Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the morning show. So your dad was teaching you something that he learned from his past, and uh, what is the the.
Speaker 2: Topic that we're going to bring off hery? I want people who have been in jail. Uh, and if you if you got it, if you're.
Speaker 3: In jail now he can call to let us know something that you learned while you were in jail. In jail or prison, because what is the difference is way more serious.
Speaker 1: It jail's overnight prison and or a correction camp, which is years.
Speaker 2: But it's it's like a I'm not gonna say country club, but it's it's a little different.
Speaker 4: How do you know all about this? Again?
Speaker 2: I watch a lot of TV, but my dad used to be incarcerated. He was in jail when I was in the third grade and then he got out when I was in the eighth grade. So he was and this is something that he's told me before. But recently we were talking about showering, and what he told me was when he was in prison that he would dry off like they had towels and washcloths, obviously like they would dry off, but prior to him using the towel, he would use his hand and it was almost like you could wipe your body down like a squeegee and it would it wouldn't fully dry you, but it would eliminate maybe ninety two percent of the water so that you weren't walking around with like a super wet toil or whatever it case may be. And then you could cover yourself with the towel. I think something like that. Wait a second, So he would go like this like in his hand, like either you can like put palm down, or you can do the edge of your like pinky, like the edge if you have a pinky.
Speaker 4: Like the size. Yeah, just spak off like a dog.
Speaker 2: You don't shake, you kind of just like like squeege yourself like kind of just comb down the skin and do you do this. I've done it before because I had like I had to like try it. I mean, I have a towel. I don't need to like I don't need to do that. Yeah, but I've tried it before and it does eliminate a lot of the water and makes drying off with the towel, like he kind of just dust off the rest of the water.
Speaker 4: How did this come up in conversation? The first time?
Speaker 2: He told me, I have no idea because I had to be in high school like I was. It was around the time he got out, so it had to be like I was ninth tenth grade.
Speaker 4: I really don't know why it came up.
Speaker 2: But again, like recently, we were talking on the show, and he listens on the show, so he you know, we have not talked to your dad in a while, listen, and I just tried to call him and his phone went straight to voicemail.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm glad to hear that you're you're talking back to him against.
Speaker 2: Honestly, the last last time I saw my dad physically in real life was Thanksgiving. We probably have spoken three times since then, and more so in text message.
Speaker 4: But it's all love.
Speaker 2: It's just like I mentioned before, I've learned how to live without him, so I'm more comfortable, you know, not talking to him. Not that there's a problem at this point, like I'm beyond any drama, any problems or anything like that. But again, when somebody's just not a part of your life, it's not strange that you don't.
Speaker 4: Speak to him. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Eight four four Mojo Live eight four four six sixty five six five four eight is our telephone number? What did you learn when you were in jail?
Speaker 2: Because jail prison these people are creative, bro, I have some thoughts.
Speaker 5: So first I watch reformed prison people on TikTok a lot, and I feel like prison made them very organized and scheduled. That's just an observation of mine. Something that I learned from a guy that I was talking to that went to prison was how to make a lot of interesting food. Like they come out come up with the most interesting combinations. So he taught me how to make a prison brick, which is like ramen noodles mixed with takis and it makes like this like brick and it's actually pretty tasty.
Speaker 4: Really, he still makes it even though yeah he misses it. He just makes it. Wow, that's that, you know. It's funny. I wonder who cooks better.
Speaker 1: We should have a chili cookoff cookoff with people from prison and firefighters because firefighters always know how to make food.
Speaker 4: So hey, hey, you know the song Kevin not Yet now long through a.
Speaker 5: Party in the county to.
Speaker 1: Yeah the Las jumping down to jump the band to swing shout, loft down Jampan sing.
Speaker 4: I think I did a tazz dance to this shout out to the cath Icic School of.
Speaker 6: Dancing and.
Speaker 4: Yeah there you go.
Speaker 1: All right, Tricia Chuck Barry, Tricia, have you been in jail or prison?
Speaker 7: I have been to bolt unfortunately, first time lunch every day.
Speaker 4: A seven s four on the phone.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 7: So I have learned lots of things in both places. When I was in the cow in jail, I learned how to talk in the toilet and how to fish in the toilet. They liked a bunch of streets together.
Speaker 2: You go down.
Speaker 7: What's that?
Speaker 1: I was, wait, what were you fishing between between themselves?
Speaker 7: Well, you can fish food. Unfortunately letters A lot of people fish letters because they want to talk to the boys out on the other floors.
Speaker 1: So you're basically fishing things that people are passing through the plumbing system.
Speaker 7: Exactly, absolutely disgusting.
Speaker 1: Right, and then when you're talking about talking through your speaking in there, and can you hear pretty good?
Speaker 4: Like in the other.
Speaker 7: People are perfectly clear. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: So you're like, hey, how are you doing on that?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Why do I in the prison? The prison or jail that you were in, there were men and women in it, but they were separated by floor.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was in jail. In jail, there was men and women.
Speaker 1: Would you ever dirty talk into the toilet at all to the guys?
Speaker 8: No, I'm not.
Speaker 7: I'm a little bit more conservative myself.
Speaker 4: You're okay? Did you have like a sale man? Did you hear her? Did you hear her talking dirty?
Speaker 7: But I would be making I'd be making the guys fall in love and sing to me and stuff.
Speaker 4: And what was your favorite song for them to sing to you?
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, I can't even think of what was this song? I cannot even think of it. I'm a natural blonde, so you know you gotta give me a break.
Speaker 4: No, it's okay, that's all right, Tricia, thank you.
Speaker 7: I honestly cannot remember what it was called. But yes, And you know, it's so funny because I thought of making starting a food truck of prison food, because I like, I can't even eat alfredo or anything anymore, because of how much better the prison food that I would make would be so much better.
Speaker 1: That's amazing that you would call prison food better than the food that you have on the outside. Here, let me go to Jackie here, Jackie, what a lot of women calling us up. I thought we'd have a bunch of guys Jackie first and foremost. When you are in jail or prison as a woman, is it assuming okay that you're all gonna have lesbian love with each other?
Speaker 8: I mean it happens, definitely, there's relationships that happened.
Speaker 1: That's I love that there's something about it. So what did you learn when you were in I learned.
Speaker 8: How to make makeup, and I would treat it for different foods and snacks.
Speaker 4: So do you make it?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 7: We would take.
Speaker 8: Bassoleene that we could order on commentary and order like a ton of different colored pencils and like smash it off the muse of powder for different plus or foundation, and we would use regular pencils or like the blacks for eyeliner. And we would take like ety tubes of our capstick and like use the actual capstick as well, and then crush up what we needed, stuff it there and use that for like our lipstick. We would basically get ready for our visit doing that. We would use like different pencils to curl our hair.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Wow, do you ever still do it today? Instead of going out and buying.
Speaker 8: No Honestly, I've thought about one time, like just kind of showing some friends.
Speaker 11: But no, I have not.
Speaker 1: Should make a page, would Yeah? That is pretty wild? What's up Alex you there?
Speaker 12: I just got to say when a caller calls and says, ye know, I've been to prison in jail first time, long time, it's totally different.
Speaker 4: That is true. That is true. Are you going up with a prison story or is that that comment that you I.
Speaker 10: Don't find how to say, I haven't been I've been a good kid for.
Speaker 4: The most part.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got a lot of women on here right now, and it's turning me on all these let's see here, I'll grab you in a second, Amanda, you.
Speaker 7: There, Yeah, Hi?
Speaker 4: What did you learn Amanda? When you were in So it.
Speaker 11: Wasn't me that personally that went to jail, but I had a friend that was in jail that got released and ended up staying with me, and she would make these things called coffee bombs. So apparently what they do in jail is they take a piece of tissue and they put raw coffee grounds in there and swallow them whole.
Speaker 10: Like she would wake up and.
Speaker 11: Do these coffee bombs, like you know, what are you doing?
Speaker 7: She's like, I gotta get energy.
Speaker 6: For the day.
Speaker 4: That sounds.
Speaker 1: And it would they would swallow it and it would be better than just drinking a cup of coffee.
Speaker 11: No, they apparently they swallow it because it gives you supposed to give you a boost of energy, like swallowing it in the tissue.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's wild coffee bombs. That's an interesting one.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Jean's on with us right now, Jean, And again, if you're listening, we're asking people who are in prison or jail to call us up and tell us what did they learn when they were in This was your daughter that was in prison?
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, my daughter is in prison recently. And she told me when I was constipated, to take a piece of bar soap and put it where the sun don't shine.
Speaker 4: Inside of it.
Speaker 9: Yes, like cut off a piece and pass.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 9: Yes. And I said to her, after I tried this, I said, it's to you. Try she said, She says, Mom, She says, no, you're supposed to do it out of the shower.
Speaker 1: Jez, Yes, Jean Gene, if you don't mind me, I went to asked what was your daughter in for?
Speaker 9: She had somebody beat up because they were stalking her and she got caught.
Speaker 1: Wait, she had somebody stalking her. She was protecting herself. Yes, and they didn't say that that was that way.
Speaker 4: The other person.
Speaker 9: You're not allowed to bring that up in court because it has nothing to.
Speaker 10: Do with it.
Speaker 4: Well, that's not fair. What where was this? What county was this?
Speaker 9: This is no here on Valley Correctional Facility.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. And you said she's still there.
Speaker 9: She is, She's there for another ten years.
Speaker 4: Oh how much time did she get for this?
Speaker 9: She got fifteen to thirty She must have got.
Speaker 4: That person must have got killed, right, were they killed?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 9: No, no, they were just beat up.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's crazy, Yes, yeah it is. That's nuts. She mustn't. Did she have a bad bad defense attorney?
Speaker 10: She had?
Speaker 9: Yeah, she had the what do you call it?
Speaker 10: The public.
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and blow they're bad. I'm sorry to hear it. And wait wait wait no, no, no real quick?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is the bar soap still there?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: It's not okayna me are you there?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 10: What's going on? First time?
Speaker 4: Long term?
Speaker 10: Okay? I was locked up in Wayne County jail, one of the worst, lit the worst, and I learned how to make a shower head out of de orderant?
Speaker 1: Shower heads out of deordorant.
Speaker 10: Yes, so you would take out the you would take out the you would buy de orderant and take out the de orderant and stick it into the head of the shower and it'll make a shower head.
Speaker 4: Because they didn't they didn't have shower heads on there. So that must have hurt your skin.
Speaker 10: When no shower heads. It's like the ones you know how you used to go to school and they just spray where you go swimming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 10: So that was that was cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah me uh no, me any were you in there for a long time or was it a short time?
Speaker 4: Ninety days days is a long time to me, man, that is a long time.
Speaker 10: But I'll tell you this. I'll tell you this. The guards were getting down with each other.
Speaker 1: Wait, the guards were banging each other at the Wayne County Jail, like the male and female guards or.
Speaker 10: Yep, male and female.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 10: Well, we were in D block and we've seen one of the ones that used to watch us, and they had this little room and we just seen her get on her knees and you know, wow, they had an officer that used to look peeping tom at the guys where.
Speaker 4: Our shower was, and he would check the dudes out.
Speaker 10: He was Yeah, he was one of those.
Speaker 4: Well he was. He was a game.
Speaker 10: Got to worry about the inmates, You gotta worry about the guards.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Uh, Matt, Matt, you were in prison for three years and what did you learn?
Speaker 6: Yes, there's well, there's what they call fix the guys in there, that you pay them a bag of chips, some soups, something like that, and they fix anything for you. But one of the coolest things that I've seen in there was they make you a remote control out of like aux coort wire and when you're laying in bed, you can just take your homemade remote control and flip your stations and you don't have to get up and hit them.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I need this for me.
Speaker 1: I need that when I lose my remote control, I need like an old fashioned wired one that cooks right up to the TV. That's crazy. You guys have TVs inside your prison cells.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it ain't so bad in there, is it.
Speaker 6: I've never heard. I've got three three hots and a cot and over one hundred channels. There's a lot of guys that don't want to leave.
Speaker 4: What's the best channel that you guys would watch all the time? Bravo?
Speaker 6: What would you watch ESPN?
Speaker 4: That's amazing? Wow?
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for the call. Uh, Joe learned how to make alcohol and knives? Oh my god, knives.
Speaker 4: Here we go. What would you make knives out of?
Speaker 6: Hey? You guys talking to me?
Speaker 4: Yes, Joe?
Speaker 12: Oh man, you can make a nice out of anything, a locker shell, pieces of a big fan. There's lots of different things that people would get real creative.
Speaker 1: And what kind of alcohol are we talking about? Like vodka or tequila bourbon?
Speaker 12: Well, it's more like rotten orange juice. But you use sugar and hot water and you gotta let it cook for like five days. But you make a big batch of it and or five people can get drunk all together.
Speaker 4: Wow, and then hang out with the prison guards.
Speaker 12: No, you definitely got to steer clear of them, because that's how you go to the hole. You get caught being drunk.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought maybe that you know, I don't know that collar that was calling up about those guys.
Speaker 4: They want to go to the whole lot of crazy.
Speaker 1: I got to be honest with you, man, I'm going to pay my taxes.
Speaker 4: I'm going to try to be a good boy the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: I do not want this, but I would like to know if the women's prison needs any part time guards.
Speaker 4: We're gonna work part time on the weekend.