fair Illinois. Somebody won.
Speaker 4: It's not fair, but good.
Speaker 1: For them one point zero for billion dollars. It's not fair when he numbers were four, twenty six, sixty six, sixty seven, sixty nine. Only if she's five to three and the powerball was nine is not true?
Speaker 4: What isn't good things ever happened to Snoop Dogg?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're right man, It's about time someone asked the real question.
Speaker 1: I mean, Hawk's right.
Speaker 4: Why Why is it always happened to some other guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why not Snoop Dogg? Snoop deeal double g? Think about a corporate Has Snoop ever been in a movie playing somebody besides himself? Because he's played himself in a million movies?
Speaker 3: Correct he played if I believe he played John Paul Getty.
Speaker 4: In a movie.
Speaker 1: Which movie was that?
Speaker 4: I think it was, Uh, Twizzler's the movie, Twizzlers the movie.
Speaker 1: I'm so tired of these studios just leaning into corporate sponsorships and like product placement, like did we really need Twizzlers of the movie, and why did Chris see it twice opening weekend?
Speaker 4: The same thing?
Speaker 1: Until I saw it and it was incredible.
Speaker 4: Frankly, I was blown away.
Speaker 1: Snoop gives are really compelling.
Speaker 3: Did you know the original first? And you're right, he does. The original first ingredient in Twizzlers was kitty litter.
Speaker 1: Ugh, I'm glad they changed the formula.
Speaker 3: That's where That's where Snoop Dogg came in. He's like, get that cat blank out of here. He called somebody of food.
Speaker 1: Wow, saus If any of my buttons works because my computer's tweaking out, yeah, I would hit the match game music. But in your mind, what would Twizzlers the movie's plot be? Twizzler's the movie, Twizzler's the movie, what would the plot be? Now?
Speaker 4: Remember Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 1: Snoop Dogg's in it, not playing himself and also the original ingredient for a Twizzlers is Kitty Litter.
Speaker 4: He plays John Paulty.
Speaker 1: He plays John paul Getty. He plays John. But what happens in that movie that Chris as twice? Opening weekend? Twizzler's the movie the same with Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 4: Thank you for looking for clarication.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just wondering. Man, take a deep.
Speaker 4: Breath for I said thank you, and I'm Chris.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, I'm just assuming he's sure on death row right now?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, today today they're executing three guys across the country. Why don't we make it for Wow? Why do you want me dead? I didn't say you assume that?
Speaker 4: Why do you always assume the.
Speaker 1: Word the whole world is not about you? But it's not all about you. But anytime it's something bad, I assume it's about me. But again, stop assuming you know what happens when you assume you make an ass uma? Thurman, Okay, okay.
Speaker 6: Twizzlers the movie, it's a it's a strange tale.
Speaker 1: From a long long time ago, so far right and uh.
Speaker 6: It's about a man who is trying to perfect the perfect treat and he realizes that his life is in shambles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with him.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 6: You know, sometimes things go your way and sometimes they don't. When is that he's thinking to himself, you know what, it helped stress here a nice tasty treat. So he says to himself, he goes, you know what, I'm going to create the tastiest treat that ever was. His last name is Twizzler.
Speaker 1: I didn't think he saw, but he really Bob Twizzler. I wish you would have mentioned that the guy's name was Twizzler. About forty seconds again.
Speaker 6: And Bob Twizzler, who's going through a real bad breakup with the chef boy or no, excuse me, the Hamburger helper hand. They broke up and the Hamburger helper hand was seen Trott in his ass.
Speaker 1: So this is an alternate reality because Bob Twizzler is a real guy who's struggling with life, but he was formerly dating the Hamburger helper hand. Yeah, but they broke up.
Speaker 6: Who domb to the Hamburger helper hand is now being seen with my friend Anthony Tree, and Tree is a huge slut. So it's just devastating to Bob Twizzler. So he's said because the last thing Hamburger Helper Hand said to him is You're never going to be anybody and your stupid tasty treat is ever gonna take off. So now Bob Twizzler's motivated, and that's where Snoop Dogg comes in and him and stoop Dogg start smoking just o Z's of wheed, Hell yeah, just so much pot and coming up with ideas, and that's where they came up with Twizzler.
Speaker 1: It's a short film, so he already had a treat idea, yeah, but it took Snoop Dogg and o Z's of Weed yeah yeah yeah to really say like, well that that one sucks. We gotta make Twislers instead. But they fight over the name. There was a two person concoction here.
Speaker 6: No no, no. Snoop Dogg gives all credit to Bob Twizzler. He's just kind of like the uh the Obi wan kenobi this entire segment. And that is because my computer hasn't started.
Speaker 3: Can I say something, Yeah, he did a great job, but the movie's better and he made it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's never good when you say and you're explaining what the plot of the movies, you're like, well, it's an old tale, the tale as old as time. There was a guy whose life was, you know, experiencing ups and downs. Yea, and his name was Bob Twizzling.
Speaker 6: Oh, I didn't mention Bob had a real bad gambling addiction.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I didn't see it twice in the same day because I liked it so much. The first time I saw it, I thought maybe I'm maybe I'm in the wrong seat. So I went back into the same theater and sat in a different thing, and it still wasn't a good film. Oh well, but I did eat Twizzlers while I watched the movie about Bob Twizzler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twizzlers. Yeah, have we eaten Twizzlers? But do you like them? That would be something you don't like. They're fine. Yeah, I like that. Yeah, I love them. I'm a little surprised they haven't made an Eminem's movie.
Speaker 6: Oh, good point, it's on the way. I'm sure, Yeah, I'm sure it's on Yeah, they made it.
Speaker 1: He was rappy. God, I wish my computer would start so we wouldn't have to deal with eight mile jokes.
Speaker 6: Oh I'm sorry, sorry, my Okay, take a deep breath.
Speaker 1: Humors him up to your level. Sorry, I'm not Shecky Green. God you you reference him all the time. Name anything Shecky Green has ever done.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what he did that. I wish you were.
Speaker 1: He died like fifty years ago. I had no idea when did he die? Like, are you really hey?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's such an old sounding name. It just sounds like Shecky was crushing comedy clubs in the twenties. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think he's been in the twenties. I think he's one of the original stand up comedy comics. Really yeah, No, yeah, Shecky Green. Yeah, no idea, he's been around for a million years. Yeah, but I think hold on, Shecky.
Speaker 1: How did you spell it? Just out of curiosity? U S good star h E c Ky Green, Cky great band, Yeah, can't kill yourself, absolute slammers, cool guitar arrists. Checky Green. Here he is.
Speaker 6: He was known for his nightclub performances in Las Vegas, Nevada. He became the headliner in the nineteen fifties and sixties. Fifties and sixties, Yeah, and died When.
Speaker 1: He died, he died well.
Speaker 6: He died Uh December thirty first, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: He was ninety seven. Damn yeah, yeah, shout out to Shecky.
Speaker 6: Yeah, shut out Checky and shut out gut her helmet at gutterhulmetemen dot com. Never clean your gutters again.
Speaker 4: Gut her helm would be with us if you'd had gutter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, correct, gutter helmete men dot com. All right, Tommy Elson should be here in a second. Ben liber will be here about seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: This is the power to morning how on the fan. At some point body pain may creep in and become your reality. The buttons are back. Yes, it feels so much better to be god. Yeah, oh oh man, we got there and Thomas should be here in a second. So I was just telling you guys off the air. I think the only path, even though we've had a whole bunch of listeners submit really good ideas, I think the fastest and most efficient way to deal with this wild card situation is just to spin the wheel when the ninth game is over tomorrow. You guys all cool with that? Yeah? It works for me. Audre's already punched her ticket with a wild card because she has four. If anybody tomorrow gets four and loses, they would be the other wild card and then we would just spin for one spot. But if not, we have seven people and we would spin for two spots. Unlet's sauce unless you get three tomorrow and lose. Yeah, and you're on the wheel as well, so you could have eight or nine people on the wheel. Totally fine with it. That also gives me then the entire weekend to schedule the Semisdosmeo.
Speaker 6: Man, Sure, that's what he says in The Big Lebowski when he says we rolled our way into the Semis and then the Jesus says do osmeo man.
Speaker 1: Hmm, Liam and me. Yeah, great, great scene, great film. You said it. Nobody else with the Jesus. Yeah, see hockets. Did anybody see the Jesus standalone moving? I don't mean the Passion of the Christ. I mean that Jesus from Big Lebowski. No, I didn't know that was the thing.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that happening.
Speaker 1: Did that happen? Yeah, Jesus, Big Lebooski movie didn't and didn't like didn't what's his name? Like kind of fun? Yeah, the Jesus rolls, oh yeah, twenty nineteen. Yeah, there's no way that written, written, directed, and starring John Taturo.
Speaker 4: What's wrong with John Toturo?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 4: You just said to.
Speaker 1: The budget was four point five million box office what'd you guess?
Speaker 4: Five dollars ten million?
Speaker 1: Kit case sixty four thousand, boy Roden Tomatoes score twenty percent. Man, you that's weird.
Speaker 6: Because, like, it's tough to find a movie with a larger cult following than that movie, and there aren't enough people interested who are huge Big Lebowski.
Speaker 1: Fans to go see that movie. That's disappointing. It would have been a giant success if the Coen Brothers had written and directed it, but this was a standalone Yeah, side project just didn't work. Sixty four thousand, So let's do the math. Eighteen of it was from Kevin Gorg Oh yeah, he one hundred and nine of it was from Chris Hockey, so there's twenty seven dollars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well that's the rest of it. That's nice that Hawk went to a matinee of it, though I saw it twice. Oh loves Bowling and Jesus.
Speaker 4: Let's roll man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hm, great film, Thank you. The Jesus Rolls or The Big Lebowski. Big Lebowski is an all time I haven't seen it a long time, but I've seen it probably forty times.
Speaker 8: It's fantastic. Actually never seen it. Oh yeah, I've never seen it. Oh dude, put that on the list, the list. I just saw Days of Thunder for the first time yesterday. I was showing at the Lagoon.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 8: The Southern accents are so bad in that movie, but it's a it's a great movie. They're racing was just awesome.
Speaker 1: Peak Nicole Kittman too, right, you can you can see why Tom Cruise was like, you know, going to war for Yeah he did. He did what war? Civil Oh? Spanish American? He's a vampire, you know in that movie The Vampire. It was a crossover with the interview with the Vampire? Is that any good? Cole Trickles actually a vampire and Glory? Yeah? Yeah, Denzel was a liking. Yeah, he's a what a liking? What's that? Hate? Explaining everything?
Speaker 4: How you have to explain every damn everything?
Speaker 1: That's how you spell? What do you think it is? Didn't you see Underworld?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We all saw Underworld? Kate back and sale peak Kate and no I didn't see it. Oh, well, well you should still.
Speaker 4: Know things are working out today.
Speaker 1: What's going on? I said something really nice to haunt. He hopes I die? Wit. You said something nice on the air, off the the air, What did you say? The class the initials tournament? And he said, I hope you die of Okay, you're on camera, So so you play tomorrow. But you still hope that he wins.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They had a good laugh about it. So you hope he still wins the whole thing, even though you've played tomorrow and you could be the winner of the whole thing. You've never won it. No, but you want him to win it. Yeah, you would rather have him win it than you. I mean no, But the hell is going on with my computer?
Speaker 4: Look what's going on?
Speaker 6: I know all of these things are falling on. Mine works fine? Oh yeah, mine works great?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 4: Good, because yours is important, brilliant.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you're over there googling lichens. I don't know what that means. Google it? Yeah, no, thanks, hmm. Yeah, day's a thunder solid. I think you will love big Lebowski. Yah. Man, I'm a little surprised you haven't seen it, just because you're a sinophile. Hey, whoa, those are alligations? WHOA?
Speaker 4: I have a set here.
Speaker 1: Ye would you say you have seen the majority of the Coen Brothers movies though or not. I've seen about I'd say like half. So you've seen Fargo, No, my, oh my god, yikes, dude, okay, what about Brother No, my god, la week you've seen No Country?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean that's that's you know, Cherry on Top. But still I saw what's the what's the speaking of John Taturou the gangster one?
Speaker 8: Miller's Crossing. Oh see, I've never even seen that one. That's a banger, is that right? Yeah, that's a great movie.
Speaker 1: All right? Well, I mean if you haven't seen Old Brother, Big Lebowski or Fargo, those are three of my favorite fifty movies of all time, right there. I mean, Brothers just don't miss almost they get a couple of stinkers, yeah, but rarely rarely miss.
Speaker 8: When I started, I was doing it in chronological order, So I saw like, what's it called blood?
Speaker 1: Simple? I saw Raising Arizona, I saw Miller's Crossing. Okay, then aren't you at Fargo yet? Fargo should be next, right? Fargo is got to be close to next chronologically, is yeah? Okay?
Speaker 8: I don't know how that is, and then yeah, Fargo, the big Lebowski. Oh brother, we're out there?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Yeah, Hawk was it telling me about old brother last week? Based on the Yeah, you will, you will like the references. It's it's fantastic, It's wonderful. Yeah, you'll look at Clooney differently too, because if you've mostly just seen Clooney in Oceans, he's totally different in this movie and he's fantastic, fantastic, high type. You got high type, fade going, brother, Thank you, hair's looking good? You like it. I have a big wedding this weekend, so I had to lock in your second I'm officiating.
Speaker 4: Mmmm, father Tom, are you wearing referees up fit?
Speaker 1: Brilliant? No?
Speaker 4: I actually wrote the whole script or whatever you call it, dearly beloved.
Speaker 1: No, what do I said? I said?
Speaker 7: I literally say, hey, gangs, making it.
Speaker 1: All about me. It's tough. When you wear tight white pants, you can't you can't. You can't use the pockets. Why noted, because it like gets really bulgy and it looks weird. Yeah. Do you notice that when you wear tighter pants?
Speaker 6: I don't wear tight white pants down white pants. General, I don't wear white pants these white. But do you always see I always have my wallet in my front pocket. I'd never put it in my back pocket. I don't go stands on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you you go back pocket or front traditional wallet just like how you do same? I'm always back right, oh man, but or front left? It doesn't look good and you know so.
Speaker 7: But usually when I go out, I take on my credit card and my ID and put it into my phone.
Speaker 1: So then you don't have to worry about this bad boy interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pleasure, don't want people know who you are?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, Tommy, we should break and do sports. When we come back with Tommy, I have news for you, good bad. We'll find out after the break.
Speaker 7: For you.
Speaker 9: Oh power trip moan each After this, some of the fans from.
Speaker 4: The one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsible.
Speaker 4: Thomas is exciting. You got them all pumped up.
Speaker 1: I have pumped all right. Oh yeah quick, let's do it. Me tell you what you said someone You're gonna say something to me? Yeah? The news for you? Yeah, yeah, we can do it. Let's do it into sports because it's sports related. Okay, sports really.
Speaker 4: Like it a look okay from Pace Sports Bang Bang Bang.
Speaker 1: Brought you by holiday for a limited time, four Mountain dews for just eight bucks at our friends at holidays, So ice cold do how do you be? Yeah? Four for eight bucks? They never do four. Yeah, road triping.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 1: That's for the whole family. You know, I'm really excited to hear about Ben's road trip.
Speaker 7: I know you guys talk to him about it, but talk about like gas station stuffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't really hit that. We were focused on, you know, aims and the emotions of dropping a daughter off at college and all this kind of stuff, and we didn't really say, like you and the boys had whatever it was, fifteen sixteen, seventeen hours in the car, what'd you eat? God, we didn't really ask him. Okay, maybe we will, We'll talk to him. All right, Tommy, all right, you ready for this? Huh? Remember a couple of weeks ago we said, hey, ninety nine percent chance here, you're gonna love this idea. It's gonna be the greatest. And then we told you off the air what it was, and you were like, this is the greatest idea in the history of the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Yes, ladies and gentlemen can I please have your attention. I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I eat all of you to stop what you're doing and listen.
Speaker 1: It's dead.
Speaker 4: Oh not happened.
Speaker 1: Yep. The ninety literally didn't come through. We got bad beat. So look, we know Power Trip is infamous for going, hey, I have a great idea and then we never follow through. Right, This one was everything's lined up, all the ducks are in a row, sponsor attached all that stuff. Everything was lined up, and then the sponsor backed out. So you, guys, I reached out to people at the U. I believe you, and the U was pumped way. We had everything lined up, just fell apart at the last second. You can, I'm physic this like, so this has been like a bit this, this is not and this is it. We didn't, you know, set this up to troll you. We didn't say like, hey, let's get Tommy's hopes up and then crushing Yeah, this was a done deal. We were all pumped about it too, and then it fell through.
Speaker 7: Well now now now there's only one thing we can do, which is my birthday homecoming. I've told you guys, literally since May there's no reason that none of us can go.
Speaker 1: Which is this? Which weekend? Is this again?
Speaker 7: October twenty Well, my birthdays talked Tober twenty first, but it's homecoming as October twenty fourth, and we play Iowa. It's a two thirty kick and it's my thirty fourth birthday. Everyone celebrates in the morning. You're at well, I usually would, but not on the twenty fourth. The twenty fourth. Yeah, there's this thing called the Gopher House, and so I've invited no less.
Speaker 1: Than one hundred people. What's the capacity?
Speaker 4: I haven't asked fifteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, five. I've told everyone you guys are going to be there, so I need you there. You guys are the headlines. How many people did you did you tell about the power trip idea? Literally my whole family, everyone in my work, everybody should wait until you hear what they're gonna do. You guys, I texted, like, his name is Mike, where is Vicky? You know him?
Speaker 7: I'm sure you guys have met him before. Greatest Guy told him like this could be like the next big thing for the ghosts.
Speaker 1: Nope, fell apart about we were in. We were interested. Yeah, we said yes, okay, okay, maybe down the road. Who October fourth, let's talk before Michigan game. You Lions? Peyton Yeah, no Mannings Yeah, both of them, Yeah, both of them. Perch Yeah, Arch will be there. Cooper Peyton kid, Peyton's kids like the next horse. He's a freshman. I did not know that. That doesn't shock anybody. Yeah, he's not nuts is a.
Speaker 4: Party, He's a freak freak. You got mono nucleosis?
Speaker 1: Oh have you guys had mono before? It sucks? No?
Speaker 4: I never had a horrible doesn't shock us that you have horrible?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I had it in like third grade. A girl sneezed on my cheetos. God like, I love yeah him anyway, I don't care. That's your origin story for why you eat floor off the hotel floors to sneeze on your cheetos and you still late them.
Speaker 4: I guess that wasn't the only Buddley fluid on your cheetos.
Speaker 1: Oh, that does sound like a euphemism, Like you hear Tommy's letting girls sneeze on his cheetos? He does, Yes, it does. But like when you're a third grade you can't pass up cheetos at line, Well, you can't if it's covered in snip. No, you can't interesting. What were we talking about again? Though? Mono? Oh yeah, Mono. How about when somebody got Mono in like middle school, isn't it weird? You were like, what a freak? What's wrong with them? Like they had anything to do with their choice? Do you hear Billy get mon gross? Billy's ruined forever for like six weeks, like a four week thing. I think it was. He had to stay home from school for about a month. But you have to get it by making out right like that was the thing. Yeah, it's like the horny one. I don't know. No, that's how you You had to third grade? Yeah but I got sneezed on herpies? Yeah probably no, but I swear that's the kiss It is the kissing thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you right.
Speaker 1: I feel like Mono is dead. No one gets Mono anymore, well, nobody gets any of less.
Speaker 4: Take a look. See.
Speaker 1: It's a common contagious illness, usually caused by the Epstein bar virus. Did you get it from epstein or bar? Anthony bar? Wow? Hanging out speaking of Anthony bar and like Viking stuff. By the way, it isn't the herpes family so you weren't wrong. Yeah really, yep, yep. Mono was primarily caused by the epstein bar virus, which belongs to the herpes virus family. Less commonly other germs are oh cmv can cause a similar illness. It's easily through bodily fluids, mostly spits, so that's the making out part of it is called the kissing disease, So sharing cups, glasses, forks, sharing toothbrushes or food, or less common but possible coughs orzes. Oh why why? How do you know you have it? You're just tired? Is that what it was? I am tirespleen hurts.
Speaker 4: Well, then I've got mono.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah that was what I remember kids that had it saying that they were just like ridiculously tired for extended periods of time, for like a month straight. Yeah, I couldn't play hockey for like, Chris is right. I feel like I've had mono for like twenty five years. The problem.
Speaker 7: Yeah, could you imagine if you guys got mono on top of not sleeping?
Speaker 1: Man? Bizarre? Yeah, I guess I just have to stay inside all day? Why not? Great point? Great point? Hey, you guys going to Vegas soon. Yeah yeah, suckers flying not together, Yeah yeah, which means we're gonna sob you think you smooch mam?
Speaker 7: Good luck, good luck French before you take off.
Speaker 1: A bar virus. It's a great tradition. Good luck French before you get on the flight. Just like to stop, like how you walking with your right foot? What boom?
Speaker 7: You guys know about that? What walking in on a flight? You gotta walk in on your right foot?
Speaker 1: Have you never heard of that? Are you nuts? Where did you hear this from?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 1: Remember? Like, keep calm and try on my s you had to put your right foot on first. What you do in the hockey post you have to get into like do you know when you're on the then the first step onto the plane has to be with your right foot.
Speaker 7: I promise you now that I said this, you guys will think about it every time when you walk on.
Speaker 1: It's just for some reason you got to go right foot. Left foot's bad. But I don't know, really weird.
Speaker 4: Go back to like the days of the Knights and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It's just a Middle Ages planes not well read. I don't know.
Speaker 4: You can't know that there weren't planes back then.
Speaker 7: So that's like due to that right foot thing, I've been trying to go for the old like good luck French before we take.
Speaker 1: Off, So double up on the good luck step with the right foot, make out with somebody randomly for good luck, and move on exactly.
Speaker 7: So like when I'm like when like I grew up, like we'd say like our father before we took off, like we'd all hold hands and do that when we're taking off. So now I'm just trying to say our father and then little French and then good luck.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: That's tripling up before he always goes.
Speaker 1: And that's it. An has right outside of gate D fifty every time, God, he's getting pulled off the plane. Yes you are.
Speaker 4: My whole thing is every time the plane goes through turbulence.
Speaker 6: I go.
Speaker 1: Core, you a combos guy when you like, what never had one? You never never? Because you know, because he said ons or.
Speaker 7: And then I thought of the Hudson News right across, because I know that's usually where I get my combos before I get on the flight home.
Speaker 1: That's where I get the old nine dollars white monster. That's not a euphemism.
Speaker 7: Crazy to get an energy drink on a flight home then, But like, isn't that the time to like rest?
Speaker 4: But he doesn't sleep, No, he doesn't sleep.
Speaker 1: And also that's just those don't affect me. I just like the taste of them. Could you chug one and past a billion percent? There's no way I could. I could hammer one at nine to thirty pm and still be out by ten. Who cares. That's not even a stick brag. It just means I'm a medical disaster. Yes you are. It's the opposite, right, I'm the opposite of Ross Geller, who's a medical marvel. Yeah, I miss Vegas. I really want. Oh we're only a couple of months away, twenty fifth anniversary. You'll be there. Come with Saucy, Yeah, come with Saucy and I when you have that makeout French, the good luck makeoup.
Speaker 5: What what?
Speaker 1: What weekend? He's thinking about it? When is two weeks from tomorrow? Yeah? Well, I mean we we leave two weeks from yesterday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so since the weekend of the twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight, even though that's Wednesday, I'm out?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 4: What the hell is going on?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why that is the kiddos weekend? If you guys really care.
Speaker 4: Why kiddos?
Speaker 7: So my mom calls Eddie and I and Sassin cam kiddos. So the four of us are hanging out.
Speaker 1: Well Mary Chris once that's don't you see that? Purpose We don't give each other Christmas present. We do one weekend a year where we have a big Slummer party both nights as the kid's weekend.
Speaker 4: That's hot, Tommy, What what Tommy is gonna happen?
Speaker 1: That's the voice of the Lord. I go Cam and says, you gotta sleep upstairs. Sounds like we're gonna be making some kiddos awakend.
Speaker 4: It does work that way.
Speaker 1: Corey yea, brothers don't shake hands.
Speaker 10: You look for every year.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you should.
Speaker 4: Yeah, doesn't.
Speaker 1: She'll come around.
Speaker 4: Hope suldn't go out of the corner at the wrong time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I hope we should stays upstairs. Never just getting out of plane. It's I'll just father for the ghettos where we're getting on a plane. What really matters is next this is the power trip. More sorry about that. That go for a bit. Man, It sucks, It does sucks. It sucks to to break your heart. It was a ninety nine Percenter. It was a done deal. You guys are s the eyes downed, the t's crossed. It was a done deal. Maybe we'll go instagram live at my birthday party. Maybe what really matters.
Speaker 5: Is next.
Speaker 1: Our Ieart Radio Music Festival presented by Capitol Line. Who's coming back to Las Vegas September eighteenth and nineteen Goodfield this year.
Speaker 11: Tim McGraw will be there on August twenty third and My Chemical Romance on August twenty fourth. Get the complete details on all of our upcoming shows on the concert page at KFA dot com.
Speaker 1: Heyward Calendar, sing it timmograw with the Chicks, and my dad's going to that show? Is that right? Hawk's day?
Speaker 4: Did you know who to text to me?
Speaker 1: Well, my mom, My mom, and dad are going.
Speaker 7: Guess who agrees with me out of everyone in the world to text me about what? You guys all know this person about getting on a plane with the right foot first?
Speaker 1: Yes? Do you know this person very well?
Speaker 4: Tolly Bones did.
Speaker 1: A regular member of the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 7: Not a regular member of the Power Trip Morning Show. A regular member of a different show on.
Speaker 1: The fan.
Speaker 7: Guersy, Nope, this person might have a different role within the fan as well.
Speaker 8: Must Yeah, what bar goes right? But first in the world for Barb to support me on it. Okay, the person who've ever agreed.
Speaker 1: She's almost adamantly against every other piece of your existence. So the time you found.
Speaker 3: Something, present her with your idea of French before we fly the state shirt.
Speaker 4: Feel about that we French before we fly?
Speaker 1: Barbed the stated T shirt.
Speaker 7: Bar But if we need any more T shirt ideas, I'll workshop some today. Hey, she does, is there anything finalized yet?
Speaker 1: Do we know there's a couple in the works that I've seen power Trip specific kind of there's a couple that I really like, which means they're not going to sell. Well, yeah, because when I like a shirt at bombs and when I think a shirt sucks, it sells through the roof. I'm always wrong about safe air T shirts every year, which is a nice way of me getting out of it too, because whenever they're like, hey, I need your advice or I need ideas, I'm like, I am the wrong guy to ask.
Speaker 4: Do we know first we French, then were fly?
Speaker 1: That's not a bad shirt? No, do we know the day if we're doing a show out there September first and September fifth, the night of the first, the night of the first, the afternoon of the fifth, yep, the fifth afternoon. I think noon to too. I think yeah too, because yeah.
Speaker 4: Play the one of the casinos.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, all right, Let's do what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports and between Crystal change your life and it has brought you Ovo, Lasick and Lens. Go get Lasick from doctor Mark lban Off and doctor David Whiten and the great staff at Oval. Lasik and Lens.
Speaker 4: First re French, then we fly.
Speaker 1: I like that, and then we get Lasik. Actually, get Lasik first, and then French, and then I don't want to see who you're frenching. Oh good point, all right, So take your contacts out the blind as a bat, make out with somebody, step right foot first onto a plane and then we fly and then we fly to doctor Mark loban Off and doctor David.
Speaker 4: That's what really matters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you you understand that, because like when you check out of a hotel, like how you have to go back in like five times. Yeah, but I don't have superstitions. It's just more of like I have, like go CD tendencies. What's the difference, great questions, Well, but this is difference. But like stepping stepping first, right foot first out of a plane, to think it's quote good luck for the flight, Yeah, that is supernatural and and like your you think somehow that your action are are increasing the odds of the plane going. Well, I'm just paranoid and concerned about me forgetting something in a I.
Speaker 7: Think ultimately it lead to the same feeling same exactly because like every time I've ever put my shoes on before a gopher game would be right foot, left foot, and like right sock, left sock, and if I didn't, I would feel that uneasy feeling that you feel if you didn't look at your run five times.
Speaker 1: I still think the difference is you think that your foot on the plane is changing the future outcome, but you're.
Speaker 3: I see it well though, you must be thinking because if you didn't think it would, it would negatively affect the future.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't do it?
Speaker 1: There's there's there's But mine has nothing to do with supernatural or magic tendencies. Mine just is I'm going to forget my phone charger and I don't want to pay for a new phone. Charger. You know what I'm saying. That's the difference. That's fair. Yeah, that's reality. I still think I think the thing that the overlap is the mentality of comfort. You're looking for comfort matters, right, for real reasons mine first? Yes, yes, yes, all right, let's start with what everybody wants to start with.
Speaker 3: I don't know why all the audio levels are so weird, So sorry about that to everybody.
Speaker 1: So cloud Chris requested this. We're going to start with this NBA Trivia.
Speaker 12: Love it.
Speaker 4: I've been studying.
Speaker 1: Wait the good news, Chris, this is a group project, group project. Nobody looked this up. I hope Sauce didn't read this while he was doing prep for the show Trivia.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Russell Westbrook announced his retirement from the NBA after eighteen seasons. He played for seven different teams. He apparently did have offers from the Kings and the Wizards this summer, but he's like, I'm done, number four pick in two thousand and eight. I had forgotten about this. I always thought that Durant was the last Sonics pick. But according to the story I read, technically Westbrook was drafted by quote Seattle, but that was the summer they moved to Oklahoma City. So Durant played for the Sonics. Westbrook was drafted by the Sonics but immediately played for the thunder So list, I mean it just I mean he played for He never played for the Sonics, but I guess he technically was drafted by Seattle. I thought Durant was the last one. But whatever, Okay, all right, a couple of random things. Let's do this as a group. Sure nobody looked us up. This is the super famous one. I think you guys will all get this. In twenty sixteen, twenty seventeen, he became the first player since Oscar Robertson to average a triple double for a season. Unbelievable. What year did the Big oh average a triple double? Because again, Russell did it in twenty sixteen, slash twenty and seventeen, and at that point it hadn't been done since seventy one, sixty nine, seventy two. What's the year dude did the one hundred and seventy seventy six?
Speaker 4: What's the year of the dude? The underpoint game?
Speaker 1: Sure? Just the same yard bet yeah, way back in the day sixty two. Oh, So that's how long it had been, but Russell Westbrook did it. But now, speaking of triple doubles, here we go. See if you guys can do this. Daddy Russell Westbrook has the most triple doubles in NBA history with two hundred and nine. God God, how many say course nine, He's number one. I need the five guys two through six only fans. Rose the Joker is number two.
Speaker 4: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 1: Bron Lebron is number five. You need three, four and six, Chris Paul, Steve Natch, Dirk, Kyrie.
Speaker 8: Dusty, Luca, Luca. I don't think Luca likes passing. Tyrese Haliber, Cat Duncan.
Speaker 1: Man Shack Dusty Bow also didn't pass Oh like Will doesn't he have to be? No? Jordan Fareem not Korean promote. Magic is full of magic. Johnson is fourth. You're missing You're missing Nope, You're missing three, which is obvious if you think about it, less d Wad Drew p Weed three and six, see right, three Three should be obvious.
Speaker 4: Step No, who's number three?
Speaker 1: Man should be obvious? For reasons. In the last four minutes, somebody just said Oscar Oscar robertson his third Robertson is number three, Number six is gettable current No Bird. Uh, this person, I would say was more known for assists than the rest of it. But technically he has a lot of triple doubles because he has a lot of assists. Jason K Jason kid, Look at that? Is he still all done? So? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Is he still jacked?
Speaker 1: Didn't he get really jacked? I don't know. Hawk doesn't know who he is.
Speaker 4: I would know if hers.
Speaker 1: So check this out. If we're gonna do, we're gonna do what really matters. Hawk's gonna change your life with something else? Then guess what We're gonna do? What more NBA trivia. But what really matters is this first we French Hawks Alredy.
Speaker 3: Investigators say a sex toy was responsible for shutting down some DC streets during yesterday's morning rush hour. DC police received a report of a suspicious package in a trash can at the tin Lee Town fire Station. Authority shut down roads in the area for several hours while they investigated. In the investigators of the package contained an electronic sex portable pump device.
Speaker 1: Took them several hours.
Speaker 4: Say it one more time.
Speaker 3: Electronic sex portable pump device work your mics like you don't know?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll buy you one by one. You mean to try it? I tried it in Vegas and live review it by yourself. What do you mean live review? What do you mean you go into the bathroom and have like the live like Twitter, I mean relaxed. You've had worse ideas, not bad by and put this one on the anti bar blist. No, not gonna work. Interesting.
Speaker 4: Aren't those the things that are supposed to make it bigger?
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. Don't they like pump you up so you're ready? Why don't you go try Why don't you cry about try one in Vegas?
Speaker 4: If those things report back, they would be sold out.
Speaker 1: All I could be using it right now.
Speaker 7: I might be using it right now, but then when it I don't know, if you pump it up right like think of the Austin Powers one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it would get wait a minute, is mine mine? It would get stuck in there? Do correct? Hey? Do you guys?
Speaker 6: This is on the same level of what we're talking about. Wasn't there like a local judge that was like using a penis pump.
Speaker 1: While he was like working, No idea. I think that I thought that was a story. Am I making things? Mathis? Yeah, Judge Greg Mathews, the TV guy, Yeah, no, but I'm pretty sure that was like a bit Does it help you like get to oh? Or does it help you get.
Speaker 3: Also called a vacuum erection device or v ED, works by creating negative pressure around it, which draws blood into it and produces a temporary erect makes sense once they were a construction ring is placed at the base he used those.
Speaker 1: Oh sure.
Speaker 4: I think I always feel like.
Speaker 3: A like a really good detective every time I'm here with you, because I always set you up by going, no, you've used that.
Speaker 4: I'm Joe sure. Oh, I know I should have admitted that.
Speaker 1: I think they added a pumping room here when they did the renovation.
Speaker 4: We've all kissed our cousin right right, ty.
Speaker 7: Right here.
Speaker 12: Two thousand and six, a former Okah now Minnesota former Oklahoma judge convicted of exposing himself well presiding over jury trials by using a sexual device.
Speaker 1: Under his robe that was definitely a flashlight. There was not found.
Speaker 11: I think I found what you were talking about. Sauce go ahead. Local one apparently was that attorneys.
Speaker 7: No good, but no isn't that a new state law? You need a milking room? And whoa Okay, no, seriously, we.
Speaker 1: Have one here, Yeah, we got one. Yeah, yeah, we have a room that's that is dedicated to laking room? Is it not? It's a maternity war. What's it called? I called a maternity war? What's called.
Speaker 4: A milking room?
Speaker 12: Isn't it?
Speaker 1: What's it called?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you maternity ward? What is it called?
Speaker 4: Well, you know what if that's what it's called, I'll be right back.
Speaker 1: The Hawk's gonna do business calls in there. Is there a blactation room?
Speaker 4: Ye see, okay, yeah, I'm down there. Just be like, okay, come on, and I got this.
Speaker 1: Always out ROSI get out of here. It's my turn Rose. All right. So, if you are young enough to not have watched Russell Westbrook's entire career, you're probably like Russell west Brick, the guy that can't shoot right, Like I do. You watch him at the end of his career, he looked like a you know, kind of a joke. Yeah, the guy one of the all time greats. He's like, he's a first ballot Hall of Famer, He's a no brainer, scored a ton of points. How about this fourth most points ever for someone to never win a championship. Wow? Name the three guys with more points than Russell Westbrook that never won a championship. Carl Alone's number one, God one, Charles h. Carmelo and mellow is three. You're missing one Charles Nope, Scott Skiles can. I'll just go on on a limb.
Speaker 6: It's never gonna be Scout Skyles until it is. Chris Paul, Paul, Chris No, the beard, James Hard Look at this.
Speaker 1: Tommy knows his beard? Yes he does. I forgot about that. Not bad, Tommy, Look at you. That work, By the way, he's actually just voice text dude, the beard. It worked out wonderfully. Thanks for asking. What really matters is this?
Speaker 4: Sorry, let me see what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Did you buy a penis pump? Yeah, that's a good question. What well? I mean, there's so many sex stores in Vegas. We can just go, you know, check them out, try them extra size.
Speaker 4: I don't think you're allowed to try them on in the store.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, that's true. Yeah, I mean they got the stalls. You buy like three of them and then you return the two that don't work. Oh my God, what did they put in in?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: What's down tow Mineapolis, sext shop or whatever?
Speaker 8: World?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what took over?
Speaker 7: Do we know.
Speaker 1: It's a nice? That's a nice probably a coffee joint. Yeah, celibacy world, ask Rosie. I mean that's right on the heart of Minneapolis. That be a good spot. That's where we should put Keithan.
Speaker 5: The bar.
Speaker 1: That would be on brand. I mean there's half the staff is very familiar with that location.
Speaker 3: Damdelions have a folk name and I'm not making this up, kiddos, cover your ears. The folk name for dandelions is piss a bed because their leaves are a strong diuretic.
Speaker 1: Mmm mm hmmis a story, Yeah, yeah, go ahead tell the story.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, no, no, I know we we we know you told us in your early thirties.
Speaker 1: Yeah what, well, what do you want to know that you're not asking any questions. I don't have to volunteer.
Speaker 6: I know most of the stories you tell us off the air, we don't say anything and you'll just come in and tell it on the air.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when did you last pe a bed?
Speaker 1: Last year?
Speaker 4: Thank you for and you said you do it because you get chilli sometimes.
Speaker 1: Uh no, no, I well, yeah, I mean last year was tough. I had two incidents, so that got in the way. Twenty five was a rough year for Tommy. Oh yeah, yeah, your incident number one and then you had that number two incident. No, I'm not kidding, that's exactly right, Zach.
Speaker 4: You probably remember, yeah, we all remember when you pooped the bed.
Speaker 1: I remember that. Yeah, uh huh, yes, that took care of me pretty well.
Speaker 2: Remember.
Speaker 3: I believe both instances took a took place after a strong night of drinking.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the the number two the bed that was a Sunday night after like a weekend of eating really bore, just like every Sunday night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the piss the bed was after it was a Monday night. So that's a that's a tough one. That's a tough one on a Tuesday. That is a tough one. Nothing worse, all right, last one Russell Westbrook related. No, it was just the course. You know, Russell Westbrook fifth all time on the NBA assist We're.
Speaker 4: Talking about Russell Westbrook instead of in the bat.
Speaker 1: He pisses the bed named the four guys and the bed more than Russell Westbrook. Tommy for the four guys with Morrissis and Russell Bron, John Stockton, Dockton's number one, Chris this this what is Chris Paul, Chris Paul's two, Lebron j Lebron's four, Jason Jason kidd Is three. Geez, Max just smoked that list. Stockton one, Chris Paul two, Jason kidd three, Lebron for Russell Westbrook five pissed the bed six. Yeahs like an all time list of like a lot of Russell is a Rainer, first ballot Hall of Famers, like the relevancy or whatever him. Yeah, he faded at the end. Yep, God that sucks. And again he's he wasn't the greatest shooter at the end of his career, but in his prime he could score because he would just get to the ram and where is by he could jump out of the gym. He was one of the most entertaining players to watch. Visual former MVP. Yeah, the thing. He was the MVP of the entire league. He was great, super good. All right, more of what really matters after this more with Tommy Olsen. Ben Leeber's gonna be here in like sixteen minutes. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the fan. Sometimes you found from the one eight hundred ask Gary traffic center.
Speaker 4: I know there's dead air. I don't care.
Speaker 3: I I.
Speaker 1: Oh, all right, what did I miss?
Speaker 4: We can't tell you explains everything, dude, many mouse.
Speaker 1: It's kind of the origin story now literally, yes, we just figured it out. Now we understand, but I'm out of everything I've ever told you. Guys, I would have started at that. That's how I never thought. I thought it was so normal.
Speaker 4: Literally, Max through a challenge flag. Yeah, and it was his pick, but that's all he had.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm just trying to piece it together, just like the listeners are, because I had fifteen commercials to do that. Brain. My guess is you had some kind of weird attraction in minie mouse when you were younger. Close, Well, okay, I mean where does it take a left turn? Though somebody did. Yeah, I don't want to know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this one's not necessarily about me, got it? Okay, I think I'm no, I think I'm to We'll tell you interesting. Yeah, wow, all right, more of what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports and in between. Cryst will change your life with something else.
Speaker 11: We talk about what we were going to do when the initials jackpot goes off, and how we're going to continue on and play the game.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's how this segment feels. Yeah, that was all the time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Court, have you guys discussed that Actually no, we Zach.
Speaker 1: Cor just brought that up the other day, that like we should get a meeting together and get this figured out because it's it's gonna go off at some point. And now we're talking ridiculous levels of money. Not that Carl's thirty one to five wasn't or Mike's thirteen to five wasn't, but now we're at one hundred and twenty two thousand dollars. That's so much freaking money we're giving away. At some point we have there should be a thing so much that.
Speaker 7: Day day of you guys have to drop your things and like bring a big check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully if it's a Twin Cities person and record the whole thing, like the venture to go get this guy, like the old publisher's clearing house thing, bring the balloons and the giant check, that would be perfect, and like you record all of it, sure, you know, sure, God, that'd be great it's gonna happen at some point. Guy last week, right, the guy last week had went away? You never know. I say this every time, but when you know that the person has one right, yeah right? If we could stop time realistically, now we're like in a one in sixteen ish chance, right, yeah, yeah, because you're not going to use q ques and excellency. So like now it's like this this guy here, Gal's got like a one in sixteen chance of being super rich. Yum man. If we can just stop time and start over. Anyway, Speaking of money, way more than one hundred and twenty two thousand dollars. How about the absolute flip job that Mark Walter did with the Los Angeles Lakers in October of last year. He bought the Lakers essentially for ten billion dollars and is selling it for twelve point five billion dollars. Flip it for two point five billion within one year. Wow, you have to pay capital gains on that? You think? Sure, I'm sure. Look all those rich guys have loopholes tax Josh Kushner, brother of Jared, But Josh Kushner and Bob Iger are buying the Lakers for twelve point five billion, So The reason why they're doing that, according to sources, is they were both involved potentially in the Vegas expansion franchise. They want that team, and that would have been around seven point five billion. I don't understand quite why, but I guess that was far from a guarantee. So they're like, well, we could either just buy the Lakers for twelve point five, the Lakers for twelve point five, or fight to get the Vegas franchise for seven.
Speaker 3: And I guess we don't really know the financials about why one's better than the other.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't you buy the Lakers?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, see I would argue, I would argue it two different ways.
Speaker 4: You're buying a classic car or a brand new car.
Speaker 1: But see I said I would, I would. Tommy, you'll understand this as a guy that committed to the Gophers. Yeah, are you just the next Lakers.
Speaker 4: Owner or did you have no other choice?
Speaker 1: Now that's no, But are you the next Lakers owner? Or are you the only Vegas owner? Right? Like, it's do you go to Duke and play basketball and you're the nine hundred first round pick? Or are you the guy that took the Gophers or the promise?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Right? And so then you can go to Disney World to celebrate. You could argued either clearly the I think the Vegas or sorry, yeah, the Lakers are a better financial investment. But there's something about starting your own franchise in Vegas and just having it for the rest of your life. Who's this guy who just sold it for twelve So Mark Walter, he sold high, Like think about that, Like, yeah, and I guess he's getting investigated. There's some tax problems, he's in some legal issues, so he might just want to get out LA. They're gonna have to the Lakers money wise, Like look what Lebron did do.
Speaker 7: The average ticket price at at Philly went from like seventy bucks to two hundred twenty bucks.
Speaker 1: Really, like it won't that much like insane. Oh yeah, so he brings a lot of commerce.
Speaker 8: But the Lakers are aside from the Yankees, are they not the most iconic American team sports?
Speaker 1: And this is the record twelve point five is the record for a sports team. So like, this is the most valuable sports team right now in the world. There's more upside if you bought acting like.
Speaker 7: I know money, but like, yeah, I think there's more upside if you buy the Vegas team personally interesting.
Speaker 3: Just because I'm old school, I would probably choose the Lakers personally. I mean I would, I would choose the the Trophies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and is the next Bobcats? You know, the next four and you never know?
Speaker 7: And judging by them being a twelve five, it feels like they haven't gone down.
Speaker 1: No, by the way, just to just to depress everybody in these rooms and everybody listening. So Bob Iger, former Disney CEO, that's a name.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: Sure. I didn't know Josh Kushner until I read the story yesterday. Venture capital guy forty one? Come on, he's forty one. Oh buddy, he's what billions early?
Speaker 4: He knows people.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure, but again invested correctly.
Speaker 4: But Chef Boyard, what there's.
Speaker 1: Money in that? There's tons of money in the boy. Do you reminds me of you when we talk about this Josh Kushner or some random dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got cash, he's got you know what reminds me of you?
Speaker 1: Don't the most wonderful place in the world. What do you think I do think he made that much money? Uh? Go ahead, Max, I mean he's he didn't start from the ground up. You could have You never.
Speaker 11: Open a Spotify, Instagram and Stripe made that massive investor investing earlier, he invested in the movie Stripes.
Speaker 1: Also, his brother is married to the President's daughter. Oh that's help, Papa.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 1: And his dad was like a politician, diplomat real estate. Sure, Dusty mon is this? Yeah? Yeah? What us old dust his Dusty Morney Jr. I mean I would assume. Yeah, come on, man, that's not fair. I don't assume. I can't assume Dusty's You seen him French before.
Speaker 4: No, we don't fight together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, brilliant.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but she's good at French and old Dusty don't getting in like Dusty without being horny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never had a non horny Dusty. Have you do you know what Dusty? My cousin's named Dusty? Oh? God, oh my god?
Speaker 4: Which one you know?
Speaker 1: His name is Dustin? Calm dust I do call him dust Yeah?
Speaker 4: Have you been told not to call him so often?
Speaker 1: But I heard he has like a hammer. You were heard.
Speaker 6: It's so not.
Speaker 1: Just through the great Who did you hear that from the old family reunion?
Speaker 3: You need to stop and I'm telling you it's your friend, you might want to turn the volume down.
Speaker 1: I know what. The sponsor backed out of.
Speaker 5: Kidding.
Speaker 1: What really matters, though.
Speaker 7: Is this.
Speaker 4: There is a lot that matters.
Speaker 1: I have heard nothing about my cousin's penis not only if I haven't heard? Or which is the.
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 1: You need help? We should show me each other? My god? How are you not in multiple documentaries? Is he not in multiple presents at the same time? Were you not canceling? All right? Your turn?
Speaker 3: Stephen Neil who played for ten years with the Patriots, and wonder that name?
Speaker 7: Ring?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, never played college football. He was a freestyle wrestler who defeated brock Lessner in the NCAA champions.
Speaker 1: I did not remember that that guy.
Speaker 4: Damn, I remember the guy who beat brock Lesning.
Speaker 1: I wonder if we talked about this six times. But none of us remember this or retained it, because that's a name we all remember absolutely. I don't remember the Brock, but be Brock I did.
Speaker 4: They were the same person.
Speaker 1: Interesting, how about that? So he lost in the Natty just how Gable did too, I think? But I think brock also won a national title.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe very similar? Okay, crazy man Max imagine being the guy say yeah, I'd beat Brock. It's just so cool. It doesn't seem possible. Person Like, there's no way somebody else can take this guy down. It's like the one guy that struck out Mahur in high school.
Speaker 3: Listen to this, I'd wear in His final title in nineteen ninety nine, came via went over future NCAA Wrestling champion, WDVEE champion and UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Listener. In March of twenty eleven, Lissner told Open Anthony that has lost to Neil still.
Speaker 4: Sticks with him. How about that? So I know it is such a good and he won the Super Bowl three times?
Speaker 1: What a life?
Speaker 4: And he never played college ball.
Speaker 1: What would you guys do if you guys won the Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: I know it, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't even try to do that. I didn't even know. I meant more Vegas, but you know one, I'd be honored to go with your dad.
Speaker 4: Undrafted free agent.
Speaker 1: Man, it hasn't even been a segment.
Speaker 4: You're gonna need one on playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, flying a little close to the sun there, ye looks like you yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh my, okay, oh my, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well if me and the listeners haven't already put it together. I think that was the final nail on the coffin. Yes, it's crystal clear.
Speaker 3: Now I gotta know more about this guy, dude, this guy, this this uh, this Stephen Neil Yeah, six four three oh five born in San Diego played high school football.
Speaker 4: It's a huge bit, but he lettered in football, wrestling, swimming, tennis, and track and fields.
Speaker 1: It allow, how do you.
Speaker 4: Do all those sports?
Speaker 1: And who's going to stop you?
Speaker 3: Nobody went these teams went for and two in high school as a wrestler, again, stop right there.
Speaker 1: How did he lose twice? I don't know if you're capable of eventually beating Brock. Who are the two high school kids that beat you?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you one who didn't beat him in high school? A giant upset. He beat NFL running back Ricky Williams in high school in the wrestling match.
Speaker 1: How are they the same weight class?
Speaker 3: They both wrestled at one any nine, dude? When he played football weight three or five? He didn't when he was a wrestled.
Speaker 1: Right, so he put on a bunch of weight to play in the NFL. Damn, I didn't know Ricky Williams wrestled.
Speaker 4: No idea.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's he was just one of the craziest athletes.
Speaker 4: Best college football players I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: For sure, he won the World Championship. To you guys, time changes so quickly. Think about at one point in the twenty five year history almost of the Power Tray Morning Show. We couldn't believe that Ricky Williams was like openly talking about like biking across China and smoking. We were like, what a weirdo. And now like everybody bikes and smokes weedy in every state in the country. But back in the day, it was, yeah, he just went to China and smoked weed. What's wrong with him? Man?
Speaker 3: You know the crazy thing for me, it wasn't always that that, you know, he wanted to do it. It's just that he wanted to do it so badly that he'd give up.
Speaker 1: Give up everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And that's that's still the case, right. There are still people that are there's certainly getting in trouble for things like hack but it's on camera.
Speaker 4: You can't see me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we know, we know you want to go to Disney World. He oh, that's Mario. Oh what the what the hell was that labeled mini mouse and the thing so deadline.
Speaker 4: Really worse.
Speaker 1: Get away for my wife, your master, that sounds like her anyway. Man, all right, we learned something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, the Ricky Williams college highlights are unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Bo Jackson, you got Ricky, she got Herschel Walker.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Reggie and Randy Moss, who had the college highlights, are unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Percy Harvin's up there too. Randy was also like under the radar because nobody was watching Marshall football. Reggie Bush was everywhere and he couldn't be stopped.
Speaker 4: So Chie Bush won a Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: And he wasn't the first overall pick.
Speaker 4: Ricky, Herschel and bow never won super Bowls.
Speaker 7: Right, Tavon Austin and Devin Hester's.
Speaker 6: Are crazy, Hester Man, the number thirty four is a running back is such a badass number.
Speaker 1: I know it got ripped even at the time, but just put that in perspective that the Mike Ditka Saints gave up an entire draft to get Ricky Williams. They traded all seven picks. Oh they didn't, Yes, they did, first round, second round, third round, fourth round, pick, Yeah, all of them. They gave up the entire draft. He's worth it. Give us, you can have our entire that good. Yeah. And they literally said, we'll give you our entire draft, you give us Ricky Williams.
Speaker 6: They traded twelve seventy one, one oh seven, four, one seventy nine, and two eighteen and two thirty five plus their first and third round picks in the two thousand draft.
Speaker 1: I had forgotten about that. So the first and the third the following year as well for the so the full draft and a half. But Ben Ben sitting in Ben remembers this. Ben, We're explaining to Tommy that the Saints gave up their entire draft for Ricky Williams. Yeah, yep, Dicken when he went all in that, Yep.
Speaker 6: It's the only time in NFL history a team has used an entire draft hall to select a single player.
Speaker 1: That's insane. Insane.
Speaker 4: Nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Did you hear my podcast lately?
Speaker 7: When he came back for his senior year or whatever year he came back and won the Heisman, like he said, he was like struggle mentally, and then the first time he ever got high was with his roommate and he got.
Speaker 1: Super high, and then he went and ran for like three hundred yards next week. Just felt better. Yeah, he just mentally got happy. Wow, which is crazy.
Speaker 4: I mean it's a mental thing, man.
Speaker 1: I mean right, it does help, he said, just calm them down.
Speaker 6: He won the ninety eight Heisman Trophy after breaking in C double A records for career rushing in all purpose yard Is.
Speaker 1: That record still around? Is this big man? Do you ever tackle him?
Speaker 10: I was going to say, you know what, check the stats when he played US at Case?
Speaker 1: Is that right? You got him a couple of times. No, I'm not saying.
Speaker 10: No, no, No, I'm not saying me specifically. I think I was, oh maybe maybe a red shirt freshman and maybe not playing much.
Speaker 9: But cowboy teams, yeah, for sure get him in the But you did get him in the pros. No, I'm I maybe maybe.
Speaker 1: Were you kickoff as a freshman, you had to be just selling nothing.
Speaker 10: I know that I was on kickoff return, worst thing of all times.
Speaker 1: Worse as a freshman too.
Speaker 10: The same they even hated just the practice part of kickoff return.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you got guys screening at you. It's the worse. It's the coward if you like, if you graze or anything.
Speaker 10: Sorry, the guys running fifty yards full speed at me.
Speaker 7: First time I've ever gotten just literally floated like parallel to the ground just taking out I kickoff return was the scariest.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I looked that up, so we we shut his a down.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. That's that's got to be pretty rare. Almost nobody did.
Speaker 4: Well by the way.
Speaker 3: Ricky Williams, drafted in the eighth round of the nineteen ninety five Major League Baseball June Amateur Draft out of high school by the Philadelphia Phillies, signed a contact with the team. During his collegiate career. He played four seasons in the Phillies farm system. While playing college football, I did.
Speaker 1: Not know the sane man Kyler, Murray bet Lever is here, Tommy Olsen is here. The news is next our Tree Morning Show on the fan from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Mattris Firm. Good Morning. We have delays on ninety four westbound Radio