Speaker 1: He me, are your attention, your fire.
Speaker 2: This is world champion, Dodgers, World champions for a small salt.
Speaker 1: Time to get a people what they want to die too in a row two is special.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache.
Speaker 4: You'll host last time one of them. Come, this ball's gone. You ready to go old time show.
Speaker 2: Grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine to eighty seven two five seven. Come to the show and now your host of Dodger Talk, David Vasse.
Speaker 4: We are live until eight o'clock right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. You're a home of the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. That's right, back to back World Series champions for the first time in twenty five years in Major League Baseball. We do not have a guest tonight, but you will hear what Dave Roberts had to say about the way he manage Game seven of the World Series on Dan Patrick's show. And we also will share with you Clayton Kershaw's conversation with us after the stage and the rally and the parade was over with, so we'll get to that as well. And look, this is the last Dodger talk we have for you until December when the Winter meetings kick off, and coming up in our next segment, we'll get into the needle that Andrew Friedman has to thread this offseason to keep this thing going. But so let's all just check ourselves and this false narrative that it was the little old Blue Jays that took the Dodgers to seven games. It wasn't that the Blue Jays are a really good team. You may not have known about them, but everybody in the Al East knew and saw this coming. In fact, I asked Alex cor that I said, did you see this coming? He said, I saw this coming two years ago. For whatever reason, they had an off year last season, but this year everything clicked. So people that have been following the game, manage the game, play the game, know how good the Blue Jays are and are going to be for years to come if they can get some pitching. But it was a great parade in Los Angeles as too. You know, it was just great to be on one of those buses with a group of Dodgers and just to see the sea of people on the streets of downtown LA. It was great that the Dodgers and the city decided to make the parade route longer than a year ago. It gave more people opportunities to be part of it, to cheer on the Dodgers, and it was It was comparable to the first Kobe Shack Lakers championship. That was the first championship the Lakers had won since nineteen eighty eight. That was the caliber of this parade. It also matched when the Lakers with Kobe and Gasol had the rally at the Coliseum, but the coll scene was packed, but the parade route was limited. And this parade route was epic. And then the Dodgers get back to Dodgers Stadium and the entire stadium has sold out fifty thousand plus. It was an incredible scene. And I could tell you this. The players that I was on the bus with, and I just watched Key k Hernandez's POV video he did for the Player's Tribune, they all appreciated it. They all love making eye contact with you. They love seeing the signs that people came out, and there was one great sign that I actually posted on my Instagram. It was a must for me to take a picture of it because it was a tribute to a guy that wasn't able to participate in the world scene and obviously not there at the parade, and that was Alex Vesia. And there was a great sign that I saw that said for you, Vesia, hashtag Dodger Strong. There were a lot of great signs out there, creative signs, and the Dodger players, trust me, felt it this time. They felt it last year. Don't get me wrong, but this was incredibly enormous and a wave of emotion from everybody. And that's what sports is so great at doing in such a divided world. It brings everybody together. It brought everybody in this city together. And I would love to hear from you, and we did this on our Instagram page at am five seventy LA Sports. Where were you watching Game seven of the World Series. I would love to know. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number I could tell you where I was for the final I was right there in the camera well at Rogers Center watching it all unfold. The Dodgers just two outs away from their season being crushingly done, and instead they broke the hearts of Canada with Miguel Roja sitting a game tying home run, Miguel Rojas and Will Smith coming up big for the Dodgers, not only offensively with those home runs, but also defensively. You know, on that Dalton varshow ground ball with the infield in bases loaded, and Miguel Rojas somehow, some way is able to you know, keep his balance throw a strike, and Will Smith incredibly had his foot on home plate. But home plate is a very slippery surface, and he's stretching like a first baseman, and for a split second his foot came off home plate, and luckily it tapped back down before Isaiah Conna Falafo got in there. And I know everybody's second guessing him. Why didn't you just run through it? Well, what do we always say? You slided home plate? So now everybody's second guessing him, and can't say enough about Yamamoto. We'll get into the story about Yamamoto and how that all came about. How about Justin Robleski never blinking after that bench's clearing brawl, after Andress and Menez got hit by a pitch, and from Robleski's point of view, he thought Jim Nez was trying to get hit on the previous pitch, so he was looking to get hit to get on base. And from what I was told from players, they said the Blue Jays closer Jeff Hoffman was chirping the most, and there were a few veteran Dodgers that were screaming at Jeff Hoffman, you don't want to get in this game. Don't get in this game now. And it was Jeff Hoffman that gave up the game tying home run to Miguel Rojas. So an incredible sequence of events, an incredible Game seven, the greatest Game seven I have ever seen in my life. I'm sure in your life. I mean that was that was incredible, the greatest World series we have seen. I haven't seen a more entertaining World series from Game one to Game seven, and rightfully so, there were so many things that happened in this World Series that we had never seen before. A pinchait grand slam from Addison Barger, two extra inning games, the eighteen inning Game three, Freddie Freeman's walk off home run, Meyle smith go ahead home run in the eleventh inning in Game seven, two extra inning homers, a walkoff homer, of course, a seven to four double play. Who could forget that? In Game six, Key Ky Hernandez to Miguel Rojas, a complete game from Yamamoto in Game two, the first twelve strikeout, zero walk game in a World Series, and that was by Y Savage. Who can forget Trey Ya Savage, who gave the Dodgers fits a player who reached base nine times in one game, Otani in the eighteen inning Game three, and a game tying ninth inning home run that flipped the World Series. Miguel Rojas and Andy Pajez and Key Key Hernandez I got stories about that as well. But just keep in mind what this means in baseball history. Number One, we're witnessing the greatest period of time in Dodger history from twenty thirteen to twenty twenty five, but especially twenty seventeen to where we are in twenty twenty five. There are only four repeat National League World Series champions. Only four teams in the National League have ever repeated as World champions, the Dodgers this year, the Big Red Machine in seventy five and seventy six, and then you have to go back to really the old age, the Stone Age of the Cubs in seven and eight and the Giants in nineteen twenty one. In nineteen twenty two. There has only been three three Pete champions, the ninety eight to two thousand Yankees, the seventy two through seventy four A's they won three in a row seventy two, seventy three, seventy four, the fifty three Yankees won five in a row, and the thirty nine Yankees won four in a row. So the Dodgers are looking to do what the Yankees did back in ninety eight, ninety nine in two thousand, if they're able to run it back eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number? All right? I want to hear from Dave Roberts. Dave Roberts was on Dan Patrick this morning. He talked about it was weird. Dan Patrick kind of pushed Dave Roberts buttons with this question. Is there something that you would do differently that you didn't do? Here? Was Dave Roberts on Dan Patrick.
Speaker 5: Well, the easiest one is hitting for Miguel Ross. He's a defensive guy. I inserted him in games six to add some infusion and energy into our club. And yeah, that's that's probably the one. But you know, looking at the bench, it's tough to pinch hit and anyone can say and you were probably second guessing me saying you should hit for them, and because the numbers say that, there's other guys that can hit home runs in this but it's hard to come off the bench. And I trusted my players, and you know, he made me look good and he deserved that moment. And in the postseason, what I have learned Dan, is you know, it's not about the numbers. You gotta trust your players. And my job is to know the players. That's my job. Ultimately, that's my job. It's not to know statistics. It's about to know the heartbeat of the player. And I do believe that, you know, to win eleven or this year thirteen games in October, you've got to trust your players, to know your players, and that's.
Speaker 6: What we did.
Speaker 7: But so you're saying, gut feeling still has a place in the game. It feels like we're so attached to analytics. How much of what you did in game seven was gut as opposed to analytics.
Speaker 5: It's it's all gut. I think that if you look back at twenty twenty four, in the postseason, it's the eye test, it's gut. But people, if you look at twenty twenty, it's eye test, it's gut. People can't get off the analytics for some reason. So these are people that are just stuck in their ways and you're never going to change them. But if people that really want to walk, that really watched the game and know the game, then they can see that analytics had nothing. It's about, you know, coaches trusting their players and players stepping up in big moments.
Speaker 4: And that was part of Dan Patrick's conversation with three times World Series champion Dave Roberts as a manager four times with the four Red Sox, if you're including the one that he won as a player, but I gotta be honest with you, I never never thought Dave Roberts should have pinchedh it for Miguil Rojas in Game seven. The reason why Rojas was even starting in Game six and Game seven because Andy pa has in the entire postseason was overmatched, and quite honestly, the Dodger bench was as thin as it's been in years. You had Justin Dean and Hassan Kim at the end of this bench. There was nobody better than Miguel Rojas to take that at bat for the mere reason to get on base, to turn the lineup over for Sho Hao Tani. Nobody thought, including myself, that he would hit the game tying home run. That's the reason why I never even thought that Dave Roberts should pinch hit for Miguel Rojas. There was no better option off the bench to pinch hit for him. And if you were listening to the show during the World Series, you know I was the one that presented the question to Dave Roberts before Game two about thoughts of benching Andy pah has. I thought Miguel Rojas should have been playing in this series since Game two, but luckily Dave Roberts got him in in Game six and Game seven, and that was the difference. He was a huge difference the final two games of the World Series. Obviously, Game seven two outs away from going home, and Miguel Rojas extended the Dodgers season to the eleventh inning when Will Smith took over, all right, we're gonna take a time out. When we come back, we have three lines open. We will get to you eight six, six, nine, eighty seven two five, seventy, we'll hear from Clayton Kershaw. I'll let you know with Shoho Tani's father envisions for his son's future in baseball, and we'll get into what the Dodgers may do this offseason. So a lot to get to between now and eight o'clock. I want to know where you were watching Game seven of the World Series, as your Dodgers are now back to back champions for the first time in franchise history. David vass with you until eight o'clock right here on a five to seventy LA Sports. David Vass with you until eight o'clock on our final Dodger Talk of the month of November. Will rejoin you in December, once the hot stove really gets going in the Winter Meetings next week GM meetings. That's where some of the groundwork is laid as far as trades and signings go. Kind of as a feel out session, but the Winter Meeting seems to have things a little bit more accelerated by that point in time. So we'll be back with you in December. So eight sixty six, nine, eight seven, two, five seventy we've got a full board of calls, so I want to get to you before I do. Since we are the home of the back to back World Series champions. I'm looking at all these stores and I peek my head into a couple and look, I love the Dodger clubhouse stores across southern California. But can we get more gear that says back to back World Series Champions? All I see is the generic twenty twenty five World Series Champions. Yeah, that's true. But the bigger thing here is that we all are celebrating, is that the Dodgers are the first team in a quarter century to win back to back World Series Championships. How about more back to back World Series champions gear out there? My guy, Brad Paisley agrees with me, and I know my girl, Elizabeth Olsen agrees with me too. Elizabeth Olsen was backstage at Jimmy Kimmel telling Sue, Joe and the rest of the Dodgers social media team how much she loves David Vasse and watches me breaking my arm going down that slide in Milwaukee over and over again. So Elizabeth Olson, love it, Thank you, Appreciate you. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Eddie in Fontana. You're gonna lead us off tonight on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Eddie?
Speaker 8: Hey, alright, DV text for taking my call, brother. I appreciate you. I appreciate your your your criticism when needs be, you know, and uh, just, man, what really is there to say? You've pretty much hit out all the points, you know, the collision in centerfield, the the play at home plate, all Roberts, Roberts's decisions that he's made during.
Speaker 4: Well, I haven't. I haven't hit on where Eddie and Fontana was for Game seven of the World Series. Where were you, Eddie?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 8: I was at home in in uh in Fontana watching the game, and uh just it was incredible. It was unbelievable to watch a game like that.
Speaker 9: Steve V.
Speaker 8: That's something that we'll never see again. Bro, That's something that was just historic. And to watch something like that, you'll never forget where you were at when you've seen something like that.
Speaker 4: Love it, Eddie. The Dodgers have given us so many memories they'll pass to October really special. Freddie Freeman's walk off home run in game We're walk off Grand Slam in Game one last year his walk off home run in the eighteenth inning of Game three. This year, Walker Buehler last year being the pitching hero along with Blake Trining. This year, Ya'm a moto being the hero the World Series, MVP. Just so many great memories. Let's go out to CJ and Baldwin Park. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, CJ.
Speaker 3: I'm doing good.
Speaker 10: David.
Speaker 3: I just want to say I really appreciate your inside every night after the postgame. One of the things that I did want to mention was, I know you talked about those Yankees teams, especially Derk junior team, the Athletics, a lot of those teams that don't have to go through so many series and games to win those World Series. So we are the we are the new evil Empire. I love the hate that we get. Los Angeles is the city of champions. And I was at Universal Studios and being a Dodger fan who's gone so many heartbreaks every October, I'm glad to see the team coming through all the win all it takes to win, mentality that the ownership has brought, and seeing all the new fans that have come out. You know, we're at universe when it sounded like the malin echoed, when make you hit that that home run? And then you heard it again when Will Smith hit that game winning home run.
Speaker 4: Thank you, David Hey, that's cool. What a cool place to be. When the Dodgers won Game seven of the World Series, Universal Studios, that's pretty cool. Yeah, he's right. By the way, the Dodgers are the first World champions to win these many games, to have to win the World Series thirteen wins, they had to win two extra ones because they were the number three seed in this expanded postseason. And he's right as well. When you go back to the seventies and before that, even the early eighties, it was you win your division and you're going to you know, the Championship Series, or you going straight to the World Series. In the fifties and before that, So he's right the Dodgers now, in every team now, you have to appreciate the fact that these are expanded postseasons and a lot more traps along the way. It's not just you win your division, you're the National League Pennant winner, you're going on or you just have to win the NLCS and you're going to the World Series. Now the Dodgers and other teams. There are extra rounds, and the Dodgers are the first team to win thirteen games on their way to the World Championship. Not to mention, and a few of the guys did after Game seven and at the parade. The Dodgers started twenty twenty four before every other team. They finished later than any other team. They played more days, were engaged more days. Because they started the year in South Korea twenty twenty five. They're coming off a World Series championship against the Yankees, have to report sooner than everybody else in early February, play all the way through to the second day of November. After starting the year in Tokyo. I said it for a reason to remind the world from Tokyo to Toronto, the Dodgers are the world champions. Don't discount the road the Dodgers had to drive and be on this whole last two years to win back to back championships. That's more impressive than anything any other champion has ever done, including the Yankees with Jeter Pasada Pettit those guys, they did not have to be a world tour rock band like the Dodgers have been. The last two years. Let's go out to Gilbert though in San Diego. Gilbert, though, you're on Dodger Talk, dodo bien champions. Sorry, that wasn't Spanish. That was just like East La accent stuff. Sorry, Gilberto, that was bad at me. That wasn't good. Be honest, not a.
Speaker 11: Pro coopers, Thank you. Listen, listen. I knew it was gonna be a roller coaster of a season. I heard the caller throughout the whole season. The people that didn't believe in Brothers, didn't believe in this and that, and you always kept us informed about what was going on. I never had a doubt. I was with my son at a Chicken Wings place in San Diego throughout the post throughout the post season, except when my son went to a lady to watch the Dodgers. He went to a game for every single series, and in the seventh game, same as last year, when Freddy keep the home run the Grand Slam, or when the Dodgers beat the Yankees in the fifth game, we were at the same place. This time they were about seventy percent Dodger fans and the rest word Toronto uh Doesger haters. It was great. It was a great game. And one of the things that I'm more grateful for is for you, my friend, because you always tell us the truth. You always kept it, keep you kept it. You know, even killed letting us know what was going on, criticizing the team when he needed to be criticized, because what were they were doing, and let us just know, like hold on, things are gonna They're gonna get healthy, they're gonna get better. And my god, they gave us the greatest gifts this year. That team. I've seen many champion Dodgers since the eighties. Eighty one was my first Dodger war fearies this team, what they accomplished, and especially Dave Roberts, he doesn't get the credit he deserves. He should not be ignored no more by the media about being the best manager in baseball because it's very difficult to handle superstars. Anybody can handle average players, average things, but very few people can handle superstars and held them, hold them accountable. And we have a great team. I'm looking forward. I'm going to enjoy these post season and it's spring, spring training, the World Series, and then we'll go at it again next year. Because I know Roberts already got the okay from pat Riley for a three piece and I'm looking forward and my friend, thank you very much for all what you've done this season. My friends, thank you very much because through you we know what's going on. And I really enjoy listening to you and your insight, and I wish you the best.
Speaker 4: My friend, Hey, thank you, good Bruto. We'll talk to you in December. Thank you for those kind words, and I obviously can hear the emotion, the passion, the love of the Dodgers from you, and those are memories that you always have, your son will always have, and that's what baseball is better at doing than any other sport out there, creating those type of memories and bonds with the next generation. Eight six, six, nine, seven, two, five seventy is the phone number. And I agree with him. If you're going to be the guy that says Dave Roberts should have done this, Dave Roberts should have done that, you gotta start giving Dave Roberts a lot of love and a lot more credit because he is one of the main reasons the Dodgers were in a position to be able to beat a very good, tenacious Blue Jays team. And also last year, using his gut, as he said, to go out to the man, look at Blake Trinen and say, all right, I'm gonna trust you. Freddie Freeman trusts you. These guys on the mound trust you. I'm going with you, and I'm going to trust Walker Bueer to close out the game. So uh, he has built such a good bond with the players, and he certainly knows his pitching staff better than most. And look, the reality is it's Andrew Friedman and Dave Roberts. These two guys together have done incredible things together. And I have said this before with certain players that believe there's greener grass on the other side. Dave Roberts and Andrew Freeman are better together than they would be a part. That's for certain. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number we're gonna take our final time out on Dodger Talk. When we come back, we'll get to more of your phone calls. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy, and you'll also hear from Clayton Kershaw. Don't know how much hot Stove I'll be able to get to, but I'll fill you in on a little preview of what to be expected. Dodgers are back to back World Series champions, and this is your home for the back to back champs and five seventy LA Sports and five seventy LA Sports. You're back to back World Series champions, Los Angeles Dodgers, and to relive Game seven of the World Series. You don't have to wait that long. We have a great special feature for you at three o'clock this Friday. We are going to rebroadcast Game seven of the World Series beginning at three o'clock, so on your drive home from school from work, you can listen to that magical Game seven. Many believe that is the greatest World Series Game seven we have ever seen, and you'll be able to hear that again this Friday, beginning at three o'clock, we will rebroadcast Rick Monday and Steven Nelson's call of the Dodgers winning Game seven and becoming back to back World Series champions and sending Clayton Kershaw out a winner as he goes into retirement after eighteen Hall of Fame seasons. We had a chance to catch up with a very emotional Clayton Kershaw after the parade after the rally at the stadium, him holding his youngest son. Just a beautiful scene at Dodger Stadium for one of the greatest pitchers we have ever seen in Major League Baseball. It is Game seven of.
Speaker 1: The World Series. Not a lot of players in their careers get to go out with a team in the World Series, let alone a Game seven of the World Series. But our guy, Clayton Kershaw has that opportunity. How do you, well, Number one, thank you for the time before your last game in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, I sent Ronnie the pregame interview from the first one from the first from the last from Game seven. That was the pregame interview from Game seven. I'm gonna send Ronnie right now the postgame interview there that we had with Kershaw from the rally. So while we do that, let's go back out to the phones. James and Buena Park. Wow, you really got a peek behind the curtain. I spoke to Kershaw before his last game, that epic Game seven, and we had a chance to catch up with him at the rally. James, so very lucky to be with him every day the last fourteen seasons.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Hey, how are you doing, David Great? Hey, I'm probably the biggest Dodgery fan out there. I was at my first Dodger game back in nineteen seventy seven and Don Sutton was a pitcher. I was at Fernando's first game against the Ashtros in eighty one, and I was at the Kirk Kitchen home run in eighty eight.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 12: And where I watched the game was. I got a hotel room on Sunset Boulevard and Vince Scully Drive at the hotel and watched the game by myself and had a big Chacaroni pizza and a six pack of Doctor Pepper.
Speaker 4: Are you saying on the corner of Sunset and Vin Scully Boulevard or vincecar Way? That hotel that's right there, That's where you watched it.
Speaker 13: That's why I watched by myself.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, that's amazing. Wow. What was the scene like around that area when the Dodgers got the funnel out?
Speaker 14: It was incredible.
Speaker 12: People were hawking their horns and it was just it was intense. Let me tell you, it was intent.
Speaker 4: Wow. James, that's aggressive. Great move by you. Thank you for sharing that with us. I've never met anybody that has stayed at that hotel. I've seen people renovated hotel right there on the corner of Vinscully Wayne Sunset Boulevard. I do love Bar Flores on Sunset Boulevard. I like that scene. I like that vibe. Let's go out to Bellflower. Maria. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 10: How you doing, Maria, I'm doing well.
Speaker 9: Thanks for taking my call, David.
Speaker 13: Please, I wanted to share with you my Game seven story. So I was at home with my family and my niece.
Speaker 9: Who's two years old, who's obsessed with the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: It was her first.
Speaker 9: Sleepover that night, and she every night when she goes to bed, we ask her who do you want to pray for? And the game is going on, and unprompted, she says, I want to pray for the Dodgers. And then she gave me a rosary and I held on to the rosary the rest of the night, and when they won, I was able to hug my dad. So it was a very special evenion at our house.
Speaker 4: Oh, Maria, that's amazing. That's that's a memory that you'll have for a lifetime. And were you holding that rosary a little extra tighter. When Miguel Rojas came to the plate with two with one out.
Speaker 13: I was and I think I scared.
Speaker 9: My niece because I yelled so loud and she might to startle her.
Speaker 13: Honestly, like, it was such an amazing experience and that was such an amazing game. And I also want to say thank you to you and one on the radio side, because I've been listening to you guys all year and you guys are just continuing Vinscully's legacy. So I'm just so happy that we have the best in the business.
Speaker 4: I love hearing that, Maria, because that's what it's all about. You gotta understand the responsibility that you have broadcasting part of the Dodger games, and you know, the play by play guys especially have that responsibility to be not Vin Scully, but be as impartial and down the line as Vin Scully was. We all knew Vin wanted the Dodgers to win, but you never heard him say we or us. He called it down the line, and that's what I think we all grew up with and appreciated. We knew Vin wanted the Dodgers to win, but he never went over the top. Eight six six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number Kellen in La. Where were you for Game seven? Were you holding on to a rosary like Maria? Where were you at?
Speaker 15: I was holding on to my wife's sweat.
Speaker 4: Damn, I bet yours were sweaty too, the whole thing.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we watched that thing at the house. I was at Game three all three, every inning. Got home around two o'clock in the morning. I was at Game two last year in the World Series, in Game six and twenty seventeen. Still get patsd watching all the highlights from that World Series, specifically the Game seven, but so many monumental events during that game that still make me gag and dry heave as I watched through them, even though I know what the outcome is going to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you got twenty twenty five to be able to relive, and we'll rebroadcast the game at three o'clock on Friday twenty seventeen. Is a distant memory, obviously, one that should have been the Dodgers, and I'll always believe that and the guys that were on that team. Unfortunately a lot of them did not get an opportunity to try to win one. But yeah, I don't want to talk about seventeen. I'm just trying to enjoy twenty five. Thanks for the phone call, Kellen appreciated. Yeah, you think back to twenty seventeen, guys like rich Hill, Chase Utley, Andre Ethier, just to name a few, never got another opportunity to be able to try to win a championship because that was it for them. Eight six six are at least for Ethier and Utley. Rich Hill went on to other teams and he still hasn't announced his retirement, but yeah, as a Dodger, that was it for those three eight six, six, nine, eight seven, two, five seventy is the phone number. How about Tyler Glass now who obviously had his ups and downs during the season, and Dave Roberts really work with him to just change his mindset. And if he doesn't change his mindset going into the postseason and the last month of the year, he couldn't do what he did come out of the bullpen multiple times in that eighteen inning affair, and then you know, be able to actually he started Game three of the World Series, that eighteen inning game and then come out of the bullpen in Game six and uh, you know, get get huge outs. I mean without Tyler Glassnow getting Ernie Clement to pop out on the first pitch in the ninth inning in Game six, the Dodgers probably don't win that maybe it goes to extra innings again, and that's not something the Dodgers wanted to see. And then obviously glass Now was on the mound when when Keiy Hernandez was able to double off Addison Barger at second base to end Game six and give the Dodgers the opportunity at a game seven eight six, six, seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Noah in Wittier. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 10: How you doing Noah, I'm doing good and thank you for answering my call. I would just want to say I was at a wink stop after my homecoming and seeing everybody in that wink stop come together and celebrate after the Dodgers win was just amazing. It shows how much this team means to everyone over here and it was just beautiful to see.
Speaker 4: Love it. Noah, What, how Spicey do you get your wings?
Speaker 10: I love him? Really spicy man. Gotta there you go really spicy.
Speaker 4: There you go. You could play for the Dodgers with that attitude for sure.
Speaker 10: Thank you, Thank you. Also, I just want to say Kershaw is the man for coming out in that very tense situation in Game three, just to get that one out in a three to two count. Just that's just got stuff right there, man, nothing else you can ask for him.
Speaker 4: That's a guy that will outcompete anybody that he's facing. That's what he always talks talks about its competition, just trying to go monoemno against that hitter and who's gonna be the guy that blinks? And you're right, that was a big out because if he walks Nathan Lucas, the Blue Jays have the lead in extra innings, and if he gives up a base hit, the blue Jays score too. So that wasn't just a charity offering by Dave Roberts. They needed Clayton Kershaw to get that out. And speaking of Clayton Kershaw, he actually told me when we got off the bus at the parade when we arrived at Dodger Stadium that he never saw the play at the plate with Isaiah Kanna Filefa and he never even saw him get to third base. He never even knew how he got to third base, and he never even saw will Smith's home run because he was getting ready to come into the game to face Dalton Varshow. If Yamamoto can't get that game or game ending double play the eleventh inning, when Varshow comes to the plate, Kershaw was coming in. That was it for Yamamoto if he doesn't get that game ending double play. So that's a little behind the scenes of Kershaw's vantage point and what he was doing in the Dodger bullpen and part of the reason why he was so late to the dogpile because he was warming up to come in to face the lefty Dalton Varshow if it got to him in the eleventh inning. Speaking of Clayton Kershaw, here was our conversation after Game seven was all said and done and the parade was said and done.
Speaker 16: Oh hey, Dave, how are you doing.
Speaker 4: I'm doing great.
Speaker 1: I'm like one of the kids, you know, you just show up and here I am.
Speaker 16: I think we can handle one more interview or a question or whatever you got for me.
Speaker 1: Well, last year you were incredibly emotional. How are you able to keep it together. You did not cry like you said you might.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I think it's I'm just at piece man, Like this is uh, there's not a sad bone in my body. It's just so it's just so happy to be able to celebrate your last game ever, your last time at Dodger Stadium ever, with fifty thousand fans and getting to tell them how much they mean to you, and getting to be here with my teammates and how much they mean to me. Like you can't script it. You can't script it, you know, And.
Speaker 4: So I just.
Speaker 16: I'm just so grateful, thankful for every part of this. That parade was the most epic parade. I mean, I'll remember that for a lifetime. So yeah, I think that's how I kept together. I'm just happy. Man. That's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: What a group to go out with, right, Clayton, you're a guy that really cares about the team. Doesn't make it more special that you guys go out as back to back chickins.
Speaker 4: But with the character of this.
Speaker 16: Team, well, I mean, let's be honest, back to back champs. You'll do that with anybody, but this group is not just anybody. You know, this group you kind of heard a little bit. There's a lot of different personalities, there's a lot of different guys that can say a lot of things, do a lot of things. But at the end of the day, we're one team and we had one goal and everybody pushed towards it. And I know it all sounds cliche, one band, one sound, all that stuff, but it really is true. Man Like, it's just not about one guy. Like we got a lot of great ones, but it's not about one. So I'm pretty happy with that. It's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, the game rewards certain players, and the game has rewarded Clayton Kershaw because of how he's honored it all these years, going out after eighteen seasons as a back to back World Series champion. Congratulations, Thank you.
Speaker 16: Ben, thank you. It's special. It has been. It's been awesome.
Speaker 4: FaceTime you tomorrow.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm mean give it a couple days, Okay, a couple days, all right.
Speaker 4: All right, sounds good. All right, there he goes Clayton Kershaw. I did not FaceTime him today. I'm letting him breathe a little bit. But look, I always said this the last fourteen years, you knew the world was right every fifth day when Layton Kershaw was on the mound, and that's not gonna happen anymore. And that's gonna be a big adjustment for everybody that's been around the Dodgers for the last eighteen years and for me the last fourteen years. It's gonna be different, no doubt about it. All Right, let's take more phone calls. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We got a full board a call. So, Luke and Glendale, where were you for Game seven? I'm trying to get to all y'all.
Speaker 14: DV I was at my house with my fiance, who normally doesn't watch baseball with me, and she said it was the most entertaining baseball game she's ever watched.
Speaker 4: So wedding's still on after Game seven? Maybe Game seven seals? Okay, okay, Look, I'm.
Speaker 14: A first time calling, a long time listener, and cameo purchaser myself.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Yes, yes, you did it.
Speaker 14: On the night that they signed show Hey, which I greatly appreciate. One thing that I will also say is that my dad, after every.
Speaker 6: Dodger game, he says it's either happy Dodger talk or sad Dodger talk. It's nice all post season, for all this summer, I mean summer, all this winter. We get to listen to happy Dodger talk because we are world champions.
Speaker 4: Nothing sweeter than that. Luke, thank you so much for listening. And uh, you know, if you ever need another Cameo, let me know.
Speaker 14: You're always there.
Speaker 16: DV.
Speaker 14: Thank you so much for all you do.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you, thank you for the love. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Yet it's not a joke. Cameo asked me to join. I was like, really me, okay, so yeah I do cameos eight six six eight seven two five seventy. Uh, let's go out to Luis in La. Where were you for Game seven of the World Series? Luise?
Speaker 17: All right, I was on my way to work and the sad, sad, sad part. I was my way to desert ponds. No signal, Oh, no signal, no no signal.
Speaker 4: Where what do you mean your radio? And five seventy no.
Speaker 17: Radio, no signal radio station. I have the on on my phone heavy app for the TV. It's the cable. No nothing, no signal.
Speaker 4: Oh you gotta go. iHeartRadio app next time I don't know what was happening right there. It's the desert, Louise, hard to get it. But yes, do you want to leave? Do you want to end this call on a happy note?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 17: I am very happy that we won. I was jumping around. I was making phone calls to everybody that back in the lad I was watching the game. I was very happy because we finally did it back to back. And I never want to remember that twenty seventeen because we know that we had that one too.
Speaker 4: All right, well you brought up seventeen. That's not a happy note. We got to take a happy car before we say good night, Luis. Come on, life is good. Let's go out to North Hollywood. Harry. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Harry? Make me feel good? Harry?
Speaker 11: Is this?
Speaker 18: Did I reach the home of the back to back world series? Los Angeles Dodgers, the champions?
Speaker 4: Yes you did?
Speaker 18: Hello, so sweet, so sweet, David, It is so great. I watched it at home in my backyard and my brother. My brother had just gotten married in June and moved out, and the whole postseason he would watch at his house. We would I was with my cousins, at my house and we were on the text together that day, out of the blue, my brother wats them comes to the backyard. We watched the game and it was just we've been watching it our whole lives together, and it was the greatest game Game seven, for sure, that I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: All Right, Harry, thank you for the phone call. That's a good way to end the show. A happy call right there. Thank you to everybody that called in. If I couldn't get to you, We'll do it again December first, as the Dodgers and the hot stove really heat up. I'll leave you with this. Sho Hao Tani's father wrote an open letter to his son after the Dodgers won the World Series. Dylan Hernandez, who did a great job chronicling Yamamoto's journey in the World Series, and now this translated that Otani's dad wrote, show, Hey, you're thirty one years old. I think as a baseball player you're in your prime. But there will come a time when you have to decide between pitching and hitting. When you can't pitch anymore, you can be an outfielder. I think that if you practice, you can definitely do it. That was show Hao Tani's father an open letter in a japan newspaper. So how about that something to come. Maybe that'll do it for us on Dodger Talk. Thank you to all of you for listening all season long. It's not like it's old, but we're not gonna I need to reboot. I gotta reintroduce myself to my kids and my wife. So we'll do this again at the beginning of December. You'll see me on sports and at LA from time to time, and whenever there's breaking Dodgers news, obviously I'll be on with Petros and money So and Rogan and Rodney. So we got you covered. And don't forget this Friday, three o'clock, we are rebroadcasting Game seven of the World Series. Thanks to Ronnie Foscio for all his help, and thanks to you. Coming up next Fox Sports Radio. See ya,