Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and on demand on the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts not money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: You see the march.
Speaker 1: It couldn't be anything else, all right. Howlton pitches a sea bass.
Speaker 4: Once we had a co ch at Tennessee. Half snake, the other half wrap.
Speaker 1: White Man, white man, you are now that darn you said it man. There are more salted peanuts consumed than Cavia.
Speaker 4: Petro saying money. Five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app PMS on demand available through the iHeartRadio app if you have not downloaded it or haven't visited it lately. Set up kind of like your old school radio was. You have presets.
Speaker 1: What the show you've done for me lately?
Speaker 4: You can set up presets so the second you open the app, you got yourself the AM five to seventy LA Sports tab. You hit that, you can not only subscribe to our podcast, but listen to the show live in the moment stream it anywhere in the world. If you're in the Greater LA area, you can listen to Dodger games, and that will include tomorrow when we go spring training Dodgers against the Diamondbacks. And they first pitched just after one Arizona does not move with daylight saving time. They stay, which means all of our first pitch is now one o'clock as opposed to you.
Speaker 1: All right, it is time for the final hour. Fun Fact. It's fun in effect, it's the yeah We're three fas fun Fact.
Speaker 4: It's brought to you by Concordia University IRV Masters in Coaching and Athletics Administration Program. What a several Olympic athletes, former NFL players, a lot of the best college and high school coaches across the nation have in common. They are all graduates and current students in the Concordia University of Your Vines Masters in Coaching and Athletics Administration Program. Find out more at CUI dot edu. Slash coaching summer term starts May eighteenth, with a market capitalization of eight point eight billion dollars, average gross annual revenue of one point four million dollars per store, and one point five billion dollars worldwide. Did you know that Duncan Donuts makes just eight percent of its money from donuts? Yeah, big coffee, coffee, that's where they make their cash. You know that cup of Joe might cost them all five cents to put another, not even that, probably five point five cents.
Speaker 1: The festive straw costs more than the cup of coffee. Indeed, time for quickets, everybody.
Speaker 5: Quickets make it quick, y'all?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you got Ballichack in there. Jordan Hudson Affleck running around trying to save his marriage with j Lo. Bad deal, bad deal all around. Dodgers in Maryville today taking on the Brewers. Our next Dodger game is tomorrow. That schedule talk with the Snakes. The Dodgers host the d Backs at Campbell Back Ranch.
Speaker 4: Hey, I believe it's pronounced uh mar waw Valley, mary Vale. I believe it's pronounced marwa Vale. I believe that, Dave. You know, I was out there in a spring train number Ye yes, takes a bridge. I think it's called.
Speaker 1: Long long ago tiff on air tiff between Kevin Kenna the David mass Over the pronunciation of hokum, that's jokum David's the USA take it on Mexico counter programs, standing room only, crowded, Houstone, Paul Skins on the mound for US A skin them Skins take it to those Mexicans. And how about team itly.
Speaker 2: Lists with the MSA Italian News Cornel Lostro resident mate monis.
Speaker 1: One of the f one teams is nameds put together a team that is two and zero in pool play.
Speaker 4: That's so suppressed.
Speaker 1: Giuseppi Chioni.
Speaker 4: If I had the kind of money coming in to be.
Speaker 1: A set up guy out of Palermo. H he has uh their best two starters lined up from Mexico in USA, Aaron Nolala and Miche Lorenzo.
Speaker 5: Michael Lorenzenna you mean Michael Lorenzo? Who where's the Vans? Who's from southern California?
Speaker 1: Bro is what he is?
Speaker 4: Name of?
Speaker 1: Michael lorenz If you the espresso shot on the in the dugout, pretty cool. Some guys were burning their tongues.
Speaker 4: Oh, guys can't sleep for forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't. Can't I hit another jack. I'm gonna have a heart attack.
Speaker 4: You combine my history, my lineage, my ancestry, with my keen eye for talent, and you knew it was gonna be putting the pun a home run.
Speaker 1: Leave the bet, take the Canol's free agency is here for them. I can't say this free agency. Former guest on the Raiders pregame with Tim kats alec Ingold great fullback on Wisconsin reunites with Mike McDaniel. Deal with the Chargers. Uh. They signed tight end Charlie Kohler, who previously was with the Ravens, to a three year deal. He's the NFL's highest paid blocking tight end. A real road greater.
Speaker 4: I wonder what the offense is gonna look like full back, highest paid blocking tight end.
Speaker 1: Former Chargers guard Zion Johnson reached an agreement today on the whole deal with the Cleveland Browns. Uh, they are gonna say they said they're gonna deal with his food addiction. Zion's got a real problem. Fight under his bead and all that.
Speaker 4: And they lost the Dafayo Way to the Commanders to a one hundred million dollar deal as well. So they're two in a house. Big money free agents leave as they continue to remake their roster.
Speaker 1: Former former maybe that's not the right zion. Former Kansas City corner Jalen Watson reached an agreement on a three year deal with the Rams, who now will have two former chefs chef cornerbacks Watson and our friend out of Bosco and you dubbed Trent mcduffy.
Speaker 5: Booth ball booth ball.
Speaker 1: And then the Ravens their center the Silver, the Silver, the silver and black are I was on the phone with Kate's when Tyler Linderbaum reached an agreement today on a record deal with the Raiders.
Speaker 4: We got a recording of that call A A A A.
Speaker 1: There's the foundation there, I A A. He looked like the DiCaprio meme where he's pointed at the screen. That's a foundation, right. The iri Ari awarding him with a three year, eighty one million dollar deal that includes sixty million dollars guaranteed Jesus Damne makes him the highest paid interior O lineman ever in the history of the NFL. Tom Brady and Guerrero were making impact Super Bowl MVP Kenny Walker the Third is leaving Seattle and joining the Kansas City Chiefs. Let's Let's go Chee, hall Mark Channel. We gotta beat with those. We gotta start hanging out at Olive in time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. Or just you know, like grab a guitar and hang out in the quad downstairs. You pluck some strings.
Speaker 1: Gave my love chip, Let's go Chee. Travis Kelsey has informed Kansas City that he's bringing his stiff booty back. He's returning for a fourteenth season with the team, and he's bringing his fiance with it.
Speaker 4: Lovely Lady Taylor Swift, most famous person in the world.
Speaker 1: Sure. The Miami Dolphins are signing Packers quarterback Malik Willis to a three year, sixty seven and a half million dollar contract. This comes on the heels of the Dolphins releasing to a tongue of Bela on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: If we had the Rogan and Rodney noise making machine, we could play the drop what's you talking about?
Speaker 1: Willis?
Speaker 4: But unfortunately we don't have it. So I just had to mention that that kind of sound by it just what they like the pedal in over there.
Speaker 1: I really wish. I mean to me, that's not enough eighty sitcom reference for this hour, and I think we need more lately.
Speaker 4: Do you need one? Instead? We have nineteen sixties.
Speaker 1: Would they're black? They're black, and they live in a bedhouse. Get it? See eighties kids, A white knight scooped them off the street. Yeah, mister Drummond.
Speaker 4: Oh, I love mister Drummond and his hot wife.
Speaker 1: Is true? Okay? Is true? Is true? The Panthers are signing Eagles edge rusher and former iHeartRadio intern Jalen Phillips, who once left UCLA to get into music. It's true. Uh now he's got a four year, one hundred and twenty million dollars deal.
Speaker 4: Should have stayed with the internship coming.
Speaker 1: Off the edge, dude, Honestly, he could be he'd have a show. The Lakers are thirty nine and twenty five, Matt and they are Roland. Thank god Lebron saved them. I think the Lakers can win it.
Speaker 4: He has missed the last two games. They are up to the five seed. They are but a half game back of Houston for the four seed, but a single game back of the Timberwolves for the three seed. Luca and Austin Reeves are having a grab ass in good time out there on the worth these last two. The smile has returned. The Luca magic is out in full force. Austin Reeves isn't being chided from the bench about stealing rebounds that Lebron was cherry picking and not passing the ball full court to Lebron who was cherry picking. And I'll be goddamned if it doesn't look like enjoyable basketball again. Down at the Crypt.
Speaker 1: It's a lettin season and you get a one lord's name in Vaine per hour and you already hit the button.
Speaker 4: Sure did twice.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna have that during lent. Good luck. JJ Reddick doesn't want to get too excited.
Speaker 6: I'm not in a position where I can overreact. I let you guys do that. Fans rightfully, so should always overreact. It's what makes fandom so awesome. I know, as a kid growing up as a Duke fan, I cried out for every Duke game they lost, like I was an overreactor. You know, my job is not to overreact. We're fifteen nine in our last twenty four, were top ten offensive, top fifteen defense, Like that's what we wanted to be coming into the season with this group, and that's where our.
Speaker 1: Group is right now.
Speaker 4: But I will say in my private moments, not having Lebron out there is so mother f and sweet.
Speaker 1: That can't be how he feels.
Speaker 4: I only did the podcast with him to get some traction.
Speaker 1: He has a podcast partner there that he needs to take care of. That's the only reason he's the coach.
Speaker 4: If I were the fans, I would be excited about the brand of basketball we're playing without the old man on the floor. I'd be excited about the players being excited. I would overreact. I'm not gonna I don't feel like getting sub tweeted. I don't want to get called out on the Rich Paul podcast. So I'm just gonna use this code word here that we're a top fifteen and a top ten and winning a bunch of games with this guy not playing. Ah, you're reading between the lines, so you guys, go ahead and write what you want to write.
Speaker 6: We're fifteen and nine in our last twenty four. We're top ten offensive, top fifteen defense. That's what we wanted to be coming into the season with this group, and that's where our group is.
Speaker 1: Right now. Okay, well, you're doing a great job. Then the Clippers are thirty one and thirty two holding on the night spot on the West. They host the next tonight and they could get the five oderate fully. And this is the time of year where most of our show goes off to the Big Ten tournament. That's true, and.
Speaker 4: The Big Ten Tournament starts tomorrow. Tim Cats will be on all of your shoulder programming pre he's the host, post, the host in game, giving you the latest updates from all the conference tournaments across the land. USC plays Wednesday versus Washington. If they win, I will have the call of USC versus Iowa on Thursday. UCLA does have a double by until Thursday. They will be in the late window of those Thursday contests.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to all the games on the station, which we aren't running in none of them. Actually, we got Dodgers, we got Clippers. I got Dodgers and the Dodgers, and also more Dodgers than tonight. We got Clippers next. But we're still all the way on until six o'clock. We will have follow up stories on stuff we've been covering for weeks here in twenty twenty six in the very next segment. Then we'll get to denn and Alive, and then we'll get to Adam. Stay with us on it. I'm a horse, Monday, I'm a boy.
Speaker 5: This is Petro Send money.
Speaker 1: On demand, Demand Demand.
Speaker 4: Petro Some Monday and five seventy early Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio Clippers. Next tonight, Lakers made easy work of the Knicks without what.
Speaker 1: I love seeing it out there mixing it up, Matt. I'm tired of people peeing all over the King. He showed those knicks knock that. He knocked the Palestinian flag right off Spike Lee's chest.
Speaker 4: He didn't play. He's still dealing with that elbow injury, the contusion that felt like a you know, funny bone but worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that going to be the injury that keeps him out for the month so he can get a cracking when the playoffs are back?
Speaker 4: Oh see, that's interesting. I didn't think of it from that angle.
Speaker 1: And I remember he always takes the month off before nowadays before the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Right, it's getting about that time. Yeah, I mean we're we're pretty much exactly a month out. I guess it is that you know, it's like a calendar. You know, you got Saint Patrick's Day coming up, but right before that is lebron James elbow contusion out for a month day to prepare for the playoffs.
Speaker 1: It's the most wonderful time.
Speaker 2: Of the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so congratulations. The Lakers are watchable and enjoyable and a free flowing offense and Lucas smiling, and Austin Reeves is dancing, and ESPN is posting videos of Bronny dunkying in the G League. So way to go with that.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 5: You forgot one thing. Matt I do really figured out how to do the throw the ball up in the air.
Speaker 4: Now the he had trouble at first, but he's figured it out. He's figured out how to put the English on it. I still contend, it is still my contention that that was supposed to be a Steph Curry, like I'm going to try to make the shot, and when it was so wildly off, he sold it as No, man, that ain't what I was trying to do. I wanted to make a big bounce and jumping grab it.
Speaker 1: That is not how Black Sammurai talked and everybody.
Speaker 4: So congratulations to the Lakers in a nationally televised noonar yesterday. They put on quite a and enjoyable show without Lebron James. So what was the point of all that? The Clippers are playing the Knicks tonight, who are still in town and probably quite upset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now they're mad and they're gonna take it to the clips and scuttle the ship. All right, it is time for you know these stories, Matt. They just keep flowing out of the pipes.
Speaker 4: Like they know what's coming. It's like they know what you're into.
Speaker 1: It's like they know what we are collecting. We discussed bird news recently. We had the Las Vegas Flamingo kidnapping and torture at the Flamingo. That drunk Canadian tourist is being prosecuted to the full extent.
Speaker 4: Of the law. Death is what I hear they're going for.
Speaker 1: I hope. So the Las Vegas missing too, can.
Speaker 4: Rape, We're gonna kill you.
Speaker 1: Now. We have North Sacramento, in an area called Old North Sacramento Mere Boxwood Street. They're overwhelmed by chickens, a growing population of chickens. People there say they're at least one hundred loose chickens roaming around making a home in the area. According to residence, the roosters start getting to crack at it like two thirty three point thirty in the morning, which is when Mac gets up and hits the waves. So it would not be a problem for Matt, but most everybody else.
Speaker 4: They'd be quite upset.
Speaker 1: Right, those roosters get up before your dog. They also jump in people's yards, tear stuff up, and of course, as you know, they blow it out everywhere. Nobody knows why the chickens are there. They started out as pets and somebody let him go, or they were released into the neighborhood by a vindictive, non old Norse Sacramento resident, or if they just ended up there somehow. But here's the real kicker, Matt. The city of Sacramento said they're not willing to come and help due to the lack of staffing. They say it takes too long to catch and trap chickens and relocate them, and they suggested that the residents catch and trap the chickens and relocate them.
Speaker 3: Thanks for nothing, sacked town, Thanks for nothing, sack Town exactly right.
Speaker 4: As our boss used to tell us, We know that those chickens can have because when we were goofing around and having a great time, He's like, stop the chicken.
Speaker 1: Epples to the chicken. And we know that, we know that the city can't pay for everything. Our boss may us buy our own headphones for years. So if you'd like that. I listened to a few different news reports. There are multiple, some Bay Areas, some germane Justice Sacramento. Here is my favorite one on the chickens of North Sacramento.
Speaker 7: It's hard to ignore this soundtrack of this old North Sacramento neighborhood.
Speaker 1: There's like like more than one hundred.
Speaker 4: They're everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's like we live in our chicken.
Speaker 8: Chickens are everywhere, and they're not quiet.
Speaker 7: Neighbors say, this is what it sounds like most mornings around three it's.
Speaker 6: All they start up, you know, probably around two two thirty every morning, and they it's NonStop.
Speaker 8: And the noise isn't the only issue.
Speaker 1: They jump into people's yards and tear up dart although you're leaving stuff, it's become probably a sanitary issue. At this point.
Speaker 7: It's hard for them to say exactly when or how their street became their home, so that's kind of a mystery. But neighbors are ready for them to find a new one.
Speaker 4: They should be taken to a sanctuary because I don't want them to get hurt and I feel like I care about.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, that's a nice lady neighbor.
Speaker 8: So far, their search for solutions has come up short.
Speaker 6: Me and other neighbors started reaching out to the city probably about six months ago, just saying you need help, Can you get rid of the chickens?
Speaker 1: Do something? And they really haven't done anything about it.
Speaker 7: We took their concerns to the City of Sacramento. The city telling us it can't address free roaming chickens, adding quote, there is substantial time involved to catch or trap chickens, and although we wish we could assist triaging higher priority calls, does not make this possible at this time.
Speaker 8: Given our court to.
Speaker 1: Stop it, ros stopped. That's Beeske did, like, come on, you live in the city. You're overrun by birds. It's not like Alfred Hitchcock. There's a hundred chickens, you got you move the chickens for the people of North Sacramento. What else could they be doing, Matt. They're not cleaning the poop off the street by the Capitol.
Speaker 7: I know that.
Speaker 4: I mean I would put Mike Pereira in charge of it. Count Seck, you know he can maybe rally some fun.
Speaker 1: Steve Sacks.
Speaker 4: Let's get Steve Sacks, who's an ass kicker.
Speaker 1: And lives out there. All right, let's finish up important.
Speaker 7: Neighbors say they wish this was a priority because all they want is some peace and quiet.
Speaker 8: Show us care, and we're asking for help.
Speaker 9: We just need some help so.
Speaker 8: People can step Peyton Hedley k c ARE three news.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Peyton Headley.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Peyton, way to go.
Speaker 1: But I'm sorry that they're not going to help them. They tried to help the parents here when people were shooting them out of the sky in the Pasadena area and creating gnats to kill them and starve them out. They try to help the peacocks when the pea cock killer of rolland Hills Estates was murdering them in all kinds of different ways, poison, crossbow, Mercedes Benz, all sort of stuff. But the people of North Sacramento they get nothing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, free eggs. Why would you get like three, four, five of those chickens. Put them in a little hen house in the back, right, got free eggs for life.
Speaker 1: Well, you can keep a certain amount of chickens in Sacramento legally, but that's not what going on. These are free roaming chickens going crazy. And I don't know if anybody's really that industrious to create a giant henhouse. I think it's going to solve their Probably you two idiots and all your chicken off. And that's incredibly insensitive to the city of Sacramento. Boss, people that live in North Sacramento are living in a nightmare.
Speaker 4: How do you like that? So maybe choose your words more wisely moving forward?
Speaker 1: Huh. Well, speaking of aggression, Matt, more deep aggression, and we have the bird story. We were also following basketball aggression at every level. Lest we get into the roll call of aggression. But it is reaching a high high note and I love it. I'm laughing like a Bond villain haha. Takes us down to West Texas, Texas town of El Paso, El Paso City by the Rio Grande at the Don Haskins Center, miners UTIP versus the Jacksonville State Game Cox, which Matt learned tough lesson many years ago that they are not in fact in Jacksonville Florida.
Speaker 4: No, uh, there's a rental car. I was planning to watch some football.
Speaker 1: A few Jacksonville's all around the South there named for Andrew Jackson.
Speaker 4: I see, I thought it was Tito.
Speaker 1: I know, I had my mistake. It is not Tito.
Speaker 4: I knew we had a summer house right there near Destined, so I just assumed it was in Florida.
Speaker 1: It was a three point shot and a buzzer beater. It ended the minor season eleven and twenty some bitch game. Cox hit a three to win. In the handshake line. A bespectacled UTEP fan was pissed, picked up a chair and began to be rayed the Cos and the Cox staff. He's being held back by what looked to be his wife. There was an old man wife and the wife off also talking ass. There's a dude behind talking ass. Looked like the guy was really angry with something Jacksonville State did, perhaps for not being in Florida. UTEP's ad Jim Center said, we are going to review the video when we attain it, and we will take appropriate action when needed. U TIP had a bad year, but the fans did have some fight in them.
Speaker 9: Left.
Speaker 1: They are out of Conference USA, now into the Mountain West next year. Matt, what of Jacksonville State, you ask, Well, they head to the Conference USA tournament with a fifteen and sixteen record and the close shave with the chair. So that's a situation. Still not in Florida, still in element Let's hear that exciting melee.
Speaker 8: Sixty one the final.
Speaker 4: And now we got oh what going on at the end of this game right at our sports table.
Speaker 1: This is getting ugly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we had some and we're kind of right in the middle. So we had some fans.
Speaker 1: We got a.
Speaker 8: Fans up in the crowd who shouting down at.
Speaker 10: Jack staining a game, Andy other because I love what Elijah Jones is doing. Elijah Jones sat with the fans who've been making some comments all throughout this get about the Jackson's step play. Elijah was coming here defense here. We had some fans that should have been eliminated a long time ago.
Speaker 1: But unfortunately the fans it reached a fever pitch at the end of the game when the guy picked up the chair. So, I mean, we've had a lot of aggression. We've had Ed Cooley against the people of Connecticut for not supporting Connecticut enough. We had Danny Hurley going after his own fans and backing Ed Cooley. We had the hot Dog machine bursting into flame. We've had countless fights in every level. We had the ref get knocked out in the sun Belt in the women's game the other day. This fans against Jacksonville State and then the color guy attacking the fans. More exciting aggression. And I don't want to forget about the aggression from tom Izzo, Matt because tom Izzo's Michigan State team got edged out by Michigan in a game that Tim Kates did the pre happen post for.
Speaker 10: On.
Speaker 1: It was on the station yesterday and they were chanting little brother, because you know they like to say that at Michigan about Michigan State.
Speaker 5: Hell a game, very physical, it's one thing, well, yeah.
Speaker 1: Guy got kicked in the nuts. It is one thing, yeah, like a like a cow.
Speaker 5: But on Mara evil and Daemra to end a push.
Speaker 1: He's evil and is very yeah, he's he's lost. He's more machine than man now, twisted and evil. But Tom Iso, it's one thing to call the football team little brother and do the clapping. But Michigan State basketball. I mean, yeah, I know Michigan's good this year, but I don't know. I don't know if they're allowed to chant little brother tom is I don't know if it's allowed. Yeah, well tom is so said.
Speaker 9: Because the crowd didn't watch the game, because I know, but he's damn little brother.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I love Isaoel's pressers because he's always got a loogie in his throat.
Speaker 1: No, well, that's just just how he said. What I mean, like I read that, you says voice, Yes, a gravelly boy, a little spit to the side.
Speaker 9: I guess the crowd didn't watch the game because I'm nobody's damn little brother, and neither's my team. I'm really proud of my team, how they played and what they did. I uh give Michigan a lot of credit. They shot the daylights out of it, especially Axel. They shot forty from the three, and they took a hundred free throws, and that was the difference in the game. We made some boneheaded plays where we didn't step up on dall screens let them get downhill, and we made some uncharacteristic following a guy and things like that. But probably was a hell of a basketball game to watch, and I ain't taking a backseat to nobody. I don't care what yeah and what they've done.
Speaker 1: They've deserved what they got, but so do we.
Speaker 9: I guess the crowd didn't watch the game because I'm nobody's damn little brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Fireworks coming in Chicago as a tournament later this week. An drive back to East Lansing. Uh, and then there's the kick to the balls. What was the guy's name?
Speaker 1: Fears? Yeah, there you and then you know with die Mara. So not a lot of aggression there, Twisted Metal Mara. Yeah, a lot of aggression there in uh in ann Arbor. So we are, Uh, there's gonna be a lot of aggression this week, and we're gonna collect it here on the Petres and Money Show. And if any birds overrun anything again or get exotic birds, get tortured or lost, we're also on top of that. Coming up next, we will have your Dead and a Live guy birthday other day, and then we'll get to Nick's Clippers. On am FI seventy LA Sports, your home of Dodger Baseball. We're airing a game tomorrow. Southern California's most listened to sports talk show. This is Money on Demand, all right, everybody, thank you for listening The Petros and Money Show and I'm a Horse. Monday is coming to an end, trotting towards the Clippers versus Nicks. Pregame at six with fully functional employee Adam tip Off is at seven, and we do have Dodger spring training programming this week on the radio.
Speaker 4: Indeed you're home with the back to back World Series champion Dodgers spring training games are back tomorrow. Dodgers versus Diamondbacks. First pitch at five past one. You know what that means a little bit of a late start for the Petros in Money Show and Less.
Speaker 1: Oh, Daylight Savings Dodgers spring.
Speaker 4: Training crushing, absolutely crushing the Petros. But you never know, you know, maybe this number zero seven or ninety six or say catch and they worked their way through two or three scoreless apiece.
Speaker 1: And not likely. But you know, you know who was champing at the bit before the time changed was Isabelle, Oh, he wants a piece? She was lad. Yeah, And it's not uh, it's not a launch pad really until we get into the Daylight Savings. There might have been one instance where it would have made sense to launch. But I mean tomorrow we might have to clean off our boosters. That's all I'm saying. Because she is a she's excited champion at the bit, which is a great I'm a horse Monday term, all right, so my boy. Yes, Dodgers tomorrow, Clippers tonight. The now night is the dead Guy birthday of the day, often celebrated here. We will celebrate one hundred and eight years old today to be in Mickey Spillane Frank Morrison Spillaney from Brooklyn, raised in New Jersey, Irish bartender. Dad went to Erasmus High School in Flatbush. Went to Fort Hayes State in Kansas, Go Tigers. Much like Matt Smith, he was a lifeguard at Breezy Point in Queens during the summertimes.
Speaker 4: If anyone saw me as a lifeguard, they'd be smart to not go swimming.
Speaker 1: Also like Matt Smith, he was a trampoline artist with Wrinkling Brothers Bailey Circuits.
Speaker 4: Now that I can, I appreciate you acknowledging.
Speaker 1: He worked the trampoline back then, now he works the pole. In World War Two, Spellane became a fighter pilot, but a fighter pilot instructor, so He was stationed in Mississippi, where he met his first.
Speaker 4: Wife, Mississippi. Here we take care of our quarterbacks, now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we take care of our our herd. Hard boiled pulp writers too. He was a slick magazine writer and then a pulp magazine author, and then a comic author. Also a salesman at Gimbals Departments.
Speaker 4: Oh Gimbals, you never heard of it.
Speaker 1: It's a big, big store out in the Tri state area.
Speaker 9: I believe.
Speaker 1: He did a lot of comics that we would have heard of, like Captain Marvel, Superman, Batman, Captain America.
Speaker 4: Ok.
Speaker 1: He wrote filler stories to fill the pages of those comic books if the comics didn't fill them like hard boiled stories. He started writing novels during the fifties and Matt Mickey Spillaney created Mike Hammer. Yeah, a tough New York private eye, lots of violence, lots of sex, always depicted around thirty years old. Spellaney said, you can't kill a hero. That's why I never let him get older. There's a ton of Mike Hammer movies and stories, and it made Spillane himself a star. He got into acting. The only time people think that a writer of a series. Played the titular titular character in A Ring of Fear in nineteen fifty four, he played Mike Hammer. He even did a Colombo episode, which I appreciated. He was even in nineteen eighties Miller like commercials. That's how big of a g Spellane was.
Speaker 4: Now you're speaking my language, not Colombo. Loved the Columbus.
Speaker 1: He was close friends with ein Rand of all people. We know my Camera, mostly from the Stacy Keachs CBS and then syndicated series.
Speaker 4: That's what I think of.
Speaker 1: Mike Hammer first appeared as Mike Lancer in a Green Hornet comic book that Spelane was writing interesting three wives, four kids, three wives, the first like doctor Buss had that he had four kids with.
Speaker 4: And then you know, he made an agreement. I talked to Joe Anne, You're not supposed to be here.
Speaker 1: Spallany died at eight. I listen. I talked to Joe Anne and.
Speaker 4: She said, you're not even supposed to be standing here.
Speaker 1: In two thousand and six. He was eighty eight years old when he died. Hard boiled author whose pros is lean and spare and authentically tough. There used to be men Matt like Mickey Spillane.
Speaker 4: Well, you're a live guy falls into that category as well. Happy to report that he's still alive. I wasn't sure. Happy fifty fifth to a Manuel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A lot of people confuse him with the other guy who's passed away, Gary Coleman.
Speaker 4: He was born in a big town, Brooklyn, raised by a single parent. His mom Margaret, and she got young Emmanuel rolling in commercials Campbell's Soup Life Cereal after Mikey's stomach exploded from eating pop rocks and drinking a pepsi and Burger King and from that cute kid. He would stay small. He peaked at four foot three, but he did not have the dwarfism traits from that cute kid to a four foot three an adulthood look like a child. Yeah, he was able to play child roles way younger, way younger, she'll find out than his actual age. ABC programming chief lou Erlich saw Lewis in that Burger King commercial and with Gary Coleman crushing it on different strokes, ordered a show developed for Lewis. Immediately, I want my own little Black kid instead. ABC added that little black kid to a show that was already in production titled Another Ballgame starring Alex Carris and Susan Clark. They would then recenter it around Emmanuel Lewis's character Webster Long, a five year old child orphaned when his parents died in a car accident. They then changed the name of the show from Another Ballgame to Then Came You, and just before its premiere ended up going with Webster Now. It was a huge hit.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Carris was super pleased. I bet this show was please was based around me being an ex football player, all swool and now you change it and then you change it again.
Speaker 4: H Lewis was nominated for a variety of awards Best Young Actor in a Comedy Series repeatedly, But man did White. He put it over on him and it wasn't cool. His first time, he lost to Ricky Schroeder for Silver Spoons. Next year, Billy Jane for It's Not Easy, freaking Skippy from Family Ties, Mark Price knocked him off, and finally, the year he thought he had it locked up, freaking Kirk Cameron as a rookie on Growing Pains One Horse.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's like Josh Allen in the AFC East Right now, couldn't get over the hump. It's a war out there.
Speaker 4: Webster was a big success for its four seasons, two more in first run syndication. When it ended, Emmanuel Lewis was playing a five year old. At eighteen years of age, he was an official adult. Now turn this up a little bit here. Kate's Webster was huge in Japan and Lewis capitalized.
Speaker 3: With this.
Speaker 4: The song City Connection peaked at number two on the Japanese charts. He had a follow up that did not go to number two, and his pop singing career was over nearly as soon as it began, and he went back to school got a degree from Clark Atlanta University. He settled in the city of Atlanta, where he still lives. He runs the Radio, Music and Film Alliance of Georgia. He is the chairman of the board for the Tommy Dortsch Junior Foundation.
Speaker 1: He is is Scott Storch Junior.
Speaker 4: They take care of the royalties for the song Firecrotch. He is a Freemason at Lodge one twelve and was last on TV in two thousand and eight. If you remember his appearance in two thousand and three on the Surreal Life was a real bummer. He is fifty five today.
Speaker 1: Why what happened?
Speaker 4: It was just like, oh wow, he's kind of old and he's still really small. He still kind of looks like a kid, and yeah, yeah, you know, and it's just kind of weird.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't like a bummer like Vern Troy or trum.
Speaker 4: Real bummer, like peeing all over himself and crashing in his rascal, little rascal. Yeah, that was a real bummer. He's fifty five today. Emmanuel Lewis happy to report he's still alive.
Speaker 1: I bet you he's been in some really weird rituals at the Freemasons.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what, they're Freemasons.
Speaker 1: I met some really weird stuff.
Speaker 4: That little guy three year old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't tell what any of them, who any of them were because they were all wearing masks. Except for Emmanuel Lewis. He was naked.
Speaker 4: They had a child climb onto a free He had a.
Speaker 1: Great bush four three child. All right, well keep that in mind, is you enjoy Clippers versus Nicks. The reason they killed Stanley Kubrick right while he was making that movie.
Speaker 4: Made sense, you know, it was that's what happened. Yeah, and we're gonna put up with that. S.
Speaker 1: They didn't watch their special sex stories being revealed.
Speaker 2: Right, the
Speaker 3: Less the SA